Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all.
Speaker 4: So don't given a.
Speaker 1: Black all bu bus easy.
Speaker 5: Listening to show.
Speaker 6: I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: You love you.
Speaker 5: You got to turn you to turn the mouth the turn you probably got to turn the mouth out, turn along the mono.
Speaker 7: Come come on, you think, uh huh, I sure will.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: You'll listen to the voice.
Speaker 7: Come on, dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got this radio show. Man, How I got here? I really can't explain it. Only by the grace of God, that's all I can really tell you. I was talking with a buddy the other day and he was telling me. He said, Man, he had an interesting philosophy about it.
Speaker 2: He say.
Speaker 7: You know, you can have dreams and visions, he say, but God, God will never show you what all he has for you. He won't show you all of it because he knows you'll mess it up. And you know what, man, I thought about that, and wow, how true is that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: I know that I got a radio show. I didn't see it. It's just become this major blessing for me. I didn't see it. But if I would have seen it and known when he had planned on giving it to me, I would have messed it up because Number one, my first question would have been to him, why I got to wait so long? Why don't I go down hill and start on the radio now? And then I'll be in radio and then tydd, I see there God. But see the thing about God is God don't need your help. Matter of fact, he don't really want it. All he wants is you to love him and obey if you can do them, two things I think I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I think he'd be really cool with us. So had I known.
Speaker 7: About these blessings that he had for me, I would have messed him up because I would have put my thinking in the figuring process, and that would have jackted it all up. That's the first thing I have asked him why I got away so long? And then if he'd shown me what I was gonna have to do to get it, I would have showed messed that up. Man, I ain't finna do that. I ain't finna do all of that. Wait a minute, I got to go through all of these mishaps in my life. So when I get the radio show. I have something to share, Man, Why won't I just read a couple of books and share that experience with them?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: See, I want you to know what you're talking about. I want you to be transparent. I want people to be able to identify with your struggle and apply they struggle to it and see that they can get over.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: God never shows you all of it because he know we'll mess it up.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 7: Any books, I certainly please know, I would not be the host of family. Can I tell you that it is amazing man, how God works, And my invitation to everybody today is allowed God to work. You know, you can ask him why all you want to, And from time to time I still do no good for me, But that o me old woe is me?
Speaker 2: Lord? Thing that don't really get it for me?
Speaker 7: Because when I start asking him why, I'm asking somebody who has a thought process so high above mind that there's no way if he told it to me, I wouldn't even get it.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't either, Uncle, I'll bright you think you are.
Speaker 7: Man, You just ain't gonna get how and why he does it his way. You're not going to understand it. But He has a plan for each and every one of us. And if we adhere to the plan, if we submit ourself to his will and just say, okay, God, what you want me to do, I am telling you it is the best way to live.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: You can also do it the way I did it early on. You can just do what you want to do and see how it go from now. And I will tell you from personal experience, it's not going to go good. My wife and I were talking the other day and she said something with me, and I had to write it down. She says, Steve, you know the funny thing about sin. She says, sining costs you more than you want to pay and causes you to stay longer than you want to stay. As my wife where she got that from, she says, some old person told it to her. She says, sining cost you more than you want to pay and causes you to stay longer than you want to stay. That's the problem, man, about doing what you want to do. Because we are all sinners, man, all of us, all of us, every last one of us a sinners. You will be a sinner until you die. Now, you could be saved by grace, but You're going to be a sinner man. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to in your life knowingly do wrong. I bet you will. I don't know who you think you are. I don't know who you've been listening to. But get this, we are sinners. We were born into a world that is sinful. Now it's okay, it's okay, it's our world. But we can make the best of it because we can form a relationship with God and we can go to war with this thing, you know, and we can win. You can actually get over. Being born into this world is not an end all. It doesn't mean you're doomed, nah man, because God is available to give you life, and not only give you life, but give it to you more abundantly. I have more of an abundant life than I've ever had.
Speaker 2: If you took away the finances.
Speaker 7: Trust and believe, I have so many things I could tell you that I'm grateful for. For my wife, for my children, man, for my family, for the few friends that I have, for the work that I do, man for the respect that some people that I feel around some people from the reputae ha I've earned. Now I ain't cool with everybody. I got that. I ain't cool with everybody. Everybody ain't cool with me. Everybody don't like me. Man, get past that right there. I don't care what you do. Everybody are gonna like you. Some people didn't like Jesus.
Speaker 2: What did he do? What did he do wrong to anybody?
Speaker 7: Show it to me where he was just out there just messing over folks, and you could justify all that happened to him. Just show it to me. But he knew everybody ain't gonna like me. I just come to save y'all, understand. I got you. Ain't feeling me. You're gonna spit on me. You're gonna hang me up there, You're gonna pierce my side. You're gonna do all that to me. When you get through, I still love you. That's a powerful statement. Man, God will take care of you if you form this relationship with him. He has something for you. He has a plan for you that is beyond you imagine. He will give you the desires of your heart. But he also has some stuff in store for you that you're not even asking for. That he is willing to ship to an address that belongs to you as long as you stay on the right path and are trying your best. God to ship you the blessing anyway, because please know He's done it to me. I'm a living witness to this, that God will ship you blessings and you ain't gonna be perfect. But if he know your heart, man, if he know you trying to do better, if he see you trying to change, if he see you trying to get it right, he understands that you're gonna stumble all the way through this thing. But if he know your heart and he know you trying to get it right, and you're doing the best you can, BOYD, here'll ship some stuff your way.
Speaker 2: Man. You really be tripping, man, you will really be tripping. Steve Harvey got a radio show. Man. It's crazy, ain't it.
Speaker 7: Morning, Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come to say thank you. Appreciate your heavenly Father for all you've done for us. Appreciate you for another ride, another opportunity, to another shot, another deal, another goal. Man, Grateful gratitude, if you if you fix your if you start with gratitude, it affects your attitude, which in direct correlation with your altitude, you get them tunes together baby, you can be something. I'm on fire today. Grateful, Hallelujah, Chirlett Strauberry Color Forrell Mississippi, Monica, Junior and the legend that is Nephew Tommy. Well as always, it is my honor to find out what's going on with you today, Junior.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: Uncle?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 9: I'm married. I'm married, I was married now. Yeah, and I think I think I figured out what marriage is now.
Speaker 2: I think I got it. You ain't, but go ahead, though.
Speaker 4: Yeah I got it.
Speaker 2: I think marriage is good.
Speaker 3: I think it really is.
Speaker 2: This go ahead.
Speaker 1: Marriage means to me going to the stove. That's all I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I go to the stove. I know everybody down at the grocery store. I thought I'll go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's it, because that's all she asked me to do. Could you go to the store. Why I'm always going down to the store. I know Grace down there, I know Field, I know Dan, I know everybody down at the stove. If you're looking for Boo Yard Q's there on our seven. I'm telling you this stuff at the grocer store. That's all I do is go to the stove.
Speaker 1: I'm not meant for nothing.
Speaker 4: Else.
Speaker 1: Just going to the stove.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all my life is. That's what marriage mean to me.
Speaker 3: Go to the stove.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all I got to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got a nice marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Enjoy Why are you say that? I wish all I had to do was go to the stove.
Speaker 9: You ain't been to the stove, you ain't been down. You ain't gonna make it bleed. You've been down to the stove.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the stove. Yeah, yeah, you're gonna do that.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 7: Do you know how how how fortunate you are, first of all, to be able to go to the store. I love it be able to go to the store sometime that now. I did take a golf trip last year, and I rented a tour bus to go to Florida in it because I didn't feel like flying, right, I just wanted to ride and we mess around. We had to get gas, and I got out and I went in a store like a Quentin trip out on the road, and lord, I saw stuff I had not seen in years. You know, they sell us you can buy a single banana, and you know, bro, I was in the going, what the hell is going on. You can buy oh damn banana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we see that. We know that Rob's in that. Just I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 7: They got a pack with some cheese in it, some crackers in it they ain't refrigerated, and a little red stick and you spoon out the cheese and put it on the track. They sell that too down Yeah, I was in that touch stuff. And now let me tell you something else they got. They got these slurpies down there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The cup so damn big.
Speaker 7: It takes two hands to hold it, a shine slurpy and you make it yourself and it come out this machine like an ice cream machine and the slush and it fill up. But you can squirk extra syrup in it with your hand and it can be pick any color you need to get.
Speaker 1: Out more Steve, thank you. Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from a nephew as he runs that prank back. Right after this. You're listening morning show, It is time now for the nephew to run that brank back.
Speaker 10: What you got for his neph This right here is pizza delivery Shirley down there at the penitentiary.
Speaker 2: If somebody wants some pizza.
Speaker 10: If we can't get some pizza up here in the quote unquote and the joint pizza delivers.
Speaker 11: Pizza man, help you hello, trying to order pizza? Okay, send you for me please?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, all right?
Speaker 11: Okay, So about that, Sarah? Can I take your orders?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I need to order ten pizzas?
Speaker 11: You want ten pizzas? And what kind of quest was that going to be?
Speaker 4: I need six?
Speaker 12: Can you took up on me?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 4: I need six cheese pizzas, six cheese pizzas on f and cross?
Speaker 11: What kind of quest was that again?
Speaker 4: Finn fin finn? Ten six pees?
Speaker 11: Then quest pizzas? And do you want any other topics.
Speaker 4: On my car? No? I need two meat lovers.
Speaker 13: That was that again?
Speaker 11: Dose can pick up a little bit. I'm really having a hard time hearing.
Speaker 4: I need two meat lovers, two meat, yes, two meat.
Speaker 11: Meat lovers pizza okay? And what kind of quests would you like on that?
Speaker 4: Sir? Uh?
Speaker 11: That's the thick you said you want a thin crust on that sick. So I'm having a really hard time hearing you. Can you speak up for need?
Speaker 4: I need to meat lovers with thick crust?
Speaker 11: Good crust.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, and then the lastest two veggies on thin crust, two beggies, veggieesgieves.
Speaker 11: Veggies, two veggies, two veggies on the thick crust.
Speaker 4: Do y'all deliver to do y'all deliver to gated gated community?
Speaker 12: Can you work for a.
Speaker 4: Second form, sir?
Speaker 11: Okay, sorry about this, hurt?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 11: Can I get your phone numbers?
Speaker 4: Three four two, there's six eight nine?
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 11: I heard three four two dass six eight nine, but I didn't get the rest of those numbers. Can I get an area code or no?
Speaker 4: My number three four to two THESS six eight nine.
Speaker 11: Okay. I need to get the whole seven digits and the area code so then we can put in the computer to try to find your location.
Speaker 4: I told you my number. My number is three four two Dad six eight nine.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, sir, let me get my manager on the phone. Excuse me, he's giving me like six numbers.
Speaker 4: Name.
Speaker 12: I'll take Carris, sir. How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey? How you doing?
Speaker 12: I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: All right? I ort a ten pizza, six cheese pieces, two meat lovers, and two veggies. I'm trying to see if do y'all have a problem delivered to a gated community.
Speaker 12: Oh not at all. We delivered to a gated community all the time. Let me just get a number for you and an address, right.
Speaker 4: My number, three four to two Dad six eight nine, Sir.
Speaker 12: That's only six digits. We need seven digits. Well, actually, Eric Cole plushes seven digits.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't, I don't. If you just leave it with the guard, he'll make sure I get it.
Speaker 12: No, So I don't think you're understand. I need to have a phone number where I can call you. We can go in and out of the gate. That's not a problem. When I guess that I want to.
Speaker 4: You can't go in and out that case. Listen, you can't go in and out there, sir.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Can you speak up something?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm trying to get ten pizzas delivered, and you just drop it off with the guard.
Speaker 12: So I understand what you're saying. I'm trying to deliver the pizza to you directly. The guard is not who's getting the pizza, right, I'm delivering it.
Speaker 4: He gonna he gonna, he gonna pay you. I'm cool with the guard, he gonna pay you.
Speaker 12: Okay, where you Where are you located?
Speaker 14: Let's do this.
Speaker 12: Where are you locate?
Speaker 4: I'm in in Gola and Gola and Gola.
Speaker 12: And where's that? Where's Angola and Gola?
Speaker 4: Y'all don't know where to go. I'm in in Goola and Gola, Louisiana the penitentiary.
Speaker 7: Huh So we can't.
Speaker 12: Deliver pizza to Angla penitentiary.
Speaker 4: Look I aw the ten pizzas from her, six sixteen pieces, two men lovers, and two bags. Look, I can't be on this phone too much longer.
Speaker 15: Listen, sir.
Speaker 12: I know what you're saying, but we're not delivering to Angola. Do you know what we're located. You gotta call somebody. We're in Dallas, but you gotta go somebody in Gola, Louisiana.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm trying to get these ten people. Look, I'm late. I'm nothing to go back and forth.
Speaker 12: With you, exactly, and I'm not gonna go back and forth with you either. We are unable to deliver this pizza to you. Okay, wow, because you are in the penitentiary, sir. No one delivers pizza to people in the penitentiary. People in the penitential can't order pizza, No, sir, they cannot. We do not deliver to the penitentiary. And then we're in Dallas. Do you know how long it would take to get pizza to Angola?
Speaker 4: I dog give it. Let me tell, okay, who the manager that.
Speaker 12: I am the manager? You speaking with the manager?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Never mind what my name is, just know that I'm the manager.
Speaker 4: Okay, Let me say this to you, since you the manager there. If I don't get no pizzas here tonight, well when I get out in three years, I'm coming down there and I'm gonna you up.
Speaker 12: So you think you're talking to you, ain't met up in three years, I won't be here, but matter fact, I just might stay here for three years.
Speaker 4: So when you come back, let me tell you something. If y'all don't bring the pieces this penitential, get it to the guard before he get off work. Then but it's gonna be froud here now in one of these ten pizzas and everybody on the cell block waiting on them.
Speaker 12: Sir, I don't I don't care about you and your folk on your cell block. You are in the penitentiary, and I don't even know why you calling?
Speaker 16: Are you on my phone?
Speaker 12: This is a business, okay, and I have a job to do. I am not delivering pizza still penitentiary.
Speaker 4: Y'all discriminating about where y'all bring pizzas are?
Speaker 12: No, we don't discominated, but we ain't located in that and got Unless you're gonna give me some metro for my metro, I ain't coming.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. I want you to remember these number three four two dad six eight nine. If you see that ray painted on your house all that damn pizza place, then you know my then got out and I'm looking for your three four two dad six eight nine.
Speaker 12: I donna give a about three four two six eight nine and seven four three. What I'm saying is yet grass, if you come up here in three years and guess what, don't drop the soap.
Speaker 4: Thank you talking to That's what I said. Who you think you talking to?
Speaker 12: Let it get off my phone.
Speaker 4: I got I got one more thing to tell you before I get out in three years. The last words I'm gonna say that. What's that you're listening?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm listening. Say what you gotta say?
Speaker 4: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. Your girl friends got me to pray for Oh call you.
Speaker 12: Oh my goodness, you got you gotta be man.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh god.
Speaker 12: This is nephew Tommy.
Speaker 2: I think there ought to be allowed to help with pizza. I really do. I don't. I don't see nothing wrong with the nice little pizza. Ain't gonna hurt nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't think so what are you doing? No opinion there? All right, nephew, thank you coming out. It is asked to c l O our chief Love Officers. You're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has a court ordered fraternity test Resa Tisa, the Woman behind and the viral Who the F Did I marry? Series is going to open up on the Tamer and Halls Show and the Floor Game Show, contestants couldn't name any famous black people, including you, Steve Harvey. You know that game show with Rob Low. Yeah, anyway, they couldn't name any famous black people, not even you, Steve. We'll talk about all of these stories coming up at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo our Chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This is from Lords and Roanoke. Lordas writes, My wife starts nagging me as soon as I get home. Last night she went in on me about yard work, so I ignored her. She threw a cup of coke on me to get my attention. I told her to watch herself. She told her dad. I threatened her, he's gonna get cursed out if he comes over here. Why would she lie like that?
Speaker 7: It's okay, let him come on over there. Then you tell him the truth in front of her, you know that's all. Why would she lie like that?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: Your wife crazy? Why y'all still married?
Speaker 7: You ain't throw no coke on me to get my attention, you know, because she know you ain't gonna do nothing, which is the right thing for you not to do. But no, I'm not staying in a relationship like that. You know a man can be abused too. I come home, you bother me bout them y'all work, Then I ignore. You throw coke on me. You know we ain't doing this here. Watch yourself now, he threatened me. Okay, bring your daddy over here. Daddy get his ass with my house. Okay, bring your old ass over here if you want to.
Speaker 1: All right, Moving on to bridget in Columbus. Bridge says, my daughter is nine and she comes home daily with grown folks gossip about her teachers that are messing around. My daughter is inquisitive. The principal calls her. Nosy, Should I report the principal and the teachers to the administration.
Speaker 7: Well, you can't call this little girl knows it. This little girl has no business knowing this. So what the principal need to do is bring these teachers in to find out what's going on. How this is a subject around some nine year olds.
Speaker 2: It ain't to the.
Speaker 7: Girls, Nosy. She down at the school to get educated. Now, her part of her education is what mister Riley and miss Bankston is doing. So now y'all need to y'all need to work on what y'all teachers is putting out to the students. Now that's problem one. Now I will tell my daughter stay out of grown folks business. Don't talk about business that ain't yours. I'll work on her at the house. But you're not finna come in here talking about my daughter knows Nosy. It's called inquisitive at nine. It ain't nosy, it's what.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 3: Doing?
Speaker 1: Andrew and Tampa says, I got caught cheating two years ago, and after the smoke cleared, I started cheating again. I don't think I can be a one woman man. I've been married for three years. Is this normal?
Speaker 7: You gotta get out there. You get out there, you just say you can't be a one woman man. You gotta get out after the smoke clear, and you got to understand something about temptation. Temptation faces us all and it can be temptation with lust. It could be temptation with money. It could be to temptation with just doing the right or wrong thing. No one is exempt from temptation. I want to tell you gotta stay prayed up and you gotta constantly work on all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. When you get through here, it is yeah yeah yeah yeah dog yeah.
Speaker 7: When you get through praying about it, and you get through staying prayed up and in the word, here come again.
Speaker 1: And do it better, and you do all those things. Yeah, all right, this little boy right here, I'm just right here.
Speaker 7: The rate you going, you got about three years, man, he makes some damn adjustments. You got about three years matter just here, ain't around here?
Speaker 2: You gonna make it?
Speaker 10: You got.
Speaker 2: All right? I'm trying to save you, man, I'm your mentor. Lord.
Speaker 7: This this got doom rolled all over if your ass don't hel up and make some adjustments to this marriage. He got make some damn adjustment here. Everybody got everything. Gotta quit surprising him. Yeah, he has got to quit getting surprised. Yeah, man, I gotta go to stove.
Speaker 1: Last one. Steve Chundra and Harlem says that my husband has nine tattoos. His mom's name and our daughter's name are on his chest. His aunt just died and he got her name tatted on him. I asked if he'd ever tap my name. He said, we might not be together forever. Should I be worried?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Yeah, yes, Well he's telling the truth.
Speaker 7: But you know, the daughters is always his daughter, The mama always his mom, Auntie always his aunt.
Speaker 2: You might not always be the wife. Yeah, you don't make the body man. If I was putting women on my body, who my chif be full? Where is my name? Gona go?
Speaker 3: W Is there any space? Man?
Speaker 2: I need to cut this mess out right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she feels disrespected ste the wife.
Speaker 2: It's not disrespect. Nobody on his name, body is not related. He don't. If he had another woman's name on that, she'd have a valid point.
Speaker 7: But they're all related to him, daughter, you know, my blood relatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that ain't a bad thing.
Speaker 1: He's not putting kind of way though. The wife, Well, you know, and.
Speaker 10: Still you know all right, fellas you get a fake one put on, it's going, well, you want to do that, hen or something, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if your wife got her children's name, her father's name, her aunt's uncle's name, would you want her to have your name?
Speaker 2: My wife can't sit through.
Speaker 1: You can't said that.
Speaker 2: I know good. Hell well, mind ain't getting.
Speaker 1: Attached to worry about that, Steve.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 7: I don't know when they're gonna put it on that because every time I see it, she putting some lotion on or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gotta stay moisturized, gotta stay I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 6: Name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she wants, she wants her name on his chest. That's what this is all about.
Speaker 2: It ain't happening.
Speaker 1: He's gotta deal with it. So every day she's gonna be thinking, am I gonna be Are we gonna be together? Are we gonna be together? Spouses coming go? Yeah, you tattoo is somebody.
Speaker 2: Got a last one shot? You got one more? That was okay, ain't no tattoos?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: C l to go to the stove.
Speaker 1: I'm going to that's a tattoot.
Speaker 2: I'm going to the stove at Walmart. Tattooed on you.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a new game show on Fox. I'm sure you guys have seen it. It's called The Floor. It's hosted by Rob Lowe, who doesn't age. By the way, he looks so goods. Almost recently, there were some white contestants on the game show who could not name any and I mean any famous black people. They passed on naming images of Steph Curry, Harriet Tubman, Tracy Ellis Ross, Dennis Robin who doesn't know Dennis Rodman. And they passed on you, Steve with your face.
Speaker 2: Really we black people should we know all us.
Speaker 1: Over Kim John Oon they know Dennis Rodman. But anyway, more importantly, they didn't know you okay everywhere?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, you wouldn't blurred out that much. I like Rob Lowe's reaction though, when he saw it and they saw me and they opened it up.
Speaker 2: He just dropped his head when.
Speaker 1: They said past like, you know Steve Harvey, craziness with Steve. You're cool with the Steve that they didn't know you.
Speaker 2: No, it don't change nothing from me. Don't change what.
Speaker 1: Were you saying, girla. It kind of shows what It's kind of sad. Yeah, it's very sad. Yeah, because it only shows.
Speaker 4: That, you know what.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like to me what them not knowing me is like Junior not being Santa Clause. Nobody, boy, don't nobody know this? Why bringing that up? You gotta ask you got Junior permission to bring that up? You got five dog called mentoring.
Speaker 7: You know it's or I'm just gonna tell people that will help you understand something. I have to deal with this all the time. Junior ran for a party in the movie and he didn't get it okay, and and he was a little bombed out about it.
Speaker 1: And how is the same as a contestant on the Games?
Speaker 7: Not when the white folks didn't know me now I'm a little bit bombed out by it.
Speaker 1: I knew you were, That's why I asked you. And if finally you admitted it, Junior.
Speaker 7: Ain't Santa Claus and I ain't famous as I thought I was. I'm gonna need me some alcohol to get to you.
Speaker 3: I'm crowd.
Speaker 2: I could tell you what else you got, Shirley.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, come on, mister non famous.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This is according to the Dallas Morning News, Jerry Jones, the owner who of the Dallas Cowboy. He's a billionaire. Of course he's going to have to submit to a paternity test. A Texas judge ordered him to take one. He's eighty years old. He has to provide DNA to determine if he fathered twenty seven year old Alexandra Davis because she believes Jerry Jones is her dad. Davis has DNA proof that her mom's divorced husband is not the father. Alexander. Davis claimed last year in a lawsuit that Jerry Jones paid child's support and hush money to her mom. Davis alleged that Jerry Jones made three payments to her mom worth half a million dollars. He also established a trust in Alexandra Davis's name. Jerry Jones has denied he's her dad. After all, he just celebrated last year his sixtieth wedding anniversary. What's at stake here, that's the big question.
Speaker 7: Why is she You can have you can have listen to me, you can have wed now versus in kias that same Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, but anyway, this is what's at stake. This is why she's trying to get this DNA to prove that he is her dad, because it would be a slice of the Dallas Cowboys empire worth nine million dollars estimated nine million dollars I'm sorry, billion dollars billion with a beat, Oh we.
Speaker 2: Gotta take this test. Hell yeah, Well.
Speaker 7: She's not gonna get She's not gonna get that big of a slice of the nine billion.
Speaker 2: Just understand that. Well how much? Say how much?
Speaker 7: Well, see, what's gonna happen is if he turns out to be that would be a settlement. The first of all that will be appeals out the Yang Yang His lawyers is gonna go to work. They gonna deny, They're gonna appeal. It's gonna be a long time for he take a DNA test. I want you all to understand that, because that's gonna be an appeal. It's gonna be a long time before he even take the test. Then when the results come back, if they show positive, here comes the appeals you are, then that's gonna go through.
Speaker 2: By then all about time all this go through jail, gonna be out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeahs her dad. She still get a slice though, right, but he's saying she won't get nine billion.
Speaker 7: But on the side they're gonna go off to the side and make a payment. This this is gonna go away, y'all do. This is gonna go away.
Speaker 2: They ain't gonna be in a suite at the Cowboy games and all that.
Speaker 7: Nothing else she didn't get have been none of that written for that. Yeah, season tickets, but it's gonna be weave. Surely there is no floor at the stadium GasPort. She's gonna be up in there. She's gonna get season ticket, but they're gonna be there by them lights.
Speaker 1: Oh way up top, way up top.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be able to reach up and burn her hand on a.
Speaker 1: Light that's so close to the top to the ever j Joe, Well, I think it's the money if he's her daddy, period billion.
Speaker 7: But they're in Texas, y'all that I trust me when I tell you they gonna find the way around a lot of this. She gonna get a check. But it ain't gonna be no what you're talking about. The slice. It's gonna be so thin.
Speaker 1: After the hour. Today is Super Tuesday. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening morning show. Well, today is Super Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It is here.
Speaker 1: This is the day when the when the largest number of states hold their presidential primaries and caucuses. Fifteen states are holding primaries today Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia. Super Tuesday is a big deal. As a matter of fact, it's a huge deal because about a third of the delegates will be allocated by each party to decide their respective presidential nominee. In addition, there are other important items on today's ballot, filling vacant seats in the Senate and House of Representatives, races, and local elections for prosecutors, judges, city council and school board members. Okay, so, it's not just about the presidential election. You got all these local elections and all that stuff. So please today get out and vote. Super Tuesday is today. Yeah, just gonna be real with you, Mana, I'm tired of asking people to vote.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's how it's our obligation as people to vote in every I know it's in your way. I know it's inconveniences your day. But people died for us to vote, and they wanted to vote so bad. Now we get the privilege and we I don't feel like going down there today. It ain't gonna change nothing. It changes everything. Do you know if it were not worth for, if it were not for black people, listen to me, Donald Trump would have been president again.
Speaker 2: Do you know why?
Speaker 7: Because we changed it in Michigan, We changed the results in Philly, and we changed the results in Georgia. Georgia was the last one that was the deciding factor. And all those votes came from counties that were predominantly black in Michigan, Detroit, Milwaukee, and when it got to Philly, the black districts, and when it came to Atlanta, Fordham County, Cobb and all of them showed up that's why Donald Trump is not president. You must have learned then that your vote makes a difference.
Speaker 2: Not damn you matter, you matter.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this man caught a case behind this right sharsdays.
Speaker 1: Your vote matters. Yes, you can see.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They was climbing over that wall on January sixth with their non ride and ass because they mad because we showed up and they man ain't in yep ye, And.
Speaker 1: Then they tried to say the election was stolen and all of that.
Speaker 7: And white people, y'all need to start checking with black people before y'all ride. First of all, y'all ride in the daytime. We see all y'all.
Speaker 1: We got camera bones, we got.
Speaker 2: Damn at these We wait ting, no no riot.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour. Please get out and vote people. We will check your voicemail Steve at eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steves. Right after this you're listening hardy morning shows. It is time now to check your boysmail Steve. If you would like to leave a message for Steve, call him eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve eight seven seven twenty nine, Steve. You might just hear your call on the air. This is Ron from Harlem, Steve, he wants to comment on Blacks for Trump. Thanks Steve, This is Ron from Harlem.
Speaker 15: The other day you had record shopping on who had a question for black Trump supporters.
Speaker 4: The question was do you have no shame?
Speaker 8: The answer is they have no brain?
Speaker 15: When Trump, the great verbal anesthetizer, has his clan rallies disguised as campaigning, and he has those no brain Uncle Tom Blacks suffering from Stockholm syndrome strategically sitting behind him wearing T shirts saying Blacks for Trump. How do you support someone who hates you, littles your entire race, and supports white supremist.
Speaker 16: Groups that want to eliminate your entire race.
Speaker 15: There's a few slogans that make just as much sense as Black for Trump, Thank you for Thanksgiving, roaches for raids, slaves for slavery, all those make just as much sense.
Speaker 1: Black for Trump, raise.
Speaker 7: Fraid, roaches for raid. Come on, man, come on, bro, that's the best one. These are slogan that make just as much the slaves for slavery and roaches for raid. Blacks for Trump. Hey dog, excuse me, I need y'all write that down for me. I'm finna use that every day. Find what's take First of all, do me this fake Listen to it again. I want his name because I'm gonna give him full credit. He is now gonna be my slopiness to why we need to vote. And Ron from Harlem says, blacks for Trump make about as much sense as slaves for slavery, roaches for.
Speaker 1: Played again before we before we leave today. Yeah, thanks, run kept it one hundred, did the all right? Moving on to James the truck driver, he says his wife has a gambling problem. Take a listen.
Speaker 16: See my name is James, and I am a truck driver. And my wife spends about eight hundred dollars a month going to the casino. And we talked, and I need to know what I can do to get her to stop going to that casino giving them that money. She spends more than she brings home. And like I say, I work all the time, and true enough, she sits home all the time. But I've tried to talk to her to let's take a vacation to go to Hawaii. I've tried to get her to take a cruise with me. I've tried to get her to do several things with me on my day's off. But yet she would rather go to casino. And I would like to know what would be the best way to get her to stop going to that casino and give her them our hard earned money. I'd rather for her to go shopping and buyers and prose instead of giving it to the casino.
Speaker 8: So tell me what your view on on of this.
Speaker 16: Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Thank you well.
Speaker 7: First of all, James, James, great husband, hard situation.
Speaker 2: Now you've talked to her, she's got a gambling problem. We all agree.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred them off down at the casino, James said, I'd rather her go shopping and buy clothes. Yeah, they take it down there and give it away. So this man ain't here. Here's your only solution, James. She stays at home all day. You bring all the money home. I think what you're gonna have to start doing, James, is you're gonna have to get into the bill paying process, make sure you take care of your house. She likes your food, your grocery all like that. Then I think you're gonna have to deduct eight hundred out at after that.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 7: And then let her go down to the casino with whatever left. But I think you're gonna have to take that eight hundred and pull it to the side yourself after you take care of the rent the gas electric. Then once you pay that, take eight hundred and put it somewhere in an account with your name on it.
Speaker 2: And now whatever she want to go gambling with, now she can go on down there.
Speaker 1: Wow, she won't even go on a vacation with him. He wants to take her shy counseling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I know what we know. We're gonna be minus eight hundred. Next next check, I like and see, I like, Yes, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: First, coming up next it is a nephew and today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is if it's in the house, it's mine. We'll get into that find out what that's all about just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. What you got for his nap?
Speaker 10: This around here, sirly, is is that your husband is that your I should have really tired. It is inspected, Gadget, That's what I really should have expected, gadget.
Speaker 2: What I did. Anyway, let's go catch off is that your husband.
Speaker 8: Along trying to reach is careen? Hey listen, my name is Mark. Are you married to Jason? Yeah? Okay, all right, I got the right person. Listen. I don't I don't even know how to say this to you. My like I said, my name is Mark. I followed my wife today and I right now I'm at a park and I'm almost certain that my wife is right now. I'm about two or three hundred yards away, but I'm almost certain my wife is holding hands with your husband, Jason.
Speaker 14: So hold on, hold on. When you see my husband at the park with your wife, how long have you been following them?
Speaker 8: I followed my wife this morning because I just was feeling like real weird about, you know, something going on. And I followed her and I'm at the park right now, and you know this, I think this is I think she's with Jason. I think she's with your husband.
Speaker 14: What type what type of car you do you see Jason in Alexis what color?
Speaker 8: Is it? White?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 14: That's him so he supposed he went to work today and this Sunday, and they had some over time that he's supposed to be doing that work today. And he's at a part with your wife close to him.
Speaker 8: So I'm not close to him, you know, I try to stay back. Oh wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold up, she just kissed him.
Speaker 4: She did? Kids?
Speaker 8: Who she did? My wife just kissed your husband.
Speaker 14: What'd you say?
Speaker 8: Your wife?
Speaker 4: Your wife's name is again.
Speaker 8: My wife name is Veronica?
Speaker 14: Veronica? Okay, what part?
Speaker 4: Dad? Uh?
Speaker 8: They at Langley Park. I'm at Langley Park right now. I'm about two hundred yards away from them, and I'm looking at she just kissed him. A can I cannot believe this man.
Speaker 14: I know, well, you're not telling me that your your wife is kissing my husband. Well, how did you get my number? That's all up?
Speaker 4: Backed it up?
Speaker 14: How did you get my number?
Speaker 4: Who are you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 8: I said? My name is Mark, A buddy of mine named Fitz Fitzgerald, Fitz knows he knows Jason.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 14: It's Gerald. I want to know how you get my number?
Speaker 8: Fitz gave me your fifth Fitz told me he knew Jason and some kind of way got me your phone number. I don't even know who we got your number from. All I know is your husband is kissing my wife right now. That's what I know.
Speaker 14: Okay, you're just sitting.
Speaker 8: There watching giving me the no.
Speaker 14: But we canna change this shit. Right now, you're sitting there watching on some specta gadget. I'll go and bust all this up because I don't play that. Because he said he had to work this morning some of the overtime.
Speaker 4: Don't have time that.
Speaker 14: Who does that in the park with somebody? It's too colds be in the park anyway. You can't see no ducks. Give me give me the address of this Lightling park.
Speaker 8: Okay, wait minue, wait wait wait wait, They getting a blanket out.
Speaker 4: Of the car. Now who does that?
Speaker 14: I know well he ain't no romantic type of guy. He never takes We told the park.
Speaker 8: But they getting a blanket out the car and going deeper into the park, which I cannot believe this. They getting the blanket, No sh no sheet. Now I'm looking at give me the part your wine and wine glasses?
Speaker 14: What gives me the address of the car? You want, some white boss?
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to go out, bust that up. I don't have Timepida following me. I was started him now watching your life. I'm not gonna watch and I'm gonna hand him his ad. Okay, let's stop this right now.
Speaker 8: Take your go over there to the park and give.
Speaker 14: Him the phone. I don't have time for this. You sitting up there watching your wife with my you calling me?
Speaker 4: What comes you?
Speaker 14: I'm you a k say what you're supposed to be up there? Get on that because the father's there. I'll be the flap that and I've been handing him his cat. Gon't hand him the fall, take up their head.
Speaker 4: In the phone with you.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to see what else they gonna do. That's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Just see it now, all that pulling death bee over that doing pulling out a guy? That what you want to wait to see them take cares over the handing him the phone. I know Jason ain't et no park for no. I'm got my at home. I am on a third child, pregnant with a baby. But I don't get I'll go up there and whoop his while I'm pregnant. I know, well, Jason ain't need no, Parker, No, don't hand in the phone.
Speaker 8: You I want to say, let me, let me hold let me step up the truck.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 8: They drinking wine right now. I don't give up about that girl.
Speaker 14: Hand him the bar, walk over in and handing the phone.
Speaker 8: Hory, okay, do with George.
Speaker 12: I don't play up by mine.
Speaker 8: Oh man, they mark Mark Mark.
Speaker 14: I don't know who you are, but go hand him, Go hand him the phone. You're sitting up there watching with your week. Who are you anyway?
Speaker 8: That's my wife? He with he with my wife.
Speaker 14: You must be all because if you was one of them big old yokes up black who never got on this.
Speaker 4: Who does that?
Speaker 14: You watching him at the park, I'm telling you now whooping that when I see it, I'm whooping your wife set up whooping Jason said, I'm gonna slap your calling me with this, You shore calling me? Got my blood presser star Hall? Why you shot up though watching this mock joke. You're supposed to be all on top of that. Yeah, when I say, you got that coming too. But I'm I'm'm gonna find his language part right, I'm gonna get off the ball because I'll be up there I'm gonna show you.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, somebody want to talk you give on the phone.
Speaker 4: Hello, how was this?
Speaker 8: This is Tommy Tommy his nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. Your husband, Jason got me the prank phone, called you. This is something.
Speaker 12: You almost made me.
Speaker 14: Have my baby help in his house this morning and I got to momas from you.
Speaker 8: Jason got me the prank phone.
Speaker 12: He no better than that.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 14: When he come home.
Speaker 8: Oh, he told me say, look, man, my wife is a no nonsense. She ain't killed taking no drama, none of that.
Speaker 14: He told no stings. Because I was like, what man said, they watch they'll live at the park. What man does that?
Speaker 8: This is crazy?
Speaker 14: But you tell him? I got him.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 8: Hey, I gotta ask you this baby. One more thing. What is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 14: The Steve waf Morning Show. I'm gonna get Jason with this. No, Tommy, I'm gonna get you. I'll sell you what I'm gonna do. I tell them now for a joke. Tell me, yeah, tell Jason that I'm gonna name the baby Tommy.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on up in here on this on this brick, getting up Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Is my having it.
Speaker 4: She was not having it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: That's a real wife.
Speaker 1: Right now the bottom of this stop playing what do you do?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 10: Next on my list is Richmond, Virginia. I added a show on Thursday night. Tickets are on sale right now. Friday and Saturday is Soul completely out, so get your tickets.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 10: March the fourteenth and Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 2: The Nephew was coming to town.
Speaker 10: Tickets on saying right now, laying in the cut, going to hang out with one of my best boys in the world, Paul Davis. That would be Davids Entertainment, Montgomery, Alabama at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center, Saturday night, March the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Baby. That would be me J. J.
Speaker 10: Williams, celebrity, the comedian and the one and only earthquake in the building. All right, huh huh, that's gonna be straight ignorant in my gummery. I'm here to let you know straight stupid in Montgomery. Everybody own there is ignorant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and your friend Paul. He's tall, he looks like a version of you.
Speaker 2: For the first time. Actually a good dude, Man, good dude, ain't freckles and everything just like you.
Speaker 1: Guys could be twins for real, except.
Speaker 2: Dude, way bigger than to.
Speaker 7: Shocking looks like the movie Twins with all the swashing nigga and Donnie the veto.
Speaker 1: Yes in the movie Twins. Yes, look at a movie the right.
Speaker 7: See that right there. I'm surprised you man. I think I have for another hip hop quiz if.
Speaker 1: You oh, I love hip hop quiz? I love that all right, guys, thanking if you Coming up next is today's Strawberry Letter. The subject if it's in the house, it's mine. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve RVFM and click stevearvfm dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to do this one right here, right now. You never know, it could be yours, It could be yours.
Speaker 2: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: Thanking for you. Subject. If it's in the house, it's mine. Dear Stephen Shirley. My husband and I have been married for eleven years and we have a son. My husband is eight years older than I am, and he has old school values and ideas. He is great with our finances and I'm not. I spend a lot of money on our child's extra curricular activities and his annual school fundraisers. I hate that I have to ask our friends to support our child, and I have to do this single handily because my husband won't ever help me. So I use cash that he keeps in the house, or I use our credit card. My husband never questioned me, but last week I sent our child to school with six hundred and fifty dollars cash to donate to the fundraiser because I don't have time to beg My child came home and bragged to his daddy that he raised the most money, and my husband looked at me and didn't I didn't make eye contacts. Before he could speak, I told him we would talk about it later before bed. He asked me how our child raised the most money. I told him I got the money out of his safe under the bed. He tried to lecture me about stealing money, and I had to remind him that what's his is mine and vice versa. If it's in the house, it is mine. I also went off on him about not supporting our child and leaving after school activities and fundraisers up to me. He told me that's a mother's job. I told him that's exactly why I take whatever I need. My husband hid the safe after that night. Why does he act like I'm stealing from him? I know I could have told him before I took that money, But what is the big deal? Well, there is a big deal. People do get tired of endless school fundraisers, So I get you not wanting to ask people to contribute all the time. How selfish is your husband? Though it's his son too. He should support, He should contribute, He should do whatever he has to do for his child. I mean, your husband should be teaching him how to earn money for school fundraisers and things like that. Shouldn't just have to make it so easy for him and just take the money or whatever. It's not just a mother's job. Though, Where did he get that from? Your husband? What does that even mean, I mean, where else can his son learn how to be a man but from his dad. This is about more than just money in the safe though. I think it's about your husband and his I think you call them old school values and ideas. You don't have to stay in your place as a woman. This is not just a woman's job. But because you do what you do for your son, which does require spending money, That's why I guess that's why he doesn't help you raise his son. He thinks you have it all under control and he doesn't want to be a part of that. He shouldn't be accusing you, though, of stealing money. It's for your son, his son. He doesn't see you as a partner. He doesn't see you as an equal, and to me, that is a bigger issue in your household, in your marriage. That's what you guys need to focus on. Steve.
Speaker 7: I don't agree with the whole assessment, and I'll tell you why because I think in this letter what's happening is I think they're not teaching the sun the right values here. If you gonna give him all the money so he can be the top recruiter or earner at the class and he get to come home and brag about he gave the most money in everybody, but ain't nobody earn nothing. I think I think we sending the wrong message to the boy. That's for starters. Now let me get into this letter. Y'all been married for eleven years. He eight years old than you. He old schooled. I spend a lot of money on my charge extracurriculum activity and his annual school fundraisers.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 7: I hate that I have to ask our friends to support our child, and I have to do this single handing because my husband won't ever help me. See them, schools, they got these little pimp systems out here going on, and I think it's unfair to dump this heavy load on the parents. First of all, schools nowadays have such a burden of homework that's due on the children that now the parents got to be participating in the homework. Now they come up with these unrealistic fundraisers because these schools want to appear like they're providing your child with all these wonderful experiences. But then now a lot of these schools required that the parents got to pay for all this extra stuff. Well, it's great that y'all coming up with these ideas. But now you're dumping that on the parents. And it's already costly enough by the time these parents pay for school supplies, the parents pay for books, education trips, to the school field trips. Now we got to raise all this funds, these annual school fundraisers.
Speaker 2: Hold up, hold up, what else do the parents got to do?
Speaker 7: Now it's costing them all this money to educate their child, and I think that's unfair. And now you all have this pressure that you all put on these students because now you all are posting how much each student gills. So now this boy, you tie the beg and your friends and stuff like, I'm not hey, you want your child to be you know, super super super kid and all this here and your baby. Now I've had the experience cause you know, look, you know people have their little girl being girl Scouts and they come, hey.
Speaker 2: Mister Steve, mister Harvey, Uncle Steve, all this here.
Speaker 7: I'm buy a box of cookies from your baby, or the whole box, not a box, give me a cart. Now get your baby out my face. Okay, I'm bought, yeah, twenty four boxes or the peanut butter cookies. The girl scout cookies are good. They're not that damn good. Now, come back, get your baby, get your fund raising. You know, maybe your baby ain't gonna make this trip.
Speaker 2: How about that your baby ain't going to the White House. Obama ain't in there.
Speaker 7: Nohow, So maybe your baby ain't going to the White House to hear I never went to the White House.
Speaker 2: I turn out just fine. I'll be back with more.
Speaker 1: All right, yes you will. We'll have part two see response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's strawberry letter subject if it's in the house, it's mine. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is if it's in the house, it's mine.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's in the house, is yours. Let's get into it.
Speaker 7: The fundraisers at the school, I feel are a bit unrealistic and unfair to dump that because now you've put an extra burden on the parents. I think that's too much. And then all parents are under the pressure they child and not looking good up at the school. But they post how much each stop child gills. So now your child and came home as a top earner. Now your child was doing an annual fundraising.
Speaker 2: Came home.
Speaker 7: You didn't feel like big and your friends for the money. So you done gave this boy six hundred and fifty dollars cash to donate to the fundraising because I don't have time to beg Then your child came home and bragg to his daddy that he raised the most money. Well, he didn't raise anything. And that's the misconception of the where our part. I think that you all are hurting the child. You didn't let him go dough to doll You didn't let him go, you know, sell nothing. You just gave the money. Okay, he didn't fill out nothing. He didn't have to call his relatives or nothing like this. Now this boy show up because you didn't feel like begging with six point fifty, your husband looked kind of crazy. So before Betty asked you how your child raised the most money, I told him I got the money out to safe under the bed. Then he tried to lecture me about stealing money. I had to remind him that was mine as mine as versus versa, and if it's in the house's mind. Ah, yeah, I agree with what's yours is yours and what's hers is hers, But then at one point it's got to be both of y'alls. So now, if you're taking money out the house, that's both our money you're taking out the house, you do at least notify me. Hey, I'm gonna reach up under this and I'm gonna give six fifty for this boy. Now, he went on about supporting our child and leaving after school activities and front raises up to me. And here I told him that they leave all this stuff up to me. He said, that's a mother's job. Well, it's not a mother's job. It's a parent's position. You can't dump that on the woman. Dog, that's ignorant. It's your child too. How that's a woman's job. How's a woman's job to raise money? Well, then it's your job to raise money too, then, ain't it. Somebody got to get the money. Wait, somebody got to make payments. So that was unfair of him to say that to you. I told him, that's exactly why I take whatever I need. My husband hid the safe after that night, and why does he act like I'm stealing from him? I know I could have told him before I took that much money. But what's the big deal. Well, that's exactly right. You should have told him before you took that much money. That's almost one thousand dollars. Now you sent your boy to the school and he come home Brad and I raised more money. He ain't raised nothing. So now you're weakening the boy in and the position I think that you're taking in this is wrong for your child, because now you baby and the boy. I think the pressure they put on y'all is a bunch of bull I do that too, but I don't think it's about him or I don't think it's about him not participating. I think the husband should participate in this, but I don't think you all have to participate to the point where you're the number one contributed. I think that has to be a compromise made on your husband's part. And then I think if you had some help from your husband, you wouldn't feel tired and fatigued about it and all like this. But your husband has to get involved. He can't blame it on you. If it's your job, and if you're gonna make it her job, then she gonna do it the way she want to do, and that's reach up under the safe and get the money. Now you're the here to say, I don't know when the house you can hide a damn.
Speaker 2: Safe, but I bet I can find it.
Speaker 7: That garage, Oh here, it work here, work ain't gonna have It's either in the garage or the basement.
Speaker 2: Where are we going with this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: Because I'm gonna here if you if you saw that hole in the wall in that plywood, I'm gonna hear that, the sheet rock, I hear that, and then you got the taping mud and taping bed and all that. I'm gonna see that it's in there. So I just think it's it's a lot going on wrong in this letter, y'all to quit baby in that boy though he can't beat the number one fundraise six hundred and fifty dollars, where they.
Speaker 1: Going a lot of money, and it is these days what it is all y'all.
Speaker 7: Had, y'all kids. Surely I don't know how much I can gave. Surely, baby, over the years, all this stuff I had to do for sherity, and I don't know what I had to do. Shuldn't Tasha had a couple of little things happening while we're in.
Speaker 3: There all the time.
Speaker 7: It's just I buy a little box of cookies. You don't kill you too late. I'm not helping your family.
Speaker 2: I could tell. Toma came in, you know, of the.
Speaker 7: Day, talking about this little boy doing something with the little leave. Tommy riches hell. I know, couldn't hear where he wasn't talking.
Speaker 1: To me with his rich hask But that's part of it, right, Tommy.
Speaker 7: Thomy got enough money to buy the damn baseball team. I don't know why we talk the lead. Thomas started a whole another lead. He damn this snoop. You can start and leave all this money he got, not.
Speaker 2: But I won't.
Speaker 1: Did we just get a request from someone?
Speaker 8: He just?
Speaker 2: Yah? Yeah, y'all ignored it.
Speaker 1: It was from you, Tommy. Yeah, didn't we just get a request?
Speaker 2: That's what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's why. And that's why she don't like to ask her friends. That's one of the letter. Yeah, it's the pain, yea.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this is what I've learned. It is hard for rich people to ask for money.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It is, boy, Because Lord have mercy they be looking.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 7: You remember when the Rock and opral to everybody talking about the money they need to give you for my wife?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Who they lit them up. I said, well, I best guess I won't be asking. Yeah, now I quit asking for the Mintory Camps, Kip, But I just paid what I'm paying.
Speaker 2: Half what I can have. It could go much better because they ain't my kids.
Speaker 1: But damn, all right, I'm not trying to.
Speaker 7: Raise money for my kids. I'm trying to raise money for somebody else's kid. But they make you feel so bad about it. Yeah, I just said, well, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never sounded so good. You can download it today and coming up at forty six minutes after, it's Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this. You're listening hard Morning show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. Junior.
Speaker 9: Hey, listen, let's still ahead it up. Say I condulecence to the ESPN family and the Mortenson family. Chris Morreton passed away the reporter for NFL.
Speaker 4: Live on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Chris Mortenson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Chris Morrison passed away uncle seventy two from stage four throat cancer. He was diagnosed in twenty sixteen. And man, so yeah, man, so uh you know, he covered the NFL.
Speaker 2: Draft a lot.
Speaker 9: He mocked drafts and everything else. He was really really, really really good at what he did. Man, So we we wanted to just send our condoses out to the Mornson family. Also over the weekend, you know, we had the NFL compound. But you know, Xavier Worthy set the record in the forty yard dash. Man, boy was k team two one? Well the record PHO two one.
Speaker 2: He made effort list too.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Man, remember used to be to me he looked like he was flying, looked like he was he was good man, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you think you're forty? Time is right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you think right now?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fixed something?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Julia, Yeah, I probably about a five five nine.
Speaker 1: Push that really yeah, about to find out what It's got to be faster than times.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know, you know, Tommy pulled a hamstring he didn't put on.
Speaker 2: He forgot what he was on. He forgot what you got the hamstrain. Yeah, he do the hamstrain, but it was after the race though.
Speaker 4: We had.
Speaker 7: Right now, I'm probably running far in bout like I'll probably get by like about like eight four.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying about five night.
Speaker 2: I'm like i'd be down to about an eight four strong.
Speaker 1: Ass eight folk eight hours.
Speaker 2: I'll be down there. I'll be down there. I'll be down there eventually. You're gonna think of running a honey.
Speaker 9: So after you start, when you get down there, it's gonna be you show.
Speaker 1: Ten seconds.
Speaker 2: Down there line. Yeah, but you're gonna be down there.
Speaker 7: When I come out the blocks. That's when the problems start. Ship right there, everything lock up. I'll be surprised if I cross that forty line and my butthole is.
Speaker 2: Still in okay, right, I'm probably gonna have.
Speaker 7: To blow that out to run a hard forty At least, I'm gonna have to have a strong set of hemorrhoids.
Speaker 2: Right after that, I'm gonna need the ice pack. Right after that. I know that thing about to come out. No thing the sun.
Speaker 1: A woman on social media needs some advice, Steve, we'll talk about it right after this. You're listening morning show. All right, Steve, This is from Terry and Steve HARVFM. Terry says, I'm part of a group of business owners and a few leaders of this group approached me about running for Congress. They say they will back me and help with fundraising. While the thought is intriguing, as I have a lot of ideas on what a congresswoman should be trying to accomplish. However, I have a past. It remains in the past, but when I was much younger, I did all the things stupid young adults do. Cheated on my husband multiple times, to whom I am very happily married to this day, occasionally party too hard and to illegally, and so on. I am convinced, slash scared that some of some or all of this will come out. It's very far in my past, but if it comes to light, I can't imagine the damage it would do to my family. I have to put off the people asking me to run. But to be fair, I'd love to run, and I think I would do a great job, but I'm so scared. My closet full of skeletons would burst out into the open.
Speaker 2: Waiting to come outside.
Speaker 7: Some of my day times night man has always been my biggest fear.
Speaker 2: You can't run.
Speaker 1: She can't.
Speaker 2: No, you can't run. But I just you can't run, she asked me should.
Speaker 1: I'm just surprised that you said that I can't run. Okay, go ahead too while.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen. Now, listen to me. You could run if you my age, but she don't sound like she my age. See you my age. You can run.
Speaker 7: Cyberspace wasn't open back then. Most of my stuff people will never know about it. And no pictures, with no internet, with no camera, phones nothing. You have to bring a roll up phone and if I snatched it out your hand and stepped on, it was gone. I've had to do that. So you wow, she can't run, man, she came run. Oh I slapped you out. Oh that little paper phone, I slapped that out your hands. Step on in your minute because I can hear you taking the clear clean.
Speaker 1: If you have a past, you can't run for she can. You have to be a person, that's what she came.
Speaker 8: Run. Now.
Speaker 2: I know perfectly you ain't Donald Trump. You ain't white. White people can do.
Speaker 1: That, Donald, because tru the president.
Speaker 4: You can do that.
Speaker 7: You are white men with money can do that. Black women with families. No, you see what they do in the fanny. Your husband cannot take that, your children can't take it. You ain't finna make no money being no day in Connor's president. No way, this ain't even worth it. Ain't damn the people or trying to help all the people. You can't help your people and destroy yourself. In the meantime, they gonna eat this woman up. And that's her fear. You cannot lose your family and everything you've worked for trying to be.
Speaker 2: So what let them people run? Yeah, you would do a good job and all like that.
Speaker 1: She wants to be of service to the people and.
Speaker 7: Get nothing accomplished, has no congressman, no way too much that way, Well, the Republicans don't shoot it down anyways.
Speaker 4: What you was.
Speaker 2: You're discouraged? You are I tell you what.
Speaker 3: Don't run run run.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, gon' run.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: You got at least try, I mean go ahead and try, go ahead. What if Obama had felt like that people were encouraging him.
Speaker 2: He ain't got that kind of pass. What ain't when he was fifteen?
Speaker 4: That's for this.
Speaker 2: They tried to make something she parted way too hard. She said, she cheated on her hud several times.
Speaker 3: They're married.
Speaker 2: She said she will wild.
Speaker 1: She said illegally, yeah, illegally.
Speaker 2: She got some issues. Man, I don't do this, lady, but life up the junior.
Speaker 7: Listen to junior ass Junior Jesse been up here all upset because his ass ain't sending the cloth.
Speaker 2: What did you company him?
Speaker 7: Well out with the movie role being Santa Claus. He can't even work the press more. How many times you have slept with all these men. You don't have to press you, Finn, to be the junior.
Speaker 1: Folks you're listening morning show. I got sorry to break to you, but your name may be aging you. Okay. Kids on TikTok say the names that were popular back in the nineties and early two thousands are no longer cool, but even worse, they're considered old people names. Old people names. Even young sounding names like Ashley, Britney and Derek are now considered old. Don't even mention names like Nathaniel and Rodney, and David and Craig, and for the ladies, Nicole, Amanda, Yolanda, Rochelle and bridget those are all old people names. According to the young people. So here's a question. Oh yeah, I know, and Anne has my middle name? Come on, thank you mom?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So what are some other old names? Guys?
Speaker 13: Old Nameskelly Gus, that's old Patrick, Johnny.
Speaker 7: Gerald, Thomas, hell yeah, Thomas old Tom Thomas anything, Tommy?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is Richid, Monica, Benjamin, Otis Willie. All right, come on at thirty three minutes, actually the hour, we'll play another round him.
Speaker 5: Around?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Would you rather it right after this? You're listening.
Speaker 2: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It's time now for a round it? Would you rather? Would you rather see your future or change your past? Which one?
Speaker 2: The hell with the past?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Come over there. We didn't done that to change it, damn thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you want to see your future?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We would you want to know the date you were going to die?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Listening to who talking? That's a good question, know, yeah?
Speaker 3: Or would you rather know?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I ain't got no help. I don't want to date? Been here?
Speaker 3: What again?
Speaker 2: Next week I'll be sitting up been here so damn because.
Speaker 3: Oh hell.
Speaker 1: Well, today is the day last show up? Nice working with you.
Speaker 10: I've been to die, but we got to the date I've been a word, had one more? Oh, he couldn't make it.
Speaker 1: He got on out of here, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Anybody seen Steve. I'll be somewhere trying to avoid that.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can't run or ide from it.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Would you rather none of your friends like your spouse or none of your friends none of your spouse's friends like you? Okay, none of your spouse.
Speaker 2: Putting all that on my wife.
Speaker 1: I tell you, they don't like you, Okay.
Speaker 2: I can't sit around them, no way.
Speaker 8: So what.
Speaker 1: Would you rather constantly itch or be in constant pain one day a year one day?
Speaker 10: Would you rather year that one day a year, but they're just walking around itching all day looking nasty?
Speaker 2: Well, tell me to be scratching all the.
Speaker 1: Oyster ride just paying one day a year, okay. Would you rather always always tell the truth but people distrust everything you say? Or would you rather always lie and people trust and believe everything you say?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: That's it, I know you guys say that will work for me. Yeah, that will work for you. Believe a lie.
Speaker 1: Would you rather always be stressed but busy or would you rather always be bored? Stressed and busy or always bored?
Speaker 7: Well, the problem with bord is you ain't got nothing going on to be real stressed in a minute, because the first of the month is coming.
Speaker 4: Is here?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, thanks guys. That's today's round of would you rather? Coming up at forty nine minutes after our last break of the day, and we'll close out the show with one and only Steve Harvey right after this. You're listening morning, all right, Steve. Here we are last break of the day on this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have some closing remarks.
Speaker 7: I was kind of joking around and fooling with Junior today and I just wanted to say something really really serious about it too, because you know, look, everybody has. Everybody that I know is on a quest for success. The majority of people I know they want two things to happen in their life. They want to be successful and they want to be happy. Those are mostly the people I know. Now, if you live your life on that Internet, you will introduce yourself to a whole set of other people who are in this world to hate, to be miserable, and to let you know how miserable they are. They gonna make sure you're miserable too. Because one thing I've learned and the Internet has taught me, well, hurt people hurt people, and that's why you see so much of it. And it's just a lot of people out there that's hurting in this world, and their idea is to make you hurt too. Well, that's something doctor Field taught me a long time ago. He said, blowing my candle out don't make yours brighter. It's just that the average person don't understand that. So, like I was starting this thing by saying that most people I know want to be successful, and most people I know want to be happy. In your quest for that, prepare yourself for a series of disappointments, because in the disappointment happens to be where all of your lessons lie. I just don't know any other way to explain it. Every disappointment I've had in my life. As I pulled back the disappointment, there is a valuable lesson I have to learn in that. You know what, when something doesn't go your way, you have an opportunity to grow. Because here's what I do. When something doesn't go my way, I immediately figure out what role did I play in this? Was I not prepared? What decision could I have made to have possibly bought about a different decision. How could I have turned this no into a yes? Why did they tell me no? Was it something I did, something I said, something I didn't provide. That's how you grow in life. You are not going to get through this thing called life without disappointments. It is a part of the process. And I'm gonna tell you something else too. On your way to being successful and and happy, you're going to have more knows than yeses.
Speaker 2: That's just the deal of it.
Speaker 7: There is something else, statistics, and I don't have the exact number, but the numbers are roundabout Michael Jordan, who has been arguably called the greatest basketball player of all time, has taken nine hundred and forty some game winning shots. He's had the ball in his time in his hand nine hundred sometimes for the game winner. He has made one hundred and forty six of them. That's a lot of misses, man, that's a lot of missus. But they don't write about your missus. They write about the ones that went in. They write stories and take pictures and make headlines about the game winning shot. Michael Jordan against Utah when Brian Russell or whatever his name was was checking him and he sort of pushed off with his hand and stepped back and shot that for the game winner to win the series against Utah. He missed some shots that game. He didn't make all of them, but you know the one they wrote the story about. They wrote the story about the game winner. That's what they write about. I've had a lot of shows canceled in my life, you know the ones they write about, the ones that I'll get awards for, the ones that was hits.
Speaker 2: I've had.
Speaker 7: More shows canceled, and I've pitched more shows in Hollywood that never will see the light of day that I have had actual shows on TV. I'm telling you, man, I probably in Hollywood. I've probably been and this is not exaggerating, I've been in at least one hundred and twenty pitch meetings, if not more. Out of those one hundred and twenty pitch meetings, personal shows that I've created, you know how mean that those shows made it to TV six one hundred and twenty pitch meetings I can tell I connect. Steve Harvey's Big Time was a show that I created. The return of Showtime at Apollo was my idea little Big Shots was an idea I came up with. The Judge Show was an idea I came up with, and really the two other shows I came in with shows that other people ended up on.
Speaker 2: I have maybe six shows.
Speaker 7: Of the one hundred and twenty pitch meetings I've been to, they didn't write none of y'all about them one hundred and fourteen knows, but they wrote about the six that made it.
Speaker 3: You will have far more.
Speaker 7: Disappointments than you will wins, but enjoy the wins, celebrate the victories. Realize, man, that all of that was a process. And every time they told me no at a pitch meeting, I fixed it in repair, added and shaped it and redid it and went back in there with something that they couldn't say no to. So, man, prepare yourself for a series of disappointments, but celebrate the winds and the victories. And every time somebody tells you no, that moves you one step closer to the yes. Just gonna have to get on a lot of steps before you get to yes. Those are my closing remarks. Happy Monday, Junior, pick your head up, Hey, Merry Christmas, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Talk to God. He loved to hear from you.
Speaker 1: For all Steve Harvey contests, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit it Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening with Steve Harvey Morning Show.