Speaker 1: Don't you love podcasts? You can literally listen wherever you are. Someone left us a review saying that they listen at the gym.
Speaker 2: So if that's you, right now, pick up the pace and one and two and and the show is gonna start now.
Speaker 3: Fun fact about me, most of my co hosts know this. I love Subway, not being paid to say it. I just do, always have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: I talked about it multiple times.
Speaker 7: On the show before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we always get Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Here though, well, because they're the ones that offered to pay, and you guys want the Jimmy guns.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, So you're a Subway guy, I know you.
Speaker 4: You have one sandwich that you order every single time.
Speaker 7: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: And I was getting my favorite sandwich the other day, foot long.
Speaker 7: Turkey with chips inside.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 4: You asked the chips there. You don't do it yourself?
Speaker 1: No, WHOA are you serious?
Speaker 4: By demand?
Speaker 3: They're the artists. I'm just letting them do their craft.
Speaker 4: You're just telling them how to art.
Speaker 1: I used to work there and I never put chips in for anybody.
Speaker 3: The total came out to around seventeen bucks, probably taking your chip feet and I'm thinking that is quite a bit of dough. It is, so I'm paying, and then the prompt comes up on the credit card machine, how much do you want to tip? I'm already paying seventeen dollars.
Speaker 4: For this, yes, but you're also and for chips, So what do you do?
Speaker 7: Two things changed my mind.
Speaker 3: One, I looked across the counter and the employee is staring at me with big puppy dog like eyes, like I made this for you with my own hands, sweating, my blood is in this sandwich. And the second factor that Subway was playing our radio station over the speakers at the time, so I felt kind of obligated to tip them very well, just say. And then I see an article this morning that says a new survey found seventy six point one percent of people believe tipping has gone too far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brooke, you agree?
Speaker 8: I mean, where was I the other day where they asked for a tip? And I'm like, I haven't even talked to anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the biggest percentage of people who believe it's gone too far is actually the service workers themselves. Oh really, And it's not that they don't want more money. They love more money. They just want to hire wage so they don't even have to worry about tips.
Speaker 2: I know, seriously, they have to practice the dough eyes at you.
Speaker 8: No, but people don't like living wages, you know, the employers money.
Speaker 3: The anti tipping trend appears to be taking hold now and around seventy four percent of service workers. I've noticed customers are now tipping less.
Speaker 4: Because people are exhausted by it so expensive.
Speaker 3: Already, we're always shouting out our instagrams on this show. What we should be doing is shouting out our and most you know, we'll see how the shot collar question of the day goes, and then maybe if he does a really good job digital Jake's gonna earn a tip right afterwards.
Speaker 10: Of course, not, Jeffrey. I do this for the love of the game.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Jake.
Speaker 10: There's a talented troop of tenacious tactical types that around this time of year engage in covert missions of subterfuge, entrapment, and high caliber capitalism right in front of.
Speaker 1: Our very eyes.
Speaker 10: We're talking about again, I'm talking about the Girl Scouts, and today it happens to be national Girl Scout Day. Okay, every year they're solely responsible for adding around two thousand pounds to our total office weight to their boxes of delicious cooks worth it. Unfortunately, I don't have any thin mints to give you, but instead I have a sleeve of trivia questions for a special Girl Scout edition of lenty of twenty. All right, let's start with Alexis today. Alexis, give me number one through twenty and I'll give you a Girl Scout question. Let's go seven or seven, Alexis. There's an official Girl Scout promise. It's on my honor. I will try to serve God my country, to help people at all times, and to live by the Girl Scout law. And they use a special hand sign while reciting it. How many fingers do they hold up during the Girl Scout promise?
Speaker 7: Does sound like the radio promise that we make when we get our jobs here.
Speaker 8: I just swore that I was going to be here till by death.
Speaker 7: Different you put a dagger right to your own throat.
Speaker 4: Trying to think is to the Hunger Games?
Speaker 5: You know what they do?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hunger Games.
Speaker 4: Four looks kind of funny.
Speaker 8: So maybe I'll say three fingers up, three fingers.
Speaker 10: Alexis said, three fingers. That is correct. It's the pointer, middle and ring fingers.
Speaker 7: You weren't a girl scout growing up.
Speaker 10: No hunger games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go over to Brook.
Speaker 10: All right, Brook, give me number one through twenty. Please twelve Brook. I'm gonna name three famous music artists, and you need to tell me which one was not a girl scout.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 10: Your options are Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, and Meghan the Stallion. Which one was not a girl scout?
Speaker 4: So I was not a girl scout. I was in Campfire Kids, which what's that? We sold all Monrocah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: But I actually think, and I'm just gonna tell you it's because of age situations here.
Speaker 4: I don't think Taylor Swift was.
Speaker 8: I think that she started her music career young, which means she was concentrated on that.
Speaker 4: So I think she was not a girl scout.
Speaker 10: Brook went with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 11: That is.
Speaker 10: Correct. I was looking for Meghan the Stallion. Scouts Mariah and Taylor were. So Brooke is out. We're gonna move over to Jose. Jose, please give me number one through twenty. Let's go six number six. If you've ever seen a Girl Scout, they earned badges that they wear on their uniforms for achieving different things in the past. Which of these was not a real badge? Two of these are real. One of these is not. The law and order badge for polygraph and DNA testing, the cosmetic surgery badge for studying ways to surgically alter a person's appearance, or the laundrous badge for expertise in laundry. Your options again, lawn order, cosmetic surgery or laundry badge? Which one is not real?
Speaker 2: Each one has its merits, all right, everyone, Kimber just got her rhino plastic.
Speaker 1: You smell well. Alright, I'm gonna say the cosmetic one has to.
Speaker 10: Be jose said, cosmetic surgery badge. That is correct. That one's not real.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 10: With that, we're on to Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey, give me number one through twenty three.
Speaker 10: What are the three seas of the Girl Scouts. Jeffrey, I'll give you two of them. Courage, confidence, and what's the third?
Speaker 3: Courage confidence it's not cookies. Courage, confidence and consistency. That's not a thing I sell, Maury. Right now, what's exciting communism.
Speaker 7: I have no idea about.
Speaker 10: Jeffrey went with communism. That's the fourth Sea. I'm sorry, the unofficial fourth Sea. I was looking for character. Oh character, we're back to Alexis. If you get this wrong, Jose's winning the Girl Scout you usition in twenty of twenty, Alexis, give me another number, number ten. The original Girl Scout cookie came out in nineteen seventeen when a troop in Oklahoma began baking their own and it was pretty basic. What kind of cookie was it?
Speaker 8: Oh, if it's basic, it's got to be the short bread rights the tree.
Speaker 10: Alexis said, short bread.
Speaker 11: That is.
Speaker 10: Correct. Look for sugar cookie.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jose the Girl.
Speaker 10: Scout and they should have plenty of twenty Girls Scout.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't let me in, look at me name.
Speaker 3: Since Jose wins, he gets to choose who gets shocked. And someone's going to be singing milkshake by Kalie, So who is.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be you?
Speaker 3: Jeff Okay, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yard.
Speaker 1: They should sell milkshakes too, awesome.
Speaker 7: That's her shot collar. Question of the Day.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Weird talents, we all have them. Yeah, jose can make a water droplet sound using just his mouth.
Speaker 4: Really fun, do it?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 8: Oh, they're really on today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was coming through.
Speaker 1: I thought it was good thought, turned out turned my mic up.
Speaker 3: Nis Alexis knows the first twenty numbers of pie.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, Okay, she's such a secret.
Speaker 3: Door and I'm an award winning synchronized tongue dancer. I can't really be displayed over the radio.
Speaker 4: I don't really want to see it.
Speaker 7: But what about Brook? What's her special talent?
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 3: It's one about what you learned at your Montana Backwood sorority house does not count as quote talent.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you we had to go off campus for that story.
Speaker 3: If Brook has one special ability, it's being a whiz at random useless trivia.
Speaker 7: It's the one thing she's got.
Speaker 3: And now you can challenge the goat and beat Brook at her own game. We're gonna do it trivia style. Coming up, We've got a return player on the phone named Trent, who says he just got back from a vacation to Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Hey yeah, oh, he sounds so relaxed, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, happy place.
Speaker 3: You're telling that just to make us feel bad, Trent.
Speaker 11: I can feel that. I'm loving it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: What was your favorite thing you did?
Speaker 1: Little gonna ask that. What was the best part of your trip?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 11: Oh man, we had such a great relaxing time. But we did take a helicopter ride.
Speaker 3: My kids and I did stole a helicopter no wow, and the kids drove it.
Speaker 9: Jerry.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Bro, We're glad that you had a good time over there. Brook's gonna go out of the studio. While she leaves, Let's explain the rules for everybody. It's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat her outright if you want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 11: I will do our best?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my man, your time starts now on this day. In twenty twelve, the Hunger Games premiered in theaters. Who played Catnus, Oh my gosh, path how many holes are in a standard Ritz Cracker?
Speaker 11: Twenty three?
Speaker 3: Suddenly Seymour and Grow for Me are songs from what famous Broadway musical.
Speaker 7: The Little Shop of Horror, which Korean.
Speaker 3: Martial art translates to the way of the foot and fist. How old was Kurt Cobain when he died?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 7: What are the forty.
Speaker 3: Days and nights before Easter known as in the Catholic community lent?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Trent, what a little bit of a slow start there, but really got going as a game. Well, oh, well played Trent and he felt good about himself there. And you might remember Trent being on the show before because he has that food truck called the Frying Dutchman. Yeah, what's the top selling menu item right now at the Frying Dutchman.
Speaker 11: Well, we bactually introduced the fish sandwich fish witch and it is so good on a Brioche's.
Speaker 1: They are using their cod halim but probably.
Speaker 11: Cod caught on that. But I do have hal of it also at times and especially yeah, is so good?
Speaker 4: Wait, I forget what do you guys typically sell it? Dutch food? Is it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 11: When I went when I went to Holland, I fell in love with the French fries because their stands through it just about a far part of the Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Are And yeah, okay, so it's French fries. Is the stable are they?
Speaker 6: Are?
Speaker 4: They skinny ones?
Speaker 6: Fat?
Speaker 9: Ones.
Speaker 11: No, they're fat fries.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I like JoJo's.
Speaker 4: I'm a skinny fry lady. Just give me a shoe strong.
Speaker 11: No, I've lost both of you.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I the fries, I like them any shape. Yeah, just like my ladies.
Speaker 4: I'll still eat them with me.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about how hungry we were before we started.
Speaker 7: This is not helping.
Speaker 4: What's sad is that I already ate my lunch for the day.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, now you're well satiated to answer some questions. You ready, Yeah, your time starts now on this day. In twenty twelve, the Hunger Games premiered in theaters. Hoop Cat Sepherdeen, Jennifer Lawrence? How many holes are in a standard Ritz Cracker?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 3: In six Suddenly Seymour and Grow for Me are songs from what famous Broadway musical.
Speaker 4: The Plant One.
Speaker 3: I can't Little Horse, which Korean martial art translates to the Way of the Foot and fist.
Speaker 4: Oh? Interesting? Taekwondo?
Speaker 3: How old was Kurt Cobain when he died twenty eight?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: That could be close?
Speaker 3: One Today's scoreboard to check out how you did with Jose.
Speaker 9: I love crack.
Speaker 10: I'm absolutely cuckoo Crack.
Speaker 1: Family, Trent, I rarely get to say this. You have more questions, and.
Speaker 4: I know I got really stuck on horse Crent.
Speaker 1: You got three correct today.
Speaker 4: That's that's gonna be close.
Speaker 1: Also three.
Speaker 12: Trends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the tie does go to the house on these Let's go over the answers for everybody. On this day, twenty twelve, Hunger Games premiered in theaters, starring Catnus Everdeen played by Jennifer Lawrence. There are seven holes in a standard Ritz Cracker, representing these seven deadly sins?
Speaker 4: Are you joking.
Speaker 9: Exactly? What? No?
Speaker 3: This the poke holes because it bakes even six sinecircle in one in the middle. Seven Sin of indulgence, Suddenly, Seymour and grow for Me are songs from Little Shop of Whores. The Korean martial art that translates to the way of the foot and fist is taekwondo. Kurt Cobain died in that twenty seven Club seven Club, twenty seven years old, forty days and nights before Easter. You didn't get to this one brook that's known in the Catholic community as lent Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trently that one.
Speaker 3: So unfortunately it wasn't enough to take down Brook, But the good news is just for playing. You win a pair of tickets to Massive the Power of Pop Culture at MoPOP, their newest flagship exhibition exploring global pop culture and its impact on our daily lives. It opens March sixteenth. Tickets are available now at MoPOP dot org.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 8: So fun, and we'll come find your food truck and you can turn me on to fat fries you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one way.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being back with us. Brook, We'll be back or Trench.
Speaker 4: I'm always here. You are very welcome. I'm not going on like I get enough thanks around.
Speaker 3: Thank you everyone of that part of this segment, we're gonna do a phone tap. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. When you go into someone's house for the very first time, that could be kind of awkward because you're wandering around looking at stuff, saying awkward things like oh, I love the artwork that she had chose for this place. Yeah there that bed sure looks.
Speaker 4: Why are in their bedroom?
Speaker 7: I don't know, I'm just being shown around.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: All those children in the photos you have up are those yours?
Speaker 9: All of them?
Speaker 4: Times you don't know what to do typically yours related.
Speaker 3: Occasionally, you'll find yourself somewhere in the house that you know you shouldn't be, and you wonder, do I keep going or should I turn back?
Speaker 7: One of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Most people would turn back, but one of our listeners reached that point and decided, Nah, I'm gonna keep searching. And what she accidentally stumbled upon has stuck with.
Speaker 7: Her for years.
Speaker 3: She's never told a soul about it until today, when she will finally reveal what she saw during a brand new mass speaker.
Speaker 7: It's coming up right after this. You don't know me your confession. I can't take back.
Speaker 1: Earl Arms.
Speaker 7: Got a Texas seventy eight five nine two that says, if I did the mass speaker, I do.
Speaker 3: How I found out My first time wink wink was with my fourth cousin upside down smiley face O. God can we didn't find out till twelve years later from a DNA app laugh emoji.
Speaker 1: Emoji.
Speaker 4: Fourth is pretty far removed.
Speaker 3: Oh great, Now that confession has got Brooke all excited.
Speaker 8: Take seven degrees from Kevin Bacon or whatever it is, right, Yeah, I remember that everybody's like only seven degrees.
Speaker 4: I mean no, I remember, I don't.
Speaker 3: We don't watch the cousin love films like you do. Okay, that's why we try to avoid cousin confessions on this show. But if you have a secret, hopefully a non cousin one, you can feel free to come on here and share it anonymously.
Speaker 7: On the mass speaker.
Speaker 3: We've got a woman who's chosen to go by the name Charlotte today who wants to come clean.
Speaker 7: Charlotte, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How hi, Charlotte, how.
Speaker 4: Are you feeling?
Speaker 5: I'm okay, I'm all right.
Speaker 4: You a little nervous?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Because this is a it's a crazy one.
Speaker 7: Is there any cousins involved?
Speaker 5: No cousins, no family, but a little action adventure moment, all right, a.
Speaker 8: Movie?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I like the category though.
Speaker 3: What happened? Let's find out the voice changers on. You are the mass speaker, Charlotte. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 5: So years ago, I was a door to door salesperson for ad t.
Speaker 4: Oh Security Security.
Speaker 3: You can go door to door offering security systems.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, people come.
Speaker 8: To my door to sell us everything everything from windows to roof treatment.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 7: It sounds like a scam.
Speaker 1: When you open the door, You're like, see how easy it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get your home right now. Got any expensive stuff in there, and you probably want to protect it.
Speaker 6: Huh that's yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: So we have this person and he bought a system, and he wanted to be there during the install.
Speaker 4: So okay, I normal. Is that normal practice that you would be there during the install.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it just depends. So okay, I've seen the house and he had wanted to get some cameras installed inside the house.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like when people have cameras in their living room and stuff, and I'm like, that's strange to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm wandering around and I ended up in the study, Like this person was very wealthy.
Speaker 8: House.
Speaker 5: Yes, a package didn't even exist for that kind of system.
Speaker 8: I can't believe, like super wealthy people are just answering door to door salesman calls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm cute, so they opened the door.
Speaker 8: Yeah okay, okay, so you had to like make a special package for him to get enough cameras in that house.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm in the study and I am looking around and I lean up against the bookshelves, No, and the shelf spins.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Actually a bunch of stuff on TikTok of rich people. Someone they're so cool.
Speaker 4: Someone tells you were this cool. Are still living in the secret room and they don't know.
Speaker 3: What did you feel like when you saw the shelf turn?
Speaker 5: I was like in a movie.
Speaker 11: Something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really cool. So what was in there? What was in there that'd be so fun?
Speaker 3: Did you explore or did you respect the privacy of that person's home.
Speaker 4: She's there to install security cameras.
Speaker 5: I'm a white woman who listens to murder podcast.
Speaker 7: What did you find?
Speaker 5: Well, it was a staircase. It was dark, so I on the black line. I thought maybe it was like a panic room or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what was it?
Speaker 5: No panic room, okay, but it was a long, dark hallway. So I turned my flashlight up even more. I went down the hallway and I was like super nervous, like I said, and I kept thinking to myself, like you should go back. This is like nobody knows you're here. So I stopped, and I'm lucky that I stopped when I did. So I looked down and there was like about maybe like five ish inches off the ground. There was a wire that went from one time the walk to the Oh it.
Speaker 7: Was booby trap a trip wire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like a trip wire. I couldn't help myself because I was like, okay, well now I have to keep going. So I stepped over it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and I want to thrown something to it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Walls start slowly closing in on you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 8: I wonder were one of those big stone balls, like in Indiana Jones starts rolling down.
Speaker 1: And there's arrow shooting over your head.
Speaker 7: But you're brave. You kept going, Charlotte.
Speaker 5: I kept going, and you picking up when I'm putting down because I walk around the corner and boom, It's like I'm in Indiana, Joe.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: It was this room full of like paintings and statues. It was like full on treasure.
Speaker 8: It's like their art collection and all of theirs.
Speaker 5: I don't know this guy's like background or anything, but I'm like, were you connected to World War two in any way?
Speaker 3: Or are you Nicholas Cage? And is this where the Declaration of Independence is?
Speaker 1: Nicholas Cage is down there?
Speaker 5: Like coins? There was like, like I said, everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how much of it did you take and stuff in your pocket?
Speaker 5: I was so scared and freaked out at this point that I did not take.
Speaker 4: Anything that's smart to get the.
Speaker 5: Heck out of here because I'm gonna get fired.
Speaker 8: I love about this wealthy man literally had a treasure room and his only secure He was a tripwire prior to you showing up.
Speaker 1: That's why she's.
Speaker 7: There, saw the security.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hasn't found out, like you need a camera down here obviously?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh my god, how.
Speaker 1: Many other people accidentally have seen that room? If you're the only one?
Speaker 7: Do you know anything else? After you left the room?
Speaker 5: I didn't say a word, And I've never seen anybody this story at all, because what if he put a bug on my shirt or something.
Speaker 8: What you needed to do was befront him and try to get in that will, Yeah, get out one.
Speaker 1: I'll just take one of those gold balloons I saw.
Speaker 4: Now, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: I did pay my mortgage for a little while.
Speaker 7: The text in seven eight five nine too.
Speaker 3: If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you our next mass speaker.
Speaker 7: Your phone TAP's coming up.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Today, we call a guy who's going on his first real date in almost five years. So he's a little nervous about it because he's been out of the game for so long. That's why he told his buddy, who offered to help and hook him up with a professional dating coach. That's a nice thing to do, just one session with a very experienced, very knowledgeable man named Ben.
Speaker 7: We know him as Timid Bench, but.
Speaker 3: I think we can all agree he's.
Speaker 7: Got the riz to get it done.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear it in your phone tap right now.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm looking for Anthony.
Speaker 6: This is him. Who are you?
Speaker 13: Hello? My name is Benjamin. I was I was hired to be your dating coach by one of your friends, Matt.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you're the guy Matt told me about.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's me Benjamin.
Speaker 6: Hi. Hey, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 13: You're speaking very loud?
Speaker 6: Am I speaking? Can you speak up? Actually?
Speaker 13: This is my maximum speech. It's like you're screaming.
Speaker 12: Okay, So let me Where did Matt find you again?
Speaker 13: On the on the internet? Okay, that's where I live. He said, you haven't been on a date in quite a while?
Speaker 6: So yeah, five years?
Speaker 13: Oh wow, I haven't been on a date in seven years.
Speaker 6: How long have you been a dating coach?
Speaker 13: Uh? It's about seven years the tige.
Speaker 12: And you haven't been on a date.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've had a lot of free time since I'm not actively dating.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, I'm really skeptical here. How can you be a dating coach if you never go on date?
Speaker 13: And it's just that my standards are so high I only date models.
Speaker 12: Okay, so have you tried to date model?
Speaker 13: The lesson is is beginning, so please tell me who is this luscious lass Tory? Oh? I got down with a Tory one time. I wonder if that's the same.
Speaker 12: I don't think. I don't think. I only give the same person.
Speaker 13: That would mean you and I would have swapped spit. What is wrong with you that the lesson is still is still in progress?
Speaker 12: But like this is taken forever. So whenever you have to teach me, can you just teach me?
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 13: Let's let's begin. You're going to start with some role play.
Speaker 12: And how is it supposed to help me?
Speaker 13: Shut your fail?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 6: Right, don't Kurt, I'm gonna kill man.
Speaker 13: I am Torri. I am Torri.
Speaker 12: I am okay.
Speaker 13: I'm waiting for you in the restaurant. Yeah, and I'm beautiful. You've seen and action.
Speaker 6: Hey Tory, how's your day?
Speaker 13: Who the hell are you on your date? I don't recognize you whatsoever?
Speaker 6: We met?
Speaker 12: We talked online?
Speaker 6: Tory.
Speaker 13: Were you the one that was featured on the news crimes?
Speaker 12: No, that's not I'm not the one feature on the news.
Speaker 13: I think I recognize it.
Speaker 12: Okay, Tory would say any of it?
Speaker 13: Can you please have this man escorted out? Please? I feel sorry.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't say any of it?
Speaker 13: Okay? And scene?
Speaker 12: How is this supposed to.
Speaker 6: Help me with?
Speaker 13: Very poorly?
Speaker 12: But Tory wouldn't say that she knows what I look like.
Speaker 13: She did say that, she just said it to you.
Speaker 6: No, you said it. I'm Tory, but you're not my toy.
Speaker 12: You were just an idiot pretending to be a Tory.
Speaker 13: Let's not call each other names. We're a couple there. Do you need to make it official with a tender kiss?
Speaker 12: What what are you doing?
Speaker 13: I can't hear you kissing.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to kiss.
Speaker 13: Tory wants to kiss.
Speaker 6: I don't give it.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm dumping to where I dumped Tory and I never speak to her again.
Speaker 13: You're playing hard to get now, and that's getting Tory in the mood.
Speaker 12: No, it's over, it's over.
Speaker 13: Shoot me your bally, But.
Speaker 12: Tory turned out to be weirdo, and I want to stop dating her.
Speaker 11: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 12: It's not funny.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the word you're saying.
Speaker 12: A waste of my time.
Speaker 13: I'm having so much fun.
Speaker 12: Because earlier you had me escorted at the restaurant.
Speaker 13: I guess I like bad boys.
Speaker 1: You weirdo.
Speaker 12: I don't need your help.
Speaker 13: Your buddy Matthew said that you needed help to set you.
Speaker 7: Up with this prank phone call. Dude, you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you gotta be kidding room.
Speaker 3: Your buddy matt said he wanted to pump you up before your big date this weekend because you were feeling nervous and he thought maybe this would help.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna kill that.
Speaker 13: Don't kill him because I like bad boys.
Speaker 9: The wind up every morning was phone tabs weekday mornings on the twenties, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Imagine you're dating a woman for a few years and eventually break up. But then a year later you receive a text from her and she is over the moon ecstatic. Wow, this is a dream for me, Jeffy, because for you, it's the worst news possible.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're thinking is in that text message from her. I promise you you're wrong. It is the most uncomfortable and awkward situation to ever be in. If you're this dude who is on the phone with us right now begging for help to get out of it, you're gonna hear the story in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right after this It's awkward.
Speaker 9: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: We got an emergency email from a listener who says he just went out on a great first date that was so good it actually got him into a little bit of trouble.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we're gonna talk to him about it here so we understand why. And this is probably gonna sound kind of like a second date update, but remember it's not.
Speaker 7: So just keep that.
Speaker 4: Say so yeah, and we are in charge of the rules here.
Speaker 3: Let's get Charlie up in here to talk to him about it. Charlie, how you doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: Not too well? Man, I'm in a real rough situation.
Speaker 4: Did we call Hambard? Did he call us? Collect from somewhere?
Speaker 7: All the details, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Just tell us what happened, what went on with this date?
Speaker 6: I will say I would rather be locked up and have to go through what I'm going through right now.
Speaker 7: We need the tea, Arlie.
Speaker 6: Now, I did go on a great date recently with a woman and it was amazing. I mean it was just one of those dates where you don't want the night to end.
Speaker 4: What's his lady's name?
Speaker 6: You know what. I would rather not tell you and it will make sense when I get to the end.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, Oh my god, I feel like she stole something from you.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, she didn't. Okay, it's kind of my fault. I'll explain. It was late in the date. I mean, even though we both retired, we were just walking around the city and it had to be past midnight. We just kept talking and yeah, it was nice. I mean we ended up at our place, like right outside, was an inside or anything like that. I gave her a kiss good night, but I did not spend the night.
Speaker 4: Okay, why did you a gentleman?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 1: Because he's a gentleman, it doesn't need to.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Brook is supportive of this. Would be like, oh, come on, give it to her, scale the side of the building and get in there.
Speaker 4: He didn't say she wasn't waiting in his closet.
Speaker 7: Alright, it's a very gentlemanly move.
Speaker 8: Sounds amazing, and it sounds like you planned unseeing this woman again.
Speaker 6: Do I definitely like her? Okay, okay, absolutely, And speaking of being a gentleman, I don't know why I said this, but as I was walking away, I just turned around and I said, Hey, what's your favorite kind of flower? And she kind of looks at me and she's like, roses? Why? And I tell her I'm going to send you the biggest bouquet of roses next week. Her eyes got big and she seemed really.
Speaker 4: Excited, how romantic.
Speaker 6: And I was happy about it too. I mean, come on, I was trying to do something night for it's.
Speaker 1: The best spoil.
Speaker 4: So you actually followed through?
Speaker 6: Yes, I went home immediately. I mean I got right on my phone. It was like two o'clock in the morning too, and I ordered a huge bouquet roses like thirty fifth roses.
Speaker 7: Wasting time?
Speaker 4: Okay to this girl, Okay.
Speaker 6: I do, I do. I can put a little sappy message on it. I said, you have no idea how much I'm missing you right now. I'm counting down the days until I can be with you again.
Speaker 4: Wait was our first date.
Speaker 6: After it was that good day in this room.
Speaker 3: I've ever felt a love connection quite like that, and married.
Speaker 7: Years, we're all jealous.
Speaker 4: I felt that way. I just did a lot.
Speaker 3: So you went online and ordered her roses at two in the morning, I did. I'm not seeing what the problem is though.
Speaker 6: Well after I ordered the roses, it was late. I just went to bed. But I do remember that it said when I ordered them that it be delivered in two days. So of course, on the second day, I wake up, I'm waiting for a text, you know, to say, oh my god, I love them. Just waiting waiting, and then I start wondering if she at work and maybe she didn't see them. And then finally, at around six o'clock in the evening, I get a text, not from her, from my ex saying, Charlie, you never cease to amaze and surprise me. You're the sweetest person ever.
Speaker 4: You sent them to your ex on accident.
Speaker 6: Yes, I must have auto filled it.
Speaker 11: Oh my.
Speaker 3: Flowers are to go to move for Charlie, which is a sweet go to move.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I think girls would be honored to be auto saved.
Speaker 4: In the now, your ex thinks you want to hook back up with.
Speaker 6: Her, the note that you're the sweetest person ever. I've been missing you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She thinks you're putting the vibe out to.
Speaker 6: Guys, and then she put on there can we see each other Friday or if not sooner?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: Back and you don't want to be with your at No, not at all, just making sure it's not an option, because maybe it's the only option.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like maybe fate intervened and that's the reason that her address went in there?
Speaker 6: Not one bit. I got nothing against her. We were still on good terms. But I know I like this new girl. I just don't know what to do because when I got to text, all I could do is just heart it and say, hey, I'll text you later and let you know you.
Speaker 1: Still may her day.
Speaker 4: Did you give it a thumbs up?
Speaker 3: At least the eyes wide emoji like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I panicked. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Why have an Android phone? You know you can't even heart anything I wish you did.
Speaker 4: You don't have a woman problem if you're using an Android.
Speaker 7: How long ago did this happen? When was this?
Speaker 6: It was just the other day. And when it happened, I emailed you guys right away because I don't know what to do. It's going to be the most awkward conversation I've ever been in in my life. The flowers wasn't for her, and yeah, I'm gonna have to tell her, and I know she's going to be hurt, and I don't know what to say. I don't know how to do this.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you want us to call your ex here and let her know the truth.
Speaker 7: Of what happened that night?
Speaker 4: He has to tell her?
Speaker 3: All right, well this is this is yikes. That's all I can say.
Speaker 4: Understanding the jail time thing now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand why you don't want to make this. I do have to ask the what about that girl that you went on the great date with?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, good news of that. I did re order her thirty six rows. I even text her and let her know there's a problem with the delivery, but these will be there, So okay.
Speaker 4: You didn't say what the problem was.
Speaker 7: It's a smart man, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna try and come back and give you some smart advice when we let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your ex girlfriend saying I didn't really mean to send a bouquet.
Speaker 7: Of romantic flowers to you. Those were for my new girl. Do it coming up right after this? Hold on, now, it's awkward.
Speaker 9: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: We got a text that's seven eight five nine two from a listener named Sam who says, man, this guy's completely screwed.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't know what to do either.
Speaker 3: I'd probably just go out with her for a few weeks and then break up again. That sounds easier than making this phone callship. That's even more me But if you missed it, this really is one of the most awkward situations that we've had on our show. In a way, while our listener Charlie emailed us for help because he had an amazing date with a woman the other night, he went home right afterwards and at two in the morning, while exhausted and still high on love, ordered three dozen roses to send to her Yeah, only to find out a couple days later the website auto filled the delivery address to his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Instead.
Speaker 3: The ex got the bouquet and was thrilled, thinking, oh.
Speaker 13: My stars, he wants me back.
Speaker 3: Yes, which, needless to say, puts Charlie in a tough spot. So now we need to give him some advice on what to say to let his ex down easy in your awkward Tuesday phone call and Brooke, I would love to hear your advice for Charlie.
Speaker 4: Here's my idea.
Speaker 8: Does your ex have a buddy of yours that she already hates that who hates.
Speaker 7: That she hates?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Every girlfriends yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna blame it on that guy.
Speaker 8: What you're gonna do is you're gonna tell her that your dumb buddy was drunk and thought it would be a funny prank to send her flowers with your name, right, and you're so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: It wasn't funny. You're so sorry.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 3: What do you think make one of your buddies take aull it for you?
Speaker 6: It kind of feels like I'm being slimy if I do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're already being slimy.
Speaker 6: Is No, I'm not. It was an honest mistake.
Speaker 7: It was an accident, Brooke.
Speaker 8: What's better than telling her that you meant to send those to somebody else?
Speaker 1: What do you think my advice is to tell her you meant to send it to somebody else? No, think about it.
Speaker 2: Look, nothing is worse than foo and embarrassment. So you want to be honest because she's your ex? No, just say, look, bottom of my heart, I'm glad I made your day. I'm glad I made you smile. But those were honestly not for.
Speaker 1: You, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: God, that hurts. That hurts worse than the breakup.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about brutal honesty, Charlie?
Speaker 6: You know what? After hearing that, let's go back to that first option.
Speaker 3: I've told you, no matter what way you decide to go with this, we're going to be on the call with you if you need a little bit of help, a little bit of support. I'm gonna die your ex girlfriend though, Kendra, right now?
Speaker 7: My god, Okay.
Speaker 4: I never even think we've heard that.
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, Kendra, Hey.
Speaker 14: Wait Charlie, Yeah, oh my god, you are so sweet. I just got the second ouquet of flowers.
Speaker 6: You said, wait wait wait wait wait what what did you say that again?
Speaker 14: You're persistent little sugar bearers? I sent you, Yeah, two bouquets of I can't believe you're spoiling me like this. Where is this coming from?
Speaker 6: I really don't know, my heart, I guess.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, I can't wait to see you and kiss you. I'm going to give you a special thank you for those flowers.
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 14: Can I see you on Friday?
Speaker 6: Maybe Friday?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I want to see you as soon as I can.
Speaker 6: I mean, I want to see you too. But here's the thing. My work is sending me away, like I'm going to Ecuadoroa.
Speaker 14: Whoa what what?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm going away for like three maybe nine months.
Speaker 14: I mean what, you work at a grocery store?
Speaker 6: I thought, yeah, I do. I do. But we're expanding. That's why I'm going.
Speaker 14: They're expanding to Ecuador.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's this whole thing, and Argentina, mad At Dad Star and you know, all the southern places.
Speaker 14: So you know, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so sorry. I mean I'm not going to be around for a while as you can. You know, you could tell, I mean, and the flowers they were kind of like a little farewell, you know, away from me. To say you'll always be in my heart?
Speaker 14: That breaks my heart.
Speaker 6: What I know, I know, But hey, I don't know what to say other than you know, Arie Verdercy.
Speaker 1: It got worse.
Speaker 7: Hi, Kendra, that noise is a whole radio show.
Speaker 3: Jumping in on the call because you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know quite how to explain it to you, So maybe I'm just gonna let Charlie take the lead here. Charlie, why don't you tell Kendra what's happened?
Speaker 4: Such a good job already.
Speaker 6: I told her I'm going away, and I just wanted to let you know that you know, you're a good person, and I just you'll always be in my heart.
Speaker 3: And the reason that we're on the call is because it was a tough thing to say to you about how special you were to him, so he wanted some moral support.
Speaker 7: That's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Happy for what was won't.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if you can tell he's in deep, deep pain. Just the thought of leaving you the way to a door.
Speaker 14: I mean, Charlie, Charlie, I would wait for you.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, don't never wait for a man, Kendra, don't ever wait for a man.
Speaker 6: It would be selfish for me to ask you to do that. I can't do that, right, y yep?
Speaker 14: After all this, are you kidding? People told me you'd never change, and then you could always be selfish.
Speaker 4: But I think the other people were right, Kendra.
Speaker 6: Yep, yep, I've changed. I mean what.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 6: I mean there's no real way to stay in touch either, because you know, on this trip, it's such a big deal. They're taking my cell phone.
Speaker 8: It's like if Survivor were to do grocery stores, you're taking your phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do that? I think, well, because it's it's business, and they really want me to focus on my job in this expansion. So it might look like I'm ignoring you or blocking you, but that's not the case.
Speaker 3: I'm just you know, working YEAHS International, and we're really sorry about that, Ken Joe.
Speaker 7: We all feel really bad about it.
Speaker 4: So I think you said don't don't wait for him.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm more sorry than you know.
Speaker 14: Y can I can I write to you at least like, are you gonna have an aggress.
Speaker 8: I think this is going to be too painful, Kender. I think you should just move on.
Speaker 4: I think you should move on.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Charlie would be okay with that, it would be fine with it.
Speaker 6: I want her to be happy. I want to fine happiness.
Speaker 7: That's really big of you.
Speaker 14: Okay, But he loves me and he misses me.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe I don't say love. I don't know if it is, Charlie, you love me right?
Speaker 6: There is love in my heart?
Speaker 1: Answer.
Speaker 4: It's one of those, Charlie, I love you too.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. It feels kind of warm and no, no, you know awful. Well, this is the farewell, goodbye, anything that you want to say to him before he goes to Ecuador and changes the world, Charlie.
Speaker 14: Just the flowers and you're doing this radio thing.
Speaker 3: I mean like that.
Speaker 14: That's so thoughtful and special. I really do much.
Speaker 3: He is a very very thoughtful man. Very detail oriented is he?
Speaker 4: He said? And he's moving to a Spanish country. He's working on detail oriented Charlie.
Speaker 3: Is he's gonna get one of those language apps, and he's going to come back in three to nine months a totally changed man.
Speaker 4: Wow, maybe years. Don't wait for him.
Speaker 3: We wish you all about Okay, Kendra, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's dead to you.
Speaker 1: Just move on.
Speaker 9: In the morning, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook hands on the table, assume the position. We're gonna read you your rights. Because Susannah is on the phone and Susannah works in law enforce. Welcome to the show, Susannah, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: How often do you yell? Spread them throughout the day?
Speaker 11: Never?
Speaker 7: Apparently, Brookie.
Speaker 3: You guys have played each other twice before. You're one on one all time. But you know that you can't outrun the law.
Speaker 4: Why is the law so sassy today?
Speaker 10: With that, that's.
Speaker 3: Why Susannah keeps coming back. You'll never outrun her, he might.
Speaker 11: I'm not a very fast runner.
Speaker 1: Where you're going back.
Speaker 4: Let that criminal go too quick?
Speaker 7: What a kind law enforcement?
Speaker 1: Once you get to the next county, you're in for it. They're faster than we are.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, there she goes Brooks, running out of the studio, see you later. While she heads out, Susannah, you know where it's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brook outright if you want to win.
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 6: I'm ready?
Speaker 7: Good luck?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is National Girl Scouts Day. After thin Mints? What is the second best selling cookie in America? A prickle is a word used to describe a group of what forest animal? How many US presidents signed the Declaration of Independence? Sick Electrical power is measured in what what food that's permitted to be eaten under Jewish laws called what?
Speaker 1: Al right?
Speaker 3: Passing on that one book's gonna come back into the studio.
Speaker 7: And this is interesting.
Speaker 3: It looks like Susannah is planning a vacation for her fiftyth birthday to Nashville, Tennessee, but she's not really a big country persons, some interesting choice. Why did you choose Nashville if you hate their local culture? WHOA, I don't hate because we already posted that on the Brook and law enforcement and.
Speaker 4: We tagged the city of Nashville too, so.
Speaker 7: Oops, will try and take that one down. But why did you choose Nashville?
Speaker 11: Well, it's a compromise.
Speaker 6: My husband is a country music guy. I do like speakeasies and food, and they are known for their food scene and their live music.
Speaker 1: So live music it could be anything. Live music is fun regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Literally, you could go in at nine o'clock in the morning and see live music.
Speaker 4: It is everywhere, all.
Speaker 3: The time, unless Alexis is the one that's doing the singing, and then you're in for a kind off.
Speaker 4: I did say it was always good, just there.
Speaker 1: As part of a bridal shower.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, we gotta get back to the questions. Brook Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Your time starts now. Today is National Girl Scout Day. After thin Mints? What kind is the second best selling cookie in America? A prickle is the word used to describe what group of forest ament.
Speaker 7: How many US presidents signed the Declaration of Independence?
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 3: Electrical power is measured in what what food that's permitted to be eaten under Jewish law is called one. In the Shakespeare story, Romeo was sixteen. How old was Juliet?
Speaker 4: She was fourteen? One year younger.
Speaker 7: Which one do you hope for, Broke?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No, they both, Yeah, either way, Let's head over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 10: Playoffs.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about playoffs, playoffs, chaos.
Speaker 1: Susannah, you got to correct today, disappointment.
Speaker 7: That could have been good enough, though.
Speaker 1: Brook gets born.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that, Susannah. All time record goes to one and two against Brook. But let's go over the answers. It's a National Girl Scout Day. Thin mints are the most popular selling cookie in America, followed by samoas.
Speaker 7: At number two.
Speaker 4: Those are so good.
Speaker 7: A prickle is a group of porcupines.
Speaker 3: Only two US presidents signed the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.
Speaker 7: The rest didn't support it.
Speaker 4: Washington.
Speaker 3: Electrical power is measured in watts. The food that's permitted to be eated under Jewish law is kosher food. And in the Shakespeare story Romeo sixteen Juliet is the ripe age of thirteen thirteen thirteen years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I should have said right.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I take back what I said that, Susanna.
Speaker 4: I apologize to you for that is she at the door.
Speaker 3: Please don't do anything bad to me, just replaying. What I'm gonna do is send you a pair of tickets to massive the power of pop culture at MoPOP.
Speaker 7: It's their newest flagship exhibition.
Speaker 3: Exploring the global pop culture and its impact on our daily lives. The exhibit opens March sixteenth. Tickets are on sale now at MoPOP dot org.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, Yeah, yeah you thanks for everything you do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, before you go, what is, in your opinion, the most fun crime to commit?
Speaker 3: This is you don't have to answer that, but yeah, I worked as special victims units, so.
Speaker 11: Is no fun in those.
Speaker 4: Well, you need to do that. It's going to be like cat Burglary, Susannah.
Speaker 7: You have a great day.
Speaker 3: We'll be back to do wind Brooks Bucks same time tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.