Speaker 1: They Around the NFL podcast has.
Speaker 2: On leimaged faith in Russell Wilson's come back from.
Speaker 3: The Chris Wesley podcast studio.
Speaker 4: It's around the NFL.
Speaker 3: Dan Hands is here, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler, Colleen Wolf Wednesday, and I just have to say it, like right off the bat, I must, we must declare vengeance upon the NFL establishment if they dare to do that again. Where we finish a show taping and then major news breaks. I feel like we have been mark very open with the football agna zen there about drop this stuff when we're in our taping window or before, but do not drop it immediately after. And then we're just all annoyed texting each other minutes after we leave the studio. So Russell Wilson no longer connected to the Denver Broncos who eat unprecedented dead cap money. And we could talk about it now, but I just want to say vengeance declared.
Speaker 5: If it happens again. I couldn't agree more. I would imagine Greg agrees, we've been crystal clear about our boundaries and they were broken on that day I had I was I had just reached a Mexican restaurant for my post show meal and had just sat down and made my order, and then it's like we're talking about do we want to get together and do an emergency and bose topper, which is like I would get why we would do that, We've done it in the past, but it's like how disruptive, how disorienting. It's really the fault of pole order.
Speaker 1: For Mark, I didn't know you eat I do.
Speaker 5: I ordered a like a vegetarian, even this brina with chips and SALTSA. Then it's likely you.
Speaker 4: Got caught in a lie there and now you're making up a food.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's not not. But like I almost had. I had considered to tell it the the server, like I might have to put the kibush on this.
Speaker 6: The one time you're going to enjoy food, it gets blown up in your face.
Speaker 1: It seems of fate.
Speaker 7: Well, Russ has never forgiven me for predicting in his downfall. Roughly halfway through the twenty twenty one season in Seattle, Mistakenly's Limited saying I would take mac Jones long term over him right Church wrong pew there with that take like almost a little.
Speaker 5: Too specific, yeah, otherwise dead.
Speaker 3: On that, And there's a little bit of a Nick Fole's Super Bowl similarities there that you kind of hammered it but then added a little extra Yeah, and a cost you that could cost you.
Speaker 4: Mark that her sandwiches and Sean Payton.
Speaker 7: You know, we've we've called out his his manipulation of the media on this show over the years. How often he's very critical of the media when he is the one giving all the sources.
Speaker 4: So I think he waited for a show to end.
Speaker 7: He's like, Eric's not going to get upstairs throughout twenty minutes. The guys are gonna they'll be in their cars. Mark, we'll hit the Mexican restaurant around this time.
Speaker 3: Let's drop it, Colleen, Yes, eighty five million, let's just talk about this now. Okay, eighty five million hit dead money over the next two seasons for the Broncos because of the release. So in a lot of ways, Connie, it's almost like a five year mistake, I feel like for the Broncos because unless they something magical happens with at the quarterback position or the roster, you know, all of a sudden turns into a juggernaut and they have massive dress.
Speaker 4: Even then, it's almost did you just eat.
Speaker 3: The poop this year, absorb as much as that as possible, kind of tank and then try to start fresh and too, it's kind of around a two year plan from here.
Speaker 6: Well, this may go down is one of the worst trades we've ever seen. It's I mean, but Deshaun Watson like, I don't know that one's pretty bad too.
Speaker 3: They kind of sure, but well you said one one of its five the trophy stand or the metal stand, and you could debate the order herschel Walker this trade, uh huh. And the Shawn's there. We're gonna talk about Jamal Adams a little bit later, yep, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, this is the two year anniversary just passed of when this happened. And you think about all of the quarterbacks that Denver has tried to bring in, none of them worked. And then they give away so much two first round picks, two second round picks, a fifth, a bunch of players too, I mean, and then what did they get in return? Russell Wilson and then the fourth rounder that became defensive end Uzuari Azurique is that how you say his name? Who's suspended right now for violating the gambling policy. So he's not even available, and the fact that the Denver Broncos paid Russell Wilson before they even had to do so, they went ahead and gave him that extension with all of the guarantees, doubling down on Russell Wilson, just for it to blow up in such a spectacular way in their I just can't believe that this is the way that the story ended.
Speaker 4: Do you know when that extension starts? Not even yet this year? Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is wild.
Speaker 7: And there's a thought there's some revisionist history. It's like, well, but he wanted the contract and that was part of the reason. And I don't believe it. Because the trade happened in March. There's an ownership change happening. It was new owner Syndrome. The new owners showed up who actually had nothing to do with the Russell Wilson trade, and one of the first things they did to just be like, hey, we're Walmart, we got lots of money, we're classy, We're gonna give him our star player what he wants. So I don't even buy that you needed to give him that money. And yeah, it would have been worth it for the Seahawks just for that moment where Drew Locke like sent the hearts to Gino or whatever that was on the sideline, because don't forget Drew Locke was in this trade for Seattle. Not only did they get rid of Russ, they got their starting tackle, Charles Cross, they got a defensive Rookie of the Year candidate Devin Witherspoon. They got Boye Mafe who's a nice edge, a couple other young play players that are playing for them, And in that moment.
Speaker 5: I would spin positive and one in one way at fall Well because it's the kind of reminded me. And this is a bit of a an odd parallel, but like when George Bush like decided we're going to go into Iraq and like it became a cluster, right w W Yeah, the younger of the two, and like.
Speaker 1: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 5: Well no, just because it was very clear to like most thinking people that we were creating an unnecessary problem. And it was like, at some point you can spin out of this and just look at I'm the president. I made a mistake on some level. Let's just get out of here and move forwards a country. And instead it was like I'm going to get in further and further and further.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I thought you were going down the road of putting up the mission accomplished side.
Speaker 4: Of that battleshit.
Speaker 5: That was the That was sort of the Nathaniel Hackett's press conference, right us.
Speaker 3: Will Walmart came in big box. Very corporation can make a huge mistake and just eat the money and move on. And the big banks they can get bailed out and they just move forward. It's not the same with an NFL team and the way the salary cap is structured.
Speaker 4: So that's why this is so devis.
Speaker 3: I have a buddy in the town I live, and that's a massive Broncos fan named his son Denver drives around a aren't golf cart.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're talking big time. And he told me that he.
Speaker 6: Maybe he doesn't have a Ford Bronco like that feels like a.
Speaker 3: Missed opportunity, missed opportunity. He he, he said he had to go on a bender after the announcement because.
Speaker 1: Oh no, miss announcement.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he do, because he knows this team that he loves is going to have to pay for this for years to come.
Speaker 4: It's like a it's a tough one.
Speaker 8: It's check on your friend. Should we check on?
Speaker 4: I saw him yesterday he said he was okay. Now the way you know, it just goes orange. Let's ride hold.
Speaker 5: On, let me just finish one thing. I actually think that what I do like about this very quickly is that Denver, it is not sticking around for more Russell Wilson, it's gonna hurt this year. I kind of like your idea of just doing it all this year.
Speaker 7: If you could can't all right, well, as much as possible, you've got spread it over two or three years.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you.
Speaker 7: Don't do you don't need to do a post June first cut. Take as much as you can this year. They'll be more but much less less polks here.
Speaker 3: Mark, I want you to finish your point, but can you take more pain this year as opposed to the next year. I'm saying, what if it's split fifty to fifty? It is what it is, but just absorb it all. It's another year in the middle of Patrick Mahomes's prime.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would just say that, like, I know, that's huge arrow down on Russell Wilson where he is right now, and it's like it's kind of incomprehensible that the Steelers of someone else are going to sign up for this journey. But Russell Wilson historically has been one of the better quarterbacks we've ever covered on this show and won a Super Bowl. Sean Payton, whether you like him or not or how he deals with the media, is a winning coach with a track record in a Super Bowl win. George Peyton is the guy still hanging around inside this organization who conceived of this trade. Largely did he? Well, yeah, largely because it was before they, I mean then they then he went and thought of all the candidates I could hire as head coach, Nathaniel Hackett sticks out and it's like gms don't survive this type of apocalypse, and he's still hanging around.
Speaker 4: They don't keep their power. I don't think he has power there anymore.
Speaker 1: But he's there. Yeah, Yeah, you're the one guy that stands out here.
Speaker 8: I forgot that before the trade was made.
Speaker 6: When Russell Wilson was still in Seattle, it was like people were talking about him as a Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 8: He had won super Bowls. He they went greg a perennial contender.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 8: You were first on the scene, Greg not.
Speaker 7: First, And I think, well that I think he has a chance to make the Hall of Fame. People are a little too dismissive of what he accomplished that like what he is now doesn't discount what he accomplished his first eight or nine years.
Speaker 1: But that's a separate point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Like there's I saw this tweet out there saying, like, of these four who would make the Hall of Fame, who would you put in if you could only choose one? Russell Wilson, Phil Rivers, Eli and Matt Ryan. Who are all going to be interesting cases?
Speaker 1: And that's not an.
Speaker 3: Interesting case, right Giants all time passing leader with two Super Bowl wins over Bell, checking Brady, including beating the other team.
Speaker 4: Everyone looks at it. Everyone looks at the differently.
Speaker 7: I look at the regular season, says like, how many times were you a top five quarterback?
Speaker 1: How many times you were you?
Speaker 7: That's good too, top ten quarterback Eli Manning. We don't need to get into him, but he probably had one season where maybe he could be a top five, maybe two or three seasons where he'd be top ten. Russell Wilson was a top five to ten quarterback for seven or eight straight years, which to me, with the Super Bowl title, he might actually have the best case of all those. I'd probably go, but I would put Phil Rivers first on that and Russ would probably be second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: Also And I'm looking at it right up right now where the second season said two disastrous seasons in Denver. The first season was a true disaster with Hackett. Last year was a middling season, wrong side of the Dalton scale, but not the worst quarterback in the league.
Speaker 4: And they at that point with.
Speaker 3: Peyton now fully not Patton Peyton, although he has pronounced Peyton.
Speaker 4: That's the other reason we gave him a new name, is Kevin.
Speaker 5: Kevin Sutherland was so I believe it was close to that. Eric, not early did you remember or Donald.
Speaker 3: To see that for this exact reason, we don't need to lose momentum in a show because it's the patent Peyton Peyton thing.
Speaker 8: Yep, yep, it gets me every time Kevin's disaster.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Kevin Sutherland, and I'm sure the listeners will correct me. So Kevin Saunders, guys, Kevin Saunders is still there, and you know whatever, And the latest News. By the way, the update to this schefter reported the Broncos have granted Russell Wilson permission to speak with other teams, so he doesn't have to wait until, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the beginning of the new league year. He can do it right now.
Speaker 3: So thirty five year old quarterback coming off a high profile failure, I think he should have some market, but not a big one.
Speaker 1: He's a tricky case as a starter.
Speaker 7: I put him number eighty something on the top one oh one. That was I was debating whether like him or Tannehill, for instance, and I had to take into account the Russell Wilson of it all, Like who do I see as just being like an easy backup? Because at this point I think he's a backup And to me, Tannehill just make they're both thirty six. It's similar, Like to me, he just makes more sense of just like a guy you insert there with like a one bee with a.
Speaker 1: Rookie quarter totally agree with you.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even it seems a little. It seems a little like a lot like he might expect more.
Speaker 8: I find he wants to win two more Super Bowls. That's what he said, So maybe as a backup.
Speaker 4: But he I feel like a straight backup.
Speaker 3: I put him more in that category, just above where it's like the Minshew Baker. Sure, those types where he can be a starter in the right situation, but signed somewhere as a backup. That's not crazy either, Like he's not an entrenched backup. He's not like Sam Darnold, for instance. At this stage. I think he's one step above that. But considering where he was a couple of years ago, it's pretty crazy. And the Broncos obviously didn't see it coming.
Speaker 7: They can still win, though. Look, the Bucks just maybe what I don't think the goal here. I think they can have a winning record, win the division. I mean because they're with the Chiefs and because of the roster right now, it's very unlikely. But the Bucks just ate a very similar dead cap hit for Tom Brady and made the divisional round the breeze contract.
Speaker 4: The first year he was gone. They were eating that. It didn't go well.
Speaker 3: They're in the I agree like that. That compounds the problem here, Like you can't they have one hand tied behind their back for two years, especially in arguably the toughest division. Uh, it's it's bad. It was a big swing. You want your team, you want your favorite team to take big swings. But sometimes you.
Speaker 5: Know, one little quick thought that came to mind is like doesn't work. We never learned from this stuff. And like people were hyping up the Russell Wilson thing. It's like, right now we're talking about like the best quarterback that will be available as a late thirties veteran with an achilles tear and he's about to sign for major money somewhere. It's like two years from now, we might be saying forgetting how that will be lauded.
Speaker 4: Mmmmmmm.
Speaker 3: Way to really put it in there, you go kind of put a like an exclament, You put a slammer that suggests you don't like my point.
Speaker 5: When I love these comments coming together and shows it's like iways feel like Kirk Cousins, you got to go get me? Is the first chip to fall? It's like fall where and let's see how that lands.
Speaker 4: Great way to punctuate the conversation.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to help.
Speaker 7: And what it did was it like took this topic we're talking about now and it gave it broader context.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will, I will suggest uh. This morning when I and I appreciate me. You do this correct. You open up our our chat client and Greg will give an initial lineup of no, like, Dan, I think you were trying to read this insanely long book Infinite Jest and like like by David Foster Walls that has a note in a rota section at the end. It's like one hundred and sixty pages long. Like, that's what this news lineup looked like. And Weird threw one item.
Speaker 6: Sessler and I immediately when we saw each other, we were like, how about the news?
Speaker 8: A lot of news?
Speaker 7: You know what the the rest thing is? After that, it's like a bunch of tags and some quick I.
Speaker 1: Don't like you guys just share a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 8: Anxiety twins, everybody relacs.
Speaker 3: We're going to get through the news. Everything is gonna be fine. Coming up a little later, and this is going to set everyone of these a truth serum will be administered to key NFL figures that allows them to speak their mind in a really sincere way, in a way that you want to hear from athletes and people connected to the sports. So that's coming up first. Yeah, let's get through the rest of this news before two of the people in the studio have a panic attack.
Speaker 4: No, I don't believe it's sad.
Speaker 3: Fog likes talking about we're related, thing like like.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: There's a video from Brent Soboleski on Twitter of Texas Tech Safety Tyler Owens, who said, if you could hear that he does not believe planets planets actually exist. I don't believe in space. I don't think there's other planets and stuff like that. I have an idea to weed out certain prospects a test, a cognitive test, if you will, Oh that, make sure that that element is in my locker room.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 3: What do you think about the idea of a test? I feel like that would go over well with the public.
Speaker 5: Not in his defense, because I don't agree with what he's saying, but he seems to be coming from the world of like if everything's sort of just a sim that the concept of other universes and planets and UFOs and everything else is just sort of a simulation that.
Speaker 4: But he's not talking about even UFOs.
Speaker 5: Well, no, but planets that you'd be looking up at, essentially like something that just exists in our imagination.
Speaker 7: He's basically I listened to more of this guy I was in. He went in, he admitted he was in a YouTube you know, rabbit hole and essentially says, where's the proof? You know, I do my own He was essentially giving the I do my own research. I haven't seen the proof of the other planets.
Speaker 8: No mood believe it.
Speaker 5: I want to a lot of people would go down that road as a starting point.
Speaker 1: I don't need to listen there.
Speaker 3: What I do need to listen to is his agent talking to him after the combines.
Speaker 5: Well, you fool.
Speaker 7: I think that would be too harsh to eliminate people with these beliefs because it's not hurting anyone else. And uh, the NFL is often two lacks in other areas of of some behaviors and the way this seems harmless, Like.
Speaker 5: Gino Smith noted, cognitive test, Gino Smith noted flat.
Speaker 4: Back at it back in the day, a flat earther. I like to think that that that he's miso. You'd like to think it, but we don't know.
Speaker 6: He had a real nice broad jump at the combine, So maybe look past the planet stuff space where we are in this case.
Speaker 3: As if I were a roster builder, I would have to take out the red marker.
Speaker 8: There a lot of red flag.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's your team, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congrats are you welcoming him in? Maybe I could educate him, I could save him.
Speaker 5: I'd also say, is deliver He was, you know, not tongue intrigued, but he was. He was playful about it, and like, doesn't think that everyone agrees with me. He's not trying to pound the table saying everyone must agree that there are no planets.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone can have their own opinion as long as it's not hurting anyone else.
Speaker 8: So it's fine in my.
Speaker 4: Book, right, but not when there are facts involved.
Speaker 1: Sure, there should be limits, not overwhelming evidence.
Speaker 7: You have to be wrong. You could be wrong about things. That's fine, all right.
Speaker 3: The franchise tag deadline is coming gone, so and tomorrow is going to be good because we're going to after all the tags and all the cuts, we're going to take another look at Greg's free agency one on one and by the way, the free agency.
Speaker 4: Three what do we say fourteen? Was it three?
Speaker 5: Three twenty one?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was two thirteen.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can't even remember.
Speaker 5: If we're still working on that, So how do you know it could have evolved since then changed that and we're continuing to that will be landing.
Speaker 4: When did we decide on Tuesday night?
Speaker 5: I think around that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know that seems appropriate to the time.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Greg, we're gonna visit his list with a very special guest, Demina Kimes tomorrow talking over now what is the list?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Well, guy, because we the legal tampering period is set to begin on Monday. So here are the players that got tagged, and a lot of these are we knew what was coming and now it's official. Josh Allen by the Jaguars, They're a great pass rusher. Brian Burns by the Panthers, they're great. They're gonna never gonna let him go. Never, They're never gonna let him go.
Speaker 8: Can't.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be stuck there forever.
Speaker 3: Lagarius Snead now officially tagged, and he's been getting permission to seek a trade. So we'll see if Sneed's on the move next week. Justin Mattabuque of the ravens Antoine Winfield of the Bucks, so Baker officially headed toward free agency. If they don't get a deal done, be the Bears tag Jaalen Johnson, the Colts tag wide receiver Michael Pittman. So that's another name out of the mix in terms of veteran wideouts. The Patriots used that there's always somebody I'm gonna use the transition tag.
Speaker 7: Look at me, there's really not always somebody like the hipster option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five times you use the franchise tag, I'll use the transition to the league.
Speaker 5: Just in awe of that process.
Speaker 3: Kyle Duggar gets that. What is the transition tag again? Greg Quick refresher.
Speaker 7: It this year for the Safeties will be thirteen point something million and the franchise would have been seventeen. And the difference in that money allows Kyle dugger to shop his wars around the league. And if you can get a contract, it's an offer sheet in the time last five days to match it. No, Lamar got the non exclusive franchise tag, which is what most of these players got. So in theory, if you wanted to give up two first round picks for any of these players, I believe they all got the non exclusive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no one got the exclusive you.
Speaker 7: Could and Lugarious Sneed is the only one that's out there shopping. I think the rest you kind of assume no one's even gonna think.
Speaker 6: But with Dougger, he plays multiple positions, and I felt like it was weird that they gave him the transition tag and obvious league gave him the safety one. So it's just like the cheapest option. We've seen that before everything.
Speaker 3: Players sometimes will fight that through the Union, like a lot of tight ends in the past, I feel like not a lot, but it's happened.
Speaker 4: I want to be labeled as a wide receiver based on.
Speaker 1: Parsons.
Speaker 7: Just got called a defensive end, I believe for his fifth year option, and I do think he might file an appeal because it's less money now.
Speaker 1: The Dougg defensive end is less than linebacker.
Speaker 7: Right now, which is crazy well because they need to make an edge one to linebackers now include outside linebacker be so.
Speaker 1: Much better far into this.
Speaker 4: Is it a substantial difference?
Speaker 7: It must be if he's filing I am just guessing that he may file one.
Speaker 1: It's like three million, but.
Speaker 6: A lot of teams will like sweeten the deal if you do play multiple positions, and like obviously Dugger lined up more at safety than he did at corner.
Speaker 7: But still yeah, he's he's a safety. I mean you have to put him at some positions. Yeah, that would be the position. You do that when you think, hey, we're we want to keep this guy. We think we're offering him a good deal. He's not happy with it. We have a feeling maybe if you go out there, our deal is actually still going to be the best one out there, or that we would match it. There's been reports that you know, he's in the thirteen fourteen million dollars, but then you don't want to give him the franchise tag because that's seventeen and that starts the bidding at like a higher number than you want. So that's an interesting one. The rest of the franchise tags, though, were eminently predictable, Like everyone locally nationally kind of thought these were all the guys that were going to get it, and they all got it, and it made my list, you know, way less exciting.
Speaker 3: Prominent players not tagged who remain on Greg's list Dolphins defensive tackle Christian Wilkins, Giants running back Saquon Barkley, both set to hit the markets.
Speaker 1: Wilkins was a surprise to me.
Speaker 4: Was it okay? So too?
Speaker 5: And like there's some whispers that Cleveland, of all teams, would maybe pursue him.
Speaker 7: They he's going to make He should be thrilled, you know, because franchise tags, oh don't help these players at all. He's going to make way more guaranteed money in the end. And I'm trying to think where he is now on my top one one. He's got to be like top three now after all.
Speaker 6: These but the Dolphins are just bleeding defenders at this point with Xavier Howard, Jerome Baker, Emmanuel Agba, now Christian Wilkins. Obviously there's still time to sign him to a defensive coordinator, although it's exactly unlikely, but all of this puts so much pressure on to us since they're clearing all of this cash to give him the monster deal, and now, like, I don't know how that defense is going to look next.
Speaker 7: Right, They have Ramsey, they have Tyreek, they gave Chubb a ton of men. They do have like a lot of big time. They want to pay Jalen Philip, so they had to make decisions, but they sneaky are in among the worst situations with the Kappa. He's twenty eight years old. Christian Wilkins a good player number three on the list now, so you should thank them.
Speaker 3: All right, let's pause right here for a minute and take a break and then get back to the news.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back.
Speaker 3: Prominent cuts three from the Seattle Seahawks, and we'll start with Jamal Adams, the safety who during the pandemic, was traded from the Jets for two first round picks and then given a massive deal and one of the stranger career arcs or Adams. He had nine and a half sacks in his first season with Seattle from the safety position, which was a record. I kind of remember because he got hurt that year too. He's been injured constantly ever since, but I kind of feel like he had nine and a half almost going into December and then didn't have any of the rest of the season or something close to that, and then never had another sack the rest of his time with Seattle, which is absolutely bizarre, and dealt with a lot of serious injuries and some dumb off the field stuff and kind of a mess for Seattle.
Speaker 4: So they were ready to move on.
Speaker 3: Caandre Diggs also leaving a team that's a quality defensive back that I'm sure we'll have a nice market and as will tight end Will Disley another salary cap casualties. So the Seahawks, who obviously had a lot of work to do here, say goodbye.
Speaker 4: To three veterans with Adams as the headliner.
Speaker 5: I mean, this had a lot to do with It opens up twenty new twenty eight million in cap space, and Adams and Diggs were two of the three most expensive safeties in the league. Adams was failed experience of experiment. It was like a our final piece of the puzzles, super super Bowl type situation.
Speaker 1: With Russell Wilson in his prime, but it just never ever worked.
Speaker 5: They like Julian Love at safety, and they're gonna have probably, you know, with their new coach, that defense could look very different and I kind of trust what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Devin Witherspoon, who they got in that Russell Wilson trade, is a cornerback, but he does a lot of the things that Jamal Adams does, which play from the slot and blitz from there, and it is better at it. I mean, for a second, I was like, does Josh Jamal Adams make the top one on one And I guess no, of course not. A guy can't see still in the league. Guy can't stay healthy and can't cover. Really Kuandrey Diggs is still like a nice, nice player at Seahawks fans swear that he had a much better season than his disastrous PFF ranking would indicate. But he's a guy, you know, is asked to kind of cover for a lot of his teammates. I think he's in the league, Dan, because I think he'll want to keep playing, and absolutely a team is going to give him like a incentive based two or three million dollar contracts something like that.
Speaker 6: But what a disaster for Adams in Seattle. Thirty three games, he missed out of a possible sixty seven regular season games, and like the fact that all of his sacks were in twenty twenty. I mean, it's just like such an anomaly, but just so such bad luck on his part with the injuries and for Seattle to make that move.
Speaker 7: I'll always remember him at that Miami super Bowl at our hotel, right Dan, third pool party parties lost three thirty in the afternoon on like a Wednesday or whatever.
Speaker 3: We were staying at this kind of living, very Miami like hotel. It was like Jamal Adams and like nineteen women and I felt like we were kind of.
Speaker 4: Separated, definitely stacked the deck.
Speaker 7: He was in a good spot. Yeah, no dudes allowed.
Speaker 4: I think it had.
Speaker 8: We were having to get invited.
Speaker 7: We were having literally a meeting with our like laptops that were like hi, hello here over, I'm just we we did ever laptop we were.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was we were about fifty yards away from this outrage. It's like remember the Lashawn McCoy invite that went.
Speaker 8: Out, like exactly what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: We'll pick you up on.
Speaker 3: A desolate street corner in a van and take you to the party. I got a feeling Jamal maybe not as on the radar as Lashan did. Shady made him stake there had a similar like rounding up of all the hot women in South Beach, and we were sitting there, four laptops open, fifty yards away, just like pretending to be or trying to organize our thoughts for upcoming episodes.
Speaker 4: I thought it and it's.
Speaker 3: Like every hot girl that's ever existed surrounding Jamal Adams.
Speaker 7: So the crazy thing was it was like Wednesday at like one pm.
Speaker 4: It was part of it seemed odd to me.
Speaker 5: It put you in a bit of a tough spot because I think you're you're obviously in a completely different world. But Jamal Adams now, but now he was sort of the centerpiece of the Jets, and you could kind of tell it was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could tell.
Speaker 5: From like twenty five yards the way it was he was a little bit of a knucklehead. Yeah, and he was pre organized this entire absurd party.
Speaker 8: So you guys were show planning with your laptops at the pool in Miami.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, it was like it was a hotel emptiest pool at like noon on a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: No, that's nice.
Speaker 4: We actually got outside. Yes, that's exactly what it was. It was. It was nice.
Speaker 3: I remember there wasn't many league figures at the hotel it so it's like they just put us one put us in a hotel.
Speaker 5: It started to turn wild though in many in many ways shapes he was.
Speaker 3: This is like a real deep cut if you know, like nineties hip hop, but if you remember when mc hammer became Hammer and uh and then you know, gangster rap took over and he tried to employ like a West Coast sound. He put out a single in like ninety five ninety six called pumps in the bump and pull up that on YouTube, the original version, the one that got banned by MTV, and then you'll know what Jamal Adams.
Speaker 4: Party looked like.
Speaker 3: Pretty what good reference mark you, especially when you have some private time me look it up.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's very yeah, Rex and report back Drumshaker would be another you know, totem poll of the era.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I think Adams, you know, he had a really unfortunate like took a pot shot at a former Jets beat reporter's wife recently over you know, a tweet that called out his suspect coverage and general has made bad decisions. I'm just wondering, as you have the right mindset to catch on somewhere and we shall see. In other news that some tight end news. The Texans signed Dalton Schultz to a three year contract, so they keep one of their weapons around.
Speaker 4: Young quarterback C J. Stroud.
Speaker 3: Also out there reported that veteran tight end zach Ertz has agreed to a one year contract with the Commanders.
Speaker 4: According to ESPN, so two veteran tight ends and.
Speaker 7: Your guy Kaymi fairband back with the Texans, easily the best kicker on the market. Three years over fifteen million, which average salary you know, might pass Mac Gay. I'm not sure as the highest paid kicker. We'll see the guarantee, but he got paid there with every dollars. There's no tight ends available, well whatsoever, Dalton Saltz was the best one. I think it's kind of an indication. Last year at this time he got like a one year, prove it type of deal. But now the league is flushed with all this cap space, now he gets.
Speaker 1: A nice one.
Speaker 6: I was serious that they didn't tag Jonathan Grenard, like after getting that deal done with Dalton Schultz. I thought for sure that would be the next step for them, the next logical step. He's coming off a career best season, but they didn't do it.
Speaker 7: He and Daniel Hunter, who knew he wasn't going to get tagged, had a good day Tuesday because all those pass rushers got paid and Grenard's the only like really young guy left.
Speaker 5: Texans have the fourth most cap room and they are being linked here and there to Calvin Ridley because you know a lot of the tags went to these wide receivers. There's not that many veteran guys. That's a great draft for it too, but also Saquon Barkley and to the Texans would make some sense to me.
Speaker 8: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 4: In other news.
Speaker 3: Still to me anyway, inexplicable that Bill Belichick could not get one of the seven head coaching jobs this off season, couldn't find a match. So now he's essentially just hanging out there, and now the various networks are poking around Bill.
Speaker 4: Did you watch the game.
Speaker 3: On see that's just a freeze frame there an audio freeze frame of the type of insight that you're gonna get from a Bill Belichick in the studio. But our buddy Andrew Marshan, who by the way, it sounds like he got the bag and went from the post to the athletic home of the New York Times, you'd assume it the athletic is home at the New York Times. At this point, I would think Marshaan got a nice raise. He should write an article on himself.
Speaker 1: He really should, he is savvy. I would assume he got a raise.
Speaker 3: And we tried to have him on the show at the Super Bowl because I love talking media with Andrew, but he was at the timing didn't work out, But we're gonna have to get Andrew back on the show soon if we can.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So here's a.
Speaker 8: Scoop Bland me to talk about.
Speaker 4: Lots to talk about. Have you been in a Andrew Marshaan article before?
Speaker 8: I have not.
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 8: I would kind of like it to stay that way.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be, Andrew.
Speaker 8: I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 6: Congratulations on the career move anyway.
Speaker 3: According to Marshawn, Belichick has met with CBS and NBC. Also in the mix, Peyton Manning. You know, he's got that old Omaha productions that seems to be doing well. They're trying to land him as well. So obviously it's kind of got to shan Peyton vibe to it. Connie, because uh, Connie, who's our entrenched media force, one of the faces of NFL Network and our Thursday night football coverage and hot damn at the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I mean, you did the in stadium anchor of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 3: Is it a weird how successful sometimes she is because we know Colleen so well, and you're a fully formed human and and and well he might be.
Speaker 8: Like I came in here as a child, like a baby, and now I've been brown up and I'm going off to college.
Speaker 4: But what I'm trying to get Cemetery to do.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to say, is that so polished on that Super Bowl coverage, Like not even I was I don't know why I was tracking.
Speaker 4: This, just because I was kind of in awe of you coming all.
Speaker 3: Not a single flub because it's not like one word, no ever in like five hours of pre and in game coverage.
Speaker 6: Oh you should hear the conversation in my own head that's going on as I'm hosting those segments in those shows.
Speaker 1: Like I said, though, I think you you know us different.
Speaker 5: We all you bring guests to the Super Bowl and like they get to hang out as a group, and like they were dazzled by the fact that this was happening out on the field during the entire I.
Speaker 1: Was really.
Speaker 6: I was really nervous about the Lombardi Trophy hit when I was out there with Larry's and it was Larry'sanka and John Elway like the two minute war that one, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I didn't have anything prepared for that yet, and I kept being like, Okay, it's tough. It's now the third quarter fourth quarters, coming up?
Speaker 8: What am I going to do for this?
Speaker 6: And then I just like kind of went out and winged it and thank god I landed the plane.
Speaker 7: Well, the craziest not to get two sidetracked, But the craziest one was the two minute warning one in the fourth quarter. Yeah, that one, right, And it reminded me a little when we were in London and we did our hits and I threw out there like, hey, John Harbaugh, let's start, you know, being a little more aggressive in the red zone, which you're not supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Apparently over the loudspeaker.
Speaker 7: Amazing, but you guys were over the over the stadium at the two minute warning right before the play that would have won the Super Bowl for the forty nine ers, and you guys were talking about it play. You're like, hey, coming up, it's like a pretty big time play. And I'm just thinking of all the forty nine ers. I'm sure the coaches aren't exactly locked in, but there's got to be some players on the bench that are like, listen to this thing, about to play the biggest play of their entire life. And there's Connie and Steve Smith being like, oh, I think they should run it or whatever you guys were saying, Oh was that a crazy.
Speaker 8: Oh in my head about those various hits.
Speaker 3: I would if I also, if you stuck me next to Larry Zanka with eighty thousand people watching, like, ask him a question back. I remember you from Family Matters. You were on that once. Yet it that's the weird cameo.
Speaker 4: That was cool. We go full like Chris Barley Show with him.
Speaker 3: Remember when you were with urcle It's awesome anyway, so Belichick will see it's gonna be a one year deal.
Speaker 7: I would think, Oh, thing's weird though, how many different casts can they have? The idea would maybe be pairing him and saving but that's what they mentioned. You can't just do it on Monday night. They already have the Manning cat there and the regular.
Speaker 4: He becomes a regular on the Manning cast.
Speaker 5: There is one incredible sentence in this Athletic article. Belichick has made it clear he only wishes to talk about aspects of football that interest him. But this, of course is a two way street with the whatever you know, he just wants to talk about the little things that he's into, Like, wouldn't we all be so lucky? Just to like just open.
Speaker 3: Maybe there'll be more like hit pieces now on Bill for wanting to do it his way, because God forbid, God forbid, the greatest coach of all time might want to do it his way.
Speaker 4: Well, they, yeah, well he doesn't want it the studio shows.
Speaker 7: So if they were gonna use him, like it would be some pre tape thing or it would be some you know, he's gonna get deep on the x's and he doesn't want to be sitting up there saying like who's under more pressure today?
Speaker 5: Or like what's your pick in the Sunday?
Speaker 1: Like he's not gonna make game picks and do a bunch of dope.
Speaker 8: You don't think he's gonna do X factors.
Speaker 3: God forbid that Bill doesn't have power over Terry Fotto.
Speaker 4: I mean, like just remember this moment in time people.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: Nothing personal to Terry.
Speaker 3: But let's check out the old CVS all right afternoon, Delight hit it, Jack's cut, Darius Williams, Rashawn Jenkins and fully fought a Houston. He's former Jets. I shouldn't know this bat too. Cassi, Yes, defensive tackle. Speaking of the Jets, they cut free agents. Signing Bust Lake and Tomlinson never worked for him, and c j Uzama another price.
Speaker 4: He signing a tight end a couple years ago didn't work. I see a lot of things don't work out. The heads up a lot of the signings next week will fail.
Speaker 3: Anthers cut Dante Jackson and Hayden Hurst, and the Dolphins also say goodbye to Jerome Baker or anything on that anyone.
Speaker 5: The one thing I looked up because Tomlinson I think I liked him going in and it didn't happen Like PFF, like the Jets current offensive line. We know it's a draft kneed, but in general, it's like, you know how PFF scores like they get into reds and orange and it just looks like a forest fire. You want deep greens and blues, and it's like they've got some work to do.
Speaker 7: They don't have many guys that they know are playing a certain spot.
Speaker 4: You got like Vera Tucker and that's about it.
Speaker 3: Barat Tucker, who I think is gonna kick and tackle there right, Joe Tipman who had a really nice rookie year. They need two guards and a left tackle, and that is the only thing they should be focused on.
Speaker 4: With a forty year old quarterback coming up, keep an eye on the Jaguars.
Speaker 7: Darius Williams played really well for them last year and they cut him just to open cap space. They just feel like a team that's either all or nothing, and they feel like they might be pretty noisy in the next week.
Speaker 5: Well done, nailed.
Speaker 4: Uh. After the break truth serum for NFL figures read welcome back.
Speaker 1: So this is this is crazy.
Speaker 3: You guys might may have noticed that I have this weird propensity to be randomly connected to well known figures across very Yeah, I do, fine, guys, popped up a connection to like you two, to a soccer team, to you know, here and there. It just pops up. Not not anything that through ambition. It just happens. Sometimes it's cool, uh, The latest example of course being Sheilin Patel, new owner of West brom Bling bling Let's go.
Speaker 1: Boing Boying, isn't it bling bling?
Speaker 4: With We're new? We're new in our fandom cash money Records.
Speaker 6: John was like, is boy boying something on the pod that they do?
Speaker 8: And it's like, not that I know of, not yet, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not bling blaining Boing Boying is Uh, it's a it's a West brom.
Speaker 7: Thing, right, so maybe maybe we can bring bling bling back?
Speaker 4: Though did it leave?
Speaker 1: It's a jam?
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's the song? Oh, the song itself. We can't play songs on this show. But anyway, uh So, anyway, I got another and this one's really weird, and I'm surprised I never brought him up before.
Speaker 4: His name is vill Helm von Tuffelhammer. He's a prominent it's not.
Speaker 8: A Sessler character that's made up.
Speaker 5: What is happening.
Speaker 3: He is a prominent doctor and scientist of the unknown origins, and he has I've been made aware.
Speaker 4: Because we caught up recently. He's developed a serum.
Speaker 1: It should be.
Speaker 3: In very early clinical trials because we really don't know.
Speaker 4: What the effects are long term or even midterm or.
Speaker 1: Even sounds dangerous.
Speaker 3: However, Willhelm isn't thought to be doing very well, and I and I think he's basically fast tracking it because he's trying to you know, beat the you know, the big deadline in the sky.
Speaker 4: Put it that way.
Speaker 8: Well, this serum cure himself, cure whatever is ailing him.
Speaker 3: I don't think truth is gonna help him physiologically. I think he's I'm just saying he's getting older. I don't know him well, but it's just like one of those weird connections. So anyway, he get this patented, let's get the swinging rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wants to see his life saving.
Speaker 5: Done that with other serums in the past.
Speaker 4: Let's get this thing rolling, is right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so with that said, he's going to come in here a little bit later.
Speaker 4: Let's be aware. Okay, will hem is ball line Rosenthal. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. We're gonna have some key figures in the NFL, all right, free agencies coming up, a new season's coming up, crazy offseason. Uh, and kind of a press conference here, and hopefully we'll get some real answers.
Speaker 4: Got it? Yes? Is that? Are we good? Great? I think that makes sense. All right, let's do. Let's start.
Speaker 3: Let's welcome in someone that everyone knows well, Baker Mayfield. So Baker Mayfield obviously has a big has a big week.
Speaker 4: Coming up for him.
Speaker 3: So if you want to open up the floor, two questions, go for it.
Speaker 4: Uh Yeah, sorry, how about this Baker?
Speaker 7: You you said you know, through maybe your intermediates, there was some reporting that you you wanted to have a chance to win a championship. Would you be willing to, you know, maybe take less money to stay in Tampa after they helped resurrect your career here.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been incredible run in Tampa. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, they welcomed me in last year and gave me an opportunity to start, and so that means a lot to me.
Speaker 4: And I love it there. My family loves it there.
Speaker 3: So hometown discounts I think they call him. I don't know about that, but I just I'm very excited to be part of the.
Speaker 4: Free agency process. But also I love Tampa.
Speaker 2: Thanks Baker inside this fire, He's a miracle truth serum.
Speaker 4: They say it does not.
Speaker 2: Exist, but I assure you my lab has proven them a wrong.
Speaker 4: I've got to stop smoking.
Speaker 5: Mmm that could be a fact.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, listen, man, I'm terrified. M Baker Me, I'm terrified. I know I stumbled into the perfect place to spend the rest of my NFL year as a place where I could be myself, place where I could be a slightly less productive, but more likable version of Derek Carr. The people of Tampa they're okay with me being me, So just let me chill here for another five or six years. I'll throw for like thirty five hundred yards and twenty six touchdowns, will go eight to nine or nine and eight every year, ups and downs.
Speaker 4: But like it the NFC South, and this is my speed.
Speaker 3: And even the idea of going to Atlanta, which obviously is also in the NFC South, where there are actual real expectations to improve after some failure there at the quarterback position, I'm not into that. I'm just not into the pressure anymore. I was the number one overall pick, you might remember, of the Cleveland Browns. I had some success there. Do you remember after I won a playoff game there? The next year, a lot of people were picking the Browns with me as the quarterback to go to the Super Bowl. Do you have any idea the amount of pressure to be in that spot. I've been there, I've done that.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 5: I'm done. And don't even get me started on.
Speaker 3: This report out there, this forcacta report about me going to the Patriots. I'd rather you throw a harpoon clear through my chest then go and freeze up in New England and get my ass kicked for four months. No man, NFC south the bucks. That's my speed. Let's get it done.
Speaker 5: That classic Baker confidence that we've come to know is in full force apparently within well.
Speaker 7: I have a question you at this press conference, Baker, like, do you see a future as a big time endorser moving forward? You say you want the less pressure, but it isn't a big contract going to be a lot of pressure no matter where it is. And do you want those progressive ads back? Because you're hell of an actor.
Speaker 3: Thank you for bringing up the progressive ads because that's what this is ultimately about. I need to be just good enough to hang around for about a half dozen year to re establish my brand fully with the progressive ads being my main goal. To get back into that game, same ad campaign, but this time and that dopey stadium with the pirate ship.
Speaker 4: That's what's it.
Speaker 5: Let's let's imagine a world bigger where that ship has sailed into the distance.
Speaker 1: You're about to become a dad. Congratulations all that.
Speaker 5: Are you doing the kind of parent thing where like you're kind of downshifting the focus on career and you're trying to do the safest possible thing, Like this doesn't feel like the Baker that I've known in the past where it's like you got the chip on the shoulder, you're shooting for the stars.
Speaker 1: Instead you're just Tampa works, Tampa No.
Speaker 4: And I understand. And Mark, good to see you.
Speaker 3: I know you have an affinity for me, even though I'm not seen as like a major financial man with major financial cloud.
Speaker 4: I'm incredibly rich.
Speaker 3: The kid is cool and uh and I got a wife and an O pair and all sorts of help. I'm all about football and making money right now. So that's that's the answer. I'm but it's just hanging around and I and I think that's that's enough for me. But thank you for having me on. I don't really want to be here, but it was part of.
Speaker 4: My media engagement.
Speaker 6: Just one more, one more quickly, Yes, where are you on the creamsicle jerseys and the actual canons that are fired from that ship?
Speaker 4: Where am I?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Just in your headspace right now?
Speaker 3: They're fine. Yeah, it's like the six out of ten in my mind, they're fine. Okay, all right, thank you Baker, all right, there he goes.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I feel it's so refreshment to hear much truth, to hear how people feel.
Speaker 7: I'm beginning to think. What's his name again? The doctor?
Speaker 3: Uh, doctor will Wilhelm von Tufflhammer.
Speaker 7: His the efficacy of his injection was incredible and immediate when he came, when he came in that room.
Speaker 5: After effects, we do the side effects, you know, we don't We won't know for a long time.
Speaker 4: All right, Colin, who's the next person coming in?
Speaker 8: Okay? Next person is drawed Mayo.
Speaker 3: Rod Mayo, Wow, new head coach of the New England Patriots. Yes, mister Mayo, is I guess we'll start here? You feel like you have big shoes to fill? Is there an intimidation level in terms of replacing a giant like Belichick?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: If I was someone who got intimidated, I wouldn't be here. My confidence has brought me to this spot in New England, and I feel really good about where we're at.
Speaker 8: The future ahead, the transition that we're going to go through as well.
Speaker 2: Ah, I see you ah afraid.
Speaker 4: Of me, my dear, that is not to be afraid?
Speaker 8: Are you sure? Are you okay? Am I going to get whatever.
Speaker 4: You have to be afraid of? Just a little peach?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. Let's this them, dude, it's bidding.
Speaker 3: As you were saying, mister Mayl.
Speaker 6: Man, listen, I don't know what was in that injection, but I'll tell you what.
Speaker 8: I've been having some night terrors.
Speaker 6: I've been having night terirs every night, and it's Belichick and I mean, I thought that we were all on the same page when I said that we're ready to burn some cash. Apparently that was just me that was ready to burn some cash. But I think the entire organization should be ready to burn some cash and free agency. We need to make a lot of moves around here, and if this is my first season with New England, it better be successful. We need some wide receivers, We probably need a tight end.
Speaker 5: We need so.
Speaker 6: Many things that I can't I don't even have enough time to talk about it right now. The legacy that has been left behind those shoes are so hard to fill. I'm not sure how it's gonna get done, but I'm just crossing my fingers at this point and hoping that it all goes well.
Speaker 5: Well. Do you feel like there's extra pressure on you to even be anything close to Bill Belichick or are you kind of writing and willing to be your own guy. You've talked about a culture change. It sounds like your head's you know, a miss right now.
Speaker 8: You know, I would be lying if I didn't say that.
Speaker 6: I felt very stressed out and a lot of anxiety, and every conversation seems like the world is maybe like crumbling down. But I do see a lot of hope ahead too, and I'm really positive about where this team is heading. And Elliott Wolf, I'm hoping that he wants to burn some cash because that's really the main priority here.
Speaker 8: We have eighty eight million dollars in cap Spain.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm I'm real stressed out about what the future holds in the AFC East and in Foxborough in general.
Speaker 4: Guys, you're kind of set up to fail.
Speaker 6: It almost sounds like I hope not I hope that I wasn't brought in here to fail, Dan Hansis, because that would be real bad about.
Speaker 4: It, real bad.
Speaker 7: You really gave you know, you know, a recovering Patriots fan like me some contentvidence with the way you carried yourself in your opening press conferences. And this change has me worried. Even the phrase burning cash has me worried. Any concern about for instance, a couple of years ago, the Patriots went into free agency, they spent a lot of money, everyone was all excited and then they got like three solid years of Hunter Henry and not much else. Like can you really fix a team in free agency?
Speaker 6: You know, Greg, That's something that we're gonna find out very soon, and we sure hope. So it seems like at times that it can't get any worse, that it can only go up from here after what's happened with Mac and how Bill sort of left the state of things here in New England. But we're gonna have to just hope and pray and if you have a blessed mother, put her in the window.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you very much, mister Mayo.
Speaker 8: No problem. What was in this?
Speaker 4: Give me a drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get them hydrated immediately that was concidered.
Speaker 4: Let's get them off their feet and hydrated.
Speaker 8: I could feel his stress.
Speaker 4: The anxiety was pouring off Girard as well.
Speaker 8: Totally, totally all from Gerard.
Speaker 7: Up next, Greg is who uh, Brian Dables is going to be?
Speaker 3: Yes the Giants entering his third year as head coach. First year, Well, let me ask you, Brian, first year could not have gone better? I mean not only did the Giants make the playoffs. That was a surprise, you wan, I was the man. Yeah, you want to host in New York. You were supposed to be, you were supposed to win, You're supposed to have a good second season as well. It didn't go out. It didn't go that way. So where where's your headspace at? Do you believe in this team getting back on the winning track in twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, we always looked at this as a three year building plan. That's what you do when you come in. Me and Joe Shane from from Buffalo, we've been slowly adding pieces in point towards year three is when it's really art.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, my next patient, hold out your arm please? Is this front hurt very much? Wait?
Speaker 1: Is this stracula?
Speaker 7: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: You may feel a bit strange forever.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure this.
Speaker 4: Guy but trusted. Yeah, he's no fighting the effects. As you were saying, Brian, get handkerchief. Oh god.
Speaker 7: And I haven't felt like this since the NFL Honors a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Remember that was great.
Speaker 7: I was a good old days, top of the world. Now I'm just uh, collecting a paycheck. What what are we doing here.
Speaker 8: Brian, Do you have any regrets about signing Daniel Jones last season over Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 7: I mean regrets. I never wanted to do it in the first place. This was all from upstairs.
Speaker 4: We got our headline.
Speaker 7: Good job coming, oh the Tiffany franchise of New York, the New York Giants. We treat our quarterbacks well as long as they vaguely resemble Eli Manning. Why did we give him this contract? We're locked into it. It's forty million dollars. I got Joe Shane here, I thought he was. He said, we're gonna be like Buffalo. You know what Buffalo did their first few years. They signed a bunch of great free agents and made a bunch of great draft picks. Who we got, We got Darren Waller. Are you playing for me this year? Who's on our defense? It took me half the season just to get over Wink Martindale trying to bury me to reporters, I'm a I'm a mess right now.
Speaker 4: Give me some players. Who's our defensive court here?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 4: Does anyone know who are defensive coordinator? Is Shane Bowen?
Speaker 1: Does he have a wiki page?
Speaker 5: While we have you in the state. I have to ask you, would you consider yourself the bigger small spoon?
Speaker 4: Ah? Very good? Have you seen me? Of course I'm the big spoon.
Speaker 1: I'm able.
Speaker 3: Come on, I mean you would have thought you're What do you think we got Keevon Thibodeau. I mean he seems like a very outspoken player and productive, no doubt.
Speaker 4: But you know, what do you think about him?
Speaker 7: Ultimately got good guy. He was a good pick, nice pass rusher. We need more people like him. I also like his entire just media strategy. He seems to have like a great feel of like who do.
Speaker 1: I talk to?
Speaker 7: Who do I you know, kind of make my media friend? And who do I consider an enemy?
Speaker 4: Like that guy? Anything else you'd like to add, Brian, I.
Speaker 1: Just need players.
Speaker 7: Tuon was like one of our only great players, right, Okay, Okay, we got Andrew Thomas, we got Saquon.
Speaker 4: And so we've got two players.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: Oh, so let's not keep one of those two. Oh we got Dexter Lawrence. Okay, but that was a Dave Gettleman pick. Give me some picks, Give me some players. Joe Shane, I want to see it because I'm just out there coaching my ass off, turning Darius Slayton into a wide receiver one and one Del Robinson.
Speaker 4: I need some more players, Butcher record this year. You gotta go.
Speaker 1: Not feeling good right now.
Speaker 7: If we can nail the next few weeks, maybe we can scratch out eight or nine wins. But we got to nail the next couple of weeks. If Joe helps me, I'm doing a great job coaching Brian.
Speaker 3: We want to apologize in advance, both for the potential devastating after effects of that injection and also what the New York media is about to do to you.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is public.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 8: There he goes, sounds like he needs vacation.
Speaker 4: Vacation, all right, Mark, who else is joining us? All right?
Speaker 5: I am a part of the Fox number one broadcasting team. Greg Olsen?
Speaker 4: Oh very all right? I mean this is a and he's doing.
Speaker 3: Greg, You've really proven yourself to be one of the very best in the game.
Speaker 4: Or excuse me, yeah, Greg, you looked at him.
Speaker 5: I know, well is Greg?
Speaker 4: He threw me off.
Speaker 3: Greg Olsen, you have proven yourself to be at the top of your game. Of course, how does it feel this Tom Brady situation? Hanging over everything as we enter a new year.
Speaker 5: You know, you know I've been doing this for a certain amount of time. I've grown to love the job. I would say that number one, I've always been a team player where it was on the field at Fox like I have a philosophical approach to just go out there and call the best, the very best game that you possibly He's.
Speaker 3: Just van.
Speaker 2: It is still still true locked inside your brain, be campbulling out.
Speaker 3: I go on Tom Brady lotenge. You need more than a lotenge, my friend? Can people not see the parallel that I. I came in as an unknown uh into the broadcasting booth, and I have been a crystal clear technical lighthouse from the word go and you got Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you start? Did you say a crystal clear absolute light?
Speaker 5: Can I speak about football? Got some I teach people about football in a way that you know what you Just because you played quarterback doesn't mean it works. Tom Brady spent his whole career telling us and whining about where he was drafted and who he became agree greatest quarterback of all time? But I just would like to reform you that go back to someone like Johnny unitis that had that his time, and the greatest quarterback career came in and failed in the booth famously. How about Bill Walsh, you ever one thought was the smartest coach of all time? Super Ultra bor Fest newsfest on air. You tell me one time that Tom Brady is ever truly made you laugh because of a genuine attachment to wit. And we're just gonna come in here and throw me down to the Joe Davis, Darryl Johnston spot number two. You're gonna apparently with someone else, and Tom Brady is gonna just get handed this massive multimillion dollar deal And people everywhere are going to be saying, what happened to the great Burkhart Olsen pairing that would have been here and should have been here for twenty five years. This will go down as the biggest mistake in network television history.
Speaker 6: Wow, Craig Olson, Uh, when you think about Tom Brady, and obviously you've really just outlined how you feel about him, But how quickly do you think he will be able to catch on to this craft?
Speaker 8: Having gone through this yourself?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. Did I take to need an entire year to sit in my den crafting concept, how I might announce No, I just went and did it right away, So how long will it take him to catch on? So far the track record is not promising.
Speaker 7: You literally were still in the NFL the first time that you did it. Of course, as you know, I think it was like a bye week for.
Speaker 1: I've always been.
Speaker 7: Impressed with you, Greg Fellow, Greg not Greg Olsen. You are Greg Olson. We saw you in Las Vegas. You just look like a man who's a good time one at life and is always winning. How does it sit with you to lose this power struggle? And will you respond by trying to get a number one job maybe at.
Speaker 4: Another network like Amazon?
Speaker 5: I Greg, I appreciate the question, Greg, Greg Rosenthal, anything is on the table. I do recall seeing the couple of you in Vegas, and I think that you noticed that I was beautiful and powerful in that casino, that I stood out as a human bee. I will not I will not stop being that, whether it's at Fox or elsewhere. Parts unknown, white cis male hetero. I was taken aback by You're almost a statue of a man just standing in that casino, and it was an honor to run into you. And say hello to you. And the Mark Sessler character who's not here also like stood out as someone that really understands broadcasting, like the two of you, and I think you can see that. My argument is, uh, Christine, it is powerful. It is based in reality.
Speaker 8: A technical lighthouse, technical lighthouse.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well, good luck to you.
Speaker 5: I don't need luck.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love that guy, I absolutely love that all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see how the body and mind reacts.
Speaker 6: How long does it stay with you?
Speaker 7: This could be a whole new like seven to four crew wraps coming in Greg Olson.
Speaker 3: After this, Greg stated efficacy off the charts, obviously, But.
Speaker 5: We were I thought we were assured that we'll be safe forever.
Speaker 3: There's no questions, no sorry, you could leave Greg and and good luck you and just realize this was for science ultimately, and we'll see how plays out. All right, let's take a break and we'll be right back. All right, welcome back. A little bit of news that just came across here. The bills are working to get under the cap. This from rap sheet and they make the move to release. Oh, I thought we were done with the good doctor.
Speaker 8: He's still here.
Speaker 3: He thought he'd be at the hospital by now he's interrupting the breaking news.
Speaker 8: How much serum does he have?
Speaker 2: I understand you ought to be a very special case.
Speaker 4: Zess Dog.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, mister sysed dog, you are so mysterious until my true serum is injected in your veins.
Speaker 4: That is the good doctor.
Speaker 8: Every time.
Speaker 3: He's gotta stop laughing.
Speaker 4: Ah, come on, man, it's cough ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Wow we got we got the serum and Sessler. Wow, what an opportunity this is? Is not feel workplace fair?
Speaker 4: Does anybody want to do you have a question?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would love you to start.
Speaker 7: Mark has turned to Ash and Mark, Yeah, I guess I'll just start with a little bit of a softball. How are you feeling right now after the serum? What are you afraid of?
Speaker 1: What are you free?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't know what's just been injected into my body, but I am starting to feel concerned about just the one mental processing over you.
Speaker 4: I got one. Do you want to be here right now.
Speaker 5: For another ten minutes? Tops?
Speaker 1: Like, in what sense here on the earth? Longer on the earth?
Speaker 3: Do you have any plans to leave the country in the next six weeks?
Speaker 5: Well, when I make plans like they just come out of thin air. So it's a total possibility. Not currently on the map. There's a work trip to Mexico with a bunch of people that we were not invited to because we're too well, that's true, not even approach.
Speaker 8: Okay, well then you can you can plan your own one.
Speaker 6: Where would you go if you could go anywhere right this minute after the show. Work doesn't even matter, it doesn't even exist anymore. Money doesn't matter, it doesn't exist. Where would you go in Mexico or worldwide anywhere? But you have to decide in the next couple seconds, and you have to stay.
Speaker 1: There, go to Belgium.
Speaker 8: You have to go to Belgium and never return nice and never return like this.
Speaker 4: Is an opportunity for you right here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, times jointing out the serum only has a half life of minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, your Brown's fandom, are you just gonna.
Speaker 1: Keep they?
Speaker 4: I wish you would. Let's let's be real.
Speaker 5: I need certain things to change, but I felt it during the Flacco run. I really did. And the change I needed happened during the Flacco run, and it's I can return to anything. You're I'm about forgiving them, about rethinking certain things, but certain things they've done made it tough for me to sign up on it. When you have to talk about it all the time on a show.
Speaker 4: You're back, No, notarily No.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm like outside the door, kind of looking through a door with a little.
Speaker 3: You were back though, like ye drafting them week after week before Fla is meeting.
Speaker 4: It's toughest match.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Blaco, if Flacco, if there's there is an interest between flat doctor.
Speaker 1: Bill help, you have met your match.
Speaker 7: Okay, before that serum runs out, let's go like me, Greg ROSENTHALP, Yeah, pros.
Speaker 1: Cons, give me some give me.
Speaker 5: You have been a genuine friend to me.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 5: You're someone that I've looked up to from a career angle, and you're I think when we go out on the town sometimes we go to like our places where we used to go with Wes, like we have a great time.
Speaker 7: For some reason, I'm more interested in the cons. Frankly, only the cons. That's just says something about me.
Speaker 3: The doctor has met as mat truly all right, I think it wore off now I'm sorry doing that again that.
Speaker 5: I would say from what I recall of it, Uh, you know, they weren't all softballs, but you could have gone you could have asked tougher questions that would have put me in a road.
Speaker 3: It already felt kind of like a frankly a dick move to pump this potential poison into you.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I didn't want to like double down. No, I think you were all very gentle to me.
Speaker 7: Actually, the look on your face and everyone should check out our YouTube. I don't know if I guess they can't really like zoom in on their phone, but the look on your face when in the real estate figured Aaron was coming it was gonna haunt me, you could, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't know was.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 3: I mean a good doctor that we've created such a real feel world that it did sense for just a flash that you thought it was actually happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I yes, I did.
Speaker 6: I also terrified that Dan called for a doctor for the Doctor at one point during the show too, the.
Speaker 4: Little Doctor on Doctor.
Speaker 3: It's like when Dave Damashek is fascinated by tow trucks being towed by tow trucks.
Speaker 4: What it's a thing, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, back to the breaking news, and we needed to get this one in the show because you know, Eric Roberts demanded it, but it's important. The Bills are working to get under the cap, so they say goodbye to safety Jordan Poyer. His cap number was seven and a half million. This is from rap sheet. So Poyer is he's a piece of that defense and a pretty big one Gregy and now they let's see if maybe he rejoins a team on a different deal.
Speaker 7: But he's headed to free agency. Where's he on the one on one good question. He's an older safety that's not helping him. There's a lot of safeties out there. I think though this is more significant, you know, and Bill's fans will get this, But for the average fan, like to me, this Bill's run starts with Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde, which is interesting. And I we were just listening to the press conference of Dable of what a great job the Bills did when McDermott got there, and part of it was they got these culture setters, like right off the bat in this tandem. And they did a press conference after the last playoff game for the Bills, and I thought that might have been a sign that like they were on their way out. Micah Hyde is reportedly considering retiring he is on the one O one, But to me, it might be a little bit of an end of an era for the Bills, and they're sneaking in a lot of cap cap struggles, so there might be more big moves to.
Speaker 3: Open an opportunity for Damar hammil In. There is he contract? I mean he obviously he's.
Speaker 9: Pissed off Bills fans because he went on he put out a quote saying that it would be the highlight of his life to retire with the Steelers.
Speaker 1: He's a pit guy, you guys.
Speaker 4: So he's under contract currently? Is he said to be a free agent or are.
Speaker 5: We allowed We're now to be allowed to be upset with him at this?
Speaker 9: Oh dude, Well, Bills fans are pissed. They're like, all good, good Rid and see you later. Because he said, like, yeah, it would be like a free agent to be I'm not entirely sure.
Speaker 4: That's a very strange thing to say.
Speaker 1: I don't think contract.
Speaker 4: In his probably best case scenario, he'd be like a third season.
Speaker 1: But he's a pit guy. He went to pay. He's from Pittsburgh, so that makes sense.
Speaker 3: But yeah, did doctor will Helm Vah tough old Hammer get to we don't need to.
Speaker 4: Let's just let's leave.
Speaker 3: I won't see, Like, we don't need to be testing DeMar Hamlin's body for this.
Speaker 5: It's fine for this team that like still considers themselves like a super Bowl contender. They're forty two like before this move, they're forty two million in the red. No team as a bigger cap hell situation. I think they have tougher decisions ahead.
Speaker 7: That Von Miller deal really hurt them, And I don't think they're gonna get rid of von Miller necessarily because he has so much guaranteed money. You might as well just see what he looks like in August. If you're not saving any money by getting rid of him.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they're going to do with the safety position. Like those two have been there for seven years.
Speaker 1: It's a DeMar Hamlin is not under contract.
Speaker 4: There you go circling back to.
Speaker 7: Oh, after this year, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, So this year one more year tuffle Hammer got him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the I guess the Broncos, knowing the devastation of the cap hit, could have done the same thing with Russ right, because like in the way that von Miller, if they had the power. They would say bye, but they're like, we're gonna get killed these because he doesn't like Russell.
Speaker 7: Well, no, because they would have owed him even more guaranteed money in a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks. So that's why.
Speaker 7: So they can not the case with von that contract which I had one hundred and forty or one hundred and twenty million.
Speaker 4: Guaranteed for us.
Speaker 7: No, Vonn's getting that money either way, and it doesn't really help them cap space excess. So they might as they still might cut him, I think, just because it's not working.
Speaker 1: But the off the field stuff has.
Speaker 3: Also tarnished him more. So there's just some layers to the Vaughan thing. All right, big year coming up for those Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 4: Diggs is kind of a question Marion lot going on? Yo? What ark big year coming up?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, about a truth serum to a father to be because there is I found, for all the incredible amount of excitement and anticipation when you're becoming a parent, there is that other stuff like, oh my life is never going to be the same. I'm gonna miss hanging out with my boys and you know, being free. You steer clear of the good doctor. Yeah, we don't need your wife doesn't want to hear that. Eric seems relatively sunny about the whole.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm older, I'm actually I dude, I can't wait to have the Sorry the babies at home, excuse to like not have to go out with people?
Speaker 4: A perfect man.
Speaker 1: Wait, you know ladies and gentlemen, the perfect man.
Speaker 3: Out of applause, All right, funk. Have you done any behind the glass? Have you done any child search on? Have you done any research yet on the I am afraid of no bears modification to your unfortunate tattoo as you everything?
Speaker 5: Okay, some liquid guys, my bad, Now we're good. I have not actually, but I figured, okay, it won't be too hard.
Speaker 4: It's a circle on the line. How about what do we think is? Are we going to cover this? We'll cover this well. Greg City had a lead.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do you want to hook him up with that tattoo artist area tattoo artists?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't sound too expensive. I don't think it would be too We'll cover it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna cover it. Colleen's gonna che.
Speaker 8: You're gonna do it on the show.
Speaker 4: Can we get the artist in here?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm not looking at I think the answer is definitely no.
Speaker 1: You can't get We're.
Speaker 6: Gonna have people call in, We're gonna be giving away tattoos.
Speaker 4: You can't be doing tattoos here.
Speaker 1: That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Anthony from Rego Park. I don't think you should touch a tattoo. It's part of his legacy as a man.
Speaker 7: There's health regulation and listen and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll have a person a journey.
Speaker 1: Emilyler. Check her out.
Speaker 4: She's great, nice plug. All right? Anything else?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 8: Who did yours?
Speaker 1: It's done a few?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look that one up, Emily Effler.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like all right. We are back on Thursday. Colleen, you've said it all.
Speaker 6: I truly have today. I think so today compared to any other show.
Speaker 4: Is there a reason why?
Speaker 3: And I don't like to do the Greg thing and look at other people's laptops. But you have what looks to be an aerial overhead, almost like a YouTube spy plane. Look at an airport or an air force base. What are you doing? Get the serum back in here? What is happening?
Speaker 8: This is just a screen saver, Oh my god. And it's actually in Belgium.
Speaker 3: They're all listening to us now.
Speaker 6: It's a Belgian airport. Is my screen saver right now? For some reason, I like planes.
Speaker 4: You guys know that I don't have to get see IA on this one. FBI. All right, we'll be back Thursday.
Speaker 3: Like you said, we're gonna really last look at the free agency landscape before next week with Mina Kaimes. Until then, thank you, Vilhelm and you know what you need to do, see you doctor Heed the call.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that's a successful seer them hot.
Speaker 2: Experiment M And now a little taste fuzzy dottum.
Speaker 4: Just shut this into my non veins.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's tell the truth man.
Speaker 4: The truth is Dan Hands. This is the sexiest podcast host in the world. I need to work on my will