Speaker 1: Where could it be? What are you looking for?
Speaker 2: Elliott?
Speaker 1: My jar of cookies.
Speaker 3: I loved them on the kitchen cars and now they're gone.
Speaker 2: It's like they disappeared in the thin air. That's strange.
Speaker 1: Did any of you eat my cookies?
Speaker 4: Not me?
Speaker 1: I didn't eat them. Hmm.
Speaker 5: What could have happened to the cookie jar?
Speaker 1: Sounds like a big mystery to me.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids. This Women's History Month, we're embarking on a dual mission, finding Elliot's missing cookie jar and unveiling the story of a woman who changed the course of history. Let's begin our detective adventure. Every mystery needs a detective.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love mysteries in detective stories, me too.
Speaker 2: Like Sherlock Holmes, he is the best detective of all.
Speaker 6: Sherlock Holmes is a great fictional detective. He was created by a writer named Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Speaker 4: Are very detectives in real life?
Speaker 6: Oh yes. In fact, one of the most famous detectives was Kate warn She was the first female detective in the United States.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Cool, I didn't know there were girl detectives.
Speaker 5: Well back in the day.
Speaker 6: It was much harder for women to become detectives, but Kate Warren changed all of that.
Speaker 1: Well, how did she become a detective?
Speaker 5: Great question?
Speaker 6: When she applied to the Pinkerton Detective Agency in eighteen fifty six, women were not expected to work as detectives, so everyone thought she was applying for a second dairy position. But she convinced them to hire her as a detective.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: She must have been really smart. Yes, it's really cool. But you know my cookies are still missing.
Speaker 4: Well, if Cake can be a detective, I can't.
Speaker 5: Do That's right, Cowie, you sure can.
Speaker 4: I'll help you solve this mystery. Elliott, yay, thanks Callie.
Speaker 3: Where do we start with my magnified glass.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the place where the cookies were last scene.
Speaker 1: The kitchen.
Speaker 4: Well, there definitely aren't any cookies here, but look what is it?
Speaker 1: My magnified glass is show me that they're crows on the ground. Oh, I see them. Follow the trail.
Speaker 6: Okay, everyone, let's follow Cowie.
Speaker 1: Well the cookie stop here.
Speaker 4: Let's the dining table.
Speaker 1: Aha, Lord Elliott, there's a note on the table.
Speaker 4: Someone must have taken your cookie jar and left the clue.
Speaker 1: Who take my cookie jar? We'll read what the note says?
Speaker 3: Hmm okay, it says where books rest?
Speaker 2: Fritz Nest What could that mean? Where do books rest?
Speaker 1: LINGO?
Speaker 5: Kids, listeners? Can you think of any ideas.
Speaker 1: The bookshelf?
Speaker 5: What's a fair great thinking?
Speaker 1: But what are we even looking for?
Speaker 2: Maybe a mother clue, but there are so many books.
Speaker 1: Where do we even start? What would Kate? Do I know? Do we have any detective books?
Speaker 5: Actually, yes, we have a Miss Marble book.
Speaker 1: Who is Miss Marble?
Speaker 5: She's a fictional detective like Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: Miss Marple was created by Agatha Christie, one of the best mystery writers and best selling authors of all time. Many of her stories were about female detectives.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's so cool, just like Kate Warren.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's amazing how women like Kate Warren and Agatha Christique made people realize.
Speaker 5: Both men and women can be detectives.
Speaker 3: You were right, Billy says, there's no inside the Miss Marple book.
Speaker 1: What's to say? It says? The final clue is this, if cookies you want to eat under.
Speaker 4: Your bed, take a peek under your bed, Elliott, let's go take abook.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's something under your bed. It's my cookie jar. And look there's a note with it. Another note.
Speaker 3: Yes, it says every great detective needs a mystery to solve.
Speaker 2: Love Lisa, Lisa, it was you all long.
Speaker 1: You wonder you've been so quiet? Yeah, it was me. But you said you didn't eat my cookies. It's you.
Speaker 5: I didn't eat any of the cookies.
Speaker 1: They're all in the job for you. Why did you hide them?
Speaker 2: I just thought it would be fun to have a mystery to solve. Great job, Kelly, you're a really great detective. Yeah, Kate and this Marble would be proud.
Speaker 1: God. Thanks, that was fun.
Speaker 6: Cookie anyone Lingo kids listeners, thank you for joining us on this exciting detective journey. We solved the mystery of Elliott's missing cookie jar and even learned about Kate Warren, a woman who defied expectations and became a legendary detective. Remember, no matter who you are, you can achieve great things and solve tough mysteries.