Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 3: All at all, So.
Speaker 4: Don't given them.
Speaker 1: Black the bus busy.
Speaker 5: Listening to.
Speaker 6: To I don't joy.
Speaker 2: Joy, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Love, Turn, you gotta turn. I got to turn the mouth. Turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out the water A cap.
Speaker 7: Looking me.
Speaker 8: Come come on your b.
Speaker 2: I show we off.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, come on dig me now. One and only Steve Harvey man got a radio show, man, Yeah, dude, Steve Harvey got a radio show because I can't tell it to you any other way. Because God has been so so very amazing to me. But the same God, and there is but one that same God.
Speaker 10: He is.
Speaker 9: It can and will be amazing in your life if you just allow it to happen. You know, I was somewhere, you know, and I was driving on the freeway somewhere, and I saw a billboard and there was a guy in a field on his knees. And on this billboard it said something to the effect when you've run out of answers, try prayer. I was going somewhere and I don't even remember I go so much.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 9: I was just going somewhere and I saw this billboard and I thought about that, And man, I cannot tell you how true of a statement that is.
Speaker 2: When you've run out of answers.
Speaker 9: When you don't know what to do, when you feel weak, when you are at a low point, when things just seem to keep happening to you, and you don't understand why. Prayer is an amazing weapon. Prayer is available to all of us. Here's a deal. You don't have to go through the all of that you're going through alone. See, I'm talking to men, women, boys, girls, students, leaders, bosses, employees. I don't care what's happening. I don't care what your situation is. I don't care if your relationship is all jacked up. I don't care if your kids and your relationship is jacked up. I don't care if your relationship at work is shot. Your coworkers seem to always make you the buddy end of the joke. You always somebody always talking about you behind your back. You're finding it more and more necessary to try to hold your head up and walk past these people when some days you can't even get your chin up off your chest. If You're a woman out there and you've been alone by yourself for so long, and you just tired of being alone. You really want a relationship, you really want to be have a mate, you want to meet your soul mate, whatever it is, whatever it is, prayer is the answer. You are listening to a guy who is a direct recipient of prayer. I can't tell you anything that I've gotten out of that I didn't pray about. Oh, now, there are a lot of things. Hold on, let me backtrack a little bit. There are a lot of things that have happened in my life that I've gotten past without praying, because I think my mama was praying for me. And then there's this thing that God has called grace and mercy that he just somehow keeps us all waking up every day without foot on some form of solid ground because He's just waiting on us to come to him. But y'all, if you can implement prayer into your day every single day, and I'm talking about put it in there at the top of your day, put it in there in the middle of your day, put it in there when you close your day out, when you're sitting at your desk and ain't nobody bothering you. That's a good time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: Look, you don't have to make no sing. You ain't got to let everybody know, Oh I'm spiritual, I love God, look at me, Oh I'm down or you ain't got to do none of that. Matter of fact, don't do it for that reason, because if that's your reason for doing it, that's gonna be your reward. If you want somebody to just say, oh, they pray every you know, they pray at lunch and they have a Bible on their desk and they have a bunch of highlights in it. If you sitting it out there so people can see that that's what you do, then that's gonna be your reward. Please know, that's gonna be your reward. What I want you to do is pray. Ask God for the things the desires of your heart, have a faith, believe in them. But pray earnestly.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: I mean, actually go at it with saying, hey, God, listen to me. I can't do this without you. I need your help. Listen, man, I know a lot of people that pray.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of it.
Speaker 9: If I told you the rich and famous that I talk to that pray constantly. It would have made you go talk to God about it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: Matter of fact, you done already got yourself into trouble. Go talk to God about it. You can't see no way out. You're in a situation. You're thinking about doing something straight crazy. Pump your brakes, partner, Slow down a little bit, my man, Slow down. Don't. All you're gonna do is make situation worse. Go over there today and talk to God. Talk to God for real.
Speaker 2: Just and look, man.
Speaker 9: You know what, Man, Sometimes I've gone to God and I've just said, Hey, God, I don't have a clue. Matter of fact, I'm so jacked of right now. God, I don't even really know what to ask you for. I just need some help. I'm so deep is some mess right now. Not only can I not see the way out, I can't see my way round. There's a there's a poem calling Victis, and the opening line says, out of the night that covers me black as a pit from pole to pole. I thank God's for whatever be for my unconquerable soul. That this line is so deep. It starts off saying I am in deep trouble.
Speaker 2: I'm in a pit black as a pit from pole to pole.
Speaker 9: I'm talking about man. From over there to over there, it's pitch black.
Speaker 2: And and and man, that man.
Speaker 9: You've been in that situation before, y'all, because I have. I'm talking about black as a pit from pole to pole. God is there, God is available. God is always standing by. He just wants you to come to him. See, he been coming to you a whole lot of times. He's presented himself. I can't tell you how many times he's shown you how good a god he is. He's given us all grace and mercy without us asking for it. He's gotten you through some things. And you looked at him, going, oh, man, I don't know how the hell. Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm cool. No no, no, no, no, that wasn't cool. That was God.
Speaker 9: Pray man, when you out of answers and you don't know what to do, pray. If you see some trouble, come and pray. If you've already got into it, pray. If you don't know the answers, pray. If you can't see no way out, pray, pray, man, Talk to God. Don't make a scene, Just talk to God.
Speaker 2: All right. Very important.
Speaker 9: You're listening, ladies and gentlemen. It's another day, another opportunity, another blessing. God that did it again, showed up, didn't ask us nothing. Just keep doing what he do, creating new days, new opportunities, new blessings, new chances, all of it.
Speaker 2: I'm here to receive it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 9: I show hope you are man today. Just do yourself a favor. Do yourself a favor today. Think of all the things God has done for you. Just start thinking about everything He's ever done for you. That's called gratitude. That gets your mind right, man. That stops all in bad days you haven't because boy, oh boy, boy, he come through over time and time again. God is good. Welcome to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Shirley Strawberry, Colin Farrell, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and the Legend that is Nephew Tummy.
Speaker 2: Hey Junior? Was on your mind today?
Speaker 1: What's on my mind?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 11: What's on my mind? Let me tell you what's on my mind. I'm telling you he's never been said before, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it.
Speaker 5: I'm convinced if you have a chronic illness, then it's imperative you get married.
Speaker 2: Today. Don't you wait?
Speaker 5: If you have a chronic illness, go ahead and get married today. Yeah, and they must be healthy. Don't you marry nobody's sicking in you. No, the only people you can turn down is people sicking in you.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 5: If you got sickle sale, you're gonna church people that with diabetes.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 5: Don't sit up there and getting nobody who ain't healthy. Get somebody here. It's imperative. Quit asking. Quit asking for quoit, ask for fight goal scores, ask for medical records. That's what you need for you asking for I need to see what happened in your ad back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 11: What this is about you having the whooping colls. I need to know about that.
Speaker 2: Record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need all of this here. I don't need nobody cicking in me. I need somebody who can help me get down staff needs somebody to help me bring some food up to this hospital.
Speaker 11: That's what I need.
Speaker 5: I don't need nobody talking about you go first, and we can't go together if you see it. I don't need you having a hip replacement.
Speaker 9: Need need that.
Speaker 11: I need somebody who walk and find what I want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can't have one e fip in in the house. Have none of y'all needed, Nah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, if y'all.
Speaker 9: Both have the same damn allergic reaction, you ain't got but one e fpipin. We got somebody decision.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because see, I'm gonna tell you what I'm not interested in. See when you see, hey, I'm not interested in your long term goals. I'm not gonna ask you what you want to do long term. I'm gonna ask you ask what you do it Thursday. So I'm gonna ask you gonna make it to Thursday?
Speaker 8: What I need to know?
Speaker 5: I don't need nobody else gonna be out of here the next week. Why'd I care about twenty twenty eight? We gotta get you twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good man. Listen, I thought, No, this is really this is good information. I love this, ang. I don't marriage wounds. Don't get nobody with the same thing. You got.
Speaker 5: All these other people walking around. Why would I sit up here and turn down somebody healthy?
Speaker 6: I don't know why, what?
Speaker 2: Where about?
Speaker 4: What they look like?
Speaker 11: Just get with them.
Speaker 5: If you met him to day to day, go ahead. Yeah, you've been there everybody you need help.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Damn your credits goal?
Speaker 11: What's that back in two thousand and three about? You haven't woo been called? What is that about? You started fever in twenty twenty four? Where do you get that in there?
Speaker 2: How the hell did you miss your pondio vaccination?
Speaker 8: You might.
Speaker 1: Not doing all right?
Speaker 2: Thank you? I thank Junior.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank back? Right after this?
Speaker 3: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: It is time OWT for the nephew to run that prank back? What you got for his.
Speaker 12: Neph Well, you know, everybody has a child that just you know, just don't catch quite on like and like the other kids.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 12: It just happens from time to time to tidle. Is h your baby going back to pre k? Your baby going back.
Speaker 1: To pre k.
Speaker 12: It's it's just it just saddens me sometimes. You know, you baby don't color, don't color like the other.
Speaker 2: Kids because stay in their lines.
Speaker 12: And your baby going back to pre k. Let's go cat dol. Yes, I'm trying to reach missus. Thomas please. My name is mister Stapleton. I'm actually the principal over at elementary school. You're I'm looking at my records indicating that your son, Thomas is going to be starting his first grade. Ready, right, listen, miss Thomas, I've been going through actually all of the children's records, uh that will be starting school, and I'm looking at your son's grades from his kindergarten. Well, no, not exactly. I mean there's been a few. I actually spoke with the teacher and who he was under in kindergarten, and it seems like he just really wasn't up to par as the rest of the children.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 6: Now his conduct, Now, he talked, but he gets his work. So what else is she saying on that that ain't right?
Speaker 12: Well, what's what it seems to be, ma'am, is that his grades weren't up to par as the rest of the other children. She did tell me he was a disobedient child.
Speaker 6: No, he disobedient and talking two different things. Come on.
Speaker 12: Okay, well, man, listen, what we've decided here is we're gonna let little actually do another year of kindergarten.
Speaker 6: Oh no, y'all, ain't gonnnna let him do another year kindergarten.
Speaker 2: No sign, ma'am. That's that's the only choice I have.
Speaker 8: Uh No.
Speaker 6: We got our letter in the mail with our report card the week after school started, and it said on the back promoted. And if I got to get about this couch and go get it, I'm gonna be out because I'm telling you right now we will be in the first grade. Kindergarten. Won't that hard. I'm not sure what they told you about him, but it must be the wrong.
Speaker 12: Well, now, don't understand. He doesn't color as well as the rest of kids. He's all out of he's out of the lines when he colored. He doesn't know his numbers completely. And that's kind of what we need when you first come into into.
Speaker 2: The first grade.
Speaker 6: When I can show you on this paper he did satisfactory all the way through. Now you about the man off and I'm already sick calling me with some my son blunking kender garden. He ain't that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Does not color well, ma'am, I.
Speaker 6: Say, Colin, ain't got nothing do with that. Dad guard kindergarten. He is going to the first grade, and I'll be down there on August.
Speaker 12: Twenty four, ma'am, I will not be able to allow you to get into school on a god miss him.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, and let me get Let me tell you what. Let me go in and get my pencil and pen because I don't live that far from the school. And if y'all already down there calls him some conflict, I need to get up and go down there because I'm not telling my baby when he come home today, so he ain't going to the dad gun first, ma'am.
Speaker 12: I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to refuse education from him on August twenty four.
Speaker 6: You know what, I just went back and put him in public school. I know that was a take in the first food which you're talking about some coloring. Give me your name against, sir, And what's that number down there?
Speaker 2: The number here is actually area code.
Speaker 6: Waitman, I got the number of Now mind, I pulled up this report card. I got the number in your name on the back of this paper. I tell you what I was twenty fourth will be coming in there, going to school, and I might make a trip around there this evening when I.
Speaker 7: Come from the document.
Speaker 6: I'm not want to hear that calling. Ain't got nothing to do with nothing else.
Speaker 2: It's not only color.
Speaker 12: He's arithmetickets back all right, No, are you working with him.
Speaker 8: At home or an at home everything?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 6: What you're trying to say, I'm an incompetent parent.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking as a parent, are you working with your child.
Speaker 6: I'm working with my child every day. He can read better than you.
Speaker 8: Problemly, no, he can't read.
Speaker 6: I read better than you because honestly, you read that wrong on that paper that he's supposed to be going back to kindergarten, when I know the paper saying from his going to the first grade. And I'm not listening to no more of this about him going backwards. Now, if you got a problem with your half the word, maybe you need to go talk to your secretary or somebody in there that wrote my baby.
Speaker 2: Name down with your son's name, Thomas, ma'am, No, it ain't.
Speaker 6: Him, baby, I know it ain't him. You're not gonna sit up and tell me my son is flocking Kennergart. He is not going back to that kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Don't bring your son down here, August.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what. Be ready to put me and my husband, but we will be down there. I was afore back pack shoes you to farm everything you hear.
Speaker 2: Me, I will not be able to allow him an education.
Speaker 6: That right now. I will come down there right now and make that correction on that paper for you. Is not going back to no kindergarten for no coloring.
Speaker 2: Can you bring him down here and let him color for me like you tell.
Speaker 6: A coloring arithmetic on our yourself. No, uh uh uh. We will be down there augusta twenty four. I will have this poor card in my hand that says you have been promoted to the first bride. And he's gonna have a mile on his face, and so are you.
Speaker 2: I got one one thing I need to tell you. Are you listening to me?
Speaker 6: I'm listening. You ain't saying nothing. Yeah, you better say something that's I'm like the first glade because I'm not playing. I would go down to this day Gun administrative office and I had fine because my son would be in that first grade.
Speaker 2: Are you raising your voice? Sat? Who are you raising your voice? Said?
Speaker 6: You know you're talking crazy to me. I'm talking crazy to me. What I'm a ground woman. I don't need to bess fland to you.
Speaker 12: Why I'm trying to did you graduate, honey.
Speaker 6: I am at college the green person. I have a great time. My husband and I do well for ourselves and for our children.
Speaker 8: And that's why we know you're not You're not even at work right now, man, I said, I'm.
Speaker 6: A shake phone. I tought you that when you call him right on the doctor to call me now, partner missing my phone call?
Speaker 2: Can you color because your son can't talk color?
Speaker 6: What kind of question is that? Can't ask me? Can I color? Why you white or black? You asked me, so I dressed me? Am I colored?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I asked you. Can you color like your son?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 6: Some racist lines in there? Can you color?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: My color and me being colored ain't got nothing to do with none of this. Is this a race thing? You trying to make sure you send him back?
Speaker 12: No, I'm not trying to send him back. I want to send him back to color to get his coloring together.
Speaker 6: You what that ain't got nothing to do with nothing. And if you are the head person down there now, you aren't competent and you are an illiterate. Call me and tell me that my son has to go back to the first grade.
Speaker 2: I got one.
Speaker 6: You don't want mixed up I'll tell you what I'm through with this guy.
Speaker 7: I'm through with this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one more thing, and I'm gonna be out here.
Speaker 6: Are you listening, I'm listening that his.
Speaker 12: Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got prank by your girl friend, Felicia.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna beat Felicias. I am gonna beat her. You're about to get to out the plan. I mean, I'm right now, I'm in everything and everything. I'm gonna beat her because you know I don't play when it comes to my kids. Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 2: All right, But one more question. Now, what is the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 6: That's Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Baby huh?
Speaker 1: Next, it is asked the clo E.
Speaker 3: Scurely Hard Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour. In Entertainment News, more trending highlights from the Oscars, Karla has good news about the new edition Las Vegas residency, plus thirty nine year old form of Basketball Wives. Reality star Drea Michelle gets a lot of backlash from her pregnancy announcement. I will talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clo. This is from Jojo in Lakeland. Jojo writes, I'm a thirty seven year old female and my mother lives with me. I was out of town and a married man was at my house to see her. She denied it, but I saw it on camera. She's acting out of character and being a home wrecker. What can I do about this?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 9: Nothing. Your mama g good and grown. Yeah, your mama had you, Yeah, she couldn't grown. She denied it, so now that I mean she lied, had a married may have been in your house. Your mama, that's your mama now, so there's nothing you can do. Why do you put your mama out? Yeah? But all you could do is say, Mama, I got rules at my house. But then your mama go and remind you the rules she had in her house that you broke.
Speaker 1: Whoa Mama, your mama, Mama, your mama bell.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Danielle in San Diego. Danielle says, I'm met a woman that has five children and she just got divorced. I can see myself falling for her, but my friends keep telling.
Speaker 2: Me whoa whoa whoaoa Shirley Stardo.
Speaker 1: I missed her piece of Daniel in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Danielle, not Danielle, Okay.
Speaker 1: Daniel Daniel and San Diego says. I met a woman that has five children and she just got divorced. I could see myself falling for her, but my friends keep telling me that she can't be my soulmate with five kids. Should I pursue her or and see where it goes? Or put her in the friends zone?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, your friends are speaking from their experience and they scope of things. Now, if you gonna let your friends run your life, you're gonna end up just like your friends. Now, just take a close look at them, see what they are, and see how you really feel. If you feel for this woman, if it's put on your heart to pursue this woman, then pursue the woman.
Speaker 2: You may be just the thing them kids need. You may be. You may be just what they need.
Speaker 9: People get different callings put on their life. Man, Quit listening to your damn friends.
Speaker 1: You know there's five of them, Kevin Hart, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 9: You got to be ready now. Yeah, I don't know the ages and all this here. I don't know how you are now, But now listen, he old.
Speaker 2: Now he is Daniel. He old, No, don't buy name baby Daniel.
Speaker 1: That's weird that Daniels in the Bible. That's right, So you know.
Speaker 2: That's he old. Uh huh, So hon do you bes man, go and see what she's about. Thank you, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Margaret in Maryville, Margaret says, i'm i'm I met a man that has it going on in every way except when it comes to the appetizer. He likes to jump right into the entree. I enjoy appetizers, but I'm not doing it if he's not. Is it normal for a man to only want the entree? Is that weird or what?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 8: No, me?
Speaker 2: Is it weird who you've been with?
Speaker 10: Hell?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they want. Now what you have to do is let me you got to quit calling it advertise. What you gotta do is you gotta come up with some snacks. You know, you just gotta have some little snacks along the way. You need snacks. Most men like snacks, And that's what you got to call him. He saw this advertising just snacks. You want a snack, baby, We're gonna have a couple snacks. Then we're gonna eat. Now.
Speaker 2: See we go along with that said, and no, it's not weird to want to jump right into the dinner. That ain't weird at all.
Speaker 1: Hell all right, last one, last one. This is from Alison and Addison. Alison writes, my husband wants to be a vegan, and I don't. I enjoy a good steak at least once a month. I'm trying to get him to compromise. Is it possible to live with a vegan and not be one?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 9: But listen to me, this ain't gonna last. Just go ahead, keep grilling that steak once a month. It ain't gonna last. Any worry about that, just gone.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: You ain't finna be no vegan. So that's it.
Speaker 9: You know, I got family, I got families full of vegan I got vegan grandchildren, vegan kids, I got all that.
Speaker 11: All they want you to be vegan?
Speaker 2: Do they want you to? Well, they want me to.
Speaker 9: When the grandkids is with me and Marjorie, we have to treat them as vegans. And Marjorie does a good job with that.
Speaker 2: But grandfather, what do you do? I think I think you're gonna try a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Experience like you giving them, like, what do you feed your grand you?
Speaker 9: Well, j was a vegan one time and then I was out there barbecuing and he was standing over there looking at it, so I figured he was curious, so I let.
Speaker 11: Him have one carl.
Speaker 2: It was so damn man, lad, daddy, what are you doing? He don't eat meat? I said you to Yeah, boy, Bob, he's gonna be sick. Well they ain't bet that. Don't stop him.
Speaker 9: My grandson, Ezra here vegan, but you know he don't really care. And Ezra know he's supposed to ask is this vegan? Because Rose asked before she put it in this vecan. But Ezra he don't ask if once he see it and he won't it. He locked in and if you hand the two him, he eating. He don't give a damn. That's my dude right.
Speaker 1: There, and it brings you great joy, giets, cause.
Speaker 9: You know we all go to dinner together and everything, and he be sitting there. You know if he's sitting next to me, So Jason to start moving him down. Everyone sitting next to me. He don't want him sitting next to me. Move down here, by your daddy, don't sit up there next to Papa, Oh you ass up?
Speaker 1: Can they ever ask because Rose ever asked, is this vegan? And you told it and it wasn't and you told her it was. Does that ever happen? You lied to your grand.
Speaker 2: Because it's too vegan.
Speaker 1: You can't have no dairy nor animal products whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 9: I don't why y'all at dinner with me because my order I start with me. That's for what they tell me all the time. Papaut that's not vegan. Shut yourn.
Speaker 8: Have you ever tried vegan?
Speaker 2: Have you tried it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I tried that. I tried for hollo. Oh, probably about six.
Speaker 1: More seven times, pretty impressive.
Speaker 9: About six and ended about about folk two days. You went from most yeah when I started, all right.
Speaker 1: You fake vegan?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, Thank you, Colo. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening hard morning show trending, Oscar news. We have to say congratulations to Jimmy Kimmel for doing such a great job hosting the ninety six Academy Awards. He did do a great job. He was honni everything. We especially loved when he called out Trump for basically saying that Jimmy Kimmel was the worst host ever. Kimmel replied, isn't it past your jail time?
Speaker 11: Why you be worried about what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: Right, everybody in the audience. That was really funny. Other Oscar news the movie Oppenheimer one big best supporting actress Divine Joy Randolph for her role in the movie The Holdovers. Another crazy moment was when John Cena present the Best Costume Award. John Cena came out on stage naked, wearing but an oversawder Oscar on He's cut though, you gotta give him that.
Speaker 9: She is he is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he wanted to showcase the importance of costumes, all right, So he did that.
Speaker 2: But it was very It was a funny moment.
Speaker 1: It was so and congratulations to all the winners and other entertainment news. According to Page six, Former Basketball Wives reality star thirty nine year old Draam Michelle announced her pregnancy with Houston Rocket star Jalen Green on Friday, and she posted a quote about being misunderstood after facing backlash because she and Jalen are seventeen years apart. She's seventeen years older than Yeah, she posted on her ig story quote, get comfortable being misunderstood only a fraction of people we'll be able to truly grasp your essence. You're not and you're you are not on anyone else's timeline or comprehension. Timeline of comprehension. Also, is none of your business how others choose to perceive you. Most high sees you clearly let that be enough. Drea's pregnancy announcement sparked backlash and social media, with several users labeling her a quote predator for having a baby with a much younger man, like I said, she's seventeen years older than he is.
Speaker 2: Well, how old is it? Thirty twenty two? Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here's a question, guys. Is it a double standard when men date women much younger and have children than if a woman does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at Yeah, Yeah it feels like it double stands.
Speaker 9: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a dragon.
Speaker 9: But see, y'all ain't putting y'all self in this young boy position, though, you know, put yourself in his position.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, explain that, Steve.
Speaker 2: Because teacher.
Speaker 4: That I still have to learn.
Speaker 9: See that's y'all don't understand what had happened to this boy? Okay, he got bit.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You know, somebody got to be in love with somebody. You know what happened all the time.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just when it's when it's an older woman, that's cooler, when're younger man, when it's an older man.
Speaker 2: What they call older men today, young woman, older man.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever dated younger women?
Speaker 11: I mean older women?
Speaker 2: Actually older?
Speaker 11: Yes, that's I mean older.
Speaker 2: I meant older. Damn. Now everybody would be younger than me. So I tried to correct myself. How the hell are you older than me?
Speaker 1: When you guys were younger? Did you all date.
Speaker 2: When I was younger? I had an older chick?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, well yeah it's different.
Speaker 3: Were you sprung here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was learning.
Speaker 4: Tea tea.
Speaker 2: I was going in with notebooks and everything learning. I was coming out bringing the apple and everything.
Speaker 11: I was twenty two. She's thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they when she when she said she can't do this no more, I know, I started crying. I know, is any way we can work through this? Because she got back with it up, you know, so yeah, so she.
Speaker 1: Got back with her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah you oh, you was rich that Yeah. I was twenty one, she was forty two.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you went all the way over there, watch your break up, Stee.
Speaker 9: I couldn't handle it no more, broke it out and I just said, I went. I said, I can't do this no more. I got to go to work. I call it in, all this hell calling in, Yeah, I can't do this no more. I ain't got the gas money for this here. Yeah, I had a whole lot of little reasons that that would help me out. I ain't had a gas man. I couldn't for I can't.
Speaker 2: Take it nowhere. I went to restaurant one time and she ordered some I went, what is that? It was deserted. I'm sitting to going, what the hell? Let me working at Ford? This ain't working out.
Speaker 9: Then next thing I know, they came. They set the dessert on fire next to the table. Oh that cherish jubilee or something. They set that fire next to the table. I said, I got to break up with this hill bow. Will I keep taking too fast?
Speaker 1: Nephew before we go?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know if I can talk about it.
Speaker 12: But sister Carolyn, well, sister Carolyn at around them, Carolyn sister Carol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what yeh?
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes after the hour Biden State of the Union address. It's still trending as voters go to the polls in Georgia and Mississippi today. We'll talk about it right after this. You're listening morning show trend political news. We all saw when President Biden delivered his fourth State of the Union address last week. In it, he attempted to pinch himself as the most viable candidate for a second term. He addressed housing and college costs, IVF and Roe v. Wade, sending aid to Ukraine and Moore, among other policies. Biden spoke at length about crime. He said that he is demanding a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and he is urging lawmakers to pass universal background checks. He followed that up by comparing himself to Donald Trump. He said, quote, Meanwhile, my predecessor told the NRA he's proud he did nothing on guns while he was president.
Speaker 2: But see, but that keeps his money coming from me. Ni. Yeah, Yeah, that's all it is. It's about the money, man.
Speaker 9: It ain't about safety, saving lives, It ain't about gun control, It ain't about stopping mass murders. They don't care. They don't care as long as they make it a profit. And they got a party to attach that too. It's called the Second Amendment. Sad, Yeah, it's it's ridiculous, man, it is ridiculous. What's happening?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 9: He was at he was at the UFC fight this weekend, Donald Trump, and every time the camera went there, crazy applause, crazy applause.
Speaker 1: Yes, really he's beloved.
Speaker 2: It's it's really it's a sad statement for this country. It really is.
Speaker 9: When that's your candidate of choice. Yeah, that you put is your represent I'm okay with Republicans. I'm okay with conservative viewpoints and some things. I don't like the far right, but I don't like the far left either. I'm okay with you being Republicans, But can you not put forth a better candidate? Ninety one indictments, one ninety one indictments, a sexual conviction, paying off hookers.
Speaker 2: I mean, what the world?
Speaker 1: You tried to fix the election?
Speaker 9: Incited a daytime right overthrow the government. Yes, I mean he's sick down there rioting in the daytime. Have we not taught y'all nothing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did you down there in daytime or we see you.
Speaker 1: People lost their lives and all of that, and.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, man. The policemen lost their lives and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: There's convictions people have gone to prison for this riot that this man clearly said, let's go down there.
Speaker 2: I'll go down there with you. He said that. How y'all think it wasn't him? All them people went down there.
Speaker 1: And the President made reference to that too in his speech. She said, you can't you can't be mad at the country. You can't be mad at the country just when you lose, or you can't you know, love the country just when you win.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then when you're when you're mad and you lose, then you want to incide McConnell.
Speaker 9: Yes, and all of them boys' new on that day it was wrong and they said they can no longer support this.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, famous YouTuber Jake Paul will box Mike Tyson. What you got we'll talk about it, right, think.
Speaker 2: We got you know who we got?
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show?
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: YouTuber Jake Paul scheduled his next boxing match against former heavyweight champ Mike Tyson. Iron Mike will be fifty eight years old when he climbs into the ring this summer. Las Vegas odds makers set Jake Paul as the easy favorite. All right, that's who they have. Uh, yeah, they do easy favorite. He promoted this history making match on Instagram. Uh, he says, the biggest fight of the twenty first century in the biggest NFL stadium in the US, broadcast live on the biggest streaming platform in the world. Two years ago, Mike Tyson needed a cane to walk. He simply stated, yesterday, quote, we signed the contract. Netflix secured the exclusive rights to the fight that will be staged on Saturday, July twentieth inside the Dallas Cowboys at and T Stadium. Jake Paul's professional boxing record includes six knockouts. Mike Tyson has not seriously fought in two decades. In his heyday, of course, we know that Iron Mike rarely needed more than one round to knock out his opponents. Sometimes after one round it was over. You paid all that money to go to the fight to see Mike Tyson. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I'm going to this fight. Let's go to this fight. Huh. Now, Vegas and ain't nothing to do Dallas.
Speaker 1: Come on to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't go no way in Dallas. Don't go eat and take it on in. That's enough eat you famous.
Speaker 9: No man, I'll go to fights in Vegas, man, because I got to go out there. I got to get some because after this raggedy ass fight, I got to be at least go and try to shake him loose.
Speaker 1: All right, So the Vegas odds makers have Jake Paul. Who do you guys have?
Speaker 2: Well, here's a problem.
Speaker 9: Here's first of all, the faints, the faints that Mike Tyson is still capable of doing. Jake Paul has never seen. He's never seen that in the real ring. What's that if the faints? You know, the head, the head movement, the loring, the shifting.
Speaker 1: Is he still fast?
Speaker 9: All you gotta do is look at the tapes? He still can faint. Jake Paul has never seen those fights, those faints. He's been fighting MMA people and and and the NBA playoffs. Nog no, you finnah, get up in there with a dude that really did this. Now he's faster than Mike and he's got more endurance than Mike. In the first two rounds. If Mike get inside close and Jake Paul does not have the awareness of getting the wall off in ropes, he.
Speaker 2: Gonna eat it.
Speaker 9: He gonna eat him because he gonna hit him in the body like he never been been hit before. Now, if Tyson gets in there horribly out of shape, then we're gonna see some dry mess.
Speaker 1: So are you speaking as a former boxer, Steve, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just speaking as all. I said something. I've never been at that level, so almost said that, But that's all it is. You're going.
Speaker 1: Because he used to back in the day too.
Speaker 12: But I'm.
Speaker 9: Jake Paul is brilliant in that he hand picks these people, all of us his idea, okay, and he knows what to do. He's gotten better and better and better he's becoming. But and he could never make this money as a professional fighter.
Speaker 11: I'm about to say, because he'd have to do No, he.
Speaker 2: Can't do that. He's got to do these gimmicks. And he's a brilliant market man.
Speaker 9: I mean, Tyson's gonna get fifty million for this, I don't know what, but the purse, yeah, yeah, Tyson is getting fifty million.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Jake Paul getting.
Speaker 1: Jake Paul is twenty seven. I mean more than Mike.
Speaker 2: I put my money on Mike though, Yeah, I put my money on Mike.
Speaker 11: Mike was knocking people out when he was in Pampas.
Speaker 1: But does he still have it? That's the thing today.
Speaker 2: I've seen him now. If he hits you in, if he hits you, you going to bed.
Speaker 1: I know his hands are lethal, I know that, but lights out.
Speaker 2: But he's gonna hit you. So you had time to wash your face and everything, wash your ta, put a hand net on.
Speaker 1: We'll see Saturday, July twentieth in Dallas, all right. Coming up next, it is the Nephew with today's prank phone call. Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after, it's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is he overthinks everything.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 12: What you got for us, new Well, you know a lot of people give up things for lint, so I'm gonna give up something for lint. And I'm gonna call this guy and let him know that I'm giving up his wife for lint, you know.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 12: Hey, hey, hey, I'm taking a break. Okay, Yeah, I mean you got to give up something, you know what I mean, I body as will let him. Oh yeah, I'm giving up your wife for lyn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Now I'm forty one. Now, hey, I got to get back around here. You got to get back to normal. Got dog, Let's go lit.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm trying to resdorse it. Yeah. This he was this this cliff Man. I work at the post office with your wife.
Speaker 10: How you doing, brother, I'm doing all right and everything cool?
Speaker 8: Yeah, everything good man, everything good. Like I say, my name is cliff Man. I wanted to reach out and holler at you about a couple of things. If you if you got a minute, you got a minute?
Speaker 10: Yeah, everything alright with my wife? Is something wrong or some No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, no, your wife good man, your wife good. I wanted to hit you up. Man. We've been working the post office quite a while. We've probably been in the same room a few times. Man. I don't know if you you remember meeting me or not, but uh, okay, okay, But what I wanted to say, man, is trying to do better with my life, dog, and you know, just just try and do better, you know what I'm saying. So you know, for for LINT, Man, I gave gave up a few things, you know what I'm saying. I just thought that would be a good thing, man, to try the things that matter the most or that you're addicted to, you know, you want to get rid of. You know what I'm saying, at least for LINT is what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 10: You feel me, Okay, I'm kind of confused.
Speaker 8: But what they got to do with me, well, basically, man, I'm I'm giving up for LNT. You know, I decided to give up messing around with your wife, you know, because because.
Speaker 10: Hold on, man, hold on, Man, I'm at work.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you come back, but back up and rephrase everything you just said.
Speaker 8: Well, like I say, Man, for LNT, I'm trying to I'm trying to give up stuff that I'm that I'm addicted to, you know, And I decided what they got to do with me and my wife though and you But that's what I'm trying to tell you, Man, I'm trying to give up messing around with your wife for LNT. I mean, that's what I have given up. I've given up messing around which your wife for Lynn. Man?
Speaker 7: What talking about?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: Messing around with my wife?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 10: Got no time for no games? Right now?
Speaker 4: Who is this man?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: What's your name again?
Speaker 8: This is Cliff Man. I actually work with her for the last ten twelve years. But but what I wanted to really let you know is, you know, her schedule probably gonna change because what we used to be doing we ain't doing. So she's probably gonna be coming home a little bit earlier or things like that. But I don't I don't want you getting addicted to it because you know, after letters over then you know we'll be back what we used to do.
Speaker 7: Man, what is you talking about?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 7: Is my my wife said to be home in a minute. We're gonna talk about with me. Man, I'm about to hold on?
Speaker 8: What what are you?
Speaker 7: Are you in the city right now? Can I can I meet with you right now?
Speaker 8: Cliff? Right? Okay? But what I'm what I'm trying to say, Well, like I'm telling me, I'm trying to do better.
Speaker 7: You know, I gave up trying to do letter that sounds like a bunch of to me, I got something for you, and my wife's true.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, man, I mean, ain't you feeling me on trying to do better? Though?
Speaker 7: I ain't feeling saying you calling me telling me my wife.
Speaker 8: Think we need to meet up and talk about this face to face clip of what you think. I mean, we talk right now if you want to have a conversation.
Speaker 7: Nah, No, no, you just tell me your address and me and my wife's gonna just come on over there about that and we all sit down and have a little powwow. I don't know who thank you is, man, but me and my wife been together over fifteen years and we ain't never had no problems with no like this like you telling me on this phone. It sounds like a bunch of crazy to me. But somebody nick going today if they's true. So what you need to do? You need to tell me your name, your number, And I don't know why you came from this block phone number you hit me.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm hearing you. Man what I'm saying, the reason for the call was to let you know, you know, don't get used to her schedule because after Lint, it's gonna be back to the way it used to be. That's all the phone man, what's up?
Speaker 7: He's you talking back? We'll getting now. What's your what's your what's your last name? Cliff? I'm finna come find you. I'm finna come see you now, Jack.
Speaker 8: My name is Cliff. Like I said, I work at Clinton.
Speaker 7: I work at the post office with So okay, well, how come you call from a block number? Cliff? What's your phone number?
Speaker 8: Man? Hey, hey, man, listen, I'm not trying to have no confrontation with you.
Speaker 7: Man, it's already a confrontation. You can call my phone from a block number. I don't know you, You don't know me, and you're telling me you been my wife? Are you serious?
Speaker 8: Did you know she was married? I mean what you mean?
Speaker 10: Did you know it was married? Yes?
Speaker 8: Or no? I mean yeah, I mean yeah, I knew she was married.
Speaker 6: Okay, what that it is?
Speaker 7: You knew that from the jump. So that means you've been disrespecting me from the jump. So now I got to get in your Now, you just in toll off on yourself. So here regardless, I'm coming to see you today.
Speaker 8: Jack. Hey, my name ain't Jack Man. My name Cliff, but you're not. I'm not look here, I don't have no I'm not trying to have no confrontation. I just wanted you to be aware of the schedule.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm definitely away now, Cliff.
Speaker 8: Who the hand is you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: Another thing? Man, I want to know, like I know, I know your tattoo on your name on her lower back? I've seen that. Uh it's say Dorsey right the wa whoa whoa.
Speaker 7: Whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 10: Hold on, hold on, man?
Speaker 7: You telling me you just seen the tattoo on her back?
Speaker 8: Is that what you're talking? On her lower back? Man? Right right right right on above her tailbone. Yeah, I've seen it, Dorset. Your name Dorsey? Right? Man?
Speaker 7: Who the insidens?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 7: What's your real name?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 8: Man? They calm down, man, are you Are you.
Speaker 6: Cool with the come down you call my thom?
Speaker 8: Are you school with the schedule change? It is what I'm asking? What are you cool with her schedule change? And you see what I'm saying. Her schedule gonna come back to normal once lint is over with. I gave up messing around with her for lyg but not Man, I'm not cool with a thing. I'm about to be cool in your face in a minute. Now tell me your name, tell me your number and.
Speaker 7: Your real address, and we're gonna talk about our lists in person.
Speaker 8: Okay, what my name? What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name?
Speaker 8: Tommy? Man?
Speaker 7: Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 10: Tell me what I mean?
Speaker 8: I mean? Why you need my last name?
Speaker 7: Because I'm finna come see you. What you mean why I need your last name? Hold on? Hold on, somebody, get Edge on the phone. Hey, hold on, don't go nowhere. We're finna get Edge on the phone right now, and we're gonna settle this right now. Hold on, you're on the phone.
Speaker 10: Color color for real? Yep.
Speaker 7: Tell me who what you're scared of?
Speaker 8: Okay, Man, they call me nephew Tommy?
Speaker 6: Oh who my name?
Speaker 8: Nephew Tommy from Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 7: What hell now?
Speaker 8: Shen set me up? Man? Man, your wife got me the prayt call you man. She tells you said I left. I just left the house. Call him now.
Speaker 10: That's why say that. Send the phone. It was over for you.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: Y'all Come on, man, y'all wrong for this man.
Speaker 10: This needs to be a gift allowed man, Man.
Speaker 8: I gotta ask you, baby, what's the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 7: Man, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: I get, and now you have it.
Speaker 2: Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant? What what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I'm giving your wife up for land. Okay, there you have it, young man. I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: This week is going down Richmond, Virginia. Baby, the Nephew was coming to the Funny Bone. I told y'all added the show on Thursday. That means Thursday, Friday, Saturday. And guess what you already know, sold out. So we added another one. This is the last one. It would be a three o'clock show on Sunday, three o'clock on Sunday. So soon as y'all get out of church, get something to eat, come on in, get your laugh on at the Funny Bone.
Speaker 2: Nephew Tommy will be in the building. All right.
Speaker 12: Last show was up to say, that is Sunday at three o'clock in Richmond, Virginia at the Funny Bone.
Speaker 2: You ain't laying in the cut. It is Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 12: That's right, March thirty and Saturday night after Montgomery performing Art Centem.
Speaker 8: That is me.
Speaker 12: That is JJ Williamson, celebrity, the comedian and the one and only earthquake. Baby, We rocking it, We rocking it. Montgomery, Get your black hats ready. We're gonna throw them all up in the steamboat, coming in telling jokes at the same time. All right, but your black hat on is going down. So tickets are on sale right now. Montgomery Performing on Center, Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 2: We marching on comedy.
Speaker 1: Baby, All right, nephew, thank you coming up. It is a Strawberry letter. The subject is he overthinks Everything. We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationship, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry letter to Steve BARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 2: It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nephew. Subject he overthinks Everything. Dear Stephen Shirley I love my husband with all of my heart, but I do not like him, and I don't like being around him. I cannot have a conversation without him weighing the pros and cons of what I'm telling him. For example, prom season is coming and our son has a date, but our daughter chose to go to the prom with a group of girls. He tried to get my daughter to ride to the prom with their son, and I had to shut that down. He thought of every reason in the world to keep my daughter from doing her junior prom her way. When we are out with friends, he can't decide which credit card he is going to use because one card gives him perks and the other one has a better interest rate. With groceries, he overthinks buying produce, and he's talked to the manager at Kroger a few times to ask what state certain vegetables.
Speaker 2: Were grown in.
Speaker 1: When I come in from work and kiss him on the cheek, he'll ask why I did and kiss him on the lips and assume I had garlic or fish for lunch and my breath is not fresh. It's non stop with this man in the bedroom. If I don't let him know, he's doing a good job. The entire time, he will apologize and ask.
Speaker 2: Me what he can do to improve.
Speaker 1: We've been married eighteen years, so whatever he's doing in the bedroom is just fine with me. I'm tired of explaining why I do things and then listen to him telling me how I could have done it. I think that medical marijuana might help him relax. How do I get him to stop overthinking everything? Well, I don't really think. You know, you can stop getting him. You can stop him from overthinking everything. That's just who he is now. I mean, it seems like he's been that way throughout your marriage. You're just noticing it now. And when I look at this letter, you don't have any major major problems like other people. I mean, you're just mad because your husband overthinks things and he doesn't do things on your timeline. Basically, he sounds like a good guy. You say you love him in the bedroom, you love him with all your heart and all of that. I mean, and men do that a lot. They try to figure things out, you know, they try to come up with solutions and all of that. So I think you're just kind of tired of hearing his voice. You say you don't like him and you don't want to be around him. I think you know that's more of what you're talking about. I mean, these things happen in marriage all the time. It sounds like you've grown apart a little bit, But you gotta figure out a way to fix this because you don't want to break over this breakup over this little bitty thing. The love is still there, thank God, So you got to try to fix it. You and your husband need to do something to save this situation before it's too late, because I think now, if you do continue like this, it could grow into something on your part, resentment, hate, whatever. I don't want to see you guys break break up over this. You guys got to talk and sit down and try to work this out.
Speaker 2: Steve this couple right here.
Speaker 9: First of all, I don't like the letter. I didn't like it in the first damn line. First of all, subject he overthinks everything. Here's a line I didn't like, Steven Shirley. I love my husband with all my heart, but I do not like him and I don't like being around him. Hell, it's over. What is a marriage if you don't want to be around him?
Speaker 7: Like him?
Speaker 2: Talk to him and nothing like this. This is strong care. How much you love a person whoa what's love got to do? Got to do with it? What does it have to do with it if you don't like him or like being around him?
Speaker 8: Y'all?
Speaker 11: Huh is just he?
Speaker 9: He all wrong on so many levels. I'm not really sure. I think this is a person. This is a control freak. I think he has control issues. We had a person who worked here at the station like that. It's people like that who just want credit and control. I've worked around people like this before. Gotta get control for everything, need credit for everything.
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 9: What about profit? What about results? Why are you so busy trying to get credit and car? I can't have a conversation without him weighing the pros and cons of what I'm telling him. Prom season coming up. Son got a date, but our daughter chose to go to the problem with a group of girls. He tried to get my daughter to ride to the prom with our son. I had to shut that down. Hell yeah, she in the car blocking, just messing the whole date up. Don't nobody want to go on no damn date with their sister? What young dude want to go on a date with his damn sister sitting up.
Speaker 2: In the car.
Speaker 9: I don't care how she dressed. She's stilled my sister. You should have heard what he said to her. This ain't your business, but your husband trying to save money and control the situation. Then he want to try to protect his daughter. He don't really want to go in with the group of girl want her brother in the car. All that ain't fitna work out anyway. He can't decide which credit card he gonna use when we go out with friends. He can't decide which credit card he's gonna use because one card give me perks and the other one has a better interest rate. So use the one with the better interest rates. You don't get no perks. Use the one with the perks. They gonna charge you for the perks. They don't get a high interest rate. What you want me to tell you, y'all need a new damn credit card. Y'all need a credit card with perks and low interest rates. That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: In the city here and try and figure this out right here.
Speaker 9: But if you playing, then but I'm telling you right here, if you're not paying off them credit cards every month, like it, So the American Express, you gonna get ate up with interest rates anyway, I don't know what to tell you. With grocery, he overthink buying produce, and he's talked to the manager at Kroger a few times to ask what states certain vessels come from?
Speaker 2: Who do that? Who dude that?
Speaker 1: All right, listen, hang on, Oh damn body, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter subject he overthinks everything. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is he overthinks everything.
Speaker 2: We're reading a letter from a marriage that's doomed.
Speaker 9: The woman that in the opening letter say I love my husband with all my heart, but I don't like him and I don't like being a him.
Speaker 2: What we talking about him? Ain't we talking about how you stay married? You might love him, but don't sound like you're in love with him. So we're in trouble.
Speaker 9: You can't have a conversation with him without him weighing the pros and cons about it. Y'all go about everything, his son, your son, and your daughter going to the prom. Your son got a date, Your daughter decides she going with a group of girls. Your husband want her to ride with your brother sitt't have be in a car messing it up. Don't no dude want to go on no damn date with his sister. You can't talk freely the other girl sitting in the car, damn while your sister here.
Speaker 7: Just horrible.
Speaker 9: Now you're down at the grocery store. He can't make a decision about nothing. And he trying to figure out which credit card to use because one got perks and the other one got better interest rates. Well, you need a new credit card, damnit. You need to call with perks and low interest rates. You need a capital card. You've seen the commercial. Yeah, what's in your wallet? Obviously he ain't a capital card. You need a damn capital card. Kevin on that commercial, Samuel l on that commercial. You need a new credit card. Now he overthinks buying produce. He's even talked to the manager at krow Kroger a few times to ask him which state certain vegetables are grown in.
Speaker 2: I wish he'd ask me.
Speaker 1: You gonna work at Kroger.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but just for stupid questions like that. I say, yeah, we grow all our vegetables ourselves in what state you grow on me in?
Speaker 2: They're all back.
Speaker 9: I have him driving around looking for that damn gardens. When I come in from working, I kiss him on the cheek. He always asks why I ain't kissing him on the lips and assume I had garlic a fish for lunch now and my breath is not fresh. It's non stop with this man in the bedroom. If I don't let him know he's doing a good job the entire time, he will apologize and ask me what he can do to improve what Anyway, We've been married eighteen years, so whatever he's doing in the bedroom is just fine with me. I'm tired of explaining why I do things and then listen to him telling me how I could have done it. I think that medical marijuana might help him relate. He don't need no damn medical marijuana. He needs some weed from off the street.
Speaker 2: He this is weed.
Speaker 9: You need a plug, You need some more, You need somebody. Yeah, you don't need no damn medical marijuana. You need some weed off the street. You need an ass around.
Speaker 4: Who got the good stuff.
Speaker 9: You need some sess. You need somebody down there selling that other kind of weed. You need some chronic, you need some.
Speaker 2: You need some blue. You need to check the size of the woods. Yeah you weed. You need all that. You need some googly goo, you need some you need you need some jasper, you need some all that. You're all that. Damn.
Speaker 9: How do I get him to stop overthinking everything, get away from that damn medical marijuana and buy yourself something off some street. He needs a street drug because it's just something wrong with him. He might need something stronger than weed.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just saying he got to go to a club. Then what they need to do?
Speaker 9: He need to go to a white club on the weekend and just buy something in there that'll have you somewhere tripping.
Speaker 2: I don't look.
Speaker 9: I don't know what to tell you about your husband. You don't like him no more. You don't like being around him no more. As soon as them kids get out the house, y'all through.
Speaker 1: You don't think there's a marriage worth saving, Steve, you don't think their marriage is worth saving.
Speaker 2: I don't like him or being around him. What is we saving it from?
Speaker 1: Because they're committed because they took vows. Excuse me, Yeah, you don't think it's worth saving? That's my question?
Speaker 3: Serious?
Speaker 2: First of all, know your room? Who you talking to?
Speaker 12: What do you mean?
Speaker 9: You don't think I tried to save a few of Oh everything, everything ain't savable. Okay, Sometimes two people just have to admit, Look, we made a mistake.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 9: Just say working. You don't like me and I can't stand your ass either. Why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: You don't like being around me? You ever been around a person that don't like being around you? That's hard, man, And then you trying to act like you like being around them, but they don't like being around.
Speaker 8: You know it?
Speaker 2: Bruh, you can't stay there. Think about that.
Speaker 9: Everybody on this radio show has been around on somebody that you could feel didn't want to be around you. So now are you with that person anymore?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: No, So why are we trying to keep these two people together? Why just get this over with, matter of fact, right after the.
Speaker 1: Prom after the kids get back out?
Speaker 2: Please got paper?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 2: Oh oh.
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 1: Wow? Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM, on Instagram and on Facebook and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app because free never sounded so good. You can download it today. Coming up at forty six minutes.
Speaker 2: Surely wants y'all to save y'all's marriage.
Speaker 4: You they can.
Speaker 1: I think they can save this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Coming up in forty six minutes after the hour, we'll hear from Junior with Sports Talk. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Junior and Sports Talk. Which you got Junior?
Speaker 8: Well, you know what.
Speaker 5: Surely, the NFL free agency starts tomorrow, but there's a few things gonna happen before the end.
Speaker 11: Listen.
Speaker 5: I don't know how he keep doing it. I don't know because he spent them years in Cleveland. But Bucks signed Baker Mayfield to a three year, one hundred million dollar deal. Baker Mayfield keep making it happen, man, Yeah, Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Keep coming back, fifty million guaranteed, babe.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a good agent.
Speaker 11: He got a great agent.
Speaker 2: Bad last year, though he really didn't do bad lest year.
Speaker 1: Now he took the Bucks to the playoffs, man, I mean he earned it. But back, yeah, he can't talk about Baker.
Speaker 2: You don't like Baker?
Speaker 11: Is it upsetting you?
Speaker 5: Baker keep making his money like this and you don't think he had a great quarterback and he didn't do nothing for Cleveland?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 9: He ain't done nothing for nobody? I mean, I don't know where you see a hundred millionaire.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey, that's what they're gonna pay him.
Speaker 2: But it's over three years.
Speaker 11: But fifty million is guaranteed though, so the rest of it gonna be in the sentives.
Speaker 9: But you know, I mean, look, I'm glad for anybody making money. I don't never hate on that. But he one hundred million dollar quarterback.
Speaker 2: No, he's not that.
Speaker 4: He's not that.
Speaker 2: He's not that. I'm sorry, he's not a hundred man.
Speaker 11: Well what did you think about this?
Speaker 2: Uncle?
Speaker 5: Russell Wilson is moving on. He won't be in Denver this season. He could be playing for the Steelers Pittsborough.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: I'm sad about that though, because I'm Cleveland when in the same division. I've hated Pittsburgh. Mind tie, Like, now you got to start hating, No, yeah, I gotta start hating y'all. Don't know how this Cleveland thing run That one hundred and twenty five miles on that turn. There's some walls up in here. I'm happy for Russell man. He need to be over there with Tom. That's exactly who they needed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, man got eight million dollars.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: You know black head coach black quarter, Yeah, black they teaming up.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with that. Man.
Speaker 5: So we had six ejected into South Carolina Women's championship game between LSU and South Carolina.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 6: I saw.
Speaker 11: I watched that game. Man, them women cleared them benches.
Speaker 5: Then the security jumping over table and had everybody ye benches.
Speaker 2: Okay, we know, we know. No, no, no, it sounds like you said something different right there. Now, No you did say you did.
Speaker 11: Y'all think I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: It sounded like you said a female dog, I.
Speaker 11: Said, cleared the benches.
Speaker 5: But Carolina won seventy nine to seventy two, and they go thirty two and oh and uh you know what, congratulated the game cocks.
Speaker 11: They want they going to to the March Madness and they gonna be a number one seed.
Speaker 2: So ma'am, thank you, junior.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up at the top of the hour, a man on social Media's your advice, Steve, He says, my neighbor makes noise all day long. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 1: Sug on Facebook Rights. I've lived in the same house for almost a decade, but I got a new next door neighbor last fall. He seemed like a nice guy, and for the first few months he was hardly home. I think he's either lost his job or retired, because now he's home all the time and is constantly doing noisy work around his house. He blows off his driveway multiple times every day with the leaf floor and works using power tools in his garage into the evening with the door wide open. I've let it go up until now, but it's really starting to irritate me. I need a break from the constant noise, but I don't want to start a rift with my neighbor. How should I handle without causing a problem.
Speaker 2: This ain't your business. This ain't your business.
Speaker 9: Right That man got every right to blow them leaves whenever he wants to, and he work on that garage during the daytime hours with the door open.
Speaker 2: Now, if you say it seemed like he'd have lost his job.
Speaker 9: And he home now because at first he was never home while your ass at home.
Speaker 2: See, hi's you there all day listening.
Speaker 4: To the noise?
Speaker 9: What happened to your damn job? See it don't make no sense man that don't go over there. It ain't your business. Leave that man alone. He's not doing anything.
Speaker 2: He in his garage working with power tools. That's his right.
Speaker 9: He might have a furniture making company, furniture repair. You don't know what he's doing. But he got his garage.
Speaker 2: Do open.
Speaker 9: You can't shut your garage. All that salt does and stuff in there that ain't your business. And he blow the leaves twice a day. He don't want to leaves in his job.
Speaker 2: But why you home? I'm listening to it though, What happened.
Speaker 1: To your job? He blows the leaves multiple times a day.
Speaker 2: He don't want no leaves in the y'all. I understand that summer coming, they'll be able to stay up on the tree in the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, But he can't say nothing.
Speaker 2: To the neighbor.
Speaker 4: Let it go.
Speaker 2: I don't don't know what he can say. Yeah, can you make noise in yoga rock?
Speaker 1: How can you keep it down? It's a little noisy over here.
Speaker 9: God can't keep it down. Bring your ass over here again, loud? Yeah, what if he has some nicely what he But you can't leave a man alone. That's his house.
Speaker 2: People do what they want to do.
Speaker 9: Man, Quit whying about what your neighbor doing. He ain't in your y'all, He ain't blowing the leaves in your grass.
Speaker 1: Get some ear plugs, all right.
Speaker 2: If you find a job you're working from home, go work, go to the office.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna go well, not gonna go well. All right. Here's another one. This is from Sean on Steve harvfm UH. Sean writes, I'm a senior in high school and for the first for the past couple of years, I've been running a pretty successful social media channel focused on car culture. It started as just a hobby, but now it's grown into a legit side hustle, bringing in enough income for me to survive comfortably. I'd rather continue working on building my side hustle, but my parents are dead said on me going to college. They're all about the traditional path, get a degree, secure a real job, and then follow your passions on the side. But I'm already doing what I love and making money at it. How do I convince them that college might not be necessary for everyone? Is there a way to prove that my side hustle can turn into a full time career or do I just give in to keep the peace?
Speaker 9: Well, listen, man, if you go to college, you're not gonna survive it because your heart ain't gonna be any. The heart is not gonna be any. And I would say this to all parents, man, you have to listen to your children. I've wanted my children all to take a certain path. Ain't None of them took the path I wanted them to take, now one.
Speaker 2: Of, not now one of?
Speaker 9: And they turned out fine, They'll be okay. College ain't the only way to earn a living. College ain't the only pathway to success. I had to learn that. I usually get mad and kids were playing video games all day long till I met the Black Ninja and found out he was making two million dollars a month and all he do is play video games.
Speaker 2: The kids signed up and pay to watch it.
Speaker 1: We'll have more of the seas Hardy Morning Show coming up, but twenty minutes after the hour you're listening.
Speaker 3: Hard Morning Show, all right.
Speaker 1: So, Steve, before we went to break, you were telling this young man who already has a successful side hustle, telling him how to let his parents know that he didn't want to go to college because they wanted him to take the traditional route and go to college. So you made some statements you wanted to clear up.
Speaker 9: God, well you all said on the break sounded like, Steve, what you said you said, Steve, sound like you're telling people not to go to college. Well I am, oh goodness, because college is not for everybody. I mean, man, we got to stop looking at it like this. And these young people are finding some creative ways to earn a living on this internet.
Speaker 2: Man, that that was not available to us.
Speaker 9: So of course we can't promote that because we want to take the route we took, as in the letter, was a more traditional route. Well, there are untraditional ways of making money right now. But there's a thing called the pursuit of happiness. And if your child is doing something that's clean and legal and they enjoy doing it, you don't have to be able to see exactly what they do it. This dude to turn this car thing into a hustle where he earning money. If you let him perfect that he can make hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly millions, And ain't that what you go to college for?
Speaker 2: And college is a bit of a you know, it's just let me just say, it's just not for everybody.
Speaker 9: And I hate to tell you this, but the richest man in the world don't even have college degrees.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 9: As long as your child has a legitimate Bible love and dream, let them pursue it and save yourself.
Speaker 2: Some damn money.
Speaker 1: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play another round and would you rather? Right after this you're listening morning show, it is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather be okay looking but very funny? Or be super hot but very very boring.
Speaker 3: I'm living ain't very embodiment.
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking at you, okay, looking at it? Who you're looking at looking?
Speaker 9: And I got news right. The only reason I'm saying okay is that's what was in the question. You ain't alright?
Speaker 1: If you asked me, all right, would you rather have your heart broken? I don't want to get Yeah, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't good looking, I ain't not see I'm the only one on the shore glass. Ain't got to answer that one shot me a little glass, junr.
Speaker 9: Only one readily admit what you sho strange ass looking the other person always at like he cute, hard.
Speaker 1: Looking at feel good about yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm fine, right, little, I don't care how I look. I ain't got that.
Speaker 9: I ain't making You don't make money on how you look at now, ain't nobody ain't now one of these dude made no money based on how they do.
Speaker 2: That's true. That jokes and get on out here, all right?
Speaker 1: So would you rather have your heart broken fifty times but finally find your soulmate on the fifty first time? Okay? Or would you rather never have your heart broken but spend your life with someone you know doesn't love you?
Speaker 2: What is she fine? Is she fine? The one that don't love me.
Speaker 12: Doesn't say I'm behooled, But I'm not gonna give my heart broke fifty times?
Speaker 10: Way?
Speaker 2: Don't ye give me that fine? Don't give a damn b yeah, yeah heart bredge six yeah a lot.
Speaker 9: I've enjoyed them, though I have had a wonderful time to get my heart cracked.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I'm the embodiment of friend zone. I've been friend zone so many times. You know it's not gonna work. We're just gonna be friends. Okay, I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: As you broke up with so many, I thought that's what the relationship was for. All right, all right?
Speaker 1: So would you rather marry an average looking person who is nice but loves you? Or would you rather marry the sexiest person on the planet who's very mean and a horrible person?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I want that? Sexy is hell mean? Damn it? Oh yeah, what's wrong with it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm gonna take this. All right looking girl, nice to men.
Speaker 1: That is today's rounded. Would you rather coming up next? Steve Harvey will close out the show right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, here we are our last brig of the day on this Tuesday. Don't forget. You can vote today in the states of Georgia and Mississippi. Please get out and vote.
Speaker 2: Georgia, you got you know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Primaries, local elections. You can't ignore that this is not November. Still go to the polls. There are things on the ballot then need your attention. You gotta go every time every election.
Speaker 6: Go to the point.
Speaker 2: You know what they ought to do.
Speaker 9: They want to make all this on one day, all that on one damn day. Just get it on one day. All these issues and stuff right here. We should all have it on one day. That would less complicate things.
Speaker 1: I think they want it complicated, so's to do it. That's the issue.
Speaker 9: I got some closing remarks. You know, earlier today we were talking about college. But you know what I really want to focus on. I want to talk about a person's dreams and how important they are. I cannot express to you the importance of chasing your dreams. I'm in the dream. I'm in the dream chasing business man. I just believe in it. I believe in it wholeheartedly. Your dream is the most important thing in your life, outside of your relationship with God, and outside of who you choose to spend the rest of your life with. You got to, you got to. It's your dreams, man, It's your dreams and your visions. It's the thing that you aspire to. It's a thing that keeps you awake at night. It's a thing that troubles you that you can't get off your heart. It's in your imagination, it's that dream thing. Man, you got to pursue that. It makes life worth living. It makes it fun to wake up in the morning. I don't wake up in the morning I go oh, Wow, another day. I wake up every morning, go Wow, another chance, another opportunity. Let's go, you know, I mean, I'm just grateful for that, man, I mean, I wish everybody could feel and experience that, and you can't.
Speaker 2: But you have to make the decision you can.
Speaker 9: But well, ah, now, Steve, see you different, You doing what you want to do for a living because I made a decision one day. But you have the right to make that same decision. Folks, you don't have to sit there and play the hand that's dealt to you. You can actually ask God for a new set of cards.
Speaker 2: You can do that.
Speaker 9: You can ask God for another chance. God is in another chance business. You can ask God for forgiveness. God don't hold your past against you. People do y'all. When God forgives you, it's over. The clean slate problem is you got people in your life to keep reminding you of who you was and won't let you be who you have decided to be. They won't even allow the new you to exist. Because they keep bringing up the old U. You got to distance yourself from them people. Man, them is haters. Man them is haters. They work for the other side.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, God got soldiers, but the devil do too.
Speaker 9: They call imps and they busy, They busy twenty four to seven, and the imp resides in people you didn't even think.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: So you ever had somebody in your life you thought you was cool when you found out they was talking about you behind your back and you went wow, And it throw you off to the point where you are damn thought where it's cool. Or you have somebody put their mouth on you that you ain't never met, but they got their mouth on you. I deal with that all the time. There's always so somewhere talking about me. Ain't never met me, just got their mouth on me. But you got to be careful though. You gotta be careful about putting your mouth on certain people.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: It's some people out here that God truly care about. It's some people out here that God got on certain missions for him. You can't keep putting your mouth on God's people. You can't keep putting your mouth on people that God has chosen. That's God on a certain path. You can't keep putting your mouth on annoyed people. You got to be careful because I'm annoying people. They ain't gonna fire back, they ain't gonna say nothing. But you got to be careful though. Listen, y'all. God is in the forgiving business. God is in to get your life together.
Speaker 2: Business. God is in to make it all right. Business. God is good.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: Man, look y'all have got to stop pursuing stuff that's not.
Speaker 2: Important to you.
Speaker 9: I was reading this thing man about seven quality is becoming a billionaire or rich or something like that. I forgot what it was. Two of the things stuck out to me. It said, forget about the women and get yourself one woman, because if you get yourself one good woman who's willing to help you, work with you, support you, love you. Man, you can get with that one good woman and she can be the missing link to your whole success. She can get you there. And you know, another thing is said on this thing, stay off the internet. That is so crazy, man, Stay off the internet, because if you got your life wrapped around social media, social media gonna get you wrapped around it. You got to be careful what you put in your day to day man, because what you digest is what you're gonna regurgitate. If you keep digesting hate, you're gonna end up spewing hate. Be careful out there, y'all. Take care of yourself man.
Speaker 2: Believe in the.
Speaker 9: Dream, trust in the vision. Talk to God every day. He'd absolutely love to hear from you. And never ever, no matter what, don't you ever give up because you just don't know when God is gonna flip the switch. He ain't never too late. Quit thinking he is, because he's never too late. Those are my closing remarks. Y'all, have yourself a great day. Talk to God, like I said, he'd love to hear from you. If not, you're gonna be running your mouth with somebody who don't care about you at all, and it ain't no good.
Speaker 8: For all.
Speaker 1: Steve Harvey Contests No purchase necessary, void we're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com.
Speaker 3: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show