Speaker 1: West up It slip service a mansla yee, I'm Gigi Maguire.
Speaker 2: Oh that's my cue. I'm Kim o Sorrio girl.
Speaker 3: I'm a Kem Woods, I'm Ida Rodriguez.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need to like edit this because are too many pluses.
Speaker 5: It was I thought, because.
Speaker 6: I thought only the hosts were doing it, and then y'all was going to introduce the guests.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: No, we don't everybody introduce themselves up here. Okay, all right, well, I guess Kim Osrio's guest hosting.
Speaker 4: Hey, you've seen her up here before.
Speaker 1: But Kim and I have known each other forever, and I always introduced you to say.
Speaker 2: As your friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate that, my friend, but also the first woman editor in chief of The Source who okay, straight from the Source. Also executive producer on TV shows that you may know. So, I mean a ton of them, a ton of them growing up hip hop, you know, black ink love and hip hop, the impact New York. So doing her thing for real, and she writes her own scripts too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To be clear, we're just waiting for her to really like her to get to work, go heavy on the plane, all right, and I keen Wed too. We've had up here a couple of times, and he's guests hosted with me on Way Up. But a comedian, and of course my other friend Ada Rodriguez, who is a woman of the Hour today Ida who has her HBO special fighting words. But also she's an author. Legitimate kid. I love that word. She's an author.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. And I love that you read the books. Oh yeah, you actually read the books.
Speaker 4: I love when I read a book and I know the person because you'd be like child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, like I can't believe you did that. And Kim's book is juicy too. I just want to put it out there.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: But Gigi, by the way, it's going to be at south By Southwest.
Speaker 4: I am me too, Monday, Monday.
Speaker 1: This will actually be yeah, okay, well this is because I'm so excited that we did a world premiere of the Magic City document Oh look, I'm wearing my shirt of the Magic City documentary yesterday.
Speaker 7: I want to say I'm excited as of yesterday. I saw it was great, but I'm actually I'm so excited about this project. It's produced by Drake and Jamaine Duprie, along with of course Magic City and Jamie Gertz and.
Speaker 4: The narrator. Yeah, I hosted there as well.
Speaker 5: As sit for an interview.
Speaker 7: It was a three part docuseries and the world premiere south by Southwest. I've been counting down this day since I found out, like like Christmas, like a little kid.
Speaker 3: Did you say Jamie Gerts the actress?
Speaker 7: Yes, so you know her and her husband owned the Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 3: I know it so so yeah?
Speaker 6: She?
Speaker 7: Oh really I love her. She her baby, such a sweetheart. This is a big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: GJ.
Speaker 1: At Magic City, when you were there, what would you say, like if you had to guess what your annual salary was, Like, how much would you say you were making?
Speaker 4: Like a year? Do you even know?
Speaker 3: Probably like one fifty to two hundred don't.
Speaker 4: Stop, so what I'm talking about often?
Speaker 8: Did you want to film therefore a Magic Yeah? Yeah we filmed scenes there, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I would try to work as much as I physically could, because I always felt like when I wasn't there, I was missing money, Like I would rather go make money than go spend money. And I felt like if I wasn't there making money, then I'm missing out, and like you never know what you're gonna make, Like you could make six thousand on a Tuesday, and you can make seven thousand on a Wednesday, Like you can make three hundred on Monday, and you can make four thousand, like you never really know.
Speaker 8: In the club and look at the beginning and be like, oh, this is this a one thousand dollar night. This is just a two thousand dollars night. You can't tell they.
Speaker 4: Should throw money on.
Speaker 1: Comedians changed my whole life.
Speaker 5: Funny get out of what's his name?
Speaker 3: Roland Martin threw some money at me. And when I did a comedy show and I picked it up and threw it back.
Speaker 4: You should have let that set things off.
Speaker 3: Ye, I was next. So I'm from Miami, so I grew up. Uncle Luke was my mentor. He was my I interned for him.
Speaker 4: So I was very involved.
Speaker 3: And around a lot of the dancers, freaky red like it was a bunch of girls. And I remember Gloria, you know, like my beautiful Porto rock And I always had this admiration and adoration for dancers because I remember one of the girls at my high school dance at the talent show. And I just remember when she started dancing, everybody was and then by the end all the teachers were running.
Speaker 4: Like, oh no, hold on, dance at the talent show.
Speaker 3: She started dancing, and then he was like, she became like one of the star dancers at the Rolex.
Speaker 1: In high school, you can't do that dance in high school, but not at the talent show.
Speaker 3: It's the talent, but the culture of like Miami.
Speaker 1: But it is a talent because there's people who are great, and then these people there's like, come on, you gotta do more than work around.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel like a misconception I had before I started was that every girl knew how to dance or had like a routine or like certain costumes that they wore blindly thinking that that was the thing.
Speaker 4: And I got there and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, half these girls can't dance at all, and they're not flexible, they don't point their toes, like they can't get on that po Because G's kind of exceptional, though you can't like compare people to when Gigi was at Magic City. She started, I mean, Monday nights kicked off at Magic City because well not really, because of me.
Speaker 7: But the whole like pole movement I started when I came to make the city.
Speaker 4: None of these girls were doing poetricks.
Speaker 7: I came in at one hundred and ten pounds and an acup and that's all I had. I didn't have the big booty, I didn't have the popularity because nobody knew me from there.
Speaker 3: I was from Philly.
Speaker 7: But I had talent, and you know that is what kind of pushed me ahead of the the game.
Speaker 3: It's all I have work or.
Speaker 1: Remember when it was so popular to do like pole fitness training, That shit was rough.
Speaker 4: I did a class once.
Speaker 1: I was like, look, my arms is hurt, my abs hurt, everything hurt.
Speaker 7: Work out yeah, bruised, definitely a full body workout. And I want to say that when I work classes as well after I retired, and I just want to say that I saw everyday women pull out like just sexiness and confidence that they didn't even know they had, and.
Speaker 4: That was kind of to me.
Speaker 7: That was probably like the best reward that I got from teaching is that you we would have like lawyers and teachers and nurses and just like regular everyday moms and they would come in and they would walk out a whole different person.
Speaker 4: We need to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we need to set up some type of like private classes.
Speaker 4: Are y'all down a little Poe trick?
Speaker 3: But let me tell you when I knew it was popular is when Sheila Kelly that's David Kelly's wife, wrote a book called The S Factor and it was all about the pole dancing. And I was like, that's from.
Speaker 5: The it's a book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's she they had that. Wasn't that the name of the classes too? They had S Factors.
Speaker 3: It became she branded it and everything, and I was like, what that's that's from where I come from.
Speaker 1: You'll know how to clap your body listen. I came, there's a story that you were going to tell our way up that I would love for you to share now. He was like, I can't because you know, way up in my show I heard is a lot.
Speaker 6: More I told something doing the people in the comedy. It's not a radio story.
Speaker 4: But now you can tell the real story of what happened in your gym.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I went, I don't I work it out? I work out it was. It was it was a midday workout, like not it was the summer still out. But it was like getting to the customer night, great workout, but I realized that it was more dudes because I've been doing workout classes but wheezy, and there were more dudes in this class than normal normally just a bunch of white women.
Speaker 5: I'm like, all right, this is cool, dude.
Speaker 6: I didn't get a good workout in because I was checking everybody out the whole time, so I didn't.
Speaker 5: Work out a lot.
Speaker 6: Afterwards, I go, I go to the locker room, and I wish I would have kept this note. There was a note in the locker room, in my locker because I put all my stuff on the locker and the note just had like an address, and it had it just said sex party.
Speaker 5: And then I had an address, and in my head, I'm like, girl on my going to.
Speaker 4: This so I enis said yes, I am no.
Speaker 6: So I so I go home, I go home, I go home and I take a shower.
Speaker 4: And that's how you knew you were going No, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I took it because I just worked out, just worked out, and in my head, I'm like, I'm not going to this party.
Speaker 5: But then I put in the address. Bitch.
Speaker 6: It was three minute walk. It was three minutes walking. I'm like, I'm like, well, the Lord, well, the Lord wants me to go, watched me to go. So I go to the party and it's it's it's a gay sex party. So exactly what you think is happening is happening. A lot of hot dudes, a lot of people of color too. I'm like, okay, inclusion. So it's just so at one point, but there's the thing. At one point, I'm sucking this dude and I look over and I see a mirror and I see myself sucking this dude, and I'm like, Nigga, is Monday.
Speaker 9: You shouldn't be doing this muchtigation ship on a Monday afternoon. Like, Nigga, you have a problem you in in.
Speaker 4: The mirror when you looked at but he bent over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was bent over, and there was a dude visions and there's a dude behind me.
Speaker 4: He was behind you.
Speaker 6: He was behind me, Like like like, this is gonna be I can't wait to read the comments on this, because y'all are gonna be Really, he was eating my ass, so he was behind.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a nice I can't say something else, like you ambidtion.
Speaker 6: No, I cannot wait to the homophobic comics and this and this is gonna be why wait.
Speaker 8: I have to ask, So are they rules to the sex party when you walk in? Like does someone greet you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: What happened was this was this was actually a really saved sex party.
Speaker 6: So there's lube everywhere, there's a bunch of condoms, there's refreshments, those gas music playing like drinks drinks and stuff like that, and then there's music playing and the strobe lights and then there was just.
Speaker 2: Dude, is there a host?
Speaker 5: Like, hey, well there probably what I think the host was the one who was getting fucked the most, like he was like the bell.
Speaker 2: Of the aga the most.
Speaker 5: He was the best. It was the balls.
Speaker 6: And so anyway, this is happened. I look at the mirror and I see myself in the mirror.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh it came. This is it's Monday.
Speaker 4: You can't have the room smell.
Speaker 5: It was just good because they had those music.
Speaker 6: Like it's it's spelled like sex at the end. And I will say I stayed too long, like if there's if there was set.
Speaker 2: Nigga, everything's in an open room, private room.
Speaker 6: There's no there are private rooms, but I didn't go what rooms, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I tell you, you know, it's the least likely person to have a sex party story here is probably me. But I can tell it now because my daughter is older. But my daughter when my daughter was I was little, she had a teacher that was she was young, and she was you know, she was cool, and she was like, hey, you guys ever go out? I would love to go out with you guys. So we were like, hey, we're going to go out this weekend. So one of our other friends is friends with these two queer girls and they want to have a baby. So they decide that they're going to get impregnated at a sex party.
Speaker 5: At a sex club.
Speaker 4: Right, no idea who the dad?
Speaker 3: All? No, they brought the dad, but they want everybody to be there to watch.
Speaker 4: Thought they were going to just have sex and one like, you know.
Speaker 3: They wanted the community to be there. But I didn't know any of this was going on, right, So then so I take the teacher with me. I said, Hey, we're supposed to be going to the party. And then I walk in. It's a locker room, right, and I'm like, yo, what is an interesting venue, right, So I got my clothes on and then there's a buffet, right, we didn't have that. They had salmon. They had silent no alcohol in La, though in LA you bring your own alcohol, so everybody has these. So this is when I realized someone was off because I saw sam and asked right, and I was like, this is salmon.
Speaker 5: Or it was an old white.
Speaker 3: Man one the other yeah, he had a cowboy boots on.
Speaker 5: Or he was like.
Speaker 3: I was like, is this man naked? So we go out and then there's the dance floor and they're dancing and people are naked and people have clothes. They're trying to pull people. So I'm like, oh, my men and women and I told the teacher I am so sorry. I did not know and.
Speaker 4: Was laughing thet I didn't expect it either.
Speaker 3: But we go dance and then I was like that you stayed and danced dance with her because I was like, I don't want protective services to come get my kids. So we go to the other side and that's when it is happening. They haven't the girls are having sex. They're in this place clad plexiglass room that's covered there in the in the chamber, they having sake, all the friends are watching. I was like, okay, this is kind of ritualistic. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 3: This dude is sitting at a chair, He's like talking to me, and he's like, come here, let's not He's fine. I'm having a conversation with him. And then I never, I never, never looked down on the floor to realize that there was a line of women on their knees in line to give him head.
Speaker 5: So what's her name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you think you're trying to get.
Speaker 4: Me out.
Speaker 5: Behind, Like, wait a second, he got a fast past.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I'm said that where you from? And he was like you Puerto Rican? I was like, I'm Puerto Rican. The girl she goes undoes his pansts and she gets it. And then I was like, I think I'm gonna go, but I'm curious. I want to know everything. I'm like, I'm doing investigative journalism. I just want to know. I go upstairs. I hear these people screaming. Is the S and M chamber they have.
Speaker 2: In the private room?
Speaker 3: Yes, And this woman is like and then I'm like, we're gonna go get this bitch. Like something.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they're doing something.
Speaker 2: We go up in there.
Speaker 3: They got her tied up cat of nine tails.
Speaker 4: It's a couple.
Speaker 3: They're they're eating her. It was amazing because it was I was just like, I didn't know, and it was very very sanitary, people cleaning up.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the thing people don't realize about sex party because I told some of the story on the radio and people were commenting disgusting disease. I'm like, y'all don't realize plan sex parties are clean. Yeah, these people are sanitizing these there's.
Speaker 9: Everyone's checking like you have like the clean So wait, have you ever been to a sex party?
Speaker 3: Kim?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm just I know boring.
Speaker 1: I am in no way, no, g I'm never even been iNTS club. Okay, watched No, I was gonna says actual sex part back in the day because in the music business. The reason I asked you is, remember they used to have the Mike Show Power Summit.
Speaker 2: I went to that one and there was something going on.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: Yes, they would have never let me find out. They would be like, she's gonna write a story.
Speaker 1: But it was always the guys that did it, but I just remember I was leaving to go catch a flight, and so it was an event that they would do.
Speaker 4: It was actually in Cominican republics.
Speaker 1: That in both places some years, and then they moved it to dr I think the year when it was in Dominican Republic.
Speaker 4: But what they do is for the DJs.
Speaker 1: They used to set it up for like prostitutes on the island to come and it would be like a big room.
Speaker 4: I remember, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 7: Remember.
Speaker 4: So I remember I was leaving early.
Speaker 1: I had like a super early flight trying to get back home, and so I get on the elevator at like six in the morning and a whole bunch of guys like that were there, and I knew some of them get on and it smelled like us, and I guess they were just coming from the party, you know, that they had where they said it was like a room. One of them told me it's like a room, and they turned the lights off and then it just they go for it, and then the light comes back on and then those people have to leave to let the next group of guys in. Yeah, but it doesn't sound as well organized or sanitary as the events that This.
Speaker 3: Happens monthly in LA, which I didn't know. It's like a path. You pay a monthly fee and you have they do it like once a week. That's what's then. I don't know if they do it anymore. People. It's everybody. It wasn't just straight people, it was every It was all kinds of stuff happening. And you know, my friend was like, you ain't do nothing you want to do. I did it because I was in love with a loser at the time.
Speaker 5: I went in.
Speaker 3: I saw everything I was but you know what, I did it like a tour. I was like, and where is that? And what is this? Because I wanted to see all.
Speaker 6: This is interesting to see, even if you don't participate, it is very interesting. I've never seen a straight one, but because I don't want to see naked women.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure I.
Speaker 3: Saw more naked men than women. The men were less inhibited, they were more They were so free in there. You can see the awkwardness with the women.
Speaker 6: That's what That's why I was thinking it is awkward for women to go for straight ones because I can't imagine because the dynamic is because there's still a.
Speaker 5: Power between the men and the women, So I imagine the.
Speaker 6: Energy there is different because at the gay ones it's just like hey, we all like that.
Speaker 5: So it's like like but.
Speaker 1: And I feel like in general, men like being naked, like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah we do.
Speaker 5: You see.
Speaker 4: Women are more conscious about their bias.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the beautiful women, they were all like this, oh crusty balls getting naked.
Speaker 4: Just walk around.
Speaker 5: Likely niggas getting naked so quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they did not hesitate. Yeah, it was amazing. It was I never went back, like I think one of my girlfriends says she started going because she likes she liked to go. You know, who would I to judge anybody. I feel like, as long as people get to do stuff like that, that's less violent time. You know, it keeps the violence against women down.
Speaker 4: Enjoy yourself, love but exactly.
Speaker 5: I think I will say the thing.
Speaker 6: The one time I did go to one, I did like it because I kind of felt like a bad bitch because everyone was like, look like chasing after me. I'm like, oh, like this whole time, I was a bit I don't know.
Speaker 5: So sometimes I feel bad about myself.
Speaker 6: I'm going to show up to like a little don against Donna, Like okay, look at that.
Speaker 1: Does it bout it if a guy has a little dick in there or in reality in life?
Speaker 5: I mean I don't prefer it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 5: To say it bothered me. I don't want to shame, but it does. Yeah, it's not you know, but.
Speaker 3: That's a very interesting question because I think about that because of the hardware, and you know the implications of what how painful that would be, you know.
Speaker 5: You know, but it was not painful for men we have we have a prostate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, painful.
Speaker 5: No, I mean not saying that it's not painful at all, but like.
Speaker 3: That's not how I.
Speaker 6: Because those those straight, those those straight, those those draight people pretending to have gaza.
Speaker 4: Actual I also kind of feel like the first time it probably.
Speaker 5: Hurts there, but then if you get lou but it.
Speaker 6: But also at the same time, I'm not taking like I had a dude that wants to fuck me.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I showed you his picture. I have to show you his picture.
Speaker 6: His dick was so it was Jude in Atlanta, black dude. His dick was so big. He sent me a picture and I just sent him.
Speaker 5: L O L Y. I did show the picture because I'm like, yeah, I got things, I got things to do, like.
Speaker 6: I'm not you're not fucking me. So we hooked up, but he didn't. I just liked his dick or whatever. And by the way, why.
Speaker 4: Did you do that?
Speaker 5: Then? Poorly? It was the worst blowdown. It was something bad.
Speaker 6: It made me feel like I didn't know how to suck dick. I'm like, wait a second, I've been like a dick for a long time, but I felt bad. I'm over your second. I'm doing all the dick stuff. I'm like, yo, am I bad as sucking dick? Because it was so massd after show late picture.
Speaker 4: It was ridiculous and it's hard, but it's really curved.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh yeah you saw the picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was it was yeah, it was our first challenge.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I just celibate, so none of this.
Speaker 3: I know. I've been celibated for eighteen months almost well now it's spent almost two years. But it's so funny.
Speaker 4: It's not like I ain't never forgot.
Speaker 3: I'm not like some people get. They become celibated, they become so pious and they're like, O, I've given my life to no. I I had to take myself out the game because I was I was in a relationship and I was it wasn't it wasn't working for me. So I went into this trauma therapist and I did a trauma therapy program and one of the one of the things that you have to do is not engage and you have to be celibate, and you have to stay away not just the sexual part, because the sexual part is actually the easy part. It's the emotional part that gets connected to the special. So she was like, I need you not to be involved with men in this way for how long? I'm almost done. I'm still doing it. I'm almost Oh.
Speaker 5: Wait, the program is longer than two years.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I I hadn't been. I had no I broke up and I hadn't been with everybody. But then I started doing the program. It's the best thing though, for me, the best thing I've ever done, I feel. And it's not religious, not to shit on anybody who does it for religious reasons, but I was like, we got so much trauma, and we walk around with so much, so many issues, and for women, they deposit all that shit into us. And I was like, yo, I gotta I gotta get myself together because I don't want to be in in what I've been in before. And it's been good. It's been hard, you know, it's been hard.
Speaker 1: And the way you can't have any type of intimacy at all, though it's not intimacy nothing.
Speaker 3: No, for how long?
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 3: I'm almost done? It's while you do it's twelve steps. It sounds like a right, but it's like twelve steps and nine I'll be trying to do these steps fastest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how long.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time for me because of my schedule, because therapist, I have to sit with her, I have to do these extra it's been but it's been like to get all of it, to get clear without having that in my ear, all that game and all that toxicity from a man telling me everything that's wrong with me because women on fixed plates no more that bullshit. And I'm like, yo, I just want to be with a healthy man above all things. You know, you gotta be fine to me and all of that, but I want to be with somebody who's healthy because I've never been in a healthy relationship.
Speaker 4: I wonder mind that is. You know you read my book. Well, we were watching Love is Blind.
Speaker 1: You know me and show, but one of the couples that didn't end up getting married.
Speaker 5: Spoiler go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you know, didn't end up getting married, and you got to see his parents have a conversation and how his parents were like later role in him being scared because he watched his father's infidelities and just a lot of things that happened with his parents.
Speaker 4: It kind of had him nervous.
Speaker 2: I think that was an excuse.
Speaker 4: You think I will sing from the beginning.
Speaker 8: He did, but I just feel I felt It's like I just kept hearing excuse, excuses.
Speaker 4: You don't believe you.
Speaker 5: I didn't believe.
Speaker 8: I don't think he wanted to. Yeah, because the whole time I'm watching it, I'm like, they're building this watching if somebody's saying gonna say no, they were building it too much and you were too invested in their couple, their love.
Speaker 6: What was so weird about it is like, you know the premise of the show, it's a sixth season.
Speaker 8: You knew it was, And think about this, right, you see how the other guy told the girl before they got it.
Speaker 5: Yes, those two.
Speaker 8: Playing a d I felt like you watch them together and they really looked like it seemed too perfect.
Speaker 2: Right, he could have told her.
Speaker 4: He waited till they were and then he was like, yeah, I don't think it's responsible for me to get married.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, if you don't want to break someone's heart, you could tell them off camera.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: She was in on it, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: She wasn't going to do it right, He freestyled his vows.
Speaker 4: He didn't like have it.
Speaker 1: I feel like bows you kind of think about that, right, like when you get married, you don't just get up there and be like, you know, you're real cool.
Speaker 4: And I just feel like I.
Speaker 5: Also didn't like the fact that he kept blaming his daddy.
Speaker 6: It's like you at some point you got to look in with It's not you can't keep blaming your daddy.
Speaker 4: He said his dad took him with him when he went to cheat.
Speaker 5: I didn't like that either.
Speaker 2: That's traumatiz that is traumatized.
Speaker 5: And the mom didn't find out chilled show.
Speaker 8: You know, my ex husband apparently had my daughter when he was cheating with him a few times.
Speaker 1: Cheating field to me, it's like some type of like boundaries. Yes, yes I don't, but when she was too little nobody in your bed, you know kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, this is just I wouldn't hook up with someone who had who would have a kid in the room, yeah, in.
Speaker 8: The building, because you know, a lot of I read this comment on these like like the Instagram posts that will say women, what's you know? How do you tell if they're lying or whatever? And I circled it one of them and sent it to a friend of mine because it was funny. We know guys that say this is like when you're living with someone but you're not together, right, Like, you know, I still live with her, but I feel like when I was married, you know, he possibly would have no Listen, I don't give the whole benefit of doubt, but you know, I feel like he probably said we're not together, but.
Speaker 1: Saying a lot because I think about even my parents when I was growing up, my dad like slept on the couch all the time, you know, because I feel like sometimes people stay together because it's convenient they have kids, they do and there's people who like, really, I have friends who legitimately don't have sex.
Speaker 4: I have friends like that too, and I do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, literally we all have sex married but having sex.
Speaker 8: But The thing is if if you are not in the relationship right like and you, I think it's worse when you stay together for the kids. I think, if you're gonna break up, I think just break up, just.
Speaker 4: Say than to do.
Speaker 2: It's because it's it's phony to me.
Speaker 8: And now the kids, you know, they need to learn, you know, I mean it's hard. The worst time you can break up for kids is when they're between like seven and eleven, right like anytime before that, the kid's kind of too young and it's fine, they don't you know, they don't care. And then after that the kid can process what's going on.
Speaker 2: But between like seven, like that.
Speaker 8: Pre adolescent age, it's really bad for parents to get divorced at that time.
Speaker 4: So a lot of people stick with it.
Speaker 2: But I feel like a lot.
Speaker 8: Of men know after like one year of having the baby whether they want to stay or women right, whether they want to stay or leave.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a tough.
Speaker 1: Time though, with like women who go through postpartum and babies do change a relationship.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is that, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's a case by case basis, but I will say, knowing that his dad used to bring him and.
Speaker 5: How old was his mind?
Speaker 4: Seemed really cool like and very.
Speaker 2: He was old enough to remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I could imagine that that would make somebody feel like shit like in a relationship. I don't know if I should do this, and his dad kind of was not taking that much accountability.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have told that story on TV, especially knowing that the mom didn't know that.
Speaker 3: The mom, you're putting boundaries on people who are on a show called Love is Blind. That's where you're like, this is where I brought The mom was great.
Speaker 4: Mom was great when she you weren't good to me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she called him out on Can.
Speaker 1: You imagine falling in love with somebody though and not seeing them?
Speaker 6: I'm toxic? So yeah, for me, I can't wait till they make a gay version. If they make a gay version, I know.
Speaker 5: They can't tell me.
Speaker 6: It's impossible because because the whole, the whole person of the shows, they separate them the men and the women, but for gay people they can't. And I told I was actually I told the story and to say that y'all know Sam Jay and I said it, and Sam's like Sam's gay lesbian, and Sam's like they'll just separate the tops from the bottoms.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that's not gonna work because you put me.
Speaker 6: If you put me in with the tops and I see hot enough to I'm like, oh, I'm a bottom map.
Speaker 4: He said, they'll all be fucking each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it wouldn't work logistically, But if they find out how to do it logistically, sign me up.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to find.
Speaker 1: My back Chelsea and Jimmy that you could tell he didn't really like feel her like that, right, So you're fall in love with somebody's personality, with that, then overshadow what they look like to you, because physical attraction is a thing, and I feel like it's not fair to act like you're superficial because if you may not be physically attracted to someone, right.
Speaker 5: I just wish they were more honest with her.
Speaker 6: I wish the dude when he saw that she didn't look like Megan Fox, he should have been like, yo, bitch.
Speaker 5: Signed.
Speaker 4: You're not He's not what I thought.
Speaker 5: He said, But he didn't say, well enough honesty for me. He said it.
Speaker 8: Tonight, you know, didn't you tell her that? Like when she asked him, was this this this couple? She said, what do you like the best about me? He said, you're teeth?
Speaker 5: Was that that? Yeah, that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of Somebody on social media was like, you you either look like Megan the little creature or you look like the fox? What has been about?
Speaker 1: And then looks either, but that's a weird person like you can't that's you cannot compare yourself to like you know, it's always going to be a letdown when people be like, oh, I look just like this person.
Speaker 4: It never works out well.
Speaker 6: Also, I will say it was a loaded question for him to ask, because this show is called Love is Blind.
Speaker 4: I tell you who the I looked like supposed to be blind?
Speaker 1: How many times have you fallen in or maybe not fall in love but ended up dating somebody who physically like normally you wouldn't have And you know how in the beginning you're like, I would never and then you end up being with that person.
Speaker 3: I think that the most Go ahead, I talk way more than you. I want to hear what you gotta say.
Speaker 7: No, Well, I usually like tall, dark guys, and I was with a short I don't want to say what nationality or what like culture, but he was not black. There was and there was nothing, uh, let's say big about him.
Speaker 4: Was about him that made you change your mind?
Speaker 7: It was his personality, it was our chemistry. He went maybe like six months before we had sex.
Speaker 3: All right, Wow, Okay, I did somebody who my friends were like, he's not your physical type. I wouldn't call him ugly, but I would say that he just didn't look like somebody that I would date. But he had the most swag of anybody I ever did. He had the most personality. He had the I mean, he's from the Bronx, but he is the most swagged out dude I ever went out with. And I was like, it was it was his personality that got me. I just wanted to say, because I've been on a reality show, people will say that's right. And when I was on Last Comic Standing, when I got eliminated from the show, I walked out of off the set and they walked me into a room with a therapist. I have them on set.
Speaker 8: So when Kim's like, we don't do that on the show, No, no, yes, you gotta go through psycho.
Speaker 3: You get a psycha after. So when people say that they see these reality shows and they're like, oh, they they set this up I'm like, you will be surprised what people will do when the cameras get on.
Speaker 5: People people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was on a reality show too too, and it together get matter of fact, yes, and there are things I was like, now, hold on, this is like people just make stuff up and they say anything about you. You think the cameras are off, You think you'll cool the cameras come on all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was before cycle out.
Speaker 8: Remember they didn't have that psycho stuff just.
Speaker 4: Happened a couple of what was I forgot the name of the damn Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot also because you're sitting around waiting the film for like hours, and so by the time you go film, you're like exhausted.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 4: J was on Beyond the Pole TV season two.
Speaker 6: I need to get reality.
Speaker 3: A lot of Love is Blind.
Speaker 4: Listen, we gotta figure out different. This guy was on this season.
Speaker 1: Gay but he pretended to. He was on Love is Blind, but he was gay. He was he ended up Oh yeah, he was bye. He ended up with the women like but then it turns out he.
Speaker 5: Was by she was mad.
Speaker 6: Oh I remember that that was the first season, right, Carlton or something like that, Cliff something something with THEE.
Speaker 4: But he said, you respond.
Speaker 5: No, he was too problematic.
Speaker 6: I ain't.
Speaker 4: I ain't got that right.
Speaker 5: Also, I don't live in Atlanta. I'm not going to Atlanta, so that that's the real reason.
Speaker 6: Nah, he was parbmatic, and I'm not gonna lie. If he was a little bit finer, I would have reply back.
Speaker 4: Right all right now.
Speaker 1: Another thing I wanted to get into right now is Resa Tisa. Oh right, you know, she signed a ca They're gonna make a movie. There's like a bidding war over her story to make a movie. But one of the main things that she's very honest about when she's telling her story is all the red flags that she.
Speaker 5: Continent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the whole thing was red flags everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will say in her defense, it was during the pandemic and every and the pandemic was like the super Bowl for scamming people because it was the best time to scam people, and she got scammed.
Speaker 5: But it was like it was a pandemic. We didn't know what was going to happen. We thought the apocalypse was coming. So well, in her.
Speaker 1: Defense, I also want to say pandemic or not we all ignore some red flags, yeah, because you kind of believe what you want to believe. Like she she was like, I know he lying, but whatever, I'm gonna let him continue to lie.
Speaker 4: I just told him let's not look at no more houses.
Speaker 1: And he had a test driving cars like it was just crazy.
Speaker 4: And you see he's like replying now, yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Know the fact that we're even saying his name right.
Speaker 3: Now mental illness? Is his family say that.
Speaker 5: His brother came out and said mental illness.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about so in solidarity with Resa Tisa, what are some things that we've done and as far as ignoring red flags that we have been so embarrassed to even talk about, but we can.
Speaker 4: Just put it on the floor.
Speaker 8: Red flag right here, all right, Kim, Oh my god. My whole wedding was a red flag.
Speaker 1: The reality show was a red People were like, I don't know about this before?
Speaker 8: Was that before? Yeah, there were a lot of red flags that. Okay, So when I when I got married, I got married for the wrong reasons, right, Like you get married because you want to be married. A lot of women get into the situation because they want to be married, right, you want to be married.
Speaker 2: You want to get him to a family.
Speaker 8: So it wasn't necessarily like the right person. He wasn't the right person for me. And I think throughout like there was cheating before we were married.
Speaker 2: So for me, that's a red flag, right, Yes, that's who you are.
Speaker 8: But you know, you kind of like, well we weren't married, you know, or maybe you ignore it, you know, you ignore certain behaviors, Like there were a lot of things that happened that I was just like, okay, but you have kids, so you stay.
Speaker 2: In it for those reasons, you know. But even the wedding.
Speaker 8: I was saying yesterday, just yesterday, that I always wanted a destination wedding. So when I got married, why didn't I have a destination wedding?
Speaker 2: Because this fool want.
Speaker 8: To do it here and one of his family there, and so like I gave into that because it was like, you're getting married, you want to be you want to you know, compromise, and I didn't get what I wanted like I wanted it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go away and get married.
Speaker 8: So I think there were a lot of things, you know, and a lot of relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not That's why I'm saying we're standing in solidarity. Now I've also been married, okay, so, but even whether or not it was that, what are some red flags that you ignored? And now that you look back, you're like, what was I thinking?
Speaker 3: This is why I'm in this program? You know, growing up you read my book without my father and being illegitimate and being feeling like I wasn't enough one of the things that I remember listening to and thinking that it was cool. As long as he comes home to you, it doesn't matter what he does in the streets or buying into this whole idea that men are not designed to be monogamous.
Speaker 4: They will tell you that, and society will tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you know, I think that the reality of it is. Listen, I was dating somebody. He's in the book. He's an actor, This motherfucker such. He used to lie with a straight face, and it got to the point where I'd be like, I feel like I'm in a scene and I don't have my line. Can you give me the stream?
Speaker 5: So I don't know?
Speaker 3: So here coming down that one glory tear. I remember one time he was missing, right, he would disappear and he popped up and he had on this ring, this real like ring, like a skeleton ring, and I said, where have you been? You're not gonna believe what happened. He was like, I ended up in a fight with all these Mexicans, and uh, I think once asked so bad that I took his ring as a trophy. And I was sitting I spent the night on his doorsteps because I wanted to know where he was. And I just remember just thinking to myself, I know this is a line, but what am It's like that, like Corey Holcomb has a joke that says you're gonna trade in two dimes in the nickel for a case quarter, Like what am I gonna do? I'm gonna break up with him and then I'm gonna have to do this again with somebody else who's also going to do this, Because in my thinking, that's what I believe about men. And so I was just like, just get over it and then get on.
Speaker 4: With it, glad you want to fight.
Speaker 3: Furious. It was just lie after lie, and you know, you know it, you.
Speaker 4: Know you know what guys lie about it. They'd be like I was in jail, I got arrested.
Speaker 1: Man say whatever, Yeah, they say, any I fell asleep in my friend's house.
Speaker 4: You know, I remember a guy. This is how I should know. It was a reflag. I should have never gotten in a relationship with this guy.
Speaker 1: He when I first met him, he had just gotten out of a relationship with his ex. But then I guess like they ended up getting back together, but he did not tell me, and so all of a sudden, like things change because I was seeing him all the time, and then things like really really slowed down. So I was like, all right, cool, he wasn't my boyfriend. We just felt like kind of dating a little. And then one day I'm at work and his ex girlfriend girlfriend again caused me, and she I guess he had broke a phone and got a new phone, and so she was calling from his old phone.
Speaker 3: And put it back together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she said, he was.
Speaker 1: Like calling me a lot, and and she was like, you know, I'm at his house right now. I just I'm pregnant, And yeah, she told me this whole thing. She's pregnant, she's staying at his house. They lived together, and then he called me on the other line while I was talking to him.
Speaker 4: Wow, So you know, I told him.
Speaker 1: I was like you know, your girlfriend's on the other line, and he's like horrified. So she ends up like throwing all his stuff out the window and breaking his TV, calling his parents. She never even met his parents, but she got their number and was she really pregnant? No, she wasn't. She actually, by the way, though, did had had an abortion and was resting at his house.
Speaker 4: Abortion, but she was think like she.
Speaker 3: Was having that's a red flag.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I stopped talking to him after that. But then one day I was on the train going home and I run into him on the train, and then you know, he wasn't with her anymore because then it was embarrassing for him, like the neighbors had to like gather his belongings out the windows. And I was like, so we end up like little by little putting it back together, but and then dating for like four years, and I was like, why did I even that was a terrible idea to get. Yeah, because he wasn't my Like I justified it, you know how you justified like he wasn't my boyfriend. He was getting out of the Yeah, he was the train. She was like, like, I just wanted her to get this abortion. I was being nice to her until you know.
Speaker 5: Such a good lie.
Speaker 8: But on one of my rules is if he did it to her, he'll do it to you, right. So like a lot of times we get into situations right and you think that he's going to treat you differently, right, like or how you you know or how you.
Speaker 4: Mean him exactly.
Speaker 2: So I feel like even if you.
Speaker 1: Say that's Christina Mackie right now and everything.
Speaker 8: Is exactly, but it's like, you know, you can't change a person. Yea, they are in their character right. So it's almost like, don't get into a situation trying to change a person.
Speaker 2: You gotta, you know, meet someone where they're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either enjoy yourself or if that's not what you want and be realistic.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: I can tell us about some red flags that you none.
Speaker 5: I don't date. I'll just be out here in these streets.
Speaker 1: There's been a couple of times that there's some people You're like, I really like this person.
Speaker 6: No, there has been and there has been some Okay, so there was this dude I was talking to and there were definitely red flags and I'm still actively ignoring them.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, He's had two wives and now he's in demand again. Now he's like gay and we're still talking.
Speaker 6: So I'll be on the next episode.
Speaker 4: I'll let y'all know, consider himself bisexual? Is he now gay?
Speaker 5: He's gay? Okay, he's here for the dick.
Speaker 4: Now he's gay dick.
Speaker 5: So tune in three or four more months. I'll be up here. The woman.
Speaker 4: He went back to the other side. Is he openly gay or yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And giz, what about you?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 7: You know my biggest red flag? There's two actually, Oh my god, y'all can't breathe I'm sorry, there's two actually. So the first one is I went back to the same person eighteen thousand times, even though he was cheating on me and you know, going behind my back end, having sex with girls that we had three sons with and all types of shit.
Speaker 4: First red flag.
Speaker 7: Second red flag was I said yes to a three day engagement and it was engaged for sixty five days.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And I was really for it. But I don't know if that's a red flag.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was. I mean I called it.
Speaker 7: I called his bluff and said yes, but like it was a whole like love bomb.
Speaker 4: That's a red flag. Yeah, I should have saw that to call someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, yeah he was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I mean I experienced love bombing, and of course many times, but when I was able to understand what it really was and how many times I've experienced it and the letdown, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've done some stupid stuff for fine people. Find people make you do dumb ship.
Speaker 4: Tell me what love bombing is exactly. I know. It's like people just.
Speaker 8: It's like an alcohol of attention and then affection from the start.
Speaker 2: It is a that's a huge red flag to me.
Speaker 8: When a girl a friend of mine comes up to me and says like, oh, you know, we talk all day, I'm like, dang right, why y'all talking all day?
Speaker 2: Why y'all going back?
Speaker 8: You know, it doesn't make sense right because you know they give you, they can't maintain that type of attention, so it's all about the hunt that they're chasing you to get you.
Speaker 4: It's kind of normal in the beginning, where you like talk all the time.
Speaker 3: And yeah, but love red flags thing is more when they're it feels obsessive, it feels like and they are also they everything you want. They are. They mold themselves into like appearing that they are those things. I experienced that, and it was it was a lot for me because it went from one extreme to the other because when he realized that I wasn't gonna I wasn't ready to go there, it was like, you know, and then and then he probably went somewhere else and tried something, and then when that didn't work out, came back and then. But the love bombing is is somebody who keeps you so occupied that you don't have time for yourself and your life to really assess what's happening because you're so you're constantly so invested.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you said I want to read this to you, guys, because this is a post that I saw on social media and see if you agree or disagree. I never used to understand why people in healthy relationships isolate themselves from everyone, but now I get it. Once you find your person, you realize that then you have been you justly searching for and come and go friendships, relationships and partying will never amount to the presence of this one human And so you know how when you get into I just like.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, that's the textbook definition of love bombing.
Speaker 1: Really, because I saw a lot of people liking this post. And you know how you could be with somebody and it's like, really just the two of you, like you don't go anywhere anymore, just be with chaboo.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think that's intense under the freeway, Yeah, you know, I just think that's the the I remember I went to Dela Reese's church.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 3: It was like the the Science Mind Church, you know, like metaphysical thinking church. And I remember that she the lady preaching, said, y'all out here fantasizing about Jerry maguire. You you complete me. She's like, that's the most dysfunctional thing I've ever heard in my life. Two incomplete people do not make a whole person. Two incomplete people just equal to complete people. It's important to be a fully realized and self developed human being that has your own life and your own existence to be able to be in a healthy relationship. This is what I've been learning in this thing, because I was with somebody who would do everything with me. He would go people, he'd be at the comedy club and they'd be like, you going up tonight.
Speaker 5: So much.
Speaker 3: They were like, you got to have a set. At this point, yeah, but it's not healthy. And it's insecurity that you latch onto somebody, you trauma bond and you're with them all the time. And what happens to you the individual? Because we all came here along with our own purpose. So what you do when you what are y'all gonna, y'all gonna, we're gonna start a label together? You just unhealthy? It is the epitome. And yes, when you are in a romance and you are in love with somebody and it works, there are moments where everybody else disappears.
Speaker 5: But which to do?
Speaker 3: When you have a baby, you gona ignore your baby because you're with this person.
Speaker 5: You know, Like, what about your job.
Speaker 3: Your career, your own purpose? What about your grandmama? You're not gonna see your grandmoma. He is the one that sounds crazy.
Speaker 4: What do you think, guys, have you ever been in that situation?
Speaker 8: I think I was co dependent before. I think I had this conversation with you, right, like just being in my marriage. So like you said something interesting, you said, you came into this world alone.
Speaker 2: Right, most of the time, you're going to die alone. So whether you know the person dies.
Speaker 8: Before you or you die before them, or whatever, or they cheat and they break up. I always feel like, you have to learn how to be happy with yourself, right, You have to learn how to be happy with yourself because if another person, if you're dependent on that other person to make you happy, then you're not really happy.
Speaker 4: Right. So I feel like.
Speaker 8: I can see a situation when you're in love and you're with someone every day, and that's cool, but don't lose yourself in that because you anything can happen, and you don't want to feel like, you know, you're so co dependent that you can't exist without that person when that person goes away.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's possible for me to be with somebody all the time anyway. Yeah, yeah, because I'm like, yeah, at work, I'm here, I'm doing other things. Like if I'm with somebody, if I'm lucky, I'm gonna see you for like four hours, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you also have you have your own angela yee life. You go on trips with your girlfriends.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't have a problem with girls trips.
Speaker 1: I saw there a post about that, like, oh, you know, I don't do girls trips and if I go somewhere.
Speaker 5: We have a problem with it. Is it men that have a problem with women not doing no girl Any.
Speaker 6: Woman who's like I don't have any women friends, Like, oh, so you just that is you're not a fun person, Like you don't have any women friends.
Speaker 5: That's why you hate yourself? Yeah, I hate other women.
Speaker 4: It's just weird.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I have all types of friends, right, I feel the same way with some, even though even some straight gay people were like, I don't have any gay friends. I'm like, why do you have any gay friends? And I don't have a lot because I do comedy for a living. But I still have some.
Speaker 3: But my idea of being in a good, healthy relationship is being with somebody who when I go on a girl's trip, is like, I trust my my woman. I know she's gonna be and I can be like, oh he in Vegas with his boys. You're not nervous, no, because if he's gonna cheat, he'll cheat down the streets. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The location has nothing to do with cheat. And if you're gonna be a cheater, you gonna be a cheat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. My boyfriend is like, I like when we miss each other.
Speaker 8: I like that too, Right, when you're away from someone and then you get to miss them because then you you value the time you spend together more.
Speaker 1: So, what about friends of the opposite sex, Like if you're with somebody that's and and I want to say I saw this. Was it on Taylor Rooks and Joy Taylor's podcast. They were saying that they couldn't trust a man who didn't have female friends.
Speaker 4: And I've always said that too, because I agree.
Speaker 6: With that because if you don't have female friends and you're a straight man, then that leads me to believe that you only think of women as sex But if you only see women as sex objects, then that's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because some people think there's no such thing as platonic friendships those and those are people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I hate when people say that. Yeah, like so that they can't be platonic.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been that insecure. I have been that insecure that I have felt threatened by a female relationship that my partner has with a woman that that's been platonic before I even came along. But I know that it was insecurity, which that's stepnumber seven. But I just I've been that insecure where I've been like, I'm the only friends you need. You don't need to be. And you know this other thing being Puerto Rican that's very celebrated in our culture. Like my mom is like, because you know, Puerto Rican women are jealous and we're violent, and I'm like, that's toxic and unhealthy and it's exhausting, and so walk around being that all the time. It's not going to do anything but make your liver sick. Like, I don't want to live my life like that, but I've been so insecure in a relationship that the thought of my partner looking at somebody's page made me feel because it was how I feel about myself. So, you know, and I don't want to be like that. I don't I want you to have a friend. I want you to see women as people.
Speaker 1: Right now, you're right, How after you put out your book and your special and the documentary and everything that you've done, do you feel like there's been like a weight lifted off of you for being able to tell your story?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, it's funny, my therapist told me, because I've had a pinch nerve for like six weeks, and my therapist was like, you have trauma trapped in your body. And Mama Souse was like I would not be surprised that since you had that download of all that stuff coming out, it's all just trying to get out of your body, because you know, I got raped, so then trauma's trauma gets trapped in your physical body. And I've been that was the other thing that I've been dealing with in this thing, is like getting that stuff out of me. But I said things in that book I was. My mom still hasn't read it because I don't want I don't want her to read it because I don't want her to hurt. But I said things in that book that I had never been able to get out. And it's only because I sat down and wrote it that I was able to get that stuff out of, you know, and hopefully it'll help somebody else, you know, because people are like you. Puerto Ricans were like you. You don't air out our dirty lune.
Speaker 1: Yet that's definitely a cultural thing too, I mean even for Caribbean culture. You're not everything is supposed to be like in the family.
Speaker 4: Like that too.
Speaker 6: Nothing gets fixed if you keep it all.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the conversation you'll have with your mom is if she ever went because I know at.
Speaker 3: Some point will I forget. I mean, I told her I had to forgive myself because a lot of the stuff was me holding that in. But I adore my mother, And.
Speaker 1: I know you talked about how you don't want people to hate your mom, and that was a big jail for you.
Speaker 3: She had her first baby when she was like thirteen, and she was a victim of abuse, and so what was she going to do?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: That's the thing like people are like when you hear those conservatives talking about liberals and you hear them talking about poor people there's no father in the home and all that bullshit that they're always saying about things that you know, affect everybody, not just people of color. There are a lot of single parents led white homes and real America. But that's the bullshit that the things that we are always holding people to, these metrics where they don't have the resources to meet. My mom didn't grow up and you know, going to school, having therapy, having a resource.
Speaker 5: That's a new phenomenon.
Speaker 3: So I have to give her grace, Like what was she going to do? She had she was a kid with a kid, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so and like you said, forgiveness is for you also.
Speaker 3: Oh self, their baby, the best self care you can give yourself.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till you write your book.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 6: Neither come on Audible, give me on them deals.
Speaker 1: Because you know, comedy is a form of therapy too, it is. That's how I got started.
Speaker 5: But I will say it's also not therapy. Comedians.
Speaker 3: Man has become a.
Speaker 5: Mess because it is not right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are.
Speaker 3: You will? It is a lot of it's just drama though, But you would think by the way that these comedians be talking that they can fight.
Speaker 5: That's why I know I can't fight. I talked about how I can't fight.
Speaker 3: It's a couple of them.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I am not a fighting gay. I'm not one of them. Games like that is not all right?
Speaker 1: And then do you feel like you have to pick a side sometimes too, because there are people.
Speaker 5: Who sometimes yeah, you know they.
Speaker 1: See you with this person, but you have some type of solidarity with this person who might have put you on more than this person. You know that's hard because well, you know, people are sensitive. Comedians are sensitive.
Speaker 3: I'm friends with a comedian who has beef with everybody. He actually took me I mean took me on the roll when my grandmother died. Was the one that was like, I'm talking about Corey hocom you know, like, I don't inherit other people's beef because I think that the thing about and my son was the one that told me, he's like you dealing with somebody else's situation that you have nothing to do with. You don't know where those people were at that point in time where they're going through this, and now you want to say, oh, because you said this, it's really hard in comedy. I'll tell you what, I'm so disappointed by. What I'm disappointed by is all this beef, All this he says, she say, they say, we say, and ain't nothing coming out in the comedy Like I would expect that after said comedian said all these things. That comedian was like, you would see a slew of comedy specials with some fire ass jokes like when when uh nas and jay Z Yeah, let's get you, Like, where are those comedy specials.
Speaker 5: That are podcast? All the doing is like you me on the podcast.
Speaker 3: On the podcast, I'm going take it on right, the most clever joke that you could ever write about? Remember what Jamie Fox did that special when he said j punks him all in his mouth. It was he went out to stage and did jokes about the people who had said something about him. He went in on j log, but it was that it was in the joke and it was funny.
Speaker 4: And then you kind of can't get mad because it's comedy. I mean you can, but you understand that.
Speaker 5: But but now everyone's just like just doing it on.
Speaker 3: The Where is that comedy eather? Where is the takeover? That's what I was as a comedian. I was like, all right, we're shaking it up. Kat Williams did he connection on January fourth?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has been on stage, and I haven't been at the shows because now it's as harder to see the content because you can't bring phones in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there might be stuff going on. We just may not.
Speaker 1: Also, Oh well, I know Kat talks about it on Sage. I feel like he has because I seen a couple of little custins.
Speaker 3: But I did a show with Cedric on Friday and he talked about it. He's okay, and it was funny and it wasn't even it wasn't malicious because Cedric is not a malicious person doesn't. People will say, well, why Cedric is not. He's not a malicious.
Speaker 5: Seem like a family guy.
Speaker 3: He's just not. He's a good spirited person. And the thing about this is like we as people of color, will shoot on each other and shoot each other out, but we get in these public spaces that none of these white names come up, and you only black comedians stealing jokes? Yeah, only not comedian stealing calling everybody? Are you only calling the people who.
Speaker 5: Look like you? That's why. That's why I said this on Copage podcast.
Speaker 6: I think Kat Williams is like the King of cold twitching because he was. He went on Shape Club with all this animosity and energy and called our earthquake. Can't read this niggag shit. He did all that and then he called off Joe Rogan he's like jokes and booking the same mediocre white people. And then he went on Joe Rogan show and proceeded to talk about space and aliens for three hours. Wow, nigga, you just said that he wasn't ship. Now you're on his show say that he ain't.
Speaker 4: Ship Like I didn't walk about that.
Speaker 6: It was three hours of of of of aliens, made the Pyramids.
Speaker 1: All that saff was a conversation, Yeah, because brother and Martin had some things to say about that.
Speaker 4: The Mentho that was that was.
Speaker 6: Why It's like show you had three thousand books and none of them was on Mentho's Nigga.
Speaker 3: Teocrat, where you got a journalists crack coming back with clever jokes and the comedians but Hurt.
Speaker 5: I'm like, why are you?
Speaker 3: Why are you in your field? And then you go sit around the most instigating people that are just gonna be like, hey, so such and such as because everybody's trying to get their videos to go viral, go to Netflix and say I got a fire ass hour. I'm gonna address all of this. I wouldn't even talk on a podcast. I'll be like, you know what, see me on y'all.
Speaker 1: It shakes so long because by the time you address things in a Netflix special, it'd be like months later.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like Chris, well, you know what the thing is? You going on stage recorded and put the clip up.
Speaker 6: That's what everybody and then still stand up, Yeah, do the.
Speaker 3: Stand up clip?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Godfre's like he's doing a go fundme, So shout out to him for that because he wants to do his own special, so he's trying to raise money to do it because it's time. And I do admire when people can say, all right, i'm gonna figure this out.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna own my stuff, you know.
Speaker 6: Because the industries ain't The industries are still being the industry. So they picked who they like and if you don't, if they don't like you.
Speaker 3: That's what we should be rebelling about that somebody like Godfrey doesn't have an hour exactly that's what you should be and he could, like.
Speaker 1: Somebody would do it, you know, he said, Shack hit him up. But it's also ownership too, and I'm having control over the country.
Speaker 6: But the fact that Netflix hasn't came to him when the deal is insane, right right, But it's like, but they like who they like, and if you're not, if you're not the Dave Chappelle's of at all, But then I.
Speaker 1: Look at like a Joe Koy who couldn't get a deal either and then did his own special and then you know, and maybe you'll get more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that anyone who did. They ready, all twelve of us got our special from Netflix. No, they not one of us.
Speaker 6: Which is insane because every one of you are justifiably could do.
Speaker 5: An hour oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean I went and did mind an HBO Max. But what I'm telling you is nobody in that. And and listen, we got viewership because even though they don't give us our numbers, there are people there who do tell you, hey, look, but the thing is, there are people who've been doing stand up way longer than me, who deserve an hour special before me. I am humble enough to say that, but they didn't give anybody. We can't sit around and wait on these institutions.
Speaker 1: And I produces specials as well for other comedians. You know what I'm saying, Walk that walk, talk that talk. Okay, Angela goes to them.
Speaker 4: I will be there all right.
Speaker 1: Well, listen you guys. I appreciate y'all for coming through. We talked, we were all over the place. Yes, we talked about sex parties, and we ended with therapy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But Ada Rodriguez I keen with. I appreciate both of you.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow them, make sure you go see items on tour right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah funny. So actually April sixth, I will be with U in Prairie Texas with t I, Tiffany Hottish, Ryan Evans, and Capone. We're doing the show, so make sure you check that out. But if you go to funny Ida dot com you'll see where all my shows are and make sure you check them out.
Speaker 6: You see me there and a Keen same thing. Keenwoods dot com has all my tour dates. I can't think of any April dates right now, but go look atwood dot com.
Speaker 5: I don't know where I'm at, but I'm out here.
Speaker 1: I'm out there all right, well gg south by Southwest on the City documentary on the way, and.
Speaker 4: Wait to see that Sarrio girl not on tour.
Speaker 7: We'll see what we are tuned into the impact every week out Yeah, hey, good to hear.
Speaker 4: All right, it's Lift Service