Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning, Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j en Vy Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy, we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: He got some special guest with us.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, you got the brother Ryan Johnson and chat Oh Chosing.
Speaker 1: Welcome brother.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to be here. Glad to be glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh so you like a cultural icon in a way?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: You think so? Yeah?
Speaker 1: From from from sports like like you. It's been like this for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I know I never really viewed myself like that. I kind of just enjoy having fun regardless of what atmosphere and put in. I adapted my surroundings and just act accordingly. Yeah, yeah, that's about it. I don't I don't see it like that, though I.
Speaker 1: Need you and Shane, y'all can't be looking at just like that. Though I don't know. It wasn't It was both saying and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's that's my dog. Ye way, many I tried. I directed it and listen, I directed it in the right way.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think Shannon understood or knew about my homie, you know, got you, and so I kind I ain't really indulged in it, but you know we're good. He ain't mean no disrespect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just felt, you know, it felt like I because like like that.
Speaker 4: That's why why you know he said that. I was like, I understand where you're coming from, and I just left it.
Speaker 6: And when and when you left it alone, it was left alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So how was it dealing with Shannon Shaw with all the beef that he's getting in right now.
Speaker 1: It's like he's arguing with everybody.
Speaker 4: It's coming from everywhere. And I told Uncle, I said, this is what we got to do. We can't set a president. Every time somebody say something, y'all get together and apologize. We're gonna have to make an example out of somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Person, we got to make it hear about of somebody. What's gonna happen is people gonna see what damn if he can come at him and just say I'm sorry, then they squash everything. I said, no, that's not gonna happen, because now you see it's starting to be a trickle effect. Everybody got their little jokes. So I'm off papers now probation, right, right right, I be in the streets. I'm like that. So my girl got insured. Something is if anything happened to me. I told I got you. I'm gonna be enforcer.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Griselda had an enforcer, had enforcer for I'm enforcer, and I mean, it's whatever.
Speaker 1: It's uff. But you got to tell him to A lot of that does come.
Speaker 4: With the territory, you know what I'm saying. I think I think you understand that, especially especially playing football, dealing with the media, dealing with the other side. Now being on the other side with the media, I mean, we do it to the players. The players that's playing so all jokes. I think it. I don't think it bothers them because we've we've been in it so long. I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I like the joke.
Speaker 5: You look like you enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want you talking shit about I'm sorry. Yeah, okay, well funk that.
Speaker 1: I love what y'all doing.
Speaker 3: I love seeing all the athletes that are controlling their own platforms from y'all the camp to the to the pivot to all the smoke.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: We need that because you got to understand us as athletes. Remember the mainstream media controlled how we're perceived on the outside. So ESPN and Fox and all those were able to get out to the masses and try to tell them who we really are. Now we've cut out the middleman and we are the voice. We are the voice now. And I think it's dope.
Speaker 2: I think it's really I think I wanted to ask you. We were talking about it the other day, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. You can't here for all business.
Speaker 4: I'm here, I got I got five hours, so I must take you got them Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: So he was released, but he still gets eighty five million. He can play for another team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely. Obviously it's the owners. It's the owners. The owners of the Broncos come in very rich, very wealthy family, but have no understanding of what it takes to build a winning team. And we're gonna winning organization. So you think you get Russell Wilson, you pay them all this money and everything's supposed to at the snapper of finger just turn around. That's not the way it works. You build around him. It takes time to build a winning team. Obviously, in business, what you guys do you fix everything with money? It's not the way it works in the NFL. Especially as an owner if you have an NFL background, you understand that. But listen, you pay all you pay them all this money, you have dead cap. Now you have to pay him what eight eighty five he gets to go to another team and double dip. You get the double dip. But again it's just the owners really not understanding and having like, dude, it takes time to win. You know, Russell Wilson for my NFL two bowl winning quarterback. He's been the multiple playoffs, multiple Pro Bowls. He knows what it takes. You're impatient because you always do everything with money and you try to fix the situation. But NFL is not gonna.
Speaker 1: Work like that.
Speaker 3: It does make me wonder if if Russell was that good in Seattle, was the system that good?
Speaker 4: Russell he was that good, He was that good, and I think I think he was good, especially this past season he was. He was good as well. He showed you he was not. Obviously the first year wasn't as good to be like. But Russell Wilson played, took up the par and they still let him go. And now what you just set everybody back again because you're starting all over again. Who're you gonna Bran?
Speaker 8: There's nobody out there, Ryan, you are the CEO and founder of Community Community Media, Community Media that tell us about that?
Speaker 9: No, for sure and again we excited to be out here, for sure.
Speaker 5: But Community Media.
Speaker 9: We're a media company based in Atlanta, Georgia with the mission to basically amplify black creators, black gamers. And that's actually how we got to link with Chad. Almost about a year ago. We were brought into an opportunity to create an experience at the MLS All Star Game last year that happened in Washington, DC. But what a lot of people haven't realized is that all the professional sports leagues, the MLS, the NFL, and the NBA, they all now have professional gaming.
Speaker 5: Leagues attached to their leagues as well.
Speaker 9: So we were part of the EMLS experience, We got to shoot some content with Chad and that really started the conversation that ultimately led to him becoming like our first ambassador not only for Community Media, but what we're building across the HBC Esports League and the HBCU gaming ecosystem as well. So literally for us, we throw live gaming events, live concerts, working with major brand partners like Verizon discovered Nike Hot Pockets, Mountain Dew, and you really utilizing these platforms to provide other means of scholarships for young black and brown students.
Speaker 1: Nice, It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I had to DJ something at the ball plays and it was a gaming event and I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 7: They paid me outside I go DJ and the fact that it was sold out just to watch people game.
Speaker 1: I said, Jesus Christ, this is a business man.
Speaker 2: I never knew people would pay that much to see other people game a regular game, like to play on a joystick. I'm like, this is amazing. And that's I guess what part of what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, like a few years ago when we started this whole thing, what we learned is that eighty three percent of black youth play video games on a daily basis, but when you look at the global two hundred billion dollar industry, there's only four percent of us that work full time in that industry. So just like everything else, like in media, like in the front office of sports, like in tech, So what we decided to do is like how do we engage our community because the first thing we always need to know is like we have to be engaged and entertained in order to get like extreme interests. So like, how do we create avenues to like help young black and brown kids turn their passions into professions. Oh yeah, we focus a lot on the competition, but we're really really more so focused on helping these kids learn how to become content creators, learn how to code their own video games, learn how to be in legal professions. Like there's everything really ties back into this space, you know, health professions, doctors and surgeons helping with Carporo tunnel. So we're not necessarily trying to bring people into gaming per se, but we're saying, like, yo, if this is a passion for yours, here are all of these different avenues and areas that you can tap into. Because our community has always been told to get off the joystick when other communities have been in this space for ten fifteen years and now we're playing catch up. So coming back to twenty twenty is when my business partner, Chris he went to North Carolina Central I went to Oakwood University in Hustbal, Alabama, and we were literally just talking in the office one day. We're like, yo, I bet you my school can be your school and call it duty.
Speaker 5: Out the blue.
Speaker 9: We found four kids from my school his school. They went head to head. They loved this so much. They told all their friends at other HBCUs. They're like, Yo, let's just start a league for this.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 7: But I think you know, I see you were in the FAMI. You won't comfortable.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, right here, you know, just just I'm wearing the greatest HBCU of all time, not just fam you this is the highest of the Seven Hills.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is hamp University, the real HU. Just just so you know, just you feel comfortable withs to Oakley. No, right, But I was gonna ask, do you think the hbc U should change the curriculum because a lot of them are real old school and I'm sure they don't have a gaming content where these kids are making millions of dollars and even you two create is making millions of dollars, hundreds of millions.
Speaker 9: So the answers, Yeah, so, like up until twenty twenty, this didn't exist in the HPC ecosystem, like it was brand new. So the competition, the curriculum development, the internship opportunities. All that is now being put in place because I'll be real with you, like, our goal is not to sell like hoop dreams for the black community. That yo, if you get into game and you will make a million dollars, because that's very few and far in between. But you can get a decent job, you can have a nice painting job.
Speaker 5: Doing something that you love to do.
Speaker 9: But it's really about first and foremost educating everybody, right, So that's why this opportunity for us is so important because having that microphone to let people that look like us know that these opportunities exist as step one. Once that becomes a thing, I guess taking a step back to it is really really important to understand that like thirty, I think close to thirty out of the fifty states in this country also now have varsity high school esports. So a few years ago, we actually partnered with the New York City Department of Education and we ran a tournament called the Battle of the Boroughs in partnership with Microsoft, which was literally a Minecraft tournament to engage kids during COVID and like keep them engaged in their high schools and like, so for us, it's like you know as is ecosystems being built out at the high school level, is being built out of the college level.
Speaker 5: What we noticed is that there was.
Speaker 9: No black schools in general, There was no inner city schools, and there were no HBCUs taking advantage of this.
Speaker 5: So it's like, what do we have to build, what do we have to create?
Speaker 9: Who do we have to tap into to like really build out this ecosystem. So for me, we look at gaming the same way we look at football and basketball. You have high school leagues, you have AAU programs, you have after school programs, you have professional leagues, you have job opportunities, and that's the same pipeline that we're building and establishing right now across gaming.
Speaker 1: That was all pushing a year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So when actually when we seen you and CAN that the event was that was actually like our gaming activation really was at It was crazy, bro. They unplugged everything before the party started because I thought it was gonna make the room too hot exactly. So that space, though, was rented from a larger activation that week, And so that entire week at CAN we had gaming activations. We're doing panels, we're educating brands and agencies about how do you invest in the space.
Speaker 5: So that's what we was talking to you about in France.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's funny like we've been met Charlie Mane Closer seven years ago now when you did your first Black Privileged book signing in Atlanta, and every time I seen her, like yo, I don't know when or how it's gonna happen, but we're gonna end up on here. We're gonna be talking about what we're gonna do and then lo and behold, the opportunity came up. So and we're also creating that as again this upcoming summer a can as well. So shout out to her name is Adrian, Adrian Smith.
Speaker 5: With Inkuo Beach.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, Inquo Beach.
Speaker 4: So that's exactly what we were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Chad you had dinner with Antonio Piss the raiderst coach. Yeah, and you tweeted that you were going to ask for a coach and.
Speaker 4: John Yeah, I see, I was gonna ask y'all for a job too. I know y'all have an opening. I know you're gonna make some space.
Speaker 1: Just got if God filled.
Speaker 4: No no no no, no, we can add we could add add another chair. The more the better the merrier. But I was in Vegas Super Bowl and I went and had it wasn't just me, obviously, other people whatever with mister Pierce and having and having dinner, and I just tweeted out the picture with him and I just playing. I'm playing around, you know, I'm a jokester about Listen. I finally got off of the job as the ratest coach, and then Antonia went behind me and said, I can't wait to have you working with our receivers. So that's what That's what sparked it. Like I was really gonna. I can't coach, really I have I have thirty seven other jobs. I have thirty seven other jobs right now, and I wouldn't have time, and coaching is really not my thing.
Speaker 1: You got a passion for football, though, I have a.
Speaker 4: Passion for the game of football, not coaching. I have a passion for playing. Somebody that want to bring me back, then I'll come.
Speaker 1: And do that.
Speaker 4: At forty six, you would play I'm fifty six. Yeah, a joke.
Speaker 1: If you call if you fifty six and calling Shannon Unk something wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean, in general, I was born in sixty eight, which cut it out. Oh my gosh, so y'all. Ain't that mean, y'all ain't do your homework.
Speaker 1: You're born in nine hundred and seventy seven.
Speaker 4: I was born in nineteen sixty at Jackson Amorial Hospital in Miami.
Speaker 1: Stop. So would you would you play in the league?
Speaker 4: Would I?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Today you can't even hit nobody. Yeah, I'll be able to play. You can't hit nobody the rules. Look the rules. They damn they're playing flag football.
Speaker 1: You think that rules the game?
Speaker 4: You know what the NFL is all about, protecting the players, But again I see they're trying to add an eighteenth week. Is it really about protection? About the bottom line at the end of the day, money? Maybe know what it is? Come on, now, the players are getting bigger, fast and stronger, but the dementias of the field have not have yet to change. So if everybody bigger, fast and stronger, it's only so much you could do. And making the cars safe, but at some point youf you drive one hundred miles an hour to a wall, regardless of what you do from a technical aspect, you're gonna get hurt. The car is going to crumble. I mean, same thing when it comes to football players.
Speaker 1: Do you think widening in the field. Would make people safer.
Speaker 4: I mean it would help with everybody. You got d Lineman three hundred and fifty pounds, you know, running four or five? What?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 1: So why do you drive a Prius?
Speaker 4: I drive a smart car. It's it's one of one of the safest vehicles out there, are very cost sufficient. I get fifty five miles of the gallon and I can park anywhere. People always make fun of my damn car.
Speaker 3: But no, because you said it's smart, I would be more if you get an accident.
Speaker 1: It would be something.
Speaker 4: It's one of the safest it's been it's been battle tested. Okay, it's battle That's why I drive it. And obviously because I'm cheap as hell. I've been having I had that since like two thousand and four. Wow, and I just my friend. I ain't been in New York and maybe I feel like to me like eleven twelve years. I see the New York Police Department. They got smart cars. Yeah, but who they gonna catch is that that's traffic. Oh, it's traffic.
Speaker 1: That's traffic.
Speaker 4: So they ain't trying to go after just like, look at him copy and my style?
Speaker 3: It was you serious about? I think Dion wanted you at Colorado at one point that was a room.
Speaker 4: Now I asked him coming out right now, I work for I work for the Buffs as a recruiter.
Speaker 1: Seriously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just recruiting. I'm recruiting for Prime.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so he sent you out just to talk to the player.
Speaker 4: He don't have to see me. I do it myself.
Speaker 1: Actually, I can't tell him. He bullshit.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't. I wouldn't lie to you. I lie for you before I lie to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so you do it, but it's just not official.
Speaker 4: It's official because if I'm doing it, I ain't doing it for free. I don't do it. I don't do nothing. But he doesn't have to tell you.
Speaker 1: Already know who you should.
Speaker 7: Be looking at.
Speaker 4: Got you?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Because we over there in Colorado, we're trying to beef up the interior offensively in defensive, So I know exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Got you? Yeah, got you? And and you made a bet before the Super Bowl, that is the Chiefs lost, you.
Speaker 3: Would give up eating McDonald's. You know you love McDonald Yes, I can't believe you ain't never got to deal with McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Be Honestly, I.
Speaker 4: Own three franchises, so I really can't have a deal.
Speaker 1: You better.
Speaker 3: You said you would divorce your wife and give up sex for the rest of the year. Yeah, were you really ready to give all that up?
Speaker 4: I mean, I knew the Chiefs was gonna win. So that's why I mean, the Chiefs gonna win. That's what I made such an extreme bet. She was pissed. She was pissed, but I needed her to understand. You know, who get married. Sometimes I go out on the land. I say some things that you're not gonna agree with, but you know how I feel about you, and I was gonna we were good. You see who won the game? Right?
Speaker 1: That's absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: I got the script.
Speaker 1: You got, I got the script.
Speaker 3: I believe that when people say that the NFL script can't script script got.
Speaker 4: Eleven dudes that no, hell no, it's impossible. But if you talk about jobs, what y'all think about? What bring me in now?
Speaker 1: I don't think it.
Speaker 4: The work is a full I don't wanted to be full time, part time like Monday and Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: I'm at four. I don't know if the four could. I don't know four could work.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Because it's like a triangle offense.
Speaker 4: But that's outdated.
Speaker 1: No, it is out radio in NBA, not in radio.
Speaker 8: And then sometimes we got five because we have testling figure out she does front page news politics, so sometimes before.
Speaker 6: So this is like your way of telling me if he comes on.
Speaker 4: I think that's your way of telling me.
Speaker 7: No, I think they're telling you know, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: I'm too I'm too dark. Huh oh my god, I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm you lighting every week? What you're doing now? Were you really thinking about going to the uf L?
Speaker 4: Hell not? Mm hmm? How much they pay you?
Speaker 1: Tweeted out? You don't even know what you be tweeting, tweeted considering mephis.
Speaker 4: Show boat be in a moment, I see something, yeah, and then I instantly tweeted and I forget about it. But the fact that you mentioned the u f L, I want to know how much, say paid. I'm trying to diversify my portfolio, yes, in my resume. The fact that you won't hire me, I mean, I thought you were for black people. I thought you were for uplifting. I'm trying to understand what's the problem.
Speaker 8: Well, speaking of uplifting, you know your uncle Shannon and he be do you feel like he puts hisself and and a lot of these positions and stuff like Vanson's like him jumping out the car the like what you think?
Speaker 6: What do you think about it?
Speaker 4: It was cool. He's promoting his liquor brand, okay, promoting his concact. He was doing a signing. He was explaining to people he's.
Speaker 7: On the road.
Speaker 4: He has to to fly here, fly there signings and I like it. Of course, people making trying to make jokes up and light every goddamn thing he does. And dude, my uncle has hurt. He had two hit replacements.
Speaker 5: What we understand that Hall.
Speaker 4: Of Fake, Hall of Famer. He's he's been beat up. You know, technology wasn't as advanced as it is now, so being able to recover from some of those injuries, it's tough.
Speaker 1: And he grow.
Speaker 4: He's tough.
Speaker 3: You're fifty five years old and you got to run this circuit now like you got a whole new life.
Speaker 4: And media like okay, they're always on the gold. So there's a microscope on him. Obviously, you bring somebody on you because you're volatile towards everybody else, so they're going to be volatail back. I think he understands that, and you have to welcome that, and he's okay with it. I welcome it too. I want, I need people to come at me because I.
Speaker 6: Like, I got you gotta do something I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Damn, tell me you.
Speaker 6: Gotta do something to put yourself, to put yourself out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I still believe you.
Speaker 1: Fifty six.
Speaker 4: Look at the wrinkles. Now, look at damn. You see it? No relate the lady put makeup on me, so it's hard to see. Make a board all right, look at the angle? You see it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Are you a Rocky related in any way to know me? An Acep cousins. Now, I gotta explain everything. That's seriously, there's a reason me we look just like right, I'm just I'm tall as hell, just Acep. He's been in the fashion I'm at Target, H and MS. So that missed me because I'm not really spending no money. He get his stuff free. And you know, I think we're gonna collab on something in the future. I've really been getting into music and trying to you know again the first.
Speaker 3: But one thing I've always liked about him is how I do like how frugal you are.
Speaker 1: Like I've learned a lot of ways of just being watching you.
Speaker 4: Over the years.
Speaker 7: That just that just did not had some cars he had Lambo.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no, that was twenty years ago. You have to understand those the fruits of my labor. Those were not bought with football money. That was from obviously my own three what no, So I'm not spending anything. I'm using my hard earned money.
Speaker 1: On the field.
Speaker 4: The stuff I did off the field TV shows, endorsements, cards, signings, And then you got to think those cars you just name, I only had for three years and got rid of them because I didn't need anymore. My name, my name, Oho, it was it was. It was a little bigger than anything I could purchase at the time. So it made no sense visually, visibly, you know who I was, no matter where I went. So what what the come? I find? God damn lambou for why am I driving a Ford? Nigga you o jo? It didn't make any sense even though outside of the image. You know, when you're young, you know you're trying to impress the women, and for what, man, I'm holding Oh shit, the women have already googled what you're making, so it's no need.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: One day, me and Pete Davis, Pete Davis that wanted to go buy a Cuban link change. I remember this person, you okay, And I told him I said, we don't need to buy real ones because I saw you say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so we went and got three.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars gold played in Cuban like anybody asked no questions.
Speaker 6: That was green as a muy.
Speaker 1: Nobody asked no questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen, man, it's it's for one, it's hard for people to move the way I've moved. I've been doing this in not past thirty years. It's hard because people we caught up in the image and look in a certain way becomes your identity. Driving a certain certain car becomes part of your identity, you know, and people focus on image and look in a certain way because I want to look like I got it. I just was a complete opposite. Really didn't care what anybody thought.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you to, man, remember when French Montana made sinkle how many you know what?
Speaker 4: I have a problem. I needed all that French for royalties. Yeah, because I ain't getting no royalties.
Speaker 6: Can't event you up and ask you can't do that.
Speaker 7: It's not get royalties for saying your name right.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: How many women offered your sinkle because of that song?
Speaker 1: Mhm?
Speaker 4: What's that on my left hand just back in the day. Yeah, I want to Yeah, I don't like. I ain't trying to start deal with that when I get home.
Speaker 1: By the way, all I said was offered. I ain't saying what you get.
Speaker 4: I don't move because offering there's always something in the back of a catch. You got to think anything on the outside is always added expense because ain't nothing free. Even if they're offering, you got to give something to give. I ain't doing that. How did you feel about direct? Ain't bothered me. Ain't bothered me. You know, we all make mistakes in life, we all do. You know. I picked myself up, that's myself off, put my head forward and kept moving. I funked up, see d J. Yes, I fucked up real ship. Yeah, it took responsibility. Yeah, you gotta keep moving. Yeah, that's it. Ain't look back. I've been fighting. I've been fighting that mountain. I fell from ever since fighting the client back. We're here now and I just asked for a job and y'all.
Speaker 1: Told me no, I was just talking about head, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just circle.
Speaker 6: At least the other things.
Speaker 8: Who was just bringing it all around. I tell you what, you don't up on parents and you all love the way you.
Speaker 4: Are your daughter. Yeah, I love this ship that it is amazing. You got one or two.
Speaker 8: I got, I have one on the way, and then I have an eleven year old boy.
Speaker 4: Y'all, man, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm on, I'm on. I mean have eleven you.
Speaker 6: Have eleven children?
Speaker 1: Damn stop kids, because you stop listening to this manids man. This man is entertain before I was.
Speaker 4: I was Nick Canning before Nick can I was future before future. I know that's right. You know I've been doing this for a very long time. I'm not sure why. I would love when they talk about fathers. I would wish they would be should I should be there because I also have a lot of kids, and I'm hands on. I'm thankful for those I have kids from, and uh, they're really what makes this trained rod, you know, because most of the time people that have one just one. They're going through hell. Yeah, and it's hard to find success when you don't have kids with the right people. It's hard because they can make life for a living hell, living hell. And I do have eleven serious all together.
Speaker 1: I believe nobody gonn live more. Care about that. Niggas livet So what you had three over the last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm working. I'm working.
Speaker 1: Had eight. I ain't see no eleven.
Speaker 4: But but I'm married, so then I have to those are also my kids. Yeah, so eleven and I'm working on twelve right now, that's right. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: People want supplying congratulate the ring of on the two.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, Yeah, appreciate it. I do feel it was cool. It's good. It's good too. Obviously, as much as I gave back to that city of Cincinnati, I love the fans. I had fun. I did all I could. Obviously, the end goal is the winner super Bowl. I can't do that by myself. We fell short as far as that is concern. But to receive those flowers for all the work that you put in throughout those years, it means a lot. And to see my name obviously embedded sement it into that stadium. That was a good That was a good feeling. A good feeling, man, because not too many times are we able to get the flowers that we deserve for the work that we put in while we're still alive, that's right. And to get those well, I'm well, I'm still here, young, live and vibrant at that. That's dope.
Speaker 3: I feel like at some point there was a period when you were playing that you realize what you when you realize exactly what you're doing. Now, you got to be a personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 4: I figured that out year three, year three. I was setting myself up in year three for the long haul. And oh the NFL hated it. Back then, they weren't about in the individuality. But I understood what it's going to take to keep me moving once the small window of opportunity with football closed, I got to You got to be a personality. You have to be a character in some sort and back then there was no I mean, there was social media, but not like it is now. So I understood I had to get it while it was hot. And I'm still I ain't playing down there eleven twelve years.
Speaker 2: Was it pushed back from the League with that, with with players being personalities with almost some of the plays.
Speaker 4: Ain't like that, you know, they call it just they call it your diva mm hmmm, A distraction, that's what. That's what. That's the words that they use. But I ain't pay them people.
Speaker 1: No mind, especially you and Tyo. You you and t O.
Speaker 4: I still kept the talget on, y'all. I don't like that. I don't like that, you know, if they can't promote it. Man, and you got to be a quarterback.
Speaker 1: I know that, y'all really close. Do you think you'll ever get into the Hall of Fame? He made it.
Speaker 4: They made him.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, he made it.
Speaker 4: He made it. Matter of fact, this is the funny thing. Obviously, statistically speaking, he's one of the greatest of all time. That's obviously Jerry Rice's numbers of what they are, and then it's it's t O and Moss. I mean, that's my one a in one beating. And they didn't this first year of eligibility, they didn't let him in. So he said, well, forget y'all. He had his own ceremony.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's why you probably remember, because he was like, forget your y'all want to play. I forgot about that Hall of fame in politics. Man, it's politics, it's the game I rather not playing. I understood that earlier in my career. So they pick and choose who to let in, you know, And I hate that players allow that to to weigh in on, to weigh on them, like always knocking on the door, wanting to be in so bad because of that need for validation or I finally made it, which is why I donned my own jacket while I was still playing, because at that time, after that catch, I felt I was Hall of Fame worthy because I crossed a certain amount of certain amount of yards. So I'm not waiting on y'all to put me in. I'm induct myself. I don't want to play politics. I would have been a politician.
Speaker 3: I wonder if this new media that y'all have, how much pressure do y'all put on the league to do right by players.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's no pressure at all, because the league can always do what the league wants to do at the end of the day. Always, at the end of the day, they're gonna always do what they want to do.
Speaker 2: How much change did you see in the league since you left to now with seemed like the politic the polo plitics have come down a little bit.
Speaker 4: A little bit, the politics have come down, and the safety for the players has has gone up. But at what cost? Because at the end of the day, it's always about a dollar. It's always about the bottom line. The NFL's bottom lineill always beat money. So changes are happening, but they're finding a way to make sure that they continue to turn the profit at all costs.
Speaker 2: I know I asked you earlier when we were talking about the game is changing, but I just remember as a kid not to say it was the excitement of a hit. It was the excitement of my wide receiver bush somebody in the face. It was that excitement. Does that excitement still happen in the league? Do people still, you know, like to Cee Lawrence Taylor cracks somebody, you know, I mean to hit somebody. It was like you wanted to see it. But now it's like, I feel like these players are too scared and they almost hurting themselves trying not.
Speaker 4: To They're going to hurt themselves because of the rules that the league has now upheld. You can't hit anybody if you're bigger, fast, and stronger, right, and you've been playing the game one way your entire life. I understand there's a way to adjust, but it's hard to adjust moving at the speeds that they do now, especially if you're a defender. You can't touch anybody at that line. You can't hold, you can't do anything. And now they're making it to the point where you can't hit. So what's gonna give. It's gonna be you because you're gonna do something wrong that's not natural. You're gonnaen u hurting yourself and until somebody actually hurt themselves, then you'll It's tough. It's tough, and from the outside looking at and there's really nothing I can say because I'm not playing anymore.
Speaker 1: But do you think it would be so much easy for you because you were a target? Right?
Speaker 2: You with somebody that they want to I wanted this because my mouth it's like you wouldn't be that target.
Speaker 7: You would be able to catch even more balls falls than before.
Speaker 4: I think that's certain level of comfort with receivers today because they know they can't be hit. During my time, the time before mine, during that tenure, you were a little cautious you understood the middle.
Speaker 1: You know, you jump up.
Speaker 4: Some's coming, some's coming. Today not so much. That's why you see everybody being pretty with the one hands and doing all this, all this knife acrobatic stuff as opposed back then. I mean, you'll do it, but you're a little bit more cautious.
Speaker 3: Guy's gonna make people and not want to play fucking defense.
Speaker 1: I'll just be an offensive player.
Speaker 4: But the money they passing out, absolutely you you're gonna play. You're gonna play the money. The money is crazy these days, it's crazy big time.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you missed out? No on that aspect of it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, because man, what I did make I did what I was supposed to do with it. I ain't spend nothing, which.
Speaker 1: You never spent it. Yeah, yeah, so you still got.
Speaker 4: I'm still and I'm rolling. I'm rolling real good now, rolling good. I'm rolling good.
Speaker 8: What I want to ask you we back on parents, and because I wanted to ask you this.
Speaker 6: But I just thought about again.
Speaker 4: You want me to babysit, Yes, you actually want to listen. That's why y'all need to hire me. Look at the look at the listen, look at the position I can do here at breakfast club. Boom, you deliver. I'm here. I started an intern as your babysitter. Okay, so you can bring the baby to work. Boom, I'm here, sat. You ain't got to worry about Mark. I changed Pampas, milk, bird feed everything, so I can start like that and then work my way up as a baby gets older. Then you give me a position at a chair like I want to. I want them win the chair. These chairs is nice, so I work my way up the ladder. But I just I'm trying to diversify my portfolio and would like to work here.
Speaker 8: How much diversity in the portfolio do you need? You need thirty seven jobs? You're fifty six.
Speaker 6: You say you got eleven kids. I'm choosing to believe him at this point. How how active? Well, you're very hands on.
Speaker 8: How how can you still be so active in your kids life?
Speaker 1: Easy job?
Speaker 4: I got my kids. Everybody in college except two. My daughter run track at University of Kentucky. My son is at Arizona State. I have an older daughter who's twenty six.
Speaker 1: Your cairo.
Speaker 4: Hey, baby, I know you're gonna see this. My daughter's at Perrier and m you know she just wait, I'm not. I don't think I'm allowed to say that. But she's at and m I was getting ready to talk about something that just happened for her that was really good, but I can't say it. And little ones and then have French fry my little two year old baby, Kennedy, her sister, and I need more.
Speaker 1: You want more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, more more. I have time, okay, yeah, because I'm retired. Yeah, so I'm trying to diversify, trying to get more. Okay, I don't, I don't. I was so busy when I was playing. I never got the full experience of what it's like to be a father. I was always gone, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And you stay in shape, so you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: I don't need you to. Yes, you wanted to.
Speaker 4: Take it up, don't get it.
Speaker 5: You got married.
Speaker 6: No, I will be getting married when you got to them.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing I'm gonna crash over.
Speaker 6: It's coming.
Speaker 4: I want. I want to sing.
Speaker 1: IM surprised you ain't over the pastor.
Speaker 4: I was ordained, but you know I'm serious. I was on that, but my license expired, so I gotta redo. I gotta redo my ship.
Speaker 1: When the last one you ever did was the last one you did.
Speaker 4: My homeboy at the hood in Liberty City. Yeah, I married him and his wife he married to uh uh something, Queisha.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're telling you no, no, no, I was, I was ordained minister. Yeah, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: They canceled me one time, and I remember this, uh when your wife had her show and I was they came, it was at your head, but they was at my head and I said, I was like, I feel like the network is not showing the sisters selling houses enough.
Speaker 1: And then they got mad.
Speaker 2: At me and said I was coming from and I was like, no, I want to see more of it on TV. Right right, they just showing the beef and the drama, and I hate that they show that with black women, but when they have the white women.
Speaker 7: Show, they show all the houses they show.
Speaker 1: And I was, I was mad.
Speaker 5: I was like, they should show the systems.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to set them straight. I would need her here. I would need her here to be able to explain the side of the story. But I understand understand what you mean. Obviously they were selling houses, but we one thing. If they were just selling houses, right, how many ads is that going to peace to I get it even even today, just in general, you got to have some type of drama type of something. Yeah, I mean, just just in general and all that we do. So like, even they don't we need some type of drama, somebody just say something.
Speaker 3: I wonder about that. Up until recently, I don't think y'all had a lot of drama on Nightcap.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, we know. We haven't had probation. Yeah, I was, I was on papers. We didn't. I mean, I think Shannon and I we play off each other in the chemistry is so goddamn good. We didn't even have to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People just like hearing y'all talk.
Speaker 4: And then it's to see us in a different space that you never get to see us in and and talk the way we are because it's like the barbershop locker room and in a way you've never seen us before. I think that's what is more appealing to the audience as opposed to being any drama.
Speaker 3: I think the best thing with all of these platforms is showing that athletes are not dumb, because there was always this that stereotype type dumb, especially in football, and I think y'all beyond shadow that.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, most definitely, most definitely, And.
Speaker 2: I wanted to want one last thing. You know, the NFL is not testing players. I don't think from marijuana anymore. And that's what I.
Speaker 7: Think I read, And it's saying that a lot of the players were saying that's.
Speaker 5: Good because they use that to help heal and help.
Speaker 4: For pay injuries. You know what I'm not. That's a that's a good one. That's a good one. As someone that I've never had smoke weed before, I'm a heavy man.
Speaker 3: Cut it out. Every time you say this, I be thinking about solf. I got to remb myself. You from Florida, and the craziest people in the world come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 4: So think about this. Everybody else that come from Yeah, they're flashy too, m hm and what am I?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the complete but you're a different type of flash No no, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: But a joke saying my mama rest in peace, who just passed away in twenty twenty one on Hurricane Paul Johnson, I've never had wee before.
Speaker 1: So you was playing, but from the time you walked in you was bull Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like smoking it.
Speaker 4: You like talking about my cigars. I ain't never had no alcohol before. Really, yeah, I never never drank what?
Speaker 1: No, So that's why you looked at.
Speaker 4: It like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smoke your wife McDonald's cigars.
Speaker 4: Okay, three, I smoked three of the matter of fact, I'm sitting here itching ready to hit. There's a cigar bar somewhere here, a private private I forgot the name of it. You got to have the membership, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, so I heard about in New York. I don't frequent here some cures to check it out today?
Speaker 1: What's the allud when it ain't like no kanyac and letting involved?
Speaker 4: I drinknaletch your Starbucks, told Carolcatto High, I just don't drink alcohol. So with my cigars, I always coffee. I mean in Miami, obviously it's just easy.
Speaker 1: God, it's easy.
Speaker 4: But so it's like you you don't hell with smoke door right, No, No, it's all about taste. I've never had wine before. But the same way you do with wine tasting the same thing you do with cigars wine before that would be alcohol.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying no, don't. I don't play that. I just I just lost my old girl, my mama alcohol poisoning, and I think as a little kid, you know, it'd always starts when you're young, when you don't do something. It's always comes from I'm not calling it trauma, but just seeing her be someone I wasn't used to seeing when she was consuming alcohol. So I just promised myself I would never about young like man, woman, who is you? That's still my baby?
Speaker 1: Though. Yeah, I got another homeboy like that.
Speaker 3: His mom had a really bad drinking problem, so it called him to never ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it impacted her anyway.
Speaker 4: But again with those injuries, that the weed, I've heard the stories. I never I never thought of it. Get to this point where the NFL is not testing for it. I thought they wouldn't allow it to happen.
Speaker 7: Feeling for it, they said, not suspending for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, are they able to monetize on it, because you know, the infield don't play, they gon't find a way to make a dollar.
Speaker 7: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: So normally, especially when they allow something to happen. Okay, now we find a way we can monetize off allowing them to smoke weed will let it happen.
Speaker 2: But it was always surprising that they allow betting in professional sports, Like you know, growing up, you could never bet legally in sports. And the fact that you know they'll break down the offensive defense and then they'll break down the draft picks pick and I'm like.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the players can't bet. There were a few suspended last year and year before last about making bets at the facility on their phones. And NFL they track everything, easy track everything. They know you hang with and the all seat. They know how much you're spending. They know everything. Literally, it's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: They know everything you're doing off the field, even during the off season.
Speaker 1: You think that's gonna help hurt the game.
Speaker 4: It's always been that way, no matter what, even with the legal always you think you think you're getting away. No, they know everything you're doing. They know the type of people you hang with, they know you're fine answers, they know how much you got, you know everything, they know what you're spending. The NFL. This is it's the big boys.
Speaker 6: Even if it ain't all coming from them, they know what you.
Speaker 4: Know what's coming and they have no problem giving you two three hundred men because they know they're gonna get it all back anyway over the years. If you get where I'm.
Speaker 6: Going, Wow, real quick, before you get out of here.
Speaker 4: Get out of wear, get out of here. I'm not going well all right?
Speaker 6: But what is your skin regimen?
Speaker 4: My skin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What do you do to keep your skin so clear?
Speaker 1: And let me tie you and your cousin?
Speaker 6: Got good skin?
Speaker 4: But simple fair and white black soap. I get out of the hood, the hood beausely stole in Miami. I'm not sure where it is in other states. But fair and white black soap. You know what you know? Fair and white right? No, just simple fear and white air, fair white, simple. I don't have all them routines.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm like. What is going will pay for stuff like that to your skin?
Speaker 6: Like to get the skin like that?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a dermatologist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he has a whole You got.
Speaker 4: Fires that takes too long. I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 8: So he be here slapping himself with all all that time.
Speaker 1: No chemical pills, nothing chemical pill.
Speaker 4: I don't like grease or anything shining on my face. I don't like that. I don't even like massages that oil on. They give me a.
Speaker 1: Man as much as as much as body trainers you had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I didn't get massages when I was playing. Ain't even right. McDonald's no injuries, never been hurt, thank god.
Speaker 8: Now I can't say he's fifty six when you see his hands. Yeah, thanks for Oh I have seen this and white black, so that's what okay, Okay, then every day you just wash.
Speaker 1: One time soon as boom, you got your teeth done though, your teeth right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's mine for real. Yeah I paid for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I'm getting me something I like yours. Yours don't look like to do.
Speaker 4: I didn't wanted a perfect smile. I'm getting it was cool because I still suck my fingers.
Speaker 1: They shaved it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah a little bit, a little bit look good.
Speaker 6: So they were already your teeth you just got them.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I had like a little bit, a little b I.
Speaker 1: Want that a little bit. I wanted to be yell in the mountain. I wanted to be yell in the mouth.
Speaker 3: I want to, you know not, but I want to, like he said, like the perfect It's just something about that.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna fix your list.
Speaker 8: You're still gonna have that big ass tongue.
Speaker 6: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Can I talk about my project with a man?
Speaker 1: No, because you lying not me?
Speaker 4: A got something coming out for real? Yeah, I just wanted to yes music.
Speaker 6: Okay, and it hurt me.
Speaker 4: Wrap No, sixteen, You gotta do me a favor. What's that Teddy's Battle Rappers? Right right, I'm here and I'm outside.
Speaker 1: Cut it out.
Speaker 4: Outside listen lux DNA clips, hollow goods verbs, letting boys know I'm outside. I know right now. You know, I'm not sure what's going on with the r L, with smacking all that, but I'm here. If they want to ring kindle and get that fire back going and battle rap, come holler at you boy, what you're gonna do.
Speaker 7: You're gonna host the league.
Speaker 4: Host the league and I'm trying to battle.
Speaker 1: You're gonna rap?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm a three zero all of them niggas. Give us sixteen right fast now. I can't do that because if if I give you sixteen, I'm gonna need to see some green.
Speaker 1: I give you four balls that's above right there.
Speaker 4: Huh give me sixteen, but you know I ain't gonna say nothing me and asap coming got something coming out soon, So y'all just lay around for that.
Speaker 1: What is it music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ain't fashion.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can make like a frugal fashion line, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Nobody gonna got a society. Were about looking the party, got it?
Speaker 1: I like being I like frugal and comfortable.
Speaker 8: You should have say what he had on yesterday? He had cursed of all over the sweatsuit. It was looking crazy if I came from City Trains, the city trends.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was a black COVID line called Chaos.
Speaker 4: It's nice.
Speaker 8: It was for children, and he was dressed like a big ass kid, an old ass kid.
Speaker 4: Well, I came to New York with one outfit. I've had this on the past few days. We got this.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're cool with him? Saturday? Oh yeah, that's millions, Yeah, yesterday and Brooklyn. Yeah alright, alright, other clothes too.
Speaker 4: I don't have nothing to weere. I'm going to.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna have that on the Falcons Hawks, You not that, I mean, You're not gonna have that on.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find outfit because it's the Knicks. Yeah, you find Lena go to h and right there. Ain't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got a gizar you wear, I wear O H and M twenty one.
Speaker 4: I get. I've been looking at like a million.
Speaker 6: Bud know what I like.
Speaker 4: It makes you look like you spend some money Uni Clow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, they got good T shirts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh man, the Asian store, it's like Asian. Yeah, it looks like urban outfitters. But yeah you're in type.
Speaker 6: Of yeayeah okay yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's like it is very cheap too, yes, good price point.
Speaker 1: Just gotta go. You do Ryan into some words, man, I would.
Speaker 9: Say kind of just everything man, like first being here, like everything we're doing across gaming, music, entertainment, like talking about upcoming projects, like the next big thing coming up for us.
Speaker 5: We'll be backstage doing like all.
Speaker 9: The gaming and artists interviews at Rolling Loud California. So like we're just trying to continue to find ways to bridge the gap, make sure that our people have a seat at the table, make sure that they have the information to make their own informed decisions about what they can do with their own individual life.
Speaker 4: One thing we.
Speaker 9: Always say, like stick to the plan because like again you know, with the schedule. First of all, I was so happy to be able to come through with this. Yesterday we go here, we learn about the relationship that y'all got with the Saturday folks and the whole nine sort of like you know, everything kind of works and builds on each other.
Speaker 5: It builds on itself.
Speaker 9: But like the main message we wanted to share is like again, if parents, aunts, uncles, you have nieces, nephews, kids that are trying to tap into gaming, you're telling them to get off the game. We just strongly advised to change the message because it's actually a real space for it right now. I mean within our league alone, the last two years, AHBCU students have earned over two million dollars playing in our league. So for us, we have kids that are earning six figures just by being a part of this. And sometimes these are traditional athletes, like we have one kid at Florida Memorial right now in Miami.
Speaker 5: He literally plays on the basketball.
Speaker 9: Team and he's on their esports and gaming team, so he's on a scholarship for basketball and he's earning money in this pastway. So it was interested in like the HPCU community, the gamers are getting more nil than the traditional sports athletes.
Speaker 1: So the games should we be having our kids on it.
Speaker 9: So the games that are mainly in this NBA two K, Madden, Call of Duty, for Night Rocket League, Mortal Kombat, like Super Smash, all the games that you know as what is playing coming up. Minecraft Minecraft is a big one too. That's what I was questioning, Like, we just did an entire New.
Speaker 5: York City Battle of the Burroughs.
Speaker 9: We had one hundred and twenty five high schools across all five boroughs going ahead to head in Minecraft, and the kids were the winner was tasked with whoever built the best New York monument inside of Minecraft.
Speaker 5: So it's a whole.
Speaker 9: Linkage between the gaming competition, stim based education and like that's really really it is like what we're doing because like black parents don't realize it, like yo, your kids are on the game, but they could be the ones making the game. Like a big thing right now in Fortnite is this thing called u e FN right, so Unreal Engine Fortnite essentially it's allow It's the same model they brought into gaming that exists right now in the music. So as a young black person, you can go in and build a custom level in Fortnite, you will get paid on the hourly playtime that people are playing on your level, and they will share forty percent of the revenue with all.
Speaker 5: Of their creators.
Speaker 1: So like, yo, I guess.
Speaker 9: Garantee, someone in this room got someone that's playing Fortnite. Okay, well, your son and his little friends. They could be making LLC's they could be, Yeah, they could be.
Speaker 4: They could literally be.
Speaker 9: Doing what they're already doing every day right now and converting that in the revenue. Game companies are then hiring these young people to then come build out experiences on their behalf. But again, like when we look at this, the biggest divide of what we've see is those who grow up.
Speaker 5: With computers versus those who grow up with consoles.
Speaker 9: So when you look at just demographics, black and LATINX families generally play on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo. When you look at the other side of the coin, it's computer based games. The reason we've been excluded from this space, the big event that you're talking about. Those are PCs, And so how are's supposed to get in? How are high school kids supposed to get in when the schools themselves can afford the computer lab to start a gaming team. So a lot of the work that we're doing is working with of Horizon to then literally get the money to build the lab, to give the scholarships so the kids can then play in the league.
Speaker 7: Or not even at Wi fi.
Speaker 2: Like wi fi is so damn important in a lot of these areas, they don't have strong WiFi.
Speaker 7: They be lagging the kids people playing so and it was crazy.
Speaker 9: It is like our first major initiative was back in May twenty twenty, and we literally did a stream of thought on Twitch. We had people like OFFSET, we had GZ Michael Strahan was a big part of that.
Speaker 5: We raised one.
Speaker 9: Hundred and eighteen thousand dollars and twenty hours on Twitch. We took that money and bought devices, mobile hot spots and laptops for kids in Atlanta that were basically could not graduate high school because they didn't have a device because of distance learning. So I was like, that's so what we're looked at, like this whole thing of gaming and technology, like it's really really not about the kids just playing the game.
Speaker 5: But what we realize over the years, like Yo, we really got to tap.
Speaker 9: Into larger voices that are known within media and known within sports, that also have a very strong passion to like bring this to the community. And so now we're going about like a whole different approach. So now like for us, that's kind of like what's coming up, that's how we're building this out. And we just say, like for parents, like if your kids are interested in something, they're doing it every day. We now live in a passion economy. You can turn your passions into money.
Speaker 6: What if your kids sucks? Not saying mind dude, But.
Speaker 9: It's not even it's not even about it's not even about the being good or bad, right, It's about because again, like I play games or to day, I'm not a great gamer, but we run a media based business that's focused on gaming. Right, So again I turned a passion into a profession. And what we're saying is like, yo, how I stay in touch with my family. I'm from Columbia, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Like three, I'm from.
Speaker 9: Columbia, So like the way I stay in touch with all my cousins is through call of duty. So like it's a means of communication for us. But I'm not trying to be a professional call of duty gamer. But now what I can do is use the information that I have bring that to a bunch of companies that are trying to touch young people, trying to connect with diverse audiences, trying to build with HBCUs. I'm like, yo, let's just do this through a whole new league.
Speaker 1: You really diversified your portfolio.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's amazing. I would hope you would help as well. And all right, I don't mean to be in your personal businesses who call the shots here.
Speaker 6: I have to go actually to a meeting to go see her. She's a woman's.
Speaker 4: Mitchell. I know you're probably gonna see this, honey. I know we we've never met.
Speaker 3: You don't like being called honey, that is, mister Mitchell.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you see this.
Speaker 4: I have no problem flying to and from Miami to get here. I just want a chance. Just put my foot in the door and I'll take it from there as long as the cameras rolling.
Speaker 1: We know we got an iHeart station in Miami.
Speaker 4: I want to come here with y'all. I like like the chemistry is there, like just the vibe. I like it. And I'm telling you I know what I could bring and help us. Not that y'all need help, but y'all is the ship. But just add the cherry on time in Miami. I don't listen to the radio at all. I'm a gamer, okay, a gamer.
Speaker 1: She hates people that don't listen to the radio. She never hired somebody that don't listen to the radio. Yeah, man, listen.
Speaker 4: That's what makes me that, that's what makes me so great because I don't listen to the radio.
Speaker 6: I still don't listen to the radio.
Speaker 2: He's lying, So yeah, chat old your single. Appreciate you for John Yeah, I said, she gotta go.
Speaker 1: She got a job.
Speaker 4: Where you going to.
Speaker 1: Meet THEA Mitchell? Absolutely.
Speaker 7: Actually, it's a.
Speaker 1: Woman's it's Women's International Day. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning club.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club.