Speaker 1: I always tell people that this show won't make you smarter, but it should make you laugh. All right, so accurate. Yeah, enjoy the full show. It starts right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we didn't talk about this, but did you realize National Snack Day happened this week?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Wait, there's only one day. I celebrate every day's work and.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: How do we miss it?
Speaker 6: Eating is basically all that we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all we focus on even when we're not doing it seriously.
Speaker 2: But the best way to celebrate National Snack Day is, of course, by doing a poll update to find out America's favorite snack items state by state. Let's do this and this was down to the specific brands, and we do have a winner. Eighteen different states chose the same thing for number one.
Speaker 6: You guys have any guesses?
Speaker 1: Oh god, if it's fair, I'm telling you. If it's families, it's going to be goldfish.
Speaker 7: There's no I think it's chips. I think it's like yato.
Speaker 2: I tell y'all, America's number one most preferred snack to nibble on is rice crispy treats.
Speaker 1: Those are desserts.
Speaker 2: This is America. Brook America loves sweets and treats all day, every day.
Speaker 7: The second was a half a cup of sugar, just directly.
Speaker 1: You're talking about like the prepackaged ones that come in the blue wrappers.
Speaker 2: For the first time, Rice Crispy Treats took over Dorritos. That is the most popular. Basically they dominated most of the northern states, eighteen of them.
Speaker 1: I am concerned that we're considering that a snatch. Yeah, I mean, I know, you could like just casually eat multiple of those you have, like.
Speaker 6: You gotta want.
Speaker 2: It is second sixteen states. Yeah, pretty much the entire South that's like all dorrito Okayto's was third. They're really popular in the Southwest. I do love Cheetos, all locked down three states, So did checks mix three states?
Speaker 1: Dude, my mom just made some too, Like the store bot's good, but like the homemade. You don't want to know how much butter goes into its mess.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the home recipe is in Idaho, but just a sprinkle.
Speaker 6: Then we've got New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they misunderstood the assignment, but their number one snack food was cheerios.
Speaker 5: Go to a house.
Speaker 2: Party in Jersey. They're putting out bowls of dry cheerios for you. But speaking of tasty snacks, digital Jake, why don't you have upon the counter over here and do your shack collar question of the day for us, nice and slow.
Speaker 8: Jeff Please don't tell me I was just behind cheerios. Just keep it to yourself. Did you all know it's the birthday of a very famous lost Vegas performer, one half of the magic duo Penn and Teller, Pendillette is turning sixty nine. There's a picture of Pendulette for all of you to share. I thought we're on this if you've never seen him before or never heard of them, they became a They became famous starting in the late seventies with their comedy Magic dec One of the most quirky aspects of their show is that Teller doesn't speak a word during the entire performance. In fact, he's never said anything on stage for over forty years.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 8: Just imagine if one half of the radio duo Brook and Jeffrey didn't speak on air for that long, our ratings might go up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be better.
Speaker 8: For so, in honor of Pendulette and his birthday, all of your questions today have to do with magicians.
Speaker 2: Tricks and illusions.
Speaker 8: In a brand new polenty of twenty, We're going to start with the woman who's greatest illusion is her natural hair color.
Speaker 5: That's Alexis. Alexis, give you a number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her eyebrowslay differently, and I'll give you a question. I'm going to go nineteen oh down.
Speaker 8: To the bottomless number nineteen Alexis. In nineteen eighty three, David Copperfield performed one of the most famous illusions of all time, making this famous US landmark vanish into thin air.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 1: I mean, I initially think Statue of Liberty, just because that's you could think that she sunk. I'm going to go the oh no, sorry.
Speaker 5: Let her finished France.
Speaker 8: Friends, Statue of Liberty is I.
Speaker 5: Did too, Yeah, Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 8: It came back at some point, Alexis, you're safe for now. Brook give me a number one through twenty.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go number one. Nobody ever picks number.
Speaker 5: One bout one, Okay.
Speaker 8: This illusionist started out as a simple street magician in New York City before he eventually got his own TV show and earned worldwide fame performing death, defying feats of endurance all over the globe. His initials are dB is broke.
Speaker 6: You're really good with names. Rattle it off. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: You got a look on her face.
Speaker 1: And I actually thought, because he said death de fine, I thought we were going to be talking about Evil Knievel, even though he wasn't a magician. dB. David Butterfield, his cousin, the rival of David Copperfield.
Speaker 9: David but.
Speaker 2: Missus butters stranged.
Speaker 1: Cussin My god, I mean to say David Butterfield.
Speaker 5: I can't think of David Butterfield. Incorrect.
Speaker 1: It was David Blaine. Oh, I don't think his own.
Speaker 5: TV show, The entire state of Oklahoma's very disapp.
Speaker 1: And the Magic Circle named after my granddaddy.
Speaker 5: Jose.
Speaker 8: It's your turn. Give me a number one through twenty. Please, let's go sixteen sixteen Jose. One of the most famous musicians in history, Harry Houdini was born and also died on Halloween Day.
Speaker 5: Is that true or false?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh, he was a life to die on Halloween.
Speaker 7: That's a planned magic trick.
Speaker 5: Then he literally must have been.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I think Houdini did die during a magic trick. I thought he drowned.
Speaker 2: No, he got punched in the stomach.
Speaker 1: Really, is that what it was?
Speaker 6: You got punched in the stomach and his appendix burst.
Speaker 5: Interesting, his stick.
Speaker 2: Was after the show, you have people come up and show how strong as absolutely how people punch him.
Speaker 1: How don't we punch you in the abs and see how long it comes.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say it's true.
Speaker 5: Jake Jose said, true, that is.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 8: Harry Houdini died on Halloween nineteen twenty six, but he was born on March twenty fourth, eighteen seventy.
Speaker 5: All right, we're up to Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: You need to get this right to stay alive or Alexis for the third time wins this variety of the colored question. Jeff I need a number five, number nine, number nine, Jeffrey. The most accomplished female magician of the twentieth century was named Dorothy Dietrich. In nineteen eighty eight, she was the first woman to successfully perform what death defying trick?
Speaker 10: Huh you?
Speaker 7: Nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the first woman to saw herself in half, but long ways she was right through the face.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Why they always got to do it sideways.
Speaker 2: Under why bruh stepping up? I bet this woman was the first to do it. Give me saw herself in half the long way.
Speaker 8: Jeff goes for a vertical bifurcation. That's incorrect. Dorothy Dietrich was the first woman to catch a bullet in her mouth. Oh in eighty eight.
Speaker 5: That means, Alexis, you're in the world. Twenty of twenty I magic.
Speaker 1: That's a cool brat.
Speaker 2: Alexis gets to choose who gets shocked while singing twenty four k Magic by Bruno Mami.
Speaker 1: Brook, disappointing her whole magic fan. Yeah, come on now, twenty four carrot twenty four carrot Magic, don't feeling.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds like the rift part of the sound.
Speaker 1: I just went with, like whatever I think, Bruno Mars sounds like.
Speaker 6: That's your shot collar question of the.
Speaker 4: Day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I set a difficult goal for myself this year to be even more sexy than I have been in years past. Oh, I know it's gonna be easy to pull that off.
Speaker 1: How are you most turned on by yourself?
Speaker 2: To help myself out, I googled what activities instantly raise your attractiveness?
Speaker 1: Okay, what can you.
Speaker 2: Do a sexy level. Number one was pole dancing classes. It's pretty obvious. Number two was family night. Would you rather? Would you rather kiss your.
Speaker 6: Older brother or your younger one?
Speaker 2: Real you agreed to play.
Speaker 1: I'm not any family only as two younger brothers. That's that's the problem with the question.
Speaker 2: The other thing that one hundred percent raises your sexy level in the modern world is being a world renowned trivia master. What art, literatch, sports and numbers. Let me put my glasses up the bridge of my nose right.
Speaker 5: Now, that's right.
Speaker 2: The only person willing to take on our listeners in a hot game of trivia is the big Bossy be herself stands for Brook by the way, now.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Can you be her and take away her sexy title?
Speaker 6: We're gonna play Come up.
Speaker 2: We've got a return player on the phone name Alicia, who is one and one against you all time. The thing is, we don't get to talk to a lot of people who actually beat Brook, So we asked her what was.
Speaker 6: That moment like when you finally won?
Speaker 2: And she said it was magical. She felt so much raw power, just pure achievement. It was the best day of her entire life.
Speaker 1: She has kids as well. Please tell me she does have kids.
Speaker 2: But Alicia, to celebrate your victory, why don't you let out a proud, victorious dino roar to establish your dominance?
Speaker 1: Go, Alicia, where you gotta sound like a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: She's a tiny dinosaur. It was like one of those ones that like, climb up you.
Speaker 1: I just hate you. I just hate you.
Speaker 6: I just want to let you know, Alicia, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Thank you? I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: What happened after you won? Did people like stop you in the street and congratulate you?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Constantly?
Speaker 9: I mean I start charging for my autographs?
Speaker 1: Makes sense?
Speaker 2: Just imagine what would happened to you if you want again today the level of fame and stardom you.
Speaker 6: Will rise too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see if we can make it happen, Brooks leaving the studio while she heads out. Let's go over the rules thirty seconds. Answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat her outright to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 10: Ready?
Speaker 6: Sounds like you've an audience back there listening.
Speaker 12: To Yeah, my toddlers.
Speaker 11: All right, hi.
Speaker 2: Toddler, all right, with the whole audience watching, here we go.
Speaker 6: Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: The Boston massacre happened on this day in seventeen seventy between a patriot mob throwing snowballs and sticks versus who.
Speaker 11: I have no idea.
Speaker 6: What's what does the prefix polly mean?
Speaker 11: Oh? Yeamorus.
Speaker 2: The Seattle Seahawk Jersey colors represent green for land, blue for water, and what for gray?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: The clouds of the rain.
Speaker 6: What is the common name for butterfly larvae?
Speaker 5: Say that again, pupil.
Speaker 11: Cool, it's not.
Speaker 2: Disc appreciate you throwing out of guest there. So you are stay at home mom with two kids? Is it two kids or just one?
Speaker 12: I've got one father and one twelve year old?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 1: Did you say twelve year old to death?
Speaker 12: No, they're twelve today.
Speaker 7: Birthday death for.
Speaker 1: The big twelve year old birthday.
Speaker 11: We're going to the selfie museum and taking their best friend with them.
Speaker 3: Oh that I've seen so many cool paps.
Speaker 1: That screams twelve years old. Good job.
Speaker 10: Oh that's great, what a good mob.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brook, it's your turn.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. The Boston massacre happened on this day in seventeen seventy between a Patriot mob throwing snowballs and sticks versus.
Speaker 1: Who the English.
Speaker 2: What does the prefix polly mean.
Speaker 1: More than one?
Speaker 2: The Seattle Seahawk Jersey colors represent green for land, blue for water, and what for gray clouds? What is the common name for butterfly larvae? U?
Speaker 1: Oh, caterpillar?
Speaker 2: There are two Disney parks in America. What other country also has two Disney locations?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: China?
Speaker 2: Okay, she Disney so much. Let's go over the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 5: Are you crying crying? There's no crying.
Speaker 7: I beg to differ. I cried a lot when I played as you got zero.
Speaker 6: Too much, Alicia?
Speaker 7: We did. We got a nice little for oh Man.
Speaker 2: Pretty clean victory today for brook. Let's go over the answers for everybody. Boston mascer happened on this day in seventeen seventy. It was between the Patriot mob and the British soldiers.
Speaker 7: So we did get that to you because it was against them.
Speaker 5: We just gave her English.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well yeah, they were English.
Speaker 2: Pollie means many. That's the prefix that means many. Did we give her that too? Oh wow, very lenient on Brooks answers, that's not the same as many.
Speaker 7: Also, she's got zero and still won.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 2: Seattle seahawk color Jersey green is for land, blues for water. The gray is for the mountains in the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 4: Grey.
Speaker 2: The butterfly larvae term is caterpillar tricky. There's two Disney parks in America and also too in China, Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disney.
Speaker 10: Look so cool.
Speaker 1: Can imagine what their food is like it.
Speaker 2: But it's Alicia. It wasn't enough to beat Brooke today. But the good news is just for playing, you do win a twenty five dollars Disney gift card dow at any Disney resort, theme park or online in the Disney store.
Speaker 1: I was really excited about the birthday party situation today. That's a great idea. I'm gonna mark that down as a future birthday party ideas five years old.
Speaker 10: Do it now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alicia, awesome having you on.
Speaker 6: Thanks for playing. We're gonna do a phone tap right after this.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Revenge.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it sounds enjoyable.
Speaker 2: It can be sweet, yeah, it could be bitter, Jeff, it could be creamy. It can be creamy sometimes. And the listener that BEV on the phone, he got the sweetest, creamiest revenge on the one coworker at his office that everybody cannot stand.
Speaker 1: Was it moist as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not for me to say, but he would be considered a hero if it wasn't for the instant karma that came back to Biden right after he decided to get petty. So you're gonna hear why he feels so terrible about it in a brand new mass speaker that's coming up right after this.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 8: Confession I can't take back ol arm Mouse.
Speaker 2: Speaker text to seventy five ninety two says, my girlfriend doesn't know this, but whenever she gets mad at me, I secretly turn up the ac in our apartment so she gets cold and we have to cuddle it at Not that is evil, nothing like a little thermostat warfare. But if you're feeling a chill from the ice cold secret that you've been holding tight to your chest, we can spoon you back to warmth and comfort right here on the mass speaker.
Speaker 1: Will you even warm my feet up? My feet are always so cold.
Speaker 7: It's not fun of you.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to be the source of warm firm listeners like today's caller, who's chosen to go by Tim today. So Tim, welcome to our warm healing embrace.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Apparently I need to apologize for my cold feet. I didn't realize that we were all in this together.
Speaker 2: Jee Okay, Tim, you want to be big spoon or a little spoon in this situation.
Speaker 1: I'll take the big spoon, all right, all right, that's what I.
Speaker 3: Was hoping you would say, just watching everyone else spoon.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fun to watch though, But Tim, voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 13: Uh, there's a work one. Okay, go work during my company? Who everybody in all work group?
Speaker 11: Low? He hates?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh okay? Is there a reason for that?
Speaker 12: He's a corporate kissing Okay, it's like, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 6: He's an overachiever, too good of a worker.
Speaker 13: No, he's just the thing is, he doesn't do any work. He doesn't he never gets any of it done, so nobody even knows how he got hired.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see.
Speaker 7: He doesn't do work and he slides me, you know.
Speaker 1: But also he figured it out, you know, the system.
Speaker 6: That's why you hate him because you want to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everybody has to pick up the slack.
Speaker 7: Did you guys do the work?
Speaker 1: Get together and do something to get him back.
Speaker 13: I did something on my own, because, like you said it, he banged out of work for an entire week once because he said he slept weird on a plane and his neck hurt. Oh no, he said he couldn't even do a zoom meeting because it hurt him too much to hold his head up for the camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like he was still laying on a beach somewhere.
Speaker 2: You're right, We do all have a worker that we know somewhere in our company that's like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I was, you know, really po then, and I couldn't let it go. And then I'm driving home one day and up ahead, I see him walking along the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Please don't tell me you hit.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, does he look injured?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 13: I knew it was him because he's got his bald spot and he walks.
Speaker 1: Funny, making a way of them.
Speaker 7: This is like a roast now, Jesus, It's.
Speaker 13: Just that's how much this guy drives me nuts.
Speaker 7: You can see his bald spot from a mile.
Speaker 6: Away with his dumb little walk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 6: Stand that guy, What.
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 13: It was raining and there was a giant puddle on the road. I said, God does not send you an opportunity like this to just want it up.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a sign from above, here you go.
Speaker 13: And I gunned it and I drove right through the punnel. I sent a tidle wave, like a tsunami all over the pip.
Speaker 7: I'm satisfied.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like have that thought run through their mind, but not a lot of people are actually willing to go through with you.
Speaker 1: Dude, Did you feel like instant regret?
Speaker 11: No? I was.
Speaker 13: I was ready to celebrate everything. And then I checked my my mirror to see how bad he looks. I realized he was pushing a stroller.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh my, you soaked a baby?
Speaker 13: I did I had?
Speaker 2: That wasn't my intention, and I bet, I bet, to be fair, that baby was probably a jerk to all the other babies at his daycare too.
Speaker 5: We walk.
Speaker 6: Oh that sucks, dude, that's bad karma.
Speaker 7: So now you feel like crap.
Speaker 13: Obviously I felt bad. He came in to work the next day and he's telling everybody about it.
Speaker 1: You didn't pull over and try to help him or anything. Did you know You're gonna know what car? But you could just say, oh my god, that was a total accident, you know, like that happened.
Speaker 7: An accident.
Speaker 2: Brook hit a baby stroller with her car one time. Brook definitely did not stop and be like.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I barely bumped it because I took off the break and it was in front of the car. That's different.
Speaker 6: So Tim, you don't have to feel bad about what she did.
Speaker 7: Then both troll baby.
Speaker 5: You said.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So the next day he comes in and he starts telling everybody, you know, some random guy splashed him while he was babysiting his nephew.
Speaker 4: Oh so Tim and the kid.
Speaker 13: And of course all the ladies in the office are like, oh, the poor baby. Yeah, And you know, now they're all talking about their kids and how's the baby doing? Did the baby get sick? And now they're all upset about this.
Speaker 2: Baby and you have to pretend like you're upset to like, oh no, I can't believe some horrible person would do the one guy trying.
Speaker 3: To make sense of it, like, I don't know, sometimes babies need a good.
Speaker 2: Splash, or sometimes those puddles just come out of nowhere. It's fault.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they did he ever realize that it was your car?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, I was so nervous.
Speaker 12: I started driving my girlfriend's.
Speaker 14: Car to work.
Speaker 1: Oh how long ago was this?
Speaker 12: Probably about four months?
Speaker 1: Oh my, is he more liked at the office now that people have some empathy for him.
Speaker 13: It lasted a week or so then everybody was back to noll and this guy's a complete kissing.
Speaker 2: Okay, suddenly he's getting splashed by cars every single week everywhere he goes so messed up.
Speaker 13: But I do still feel guilty about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you know, just because of the kid, you shouldn't do it. You should just leave jerks alone. They'll, you know, do themselves in eventually.
Speaker 7: If you're gonna splash them with a puddle, do it to a stranger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Lesson learned texted in seven eight five nine two. If you have a confession, you've been holding on to. We can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you the next mass speaker.
Speaker 6: We got your phone tap coming up.
Speaker 4: Right after this Frouk and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Our listeners may not realize this, but we have to deal with the same annoying problems that you guys do.
Speaker 6: While we're at work.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For example, every day after the show, our phone line continues to ring, and it's not listeners asking for song requests or concert tickets.
Speaker 5: We like that, we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The calls that we get are scammers trying to fish for information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're like the only one with the landline left, I think is when it comes down of them.
Speaker 2: It's weird because it's been happening more and more frequently lately, which is why Jose decided that he is just going to press record one day and try to mess with one as soon as they call it.
Speaker 1: I was actually.
Speaker 3: Talking to my stream and someone gave me a good idea in the comments, like, dude, what if you try to prank this person next time they call.
Speaker 2: So that's exactly what happens. Yeah, he pulled one off. It's your phone tap right now.
Speaker 6: Mornings on the twenty.
Speaker 10: Brooking Jeffer Studio.
Speaker 9: Hello, yes, hi, this is Dan calling from the I R S. I'm looking for Philip Thomas.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Who are you again?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 9: Dan calling on behalf of the IRS. I'm looking for Philip Thomas. Oh does he live there?
Speaker 10: No? Well, oh Philip works here.
Speaker 5: I'm not Philip.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to grab him?
Speaker 9: Yes? Could you go get him?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 5: Okay, give me a second. Please hold.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 9: Yes, is this mister Philip Thomas present?
Speaker 10: That is Moir?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 9: Yes, hello phil mister Thomas.
Speaker 10: Mister Thomas is my dad. Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is a Dan calling from the I R S?
Speaker 10: Whoa IRS? What's that?
Speaker 9: The Internal Revenue Service?
Speaker 4: WHOA?
Speaker 9: Accord to our records, you have some unpaid back taxes. You'll need to get that taken care of today or else there will be a warrant out for your arrest.
Speaker 3: Oh no way, Oh that is a sound coach at all. Dude, I should like give you my money right now.
Speaker 9: Huh yeah, as long as you have here?
Speaker 10: Would that help you?
Speaker 9: Actually no, it'll help you stay out of jail. Oh, if you have your credit card ready, we can just go ahead and take care of this.
Speaker 3: I have my credit card, but this would probably be a good time to warn you.
Speaker 10: I am dyslexic.
Speaker 11: I don't do well with.
Speaker 3: Numbers, as you can tell. Right, because my taxes.
Speaker 9: We can go ahead as low as you want to. Okay, wheready to take your credit card number, your PIN and your security code.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me grab my wallet. Okay, are you okay? Here it goes? Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 9: Proceed?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 10: Did you get that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Keep going?
Speaker 10: Okay? Then four?
Speaker 4: Uh? Four?
Speaker 9: Are you just saying the same number over again? Or is that three fours in a row?
Speaker 10: Uh, there's four, there's four starting beginning?
Speaker 9: Or you just you keep going?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I am starting. It's a four.
Speaker 6: There's one then for it.
Speaker 9: Starts with a one.
Speaker 10: Now okay, all right, hold on, let's just start again.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 9: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 10: What's the first number? Oh? Yeah, hold on, I dropped my credit card?
Speaker 6: Hold on a second?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, are you drinking something? I don't have time for this.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 9: If you don't tell me the numbers, remember, you're going to jail. Please God, I got it.
Speaker 10: I'm on it. I'm going to continue where we left off at four.
Speaker 9: The third four at the beginning.
Speaker 2: The beginning is a P.
Speaker 3: I think it's for my name, not your name. Did you know my name's Philip, Yes.
Speaker 9: Philip cam.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 10: You're good at your job.
Speaker 3: Everybody told you that at the I R S focus on the numbers. You know what, Maybe it'd be easier if I just like took a picture of my credit card and sent it to you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can see it.
Speaker 9: Do it now?
Speaker 10: Okay, hold on, I'm gonna get my phone.
Speaker 9: As quickly as you can. Please any dingy.
Speaker 3: Now you get in the right aim because you know, oh damn, my eyes are so red right now.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, they're so glad. It's like looking into mirrors.
Speaker 9: Give me credit card.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Was taking some selfies. Not I'm gonna send this one to Brook. Hold on, this one to Jeffrey Card and then I'm gonna send this one to our instagram.
Speaker 10: At Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: What are you saying?
Speaker 7: Uh, those are the guys that I work with.
Speaker 3: Because you called the radio station, I actually were on a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and we just kind of did.
Speaker 1: A reverse phone tap.
Speaker 7: What I'm saying you called the wrong place, man.
Speaker 3: We praying people for a living and you're calling it scam us obviously, so I can still give you my credit card.
Speaker 7: Bro To be honest, there's nothing on there.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna help you.
Speaker 7: Threw yourn, don't mind if a new.
Speaker 14: Yeah, every morning with phone tabs weekday mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: The call you're about to hear is definitely one of the most awkward we've ever had between a boyfriend and a girlfriend. Before we did it, I thought it would land on semi awkward Thursdays, but no, this ended up being a.
Speaker 5: Full blown triple x awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Family friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not, and it's all centered around this one woman in her boyfriend's upcoming birthday, she reached out to us. You're gonna hear about the cringey situation she accidentally got herself into in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: What is the very best birthday a gift that your significant other has.
Speaker 6: Ever given you? Alexis what's your gift?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: They give me gift cards? Well, I stated I'm not having anything on them, but they were nice when I got to wear You're like the worst gold digger I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, we're gonna skip Brooke in her twenty minute story about how a man disappointed.
Speaker 6: Her and go right to Jose.
Speaker 5: You know that we don't want to hear the story.
Speaker 2: Jose, best birthday gift from a girlfriend in your past?
Speaker 3: I would say it was the time where she gave me a sporting event tickets and told me she.
Speaker 6: Loved me, oh, but wouldn't come to the game with you.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's the kind of a gift for you.
Speaker 2: But what happens when you give your partner a special gift that's so good you immediately regret ever giving it?
Speaker 1: Why would you regret a good gift? That's the best part.
Speaker 2: That's the situation with one of our listeners, Stephanie, who's emailed us for help today. Stephanie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 16: Hi guys, how are you?
Speaker 1: Are you the gift giver or receiver?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 12: I'm the giver.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you're the one with regrets.
Speaker 2: Interesting And this is a boyfriend or is this a husband?
Speaker 16: It's my boyfriend? Of almost three years, Kyle, are.
Speaker 1: You guys like living together? That's how serious it is.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 2: And what was the situation with the birthday gift?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 16: I asked my boyfriend a month ago what he wanted for his birthday. It was coming up, and I told him he could have anything.
Speaker 1: That's usually when you ask, not the day of or eight months later.
Speaker 7: Did you want something today?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sorry playing in the head. Did he want anything?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 16: He was like, can I have anything? And I was like yeah, And then he was saying some silly things and I was like, oh my god, that up. You're so dumb.
Speaker 2: What was the silly things he was saying?
Speaker 16: He told me he wanted a hall pass.
Speaker 1: What I was taking legs suld be like a ride olerd raugh. That's believe is a little concern.
Speaker 6: Is that a joke? Maybe it's a joke.
Speaker 12: I could have been, but I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 16: That's why I said, oh my god, shut up. And he laughed and was like, you said anything, it's my birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh has he met a celebrity recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You did say anything, though, I mean, who is his hall pass?
Speaker 16: So we weren't really talking about celebrities.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean it was brooke.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not so silly anymore.
Speaker 2: So what happened at the end of that?
Speaker 16: I disagree with him. I was like, okay, fine.
Speaker 14: And.
Speaker 2: What you said, Yes, you can have a hall pass.
Speaker 16: I never thought he was going to use it.
Speaker 2: Gave him permission.
Speaker 7: But was the tone of her voice?
Speaker 2: I was joking?
Speaker 1: Did he pull out his cell phone and start recording you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For reasons? What were you drinking?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 2: You must have been drunk when.
Speaker 1: You said she thought he was just she was just being lighthearted, like, oh yeah, sure you can have it. You know, I understand that.
Speaker 6: Oh really, you don't believe.
Speaker 1: He's actually asking if you cheat on you.
Speaker 2: It's not cheating if you give them a whole pass. That's what a hall pass is.
Speaker 1: But there's joking. It's a joking conversation, right, that's how you took it.
Speaker 16: Well, it was a joking conversation. And then he made me promise that I can't take it back. And I'm like, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you said that's fine again.
Speaker 1: Why do you keep saying that's fine.
Speaker 2: That's the next level you doubled down.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I probably should have promised that.
Speaker 6: You think, oh my god, has he used.
Speaker 16: To Well, his birthday's coming up this weekend, and he's brought it up a couple of times. You think he's gonna be out that night.
Speaker 1: You don't say, wait, are you guys going to be together on his birthday? Does he have plans to go out on his own?
Speaker 16: I think he's gonna go and his on it.
Speaker 12: And one time he told me he's gonna use it.
Speaker 6: What word?
Speaker 2: That's the polite thing to do. If somebody gives a birthday gift, you're supposed.
Speaker 7: To use said gifts.
Speaker 6: It's really to not use the gift.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get a gift certificate and it just sits in a drawer.
Speaker 2: I know that hurts the person's feelings that gave the gift. If he didn't do it, what type of boyfriend would he be?
Speaker 3: Imagine him approaching a girl like, look, my girlfriend got me a holl best for my birthday.
Speaker 5: She's gonna be so mad if I don't use this.
Speaker 7: And the girl's like, oh, I totally understand, where's your head at?
Speaker 6: Where's your head at? There?
Speaker 2: Stephanie?
Speaker 1: Well, I think, yes, I don't.
Speaker 16: Want to give him that gift.
Speaker 7: No, you want to take it back.
Speaker 6: So here's where we're at.
Speaker 2: You've kind of put yourself in this position, Stephanie by agreeing twice to do this.
Speaker 1: But I still blame your boyfriend for it. Just for the record record, it's fault.
Speaker 2: But she said yes and then agreed that she wouldn't take it back regrets. I'm just stating the facts here. I'm not on anybody's side. Thing is, we're now at a severe disadvantage because if this is poker, we basically turned our cards around to the table to show every out of our hand, and now we're trying to get it either.
Speaker 1: All we need to do is tell him that this isn't going to happen.
Speaker 7: That's what we need to do.
Speaker 6: That our promises don't mean anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you want advice on how to say that to him, Stephanie, Yeah.
Speaker 16: I mean, I just I don't know, Just like maybe help him understand that, Like now I'm kind of uncomfortable with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't want you to sleep with other people.
Speaker 5: I think that's pretty reasonable. Maybe that should come up the first time.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's why we say better late than never, Jeffer.
Speaker 2: It's a hindsight situation. We're gonna have to call your boyfriend, I.
Speaker 1: Guess give you some advice on how to have a backbone here, yeah, get.
Speaker 2: Here, on how to reverse your promise. Yes, that he could have a hall pass, but now.
Speaker 6: You're taking it away from him on his birthday.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 1: Why does that sound crazy to you?
Speaker 5: That sounds totally normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah to everybody, We're gonna do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: We are in a difficult situation today, and by we.
Speaker 6: I mean brook.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners had a conversation with their boyfriend of three years asking what he wanted for his birthday coming up. He responded, a hall pass.
Speaker 1: And he didn't say celebrity he met, just.
Speaker 7: A hall pass.
Speaker 2: Just a free day, right, which is basically a one night of unbridled passion with anybody who's not your partner.
Speaker 6: It has to be unbridled.
Speaker 1: I mean, it sounds like you read that from a romance novel.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm trying to put a little romance into.
Speaker 1: It, but it's a little messier than that, Jeff, Okay.
Speaker 2: A messy night of passion with anybody who's not your partner. And not only did Stephanie say yes, but she promised him she would not take it back, and now she wants our help to try and take it back today. So let's get some advice for her from the woman who blames the man for his girlfriend saying yes to request.
Speaker 6: What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: How does she take back her own gift that she just gave him.
Speaker 1: I think this could easily devolve into a huge fight, big argument, you know, up, break up absolutely, Alexis. So I think what you do is you try to take a positive angle and you say, Okay, listen, I know we were using the hall Pass as like a placeholder for your gift, but I got you something so amazing and expensive that you are going to love it.
Speaker 6: So why.
Speaker 1: So you acknowledge that that hall Pass was there, but it's not his gift anymore.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that, Stephanie trying to one up your own gift with a better one?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean I think maybe, but I think Kyle should know that I was kind of joking about the gifts in general, so doesn't he it's not like even anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like, that's like coming back after signing the terms and agreements to being like, well, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Mean to sign it.
Speaker 1: It's not even that. She's just not very good at saying no, Like I feel like he's just going to put you in another place where you suddenly agree again to it.
Speaker 6: But maybe Jose has a way for her to not do that.
Speaker 3: What do you think He needs a taste of his own medicine, so he knows how it feels to be in your situation. So you ask for your own hall pass for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Coming up, that's gonna that's where the fight.
Speaker 3: Startspective Then he's gonna go I don't want my lady.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be Okay, Yes, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: I don't think of that, Stephanie. Equal playing field for ta.
Speaker 12: I don't even know if I could do that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you could pull a man to use a hall pass on No.
Speaker 12: I mean I could pull him man.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If Okay, you don't want to you have to fight someone hotter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Well that's our advice for you, Stephanie. We wish you all the luck in the world that are going to be here in your corner. Thank you beer to support you. But I'm dialing your boyfriend's phone number right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, like we're sending a sheep out into the wolf town.
Speaker 6: You've got this, Stephanie, good luck.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hey, mabe, how are you?
Speaker 11: Oh hey, are you calling from work or something?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean I just want to check it in and see how your day is going.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's yours. It's going pretty good. But checked us out. Someone took a huge crap in my parking spot this morning. I don't know, like a homeless guy or like what happened, but it was disgusting.
Speaker 12: Oh god, that is horrible.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it was sick. But you know, I'm just I've been dealing with that literal crap all morning. But so yeah, I'm just I gotta get back soon. But which, let's go on.
Speaker 12: Well, I wanted to talk to you about this weekend and your birthday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so out Saturday night, but we can maybe do something Sunday late afternoon. I might be in bad shape, but we'll see.
Speaker 12: Oh sounds like you have something fun planned.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, I guess you could say that.
Speaker 12: Uh, do you want to tell me a little bit about it.
Speaker 11: Uh not really no, I.
Speaker 12: Mean it doesn't have anything to do with what we talked about, does it.
Speaker 11: I don't know what you're referring to.
Speaker 12: Like, a few weeks ago, I gave you the Hall Pass quote unquoted. You know you brought it up again recently too.
Speaker 11: What's your what is your question? You give me a birthday gift? I want to use it?
Speaker 12: Well, that was just a place old gift because I actually got you a really nice present that's really pretty expensive. So you're gonna get that instead?
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, no, no, you can't take it back like I've already planned my president.
Speaker 12: Are you messing with me?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 12: Are you trying to make me this isn't funny?
Speaker 11: You said like I could have this, like you promised me. Like you can't. You can't take back a promise like we we agreed on that.
Speaker 12: You know, I was saying whatever because it would make you happy, and I thought it was funny conversation.
Speaker 11: Is it gonna make me really happy?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 12: Okay, So who is it? Then?
Speaker 11: I'm not gonna tell you this me all bit out of shape.
Speaker 12: I'm already been out of shape. You're basically telling me that you're about to cheat on me.
Speaker 11: I'm not cheating on you. You gave me permission, which you like you gave me permission you did?
Speaker 12: This isn't funny, Kyle, tell me what is.
Speaker 10: Fine?
Speaker 11: You remember the waitress at Chili Brunette?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm thinking about her. She didn't know it yet, but you know, are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Her?
Speaker 4: Kyle? Her?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: She is?
Speaker 11: Exactly exactly?
Speaker 1: I am confused? Is he joking?
Speaker 11: Well? I don't know what is happening? What did?
Speaker 2: You're on the radio right now with a show called Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. It's called Awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: God, that was hard to listen to, Kyle. That was that was difficult.
Speaker 11: Why am I what? Why would you? I am so confused? Like why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've been asked to help and join in on this conversation by your girlfriend, Stephanie, who wanted to talk about this so called birthday present.
Speaker 7: She doesn't wanting to cheat on her.
Speaker 11: I'm not cheating on her. I mean she gave me the Hall pat again.
Speaker 7: File Are you serious?
Speaker 12: I just told you it was not a real gift.
Speaker 11: They're serious. You did promise? So how am I supposed to take that.
Speaker 1: You're actually like a second grader right now.
Speaker 6: You can't see how it's a little bit confusing the.
Speaker 3: Informal question here, Like the girl on Chili's doesn't even know what was your plan.
Speaker 7: I thought you set it.
Speaker 3: Up like you're gonna holk over you've got a rizz or down.
Speaker 1: Still, bro, I don't know that you do. I don't know that you do what.
Speaker 7: Your bras are gonna go to Chili's and try to game down a.
Speaker 1: Certain Why do I feel like it was just gonna be him saying at the Chili's bar alone?
Speaker 5: Is it by yourself?
Speaker 11: Doesn't matter?
Speaker 15: I think he's just gonna go there and see what happenedfriend at the bar, and you have a thing, a thing for girl with no teeth in the front.
Speaker 11: She has one tooth that's easily fixed. And I haven't even flirted with anybody for a long time. So like it's a chance to like put myself out there.
Speaker 7: I haven't gonna be fine you too.
Speaker 1: Well, here's okay, this is not a healthy relationship. But Stephanie, I don't think you have anything to be worried about either.
Speaker 2: Let's ask her, Stephanie, how do you feel about him going to Chili's and spitting some game.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean it's actually kind of funny now knowing who he's going.
Speaker 12: To try to ask out. Really, it's still like it still hurts my feelings. I still don't want them to do it. Yeah, I just really wish that he understood how I felt and like took.
Speaker 1: Me like, yeah, I mean you got to hear that, right, Kyle.
Speaker 2: I mean you understand now, Kyle, like that it hurts her that you're trying to go through with this and kind of throwing it in her face. And is that making you like change how you feel about it?
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, I mean obviously I care about and it really makes you feel that way. I didn't, like, I don't want to So what.
Speaker 6: An understanding boyfriend?
Speaker 1: What do I still feel like? I'm here in the end of a relationship.
Speaker 11: I still would like to get that expensive give you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, she has something really big playing for you, bro, don't worry.
Speaker 6: Isn't that right, Stephanie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, yes. Jeff. In the morning, We've got Wayne on the phone, who is a brand new player, and like a lot of new players, he admitted right before he came on he might be a little bit nervous, which is why I specifically asked for some calm, soothing music.
Speaker 6: To be played behind while I introduced Is this.
Speaker 2: Music calming you?
Speaker 8: Wayne?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 12: A little.
Speaker 2: Seep into the bones and relax?
Speaker 1: You feel like I can see the sweat of Wayne's brow right now.
Speaker 2: The other method to like get your nerves down is to visualize the people that you're with naked. Would you like us to go around and describe what we look like physically for you? Wayne?
Speaker 11: I think I'm all right today.
Speaker 3: Because I am really lumpy, all over passed.
Speaker 1: He doesn't get that treat anymore.
Speaker 6: I can already hear Wayne's sounding more and more calm as.
Speaker 1: We talked to him, or scared.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure whatever it is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go with that emotion and send Brooke out of the studio while she leaves. Wayne, you know how the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright if you.
Speaker 6: Want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Good luck, my man, Your time starts now. The hula hoop was patented on this day in what decade?
Speaker 6: What is the small fin on top of a fish.
Speaker 11: Called ooh dorcal?
Speaker 2: In Which South American country would you find copa cabana beach? What type of gases used to fill the extra space in a bag of potato chips? Groundskeeper Willie is from what sitcom? In soccer? What color are the two penalty cards? What is the medical term for the breastbone?
Speaker 6: Pass on last one?
Speaker 2: That's okay, it's really good job. Right before that, Brooks's gonna come back into the studio. And I feel like maybe part of the reason why you maybe knew some of the answers is because it says Wayne was in the navy for nine years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, So what was your job in the navy?
Speaker 11: A bomb technician?
Speaker 1: That's the bomb.
Speaker 7: That's literally how you report to his officers.
Speaker 4: The bomb.
Speaker 1: Bombs need fixing.
Speaker 6: You turn them on or you turn them off.
Speaker 12: Put them on the plane and turn them on.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you're nervous for this game, but you're you're cool and collected. You're turning bombs on.
Speaker 6: He's a complicated man.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 6: Alright, Wait all right, Wayne, sit type, it's Brooks turn. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. The hula hoop was patented on this day in what decade?
Speaker 1: Fifties?
Speaker 2: What is the small fin on top of a fish called dorsal? In which South American country would you find copa cabana beach? What type of gas is used to fill the extra sprace in a bag of potato chips?
Speaker 1: Nitrogen?
Speaker 6: The groundskeeper Willie is from what sitcom?
Speaker 1: Sitcom? Are we.
Speaker 5: In soccer? What color are the two penalty cards? Penalty car?
Speaker 4: Yell?
Speaker 2: Wow, the nerves clearly got to Brook today. Let's go to the scoreboard and see how you did with hose.
Speaker 7: You're teasing me, naughty four way way.
Speaker 5: That's a great score time player.
Speaker 3: Yeah and Brook yeah, who just we don't know right what happened there?
Speaker 1: Also for man, oh wait, you're gonna have to call back and play again.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Of course, came back to tie it up, which means it goes to the house, buddy. But let's go over the answers. The hula hou patented on this day in the nineteen sixties. Nineteen sixty three specifically is when it was invented. The small fin on top of a fish is called the dorsal fin. The South American country where you'd find Copa Cabana beaches. Brazil, actually in Rio de jan Aio. Did you travel to Brazil when you were in the Navy?
Speaker 12: No, but my mom is from Chile.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was thinking of the song like.
Speaker 6: The Barry Man.
Speaker 2: The gas used to fill the extra space and potato chip bags is nitrogen accident, got it right, Brock groundskeeper Willie is from the sitcom The Himsens. The sitcom the two penalty cars and soccer are yellow and red. And the medical term for your breastbones you your sternum.
Speaker 1: You got more than I did.
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: Look at you? Wayne? Are you proud of yourself?
Speaker 12: I am actually a lot worse.
Speaker 7: You want to consider this bombing?
Speaker 2: The brook does love her men fast. Unfortunately wasn't enough to beat her today. But just we're playing, Wayne. We're giving you a pair of Adam tickets to the new movie Arthur the King, based on the true story of a team and the incredible dog at the Adventure Racing World Championships in the Dominican Republic. It's in theaters Friday, March fifteenth, So you enjoy.
Speaker 11: Okay, awesome, Thank you guys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Wayne, he's your service again.
Speaker 11: Bro, thank you you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. He says it twice. You gotta say it twice back, all right.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: And coming up, but next we have song, so we'll do that, ye artists.
Speaker 5: Laser story, no, not laser stories. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: The show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do wind Brooks Bocks, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Brookn Jeffrey in the Morning.