Speaker 1: Hi. I'm Vanessa Beyor and this is my brother Jonah.
Speaker 2: We're two siblings who love to talk about our childhood and nostalgia and how shaped us into the people we are today.
Speaker 3: We're very excited for this, sessh if I do say so myself.
Speaker 2: Welcome to how did We get Weird?
Speaker 3: You know, Jonah, our guest today is very into theaters and musicals, and I think did a lot of that growing up. And I often will come on here and kind of give my gripes about times that I was miscast in our middle school theater program.
Speaker 1: But don't give you a lot of chance to do that.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking about a time when you were I would say, miscast in elementary school production.
Speaker 2: I believe, yeah, maybe in middle school. Even it was a production of Annie. I was really hoping to be Daddy.
Speaker 1: Warbucks, right, you wanted to be Daddy Warbock.
Speaker 2: I believe this was a stagecrafter's production.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, stagecrafters are after school theater program.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yeah I got cast as Sandy the Dog, which feels like kind of mean, like like, so I was in a dog suit. It was really hot, really hot, and like, there's the only scene. I really remember. Maybe the only scene I had was like there's a scene where like Annie or Daddy Warbucks, and like Sandy has to run to one of them and he I can't decide, and so it's a kind of fake out and then I run to Annie. But I think that's like the only I don't think it was like a real part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I also remember, I hope it's okay to say this. You were pretty upset, Like I remember, you really wanted to kind of you were thinking about pulling out of the production entirely, was.
Speaker 2: I probably should have. I stand by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's interest our guests because I'm curious if she's ever been miscast in such a way. ARC guest today Isn't actress, comedian, and writer who co created the Hulu series Hot Wives and has also worked on some of your favorite shows including Black Monday and Clone High, and alongside Casey Wilson, she co hosts my favorite podcast, not Counting This One, Bitch SESSH.
Speaker 1: Please welcome Danielle Schneider.
Speaker 4: I am so excited to be here. I adore you, I adore your brother. Now You're just the we always come to you on bitch sessh. In times of need, we're like we need. I just said to you before we started this, like I need your eyes on things, like I'm always I need your eyes and thoughts and so on. Love is blind right now, but like I feel like we come to you for for big for big times, and we and we abuse and use you all the time.
Speaker 1: Such an honor.
Speaker 3: And when you had me on right after the monica of at all you know of real Housewives of Salt Lake City, I had a lot to say and I some might say I sided too much with her.
Speaker 4: You know that was pre re union, did that some might some might Yeah, you know we know better, we do better, right, That's right, that's right now.
Speaker 3: You know Jonah was obviously he was just saying he was cast as Sandy the Dog in Andie. Have you ever been I'm curious, like when you started doing theater and if you and like, what were some of the craziest, slash most insulting roles you've ever been giving?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I'm so upset they were cast as Sandy the Dog because I have also been. I'm so like, literally when I heard it, my mouth dropped it one because that's the shock, and that's not okay because in most productions they either get a real dog, someone will like use their dog from home like for like a production, or they've had just like a stuffed animal on the stage. These are productions I've been and been a part of it. I'm very upset for you, and I feel like you should sue. Yeah, I don't know if the statue limitations has run out, but I feel like we should consult a lawyer. That's first and foremost and very course. But I've always been in my mind misscast. But I think the problem is that I didn't know who I was right at that eight, you know, because I also was a theater kid, and I went to a theater camp during the summer, which was like an intensive right and I thought I was going in my first summer and they were doing a production of Annie, along with a few other things. And I was like, well, I'm obviously Annie. I mean everything, I think everybody knows that anybody knows anything knows that I'm Annie, right, and to not even to get cast is nothing. To get cast as like ring for Drake or whatever, you know what I mean, Like I was cast as like I think you're gonna like it here like always, and then I went back the next summer because I don't know if I'm just a glunt for punishment. I was like, this is my year, this is right here that I get Sandy and Grease of course, or even like Rizzo, you know, if Stockard Channing had played at forty five, like there's no reason that I couldn't play Rizzo.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: And didn't get cast in any of those productions, but weirdly got cast as a dancer in anything goes like a dancing role. And please know that I cannot dance. I'm not a dancer. So to get cast as one of the four main dancers like the Angels, and the other three girls that got cast were like dancers, like like almost like wanted to do that for their life, like dance, dance forward, dance first and the triple threats. That was their number one threat. And I wasn't even but that's how bad of a singer I was. That like my dancing shining through, I guess. And so I got cast as a dancer. And I remember having to have these like late night dance sessions at the bottom of like the like this basement of the theater and to this and like terrible, and these girls I was holding them back in every way, like we couldn't do all these moves because I simply couldn't keep up with the type of times.
Speaker 1: And it was like tap dance too, which is dance.
Speaker 3: It's so hard and people know how to dance, are like you can show them a move once and they're like we got and you're yes, what.
Speaker 4: And so I got cast as a stancer and then I I got my knee like blew up really bad from from the tap and to this day, I have a really bad like tap injury. Anything goes like. But then I went back the next summer, but I went back with a plan. I was like, I'm going to be on vocal rest, so they can't cast me in a singing role, but they have to cast me in a drama perfectly. So then I got cast as a male role. You know, this was also like theater camps. So there were one hundred girls and ten men, and so if you just had if you were just slightly male, you would get like the lead in every you know, like you like you didn't have to shine, you didn't have to have talent. You were just male and that was enough to get you, like the lead role in Fame, like Lee Roy and Fame, you know what I mean, Like like you could be Daddy War but you know, you could be anything. And we women, as we do, had to scratch and bite and claw. But I weirdly got a mail role. There were so many roles and so few men that I played Sigmund Freud in like a student produced show, and I actually it was fun. Like That's when I started to realize, like, oh, I don't think I'm an ingenue. Me later that I'm like, oh no, I'm the guy that comes on in Guys and Dolls and is like drunk and like mad. Like That's when I was like, oh comedy, yes, yes, But I I knew I was. I knew I was attracted to that, but I had this delusion that I was, you know, in lay Miss and like by Babe, like that I was the the ingenue because that's what I wanted to be. But I wasn't. I was comedic relief that comes in and says two lines and leaves and that's what what's that?
Speaker 3: I still think I'm the ingenuiney now, I will say while you were telling the story, two thoughts came up.
Speaker 1: Two stories came up in my mind.
Speaker 3: One is I forgot that I actually was cast in Annie at Overnight Camp.
Speaker 1: Jonah. I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 3: This, but this was This must have been hard for you to This was more or less humiliating than Jonah's part, just because of the circumstances of it. I auditioned at Overnight Camp to do a production of Annie, and I think I sang Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star, and I hadn't you know, it was a bit rusty, and I believe that I sort of forgot how it goes while it was auditioning, and that was, you know, a bit humiliating. And then come to find out rather than again, yeah, I also thought, oh, I'm a shoein' for Annie. I was cast as a gardener, so I was a lady who comes in every so often and pretends to water plants. Now, it wouldn't have been so humiliating, except Jonah went to the neighboring boys camp and we we went to I don't know remember this, Jonah. We went to their camp to perform it, and God, would I have loved to in front of my brother and his cool friends had an actual part that wasn't just a just wasn't just coming on stage and pretending to water plants.
Speaker 1: But did you get to Allie sing?
Speaker 4: I think she's gonna like it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't really have a memory of doing that. I more have a memory of carrying like a little maybe improvising, carrying a little picture with water.
Speaker 4: I'm going to bring that prop all the way to the boys.
Speaker 2: Camp, No, across the lake.
Speaker 4: What camp did you go to? I'm so curious.
Speaker 3: I went to that was I just went there one year and then I started going to a different, more closer overnight camp.
Speaker 1: But I went to this camp called.
Speaker 2: The camp I went to. It is called north Star North Starward, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forget.
Speaker 4: You guys are in Midwestern. I'm on the East coast. So there was like East coast camps, and then there were like Midwestern camp.
Speaker 3: Yes, Birch Trail, That's what it was called. It was called Birch Trail, the camp.
Speaker 2: I went to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine, we're all East coast kind of.
Speaker 3: Yes, which more probably a more intense theater program, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 4: I didn't go to like Stage Door like Casey Casey Rose went to Stage Door, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to high school with people who went to Stage Door.
Speaker 4: Those are like legit, like Kate Hudson was there when she was there, like you know what I mean, Like Natalie Portman, you know what I mean? Like these were like legit like Broadway.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, I know people and I remember they would come back from camp and be like Natalie Portman was there.
Speaker 4: Like so yes, So that's a different caliber. Mine was definitely like a B side of a camp. Like it was like the people couldn't afford Stage Door or like couldn't quite hack it, and it was just like this. It was a longer name. It was called Chapel Hill Chauncey Hall Summer Theater School.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, a mouthful.
Speaker 1: Intense.
Speaker 4: So it's not as well known. I don't think it exists.
Speaker 2: I had one other. The only other audition I remember is Vanessa audition for something for our temple. You did a musical at our temple, Yeah, And I auditioned by trying to do Billy Joels. We didn't start the fire. I had that song memorized memory.
Speaker 1: Like listening to it and practicing it a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I went in there, and I like, even as a kid, I was young, I was probably twelve, Like I knew I blew it. Like I absolutely knew I wasn't going to get cast because I went in and instead of singing, I just kind of talked it. I was at door stay but a tedle vision, and I was just kind of talking like really fast all the fact. And I remember it was like these two moms or something, and they were like, wow, that's like a lot of educational information you memorized, like they were trying to be like complimentary, but like descending.
Speaker 4: That's like when someone telling you you look like you had fun up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do you remember what the play was?
Speaker 2: I don't remember what the play was. I know I didn't get cast in it. I never heard back from them again. Still waiting for the call. Yeah, I'm still waiting the call. You know.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I just want to say to anyone listening that if you want, this humiliation can follow your entire life.
Speaker 4: It's true. It's like this humiliation can all be yours.
Speaker 1: It never ends.
Speaker 3: If you choose this as a lifestyle, you'll just always be able to like put yourself in positions where you're.
Speaker 4: Just like please like me, but but I'm going to make it really hard for you.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel. Yeah, every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jonah, I'm so curious what you were auditioning for a temple. Did you ever audition for anything at your temple? Well, my parents we were in a temple. I grew up in Georgia and we went to a temple. And then famously my father they called him asking for like the yearly donation, and my Dad's like, yeah, okay, I'll give this amount, and they were like no, we wanted considerably more. And my father was like, well, I think we've come to an impasse rather quickly covers station.
Speaker 1: I think the same thing happened with that.
Speaker 2: No, the same thing didn't happen. Our dad said, we converted.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's Jonah. That's when the Jewish Federation called asking for money. He told them he converted.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they love that. No, we didn't have and my temple like again, there wasn't a lot of like arts in my temple, Like yeah, like you're not even gonna get like a production of Bientel in there, you know what I mean. Like it was just like I wish I would have been more inclined to go if there was like a you know, temple production of a chorus line or something like that. So no, we dropped out of It wasn't even about mits but nothing. My father was just like, we've spent enough, and if you don't think I've spent nothing, goodbye.
Speaker 3: I think I think something similar happened, but maybe just a few years later, where are like do an impass with our temple where it was like, actually, you know, our kids aren't doing much there anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, she's going I have to like wake them up to go.
Speaker 2: They don't, Oh my god?
Speaker 3: And can you Also, I also cannot believe thinking back, how we would go like every Sunday like and I I mean, once I was there, it was sort of okay, but I getting up and going, I was like, this is hell.
Speaker 4: And also in Atlanta at the time, I think a lot more Jews have moved to the south. But at the time in the eighties, it wasn't so you had to drive like over the hill and over the riff through the woods, like it wasn't close in any way. Yeah, yes, like so it wasn't closed. We would have to like be and I remember we had to to go into the car with the Kuran skis and I wasn't thrilled about them, and it was like it was a lot for me. Yeah, so by the time they were just like no. And then we had nowhere to really go on like the high Holy Holidays or anything like that, so we would just stay home.
Speaker 1: That as a.
Speaker 4: Bonus, yeah, yeah, then you could just watch TV.
Speaker 3: We had a different experience because there were a lot of Jewish people where we in this you know, suburbs of Cleveland where we grew up.
Speaker 1: But huh, yeah, we would just go every Sunday and no.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't. And then I I did start telling people I was half Jewish because I don't know why, I think because there weren't that many of us, and so I was like, I'm only half, so you can only half hate me. It's gonna be great. Oh wow, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I guess we're all doing great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing great now. Ye live through that adversity to kind of get get to where we are today.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I like, I'd like to think that the parts that we got that didn't you know, they might not have been felt great at the time, but they challenged us to become our best selves.
Speaker 4: Well, this is how I feel. I feel like I had friends growing up that were much more talented than me in the sense that they were always getting you know, the great roles Reno Sweeney in Goes or you know violin Twelve Night, just really like spectacular actors, singers, dancers. But then once they hit New York or Los Angeles, they had so much rejection that it was shocking to.
Speaker 1: Them, right right, that's true.
Speaker 4: I was so used to it. I I was so comfortable with Danielle.
Speaker 1: I feel the exact same way.
Speaker 3: I really feel like the level of like me being the eel in the Little Mermaid or.
Speaker 4: That's a great part.
Speaker 1: I would have killed for that part. It was oversold as a comedy role.
Speaker 3: And then when me and and me and the other like the other girl who got it, I was like, this is like my partner here, and we were like.
Speaker 4: Work with God damn it.
Speaker 1: But it did.
Speaker 3: It really did set me up in a nice way where I was like, oh, I'm oh, this rejection, I'm used to this.
Speaker 1: This ain't nothing. Yeah, it hates really true nothing.
Speaker 4: I feel like all my friends better the cream of the crop. We're just like, I can't handle this. And now they're in like real estate or like mortgages, right, lawyers. And I'm still here as Elaine Stretch.
Speaker 1: Yes here, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I do think it's it's set me up in a great way to be like, oh that job, I wasn't even think about it anymore. Or you gonna tell me no, yes, guess what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care exactly. Let me think about it. Oh, that happens to me all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't want me get in line. I think you're special. You're not. Everybody doesn't want that.
Speaker 4: Everybody hates me.
Speaker 1: Good luck, you're not original.
Speaker 4: Yeah, try again by.
Speaker 1: One of many. Well, we're going to take a quick commercial.
Speaker 4: Please, but you're gonna reject me. You want to kick out this podcast?
Speaker 3: Doubt It wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last. Yeah, we'll be right back with our friend Danielle Schneider. And we're back. And here we are back. So Casey, Oh my god, I called you Casey.
Speaker 4: Everybody does. It's funny. Yes, people call me Casey. And then I also have a writing partner, Donna, and people constantly mix us again, and they're just like I just answered her name at the time because it's just like I don't even know who I am anymore.
Speaker 2: Only have partners to any of whatever it all goes again.
Speaker 1: You cannot hurt me, That's right. Same.
Speaker 3: So, Danielle, we asked you to bring in a topic today. The topic that you brought in was just fantastic. We Big Adventure. Now, why did you want to talk about this?
Speaker 4: That is a movie I saw as a kid that changed my world my worldview just it hit a spot where it tickled me so much. I thought it was so funny in every way because and it was smart and weird and lines that I still I just couldn't stop wat it was like on one summer on HBO because I didn't see it in the theater. It's not the type of thing that I think my parents would have taken me too. And I didn't know it was subversive in any way, you know what I mean, Like, Yeah, that was what's so great about Peewee is that and that voice is that it is also subversive and edgy and saying funny. You know, It's like it's not mainstream, it's it's it's for kids, but not for kids, you know, and the sense that I didn't get that, and so I feel like it was like making me smarter. It made my humor smarter. I was laughing at things that like were so odd and so smart, and like, I just have such a clear memories of moments like where he's with all the bikers and they're like, I say we do this to him. I say we do this to him, and then he's like.
Speaker 1: I say we let him go, like doesn't out of the side of his mouth.
Speaker 4: And I would find myself at like age thirteen, everybody like saying this, this, this, this, you know, like I say we do this, or we do this, and I would just be like, I say, we let him go, Like you know what I mean, just quote finding opportunities to quote that movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was so so such a gem to me, like so like it felt so good in anybody else that liked it too.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, we spoke a special language together.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So if you liked it, I knew that we were gonna be friends if we would if I quote it and they would laugh. That was like a secret language to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, pee wee was so funny and but he was so full of emotion, and he was a child but had like these adult thoughts and I think I was at that perfect age.
Speaker 4: I probably saw it at thirteen or something, or maybe even younger. But just like just his relationship with the rich kid who like stole his bike, and you know what I mean, like and just how mean he was too, like just such a little snot and so mean. We would always just say like funny, hilarious, weird things, and the whole sort of cartoon world felt like a little scary, a little you know what I mean, Like when and large March, like it was a little dark. You know it was Tim It was Tim Burton, you know what I mean. Yeah, that felt that was the first time I think I'd seen anything Tim Burton.
Speaker 1: I think it was the first thing he ever directed or so yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was a tract. Like there's something about the whole movie, the look, the feel, the humor, the acting, and just in the end when they changed his voice, for like when he does his one line and they're like calling mister Hermit. It's just like those moments. Well and then like him going into the pet store to get every single pet and then he has to get the snakes and he doesn't want to, and then he like goes and gets the snakes and like passes out with all this, like he keeps going in and looking at them and being like no, no, no, I can't get them, with then going and getting them at the end and like his oh it just I mean, I'm just I'm just saying moments, but they are also still so magical to me. And I haven't seen the movie in years, but like when he's like doing he calls all his friends and all his weird like ragtag group of like the BMX bikers and the people from the pet shop and like and like all these people gathered the weirdos that he gathers around for like this meeting of like where his bike is.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it flashes back and it's like exhibit cue and you just note that they've been there forever. Like it's just yeah, just I love that movie. And then it brought me to other things of that ilk. I think it was my entryway, my my drug into And then my favorite scene of all and the entire movie is jan Hooks and the Alamo, because again, there are no small roles when I say I had never seen her before. I didn't know her from SNL yet or anything like that. And she was just doing the tour and she had this like Texas X yes, and she was just like pedro In and Naz are very proud of their clay pot, like I don't know why, but it killed me.
Speaker 2: It killed me.
Speaker 3: We rewatch it because we knew that you had said that that is like your favorite moment and it is hilarious. She's so good and the way that she's sort of kind of ignoring Peewee, like the way that she like has no time for him, but is like also being like too sweet to everybody else has.
Speaker 4: When she's like can you say Adobe, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: She tells the them that they're her favorite group yet and.
Speaker 4: Let's just talk about like doing something with what I'm sure on the page. Was just like she's a tour guide and he just trusted her because I'm sure they were like friends from Groundlings or what, yes, And he was just like, oh, it's just like and she was and I saw that part and I was like I knew at that moment, I was like this is what I want to do with my life.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: I like, that's when I got it. I was like, yeah, I can do that. That five minute role less Yeah, that sticks out. And just like I was, I then had to watch everything she's doing and like it was just so specific. She was so specific in that tour guide scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Then were you a fan of Pee's Playhouse at this point? Did that come later?
Speaker 4: I think that came later. I think it came later for me because I think Peebe's big event sure came first because I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, what is this Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then pee Wee's big advance And I love Pewey's Playhouse and it was funny and subversive and stuff too, but Peewee's ADVENTU was a little darker, and I think.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: It's also funny that you say that when you saw Jane Hook's performance in that that made you that, that made you want to go sort of into comedy and do that kind of a thing. I in retrospect when I watch Wet Hot American Summer and I see Janine garoffalo I, a lot of the moves that she does I think are like I think that's a lot of the stuff that I do that I didn't even realize. But like when she's just so many of her moves, like when she's talking about putting moose in her hair and she doesn't understand if she means like a moose that's out in the wild or a moose, and the just so much of the ways that she talks, and she's sort of like she sort of second guesses a lot.
Speaker 1: Of her words.
Speaker 3: And then when she's doing the roll call and she starts to sort of make up the names, and like, I there's so many things she does in that movie that I'm like, oh my god, like that's this is like my favorite. But like her performance in that movie is so good, and I do think that, like a lot of the stuff that I do is very inspired by her in that specific movie.
Speaker 4: You know, oh yeah, like we take these people and we're like, that's inspirational to me.
Speaker 2: I want to be that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to adapt that and and you do make it your own, but it is, you know, it's like it's inspired us because I definitely was by Jan Hooks. Like I do think that like that is the basis for my comedy. You know what I mean like, and it's my version of it. It's with you know, it's with everything inside of you and your thoughts and your so she would people would never recognize that it's not it's inspiration of like this hits home.
Speaker 2: I feel this very deeply.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I love it very deeply, and I am It's in me already and I'm just like inspired by by yes. And I think she would be happy to know. I think so too into her and she would be jan hooks orryp the yes and also what you were saying. I think Jonah and I had what you're talking about. I know I had a lot with Tommy Boy, Like when my friends and I would talk to each other, like we would use phrases from Tommy Boy.
Speaker 1: We still do, actually, I don't know if you still like, Yeah, we would.
Speaker 3: We would talk about I think our dad literally when he like drops something.
Speaker 1: Now, Johan, I don't know if you've noticed this.
Speaker 3: He'll say son of a like the way Chris Farley's said that, but not ironically, like it's just become part of his vocabulary when he's actually frustrated.
Speaker 2: I have noticed that. You know what's interesting is I was in a when I was in this band. We were touring about twenty years ago. We're touring in Europe. We had this promoter from Hamburg and me and one of the guys in our band, Craig. We're always quoting the movie The Cable Guy. We're like obsessed with The Cable Guy, so we're always quoting it. I remember this guy thought it was like like my ring tone was like a lot Jim Carrey from The Cable Guy.
Speaker 1: Like I was, oh, he went so deep. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And this promoter was sort of like he was a little older than us, and he was like, I don't He's like, this seems like a very American thing. He's like, I don't like people your age here, don't get so obsessed with something in this way. And they're talking like constantly quoting like he thought it was King.
Speaker 4: Is that American?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear.
Speaker 1: Were you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true that was his perception, but I could sort of. I don't know. It almost feels like like not cultured or something.
Speaker 3: Were you at the age then when The Cable Guy had just come out, or was it something you were recalling from your childhood?
Speaker 2: I mean, I was probably like twenty five or something or twenty that's probably too old to be maybe as obsessed with I just like that.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering it had been out for a while.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, is like I still do that with my friends because it's like from when we were, you know, thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 4: But like sure we yeah, I do too, Like I still quote Clue Madeline conn and Clue, which was another movie on that journey of like my people logo flames right right, yeah, it's my face, like like I still can't. Like I was so inspired by these type of women I think and men in my life who were just so odd.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's we were.
Speaker 3: Also like that about Wayne's world, I think, and always Wayne's world. There was so much stuff we were quoting all the time and then and still sort of do.
Speaker 1: And then also I remember and now.
Speaker 3: When I watch if you if you watch, so I married an ex murderer. Now, oh god, I like the call me thing is from that. I think, like that's like Mike Myers like call me, Like, yeah, my friends and I used to do that so much, particularly my friend Steffie Ruin and I used to do that to each other all the time, and I think it's from that movie, and like I never knew exactly what. I knew it was Mike Myers, But anyway, I there's things like that where I'm like, oh, this phrase I fully took from this movie and was doing all the time with my friends and still do. And it's if you don't get it, you're like you get out of my face.
Speaker 4: I know that's my feels like if you don't get it, then you don't get me, and we can't be friends, we can't know each other. Also, kids in the hall became like that for me too, like my friends and I shouting down the hallway in high school, my girlfriend Arianne and I like we were such weirdos and people, what are you doing? I just shout after her my pen through the hallways and people like what's happening? And then Bruce McCullough does that weird kid character that's like, you know, that's so odd and weird, And he would always say to someone like, how much you think my headways like it just Matt and I, my husband, Matt, and I still say that to like when we see like a kid that's just like super funny and weird around and my daughter can be this way too, and just we'll just turn to each other and be like how much do you think my headways?
Speaker 2: And it's just the secret language. Did you two ever get into like action movies when you were kids, because I was like very into those, but I felt like there were all these like one liners that were not really easy, like you'd blow up like a bank and be like like, I guess to drive the teller's clothes either, I can't think of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I don't think so I think that that was like not in mynd. I was too busy watching like weird and like my dad was like a real like cinophile, so like I remember it like like six he rented me like the French Connection and he was like the driving sne You're just like six. Can I watch like one hundred one daminations? Like like he was always like I remember he rented me Flash Dance because he thought the dancing was fantastic and I was so inappropriate.
Speaker 3: I know, inappropriate, but I was obsessed with that mostly just the ending where she goes to audition for the New York ballet or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and they're all like tapping their feet at the end. But I will say about action movies now as an adult, I will go into one, and I'm not so into an action movie. But if there's like one line, like there'll be someone with one line, Yeah, that's funny that. I'm sure, Vanessa, you've done this in action movies. There's no way you haven't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you think my career is not that good.
Speaker 4: I think it is. You're an Emmy nominee, Like what are you talking anyway?
Speaker 1: But you are.
Speaker 4: You're amazing. So but I remember watching this awful movie. I forget what it was called. Oh is that one with like Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts, like you know where he's like a cab driver.
Speaker 2: She's It sounds like the kind of movie I would have seen.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was like an action like Conspiracy Theory that was okay, okay, so it was like action Mel Gibson before we all knew how Ani Semitik you was racist and all that stuff, and Julia Roberts and the movie was horrible. I thought, like, I'm not interested. I'm probably with you know a guy I'm dating or something, and I'm just watching this terrible thing. But then there was this one scene where this security guard he had been in the museum the day before and then he comes back the next day and this guy is one line, okay, one, but he just goes. He looks like you see me, He's like, there used.
Speaker 1: To be things here. I was like, that's that's wrong. I want that role.
Speaker 4: Like it was such a funny, weird line. I should look back, like who is this actor?
Speaker 1: I hope?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so delivered and hard to do.
Speaker 4: Wonderful again, I'm sure he got paid sagment.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I mean if you can come in deliver that. Like we were saying, there are no there are no small roles, right, they're just okay, what's the phrase, there are no small no small roles, just small actors, right right, right, right, Joan. I don't think this is exactly what you were talking about, because I know you, Joni used to watch a lot of in addition to as Farley movies like Steven Segall movies, John Claudeban damn stuff like that now, and so there's a lot of lines like that, and those I recently completed and by recently, I mean last week completed this all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 1: Should I watch that? Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: Shears just swearing.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 3: But she Buffy does a thing like that, like before she's gonna kill a vampire, she'll be like, she'll be like nice shoes not or whatever. That's not that's not that's when I made up. But it's like a lot of stuff like that where he'll be like, I'm going to kill you and she'll be like, I'd rather I kill you.
Speaker 1: Okay, those are really bad examples, and I get what you those are good.
Speaker 2: I can them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Jonah, do you have any favorites or any that you would quote from those movies?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that's all those movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I liked in that movie Stone Cold with Brian Bosworth, which I rewatched recently.
Speaker 4: Who's Brian Bosworth And is he related to Low Bosworth of the Hills, because that's a Bosworth.
Speaker 2: I know. Brian Bosworth was like this like eighties football player for the Seattle Seahawks, but he was this kind of like rocker guy, like he was really into guns and roses. He had this kind of mullet. He did all these remember all those right Guard commercials.
Speaker 4: And now I have to google him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's this seems like your dream person.
Speaker 3: I know we've talked about him a little before, but he was into Combs and Rose.
Speaker 1: It like it sounds like.
Speaker 2: Bosworth, Brian, Brian Bosworth Ryan or the bos You can just look him up as a bos.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well he came up right away.
Speaker 1: I have no who know.
Speaker 2: So he was this big athlete and he was cast in this action movie because I feel there's more of that kind of crossover. Yep, that's him. That's an era, that's a stone Builder era. Okay, okay. And so he plays this cop who's like suspended because he's like he's like breaks all the rules, but he goes undercover to infiltrate the Spiker gang who's selling anyway. It's a long story, but there's this opening scene where he's suspended, but these guys come and rob a grocery store and he basically is just their shopping, but then ends up beating up all the bad guys and then like the police chief comes up to him, he's like, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be suspended and he's just like clean up on Aisle nine.
Speaker 4: That's perfect because that's always my favorite part of Lawn Order. Yeah, when Jerry Orbach rip who I love. I love Jerry Orbach and show has him in the same sense, but like at the beginning, you know, they'd be in the subway station. Some woman was like pushed onto the rails and then he's like, looks like she caught a train.
Speaker 2: You know, Yes, yeah, I had a lot of those kind of yeah felt Not.
Speaker 4: Everyone can deliver them. You have your Jerry or Bach, you have your Iced Tea, but you know I can't like Marisco is.
Speaker 2: Not going to give us that line, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry to dear reil Us, but have you noticed that Iced Tea and Vivica Fox are currently in these commercials for car shield No, okay, in these commercials for car shield, and they're kind of like Law and Order ripoffs where they're like another one gets charged too much money for damage to their car and they're like they should have gotten car shield.
Speaker 6: They're like, Vanessa, I think you need another podcast or you just talk about commercials.
Speaker 4: I think I haven't seen a commercial in fifteen years watches our commercials.
Speaker 2: Because you watch them.
Speaker 1: What channel I watch?
Speaker 3: This is this is the trick to seeing commercials. You have to watch General Hospital.
Speaker 4: My sister still watches it. I used to be so into General Hospitals as a child. When I say that, that was like my childhood show, Like I should not I should have been watching Barney and I was watching.
Speaker 3: You could watch it now and you would It moves so slowly now and you'd be like caught up.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's truly thirty years probably fifty the same cast as when you watched it as a child.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you twice now in LA I have seen two General Hospital members that have blown me like where I was like the childhood me.
Speaker 1: Was literally like oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Screaming, do you remember? And I don't know if he's still on the show. You should tell me Scotty from General.
Speaker 1: Scotti is back. Scotty's back. Oh Scotty's been on for years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my god him in a write aid and I almost lost my mind. Like in the Valley, Okay.
Speaker 3: We had this woman Eden McCoy on the podcast. Who is I think she's like twenty years old and we had her on and she's a newer cast member, but yeah, I ran into her on the street and made like such a scene.
Speaker 4: It like was well I used to write on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the woman who directed one of my episodes, and I saw her on set, what played a little Kimberly McCullough. I want to say she played Robert Scorpio's daughter.
Speaker 2: We're going back.
Speaker 1: Do you mean she played Robin? Yes, that's like, wait, Danielle, that's like General Hospital Royalty.
Speaker 3: I know Vanessa, I know she David Stone who had HIV. Yes, Robin is a huge character. You know, Robin's not on the show anymore. But guess who is her mom?
Speaker 1: Anna Debane.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's on, and guess who she's Guess who's still on too? Robert Scorpio's still.
Speaker 2: Are they a hundred?
Speaker 3: They they look so good. It's incredible how attractive they are. And then you look at them when they were like in their twenties and thirties, and you're like, oh, these are the most attractive people on earth.
Speaker 1: Like they just they're all still on the show. I'm doing.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they're all still on again. I was a child watching them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I am.
Speaker 4: Fully middle aged.
Speaker 3: Lauraarah's back, Laura, look, Laura's on it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's before my time. But they were, of course royalty. Sonny's still there, Sonny, I remember. It's really it's quite quite shocking. That's why I saw another person I saw on the wild at a core power yoga class, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I was walking in, he was walking out. But Jack Wagner, otherwise known as Frisco Frisco Jones.
Speaker 1: My god, he's huge. I feel like he went on.
Speaker 4: To do a lot of others he went on to do, like Melrose Place, like yes, so he is like so royalty, but I knew him from when he was just a rookie cop back in Port Charles Well.
Speaker 1: Also, Jonah, did you know that?
Speaker 3: Who's the musician who was like kind of got his start at Springfield?
Speaker 1: Rick Springfield.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna know all of these.
Speaker 1: And sometimes Rick Springfield comes back for the nurses.
Speaker 4: He played Blackie.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I think was his name, Rick spring I don't remember. I feel like his name was, but he but he was and he was in hot competition with Ned for a lot of love interests and Ned who used to be a musician named Eddie Maine. Anyway the point, and recently he lost his memory and he became Eddie Maine again for like a few months.
Speaker 4: I love that the plots never changed and neither do the players.
Speaker 3: Just we talked about when we talked about General Hospital once on this podcast, Jonah was really shocked to learn about all the supernatural stuff that happens on.
Speaker 4: I think that's before well, there was a gohot.
Speaker 3: There was a weather machine, remember on General Hospital in the early day.
Speaker 2: I'm not remembering that, but I just talked about they talked about so casually. Oh yeah, and then there's this machine it controls the weather and.
Speaker 1: People die and come back.
Speaker 3: To life like like well, dying come back.
Speaker 4: All the time. But it's not explained for me sci fi wise, it's always explained like with like they were in a coma, they were off and like you're just supposed to believe it, Like it's just like it's not literal, like you can't you can't dig too deep right right right right, or it won't make sense. But for me, but there was murder mysteries. I remember there was the Laurelton murders, and that was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's always a there's always a murder going on, there's always a medical and the other thing that. Okay, I'm gonna stop because I could go on about this forever. But the point is if you watched it now, you would see these car shield commercials, and the commercials are really they're they're they're doing always one liners in them. They're treating they're treating people not buying car shield, which I guess is a certain kind of like it's adjacent to car insurance. Okay, people not adjacent because it's not car insurance, right then it's like extra protection. It's like an umbrella policy. I think it's some kind of an umbrella. I honestly don't know exactly what it is, but.
Speaker 2: I do know these commercials do a great job.
Speaker 3: They treat it like not only an SVUKS or law and order case, but also they give those one liners like about people not getting carshield, like they'll be like, well, I guess they well, I guess they won't be driving off in style or whatever. You know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he can nail them, can Vivica lam Those jokes?
Speaker 3: I think Vivica actually does a really good job. I mean it's shocking because you're like, oh my god, Vivica. You know, you're like, oh, so excited to see her, and then she's like with him and they're talking about Carshield and you're like, guess what.
Speaker 1: Good for them? They're probably making a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm happy, happy for them. I'm glad that they nail those auditions. I wouldn't have landed it.
Speaker 1: I bet they're both offer only right, I would hope.
Speaker 4: I remember one time seeing Marla Gibbs at a commercial audition and being very upset, like, why are we not treating her like fucking royalty? Why is she at this Audiit like I wanted to like storm the room and be like, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Either give it to mar victims or this is don't make me come in here.
Speaker 4: That's what I was furious. I was like, this is Marla fucking Gibbs put respect on her goddamn name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, curious.
Speaker 3: Now me, on the other hand, I'm reading for the role of lady who dropped her bag.
Speaker 4: Guess what, That's how I always remember. I will remember it. You're in those roles that people remember.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: Don't be down on yourself because I remember your roles. You're hilarious in train Wreck, yeah, oh my god, and in Barbin Star you're fucking brilliant.
Speaker 1: How did when did this turn into that?
Speaker 4: Danielle's saying, you have those parts, these are the parts that make the movie that book Club. Oh Jesus, it's the funniest movie on the plan.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 4: That's a movie that like Phewey's big adventure for me to bring it back around, yeah, it's like if you like that movie, we can be friends.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, brilliant, funny, odd, perfect and a million quotable lines like just I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Barb, are you talking about Bourbon Star? Yes, you're talking about the movie book Club, And I.
Speaker 4: Was saying the book Club in No, but you're in the book Club in Barns Star.
Speaker 2: I'm so.
Speaker 1: I realized it as you were saying it. For a second, I was like, are you in book Club too?
Speaker 4: I seen it. It's like matchire. I'm saying you're in book Club and you're just like, yeah, I am huh. No, Barbin Star is another kind of movie, like yeah, like so weird, it's so smart, it's so funny, it's so well acted. I love everyone in it. Everyone's at the top of their game. I could watch it over and over again. I could quote it for years. Like I can't wait to show it to Sydney. I feel like she might be lad enough to like get it. She I've showed her like Peewee and all that. I've also showed her like Naked Gun and stuff like, yeah, she's like getting the humor and stuff. But Barbon Star is one of those movies that's on that list of like things I want to show her because it's so fucking funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I was so excited that I got to be part of it. It was it's so there. I feel like a truly silly movie like that, where everyone's just doing like their best work.
Speaker 1: It was, well, why don't you.
Speaker 2: Have that as much anymore?
Speaker 1: I know you're not making silly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like Chris Barley movies. Those movies were so I know, fucking silly, And I do think they do it a little bit like Adam Sandler gets to do it on Netflix, Like yes, like a like something so silly, but that used to be mainstream, like that used to be huge.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like it exists in the same way that it used to.
Speaker 4: Know And those are my like silly, big, silly movies where I care about the I care about the characters, not like I don't care about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: I care deeply about these silly characters. Yeah, don't want anything bad to happen to them. But I feel like, I don't know if it's just like studio notes of like, but why is this doesn't make sense? Or like, you know, it's like it's funny, like isn't that enough anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also probably they feel like there's less because there's so much other stuff now too. You know, it's like there's so many choices, like, uh, it's not a movie, but Michael Love is Blind, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Well, Love is Blind is hilarious. I go on, and some really quotable moments. This I was just I wouldn't give pre prep is one thing that was so funny to me. This girl is having a serious talk with the guy her fiance who she met we could go and when you talked about the woman's body of there that made me feel really uncomfy. The word uncomfy and like such a like you know what I mean, that's really funny. That's like nothing funnier to me, right, classic, So you know, it's just those are the weird, small funny moments that I will always find in a movie, in a show, in the character, Like, those are the things I'm just attracted to immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that catch my eye.
Speaker 4: And I think I did as a kid too, you know, like it was like that's so weird. I love it. Yeah, like that's so strange. I love it, you know what I mean? And I don't know if all kids are into the small weird thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Yeah, definitely. I was the same. Yeah, love it? So are you Jonah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, same, so is I.
Speaker 3: Well we're going to take a quick commercial break, but we'll be right back with Danielle Schnider.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: Hi now, Danielle, are you ready to play a pretty fun game with us?
Speaker 2: Always? But I'm scared too.
Speaker 3: I'm scared, but I'm excited me too. Okay, this game is called Jonah. Do you want to introduce it?
Speaker 1: Because you named it and this is a very Jonah name.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's called Congratulations. You baked yourself Congratulations you Baked yourself. We had another game here called Congratulations You played Yourself, and this is a culinary version. Oh okay, So we found an article, I believe in Southern Living about dishes that are making a comeback in twenty twenty four. We have until they fleshed out the rules of this game, but we're gonna We're gonna talk about three different dishes that they profile that they think are coming back, and then we can each pick the one we're most excited about, which would be the dish that has baked itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, hence the name Congratulations you Baked Yourself?
Speaker 2: Right right? Love it now.
Speaker 1: Some of these might be sort of familiar.
Speaker 4: There is a South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can't wait. I can kick us off the first Daniel. Are you familiar with pineapple castle role?
Speaker 4: Is it like a pineapple upside down cake? Or no?
Speaker 2: It's a cast role. It's uh. This is again Southern Living. If any region has perfected there of castle roll making, it's the South. Yes, there's a castle role for every occasion. While the pineapple castle is a little more obscure. It has canned pineapple chunks, cheddar cheese, and crispy ritz crack or crust, and it says the unique flavors are enough to impress even the choosiest casserole connoisseur. It only has six ingredients, canned pineapple, sugar, flour, cheddar cheese, butter, and those ritz crackers. And it can be a dessert or a side dish. And yeah, it's a casserole made out of those things. What do you think about this, Danielle, You know.
Speaker 4: My instinct was to combine cheese and pineapple sort of made my head spin for a second. Sure, then I remembered my favorite restaurant, the Melting Pot, as my favorite restaurant of all time. Melting Pot does have a section, you know, in the cheese section they'll have you dip like apples into like a gray air. And so now I'm like, oh, okay, I could maybe do this.
Speaker 1: I think I might like it.
Speaker 4: I like the salty in the sweet you get the ritz crackers. Yeah, I'm not mad, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Now, an apple like this has cheddar cheese and an apple and cheddar cheese sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: Pineapple ball.
Speaker 2: Little more tangy.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.
Speaker 4: I think of pineapple pizza. People like pineapple on their pizza. That's such a good point, So I don't think it's At first I was shocked, but then I came around.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, so it's a maybe that's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's so maybe. I was kind of on board till I read the first comment, which just threw me off. It says made this Christmas and it was devoured. Next time we'll use tidbits. May add diced ham goes great with shrimp, by the way, shrimp, shrimp, very by shrimp.
Speaker 1: I don't want to let that person affect your decision. Jonah.
Speaker 2: Now I'm only picturing it with like a side shrimp cocktail, and it's that's rough for me.
Speaker 4: The mini said shrimp, I can't now I'm off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also it's not the only thing on this list that they say can be a side dish or dessert. And that's such a weird thing to say about any kind of Yeah, you can say.
Speaker 2: That about really any food.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I think of a side dishes like accoly y.
Speaker 1: Being a little more savory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, cheese and the shrimp make it safe. I think it's I like pineapple, like I like pineapple and pizza, like you know, that kind of pineapple cheese combo. I don't know. I think it could be okay. I think I would try like two bites and probably be like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, it does.
Speaker 4: It doesn't feel like Christmas without shrimp and pineapple cheese.
Speaker 2: Vanessa, what do you think about this one?
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, here's what I want to say.
Speaker 3: If you let's pretend you didn't have pineapple in it, it would just be sugar flour cheddar cheese, butter and ritz crackers.
Speaker 1: And honestly, that.
Speaker 4: Sounds sounds I could get that right now.
Speaker 1: That's that's I'm gonna go make it in my kitchen.
Speaker 4: App that's dinner anyway.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like taking like a sort of a sweet biscuit and putting pineapple in it. I'm not totally opposed to this now, Okay, when you start talking about putting it was shrimp.
Speaker 2: That's where we all jump of.
Speaker 3: That's where I start to kind of turn away. But sure, I think in its in its purest form of just the main six ingredients, I think I'm I think, I'm I'm interested. I want to hear what the other dishes are before I decide which one to say itself, but.
Speaker 2: I want to read what just really quick? One more review from the top. This one has three stars and says I can't rate this recipe yet. I'd love to try it, but I'm lactose intolerant. Can it be made without the cheese and still be a big hit?
Speaker 4: People really tell their life story in the comments. I wild I get the New York Times cooking app because sometimes.
Speaker 3: I'll pay for it, Joan and I'm gonna steal yours.
Speaker 4: I get it's what I'll buy that in games everything else, No fucking I won't pay for games.
Speaker 1: I won't pay for recipes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm giving them twenty bucks a month just to have a subscription.
Speaker 1: I don't want.
Speaker 4: I don't need the subscription. I get games. I can recipe, but it's a different way to go. That's smart, Like, what do I really need? I get the headlines. I get that, you know right here in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: But people really tell their life story. I mean I have found out I have really found out some things about people in the common section of the New York Times recipes.
Speaker 2: I feel while every conversation is like I substituted this, and then like someone else being like, none of you. You didn't make the recipe, you made it totally different recipe, and now you're complaining about the recipe.
Speaker 3: Get it made people get really mad and people I find I've on Instagram, I get a lot of recipes and I've said the son here before. I get very targeted for cottage cheese recipes because I I like cottage cheese a lot too.
Speaker 1: I love I love it. I love it. Yeah, I love it in eggs. I started putting in my eggs.
Speaker 3: But it's like I now get sent every cottae cheese recipe and people will be like people will be like, give us the recipe, and it's like it's in the it's it's in the description. People just don't know how to like that's the right thing.
Speaker 2: I go to a lot of free websites for recipes, and I am always surprised how complaining people can be for something.
Speaker 4: The worst it's like it's free, Yeah, I don't I made this and I hated it.
Speaker 2: That was terrible. It's like okay, well you look on the internet for four seconds like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Why do you need to tell me that? Yeah, Like I hate this and what you gave me for free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't totally totally people get mad, But.
Speaker 2: Do you want to get into this next dish?
Speaker 3: I'd like to get into this next dish that I wonder if what people's comments are in this. This is called tomato aspect. Not sure if you're familiar. Oh, I know aspect you know? Okay, So once upon a time, tomato aspects were the brilliant The person who writes this gets a little where the brilliant red center pieces of luncheon buffets. They were peppered with pimento stuffed olives or crisp bits of celery, chilled and ring shaped molds turned out on to lettuce line trays, and filled with the whole signature blend of chicken or shrimp salad. Okay, so an aspec it seems like it's sort of a tomato now, Danielle. It sounds like, you know, better than we do, a sort of a tomato gelatin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, aspic is a very when I think of the aspect I even think of like before, it's yes, it's southern, but it's also like something like oh mummy, like in like little women, you know what I mean? Like yeah, so like old fashion before we knew like there's better food out there.
Speaker 1: Like so it's just like, oh, mummy, is.
Speaker 4: The aspect ready for Christmas? Like it's so old fashioned and weird and like gelatine but like yeah, it's almost like a savory gelatin. It's so gross. It's like, yeah, if you see it, it's gross. It's gelatin.
Speaker 1: It's gelatin that has.
Speaker 4: Like tomentose in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on per.
Speaker 3: Onion, Worcester sauce, celery seeds.
Speaker 4: Like I could see my dad being like this is good, Like my dad will just sit in front of the TV and like scoop like a felta fish out of a jew.
Speaker 1: I know, I think our dad would actually like this, if I'm being.
Speaker 4: So, I feel like my dad would be into it. But to me, it feels like a delicacy like in the eighteen hundreds when they were like, yeah, you know, food preservation wasn't where it is now, And like.
Speaker 1: What I don't think I would love is aspect.
Speaker 4: I say no to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah don't know. Yeah what about you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I like, you know, I can deal with jello molds. You know our grammar.
Speaker 1: You're a big jello person.
Speaker 4: Jelly I like jello. I'm a jello girl.
Speaker 1: Am I doing too?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Both of our grandmothers, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like ate a piece of jello once and then for like the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: You're a jello guy.
Speaker 2: We're like Jonah loves jello like it's so it's so cute. But also our grandma Marge. Once I asked for like a glass of orange juice, and then every time I went over there for the next like thirty years, you would be like, Jonah got orange juice. I know you have orange juice.
Speaker 4: My dad would do that for me. I would be like I would want this cereal at the market. I would be like I would love some cheerios, and then every week he just get me cheerios and it was just like, like too much, and I was like, Dad, I want a different cereal this week. So then he'd come home with like rice Krispies and cheerios. It's just never and I was like, I can't say anything I like around you, or like if my daughter likes something, then my dad's just like constant and it's like dad and then he's always like hawd she like it?
Speaker 2: Did she like it? Did she want that?
Speaker 4: Did she like it again and it's like, this is too much pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot, It's a lot, but yeah, big misconception that I love jello, but I do like it.
Speaker 4: I've heard from everybody that you are a jello But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jonah, do you want to read this last?
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll get into your last, the last one. This is chicken spaghetti castrole.
Speaker 4: I'm already a part of this, and yes, it's already a thumbs up.
Speaker 2: It's a discomforting castro can transport you back to the days when Mama was cooking in the kitchen. Stick to your bones castroles or a Southern cook cooking staple. And this chicken spaghetti castrole is no exception. Featuring melty cheese, creamy soup, and hardy chicken pasta. It's a perfect meal to serve to a hungry crowd. Soup, yeah, basically beating soup featuring soup. It says you got chicken spaghetti, onion, bell pepper, celery dice, tomatoes, creama mushroom soup. This is what gives it. It's creamy, decad in texture, shredded cheese and some seasonings amazingly conserved as a side dish. Or as an entrail.
Speaker 1: This is not a side dish.
Speaker 4: This has every dish in it.
Speaker 2: I guess this is a one dish dinner. Or you can add other stuff. Okay, but okay, fair enough. I don't want to misrepresent something living. But then there's instructions on how to freeze it. So, Daniel, what do you think about this spaghetti chicken spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Gi Yes, I would say number one, Yes, give it to me.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Is it diarrhea du joor like? Is it just like everything in it? Bell peppers, cheese, onions, creama mushroom soup? Is it just a recipe for Yes? These are all truths, but worth it going down like this is the richest thing. You aren't going to be able to eat for three weeks after you've had two bites. But man, are you going to be excited to eat it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean well, it says undershredded cheese. It says we like to use cheddar, but you could also use a combination of cheddar in velveta vel or monterey Jack for more heat. I'm going, uh, I'm going I don't know what. I don't know what this joke is that I was going to say, But it's along the same lines of what you were saying, Daniel, I'm saying. I'm saying, don't tell my toilet. You know, I'm making this something. It just feels intense.
Speaker 4: It's it's a lot coming at.
Speaker 1: You feel and.
Speaker 3: I don't totally it calls for a whole chicken, and then it just feels like a lot to me. I'm not not interested in it. I just it feels almost as if you took every every dish from a plate and turned it into one casserole.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called the kitchen sink. Like it's just like like it's everything in your fridge. If you have a whole chicken in there, I'm just dump it in. But I'm not mad. I'm not mad at it either. It's just a lot, Jonah, where do you fall.
Speaker 2: There's some controversy in the top it in the comments on this one. Oh boy, here's the one. I think some people were maybe criticizing the calorie count of this because it says you need toak about them in spite of all the picky trying to stay skinny. Karen's commenting on how much a cup of cheese should be. This recipe is divine made it for the first time and it flew off the table. Will adjust a recipe to make more next time so I can freeze the leftovers.
Speaker 4: Sad is fighting words fighting.
Speaker 1: Words in the comments.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Jonah?
Speaker 2: Though, I guess they're mad because someone's saying one cup of cheese is not four ounces, Like people are debating how much cheese is in an ounce.
Speaker 4: What does that have to do with calories? That's just like measurements.
Speaker 3: Right, And also why are we It feels like the calorie count of this should be irrelevant because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're if this is your dish, this is your cheese, this is your cheese three weeks, yeah, you can't eat again. This has every calorie ever in it, and you just have to be okay with that.
Speaker 2: I think it sounds the best to me too. I think I would probably try this, especially if you, like I was really hungry and there's nothing else around, okay, And.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're a diet lover, you'd go for the ritz.
Speaker 2: Crackers, right right right?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, so let's officially get everyone's take between pineapple casserole, Tomato Aspect, and chicken spaghetti Castrole Danielle, which would you choose.
Speaker 4: I definitely choose chicken spaghetti castrole, and I think I would pay for it, but I'm willing to pay a lot heavy.
Speaker 6: Okay, know what about you? You're saying the same. I'm gonna have chicken spaetti casserole as well. I think, yeah, it sounds doesn't sound bad. And I like all those three things. Why can't they be together? Yeah, exactly, Vanessa? What about you?
Speaker 1: I'm going with pineapple casserole.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I love cheddar cheese. I love ritz crack, cheddar or velvet. And that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: You can use you can use all these things.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: You could put the pineapple castle into the chicken spaghetti castle and you wouldn't like, you wouldn't even notice.
Speaker 3: In my mind, the pineapple casserole. And I could be misguided here. It's almost like a casserole. That's but the flavor of each piece is sort of like a savory scone, which I love.
Speaker 1: I love scones.
Speaker 2: So it's the last time you had a ritz cracker, Vanessa?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I mean, I really like them. Whenever I don't there, I'm not going to bring it up. I brought it up on here before everyone next like I'm insane. I also, in chemistry class for extra credit, brought in a ritz Cracker apple pie. Blank stares from both of you, you know, on the back of a ritz cracker box.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they still do this. They show your recipe where you use.
Speaker 3: It's a chemistry experiment where you use certain you add certain things, and there's like a chemical reaction that makes this pie smell, look and taste like apple pie, even though there's no apple in it. It's basically just ritz crackers with a few other chemicals and like ingredients in it, but no apple. Everyone, whenever I tell this story, everyone thinks I'm insane.
Speaker 1: And then I made it up like I had to dream about it, and I'm just repeating it now.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna look at I gotta google, but you.
Speaker 1: Have to look it up.
Speaker 3: It's a real thing. And ritz crackers in that way are incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow, who knew? Now? It all makes it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think I have a little bit of a ritz mock apple pie. Wow, yeah, ritz mock apple pie. Everyone can look at it.
Speaker 4: You'll wake up feeling better the next morning than Jonah and I will I will say, like, we're gonna be in bed with like a.
Speaker 1: Well not if I add shrimp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you do add shrimp, you're in for trouble. You can add shrimp though. I like that you can that it's an option that they want everybody to know.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you can probably add you can dream shrimp to a chicken spaghetti cast role too, because it looks like you can throw anything in there.
Speaker 4: You could throw it's really you could throw anything. They're like rack a lamb into.
Speaker 3: The that that cream of mushroom soup kind of turns it all into one flavor.
Speaker 4: But it's like you can and it's like and and a whole and a whole soup.
Speaker 1: What soup?
Speaker 2: This this ritz apple pot mock apple pie. The comments are so funny. People are like, where are the apples and they're like, there aren't any. That's why it's called mock. People can't figure.
Speaker 4: People are gonna be so angry people.
Speaker 3: But also I highly recommend you both try making one because I'm.
Speaker 4: Experiment with with my daughter Sidney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great science experience and experiment and I feel like I remember our dad saying it's the best apple pies ever.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna have to get confirmation on that. I don't know. We find that very hard to police.
Speaker 4: Well, your dad, the man who you think enjoys aspic, Yeah, he definitely liked that.
Speaker 2: Oh, my dad would definitely be an aspic.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like Chicken Spaghetti castrole baked itself, so that's very fun. Congratulations, congratulations to Chicken Spaghetti castrole. Now, Danielle, where can people find you? This is we're finishing up here and had such a nice time with you. But where can people find your work? I know one place where I find your work. Twice a week i'd.
Speaker 4: Say, well, I have a podcast called Bitch Sash. But we also have like a bunch of podcasts in a whole kind of world now called Casey and Danielle's Garbage World dot com. And you can go there. It's a great place to find all your sort of like trash TV needs. Plus we discuss some other sort of had your topics. But it's a lot of garbage television that we are proud to be able to bring everybody every week. Yes, you just go to Casey and Danielle's Garbage World and we talk you know the Real Housewives, a lot of Bravo shows. Now we're talking Love is Blind, just a lot of your favorite garbage TV. We talk about it with our very funny friends, Vanessa being one of our favorite guests that comes on.
Speaker 3: Well let me just say too. Bitch Says Truly is one of my favorite podcasts. It's probably the only podcast that I like, never miss an episode. It is so funny you and Casey talk about Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: You have the best takes on it.
Speaker 3: And then I love your I'm a I'm I subscribe, I'm aie bougie bitch, and so I.
Speaker 4: Also she would just let us give you a memory that's not making you pay.
Speaker 1: I also the Garbage World podcast.
Speaker 3: You had one that was about boundaries that I've sent to several of my friends and they've signed up for it. That was so you always have like it's a great mix of like, very funny things that make me laugh and also things that are truly I think, like life enhancing topics that you guys cover.
Speaker 4: We try and go high and low if we can, Yes, yes, yes, and low. Thank you so much for having me and for listening to the podcast. And this is so fun and funny, and I loved to talk about this stuff always. And I'm going to go and make a chicken spaghetti, rack of rib, a whole can of soup.
Speaker 1: That's right for my daughter, that's right.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for being here, Thank you to everyone for listening. If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to the podcast and keep an eye out for next week's episode of How Did We Get Weird? We will discuss more stories from our childhood and cultural touchstones like Pee Wee's Big Adventure, auditioning, being our best selves.
Speaker 4: And never giving up and because you have never given up to live for because you've already never give up, because you're a failure.
Speaker 1: Give it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't worry about rejection because you've already in your decade.
Speaker 6: So very reason