Speaker 1: Hello puzzlers, and welcome to the Puzzler Weekend. From time to time we'll bring you some of our favorite episodes for your weekend listening. Today, in honor of the Oscars, we have a movie themed puzzle with one of our favorite guests, Stuff you Should Knows, Chuck Bryant. And maybe you've heard this episode already, or maybe it's new to you. Either way, I hope you are not just entertained, but somehow reborn, and that if you miss the answer, somehow the heartbreak feels good in a puzzle like this, And I hope these puzzles feel perfect and powerful, because at the Puzzler they are. And we'll be back on Monday with more puzzling puzzles. Enjoy. Hello puzzlers, Welcome to the Puzzler Podcast the Extra Strength Cortizone ten for your daily puzzle ITCHI I am your host, AJ Jacobs, and I am here with our guest, the delightful Chuck Bryant, co host of Stuff You Should Know right here on iHeart and my podcast, Hero Chuck.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Thanks AJ boy. Those intros you're getting me with those, there's a great you're tearing up. Yeah, I love them. Okay, well, court.
Speaker 1: Zone, Oh those intros, I thought you meant yeah, I said, oh, well that's nice, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well that was that was touching as well, But no, I love your clever intros. These are great. Gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right? So Chuck, we have another movie puzzle for you today, since we know you're right movie buffs, that's right, and your favorite movie. I just looked up his Jaws. Is that still true? Is it still number one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it's one of those things where it's kind of hard to pick a favorite, as you know, but Jaws is a movie I can watch anytime and really really still enjoy. So it's it's up there.
Speaker 1: Excellent. All right. So this puzzle has nothing to do with Jaws, but it is called name that title drop. And you've okay, you probably heard the phrase title drop, which is when a character says the title of a movie during the movie itself.
Speaker 2: So like you want to know something, AJ I did not know that's what that was called.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I feel this is exciting stuff should stuff?
Speaker 2: You should know?
Speaker 1: This is exciting like that. My kids taught it to me, so maybe it's just like for the youngsters. But let me give you an example. Of a title drop. One of the more famous ones was when Doc Brown tells Michael J. Fawx next Saturday night, we're sending.
Speaker 2: You back to the future exactly. So that's I thought you were going to say, like in uh al Pacino when he said I'm the Godfather. Oh well yeah, oh no, wait he never said that.
Speaker 1: Did he never say that?
Speaker 2: No, of course not. I was just kidding.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, it sounded so real because your al Pacino impression is so working. Yeah, a new dad moseltof to al by the way, eighty three.
Speaker 2: Years old, I guess.
Speaker 1: Huh. All right, So for this quiz, we're going to play you a clip from some movies and we've actually bleeped out the title drop, so you have to tell. And we didn't quite bleep them out. We decided I would say the phrase title drop where the movie is because I wanted to express my acting chops like you with al Pacina. All right, So your job is to figure out what the movie is. This one is one of the more famous ones. So the first title drop is you do not talk about title drop?
Speaker 2: Oh that's wonderful. It needs to be mixed in with some DM music or something.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I'm so.
Speaker 2: That's that's fight Club exactly.
Speaker 1: Fight Club.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: All right, this one's a little tougher. Okay, Jody, let's play my my brilliant acting on this one.
Speaker 2: We're going to.
Speaker 1: Live on, We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our title drop.
Speaker 2: I believe that is Independence Day, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it. Side note. My reaction when I saw that is like, if the aliens were smart, they would not attack New York City on July fourth because all of the powerful rich people are away, like in the Hamptons or Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, they should attack the Hamptons exactly. All right.
Speaker 1: Next is this happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time top five just as a hint, since I know you know all of my tastes. How happy is the bla this vessel's lot, the world forgetting by the world forgot title drop, title drop, each prayer accepted and each wish resigned.
Speaker 2: That's just so great. I have no idea on this one.
Speaker 1: Oh good, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm actually and I don't know. It's not something you can probably figure out.
Speaker 1: Like, well, no, I'm going to walk you through it because it okay, all right. Well, first of all, I said title drop, title drop, because it is a long title. I could have even gone three title drops.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: The character is quoting a poem by Alexander Pope and the last word rhymes with resigned, which was the last word.
Speaker 2: She said, last word and designed or resigned.
Speaker 1: Resigned, So ined Jim Carrey. What is this movie?
Speaker 2: Uh? Man, you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because it's one of my favorite movies. And I always forget the title.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, when the brain starts to go south, Now I can't Kate Winslet eternal Sunshine in the Spotless Mind.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you got it all. Two more. I want to end with two welcome twos, okay, because that's like a classic title drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can think of a few already.
Speaker 1: Oh really, well you might have this one. All right. So our first welcome too is doctor gr My dear doctor, such welcome title drop. Thank you for appreciating my.
Speaker 2: I could do this all day. That is Attenborough welcoming people to Jurassic Park, right exactly.
Speaker 1: That is it. Ari one more and this one I actually would not have gotten, but I wanted another welcome to so uh maybe you know you you know, more.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain's making. I have the only gun on board.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the title drop.
Speaker 2: I don't recognize that.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one. I agree that was well if you can't tell, that was my John Malkovich impression.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not welcome to the dollhouse. I'm going through my welcome to list.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good John. Did they actually title drop in welcome to the No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't think so. Welcome to he's.
Speaker 1: Saying welcome to. Well, this is your captain speaking. So when would a captain be speaking on.
Speaker 2: An airplane flight?
Speaker 1: Probably right, exactly a pilot he played. I think he was the villain.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh uh, con.
Speaker 1: Air exactly, Welcome to con Air.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay. I saw that one once back then when it was out. Not high on my radar, but yeah, good one.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Chuck. That was super fun and thank you for letting me express my my theatrical talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you having me on title drop.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, And feel free to title drop your own show too. Where can people find and listen to more of you.
Speaker 2: At title drop? You should know or my movie show where I interview people about their favorite movie that was called title Drop as well.
Speaker 1: And just to try, I'll close the loop for people, Stuff you should know and movie crush. Those are the answers, right, all right? We do have one an extra credit for puzzlers at home. Well, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. You think we'll do it.
Speaker 1: We got a Tony in the family title Drop, do you know?
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, I think I've got that one. But that's just keep sending me these randomly.
Speaker 1: Please well it sounds like a spinoff. It sounds I'm excited. Yeah, And puzzlers, please don't forget to subscribe to The Puzzler and visit our BrandNew website, The puzzler dot com and I'll meet you here tomorrow for more puzzling puzzles that will puzzle you puzzlingly