Speaker 1: Welcome back to Fantasy Pro's NFL Draft Show. I'm your host, Derek Brown. And no, if you're on YouTube, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is not thorn istrom in the co Pilot's see. I'm joined this week by the Man the Myth, a Packer fandom lore legend, Pat fitz Morrison. On today's show, we're gonna talk about the top Combine standouts, recap the combine. We're gonna go through quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end, and Pat, let's just start off with some fire here, a baby, I know, we just updated our dynasty trade chart. You can find that at fantasypros dot com slash trades. A lot of people are gonna be trading into the first round of rookie draft.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: JJ McCarthy is a guy that I think stood out. We got to talk about his throwing session at the Combine.
Speaker 2: Pat, why do you hate Jj?
Speaker 3: Well, you are bringing the fire to begin with growing non. First of all, oh, thanks by the way for letting me fill in for Thor. Big down grade, especially friend Minnesota. People watching this going from Thor to a Packers fan like that's just oh maybe fighting already turned off the show, but you know, hopefully they'll stick around. So yeah, I don't hate JJ McCarthy, but I think for me Debro, he was hiding in plain sights, and like I watch a lot of Michigan games, I kind of hate watch him, to be honest, because you know, I'm a fan of a certain other team from the Big Ten, from Madison, Wisconsin. So yeah, I don't like the Maze and Blue that much, and I watch a lot of their games and generally am cheering against them. But I saw McCarthy and I thought he had NFL tools, but I figured maybe a Day two or Day three pick, just because I don't know. It's pretty rare for a guy who now I think it's a given almost that he's going to be a top ten NFL pick, for a quarterback who's going to be drafted this highly to not really be all that prominently featured in his college team's offense, you know, I mean, like McCarthy just wasn't asked to do that much throwing twenty three twenty four times a game because Michigan's defense and its running game were so good. So it was there all along, and it was I think JJ McCarthy beating on my Badgers in his second to last college season in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: That made me wonder about his NFL prospects.
Speaker 3: But man, I did not see top ten so Maya Kalpa on that one, I didn't think he was going to be this good a prospect, And now clearly he's going to be a top ten pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean there's rumors out there Thor and I have you know, we've again we've talked about our love letter on JJ McCarthy. Now he's getting top five, top three, possible hype. Fitz, do you still have him in your Dynasty rookie ranks? Like, is he still the QB four or did he move it all after the performance of the combine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's four for me, and look very early in the process right after the college season debro, I mean I had him behind Michael Pennox, which I've obviously had to change my tune about, you know, and I know you're not the biggest Penis fan, but I still kind of like him. But yeah, McCarthy, it would be pretty foolish for me to, you know, stick to my priors on that one. McCarthy's the draft capitals. Capital is going to validate McCarthy as at least the number four, and depending on where he lands, I might move in past you know, either may or Daniels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you and Scott Bogman both ran through all your rookie tears and stuff. So anybody's not listening to that show, they need to check it out, man A guy that again, if we're talking about rookie drafts and we're talking about NFL draft prospects, who Thorn and I talked about this, you can go check the receipts. On the Combine preview episode, we talked about Joe Milton lighting it up at the Combine. Basically he was going to, you know, play the game of how far can I throw it? Can anybody run under it? But we saw all those things the Combine fits. Do you think after what Joe Milton put up as far as the show he did in Indy, do you think that really bumps up his draft stock and what were your takeaways from his performance?
Speaker 3: I kind of don't, And I'm actually Joe Milton, I'm a Joe Milton standybro. But I think that he had and even as a Joe Milton stand. I think he is a developmental prospect in the green now, which is for an older prospect. I mean, he doesn't have all that long to develop, but he's going to need a year to sit minimum. But I think he might have the strongest arm of any quarterback on the planet, including anyone who's in the NFL right now. Thor's comparisons to nuk Lelouche from the film Film Bull Durham apply like that arm is ridiculously powerful, but you don't always know where the ball's going.
Speaker 1: Agreed, And that that's why I camped him to Josh Freeman. It's like big arm, big guy, you just don't know where it's going to go. And it's like this was the perfect avenue for Joe Milton. We talked about this again on the preview show, where it was like, look, we know he can run, we know we can throw, we know he could throw it over a mountain. None of that's surprising. So to watch him go out there and look like Uncle Rico is not surprising at all. So really you're still looking at a guy probably going to Garner Day three Capitol. Maybe some team just loves the intangibles and says, look, what can he be?
Speaker 2: Not what is he?
Speaker 1: And reaches and gets him in round three, But I still have him as a round four, round five kind of prospect. You're really drafting him as an NFL team for the trades alone. And speaking of the trades, dude, I mean moving over to running back. A player that I honestly right now, like I'm working through my primers, all of those will be live this week on the site. A player I've got to go back and add to the Dynasty ranks and figure out where I'm going to rank him, especially considering we just updated all of our Dynasty ranks, so fantasypros dot Com slash Dynasty rankings. Isaac Garndo out of Louisville. Man, he broke numbers fits. He ran a four to three tested like he's got a nine point nine raz Like, have you had a chance to dive into his film, like, because I haven't gotten to him yet, but we got to talk about him because he blew up the combine.
Speaker 3: Dude, well de bro I mean I was familiar with him even before he got to Louisville because he spent four years playing for my Wisconsin Badgers. Oh and granted he only had ninety nine carries in four seasons there because he was stuck behind Jonathan Taylor and then Braylen Allen, and he probably was more familiar to me as a kick returner for most of his time in Madison. It wasn't until his last year where he finally got some like quality backup reps, and even then it was only five carries a game or so. He kind of reminds me away coming out of college of Antonio Gibson Debro a guy with like a size, speed, combo and profile that will make you fall in love, but a very limited resume, and you know, a more expansive resume, I guess than Antonio Gibson, who I think had under forty carries at the FBS level, whereas Girndo was at least a rotational back in his final season at Louisville. But he's physical, I mean, like he will rattle your teeth if you come up to take it. Like he is not afraid of contact. Sometimes he'll bounce things outside. I think what I saw from him Wisconsin, like he is swervy when he runs, but I don't know if he can really cut. Okay, that's what I want to see, like can he make sharp cuts, because I saw him sort of weave more than cut at Wisconsin and with the Louisville highlights I've seen so far.
Speaker 4: But I still think anything maybe.
Speaker 3: Before the fourth round for him in a twelve team super flex draft, or maybe anything before the mid third in a one QB.
Speaker 4: Rookie draft is a little too aggressive.
Speaker 3: You know, Anyone who's trying to grab him in the late second or early third, I think you're just you know, projecting and falling in love with the combine numbers.
Speaker 4: But he's interesting. He's definitely interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna have a big role for an NFL team as a running back in his first year, but as a developmental guy who can maybe contributing your two year three I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean, look the testing alone. I'm not saying that he's definitively going to be this guy, but it's very Isaiah Pacheco like as far as a guy that really just came in and blew up the combine and now he's all of a sudden on everybody's radar. And I mean for a guy that again like talking about just being keeping.
Speaker 2: One hundred here, Fits.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten to his tape yet, but if you're looking at just the analytical profile a running back amongst all running backs last year with at least one hundred carries that was fourteenth and yards after contact for attempt eighteenth and breakaway run rate, his.
Speaker 2: Numbers gonna stand out. They jump off the page. Man.
Speaker 1: So he's a guy that, Look, if you're reading my primers again, I'm going to have running back primer up later this week. He is a guy that I'm trying to get through all the film and dive into to figure out where the heck I'm gonna rank him. But a guy that, again we're talking about players that crush the combine right now, Jalen Wright has to be the next thing we bring up here, FITZI and like I had him as my RB two in my ranks, I'm curious where you sit in on him. But he did nothing to move an ECR right now for a rookie ranks. He's RB five guy went out and crushed it.
Speaker 2: Fits.
Speaker 1: He ran a four to four nine point seven ras like ninety first percent out or higher in the vert and broad.
Speaker 2: Like, what are your thoughts on right man?
Speaker 1: And I mean does do you have him at RB five or are you gonna push him higher?
Speaker 3: I actually do have him at RB five, but I moved him up. I think he was at RB nine for me pre combine or something like that.
Speaker 4: All right, And it's just that so he runs hard.
Speaker 3: Let's see four three eight and a nine point eight two relative athletics score at five ten and a half two hundred and ten pounds, almost prototypical NFL running back size. Wasn't really asked to carry that big a load at Tennessee. But then again, that's where maybe the Alvin Kamara comp could apply, because Kamara wasn't really carrying a big load for the Valls either.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he runs hard.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe bounces it outside a little too often, but it's it's really easy to see this guy making the smooth transition to the NFL with his physical characteristics.
Speaker 1: Oh he's got juice for days, man. I mean just looking at right, like over the last few years. I mean, then the numbers last season especially, they popped, dude. I mean we're talking about a running back that was fifth in yards of the contact for attempt. I've given him a third round draft kick grade. I think that's where he goes considering his testing and just looking at the overall landscape of this running back draft class, and I mean staying at the top of that draft class a player that is everybody's RB one. And yes, I'm going to issue my apology letter or I know you're listening, you're not here on the show today. I have some say you ran away from the Marshawn Lloyd apology letter.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that, but some have said.
Speaker 1: But I will issue my apology here to Trey Benson as a player that Look, I've got him as my RB four in my ranks right now.
Speaker 2: Talent is their size is there and look at the combine.
Speaker 1: We saw the speed as only their four to three nine speed nine point seven raz I mean really fits he. I'm not going to push back about anybody having him as their RB one in this class. It's just not where I fell on him. But he's in my tier one. Where do you sit on Benson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I had him at RB four pre combine. Now I've got him at two. It's gonna be two. And like I can't say I fell in love with the film when I was sort of going saying a rewatch of Benson, but the size speed numbers not unlike that of bris Hall. I mean, Benson ran a four point three to nine at six feet two hundred and sixteen pounds. Briis Hall ran a four point three nine at five to eleven two hundred and seventeen pounds. And it's Benson's size speed combination actually better than Bjhon Robinson, who ran a four point four to six at two hundred and fifteen pounds. So Benson is one pound heavier a little bit faster, but he just doesn't have the same juice as Bjeon or bris Hall no tape. I mean, if you watch, like those guys were electric in college, and I don't think you could say Benson was electric, and for that matter, wasn't really asked to carry that big a load, like he was kind of part of a timeshare situation for the Seminoles. So intriguing for sure, and in sort of this I don't know, kind of a hard to rank running back class, right debro. I mean, you take ten different draft analysts, ten different fantasy analysts, and their top tens for rookie running backs are gonna look a lot different. And you know, Benson is a guy, A lot of people are gonna have him at one, and I think we might see some people who just don't buy what they saw in film and might have him outside the top five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think again, this is going back to a running back, and my running back ranks specifically might differ from a lot of people. Just how I'm looking at these guys, like the top two guys on a lot of people's lists or trade Benson Jonathan Brooks. We know Brooks didn't tests, so he's probably not gonna fall or jump in ranks for people. But as far as Benson goes man, I mean, yeah, you're parsing through all of these guys, and the top guys like we're talking about Marshawn Lloyd didn't ever have like a high end like giant workhorse series season. Trey Benson, same thing, jam And Wright sailing the same thing. Trey Benson over the last two years only had one game where he logged at least twenty carries. So some of the concerns are justified about the workhoorps, the workhorse, the workload stuff like what can he handle just because we haven't seen it yet. Now, does he have the size frame and now the testing to back it up that possibly, yes, can he do that? Sure, man, But I mean we still have those questions about him. And right now, I mean, looking at NFL mock draft database, Fitsie Benson's sitting in the sixties like he's a possible second round pick. So you tell me, if he gets second round draft capital in the NFL draft, do you think he sneaks into the back end of the first and rookie drafts?
Speaker 2: Because I thought I could see it happening.
Speaker 4: I could see it, But I don't think he should.
Speaker 3: I don't think any running back under any circumstances should go in the first round of a super flex draft, maybe in the back half of the first round, or you know, maybe one of the last three first round picks in a one QB draft. But they are just too many good receivers in this class, teare, Yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Don't disagree with that.
Speaker 1: I think like we could see some of that shift depending on like if some of these guys, if any of these running backs do get second round capital or they go in the third, they get just the plumb landing spot. You know, some of those things can kind of move. But I'm not pushing back against them, man, Like I could see him maybe sneaking into the first round. But again, we're gonna get to the wide receivers. A lot of this comes down to where people sit on these wide receivers. But if you're sitting in rookie drafts and you're looking for a guy that maybe falls into the third or fourth round, again, I guess I'm just on the all apology team right now. Fancy, But Kamani Vadal, I know that's thors guy, So we got to bring him up here. Man, eight point eight ras have more speed than I thought he was gonna have. Like watching Vadal's tape, I thought the short area of stuff was there, but a four four forty I didn't see that coming, man, But you tell me, what do you see out of a doll? And do you think that really helped his stock a good bit because I don't know if it really bumped up his draft stock that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it should.
Speaker 3: And so I didn't see that forty time coming at all what it was going to be. I thought he was going to be a four to six guy. Agreed, And when Videll and I think I think they pronounced Fidell the Troy guys, like I've watched, I've watching a lot of a lot of video on this guy, and yeah, I mean he's sort of this no frills power runner used heavily ran between the tackles quite a bit, and I thought he was kind of a small plotter, which is not something you want to be described as if you're running back coming in.
Speaker 1: Well, we're on one on one then, because my comprahend was Devin Singletary, So I'm with you on that fit scene.
Speaker 3: And that might not be a bad comp Actually, de bro and Singletary has been I think kind of surprisingly productive in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I think Videll could be that same guy.
Speaker 3: And I almost wanted to see him run a four to six so I could grab him in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Round of drafts.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that happens anymore.
Speaker 3: Like, I definitely i'd rather have Videll than Girndo because of what Videll is put on tape, Like he's a slam dunk top ten guy for me now, and like I think you can make a case for him being as high as five or six.
Speaker 1: I think you can make the case, especially like I mean right now, I guess I'm making the case right now because we're gonna talk about some guys that kind of fell on their face at the combine, but Videll like after the combine showing I have him at RB six. I mean the tackle breaking metrics kind of line up his game overall, and with Thorn and I saw down at Senior Bowl. I mean he can catch passes. His routes out of the backfield look pretty good, man. I think he's underrated as far as a receiver out of the backfield. But I buried the lead long enough fit SI and we had a Again I'm not saying Thors not on this show because he didn't want to issue the apology letter to Marshawn Lloyd. But he's not here, so people can draw their own conclusions with that.
Speaker 2: But we did put out.
Speaker 1: A bet before this show, and I let Mike Mayer, Oh, Mike Mayer set the line at four five three forty for Marshawn Lloyd, and he went out and just ripped that in half.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: He ran a four four six, came in with an eight point nine raz and I look, you talked about the difference in people's ranks and stuff.
Speaker 2: I put my stamp on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was already huge into Marshawn Lloyd coming into the process, especially adding on top of film analytics what we saw in Mobile.
Speaker 2: I'm not backing off.
Speaker 1: Dude to call me crazy, and I'm ready for it. FITZI, he's my RB one.
Speaker 2: In this class. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I could apologize on behalf of thor or just apologize myself because I had Lloyd in the back part of my top ten.
Speaker 4: I no, I've got him RBI. I've got him RB four.
Speaker 2: Now all right, let's go and respect on that man's name. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the four four six at two hundred and twenty pounds was great. And plus we know he is a like a dog on Blitz pick up, Like he is a he is not afraid of the physical stuff, and it's just the production profile in college wasn't great. But then again, this guy was playing on a college team in his final season.
Speaker 4: He was at South Carolina for most of his career, but.
Speaker 3: His final season he's on a team where they're featuring Caleb Williams. So you can understand why he only had what eight hundred and twenty rushing yards in his last season at USC. So yeah, he has some pass catching ability, not afraid to do the dirty work, Like he could play on any of the three downs, which you like seeing for a prospect because he could. You know, there are few three down workhorses anymore, but Lloyd could fit a number of different roles. He could play on passing downs for you, he could play on early downs for you, And that's what you like because he has sort of role flexibility and that's going to help a rookie he you know, get touches right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just look at Lloyd.
Speaker 1: And I love to see that throughout this entire process because he was listed as lighter than that, and then throughout this entire process he's he weighed.
Speaker 2: In at Senior Bowl. And correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Anybody out there can correct me if I'm wrong on the on the YouTube receipts, like the comments, correct me here. But I want to say he not only weighed in heavier at Senior Bowl, but as well in the combine coming in at two twenty dude, and he ran faster than when a lot of people were going to give him credit for, like on the heavier weight. All that speaks volumes man as a running back. We're waiting and hoping some of these running backs like Jalen Wright, Marshaun Lloyd, Trey Benson. Basically they put the cape on and come and fly in and save this class, which everybody's down on the running back class. There's some guys in here that I like a little bit more than consensus, like I've got I've got a third round grade on Marshaon Lloyd, I've had a third round grade the entirety of this process.
Speaker 2: So none of that's changing.
Speaker 1: The receipts are out there, go check it, Go look back on the Senior Bowl recap shows on YouTube and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's where I've been on him, man.
Speaker 1: But so really this is just more validation for how much I loved Lloyd through this process. But a guy we got to talk about here next FITZI and again going back to Michigan.
Speaker 2: I know you don't like them, but we gotta discuss.
Speaker 1: Blake kora Man. He is RB four in ECR and I'm curious where that ranking goes as we kind of moved through this process where he's going to go in the NFL draft because he didn't do hisself any kind of help as far as testing metrics, FITZI, I mean we already knew the size was. I'm not going to say a concern, but he's on the borderline at five seven two oh five of being like can you be a workhorse? Are you just a timeshare back? And then he goes out and coming off the you know, we know all know the injury history, but dude, coming off that injury history and he runs a four five three, his vert is only seventy second percent tile on his RAS comes in at five point eight. Like, do you think he goes screaming down boards coming close to the NFL draft or is this more of like teams go back to the to the film and they say, all right, that's fine, but that's really not the special sauce with Blake Gorham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't think he's gonna go first too rounds. I still think he could go third round because of what he put on film. De bro He's still my RB one in this room, really, okay, I mean Quick feats best vision of anyone. I think he is the most instinctive and resourceful runner in this entire draft class, and like seeing it on tape what he does I mean he is just like the subtlety in his run. He just knows how to maximize runs, like he'll he knows when to cuts, he knows when to hit the brakes, he knows when to stomp the accelerator. He knows when to just lower his shoulder and pick up in extra one or two yards when he's about to be tackled, Like he is just a professional run on her and like I have no doubt he's gonna make a smooth transition. And boy, if he gets the draft capital if he gets for instance, Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, don't say the chargers. You're gonna say the chargers.
Speaker 4: Can you just see him as the Chargers early down back? I mean, I could totally see that. I think.
Speaker 3: I think despite the testing numbers, and by the way, I think he measured at five eight not five to seven short, our guy.
Speaker 2: Deepro that's your guy. That's not my guy. It's your guy. I'll let you, I'll let you have him. Pity.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I think he's terrific. And I've heard Ray Rice and Doug Martin comps. I think he's better than Doug Martin was. Like I think I think the Ray Rice comp is the more applicable one for for Blake Quorum.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not saying that I hate the guy. I just think that looking at the skill set, the testing, especially if you also lop on all of that as well as the pass game utility, how much is he going to see it with that in the NFL. That's where my worries come down on him. But I mean, my word, worries about him pale in comparison to my worries about Bucky Irving. And Bucky Irving could not have had and look, I watched his tape going into this fitsy. I'm still working through my write up for Bucky Irving, but Thorn and I talked about this man going into the combine. He needed to crush the combine to really kind of assuage some of those fears with Bucky Irving five nine two, because you know they were going.
Speaker 2: To be talked about the size.
Speaker 1: Does he have the speed, the burst, all these things to overcome the size concerns. And then Bucky Irving goes out and runs a four or five six. He goes out and he only jumps a twenty nine and a half vert Like all of these metrics are bad. Like his vert was tenth percentile, his broad jump is fortieth percentile. He came away with a two point two raz FITZI like Irving's RB seven and ECR and I'm he's one of the guys. The next two guys we're gonna talk about the next two or three guys we're gonna talk about here. I am unfortunately going to be fading in my ranks because of the concerns. Man, But you tell me, like, are you fading Bucky Irving in your ranks or where's he at?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't remember if I moved him out of my top ten, but he is at best RB ten for me, and I think he's like RB eleven and everything you said, Debro And maybe people are going to look back at the lesson of Kyron Williams, who came in as an undersized back who ran a really slow time.
Speaker 4: But here's the difference.
Speaker 3: Kyron Williams was a physical college player at Notre Dame. Bucky Irving is not. He is a space back and he's not physical at all. And for him to run that slow a time, like it's concerning for sure, Like I just I think he's going to be kind of a should be more of an afterthought now in rookie drafts, Like it's hard to see him deserving even third round draft capital in rookie drafts when there were some people pre Combine who had him as their RB one. Not gonna say any names, but I know there was some fantasy analysts who had Bucky Irving as their favorite RB prospect In this.
Speaker 1: There's no way he can stay RB one for anybody that like considering the testing and stuff, like, if you keep him as your RB one, I'm just gonna say it, like you're you're digging your heels in it's take look like we have to stay liquid to this entire process fits hee, Like there are guys like where the testing is gonna move mountains for as far as in ranks and what we think and right now, especially like if you look on mock draft database, Bucky Irving still has a third round eedp expected draft position. I don't think that's gonna hold. I don't think he should have ever had a third round grade on him. Right now, Bucky Irving is hoping that maybe what he goes out and runs again in his pro day, maybe he's fast or maybe he tests. I mean, he does well as far as his pro day and maybe save some of that. But I look at him as like a fourth or fifth round back. Maybe fifth round considering some of the guys that we have showing out, But do you see him going in the fourth round or is that even too much?
Speaker 4: Day three?
Speaker 3: For sure, I'll be really surprised if he's a Day two back at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, And look again, we're staying on the pain train here. Guy that we met DENI Mobile got a chance to talk to. I'd love this kid, Cody Schrader, I think again my ride ups, my look at him is I think he's gonna be a fantastic pro. But he didn't do anything to help himself. Fits he at the combine, So we got to discuss it, man, Like for a player that was in the Heisman conversation, got some votes, crazy production profile, but then has a three point zero raz like, he ran a four to six one and if you look at the film, that's kind of what I thought he was gonna do. But were you surprised by Cody Schrader And how far is he gonna fall?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He ran a four to six at five eight and a half two hundred and two pounds and then injured his hamstring on his second dash, so that was his first dash. Then he and I know, like was really a workhorse for Missouri and led the SEC in rushing with sixteen hundred yards and that's a conference that had some really good runners. Ray Davis, uh, the kid from old miss quinch On. So yeah, I mean it's it's disappointing, and I think he is probably another Day three pick. But like, I don't want to entirely rule out Cody Schrader because another one of those guys de Bro who does he can catch passes. So Schrader's another one of those guys who could conceivably play on any down. But yeah, now I don't think there's probably wasn't any chance before that he went on Day two, but now we might be looking at sixth or seventh round at bet Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean I look at him, is a team's gonna have to fall in love with him for him to go in round five. I look him as probably being like a round six guy, Like a team says, look like we want to bring you in, we want.
Speaker 2: You on the squad.
Speaker 1: We don't want to fight UDFA stuff and things like that. So I think I think he still gets drafted, but that round five capital could have dropped round six considering the testing and for a player that could honestly just fall out of the NFL draft. I know that sounds crazy, but Fitzi Adrick Holefield, excuse me, Audrick estimate. Looking at what he did at the combine, it's struggle bus man, it's rough, and I will give him his flowers. That look in the vertical in the broad jump he did have ninety first or higher percentile marks. But when you were a five eleven two twenty power back and we could talk about, yes, you could break tackles and stuff, I am burying him in my ranks. After he went out and ran a four seven forty. This isn't a wide receiver we're talking about fits He like a four to seven is bad. Man like that just kind of tanks his entire outlook as far as the NFL draft in the NFL. But am I insane there? Or are you burying him in ranks as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What's with the Notre Dame guys? And they're bad forty times? Because Hyra, it's like Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: They can't run fast than a straight line, whereas everybody that comes out of Penn State, they're like like shot out.
Speaker 2: Of a rocket, Babe.
Speaker 3: They don't do sprints in South Bend. I guess, I guess I'm a lot less worried than you are about st. De bro just because I think he is a prototypical early down thumper. Yeah, two twenty one, maybe you wish he were a little bigger and four to seven at two twenty one not great when we're talking about Marshaun Lloyd being only one one pound lighter and running.
Speaker 4: A four to four six.
Speaker 3: But just because the kind of back estimate is, I think now like he really shouldn't be in anyone's top five in this running back class. But now I've still got him at either it's either RB nine or RB ten, I've still got him as a top ten guy. And uh, you know, in Dynasty, maybe he's gonna be a little less valuable just because he does not profile as a pass catcher at all, that he's not gonna play on third downs in the NFL, He's gonna be an early down guy like Braylan Allen. But you know, Braylan Allen is bigger and faster, So I think Estime has to go a little later. Like I don't see him going before the late third in most rookie drafts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he's a guy that I'm just going to kind of off the board, to be honest, FITZI like right now still getting through some of the lower running backs in this class, but like that four to seven forty is just a coffin nail for me, like when you add on top, Like, okay, so if he was a good pass catcher, maybe he has a saving grace, like there's utility there. But we're talking about a guy that didn't weigh in like if he was in the two thirties. Okay, fine, let's give him a pass. You know, maybe he put on wad for the combine whatever. But as a player that you talked about the comparable size to Marshawn Lloyd. But then he goes out and runs a four to seven, Like it's not good man, like you can name. I mean probably it's a very very short list of really good running backs or good fantasy options that have run four sevens.
Speaker 2: Like four six is fine, Like I'm totally fine with that.
Speaker 1: I'm still in you know, that's not damning, especially if your ten yard split is pretty good.
Speaker 2: But with estimate, that's not even the case.
Speaker 1: Man, Like even his ten yard split was twenty third percentile. So even if you want to say that's the saving grace, it's tough, man, it's a real tough sell. But look, if people are still in an audric estimate, you could go get your exposure. Man, just head to Reality Sports Online. If you go, and I know everybody's talking about it. It's a fantastic platform. It's the most powerful sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy teams just like NFL general managers.
Speaker 2: The question is have you tried it yet? Okay? If not, here is your chance. Baby.
Speaker 1: All the buzz in the Dynasty community is around Reality Sports Online free agency, multi year contracts, rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags at the franchise tag coming up here in the NFL, fit's the contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much more. It sounds complicated, it's really not really when you look at this. The best thing about Reality Sports Online front office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league.
Speaker 2: It just requires more strategy.
Speaker 1: You think you're among the fantasy elite, well, this is the perfect platform for you to test your metal. Go test out the general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. It's the promo code Fantasy Pros for a ten percent discount. Fantasy just got real with Roality Sports Online and we're talking about real stuff. Fitsie, Can we talk about a real record being broken at the combine?
Speaker 2: Xavier Worthy?
Speaker 1: Next guy we got to talk about. Man, I'm just gonna hang up and listen. Tell me what you think about Xavier Worthy and his blazing, lightning feet.
Speaker 4: Baby, that was fun.
Speaker 3: He needed to be blazing, though, Debro when you think about it, when he measured in at only one hundred and sixty five pounds, which was the same weight as Tank Dell last year, and Tank Dell ran a four point four to nine, And that's why I was.
Speaker 4: I was out on Tank Dell when he ran the four four nine.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm glad Thor is not here to hear that because he.
Speaker 3: I know, and you guys, you guys had been to the Senior Ball and you told me like covering Tank Dell was like trying to cover Mercury yep.
Speaker 4: And yet when he ran that time, I'm like, nope.
Speaker 3: I'm out. I'm not touching this guy. That's just not fast enough for a dude who weighs that little. But the route running is the secret sauce for Tank Dell. And you know what, debro, Xavier Worthy is a heck of a route runner man, Yes, sir, put on the film when I when I watched him, Like, the first guy who popped to mind for me was Devonte Smith when I watched Davior Worthy.
Speaker 4: I mean like, it's the same type of thing.
Speaker 3: So and I know people see the one hundred and sixty five pounds and they're worried about what's going to happen when a cornerback gets his hands on Xavier Worthy and jams him. Good luck getting your hands on this guy, because he is quick. He is quick.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: You can't press what you can't catch, man, like you got to hang with him. And here's the other thing, FITZI if you go try to press him with the line and you don't get your hands on him, Look, you're already two three steps behind, baby.
Speaker 2: I love the.
Speaker 1: Fact that we've talked about Tank Dell in here, Thorn and I have thrown out the comp for Xavier Worthy as Tank Dell. I've said he's DeShawn Jackson with better route running chops, And I love the fact that you brought up his route running because that's the first thing people talk about.
Speaker 2: The speed.
Speaker 1: That's and I'm not telling people we're talking about this as the combine. I'm not telling people to not talk about the speed, but that's the first thing that will get mentioned about Xavier Worthy. When I think like you that the first thing people should be talking about Xavier Worthy is his route running.
Speaker 2: Man, it's special.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna crush I think looking at this combine, I already had him as a first round grade. There's no way that the top thirty two teams now draft on night one and Xavier Worthy does not hear his name called.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? Fitsy Like he's the first round locked now.
Speaker 4: There's no way he gets past the Chiefs thirty No way, no way.
Speaker 3: A franchise that value speed as much as the Chiefs do. If he's there, I totally see them grabbing him. And the thing about Worthy, one last thought de bro is that like he is not just a nine route guy. This is not Philip dor Satz. He runs the full tree man. And it was actually like he averaged fewer yards per catch than at Ni Mitchell, Yeah Texas last year, and Mitchell was more the lidlift during that offense and Worthy was more the intermediate range guy. So yeah, I mean, like, don't I think people are gonna want to stereotype Xavier Worthy and like it's weird. I mean, certainly the four two one gets people's attention, but like, don't I would not worry too much about the small frame with this guy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 1: And the other thing we need to talk about it's a different NFL man, Like you're not seeing like you're seeing guys at smaller size, Like they're not asking them to run over the middle constantly, and they're not absorbing these monster hits like we're talking about Ronnie Lott style in the eighties.
Speaker 2: And guys like you don't see that.
Speaker 1: So smaller players are succeeding, and we're seeing guys that have speed and route running chops like good luck trying to press them, good luck trying to beat them like they can beat Man coverage.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact that you brought up at I Mitchell because he's the guy.
Speaker 1: Like if you're doing mock drafts right now on fantasypros dot com slash simulator and you're rolling through all of these where he goes in drafts right now, FITSI is gonna be very very interesting and we're probably gonna continue to see him go up the board, like does he get first round capital? Like he went out and put up a nine point nine rass blew out every testing metric that he possibly could have. But I'm curious on your thoughts, man, because people know I'm not in on Mitchell. I'm not a Mitchell guy. But where do you sit on him? After running a four three four forty at the combine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so And to run that four three four and to put up a nine point eight relative athletic score at six two, two hundred and five pounds, I think he's gonna be a first round NFL pick now. But after watching him at Texas I guess I am a little agnostic on whether I think he's going to be a hit in the NFL. I just I like Worthy more, but same considering the physical blessings that Adni Mitchell has, I would not be surprised if he turned out to be a really good NFL receiver. So I just like I didn't what I saw of him at Texas did not electrify me. But there were certainly moments. I mean there were certainly moments, and you know, with his physical makeup, like I think he has probably earned himself first round NFL draft capital and like probably maybe in super flex drafts, just outside the first round of rookie drafts, and in one QB leagues, I think he's a first round or for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see all that.
Speaker 1: And the reasons that I'm out on him is because of kind of what we've discussed here. Worthy was easily the better player on that exact same team. And you know, we could talk about Quinn Ewers, we could talk about the quarterback play at Texas. I mean, you know, foreshadowing here. I'm not gonna be a yours guy when he comes out next year. Just not I've watched enough of him short arming, Exavier Worthy and Mitchell on deep routes. I don't need to see anymore. But looking at Mitchell, he's also still a player if you just go back to the analytical stuff. He never earned over an eighteen point one percent targets here at all in college, never finished a season with higher than one point seventy two yards per route run, and both of those metrics, I mean we're talking about Fitzy like targets are earned, and yeah, guys can go run out. The NFL is littered and the NFL draft history is littered with guys that have gone out and run four threes, four twos and done nothing in the NFL. Because the other part about wide receiver is, oh dear lord, there are other parts of it that you have to have as far as route running and other parts of your game to succeed. It's not just run fast and straight line, catch ball, score touchdowns. So Mitchell is a guy where I'm I'm just lower on the consensus. But speaking of you know where we're coming at, and on consensus on I know you've been itching, you've been pining to talk about this guy, Keon Coleman baby, and I was gonna lead this off with me giving my apology letter, but I'm gonna I'm just gonna keep it real.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it one hundred here.
Speaker 1: Keon Coleman did not do anything at the combine that and I know I gave you tons of crap. We were just on our team trip in Nashville, and every time you and I linked up, whether it was the bar, the Airbnbs and stuff like that, we were walking by each other and You're like, Kean Coleman. I'm like, high fancy, what's up, Kean Coleman, Keon Coleman. The thing about Keon Coleman is he didn't do anything at the combine that I wasn't expecting. Like I could shade him for running the four sixes, but the miles per hour backup that he's got game speed. I thought he was gonna jump out of the gym and he did that. Man thirty eight inch vert over ten feet for the broad Both of those were eighty seven percentile or higher.
Speaker 2: If you turn on the film.
Speaker 1: I'm still lower on him, just based off the route running process.
Speaker 2: Prowess, excuse me.
Speaker 1: But tell me why I should love Keon Coleman. Moore fits he yeah, I know that's your guy.
Speaker 3: That's your guy, and you you did after his four six two on his first attempt. I think you texted me his professional obituary immediately, or you're like, oh, it's.
Speaker 4: Called professional slighting.
Speaker 2: Okay, just just to put it out there.
Speaker 3: You're like, Keon four six two, no bueno. You know you're just like done with him. So yeah, I mean he he does run that slow forty time, but then he goes out on the gauntlet drill and he hits what twenty point five twenty point seven miles per hour while running in a dead straight line as you're supposed to and making it look easy on the catches where you've got like Troy Franklin weaving around like uh, you know me on a Saturday night in college coming out of the bars. Franklin, that guy that hurt oh man, you saw him on that gauntlet drill, like, dude, I did stay on the stay on the line.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: So he's a different type of receiver. We all have our types, debro Right. It's just like life partners. We all have our types of receivers. And Keon Coleman is in that Mike Evans des Bryant phylum of ball skills. He is about the elite ball skills and not so much about the separation. He's never going to be an elite separator, but he does play fast. There is a reason why Florida State had him returning punts last fall. You know, if he was a complete slug as far as speed, he would not have been fielding punts. And yeah, like I this guy has made some electrifying plays. He played college basketball for Tom Izzoe at Michigan State, so we.
Speaker 4: Know he's got hops.
Speaker 3: I just have no doubts that it's six ' three, two hundred and thirteen with that kind of playing speed and his just phenomenal ball skills, Like if you throw it in the vicinity of him, He's most likely coming down with it a la Mike Evans. So I think he can be someone's classic Alf the X receiver. And uh, you know, I'll be surprised if he gets out of the first round.
Speaker 1: Honestly, well, he needs those ball skills because the route running chops in separation are just not their fitzy. But I digress, moving on, But a guy that can separate, I just had to get the dig there. But a guy that can separate and I will. I'm gonna own this, FITZI, we have not discussed Lad mconkie. You and I we talked about Kean Coleman for days and days and days, but we have not discussed Lad McConkie.
Speaker 2: Ladd.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, he put me in a coffin as as a guy that I'm gonna go back to the tape on. I had serious concerns coming into the combine. Does he have the true straight line speed to take the top off of defense, because you've seen on film corners can hang with him on deep routes. But gez, FITZI, we're gonna four to three nine, dude, he had a ten yard split that was ninety third percentile. I did not see four to three speed for lad coming man, did you.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I thought it would be four to four something, honestly, okay, and I put.
Speaker 1: Him in the four to five like, I get it makes me a hater. I'm a hater, but I didn't see it coming man like with that considering the speed, man, like, did you move him up in your dynasty ranks right.
Speaker 2: Now for rookies or did he kind of just stay at the same.
Speaker 3: Spot yeah, I mean I've got him behind like Kean and Worthy, but I think I've got him at like wide receiver seven. Maybe that's exactly why I guess my hesitation with him is why were the numbers not better in college? Why did he in his final two seasons with the Georgia Bulldogs average three point seven catches and fifty one point seven receiving yards a game.
Speaker 4: He just was not a prolific producer at Georgia.
Speaker 3: But then again, I mean, like, who has had a better off season than lad McConkie at the senior ball in the combine and you watch the cutups of him like doing he is a route technician. There's no reason this guy shouldn't be good in Maybe he's gonna be one of those guys like Hunter Renfro, who and I know Hunter Renafro really only put up great numbers in one season, but Renfel was another guy who like didn't put up glistening numbers in college, but then translated really well to the NFL.
Speaker 4: So maybe Ladd is going to be in that kind of class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really curious, like where he's gonna go in the NFL draft. I think considering the combine showing like you can make like back into the first round, you can make a case for him in the back into the first round. After that type of showing, I think he more likely settles in as a second round pick in the NFL draft. And I will push back against some of these things. I don't know if you've seen this out there. Considering the testing though FITSI the side by side comparisons between Ladd mcconkey's testing and size versus Garrett Wilson. Look, I might be a lad hater, or at least like supposedly a LAD hater. I'm just be keeping it real here, man, Like, you cannot comp him to Garrett Wilson. They are two absolutely and total totally different players. So don't even like you can miss me with all that noise. But am I insane for that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that just a blasphemous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Garrett Wilson's a far better prospect. I mean he was.
Speaker 3: It's more, much more, much better college production, and just you could see it like that. Garrett Wilson could be an Alpha in the NFL. And I don't think Lad mcconki is going to be a complimentary receiver. Maybe a really good one, but like he's not going to be a fourteen hundred yard guy at any point in his career.
Speaker 4: I just can't say I agree.
Speaker 1: I think that he settles in as a strong wide receiver three or two for a team depending on the you know, the depth chart and stuff. And that's fine, Like it's okay, not all, not every prospect that comes out, like we're not expecting to be a wide receiver one for an NFL team, And that's fine. And that kind of leads us into the next guy we're going to discuss here, Ricky Piersoll that we're had a chance to talk to him at Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: Fantastic interview. Loved the kid.
Speaker 1: He went out and did himself nothing but favors. At the combine, man nine point seven ras ran a four to four. All the highlights are there, the one handed catches, the route running, all these types of things. What are your thoughts on Piersal after this showing, because I'll be straight up FITZI like, I was surprised by these testing metrics. I didn't see that on film, and I think he really helped us stock here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a four to four to one at six one, one hundred and eighty nine pounds impressive, And yeah, I think in a way, deepro he might benefit from coming out with this draft class because the last two, two, maybe three draft class class is just a wash in slot receivers and like not a lot of those big outside wide receivers. Now we've got a lot of the big outside guys in this class and not really many pure slot guys, and piersl is probably one of the few and one of the best. So yeah, like day two pick, without question, would you agree that's where he's going?
Speaker 5: I agree to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've had him as like a round three grade, So that's that's about where I put him. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: A team's gonna have to love him to for him to go in the round two. Now, can it happen? Yeah, I mean it could happen. Only takes one team. I mean we saw, like just think of the last time around this time last year, FITZI was any of were any of us talking about Jayden Reid as a second round pick? No, So it only takes one team for Pearsal to go in the second round?
Speaker 2: Am I saying it's wrong? No? Am I?
Speaker 1: With all that hype and thinking that he goes in the second round. No, I think that he's a third round pick in the NFL draft. And you're talking about the big guys, the big body types. One of them that tested really well in Indy is an xavierly Get, a player that we did not see breakout at South Carolina until his final season. He made sweet music with him and Spencer Rattler, who again helped himself as well at the combine. But I mean, tell me your thoughts on the xavierly Get man. Because nine point nine Raz ran a four to three nine. A lot of people were extremely high.
Speaker 2: On his testing.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of back and forth when you marry that with the film and the analytics.
Speaker 2: But what do you think about Laget.
Speaker 3: Same four to three nine as you said in nine point nine rass at six one, two hundred and twenty one pounds. I mean, this guy is a specimen, including a forty inch vertical. So but at the same time, I think he's kind of a developmental guy Debro because he didn't do anything until he was a fifth year senior, playing in his age twenty two season against much younger defenders, and now he's twenty three and he's not a polished route runner by any stretch. I think he's a guy who is not going to pop as a rookie. He's just not going to There's there's too much work to be done. But with the right team, if they can develop him, like could be good in a year.
Speaker 4: Or two, a couple of years down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's a guy that's going to end up overdrafted. I mean, this is why we try to marry everything through the analyt the profile, you know. We look at all the different parts of pieces as well as the production and not just the testing stuff, you know, and try to figure out what is the range of outcomes for these players. And I just think le Get's gonna probably get overdrafted because of the physical profile, because of what he did at the combine.
Speaker 2: I understand it.
Speaker 1: But again, a guy that I'm probably not gonna be looking for in rookie drafts, and I think NFL teams are probably gonna fall a little bit too much in love with the testing stuff.
Speaker 2: But staying on the testing man, we got to.
Speaker 1: Talk about Lut McCaffrey, the lesser Noel McCaffrey amongst the McCaffrey brothers, a guy that started out a quarterback, switched to wide receiver, really put up some good numbers at Rice, and then he's Honestly, I'm not gonna say he's a my guy, but a player that I really liked, and especially see him at Senior Bowl. For me, with McCaffrey, you put him in the slot asking to be his own coverage. I think he can absolutely do that, and he helped himself at the combine. We're in a four to four, six nine point five, nine point five ras. He was one of the rare guys that did all the short areas stuff because he knew he was gonna go out there and crush it. His shuttle ninety six percentile fitsy three cone ninety fourth percentile. So he's a guy that I think, like, look, if he gets the third or fourth round capital, I'm going to be looking for him in the back end of rookie drafts.
Speaker 2: Do you have any kind of love for McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would just echo everything you said, Debro. And he's six to two, which is nice. He's taller than his older brother and not quite as tall as his dad. Easy Ed McCaffrey, who was what like six ' five but you know, it's nice to have the bigger slot type like that six ' two, a guy who can who is the reach to haul in a ball that's maybe not thrown right on target out of the slot. So yeah, I like him a lot. Pretty much on board with everything you just said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my conference is Jacoby Myers two point zero, so we'll see if it comes for a wish.
Speaker 2: But I like the kid a lot.
Speaker 1: I like him a lot, and it's not just the easy quarterback layup. You know, we're trying to get you know, different out here. But speaking of different profiles, dude, I mean you talked about a lot of guys in this class that are big boundary. The receivers can play physical and stuff.
Speaker 2: One of the guys that's.
Speaker 1: Screaming up boards right now after his combine showing Leak Washington. Now, I know the seven point six raz doesn't like just jump off the page.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about a lot of guys that are in the nines.
Speaker 1: But ran a four to four to seven as far as the forty yard goes. His vert and his broad jump were both ninety seven percent excuse me, eighty seven percentile or higher, and his final year statistics, FITZI were just eye popping. What do you see in Malik Washington doing in the NFL? Is he a second round pick? Third round pick? Or do you think he goes later?
Speaker 3: Maybe late third more likely. I think he goes sometime in the fourth. Again, it was interesting. He really didn't do much at Northwestern. But unlike Xavier Legatt, where it's hard to explain why he didn't do anything until he was a fifth year senior, it's a little easier for Malik Washington because by the time Elik Washington was an upper classman at Northwestern, their quarterbacks situation was hot garbage juice basically. Then he goes to Virginia and becomes this absolute alpha fourteen hundred and twenty six yards at Virginia basketball. So yeah, he was a premium producer for the Cavs. Man, I'm intrigued, and he was a guy who was really, I mean totally not on my radar at all. I was familiar with him from his Northwestern days because that's right in my backyard, but I did not see his twenty twenty three season coming, and it definitely puts him on NFL teams radars.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think so too, man.
Speaker 1: I think he could be a great value as far as looking at the NFL draft teams that need a slot wide receiver eighty seven percent in the slot last year, second in PFF receiving grade, so the numbers are there, and looking at his numbers and his size and his speed profile versus a monster, a mountain of a man getting back to the bigger boundary guys. Johnny Wilson, I just he is a guy that I have been enamored with this entire process. Six foot six, two point thirty one FITSI goes out and runs a four or five to two test, just unbelievable and basically everything. He even did the shuttle dude eighty seven percentile a four.
Speaker 2: Point one point one short shuttle.
Speaker 1: Johnny Wilson is somebody people need to be circling on their draft boards looking for. If you again, if you're doing mock drafts, I think he's gonna fall probably third round of rookie drafts. And count count me in, count me is intrigued. I think the ceiling is there, But what do you see out of Johnny Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people should be doing mock drafts on our mock draft simulator which you mentioned earlier, Debro, but that is a good warm up for U. And you know we are tweaking our rookie rankings, so those rookie rankings fuel our mock draft simulator for our rookie draft, so you know, take advantage. It's gonna change, is things, draft capital changes, That's gonna change a lot of things, so that'll affect it. Yeah, Wilson is interesting, Debro, because I mean, is he going to wind up being another Devin Funches where there's just not a fit And I hate to bring that name up, like that's probably unfair to Johnny Wilson. It's easy to see him if he gets classified as a tight end having a Derek Darren Waller type career arc because like that's I think that's the obvious comp But Waller was a tight end.
Speaker 2: That's my comp yep.
Speaker 3: And like Wilson, you know what sort of eligibility is he going to get on our platforms for fantasy as a rookie. Is he going to be like Marcus Colston where he gets classified as a tight.
Speaker 4: End in year one?
Speaker 3: That would be really nice because I don't know if he is going to if he's purely considered a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much he's going to move the needle.
Speaker 3: For fantasy, honestly, like I want to see him get tight end eligibility.
Speaker 1: No, And we also did, I mean thorn I talked about this in mobile like where teams going to ask him. We did get some kind of inklings from the combine. The teams at least were scratching around the tight end stuff. And I know Johnny Wilson kind of shot that down as far as in questions stuff on the podium, which I get it. He wants to play wide receiver, and I understand that. I can respect that, But the elite upside path, the path to you getting better draft capital, maybe going instead of the fourth round of the third round, it's all there.
Speaker 2: If you move to tight end. Now will he do that? Who knows.
Speaker 1: I'm still in on him as a wide receiver because the kid can play, and I think that especially you're looking at a guy that at.
Speaker 2: That size should not be able to move that way.
Speaker 1: So if he is thrown into the tight end mix, he would be my clear tight end two. But if we're not talking about him in that ilk, then I still think the conversation for tight end two in this class is wide open fits he. So with these last few final names, man like, we got to talk about it the tight end two conversation for this class, especially looking at what Jatavian Sanders did at the combine, I think it's fully wide open, man Like. Sanders didn't just cement that for me, and I'm not saying. And then he went on and had a bad combine eight point zero, raz ran a four six nine. He did measure in fine like six three, two forty five. But you tell me out of this final bucket of tight ends. So Jatavian Sanders, Theo Johnson, Bensonnatt and jaheem Bell, all of these guys varying testing. If it's not Jatavian Sanders, and I want your take on him, roll fast. But if he's not the tight end two, which one of these guys are you gonna put your chips behind for tight end two?
Speaker 3: So Jatavian still is my tight end two just because of what I saw of him at Texas, Like I'm convinced like he's the second best pass catching tight end behind Brock Bauers. Okay, in this tight end class, like THEO Johnson is fascinating, especially since I know our guy Scott there at over at Fantasy Points has done some really good work suggesting that athleticism is the best predictor of how tight ends are going to do in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And here's THEO Johnson putting up.
Speaker 3: A perfect ten relative athletic score unning a four point five seven at six six, two hundred and fifty nine pounds.
Speaker 4: But then again, his best season at Penn.
Speaker 3: State last year thirty four catches for three hundred and forty one yards, seven touchdowns. But then again, I don't want to hold the Penn State offense against THEO Johnson because let's just say, if you watch Penn State enough, there are some things about that offense that are somewhat counterintuitive. So yeah, like he was a total afterthought for me, and now I think he's absolutely gonna get picked in every rookie draft and probably like in the fourth round. Now, and you know, sanat, let's not overlook him. A nine point seventy five relative athletics scorer at six four, two fifty and he did have a very productive last year at Kansas State six hundred and seventy six yards and six touchdowns forty nine receptions, So he's interesting.
Speaker 4: Jeem Bell, like, his testing was fine?
Speaker 3: What eight point five rass four point six one dash at two hundred and forty one fine?
Speaker 2: But for his size did right?
Speaker 1: You also walk away feeling like because they listed him as six to two. Now if you go back to Senior Bowl, he measured in at six ' one and some change.
Speaker 2: So depending on where.
Speaker 1: That that needle gets moved to, is gonna change his testing. But I'll say this, Jaeen Bell's analytical profile is fantastic.
Speaker 2: His testing and his size, I'm probably out on him. But am I wrong? Fitzy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I think, like, no way can he be an in line tight end, and like I don't even know if he's a classic move tight end.
Speaker 4: He might be more of an HPAC type guy still.
Speaker 2: Too tall for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's just he's kind of a weird fit and I would have to be really excited about his landing. Spider would have to be like, I don't know what the Chiefs or some team with a really creative play caller would have to take Jaem Bell for me to be interested in taking him in a rookie draft.
Speaker 2: I'm with you too.
Speaker 1: I think he's more kind of like the poor man's Micahseki in the sense of like he's gonna be a move tight end, but he doesn't have the size nor the athletic to really necessitate or say Okay, that role is mine and to keep it.
Speaker 2: He's just kind of a tweener guy.
Speaker 1: And that's where I've been, And I was like, Okay, well, if he's a tweener guy, he needs to go out and just test amazingly to justify. Like he's a guy that I think, like, considering the size and all everything else, his usage and stuff, he needs to switch to wide receiver or we're gonna see his draft stock possibly plummet.
Speaker 2: Fitsie.
Speaker 1: But I mean, what do you think? I mean, do you do you think there's a world where jaheem Bell could fall to the fifth round?
Speaker 2: Because I think it easily could happen.
Speaker 4: He could. I mean.
Speaker 3: The name that keeps coming to mind with him now is Josiah Deguara, the Packers took unwisely in the third round in twenty twenty, and you know, haven't haven't figured out what to do with him yet, and like a guy who's just not good enough to really be featured in an offense.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm not being kind enough to Jaheim Bell, but like, I don't know, I still to remain open to see where the landing spot, like whether we like the landing spot.
Speaker 4: But as of now, I'm pretty disinterested.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard for Dugard to get on the field when you have new studs in there, just like Tuck of Craft. So I mean, I understand it's hard to getta snaps when you have studs there. But again, Thorn missing this show. We're missing some studs here on this show. Thank you again, FITZI for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, we ran through a ton of players in this show. Talk about all the combine stuff.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: If you're doing mock drafts, you got to be heading to Fantasy Pros. If you are doing trades in Dynasty, check out the trade value chart. Thor and I will be back next week. We're gonna run through positional stuff. We're gonna start hammering all of our positional ranks. So stay tuned for that show and appreciate you'all tuning in.
Speaker 2: We're out of here.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football. Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.