Speaker 1: Doug on Facebook rights I've lived in the same house for almost a decade, but I got a new next door neighbor last fall. He seemed like a nice guy, and for the first few months he was hardly home. I think he's either lost his job or retired, because now he's home all the time and is constantly doing noisy work around his house. He blows off his driveway multiple times every day with a leaf floor, and works using power tools in his garage into the evening with the door wide open. I've let it go up until now, but it's really starting to irritate me. I need a break from a constant noise, but I don't want to start a rift with my neighbor. How should I handle this without causing a problem.
Speaker 2: This ain't your business, This ain't your busy right.
Speaker 3: That man got every right to blow them leaves whenever he wants to, and he work on that garage during the daytime I was with the door open. Now if you say it seemed like he'd have lost his job, he home now because at first he was never home while your ass at home? See, hi's you there all day listening to the noise? What happened to your damn job. See all it. It don't make no sense man that don't don't go over there. It ain't your business. Leave that man alone. He's not doing that.
Speaker 2: He in his garage working with power tools. That's his right.
Speaker 3: He might have a furniture making company, furniture repair. You don't know what he's doing. But he got his garage open. You can't shut your garage. All that saltust and stuff in there. That ain't your business. And he blow the leaves twice a day. He don't want no leaves in his job. But why you home listening to it?
Speaker 2: Though? What happened to your job?
Speaker 1: He blows the leaves multiple times a day.
Speaker 3: He don't want no leaves in the y'all understand that summer coming, they'll be able to stay up on the tree.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, nothing of the neighbor.
Speaker 1: Let it go.
Speaker 2: I don know what he can say. Yeah, can you make the downs in yow?
Speaker 1: Can you keep it down? It's a little noisy over here.
Speaker 2: I can't keep it down. Bring your ass over here again.
Speaker 1: Get loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if he has some nicely.
Speaker 3: What he But you can't leave a man alone that's his house. People do what they want to do. Man, quick, way about what your neighbor doing. He need know, y'all he blowing the leaves in your grass.
Speaker 1: Get some earplugs. All right?
Speaker 3: If you find a job you're working from home, go work, Go down to the office, go over there.
Speaker 2: Say nothing to that.
Speaker 1: Man, it's not gonna not gonna go well, all right, here's another one. This is from Sean on Steve Harb fm uh. Sean writes, I'm a senior in high school and for the first for the past couple of years, I've been running a pretty successful social media channel focused on car culture. It started as just a hobby, but now it's grown into a legit side hustle, bringing in enough income for me to survive comfortably. I'd rather continue working on building my side hustle, but my parents are dead said on me going to college. They're all about the traditional path, get a degree, secure a real job, and then follow your passions on the side. But I'm already doing what I love and making money at it. How do I convince them that college might not be necessary for everyone. Is there a way to prove that my side hustle can turn into a full time career? Or do I just give in to keep the peace.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, man, if you go to college, you're not gonna survive it because your heart ain't gonna be any. The heart is not gonna be any. And I would say this to all parents, men, you have to listen to your children. I've wanted my children all to take a certain path.
Speaker 2: Ain't.
Speaker 3: None of them took the path I wanted them to take it, not now, want to not now? And they turned out fine, They'll be okay. College ain't the only way to earn a living. College ain't the only pathway to success. I had to learn that. I usually get mad. And kids were playing video games all day long till I met the Black Ninja and found out he was making two million dollars a month and how he was play video games.
Speaker 2: The kids signed up and pay to watch it.
Speaker 1: We'll have more of the Seeds Harvey Morning Show coming up in twenty minutes after the hour you're listening Harvey Morning Show. All right, So, Steve, before we went to break, you were telling this young man who already has a successful side hustle, telling him how to let his parents know that he didn't want to go to college because they wanted him to take the traditional route and go to college. So you made some statements you wanted to clear up.
Speaker 3: God, well you all said on the break, sound like, Steve, what you said you said, Steve, sound like you're telling people not to go to college. Well I am, Oh goodness, because college is not for everybody. I mean, man, we got to stop looking at it like this. And these young people are finding some creative ways to earn a living on this internet.
Speaker 2: Man, that that was not available to us.
Speaker 3: So of course we can't promote that because we want to take the route we took, as in the letter, was a more traditional route. Well, there are untraditional ways of making money right now. But there's a thing called the pursuit of happiness. And if your child is doing something that's clean and legal and they enjoy doing it, you don't have to be.
Speaker 2: Able to see exactly what they doing.
Speaker 3: This dude to turn this car thing into us to where he earning money. If you let him perfect that, he could make hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly millions.
Speaker 2: And ain't that what you go to college for? In college is a bit.
Speaker 3: Of a you know, it's just let me just say it's just not for everybody you go. And I hate to tell you this, but the richest man in the world don't even have college degrees.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 3: As long as your child has a legitimate Bible love and dream, let them pursue it and save yourself some damn money.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round. And would you rather right after this you're listening
Speaker 2: Morning Show