Speaker 1: Clubs, Breakfast club, very very very very good.
Speaker 2: You have to change in the entire scene and culture.
Speaker 1: Wall y'all, it came along.
Speaker 3: Wait, they might not watch the news, but you know they're listening to the club.
Speaker 1: Just DJ Envy, just hilarious.
Speaker 2: And Charlamagne the God y'all all like a menger for Brest the club.
Speaker 4: That's how we got out the.
Speaker 5: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo just.
Speaker 6: Hilarious, Good morning, Charlomagne to God, Peace to the planet.
Speaker 7: Is Monday, Yes, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: Back to the work.
Speaker 5: We good Mond, Good morning, Happy Monday. How y'all feel another day to serve?
Speaker 2: Man? What's happening? What I jess?
Speaker 1: How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: It was perfect?
Speaker 7: Good income, So don't execute to come. He was right around the corner in upp a couple of blocks.
Speaker 6: I was there Friday and then Saturday I had to jip back. My daughter had a dance competition.
Speaker 7: Well, people got a lot of kids. They can blame everything on them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 7: I ain't never know, No, you ain't ever say nothing about your don't have.
Speaker 2: A dance I'm dead. I said she had a dance competition.
Speaker 9: He was like, I know where I'm gonna be sad today. And then he was like, I'm gonna want stop past too, No, and he knew he was lying, and.
Speaker 2: He knew was lying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, don't don't willingly lie to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I volunteered the lie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and there going try to send me a specially boy whatever.
Speaker 5: But the party was fun, it was amazing.
Speaker 9: I was only there for like ninety minutes, though, to be honest with you, I was just like.
Speaker 5: Ah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 7: I can't party until him, like until I dropped this baby, because.
Speaker 2: Because you want to drink, you want to right.
Speaker 7: I can't do none of that.
Speaker 9: And then like I never really paid attention to to how repetitive the music is. Like I love boozy to death. I don't want to hear a bunch of boosy too red. I'm like, oh my gosh, can we hear some like some sister? Everybody look everybody drunk. I'm like, yo, when you're not drunk, you pay attention to how everybody can be so much cooler, how stupid he looks drunk and I be looking at them just like that. But at least I be drunk, so yeah, you be with them. Yeah, big dumb, but it was. I was just big sober.
Speaker 7: But shout out to all my fans.
Speaker 9: They came with people that came from New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Alabama. It was all types of people in there, and I just I had fun. People bought me gifts and everything. So I did end up having the best gift you got.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: You really wanted what you're saying, Yeah, you're appreciative of it.
Speaker 5: I'm so appreciative.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Somebody gave me a three xwater and I was like, this is a joke.
Speaker 2: Because when you get, you're gonna get.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were thinking about thinking about you in seven eight months, even.
Speaker 7: In my third trimester. It's not gonna give you three X nah.
Speaker 9: So I'm gonna give it to my grandmother, but it's not gonna go to was because it's a nice She don't.
Speaker 5: About to go with it.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was going say three exits big backside, but I mean, Jesus Christ, but dang, I then to do what our coming Monday alright every Monday, right this guy?
Speaker 2: All right, well, doctor Tania Matthews will be joining Justice.
Speaker 5: Salute to the CEO and President of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina, Doctor Tanya Matthews. She will be here to talk to us about everything that's going on with the International African American Museum. Plus is Women's History Month, so why not have a powerful women voices up here like doctor Tania Matthews docte as we call them.
Speaker 6: That's right, all right, Well, let's get the show cracker when we come back. We got front page news. Senisland figure will be joining us. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, all.
Speaker 6: Right, morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Jess Larry Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Start off with sports. We got to congratulate Lebron James. He is the first player in NBA history to score forty thousand career points.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to him. Bomb for him.
Speaker 5: I wonder do we appreciate when we actually see history happen.
Speaker 2: In real time? I don't think so. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, we got to congratulate Caitlyn Clark that's right, she's surpassed pistol peak for the NCAA scoring record. She hit her three thousand, six hundred and eighty fifth point from the free throw line, So congratulations to her. And she announced that she's going straight to She going to the WNBA. She's not going to take her fifth year. She's going to the four. Dropping the clues bomb for Chopper Calyn. If we got a pistol Pete, then she's chop of Caitlyn.
Speaker 2: That's right. That girl can play. She can, hear me, be very exciting to watch she can. All right, Good morning to it's not a game cock.
Speaker 11: Good morning dj MV.
Speaker 2: Just Larry charlemagnea gott Let's jump right into Texas. What's going on in Texas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's do a quick update on that deadly Texas wildfire is now the largest of state history.
Speaker 11: Take a listen.
Speaker 12: One person is dead. It's dozens of wildfires ravaged more than a million acres across northern Texas. The single largest blaze the Smokehouse Creek Fire. It is now officially the biggest fire in Texas state history. Emergency response teams have only contained three percent of that fire in florno As it continues to flatten entire towns.
Speaker 9: I want to get yeah, I want to put this in perspective for you guys. This wildfire is now five times the size of New York City. Wow, it is larger than the entire state of Rhode Island. And again it is only contained about fifteen percent now. Governor grab Abbott said that the cause of the fire remains under investigation and the Texas Department of Emergency Management will continue to assess the damage now. So far, one utility company based in Minnesota said that it may be because one of their utility polls may have started the fire, but.
Speaker 11: That has not been confirmed and it's still undevelopment. So huge, huge wildfire.
Speaker 9: There is even going into Oklahoma, so continue to look at that. And of course they're talking about climate change having a lot to do with this because of the high temperatures that's keeping this fire going.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, praying for everybody out there affected by this. Now you want to jump into Niki.
Speaker 9: Helly, absolutely, Yeah, let's cover that. Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley won her first Republican presidential nominating contest on Sunday in Washington, DC. And this makes her the first woman to win a Republican primary in the United States history. She took sixty three percent of the GPO vote to thirty three percent to Trump. That's just over about two thousand DC Republicans. Want you to hear a little bit about who those people wear the cast that ballot.
Speaker 11: Take a listen.
Speaker 13: This was seen as Nicki Haley's best chance to pick up a win against former President Trump. It's an urban area with a relatively high number of college educated voters, which has been one of Nicki Haley's strongest and most consistent demographics so far. Now, back in twenty twenty and Trump did win the DC primary in an uncontested race, but in twenty sixteen, he came in a distant third to Senator Mark Rubio. Now, Haley's team hopes tonight's win is a momentum builder heading into Super Tuesday this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that demo was why I think Nicki Haley would do better against Biden in a general election.
Speaker 2: And in fact that you know, people want something different so.
Speaker 5: Bad, like people really are dreading a Biden Trump rematch, something so different that you know, I feel like she could pick up votes from both sides. But you know, Trump is still all guaranteed to clinch the Republican presidential nomination for twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty for sure.
Speaker 9: Andrewson, you said that though Charleumagne, let's take a listen to what she had to say, pretty much echo on what you just said.
Speaker 11: Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out why I'm not getting out of this race?
Speaker 8: Why does she keep fighting?
Speaker 5: What's she doing well? First of all, when.
Speaker 2: Seventy percent of Americans say they don't want.
Speaker 14: Donald Trump or Joe Biden, Yes, I'm gonna keep on fighting. All he's doing is talking about himself and.
Speaker 2: What he doesn't get.
Speaker 14: This isn't about him, This is about the American people.
Speaker 4: Did he win the early states, I'll give him that he did, But did you notice he.
Speaker 1: Did not get thirty to forty percent in.
Speaker 5: Any of those states. That's not a small number.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of us.
Speaker 14: And I will tell you this, if you don't think you need that thirty or forty percent of us, you are showing exactly why you're gonna lose a general election.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's right.
Speaker 5: I mean, up until him speaking about the border recently, I haven't heard him discuss any policy issues or not. I just don't know why we continue to act like somebody running with ninety one criminal charges for indictments and two impeachments is normal.
Speaker 2: But this is America. Now.
Speaker 9: You know what's interesting, Charlemagne, I'm sorry, DIDJ. You know what's also interesting? I wanted to say those DC Republicans, you know, those are people who are inside the bubble, if you will, and they're behind the scenes, they're voting for Haley, but on the front end still supporting Trump's I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Vy, I was going to ask you.
Speaker 6: I see that the Supreme Court is the Supreme Courts was going to give a word on whether Trump will be on some of these ballots or not that happens.
Speaker 11: That absolutely, We're going to find that out today.
Speaker 9: So we'll be following that closer to the side if he will get immunity due to his participation in the January sixth insurrection. So yep, Election Inference will be looking at that today and bring that story back tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you, Tams. What were we talking about? Next hour?
Speaker 11: And next hour?
Speaker 9: We had a Friday that were closing arguments in the Georgia DA Fannie willis hearing I'm gonna break all that down. Who said what? So make sure you tap in at seven o'clock to check that out.
Speaker 6: All right, get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines of wide open. Let me know how your weekend was. What you did if you went down to see double see double A this weekend, whatever it was. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's away.
Speaker 2: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait up, whether you're mad or.
Speaker 5: Bless, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 15: Oh there's a tree from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Lard from Brooklyn?
Speaker 15: Right, yeah, yeah, you know, you know what I came here to talk about. I came here to talk about Mickey Willy. You see, she won DC.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: I feel like y'all up there talking like y'all just ready for her to get out the way y'all want y'all talk.
Speaker 2: Just say though, shut up y'all.
Speaker 15: Y'all y'all talk, y'all talk like y'all talk like y'all. Let's let's real quick, because y'all talk the way the way y'all talk to. Y'all barely talk about Nicki Haley. Y'all talk about Donald Trump way more than Nikki hit Nicky Haley.
Speaker 2: We need to get Nikki Heley.
Speaker 5: N Haley has been against been at you're talking about, and I've said, yo, I.
Speaker 15: Can I can bet you five thousand dollars right.
Speaker 2: Now, you man, I have I have.
Speaker 5: I have said verbatim, I think the GOP should get out of the way and make room for Nicki Haley because Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Comes into the back.
Speaker 5: I just said ten minutes ago, three minutes ago, ten minutes ago, I said this is why I think.
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, but real quick, okay, I even stay it. I didn't stand what you're trying to say. But can I just say that I can betch you five thousand hours right now because I listened to the Vist Club every day. I can bet you five thousand dollars that you have mentioned the name Donald Trump more than Nicky Haley and Joe Biden put together.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I could.
Speaker 15: I can bet I'll get bat money on it. But that's that's that, that's why he's going to be president. You guys to give it him mad class.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, actually I don't think he would do well.
Speaker 15: You guys know you guys, you got you guys know how not not how to not how to say and his old name, actually know how to not to say Tommy Layn's dame. Why you got to say Donald Trump's name every every morning?
Speaker 2: Me Lauren's voices in the Donkey Today intro in candae on.
Speaker 15: But you don't met your name. You don't meet your name.
Speaker 5: And it's gonna be a guest on Breakfast Club soon too. By the way, I want you to know that's okay. She's still feeling black.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hello, who's is talking to this guy? Why am I talking to people?
Speaker 10: I don't know?
Speaker 2: You want to talk with him? I just let it go. Just listen to car from three or two, some brother, get off your chest?
Speaker 10: How you doing DJ and be.
Speaker 16: That's hilarious and show me and God how you're doing good. I just want to say, today is my birthday. I want to give myself a shout out forty seven years old.
Speaker 2: All right, where you where you calling from again?
Speaker 10: Delaware?
Speaker 2: Okay, big age of forty seven. You've been going to your doctor's appointments?
Speaker 16: Brother, Yes, yes, I've lost seventy five pounds in September.
Speaker 2: Big man. Let me go unbig in your b I love it.
Speaker 16: Web for three eighty five to three eleven.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, keep it going. W heart doctor yet.
Speaker 16: Yes, I've been a heart doctor about corns a p a couple of months.
Speaker 2: So all right, good, that's all I like to see.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it right. You'll you'll load laid on some of those things. But I'm so glad that you're doing it. He's doing You're right.
Speaker 16: I'm the guys good and you'll have a blessed that's right to stay check too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that's coming up too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm talking about. I like to hear about people. Unbigger they back. It's bringing summer right around the corner. Dammit, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest eight hundred five five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this Okay, it's Kevin from Ohio.
Speaker 2: It's from Ohio.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm falling against on man. I just wanted to I just wanted to say. You know, as I'm watching the news and I'm listening to the Virtual Club every morning, I noticed like they are they're trying to turn the people against migrants.
Speaker 4: Get I get, you know, the border.
Speaker 18: Is open and everything.
Speaker 15: We need to do things too for the border.
Speaker 18: But I feel like now they're turning, they're turning us against each other. You know, I'm dating up, I'm dating someone from another country, and to be honest, you know, he came here legally. You know, he got his PhD here legally and doing everything right. But now I feel like it's a target on his back for you know, he watched the news and we feel a certain way towards our house watching the news, listening to the Virtual Club. You know, sometimes how we speak on migrants, the ones that came here legally. It's nothing against the ones illegally, but it's just something about the news. I feel like every everything is turning against us, like Americans against migrants.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't I get what you're saying, but I don't think that folks are attempting to turn people against migrants. I believe that what a lot of Americans are saying, especially in places like New York and Chicago, is that they feel like a lot of resources are going to migrants while they hear in America are suffering and have been suffering. Like if you see people coming from another country and they're automatically getting sheltered and you know you're getting food, you're going to feel a way about that if you hear in this country struggling.
Speaker 15: Bro right, And I felt that way as well.
Speaker 18: But I do want people to know that, you know, when migrants you come over here and they get work permits and everything, they're not working for free, Like they're paying taxes as we paying taxtics, you know, like my paychech Federan taxes, state taxtics come out. Migrants when they get these work cards, they're paying taxes as well, so they're actually putting it in the pot. But our hundred percent fel I feel you when when I feel I just feel like some migrants getting.
Speaker 15: To the front of the line.
Speaker 18: Like my partner, he's been waiting for his green card for some years and he getting push to the back of the line because the migrants coming over. They putting them all the ways because the front. But I feel like, you know, when people talk about immigration, they just think it's the border and people are just jumping over the border. But immigration is a broad thing with people that actually came over here legally, they're waiting for over ten to fifteen years for a green card.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, true.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, most people I know, they're not anti migrant as much as they are anti being four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And the only other, only only other critique I hear from folks that I know about the migrant issue is when you know, they feel like in some places they're causing a lot of crime, right, you know, but in particular the gangs that come over. But I mean, that's what everybody's trying to do, right, They're trying to have better border security because they want to know who's coming in, right. You know, sometimes those bad apples do come in and spoil the whole bunch for everybody that's just trying to come over here to get a better life.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need event, you can hit us up now, Jess, we got the mess coming up.
Speaker 9: Yes, Resa Tisa is upset at Charlemagne but couldn't say his name on Sammer Hall Show.
Speaker 2: While she mad, I don't know.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get into all that.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to it. Exits the breakfast slogan boarding.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's j n V Jess to God, we are the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Come put this mic down so I can see my sister when she talking. Okay, all right, let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 1: Robber is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: The bat club sty Huh.
Speaker 9: Resa Tisa from Who Did I Get Married? That's the lady from the TikTok series that she created. She will be on Tarman Hall Show today now over the weekend. It was a clip of the upcoming interview that was released. She spoke on being body shamed by a famous personality who sits right across from me.
Speaker 2: He's looking at me right now. Please play the audio.
Speaker 5: What negative car comments have hurt the most?
Speaker 3: I guess there was a person a very famous personality that called me a big bag talking about my weight. And so it's things like that that I'm like, Jesus, you know, I can already admit I'm self conscious, you know, as a as a heavier woman, I feel like how I look should not dictate whether or not I deserve That was that was disappointing, and it was and it was hurtful, especially the one that was the more famous personality, because again, I'm.
Speaker 2: More than just my weight.
Speaker 9: How y'all figure out me, because you're the only famous one that was like, that is not true behavior.
Speaker 2: Listen a side.
Speaker 5: I tell y'all all the time, the easiest way to keep your own piece is to not disturb the piece of others. I disturbed that woman's piece, and that wasn't my intention. So I apologize if my words made her feel that way. But I do have two things to say. Number One, I never said she don't deserve love because of her so I didn't even know she was big. She just told the story and I said, it sounds like big back behavior. And then I started talking about big back belief. Now, if y'all want to have a conversation about reinforcing negative stereotypes of big backs. I understand, I'm open to it, but acting like I was having a conversation about reesa teach's looks and size, that's not accurate.
Speaker 2: I was speaking in general.
Speaker 5: Terms about big back behavior and big back belief, and I actually said, nobody has to be that desperate because there is a man out there for you.
Speaker 2: And I do have one final point, just one.
Speaker 5: We all have social media, no, we all have social media, absolutely, and we all use it for different reasons. And Reese is getting a lot of props for being so vulnerable. Salute to her. But I personally feel like we have to stop bringing this stuff to social media if you don't want people to have an opinion about it, Absolutely, because some of this stuff should just be reserved for our therapists. If we can't handle people having an opinion about whatever we are venting about, keeping off social media.
Speaker 2: That's my personal That's a good point.
Speaker 6: When you put it out there in the world, the world's gonna come back many different ways. Some people are gonna be supportive, some people gonna be joking, some people are gonna be negative, and some people are gonna be big bags.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and she said that she was already insecure about her weight. So then that why would you come to such a big, big, big platform thinking that you know you're gonna be off limits from comments like because it's people who was actually.
Speaker 5: Going in absolutely on her. Absolutely you you didn't call her.
Speaker 2: A big back.
Speaker 5: No, I was just speaking towards big behavior and believe. And that's why even when you referenced Sheila, you referenced Sheila from Why Did I Get Married? Fantastic movie, because even that movie reinforced those SAMEEO. Absolutely yes.
Speaker 9: But and we also seen where Sheila ate small under back and then he that that man came around you know what wanted, and then the skinny girl which she was, she was spending up the money and all that. So it just all of that to say, like you said, just get therapy for it, especially especially if it is an insecurity of.
Speaker 5: Yours, I don't. I just don't think those are things that should be on social media because everybody's not going to agree with you. There's going to be people that have negative things to say. So I just feel like some of the stuff should be reserved for our therapists. If we can't handle people having an opinion about whatever we are inventing about, because you're not always gonna hear.
Speaker 2: What you want to hear.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then to say, especially the more famous personality, when anybody say.
Speaker 2: I get it what I respect? I understand that though.
Speaker 5: And once again, if I disturbed her piece, I apologize for disturbing her piece.
Speaker 2: But that was not my intention. But that's very big of you to apologize. And I love you for that, Bro, I love you too. But before we move on, when do we get to a point where jokes or jokes? Right?
Speaker 6: Because as a kid, as an adult, people make jokes. Joking though never mind, I was talking about big belief in big back behavior.
Speaker 17: Yea.
Speaker 2: But when you mentioned big backs, is it a joke or no, it's serious, it's a destructor.
Speaker 5: We're black. We describe things. That's how we describe people. The Baisee brother with the Beijing who's that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm crying, you know what I mean because that hurt me. The big person that I'm just saying, we're described. Where do we use the scriptors?
Speaker 5: And we even have no mine?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 9: So video surfaces of Usher speaking on living with Diddy at thirteen. Now you may recall a man named Laura that I reported on. He's suing Diddy for publishing rights. But in his case, he bought up the fact that did he told him that he had had sex with Usher. I don't understand what this has to do with his suitcase, like with him.
Speaker 18: You can.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, Yeah, that that makes perfect.
Speaker 9: But since that unconfirmed news that started circulating, an old video of Usher had resurfaced and he had sat down with I wastern and that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: I lived with Sean Puffy Combs for a year. That was how a read's idea.
Speaker 2: Right, we're sending you over to something called puffy flavored camp he got he in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Do you understand what that's like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were thirteen?
Speaker 9: What We went there to see the lifestyle, right, and I saw it and it was it was but I don't know if I could indulge and understand what I was even looking at.
Speaker 19: It was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty wild. So nobody tried to you know, some woman didn't come.
Speaker 2: Along, say, Biggie Smalls was there?
Speaker 1: Smalls?
Speaker 5: Was there?
Speaker 1: Little Kim Craig mac Junior, Mary J.
Speaker 5: Blosh. They ain't know nothing about.
Speaker 1: This you're a dad.
Speaker 2: Now, would you ever send your kid to Puffy Camp? Hell?
Speaker 5: No, digital detectives aren't made crazy. I'll be crazy now that.
Speaker 9: I think it was interesting that he said La Reid suggested for him to go lift it just so he can, you know, get used to the lifestyle and everything like that.
Speaker 5: But my thing is you're thirteen.
Speaker 9: The lady even asked him your parents were okay with that, and he said, the ain't no none of this. Why the hell would you even be living at thirteen with this other man?
Speaker 5: Because he had a record deal and Puffy was the first for I think Puffy for he was his first album, his first album.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I'm never gonna go live with Wendy Williams because I want to explore more about radio, like what is happening?
Speaker 2: Like it Charlotte did. But he wasn't a kid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you know what happened.
Speaker 6: He probably signed to La Read. They probably looked at La Red as somebody that they can trust. Off la Reid suggested go stay with Puffy to record this album, and I'm sure his parents were working. Probably couldn't go back and forth. They probably thought it was okay and did not know what was going on in the house, and.
Speaker 7: Apparently Usher was uncomfortable with some things because it was just like no.
Speaker 9: But he said a lot of other people were there, but just him being thirteen and being in the midst of all of this.
Speaker 5: It's just like h He probably just felt like he just knew he was older. Yeah, looking back on it, he was too young to probably be around some of the stuff that.
Speaker 9: He had because they were all grown. All the people we named BIGGI small's on them, they were all grown.
Speaker 5: But we all can say that at some point, right you twelve thirteen, you see your dad, your uncles, Yeah, got you around. Stuffy, ain't got no business around you know what I mean? Let you get a little simp with a beer.
Speaker 9: When did he He did somebody interview and they was live, and he was like, I remember me and this boy man. He was like ten and I was a little bit older, and we used to wake up and wrestle over the frosted flat.
Speaker 2: That never happened. I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: They don't believe it, did he said it?
Speaker 9: Believe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got all your playing my.
Speaker 20: Brother right here.
Speaker 17: From day one.
Speaker 2: We used to wake up and when he was like ten, and I was a little bit older his older brother.
Speaker 8: We used to fight over the over the frosted flakes.
Speaker 5: We used to actually wrestle off of the off of the frosted flakes because he used to always get up earlier. What does just say, right, you don't believe that. I do believe that, But I just want the record to show that if you're riches hell and you fighting, you wrestling over frost flakes, you just want to wrestle, you can afford me.
Speaker 2: You didn't feel like that more frog flake to be had you're rich?
Speaker 7: Okay, but that's how you see saying he said he was ten and I was a little bit old. That's a hilarious show the wet.
Speaker 9: Okay, well that's just what the mess for.
Speaker 5: The first hour.
Speaker 2: Now your news is real.
Speaker 6: Allegedly when we come back, we got front page news. Tesla figure oh b jordan us don't move. It's to Breakfast Clove for morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Your mornings will never be the same morning, everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ n V Jeselarry Charlamage to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get in some front page news. What it is?
Speaker 11: What's going on? Family? DJ and v just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlams, good morning.
Speaker 6: Girl money now just quickly want to do some sports. We got to salute Lebron James. He scored forty thousand career points in the NBA, so congratulations to him.
Speaker 5: Do you realize we'll probably never see that again?
Speaker 2: Never our lifetime.
Speaker 10: Never.
Speaker 5: I don't think, like not our lifetime probably in mind, but yeah, yeah maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean you'd have to average.
Speaker 6: I think it's like twenty four point five points a game for twenty one years.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, Like, people don't realize what we're watching. When we're watching Lebron James. We think him being around for twenty one years and still playing at this higher level is normal.
Speaker 6: No, it's not normal, fall normal, It's not normal. Yeah, I'm just I don't think you'll see it again.
Speaker 2: You said what he says the goat?
Speaker 11: Would you say he's the goat?
Speaker 5: God give me, he's a he's not deep. Michael Jordan is the goat, and then Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't think you'll ever see this again because think about it, Bron still got about two more years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Bron got as long as you won honest. Yeah, that's the way you're playing.
Speaker 2: And Caitlyn Clark, we got a salute to her.
Speaker 6: She surpassed Pistol Pistol Pete for the NT double A scoring records, So congratulations to hers.
Speaker 5: That's a big record too. That record was up for like fifty four, fifty six years, you know what I mean? Man, all woman, it don't matter for you to come in there and score that many points. You know, in a matter of four years, Luther Chopper, Kate and.
Speaker 2: She could have played another year. Yeah the Kobe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Andrew Rees can do that too, but I hope she don't. Yeah, all right, well let's jump right into it. Let's talk about Fanny Willis.
Speaker 11: Oh man, the Fannie Willis's hearing.
Speaker 9: Is has some closing arguments on that on Friday, and it is just a miss cause I'm just I don't know no other way to say. It is so much going on with this particular hearing about her and Nathan Wade and their inappropriate relationship. I want you to take a list and then I'm going to come back and give you what both sides said in their closing arguments.
Speaker 21: Judge herd final arguments on whether Fulton County District Attorney Fannie Willis and Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade should be removed from the twenty twenty election interference case. Prosecutors laid out their arguments on why they think there is a conflict of interest with Willis and Wade's relationship. One prosecutor pointed out Willis's speech giving it a church after the motion was filed. This comes after accusations came out against Willis and Wade having an improper relationship while working together. Both have admitted they were in a relationship, but that it started after Wade was appointed Special prosecutor. Willis also faces claims that she misused taxpayer money during the relationship.
Speaker 9: So now the defense attorneys, the ones who Fannie Willis is going against them. Trying to make it very simple for you guys to understand, because it's a very complicated story. I want you to hear why they say she should be disqualified from moving forward with this case.
Speaker 14: Take a list, well be arguing for or disqualification comes from one of two places, either conflict of interest or forensic misconduct, And today the defense made the arguments for both. They say da Willis began dating special prosecutor Nathan Wade before he was awarded that Fulton County contract worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for this case, and that it was all part of a scheme to financially benefit from this case because of the vacations, dinners, and excursions Willis and we'd shared together. Then they argued Willis's comments made outside of the courtroom are improper, specifically those she made during a church speech on Martin Luther King weekend.
Speaker 22: It was videoed. It was clear that miss Willis had notes. She was reading from notes that she had prepared. It was a calculated determination by miss Willis to prejudice the defendants and their counselor.
Speaker 9: Now the state that is representing Fannie Willis. They obviously have another position. This is what they had to say on why she should not be disqualified from this case.
Speaker 11: Take a listen to that.
Speaker 14: They spent the first part of their arguments today, the first half rather arguing against that notion, seeing it must be an actual conflict of interest, not some speculation or unproven facts. Then they walk through all the witnesses that we've heard from, explaining to the judge why he should or shouldn't consider their testimony credible, and then they walk through the timeline of that Willis Wade relationship that they say should be believed.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, it's absurd.
Speaker 20: It's in a desperate attempt to remove a prosecutor from a case for absolutely no reason, your honor, other than harassment and embarrassment.
Speaker 9: Now, the bottom line of this, guys, is regardless of what is going to happen, which we should know an answer within two weeks. Again, the closing argument was Friday, a judge is going to make this decision, not a jury.
Speaker 11: So a judge is going to make this decision. But the bottom line is.
Speaker 9: Guys, Donald Trump's going to bring this up regardless of how this falls, He's going to bring it up.
Speaker 11: In fact, he did it this weekend. Take a listen to that.
Speaker 23: Have a very good.
Speaker 2: Relationship with a woman called Millennia.
Speaker 19: But I would venture to say, in all the years that I've known or I might not have called her two thousand, five hundred times. That's a I know, I didn't send three thousand, five hundred text messages.
Speaker 5: He should keep quiet, but he won't, you know. And I'm not even mad at the Fanny Wooler's situation. Because the law is the law. I just want to know why the law works for some but not others. Because Fanny is about to be in disqualification hearings for accusations of getting her back blown out by Nathan Wade. Meanwhile, Trump got all types of charges, including leading an attempt to cool his country, which violates the fourteenth Amendment, and he's just moving along like his business as usual, like it's nothing. And I feel like, if you're an elected official, the people should vote on whether you get disqualified as that. So, so that's what I wish would happen in a lot of these cases, especially Trump. Let's let's vote. The people should be able to vote to see if Donald Trump should be eligible to run for president.
Speaker 2: Says, nobody to follow the letters of the law.
Speaker 11: Well, he even got pretty crude in that clip that I just played.
Speaker 9: Even talked about how Nathan Wade uh basically said was his only experience was pounding her and did his fist.
Speaker 11: Like, yeah, he got pretty crude in that comment.
Speaker 9: So yeah, so this is this is gonna be something that he will continue to use, you know, like I said, regardless of the outcome on basically saying that this case has been tainted and it's just so unfortunate Charlottage just in general, just how it's all playing out.
Speaker 11: And I agree with all of the things that you said. This is one of the strongest cases against him.
Speaker 9: So when you look at this one and then if you look at the other case that the Supreme Court will decide if he gets community or not with the election interference case, these were the two strongest, and it just looks like, you know, we don't know, I don't know what it looks like, don't We don't know how how it's going to play out, But doesn't look like he'll be have anything really kind of going against him before the election. If the Supreme Court decides in his favor.
Speaker 5: Today, I wish we could ignore the distraction and just focus on the case, because even if Fannie Willis isn't on the case, there's still a case. Right, he still made the phone call and tried to get you know what was it? Eleven thousand votes? Will find me eleven thousand votes that still happened regardless of if Fannie Willis is on the case or not.
Speaker 9: Well, that's why people say that she should just refuse herself and say, you know what, I want to make sure that the focus is on that. Let me just pull back and let somebody else, you know, manage this case so that the focus is not on me.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: So that's that's instead of getting put off the case, remove yourself from the case. It was too late now because now you know a judge is going to decide, and then that even even works Charlom Mane because if when I was watching it on last week, the judge said, so, if I decide that she was inappropriate on this, how do I look at all of the other cases that she's ever tried?
Speaker 11: You know, so what is that going to look like?
Speaker 17: You know what?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, it gives people, It gives people a reason to be able to say, hey, I didn't I don't think my case was fair. I mean, it just opens up a Pandora's box that just it's.
Speaker 5: Just okay and not good look for black people in positions of power like that, you know what I'm saying, Like it's already hard enough you know, for us, especially especially black women. They don't be wanting y'all in those positions of power at all. So sadly, when you know, you take those kinds of shots. You really do have to be clean as a whistle. If not, things like this happened to Wait.
Speaker 6: Wait, I'm confused. I thought I heard something. So he just said all I remember is just pounding out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 11: Donald Trump was saying that.
Speaker 9: The one of the arguments is he missed Wade the job even though he didn't have the experience. He had the qualifications, but he didn't have the experience to get the job to be special prosecutor. So Donald Trump said yo that he didn't have any experience except pounding. Findie willis the.
Speaker 2: Mayor of Pound Time. He's just the mad poundtown Pound all right, So that is Front page News.
Speaker 5: Snaky test absolutely, and make sure you follow a Tesling figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart radio podc Cast Network hosted by Tesla figure.
Speaker 6: Out, all right, and when we come back eight hundred five A five one oh five to one, I know may shout to Mason can. They were on their show talking about getting a massage from the opposite sex and Charlemagne talks about how recently he got a massage from a male and how much he loved it.
Speaker 2: He was like the massage therapist was all in his mouth and he said it was it was just memorable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he loved he like massage, some stuff in his mouth.
Speaker 2: That's right, Like wow, Okay, So let's open up the phone lines. How do you feel about your partner getting a massage by the opposite sex.
Speaker 6: Let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club on morning the Breakfast.
Speaker 24: Club phone, it's topic time called eight hundred five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: To join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlomagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about getting massages from the opposite sex. Now, this conversation started from Mason Cameron talking about having trainers and women using male trainers. And then we heard Charlemagne said recently that you got a massage from a mail and you said it was amazing.
Speaker 2: And what did he say about He said that the.
Speaker 7: Guy I massage every part of his body, even his.
Speaker 5: Mouth, not every part of the body, but he definitely gave me a mouth massage, which is something I never had before because apparently there's two muscles in your mouth. And I'm the type of person, you know, because of like anxiety and stuff like that, Like I'm always like grinding my teeth a little bit, or like I opened my mouth real wide.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, and so it's like he he he massaged these two muscles in my mind, and it hurt, Like hell, how do massage with his hands? Like he was like he like, it's like a it's like a technique.
Speaker 5: Anybody out there that does this massage thing I'm talking about, I know you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But it's like these two corners right.
Speaker 5: Here, and he just put him in and he kind of like hugs on it a little bit and it's painful.
Speaker 2: Well man, it's very very stretch relieving.
Speaker 7: So you're a you were able to open your mouth wider after Like what type of effects?
Speaker 2: I haven't I haven't been grinding my teeth since that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't been grinding my teeth that much instant, but I mean I've never had a male messeuse until that time.
Speaker 2: And he did a fantastic job.
Speaker 5: But It's just like football players and basketball players who got male trainers who you think is massaging them and rubbing on the But.
Speaker 2: I just never heard of a mouth massage. Yeah, it's out there, a matter of fact, I'm a google it right now.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when I go to when I go to physical therapy and there's a male massuse, that's that's different.
Speaker 2: But when you go to a massage place and the lights are low and.
Speaker 6: It's intimate and the candles are burning, yeah, I would just prefer a woman to massage me.
Speaker 16: That is just me.
Speaker 5: But you did, you did have a male mesuse before, and.
Speaker 6: You listen to everything. Absolutely, But it wasn't that. It was it was me and my wife together. It was a couple of massage and it was the teachers how to give a massage. And the dude came in Diesel dreads, brown skin brother.
Speaker 5: Very See the fact that you described him makes me think that this was a free co case.
Speaker 2: Free But you know what I mean, turn the massage.
Speaker 6: I couldn't enjoy the massage because this big brother Diesel with dreads that massages security.
Speaker 2: It was I don't want it again.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you're so insecure if you ain't never had your butt touched, like I don't have those insecurities, Like I ain't think of nothing when that male was miside of me, I didn't think about nothing except for this was a good massage.
Speaker 2: In no way shape before that. But this is a real thing. Clinical oral facial massage, that's what it's called. Get I get that all the time. And the woman that does it is dope. She does an amazing job.
Speaker 5: Clicking or popping up the jaw clinching, lockjaw and limited mouth, open range, and it released his muscles. And I've never seen this word fascia involved with chewing and jaw clenching.
Speaker 2: So this is a thing. So when he when he massages you, does he reach over you?
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, you have to lay y'all? Did it from the side?
Speaker 5: What'd you say?
Speaker 2: He was on the side. When he was on one side, I had to turn this way. He was on this side. I had to turn that way.
Speaker 5: But listen, if you've never had a clinical oral facial massage, trust me, it be worth it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 9: I enjoy massages from the same sex, although I have had massages from a male, and I like the pressure more from a guy.
Speaker 5: However, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 9: I do get excited, like especially when they be like turnover and you massage in my stomach and under my breasts and all that.
Speaker 2: And I just be like stop.
Speaker 7: So I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Yo, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just I can't.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the full line. Hello, who's this? This is from Brooklyn Kevin for Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: What's going on?
Speaker 25: And how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing the man?
Speaker 25: I love you.
Speaker 5: I love you too, baby.
Speaker 6: We're talking about massages from the same sex, opposite sex.
Speaker 2: Brother talk to us.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 4: Dip out on a massage other days because it was same sex. I'm not gonna call him a company me.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah it was same sex.
Speaker 15: I wasn't filling that.
Speaker 25: I can't have a man. I just I can't do that.
Speaker 2: You never played any type of sports in high school or anything like that. It's different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're laying on the thing and it's a candle leg and the music is playing room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the move different, y'all. I think, y'all it's something about a man.
Speaker 4: Because my little back hurt and it's something about a man.
Speaker 25: Brother down here.
Speaker 16: I can't you know, yeah right with me?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, Charlemagne is upset because not a lot of men are not All men are open up to other men are open to other men.
Speaker 2: Don't know why everybody's so insecure.
Speaker 5: It's not It has nothing to do with insecurity. This is very much got to do. They be in your mind. You're thinking, man, I might get turned on by this guy. Man, I don't want this guy touching me because I.
Speaker 17: Might like it.
Speaker 1: That's that's your problem.
Speaker 2: That's something you need.
Speaker 5: That problem. Everybody thing you said said when the guy told me turn around, I towed it up a little bit. You can't.
Speaker 2: Get mixed. I'm Matt, hey yo yo, talk to us, mat where you call it from and all checked it?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 4: It all depends now that if you a guy and you letting your partner get a massage by the opposite sex and could just lead to other things. I feel like that intimate. Why can't you know your partner get a massage by the thing?
Speaker 10: Say?
Speaker 2: Now, what about you, Matt, do you mind it if if a male gives you a massage.
Speaker 25: Me personally is not happening.
Speaker 4: There's too many females out there that you know, they they got they got muscle, they know how to you.
Speaker 10: Know, massage.
Speaker 6: So Matt, you you book a massage and hope me come out. You're gonna say no.
Speaker 15: I'm walking right out.
Speaker 4: I'm all said.
Speaker 5: Now, let the record show that when I got this massage from this guy, it was a few weeks ago, and it was when I was on my spiritual retreat. So this guy was there for a reason. What he does, his specialty A lot of people don't do. Male are female.
Speaker 2: What's his name? I don't remember now you don't remember his name?
Speaker 7: Now it's the spiritual journey. Now, now he was there.
Speaker 2: They were wrestling.
Speaker 5: They were wrestling for Frost and yeah, like what, No, you're the one who said you get you said you described he.
Speaker 2: Was like yeah, he had dreads, he was brown, he was diesel. Like nah, be so that handsome man.
Speaker 5: You couldn't you couldn't even think about that handsome man touching you because you didn't know what it might lead to.
Speaker 2: No, sounded like to me eight hundred and five five one oh five to one.
Speaker 6: Do you mind getting massage from the same sex or do you prefer opposite sex?
Speaker 2: Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club for morning. Let's say if you're all talking about it, you know we talking.
Speaker 24: It's topic called eight hundred five eight five one O five one.
Speaker 2: To join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning, everybody. It's DJ En V Jess, hilarys Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about getting a massage from either the opposite sex or same sex.
Speaker 2: What do you prefer? What do you want your spouse to do? Let's discuss.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Yo?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 25: Hey, I love y'all.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 25: It's King King up all Black from the Howard Third Show.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Wow, what's up?
Speaker 10: King?
Speaker 25: What's up?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 25: Hey Charlotte made I love your point of view.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 17: King.
Speaker 2: I ain't heard from you in a minute, but brother.
Speaker 25: Yeah, yeah, man, Hey, listen, I don't allow my wife to do like that. Yeah, because listen, if you allow her to do that type of stuff, things lead to other things. You know what I'm saying. So you gotta keep them in checking away.
Speaker 2: Jesus, But now I want to keep him checked. What about you, King of Black? You get a message you got a massage from a male before.
Speaker 25: King of All Black.
Speaker 15: But anyway, just I like male majuicus because they're stronger, you.
Speaker 25: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Okay, and the angel women.
Speaker 15: Got too mrtured with you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 25: I like an Asian man to put his hands on me like that.
Speaker 2: You know, wax waxaw. Okay, King of Blacks, you have a good one, and did not say it just sounds crazy. I'm like a male because they screwn.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like a male Asian male to put his hands on this hell this.
Speaker 26: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Now that says you're uncomfortable receiving massages from other men.
Speaker 26: Yes, I am, Why because I feel like I make noises that if I'm enjoying it. Yes, so it sounds well even though it may not be sexual, and I usual to make the guy think, oh well, she might be into me and they may go somewhere that it's not like what kind of noises?
Speaker 2: Were you a freaky but you're a yellow freaky boy? Man? What's your problem?
Speaker 9: I'm just I never I never got myself like yeah, yeah, but I get what you're saying though. Yeah, girl, come with the whole soundtrack, especially when they tell.
Speaker 26: You yeah, And that's just how I am. And I'd just rather get from a woman because I'm not interested in them.
Speaker 5: You know, you bring up you bring up a good point, Like every single time I get a massage, you know from a woman. You know, you do tend to get a little director. You know what I'm saying, you do, But I'm never when I had it with the guy, that didn't happen at all.
Speaker 2: Did you make sound did you make sounds.
Speaker 26: Like because there's no interest and it's them making you feel good, like you sound like it feels good.
Speaker 5: And by the way, the guy made me feel good, but I didn't get a wrect because you're not the guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because when they hit your lower back, I'm telling you, like sometimes it's like like oh my god, yes, like right there.
Speaker 7: And then when they turn you over and they go blow your belly button, it's like.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, like what you like.
Speaker 2: You get on?
Speaker 6: They turn you over so real, that's a full body.
Speaker 7: They do your back and then they tell you they are you over and they do everything else.
Speaker 2: We have a massage therapist on the line. Hello, Hey, yes, hey, what's your name, bro?
Speaker 10: My name is Chris.
Speaker 2: Are you brown? Skin with dreads. No, we just make with a ball.
Speaker 10: Head and a bed.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's a pleasure. It's a pleasure to be on here. So I've been a massage therapist for twelve years and I have that problem majority of the time where the husbands have a hard time working with me. But it's not about that. It's the muscular care that needs to be done for our society that we're not addressing. Biometrical movement is the key to internal healing, and so what's happening in our society now is we're quick to about biochemical things and I'm out, but we're not doing the things that we need to do on a muscular level to heal.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah, you got to move that trauma up out of your body.
Speaker 10: That's right. And so with that, there's six hundred and fifty six individual muscles, three hundred and sixty joints, and two hundred and eight bones that nobody knows anything about.
Speaker 2: Do you do the oral facial massage?
Speaker 10: Yes, it's called inner oral massages where you go into the mandible, you release the massacre and it helps with the TMJ.
Speaker 2: That's right. It hurts, it hurts, but it feels so good afterwards.
Speaker 10: I do NORM muscular therapy. NORM muscular therapy is trigger point release to the actual belly of the muscle, and it actually helps elongate the individual muscle from the insertion to orgin.
Speaker 7: He couldn't do my massage, not that way.
Speaker 2: He's talking.
Speaker 7: You gotta be quiet the whole time.
Speaker 1: I'm overhead.
Speaker 5: Where are you saying?
Speaker 7: I'm just like, oh, yes, come.
Speaker 10: To teach me.
Speaker 2: You do tennis.
Speaker 10: I do tennis, elbow, golfer, hip, flexus, rotator cough. You don need to do yourself some research on your my skill therapy.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm about to go get me a massage to the day because of you.
Speaker 2: I'm going.
Speaker 5: I got so many points at massage and bim.
Speaker 10: If you ever want to check out massage care out of Conway, South Carolina, I open up my business and that's what I'm focusing on.
Speaker 17: Sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna fly do it. I can't let him touch me in South Carolina.
Speaker 10: What hey, I'm from d C. See that's the perception. Okay, life life trauma, childhood trauma causes us not to want to be touched that I have to deal with that trauma listen. He is not line in no way, shape or for him.
Speaker 2: B Yo, Na, I can't let the man.
Speaker 5: Another man touched me from South Carolina, I say, touch me in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: That's different because of the childhood trauma.
Speaker 5: That look sometimes I got touched in South Carolina by people that wasn't supposed to be touching me.
Speaker 27: Now laugh at Thatt's see you get out of this one? Oh my god, just exactly, yes, we do. We'll get to it next, we go get to it next. The fun police over there, it's the Breakfast logan morning getting.
Speaker 9: Because no, I don't understand. No, don't be trying to act all like you said now, no, no, don't ever dress like that.
Speaker 5: Where where blue the legacy resilience appreciate you.
Speaker 2: This is chaos though this is black one. Tu tho chaos.
Speaker 5: That is amazing. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 17: I just.
Speaker 7: Think it's like for children like no, are you Monday?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, morning everybody. Weyard to Breakfast Club JMB just hilarious. Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 5: And I want to remind you to go get your tickets for the second annual Black Effect Broadcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia, Pullman Yards. Okay, we got some of your favorite podcasts gonna be on that podcast stage. We got Wallow and Gilly. We got Carefully Reckless hosted by Jeffs hilarious. We got Horrible Decisions with Mandy and Weezy. We got Poor Minds podcast with Lex and Drea. We got Deeply Well with Debbie Brown. We got the Black Tech Green Money Podcast with Will Lucas, and we got the Ball of Alert show. So go get your tickets right now at a vent bright r go to Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival, and you know we got the food vendor, food trucks, the merchandise like it's the real festival. If you was there last year, it was sold out, I know you enjoyed yourself. But we're back in Atlanta this Saturday, April twenty seventh, So go get your tickets at a vent bright right now.
Speaker 2: Our Black Effect dot Saturday Saturday, what I say you say?
Speaker 9: Saturdayday, Saturday, April twenty seven, Yeah, and it will be hosted by who pretty d n B doctor. Last year last year supposed to buy me your stop asking me why I'm not hosting your I don't want to.
Speaker 2: See you're pregnant.
Speaker 5: That always messing with somebody it is.
Speaker 7: We want to be a lot of it's gonna be a lot of bagg and forth for five.
Speaker 2: We want to keep your workload down by then, by how many months you'll be by the six Jesus, Yeah, like yeah, like sex with this.
Speaker 5: You just get to come in, do carefully, reckless, ask some questions, I mean, answer some questions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and get up out of there. That's right, get up out of there. Yeah, so pretty big. And that's definitely gonna keep the energy up, y'all.
Speaker 2: I love them. We don't need doing that acting like how you was acting on your party Saturday. I want to go home, y'all. Allright, we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 7: What we're talking about that we do Kanye for the in law once they have a sit down.
Speaker 6: Okay, I would say if I was the fall in law law beyoncas oh my bad, think about by Kim, but couldn't anyway.
Speaker 7: Jesus, are you been thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Morning? Everybody?
Speaker 6: It's dj NV just Hilaris Charlamage the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get toes with the message just don't gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club started.
Speaker 9: Kanye's father in law wants to sit down and have a conversation with him, So reports say that Beyonca's Beyonca Censori's father.
Speaker 7: His name is Leo.
Speaker 9: He wants to speak with Kanye. They say that he believes Beyonce I mean what, Oh my god, Jesus creeping in my mind. They said that he believes Kanye would never allow his own daughters to dress that to dress that way, and shouldn't encourage Beyonca to dress like that either.
Speaker 7: This is what was said in quotes.
Speaker 9: Beyonca's father, Leo, wants to have a proper sit down with Kanye and ask him what the hell is he thinking when he parades Bianca around like a trashy naked trophy pony. He also has an issue with Kean. Uh, what's up with the names? I'm getting I'm getting pregnancy mine real quick. He also has an issue with Kanye's allegedly with Kanye allegedly keeping Beionca away from her family. That was the most interesting bullet point that I wanted to read about it, because apparently she don't get to talk to her family, and he reportedly believes that Kyan keon Jesus slow down. No, it's not about slowing down, it's about Kanye being Kon.
Speaker 5: And I don't know who that is.
Speaker 9: Who is I don't know, Like I don't know. I keep wanting to right, That's what I'm saying. I keep wanting to call him Kon and I don't know why, Like I don't even know what nigga.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: He reportedly believes that Kanye's relationship with Beionca is in love but control.
Speaker 7: No, I've said this myself a million times.
Speaker 9: I feel like like she's being controlled, right, And it's kind of like she a sleeve, Like that's what it's given. Beyonca's father has several convictions, including having a pistol with bullets and selling heroin. Now, her father's brother, which is Beyonca's uncle, was sentenced to life in prison for being a notorious gangland killer. So he's very connected here, you know what I'm saying, And shot sounds Kanye may not be ready for that. So with those things being considered, most people think to sit down between Beyonca's dad and Kanye won't be too polite. You know how Kanye Mouth is obviously reading what we're thinking about this man.
Speaker 7: He ain't too politely.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad at that conversation. I'm not your daughter, and your daughter's walking around halfway naked. And what he said was, would you want your daughter to walk around like that?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I think I wouldn't be mad at that conversation. I would want to have a conversation with him too, just to make sure that my daughter is okay and that she is not being mind bleaked.
Speaker 5: No, all of that is true. And I ask one simple question, why the hell do we know any of this? I don't know, Like, why can't they just have a sit down with each other? Try know Kanye is.
Speaker 7: It takes everything to the internet, everything to the end.
Speaker 5: He must be.
Speaker 2: Afraid, absolutely that man. I gotta go have a meeting with this man.
Speaker 17: I need.
Speaker 2: You'll know his whole criminal history. He tried something with me.
Speaker 5: He even told us about his brother.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But he said he's been trying to reach out to Kanye, and I guess he hasn't been able to have that.
Speaker 2: But that's his daughter. Well stop calling him Kanye. His name is Yeah, he doesn't answer to Kanye nomore.
Speaker 5: He told you all that, he told you that if you're calling them Kanye, then you are well about to see mis gendering.
Speaker 2: But dead name and them.
Speaker 7: Got pregnant mind too.
Speaker 5: It's like Kanye, I just read some article statement when he still don't call me Kanye, I'm not answering that no more.
Speaker 2: He called me Kanye. I feel like that's disrespect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if they ever go back to where that family's from, he might have some little bit of problems.
Speaker 9: I don't care what he said call them Kanye. Actually, I like Keough you like his name is not k Kanye. Guys, he just can't call that man kyak.
Speaker 7: But it was following that he actually felt this way to hate his pants.
Speaker 9: We actually felt like he actually had said that it was an issue in Paris when he had when Kanye asked her or had her wearing stockings with no underwear under so you can kind of like see like her genitals and everything, you know, I'm saying, and she could have been arrested because in Paris, in decent exposure is a crime.
Speaker 2: So he's just like that.
Speaker 7: That's when he that was the first time he reached out to Kanye.
Speaker 6: But just imagine that's your daughter you see in that or even the time on the boat when you got Felicia allegedly on the boat, Like that's your daughter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and she never looks happy, by the way. She always looks cold and scared. So that's why I say she may be a slave, yeah, Jesus and other fatherly news. Ryan Garcia's dad insults Devin Haney's dad. There was a press conference for Devin Hainey and Ryan Garcia's upcome and fighting. Their fathers ended up getting into it Henry Garcia and Bill Haney. Eventually, Ryan Garcia took the mic away from his Bavado because this which I'm about to hear is crazy.
Speaker 19: You're a nappy ahead, nappyhead, I sound like some RACI Hey, that's what he's looking like.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, ahead, this is US African American Americans.
Speaker 2: We have we have more course coarse hair than than you Latinos. But that don't make our hair nappy.
Speaker 16: But that does not.
Speaker 2: Don't confused racist, try to explain that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh my god, Devin just say something like now, he said, don't you go. He could have came back at him.
Speaker 5: I know, but we just got show listen all this simply saying it's racism and homophobia.
Speaker 2: That's part of the trash talk. I grew up on him boxing like it was.
Speaker 19: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Boxing is one of those last few places that has no political correctness to it. Yeah, okay, remember Floyd used to come in here with the with the sombredo, and do you remember Floyd and Conor McGregor.
Speaker 2: Conda McGregor was calling Floyd a monkey, and.
Speaker 5: So Floyd said, you need to respect us and words matter, only to call him a gay sler.
Speaker 2: That's the big gay sler.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna see a move that.
Speaker 9: Mike's so quick from his father in my house, Like, yo, no, we are not doing this because you know what I'm saying. But like I said, I even don't. I still don't think the dad is racist. It's just that was a racial man, I guess. But what made it bigger was Devin was like, you know, you started the civil rights speech. You know what I'm saying, instead of just going back at this is boxing, you know how this works? Like you know, just I wonder if they've seen any of that that you're talking about from back.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Oh my god, I mean, but you know Ryan, Now, Ryan got to back up with his daddy said in the ring, of course, you know, because all of that.
Speaker 2: Goes out the window on fight night. That's the beauty of being a boxer. You can talk all the trash you want leading up to the fight, but you still got to get a ring.
Speaker 7: He called his father a pimp several times. I didn't know that he was a pamp.
Speaker 2: Who was father?
Speaker 5: Ryan was calling Bill Haney a pimp.
Speaker 2: He was like, Bill was a great man. Slew the Bill.
Speaker 3: A man.
Speaker 5: Ain't no pimp.
Speaker 2: He's not a pimp. He's a man. I don't I don't know why he called him a pimp. But if he's not a pimp, he's a man. Son become one of the best boxes in the world. That's right. What you to be a pan?
Speaker 5: What if he was a former?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Charlamgne we are giving a donkey too. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: For after the hour, man, since y'all always want to be so fake out raised about something, I got something for y'all to be outraised about. Okay, we need did Creek high school in Oklahoma to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 6: We'd like to have a word with the police. All right, we'll get to that. Nextus to breakfast logan morning.
Speaker 1: If you're like the into the breakfast club, Charlamagne some.
Speaker 2: Donkey days just so themselves. Been watching Charlie Man ready for I never heard them donkey again, charlam Man.
Speaker 26: I'm a douncy.
Speaker 11: That Charlotte Marue.
Speaker 5: Yes donkey today for Monday, March fourth, goes to a high school in Oklahoma named did Creek High School. Listen, I know we live in an era where intelligent people are being silent so the stupid don't get offended. But intelligent people got to start speaking, and they must start speaking loudly because the ignorance has gone too far.
Speaker 2: I truly don't know what the hell is happening in our society. Okay, It's like.
Speaker 5: Folks be offended about nothing but things they should be upset about they ignore. And this story out of Deer Creek High School is one that should be causing y'all to do that fake social media outrage thing y'all be doing. Okay, See, there's a video circulating online that shows students students now high school kids from freshmen to seniors, licking peanut butter off the feed of people for a fundraising event. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to k w CH news for report police.
Speaker 23: This video shows Deer Creek High School students licking toes at a fundraising event Thursday.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I didn't think.
Speaker 17: Whatever she told me yesterday that was happening. I had to ask her, like, wait, what peanut butter off of toos?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 23: The Deer Creek School District confirmed the video, with Fox twenty five saying the students volunteered and challenges to help raise money during their philanthropy week. Deer Creek Schools says every student who participated signed up for the games they played ahead of time, and that no faculty or staff were involved during the assembly. They note that the fundraising week helped raise more than one hundred and fifty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: It's really great that they raised a lot of money. I feel like maybe they could have done a little bit more accountability and ownership in that statement, or you know, maybe we didn't think this thing through.
Speaker 2: You think you think this is discussing this sounds like a free co case. Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this was adult who are getting their feet licked by these high school kids, but if so, round them all up. Okay, this has to be illegal in at least forty nine states. Damned anything goes in Florida, but everywhere else this has to be illegal. Okay, you need to put cases on every single one of these individuals. There is no rhyme or reason for this a fundraising event. A fundraising event in a high school. What happened in the world's finest chocolate candy balls?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: What happened to kids selling chrispy Kreme donuts to raise money? Girls cookies? How we go from peanut butter patties, peanut butter sandwiches, the peanut butter on people's feet and the kids gotta lick them off to raise money. And they raised over one hundred and fifty rats because humans are freaky.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, they raised over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars because humans are freaky and the sexual exploitation to children is big business in this country.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: What happened to go on may popcorn discount cards? It's all types of stuff kids be selling for fundraisers, But never in my life have I heard about kids having to degrade themselves and lick peanut butter off another human's feet. And furthermore, why would parents okay with this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is nobody in this school under adult supervision? This had to be ranmed by the parents. We all parents in this room. We have to sign permission slips for this kind of stuff. So did they just admit that it would be extra crunchy jiff on humans toes for your kid to lick off on this day?
Speaker 2: I can't see a parent signing off on this.
Speaker 5: And if they did hit them with some free co charges too, there has to be a dominatrix citation or something, some type of fetish fine.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That's only fans money. Okay.
Speaker 5: You know why that's only fans money because you got these kids doing only fans activities.
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 5: There is women butt assnegget on only fans right now getting that kind of money, you know, and then some of them getting that kind of money for just showing their feet. Meanwhile, these kids out here sucking and licking feet. Where is the free co chargers. Can a school lose this license or something? Absolutely? Can they?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Everybody involved in this situation should be suspended by it. Something whose idea was this? Please give Deer Creek High School. Let bring me my give Deer Creek High School the biggest he.
Speaker 7: Huh he ha he ha.
Speaker 2: You stupid motherfuck? Are you dumb?
Speaker 5: And now instead of worrying about the fundraiser, you gotta worry about the fungus. Okay, peanut butter and foot funguses not in after school snack your.
Speaker 2: Children should have to eat, okay.
Speaker 5: And furthermore, y'all need to be calling Deer Creek High School right now. Four old five three four eight fifty seven twenty. I don't care where you are in the world. You should call Deer Creek High School and complain, okay, tell them that they gonna be hit with free co chargers four O five three four eight fifty seven to twenty. Go have a petty party on Deer Creek High School's phone lines today because this is ridiculous.
Speaker 7: You just get in to the school pettioh oh like they need.
Speaker 2: To be reported somebody. People need to be complaining. This is insane.
Speaker 7: You know how many people gonna call up the.
Speaker 5: School They need to four O five three four eight fifty seven to twenty. If you can't write the number down right now google it. Did Creek High School in Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's said, h oh they got they still got a fax machine. Yeah, I just see now people still say facts every once in a while. Okay, I see did Creek Boys Basketball High School? I was looking for the Instagram page.
Speaker 5: They got an email too, right HS attendance at d Csokay dot org.
Speaker 2: That's probably if you kids not going to school, you gotta email them saying, oh, okay to school.
Speaker 5: Well you know what, email that line too, damn it, Okay, email them, call them like this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The number yea four oh five three four eight fifty seven.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you for that donkey today, Yes, indeed, now when we come back, doctor Tanya and Matthews will be John us see.
Speaker 5: She is the CEO and president of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina. If you have not taken a trip to the International African American Museum in Charlston, South Carolina, you are missing out. It is built on Gatchum's Wharf in Charleston, South Carolina. And I can't remember the exact number, but it's like forty almost fifty percent of all enslaved Africans came through that port right there in Charleton, South Carolina. So if you haven't gone to the International African American Museum yet, you need to and uh, the CEO and President, doctor Tanya Matthews dot t will be here to talk to us about it.
Speaker 2: Come rex, we'll get to that nexus to breakfast club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 6: Club wanting everybody is Dee a n V jess hilarious, Cholamine the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 6: She is the CEO and President of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina, Doctor Tanya Matthews.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, doctor.
Speaker 8: Good morning. How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: That's black and Holly favor. That's right.
Speaker 8: The only way to be I am well, I am very very well.
Speaker 5: How has it been being a black woman in leadership of an international African American museum in Charleston?
Speaker 8: So we just coming in.
Speaker 28: We get into that's right, let's go ahead and intersect. Uh, you know it has been it has been good.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know it.
Speaker 28: It has its tensions because I would I would say one thing that the brothers and sisters are are happy to see me and also surprised. You know, I'm a DC native. I also spent some time in Detroit. Right, you know, stuff gets low regular. You know, we're used to seeing us, and then it's about how we represent. But you know, truthfully, being down in Charleston, being in South Carolina, we are fewer and farther between. So so most folks are proud. Uh, and they are they are excited.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 28: And and folks in the low country can pray, so yesten, I got a whole line of prayer warriors trying to keep it together.
Speaker 8: But then you know, there are the tensions.
Speaker 2: Some folks see the unusual and embrace it.
Speaker 28: Some folks don't. And so there there is that balancing that you that you do maintaining. You gotta have a serious sense of self. You you do have to have a serious sense of self. Everyone who's in leadership has to be able to do some self critique, right, That's just what happens. Right, And you have to be able to take feedback and listen. But if you are in an environment that does not fully and constantly welcome you, you have to have some shall we say, discernment along.
Speaker 8: With that critique.
Speaker 28: Right, you have to know which of the criticisms are coming at you to lift you up and which ones are coming at you to break you down.
Speaker 2: Oh how do you do that?
Speaker 15: Though?
Speaker 2: That's back on the warriors.
Speaker 28: Probably, Well, you know, and and there are some people that you really trust, Like you know, you have some people in your life that they can call you out right and you know that you know they love you. You also know they kind of wise, and so you can you can take that under advisement. I have a few of those folks in my life, and so I know when they say something that's real, and then sometimes I will I will bring things to them. But like, okay, this there's some feedback I got, you know, what what do you think about about this? And so uh so, yeah, it's you know, it's it's tough. It's it's tough, and there are some moments where you just decide, we just gonna have to brust our shoulders off on that one and keep it moving.
Speaker 9: But for people who don't know. Why do you think it's so important for us to tell our own stories?
Speaker 28: So I think it's it's really important to tell our own stories because one they belong to us, right. I have this thing about stories. There are stewards of stories and there are owners of stories. We want everyone to tell a story. That means you're a steward. If I give you my story, I want you to share it. You know, particularly when we talk about say, African American history, I don't need just black folks telling black folks story. We want everyone to tell the story. And that makes you a steward. But then if you're the owner of the story, right, you have some special responsibility, but you also got some special love for your own story. I mean, only you can tell it with that level of emotion, that level of flavor. And the other thing is one of the things that I do like about modern conversations is I often hear the phrase do not argue with lived experience, sure, right, And so when folks are at least willing to say that, that means that you, as the owner of the story, are the authority on that story, and you can step into that space of this is my lived experience. And folks may want to dismiss the bigger picture, but they can't dismiss that particular story that you are speaking to because it does belong to you. And so I think that's one may reason. But the other major reason is there is power and frankly, and talk about yourself. Now, some folks talk about themselves a little too much. Okay, that's not what I'm talking about. That's not what I'm talking about. But to be able to decide that your own story deserves space, right, you know, headspace, heart space, all that kind of stuff. And so you were going to speak up and you were going to talk about and tell your story. I think that's important for everyone.
Speaker 5: But real talk.
Speaker 28: You know, Black folks were often told the opposite, right, that our story didn't need space, that it didn't deserve space, and we weren't allowed to talk about these experiences. And then we have to use softer words when we're talking about these experiences, as if telling my story automatically meant I was blaming someone. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, but either way, it's it's the lived experience. And so I think for black folks, some of the anger, some of the self loathing. Some of the challenge is that we have are really about having to hold the story in and what it takes to do that. You have to diminish self to.
Speaker 8: Hold the story in.
Speaker 28: You have to reorient yourself to be constantly surrounded by everyone else's story. And I think it's something that we that we see often when folks come to the museum, particularly when black folks come to the museum, it feels like a bit of an exhale, like like, oh, that's that's me on the wall, A real pretty well, because we look good, y'all need to.
Speaker 8: Come on down. We look we look good.
Speaker 28: We look good down down at the museum. So it's a it's a beautiful space. And I watch folks walk into the room, and one of the things they seem to be surprised by is to have our stories, obviously reference in black folks, our story is told in such a magnificent and expansive way. Right We're a big museum, and we're a modern museum, and you can see elements of designs. You know, we've gotten rewards and awards for our architecture and that kind of thing. But to see, you know, our stories in that kind of space is still unique, and so sometimes people walk in and I can almost like literally feel the exhale as they see the story in that way.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about places like Florida?
Speaker 9: You know they they're making it illegal shoes for kids to learn about our history.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, let me let me channel my Ni Michelle.
Speaker 2: Let me let me.
Speaker 8: Channel my Ani Michelle and go high on this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I want to scale the one to Harriet, tell me.
Speaker 28: Exactly, exactly exactly. So so here here's the thing about this. You know, we're doing a lot of talk around diversity and inclusion. They do all the studies. Businesses do better, schools do better, kids do better. Everything does better when we're doing sort of diversity and inclusion. I am so curious as to why it has still not occurred to anyone that perhaps America's.
Speaker 2: Superpower is our diversity.
Speaker 28: That being the most diverse nation on the planet is why we manage to be and stay number one despite all the challenges we have. You know, if you if you measure the school systems one to one America's you know, we don't necessarily went on that when you compare things like oh, I don't know, access to healthcare, wonder one. We're We're not the head on the like all of these individual measures. You know, We're never quite at the top yet. And still we are one of the most powerful, not the most powerful nation on the planet, the most creative, the most innovative. We're always sort of leading in these spaces. And I believe it's because we have this level of diversity, this wrangling. We are not monolithic in that space, and so whenever you have anything that challenges our superpower. Right So, frankly, I think this sort of anti diversity, anti teaching, the the culling of history. I think it's the kryptonite to our superpower. I don't think it's it's wise, and I do think it's it's very very dangerous. And I think that this trying to tamp down a significant portion of the American identity is why we are all so shook, even if we can't quite articulate it.
Speaker 6: We got more with doctor Tanya Matthews when we come back. She is the CEO and president of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina. So don't move, It's to breakfast club, good morning.
Speaker 2: Owning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's DJ Envy Jesse Larry's Charlamagne the God we are to Breakfast club. We're still kicking it with doctor Tanya Matthews, the CEO and President of the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina, Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: When you look at where we are now in this country, what can the International African American Museum teach us about overcoming a lot of these challenges we're facing us?
Speaker 28: Yeah, so, you know, it's interesting where we are now. I like to use the analogy of a rubber band, right, If you're trying to break a rubber band, you gotta stretch it until it breaks, otherwise.
Speaker 8: It'll just snap back.
Speaker 28: And I think what you will learn sort of in our museum and museums like this, is that we have been here before. Right, Lessons that you do not fully learn, you are doomed to repeat. You know, the history is a is a gracious teacher, and you can redo the test as many times as you need to until you get all the answers correct. And so when you learn about periods such as for example, reconstruction, right, that is the period in our history that most reminds me of what's happening right now, which is there's this moment of great hope, great strides. UH, African American elected officials just popping up out of whatever slavery is apparently over. We're gonna move forward. The slap back was ridiculous. Right, This is this is where we come into the Jim Crow. This is where we get into what we call the nator.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 28: It got really really bad when when we saw the nation allowing the African American community to make this level of this level of progress, right, do something, you know, with with that progress, think about our platforms differently, and so so hopefully it's it's it's a little encouraging.
Speaker 8: Hopefully, it's it's really encouraging.
Speaker 5: It is women's history.
Speaker 8: It is women's history, monk.
Speaker 9: And earlier it's the first day for in Earlier I spoke about my mom. I wanted to honor her, you know, and but like, what are some other ways that we can honor you know, the women, not even only our moms and women in our lives, but just honor women period, women's history.
Speaker 18: You know, I am.
Speaker 8: Honestly still a sucker for being referred.
Speaker 28: To as you know, being part of the lineage, right, you know, you know, I I love it when folks be like I see you, sister, you magical just like the rest of them, Like those kinds of things. I mean, it's nice, you know when folks, you know, compliment us as individuals. But I think it's also nice to be in that category of strong black women. Don't abuse it, right, don't don't overdo it like make us do everything. But there is something something to that just phrases like.
Speaker 8: I see you sis. Yeah, it's so powerful, like you don't even we don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Who I feel seen today?
Speaker 28: Okay, okay, recognition, So that that I think is is good, and I think to also do it three sixty right, you know, we we honor our mothers, we honor our grandmothers, but let's let's make sure the nieces and the daughters and the younger cousins feel a little love too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got a couple more quests. But what are the plans for the one year anniversary in the museum.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, it is it is so coming, you know, because we just open. I'm like, we just opened. It's like the anniversary is already like that is that twelve months?
Speaker 28: Uh so one, you know, obviously we opened up on June twenty seven, and then we start out our opening ceremonies a little bit before that. For me, that means I get the entire month of June. I definitely get the entire Juneteenth season, all right. So Juneteenth is our whole anniversary season. So of course there is a Juneteenth itself, so we are gonna have some special programs and kickoffs for that.
Speaker 8: And one of the things I actually like about that is that, in our particular community, the museum does not have to lead Juneteenth.
Speaker 28: And folks may be surprised to hear me say that, you know that, I'm excited to be sort of like supporting, But that's a sign of a community that's growing, right, So not a low country you got faux five like June teen celebrations, and I'd be out there trying to get to all of them.
Speaker 8: So that's good.
Speaker 28: So that's kind of the kickoff in that in that space, and so there's there's that joy and then there's also that reverence. Like the thing I do is I like to always interweave, always interweave sort of the trauma and the joy and the resilience and the victory all that together because it also comes around the anniversary of Mother Emmanuel, right, so all of that, all of that is happening. They are not disconnected and they don't have to be. You know how black folks do. You've been to our funerals. We know how to get this done right, and so so that's kind of how we have that kickoff. We're gonna have sort of our own version of kind of like a classy bizarre. It's how we're gonna do sort of our anniversary event. I go to a lot of sit down galas with the tablecloth and all that kind of stuff, and it's good. But you know, when you can do something a little different, do a little something a little different. So we finally have our building, so we're gonna be able to use our outside space to have sort of a kind of an upscale kind of bizarre. So we're designing what that's gonna look like. So stay tuned on that. But that's coming. And during June, Secretary Bunch is coming down, so Secretary lining but I know I'm looking at your facials. So he listened. He told me, he's like, you get a couple of things.
Speaker 8: What do you need.
Speaker 28: He is a good he's a good man, and he's a great mentor to many of us in the field. And so he's gonna come down. We're gonna do a little little fireside, little fireside chat. So I'm gonna get a little shine, a little shine off off of Secretary Bunch that he's gonna be there as well. So we've at least got got those those kinds of things going in that space. Little something special for our members, a little something special for our donors.
Speaker 2: So it'll be it'll be good.
Speaker 5: I want everybody to support the International African American Museum for to iaa museum dot org to support and get more information. But doctee, I've never asked you to do this. Would you mind ended on a poem or something?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: So, uh so this is called uh rise.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 28: It's dedicated to uh the Emmanuel nine, the Charcon nine, and the nine we lost at the Albrighton Wilson explosion.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 28: And it riffs off of a quote by Dinos Christanopolis, which is what didn't you do to bury me? But you forgot that I was a seed when they tried to bury me. I discovered I was seed. Told I came from nothing, but I got roots, conditioned to be weak, but kin known to break through concrete. So I watched and learned, and stretched and burned and birthed and grew and flowered. So when the mowers came, I laughed like a dandelion. When the axe men returned, I rolled my eyes like acorns. Some folk don't know how trees work. When they tried to bury me, I discovered I was seed. Then they threatened me with the storm, and found out I was born of the water thing that that thing threatens them the most, who that day say I can't swim My tears salted these seas, crying over bones and desperate, please. I marched deep through these waters like bridges, like tunnels. My wake spirals and funnels memory headstones that birth, coral feed schools, cushion quakes, carved canyons, calcified shark teeth, capped volcanoes at the spout, and sometimes, just sometimes, these waves rise up and remind the storm what water is really about.
Speaker 8: When they tried to bury me, I discovered I was seed.
Speaker 28: Then they tried to burn me and found out that I am the flame set fire to my home, set bomb in my garden, set brands on my body, even use my religion to burn. When will we learn never torch a phoenix, nine feathers to pray and redeem you. None feathers to work every day and feed you. Ninefold wing span x spand flies into the flames and saves you. Hate fizzles. Only love sets fire like I do. Water from that storm quenched me. Heat from that flame released me. I sang myself to sleep beneath the soil so deep and sweet and true. When you tried to bury me, I discovered I am seed. So the only thing left to say is thank you, Doctor Matthew.
Speaker 2: You are so welcome.
Speaker 5: SEEO and President of the International African American Museum and Chaltice, Carolina once again. Go to I A A Museum dot org to get more information on the museum or to get tickets if you can.
Speaker 8: That's right, Come on down to Charleston.
Speaker 5: We got you a ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh we're going. We're going this summer. Are you gonna be pregnant.
Speaker 8: Though you ain't going to deliver six months?
Speaker 5: You can't do nothing around here, Jesus.
Speaker 7: Women's mom.
Speaker 2: Doctor Tanya Matthews.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Club. If he just Alary Charlomagne, God, I hate it here.
Speaker 5: Let's get to.
Speaker 10: Jesus real.
Speaker 16: Just Robert Lord just don't do.
Speaker 1: Is gonna bring you numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club Stata.
Speaker 9: Okay, Cardi B defends this in Coach and new song. People are accusing Cardi B of this and co in her new song, like what what the brand?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 9: And then on Friday she went love to defend her lyrics. Oh yep, we're not playing that because you're a rapper. You should not defend your lyrics, like just like comedians shouldn't defend jokes, just like what radio hole shouldn't defend what comments?
Speaker 5: That's not.
Speaker 7: Couldn't wait put the camera on when we're saying that, I'm sorry for.
Speaker 9: Yon Say reveals how she sneaks into stores without being recognized.
Speaker 7: Girls the black Hoodie keep your head down all.
Speaker 9: Right, and Elie Chopper reveals Chrishawn Rock they sattoo with fake duh dummy, like we knew that. Okay, Yeah, Steph and I should carry are expecting baby number four.
Speaker 2: Congratulations they're married.
Speaker 7: That's what they supposed to do okay.
Speaker 9: Sukiana reacts to Freddy gibbs Leak says his new photo is cute.
Speaker 5: That's why when he was spreading his cheeks.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I didn't see the photo. I saw the headline. I see.
Speaker 9: That's why niggas big mine. All right, Suki, she she thinks stuff like that cute.
Speaker 2: All right, it's gonna make more men spread up what you said?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but then but then you get called gay if you spread your cheek because Suki said it was cute.
Speaker 2: That true.
Speaker 5: I mean, most most guys do things because women say that, you know what I mean. It'll be like, oh I like this, I like that, and that makes guys do it more.
Speaker 2: But is that a real picture? Though I didn't think it was a real picture. I just thought I didn't even I don't know.
Speaker 9: Wait, she said it was cute. But we also do know from our coming up here, you know she likes to eat. She said that, Yes, she said that. All right, eat bunkie. That's so cute, all right. Meek male post pic of his car accident over the weekend. Hey, look I saw that, and I saw somebody come and say if he get hit from behind, I.
Speaker 5: Said, don't be doing that.
Speaker 9: Just yes, Antonio Brown wants to know what Meek Mills Dreams and Nightmares was really about.
Speaker 5: I know he ain't pray for me, playing with me so much. And that's the bad part because it's just it's nothing there. It's the allegation. Somebody can make one allegation against you, and now everybody got jokes with it.
Speaker 9: But you can't really take nothing, Antonio Brown say serious at all?
Speaker 2: Like no, like what child please?
Speaker 9: Sweety claims music execs told her to work more because her voice was boring.
Speaker 2: Where are you getting these where you were?
Speaker 7: I mean your producers in the back, like I say, have some more to say about that.
Speaker 9: If they did and she started doing that, okay, I mean, let's not act like the girl don't chart.
Speaker 7: She probably you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And because this girls out here like that, like music like that, you know, not not too much going in, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 9: Resa Tisa on Good Morning America that that interview just dropped, And I know we talked about it in the first hour, but it just dropped. And she had some things to say to Robin Roberts On, like why she ignored red flags how she got in this situation.
Speaker 2: Play number five, there's something that you said.
Speaker 1: I really want to I want to get it here.
Speaker 5: Number one.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be alone.
Speaker 17: Number two.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to look stupid by having the relationship end so quickly for everyone to be like we told you something was up. And number three, I was ready to get married. I felt like toime was running out. I ignored things because I really wanted it to be my turn.
Speaker 9: Okay, so I swear this is what Charlemagne was saying. You know what I'm saying. You know, and you don't have to say anything.
Speaker 2: I was something.
Speaker 9: You're probably tired of talking about this and defending what you said, but like, this is exactly what he said. It's not even about that, you know, if you get past the big back comments, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He was saying that.
Speaker 9: Sometimes women just don't want to be alone. You want to be chosen, and you'll be so insecure whatever, you'll believe anything, just.
Speaker 5: To have love.
Speaker 7: She didn't want to be alone. He said all of these things.
Speaker 9: You get what I'm saying, But all of that was overshadowed by the big back behavior.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then she also help you laugh probably.
Speaker 10: Right now, man.
Speaker 5: She also spoke.
Speaker 7: She also spoke spoke on missing the old her in number three.
Speaker 8: I heard you say that you're not who you were before all this.
Speaker 2: What happened? Do you miss her?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 5: She got excited.
Speaker 3: I don't really get excited anymore.
Speaker 5: I am terrified to get.
Speaker 3: Excited because I went through a whole year and some change of getting excited only for it to be stripped away.
Speaker 5: I do still believe in love.
Speaker 2: I do still believe in marriage.
Speaker 5: I do still want that.
Speaker 3: Being single is not always a great thing, but being married to the wrong person is a completely different type of hell.
Speaker 2: Don't let nobody steal your joy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I absolutely believe that, No, while single, cant is not always fun sometimes every woman. I think every woman should go through a single period in their time where they can love themselves so you will not be, you know, compelled to fall for anything because you want to be loved. When you love yourself, isn't it don't matter how big you are, how small you are, When when you love yourself, can't nobody pull the world over your eyes no matter what.
Speaker 5: But when you hear her talk like that. That's what I said earlier. Man, That's why you got to be having some of these conversations. To me, all of these conversations with your therapist. Absolutely don't bring this to social media. Like when you bring it to social media and you leave it open to a bunch of people having opinions about things, it's like, none of this should be on on Good Morning, shouldn't be on.
Speaker 6: Tick Relatable though, Yeah, because you've got a lot of women and men that both get to a certain age or a certain point in their life where they want to be married, they want to be in love, they want a family, and sometimes if it's too good, they believe it because that's what they want. And they missed the red flags.
Speaker 9: And do you know all of those you know, Good Morning America with Rob and Roberts and then Tameron Hall sitting down her nobody gave her any advice.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but it was no advice.
Speaker 9: It was everybody just sitting there, you know what I'm saying. And then she also spoke on her the clips, A know, we only saw nothing.
Speaker 2: I watched it. I don't know about.
Speaker 9: Your skared to watch. They leaked all of that you was right too scared. Now play number four.
Speaker 3: What was the most painful to the part that I struggle with is you pretended to be your own executive assistant when I was texting you to say I'm in pre op. So there was never an executive assistant, You were never in a meeting. You just simply did not take me to the hospital when I lost our child.
Speaker 7: That is extremely, extremely painful.
Speaker 2: What if she's unpacked this with a therapist before she went to TikTok? I really do want to know.
Speaker 9: Well, if not, I hope a lot of therapists are reaching out to her because this gets the awareness that it needs not just social media, but it's somebody should actually want to help her, and she should take the help because that's not good.
Speaker 5: Now, don't let nobody feel your joy, man. Don't never let people. Don't let your circumstances dictate how you how you feel. Absolutely you have power over your thoughts and feelings.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is Jes with the mess will be back. It's the Breakfast Club. On morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 24: It's Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history.
Speaker 2: Check out this phenomenal woman.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the Guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's Women's History Month, International Women's History Month, and today who we repon jests Uh.
Speaker 9: It's Women's History Month, Women's History Month. He's the International Women's Month. And it's okay, you're not a one. It's okay, yep, International Women's.
Speaker 5: Women's History Month.
Speaker 7: And I'm going to dedicate today to Brandy. This is a woman in my history.
Speaker 9: I grew up listening to Brandy and she was one of the first women in my opinion, I was listening to our music at a very young age. She's always sung about love, and she's always been open about her scars that she has from love, and even like the victories and with the love, with the feeling of love does to her, you know, whether it's a heartbreak or someone that she's just meeting, you can you Brandy ain't ever sing about nothing else but love, you know. And I feel like this is also what kept her so relatable. Her music is so relatable and as a young girl and even as an adult now, she is still my favorite singer, top my favorite female singer up there along with Chris Brown's Chris Brown calls her.
Speaker 2: The vocal Bible, So I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 9: But before all of that, I watched Moesha, of course, but a lot of people think that's where she started.
Speaker 2: She actually started on a show called a Theavvidelle Show.
Speaker 9: So she's actually one of the first youngest black actresses out there.
Speaker 2: And she looks amazing.
Speaker 9: Brandy is forty five, okay, and she is a Grammy Award winning singer and actress. They call her the Lady of Soul. Also, like just said, the vocal Bible, and she's a philanthropist, y'all. And she started singing at the age of eleven.
Speaker 5: Amazing, you know.
Speaker 9: And she's also ray J But I love her and that's why I wanted to honor her today because she plays a big part in the history of jazz.
Speaker 2: Well, salut to Brandy so much.
Speaker 6: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody at j n V. Jesse La Rischela mean the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, Charla by yes, two things before we get up out of here.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 5: Thank you to everybody that's been pre ordering my new book, which is coming out in May. I forgot the date that it's coming out, which is available for pre order right now. It's called Getting Honest Our Die Line, Why Small Talks Sucks. It's about how I hate small talk. We focus too much on a micro conversation, so we need to make our conversations more macro.
Speaker 2: But it is available for pre order.
Speaker 5: Right now wherever you buy books, Get Honest our Die Line, Why Small Talks Sucks, So go order that now.
Speaker 2: And I want to tell everybody.
Speaker 5: Thank you to everyone who's been buying ticks to the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which is happening April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia. If you was with us last year, you know we sold out. It's hosted by Pretty V and b Dot. We got some of your favorite podcasts on stage, like Wallow and Gilly Just Hilarious, We Can't, Fully Reckless, Horrible Decisions will be on the stage, The Poor Mind podcast will be on the stage, The Baller Alert Show will Lucas, Black Tech, Green Money, Deeply well with Debbie Brown.
Speaker 2: So we got something for everybody.
Speaker 5: We got comedy, mental health, financial literacy, all that will be covered. So we'll see you April twenty seventh at Pull Minyard's in Atlanta. Go get your tickets right now at event bright Our Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 9: It's a lot of people. I've been saying your book all over the place, though, I'm not gonna lie. I've been saying it, which one the get classy dog getto what is it?
Speaker 2: What is it getting honest or die line? Yeah, that small talk sucks.
Speaker 9: People have been reposting it, and I'm like, oh my gosh, so like it's gonna get like a really really good feedback.
Speaker 2: I hope, So, I hope.
Speaker 10: So yeah.
Speaker 2: But the positive notice simply this. Don't let anything steal your joy. Okay.
Speaker 5: Choose to be well in every way. Choose to be happy no matter what. Decide that each day will be good just because you're alive. You have power over your thoughts and feelings. Don't let your circumstances dictate how you feel. Don't let your thoughts and feelings color your situation.
Speaker 2: Blue are desperate? Okay, have a good day?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 9: We gotta start really paying decision now listen y'all. All y'all listeners out there listening to that one, and to listen to Tuesdays.
Speaker 7: It's all the same thing. Keep following your dreams and don't let nobody deserve your peace.
Speaker 27: What oh my gosh, Breakfast Club you don't finish for y'all dump