Speaker 1: So this is embarrassing. Had to show my husband that we had a podcast yesterday and how to download it. So Michael, honey, if you're listening, welcome to the podcast. It's time, and don't forget to follow the podcast too. All right, the show starts.
Speaker 2: Now, Well, this is super embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: What happened like that?
Speaker 2: Well, National Procrastination Week just happened, and we were supposed to talk about it last week, but producer Boyd said, we missed it. We procrastinated. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's like, I hate when National Forget Week comes up.
Speaker 2: We forgot that. I had it on my list, I really did, and I just forgot to bring it up. So you know what, that's my back.
Speaker 1: Did you forget or were you just going to do it later?
Speaker 2: I mean, I was going to do it at a certain point and then well, look we're doing it. Okay, here we are. We got to it a week later.
Speaker 1: And they say, better late than never, Jeff.
Speaker 2: But if you're wondering why you're the type of person who procres escinates so much, researchers just did a big, complicated study on it. Basically, they found a connection between your attitude and your actions. So if your negative feelings about doing something outweighs the positive feelings of getting it done, then you're probably gonna put it off.
Speaker 1: I save everything for the very last minute.
Speaker 4: I do importance, Like I'm like, do I need to do these dishes? No, I have plastic silverware, I don't.
Speaker 2: Need to do Yeah, and not doing them doesn't like affect you in a bad way.
Speaker 5: The mold will go away, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so if you're wondering why your boyfriend has been taking so long to propose to you, it's probably because mine the positive emotions on the other end don't outweigh the negative feelings of going through with it. It's the same thing with filing your taxes.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we're going to put those two things to each other.
Speaker 2: It makes sense if you think about it.
Speaker 1: Feels real bad.
Speaker 2: But I didn't say it feels good. I'm just saying it makes sense. And there's another type of procrastination though. If your attitude's too positive, like when you're putting off studying for a test because you feel so confident about the subject, you tell yourself, I don't even need to study for this. I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So maybe that's what the proposals are. They just are so confident. Yes, they are waiting.
Speaker 4: That's right, we've learned, We're learning so much, and I've got positive emotions about being done with the shock.
Speaker 2: Collar question of the day. So let's not procrastinate. Let's get it over with digital Jay, give us some trivia.
Speaker 6: Today is Johnny Knoxville's birthday? And what are the chances that the birthdate of Johnny Knoxville just so happens to coincide with a holiday celebrating the death of Johnny Applesey. Who would have thought two famous Johns would collide in the middle of the universe exactly one hundred and thirty years apart on the same.
Speaker 2: Their Wow, John is such a rare name.
Speaker 5: What are the odds, Jeff? Why we can't ignore you? Tell me right now, we're not ignoring fate at all.
Speaker 6: And today we have to honor famous Johns everywhere in a special shot collar edition of blenty of Dolente. Now, each of you just give me a number one through twenty, and I'll tell you about a famous John from history.
Speaker 5: You just have to name him.
Speaker 6: Okay, We're gonna start with the woman who was rumored to have a fling with the late John McCain and it had nothing to do with power or money, just true love.
Speaker 5: That's Alexis Fuller.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, she can't even tell you who John McCain was.
Speaker 6: Because it's too personal to Alexis.
Speaker 5: Give me a number one through twenty please.
Speaker 1: Let's go eleven.
Speaker 6: Number eleven, known for his leading role in the nineteen ninety nine film hit Being John Malkovich.
Speaker 5: Who is this famous John? I don't know this movie?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know he's an actor, so you could.
Speaker 8: Start there being John Malkovich.
Speaker 9: I'm imagining a documentary about like maybe a funny guy.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's like John Krasinsky. I don't know how that.
Speaker 5: Alexis said John Krasinski. That is incorrect. The star of Being John Malkovich was John Malkovich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you miss that?
Speaker 5: I documentary?
Speaker 2: You know who John Malkovich is?
Speaker 1: No, if I saw a photo.
Speaker 2: If you saw a picture of him, you'd be like, oh, that guy.
Speaker 7: We'll put our Instagram on full Malcovich mode for moving on to Brook right, Well, give me a number one through twenty please. Let's go fifteen, We're fifteen, Brook, This famous John was best buddies with a guy who robbed from the rich and gave to the poor.
Speaker 5: Who was he?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a Robin Hood and John. Me, yeah, little John is gonna just call him Little John's.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna need you to enunciate that first.
Speaker 1: Little John.
Speaker 6: Okay, Little John is corect. I would not have accepted little John. That is a rapper and I was prepared to doc you on that. Thank you for enunciating, Brook. You're on to the next round.
Speaker 2: What was that song?
Speaker 1: Me, Little it's from the nineteen seventies. Yeah, Robin Hood movies.
Speaker 5: You pulled that number none.
Speaker 6: It's a bop for sure, Jose, Jose, number one through twenty please number three, number three, Jose. This famous John began acting in films during the nineteen eighties, from Say Anything to sixteen Candles. Tell me the full name of this John.
Speaker 2: I don't know either those.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm just gonna give a shout out to a John that just came in my head and I've always been entertaining to me.
Speaker 5: Shout out to John Lovett's John love It.
Speaker 2: He is an actor that actually not a bad guy.
Speaker 4: He never seen total scar John Lovetts is incorrect.
Speaker 5: Shout out, we're looking for John Cusack.
Speaker 2: Oh say anything, darn it?
Speaker 5: Saren dipity Jeffrey, it's your turn. Give me number one through twenty please.
Speaker 2: I'll take number eighteen for eighteen, Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: This John is an iconic American singer and songwriter. One of his bigger hits was inspired by a camping trip with his girlfriend in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Name this John?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Well, the first singer John I think of is John Mayer. Yeah, me too, and he's dated a lot of women. Or is it that Chainsmokers song?
Speaker 1: Well, I think you need to think.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know the Polish Master Boulder. Maybe that's about.
Speaker 1: Is there a John John in the Chain.
Speaker 5: Chain Smoker, John E.
Speaker 2: Smoker, Let's go with John chain Smoker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she went with John chain Smoker. That's incorrect. I was looking for John Denver song Rocky Mountain High.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so we're getting we're done with the John edition.
Speaker 6: That means brook Yeah, you won the John Edition of plenty of twenty.
Speaker 5: Is on the John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was meant.
Speaker 5: To be so Brooke.
Speaker 2: It's to choose who gets shocked, and they're going to be singing Jack and Diane by John Cougar, Melon, je.
Speaker 5: Gonna be, she's ready to say she wait for it, Let her do it, Let her do it.
Speaker 1: This is a weird part. What is this part?
Speaker 10: I can't believe you've gotten this far?
Speaker 2: Well, daddy, Jack died. Okay, wait, you know you won right, You're supposed to choose to you.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you let that single song Brooke told you. We're like, who are you picking? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: She starts singing, Just grade out there for a solid minute. Congratulations, that's your shot collar question of the day. We got your phones have coming up in just a few.
Speaker 11: Minutes, brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: If you're on a first date and you do not want to go on a second one, just do all of the stuff on this list. Oh no, it's broken, Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: In the Morning.
Speaker 2: Because a popular publication asks people to name the top food related turn offs that you cannot come back from.
Speaker 1: Oh let me go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the top ones. Number seven is licking your fingers clean on a date.
Speaker 5: So happy we came for ribs.
Speaker 2: Number six is eating something off of your date's plate without asking first, without asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, it's sometimes so hard you don't even think about it when your hand is just reaching for the French fry. It's not like your brain is controlling.
Speaker 2: Wlap that hand away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a one way I think girls are allowed to do about us guys, and we reached none out.
Speaker 2: No, the survey says it's a huge turn. Number five slurping your soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, that's a compliment in certain Asian countries.
Speaker 5: I will explain your date.
Speaker 2: Number four is brooks go to move licking your knife.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, she doesn't run.
Speaker 12: It, just sat down.
Speaker 1: What about your plate?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think the plate's okay. The knife is the one that gives off red flag vibes. Number three is picking your teeth during the day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think I do that some cautious.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say anything about picking your dates teeth though, so that one seems fine. Your number two is talking with your mouth full or chewing with your mouth open.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: And the number one food turn off that you can pull on a first date that will instantly ruin it is spitting something back out onto your poet.
Speaker 1: But I think it's an accident.
Speaker 2: No, purposely if you don't like it. Spitting it onto your plate.
Speaker 1: You got some grizzle from the.
Speaker 2: Me, Yeah, Spit it into a napkin like a gentleman lady.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those are the top food related turnoffs. Laser Stories is coming up right after this. It's the radio segment that's launching a new startup airline called Squish, where the entire plane is only middle seats.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, at least, I'm finally being honest.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how they get that done, but maybe everybody sits in a giant oval, so everybody's in the middle. Welcome the Squish and enjoy your flights.
Speaker 1: You have to stare at each other.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: With Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other bars baguettes just don't. This first laser story is out of Charleston, West Virginia. It was a sad day as a crowd of people gathered for a candlelight vigil to honor an establishment that was very important to them. I'm talking about the local Charleston Hooters. The community had learned that their location was closed and the building would soon be destroyed the humility of it all, and they did not want to mourn alone else, So Cole went out on social media and wouldn't you know it, four hundred people showed.
Speaker 1: Up to Hooters candlelight vigils.
Speaker 2: Out of towners even came from far away as Ohio and North Carolina to pay their respects.
Speaker 1: Sorry, boss, i gotta take the day off of work. I've got a service to attend the boss.
Speaker 2: The service, I'm gonna be there too, that's all carpool. They even hung posters on the fence outside the location, laid flowers down, and lit candles eat sharing what Hooters meant to them.
Speaker 1: Possibly mean, I mean nobody goes there.
Speaker 2: Everybody has their favorite place to eat lunch.
Speaker 1: Put on my nylons and my booty shorts right now.
Speaker 2: And old employees showed up to the vigil as well.
Speaker 1: Are they looking for tips?
Speaker 2: Former Hooters girl Danielle Hugheart spoke about how she helped customers celebrate their birthdays, engagements, and in the waning days of their bachelorhood while wearing the skimpiest of outfas engagements.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, she slid. Yeah, you're not going to any engagement parties at Hooters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not as romantic as they are. Even the original owner was on hand to pay his respects and said, for some people it was all about friendship and community. For others it was all about those two big owls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think for most people it was the owls.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we feel this from the bottom of our hearts. Rip to the Charleston Hooters. You will not be forgotten. This next laser shory is out of the United Kingdom. In Britain. They just celebrated the two hundredth anniversary of the RNLI, or Royal Navy Lifeboat Institution.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 2: They're kind of like our coast Guard, and lately they've been very busy, probably because seventy six year old Finley Burton is keeping them on their toes. Once a week he would try and row a bathtub from Southwest England, three hundred and fifty eight miles away to Scotland.
Speaker 1: Do bathtubs slow? Is there a water displacement thing that's happening there?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Finley dreamed he could do it and always had his dog with him during the attempts. Unfortunately, they get about half a mile out to see before the tubs started sinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, it did sink, okay.
Speaker 2: And that's when the r N l I would come in to save him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it gets a little water in it.
Speaker 10: It's pretty bottom heap.
Speaker 1: How many bathtubs could this man find to do?
Speaker 2: Because they saved him many many times. They always brought his tub back to shore, they did, and no matter what they said to him, he kept on doing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, why didn't they let the tub sink? That could have solved their problem.
Speaker 2: They came up with a better idea and decided the only way to save Finley's life was by destroying his bathtub.
Speaker 1: Suddenly, Finley's in a shower. Now is he doing that?
Speaker 2: They blew it up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: It feels very violent.
Speaker 2: Finley would have gone in and pulled it, TNT that thing and he never tried ever again.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: So in the end, Findley lived, but his dream died. And that's a good lesson for some. Don't let your dream kill you, especially if it's a really dumb one.
Speaker 1: Huh, that is a good lesson. God, we're starting off deep this morning between bathtub races.
Speaker 2: Let's see what's next, because this one's out of carb Craziness Central.
Speaker 1: Don't hate on my carbs.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, did you have a donut this morning? I'd like one because if you did. This might be hard news to hear. But you're a little uglier than when you woke up now.
Speaker 1: That hurt.
Speaker 2: I say that because a study in France found refined carbohydrates make us noticeably less attractive within two hours of eating them.
Speaker 1: So like when I took that Selvia yesterday and I was like, God, I hate the way I look right now. It wasn't because of me. It was because of the lunch I had.
Speaker 2: That's right. I see the saying isn't it goes right to your hips anymore? It goes right to your face?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: And it's true. According to the study, it includes things like doughnuts, bagels, pancakes, muffins, white bread, and sugary cereals hasty. In fact, researchers had volunteers rate how attractive people's faces were before and after they ate breakfast.
Speaker 1: They did the volunteers know that that's what they were getting rated on.
Speaker 5: Well, you know you're starting off as a midge.
Speaker 1: Annie, I'm gonna sign up for a study that's gonna really dropped my self confidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they just thought it was a breakfast study and that with reality, some ate healthy foods and others ate things that were carb heavy. Okay, the people who ate the carbs were seen as significantly less attractive. Oh, just two hours late.
Speaker 4: They're still in there, like huddled over past deposition.
Speaker 2: They're not sure why, but it was true for both men and women, almost unanimously across the board.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not an uggo. I just love sugar.
Speaker 2: I think twice about biting into that breakfast pastry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: This next laser story is out of Missouri.
Speaker 3: Ooh, Missouri.
Speaker 2: If you want to be part of history, get yourself to Saint Louis on Thursday because a place called City Museums hoping to break the world record for most people wearing underpants on their head.
Speaker 1: Oh, my son does this every day, My mom, it's funny.
Speaker 2: The museum already has the world's largest pair of underwear in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's one of those refined Missouri Museum.
Speaker 2: The waistband of it measures sixteen feet. Wow. So they have some experience with this kind of thing. But back to their new attempt. The current record for most people with underwear on their head is two hundred and seventy. It was set at a bookstore in Illinois back in twenty twelve.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 11: Not wearing any pants.
Speaker 13: Film at eleven that.
Speaker 2: The people at City Museum are hoping to crush that mark. Oh and they only need two hundred and seventy one to beat it, but their goal is three hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 1: They want to hold onto that title as long as they can.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because Thursday is March fourteenth. That's pie day, as in the mathematical constant three point one four, but three one four is also the Saint Louis area code, calculating they're.
Speaker 1: Not going with circles or pies. They're going with underwear.
Speaker 2: They're going with the underwear record setting mark. And if you're wondering, you don't need to bring your own pair. Just show up. They're at one pm. They will give you some used undies to toss onto your hands.
Speaker 1: Be sure they just had him in their loss and found already.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And if they need any volunteers for people to provide some definitely do not call this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh and he doesn't have any that's right.
Speaker 2: He doesn't bother with underwear. Commando is his middle name, it actually is his birth certificate. And that sound means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again, same time.
Speaker 11: On Wednesday, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of different messages that you can receive from people, like a text reminder that your dentist appointment is this Tuesday. I like those. Ye make me feel warm inside. Or a crumpled up post it note from your girlfriend wishing you a decent birthday it's not overshoot it. Or maybe a postcard from your family in Venice saying sorry we forgot to bring you on vacation again. Also we moved here now. Nice of them to at least notify you. The cringiest kind of message you can get is from somebody you barely know admitting they really really really really really like you. Luckily, you don't have to receive those messages because we were the ones who got them on our voicemail machine, and we're gonna play them all in a brand new Loser line coming up right after this.
Speaker 11: Is this the right number? It's the Loser Line.
Speaker 2: Go just call me back if you haven't heard the loser line before. It works like this. Let's say a guy approaches you while you're out at the club and uses this charming pickup line on you. Excuse me, miss, but are you my Mexican? Because I believe you are my one and only cet. Whatever you do, don't throw a plate of enchiladas onto his cargo pants. Instead, tell him that you think your dad used that exact same line on your mom twenty years ago, right before you were conceived. And that's when you give him the digits to the loser line. So hopefully he leaves an awkward voicemail we can play on the air voicemails like this one.
Speaker 14: Hello, my darling, I I hope you're not mad with me. Seemed the little surprise, and I told you I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you, and I have a gift for you.
Speaker 15: I found an old shipping container, probably gonna need a little bit of work, but I'm gonna model it into a house. We can build a family and live there. I wanted to get your feedback. You know your thoughts. Your thoughts are important to me, so you know, maybe we can remodel it together.
Speaker 3: Let me know I love you it's good to say, I shouldn't feel.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure when he says he found a shipping container, it's his bunker, they don't you know.
Speaker 2: And he wants to remodel it into a home to build a family.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's some cool shipping containers, but not in that way.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be the same.
Speaker 1: No. No, I don't think it's gonna be light in the areas. It's more like Dungeon.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 8: Next message, Hey Jake, it's a I just wanted to tell you I had so much fun with you the other night, and I love the homework. Assignment you gave me is Mary Bang Kill. So I had to think about it. Out of all the presidents, he told me which ones I would do, and I finally have my answer. So okay, first we're gonna start with bang. And like obviously the answer like everyone would give would be Clinton because like he knows what he's doing. But I'm thinking it might real answer might be Richard Nixon because you know, the bad boys, like they're always the most fun. So I'm gonna go with Nixon on that and then kill. I don't even really want to kill any of them, but if I had to I guess I would choose Lincoln because you know, he gets shot anyway, so I don't know what's the harmon be doing it, So I guess I'll just kill him and then and for Mary, I think I think I'm going to go with Obama on this one, just because, like I'm not exactly sure if he's a legal citizen or not. So if he marries me, then he's going to be a citizen, and I really want that for him. So yeah, now your turn, and you have to do it back to me, and you have to do first, lady.
Speaker 1: I'll be waiting.
Speaker 2: So it is calls like this that we really really appreciate from our listeners who don't just give out the loser line number by itself. They give the person an assignment call and leave a message saying, which president you marry? Bank Kill.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you got worse. It got worse after the Nixon answer. I thought that was going to be the epitome of the bat.
Speaker 2: I think it's sweet that she's trying to bring more citizens to the United States of America. And you know what, if you're down to play some Mary bank Kill, why not head over to our TikTok page at Brooke and Jeffrey right now, so you can tell us which morning show host you'd marry, bang or kill. But remember you can't answer jeff for all three you.
Speaker 1: Want to be killed.
Speaker 2: It would be a good time. Also, while you're there, make sure to watch our live in studio reactions to our top loser lines of the week. We're filming one right now.
Speaker 1: Well Mary bang kill goes over, we will be the dead studio ration.
Speaker 2: Now let's get back to the clips.
Speaker 16: Well, hey, I'm really confused. I mean I can't find the signs anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm looking all around.
Speaker 16: I even went in and I asked somebody, Hey, is there a time place inside? And they were like no, they thought I was crazy. I ended up getting to a fight with the manager too, man, because I know that was the right place. You gave me this address and I know this is where I'm supposed to be. And when I went outside, I even got a kick it on my car. So I'm driving around for a minute now trying to find this place that drives me crazy. Do you do me a favor? Can you please just call me back? I mean I just see it?
Speaker 11: What what imrgin?
Speaker 6: Here you a.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I felt. Is bad for somebody on the loser.
Speaker 2: It's a really good first impression to demonstrate your road rage to your woman right over the phone.
Speaker 1: Self edited, he didn't say the real word.
Speaker 2: Vergin.
Speaker 15: Good for her, Hey, Alie, it's it's I don't know if you remember me.
Speaker 3: We met and uh, you know over the check Nate said, you make that really.
Speaker 2: Like a really funny joke.
Speaker 3: You said, waiter checks please, like we laughed, oh man Like, Oh, anyway, I was.
Speaker 17: I was kind of wondering if I'm sorry, Oh crap.
Speaker 3: My phone's actually about to die.
Speaker 17: Basically, let me hurry.
Speaker 3: I had a really good time with you.
Speaker 15: I think it's so beautiful and like amazing, and I just like like, look, wow, next Friday or Saturday or or whenever you're free by dinner.
Speaker 3: I just want to get to know you.
Speaker 14: And and yeah, coming back, Oh oh.
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't have to actually go that fast my phone. I'm not gonna die with.
Speaker 15: Can we just like rewind past all the parts, go back to the checks mixed stuff, just rewind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just ignore that.
Speaker 2: And oh you kind of wish your phone did die because I was super embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a roller coaster. I feel like that's the same pitch he gave at the end of the date too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I meeting.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if it was an actual date.
Speaker 4: Oh, my uber's here, so I had a really good time with you and me to get your voicemails like you.
Speaker 6: Told me to.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, actually the uber is going to be here in thirty seconds. Remember lit a lose a line regularly at this time every week, and make sure you subscribe to the Brook and Jeffrey TikTok where you can hear your favorite loser line of the week right up on there. Now, we're gonna get into a phone tap.
Speaker 11: Right after the week freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Today we call a guy who got set up by his brother. Apparently they work out together at the same gym, and he's disappointed. His bro just emailed to cancel his membership. It's too expensive, can't afford it anymore. Well, Jose's going to offer him a unique solution though, to possibly continue his membership. And I believe this is the way all gyms will do it in the future once they hear this phone tap Right now.
Speaker 11: It's.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi is this Robert?
Speaker 12: Yes, this is this is the Mario from Jim.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: So I see that you send us an email here about canceling your membership.
Speaker 10: Huh that's not cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we never quit on you. You don't quit on us. It's kind of the gym, you know. Yeah, give me two more reps.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry I interrupted you. What were you saying, Robert?
Speaker 12: Uh no, No, I was just gonna say, like, I sent the email because I mean, I just have a lot of life changes right now.
Speaker 10: And oh yeah I also had ed.
Speaker 4: It gets better, man, there's the advances in medicine are huge, man, believe me.
Speaker 10: I can I can connect you to somebody.
Speaker 12: No, it's just it's it's strictly financial right now for me. No, I don't have any I don't have any problems or anything.
Speaker 10: Oh it's a money thing, got it.
Speaker 4: Well, according to this you pay forty nine ninety five a month, which compared to a few others here, man, that is a screaming deal.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, I understand that. But like I mean, I just yeah, I can't afford like forty nine ninety five a month.
Speaker 4: So it's the forty nine ninety five. Let me think forty nine ninety five. It could go down lower to forty nine ninety Maybe you can go out of forty ninety eight. Maybe you can out of forty eight and eighty nine, maybe forty eight eighty eight?
Speaker 2: Who was it all?
Speaker 5: Who was it now?
Speaker 2: Forty eight forty seven?
Speaker 10: Who wants at forty seven?
Speaker 2: Who wants on forty seven?
Speaker 5: Robbers?
Speaker 10: You want it on forty seven?
Speaker 5: Is that what I'm here?
Speaker 3: Robert?
Speaker 5: Am I hare robber?
Speaker 3: What are you doing, Robert?
Speaker 4: For forty seven dollars for a month?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 5: Grasp?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What?
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 12: I don't know what do you mean?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: You just saved almost two dollars?
Speaker 10: How'd you get that out of me?
Speaker 12: No, dude, you were a gym. I didn't ask to be in an auction.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 12: I don't want an auction for like yeah, and you guys every month like well.
Speaker 4: Our manager has been training us to do these calls auction style, and they work really well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you I'm the best of everyone.
Speaker 12: No, you're not listening to me.
Speaker 4: I've gotten so many deals done. I know you and me could reach an agreement by the end of this call.
Speaker 3: I know we can, Robert, I didn't ask for that.
Speaker 12: And it's still too much money, all right.
Speaker 4: So you were thinking something like forty six fifty, maybe forty six dollars, maybe.
Speaker 5: Forty five dollars.
Speaker 4: Maybe's gonna go down low on May forty eight, forty ninety eight, maybe forty five ninety seven, maybe forty five ninety six, maybe forty five.
Speaker 5: Ninety four.
Speaker 2: Sold They skipped the last.
Speaker 4: Second, and hey, go even down, and I just probably brought my jaw al.
Speaker 16: Dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, man, you are good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 12: What's going on with your with you guys like doing this auction thing, but like, what do you mean stop? Oh just cut it out?
Speaker 4: Like, well, you said stop too late. The auction's over. You're supposed to say it while I'm in the middle. Do you want me to start again?
Speaker 12: Because I don't go back to the going into the stupid voice and the stupid auction thing, Like I don't care what your manager told you to do, Like this is so frustrating. I just want to cut this cost out of my life.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I didn't mean to, like bug you or annoy you or anything. I'm just trying to help. So I'm really sorry, Robert. Honestly, that's I didn't realize I was getting out of hand there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Like I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just I'm just wanting to make a cancelation. Like I've got a lot of things, like things going on right now, and I just can't afford it.
Speaker 10: Look, I get you, man, we all go through hard times. We've all been there.
Speaker 4: Like, what if we just said twenty five bucks a month? Even that's it? No frill is nothing?
Speaker 12: Is it really twenty five bucks a month? Like, yeah, twenty five I mean I might, I might could.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe I.
Speaker 12: Could do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so twenty five dollars works. And then add on the five dollars.
Speaker 10: I didn't me.
Speaker 5: Everything's like, no.
Speaker 4: We got a man's hearts anything, No, we have another five dollars.
Speaker 5: We want forty five dollars.
Speaker 10: Then we got another five movie.
Speaker 16: Now you now what?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Why did you say, Roberts?
Speaker 12: You say stop, stop, hey, sad, stop about.
Speaker 4: Six stays seven dollars, So six stakes seven dollars a month to lift some weights and sweat on the bar more.
Speaker 12: Than I originally had to pay, Like, oh, I'm not paying that.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, the sixty seven bucks was kind of your brother's idea. He's the one that set you up for this whole prank phone call, so let's just blame that on him.
Speaker 12: Huh, what are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: Actually Jose from the radio show Bricking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 10: We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 2: Your brother Kyle set you up.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 4: Were getting pretty pissed off, dude.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was about to have a brain aneurysm in here in these numbers, bet me, And I'm just like, I know, I know.
Speaker 10: It was a lot, but hey, I bet you're relieved you don't have to.
Speaker 5: Pay for the gym anymore.
Speaker 12: To be honest with you, I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted that twenty five dollars deal you said earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're starting on twenty five dollars.
Speaker 10: I was going to twenty six dollars.
Speaker 5: You want to get more?
Speaker 4: You want to know on twenty seven dollars, all I gotta do a say stop.
Speaker 10: We're gonna be here all day until you just hang up. Probably then again, don't.
Speaker 2: Say stop stop there it ass folks.
Speaker 10: We finally got the bill.
Speaker 4: It's officially one four and twenty seven dollars a month, and that's before the claiming veee of five dollars week.
Speaker 11: Us every morning was foom taps weekday mornings on the twenties, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: If you're trying to snag a date with a strapping, good looking business professional, yeah, then you need to call a strapping good looking business professional ish guy who works on the radio.
Speaker 1: Do you know any I do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna raise my hand right there. I qualify for that role because one of our I said professional issues, because one of our listeners went out with a successful man who has one of the most desirable jobs you'd ever find on a dating app, and she's waited for him for not days, not weeks, but months to get another meet up, which is why she's finally reached out to us for our services. And I just hope this strapping gentleman is ready to be strapped by a strap happy strapper like myself. To yourself, it'll all become clear in your second date update. Right after this second date update date. If you go out with somebody that you really, really like. How long you're willing to wait and pursue them hoping to get that second date? What's your maximimy? Is it two weeks before you tap out? Four weeks?
Speaker 1: Wait, you're gonna wait. You're gonna wait that long to get a.
Speaker 2: Second date, That's what I'm saying. How long you're willing to wait for it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say two minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, one of our listeners, Jacqueline, sent us an email saying she met a guy so amazing. She's been trying to lock down date number two for the last four months.
Speaker 1: Jesse. When you said it, the music chrescendo. I'm so right, Jeff.
Speaker 2: And then it's been four months to do whatever it takes. In fact, she's calling in the big guns to get it done today. And that's us. So Jacqueline, thank you for calling at and T welcome to the shoot.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Four months? My gosh, have you been dating other people in that time or are you just holding out for this guy?
Speaker 9: I mean, I've like met up with some other people, but I feel like most of my brain phase is taken up. I like thinking about Tom yeah, thinking about.
Speaker 2: Tom Yeah, he's guy number one in your heart right now. So Tom is his name? How did you meet him?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, were that online?
Speaker 3: Like most people?
Speaker 1: Did you know as soon as you met him that there was something really special about him? I did.
Speaker 9: I got that like feeling. He's a lawyer and he.
Speaker 2: Is say no more, you want us all over? Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: I'm not getting draftees anymore.
Speaker 1: Why you he's busy, That's fine. I was gonna say, and drunk. I mean, lawyers like to throw back.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's a lot of positives that you all just said right there.
Speaker 4: So that's not like your dream guy, a drunken, rich guy.
Speaker 2: I was never around perfect, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe he's honestly been that busy. Yeah, Like when my best friend was working at one of her firms, she was billying I think like ninety hours a week.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's possible. So how do things get started between you and Tom.
Speaker 9: Jacqueline, Well, we have this really good advance on the app, and we have a lot in common of like things we like to do, and here's ridiculously good looking, Like he's so good looking. At first, I was like sort of scared.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Okay, So now it feels like it puts it into a little bit different perspective.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so like he probably has a waiting list of girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you guys do? Did he ask you out?
Speaker 9: Yeah? He asked me out and he went out to dinner and he offered to pick me up, which I thought was like so sweet, but you know, I just had to look out for my safety. So so what so I like took a car service there and.
Speaker 1: That smart before you meet somebody.
Speaker 9: So yeah, we went to this Mediterranean place that I'd never been to. It was outside, it was really pretty at all those like little fairy light O love. What else he did that I loved was like one she was actually dressed properly, like I've gone on it on so many appdates and guys are just like they just came from the gym or something, and she was like waiting outside the restaurant for me, which I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And so what about the actual date itself when you sat down to have dinner with him? How was that?
Speaker 9: It was great? We had so much like we were laughing, We had so much to talk about, Like we had to keep asking the waiter to come back in five minutes. We even looked at the menu.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great sign, yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 9: He never took out his phone.
Speaker 2: Do you remember a lot from a date that happened four months ago? Yeah, she found every single detail.
Speaker 1: She found a lawyer that doesn't take out their phone. I think that that doesn't even exist, you.
Speaker 9: Know, yeah, like you would remember that you.
Speaker 2: Said a lot of good things. Did anything bad happen on the date? Because it has been a long time since you guys hung out.
Speaker 9: I don't think anything bad, like, because I've been running it over and over in my mind. The only thing I can think is like, I wish I could tell your picture, but like his jaw is so shiveled. I was like I kept saying, like, are you sure you don't mew?
Speaker 1: And you you don't mew the exercise to make your chin better?
Speaker 9: Yes, And he didn't know what I was talking about, like I had him.
Speaker 2: Can you explain it to some of the listeners who don't know what that is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you make like the mew sound, you're like new me and like kind of defines your job.
Speaker 5: Muscles.
Speaker 2: Any Wait, where were you doing that to show him during the date?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think a funny moment. Yeah, like you were trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's.
Speaker 18: Sort of a couple.
Speaker 9: But I mean you did look at me like what are you doing? But like it wasn't like I can stand up on the table and do it for Emily.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, I'm sure lawyers love to be on a date with cats.
Speaker 1: Basically, Oh, come on, jes she's just being playful, like you don't want to date somebody that's super serious and can't No.
Speaker 2: Maybe she like pulled like a ball of string around on the table too, very playful.
Speaker 4: She's like, you know, hold on, I'm gonna get this hair ball.
Speaker 2: So was there any like romantic stuff that happened on the day. Was there a kiss?
Speaker 9: Maybe there wasn't, unfortunately, but he did say you wanted to see me again and gave me a really long, tight, tight hug.
Speaker 1: So oh, she's still living in the embrace. Have you had zero contact with him since some were.
Speaker 2: Yet know what's happen in the last four months?
Speaker 9: Well, at first I texted him a little bit more. He said he wanted to see me again and everything, and then his birthday was two weeks ago, so I texted him for that.
Speaker 1: Why do you know that?
Speaker 9: I just know it.
Speaker 2: Just came into her brain naturally. Okay, So now it's been four months since that dinner date with this lawyer guy, and you've come to us hoping that we can get him to agree to a second date.
Speaker 10: Yes, all right, I have to be on your a game because this is a lawyer week.
Speaker 1: Maybe you get Maybe we just say this is a belated birthday present.
Speaker 2: That won't creep him out at all. Let's do that when we come back and get your second date update right after this hold on second date update four months. Most people don't wait that long to reach out to us trying to score another date. But our listener, Jacqueline is a unique individual.
Speaker 1: Hey, and she met a unique man.
Speaker 2: She figured out that man's birthday happened recently and won't tell us how she knew that, But that really doesn't matter. The bottom line is this, Her date Tom was very attractive. He's a lawyer, so duh, she wants to see him again.
Speaker 1: No, the interal connection, Jeffrey, was it just that she really enjoyed him.
Speaker 2: But her first two points to us were he's beautiful and a lawyer. To help her, he doesn't even have to mete for that jawline. That's all natural, baby. But the big problem is he's not reaching back out to her in the last four months. So we're gonna try and change that for you today, Jacqueline, how you doing.
Speaker 11: I'm good.
Speaker 18: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I was totally clear. Did he ever hit you back at all?
Speaker 5: Just zero?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I don't want you to be like her if he doesn't remember who you are four months ago, totally.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I haven't reached back to my mother in the last like four to five years, so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's completely dead.
Speaker 5: No, she is looking for.
Speaker 1: You actively though, And do you know her first name?
Speaker 2: You know what? Come back to me at the end of the segment and.
Speaker 10: I'll remember that actual exactly.
Speaker 2: But let's give this guy Tom a call. Tom the lawyer will see if he answers. Are we calling his cell phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I gave you his cell phone and he's definitely going to remember me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's positive. I like that thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not sure if I like the way that you said that, but okay, we're gonna style it here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello? Is it Tom?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Oh you're so formal? Answer your phone professional? Yeah, Hey Tom, nice to meet you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Do you have a second Hello Thomas? Okay, did you hang up little too much? Hello?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 3: I'm here? I'm sorry. Who is this?
Speaker 2: My name is jeff from a award winning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morn.
Speaker 1: That's actually true.
Speaker 2: It happened a long time ago, but it happened like.
Speaker 1: When the book City and Everyone has one.
Speaker 3: You're on the radio right now, man, That's what the call is regarding.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a great question actually regarding you and your dating life with a woman that you went out with about four months ago named Jacqueline.
Speaker 3: Jacqueline. Yeah, okay, do.
Speaker 1: You remember Jacqueline? She definitely remembers you.
Speaker 2: You guys met online and went out to like a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh it was Mediterranean, Mediterranean food.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she loved your jaw.
Speaker 13: I yes, I do remember who you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I got a little laugh out of you.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking about calling her back?
Speaker 3: I know? If I'm being completely out.
Speaker 1: That's okay. We hear that sometimes.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason.
Speaker 13: Why I'm not gonna be calling Jacqueline back? I'm gonna end up staying away from her?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: It was, it was strange.
Speaker 1: What was strange?
Speaker 2: The date?
Speaker 3: Well, the date, No, the date was fine. We had a lovely time out.
Speaker 13: The problem was that she was overly forward.
Speaker 3: After the date.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What happened after?
Speaker 13: Jacqueline was leaving voicemails at my place of work? Oh, she knew I was an attorney and apparently found out where I worked.
Speaker 2: She said that you weren't answering her, and so she was trying to reach you anyway possible because she was really really excited about the potential for your relationship.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did that feel like a boundary that was crossed there for you? Okay? Did you tell her though, because you know, people who maybe don't work in your line of field don't feel the same.
Speaker 13: Well, after about the fourth or fifth voicemail, I remember she did get in contact with my secretary and.
Speaker 1: What did she say to her?
Speaker 3: My secretary had her.
Speaker 13: On the line and I had to, you know, fib and say I'm extremely busy with the case, which, truth be told, I was busy with the case.
Speaker 3: But the other issue.
Speaker 13: With all of this is that I never gave Jacqueline the information of what law firm I work at.
Speaker 1: How did she fight to LinkedIn?
Speaker 3: You know, I do not know off the top of my head.
Speaker 13: I did not inquire about.
Speaker 3: Her further into this, I guess lately.
Speaker 2: Kend Of just.
Speaker 13: Wrote that off. I found that it was a little bit of a really intrusive move.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, that's going to be good for her to hear a little odd.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'm sorry that she I know you said you're trying to avoid her. We made kind of an oops because she's actually on the phone with us right now in the other line listening to this.
Speaker 1: She heard all that.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, that's that's how this segment works, and she's wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey guys, Hey.
Speaker 9: Tom, I'm so happy that, like I get to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: I'm cut a while, Jacqueline, what are you doing?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I was just trying to get a hold of you because I've been thinking about you and I have such a good time when we went out, and he said, you want to see me again?
Speaker 13: So I did at a certain point, But this is getting borderline stalker behavior. This is insane. You're using a radio station to contact me. I'm working right now. I thought this was a client.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm so sorry. But if you would have gotten back to me, like I wouldn't have called them. And I think stalker is like way overblown. I've left the couple messages that you're work.
Speaker 10: Say that often it's not technically.
Speaker 3: If it's not stalkers, how did you find out where I work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually that's a good question.
Speaker 1: It's going to be hard to win an argument against a lawyer right now.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: In my defense, it was so simple, like all your pictures on the app, Like I saw that there was one picture of you outside the courtyard and you could see the courthouse across the street.
Speaker 12: So all I did was go on Google.
Speaker 9: Find the courthouse, and then I knew you were working in the building across from it. So you know, I called a couple of different law firms. Will I find you?
Speaker 1: That made it sound worse.
Speaker 2: You you did detective work based on a picture on his profile.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all ladies will do that, Like you look for contract clues in the pictures.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: You do it, but you just know where's the harm.
Speaker 1: I don't tell.
Speaker 2: You can't leave the evidence behind that.
Speaker 9: Okay, I wouldn't have left voicemails if you would have just returned my call. And you know, he had mentioned that he wasn't really loving his new secretary, So I thought, maybe.
Speaker 1: You didn't love Wait did you just say he didn't like his new secretary?
Speaker 9: He mentioned that when we had dinner.
Speaker 2: The new secretary, Tom, can you see how maybe you've brought some of this upon yourself? Stop it, but at a bare minimum, you have to be impressed with how she was able to figure out where or scared Jeffrey new.
Speaker 9: Section me Tom on the date?
Speaker 18: What's your best quality?
Speaker 9: And I said, I'm determined, And so I think I'm proving that I was determined to get a hold of you again.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a good side and a bad side to every quality.
Speaker 18: And I'm gonna have to like disagree with you about your secretary because she's totally friendly when I call, and obviously there she is.
Speaker 2: She's still there.
Speaker 1: We can convert, Yeah, not for long if she keeps giving out Tom's information.
Speaker 9: I found his information. I figured that all out on my own to like find a want credit for that.
Speaker 1: Oh, col he is not impressed, Tom.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll be impressed if you wish him happy belated birthday right now?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? That?
Speaker 2: Lets you figure that it's your birthday. That's called persistence.
Speaker 1: I thought she texted you the birthday message.
Speaker 3: I blocked her a long time ago. I don't see anything she send to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, why he didn't get the message? You better tell it to him. Better wish him happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Right now, dude?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Or better yet, you can wish him happy birthday when you meet face to face for your second date, a date that we will pay for if Tom agrees to it. What do you think, Tom?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear message.
Speaker 2: Well, are you sure you want to say that, because I'm pretty sure Jacquelin's on the other side of the door from where you are right now, So I want to say yes, Just say yes, we'll go right now.
Speaker 3: I would not be surprised at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, Jacqueline, you do understand what he's saying, right, Yeah, No.
Speaker 9: I get it. I mean there was a couple of times, like one of my friends wanted to meet for lunch, and she sort of lived over by that courthouse, like down that way.
Speaker 18: So we went and we had.
Speaker 9: Lunch, trying to maybe run into Tom and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's more than one crazy of you.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want Jacqueline to leave this phone call empty handed. That's why, Jaqueline, we're going to offer to send you out to lunch with Tom's secretary. You get along with so much.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Please don't go to lunch with my secretary.
Speaker 11: Please freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think this is going to be one of those dates we look back at and say, you know what, maybe there'll be better off as friends.
Speaker 1: I was thinking to be one of those dates where we turn the audio over to authorities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that'd be nice and they can be friends and you can visit her every few months while she's in prison. She gets herself.
Speaker 1: Into after this, there's any friendships ahead, it'll be nice.
Speaker 2: They could write each other letters back and forth.
Speaker 1: I think that it'll just be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never going to respond. But remember you can listen to all of our podcasts with our second Dates are Awkward, Tuesdays, Closure calls, a whole lot more up at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 11: Ye Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's so disappointing when you find out that you got scammed on the internet. Oh yeah, like when your Tinder date shows up and turns out to be a catfish, or when that item that you ordered off a Chinese Facebook ad never arrives at your house. Luckily, there's one place on the Internet that doesn't try to fool you with fancy words or fake promises of happiness. Where I'm talking about Craigslist, Dodd or a website so sketchy, so unapologetically bottom barrel, you couldn't be disappointed with your experience even if you try actually not wrong.
Speaker 1: Even when I buy furniture, I feel that way, there's.
Speaker 2: Something to it. Let's all lower those expectations and enjoy a brand new misconnections coming up right after this.
Speaker 11: Kity misconnections that was me staring.
Speaker 2: There's only two places to find true love in this world. One is on an exploration trip to Mars, when you and the Russian cosmon not find a whole new meaning for the word space.
Speaker 1: Junk, no same meaning that I had when I was on Earth.
Speaker 2: Jeff on the others on the pages of craigslist dot org, a website that we scour every single week to find the best misconnections that they have to offer, like this first one titled your hahas gave me the hot hots, Oh woman for man thirties comedy club open mic night. Oh okay, she says, Oh my god, you were so funny the other night. You were the comic that had the joke about Ken hooking up with g I Joe hilarious. I don't know why no one else laughed. I thought it was so funny.
Speaker 1: If no one's been to a comedy open mic, you should just show you know what awkward silence feels like.
Speaker 2: She says. I was the unnatural blonde sitting four rows back that shouted that shouted, Hey g I Joe, I'm Barbie, let me see your weapon.
Speaker 1: How was she funnier than the comedians?
Speaker 2: I was a little tipsy, so I don't remember exactly what you said back to me, but whatever it was, I totally cracked up.
Speaker 1: You gotta laugh.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly no one else did again this room. I guess we were vibing and no one could enter our atmospheres after our flirty exchange you played. He told the waitress to cut me off. She thought you were serious. Does she not understand that you work in a comedy club?
Speaker 1: Hello? And does he not understand the only person laughing at him is the one lady boy like me?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I went out to get some fresh air and ended up going home with some guy that said he was friends with Cedric the entertainer. He's almost as funny as you. Almost anyways, will you call me please? Signed B Yeah, B for Barbie. This next misconnection is titled I drew a bird, Then you gave me the bird? Oh Man for woman thirties College of Art and Design.
Speaker 1: Feels like her message is clear, sir.
Speaker 2: He says, we used to sit next to each other in three dimensional design, remember me, I was the only guy there?
Speaker 1: Then, she probably does.
Speaker 2: And every day you came in and said, you're not going to draw another grouping of triangles again?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 2: What can I say? If you're good at something, don't stop.
Speaker 1: He's got those three sides down.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that was about five years ago. Now I can't find you anywhere online. Last thing I heard about you was that you couldn't afford tuition anymore, So you moved back home to become a nanny. Oh oh, that story was boring though, So I told everyone at school you had to leave because of alien hands syndrome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually I would appreciate him. My life had come to back living with my parents. I'm like, please, who cares? It sounds cool?
Speaker 2: He says, look it up. It's cool regardless. You're probably wondering why I'm reaching out to you via Craigslist. Now it turns out I actually made something of myself and I work on the highway construction crew for the state. Pretty cool. And you'll never guess what my current project is.
Speaker 1: Oh tell me, it's a trying.
Speaker 2: I'm making yield signs for them. I just wanted you to know the dream lives on.
Speaker 1: Every time I pass a road time, I'm gonna think of the passion that goes down, he says.
Speaker 2: Hit me up for the reunion in a few years. Maybe we can go together. That signed spoink.
Speaker 10: Oh, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: All came full.
Speaker 1: Try hit the three points.
Speaker 2: This next misconnection is titled bow Chick a Chihuahua.
Speaker 11: Dog.
Speaker 2: He says, man for woman seventies back patio palm garden's retirement comp.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 1: Wait, I was.
Speaker 2: The one who found your blind chihuahua taking a little bitty poopsy on my begonias. After a few calls to neighbors, you came to collect your prize, and you walked away with two your dog and a party bag of your pooches misgiving.
Speaker 1: He's gonna say, my heart, you gave her back.
Speaker 2: The dog dropping. Our interaction was brief, I'll admit, but I believe you noticed the canister of pepper spray in my hand just in case our conversation didn't go right. How could that conversation go that far south?
Speaker 1: Like she was getting her Doberman from your backyard After.
Speaker 2: Our te de tay, I invited you inside for some country crackers and some spiked coolie weird stuff. You declined, so I took off my shirt and said, how about now.
Speaker 1: I feel like it took him five minutes to get.
Speaker 2: You coyly pretended to not hear me, but you did look me up and down with your one good eye. After that, you proceeded to walk out my back gate, and that's when I stopped you and said, hold on, be careful. There's a trap door right in front of you, and the only way out is through my bedroom. Come sadly you kept walking. It's unfortunate because that line worked ninety percent of the time in the eighties.
Speaker 5: I swear.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, let's try again. What else are you gonna do? Let's be real.
Speaker 1: That signed Bruce, even an old guy, He's gross.
Speaker 2: I'm going to that retirement complex and saying, what's up a fun place? Misconnections has come to it.
Speaker 11: As brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: They say you should never meet your heroes, but Jose, you're about to today.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, Jim Carrey.
Speaker 2: Even more important to Jose's life is today's player Nate, who drives for.
Speaker 8: Uber Eat.
Speaker 2: Right, loves his job that he can make his own schedule, and has done over nine thousand food trips. Oh wow, welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: How's it going, bro give.
Speaker 4: Me some tips, because I've always said the second I get fired from the show, I am.
Speaker 1: You actually have to let go. Would be so bad, You'd get distracted in the middle of a food delivery and.
Speaker 4: I would call someone and go, Honestly, why didn't you get the extra two dollars?
Speaker 2: Such a good deal.
Speaker 1: I want to know Nate like, outside of just bad tippy and what is the worst customer behavior there?
Speaker 17: I had this one guy saying that he's gonna whoop me up because I didn't get his jack at the box doing at ten thirty at night? What and he and he said, I have a bat waiting for you. I'm like, well, I'm good with that. So I called Uber support and they were like, yeah, we're just gonna take them off the platform. And I was still on text with him and I said, hey, thank you for buying me dinner. And I said this burger is so delicious. And then I did I cut it off with them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all right, name now we got again, just some trivia. Brooke has left the studio and you know it works. You got thirty seconds answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when you can say past, you have to beat her out right if you want to win. You sound nervous?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 17: I'm good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I got deep breath.
Speaker 3: Man, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Your time starts now. March is National Dolphin Month. They can breathe underwater. True or false?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: Oxford, Oxford and Cambridge are universities located in which country.
Speaker 3: England.
Speaker 2: Zero is the name of the animated dog from which movie. On April fifteenth, every MLB player wears the number four to honor who.
Speaker 17: Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 2: Barbie has three little sisters named Stacy, Chelsea and who else?
Speaker 17: Emily?
Speaker 2: All right, Nate, well done? That was his first attempt at win Birch Bucks today, his first time on the game. How did that feel, Nate?
Speaker 17: It was fun?
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 8: It goes by fast absolutely and.
Speaker 2: Going back to your nine thousand trips on uber eats, it says a lot of times when the order comes in, you'll get requests from people asking like, hey, while you're at McDonald's, can you also swing by and pick up some beers for me too?
Speaker 11: What right?
Speaker 2: You don't like come through for them?
Speaker 17: I mean money talk?
Speaker 5: So okay, right?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Your time starts now? March is National Dolphin Month. They can breathe underwater tru or false. Oxford and Cambridge are University is located in which country England. Zero is the name of the animated dog from which movie pass. On April fifteenth, every MLB player wears the number forty two to honor who Babe Ruth Barbie has three little sisters named Stacy, Chelsea and who else?
Speaker 1: Skipper?
Speaker 2: Which month of the year is national ice cream months? June a Cello has how many strings? Four Brooks seemed like she was on her game. They let's go to the scoreboard and see how you both did with Jose Don't say.
Speaker 1: That, never say that, Joney's never say dog.
Speaker 2: That's right, yeah, June.
Speaker 5: Right, date. You got too correct today?
Speaker 2: Not bad first time.
Speaker 1: After I made a lot of guesses. I'll tell you that Nate.
Speaker 4: Brook made a lot of guesses, but her pacing was fantastic. She got two extra questions in and got four of those questions.
Speaker 2: For double j out there, Nate. I'm sorry, man, but let's go over the answers for everybody. March is National Dolphin Month. They can breathe underwater. That's false.
Speaker 5: First give it.
Speaker 2: We still gave you credit for that one. W you changed your answer. They have to come up to the surface if they want to breathe. Oxford and Cambridge our university is located both in England. Zero is the animated dog from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas. Is Jack Skellington star say it On April fifteenth, every MLB player wears the number forty two to honor not Kobe Bryant and not Babe Ruth.
Speaker 1: Did Jackie Robinson.
Speaker 2: It was Jackie Robbins, the first African American MLB player.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Barbie has three little sisters, Stacy, Chelsea and Skipper. National Ice Cream Month is in July and a cello has four strings on it, So Nate, unfortunately, not enough to beat Brooke today. But just we're playing. You do win a pair of tickets to Massive The Power of Pop Culture at MoPOP. It's their newest flagship exhibition exploring global pop culture and its impact on our daily life lives. The exhibit opens March sixteenth, and tickets are on sale now at MoPOP dot org.
Speaker 17: Thank you, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: I love I love listening to you guys.
Speaker 5: So I love to order a delivery from you soon. Friends.
Speaker 3: Hey, there you go.
Speaker 2: No, just give us your number and we'll call you directly.
Speaker 12: I will cook you up.
Speaker 2: It's like three in the morning.
Speaker 3: We need you.
Speaker 1: State yo.
Speaker 2: Hey Ny, thanks for being on with us. We'll be back to the Windbrooks book same time tomorrow. Rooking Jeffrey in the morning.