Speaker 1: Today versus a little treat for you this weekend. You know, one of our very exclusive podcast things. You can't get this on the radio show. It's only here that you can listen to. Of course, the trivia game that pits the generations against each other and it is hot is actually I am something is wrong and studio is broken in the opposite way. We're at seventy six right now. It wasn't a lie on the pit. All right, here we go. We're going to start today and it'll be Alexis's turn to be answering the questions, of course, representing gen Z and I am in love with this first question that I.
Speaker 2: Came up with you for.
Speaker 1: I said it, Are you ready sure? Because this is seriously Alexis the bomb dot com? Oh god, okay, smile uncomfortable. I want everybody in here to raise the roof. Doone dot com was popular because the Internet was new at the time. Are you with me? My dogs? Oh wow? This first question is simple. It's hell a simple lesson. I'm gonna give you some nineties slang phrases, okay, and all you have to do is correctly use them in any sentence you come up with. Does that make sense. Yeah, yeah, you and if you use it correctly, you're gonna hear this sounder. Oh yeah. If you mess it up, you're gonna hear this as if. Oh yeah, right, are you ready? Alexis so yeah? Okay. Your first ninety slang to use correctly in a sentence, Let's bounce. Oh I know this.
Speaker 2: It's like I think it's like late, like we're going to Brooks House for a barbecue. Jose, never mind, let's balance.
Speaker 1: It's bad, okay. At one point on the board again, I'm only slightly insulted. You never Yeah, we will bounce. The next nineties slang phrase to use it a sentence, I'm totally bugging.
Speaker 2: Oh bugging. I'm like you got wide eyes. You're when I get drunk. Oh my god, when I get drunk, I get drunk eyes and those things are big.
Speaker 1: I'm bugging when I am out. That's no, it's like instead of freaking out, like this game is so good, I'm totally bugging. Yeah, Saturday Night. Your next one you've already has an example of boo yall.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like I'm getting this question right, Boo y'all, y'allah.
Speaker 1: It's literally an exclamation point to exclamate anything. My husband still uses this, Yes, and we have one of our best friends is from Guatemala and in English is his second language. And he was like, what is boy? Like? That doesn't make any sense. So Michael was explaining it to him. He's like, no, He's like, that's ridiculous. I still used from here on out, catcha boom. Totcha boom is what we now use in our families. Oh I like that totcha boom. My dad would do wise as jays. All right, your last nineties slang phrase to use in a sentence. All that and a bag of chips? What okay, it's not a literal grocery starter because you're always grabbing them at checkout. It's like, right, all that and a bag of chips.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be like a good thing, right, Like I hold your weekend is all that and a bag of chip? All right?
Speaker 1: Points were an a lexus. They can't see me, but I feel like you're gonna move your arm. It's it's something better than the best, you know, yeah, yeah, better than the best. And I gotta say, you now have some phrases to use this weekend when you're out partying with your friends? Yes, definitely as if. Okay, next question for today versus back in the day? This one, I think I don't know. It's gonna be maybe a little tricky. So a famous duo got their start as a cable access TV show from Aurora, Illinois. They broadcast from the Campbell's family basement. What was their show called This Isn't a Murder Show from this one's basement? Why am I? I am going to give you multiple choice? Okay? Okay? Was the show called maul Rats? Okay? Was the show called Dazed and Confused? Was the show called Wayne's World? Or was it too Broke Guys? Wow? Okay? Options?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jason confused. I know it's the movie, So I'm like, can you steal it? Because you would also just be really.
Speaker 1: High in your basement all day, you know. But isn't that what Wayne's World? Are they high on Wayne's World? They never because it was so old, so they never had, but they were very near. Yeah, you've never seen it. I'm gonna go with Wayne's World? Was she correct? O? Yahay? The audio? Yeah, it started as an SNL skit and then it later morphed into a movie of course it was Mike Myers as Wayne Campbell and Dana Carvey. Is so good. Yeah, okay, you haven't seen it? No, I feel like that could be a really good gen Z versus classic movie. It's funny, so good. Know the original one had Chris Barley and O'Neill had of the other girl. He was a bad guy, Tia Carrera. Remember she was the hottest thing. You are never Hawaiians in the world ever. Okay, follow her too closely?
Speaker 3: Alright, alright, I watched the watch and our last question of the day, oh man, our own little songbird. Young Jeffrey often gets compared to weird al Yankovic.
Speaker 1: Yes, legend, Yeah, and a little insider knowledge. A lot of people don't realize Weird Owl started in radio on a show that Jeff's mom actually worked for. Is the Doctor Demento Show? So totally totally nepotism? Am I right? Okay? So, but Weird Owl's fame and success like it has had the longest. Do you know that he had his first radio hit in nineteen eighty two. It was a song that he a parody, He did I Love Rocky Road instead of I Love rock and Roll, And since then he's sold over twelve million records. That is insane to me. I bet you think I dam oh man so Alexis. I'm gonna read you a list of song titles and all you have to do is tell me which one is not a real weird al song? Oh, okay, okay, what would enter Jeff name a song? Yeah? Okay, here we go. Is it a bedrock anthem? Oh, b Amish paradise ce smells like teen Spirit? Okay? Or d pretty fly for a Rabbi? Wow? He really sang about. Yes, these were all parodies that were often getting radio plays.
Speaker 2: See the thing is, Jeff asks us for song ideas and then hates on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm gonna suggest Amish rabbi and stuff next week for.
Speaker 1: Jeff because big out, more religious angle anthem. Jeff hasn't done that one. Yes, I feel like maybe I learned something forever ago in this game.
Speaker 2: I remember I learned the song smells like teen Spirit wasn't a Britney Spears song, but it was like an old band or something song that's famous.
Speaker 1: You were so close to make you be proud, or you would have just stopped talking.
Speaker 2: I remember the band, but I remember it was a real song name cauld. I imagine Britney spears like a cheerleader outfit doing it. So I think that that's the fake one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's true. Yeah, it's Nirvana Alexis. That is a Nirvana song legend. Yeah, and this is a weird Now song. Oh listening, my god, there's more. Wow. Well, I thought it was funny when it first came out, but the news because I was like a loving make jeff famous. Everybody, there you go, there, you go, all right, Today bus is back in the day, right we're putting Wayne's World up on the pole. Of course, if you're on Spotify you can comment there for sure, and if you're not on Spotify, you can comment on our instas. That is always at Brook and Jeffrey. Thank you so much for being here on the weekend with us. We're spending some time here and we'll be back Monday with a brand new show. Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.