Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Broke and Jeffrey Podcast. And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 1: Wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they Actually? If you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower. I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 3: It is time for us to honor our hero of the week. Yeah, we're going across the pond for this one to jolly old England town.
Speaker 4: Hellovna.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I feel like I'm there. And today's hero is thirty three year old Christina Ilko.
Speaker 1: Oh what did Christina do?
Speaker 3: She's a British scholar who loves medieval history, which is why Christina wanted to live her life just like people from the Middle Ages. So she rented a room inside an old castle out in the British countryside.
Speaker 5: All right, so far it sounds okay. If you get to the point where she throws her sewage.
Speaker 1: Out the window like a medieval times, I'm going to have an issue.
Speaker 3: Well, this place is old, you know, it's been around for centuries. Yeah, needs a little maintenance and upkeep. So a plumber was there working on her shower. We did get there, Okay, He forgot to mention he'd accidentally broken the lock on her bathroom door. No, so when Christina went to use the loo, as they say, she became trapped inside.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought she couldn't lock it.
Speaker 3: No, she extra locked, extra locked, can't open it?
Speaker 1: Picture? Is this the story of Rapunzel?
Speaker 3: Young woman accidentally locks herself in a sixteenth century castle bathroom, no windows, She doesn't have her cell phone on her, the walls are too thick for anybody to hear.
Speaker 1: Her screams that going, girlfriends, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Brook, what do you do in that situation? Well, in a bottle?
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe you could break the door down with the lid to the toilet.
Speaker 3: She tried to break the door down by force, which only left her with bruises all over her shoulder and arms. So she started to wonder how long you can survive on just water inside the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Definitely drink the stuff from the tanke, you.
Speaker 3: Know, on the top or the sink.
Speaker 1: You know there's a sink in there and showers.
Speaker 3: But no, Brook goes right for the toilet.
Speaker 1: Her and a toilet.
Speaker 4: You gotta get to the upper deck first. Sorry, let's preak the toilet water.
Speaker 3: After sitting there for seven hours, Christina thought, I've tried brute force. Maybe I should try to magui for my way out Instead. You got a bobby pin, So she took out her eyeliner pen, hooked it through the sixteenth century keyhole, took a cotton swab, curled it to make it into a hook attached to the end of the pen, and use the two beauty items together to reach through the keyhole and down to the door latch to open it up from the outside. Christina said she never thought it would actually work, but felt exhilarated once she was finally free. So, scholar Christina is our hero of the week.
Speaker 1: Is she looking for a new apartment in more modern building?
Speaker 3: We'll just changed the law.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on and get into our shot collar question of the day, where digital Jake will mcgiv are a paper clip and a lithium cell phone battery into trivia questions.
Speaker 6: Take it away, Jake, Maybe not mcguiver, but mcguy her, Because when I look around this room, I see two strong, resilient women.
Speaker 4: Yes, damn give it up.
Speaker 3: Run for the women almost asleep over there.
Speaker 6: Women who won't let quote unquote traffic laws determine how fast or in which lanes they drive. Women who refuse to remember the names of sales team members who worked for them for the last.
Speaker 4: Fifteen years.
Speaker 7: You name.
Speaker 6: It's strong women like this that make us proud to celebrate March as Women's History Month.
Speaker 3: Standing up for the female gender.
Speaker 1: You did that right.
Speaker 6: Today, we're gonna celebrate the finer sex and all their incredible achievements and contributions to the world with a special Women's History edition of plenty of twenty. How it works, you give me number one through twenty. I'll give you the corresponding women's question for it. All you have to do is answer correctly to stay in the game. So let's start with the woman who refuses to let a recipe written on a box tell her how to make macaroni.
Speaker 3: And chess empty patriarchy. Let's start with Alexis.
Speaker 4: Give me number one.
Speaker 6: Through twenty, Alexis. Let's go five, number five, Alexis. Which famous music artist is known as the Queen of Soul?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't think of it right now. Oh, I got it. I would assume I wouldn't say.
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer, but I'll just go the other queen, Queen Bay.
Speaker 6: But Alexis said Beyonce. That queen is incorrect.
Speaker 1: Some R E S P E C t.
Speaker 6: Alexis and her U Socks might have been the Queen of Soul s O L E. But the real Queen of Soul is Aretha Frankly. Yes, sorry, as you are off of the woman team going over.
Speaker 3: Now let's go to Brook.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brook, give me a number one through twenty.
Speaker 1: Please, let's go my number seventeen, Brook.
Speaker 6: One of the most popular board games of all time was created by a woman. Was it Scrabble, Monopoly or.
Speaker 1: Interest?
Speaker 3: Did you break this down, Brook?
Speaker 5: I don't think it was Monopoly, only because I don't think a woman would create a game that would tear families apart, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm torn between Scrabble.
Speaker 5: And Clue fifty to fifty chance, I'm gonna say scrabble.
Speaker 6: Yes, I like it, Brook said, Scrabble.
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 6: It was Monopoly created back in nineteen oh three by Lizzie Maggie shouldn't make any money off of it? And then a man remade the board and sold it to Parker Brothers from millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: No, you know what would have been a different story if it was Parker Sisters, It would have been a different story.
Speaker 3: Every time you pass go, you give a hug.
Speaker 6: So the two ladies are out the Woman's History Month.
Speaker 4: Ever, let's go to all right in solidarity. I'm gonna get this wrong for.
Speaker 3: The women Jose.
Speaker 6: In nineteen ninety two, a film came out called A League of Their Own about the All American Girls Pro baseball league set in the nineteen forties. It has a star studded cast with Geena Davis and Rosie O'Donnell in it, along with what mega popstar pop star?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so easy.
Speaker 3: So what pop star can you see playing baseball?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's so basy.
Speaker 9: So she's a pop star in real life? Oh my, but she's playing an actress in the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, give up hints.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to help him understand the question. You never know what I remember.
Speaker 4: It was good old Bette Middler, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Bette.
Speaker 6: Middler, it's incorrect.
Speaker 3: It was Madonna.
Speaker 5: She played opposite Rosie o'donnald her and Rosie were like best friends in it.
Speaker 4: Oh darn it.
Speaker 6: For the first time in the history of plenty of twenty, nobody got anything right. So simply by process of elimination, Jeffery, you've won this sw I'm.
Speaker 3: The champion of women's history.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: It is such a sad state affairs. This is why we don't do any other history month because we're.
Speaker 3: So Now I get to choose who gets shocked. It's gotta go to one of the women, because they're the only ones who could do this the right way. That's why Brooke is gonna honor women everywhere by taking the shock while saying, man, I feel like a one.
Speaker 1: I'll do it because I love this song. Man, I feel like a woman.
Speaker 3: That was for women everywhere. It's your shock down question.
Speaker 7: Of the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's weird to think, but we've all got secrets. Everybody. You, your friends, your dog, dog, even your sweet little old grandma. She's got her own skeletons in that closet. It's not Grandpa is hopefully you'd never think you never think your granny would be anything that juicy or salacious. Till one of our listeners came on and told us the shocking truth that she just found out about her grandma's pass whoa and the hilarious reason her grandma's never allowed behind the wheel of a car ever again. You're gonna hear it in a brand new mass speaker coming up. You hear me confession I can't take back el Arms Mouse speaker Sexan seventy five niney two says, my ex's credit card is still active on my Uber eats app. Oh and I thought hundreds of meals since we broke up. He's never noticed or said anything to me. I'm gonna keep on going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Or he just thinks that it's like double the fees for himself, do you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean?
Speaker 1: He's like, oh man, I'm paid so much money.
Speaker 9: It's actually sad because there's so many fees that could be like plausible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if he's buying you dinner all the time, like in a way, aren't you still kind of dating their way like extreme long distance dating?
Speaker 1: You and all the new men that you're dating on this show.
Speaker 3: We also do secret deliveries of your confessions out to the world with no fees by keeping you anonymous, right here on the Mass Speaker, and today's caller wants to use our services using the fake name Kate. So Kate, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I hope your order is extra spicy.
Speaker 3: We'll find out in just a second because the voice changer is on. You are the mass Speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 7: Awesome.
Speaker 10: So when I was growing up, my grandma notoriously didn't drive. Everyone was always picking up and taking her places.
Speaker 9: That's probably best for society.
Speaker 5: So, like we had a neighbor that literally she just never had her license, Like was it because of her age or because she never drove?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 11: I mean she was old.
Speaker 10: She was really old, super sharply.
Speaker 3: Or just like sharp physically, like yeah, very sharp nail.
Speaker 10: Exactly.
Speaker 3: But she seemed like she was actually in like good shape mentally and physically too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And he seemed like the kind of person who would drive, you know what I mean now pussive.
Speaker 5: Or something interesting, not like an alexis yeah I'll drive.
Speaker 1: We don't want you to, ye, okay.
Speaker 10: But yeah, So we never really talked about it, and I actually never even just I never really thought much of it because it was just the way.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of grandma's like that, yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 10: Well, one day when I was like thirteen, maybe I wanted to go to the store and no one in the house would take me, and I finally asked my grandma, and my cousin interrupted, saying, Grandma can't drive. But Grandma said, oh, you bet your sweets.
Speaker 2: I can drive.
Speaker 10: They just don't let me.
Speaker 3: Don't let me, grandma sounds Grandma, that's such a grandma thing to.
Speaker 1: Say, who wouldn't let her? The family?
Speaker 10: Well, I didn't understand what it meant, and I didn't ask. At the time, I didn't even ask. But years later, after my grandma had passed, I asked my mom and she explained that because I was like, was it my mom who was letter? Like, you know what is up? And she said no, that during Prohibition Grandma used to help bootleg illegal alcohol.
Speaker 11: For Moonshiner.
Speaker 10: Was yeah, she was like, drive it across state lines, and since she was a woman, no one really asked anything like it didn't arouse any suspicion.
Speaker 4: Eyes and flirt a little.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the mafia, the mafia was huge with that.
Speaker 4: It's not cool don't get involved in crime. But that's kind of good.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 3: Why are we all smiling talking about the mafia?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean it feels so bossed, doesn't it does?
Speaker 3: Did you ever suspect anything like that? Like looking at her, did it make sense?
Speaker 10: I mean she was sassy and quick and wouldn't take any you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So she had a couple of guys thrown into the lake and some.
Speaker 3: So if she was such a good driver for them, how come she couldn't.
Speaker 10: Drive well When the Moonshiners like finally got busted and she was like wrapped up in it, her driver's license got suspended indefinitely.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they can keep records for that long day. Yeah.
Speaker 10: But much later in life, she was told.
Speaker 2: That she could petition to get her license.
Speaker 10: Reinstated, but it had to come with an admission of guilt and a written apology.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, no apologize.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 10: Yeah, my grandma told him to go to hell.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ga, I bet she actually still drove and just the family never knew. She feels like a woman who doesn't care official license.
Speaker 3: I bet she's still alive right now, driving around the country secret one hundred.
Speaker 1: And forty years old.
Speaker 4: You're never going to get me comms.
Speaker 3: Wow, you must be uh, you must be kind of proud to have her as your grandma.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm super proud to have her as my grandma. She's amazing. Yeah, I would love it. Maybe she is like one hundred and forty and driving around somewhere.
Speaker 2: And I love her.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Let's all raise a glass of moonshine to Kate and her bootlegging grandma.
Speaker 1: Bye way, I've been storing this stuff at my desk for so long. None of you will drink it.
Speaker 3: Bust it out. We're doing it today one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah's some bathtub gin. Let's go good.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you Kate for that confession in texting seventy five nine two. If you have a confession that you've been holding onto or one that your illegal family member has been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you our next mass speaker. Your phone TAP's coming up right after.
Speaker 7: This brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Today's prank phone call was a little bit different than what we normally do because Brooke and I were supposed to battle it out as dueling customer service agents, both trying to help a woman with her shoe return issue. That's right, and before the call, we each secretly came up with ways to put the other one down in front of the woman to try and sabotage it, make it super uncomfortable. What Brooke didn't know, though, is our producer had a sound effect ready.
Speaker 1: I am still shocked.
Speaker 3: Had no idea the sound effect was gonna happen and completely catches her off guard phone a good point, loses it, and then I lose it because Brook loses that. You're gonna hear it problem, you lose it too in your brand new phone.
Speaker 7: Tap right now?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, my name is Betty Humpter, I'm calling from the close.
Speaker 1: Is this Louisa?
Speaker 3: This is she Hi, and my name is Willie Thacker. I'm also hi, Hi, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Actually that was my turn. I beat you to it there, So that wasn't cute though, So you didn't.
Speaker 3: Let her answer my question.
Speaker 1: I don't really care what your question was.
Speaker 11: Oh, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: What's on you?
Speaker 5: So we were both forwarded your complain email by our manager and we're both calling to assist you.
Speaker 3: It's right. I was going to say that, okay, but but I did.
Speaker 11: First, Why are there two people on the phone? I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, Louisa, really really well said. And the reason why it's both of us is because we're currently competing for the title of customer service Agent of the month, and so at the end of this call, you get to select who deserves the title plus a cash bonus, and who goes home with absolutely nothing.
Speaker 11: That sounds strange. I don't know why they would do that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Can I just take a moment with excuse me?
Speaker 3: Can you just shut your mouth for a second. Thank you, Betty, because I'm trying to explain we here. It's like to put the customer first, and that's why you get to choose who receives the bonus.
Speaker 1: Okay, Are you done now, mister Packer?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think I love the tone that you called me with my last name there, but I'm going to be the gentleman in this case and let you speak. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's not all about you. It's about Louisa.
Speaker 5: You know, we saw your email that you got the shoes and they were the wrong size.
Speaker 1: So that can be.
Speaker 5: A really messy situation, just like someone I know who goes to the bathroom and then doesn't wash their hands afterwards.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the husband that left you, Betty. I feel like that's inappropriate to turning into this call.
Speaker 11: What is going on here? Hold on, I just couldn't get my shoes.
Speaker 1: Go there, Louisa. This is about you, and I agree.
Speaker 5: Tell how much you value good Unlike my co worker who refuses to tip the Jimmy Johns driver when he brings him his lunch.
Speaker 11: I don't know how that's relevant to my issue here.
Speaker 3: I agree with you there, Luisa. I think that was totally uncalled for. And I don't think i've mentioned Luisa you have such a lovely voice.
Speaker 1: Oh actually I tried to mention that, but then you cut me off.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you remember that talking to Louisa for here, Louisa, betiful boy.
Speaker 11: Thank you. That's nice. Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 3: Are you Are you perhaps a voice model? Do you think you could do? I think you could do commercials honestly, Okay, I just.
Speaker 11: Want to get my shoes.
Speaker 3: Exchange will handle the shoes. But just that voice, it could be your hidden talent, Like one of my coworkers hidden talents is eating while they're on the toilet. What I don't want to say who that is, but someone you might actually know, so my information.
Speaker 11: And it seems like you guys have an issue with each other.
Speaker 3: No, no, can I just talk to.
Speaker 11: One of you at a time, like, just one of you?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm here for because I am going to personally handle your rich her.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Betty, did you have to Betty that that was that? Wow? Did you really have to have that bean salad right before you came on the call?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: Thank goodness, Well I was a little hungry since the delivery guy won't come to work anymore.
Speaker 7: Things.
Speaker 3: You need to rethink a lot of those life decisions that you're making, Luisa, Why were you? I would take that too into account by the end.
Speaker 11: Okay, you're wasting a lot of time.
Speaker 5: Listen, we're gonna get this cleared up right now. We're going to be done with it. I am going to personally make sure that I'm going to personally make sure that that box is in my hands because I know a certain someone who apparently is adding suggestive photos into return shoe boxes and I'm just going to say they're not that impressive.
Speaker 3: Strange that she's going through the customer shoe boxes, that's a little bit on, Richard said.
Speaker 1: The stranger is the pictures that you're including.
Speaker 11: Stop both of you. Stop doing this. It's like I'm dealing with children or something. I'm just trying to exchange my shoes.
Speaker 3: I apologize, Luisa, You're right.
Speaker 1: No, I apologize, and I think you're even more right.
Speaker 9: Oh, Betty, extremely unprofessional, that is, he called, keep telling yourself to stop stop laughing.
Speaker 11: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: You just have to tell her.
Speaker 5: You have to tell her, no, tell her come.
Speaker 3: We wanted to make this go longer, but we have to just reveal we're doing a prank on you. Louise. I'm sorry. We're radio show what it's.
Speaker 1: Brock and Jeffrey in the morning. We don't work for the shoe company.
Speaker 3: Clearly, your sister, your sister, Gianna set you up for a phone tap. She told us about the issues we're having returning your shoes.
Speaker 1: John did not tell me he was going to use that sound effect during the phone tap.
Speaker 11: Just so you know, that was awful.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, it was awful. And now you get to anymore, you get to decide who does the bonus.
Speaker 11: Go to at the end of the I'm gonna say it goes to me for putting up with all that crap.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't use that word please.
Speaker 7: Every Morning was fun Chaps weekday Mornings on the twenties, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: In a couple of minutes, we're gonna do a brand new closure call here, which, if you haven't heard, is a segment where we help a listener send four questions to a previous friend or lover or someone they had a falling out with to get some answers so that they can finally move forward with their life.
Speaker 1: It's a really amazing segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, at least that's the hope that we're gonna help them. But this may be the first time in the show's history the listener doesn't even want to hear all of the answers. After we read the first two. It was that shocking and surprising and embarrassing. All those emotions, plus a few more tossed in for the mix. You're gonna hear why when we do a brand new closure call right after this, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and sometimes in order to move forward in life. Yeah, first you have to look backwards.
Speaker 1: That's true, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a moonwalk in a way, I came back, but moving forward in a really cool Yeah. That's kind of the idea of this segment called Closure Calls, where if you haven't heard it before, we try to help a listener get some answers and hopefully peace of mind on an issue from their past that's been haunting them.
Speaker 1: Some of these get really deep too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And recently one of our listeners asked for our assistance getting some closure.
Speaker 5: Her name is Jody, Keep wanting me to do the Hey, Jody wants to go full Michael Jackson today.
Speaker 3: So Jody, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jody, we're all so interested in what brought you here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on in your life that made you reach out to us?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's so strange. So my husband and I used to live in this amazing neighborhood. Absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was everything and our next door neighbors, the Coopers, they were like our best friends, our families. We did everything together. We had birthdays, barbecues. You know, we watched you, so there's passively went on vacation.
Speaker 3: Everything broke. How jealous are you of those neighbors.
Speaker 5: No, I love my neighbors. I have the best neighbors, honestly, you.
Speaker 3: Name literally like have disputes with them all the time, trying to buy their property out from them.
Speaker 5: You're talking about the guy with the abandoned cars right next to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great too, Granola.
Speaker 4: She doesn't consider him a neighbor where she's like, oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: I love that guy too.
Speaker 1: He's got two kids that live about an hour. You want to know more about him.
Speaker 3: No, neighbors, Let's focus more on Jody and her neighbors, the Coopers. It's nice to have a family next door to you that you actually like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's where the twist comes, and it's unfortunate. We basically our house burnt down.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lost absolutely everything. It was horrible.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Wait was it the Coopers that did it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're asking them why.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, they were like they were really supportive. Actually, they helped us get through all of it. They helped us put our life back together, but yeah, we couldn't afford to like stay and rebuild the house, so we were forced to move, which we really did not want to because again, just love where we lived.
Speaker 5: Do you build all those relationships for so long, dude, and all the memories and you know that's hard, that must be really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awful. But we found a house like forty five minutes away from there, and you know, we had to do what we had to do. And we stayed in touch with them for a couple of months. Yeah, yeah, and then one day they just stopped responding, like they wouldn't answer any of my phone calls, they stopped inviting us.
Speaker 1: Wait did their house burn down to Yeah, no, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Sorry, who's setting all the fires?
Speaker 3: Sorry? What were you saying? They stopped answering you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stopped answering, like you know, I tried multiple times, no explanation at all, you know, just completely cut off communication and.
Speaker 5: Really for you and your husband, like they have zero contact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, zero, It's so strange.
Speaker 3: That is really weird. What was going through your mind when that started happening?
Speaker 2: I we did not know. We went over this so many times, and like I understand like we don't live next door to them anymore. But yeah, I mean, why why I completely cut us out, you know, like.
Speaker 1: And they're still living there in that same neighborhood and everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was curious. I was like, well, maybe they moved, you know, like, yes, maybe something happened to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think a year and a half after, I decided to drive back, you know, to see if they even still live there. And I didn't ring the doorbell or anything, but their car was in the driveway.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're still around in the same house at least, but for some reason, totally cut all communication with your family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's so strange. And it's been over four years. And the thing is is that I still think about it, like I just wish we could get some of that old friendship that you know, Yeah, it would be really great to reconnect our children again and all that, but it's just something that like lingers in my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well, and like even for me, like I grew up in the same house my whole life, and our neighbors growing up are like second family.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, you guys can.
Speaker 3: Marry each other to but is there any like drama between your families in that time, something fight or maybe an affair that you had with someone casually drop that one like that. No, absolutely, okay, at least not that you're gonna admit to.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you think your kid may have done something? Like you know, because sometimes like if kids fight or it can cause parents to fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the kid'll be like, well my mom said this, and it's like playing tell the.
Speaker 2: Phone they I mean, sure, that's the possibility. It's one of those things where like we have as a family all sat down multiple times at dinner and talked about this, like he does anyone have any idea? Why is it happening? And everyone's like.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, why do the Coopers hate you?
Speaker 9: I would say maybe they, And this is going to come out wrong, so I apologize. Maybe they think they're better than you, like we don't talk to them because they moved out.
Speaker 4: Of the neighborhood. But then I go, you know them for so long you would know if they were shallow white.
Speaker 5: See I was sitting in the opposite where maybe they're jealous. Maybe your new situation is that they may always wanted.
Speaker 4: Probably not about status. I mean they just moved.
Speaker 3: I know Brooke won't talk to us because of where we live. Sometimes we're not allowed over on her fancy island. But Joe, do you know how this works. You've already worked with our producer to come with the four questions, and we've told you. The coopers have responded, Oh my god, are you nervous about hearing from them? After how long has it been?
Speaker 2: Now it's been over four years.
Speaker 3: Wow, are you nervous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm curious more than anything.
Speaker 5: It seems like this could be something resolved. I mean, maybe if they explain, then the you two can come to some understanding and rebuild this friendship.
Speaker 4: I agree with Brooke.
Speaker 9: I do think if it was one of the kids, especially, it's like yeah, no, no, no, a misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just get rid of that kid and then everything's happen. So we're going to do it. We'll read the answers from your neighbors that ghosted your family five years ago when we do your closure call right after this just joining us. We're in the middle of a closure call, and it's an interesting one because I don't know if you've ever done anything quite like this before, with two sets of neighbors whose families were very close, and our listener, Jody, who's on the phone with us, is the mother of one family. Her house sadly burned down years ago, so they had.
Speaker 1: To move away, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes from where they originally lived. Shortly after they lost all contact with this other family who used to basically be their best friends.
Speaker 1: It's not like you've moved even to a different state. You're like forty five minutes. Wow, not that not that dramatic.
Speaker 9: So I don't know, i'd say when my parents only live forty five minutes away.
Speaker 4: I never saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's been very confusing for Jody because she doesn't know why they cut off all contact and want some closure, hence the term closure call. Yeah created wow for this joke, And Jody, I know you want to get to the answers. We're gonna get those in just a second.
Speaker 11: Brook.
Speaker 3: Do you have any final thoughts?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's just interesting.
Speaker 5: You know, you said these people were really there for you after your house fire, So I mean, I could see them turning their back on you if you needed help, but that that's not even the case here.
Speaker 1: You know, they they did that for you. It sounds like, right, Yeah, they were great. So strange.
Speaker 3: Well, if your new house burns down, you can always live in the basement of Brooks Current.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, my husband works down there, so just don't mind, Tim, We'll always.
Speaker 3: Have a backup. Yeah, all right, So let's get to the first question. Okay, we wrote it's been almost five years since we spoke to each other.
Speaker 1: That's so long.
Speaker 3: And I've tried to text you and send you letters and birthday invites, but you never responded. Our friendship was so important to me. It makes me so sad that we don't speak anymore. Do you even still live at the same house?
Speaker 1: Wait, don't we know that because you did the secret drive by.
Speaker 2: I mean that was three years ago though, so I mean she could have moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So the coopers responded and they said, Hi, Jody, nice to hear from you. Yes, we're still at the same address. Kids are getting bigger, hope you were well Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, okayh yeah, I don't know, feel good.
Speaker 5: It did feel like when you get the text, K that I felt the same.
Speaker 4: I'm just acknowledged, but I'm not really.
Speaker 3: How do you feel How do you feel about that answer.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's it doesn't really say much. I was saying I felt so sad that we weren't in touch anymore, and he gave me like a one sentence nothing response, you.
Speaker 3: Know, trying to blow you off.
Speaker 5: I like how you were saying you were so sad in the question and she's like glad you're well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, not much of a response on that first one, but a good thing we asked more questions.
Speaker 1: Because they did respond to the rest of the questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this isn't an auto reply. They're all different, just so you know.
Speaker 4: It so funny, just like she said, I am out of the office, right.
Speaker 5: Do we know who's actually writing us? Is it the other mother from the other family.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It doesn't say on it. Okay, all right, let's keep going to question two. Hopefully we'll get a little bit more clarification. We said, after being so close for so long, it's always been confusing to me why you stopped responding to us. I've spent nights trying to figure this out. I'm not sure if something happened or what changed. Is there a reason you cut us out?
Speaker 4: This is only the second question that's like the question in my head.
Speaker 2: I'm so interested to see how they're gonna respond.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a crux so of what we're trying to get to here, and you.
Speaker 5: And our producer wrote that question really well. I'm serious because he helps her with all of this. I think it's really well written.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way you left, guy, so.
Speaker 4: I thought you were making a joke.
Speaker 3: No, So let's get to the answer that they wrote back. For the reason that they cut you out, they wrote, well, it's pretty simple, Jody. Oh, we donated two thousand dollars to your family's go fundme with the expectation it would go towards building your life back, not building your chest size. Apparently one of the neighbors said, you got a breast enhancement after your house burned down. Plus your family took a trip to the Bahamas. So I think you could understand why we're not speaking dot dot dot.
Speaker 4: That looks so bad.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Oh, okay, look, this is what I can say about that. I was going through a lot at the time. Yeah, and doing that made me feel better about myself and it did help me build my life back. It gave me confidence.
Speaker 5: You use the gofund me money to do a breast and it's.
Speaker 1: New monthly payments. Maybe she didn't do it all at once.
Speaker 4: I mean we did.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to like get into this really like but.
Speaker 5: That's the whole it's the whole reason she's not talking to you.
Speaker 1: A trip to the Bahamas? Are we gonna ignore that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you got to show off your new boots so much. It's cold out.
Speaker 3: The coopers are accusing you of taking the money that they gave you to like rebuild your new life in your new house for personal things.
Speaker 5: Well not just them my bed, I mean, if it's a GoFundMe, probably other people's money too.
Speaker 2: We used a majority of the go fundme to get our new house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you use the insurance money to get a new house.
Speaker 11: That went into it?
Speaker 2: It was very expensive getting a new I mean we literally lost every single thing. Yeah, it's like we did deserve a trip to Like my kids were so devastated.
Speaker 3: If it makes you smile, it makes you happy, I guess it's worth building stuff.
Speaker 1: Ask after this because we had no idea.
Speaker 3: Running out of time, we need to move on to question three.
Speaker 2: You know what I honestly, don't think we need to. I think, like I'm thinking, Okay, I thought.
Speaker 4: The same Jeff. I was like, I don't know if we should be on the phone.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but this is how it works. We go through all four. So I'm just gonna go to the third question. Let's finish the segment. For everybody listening tuned in, it says question three. I'm not sure if you heard, but I left my nine to five job and I'm now working with a charity to help raise money to support teachers around the country. You've always been so generous. I'm hoping you'd consider contributing to.
Speaker 1: Question. Are you joking?
Speaker 3: Joy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that is my job now. And I didn't know that she was going to say what she just.
Speaker 1: Said, girl, Well you used fun raise.
Speaker 2: No, I was just trying to give them an update on my life and what I was doing, Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, working with charity is a really good noble cause. If it actually does go to the charity.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's sending teachers to the Bahamas.
Speaker 4: The surgery.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hear what the Coopers wrote back to that ask for money for your charity. They said, as stated before, I hope you're well, yeah, but no, we will not be contributing to your quote charity or any future endeavors. Now we see why the first I hope you're well felt bad, and now I understand what you didn't want us to.
Speaker 1: Read questions for it, they put charity in quotes.
Speaker 2: Are we done yet?
Speaker 3: We're almost done. We have to do the fourth and final question that you sent to them. We do have to, we wrote, it's been way too long and we miss you guys so much. We'd love to get together sometime and reconnect the families after we know what we know. We said, do you think you'd be up for it? And the Coopers wrote back, as stated multiple times before, I hope you are well.
Speaker 4: This yeah, being left on red Thank you, Joe.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you got some closure from that?
Speaker 2: I want to hang up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I wouldn't try to hit up the Coopers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just make some new friends. Probably maybe no more funda while.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm sure they'd like to see a Christmas card of you and like what all that money went towards, So maybe that would be.
Speaker 2: Kind of nice.
Speaker 3: That's not buy but okay, I think that's funny anyway, Hopefully that helped. That's your closure call and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: If you've ever been treated to a free ice cream party. If you've ever been treated to a free ice cream party, that's usually a good thing. You're on a cruise ship. Wait, no one worker shared the shocking reason that they throw them. Plus a foodie couple just invented the latest fast food hack that could save you ten dollars on a two person meal. Pretty good, but you sacrifice something I don't like. Oh, anyway, you'll hear what it is that's coming up in a brand new TikTok click shot. We'll do it right now. Do you hear the rumor McDonald's is launching a secret menu item, but you can't order it at the drive through window.
Speaker 4: No, I want to hear this.
Speaker 3: You need to walk around to the back door of the restaurant. It's knocked twice and whisper.
Speaker 12: I want a mouthful of TikTok click shot, and then.
Speaker 3: The slide something under the door you're supposed to eat. Yeah, sure, it's TikTok click shock. Well, we talk about the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click Shock, which is from a woman named Dara Star Tucker and she's a former cruise ship worker. Cool The recently had a clip that got over two point three million views where she talks about the real reason why sometimes in the middle of a cruise they'll throw an impromptu free ice cream party.
Speaker 1: Oh that is like.
Speaker 3: You'll hear an announcement, come on saying attention all passengers. At four PM, the crew will be hosting a free ice cream party, all you can eat.
Speaker 1: Then the whole cruise ship goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But here's what Dara says about it.
Speaker 12: Okay, if the crew suddenly makes a bunch of ice cream available to the passengers free ice cream party, it is often because more people have died on the ship than they have room for in the morgue.
Speaker 3: What I'm sorry, did you guys know about that?
Speaker 5: They get rid of the ice cream so they can put dead people in the freezer.
Speaker 7: The.
Speaker 3: Dead people. Exactly.
Speaker 1: No, Jeffrey, I can't believe it. I just don't want to believe it. That is sad.
Speaker 3: But Dara elaborates on why they have to do it that way.
Speaker 12: Maybe four to ten people die every cruise. There are a lot of older people on ships, and often people die on cruises. So four to ten people on a ship like ours that carried maybe twenty five hundred to three thousand passengers on a typical cruise. So the Morgue, I believe, they said held about seven people, and if more than seven people died on that particular ship, they would have to start moving bodies to the freezer, which meant they needed to make room in the freezer, so they would have to take out a lot of the ice cream.
Speaker 9: Now, yeah, but it was already common practice to have the ice cream with the dead boy.
Speaker 3: But now I'm skeptical of all those ice cream parties that they threw at my elementary school background. It was really going on for that.
Speaker 1: With apartment complexes, they always throw those.
Speaker 3: Sh what's really happening. So you know, if you're somebody who loves cruises and you hear that announcement, you know what's really going on, the go ahead.
Speaker 1: And eat it. Just tip a little bit out for your homie.
Speaker 3: That's a very shocking TikTok click shock. Let's get to your.
Speaker 8: Next TikTok click shot.
Speaker 3: And we've heard of companies offer a bunch of money for somebody to do some obscure, temporary job for that just so that they can go viral and have people talk about their business.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is amazing marketing when it happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some streaming service. We'll say bingjar movies for ninety four straight hours and we'll pay you four grand to document your experience. Also, idiots like us in the media, we'll talk about it and give them free press.
Speaker 1: That's what we called filler content.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, here comes some more. We're doing it again for a soda company I've never heard of before called Olliepop.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're super popular probiotic soda and they're really colorful, like pink and red or green.
Speaker 4: It's like impossible Meet Jeff.
Speaker 3: Here's audio from their spokesperson talking about their brand new position.
Speaker 8: Ollipop is in search of a content creation duo for a brand new job posting senior soda consultant. You want to pay two creative best friends ten thousand dollars to create content for our upcoming Ollipop national tour. Basically, you'd get paid to potentially travel around the country with your close friend and create content sip on some soda and bring great energy, hotels, flights and expenses paid by us, of course, help us spread the love for Ollipop to these local communities through really authentic, energetic, fun storytelling content.
Speaker 3: That amazing, real quick, I just want to isolate a piece of audio from that and just play that again one more time.
Speaker 8: Basically, you'd get paid to potentially travel around the country with your close friend.
Speaker 3: Basically you'll get paid to potentially travel possibly APA. You ain't gonna travel nowhere, but basically, maybe conceivably, hopefully.
Speaker 1: It's a possibilitle to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, basically maybe. But the thing is, Ollipop used to have less than one hundred thousand followers on their social media. After this stunt, though, it's shot up to over four hundred k.
Speaker 5: Dude, I've seen I've seen big, huge displays of them grocery stores lately because.
Speaker 1: It's very it's healthier version.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, you're selling me less and less. Okay, that was a TikTok click shot, and your final TikTok click shot is from a cost conscience couple. Cost cautious, cost conscious, you know.
Speaker 1: What, they should come up with a different label. Yeah, they're cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't want to spend a lot of money. They're at Nate and Sarah Heats and they've been posting clips about different ways to save money with inflation and everything that's been going on. You know, one of the clips just went viral, getting almost seven hundred thousand views. And if you've eaten at the fast food chain Five Guys, and you know that they have really tasty burgers, but they can be a little bit pricey. Yeah, yes, So Nate and Sarah claim that they've figured out a way to beat it.
Speaker 1: Got to get two burgers to the price of one at five Guys.
Speaker 6: Next time you're at five Guys, just order a double cheese burger with all the toppings and make sure to get an extra bun on the side. Then take one of the patties and whatever toppings you want and transfer to the other bun for a whole new burger.
Speaker 3: Plus, they have huge portions of fry, so when you buy a small it comes with plenty of split.
Speaker 1: Two meals for less than half the price of buying them separately.
Speaker 3: You'll make sure to go check it out and follow us for more meal deals. Buy a double cheese burger with an extra bun. Take it apart and make two single cheese burgers from it. You'll save ten bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I just gotta do that five times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why they got five dicey.
Speaker 3: Their top comment with over five thousand likes is that's a pretty genius hack, especially if your kid wants a plane burger with no top.
Speaker 1: I thought of a kid at those kid prices. We don't talk about them enough. For how much my kid actually eats of that stuff. There's so much money.
Speaker 3: Save a lot of money. I think there's something wrong though, with like taking a part of a hamburger.
Speaker 1: There's something more wrong.
Speaker 5: I was saying thirty dollars five guys, jeff but those are your TTOK shots.
Speaker 7: Story for the day, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start this game off with a little Hall and Oates.
Speaker 4: Oh because why not?
Speaker 3: You guys know the song private Eyes. They're watching you, very creepy song. You know, Brooke that every time that you play Natasha, she watches her records sync to all time lows because she is oh and nine against you.
Speaker 1: I thought she was going to be a fun moo.
Speaker 3: She told us not to talk about the past. Yeah, but that's not how Hall and Oates rolls.
Speaker 5: They and Jeffson, both of them, welcome back, Natasha. Thank you you're more of a Haul lady or an Oats lady.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I actually I couldn't tell those people apart.
Speaker 3: You know, let's get off of the Haul and Oats talk and let's just speak to Natasha like normal people.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're actually gonna go out into the hall right.
Speaker 3: Now, Natasha, how you doing today? As Brook leaves the room, I'm doing good. We're doing today. This is going to be the day that turns everything around for you. That's what I believe, Natasha.
Speaker 11: I think so too.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like assumes you're having a rough goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not not just in this game, in your whole life. Everything is going to improve from here on out.
Speaker 11: I will take it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you remember this, everybody, all of Natasha's friends and family look at this moment as the moment that changed Natasha's life. Are you ready, Natasha?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Good luck, not that you need it. Your time starts now. Actress Jenna Fisher celebrates a birthday today. She played Who on NBC's The Office what type of cracker calls itself the snack that smiles back? A goober is a tree of what coated in chocolate? What French word describes the person working at the front of a hotel once you're in custody. What is the name, specifically of the rights read to you by a police officer, Miranda? In what country did restaurants popularize the use of conveyor belts for food? Uh? Country? A pass exercise your pass option A lot on that, Natasha. I love that strategy. Well done and I see on my phone screen or here. Natasha works as a mail carrier. She says it's been really slow since the holiday season. Didn't even see much of an uptick during Valentine's Day? Did that bum you out in Natasha? Not having as much mail to deliver on Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Not at all? That just means I'm off earlier.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you do know tax season is almost here, so you're going to be really busy.
Speaker 5: Come from holloas to taxes, we are just covering it all the day, Jeffrey Hu.
Speaker 3: We're coming with the fire on today's show, Someone's.
Speaker 4: Like I came here to listen to Jack Harlowe.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put a Natasha on hold for a second, because it's brook turn. Are you ready? Good luck? Your time starts now. Actress Jenni Fisher celebrates a birthday today. She played who on NBC's The Office. Dam What type of cracker calls itself the snack that smiles back?
Speaker 1: Goldfish?
Speaker 3: A goober is a treat of what coated in chocolate peanuts. What French word describes the person working at the front of a hotel once you're in custody? What is the specific name of the rights that are read to you by a police officers? In what country did restaurants popularize the use of conveyor belts for food?
Speaker 1: Interesting? In what country? I'm going to go? Japan?
Speaker 3: All right, answers are in. Let's head on over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Speaker 9: Oh, the whole thing is even better, Natasha, you got one correct, Oh, but you passed.
Speaker 4: You knew what you knew, and then you kept it moving and Brook, Yes, just crushed it. God's saying.
Speaker 7: You go.
Speaker 3: Natasha is in the rare double Digits, Lost Club for We'll send you like some station swag or something.
Speaker 4: It's like something.
Speaker 1: I mean the record actually sad you trash backs.
Speaker 3: Let's go over the answers for everybody. Actress Jenni Fisher has a birthday today. She was Pam Beasley on the office, the receptionist or the office manager, playing on what season you tuned in? For the cracker that calls itself the snack that smiles back is goldfish because they all have little smiles on them. He is a nut coated in chocolate. We gave Brook peanut. The French word that describes a person who works at the front of a hotel is the concierge.
Speaker 4: I wanted to give extra for her accents.
Speaker 3: When you're putting the custody police read you your Miranda rights. In Japan is the country that popularized conveyor belts for food with their sushi Thank You So fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're going don't like sushi. I don't like sushi.
Speaker 3: That's good because we're not giving you any sushie today, Natasha. What we are giving you is a pair of Adam tickets to the new movie Arthur the King, based on the incredible true story. It follows a team and an incredible dog at the Adventure Racing World Championships in the Dominican Republic. It's in theaters Friday, March fifteenth, so you enjoy Awesome.
Speaker 11: I just want to say hello to my friend Samara. I told her I give her a shout out, and I got my call.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think she stopped listening after your score.
Speaker 3: Tamara doesn't want to be associated with you anymore. Natasha. We're gonna get you a win one of these days. Keep coming back one day. Yeah, we'll be back to the wind Brooks book, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.