Speaker 1: It's either going to be the best hour or the worst hour of your life. But I'm under one thing. This podcast is very memorable.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you're gonna create core memories coming up now.
Speaker 3: This morning, when I got in, I counted all the different parking spots in the garage downstairs.
Speaker 1: It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Yeah, and you know what I found? What did you find, jeff Something interesting?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Was it really that interesting?
Speaker 3: It was because not one of those spots has anyone's name written on.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: We all park in the same spot. I have parked in the same location for like eight years. I like it, and I am not happy being taken.
Speaker 1: It's just weird.
Speaker 3: You would think if somebody was walking around the office complaining saying, hey, you stole my spot, their name would be written now somewhere, even on a postage attached to a pull.
Speaker 1: But I guess they don't care enough to do anything like that.
Speaker 6: There are unspoken rules in this office, and one.
Speaker 5: Of them is that that's my spot. First, it was producer Boyd who accidentally did it because.
Speaker 6: He's stupid and you can't part in a spot correctly, Jake.
Speaker 5: Then you guys will all take.
Speaker 3: So let's fill everybody in what the listeners don't know it was. Over the last week or so, different members of the show have tried taking turns parking in Brooks favorite spot, and she has gone around expressing her outright rage and displeasure with us as people. She's questioned our humanity. Absolutely, you think if it was that important she get here early enough to claim it. She rolls in late past everybody else and is like, I deserve that spot because I've been in radio for forty years or something.
Speaker 5: So I am going to find someone with a tow truck, okay, and I am going to get your cars moved.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I won't have them impounded, because that's going too far, but I will move them to a different spot.
Speaker 8: They're all copid, They're all is next door to us.
Speaker 9: You can have You.
Speaker 3: Are not the queen of the parking lot. There's no rules down there. We're gonna let our listeners decide. It's seven eighty five nine two texting. Does brook have ownership over a parking spot that she does not pay for and does not have her name on anywhere near it.
Speaker 6: You guys are doing it despite me and to make me upset and you know it.
Speaker 5: You're not doing it because it's convenient for you, or you're not thinking about a million spots.
Speaker 9: That is a nice spot.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna move on to somebody spot.
Speaker 3: I would never park in digital Jakes, give us some shock collar trivia Jake.
Speaker 5: Okay if you say so, Yeah, I know Jake took my spot one day too, about moved his card.
Speaker 1: The parking spot. Let's do some trivia, don't.
Speaker 4: Today marks the birthday of a true artistic genius. He's a world renowned sculptor, a painter, and an architect. Oh no, I'm not talking about brook Son Alder. That's how she describes him on Instagram.
Speaker 10: Is I'm talking about the great Michael Angelo.
Speaker 4: He's famous for works like the Statue of David, his painting of the Sistine Chapel, and just like Alder, his work is still highly regarded and appreciated.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: I bet his mom put his work up around her desk to it at the office.
Speaker 4: Not to mention, he also shares his name with one of the coolest heroes of all times, Mikey the silly, crazy, fun teenage mutant Ninja Turtle. Yeah, so today in honor of Michael Angelo's that's apostrophe s plural birthdays of them. We're doing a special paint splattered edition.
Speaker 10: Of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start today with the person who moonlights as a nude model for struggling artists.
Speaker 1: That's young Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Jeff give me a number one through twenty, and I'll give you a question about some kind of Michelangelo.
Speaker 1: Number eight, Please, number eight, Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Michaelangelo, the Ninja Turtle wields nunchucks for his weapon of choice. What does his brother Donna Tello use?
Speaker 9: That's hard. I was getting confused.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to visualize. He's holds something that's like long and double sided stand and it like vibrates when you hit a button.
Speaker 9: No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, that's a different movie than I was watching last night. Ten inch Mutants.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah sounds good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: But Donna Tello does he just use a stick? Is he just long stick guy? I'm gonna go long stick guy.
Speaker 10: Long stick?
Speaker 9: That's a staff.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Raphael has twin size and Leonardo has two Ninja Ninjada. It's like, yeah, the internet was very specific.
Speaker 10: They are not.
Speaker 1: But they are similar.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, all right, Jeffrey one for one. Let's move over to Jose Jose. Give me number one through twenty.
Speaker 10: Let's go to number two.
Speaker 1: Jose.
Speaker 4: The Mona Lisa has her own what at the loover because of all the attention she receives.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, she's got her own special thing.
Speaker 1: Is it a tip jar.
Speaker 5: For her work selfie station?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everyone has her own casing, So she has her own exhibit. Maybe that's in her own like it's one room just for I'm gonna say, her own exhibit.
Speaker 4: I've never been to the Jose, really, Jose said, Mona Lisa has her own exhibit. That may be true. It's not what I was looking for, though. She has her own mailbox because people all over the world send love letters to the Mona Lisa Jose's.
Speaker 5: Some of those get real creepy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who reads those?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: You know? You know?
Speaker 9: Right to me back?
Speaker 5: Do you think that there's one person at the museum that has to sit and read them to?
Speaker 10: The painting writes back, Yeah, all right, it's Brooks turn. Okay, give me, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna go lucky thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 4: Brook It's well known that the Ninja Turtle's favorite food is pizza. Yes, but what is the one topping they absolutely refuse to eat on their pies.
Speaker 7: This is easy.
Speaker 5: I know that the pepperoni lovers. Gosh, you say it's easy, but I don't actually maybe know it.
Speaker 6: I mean, the first idea is the controversial pineapple, right, but I don't know that the turtles are gonna involve themselves in that type of political strife.
Speaker 11: Political.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I actually think it's probably Anchovi's.
Speaker 4: Anchovies, is correct, right, Jeff and Brook are still safe. We're moving on to Alexis. Alexis, give me number one through twenty ten. Number ten, I'm sorry here, there's no helping from anyone in the room. On number ten, Alexis fifty fifty shot Here, which ear did Pablo Picasso cut off his left or his right?
Speaker 8: I mean, and I have no idea, so let's just go left.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Pablo Picasso did not cut off this year.
Speaker 10: That was Vincent van Go. I was looking for neither.
Speaker 5: I didn't get it either.
Speaker 4: Unfortunate, so I thought it was We're back to Jeff and Brook. The next wrong answer loses Jeffrey number jeff number one number one, Jeffrey. The Japanese art of ikey Bana is the formal arranging of what.
Speaker 1: I guess, the only thing you would arrange your flowers.
Speaker 10: Flowers, It's correct, Jeffrey. All right, Brooke, it's up to you and get this right.
Speaker 5: Give it to me.
Speaker 10: What number that's right? Fifteen number, fifteen Brook.
Speaker 4: If you go to Milan, Italy, there's a world famous painting called a fresco painted up on the wall called the Last Supper, which famous artist created, The.
Speaker 5: Last Supper, Da Vinci.
Speaker 10: It's correct in.
Speaker 4: The spirit of cooperation, and it's a I'm declaring dual winners for today's plenty of twenty. Both Brook and Jeffrey win today and get to pick who gets shot.
Speaker 3: I pick, since Brooke apparently rules over the office and all the parking spots and everything that happens here, she chooses Jose the one.
Speaker 9: Guy on the parking thing is gonna.
Speaker 3: Get shot while singing Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 2: I like you're singing ice back, praying new Bitches, something a hold of me.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you stopped me because I could just go for it.
Speaker 1: That's your shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 7: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, guys, would you rather always eat burnt food or always eat undercooked food that you don't get sick from but it's undercooked?
Speaker 9: No, I gotta go.
Speaker 5: I'm more of a burnt person to even my bacon. I like it a little blast birth, but an undercooked egg yo?
Speaker 1: Or okay?
Speaker 3: Would you rather have Jaba the hut or Smiegel as your sugar dad?
Speaker 5: God Jaba? I feel just like the jewelry choice is better for him.
Speaker 1: That knows how to take care of something precious.
Speaker 5: That is true?
Speaker 3: Okay, last one for this next segment. Would you rather tell me the dark thoughts that you've been having up in your minds? Or go around the room and each give me just one simple compliment dark thoughts?
Speaker 5: Wow, I just can't come up with one of the second.
Speaker 1: On my quarter birthday, even not even one compliment.
Speaker 3: Fine, that's your quarter birthday, you count like that? No, you didn't remember my quarter birthday?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Where is he gonna do another? What's on your mind? Super dark? Coming up?
Speaker 3: If two vegans get into an argument, is that still considered.
Speaker 1: A beef Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm just hoving for you know, beef during this.
Speaker 9: Segment, It's impossible, beef.
Speaker 1: Jeff, are you sure we can?
Speaker 3: We all agree to go vegan style during What's on Your Mind, where we go around the room and share what we've been thinking about lately, starting with Brooke Brook What's on your Mind?
Speaker 5: Well, I went to my first ever comic con over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 5: It was unlike anything I could have ever expected.
Speaker 6: It was like stimulation overload, like the sites, the sounds, the masses, the masses of people. And I went because my nieces are so into this stuff, right, So I'm following behind him, booth after behind them, booth after.
Speaker 1: All you said, booing them no.
Speaker 10: Nerds, of course, I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, cool, yeah, sure yeah.
Speaker 6: And then finally they stop at a booth to see these funko pops and I finally recognize someone. It is a child actor from the movie from the late eighties early nineties Don't tell Mom the Babysitters Dead.
Speaker 9: Okay, oh, I remember the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, the movie.
Speaker 6: So they're making a sequel apparently, or like a reboot, and this guy, who is now like in his mid fifties is standing there. I don't even know his name, but he played the like brother in the movie You right away.
Speaker 5: No, but I saw he had posters all around tell her who it was.
Speaker 8: I thought you were a super fan.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he's asking.
Speaker 6: He's asking forty dollars for an autograph or a selfie.
Speaker 5: No one is coming up to buy anything from.
Speaker 1: Him, right because nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 6: Right, And he's awkwardly standing there, and he looks really excited.
Speaker 5: So I tell him, I'm like, I love that movie. My sister and I loved it when we were little.
Speaker 6: And his eyes get so big and he starts, yeah, about the dishes and about mom.
Speaker 8: And it takes me a second because I'm like.
Speaker 5: WHOA, what is going on? And I realize he's quoting the film WHOA.
Speaker 9: He's like running lines.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and he's looking at me to like finish the line like oh.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh no, And I feel really bad because I'm like, I'm I mean, I watched it when I was twelve, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this guy's been waiting an entire comic con to have one person come up that actually knows him. He's like, finally remember this, yeah, my catchphrase?
Speaker 5: And so I awkwardly.
Speaker 10: I'm like, oh, that's cool.
Speaker 1: And then I went over.
Speaker 5: To my nieces and be like.
Speaker 9: Let's go, let's go here.
Speaker 8: They were papers on grind I did it, you did it? Yeah, I thought the storm was going.
Speaker 1: Jose, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, Alexis and I also went to comic Con over the weekend to do our segment.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what you do in a comic con, what you do every year.
Speaker 2: And she was nice enough afterwards to offer me a ride home in her brand new car, and I was.
Speaker 9: Excited because I've been wanting to ride in it.
Speaker 2: So as we're walking to the parking garage, she says, okay, I think this is where I Parkeda.
Speaker 9: Hold on, is this a parking garage building?
Speaker 5: She doesn't know you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it was the right building, thankfully.
Speaker 2: So we get into this garage and as we're pulling out, she cuts somebody off and she feels so bad about it that she stops in the middle of two lanes of traffic to wave to everyone and say I'm sorry, I'm sorry while they're pounding on their horny.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just recognized you host.
Speaker 2: No, she almost hit a car anyway, So then we were almost to my apartment.
Speaker 9: She's supposed to be taking a ride at the light, and.
Speaker 2: As she goes, these two guys are trying to walk across the street, so we have to stop again, blocking traffic.
Speaker 5: But you stopped.
Speaker 9: She did not hit them. They looked scared, but we blocked traffic again.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of close calls. But I got you home safe and this.
Speaker 2: All happened within like five minutes because I lived super So I don't know why people think she's a bad driver.
Speaker 6: Okay, that it's interesting that you apologize in life all the time and then also driving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, my god.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I don't have to say I'm playing on the roads.
Speaker 1: All right, alexis your turn? Tell us what's on your mind.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know, you guys know, but I started volunteer coaching for a high school track team.
Speaker 5: That is so awesome.
Speaker 8: It's because I ran in college if I wanted to help out.
Speaker 9: So cool.
Speaker 8: And my first day of practice was last week awesome. I was really nervous. I get in there, you know, and I see there's like a lot of coaches.
Speaker 12: I haven't met them, so I'm going around introducing myself and like I'm not getting bad vibes, but they're.
Speaker 8: Definitely like a little weird to me, a little caught off guard. Oh they don't know you've been brought off fish. They don't know I brought Yeah, I think so that's vibe I'm kind of getting.
Speaker 13: I'm like that.
Speaker 12: Come back the next day and the one coach who I do know, like the head coach who hired me, is like, hey, I think you need to start wearing this every day and hands me his men's extra large high school like the jacket that says I'm a coach on is okay?
Speaker 8: And I'm like, what exactly? Like why do I need this? And he goes, so everyone thought you were a student, And he's like the coaches were.
Speaker 12: Kind of wondering why a student was going around trying to lead to introduce themselves to them. So now I'm wearing a men's excel jacket around in the meantime.
Speaker 5: But you've got authority, but I have authority. Yeah, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Recently?
Speaker 3: I was talking to producer Boyd about everybody's Instagram's on the show. Yeah, And granted I really don't have much of an online social presence, it's not really my thing, but every week I will scroll around for a couple of minutes to look at everyone else's.
Speaker 1: Posts, just to see what you guys are up to.
Speaker 3: You're a lurker, and producer Boyd asked me, so are you judging them?
Speaker 5: You probably are, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, yes, you guys, and he goes, oh, so you like everyone's posts when you see them?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, no, I don't know if I've ever gotten a Jeffrey like.
Speaker 3: But boy tells me I'm passive, aggressively judging and shaming you, and it made me think maybe I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing enough to support you guys.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that you were all suffering so badly without my clicks of approval, and that's on me.
Speaker 5: Okay, we don't really.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly you.
Speaker 3: Guys are very very sad without my likes. So I promise from now on, I will be doing sniper likes. It may happen like once every three months, once a year. You'll log on and I just liked one of the photos of your dumb kids.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Sniper likes.
Speaker 8: It's going to be a post from like a year ago.
Speaker 3: It's not even a comment at least I'm making positive changes in my life as we continue forward.
Speaker 5: And we are benefiting from them.
Speaker 3: Test In seven five nine too, tell us what's been on your mind. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 7: The morning brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Listeners are texting in seven eight five nine two telling us what's been on their minds because we shared what's on our Someone said, I listen to your podcast every day here in Ontario, Canada. Thanks for keeping the laughs coming.
Speaker 1: All the best. He the most stereotypical friendly Canadian texting the possibly guy. Thanks for all the best to you.
Speaker 9: I would have texted earlier. Man, My hands were sticky with a bunch of them. We love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 14: We got to know.
Speaker 3: The text says, what's been on my mind is that I tried Jack in the Box for the first time and their tacos taste exactly the same as Taco John's tacos. Why wouldn't anyone tell me this fifteen years ago? I could have been paying twenty cents less this entire time.
Speaker 5: You're gonna say Cardboard after you said.
Speaker 2: No, no, give me all the oil and greeze.
Speaker 3: I love those but the only way to eat Jack in the box is to circle the driveway ten times, like Brooke did when she did her to cathle On challenge.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: I used to love those times.
Speaker 3: You got one more text says I work with kids with disabilities and one of the moms of the kids let her child pee on a tree outside the classroom after bus drop off.
Speaker 5: That could have been my kid.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Brook encourages her children to do that whenever they go out. It's cute when they line up outside the radio station and just water the bush.
Speaker 5: He is getting a little old, not cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep your text come in seven eight, five nights. Who tell us what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Brook? And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but we need to get into something kind of serious here.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Because I went into the break room earlier to get a chocolate muffin in a five hour and.
Speaker 1: What do I see? There's Brooke chatting it up with Jose.
Speaker 5: We often talk breakthrough.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything you'd like to say for yourself?
Speaker 5: I enjoy Jose's company.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brooke, God, you're only my g work wife, and I have to catch you sneaking around landering with all the other male coworkers.
Speaker 5: Now you know how my real husband feels.
Speaker 3: You don't see me running over to the printer to flirt with Alexus, but for some reason, every time I turn around, there you are giggling with random dudes around the office, showing up pictures of your kids.
Speaker 10: Those are my work kids.
Speaker 1: Broke God, I thought.
Speaker 3: I meant something to you. You used to buy me sandwiches here. Do you remember those days?
Speaker 5: No, no, you complained, so you turned me down last time I offered you lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want your pity sandwiches. I wanted to come from a place of love.
Speaker 9: You guys, stop fighting. I don't want to be a work.
Speaker 3: No remorse from her, So just this is the perfect segue for us to do a segment on heartless cheaters. When we do, boy and Your Busted coming up right after this, sneaky.
Speaker 7: Husbands, two timing lives, live.
Speaker 10: Boyfriends, and even worse girlfriends. They thought they could get away with that.
Speaker 3: But they're about to get busted. If you cheat on your partner once a month, an optimist. An optimist would say, hey, that's only twelve out of three hundred and sixty five days, so you're ninety seven percent faithbook?
Speaker 5: Is that how that works out?
Speaker 1: That's an a plush.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of optimists on this segment Busted, where listeners really like to focus in on that three percent of unfaithful time and share exactly how they caught their significant others cheating on them.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna get a story right now.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start with Elizabeth, tell us how you busted your significant other?
Speaker 15: Right, So, my boyfriend started taking online cooking classes because he said he wanted Yeah, he said he wanted to be a better cook for me, and you're like, yes, yeah, And so twice a month he would have me over to his place and he'd like whip up some meal he learned. And every time it sucked. And so I obviously I never told him that.
Speaker 16: I didn't want him to discourage him.
Speaker 1: You know, so I always let a man know when he's screwing up. That's rule number one of relationships.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, he kept taking them. It was always terrible. It never seemed like he was getting better. And so one night I was at his place and I noticed that his email was open and I saw a message from the cooking school, and so I like wrote down the name of it and I signed up for the same class to like surprise him.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's kind of fun, idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, cook it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could cook it better than.
Speaker 5: She's definitely micromanaging the situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, how'd that go?
Speaker 17: So when the class time happens, I log one and I see a woman on the screen with nothing thing but of a mitt one.
Speaker 5: What I wonder he couldn't pay attention to the soux fle a.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and literally all she's doing is heating up a different frozen foods in the microwave. One was walking around nude.
Speaker 5: Oh, this was the only pants that Jeffrey was talking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it sucks, but it's not like he's in a relationship.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 15: Mean so I confronted him about it, but he had a good point. He technically never lied. It really was a cooking class.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess did you stay with him?
Speaker 16: We kept dating for another six months?
Speaker 5: Oh, eating just frozen dinner after frozen.
Speaker 3: Dinner, those hungry man turkey meals, though, I bet we're just perfectly cooked every time. Okay, let's keep going with Christian tell us how you busted your significant other?
Speaker 13: Hey, my situation happened at the rehearsal for my wedding.
Speaker 9: Wait to start.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we had a lot of people there and at one point, I just like I couldn't find my fiance. So I'm looking for her and nobody knows where she is.
Speaker 5: Okay, weird.
Speaker 13: I'm thinking maybe she got sick and she's up in the bridal suite.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that could be.
Speaker 13: She was drinking a lot, so I take the elevator up there and go in, and she's hooking up with our female wedding planner.
Speaker 5: Gosh, oh my goodness, does that cost extra?
Speaker 3: Sorry, she may have just been running through like the kiss after the I do Nail's practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 13: I was just I was shocked. The wedding planner offered me a discount to keep it going.
Speaker 1: But oh, I know she wanted you to still marry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she wasn't a relationship.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you, I have a good feeling about you. Guys.
Speaker 1: You don't want to let this one go. Okay, we got signed for one more. Let's go to Mela. Tell us how you busted jer significant other.
Speaker 18: Okay, so my boyfriend and I were in our apartment and he said, I'm going to go for a run, totally normal. So after he left, I thought, well, I'm going to take the dog for a walk. So we head out and we're doing like our normal whatever route, I guess, And as we're walking, all of a sudden, my dog starts like going crazy. Do you know how they act when like it's somebody that they love or somebody that they've been around, you know, like kind of jumping.
Speaker 1: Around the leaves shook out?
Speaker 18: Yes, absolutely, And I thought, well, gosh, maybe we be close to my boyfriend. But like we're walking by this construction site and there's nobody there, like they're not doing any work or anything. There's nobody there.
Speaker 9: Like a open lot.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And I was like, what is going on? So the further we walk, all I can see is like this construction site and a porta potty. Oh, and I'm like, what is happening. So the closer we get to this porta potty, I start hearing sounds.
Speaker 3: Okay, like potty sounds or other types of sounds.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you put a construction work.
Speaker 18: You might hear some sounds, but they were not sounds like this, and it was definite two people sounds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 18: So when we get like up on the porta potty, I'm one hundred percent sure my freaking boyfriend is in there with another woman.
Speaker 1: Judgment on him.
Speaker 18: There's no amount of sanitizing book.
Speaker 19: I mean, it was nasty.
Speaker 18: So I will tell you what. I tipped that freaking porn potty over.
Speaker 3: No, yes I did.
Speaker 17: Yes, I did.
Speaker 18: I put that thing over and so they were locked in there, like I've tipped it over on the door side, just to make sure that they could not get out.
Speaker 1: How do you know, well, I guess ye. How the dog was barking Zille probably was him, did you well?
Speaker 18: This is how I know he eventually came home like covered in you know what.
Speaker 5: I think she was probably yelling.
Speaker 18: I was yelling, absolutely. It was like I was just seeing red.
Speaker 17: It was awful.
Speaker 9: He was seeing blue because of the liquid.
Speaker 18: He was seeing brown too, because that's what color he was colored in when he came home.
Speaker 5: I don't think he probably ever did that again.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, we don't normally play winners in this segment, but you win by.
Speaker 1: Text boards seven, eight, five nine too. If you have a funny story about how you caught your ex cheating.
Speaker 3: You could be on the next edition of Busted Phone Taps coming.
Speaker 7: Up, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's time for a phone tap. And in this world, there's people who love food and then there's people.
Speaker 1: Who love food.
Speaker 3: Like our phone tap victim today, his favorite thing in the world is wings.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, please don't tell me. This is five minutes of Jose and him just talking about different spices.
Speaker 1: No, okay, no, it's why.
Speaker 3: Recently he made plans to have his best buddy over so they could watch the game and have the best wings in the city delivered to them for lunch.
Speaker 9: It's funny. I've done this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just one problem though, his buddy told us that this was happening and asked us to do a prank instead. So there's going to be a minor delay. You're gonna hear it in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 7: It's another twenty.
Speaker 14: Hello.
Speaker 20: Hello, this is Burnaby Wild from Wings Stuff. Is this Clinton.
Speaker 14: Yesterday?
Speaker 20: You ordered from us about fifteen minutes ago?
Speaker 14: It was about to take about twenty five minutes ago yes day.
Speaker 20: In my apologies, Just so you know, the delivery person is here to pick up your order. I can't give him your wings.
Speaker 14: What do you mean you can't give him my way?
Speaker 20: I do not feel comfortable and doing them over to the delivery person.
Speaker 14: What do you mean you can't give him to a delivery per I don't understand. What's the problem.
Speaker 20: Well, just let me, let me get away from him for one second. Please, all right, it's just it's just okay. Can can you hear me?
Speaker 21: Okay, it's just okay between you and me. He looks a little bit sketchy, sketchy, he's like super super skinny.
Speaker 14: Wait a minute's super skinny.
Speaker 20: He's very thin, which means he's going to be very hungry. We probably try to eat some of your wings.
Speaker 14: You know how ridiculous, don't you?
Speaker 20: I don't. I don't believe so, so I just do not feel good about it.
Speaker 14: Unless what's your no?
Speaker 20: I'm barnaby from wing stuff.
Speaker 14: You wanna be wild from wing stuff. I don't care if he's scary, he said, he's short. Whatever? Can you please give him my wayne? We've been waiting for a while.
Speaker 20: Now he's giving me bad vibes.
Speaker 14: I don't care about the vibe. I want my wings.
Speaker 20: I have the bad feelings in my tummy.
Speaker 14: I don't care about what you feel, barnaby, that's your problem.
Speaker 20: Get you very perceptive.
Speaker 13: Just give him the wing, Give him the wing.
Speaker 20: Find your wishes my command. But first I am going to take your wings into the back and count them for you.
Speaker 17: What that.
Speaker 20: I want to give you the numbers so that you know when it gets to you.
Speaker 13: That is her I ordered.
Speaker 17: I know what I ordered.
Speaker 14: You have her my way, all my wings getting cold?
Speaker 20: This is this is a quality jick. Let me see the open the first book. Oh the boneless meat deal with the twenty wings.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I wait from my wing, I know what I ordered.
Speaker 20: Oh my goodness, this is looking so good.
Speaker 14: Of course that's why I ordered the win Is there? Look good?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 20: Did it tasty?
Speaker 1: Are you eating my wing?
Speaker 20: No? No, no, sir, But I do have to tell you when the order arrives at your house, you will have seventeen wings in the box, not twenty.
Speaker 13: And why is that, Willie?
Speaker 20: I am just assuming that the sketchy skinny man will eat three of them.
Speaker 14: They haven't brought me.
Speaker 19: Do not eat my swing.
Speaker 20: We will not eat anymore. Yeah, you don't want I was checking that the honey mustard is not poisoned.
Speaker 14: Your person is gonna be shut down.
Speaker 20: You are angry.
Speaker 13: I'm very angry.
Speaker 14: You ate my damn way.
Speaker 20: I must be honest with you. I do feel sort of guilty about this.
Speaker 14: You don't feel.
Speaker 20: I do not work at Wingstoff. I apologize.
Speaker 10: For you.
Speaker 20: I am your delivery driver. I just stopped because the food smells so good.
Speaker 14: When you get to the house, your tip is gonna be my foot in your Okay?
Speaker 20: Does that include two dips on the side. I like the honey. Okay. I must admit I feel guilty because I lied about the second thing.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 20: Not be angry with me, but.
Speaker 13: I'm angry right now the things.
Speaker 20: I'm not actually your delivery driver either. I am a radio host from a show called Broken Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 1: Morning, and we're doing a prank phone call on you. Man, man, man, mess with my wings and my wings. I haven't touched your wings. Dude, Your buddy Darnell wanted to set you up.
Speaker 14: What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: Don't be mad at him.
Speaker 3: He just told that you guys were having lunch together today, so we wanted to play a.
Speaker 14: Joke on you.
Speaker 1: What bernieb.
Speaker 14: That sound like born to be Well.
Speaker 20: With a strange coincidence.
Speaker 7: What week use every morning was some taps weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: This country Man. We used to hold parades honoring our heroes. Yeah, with confetti and marching bands and a different woman standing on every street corner waiting to be kissed.
Speaker 5: Wow, jeff I don't remember, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because now it's just Brooke out there running around puckering up for the whole city crazy.
Speaker 9: Anybody coming home.
Speaker 3: From warm I'm on second at us and these days heroes can't even get a text back. And I say that because one of our listeners saved a woman from a disastrous date that she was on. Instead of being thanked and fonned over, he's being left on red.
Speaker 5: Well, if he wants to me on the corner, I can help him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Brooke, reapply your chapstick, because we're gonna give this hero the chance that he deserves.
Speaker 1: In your brand new second date update, right.
Speaker 3: After this second date update, when you have a first date with somebody you're extremely attracted to and you're going out to a restaurant where you know you only got one shot at this. How important is it to get a good waiter?
Speaker 5: I never actually even thought of that, to be honest, Jeffrey, because.
Speaker 1: It could make or break the entire date.
Speaker 5: But it's not like you have a choice, like you're just given the person who's in your section.
Speaker 1: The way, Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, imagine the waiter walks by, spills the soup, he offers to lick it off, then I pay him.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, well, date over?
Speaker 5: Wow, because you got a new date?
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 7: Thing?
Speaker 5: How did I know that about you?
Speaker 3: But that's what happened with one of our listeners recently. The waiter was involved big time on a date apparently. So let's talk to Lucas about it.
Speaker 1: Lucas, how you doing, man?
Speaker 11: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Licked?
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that she did tell us about this person that you met the other night. Who is he or she?
Speaker 11: Okay, so this girl Henley, Okay, I'm the waiter obviously, and you're the waiter. I'm the waiter.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Wait, did you meet her while you were at work?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 11: She was in there with a guy in my restaurant.
Speaker 3: Oh, bold, sir, Oh you hit on a girl in the middle of another date.
Speaker 11: Well, yes, I don't do it often often, just like twice a week.
Speaker 7: Often.
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: Were you her waiter? I guess is the first question.
Speaker 15: I was their waiter?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: How did you get the signs that that was even? Okay?
Speaker 11: Well, I can kind of tell after a while they didn't seem to be having that grade of a time, Like I was thinking it was a first date, and she was checking her phone a lot, and you know, it was it was kind of obvious to me. I've seen it enough times.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have a move that I.
Speaker 11: Don't do very often.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've done this, but this is the signature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you have a label for it, must mean you do it often enough.
Speaker 1: What's your move?
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, I was like, you know, they weren't talking that much, but when I would come over there, I would I was very personable and we were I was laughing with her and stuff, So, okay, we're kind of establishing a little rapport. But when he went up to go to the bathroom, like at the end, I went up to her and I was like, is this a first date, and she was kind of surprised when she was like, yeah, actually it is. And I was like, do you want to get.
Speaker 17: Out of it?
Speaker 5: Oh it's to the end, sir.
Speaker 13: So yeah, But like I.
Speaker 11: Didn't know if they were going you know, for all I know, they were going to do something else. I was trying to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix, and so you offered a step in and save her.
Speaker 1: How do you do that?
Speaker 11: So I was like, give me your number and I'm going to call you in like two minutes from the back and just trust me.
Speaker 13: So she did.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got her number. So she did want out of it?
Speaker 17: She did?
Speaker 11: Did?
Speaker 14: She did?
Speaker 11: I was right about that.
Speaker 9: Now what happened?
Speaker 13: So I called.
Speaker 11: They were sitting there and like kind of getting ready to pay the bill, and I called out like, this is so and so from your aunt's assisted living facility. There's an emergency with her. We need you to come down here right away.
Speaker 9: Volumes up and the guy can hear, right.
Speaker 11: I made sure to tell her to put it on speaker.
Speaker 5: Oh so he could here.
Speaker 9: I got to take this. Hi, you're on speaker.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's an emergency with my aunt. The whole restaurant. Yeah, say that again.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, did he buy it? Did he believe it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was legit. She was out of there like a like a minute later.
Speaker 9: I would believed it, Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, at no point are you ever hitting on her during.
Speaker 11: This The thing is like I just kind of knew there was a connection there from every interaction I had with her, like as a waiter, laughing like the guy like in the bathroom and I'm like getting her number, Like, it was definitely a vibe there.
Speaker 3: Every time you went over to the table, one of her buttons just happened to be undone buttons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I imagined him modeling to the table with his pants. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got her out of that other date with the other guy.
Speaker 1: What's happened since then?
Speaker 11: Well that's the thing. So we texted a little bit later that night. She was like thank you so much, and I was like, no problem. We kind of left it like we were going to talk again, and I, I don't know, it kind of cooled down like after that. So I want to ramp it back up. I want to get in test with her like and let her know that I'm interested, which is what I was calling you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, it's a nice thing that you did to save this girl Henley from her bad date. But personally, I don't know if I'm ever going to trust away or ever again when I'm.
Speaker 1: Out of the restaurant.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just thought they were being nice to me for tips, but really clearly they want more.
Speaker 13: Well you never know.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that's a higher tip I think from.
Speaker 2: Tell us your restaurant so we can make No one don't even want it to work out with this, well, at least give it a try.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back, holler and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 11: All right, man, hold.
Speaker 1: On second date update.
Speaker 3: When you're at a restaurant, some waiters are kind of checked out.
Speaker 1: Never even come by to refill your water glass.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a complaint right now, It's true.
Speaker 3: Some are more attentive, and then some have a signature move to steal your date.
Speaker 9: Away from you.
Speaker 5: They said very often. Yeah, they didn't say never.
Speaker 1: That's what Lucas says. He quote doesn't do this often.
Speaker 10: Do you hear that?
Speaker 3: World, I don't do my signature move very but it is my signature. The old sick aunt in the rest home trick. Yeah, yeah, and that's what he did. He noticed a cute girl out on a bad date at his restaurant, so when the guy got up to go to the restroom, he swooped in and told her the plan that was he was gonna call her from the back and let her know that her sick aunt needs her immediately.
Speaker 1: Over at the assisted living facility.
Speaker 3: Oh so it worked, and according to him, she was thankful. But now this girl Henley is not answering his text asking for a date.
Speaker 5: Do you think Derek is Derek?
Speaker 1: Right, it's Lucas. But that's okay.
Speaker 5: Remember one day, Lucas, I mean, do you think it was like a maybe by comparison thing, like she was flirting with you because by comparison to her crappy date, you were awesome. But it's just reality, right, Like I mean, maybe if she gets on the phone with us, by comparison, you're gonna look like an angel.
Speaker 3: Again, what do you think, Lucas? Were you one step above a crap sandwich?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 11: Man, I hope not. I thought we had a real connection, honestly, talking about.
Speaker 9: The well, you know when you can feel a connection with so.
Speaker 5: I mean that was rude to me. That was rude, Lucas, and I apologize.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all legit.
Speaker 11: I mean, I know when someone's just like being friendly. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You sense the real vibe going on whenever you were over at the table with Henley. So let's see if we can get that going for you one more time. About to dial her number.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, she answers, here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Henley.
Speaker 16: That's me.
Speaker 20: Oh, aren't you friend?
Speaker 3: You're you're on the radio right now with a show called Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 19: Actually, yeah, for real, real, she's excited.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully you're this excited when I tell you why we're calling, because yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: It kind of us to do with that.
Speaker 3: We're doing a second date update. That's where we try and help one of our listeners that has been on a date with somebody. But this is a little different because you didn't necessarily go on a date with this guy. He was your waiter the.
Speaker 5: Other date, so there's no strict rules to our segment. Henley, So do.
Speaker 3: You know who I'm talking about? You were on a date and like a waiter kind of helped you get out of it.
Speaker 1: His name was Lucas.
Speaker 16: Oh god, wait, oh God.
Speaker 5: To the bad date you were on? Or oh God to Lucas.
Speaker 17: Is Lucas the waiter?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, I mean yes, Bro's okay.
Speaker 3: She couldn't remember his actual name, so remember. But it's kind of interesting that you don't remember his name either.
Speaker 8: Because he should just changed.
Speaker 3: Why this, Well, he said that you guys basically exchange phone numbers, so I thought you would save his name in the phone.
Speaker 1: I guess you'd just be waiter, hero waiter.
Speaker 13: I didn't save his number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you didn't have any intention of calling him back? Is that why?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, what I was on a date, but from what.
Speaker 3: We heard, that date wasn't going very well, and that's why Lucas felt like he had to that.
Speaker 1: Well Lucas did, yeah.
Speaker 5: And you said that he wanted out of the date.
Speaker 1: That's why I agreed to like do the emergency call with the ant right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 19: He told you all that, wow, Okay, yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Felt like he really rescued you from a bad date by pretending to call from the nursing home.
Speaker 19: Okay, I don't know how to say this, but the whole point of that was so we could get away from him.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, why wouldn't to get away from the waiter usually just pay and then leave.
Speaker 19: No, we just we needed to get out. I guess in the moment, I was like, Okay, if he thinks I'm gonna call him later, but we're even now that like, maybe I'll call him sometimes and that's fine. I just want to leave now.
Speaker 1: Why why did you want to get away from him?
Speaker 19: Because he was annoying?
Speaker 9: He was annoying?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: Was the whole thing a lie?
Speaker 5: Were you on a first date?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did you like the guy you were out with?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Okay, guys like I knew she liked me, But so Lucas thought you liked him, and that's where the lie is.
Speaker 7: You did not.
Speaker 5: It's not a lie. You didn't like him.
Speaker 19: You hitting on me the whole night.
Speaker 16: It wasn't even just me and my gay to notice.
Speaker 18: They were literally someone at.
Speaker 6: The other table.
Speaker 19: Looking at us the whole time and like making eye contact with me.
Speaker 9: They were like sympathizing.
Speaker 5: They were still in the cringe.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's possible that it was just really good customer service.
Speaker 19: It kind of passed that after the first five seconds.
Speaker 5: Why what did I say to make you think he was did on you? In the first five seconds, he.
Speaker 19: Was like just he came towards table way more than he needed to.
Speaker 13: Obviously, he came.
Speaker 19: Every two minutes, and every single time he was just looking at me, fully positioned, facing me, towards me at All's rude.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is rude, exactly.
Speaker 5: This is awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, but you got to admit you and Lucas had a little bit of a connection.
Speaker 19: Going right, No, that's the whole point.
Speaker 5: When did you hear that in her story?
Speaker 16: The whole point.
Speaker 3: When she gave him a number or the eye contact just to get away something happening between you two, to make him think that.
Speaker 5: I think that's pretty common with men. I think that there's a connection.
Speaker 1: Please stop hitting on me right now. I know you're trying to. Let's just get Lucas on the phone, because he's actual on the other line listening right now. One actually actually.
Speaker 16: Oh my god, than so much.
Speaker 17: Thanks for that.
Speaker 1: It's worse for him than you, And now I kind of feel bad.
Speaker 5: I feel bad, But.
Speaker 1: Lucas, are you there?
Speaker 17: Yeah? Did you hear that I did?
Speaker 11: I just I mean, it was pretty obvious that I saved you Henley.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, why did you feel like you were saving her?
Speaker 11: I mean that was like a bad first date if I've ever seen one.
Speaker 5: So from his angle, doubling down is what we're going to do now, Lucas, you said.
Speaker 9: Your dad didn't look good. Were you having fun?
Speaker 3: Henley?
Speaker 8: Well, it's hard when the waiters serve two minutes.
Speaker 16: Yeah, seriously, it was just I was so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Well, as a waiter, I'm sure Lucas has seen like hundreds and hundreds of first dates happen in front of him, he said, out of all of them, yours stuck out as a particularly bad one.
Speaker 13: That's convenient.
Speaker 11: Yeah, don't to be embarrassed because you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 19: Oh my god, No, it's okay. That's not always happening. That is not what happened.
Speaker 1: I will prove it, Henley.
Speaker 3: If it was such a good date with this other guy, name five things that you liked about him off the top of your head.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, five. I can't even name five things about anybody in this room.
Speaker 1: Told you, I'm not that good.
Speaker 14: Of a date.
Speaker 19: He was cute, he was smart, he paid, he was polite, and he's not Lucas.
Speaker 6: Lucas couches counses too because she only got the four Well.
Speaker 1: Look at she remembered his name and no one in this room could do that.
Speaker 3: So the show is there must be a connection. We're building the rapport right now, we're still trying. This is the right time to ask the chemistry explode. I'm feeling the vibe happening over the phone lines right now. I would love, seriously, I would love to send you guys out on a second date that we would pay for. Sorry first date, Yeah, with a different waiter. You're dating Lucas this time.
Speaker 11: I thought we had such a strong connection and I definitely think you have a much better time if we went out.
Speaker 1: What would your sick aunt want you to do at the think about what she wants.
Speaker 6: At this point, we should just offer to send Henley out with her first original date.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, I would love that.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: We know that's clear. You've made that very clear, Lucas.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Henley, it's seeming like it's going to be a no there for Lucas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, No, I think it's good to be specific here.
Speaker 11: Yes, whatever, dude, I hope your real Anne doesn't get sick.
Speaker 3: Passive sweet thing to say he doesn't want her to get sick.
Speaker 1: That's really kind. Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know we didn't really have time to discuss this, but jose you were a waiter for a hot minute. Oh yeah, did you ever swoop in on a customer on somebody else's date while you were working?
Speaker 9: No, not on a date.
Speaker 2: I've had girls that would leave number or I would try to put a vibe out like you could tell somethings flirting, but never in a date.
Speaker 5: Well, you're still single, maybe it should have you know.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: You just hooked up with the subway employees in the meat freezer like a gentleman.
Speaker 9: A different thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I feel like that call was unfortunately doom before we even made it.
Speaker 5: I can't believe. Do you ever feel bad like? I know you're trying to do right by our listener who calls in for help, but at some point you got to give up.
Speaker 3: I don't feel anything, brook, but you know what I will feel, I'll feel for the listeners that email us in the next week or so. I promise I will feel for you and we will try our hardest to get you a second date. Update email us. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates. We have them up on our podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get yours at Brook and Jefferies.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: This us in and I am not happy about it.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 3: It's broken. Jeffrey in the Morning. There's a high school in Oklahoma that's getting a lot of backlash after a video got out regarding their latest fundraising event.
Speaker 5: Oh well, it's like it's for a good cause.
Speaker 1: Before I tell you what they did, keep this in mind.
Speaker 3: The money they raised was for a business called Not Your Average Joe Coffee, which employs people with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities.
Speaker 1: I heard about this great cause right.
Speaker 3: The fundraiser in question involves students grades nine through twelve licking peanut butter off of other students toes. Oh wow, And I just want to know what's so wrong with that America.
Speaker 1: All the students volunteered for it. None of them were forced to do this.
Speaker 3: They all got to raise their hand and choose to be a part of it or not. It's not like a teacher.
Speaker 1: Was licking it off of the students toes. This was a student on student action.
Speaker 5: I know, but it's just not the type of.
Speaker 3: Action that Brooke would have dreamed of when she was in high school.
Speaker 1: But the parents got all bent out of shape.
Speaker 3: Like I just watched my little braid and lick the toes of the varsity football captain. You know what, Braiden should be honored. Not everybody gets that opportunity.
Speaker 5: They raise money. It's like you donate for the ability to lick the peanut.
Speaker 6: Butter or it's like, oh, I think that Justin can like eight to Brook, if you.
Speaker 3: Want to sign up to participate, sign I'm sure you can fill out the survey. The best part of this, though, was they ended up raising one hundred and fifty two thousand dollars for this coffee shop.
Speaker 5: Oh cow, that is so much money.
Speaker 1: That is it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So Brook, think of your favorite charity right now, and you could raise that amount of money for them licking peanut butter off of Jose's toes right here?
Speaker 10: Would you do it for your favorite charity?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I would like anyone else's toes in the student I mean, Jose, I love you, but like.
Speaker 6: When you wear flip flops, like you haven't cut the toenails in a while.
Speaker 9: My hairs will keep the peanut butter.
Speaker 7: He's just.
Speaker 3: The book turns down the opportunity to give one hundred and fifty grand to charity out of pride.
Speaker 9: I was willing. If anyone's listening, oh wow, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think it's pride.
Speaker 6: I just think it's the ability to sleep again.
Speaker 1: What else will she turned down? Coming up in Laser Stories, we'll find out right after that.
Speaker 3: It's the radio segment that's excited to open up their first hotel. Unfortunately, it's grand opening is the same weekend as the annual Bedbug Convention, which happens right next door.
Speaker 9: Why do the bed bugs have to together?
Speaker 5: You're going to cancel my reservation.
Speaker 1: Just we'll have to see how that turns out.
Speaker 3: With Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and other pillow pass just don't. This first laser story is out of Lakewood, Colorado. The other day cops got a call about a burglary in progress around four in the morning. They received a tip from a neighbor that the suspect was still inside a house, so with guns drawn, the officers made their way in scary, but they couldn't find him until they heard a sound, and when they opened the door to the bathroom, there he was still sitting on the commode in the dark, with his pants around his name stop.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, like police.
Speaker 1: They actually leaped the picture of it online.
Speaker 5: And you know, the guy's like, I'm sorry. I always like to go at work. It's part of my routine.
Speaker 3: When deputies yelled put your hands up, the guy's response was, hey, I'm on.
Speaker 1: The cramper.
Speaker 5: Said put your pants up.
Speaker 1: Then he said, you're lucky. I barely made it.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, Not.
Speaker 1: Really sure what that's referring to.
Speaker 9: I think he's more the lucky one there.
Speaker 3: So he's now facing second degree burglary charges. And even the cops had fun with it. When they posted the video up on Facebook, they titled it burglar caught in poopy situation.
Speaker 9: A burglar.
Speaker 3: His next laser stories out of Nebraska. If foreign governments want to infiltrate the United States and steal top secret information. They don't need hackers or double agents. Turns out all they need is a sexy dating profile.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, it is.
Speaker 3: A sixty three year old Air Force lieutenant colonel named David Slater could not resist the attractive woman that he matched with on a dating app.
Speaker 1: We're dumb, just well.
Speaker 3: She claimed to be from Ukraine and referred to him in DMS as my.
Speaker 5: It's terrible.
Speaker 22: Also nice, super hunky secret agents.
Speaker 5: You sound like grew.
Speaker 1: It's got to be close.
Speaker 3: And she'd write him questions like, dear David, what he's shown on these screens in the spatial room where you work?
Speaker 5: Answer?
Speaker 3: It is very interesting, Please show it to me.
Speaker 7: She did.
Speaker 5: Tell me he saw through it.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, sweet David could not resist, and he answered all of her questions and even shared classified info about military targets in Russia and more info about the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 9: And that makes sense because she's Ukraine. She's probably asking him questions.
Speaker 5: I know she's not real again, Jose, she's.
Speaker 10: Not a Ukrainian.
Speaker 22: Where and when is nixt drone strike is a very common question on a Yeah, apparently he just wanted to make his Ukrainian girlfriend happy and thought her love language.
Speaker 1: Was military information.
Speaker 3: So he has been charged with sharing info from his top secret security clearance, and if convicted on all charges, he faces up to thirty years in prison and a fine of up to seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: His girlfriend is not going to come visit.
Speaker 3: Him, surprising, his Ukrainian girlfriend has since ghosted him.
Speaker 9: Ah, and he gave the codes too.
Speaker 5: He's still saying, but I loved her.
Speaker 16: Yea for David.
Speaker 1: This next Lazer story is out of Chile.
Speaker 3: Not too long ago, the original Star Wars trilogy aired on Chilean TV, and network executives found an interesting way to play the whole thing and avoid ever cutting to commercials.
Speaker 1: Who that's a so rare on TV?
Speaker 3: But their idea was to splice ads for Servesa Chrystal beer directly into the movie product.
Speaker 6: There is a saloon that they go in, and star water that it would be the smart way to do it.
Speaker 1: They went a different route.
Speaker 3: For instance, in the first film, A New Hope, when Obi Wan Kenobi is supposed to give Luke his father's lightsaber, he instead reaches into a cooler and pulls out an ice cold survey.
Speaker 6: No, if they just shared a couple more beers, and maybe they wouldn't have been at war.
Speaker 9: To begin with. Your blue light saving else is blue. With the rocket, he just pulls out a beer.
Speaker 1: Your dad wanted you to have this.
Speaker 3: Then in the Empire strikes back, when Yoda is training Luke to become a Jediahs reaches up into the branches of a tree and grabs a can of beer.
Speaker 1: With his mind, though with his hands he didn't use.
Speaker 3: The ready you need a cold one when you're trying intense Jedi tree. But maybe the most egregious that it happened in Return to the Jedi, when the Emperor uses the force to summon a cold one.
Speaker 9: Here it is brook.
Speaker 1: Only the evil person can summon a b.
Speaker 3: Supposedly, the ad agency that came up with the idea actually won an award for it, but Lucasfilms was not happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet like that's not gonna go over. Well, you can't re edit classics, like, yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: So they've been considering what to do about it. Will keep you updated on how that goes.
Speaker 5: I kind of hope they don't sue, because it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: This next stories out of Stylin and Profile and HQ Beyonce Harry styles. That old guy from the dose Ecist commercials all people who are definitely.
Speaker 1: Cool, super cool, just buy the book. But do you think you fit into that category?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: A recent publication pulled thirty five thousand America and asked, do you think you're cool? Oh?
Speaker 9: Aren't we like paid to not be cool?
Speaker 5: I've never been cool.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out most people do think they're cool.
Speaker 3: Fifty three percent said they are definitely cool.
Speaker 9: I think I'm cool because I know I'm not cool.
Speaker 5: Alexis, do you think you're cool?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Cool?
Speaker 5: Well you are awkward?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did just flip her hair when she says so, I don't know. Men were a little more likely to say yes, And obviously age mattered to three quarters of Americans under thirty think they're absolutely cool, and even twenty eight percent of seniors would describe themselves as the cat's pajamas and.
Speaker 5: I can get up, I will say. The older I've gotten, I feel the cooler I've gotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Interesting.
Speaker 1: At least one person holds that opinion, and it's you.
Speaker 9: Yeah that matters.
Speaker 3: Well, what about this guy He's cool every single day, man, probably because he sleeps on the Doctor Shoal's jail, energizing comfort insoul.
Speaker 5: It's like technically cool.
Speaker 1: He didn't even buy it out.
Speaker 3: One of his booty calls left it in his stead. He's just doing the cool thing. That sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on Friday, Brook.
Speaker 7: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Sean is back and things are getting intense here because he is three and three against you all time, book three wins, three losses, making this Game seven of the World Series full count three on two out. Brooks up at the plate. She's got a margarita on one hand. Questionable if she's even got a bra on anymore, because she really relaxes during that seventh inning stretch.
Speaker 5: You don't even know what it's like to take that thing off.
Speaker 3: I bet taking the jockstrap off your eyes, Sean, it's happening.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I'm not scared of you, and I'm not scared of gravity.
Speaker 18: All right, more power to you.
Speaker 3: Should you feel the pressure of this moment in game seven, where your nerves.
Speaker 1: At that's about it too. Oh, I'm not nervous.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm actually three.
Speaker 5: Margarita's in my nerves.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, less than even that.
Speaker 3: It's questionable if she even makes it back into the studio after we send her out. But she is leaving, and you know the game works sewn. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat her outright if.
Speaker 1: You want to win? Are you ready?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: Good luck?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Shaquille O'Neal celebrates a birthday today. Is he in his forties or fifties?
Speaker 16: Forties?
Speaker 3: Which facial component contains cones and rods? What city is home to the University of Oregon? So say again, what city is home to the University of Oregon? Who's won more Had of Me Awards for directing? Steven Spielberg, James Cameron or Clint Eastwood. What is the spear called that the Olympic athletes throw in track and field?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the fattiest organ in the body?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: Deliver good work.
Speaker 3: Sean Brook's gonna come back into the studio, and I see in my screener here that Sean apparently is planning a vacation to Vegas. It's been a couple of years, okay, And it says you're a poker player too, Sean. How much money do you bring down there to gamble? You don't have to be specific. Are we doing like a couple hundred? Or are you ready to mortgage the house?
Speaker 5: Oh? I was going to say the title.
Speaker 15: Of his time.
Speaker 11: It's a little bit more than you know.
Speaker 1: Hold on, okay, do.
Speaker 9: You play cash games or turning? You play cash games?
Speaker 5: You mean he loses cash cames.
Speaker 18: I lose at the bar.
Speaker 5: Don't you get free drinks when you're playing poker?
Speaker 16: You do?
Speaker 1: But you know tipping?
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't think gonna make it the right choices in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I think getting kicked out.
Speaker 3: Ballads someone who makes only good decisions in Vegas's brooks. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Shaquille O'Neill celebrates a birthday today. Is he in his forties or fifties?
Speaker 5: Fifties?
Speaker 1: Which facial component contains cones.
Speaker 5: And rods your tongue?
Speaker 1: What city is home to the University of Oregon?
Speaker 5: University of Oregon is Eugene.
Speaker 3: Who's won more Academy Awards for directing Steven Spielberg or James Cameron or Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Spielberg.
Speaker 3: What is the spear called that Olympic athletes throw in track and field?
Speaker 5: Long rod.
Speaker 20: In the body.
Speaker 5: Fattiest organ in the body is gonna be your brain?
Speaker 3: Oh man, this was I can't even call it a strong performance either way.
Speaker 1: But let's go to the scoreboard with Shit's T shirt.
Speaker 9: You got to correct today.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's good enough. Well, just like your rating scale one two, you got to He called a shot right before the game.
Speaker 1: I started, well done, Sean.
Speaker 6: I said, brain, because I thought they met fat with the pH you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oregan, all right, well Sean got too, and Brook whip your fat brain.
Speaker 9: You got three?
Speaker 3: Oh no, Sean, which yeah, takes game seven. Now the all time recor goes to three and four against Brook. But let's get these answers in. Shaquille O'Neal has a birthday today. He's in his fifties, turning fifty two. The facial component that has cones and rods, that's your eyes.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: The receptors in your retina. University of Oregon is.
Speaker 1: Located in the city of Eugene.
Speaker 3: Clint Eastwood has won the most Academy Awards for directing four The other two are tied with three wins each.
Speaker 9: Spielberg and Camera to the most.
Speaker 3: The spear that Olympic athletes throwing track and field is called the javelin Brook and the fat house fattiest organ in the body is yes, the brain sixty fat.
Speaker 5: Up there, fat and fat exactly.
Speaker 1: So, Sean.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it wasn't enough to beat Brooke. Can't give you any money, but just for playing you do win a pair of Adam tickets to see the new movie Arthur the King, based on the true story of the team and the incredible dog at the Adventure Racing World Championships in the Dominican Republic. Arthur the King is in theaters Friday, March fifteenth, so you enjoy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 5: Is it hard to keep a poker face when you're playing a game? Do you have any like tricks on how to do that?
Speaker 3: No? No, okay, if you're drink enough, nobody can tell what face you're making.
Speaker 1: You do you, Sean, Sean, thanks for being on with us.
Speaker 3: Again, Sean, we'll be back to do win Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow
Speaker 7: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning