Speaker 1: I don't want to do this, man, this shit is fucking it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It was a really sad episode. Yeah, I cried.
Speaker 1: Heartbreaking. I cried. I uncontrollably cried. It's fucking heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I was going to cry, and then I cried.
Speaker 4: Yep, it really it really got to be y'all because I was like, this is like, it's the core group, It's still together. So it was so bizarre to see you guys young hoping for a future together. Came Sure, you guys actually have like a whole future to guys. So beautiful. It's so lovely.
Speaker 1: You know you you beg for this as an actor, you know what I mean. You dream of this One day I'll be on a show and it'll last a really long time. And you know, I look back at it now and it's like, shit, I fucking took that for granted. While we were doing the ride, I had no idea that this was This is it, motherfucker, this is it, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, as much as I love doing this podcast, I fucking hate this podcast right now because it made me watch something that I didn't I never watched and never got to experience what the fans got to experience, and then fucking watching it, watching it right now and finishing it and come to completion. Let's be honest. Season eight is the end this, yo, man, This is one of the best endings in television history, bro, in television history, yo. And I can fucking say that shit because I'm on it. But it's true, Bro, It's true. Like, look, I've seen a lot of finales, that's my thing. I watched finales, you know what I mean. I watched the show. I just watched finales and we fucking stuck the landing way to go, Bill Lawrence, Man, holy cow man. Look, I'm gonna try. My heart is not to get emotional, but this ship was.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I want I want the audience to know that he's got tears in his eyes as he's saying all this.
Speaker 1: This ship was fucking amazing, Like, Wow, I I had no idea because I never watched you know what I mean, I had no clue. And you know, just this journey alone, this podcast journey, you know it cap Oh my gosh, Wow, what a fucking what a fucking ending? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I want to echo what you said about you know, we were young, and you know, you lose context of how lucky you are. We were grateful the whole time, but you lose context of like I think, I think what you're saying. What I'm saying is we thought this level of love and connection with a group of actors, and of course a showrunner on the level of Bill would happen again. And we all work, we all do things we love, we all have ups and downs in our career, but this was so lightning in a bottle, this special thing, and it didn't it hasn't happened again. I've made things I loved, I've worked with people I loved, but in terms of like forming a bond, and another thing that happens is people get on a show and it's just a job. You know, It's like, Okay, I got a check and I work with these people, but it isn't like this, this special thing, this special group of people, and so yeah, I loved with the same feelings all I was like, God, we are so blessed and lucky as actors. Obviously to have an eight year run on a show, of course, that goes without saying, but to have it be something we so loved and these people we so loved that we're still close with that we have such a bond with. I mean, every single person on there I still love and it made me miss them so much.
Speaker 1: That's that. Yeah, that more than anything, I saw my journey with like I saw my journey with everybody too. Like one of my greatest accomplishments. And I feel like is me and Christa's relationship, you know what I mean, because it started off maybe not for Krista, but for me, it started off really rocky, you know what I mean, and me and the boss's wife didn't jive and it when you watch the end of this, you could see our relationship coming full circle, you know what I mean. And you know the hugs that we give each other, those are all real. That's what it's like when we see each other, you know what I mean. There's nothing you know, and I just you know, I am so grateful for everyone in this show, you know what I mean, from Cass to crew. You know, I don't have this type of the type of relationship that I have with with you guys that you know in my real life, Like I don't have that type of I don't have fucking like that's my friendship. That's my you know what I mean. There's the people I grew up with, of course, but then there's you guys, and that's it, you know what I'm saying. And it's I don't know, man, you don't get that in Hollywood. You don't get that.
Speaker 3: No, you don't. I mean, you work on these projects and you make great friendships. But I mean when I think of like the people closest to me in my life. You know, obviously I have of friends outside of this, but like you and Bill and Krista are are the closest people to me. And I've actually newly rekindled this friendship with Johnny. That's been great. That started this summer where we've gotten close again. Sarah. I just went skiing with Sarah. I can't find the words. I'll just say that I had the same reaction to Donald Well. That was very emotional and really made me see how impactful this this has been all my life? What the donalds Sarah Chalk? Well, did you surprise us with Sarah Chalk?
Speaker 1: Bring her on?
Speaker 6: Dare you?
Speaker 7: Sarah? Are you there?
Speaker 3: Oh God, she's not gonna it's supposed to be a surprise ruin the getting off up. This is classic Sarah. She was supposed to be surprising. Now she can't get on the zoomzo.
Speaker 1: Look, she can't figure out the food.
Speaker 7: To be clear, I just had to run I can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, correctly, it's so eccuey of course.
Speaker 7: Wait a second, I can't tell I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's not a bit. You can edit the south down.
Speaker 3: We're not editing it out.
Speaker 2: You're looking at it out. It's my my first time on this podcast. I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. My Dan on my air pods, I'm hitting connect connecting.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well can you hear us through them? Or are you hearing us through your laptop?
Speaker 2: My laptop?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And it's not connecting.
Speaker 3: Soah's amazing you're here finale and this is the finale, and so let me know. Does it say that they're connected in the top like in the little Bluetooth part, does it say they're connected?
Speaker 2: I'm going to bluetooth it says connect. Charlie's air pods do that?
Speaker 1: You got to put them in your ear though too?
Speaker 2: Doing that?
Speaker 3: And what about how she's breaking up Donald Internet.
Speaker 1: Where are you at that you're breaking up like this?
Speaker 3: There? Okay, how's your signal? Because you're breaking up? Which is just deliciously perfect. Exactly in zoom and the bottom left of the window where the little microphone is, click that little up arrow and make sure microphone is set to air pods and speaker is set to AirPods.
Speaker 2: Microphone is set to audio settings, speaker, my test audio.
Speaker 3: It should be in the actual zoom window. And the bottom left is a little microphone that says mute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 3: I'm there in the arrow. So you see there's select a microphone and select a speaker. There's two there's the should be two options select cut any of this out please.
Speaker 2: There's not enough children. Okay, So I'm in. I clicked the microphone. I'm going up. It's say audio settings, leave computer audio, switch to iph audio, test micro and speakerphone, speaker, microphone.
Speaker 3: All above that. Is there anything above.
Speaker 2: That sot a microphone?
Speaker 3: Great, Charlie's air pods one of them?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Is or is there anything that's air pods? Is that one of them? What about selected speaker? Is AirPods one of those?
Speaker 2: Switched to iPhone? Switch to phone audio leave computer audio audio settings.
Speaker 3: No, it wouldn't be one of those.
Speaker 7: So why would the why would' the AirPods.
Speaker 6: Be showing up?
Speaker 3: Are the AirPods connected? And the bluetooth in the top doesn't say AirPods are connected.
Speaker 2: It just says just has a bluetooth thing, and I keep hitting connected and won't connect.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's probably why. Because your your parts, I'm not connected yet. Are they charged? Are they full? They're full of battery?
Speaker 6: Is there?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I'm just texting Piper to drivers over right now, she's two minutes away.
Speaker 3: Also, honestly, forget it. It's okay at this point, forget it. You sound fine? Sound fine?
Speaker 7: What about like what about like over your head?
Speaker 3: If you have those, that's great?
Speaker 2: Well please.
Speaker 3: So I just want the audience to be reminded that we've had Sarah on I don't know how many times, and every single time she cannot figure out how to get on a zoom call.
Speaker 1: Do you want to predict what next? Yeah? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: This is going to be a story, Yeah about why she didn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: No, there's going to be another story too.
Speaker 3: Oh, there'll be a general you're not going to believe what happened to me?
Speaker 1: Of course, yes, yes, absolutely, I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: She looks really beautiful though.
Speaker 1: She looks gorgeous. Oh my gosh, wow, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what's going on with that hair today, but she's looking.
Speaker 1: It's full of body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, full of body, very voluminous volume.
Speaker 6: Us.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, as soon as I get this going, we can discuss fashion then, because I was just as I was making breakfast this morning, listening to your fashion conversation.
Speaker 2: From uh, the Gucci, and I want to hear about the Gucci. Okay, wait now I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, so now go to go back to the microphone. Select the speaker. It should be external headphones. Are your headphones? They do they take battery? Are they like? They're plugged in? They're charged?
Speaker 2: Going and again select a speaker. Okay, so my headphones weren't quite jammed very far enough. Now it's external headphones.
Speaker 1: Clicked it.
Speaker 3: You sound great? The sound great.
Speaker 1: I can't hear you.
Speaker 6: I can't hear you can't hear us.
Speaker 2: External headphones is selected. I've got headphones on. They're plugged in.
Speaker 3: You said that for for that's for speaker, not microphone.
Speaker 1: I can't hear hold on, let me think there we go.
Speaker 3: You can hear us. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's pretend that never happens.
Speaker 1: No podcast take two.
Speaker 2: Your listeners don't have time for that. They don't if I can speak, I can't make that now listen.
Speaker 7: Definitely just happened.
Speaker 3: If our listeners get bored, they can skip ten seconds forward what is in seconds?
Speaker 1: They can skip the whole three to five minutes that it took for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sarah, how do you operate in your normal life?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How does it go down?
Speaker 2: I got it, I got text paper. Not to bring the headphones. I gotta figure out don't bring headphones? You know it goes down similar to this, like I poor wreckon morning. Every time I record, it's like either dealing with a brand newborn baby. I mean they're like, go to drop I'm like, you lost me a drop down menu?
Speaker 3: Do you ever get? Do you ever get home at the end of the day and get into bed and go, Wow, nothing weird or dramatic happened today?
Speaker 2: Because if I do that, if I do that, I've learned my lesson. If I do that, then something weird or what happened in the night.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's very pretty today, Sarah, why are you?
Speaker 1: Are you going pretty?
Speaker 3: No? But I mean there's Donald's so you just look very pretty.
Speaker 2: Right now, I sound really gross and stuffed up, so I apologize to all of you and to all of your listeners. Are yeah, but it's nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean like episode Oh.
Speaker 2: My, you guys.
Speaker 5: I know, right, I know, right right, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I was. I was. I got to be honest. I was clemmed.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It made me so nostalgic for the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Crazy, It was crazy.
Speaker 2: I did you have the thing where you're just like there's the montage at the end and it's you know, the flash for light. I had this like reverse montage after I stopped watching of Our Life for eight years.
Speaker 1: Just going back, Yeah, just going back, just.
Speaker 2: The whole thing, just and these weird snippets that would pop up of like you know, the dogs on the floor and as all the things that made it so special and so unique and so different than anything I ever you know, did before since Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Were just talking about that before you came on, about how you know, we were young and naive to think, oh this will this is great, but this will happen several times in my life, and it was such a rare just group, a really special connection between us.
Speaker 2: All it was and you.
Speaker 7: See it, like you know, it was so fun.
Speaker 2: Even just at the end of the episode, how they include just like a couple of behind the scenes little bits of everybody saying goodbye and hugging and then wrapping each of us out, and like, I mean, I remember, I don't remember what I did yesterday, but I remember that day. That's scene in the hallway of Zach walking down the hallway and leaving and everyone saying goodbye like it was yesterday. I mean, it left such a impression.
Speaker 3: There's a funny moment in that in those in those behind the scenes putage, and I remember this that you can hear Bill go, that's a wrap on Sarah Chalk and Donald Faison and then he goes to hug you guys. But then Colonel Dodson you can see in the video, Colonel.
Speaker 1: Doctor like I'm gonna say good night.
Speaker 3: First, Colonel Bill, Colonel Doctor, Colonel Doctor totally cock locked the hug between you and Donald and Sarah. Sorry, between you guys and Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, if I'm back.
Speaker 3: And uh, but then Colonel Doctor had to get his handshake in first, and then Bill was like, okay, all right, Colonel Doctor, and I'm gonna go hug the cast.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh my god, that's so such good.
Speaker 1: Now he's passed away since you know what I mean, like we get well, that's another thing looking at that, just like Sam seeing Sam again, you know what I mean? Like, oh man, it's just you know it all everybody. There's a lot of people that aren't with us anymore. There.
Speaker 7: I don't my head once you guys, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I do think it's funny that you're on a very popular show where you record audio and you have a sound booth, and for this you've chosen the most accuatey room in Canadi.
Speaker 1: She's somewhere, maybe she's not in Canada.
Speaker 3: Are you in prison? And the background looks like it could be a women's prison.
Speaker 7: I am, you know, but it's it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: Are you all dolled up for some reason? Or do you just look naturally beautiful right now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm gonna hang out here for a while. I'm dulled up for you guys. See some friends after going so bo who I did firefly ling with. She has a beautiful little baby, and so whenever she comes into town, we all get together. So I'm going to see her and then I'm going for dinner with the Gins you know who you know I love.
Speaker 3: But she has two best friends, both named Jen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, your night is packed. You know are You're gonna freaking be wasted when you get home. Sarah's gonna be so wind out. The Red Wine had a cosmopolitan Sharah, Sarah, Devil.
Speaker 5: Zach and Devil and Joel.
Speaker 2: I got to start my day with them, and then I'm gonna get all emotional.
Speaker 3: Sarah and I went skiing uh together with a group of friends. It was so fun and Sarah. I knew Sarah would be a good skier because she's Canadian, but she's really fucking good skier.
Speaker 1: See here's the thing. I knew you guys would all be good skiers because you're white. But that's just me.
Speaker 2: I have never had a sporting or sporting adjacent compliment in my entire life.
Speaker 3: Let me have this.
Speaker 2: You know, I remember on Scrubs you guys will play basketball outside. I remember trying to join once. All go well for me.
Speaker 1: Are you really a good skier? Like that you can.
Speaker 3: She can do anything.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 3: She's great. She undersold how good she was.
Speaker 1: She like doing spins and stuff down the hill.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing tricks, but she's flying. I mean. Our friend Preston is like like the best skier right now, and he does jumps and tricks and like he does nothing. He won't ski. He's the kind of guy who like hikes up to places where there's no lift and then skis down that ship. And I would see him fly by and be like damn, and then two seconds later Sarah be right behind him like Neil really fast.
Speaker 2: Well in Canada, that's I mean, it's the only I mean, I learned when I was five years old, and it's kind of like what you know, we did every weekend or we grew up at bottom of a little ski hill, so I would go skiing after school and that was my first job. I used to keep skiing at that little mountain.
Speaker 3: We had the best time, didn't we the.
Speaker 2: Best time the group except for except for we missed Donald and Casey so much so we would FaceTime them and cry, that is.
Speaker 1: The right answer.
Speaker 2: There's true, is the truth. So we got to do it again.
Speaker 1: I wish I was there too, But you want to talk about going slow, zech you would have looked like Sarah to to Casey and I. Neither one of us are scared. I mean, Casey's probably a really good skier, and I'm she's white. But the thing is me not saying this.
Speaker 3: But there are African American people who's kiy. I know that you're on this tip.
Speaker 2: But also Donald, it's all about the opera.
Speaker 1: I don't never see them when I watched these movies. When you watch how Tim Thomas she Krent Robinson looked out of place and all of that ship, like that ship just doesn't look right. Yet, we need a tiger wood.
Speaker 4: Jack and Joe Donald come on now, black and blue and people ski.
Speaker 3: I know Joel helped me out here.
Speaker 5: As a teenager. You used to Joel. Yeah, I'll Wisconsin. Do you love it? It's so much fun, Joel. You're the only black person in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, okay, but we have to do it to get a dog. You and Casey have to come and the whole like the fun sings fun, but like it's like the after stuff. I mean, it's the best.
Speaker 7: We played code names, connections, I Yam David Connections.
Speaker 3: We called this game called Code Names that I learned from the Lawrences because the Lawrence family loves it, and I brought it skiing and everyone it's all anyone wanted to do. We'd be like, okay, when are we playing Code Names? It's really addicting.
Speaker 2: It's fun, and everyone was so equally competitive, Like I thought of my flight home, I was like, I feel like I just played that game with eight of me.
Speaker 7: I'm extremely competitive in gaming, and everybody was very competitive. It got heated.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when we get together, you guys. We are a very competitive bunch. Like that's did Watching this also reminded me of like all the vacations we've taken together and stuff like that, and all the sporting contests that we've had. If you bought a cornhole game out at freaking scrubs, even if we didn't know how to play it, once we got the rules, it is fucking on, yo, let's go, and there'll be people upset, people like I, oh my gosh, I can't take losing. This is this is like I think.
Speaker 3: That's like cornhole.
Speaker 1: Have you ever played corn hole?
Speaker 3: Of course, it's it's Bill's obsessed with it. But I just thought you might like it because it's about like hitting a swosh.
Speaker 1: I love cornhole. I played that. Oh I used to. Oh my gosh, corn hole is fun. Yeah, it's uh. We could freaking have a corn hole competition or with beer and cornhole and the cast and crew of Scrubs reunited. It feels so good reunited.
Speaker 5: Way.
Speaker 3: Well, my god, this is amazing, Joelle, you are a good producer.
Speaker 9: I can't see him.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't have you.
Speaker 9: How do I get my camera going?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: I'll be this, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: There he is, Thank god, Johnny, please microphone, your headphones aren't working.
Speaker 9: Just for me, everything's working. I just can't see you.
Speaker 3: Jack We can see you, Joel. You did a good job.
Speaker 9: Hello Jackie, Hello, Hello Sarah.
Speaker 1: You look great. Johnny, dude, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 9: I'm fighting gravity. Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh, Johnny, I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: I talk about fucking competitive spirits and all that. Ship. Johnny comes on and right away, I feel great, motherfucker. Let's go.
Speaker 9: I'm fucking healthy as a mountain lion. I want to I'm just I'm randy.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you're here. We Joel surprised us. We talked about it. We said we should get Sarah and Johnny c on and then I didn't know if Joel was going to coordinate it all. So your beautiful surprise is to Donald and I anytime.
Speaker 7: All emails us, we say, I'd do anything.
Speaker 9: Sarah, I do. I watched the finale again the season. Do you have a bad angle? You look so beautiful in every goddamn shot, even in the handheld like rough sixteen millimeters stuff. Do you have a bad angle?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He's hot, man?
Speaker 2: Can we wind the clock back?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Look at you now? You look even hotter, so believable.
Speaker 2: It was crazy watching that episode because you see us like, you know, however many years ago. But then there's also the flashbacks to like the very first day and we were babies, like just babies.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that he flashed back to the pilot. That was like so extra dramatic to see how young we all looked.
Speaker 9: I of course forgot that that Billy is the last one in the frame with you.
Speaker 3: I know. That's when I that's when I cried, to be honest, when when why my tears were prepped from the long hallway thing and the projection on the screen. But then when Bill looked in my eyes and said good night, I just started crying.
Speaker 9: And plus he's totally flat. It's so great. He doesn't so well loaded up or any a fact.
Speaker 3: We should mention for those of you who don't know, that last beat with the janitor packing up the cloth that said goodbye, JD, that's Bill playing the janitor saying good night to me. And that's when I lost it.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, Johnny, we were talking about this for Zach, Sarah and I. I've yet to experience this again before or after, and I thought, you know, I honestly believed that I would experience this camaraderie, you know what I mean? Like all I did was watch this and be like, I need to be better. I need to be a better friend to these people, man, Like these are my family members, you know what I mean. That's what it felt like, you know. And it's just I don't know about you, but this just was I've yet to experience this type of connection ever again yet too. I want to ask you, are you were a veteran coming into this? Is this the same for you, is it different?
Speaker 9: The only thing that comes close is spending all that time in the Philippines with those guys on platoon because it was because the bullshit barometer was around zero, because they just had a revolution and there was a rumored takeover of the government for seemingly every Thursday, and it just felt so real. And so yeah, I've stayed tight with a half a dozen to those guys, but not like this though. I mean, we were together for nine years, sometimes fourteen hours a day, and just by virtue of arithmetic, that's more time than you can spend with your family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Johnny, I was saying how happy I am before you came on that we've reconnected of late, and it's just had so much fun with you this summer. Johnny taught me all the way. Johnny was my mister Miyagi for learning how to sauna cold plunge. And in addition to that, we we really got to reconnect and just be friends again. And I not that we weren't ever friends, but I mean really just spend time with each other because I was staying out in Malibu and I really, I really love that, man, I really I really cherish that we've gotten close again.
Speaker 9: Have you talked about any rumors about scrubs reunions? Has that ever come up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to. We don't want to over uh, we don't want to overpromise to the to the listeners. But we we talked about how there's the discourse.
Speaker 6: It's just gonna happen.
Speaker 1: We just got to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we mentioned I think the listeners know that the discourse has gotten more serious of late. It's just probably a matter of time.
Speaker 1: We got to figure this out.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't not after going like I was saying, how I hate this podcast now because it made me do something that I didn't do before, and that's watch our show. We had a good show, bro, dude, straight up? Oh shit is good? Dude, Like I look, that's one of the best season finales ever in series finales ever, in history of series finales, bro period. I'll give fuck what you say. That's up there, Yo, that's up there. And you know me, I don't watch television. I only watch series finales. That's my jam. That's my motherfucking jams. He doesn't watch TV shows. He occasionally we've mentioned shows we love and He's like, oh, yeah, I just watched the finale of that.
Speaker 9: I've heard on the show before Donald insinuate that, but I always thought I thought you were fronting Donald.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, that's it.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest one was Watchman. Right, you watched the Watchman finale?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I did no Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: I never Yeah, he only watched the Breaking Bad and.
Speaker 1: I just watched the Breaking Bad finale.
Speaker 2: I love this, doll, because I feel like I never have time when we get caught up whatever. I'm just getting into Finales.
Speaker 1: Just Finales, Man, it's the best. But we fucking crushed dude. Holy shit. Wow, you want to talk about sticking the landing?
Speaker 5: How am I crying at something? Look, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, granted, I was a part of the show and we're looking back and it's fucking nostalgic and all of that shit, But that's not what started the whole thing. What started the whole thing was that turnaround the motherfucking corner. How many times does this motherfucking turned around the corner at the end of the show. It's one, it's two, And as an actor on the show, I'm recognizing the hall Okay, he's on the fucking third floor. That's the second floor. Oh shit, here we go. And he turns the corner and he doesn't go out the way that you can't go out. Also, that's another thing, you, guys. The reason why you never see us walk in the front and you always see us walk in the back is because the front is gated so that the freaking nutsos outside can't get into the hospital because that's an actual real entrance. So do you only see us walk in through the from the inside, and you'll always see us walk out the backing exit. That's because that's the only way in and there's a security guard at the end of the motherfucking thing stopping anyone from getting in. And I mean, because we have problems with Urgent K two. Right.
Speaker 3: The joy I have you, guys, Johnny and Sarah, is that Donald has truly never watched the show Scrubs.
Speaker 9: And you swear to God, I thought, I swear to I thought that was the front.
Speaker 3: No, it's not broke, not a bit. And so you're listening to a man who's not only been moved by the show, but who has truly seen the show for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first sight.
Speaker 3: That's so fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's good, dude, Look yo, for real, I didn't know. I didn't I look and that and that's what triggered. Holy shit, I fucking was a hard is something that you know, it doesn't get better than this, man, and I'm searching for it, and I'm chasing it now. And that's I've been trying to chase this fucking high for the past since we wrapped, since season nine, I've been trying to chase this high since season nine.
Speaker 5: Day one of season nine, I was trying to.
Speaker 1: Let's get that scrubs feeling back, Let's get that fucking script. Man, I can't get it.
Speaker 9: How's your experience on John Cryer on You and John Cryer Show.
Speaker 1: I love them, I love everybody there, you know, but we're only in season one. If we get eight seasons, I hope that we But.
Speaker 3: It's also a different vive because it's a sitcom and you're not there the amount of hours, and you're and you guys are older, and you're not like going out and partying and hanging out together, and.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, absolutely right, we've yet to We've we've gone out to dinner and stuff like that and have had drinks and stuff like that, but you know, like it's crazy, coach. So with y'all, I could say anything and you guys will be like, Donald, you've taken it. You're taking it too, you know what I mean. Calm down, you're drunk. Don You're a little like Zach can call me up the next day and be like, Donald, you were so fucking drunk last night. Let's trust and that's not try not to be that tonight. I'll be like, right, you know what I mean, Let's chill. You know what I mean. These guys can't do that shit. If I'm drunk, They're like, God damn, this motherfucker is gone.
Speaker 5: So somebody says something, I'm not saying nothing.
Speaker 1: You say something, I'm not gonna say nothing, like I don't have that connection. I don't have that connection.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Sarah Is we started at twenty four, like you're saying, like it's sixteen seventy and this was before networks had budgets. Really, so we were there like you weren't twenty two seventeen eighteen hours.
Speaker 3: Like when you start.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years old, don't even try it.
Speaker 2: Twenty four, twenty five, twenty four we started. He's twenty six, I'm nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I thought you were seventy five this whole time, sir.
Speaker 3: I'm seventy five. She's seventy four.
Speaker 7: Remember seventy four, seventy five, seventy six.
Speaker 2: Don't take a year.
Speaker 1: Shit, I will not do that again. I was trying to catch you in a lie.
Speaker 7: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: If I was go alive at my age, I wouldn't be doing it over a year.
Speaker 7: It would be like.
Speaker 1: Team all right, so go about it. Seventy four It's okay. So you were you were twenty four years twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, twenty four six, And I mean, like everybody was going to the Money Tree on Friday nights at you know, eleven pm.
Speaker 7: We'd say there till two, like.
Speaker 2: I I mean, I remember when we'd go to Friturdays and the wine and cheese tray would come out at like six pm. Cheese, Why she's Fridays?
Speaker 3: I mean there was no So I think we're all saying that it would be fun to do a reboot, is what we're saying.
Speaker 2: One of the things like and when you watch the finale, I feel like it's the stuff like it moved me so much. But then it's like the tiny little clips where would cut to like Donald dancing. I mean I could watch all dance all day, every day, all day long. It cuts to you know, when Zach and Judy were doing their goodbye scene and like that, just the two of you saying goodbye made me like tear up again, like my welling moments were like I cried the second you know, the hallways full, minutes empty when you turn back around, and then the montage obviously with that song. But then it was like when everybody was hugging goodbye, like it's broke her.
Speaker 3: All right, why don't we do a proper count in Donald and then we're going to go through the episode now because you haven't we've just been rambling. We forgot to count into the show.
Speaker 1: But we haven't started the show yet.
Speaker 3: But do you want stay to do it in German? Just because we can?
Speaker 2: Do you have French German?
Speaker 3: Do you want French French but in a sexy French before but she hasn't turned it up to like a sexy French and.
Speaker 1: She could do sexy German because that's.
Speaker 2: Try me, try me sex ziebin.
Speaker 3: At No, I think we're more interested in sex. I got no movement. Let me see.
Speaker 1: I mean you were your your face is beautiful and the way your face looked when you said it was great. But that ship kind of scared me.
Speaker 3: But Sarah produced the audience counting from five to one in French place.
Speaker 2: Thanks set.
Speaker 1: Here's some stories show we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses.
Speaker 5: He said, he's the stories Net. So yanda here yea here.
Speaker 3: By the way, I should mention, speaking of French guys, I have a really fun French Canadian movie coming out called The French Girl with Vanessa Hudgens, and I think it'll be on or places on the interwebs on March fifteenth, so please check it out. Sorry, you'll like it. It's half in French.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it. I've seen the trailer. It looks like it looks like my kind of movie. Anyways, it's not my alley and to have it like half French half English, I'm o really excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna laugh. It's very funny. All right, let's get into the TV show Scrubs, the finale of what we believe to be the proper show eight seasons of the Real Show Scrubs, Jady and Elliott are in bed together and we learned that Elliot's been sneak moving in and jad She says he wants morning sex. Elliott says that he can have it only if if she just lies there, which we I recently learned is a term called a pillow princess. Ah, yes, that's if you're just someone who just lies there and doesn't put any work in Donald, have you heard that? No, I don't get out much. Yes, joell have you heard the turn pillow princess? Okay, that's what Elliot's doing. She's being a pillow princess. We're in the coffee shop and Ted. It turns out he's eating dirt. He's drinking a coffee full of dirt because he's insulted one of the baristas.
Speaker 1: Kelso said he's insult Kelso made up a rumor that he insulted the barrista, and he said that his coffee tastes like dirt, and so the barista, to get back at Ted, puts dirt in the coffee. But it's Kelso who made up the.
Speaker 3: Ted still trying to drink it. He's going to commit and try and drink the dirt.
Speaker 1: It's good dirt. That's what he says at the end.
Speaker 3: And Kelso says that he's not going to be hanging around the coffee shop anymore. He too, is going to be moving on and.
Speaker 1: He's going to take the table and chairs. Which is very interesting because that's what everybody tried to do with Rowdy. Everyone kind of had an attempt, like, I know, I try too, but he wasn't there the last day.
Speaker 3: I think everybody knew that that people had their eyes on Rowdy and they see the security guards were circling.
Speaker 1: Did you guys take anything Like I got scrubs and I got like, like some of the clothes from.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I have? I have the antler I'm looking at them, the foam antlers that I wore in the pilot when I'm when I'm a deer in headlights. I have those.
Speaker 1: Be careful. Disney's gonna come and get that ship. They go come and.
Speaker 3: Get that Johnny. Did you take any any mementos? Johnny?
Speaker 1: I think it's a jinks.
Speaker 9: I've always felt like you should leave it. You should leave it on the set. I don't ever take stuff off of sets.
Speaker 2: Interesting jinx in what way?
Speaker 9: Like, what would the that you're taking work home with you? And I think you should do everything you can to leave it on the set. And so I think when people will accumulate too much shit from sets, I feel like that they should have gotten a done in the frame and left it there. And I've always felt that way, and so I don't ever, never, never think it's it's it's completely bull headed, irish bullshit. But uh, that's what I've done, all right.
Speaker 1: I've kept quite a few things from different sets. I like that idea, though, because you're right, it accumulates and you look at the ship and you're like, damn, why do I still have this script episodes somewhere, you know what I mean. So I'm sure I've given them up. I had my Remember the Titans jersey. I gave it up for auction. I think like that I signed it and gave it all.
Speaker 9: That's what you gotta do, you know, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I found my audition sides. I don't like keep.
Speaker 2: I don't save very much, but I found the the sides, the highlighted sides from the other But that's genius.
Speaker 9: That's not from the set. That's that was that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And my appointment sheet too that has like you know, showing up at NBC like for the tests. At the end, I met and I remember it just brought back all the memories, like sitting in your car beforehand, just going like it doesn't matter what happens in the car, it's got to happen in there, and just like the of adrenaline when you watch.
Speaker 3: I had a series of songs that I would listen to, like as a ritual because I kept getting callbacks. So I had like a series of songs that I would listen to in my car before I went to each road back just before they remember. I remember one was I think there's a Radiohead song stop whispering, start shouting, and and I love that song. And to me, it was like, you know, come on, motherfucker, stop being, don't be shy, don't be don't be wimpy, like stop whispering, start shouting, go get this part, go fucking crush. It was like an anthem.
Speaker 2: I love that. I it was after go ahead, well, I was gonna say. Also, the outfit became a bit of a superstition because I remember I wore, and I wore this thing to the first audition and there were four so once I had a call back, and then the next callback and the next call back.
Speaker 7: I remember one was like two in a row, and I was like, I don't have time to watch it.
Speaker 2: But at this point I made I got to wear the uniform because when I first moved to LA, I remember wearing like, I don't know what I would wear. Like I had these like plaid bell bottoms, these runners and this T shirt that I thought was like super cool and it was for Aaron Spelling and there were seven of us and all the other girls had a tight black TikTok tight black pants and black high heeled boots and I was like, yuess, there's a uniform. Like I guess this is just like what you have to do. So that's what I wore the Scrubs cad.
Speaker 3: I wore my I wear the same outfit after every callback too, we did, but it was yours. It was just a you know, a light blue button down shirt. But I just was like, this shit's lucky. I'm on like the third callback. This shit's getting worn every single time. I wore it up until the sixth callback.
Speaker 1: My shit was all about releasing after every audition, you know what I mean. And so my release ship would be like Eminem, I just don't give a fuck. And I would play that shit as loud as fuck and scream that ship with him, I just don't give a fuck. I'll never that was That was it. So when you see me on your block saying fuck the world like Tupac, I just don't give a fuck. That was my mantra. I used to love that song.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this, this goodbye JD sign. I think, as I recall, Bill came to me he might deny this now and said, do you have any cool visual ideas for the end? And I had done some projection on faces, both in Garden State and in a student film at Northwestern, where I had kind of thought that I had seen that somewhere and I had done that, and I thought that looks really cool when you project images and focus on people's faces. And I believe that's where he had the Then he took that and ran with it and came up with this very clever idea to establish the Goodbye JD sheet that hangs that well that eventually will pay off with being a movie screen, which was, oh, you know.
Speaker 9: Where else we see that Zachi in Cinema Paradisio. Yes, we get the we get the projection on the face, and I don't know, have you ever seen that? It's kind of an obscure foreign film.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's beautiful. I'm sure I'm not the only person to do it, but I think I loved it. And I hadn't done it, no doubt. We hadn't done it on scrubs. So I thought like, oh, this is something I've done and looks cool, and it might be it might be perfect, And it really was. We we'll get there and we get to the end. But those those images projected on JD's face was so pretty.
Speaker 1: Is Elliott's brother Barry he's transitioned.
Speaker 3: Because well he has g's. Yes, Well, JD asks if he says, they did a dynamite job on his breasts. Are they g's?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: Are they d's?
Speaker 1: I thought, she said she and then she says double d's.
Speaker 3: She corrects him that they're not. Geez, they're double d's. But g's in the ballpark.
Speaker 1: There's e FG. But yeah, sure for sure, bro.
Speaker 3: But you're jumping a bit donald because first that was.
Speaker 5: All in bed in the morning at the beginning.
Speaker 2: That was the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry, you're right, you're right, you're right. Then we do a big spinning. Before we did the spinning Eagle, I saw that those are like the stunt mats in the in the parking lot, and I was like, did they really not frame out the stunt mats that we used all the time. And then I remember that in the world of the show, Turk has purchased giant mats so he can do a final giant spinning.
Speaker 6: Wigle, This is so good.
Speaker 5: Find the mat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was funny. Find the mat, Find the mat.
Speaker 2: Fall my voice, but Doll's like calling out to thus best.
Speaker 3: Now Elliott and and Uh and Carla are trying to make fun of our hugs. Oh my god, we have another surprise visitor. This is incredible. Joelle Miller. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Joel, my favorite people want to play.
Speaker 3: Let's go underous applause, Daniel, Bill Lawrence and Christa Miller.
Speaker 5: The heck we got ratings?
Speaker 3: Mand Wow, how long wait did you? How long were you both planning on doing this because you kept a secret from me?
Speaker 10: Yeah, for full disclosure, I wanted to go to Zach's hey, what's up, Sarah.
Speaker 2: I already did the content. I did the countin. I'm sorry, it's okay, five six, seven eight, it's happened.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: I'm not I'm not anyto those jokes anymore. No, I said that I would come for this last one. By the way, we also had a plan, but then christ is in a horrible mood, so she's been yelling at me.
Speaker 6: We were going to be.
Speaker 10: Doing a shrinking podcast and she was so annoying. Right before you guys let us in, we lost.
Speaker 6: We threw our bits out. I had a batman mask.
Speaker 11: He doesn't he doesn't look cute in it. I didn't look for him.
Speaker 6: And christ said that it was stupid.
Speaker 3: Look what we're where?
Speaker 11: Oh no, I did it.
Speaker 10: And then Christa said it was stupid and uh and then she's like, how long do we have to fucking wait for this podcast?
Speaker 6: I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: It does not sound like wait, build, wait build, and then by the way, and then wait.
Speaker 6: Zach agreed to do it.
Speaker 10: And then I texted you to come over and use your cold plunge and you said I have a podcast at one and I was like, oh right, I forgot.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I literally I was working with Bill till late last night and it was late and I was like, I don't I just don't have the balls to ask him if he wants to come on and do the finale, like he's so fried, I'm so fried, Like I'm not going to like even ask him. And then this morning we were like, hey, do you want to get in the sauna? And I was like, I have to do the Scrubs podcast and you were like, oh okay, and then that was and then not who you are. It's so funny.
Speaker 10: I wish it could be me being cute, but I had for if we had not texted Dan and Joel would just know as a faky person again, I would just not be here again.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, in my mind, much like JD and Cox, in my mind, you were excited to participate for weeks.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Jacky that it's been so much fun to have you be the director.
Speaker 11: I'm shrinking this week and you're my favorite director.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: You haven't directed yet, Szaky. Thank you for being there for me this week. You just made it so great.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun. We're having the best time. And I love Bill. I know you don't like sincerity, but I'm just having I have so much on working with you both. And uh, and the show is so good this year, and and uh it's just an honor.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 1: I love you guys so much. We've been talking about how, you know, watching this finale just for us, for Zach, Sarah and Johnny and myself. You know, I've been chasing this high, chasing this for the longest, like I sincerely had never watched Scrubs. And then like we we watched it. No, but listen, we watched it for the whole We watched we watched it for the rewatch and I'm crying. I was crying watching it, like not only was I a part of one of the best shows to be on television, but like, dude, one of the best fucking finales in the history Nally's dude.
Speaker 12: They're never good, they always said, always so, And.
Speaker 1: We did not fucking do that. Bill. We stuck that ship so hard. We were like fucking Gabby Douglas out this bad boy bomb, hands up in the air, man, like such an amazing.
Speaker 11: I know, and then putting the video screen.
Speaker 6: With this is not who you were before this started.
Speaker 11: I love you so much, friends, the love of my life. Talented.
Speaker 3: I would watch this podcast just.
Speaker 6: You're the goot baby.
Speaker 10: You guys want some was lovely? You want some pun finale tribute? So, first of all, do you guys talk about this is the finale Scrubs? See you guys know as the finale Scrub, right, So that's always on the internet. And because I don't know if you guys are even we haven't decided, you know, ultimate it's my decision, as is my podcast, if we're going to do the ninth season or not. Daniel and Joel and I are talk about. But the ninth year of Scrubs was a spinoff and it even have a different title. And I always think it's a bad rap because a lot of those kids were really good and anytime you three run the show was awesome.
Speaker 6: But this one was such a fun finale.
Speaker 10: And I'll tell you guys, the one easter egg only the writing room knows about is JD's last speech when he walks through the hall is about being a TV writer. And so that's how we did the finale of this show.
Speaker 6: So we were.
Speaker 10: All sometimes when you sit in the writer's room, especially when it's really late, and you're like, oh, what's the point of this? And so I think it's a speech. It's a little it was a little rough of a metaphor for a doctor. But we said, if you sometimes you make people feel I'm going for memory feel good, even for a couple of minutes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That, Uh, that's the best you can hope for. And uh, it.
Speaker 10: Was barely a thin metaphor to what would be like to be a doctor, and you delivered it quite well, Zach.
Speaker 6: And we didn't know if we were gonna be able to pull it off.
Speaker 10: And if you remember this, so and I didn't know how long that was that my alogue was going to be. So I just made you walk around the halls and circles for a while. I hadn't written it.
Speaker 5: That's what that is, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I thought that was like fucking I thought that was I thought it was so poetically.
Speaker 6: Now do you remember.
Speaker 2: So each of us got one episode with the voiceover, and I remember online there wasn't a script that Monday morning, and so you said, we're not sure what it's going to be so just give us some different faces.
Speaker 7: And emotions, and so I didn't know was gonna be happ Resides.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, oh my god, I can't believe that it was so well done. I'm sitting there watching it, like, that's the freaking second floor. Oh my god, he's that's the that's the hallway right around where we did the freaking dance. Here comes here, it comes, here, it comes and then he comes around that corner.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm freaking crying like a baby.
Speaker 1: Casey walks by, and my face it looked like somebody punched me in the face. And you know how when you get punched in the nose, how you can't stop tears. And it's just like all over. I'm sitting there watching scrubs. I can't even see it through. Dude, I didn't know we did this. I did not know it took us. It took me twenty what, I'm fifty years old this year.
Speaker 6: He worked on something good and I'm never.
Speaker 5: Gonna fucking get this again. And that's what fucking kills me, man, It kills me.
Speaker 3: Bill, he had no idea he was on a good show until.
Speaker 5: It was a good shield because of the way the fans are.
Speaker 1: But I had no idea with this fucking good bro like from front to end, from start to finish.
Speaker 11: It's that doctor Graham.
Speaker 12: It's like those TikTok things when people go I was just today years old when I found out.
Speaker 6: It was just today your goal. I found out Scrubs was good.
Speaker 1: Scrubs.
Speaker 5: No, that's not what I'm saying. I knew it was good.
Speaker 1: I always I've known it's good. But it's like it's perfect season nine?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but we should have stopped it at season No.
Speaker 10: We'll talk about that as another point. Because it wasn't Scrubs anymore. It is a spin off. Everybody got another year of work.
Speaker 6: If it had been called, it would.
Speaker 10: Be called what it was supposed to be called, which was Med School. Nobody would have judged it as harshly. I tell you, I've watched those because you know it's not Scrubs.
Speaker 6: With all the writers did a good job.
Speaker 10: I still remember Eliza Coop and uh Mike Mosley and uh Dave Franca was funny and it was a carriage. Would not have been under as much scrutiny, but this was the end of Scrums. My only regrets about the finale, where one was Brendan Fraser was off doing a movie and I thought he should have been in that hallway and it really bummed me out. And the and then he wanted to be you know, because he's always been lovely. I think, you know, he came on here, you know, he's always been lovely about our show and grateful for it. And then the weird one was NBC kept there to employed, not because we had moved to ABC. NBC kept their two employees from doing the show, which was a gift shop girl and uh MASSI remember him MASSI okay, I think his name was Yeahs. And then because they were on two NBC shows like no, they can't come be in the final montage and I, that's so petty and silly.
Speaker 1: Let's think.
Speaker 6: Uh so, here's the other things that make me laugh.
Speaker 10: I ran into Tom Cavanaugh in New York and he said, even though he was the bad guy on Flash for eight years, when people see him in the city, they still go, hey, little brother, because.
Speaker 1: That's when it started. That's when the tears started right then, and there, Hey little brother, I'm gonna cry that's what this was really just Oh shit, I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 5: It was like out of nowhere, dude, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, Now what about sorry? Go ahead, Bill, you go, you go. I was gonna say, what was the process like? Because you know, obviously the writing was so good and you nailed all these moments between everyone, But what was the process do you remember for for organizing getting all of those those people there to be a part of that last moment? I mean I remember filming it and and it was so so clever and so moving.
Speaker 1: Oh you're nice.
Speaker 10: Look, I never knew when this show was going to end after the first five years, because then it was just weird and bouncing around and stuff and still successful. But remember NBC didn't own it, and so they always treated it like a step shot a little bit. So the one thing I always had locked and loaded because I knew I was gonna I had to write the finale.
Speaker 6: And you guys, An'll know, I hate writing. That's why you were always standing around waiting for scenes. He's hated it, and I do the uh. But I knew that the ending of this show was the lion.
Speaker 10: Who's to say my fantasies couldn't come true just this once, right, So I knew that, and I didn't know if we'd be able to pull off the hallway thing. But the coolest thing was the sheer volume people we called that just said they'd show up, you know, and everybody was super duper.
Speaker 1: Cool about it. So, uh, it's neat.
Speaker 6: I wish.
Speaker 10: I wish everybody, like literally everybody could have been the other person that couldn't make it because he was literally shooting a show.
Speaker 6: Was fully who was right.
Speaker 3: And there was some reason that Doug wasn't there too Johnny Castle either day.
Speaker 10: But Doug had a health issue his family. It's why he stopped acting. He moved back to Connecticut, his dad had her mom had a health issue, and he left acting.
Speaker 6: But you know, because he went back there to uh, you know, kind of help take care of his family, he couldn't be around out it. Scott always my favorite version, the biggest.
Speaker 10: He must have talked about it on your podcast because I can't believe. In the finale episode, I called it your podcast that hurts the because Scott Polways still no matter what he posts or no matter what he says, somebody writes and nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Shot he said.
Speaker 2: They anytime in my family, anyone any like it comes back most days, nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Shun Yes. Scott fully told me that he'll do some Instagram posts like on his anniversary, like talking about how amazing his wife is and how like his life couldn't be what it was if it wasn't for her, and people like all the comments are nobody cares.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm so proud of my kids. Nobody cares.
Speaker 12: And Sarah yesterday we were like finishing up or the day before for the night and everyone's like, I'm getting my mic takeoff and Jessica's like, I just need one more and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, Sarah or.
Speaker 2: He wants one more when she's home. And there were so many good songs on the show and anytime I'm in another set and nobody gets it. So just like in my head every single time, every time, and they say turn around, in my head, I'm like, turn around and don't care. Turn around it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 1: All right, I got it.
Speaker 10: I got a topic for all of us, and hey, a quick time, Daniel. You can edit stuff out if Zach wants.
Speaker 3: To edit it out right, Sure of course, yes, but we're not going to edit anything out.
Speaker 11: You keep talking, Just go to the laser quickly, because I didn't know I was going to stay.
Speaker 3: That means in that, That means in that.
Speaker 6: She'll come back.
Speaker 10: You know, Donald was talking about kind of chasing that high again. And you rarely have an opportunity except when we do it for social reasons, for you know, the five of us to be together, don't you guys all have you know. I don't mean to approach a familiar topic, but like when we live in a world of people always going, hey, you're gonna do that show.
Speaker 6: Again, or you're gonna reboot it, or you're gonna whatever.
Speaker 10: For me, the one appealing thing about that on this particular show is the people. And I haven't had a situation yet. You try to create all the time that you know, I ended up friends with everybody. I still spend time with everybody up here. Yeah, I can with Schalky because she is a different country. It's such an interesting topic because I don't think the coolest thing about how talented you all are is everybody here works when they want to or does too super Bowl commercials whenever they want to.
Speaker 6: For this year, dude to this year before.
Speaker 10: But like for me, the most appealing thing about ever doing that show again is the people in.
Speaker 6: Front of end behind the camera.
Speaker 10: You know, I miss the rioters too, because one of the things that catapulted so many people's careers, the way writing in TV works. You never get to work with each other again because everybody's off doing and creating their own shows because they're all rock stars.
Speaker 1: You know, Bill, I feel like if we I've been talking so much shit on this freaking extended Family Press tour, which comes on eight thirties on NBC and also on Peacock the day after on Tuesday nights. The thing is, I've been doing so much shit talking like people are asking me Kelly. Kelly Clarkson asked me, yo, so what's up with scrubs? And I've been going out there saying, Oh, We're gonna fucking do it. We just got to get everybody.
Speaker 5: Ig Is it not a mistake?
Speaker 10: Billat the greatest honor in television?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: So I want to ask you guys, are you were all feeling about it?
Speaker 10: Just just even as an idea is to be in a position you get to do something fun creatively if you want to I don't know something I still think about a lot.
Speaker 6: Is it you guys same way, Zach Johnny.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you absolutely, and working with you on on shrinking and collaborating with you makes me very nostalgic for how fun it was. And then of course doing this, I mean I cried, man, and I was before you got on. I was saying, you know, my eyes were welling when I was doing the hallway thing, and then I turn around and no one's there, and I got goosebumps. But then when I come outside and you just look at me and totally straight say good night, that I just started crying, like tears streaming down my face. That was so I have just a very very special place in my heart for this and all these people.
Speaker 2: You know, you're young, and you do and you leave it and you're like, yeah, that's a job, that's what jobs are like, but they're not and you know they're not. And then you watched like.
Speaker 7: I watched the Finelly and.
Speaker 2: The montage scene. I mean, I that song and I was saying, it was amazing when before you guys came out a t and I'm like, and then it cuts to like all the behind the scene stuff of like everyone being wrapped out and saying goodbye and hugging. And I was a mess. I mean, that's not how it usually is. And I, you know, I remember like it was yesterday that day I was.
Speaker 12: Henry was asking me about it because he started to watch my son Henry and what you guys know. But and I said, but you don't understand. We were all we weren't like going a location. You know, we had some locations, but we were all in a hospital together with dogs, with the writers, with everybody, with everyone was there, which is also so you.
Speaker 2: It's so unique like on any show after that, because that was like my first job. There's been shows I've done where you don't meet any of the writers at all. And we were all at the lunch truck together every day or going down to the writer's room or hanging out the hallway, and so it was so foreign to me that, you know, you work on a show where you literally don't ever interact with the whole writing staff.
Speaker 12: And how about how when you saved that girl's life? This girl is we had cake for someone, like if it was someone's birthday, and she came up the stairs and she booking and came up to where the actors were and she was choking and Sarah did the Heimlich and saved her life.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 6: Are you guys sure that wasn't like a see story on one of the episodes that.
Speaker 2: Don't take this for me?
Speaker 1: Do not you remember.
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 2: I remember that now? And I was saying to these guys before you guys came on, Like watching that montage was like this, you know, flashboard of JD's life. But for me, it was like this montage in my mind after the episode finished, the credits world of that whole eight years. It was these flashes of like the dogs in the hallway and everybody having lunch together in the Money Tree on Friday nights, and like just the amount that we laughed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could watch it.
Speaker 10: That montage seen Johnny C having to hug Zach or makes me so happy.
Speaker 7: The look on your face, the look on your face, hug.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and look. Another one of my favorite moments we haven't talked about yet is Johnny C telling Sonny how much he loved Zach and how what a spectacular person and doctory was and Zach's face, like that face that was beautiful and like the inhale of the breath you take.
Speaker 12: Like this is guilty, all of us happy, like with the song and the montage, like with the kids and then laughing.
Speaker 1: But you predicted it, Bill, You predicted it. It's what we have now. I don't have that with anybody else. You know what I mean. You predicted it. At the end of the fucking show. You showed everybody this group of people is special and we're gonna be together for the rest of our lives. Our kids are going to meet each other. You know what I mean. All of this stuff, all of the things that happened at the end of the show happened in real life, dude.
Speaker 3: Except Johnny, except Johnny C in real life doesn't mind it when we hold you.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing't like me offering other people in his bounty Zach.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I don't know other people. The context of that is we were Bill. Bill had a friend and come over, and Bill offered the friend if he wanted an espresso from Johnny's espresso machine, and Johnny was like, only only I am allowed to offer he was that is my he goes that, Johnny C goes, that is my bounty. Why are you offering my bounty to change the way.
Speaker 10: Everybody laughs and hear this stuff, but when it said to you, it's not said like a haha moment.
Speaker 9: Because he was surpriving me to flourish. You're taking that away from me.
Speaker 3: Take that away from me.
Speaker 6: In like thirty seconds percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we use the Dodge pickup truck.
Speaker 9: I like to go down and use the.
Speaker 6: Golf check.
Speaker 9: To bring your kids over and put them on the fucking trampoline.
Speaker 10: You go ahead, let me offer sometimes it's my bounty to offer for I just I.
Speaker 3: Just love that Johnny called his espresso pods his bounty.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you when I was watching. When I was watching, had a strange reaction to watching the finale. I just I regret it not getting to know Sammy better than I did, because I knew Sammy casually on the set. But I guess I was selfishly too wrapped up on my own ship and I never got to know Sammy. And when I see him, and he's such a comic genius, it always just destroys me and it fills me with regret, love and all that. But I just I didn't get to know him.
Speaker 6: I played it whenever you see him.
Speaker 9: That's how it impacts me.
Speaker 6: I was lucky sees in my basketball game for twenty years.
Speaker 10: He's a shockingly good basketball player, and uh, but what a lovely you know.
Speaker 6: We show and almost every they're talking about samm Lloyd is Chris Lloyd's nephew.
Speaker 10: Since if you notice the familiarity, but he played Ted the Attorney. He was on Spin City too, he was on Cougartown. I just he's been a buddy of mine and just always thought he was a comedic genius and my favorite if you have a chance to go back and watch it. So I've showed almost every young actor that talks about physical comedy is Sam.
Speaker 6: In a scene with Donald he needed on a table for his hand to slip and then to hit his head on the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's.
Speaker 10: A stunt person trying to show him how to do it. He's like, I'm just going to do it.
Speaker 6: It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 10: It looks soful, partially because he slams his head after he slips, and then mostly because he drifts into Ken Jenkins's lap and then just call.
Speaker 3: Talk about let's talk about a topic that I think the audience will be super interested in. Is is Glenn Matthews really the janitor's name?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So we've had this argument a lot because Neil Flynn, by the way, uh such a lovely dude. He wanted to know. And then we talked about his name being Glenn. We said for fun because you guys know, we used to do weird Easter eggs. I do him on one show to another show, like you know in I think it's in the finale?
Speaker 6: Is in the finale? You just watched it when Sarah's given up her place and she lives with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you say, I feel I should have been told.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: That is a line from the pilot of Spin City.
Speaker 6: Mike Fox's girlfriend carl Regina.
Speaker 10: He said, everybody's coming over for work Tonight's there was a crisis in the pilot. He's like, you'd probably crash at your own place, and she's like, I don't have one, and he got He's like what. She goes, I give up my apartment like three months ago. He's like, so we lived together. I feel like I shouldn't. And then she's like that's She's like she's like always stops here. Who did that picture of her? There's my parents? Who do you think they were? He's like, I thought they came with the frame and Mike was so good at it, so we put east Eggs everything. The point of that was Neil was like, all you guys nicely. Neil did a voice of the janitor on calling High, and the janitor's name on Going High was Glenn, and we decided back then that his name would be Glenn. And we came up with Matthews because Neil liked the joke of having a list fort he his kid a kid, so his name is Mafo.
Speaker 3: So when so in the world of scrubs, even though he was in the fugitive, the name that which would make you his name Neil Flynn. He clearly lied to whoever created the credits.
Speaker 10: There are so many friend janitor, so many people on the on the Internet would say, obviously the janitor's name is Neil Flyinn because of what it said. And then in the writer's room we wasted a day arguing by saying, if he's lied to everyone about his name, about where he's from and what he does, which is why we did that funny story then you could never say he didn't lie about his name back then, So all that it means is the janitor at one point was an actor on The Fugitive who lied and said his name was Neil Flynn.
Speaker 3: But then when Deontay, when Deontay comes by and he says, hey, Tommy that he's lying to Deontay.
Speaker 12: His wife only has the pinky and four finger to Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the best parts of this whole episode was Neil's fucking run about midnight and tom.
Speaker 10: And I said, my favorite, by the way, the only thing in the finale that we hadn't figured out years before, and I wish I could take credit for one of the writers in the writer's room.
Speaker 6: Was the idea that.
Speaker 10: You did put a penny in the door, and the janitors saw me do it.
Speaker 6: That's that's why he's been tortured for nine years.
Speaker 1: That was such a That was such a great moment, man like, because I knew that he put the penny in the door, because we've discussed this before.
Speaker 3: Well, he didn't do it on purpose.
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought there was going to be a malicious story coming. And then he's like, fine, I put the penny in the door. It fell out of my pocket and it rolled all the way there, and I fucking I was nervous.
Speaker 5: It was my first day. He goes, I know I saw it.
Speaker 1: He's like, you knew this time. I was like, holy shit, that was great.
Speaker 6: And they could have been by the way, they could have been great friends.
Speaker 5: They could have been.
Speaker 10: Why we obsessed that in the writer's room because the only two people that had ludicrous fantasy lives in their brain were JD and the janitor. Theyre just said his out loud about manatee and uh weird three fingered wives and all that other stuff.
Speaker 1: Dreamanity didn't exist.
Speaker 6: No, it's just but he's but JD said he saw him.
Speaker 5: I think I saw him, man.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I think JD was just unconscious underwater. Okay, No, it's funny.
Speaker 3: We were we were on Shrinking last night and Bill was saying someone something to someone like, I forgot what what was the tea up? You said something like I don't like things to get too broad, And I was like, really, because I recall an ostriche. I recall an ostriche stealing Donald's kango.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The worst the best broad moment on that show, which when I just like the wheels were off.
Speaker 6: It's true because Cabin is so good at what he does.
Speaker 10: He's a production designer of all my shows and movies and all this other stuff was we went. We left Friday, and we'd written the janitor was living in a sand castle he had built with like construction dirt in the parking lot, and we expected to be like a kid's playhouse, you know when you see those when you come in. I driven to work Monday and there was like a two story sick.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, let's take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after these fine words. Of all my favorite moments that I have a couple of favorite moments that are not fantasies that are in the show. One is the janitor living in a two story sand castle. One is an Ostrich stealing Donald's can goo and acting as a sentry and closed and then closing the gate with his Paul whatever you claw. Number one and the number one is me fitting in Donald's backpack.
Speaker 1: Backpack, you know.
Speaker 6: The fantasy. Honorable mention is you as a flagpole.
Speaker 10: Here's a flag on touble of the flagpole blowing in the wind. You guys, have you guys got emotional at that last line between me and Zach.
Speaker 6: Did you guys, I got your.
Speaker 10: Late di You talk a little bit about how I'm a very underrated actor and people don't know.
Speaker 1: So that was we did you know what? Johnny C bought it up and said, fucking he did, dude. But that's part of why this is why you stuck the why the show stuck the landing, dude, because you could have been the chiefe factor at the end of it. Audio got the writer of the show to save the final line.
Speaker 5: But you fucking delivered, Dude.
Speaker 1: You done. Sorry, Christa, you know I love you, but he fucking delivered. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you were better as melancholic Janitor than you were as the East in the Bahamasha.
Speaker 1: Now he was funny, he was pretty. You talk about how they get h don't want anybody who the corner.
Speaker 6: That was one of my favorite memories.
Speaker 10: Because you guys might not remember this, but uh, and probably not good to say this because I was on camera, but we were all shmammered. I was just loaded on and making jokes up, yeah, and directing and directing yeah always, And you guys were all in the pool watching me, Riff.
Speaker 6: And I remember I said some things of I.
Speaker 10: Don't mean him about marriage, but I said, don't let the other person ever use your card because they got their stink all over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Other things you can't say now.
Speaker 10: I think said when you're in an argument with your your spouse, never hit him above the waist or.
Speaker 6: Something like that. Never say that now.
Speaker 3: I like how you did the callback bill to the giant any cs line about throwing the ibuprofen at the patients and however much sticks in their mouth is the right dosage.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yeah, such a good man.
Speaker 6: So what do you guys? I'm not.
Speaker 10: None of us have made any decisions, and it's always fun to I think part of the fun of reliving stuff and thinking about doing it again is you don't ever know if you can recapture that. But do you all creatively like in your heads, I always think that. Like the cool thing about Scrubs is that if we ever dated again, I feel like the world could use a little kindness. I feel like it could use you know, what you guys all brought was a I think you all knew from the start that even though it was a funny show, that you were supposed to act like you gave a shit about your job and that you were of service and kind. And I think it's I always think it's a world that knew young people could come into.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, one of the most exciting things for me.
Speaker 10: I don't know if it happens to you all as actors and actresses, is a lot of my shows have young writers on them, and some of them, you know, say, hey, I got into comedy writings. I watched Scrubs when I was It makes me feel old. But like when I was in junior high and stuff. Do you guys ever get that stuff?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 10: You run into people that comedically kind of found their way watching you all work.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've heard it for Johnny C. I've heard it for just being around Zach sometimes. But that part.
Speaker 1: Comes at me from everywhere. It comes at me from like on every job that I've on, every job that I've been on, somebody has said, you know, but Scrubs was my show. I really love Scrubs. And it doesn't just happen once in a while. On any job that I'm on, I'll get it from multiple people, you know what I mean. It's like, you know, we were talking the other day and about how shows connect with people and how you know when you have a connection with the show, you you care about it, and it's it's you're really passionate about it, and you just want to spread that joy with other people. I think our show is is that I think we had a core audience, I think, and it was a huge audience. I think we're bigger now than we were back then because our core audience has introduced it to their children, to their friends, you know what I mean. And so now wherever I go, I've been in a lot of stuff, Dude, I've been you know what I mean. I've been in a lot of stuff. Johnny's been in a lot of things, you know, Sarah's been in a lot of stuff. Zach, you're still working. You're still working. You're still working. And and Christal, dude, you're on like every hit show that's ever been on television in.
Speaker 6: The last for sixty five years.
Speaker 1: Buddy, buddy, Buddy, Well, I've never been approached as much as I have for Scrubs anything more than anything. And it's not just like a caaally, it's every day, every day, every day. And that's that's saying something that's that means something, that's you know what I mean. As an I was saying this early. As an actor, you hope you make a footprint. You hope you have the opportunity to work with such great people and that it carries on after the show is over. Does that happen for the majority of us out there? No, it doesn't. I got fucking lucky, dude, and I got to be a part of something really really good. And it took a fucking podcast and all of this stuff for me to realize it. I mean, like, dude, for me, I'm fifty years old this year, and I'm fucking looking back at when I was twenty six to thirty three, Like, damn man, I fucking had some dope shit in my life and I didn't fucking realize it. And if I could just turn back time, Like if I could just if there was a way to just get in the machine and go back there.
Speaker 6: People are like, oh my, the like that my Instagram. They love you, guys, they love it.
Speaker 11: We're all so family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I love that more than anything I was saying that early. I love the fact that it's dude, it's us, man, it's you know what I mean, and it's still us regardless of what we all do, regardless of where we all go and stuff like that. At the end of the day, it's still us. Yo, We're still here.
Speaker 3: It's still it's our time down here.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I had that too, Like it's in terms of you know, what you're saying, has people approached you. It's It's interesting because it happens on a few different levels, like people approached you so often. Doctors saying like, obviously, this is the show that inspired them. My little sister is a doctor, and and when I went to her medical school graduation, like all of the doctors were like, this is the show, this is what inspired me, this is what made me want to be a doctor. And then in terms of acting, you know the same thing, like the little the actress that played me as young Kate on Firefly Lane, she was so sweet, like she said, all of your She's like, I had just knew year mannerisms just from growing up with Scrubs, and she's like, that's why I got the part because I just had, you know, watched the show all the time. And then the last part, I think is like everybody who comes up to you that just says it's gotten me through. And that's the ones that just kind of like choke you up a little bit, like obviously hugely through the pandemic, but also before that, just saying like I or people that reach out to you through Instagram or Twitter or whatever, just saying like, I'm having such a hard time and Scrubs is fucking getting me through. It's just like, it's so lucky and rare and cool to be a part of something that provided that for people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people come with kindness, you want to know.
Speaker 10: The worst version of this is we're going to make you guys laugh and hopefully identify with it. And I got to say it and wait, it's nice because he was so nice. So I had to go to the Critics Choice Awards because I'm very important. If you guys hit on House, it is a right review. But that was my favorite moment by the Separate Nothing. If you didn't watch the Critics Choice Words, go back and watch it. Because Donald was supposed to be presenting and we made eyes with each other and I left my table and he left his presenting and we hugged and get it.
Speaker 6: But it kind of represents the show.
Speaker 10: But it was one of those award shows Mixed Movies and TV and the DP of.
Speaker 6: My new show one of my new shows was U did with the DP of the show The Great and the guy that created The Great and ran it.
Speaker 10: Anthony McNamara also wrote the movie Poor Things, and romy Yusef who was in Poor Things toid, Hey, you know, Anthony McNamara wants to meet you because he's a big Scrubs guy, you know. And and I met him and he was so nice, and you know, he said kind of paraphrasing, but he's like, yeah, kind of Scrubs, you know, helped me, you know, want to be a comedy writer. And you know, when I was a kid, I was such a fan and lovely story. Except as I'm looking at him, I'm like, I think he's older than me.
Speaker 6: Really bothered me right on some levels. I literally went back to I tell you what. Everybody's like, that's so cool. He's such a talented, good guy.
Speaker 10: I'm like, yeah, but he kind of said Scruggs was a big thing for him when he was a kid.
Speaker 6: And we have the same.
Speaker 5: Age amage.
Speaker 6: Be also fifty five, So.
Speaker 1: Bill, you were the youngest showrunner on television at the time, weren't you.
Speaker 5: I'm back in thirty two, thirty.
Speaker 6: One may days I ran in s finn City when I was twenty six. That's crazy, crazy.
Speaker 3: I love that you came back from the compliment and promptly googled his age.
Speaker 6: Like none of you would.
Speaker 10: If somebody, by the way, it's somebody that looked exactly like you said when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: You made me want to become an.
Speaker 10: Actor old on that dude's a crazy talent of those movies, gonna win a bunch of Oscars.
Speaker 6: It's really nice too. I liked The Great too.
Speaker 3: I loved the Great and uh and also or things. One thing I wanted to say was, you know, when when I was younger making this show, I didn't really have any experience with doctors and hospitals other than you know, a checkup. And in the years since I've had unfortunately, you know, losing people and people getting sick, having experience with hospitals and doctors and nurses and being so in their in their debt and loving them for being angels, and it really reframed you know, I didn't have any experience playing this character with that, and now I see it totally in a different new light. How how grateful you are when you're in the position of having a sick loved one to have great nurses and doctors, and how much of an impact they can they can have on your life.
Speaker 1: And how great is this to be a part of Scrubs though too that they watched, because look, man, that shit has helped me out when I go to the hospital.
Speaker 6: The b side, Man, how many dolls said it? Chrisa, how many of you have done this? Just did this forty hours ago.
Speaker 10: My mom has to get a surgery and it's the male clinic in Jacksonville in Florida, and it's hard to get scheduled. And she's like, can you get on the zoom when I'm going to talk to the doctor and maybe you could help out.
Speaker 6: And I just had this idea by I'm going to help for this.
Speaker 10: But anyways, I go on and he's a lovely young Nigerian surgeon, probably late thirties, early forties, which mathematically in my head is working.
Speaker 6: Out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: And I'm like, you know, my moms you might have to wait like four months for this surgery. And I'm like, oh man, you know I literally was. I didn't even slide it in. I'm like, I created this show. It's called Scrubs, so I know a little bit about it. And he completely you've read my mother and my mom's getting the surgery in two weeks now, and I feel fine about it, you know what I mean. But he be like, oh my gosh, man, that was one of the shows I watched, like in high school, and I just kind of decided to be a doctor.
Speaker 6: Have you all used that?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? Yes.
Speaker 9: One time I was at the doctor's office and the nurse was talking about how she'd had a loss in her family of people dying relatively close in time to each other, and I said, well, in the community, we call that tok a super bowl cardio myopathy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: And they were like, what community. I'm like, well, I suspended my practice about ten years ago, but in the doctor community.
Speaker 1: You actually went into full doctor mode. Like I'm a doctor.
Speaker 5: I was a donor.
Speaker 9: But Billy wrote the hardest Latin in the history of the world, tokasubow cardio myopathy, And for some reason that shit stuck in my brain. I'm like, might as well throw it out as well throw it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but did you guys, do you guys find I found when we were doing scrubs and you know, everything comes up and Huntington's disease and this and that, like I was twenty four and whatever. Now watching it, I was like, now, I would one hundred percent think I had every single thing that we discussed in the episode.
Speaker 12: Well, well out the doctor dir if anyone is sick, he's like, I ran a medical team.
Speaker 6: I've done more research than that. I think it seems like lime disease to me. I got it.
Speaker 3: Well. I think the consensus is that we love each other.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, with all my heart.
Speaker 2: And I love this podcast, Like I know you always say I never listened to it, but I do listen to it, and it was so calming to me, weirdly in the pandemic at the beginning when everything was so uncertain.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: I remember one time, I really much thank you for doing it so I would I would literally like I remember certain times where like when I got COVID the first time, and I remember listening to the podcast and your voices would I would laugh and your voices would calm me. And now I listened to it like when I'm hiking and I hate wearing air pods, and so I'll just listen to it out loud, like I'm the annoying person that's on the trails with it out loud. And then walk by this old couple and it's like in a good feedback on Vagina's joel.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Before you know, that's anal bleaching or whatever is you know, the discussion of the.
Speaker 3: Day roxing not bleaching. Oh yeah, we did discuss bleaching. We touched on bleaching.
Speaker 6: On bleaching.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's a medical thing. It's medical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were wrong about all the details of bleaching. But I will do a following.
Speaker 13: Up, right, we're wrong about Okay, what are you guys doing next up? So I think that the general thing is we all love each other. I'll add Judy and Neil and Ken and you know.
Speaker 6: To that that cool and Rob.
Speaker 10: I like everybody to see each other in real life, and I hope we get to One of the gifts I've had is I've gotten to work with all of you at least a couple.
Speaker 6: Of times, you know, on the whether it.
Speaker 10: Was even guesting on a live show or Johnny c doing a multi cam which he killed it in, or Zach not only being in Bad Monkey, but direct and Stuff and my Chalk.
Speaker 6: We even try to make shows together, you know, about your your life growing up.
Speaker 5: So dude, we tried to make a show about going to Mars.
Speaker 10: I know, by the way, which is where I met Roy Kent. It all comes around.
Speaker 5: We met Roy Kent. That's right.
Speaker 10: I love that guy, the Bret Coldstein helped me write that show with that Amstekie and stuff. Point is, I always like everybody out there to know that we love each other so much. We constantly find ways to try and work with each other anyway, you know. And so if we ever do Scrubs again, it'll be because we want to kind of spend time with each other and we think we can still make it fun and valid and cool.
Speaker 6: But I hope we get to do it. What do you guys doing next to your podcasts?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Are you going right into other shows?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do the next season.
Speaker 3: We're going to do nine because we genuinely have not either one of us. Whereas Donald didn't watch eight years of Scrubs, I did, I just never watched nine. So we're gonna watch.
Speaker 10: I ask you guys to do something to open mind because there's snark out there sometimes on the internet.
Speaker 6: And I've said.
Speaker 3: Before snark on the internet.
Speaker 6: I swear hear me out.
Speaker 10: I've said said before that I thought the first thirteen episodes of that you know with the remember that show, and they asked me to do it. I said, we do it as a spin off, and it'll be called either called Med School. And then they said, we at least called Scrubs med but it's a new show, and I was like yeah, and then they panicked and titled it scrubs because that's how TV works, right. I want you guys to, if you do it, to watch it as if this is a brand new show and the bar hadn't been set because it wasn't named Scrubs. It was named Med School because I thought some not only you know do I always like watching you know you four work, but I thought some of those young people were super talented.
Speaker 6: And proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 10: You know a lot of them are working and doing their own shows and movies to this day.
Speaker 1: You know, I forget the young Asian guy's name. He had a full career on two Broke Girls.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Mosley, I never watched this, but he's a star of some show One Afternoon.
Speaker 6: He was one of the leads of the Mentalists for a while.
Speaker 10: Elizah Coop, you guys know is everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well. I just want to say, obviously, Bill, thank you so much for for this experience and for these friendships, because I I don't think any of us could have guessed that we'd still all be this close this many years later, and.
Speaker 1: It all tell us, guys, it all came down.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 6: Cares.
Speaker 2: I mean like that was that was That's what gave us our careers.
Speaker 3: Were second, Sara, you were second Becky, so you I was.
Speaker 10: Not doing anybody any favors. You are all massively talented, and this is not one of those gigs where we're reminiscing because nobody has seen any of your None of you will be in where are they now because everybody works as much as they want to, because you're all very very He asked me what I'm really good at. I'm really good at casting and trusting other people's in my casting department's opinion about who's awesome. I remember because Chris and I had just kind of moved into the house that she built for herself. I remember where our pilot table read was.
Speaker 6: Is that what the read through was?
Speaker 1: That was get christ just standing at the bottom of the stairs looking giving you the dart eyes like you motherfucker you woke, you wrote Charlotte up. I will never forget that. I looked over and you had a sweater on, and it was like, had the what is it? What is it when the sweater has like the the diamonds and stuff like that. What's that sweater on?
Speaker 5: I remember that?
Speaker 1: And you were standing at the top of it, not at the top of the bottom of the stairs, looking at him like what the fucker you said? It was like if the look on your eyes? I was like's in trouble?
Speaker 3: Late?
Speaker 11: Did you get?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: I know for sure.
Speaker 10: Now I knew the show was good besides the fact you guys were all great, because Christa was the star of the tow Carry Show at the time and it was a hit, and she sat in and watched your first read and then that night when we were kind of hanging out talking about She's like, I should do some of the.
Speaker 6: You don't want from your wife? Man, Hey, do you want to ever be on it. Oh no, I wouldn't be good on that show, right right.
Speaker 1: I say this, I say this, and I mean this, and I think this is for real. With everything that has come, if we were to put the same writers together, same cast together, the experience, the ep that has come from when we wrapped the final season of Scrubs season eight to now, I think we got a fucking dynamite show. Bringing Tarsis, bringing uh, bringing Neil, bringing you know what I mean? Like this ship Gabby, Oh my gosh, just think about all these people are studs or at other places.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: Like, everybody's doing their things someplace else. Gabby's killing that ship.
Speaker 2: She didn't Fridays.
Speaker 1: Have to work Fridays. We bring everybody back together. Holy, Like my mouth is watering.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, audience, stay tuned to see what happens with that, and we will continue with season nine next. I want to really thank Joel. This was such a fun surprise. You really got us. Thank you guys for coming on.
Speaker 1: Especially after watching that episode. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, Joel, and I love how you like like scheduled it so everyone came in on their own. You're good.
Speaker 7: You're good and I came in ready, my headphones are working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it took a half hour get audio there.
Speaker 6: Look at my wife. How much we love each other now after seeing that, Yeah, she just whispered that we're totally going to hook up when this is over.
Speaker 2: Christ you know, thanks hanging out.
Speaker 3: On behalf of on behalf of all of us. Would you just give him a little action today as a thank you.
Speaker 11: You always do this to me. Then and then he's like Zach said.
Speaker 3: It all right, good luck it doesn't.
Speaker 6: By the way, guys, that's not that's not why I love Kristen. I don't even care if it happens.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're so full of it, Bill, I think I think it's only appropriate Bill if you count us out.
Speaker 14: At the end of the episode, very sadly, stories that show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses, and.
Speaker 5: He said, he's the stories nets.
Speaker 3: No so YadA round here, yeahda round here up swet for me ses