Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We Find the Anti Slutshamings Podcast. I'm Christina Hutchings, I'm Karen Fisher, and I'm ya boy friends.
Speaker 2: We bring up to its flooding, your horning and your shame. Hey with what yes? Okay? Greetings buckers, where you been? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Did you drink enough water today? Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fucked. It's the Anti slut Jaman podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show. If you are in New York City on Thursday, March seventh, we are doing our last for a while, Guys We Fucked Live at the MasterCard Midnight Theater. You're gonna want to get a ticket to that, And if you're not in New York City, if you can't afford the live ticket, if you just don't feel like fucking putting pants on. We also live stream these shows. The video quality is great. I always watch the video version after its thumbs up. You can't participate, but other than that, you can see all the fun stuff that goes on these shows that you definitely don't want to miss. So if you can't be there in person, definitely pick up one of the live stream tickets available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these shows go off the rails.
Speaker 1: And what's our first live event with our new third mic, Eric Freddie So I have a surprise. We'll see if he's gonna do it, but either way, it's gonna be fun and wild. And also for you Luminary subscribers, if you are in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: I'm also in Washington, d C right now.
Speaker 1: You missed the show yesterday maybe or maybe you were there because you're amazing, but if not, tonight I'm at the DC Comedy Loft for two shows with Coyla Branch and also tomorrow Saturday night, I'm there for two shows with Coila Branch. Make sure to get a ticket DC. You always come out in droves. It's gonna be a really fun show with new material.
Speaker 2: If you want to.
Speaker 1: Email us sorry about last night's show at gmail dot com, today's subject line my boyfriend's neighbor.
Speaker 2: Keeps trying to fuck him.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Hey ladies, I wrote in over the summer for the first time after listening for six years about how to end how to get the guy I was fucking to stop squatting in my house?
Speaker 3: Oh I remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that email too.
Speaker 1: I followed the advice, of course, and told him he needed to get his shit together and get out. He did and immediately found an apartment, a job, and went back to college.
Speaker 4: But there's a new book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there always is. It's like he was capable of it the entire time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, I say, sometimes if you don't set the boundary of making the person leave, if he's if he's getting a free place to say, why would he go unless he who in their right mind would just be like I guess I'm gonna get rid of this easy situation.
Speaker 2: I mean someone with dignity, but other than that, not sure.
Speaker 1: Who has dignity. Let's spread it onto the new issue. I started seeing my now boyfriend in August, shortly after I kicked squatter out.
Speaker 2: This is the first relationship. Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: You kick the squatter out, you make room for another guy, and then everybody wants to fuck theme.
Speaker 2: So that's why you're writing this again. Shortly after I kicked squatter out.
Speaker 1: This is the first relationship I've been in in four and a half years. We took things slow and dated for three months, then called it official in October.
Speaker 2: Everything has been amazing.
Speaker 1: He's sweet, kind and funny and loves me so loudly and that I've never experienced.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: He's always cooking me incredible meals and offering to take care of me my dog. He's a lot of work, he plans uscute dates and is the most caring, thoughtful man I've ever met. Not to mention, he's got a job yay, owns a house woohoo, has two dogs, and takes care of himself. He's an independent person, but also has a solid group of friends for a twenty eight year old man. He's taken me to events with his friends a few times, and they've all been welcoming. He has quite a few girlfriends, which I wasn't worried about. I have some close guy friends and he doesn't mind. But his neighbor has become a big problem. He's lived next to I'm gonna say her real name just in case she's listening and can get the message lout and clear.
Speaker 2: I'm not he's living. He's lived. Yeah, come on, he's lived next to Lisa. Ridiculous. I'm not doing your dirty business for you.
Speaker 1: Well, he's lived next to Lisa for about three year years now.
Speaker 2: I think she's between twenty eight and thirty two.
Speaker 1: I asked my boyfriend and he said he didn't actually know and didn't know what she does for work. Okay, they've been friends since he bought this house. They'll go see movies occasionally, or grab lunch, maybe smoke wheed on their patios, overall casual. We were eating dinner a couple months in and he was telling me something about her and I said, I'd love to meet her. She sounds cool, and his response was, I'm not sure she's ready to meet you. He then told me how when she met the girl he was dating over a year ago. Wait, he then told me about how when she met the girl he was dating over a year ago.
Speaker 2: Met her and that, yeah, I think this person be here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lisa got incredibly jealous and stopped talking to him because she needed to reevaluate their relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's playing them. Lisa's playing the man in this situation.
Speaker 1: I asked him if they had previously hooked up or if he had liked her. He insisted they hadn't, and honestly, I believe him. He's given me no reason to not trust his word. I explained that if he's still uncomfortable meeting his if she's still comfortable meeting his new girlfriend after the first jealousy issue, then she still really likes him, and that's not a very good friend if her intentions of their friendship are different than his. He said he was very clear with her in previous jealousy situations that he was not into her like that and he only wanted to be friends. Why I need a new friend, though, I said it was fine that they stay friends. I mean, yeah, he could do whatever he wants, he's his own person and hang out, but he needed to be explicitly clear again with her about only being friends. I mean, I think that is explicitly clear. He was explicitly clear. He was super receptive and agreed he'd clarify with her. He hasn't mentioned hanging out with her since that conversation. About three weeks ago, I was watching his dogs for the weekend at his house, yes, and when I was walking out, she was walking up to her house. She made eye contact and immediately looked down. I introduced myself because it felt weirder to not say anything, and she said okay, then walked inside.
Speaker 2: Oh a little weird that she's immature as though. Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 1: Also weird that, like it's it's so obvious that, like you were talking about yeahs, you just said, no, what she looks like and went up to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I told my boyfriend this and he said she was just shy. Okay, maybe she is. She is shy.
Speaker 1: Then last week I was waiting outside for him and she walked out of her house. I waved at her. You don't got wave and she looked up and she looked me up and down. Also, and also, you don't put this in, but based on the letter, you waved contally, and you know you did.
Speaker 2: I know you did.
Speaker 1: You waved like a cunt. Yeah, come on, I know. Stop playing like you're only giving us the one side of the story. You waved like a cunt. You didn't go, yeah, you're pretending you're extending an olive branch. Was actually pissing on your boyfriend, And that's fine, but please tell me what you're actually doing. Then, when he walked out, he also he also waved at her, and she completely ignored him. He just shrugged it off. Last night, he left his phone. Oh no girl. Last night he left his phone open on the counter, and I saw that he was tech with her and she had sent him a really long message. I didn't read any of it, but the length of the message threw me off.
Speaker 2: You throw me off too.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I should bring the topic back up or not, but this girl clearly has shown some weird obsession with him. She invited him to her family Christmas party, which he declined, going, it's not a weird obsession. She has a crush on him, that's not an obsession. We've all had a crush on someone like and we've all ignored that person's girlfriend for a second to continue the crush that we have. There, you go, so that happens. She brings some baked goods pretty consistently. They aren't good.
Speaker 2: You're being such a bet. I know. She even made him a little basket of stuff for Christmas. God, who's you me?
Speaker 1: I trust my boyfriend and that he's not doing anything he shouldn't, but I feel so uncomfortable with this girl, and I don't know what to do. Look, every woman knows, like every woman walking in the world, boyfriend, husband or single, has had guys act like this to them.
Speaker 2: And like it's innocent.
Speaker 1: It's just a crush and she's not giving it up because she just wants to entertain it, and he's not doing anything about it.
Speaker 2: Like this is he's acting like the woman in this Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like also part of this tactic is like she's seeing if she can break you and she's it's working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she can.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen is you're you're gonna start annoying your boyfriend with your insecurities creating, and then she's she's there to She's.
Speaker 2: There to catch him Wheney falls.
Speaker 1: Oh, with those baskets actually a genius plan. Maybe she'll start making her bake goods taste delicious once that you're at you're taking the bait.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. We communicate very well in our relationship, but I feel like she continues to overstep. Any advice would be appreciated, so I don't seem like a crazy girlfriend if I bring it up again. Don't bring it up again. Here's some quick pictures of him and me and of our dogs. Of course, quick follow up because I finally found her on Instagram and wanted to send pictures of her.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about an obsession, you're obsessed with her.
Speaker 1: You are, okay, I guess that's you. That's oh my god. Your boyfriend looks like the lead singer of Incubis. I mean it's like I can't really tell. He's super cute. Those dogs are great. And then this is Lisa, Oh Lisa. I think Lisa just has resting bitch face. You can't falter for that. It does seem like it seems like that on her Instagram.
Speaker 2: So like, I think she's awkward. She could be awkward, she could be shy. She has a crush on your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Girl, you got good taste, okay, but you know, like you don't have to be the territorial aspect that you're demonstrating here. Yeah, when you said that you saw a very long text message from her to him, Yeah, that would have piqaud my curiosity. I wouldn't have read it either, but I would have been like, what's up? But that's about it, Like that's the only thing in here that I would like hook onto. I don't know, I don't know what I'll do. Don't trust your boyfriend. You have to trust your boyfriend and just move on. Like, yes, this girl obviously has a crush on him and The thing is, it's like, I kind of feel bad for this girl because there's something about your boyfriend that, like, I do trust that he's not cheating on you and is not thinking of it. But when you exactly when you know someone has a crush on them, like to keep hanging out with the person is a little cruel when you have zero intention of dating them.
Speaker 2: Like it is nice.
Speaker 1: It just almost seems like your boyfriend needs like a little bit extra of a confidence boost and he's using this girl for that. There's absolutely no reason knowing someone has a big crush on you to go out to brunch with them one on one, to go to movies one on one.
Speaker 2: To go on these faux dates.
Speaker 1: Like honestly, as is every fucking situation that gets written into this show, it's women are fighting women when really the onus should be on the man. That's the template for I don't know, eighty five percent of the emails that we get on this for show, yeh heterosexually, especially if the neighbor was like weird to his previous Girlfriends's that's where you go, Okay, you like this, sir, And look what no one hates when somebody has a crush on them.
Speaker 2: We all love it. It's great.
Speaker 1: But like there's morals that have to be to have to be put into play. He needs to set the boundary, he needs to say it's obvious that I've said that we don't, I don't want to be more than friends. It's obvious that you still feel this way about me, and that's cool. Yeah, I just don't. It's I feel like I'm just leading you on with our one and one friendship. It's like, I'm happy to hang out with you in a group setting, but like the one on one is appropriate, inappropriate on his end, Yeah, as always, he's on a relationship.
Speaker 2: She's not doing anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Is it tacky that she's going for your boyfriend? Yes, it's tacky, one hundred percent. It's tacky, but it's fair. She definitely can play the game if she wants. She absolutely can, and she'd I'm sure she definitely has this iways here first mentality about it. Yeah, because she knew him before the first girlfriend, before before you writer, and then she you know, so maybe she There's some territories, but it's all it's all you ego, it's all you go, guys, check your you to go out the door.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he should stop fucking in out with her.
Speaker 1: After you come see us at the Master Crimon Night Theater Thursday, March seventh in New York City. Go listen to my stand up comedy album Good Girl Barbara, available on Spotify and Apple Music.
Speaker 2: And I have a Patreon where once a week I do a.
Speaker 1: Group Zoom Sherapee for an hour and we talk about whatever ours on our minds, and their conversations get very deep, very quickly, and I really enjoy them. So you could sign up for that at patreon dot com slash Christina Hutchinson. I'm also implementing a five dollars a month level. You could just listen in on the zooms and listen in to me doing bonus content for the voices in our heads for this new book by RJ. Spina called Supercharged Self Healing. And if you're in Springfield, Missouri, come see me headlining the Blue Room at March twenty second and twenty third.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be in you Springfield.
Speaker 1: Let's go someone who is a member of your group sherap He came into Perfectly Centered this weekend and he said he really enjoys that.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so nice.
Speaker 1: And then he brought wait was it Seamus, Yes, it was, Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 2: And then he bought the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool y.
Speaker 1: So anyway, final month at Perfectly Centered Source. So many uh wackos and buckers came in this weekend because I'm going to be in the store a lot, but always just if you're.
Speaker 2: Interested, if you're interested in basically.
Speaker 1: Coming in and buying stuff, some stuff and then buying yourself a private meet and greet with me, which is what it is.
Speaker 2: And I know that you're using it as that, and I don't care.
Speaker 1: Just buy ship from the store and I'll literally I was signing baseballs this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm signing receipt whatever, do whatever.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. So I got to stop by. Actually are you there this week that's awesow because I'm into DC. This store is closed this weekend. But yeah, but other than that, yeah, come in and buy some stuff and I will sign whatever you want.
Speaker 2: For you, but you got to buy some stuff.
Speaker 1: Don't come into in and disrespect me like like that husband from a couple of comes before you have to buy stuff, because literally, like this is like a different business, and like I'm really I just I can't move all the stuff into a storage unit. I need to physically get rid of some of this stuff so perfectly centered store. Yeah, we're gonna be closed this weekend because me and John are both on the road. But after that where we're open Wednesdays through Saturdays, twelve noon to five pm. And you'll have you know the March sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, March thirteenth, fourteen, fifteen, sixty sixteenth. I'm not there every day, but I always post on Instagram when I am there.
Speaker 2: Uh so just check it.
Speaker 1: If you see my video and you live close enough to Westchester, take a ride there. Buy out of your Pokemon card nineteen eighty nine, Palmer Avenue, Larchmont, New York. And of course listen to Without a Country podcast. Uh some really interesting. I mean Donald Trump's making sneakers now, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's he's also killing in the primaries. He's killing me. I mean, like I really feel like he's gonna be president. I know it does seem like yeah to me, there's almost no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do real dumb, but his dumbness, like he says things and then all those shows play clips.
Speaker 2: Of him, like he's kind of funny. Oh no, he is funny. I've been beaten down enough to go dah, the guy's funny.
Speaker 1: Well, because when everything, when everything in the world is in such shambles, you're like, it's kind of hilarious. This guy has such a good chance of being president. Yes, yeah, and is in just in court cases for him. It was just like, this is the movie that like like fucking greta girl, Judd appetete like a Christopher Guest movie. The world feels like a Christopher Guest movie, World's Most Unlikely President.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's write in a dog like the coy. Yeah, yeah, in a backpack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I love Corgi's the very royal and regal.
Speaker 2: You did you want to?
Speaker 1: Oh no, if you have something to say, I learned this recently. Fifty years ago. Fifty years ago, women weren't allowed to legally sign their own mortgages.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did not know that. That is mad, not that long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm surprised why.
Speaker 4: I think I thought that it would have been.
Speaker 2: It was in the seventies, yeah, seventy four, seventy four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just getting old.
Speaker 2: And then and now because I was reading this article about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your dad or your husband had to sign off on it, right, that's yeah, that's crazy. Well, even like when I had when I was my property, I remember, you know, I think I talked about on the show, like you have to like check off that you're single, which really should have no relationship to you buy your property. But yeah, and me and the female lawyer we had a little chuckle over it together. Yeah, I didn't know it was that. I didn't know it was like that. That's crazy. And then today I was reading an article about how eleven million women single women own homes nationwide, and a home ownership with single women versus single men in the United States is way higher with women.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Historically, as soon as women get get rights, we absolutely fucking annihilate them in the most positive ways. We just like we have so much political power as soon as we were giving it, like I mean just across the board, when we get an opportunity, we really seizes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he sees the day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to share a website called Let's talk about It dot com.
Speaker 2: Let's elat talk about it dot com.
Speaker 1: That website has a lot of resources for domestic abuse, so we get a lot of questions about domestic abuse safety plans, all these things.
Speaker 2: These things need to be done very delicately.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, you know, if you're with somebody and their partner who you're pretty sure hits the woman, and they're like, just he hit you and she says no, that's because if she said yes, she would get the shit kicked out of her later that night. So it's like, there's certain there's certain facets of a domestic abusive relations physically abusive relationship and emotionally abusive relationship that you have to kind of handle very carefully. And this is I just wanted to give this website out again. It's let's talk about it dot com. Yeah, because a lot of you guys write in and as like as the best friend and you're like, I gave him a piece of my mind and he's like, that's not bad. You're gonna get He's gonna give your friend a piece of his friend and then your your friend's also gonna get killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I love the uh the boss bitch attitude, but in domestic violence, it's not the correct approach unless you are like a professional shot putter or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, unless yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, exactly, that's not a good approach, so stop doing that. On a more positive note, for my little anecdote for the week is I just this has been happening a lot with my straight, uh male friends, the you know, platonic friends. I know, we say that they can't be, but I do have a good deal of platonic male friends, and they there's been this theme lately of at the end of the night, them hugging me and telling me, telling me that they love me.
Speaker 2: This has been a new theme from people that like, from people that that I would not expect it from.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not even gonna name names because I feel like I'm gonna out their vulnerability and they're gonna get weird about it. But like I was, it happened with two people that I was really really really astounded that they said that to me, that they initiated that I love you, and I felt like they really meant it and I was and they weren't even that drunk. And I mean, I was just so proud of my young these young men growing up.
Speaker 2: They're older than all of them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I was like, Wow, look at this vulnerable gents they are, you know, changing things are really happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Never even kiss either of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, nothing, nothing mildly inappropriate ever happened between either of us.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was really so so proud of them. Guys, you know it is possible. It can't happen, it is possible. So Michael, this is your last episode official times, it really is.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service. Thank you so much, Mike.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give you the floor in case there's anything you want to promote one last time, say remarks you needed to get it?
Speaker 2: Do you need it? I don't know what you feel to open anything available?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need advice on something, or you want to throw something out there you want to promote.
Speaker 2: It's like back studit whatever.
Speaker 4: I would like to promote Slickback Studios.
Speaker 3: So thank you for much.
Speaker 4: Christina. Your show is obviously on the network.
Speaker 2: Yes, discovered a ghost the last.
Speaker 4: Year we did that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And now the crazy thing about now that we're collaborating on these quips through like slick Back Studios and you I get to see the people that are leaving comments on your videos. The quite strange.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, the bullying on Instagram is getting rapped up well, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: It's called you're aging.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome to my world, Welcome to the other side of thirty five touch. I mean it's after the beast like a couple of like years, so I would say, but that's find weird. But it's so like childish and it's like, I, yes, I have a temper and it's easy to get like get me hooked and be like fuck you. But they're just they're not even like interesting comments. They're just they're just so dumb that I'm like, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Well no, they're not okay. It makes me laugh. They're very not okay.
Speaker 4: You also have the comments that come in from guys with like Mickey Mouse as their icon on Instagram that are like great feet or like you know, sexy great you know. So that's been fun. But yes, Slick Back Studios, we have a lot of great shows, including my personal podcast. A couple of listeners had reached out about kind of keeping up with me. Mike Coscarella Rules is my show, Like.
Speaker 2: How he had to get that in here?
Speaker 4: But you guys gave me the floor to promote. Please subscribe and rate and review and everything. That's where you can keep up with me. We'll be doing weekly shows there. But my my parting thoughts. I did actually have some some thoughts that I that came to mind knowing that this would be the last time I recorded. I obviously we've kind of done this before, but officially I want to thank you guys for bringing me along for this ride. It's really been awesome.
Speaker 2: Forward any of the better help invoices to us.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've you know, helped but also hurt relationships.
Speaker 4: It's been it's listen, it's it's Uh. I think that it's it's helped more than it's it's hurt, because I.
Speaker 2: Think that's a better help. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like to think that when I have personal interactions with women and everything, I have the two of you guys kind of on my shoulders and on my in my head, and it helps me to make what I think is usually unless. But I appreciate that, Uh, you guys have put me in a position, I think, to live a better life as a as a man because I can go through life listening to women the way that I think that they want to be listened to, and I hope that I am actually practicing what I preached there. But so beyond the professional podcasting like experience that I've I've gotten to have with you guys, you really have that was very appreciate you and to the listeners. I just appreciate you guys accepting me and and seriously for two years.
Speaker 2: And he did. He accepted more than us.
Speaker 1: You know, I have many critiques on Mikey, but you got had a lot of stuff to say about me.
Speaker 4: I had a conversation with with an X over the summer, uh, and I found out that listeners were like, though I don't condone this because I think it's kind of like bad, I appreciate it. Listeners were like getting in her d MS and being like, oh my god, Like I can't believe you would break somebody as nice as Mike's heart.
Speaker 2: It kind of feels good.
Speaker 4: It kind of feels good.
Speaker 2: So better than trying to fuck her.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, You've gotten a much better experiences from our show than we have.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just I just feel like the listener has really embraced me, and that mental has meant a lot the entire time, and and you know, to to come into a you know, a show that's been going on for so long with two people that are so beloved, to to feel that warmth from the fans is awesome and pretty great. Yeah, I've appreciated every single one of you guys that anybody that's reached out and said a nice thing and about me moving on or even when I was on the show. It means a lot. And it's gonna be weird. It's a big change to not be with you guys in this capacity anymore. But you know, I appreciate thank.
Speaker 1: For second mic on my podcast because I'm like, this would be yeah, it's very sad.
Speaker 4: It would be sad to walk away from completely. But yeah, that's what this is all like a big satellite. Like I'm in the guys, we fucked world those forever, and you know, I'm happy about that. That means a lot to me. And and you know, I'm moving on with such a good feeling and and I'm glad for the I'm happy for the next stage of our relationships too. And I just you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like I feel like now they're every now and again on Instagram.
Speaker 4: But Now, I just feel like there's a different level because it's you know, when you when you're in a job for so long. I've always said this about to other people in media and stuff. When I was in radio, I think I picked this up. I started at the radio station as an intern, and I knew it's some point that I was going to have to move on to do something else because the people that had been in that building for so long and knew me when I came in as an intern, We're kind of always going to see me in some way as that kid, yeah, as a twenty year old, until you move on and you go away, and then you come back, and then you're a little more on the the you're viewed a little more as a peer. And not that I've never felt that you guys don't treat me that way, but I think moving into a different part of my career it changes the relationship in a way that I feel like it's it's like the advice that I feel like I can get from you guys comes from a bit of a different place because now we're on paths that are a little more parallel.
Speaker 2: Entrepreneursah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So obviously I'm following in your footsteps in a lot of ways, and obviously, like I've already come to you guys on for advice on some things. But I'm sure the next couple of years will absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, I'm sure it'll come normal again sometime. Yeah, you will. We'll see about that one day.
Speaker 4: But that's it. That's my party notes. It's all warmth on my end, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just And you have a great roster, by the way, Congrats hats off to you forster earning that roster, because the comics that have podcasts on your network are heavy hitting killers truly.
Speaker 4: And a Riceman who's been on the show likes Burns Andrea and yeah, it's a lot of really good talent and hopefully that you know, we we continue to do more stuff.
Speaker 1: And we female because Mike creates a safe space in his slip back studio.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Freks who has also been on the show, and was was like, we were talking last week and she was like she she was like ribbing me about the like the diversity, and then she like thought about it for a second. She's like, actually, it's all women. I was like, it is, yeah, because I don't really know like you know, you know, no shade, it's something like a gas digital or whatever. But it's just not an environment that I feel like. I yeah, feel super comfortable.
Speaker 2: Feels comfortable environment create especially when I locked the door.
Speaker 1: Actually when I'm record next to get in but see you through the glass. You can't get in through the door. Well, thank you so much, Michael. We're so excited to see where slick Back Studios goes and follow it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Right is it?
Speaker 1: It's slip Back Studios, Underscore Studios.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: I just I look down and there's a fucking ghost meter next they Yeah, I brought it to I brought it to Mike Studio. There's a ghost in the table in a cement table and the Princess Diana Princess nuts.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I was like, what the fuck is that? There? We go? What is that?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: We love you, Michael, thank you for We love you. Know what else? We love Today's guest. Yes, he's a stand up comedian.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You've seen him as a talking head on so many hit television shows. He's the co host of I Never Liked You podcast and the Advice Special Part two is now available on his YouTube Channel.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show. It'say Elaine.
Speaker 3: Is it wrong say everyone.
Speaker 6: Has got me?
Speaker 3: Say a vopeless case.
Speaker 2: A day to day?
Speaker 3: That's still strictly of course.
Speaker 2: S We are here with stand up comedian The Tale Lane. So happy to have you back.
Speaker 3: I have botox?
Speaker 2: What how could you admit that out loud in front of everyone?
Speaker 3: I want to start off, they get it off my chest. I've been holding this in. It was not discussed beforehand. Bowtox.
Speaker 1: Well, I like because you just you mentioned it casually, and I feel like what people are so weird about talking about enhancements, and especially men, we do see it. It's the one medical procedure that we see going wrong more often in men than women.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's just less research. It's the only form.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but correlative viill.
Speaker 2: Well, Oh is that how you get that? I thought that botox relaxed.
Speaker 3: That you could put them out here and then your eyebrows raise up or you can put it down.
Speaker 1: Johnny Resnick from Google Dolls, I actually cry about used to I want to oh hot, I mean like young Johnny Resnick looks like Matt Rife and know yeah he does he looks like but.
Speaker 3: It's not just like people. I almost wonder if like enhancements are I love never used that word, but you said it, so now I'm saying it because I don't know if that's the way we're supposed to say it.
Speaker 2: No, but just surgery.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you go too long without like, look, some people don't get it and some people do. But if you go too long without having anything done, and then one day you're like, give it to me all, then it's like you gotta.
Speaker 2: Get a forehead in yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But Madonna, something happened and she looks very good as of late.
Speaker 1: You can undo it because, like to me, more we saw she went really unbelievable.
Speaker 2: There was oh, she did the stuff.
Speaker 1: She made one appearance when she got the you know, the buckle fat kind of removed too intensely, and then she went back to something else.
Speaker 2: And now it looks great. I love the buckle. I never heard of that until because its.
Speaker 1: A lot of this stuff dissolves within your face, so you know, you can look like trash for three months, but then you can fix it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do. And I saw something online. I follow this like plastic Surge online.
Speaker 2: He has no hair.
Speaker 3: I forget his name, but he's great. He has alopecia, so like specific I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was his stance against the things that he's doing. He's like, you don't need to.
Speaker 3: He has okay, but correct but he uh, he'll look at like other people's youtubes. And this one girl a lot of women are talking about, like it's always the most gorgeous woman, size zero, perfect skain who's like, we have to stop doing this to ourselves.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're twenty, yeah, but ye shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: I think I think people get plastic surgery and bow ta. I think it's just like, whatever makes you comfortable. We have one fucking life, and is some YouTube girl who's gorgeous going to tell you not to make your Now that there are people who get there like way too big of cheeks or jaws and stuff, and that's always fun for the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is very fun for the rest of us. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also too, it's strategic, especially if you're the entertainment industry. You want to leg up get it if you can afford it good. Yeah, also, and make it feel good. I just you know, I just want a little.
Speaker 2: Bit yeah, I want to done that.
Speaker 3: Lips are tricky. They do a thing where they can cut the skin here and just actually physically.
Speaker 1: It doesn't like because I don't like the protruding because that distracts me. If I'm talking to you and I'm like no, yeah, yeah, yeah, it looks good in photos and videos, but in person, no, dice.
Speaker 3: Classic surgeon looks good in photos and videos and then in real are like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want that. I don't want that kind. Have you ever gotten anything where they actually had to cut your face? Oh?
Speaker 3: My hair surgery? Yeah, that was intense. I mean that's a ten hours is really painful.
Speaker 2: They numb you right.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so I think some people have.
Speaker 1: Okay, set the record stream.
Speaker 3: I get bowtops now. I got my hair transplants here in New York, and I think depending on where what clinic you go to, they all do it a little differently. But mine, I don't remember any of the surgery. I've gotten it done twice now and I don't remember either. Certainly you out, you get Ambi and valume. Oh wow, so I don't remember them numbing me. I don't remember being flipped over. I don't remember a thing.
Speaker 2: Give you an ambient m Wait, what does that make you sleep?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I literally I wake up and I'm like, good and your hair, your hairline? Yeah, well I got I got my first hair surgery because I was really balding. I can send you the pictures if you want to post it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, just before I never I never knew you to have thinning hair.
Speaker 3: I was doing a comb hair. I'll show you.
Speaker 2: I hit the gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was basically doing a don't lay.
Speaker 1: On somebody's pillow after you put the power on, because then you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: All over the well, don't even get me started the amount of pillows I've had to wash for myself. Yeah, but yes I do. Okay, So this is where my hairline was before any any surgery at all. Oh okay, it went all the.
Speaker 2: Way back to little. Yeah, it was a like a horseshoe.
Speaker 3: It was kind of yeah rough, and that just was insecure and I was always liked the hair here was longer and I pull it forward and topics bray and hair expression she lacket. Yes, I just want to be so the first surgery they just kind of fix that. Then you have a postop a year later and I go, I know you're going to say no, but I said, I just want a lower hairline and more hair here, and he goes, we'll do it. I said, oh great, I said, also give me a beard. Okay, they added all this. I never had any of this, and this takes four day to recover. Done. How they have the beer, They take hair in a lab and then they use little gnomes no jockey. I love them. They are the fullest beer try to acquire. They take it from here, they take it under here, and then they put it here. But this hair falls out, like right now, I my hairline that they put in, which basically they gave me the Dominican and that all that hair falls out in like a month and it grows back before exactly what.
Speaker 2: It comes back and so it's growing back naturally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like hair.
Speaker 2: This is okay, So they okay, give it.
Speaker 1: They take the follic lots and when they were uh like take the hair out, follicle comes with it and they implant the follicle.
Speaker 2: They have like a like a sewing machine.
Speaker 3: Like a seed exactly. Okay, So right now I'm spraying the topic. Spray what my hairline will be. So if you get real close, it's very drag queen esque happening. Right now.
Speaker 1: This is great look and then it's transplanted, will never fall out. That's also something I was told. So you're you're you're just gonna just start aging. But then the hair will just be forehead, but the forehead will be sharp, I.
Speaker 3: Said, because and this is one of my jokes, but it is a true story. My doctor asked me, is like, do you have any bading in your family? And I said no, he goes no. One said, knowing, what about your mom's dad, And I said, my mom's dad is a Mexican with a one inch forehead.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so much hair.
Speaker 3: His hairline starts here. I don't know why no one else in my family's bald, but I was losing my hair rapidly.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's stressed, stress, living in the city, just all the all of it.
Speaker 3: All of it. But I've always I never had a great hairline. And my brother, my brother has the Mexican hair, like the thick, black, straight Mexican hair.
Speaker 2: I just don't have it.
Speaker 3: So anyways, now in April you'll see, but I give.
Speaker 1: Botox beautiful do we know, like the botox, like there's negative side effects that we know of yet. No, But I think it's been around for long enough now that we would know, right, Yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been around. My mom's been getting it for a while.
Speaker 1: She used to get it in her neck for for medical reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had my traps because they're so tight. Yeah, you too much, your head will.
Speaker 2: Fall over all right, Well, but I love it. You look great. Thanks guys. You're very handsome, you're very multi talented.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. Wow, I should come back any more often.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like there's a stigma for men or in the gay community that like that exists with plastic surgery, because there definitely is.
Speaker 2: For the women.
Speaker 3: I honestly think it's any community. I mean, I also think that we're not realizing, but straight men are doing a lot. They may not call it the same thing, but they're doing a lot. Also implants, Yeah, that episode of True Life and MTV, you'll live with me forever.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget him. I'll never forget him. The cats weren't even that much better afterwards.
Speaker 1: A gnarly surgery for not for something that we're not looking at.
Speaker 3: And also to like the I think the end. I remember even being like thirteen and gay watching. He was like dancing in a club with glitter on his body. I was like, this is what you were looking forward, Like you needed the caves for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, my life is complete. I'm like, I think you gotta get we gotta gotta circle back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get your friendships under your belt and then tell me how you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I do think like all the men in Hollywood get plastic surgery. They're on some sort of peptide, or they're doing steroids the testosterone, or they getting hair transplant. I bet you ninety percent of the men we see in Hollywood have hair transplants. So I don't think it's a woman's game. I think that like everyone wants to look better in every community.
Speaker 2: It feels so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think I mean, yeah, gays are probably a little more open about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's try. I don't know why women hide it.
Speaker 1: Well, there's something that feels like and also with me, it feels like inherently like feminine to care about your looks. But one of my favorite Instagram accounts that I just started following. Is a woman who applies to pays to men and they look so good and.
Speaker 4: I didn't pick what can I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no no, And so she hasn't heard the word.
Speaker 1: It's for people who can't, you know, I guess afford the actual hair transplant. It looks so good, so relaxing to go from fours to nine nine.
Speaker 2: They're hot.
Speaker 3: A good hairline is enough to like cure.
Speaker 2: Yes, my boyfriend. My boyfriend's hairline.
Speaker 1: After we got back from Turkey, I was like, God, damn, your face is hot before, but now it's hot right. And the thing with the with the two pays account is like it's all women watching the content and be like celebrating these guys for taking you know, for caring about their appearance. But when you see the kind of the women getting enhancements, it's just guys going like they didn't need to change that, this looks like shit, or women being like why are they doing that?
Speaker 2: It's it's so negative.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say like when I because my special hair plugs and Heartdake available on YouTube, but I talk I do fifteen minutes on my hair tran. I opened the show by saying I got hair transplants right, And so many men have reached out to me not only inquiring about hair transplants, but like thanking me. Yeah, like kind of like a mother.
Speaker 1: Tresa, but like an insecurity like that. It takes hearing somebody talk about it and not giving a shit.
Speaker 4: And I also think you said before when we talked about it, I was like, oh, you got plugs, Like it's not the eighties When I was a kid, hair planned like plug like.
Speaker 3: Ant legs sticking out of your So I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if a lot of straight men know that it can look like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I was getting when I got my hair done the second time, I'd go, bet you can option out to like wash your hair at home, or they can. You can go there every day and they wash the hair for you for an extra charge. So I was like, I'll just have them do it for me because they apply all this stuff. So I'm like waiting for the woman Mona to wash my hair. And there was a wife sitting there and she was like her husband was coming out of surgeon. When he came out, like I was telling him, like you gotta have him sleep up, you gotta have him do this, you gotta do that, and he came out. He was just so straight about he was like, are you fucking hair not?
Speaker 2: He's like, damn.
Speaker 3: So straight men are proud of it. I do think like with social media and like kind of like everyone becoming a little more open, Like I think that we'd be more shocked at how how little shame there is talking about getting work done.
Speaker 2: People kind of use it as like a point of pride. That's good.
Speaker 1: Well. I also I've always felt for a long time, like with I guess mainly with straight men, like I've always wonder like, do.
Speaker 2: You guys ever does straight men feel sexy? Like when like you know women women and get yeah you do, that's right, you're a big.
Speaker 4: What do you all like firing when you're like when you're working out and eating right and like wells well, like it's like a clean shave or like when you're like really got it going, like for an event, a wedding or something like that.
Speaker 1: But women like well, like, as a woman, like I love leaning into like feeling sexy like all the time.
Speaker 2: It's so fun, and I'm like I want men to feel that way too.
Speaker 3: I think the expectations of men having to be sexy and women being sexy sexy historically are just very different there. So men probably innately just culturally aren't raised to think that they have to be presentable at all times, where women often do just historically speaking, so like if a man dresses up for like a wedding, everyone's like, oh my god, like we all have like idiots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that expression, like you clean up nice. It means like usually you look like ship.
Speaker 2: But yeah, put like a super I hate when people so that's yeah, yeah clean.
Speaker 3: I mean I dress well, but on the occasion that I will put on something that's not a T shirt and jeans, people are like, you should do this more often, too much.
Speaker 1: But you're always wearing like the best T shirt and jeans. It's very you got your well, you're ripped your fucking like you got a face. The face.
Speaker 2: The face is well manicured.
Speaker 1: Wear tired today Today it might be tired, but tomorrow it's going to be fired up. Well, how feeling sexy? Like how do you This is feels like such a question, but like how do you feel sexy?
Speaker 3: How do you ever give it a blow job? By putting an ice cube on your tongue at.
Speaker 1: Par don't tell them, but how do you feel sexy outside of you know, like a relationship or outside of on stage?
Speaker 3: Because I'm very secure.
Speaker 2: Well, but you know what, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I will say gay men have a lot in common with women in comedy, not to the extent of like can you wear a dress? Can you not? Are you're getting followed home? Who's trying to fuck you? But I'm just mean in terms of like the vulnerability, like the kind of you know, because homophobia really roots itself and misogyny. So being gay at all these open mics, it's like you're coming up against the same kind of criticisms because people don't want to hear it anyways. I'm not trying to say I'm the same thing as a woman in comedy.
Speaker 2: But no, no, I agree with what I say.
Speaker 3: I will say, like I really grew up. I was very skinny. Do you guys know what I used to look like? No, I'll show you. This is my favorite photo to show people. It is just the I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse though than peakan in high school or something.
Speaker 3: You're like, I did not that was me?
Speaker 1: Whoa you look like it's aferent person, you look like a totally different person, so you know you're shined to kind of like your glove of your spirit.
Speaker 3: We never talk about body shaming for people who are too think because my whole life I was made fun of constantly for being way too skinny. All the guys would make fun of me for how I looked, just call me a faggot. But you know there's also that too. Its skinny, but like they're and I'm not saying I'm going through the same thing as someone who's who's overweight and made fun of for. But you're too skinny, and you know who wommen, Yes, So I didn't say more to me.
Speaker 1: I had a boss that was naturally very very thin, and like I worked with her both of her daughters who were naturally very thin, and she would I remember she would say to me, She's like, when you're like very thin, people do not mind coming up to you telling you that. She's like, if I was overweight, no one's gonna come to me and like put the sandwich down your fat fox, Like, but everybody comments on how thin I am.
Speaker 2: Everyone that's gross.
Speaker 3: And I've got most of my comments about how thin I was from women. They would come out I wish I had your legs. I'm like, well, do you think that's what I want to hear. I'm nineteen, just a fledging homosexual, just you know. But yeah, so I spent and to build up it spent. I have a highatabolism. I spent a long time, like figuring out the gym and figuring out how to go and do all that stuff. So now part of that's added to my confidence, but that part of me still lives inside getting called faggot one eyebrow Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish I had the picture handy of my brows.
Speaker 1: My mom wax my mom wacks them off and they look like lightning bolts, like conflicting lightning bolts.
Speaker 2: For all of high.
Speaker 3: School, I had a lot of Puerto Rican friends and they would do my eyebrows. In college and I just I had women's Puerto Rican Chicago eyebrows in college. So you feel like I feel stand shade because it took me so long to overcome even performing for like all gay audiences, they're very tough, very smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they I mean so many people.
Speaker 1: So many of my gay friends are like, yeah, we don't like gay comedians, and I go, Okay, I think they.
Speaker 3: Used to be more true, and I think, like I'm generally speaking here, but I felt that fifteen years ago when I started stand up, trying to perform for gay rooms a lot of times because gays weren't welcome to do stand up in the big circuit, right, But the attitude was sort of like we hear that said, brunch, where's Kathy Griffin? But yeah, I will say with the amount of queer comics coming up in social media that now everyone realizes that there's a place at the table. So I my shows, I mean, I've only been really selling tickets for the past two years of my career are predominantly gay men, and I think there's a big sigh of relief in the room that we can all enjoy stand up the way everybody else was. And then the gay comics, I just they were not available to Jim David and Mario Canton were not available to me as a sixteen year old.
Speaker 2: I have Margaret Show and Kathy Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean I think it's important with comedy you need someone who shares your perspective, like that's where the joke is, Like there's a million really successful comedians that I understand that they are funny, but they're not funny to me because I don't. I haven't lived the life that they've lived. Right, It's very important to have someone who shares your perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's a lot of there's so many queer comics now who are like jess Tom, Joel Comb, Booster, Solomon Georgio, Jay Jurden, j Bry, Jessica person. Like the list just goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what else makes you? When else do you feel sexy? When I went in Fortnite?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh I feel great? Really? Oh, you can't tell me I'm not you like, murdering makes you horny?
Speaker 3: So much murdering because like they kind of digitally disappear. Oh but I mean I am holding an AK forty you know, shooting people, right, But no, it's just so funny with your friends and kill people and win because there's one hundred people and you have to if you come down to the last team that won.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you survived a lot. I feel great and you feel sexy?
Speaker 3: Yeah sure? Yeah, But the older I get, the less sexy, you know what I mean? Like I don't like I'm not feeling my oats in the mirror anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm like, i'd say it, yeah, right, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was thinking back fondly to the days where I would like when I was turned thirteen and I got tits and I would just walk around the mall by myself in the tightest clothing I could find, with my fucking CD player, my headphones, and just like I felt like such a hot bitch.
Speaker 2: It was it was you four how hot I felt.
Speaker 1: And I'm constantly trying to get back to that point.
Speaker 2: You don't have like mirror moments, so I always have her moments. Men look, so it makes I take my Yeah, you don't take pictures like.
Speaker 3: Men, maybe my ass or something.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, your body's fucking bumping and your face is hot.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't I haven't looked in the mirror and a long I mean today here, and I thought I just felt like like Sideshow Bob and the Simpson's.
Speaker 1: Like or like Helga Bataki, that kid then she always punched Hey Ronold, oh my god. Yeah, that was the one show I just never got into. It's pretty good. I like haronald Alt, oh, my god, it was so good. Okay, so we feel like, how about like like feeling sexy in relationships, like.
Speaker 3: Eating together?
Speaker 2: Really, I was like, I hate eating.
Speaker 1: That's one of my least favorite parts of a relationship is eating with someone else because I like to eat naked and be disgusting, really really get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to be able to just do whatever.
Speaker 1: I want to be able to not worry about having food in my teeth or like, yeah, just really go for it.
Speaker 2: Everything muck bang style on the table, Like.
Speaker 3: I think if they don't snore, spooning can be really sexy for three minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then to readjust yeah, my neck always hurts a bob.
Speaker 3: The Drag Queen is a great joke where he's like, you know you're thirty whin He's like you literally no matter how you sit. Thirteen seconds later, like my back hurt. Yeah, I mean that's how it is.
Speaker 2: This is doesn't have a lot of long range. This position.
Speaker 3: No, I can't even lay down flat. Then I'm like, oh, my back feels tight and like, what's wrong falling apart?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Also, you worked out a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like when you work out at everything is just more sore all the time and makes noises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's really tough beat at the gym all the time, having to eat zebra all the time. Wow, it's great. Actually, I was thinking out my friend Eric Anddino this past weekend in Detroit. We went to middle school together, and he's like six or five and he is the size of this room. He's so muscular that next to him, I just feel like a little too farm mouse and like and then you see like him doing like these squats, I'm like, oh, is that possible? Like some thatis is genetic, Like these big centaurs walking around the gym, it is, I think genetics.
Speaker 2: Like a viking energy. Yeah, you get really hooked in the gym. I think it's like too easy to get hooked on.
Speaker 1: When I started doing squats like weightlifting, I'm like, oh, I should not be near gym because I would just want to do it all the time.
Speaker 3: I can, I say, I go to the gym all the time. I absolutely hate every time I go. Oh yeah, the whole thing sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to sit at home and vape and watch Pokemon news.
Speaker 2: Of course, Pokemon news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a new Pokemon game probably coming out soon. They're going to redo Jodo, and I don't think it's going to be good Pokemon.
Speaker 2: What do you speak? Truth? Speak you truth? I know that speaker.
Speaker 3: I know the headquarters of game Freak are watching this show.
Speaker 2: Let me just surprised.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's some surprising celebrities that listen to the show.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see and boil. Oh, Corey, Corey, Corey Booker.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Corey Matthews, now Harry Booker.
Speaker 2: We went ran into Corey Booker. See, I believe you listen? Does anymore.
Speaker 3: Streams a lot of what happened to Corey Booker?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: He does a lot of Instagram videos that are really beautiful and heartfelt.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yah, I'm just done with it. I okay, there was It's beyond exhausting, and then they demand every year that it's oh beyond, But no, I love these Instagram accounts of like inspirational anything. This one guy, he's straight but looks like ten percent, so, you know, trying drum all in. And I think that he sets up a fake podcast. I don't think there's a real podcast happening. He's talking to no one. I've never seen the other person he talks to, and he's always like, that is the hardest decision that you're ever going to have to make in your life. And when he has to be there.
Speaker 4: That goes on what people fake podcasts for clips.
Speaker 3: There's a fake there's a guy this fake stand up. Yeah. Yes, they set up like a room like this. They put in the lights and they have someone panning and then he's talking and looking like this and then there's laughter. I'm like, what is this club?
Speaker 2: That's more work than doing actual sign.
Speaker 1: He's too scared go to pine box and summer like the rest of us.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've seen people. I hate that and my husband loves it. Any inspirational anything like and there's like some sort of violent ship music in the background. That's the time we lose the most. It's the time we lose the most. And it's just someone I wouldn't trust with a plant, and like, I wouldn't trust you with anything.
Speaker 1: My favorite accounts are the ones about a specific personality disorder and the person only talks about that personality disorder and it's used as an excuse for everything.
Speaker 2: Because they're differing deeply from that personality.
Speaker 1: There like so many ADHD accounts that blame everything on ADHD, And I'm like, when I killed.
Speaker 3: My mother, I didn't realize it was because I'm ADHD. This is brought to you by better Help. Yeah, I know. Well now, Also, they like like to be an actual people have narcissistic qualities and tendencies. That is called being human. But there are people that are genuine narcissists. But it's such a small percentage of the populations.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I've actually ever met a narcissist. No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 3: I think I can think of one. And but these people who want to blame someone and being a narcissist, like, oh my ex is a.
Speaker 2: Narcissist possibility, no personal responsibility.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: You wanted to fuck a boat.
Speaker 3: But everyone's narist, I know every have you ever heard of a narcissist? Here are the qualities that you may be dating someone who may be a narcissist. Number one, they breathe like it's just so like it's me to me. I don't know, I don't know how you feel about it. I hate astrology just out there, but with me, well, that's everything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes very very wary of it, but recently I've been you know, you know what the biggest thing for me is how much men hate it and make.
Speaker 2: Fun of it. I go, it must be true that.
Speaker 3: That's a good joke. Do you say that?
Speaker 1: In safe We I was working on it because that was my realization and a true realization right after it. And then just so many men, well anytime men continuously pot well, and he had a lot of domestic abuse jokes, and I mean the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And to me, the criminal offense and the Matt Rife special is the twenty minute backpack story that has no ending.
Speaker 2: There's not what's ending when you got those anyway.
Speaker 3: I just I will say, I watch someone review Matt, because Matt's.
Speaker 2: Been going through it.
Speaker 3: I I wish they sold out shows that Radio City for him criticism And I don't think you're criticizing it. But I will say people were really digging to get mad at one point because they were like and making fun of astrology, where I'm like, hold up, yeah, okay, domestic violence one.
Speaker 1: Thing, yeahytrology, it's to be made fun of astrology, even like you know, and I'm but.
Speaker 3: These people are getting offended by the things they like, not things that they genuinely are.
Speaker 2: Do you see what I'm saying, Oh, it'sous.
Speaker 3: And also you're right, like people are like I am a fucking pisces.
Speaker 1: Deal with it, like excuse, yeah, we're over here's what's happening in the world. With the world now, we're over identifying with that. Yes, we're over identifying with our sexuality, we're over identifying with our job.
Speaker 2: We're over identifying with the things we like.
Speaker 3: When we're saying that we're bored, because well, it doesn't leave room for where it's actually important. So there are people who are non binary or trans or gay or by but it's like so in terms of sexuality, I'm just saying, so there are plights for people who are saying, like, hey, we actually need to be heard, yeah, because there's problems. And then that gets over shunned by people taking the fact that they're a scorpio as serious as someone who's dealing with the fact that they're trans.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, And it's like yes, when there's violence being had or like bullying, it's like whoha, everybody, shut the fuck up, and we need to like recalibrate here. But I feel like, yeah, people wear identities as a badge. I read a book I forget which one was talking about, like, you can't be an activist if you're too emotionally involved in the thing that you're being an activist for, because then your confusing.
Speaker 2: It does, and I, yes, it does seem confusing.
Speaker 1: But he's basically like, if you like, you're taking it too personally, you have to have some separation between the well you do so that you can mindfully advocate for it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, that goes with relationships too. You can't be too emotionally involved in your relationships.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Oh, preach, tell me more about this. You really can't.
Speaker 3: I mean no, we're all comedians. We all every comedian treats relationships the same way. I think how I don't know, we're all sort of like your material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't come to close the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah I like that. Yeah, I mean that's that's certainly what I do. I like attention, but not too much.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I only like attention when I like it, Like, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: All you don't want it. Yeah, it's like nails on a chalkboard.
Speaker 1: I really, I'm like when I'm on stage or when I'm along with my partner, other than that, like, no, I don't want any of the people are saying partner now sometimes yeah, oh shit, we kind of stole that from I don't.
Speaker 3: I do not care because I always thought it was kind of like I remember, like my friends they were lesbians, and she's like, this is my partner.
Speaker 1: Must always be like yeah, like I would mainly hear it.
Speaker 3: And then I thought it was more like moving in the direction of like boyfriend girlfriend, And now all straight people were like, yeah, this is my partner because they're trying not to offend anyone by having sexual preference.
Speaker 2: I guess, oh no, it's not.
Speaker 1: I think it's also just like as you get older, just saying boyfriend sounds very jewvenile.
Speaker 2: I think that's more. That's New York.
Speaker 3: This is never never Land. Oh yeah, I've honestly, whatever age you moved to New York, that's the age you are. For the restaurant fiction.
Speaker 2: I started math where I moved to New York.
Speaker 3: Bob the Dragmen hasn't Sorry, Bob, I'm using all your jokes, Bob is a joke where he's like grown gay men in their pictures, like, I have a boy coming over tonight. He's like, you're fifty. Yeah, he's not a boy, he's forty six. Yeah, but it is. It's just like also the fact that like a lot of people have less kids here, there's a lot less like nothing more fun. Traditionally, we're just having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have, we do have more fun. Well, speaking of boys, you married a boy, a man. You married a man. I married a man. You married a man. Since last time we had you on the show, the last.
Speaker 3: One was on this show. I think was like a while ten years ago.
Speaker 2: You were on the first episode.
Speaker 3: It was probably it was in your part, your part thirty.
Speaker 2: Fourth Yeah, yeah, on fourth Street. Yeah, that was a good one. Were we downstairs or upstairs?
Speaker 3: Downstairs?
Speaker 1: Oh okay yeah yeah yeah. So that was before o G Yeah, way back. Yeah, so that was before Plug moved out. Yep, yeah, that was a long time ago. Yeah, so you're yeah, So you got married and I went to your I went to your a little celebration.
Speaker 3: I tell you, when I saw you, I was so exhausted that I realized after you left, I didn't even give you a proper hug high and it's plagued me since. Oh my god, but I was so there was so much happening that at one point I just like kind of just sat there. I think I came up to say hi to Colin and I was like, I think I'm just gonna here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my cousins from Italy were there, and I was like, I'll just not move now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it does seem like the most hiring day of one's life.
Speaker 6: No, we did.
Speaker 3: We did a city hall wedding, which is the closest you can get to getting married in jail.
Speaker 2: And because you.
Speaker 3: Show up, I mean most weddings you like walk through you know, lavender and flowers and doves going through a metal detector. That's so fun. And oh the number they gave us. And I'm not making this up for a joke. I swear to god, yes, they never think of us a sixty nine because it's like you're at a deli, you pull a number. Yeah, sixty nine. We haven't framed on our walk.
Speaker 2: Oh that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Did you get to pick the person that did somebody say something or you just got paperwork?
Speaker 3: We had a woman's So first of all, you sit down and you wait for you to be called like the DMV and when and when you're gay and you're number sixty nine, everyone's like are they kidding? And we go in so you can have two witnesses, and then the judge right, and then us. So it was Liz from the cellar, my mom, and then the judge one eater from the Bronx. We were probably her eighteenth wedding that day, and my mom on the phone on a zoom had all of Rodrigo's family from Mexico and none of them on you to themselves. Oh no, so the sound of our wedding, I mean it was the closest thing to be getting married in Arby's. But like the like our wedding was one need to being like Doyo, Matteo, take Rodrigo to take your lot a full wedded husband. And in the background is here I think, give me like so much sound?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Uh, I would want people to like wheel me around like it's weekend of Bernie's at my wedding day because it's just so much there's so much stimulus.
Speaker 3: Well, we also get enough attention.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's usually when someone not in entertainment is getting married. That's a big event for them in the family, and they're nervous because they're not used to that kind of attention.
Speaker 2: I never thought about it.
Speaker 3: We're like it's enough, Yeah, yeah, it's enough that I don't even tell my birthday and like it's yeah enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not even the.
Speaker 1: Kind of attention you like, because it's not for your like art or your talent. It's just for doing something that you know anyone can do it. So it feels like less special attention.
Speaker 3: You feel we didn't earn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love each other exactly, Like I didn't even do a trick?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sometimes when I get on stage and the they won't stop clapping, I go, I haven't done anything yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I told it from Barbaris Streis.
Speaker 3: She did a concert and Central Park for two hundred thousand people in the sixties and they wouldn't stop clapping. She goes, I didn't do nothing yet.
Speaker 1: I love she's so sweet cut. I have like a list of like kind of Cosmo level questions.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to answer these.
Speaker 1: What's the behavior you used to do in relationships that you now realize it's toxic ooh, or you can pick one that you're still doing and you're not looking to check.
Speaker 3: That's a longer list. I think. I think, like I'm trying to think of my first relationship, second relationship. I think now I can be a little more vulnerable, you know what I'm saying. The first relationship, you're nervous. You're trying to put on this fantasy of who you think you should be for that person, and all you end up doing is upsetting yourself and resenting yourself, and then that turns into resenting them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so I bet you in this jail that you also put yourself in.
Speaker 3: That's right. Also then when they drink too much, So yeah, I would say that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting too though, because I as being you know, in this profession, we were super vulnerable, but I also have trouble being vulnerable in relationships. Yet I'll, you know, talk about how the interior of my vagina looks no problem on stage on camera.
Speaker 2: What's what do you think about the reward?
Speaker 3: It's the risk reward, And so there's there's more risk in a relationship to be vulnerable with someone. And because we're always afraid of rejection, where when you're on stage you're like, well, I've got we're in charge. Yeah, there's not really a talk back unless they're Heckler's in Omaha, Nebraska, and they sit in the front row and they spend extra money just to talk the entire goddamn.
Speaker 2: Time, Higher time, come on.
Speaker 3: They finally got kicked out to each other and me. At one point I leaned down. There's like two thousand people and I'm like, Hi, I'm sorry, there is a show happening, and she goes I was saying, you're hot, and I said, well, I'll disappoint you later. And then they came and took her out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well been at our comedy store show. Just had to put her foot.
Speaker 3: Is that not so disrespectful?
Speaker 1: That's been happening a lot relently didn't think it was.
Speaker 4: WHOA.
Speaker 2: We brought her on stage for a segment.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that looks like you had an exorcism?
Speaker 3: Did you swell too much? Come?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah around stage and she was cool, and I'm like, this is confusing.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she also I think she's one of those people who test boundaries. Because I had to pretty sternly tell her that I wasn't fucking with her and to get the boots off the stage.
Speaker 2: She never got him off though, No, she ultimately did.
Speaker 3: Was kind of psychos testing boundaries at a show that's not yours, Like what kind of narcissist you have to be?
Speaker 2: She's definitely won that.
Speaker 3: Well, there are, because there are. Like, for example, one time I was at the Cellar, you know, at the like comedy clubs in New York. You're doing the same material every single night because you're working it out. Yeah, So I was doing a show and some woman yelled, she goes, I heard this last night, do another joke.
Speaker 2: Oh, like you're a juke right.
Speaker 3: So then I said, I said, okay, everyone, let me just explain something. Everyone look at her. So everyone looked at I said, this is a narcissist. There's three hundred people in the room and this person decided to take it upon themselves to tell me what I have to do, and this is the show. So then I went in on her.
Speaker 2: That's great, but that is a narcissist. Yeah, yeah, you're not lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Heckler's just don't just don't heckle. Also, don't go to a comedy club, a comedy show and drugs like yeah, don't don't.
Speaker 2: Don't get drunk because that makes it fun for nobody. And I don't know what it is with people doing cocaine coming to comedy shows.
Speaker 3: Is that an issue?
Speaker 2: Well, it's got like on the road a lot of cocaine. Really, yes, And I'm like, r is it?
Speaker 3: I've never done it.
Speaker 1: I feel like people, I feel like there and all the more people want to play Russian Rolette. It's very weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm too, frair. The only drug I've ever done ever is molly twice. That's it.
Speaker 2: Really. I don't even do that any driving. That's what even for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms are not really.
Speaker 3: Too I know. I was talking to whom I talking to about mushrooms with someone's like, you should just try them like.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: It'd be fun, we could, you know, Like, but I'd have to do it with like a group of people that I love and trust.
Speaker 1: Yes, But also, if you're feeling good about life, you don't need to do drug like you don't like people are like you gotta try this, you don't.
Speaker 4: But the things like I don't have.
Speaker 3: Time I barely have time to do laundry, don't I gonna have time to sit in the park for four hours and watch the trees melts.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree.
Speaker 3: Also, I was thinking about this and I was saying, so, I have synesthesia. I don't know if you guys know what that is.
Speaker 2: You hear colors.
Speaker 3: I see color with numbers and letters like sometimes music, And so I think my brain is so like oddly like always kind of like there's like a secondary mushrooms, right, I have always on mushrooms.
Speaker 2: So when you you see color in what exactly in numbers.
Speaker 3: In numbers and letters like on air, it's like it goes white, purple, yellow, white, red.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Well, that's so cool? Is this that you realize that? Bicker? Yeah, when did you realize you had it?
Speaker 3: When I was sev eighteen? Because I mean I just always well, I mean I always thought that way, but you don't speak up about it. And then one day I was listening to music in uh school at essay, I see, I was painting, and I because this one song kept like bringing up all these different colors, and so I said at lunch, and like, you guys listen to music and you see color, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy, and my friend, uh, Ernest goes, oh, that's called synesthesia, mateo. And then I looked it up and then I took a part of this synesthesia test with researchers and I got a ninety nine percent.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I sailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for just for color graph, I think, is what it's called.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: So your main so you experience it in that letters and numbers are colors, and music is colors.
Speaker 3: Some music, some instruments are brighter than others, for sure.
Speaker 2: Do you see the color with your eye or with your mind's eye?
Speaker 3: It's like here, like in front of you, Like I don't know how to describe it.
Speaker 2: Like colored glasses, you know when you were like orange sunglasses, like that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Okay, think of it like it's like looking at me, and then think of a really red tomato. Okay, okay, so that's like the kind of closest I can like like picture it. But imagine that that happening and it has its own little atmosphere. Imagine that happening without even trying, like it just happens unprovoked reading WHOA, So it's like my name starts red and ends white.
Speaker 2: It feels very distracting.
Speaker 3: Well that's why adhd yes.
Speaker 1: Maybe not, but if you've always its like you've always had it. So it's just like a part of how.
Speaker 3: You think days of the weeks are colors cool and colors Monday Monday, Well, Monday's a red, but then Tuesday's like light blue, Wednesdays like dark purple, Thursday is dark orange, Friday's bright orange, Saturday is like a darker purple, Sunday is like a lighter purple cool.
Speaker 2: And this never changes.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was a kid because I remember asking my mom to play the orange song when I was little and it was Barbari Streis and it don't rein in my parade. And I still see the same colors to this day when I.
Speaker 2: Listen to That's interesting that it stays consistent for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really cool. And I've only met one other person that has it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never met anybody now.
Speaker 3: His name is Frank. We went to school together and we had a lot in common drawing musical.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's why you're so artistic? Because you're such a good drawer and animator. I'm sure it.
Speaker 3: Helps, but I think I just am artistic. But I think if you took it away from me, I'd be way more like observant of like what where it falls into place and how it affects my life.
Speaker 2: But it's so normal to me.
Speaker 3: The I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah, but I've met one other person that has its show.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. I see. These are good questions.
Speaker 1: What was the moment you just knew you had to break up with them in your last relationships, let's say, or like or like a major moment.
Speaker 3: I think when I think when your chest hurts just thinking about them being near them. Yeah, like that kind of like pain. Yeah, that was my last relationship. Yeah, where you're like, oh, that's not.
Speaker 2: One thing I realized.
Speaker 1: Uh, before I have sex with somebody that I'm about to like fall for, I get a very specific feeling, not in my vagina or anything like that, but like in my stomach, like below my belly button that I only ever get right before I have sex, or when I think about having sex with somebody I've never slept with before that I'm like, we are going to be together for a long time, or I'm just got very intense feelings for you.
Speaker 3: Your vagina has a sixth sense.
Speaker 2: It's it's not my vagina though, it's like my stomach, Like, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's like we're really trying to make it.
Speaker 2: At your own.
Speaker 1: It's like a you know, like a pit in your stomach. It's like that, but it's very specific.
Speaker 3: I will say I had that with my last boyfriend and my current husband, where like you meet them and like you're just like, oh, this person's going to be my.
Speaker 2: Life for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like so now I not it's there. I use it as a metal detectors, just like intuition. I yeah, I guess, but I only interested in when it comes here sure, right below my button, inside my stomach. And it's only when I think about sleeping with somebody that I have not slept with that I know what chakras, the sacral okay okay, l a, what chakra henry centers of the body, and they're really really I have this attitude about everything too, But I don't know. I just was like convinced, convinced a little bit more that this stuff has a more meaning.
Speaker 3: That we find. Well, that kind of stuff like your chakras are aligned. Even even if it's not science at least it's trying to explain to like balance your life. Like the messaging behind it is balance your life. I'm a Capricorn and I'm reading in the back of Star magazine what my Wednesday is going to be? Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, getting it. Getting your horoscope in the back of a magazine is discussed.
Speaker 3: Oh, Star magazine by the Gatti mother. Oh she used to do it. Oh yeahs used to get start magazines. And I take a black front marker and make everyone's face Michael Jackson, That's how I spent my childhood. How was yours?
Speaker 2: A lot of tears? Very beautiful? Let's see, I have a couple here, have you out? Well?
Speaker 1: This may be more personal, ques like, have you ever had a spark die in a relationship and you revived it? Mm?
Speaker 3: Can friendships count?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in a relationships usually when the spark dies, everyone kind of like packs their bags, right. I like my last boyfriend, there was a huge spark in the beginning and it was just so intense and then like I never I think I was like almost like a heron attic, like chasing that high.
Speaker 2: I couldn't quite get back.
Speaker 1: To it only sexual or it was just like an all all, all in all encapsulating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you still talk to the person you had the best sex with? I do not.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah, and if he didn't do laundry, I'm gonna be furious.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm see in this situation because he's got to just thick Spanish. Actually, right, right, right right, mex.
Speaker 1: You did marry the person that you've had the best sex with. I feel like that's actually really rare.
Speaker 2: That's rare.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, wow, because.
Speaker 1: Usually when you have the best sex ever with somebody, you're like, this is way too toxic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I do understand that sentiment deeply.
Speaker 6: How long? Wait?
Speaker 1: How long were you dating before you got engaged slash married?
Speaker 3: We started talking end of February and by that by August got married.
Speaker 2: Wow lesbian speed?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, my wife and I like to make her own water.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was it like? What you always move fast in relationships?
Speaker 6: I go to bed at five pm because I have six cats, take care of Jules, Sydney, Tracy, Tracy, Katie Lane, Melissa cats, and we wake up at threem to feed the chickens.
Speaker 2: What's a non sexual thing that turns you on?
Speaker 3: A non sexual thing that turns me on? Maybe just someone's walk. M Yeah, have you got like a confident walk? My Chicagoy accident, You've a confident I remember watching hollow Man years ago, which is an awful film starting Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hollow Man. Awful, awful, awful, but good, but like a good awful you know.
Speaker 3: Kevin Bacon was walking, said I've always liked his walk, and I thought, so Now. I always like, in my head, I didn't really have a good walk, have you I'll have a good walk.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've never had a good walk in my life.
Speaker 1: When I have a good walk, I feel like I lock into it and I'm like, oh, oh oh, yes you.
Speaker 3: Did you learn it at the mall when you first got your breast?
Speaker 1: Honestly, yes, yes, that was a great walk. Oh so horny when I did that, I so horny I've ever been.
Speaker 3: I just love the idea of you. You have to say that on stage, that's yeah. Yeah, I tried to get molested by a teacher. What's the most caring thing a partner's ever done for you?
Speaker 2: The laundry good.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding honestly, stuff like that, like if I come home, Yes, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Say I love language. Is that how you like to be loved.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I believe in love languages, but I think definitely something that I I I rarely ask for help, so I have a difficult time receiving help because I think I'm I'll figure it out myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hyper independent.
Speaker 3: I am very hard. It's a kind of a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a big problem though.
Speaker 3: Again, but no, if I come home, it's like, let's say I was in Boston. I had seven shows in Boston. I'm there for a week. You're exhausted. I mean, your body is literally falling apart from People don't understand how hard it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even be like I'm a firefighter.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying risky, it's dangerous.
Speaker 3: There's lots of cats involved. You're exerting so much energy, and you want each show to be as good as the next show. So when you come home, if I come home and the house is spotless, I'm like, oh god, this is and I didn't ask.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because you're exerting energy, but you're also taking in the weight of everybody else's energy. Doing a show for that amount of people when they're all there to see you versus doing a show when they're there to see a smattering of people is a completely.
Speaker 3: Different pressure on top of you.
Speaker 1: Everyone's there, they're looking at the hanging on everything you say, and it's a lot, and.
Speaker 3: You don't want to disappoint. I want the turning customers. I want them to go home and say, it was worth it to get the baby babysit or microp but it was worth it for like the money, it was worth it to get out here. Yes, So I I really work hard on stage to give them all I got.
Speaker 1: And you have to, Yeah, you have to, Like a camel with water, you just have to like save your energy and like keep it on a shelf and not utilize it. Wait second, I want to go back to this really fast engagement. I'm obsessed with us because I just want to talk about, like how to navigate when you get married that quickly?
Speaker 3: Or do you want to get a couple's therapists? Yeah, that's serious. Get a couple of therapists. You can learn how to like communicate to each other. Yeah, and you need a mediator sometimes in the beginning just kind of like figure out what is each other's buttons. Buttons we're pushing and.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you can't tell see the forest of the trees, and like is this my security speaking or do it like you?
Speaker 2: It's like things can get muddy very quickly.
Speaker 3: Very quickly, because you're also still you're coming out of the phase of like presenting yourself in the best light, and now suddenly you're living with each other.
Speaker 2: So you're like, oh boy, you have to like smell your shit. So I'm like, okay, okay, have you have you lived with someone before?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: See, okay, Oh shit, it's a whole It's so.
Speaker 1: Talk about how to change because I've never lived with someone, and the thought of it, just since Shiver's done it is.
Speaker 3: I've discovered that it's okay to ask for time alone and that doesn't mean you're rejecting the other person. But we exert a lot of energy and we have a lot of people wanting our attention, and so there are for me. The way I recharge is not sitting with friends, and it is literally being alone. That's how I recharge. And Michelle Wolf said this to me once years ago. And I always think about it. She was like, she was talking about a breakup she was going through, and she goes, something, you know, being alone is so important to her, And I was like why, and she goes, because sometimes you just need to let.
Speaker 2: Your mind wander.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I was like, I've always sort of related to that. It's very true. So am I recharging? Is like after I'm on you know, three planes, five thousand people, four hotels, da, da, da, I want to sit on my couch and do nothing. That's what I want to do. And I want to kind of and I don't want because because what the problem is what happens is that even if someone isn't draining your energy, right, they just want to be around you. Your brain at that moment is taking that on as another responsibility. Sure, And I have a real hard time with the amount of responsibilities that I have, and I'm always trying to sort of knock it down so that way I don't feel overwhelmed. So I will say even like like rod Rigo knows, he's like sometimes like I'll come home from a long weekend and he'll have the house clean. He'll be like, you know, I'll see you in an hour, I'll bring lunch or whatever, and.
Speaker 2: It's like love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it allows me to come home, settle down. I don't have to talk. I can and then when he comes home, we can have dinner together and I can slowly seep back into my normal life.
Speaker 1: I like that you said that because it truly doesn't matter what type of person your partner is. It doesn't matter like it just having another human being in the same apartment as you.
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: It feels like a responsibility. Yes, you have to, even if you're in the other room with the door closed. No, I still feel now, I feel you over there, like I don't want to I don't want to know. And it's not like the person doesn't have to be the person could be the best person to be around ever, So relaxing doesn't ask anything of you. But it's like, no, I need to be the only human I don't want to have.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about you. I don't want to think about anything.
Speaker 3: Right, And it's not like you said, it's not like I'm doing this to hurt your feelings or to reject you. I'm doing it because this is just how I recharge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put your mask on you first, and then you can fucking address everything else after that. Because people often say, like I just love having someone to come home to.
Speaker 2: I go, I've never gotten home.
Speaker 1: That's like the worst part of a relationship, like coming home to somebody. Yeah, I love coming home to an empty house. Well, the thing is, I love coming home to a dog. Though, Like my as I'm approaching when when I'm getting off a plane where I'm in the taxi home from JFK or whatever, and I'm approaching my house, I literally get so excited at the thought of like seeing my.
Speaker 2: Dog, like I like or if he's at the like the dog sitter's house.
Speaker 1: Like I get a rush. I'll like run to pick him up, like physically run. I get so so excited. I've never felt that way.
Speaker 2: It's because the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't talk, they don't ask anythingish be fed, and he's taken out. But I just don't need you so excited. Well, he you know, he'll he'll do zoomis when I show up.
Speaker 3: It's time of mine is. Don't if you have something that basically, if you're going to pick a fight, do not do it. When I'm working, do not do it. Don't disturb my energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Day the show, because maybe it needs something to you. But there's five thousand people who ticket and let's not fuck it up for them. Yeah, so everything needs to wait till another time. But Rodrio was super respectful and he's very that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: That's a partner that gets it where you don't have to like explain yourself, like that's so annoying. Well, I think that we're wrapped up. That's the time we have. Would you do you have anything? What would you like to promote?
Speaker 3: I have a podcast with Nick Smith called I Never Liked You. It's fifteen minutes and fifteen minutes only because that's all we can bear with each other. And it's on YouTube and anywhere you can get Spotify, uh, Spotify, iTunes where we get.
Speaker 2: Podcasts yay, and then go see the tail live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, material in comedy dot com. Well, thank you so much for thanks with us.
Speaker 2: You know you're busy, guys, very fun. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This has been Guys, we fucked the anti slut shreaming podcast. We'll talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 2: Guys, we Fucked is presented by Luminary.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Cosparelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cosin Stuck my wet ass Pussy.
Speaker 2: Christina SAIDs to cut that before, but now it's in there. Yeah, let's keep it because.
Speaker 5: If you see me old, then I'm luck. You shall jot You.
Speaker 6: Don't kid.
Speaker 3: Joy, Fine, you're sleeping.
Speaker 2: Got.
Speaker 1: You cheating? Jumping jack.
Speaker 2: To the way, SI.
Speaker 5: Still n because lest.
Speaker 1: The sun
Speaker 3: Just you ta