Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, thanks so much for joining me on Table for two. This season, we're gonna try something new. We're gonna have bonus content for you between each full length episode. It's so much fun, and we had such great conversation at the table with Divine Joey Randolph that I thought i'd share a little more with you. Both of us love fashion and I wanted to know where she finds clothing inspiration and what she was planning to wear during award season. We recorded this interview before she took home BAFTA SAG Award and Best Supporting Actress at the Academy Awards.
Speaker 2: That's right, she won an Oscar.
Speaker 1: Divine and I also discussed her love of diamonds and an urgent need for a private jet. And even though award season is over and the fashion shows have ended, I'm sure she would still welcome a plane or an Elizabeth Taylor worthy rock Daddy Warbucks. If you're listening, you can message me on Instagram and I'll put you in touch with Divines people. We hope you enjoyed this little bonus from our conversation, and we'll be back next week with the handsome Matt Bomer.
Speaker 2: So I know that you're like you're into fashion. Yeah, into fashion.
Speaker 1: I mean you're just like wearing some beautiful like leather everything.
Speaker 2: You know, you're about to go on this big getting into the game. You're getting into the like what is like the hunger game? It really is and.
Speaker 1: I've heard about it, just you know when people experience it's like whow.
Speaker 2: So first of all, this is what I need to know. Are you ready for it? No? Not ready for it? It is what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm you and be like I'm ready. I don't even know what's around the corner. I just show up like they just said, I gotta go to a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, Like you're like here, I'm a table for two. What the heck is responsing? I'm now go to the next time. Let me ask you.
Speaker 1: So, now, let's say we're out Oscar. We're going to Oscar out fashion. What do we have any like I don't know for jewelry.
Speaker 2: Hair up, hair down? Like, what do are we vibings you have?
Speaker 3: Like I always I'll say this, I genuinely don't know, and I would tell you even off the camera.
Speaker 2: I would tell you I gingually don't know. Yet I don't know I don't know what I'm wearing a.
Speaker 3: Sad yet bath yet, I don't know yet, which is exciting only because diners are coming to the.
Speaker 2: Table being like we want to play with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and having options is beyond right. Fashion is one of the most fun like outside of acting. It's my other gag where I'm just like, it's a blast. It's storyteller. I always have to tell stories in my clothes. And I always love to be timeless, like this stuff.
Speaker 2: This is me off day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking pictures on the wall at the Tower of Glamour, shots of people I have.
Speaker 3: I have Turner classic movies on my TV, like it's the news, that's my CNN.
Speaker 2: It's always on. I'll be watching them.
Speaker 3: That's how I like wind down from the night, especially when I'm filming, and like in all this right, it's chaos.
Speaker 1: Organized chaos is your favorite that you love since this classic movie.
Speaker 3: I always have to have in the rotation either head burns because the acting, but also the fashion. Yeah, Sophia Lawren always has to be in the rotation. I love Spencer Tracy. Then I gotta get in my musicals. I gotta get a Fred Astaire or something I love them, Frank Sinatra's and something and a lot of times I will freeze frame and freeze right, but pause and then be like, take a screenshot of the dress and send it. Shelly McClain, What a way to go?
Speaker 2: What a way to go? Okay, I've not seen this. I need to see this. I'm an old movie.
Speaker 3: For the fashion alone. There is a ten minute fashion sequence. It's just her pulling up in a car getting out with the new husband.
Speaker 2: Bah, what a way to go? Okay, the fashion is unreal. What a way to go? So okay, we don't know yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: And when you said I love jewelry, yes, drip, well to me, like you can be the simpler their dress.
Speaker 2: Drip drip. Yeah, did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Neil Lane? Neil Lane is a buddy of mine. Neil Lane's very good buddy of mine. Oscar night you win?
Speaker 2: Is it? Memorize? Improvise? No cards?
Speaker 3: I think I do not trust myself. Well, sometimes what happens is there's like this internal quaking that's going on. You know, like I don't know if you're into yoga or not, but like you know, like the fire bread, like imagine like a quick internal fire breath. You're like tremmering inside and it's resonating through your body. So that's where a card could be good. But then a card if you're shaking trying to catch the words. So I think at a certain point people are just like forget it and then start going off script. So I think I will write something down, I will have it. I will probably start shaking and probably halfway through go off script.
Speaker 1: I feel from just us being together, and just also you have something that comes so naturally out of you, that eminates such strength and power. And even though all that's I'm sure the most overwhelming thing, I would hedge.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna.
Speaker 3: I really pray so and I pray that I don't cry only because I want to cry afterwards, because I want.
Speaker 2: To get the words out.
Speaker 3: You're trying. You know what it is to a room, It's unnatural. I've never experienced it before. Of like when a room just erupts and like cheering. I almost said yelling, but it feels like it. But yelling and clapping it throws off your equal liberty. So your body is like and you're trying to then get up there and say something eloquent and beautiful. You're trying to like come your like nervous system to then at.
Speaker 2: Least the good news is your category is in the beginning. You just do it. Take the shoes, relast, enjoy the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So okay, a guilty pleasure, just something I mean, maybe it's the movies, maybe it's TM.
Speaker 2: Yeahs shopping. You and I should hang out. Jewelry and shopping my.
Speaker 3: Favorite eating, traveling. I love shopping abroad. So like I have an upcoming London slash Paris hopefully do you know someone with a jet.
Speaker 2: With a jet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we need to talk after this because I need to go to the Gucci show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Gucci show. I don't want to be boogie. That's not my jets.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because the Gucci for everybody to go to the Gucci show, what is my life now on the twenty third, the very next day is sack. There is no domestic plane that can get me back in time to go to the Gucci show.
Speaker 2: You have to fly overnight after the Gucci like.
Speaker 3: Immediately, like cloud cloud the plane. There's no plane there. So I love shopping. We're going to have to Yes, we will connect and exchange information.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Table for two with Bruce Bosi is produced by iHeart Radio seven three seven Park and Airmail. Our executive producers Bruce Bosi Nathan King. Our supervising producer and editor is Dylan Fagan. Table for two is researched and written by Jack Sullivan. Our sound engineers are Meil B. Klein, Jess Krainich, Evan Taylor, and Jesse Funk. Our music supervisor is Randall Poster. Our talent booking is done by Jane Sarkin. Table for two Social media manager is Graceie Wiener. Special thanks to Amy Sugarman, Uni Scherer, Kevin Uvane, Bobby Bauer, Alison Kanter, Graber, Barbara Jen, Jeff Klein, and the staff at the Tower Bar in the world famous Sunset Tower Hotel in Hollywood. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.