Speaker 1: If you're about to make a change in your life and you feel uncomfortable, that's the best feeling you can have because for the first time in your life, you're making a decision that's going to be best for you and not what somebody told you to do. And that's when all bets are off. Welcome to Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I'm your host with Sean McDonald. Our theme is there's no perfect time to start following your dreams. I recognize that we all have different definitions of success. For you and maybe decide to your HM, it's time to stop reading other people's success stories to start living your own. Keep winning. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Money Making Conversation. That's right, I'm your host with Sean McDonald. E's Money Making Conversation talk show is about entrepreneurship and entertainment. I provide the consumer and business owner access to celebrity CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry decision makers. It is important to understand that everybody travels a different path to success. That because your brand is different, the challenges you're facing your life life are different. So stop reading other people's success stories and start writing your own. Now you can be motivated by their success because their stories can offer direction and help you reach your goals through your planning and your committed effort. The Money Making Conversation interviews provide relatable information to the listener about career and financial planning, entrepreneurship, motivation, leadership, overcoming the arts, and how to live a balanced life. My next guess is a different She performed America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl. I watched it. I was slapping like my gun. She is a former school teacher, an HBCU graduate, and a proud mom. She is a Grammy winning, a Grammy Award winning gospel superstar who is abundant with love, faith and wisdom. She is on the should to talk about her Erelanda Adams handbags, her Eulanda Adams bath and beauty line. Please welcome back to Money Making Conversations, my friend Landa Adams. Hello, Well, we're happy to have you on the show, and my listeners love you. They they the ones that don't know you become fans of yours and uh and just show you how much I you know, we want to talk about Delonda Adams handbag in a minute. But this week, every nine Am I sent my my newsletter out to my fans. I got over ninety thousand fan club members and your and your link was the most clicked link in the newsletter. And for the handbags. And they're beautiful too, by the way, there are amazing handbags. Tell us about that right quick.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you know, I am a girly girl. I grew up with a girly girl as a mom, and a girly girl is a grandmom. So my grandma's were girly girls. So uh, we always met the handbags, the scarves, the gloves, the shoes, everything was you know, you had a you had a specific thing that with a specific thing. And you know, the the older I got, the more prosperous I got. I was able to buy some things that you know, cost a little money. And then I'm started figuring, I'm like, no, wait a minute, I'm given all these people all this money. What about my fans? Because people always ask me who are you wearing? Who is that buy? And I started thinking, now my fans can't buy a All of my fans, I'll say, can't buy a six hundred dollars bag. But what if I could give them the same quality and the same fashion, the same design, the same classic styles at a fraction of the price, and then they could take a piece of Yolanda home with them or you know, ship it to a loved one or whatever. And that's pretty much how it happened. And of course, you know, we are surrounded by amazing people who do all types of things. You know, there's no sense of me trying to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done it. And that's one that's one of the things that you have taught so well. When you know someone who does something, merge with them, you know, uh, you know, do a joint venture or something like that with them so that you come you both come out on top, right. And we talked to the manufacturer and they were like, oh, of course, we love you and we think that that would be a we would have a great synergy there, because synergy is very important. You know, both sides are doing something that makes both of them happy and making money at the same time.
Speaker 1: It really is about that. You know. Let's let's talk about the collection, because I got it pulled off, because I got I got six sisters and I'm gonna buy I'm gonna buy I'm gonna tell you somebody I didn't. I just want to announce you you will get a little little surge from the McDonald now because the clutters are outstanding, the cross bodies outstanding, the everything bag is outstanding, the leather handbags, the oh the neon bags are beautiful, you know, and the toach, the shoulder bags, the satchels. It's just the wallets. It's just how much involvement that you have in the whole putting together the collection. Yolanda, Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm always hands on because I want no Number one. I want to know what my customer is getting right. That's the first thing. They will never put out a product that I don't use and carry myself. When you see me show up to anything, whether it's a red carpet or whatever, if I have a bag in my hand, it's a YA bag.
Speaker 1: Love that Ya bag. I love that.
Speaker 2: There you go, see me going to church, it's the YA bag. If you see me, you know, out having dinner with a bag. And again, I know that the quality of these bags are so amazing because these the manufacturer is the same guy who does bags for Burgdoff does bags for Macy's and Bloomingdale's and all of those places, So that was definitely important to me. Next was the design and the fashion flair. Be on point with what's out there right now, because I want anybody saying, well, you know, I like her bags, but you know they're like about you know, would or nice in the nineties. No, no, no, we are on par with what happens during fashion Week every twice a year, so you'll you'll never see you know, unless it's a classic bag like the tailor bag, like the Boss Lady bag that you know, those are classics that can you can get them at any time. You know, those are great. But I am not going to you know, as flowers are in, Like, I am not going to not have bags without flowers.
Speaker 1: We know, the thank you. You know. Here's the beautiful thing about I'm talking to Ulanda Adams. Everybody knows her from her career as a singer, but I've known her as a motivational person as an entrepreneur. That's the side of her we always speak about when she comes on one amazing conversation because of the fact that you know, and I love when you throughout the word y a bag. You know, that's that's that's branding to the max right there, breaking it down, making the initials mean something, and like, the quality is what I'm just looking at it because of the fact that I know I can see you walking with that bag and looking normal, looking like it's part of your style. That's what I loved about it. And that's why when I'm looking at it now, I'm going wow, you know, but I don't feel like intimidated. If a person who wasn't Eulanda Adams with this bag, they would look natural and they would look dressed up or depending on what they want to want to satural they want the water they want while they want to shoulder bag, door throw over all these different options really makes for like a people, A person really can actually buy the collection.
Speaker 2: Yes, they actually can. Yeah, and it's reasonable enough that you can buy more than one. And it's you know, if you want the higher end bag, we have those, but we I refuse to make them higher than you know, a certain amount, because you know, I just think I want to be cognizant of where everyone is in their life and so where a person cannot afford a thousand dollars bag, a five hundred dollars bag, a two hundred dollars bag. They can go to the website and they can They can look at it and say, whoa this is? This bag looks similar to that twelve hundred dollars bag.
Speaker 1: Right and look at good looking.
Speaker 2: Good yes, and nobody would know the difference.
Speaker 1: The thing about it is that that's why when I brought to on the show, I want to make sure people know I'm engaged. I'm not just bringing you on the show to talk about it. And I like to believe I grew up with six sisters. You know, I have a sense of that fashion of what my sisters wore or ware, and I've been in the entertainment business of a sense of what that price line that you and then then I've entertained everyday people and that's what this calls about, everyday people being able to reach it to their budget. But when you go to the website, when you go to that and watch these bags, you're gonna buy something. I'm gonna tell you, if you don't want to buy something, don't go to the website because it's gonna pull you in like they pull your boy in. And now I'm six deep with my sisters, here's.
Speaker 2: One of the things that you have always been so brilliant in and you've always taught me that you always find the price point that thatches the people who follow you.
Speaker 1: You know, I.
Speaker 2: Love ten thousand dollars bags. I don't own a ten thousand dollars bags. I think that, you know, I'd rather have ten thousand dollars worth of stock, right right, right. But you know, my thing is how many of my fans and family as I call them, would really invest because that's an investment in ten thousand dollars as opposed to let's say, sixty nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, I have to agree. And long as you're going to stop people like people out that buying these knockoffs, you're spending more on bad knockoffs than you would for a quality YA bag.
Speaker 2: There you go, There you go. And you've always taught there's more security in numbers than just the you know, the branding, and we know branding is awesome. We know that, yes, yes, I would rather have I would rather sell ten thousand Ya bags at their price than to sell two at ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. We're on the same page. With Money Making Conversation. Speaking of Yourlanda Adams London. Let me describe this. We're going to transition to a next product that she's she's out there selling us an entrepreneur over the years. It's called Simply Yolanda. It's a bath and body collection. Let me read this. Through the creation of the Simply Eulanda collection, she aims to improve the lives of others by improving the skin through products from high quality, not what I say high quality in greenings, as Landa says, my passion for creating this line stems from the same passion I possess when creating music. Is all about being spiritually, emotionally and physically. Well.
Speaker 3: Please don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to the Money Making Conversations master Class, hosted by Rishan McDonald.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Balance, you have to have balance in your life. Our our largest organs, there's our skin, and it's usually the part of us that we do not take care of the most right, you know, and that's from the top of your head to the soles of your feet, as they say in the church.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, you know, it's really about you know, we spend a lot of money when it's too late for our skin, you know. And and one of the things I want to talk about for some reason. Early on, and when I was in high school, I you know, I understood my face, so I understood you know, all these skin understood, you know, poores and getting dirt out of my poors, washing with cold water, washing with warm water. Warm water opens your pores, cold water ice closes your pores. And it starts with care, and it starts with spending time. And again we come into a product bathroom, your bathroom body collection where guess what the price point is very reasonable? Talk about that.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. As I got older, I realized that my skin and my body were changing. You know me, I am a health nut. I have always taken care of myself nutritionally, spiritually, and physically. And I found that the products that I was using they were costing a lot of money, and I was not seeing the results that I wanted. So I got with a friend of ours and I said, you know what, I've been thinking really hard about creating my own bath and bodyline. You know, that was what we had the kindles at first, and it was like, oh my gosh, if you do that, I will be a part of your teens. And we got with a scientist who was privy to some of the really higher in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals and skin suticals and all of those things that nurture the skin, and I told them, hey, this is the thing that we have to do. We have to cleanse the skin, but we have to leave a seal of moisture in there so people don't have to continually use the souf flay, you know, over and over and over again during the day. Because people don't have that kind of time. They get in the shower, they get out of the shower moisturized, they're headed to work or headed to wherever they're going to life go. And so you know, I know all these influencers are doing a lot of things right now. I mean, but they're at home in front of cameras. So there are real people, more than eight billion in the world, that have a whole bunch to do that really don't have that kind of time. And I said, so I need I need a body wash. I need a body soou fla, which is a moisturizer, and I need a body oil because there are some people who can't do you know, the soufla for whatever reason, but they can do the oils. And I said, I definitely need a price point where all my people can get it. But it has to be so amazing that they'll come back each and every time. And we have the love and the chocolate that have been I mean, we've been doing the body line since twenty twelve, right, we.
Speaker 1: Know it's really interesting because I'm gonna talk to the men here, okay, because we all jump out there with the elbows as she and the ankles look like cracking on our you know, we don't. You know, I'm gonna tell you this. I look really bad. The other day My wife had to check me where you're going? Where are you going with no socks? Where are you going with no socks? And so and so that's what Let's let's go back to the body all, okay, So us have you know we our skin. God gave us our bodies, okay, and we all it's gonna naturally deteriorate, but it doesn't have to naturally deteriorate fast if you take care. If you take care, that's right, And that's what this that's what this call is about. That's about It's about taking care of you and and you have a product from a stylish standpoint, you go out there from a fashion standpoint, take care of your budget, take care of your look. Now we're talking about the physical side of you when you're walking out there, how you wash down, how you put all on your face. Like I have a ball head. So you know, I slapped that body all on my head. Okay, there you go. And so because that's what it does for me, Because I was walking out the door, you know, I would just shave and and then put a put a tie and white dry off the tie. But guess what it would kind of like start looking like it was cracking up there, you know, until I started putting the body all on it. I'm just being honest with you, Landa. I use your products because your products make me feel better and look better.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much. And that is you know, that's our intention. Our intention is not just you know, to be in your life for just the sale. You know, we want to know how you feel about it, because that's one of the things that we say. It just feels better. You know. I knew that as we move into these these times where the sun is is hotter, it seems like the sun seems like the former climate. It stays with us longer than the winter and longer and fall. You know, you have to have something that combats that. And so when men are like, well, what about a men's product, Well, that's what the chocolate is for, you know, the chocolate men. You know, and I have some brothers who use Love as well, because they say it reminds them of, you know, a softer kind of smell that they don't have to worry about whether it will clash with their cologne. Chocolate is not going to clash with your cologne. I wanted to make sure that you could layer this product product, smell good, feel good, nourish the skin, cleanse the skin, and then you know, and get out there and do your thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Well you're doing that. That's That's why I'm just letting everybody know that, just because you're on a line that says female products, Okay, these products are available for everybody, especially men. And we'll and we're all Wren's out there searching, Stop searching. Just go to Jana Adams. She got it. She got product over here that allows you to take care of you. Like I said, you know the elbow where where men fail. We fell on that elbow. We fell on those ankles, and ankles we die and the tod we forget the all up our toes and that's why we get bad. That's our told look bad in the summer. Summer's coming. Start getting those toes right by getting the right product and your line. I wanted to bring you on the show just to talk about that because of the fact that I support you. You know, you don't have to You don't have to ask me if you want to, if you would not have done my interview today, and I just you know, this is inspiration for me. I get somethings in you when you when you do it, as well as you get something We both kinship. But I have to support things I feel fit African American uh budget. I feel that makes them look good. But I get tired of us going out there buying products that don't that don't suit your budget, buying knockoffs, buying products that look extreme. But you can buy a collection of you can buy a collection of your handbags, you can buy a collection of your products, and you can keep winning. That's you know, that's a that's the beauty of what you're doing with your brains. Have you have you taken to like everybody's doing these Instagram lives? And have you have you done like a little store yet live online? Yet? Have you done that yet?
Speaker 2: You know whereabouts? You know, I have the I have the the Oprah thing. I had a bunch of things, you know, And and I am very protective of my social family. I don't want to, you know, be out there just to be out there. I want, you know, I protect my people. And when you know, when the pandemic started, I talked to all of my manufacturers. I talked to all of my distributors. I'm like, listen, I need a portion of this money to go to, you know, feed the hungry. I need a portion of this money to go to cooking for kids. I need a portion of this money to go to so on and so on and so on and so so. When you buy any ya product or simply Yolanda product, you are with the purchase of these things, you are actually feeding people. You are actually providing water, You're actually providing clothing, actually providing assistance to the homeless folks who don't have what you have, so you know it's always been and that's another thing that you have always taught us as well. Have a good cause surrounding your brand. Don't just take take take, be in the position to give, and I am so thankful that I am in the position to give.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Let's uh. I want to make sure that I get clear of what I'm asking you to do. I'm asking you. Have you considered just going live with your bags and your daughter? Is that going to happen? Because I want to promote it because I just see this as a you know, qvc YA bathroom body moment, because that's what people are accepting. That that the specially African American community or in tune. We're going online. We understand the online process and we know you have a reputable name, so if we buy what you are offering, we're gonna get it. I want, I want, I want to hold you in ther longer. You know again, I wanted to bring you on the show to talk about your y A are your Londa Adams handbags which you can get online right now, or you can go to my newsletter. The Bathroom Beauty Line, which is simply your London, which is amazing. I use it. I use it for my head, I use it for my ankles. Your boy be you're London up now. I gotta go on Live today and buy some bags for my sisters so they can start smiling. All right, my friend, you be safe and thank you for thank you, thank you, thank you. You A little bump in there because of your handbag knows your boy out here promoting you. Okay, snatch out right, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for this edition of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Money Making Conversations Masterclass with rough Shan McDonald is produced by thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. More information about thirty eight fifteen Media Inc. Is available at thirty eight to fifteen media dot com. And always remember to lead with your gifts