Speaker 1: I listened to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Yo, breakfast yell the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: What that ass up on a breakfast club, Brady, I can't say breakfast club without the breakless Cloud.
Speaker 1: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 4: She got platforms and partners all over the place with us. Your man is so high people.
Speaker 2: Want to be in visits with the breakfast buck.
Speaker 3: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are.
Speaker 1: Dj Envyess hilarious, Charlemagne the god.
Speaker 2: You guys really are like the hip hop early morning and late night talk. I know what you'all talking about.
Speaker 3: Yo, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo Jess hilarious, Good morning, Charlemagne, the GOP piece to the planet.
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 3: Guess what day it is? That's right, this Wednesday, middle of the week. How you're feeling out there?
Speaker 2: Are blessed black and holly favored man, Good morning, another day to serve. How you feeling? How you feeling?
Speaker 6: Yes, I hate New York's traffic and it's crazy. It's a lot going on in the roads.
Speaker 3: You don't use the way he's at now.
Speaker 1: I don't use no.
Speaker 6: App because now I'm just so good that I don't have to use any Yes, but use the way he's at.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you about everything.
Speaker 3: Traffic, police or.
Speaker 6: It's like lights that are out, like as soon as you come out the Lincoln Tunnel, right and all these track of trailers like people are going when they ain't not posted like it's it felt like I am legend or something was happening right out the tunnel.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, what is happening?
Speaker 3: How to deal with traffic is going through?
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: But it was but police, Yo, somebody crashed right into a police officer and kept.
Speaker 1: Going like it was a lot going on.
Speaker 3: People got to get to work.
Speaker 2: That was just with the traffic report. Grand jess Allo, Grand jess All. Want to know how you feel physically though? You're good.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 2: No morning sickness, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, that you're feeling good at yeah? Morning sec a little bit more?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, all right, right, are you feeling be good?
Speaker 3: I'm good good?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, Steve Wilcos will be joining us this morning. You know him from the Steve Woco Show. This is seventeenth. This is eighteeneen seventeen season, seventeenth season of the Steve Woco Show. So we'll be kicking with him in a little bit. And then we got front page news testing figure oh be joining us in the second, so let get right to the show.
Speaker 2: But we saw it.
Speaker 3: We played Jack Hollow every damn day this morning, but today's birthday. We all start off with Jack Hali.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at it. You're gonna have a great birthday regardless.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast logal morning morning. Everybody is Steve, j n V, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Tis, good morning, DJ and V jests Hilary, it's Charlemane to God girl.
Speaker 3: Let's jump right into it. Let's jump Well, what's happening in Haiti?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a real complax story, but it's really important that we know what's going on because the US is involved and will be sending over more support. So the Haiti prime minister has resigned amid escalating violence.
Speaker 8: Take a listen where the prime minister has resigned after weeks of chaos in the country.
Speaker 1: Ariel Henri submitted his resignation.
Speaker 8: Monday night, saying he will step down once a transitional council is in place.
Speaker 3: My government will leave immediately after the inaugration of the council. Will be a caretaker government until they name a prime minister and a new cabinet.
Speaker 2: Haiti needs peace, Haiti needs the ability.
Speaker 8: His resignation comes just hours after regional leaders met in Jamaica to discuss a framework for a political transition. The country plunged into a crisis after powerful gangs carried out highly coordinated attacks across the capital port of Prince last month.
Speaker 6: Now, the United States will be contributing three hundred million dollars to assist Haiti.
Speaker 1: Once you take a listen to that.
Speaker 9: The United States Department of Defense is doubling it's approved support for the mission from one hundred million dollars to two hundred million dollars, and that brings the total US support to three hundred million dollars for this effort. I'm also announcing additionally umanitarian assistance for the people of Haiti thirty three million dollars to further support their health and food security.
Speaker 6: So you may be saying, well, Ted, what does this have to do with the United States, Well, as you just heard again more money going over there, So we'll add that to the list when we talk about Ukraine, when we talk about Gaza, this will certainly we expect this to increase and they will need more support in the weeks ahead because people are actually struggling with famine. And also they put out an alert for Miami for border agents to prepare for wave of migration as people continue to flood Haiti, and so we expect to see more of that in the coming weeks. I expect this DJMV to become a conversation as we go through the longest presidential election cycle.
Speaker 1: That we've had in history, So get prepared for that. I can see Trump speaking on this now.
Speaker 6: Our folks at the US embassy had to flee as well yesterday to get them out to make sure they're safe. And so the bottom line is, folks look into this reading to it. It is a very complex issue. But bottom line, gangs have taken over because they're looking for free and fair elections, and by the way, they are very critical of the US getting involved in picking their prime ministers, as well, so two hundred gangs currently run Haiti. They control about eighty percent of port the prince. The death toll has reached over five thousand so far.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, I have a couple of Haitian friends. And actually the person that actually taught me how to DJ clue introduced me. But the person actually taught me he's hating. His name is Mona Mono, South Pa Si. He was telling me about it and how bad it is and his family's out there and his family's trying to get over here, and how nasty it is over there. But now, let me ask you a question. With all this money that's going out, and you mentioned Ukraine, you mentioned Gayza, you mentioned Haiti, you know, you're talking one hundred to millions of dollars there there billions of dollars. And then you know, you see all the stuff that's wrong here and all the stuff that we need help, and it just seems a little crazy that we can print the money and find the money for everybody else but home. It seems strange when you talk about it and you're driving seeing so many people homeless, and you're seeing so many people here can't afford food, and you talk about all these students that can't pay for college loans, and we're talking about free college and free healthcare. It seems like a lot.
Speaker 6: Well that's why I think this conversation is going to continue to bubble up. You know, as people are talking about, you know, how they want to move politically, and although you know, we know this money comes from two different buckets, your point is when it's time to assist other nations in the United States seems to figure it out, and so you're saying, you know, why is it we can't figure it, And the argument is always said, well, this comes out a different bucket. This doesn't have anything to do with it. You know, there's programs for all the things that DJ and you mentioned, which yes, we know that. But again to Charlemagne point what he's always putting out there, people are looking at what they see in front of them. Know, they're not looking at this bucket that bucket. This bottom line is I'm not getting the support I need. How is this money going to these other foreign countries, which of course we do support that we want to support our Haitian brothers and sisters, we do.
Speaker 1: But people are looking.
Speaker 6: At what is happening in my daily life, what is happening in violence in our own cities?
Speaker 1: Rest in peace. My baby cousin will be buried tomorrow. She was shot and.
Speaker 6: Killed in Oklahoma City last week. So when you look at violence and how we deal with our own and what's happening to curb our own violence, these are the things that people look at, and so it hits home. Politics is a matter of the heart as many. As much as people want to say it's not emotional, it is. And so people say, what about you know, what's going on in my own backyard, Charlemagne? You got thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: No, we actually got it right, right, Okay?
Speaker 3: And what are we talking? Next hour?
Speaker 4: Test?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're talking next hour.
Speaker 6: Want to bring to your attention obviously no surprise of President Biden and Donald Trump has clinch their nomination. And I want people hip hop take a listen to this. They're pushing for better wages on your streaming music. So we're going to talk about what policy has been introduced to that so you get more money for your.
Speaker 3: Streaming All right, nice? Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If there's something on your chest, something on your mind, call us up right now. Is the breakfast club? Good morning, the breakfast Club. It's a is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 1: Mad or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 4: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, This is Gabby, Hey, Gabby, good morning.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 1: Good morning, hey.
Speaker 5: Man, how are you guys doing. I've been listening to your breakfast slut for a while now and pretend to what's going on in Haiti. I'm just wondering. America is of the world. We're the free lead of the world really by example, and we were here to protect the Constitution. We have to protect the people of America. We have to protect the world our allies now with what's going on in Haiti. To me, it's priority of when we when we're thinking about the dead tolls within Bagaga, Ukraine, those things. Now, what's going on in our own backyards. We don't wake up every day to bombs. We don't wake up every day to people dying.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 5: I know, we have a lot going on here, and we have systems and things in place to take care.
Speaker 4: Of our people.
Speaker 5: Why is it that every time something's going on outside, were having this conversation to make it seem like we we're not protecting our people, but we're just fundling money out outside the country. I mean, when we have pensions, I think that everyone else.
Speaker 2: I think that's obvious, my brother, Like, I mean, I don't know what bubble you living that you can't see that people out here suffering. Like there's so many homeless people out here, and people who can't keep food on their table, can't keep rustle.
Speaker 10: Delegate nominations have half a president Biden don't even have the nineteen hundred and sixty.
Speaker 5: That's that's fact. So we gotta understand.
Speaker 2: So you guys, so you should.
Speaker 5: I don't understand. I don't understand. We all, we all human beings, we all we all want people. We have to we have to speak as such, and we have to take care of each other. If Americas is taking care of its people the best they can do, in China also be a leader of the world.
Speaker 2: But that's that's the point, America is not taking care of his people the best they can do. We we all feel like America could do better. So what's the problem.
Speaker 5: Money that's going into the month, of money that's going into our communities. You're saying, we're still not being protected. How we how are we spending that money? It goes back to how we're spending how our congressmen are spending the money in our community.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the point. So yes, we have every right to raise hell about that. We have every right to say, hey, how do y'all have money for this but don't have money for that? There's nothing wrong with that conversation exactly.
Speaker 5: And just like you said that, we have different people live in this country, who's also contributing to that, who's also paying these taxes, who's also expecting help one of them when they.
Speaker 2: Pay a lot of money in taxes. That's way another reason I'm gonna keep running my mouth.
Speaker 5: I understanding, man, But it's something that we all should think to look at it, look at the bigger picture, not just one sided.
Speaker 2: I think we even want to hear. I'm gonna be honest with you, my brother, you sound very one side this morning. You said that you're not looking at the bigger picture at all.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at a bigger picture, right, yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, Like, think about what I just told you. Nearly half of South Carolina residents struggle to afford basic necessities, and.
Speaker 1: He told you look at the bigger picture over that.
Speaker 3: And I'm not mad at helping any other country. I mean, if people need help, I mean absolutely positively. But I just I just feel like we always say they don't they don't have the budget for here, or they can't find the resources or the money, and then it seems like they're so quick to get these and not just ten million school hundreds of millions of dollars and continue to send to other nations schools.
Speaker 2: In our communities. People don't have affordable health care like they should. Like, it's a million different issues that are happening right here in America. People are homeless. And I'm not saying that you don't, like, yes, go help other people, But you cannot wonder why people sometimes look at that and say, well what about us?
Speaker 3: Right right, come on, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines wide open, it's the Breakfast Club. One morning, the breakfast club, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this It's Brian Man.
Speaker 3: Brian what are you calling from? I'm calling them Va Man, Virginia seventy five seven. Get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I want to talk about how bad black women are customer service.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: Black women are great at a lot of things, man, but customer services not.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jack, they're just gonna say all don't say no, damn wild Jack. You're not going to say all of us. You can't just say like some black women are.
Speaker 3: You know, you had a bad experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, what happened?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Tell us what happened?
Speaker 7: Man, it's definitely not all.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's definitely what happened.
Speaker 3: Brother, tell us what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying just early in the morning, you go get a biscuit or something, and it's just the attitude for no reason, like like more like even just can you help fix the mess that the black women and customer service?
Speaker 6: You are so right, I need to be doing that more, you know, because they're going through something too. But they also need to think about the job that they have to do, because you know, there's nothing wrong with being nice to somebody.
Speaker 1: You know, you know it's not too hard being nice. So I get you.
Speaker 7: It don't take much, Charlie Man, I will tell you that that's that's the way to get me off the couch. If President Biden or or Trump can help find a way to fix the black women.
Speaker 2: To come home, list it. Everybody got their own issue interest. I'm not what is it? Vote your interest?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Hello, have a.
Speaker 3: Motivate you can Hello, Hey, Lamisia, Yes it's me, Heyma, get it off your chest, Mama.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to ask it to myself.
Speaker 7: I'm turning thirty three today.
Speaker 2: Congratulation. Thank you?
Speaker 7: What you doing to my mom to see me listening to here?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I said what you're doing for your birthday?
Speaker 2: So I want to take it yesterday for the nine am concert Woman's thing on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the one nine am on a Saturday. I don't know, but I know I'm going and I wanted yesterday on here.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh I know that's why shuny know, she just wanted to win sauce. She want something, so she going.
Speaker 7: There you go, the luck of the banger, the luck of the banger.
Speaker 2: Banger, the luck of the banger, the luck of the bank.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the where are you from?
Speaker 7: I'm from Patterson, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Okay, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Know what that is?
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, enjoy your birthday.
Speaker 6: All the luck of the banger. Like, didn't no elaboration, no nothing. We gave our tickets for that.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't even know what that is. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: The luck of the baby.
Speaker 1: Know, but she gonna call it back up your Monday like real man, like when y'all told me.
Speaker 2: To come there.
Speaker 3: Your food is being delivered in five minutes. The guys on the bicycle right now bringing it.
Speaker 1: Just thank you so very much.
Speaker 3: All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got just with the mess coming up. What were we talking about?
Speaker 6: Yes, the solar eclipse is coming on April eighth, and it's very important information, so tune in.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Lug, Good morning.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast Club everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ NV, Jess, Hilary Cholam and the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jes with the message real.
Speaker 7: Just the Nord, just don't do.
Speaker 4: Just is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club. She watched the news last night, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need no disclaimer. Listen.
Speaker 6: So rare solo eclipse is coming. So solar eclipse will be happening in April eighth, and people did not.
Speaker 1: Enough people was talking about this.
Speaker 6: Everybody talking about you know, Trump body and all that, and the sofa and mint mail.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Meek, Mel Diddy, all these people.
Speaker 6: But the sol eclipse is very very interesting, and I have a report from They need to say, oh yeah, Fox nine go ahead.
Speaker 1: Playoffs next month.
Speaker 3: People across the United States are in for a special treat. A solar eclipse will be visible across much of the country for fifteen states.
Speaker 12: That means the moon will completely cover the sun, briefly turning day into night, and there will not be another one now until twenty forty four.
Speaker 6: Now, when people like when this's happened in the past, it literally happens for like seconds or half a second or whatever, like I remember the last one that happened. I was like I was very very young, and it's just like what happens within the blank of venot. But this one is supposed to be from one minute to four minutes and thirty two seconds in some states. Now it's the path of totality is wide and usual, which means Americans will be able to experience the solar eclipse. It's is also crazy. I'm not gonna tell y'all. I'm not going to give y'all the the Wikipedia one.
Speaker 2: This is this four minutes is a long time.
Speaker 3: It is a long time.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to tap into some solar eclipse rituals to manifest your intentions because new moons symbolized new beginnings, and solar eclipses give you an extra boost for transformation in our lives.
Speaker 1: Will make that happen, all right, So that's that's the good part about it.
Speaker 6: But the governments of certain states have been advising their residents to prepare with emergency prep like it's people with their closing down schools and they're scared that it'll be a lot of tourist flocks, like people flying away to see this, like I, you know, are getting closer to see it now. The path of totality will cover some parts of Mexico and some parts of Canada.
Speaker 1: Also listen up.
Speaker 6: This is the fifteen states here Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: New York, New York, New York, York, y'allk.
Speaker 6: Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine and listen. Delta is also offering flights going up close experience of the total eclipse thirty thousand feet in the air from Austin, Texas to Detroit.
Speaker 2: I thought you're not supposed to look at it, though.
Speaker 6: That's exactly They must have them glasses that if you plan to look at the sole eclipse, you encourage to wear eclipse glasses.
Speaker 13: Yah.
Speaker 1: I'm sorrys messy visions. We dropped the ball on this.
Speaker 6: We do not have eclipse glasses, but I'm pretty sure you can find them anywhere. Do not look directly at it, because something will happen to you.
Speaker 2: We can still sell eclipse glasses. All we gotta do is give us a bunch of three D glasses. I don't just tell people for the eclipse.
Speaker 1: You're purposely trying to hurt people out there.
Speaker 3: You don't hurt people's eyes, but you tell.
Speaker 2: Them don't look it, don't look directly into it. Just put them off.
Speaker 1: And then you know, these Americans going to do exactly what you say, don't do.
Speaker 3: But that's why they want to close the schools. That's what they're thinking about closing some of the schools because they were like, the students will be looking at the sky, but if you keep them home, hopefully they're stay in the house.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's spooky enough that it's gonna be in the middle of the day and it's just gonna go.
Speaker 3: Be four minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lose it anyway.
Speaker 6: So I don't know, I'm gonna be our plan to be in Baltimore that day because it's not gonna do that in Maryland.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Maryland wasn't one of the fifteen states, but New York is. They gonna lose their mind less than what you understand.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, y'all. Y'all, Okay, listen, now this is the headline that I'm I'm that I thought of.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Can't take nothing serious, but for real, yo, going on in the Kingdom, the Royal Kingdom.
Speaker 6: Y'all, So I talked to some friends over I got some connects in the UK and listen, come on, listen, listen. Kate Middleton, Prince William's wife, right, she had abdominal surgery on January. Yes, she did surgery, all right, so that's why. And the last time people have seen her was in uh December. Now, granted it was reported that she wouldn't return to our royal duties until Eastern right, because of her recovery or whatever. But people are realizing that she hasn't been seen since December.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: There are stories that she left the hospital with Prince William the same day as a procedure. But but the photos only show Prince William leaving and wea ain't see her nothing right now. This seems innocent, but this actually is interesting because people online are starting a piece of story together that Kate Middleton is either missing or in a bad condition following the surgery. Oh, I don't need the sound effects.
Speaker 1: Look now. Sunday in the UK it was Mother's Day.
Speaker 6: It's different over here, but over there it's Mother's Day right right, And the photo was released of Kate and her three children. Major media publications initially shared the photo, but they all started to remove them with the explanation that they can't be shared because it was obviously altered.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Photoshop experts determined that they were sixteen editing errors in the picture, so people, you know, you know how people on social media is they see the walls moving and all that type of stuff. Right shortly after that, Kate tweeted an apology Kate herself from her account, allegedly yeah, I do that. And there she tweeted and apology, claiming that she occasionally experiments with editing, and she said, like any other photographer.
Speaker 1: Editing, I'm like, girl, where's you at?
Speaker 6: Like you're not letting us know what's going on or nothing, But you're gonna take the social media to be like I be.
Speaker 1: You know, I be editing a little bit, girl.
Speaker 2: Please. That's her way of letting people know she's all right.
Speaker 6: M mmmm, I don't know, but listen, this is also crazy too, because a man close to Kate's family committed suicide. More more, more in depth, her sister's madness wasn't her husband, This is just her, like somebody her sister was dealing with, you know, her boyfriend and he committed suicide out of nowhere. Prince William went to the frienderal, but she didn't Kate, she didn't show up, and that's her sister, all right. People are speculating that because of these things, there's a deeper story to Kate's Mother's Day photo being you know, being photoshopped. And then it was also they also put out a photo where she was leaving a castle. But you can tell even by the bricks, the bricks, it wasn't like.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no, no, it wasn't given.
Speaker 1: It was not given.
Speaker 6: She really walked about that castle, all right. And it's also roomed that King Chaws has cancer and it's opting to treated.
Speaker 2: Naturally holistic doctor Sebby.
Speaker 1: I can't daan't say that. It's ain't I ain't next to my UK friends all that now.
Speaker 6: It's also reported that the Queen left two letters behind right before she died, one for her top eight and one for her son, with instructions that it shouldn't be open until twenty eighty five.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to be on the radio twenty eighty five.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on with the royal family right now.
Speaker 6: We don't know how many of these stories are actually true, but we do know that this is a pr nightmare for the royal family.
Speaker 2: That was just with the UK mess.
Speaker 3: This is yeah, can we drop a bond?
Speaker 2: I don't know if any of her UK news, Oh my god, but I did see I did see that picture on MSNBC.
Speaker 6: I bet you go back and it ain't on any no more because they can't be doing stuff like that because it's been altered, honestly. But I'm just the moral of the story is even from the grave, the queen still she still got something going on. All right, Okay, I'm telling you I unfinished business the UK edition.
Speaker 1: It's like a bunch of stuff going on in the Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Actuall knows.
Speaker 1: We get updates from over there.
Speaker 2: That's from her UK connects.
Speaker 3: Yes, her you.
Speaker 2: From Baltimore.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got front page news and then Steve will Coast will be joining us. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody, It's the dj en V.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlomagne the gud we are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. What up test?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Dj m V Just hilarious. Charlemagnea guy, Good morning girl.
Speaker 3: And happy one year front page anniversary. Right, yesday, regular girl.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you so much. Has been an honor to serve guys. Thank you for allowing me to join this Hall of Fame show to give a little bit of.
Speaker 2: News you can use.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 6: Charlemagne, dj m VY Eddie, the whole staff and just hilarious.
Speaker 1: My baby, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's jump right into it. Let's talk about your your presidents.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, dj mv's presidents have finally decided to clinch denomination.
Speaker 1: Is official.
Speaker 6: This is no breaking newsbviously we know they were going to get the nomination. But let's take a listen. This is the first President Your rematch in seventy years.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: The Biden Trump rematch is officially here. After both candidates secured the delegates needed to earn their party's nomination for president. President Biden secured the nineteen hundred and sixty eight delegates needed to win the Democratic nomination. Mister Trump easily won the twelve hundred and fifteen delegates to lock up the GOP nomination. In Georgia, the president won more than ninety five percent of the vote. The former president got more than eighty percent, mister Biden and Trump also handily won in Mississippi and Washington.
Speaker 1: So again, no surprise. You know, this is what it is, guys.
Speaker 6: So folks are still having conversations about a third party candidate who's too old?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 6: See now who? This is the bottom line, This is what it is. It will be Trump versus Biden, period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rematch nobody wants. But the rematch we're gonna get. And I don't I know, I've been thinking about it. I don't know how Trump fails in the general election. But then again, I don't know how Biden fairs in the general election either. So it's really a toss up. And I'll never get over the fact that a man with ninety one criminal charges is able to run for president of the United States of America. Never never, never doubt yourself. Kids, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Speaker 1: Charged ninety one times.
Speaker 2: But now, if you're black, I just want to put that out there, give me that.
Speaker 6: And this is going to be a very very long election, you know, because it started so early. You know, normally the general election is you know, after the conventions in the summer and then you get all the back and forth. But because you know, they've clinched it so early and we already noticed is what it is. And there's no you know, could it possibly change or any of you know, any event. This is going to be a very, very very long election season.
Speaker 2: So Donald Trump campaigning for four years, if you think about.
Speaker 1: It, you know, absolutely absolutely, And these.
Speaker 2: Media networks don't want to admit it, but Donald Trump is great for ratings. So when you say it's going to be a long campaign, there's been a long campaign since twenty sixteen. Trump has not stopped campaign since two Divan and sixteen.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about you said streamers can make some more money on their music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a really good Yeah, that's a really good thing.
Speaker 6: So Congressional Representative Rashida to Leib and Congressman and Jamal Bowman, they introduced the Proposed Living Ways for Musicians Act. It's aimed at increasing streaming royalties for musicians online. These are the type of things that happen in Congress that you don't hear much about.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: This act will create new stream and royalty with the aim to compensate artists and musicians more fairly at a penny per stream when their music plays on streaming services. Now the streaming has grown to represent eighty four percent of recorded music industry revenue. I'm sure you know you guys come here, especially you Djamy. Back in the day, you actually had to buy records and people got, you know, more for their music. But now everything's about streaming. So Spotify the leading music streaming platform. A lot of folks may not know. They only pay an average per stream three zero I don't even know if if that's three sents, because it says zero points zero zero three, meaning an artists must reach at least eight hundred thousand streams just to equal a full time job at fifteen dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: Ham isn't that crazy.
Speaker 6: So this new royalty will be paid in addition to existing royalties, ensuring that the artists receive at least one cent per stream. So this is even less than one one cent with an eventual cap. And so this is one of the great things that Jamal Bowman is doing as he leads this Congressional Hip Hop Task Force and Justice Task Force that he's doing, which will cover many other things.
Speaker 1: You'll hear that in weeks to come. But this is one of the things that they're pushing.
Speaker 6: And I think this is really, you know, critically important, so people can make money off off their strings.
Speaker 3: What you guys think, I mean, I think it's great. Anything that these artists and creators can make more money off of their content, I think it's I think it's amazing. I think it's while that you know, you're talking about an artist can make point zero zero three with one hundred thousand streams seems insane, that's horrible, seems But anything that that helped these artists make more money, I'm with.
Speaker 1: And I came out with you songs and I only probably like thirteen streams, So what is that.
Speaker 2: I owe money?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: So, you know, as so I guess artists, you know, they have to continue to make their money on the road. They have to continue to you know, basically on the road because you just don't make any money up what's the motivation of making the music if you make zero money?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 6: So this is this is something that I think hip hop or not just hip hop, R and B anybody that streams anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well most artists to tell you, they don't really make money off of selling records. They make money off the road, off to merch and off for other things, but they rarely make money off of actually selling records.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: But like back in the day, wasn't it you made money off CDs?
Speaker 3: Well, you made money depending on how many records records you sold. And a lot of artists back then really didn't make money. Their whole thing was always touring and shows.
Speaker 1: And I know Mery J.
Speaker 6: Blige she said she sold like seven hundred and fifty thousand weeks like her first.
Speaker 3: Week, first week up.
Speaker 6: That is good, Like that is amazing anybody doing that with the streams, that is so that's so crazy.
Speaker 2: She need the money though, thinking about somebody TLC sold what ten million records only ended up with fifteen thousand dollars. That's crazy. Like the moil of the story is the record the record industry been predatory towards artists.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's just really all the boils down to. All right, Well that is front Page News. Take your test.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and make sure you follow at tesland, figure out on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot on Chase of podcast on The Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast network, hosted by Tesling figure O.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, Steve Willcoast will be joining us. You know him from the Steve will co Show. He was the security guard that used to be on the Jerry Springer Show. This is his seventeenth season, seventeen, and we're gonna chop it up when we come back.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Warning everybody your Steen j NVD, Jess hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, his seventeenth season on a Ladies and Gentlemen, Steve Wolcals, Welcome back again.
Speaker 2: How are you great?
Speaker 1: They celebrating your thirtieth a year in television. Like on television.
Speaker 6: I know you started as Jerry Springer's bodyguard and actually the producer on the Jerry Springer Show.
Speaker 1: Right, no, no, no credits on a couple of episodes.
Speaker 13: Well my show, I'm an executive producer.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, but that's I don't produce.
Speaker 13: That's just you know, they give you the title because if my show ever won an Emmy, if I was an executive producer. I want to get an Emmy, that's why they do it. So I have nothing to do with the producing of the show. But I started on the Spring Show. I was a chicle cop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: They just hired some cops to do security and I happened to be one of them, and thirty years later, I'm still here.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you ever expect your career to end up like No, I was.
Speaker 13: Going to be policeman, Like my dad was a Chicago policeman for thirty years and he retired, and that's what I was going to do, you know, just be a cop, get my pension, and retire. But I kind of like the way it worked out. So you're retired on job.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: I had twelve years, and I could have got a pincher, but I pulled it and twelve years was long enough.
Speaker 3: Actually, did you have to really contemplate, like do I leave this where I could go or do I wait twelve years I get my pension. It was good for the rest of my life.
Speaker 13: It was difficult because you know, when I left, I had no idea. I left in two thousand and one and I got my show in two thousand and seven, so I never knew I was going to get my own TV show. I mean, that was crazy even to think. But my wife, who's my executive producer, and she became the execut producer Jerry Springer. I actually came home one night and I was covered in blood in my police uniform, and she goes, this is crazy, man. You need to you know, and she said, listen, when the Springer Show's over, we're not staying work living on your policeman cellar. She goes, I'm a TV producer. We're going to go to LA or New York and I'm going to be a TV producer. You'll find something to do. And I said yeah. And at that point I was kind of burnt out in a policeman, you know. I was tired of fighting and everything and getting hurt. So I was like, okay, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: The second longest running syndicated daytime talk show in current production, geez.
Speaker 13: And I wish all those people that laughed in my face in LA when I did the media turd like they were just dogging me. Man, like Jerry Springer's guy, he's not gonna last thirteen weeks, because back then it was thirteen weeks pickups and they're like, you're not gonna last thirteen weeks and I'm like, okay, we'll see. And you know, thirty years in TV straight, we'll never missing a paycheck is unheard of.
Speaker 2: So what's the key to the success? Though a tooth question is a two folk question. What's the key to success? And what did you learn learn from Jerry? Because he had a long Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, I I and I'm not trying to sound like, you know, like I didn't learn anything from Joy, but there was nothing to learn from Jerry's show because we do a completely different show, right what, There's a lot of things I learned from Jerry, like being professional, showing up on time, being always ready, and he said, hey, man, when you go, don't try to be like me or the show. Just do your own thing and you'll be fine. The really secret of my success is my wife. And I say that and I'm you know, I'm not just a husband saying about his wife. You know, if it wasn't for my wife, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And that's the truth, because you know, I had my problems about six years ago. I d y and you know all that, like she stuck with me through that pulled me out of it. You know, I was going through things and and but even like she knows how to produce me on my show, she knows how to do a lot of things. She kept the Springer Show on the air for a lot of airs. So I got the best executive producer on TV.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So truthfully, and she and she knows me, she lets me be me. The first two years of my show were terrible. I was produced in a way that was just I hated doing the show. I literally hate it coming to work. And that person left and my wife took over, and thank god. Yeah I wouldn't I definitely would not be on air.
Speaker 1: Did you guys ever have like any fallouts about you not want you know?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: There was like she would do shows especially there was shows like with kids and stuff, you know, and I hated doing those.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 13: I don't like it. I feel like I can't relate the kids.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 13: But my wife, I just do it. You know, they would work and she was right, So like at this stage my career, I just even if I don't like it. I just keep my mouth shut. I just do it, yeah, because I'm like, it'll be over in twenty minutes and white complain.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, last week you reported the Steve Vocals was in the just with the Mess right Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had taken to social media because you watched the Wendy Williams Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and you were actually the first celebrity that spoke up besides myself, spoke up, you know, in favor of her about you know, her treatment and how they made her look on the documentary.
Speaker 1: Like and I just you know, wanted to know in person, you.
Speaker 13: Know, well you know me and when like when I was launched, I was I did one of these radio shows. She was so nice to me. Yeah, and uh, and then she launched right after me, I think the year after me. And so I would always appear on a show and I had a personal relationship with one day. I mean I went to her fiftieth birthday party and things like that, and you know, I saw her, and I I really liked Wendy. I I don't watch daytime talk show, but I would watch her show. I thought it was really good. I was interested in it, and I'd like the topic segment and all that I really cared about Wendy, you know, so then to show her in this, you know, and we were where was I I was, I was in Florida, and we're flipping to him and my wife from the hotel.
Speaker 2: And I start watching, I'm like, oh my god, this is terrible.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: I think like when when I was going through my struggles and you know, at my lowest, if there was a camera in my house filming me, like no, but my wife would never allow that to happen to me. You know, she'd be like, no, they We're never doing anything like that. And so it's just because you know, especially as a woman, right what woman wants to see her wigged him like ye taking off and showing in that light or there showing her feet. She's got that some kind of problem with her feet, and you know, come on, man, if she was in the right state mind, she would never let anybody see you do it. And she's obviously suffering from alcohol, you know, being alcohol or drinking problem. And you know, when you're going through something like that, I don't think you should be on camera. And that managers like, oh, we have to do a podcast at any and she's she's ready, like she's not ready to do anything, man, come on, you know, and she should be in a treatment facility somewhere, getting medical attention from doctors and everything else. And it just to me it was really exploitative. Yeah, you know, people are blashing back at me like, well, you know, when you talk a crip about her TV show, I go, she's not showing anybody in their deepest and filming them, Like, what are you talking about? You know, it's a TV show. You know, It's so crazy to me how people can cheer the downfall of another human being. Was the last time you spoke, Well, I think I was on her show. Well, I hosted her show with Jerry when she was on the break, and I spoke to her just before that, and you know, she was struggling at that time, and I told her, I said, hey, listen, anytime you want to talk to me, because I've been through it and she knew it. We talked about it off stage the last time I appeared on the show with her. So you know, it's just tough.
Speaker 3: And how did you get through because you said you had a DUI, how did you get through your troubles during that time.
Speaker 13: I you know, listen, I was drinking too much and it was a stress was it stress? Depression? Anxiety? I was using alcohol to help with depression, which is probably the last thing in the world you should do.
Speaker 2: You can afford to drive, Steve, I could it's listen.
Speaker 13: I make no excuse. I can't tell you why I drove that day or what made me get in my car and get in it. I'm absolutely wrong, And I knew, like my life could have changed a lot worse that day other than just gonna do. I could have killed somebody, or you could have killed myself. And I just said, I'm not drinking anymore. Now a lot of people can't do that, just say I'm not going to drink anymore. But I knew it was becoming a problem in my life and I was going to ruin everything in my life, my family, my career, and I just said, Okay, you know, I'm not twenty years old anymore. I got to take this serious and stop, and I did.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: You haven't drink since.
Speaker 13: Since two thousand and eight. Team was last time I drank? What did happen it in my town? There?
Speaker 2: And what I'm saying they didn't give you no Steve Willco celebrity.
Speaker 13: Privilege like well, when you're involved in an accident like I was, and they had taken me to the hospital, they had to draw my blood, so there was no taking care of me, you know, And truthfully, listen, nobody wants to day right, nobody wants and especially when you're in our position, you know, it's on TMZ and you get blown up. But truthfully, it was probably the best thing for me because it made me. And listen, now that I don't drink anymore, I'm very productive. I work out all the time. My marriage is great, my career is great, and you know, alcohol was really negatively impacting all those aspects of my life. And I was asked about it. I mean, like, you know, I wanted to fight it so bad because I started drinking when I was fourteen years old, and you know, to give up a lifetime habit like that, it's not easy. But I knew. And now when I look back, I go, why in the world did I ever drink? Like you know, but a lot of people do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's fun exactly, It is.
Speaker 3: The best time.
Speaker 2: What it's fine.
Speaker 13: The best times of my life were drink food off.
Speaker 3: All right, we got more with Steve will Coos when we come back, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the guy we are The Breakfast Club were still kicking it with Steve will Coles from the Steve Will Go Show.
Speaker 2: What do you say to people? Because when you think about Wendy Williams and how they showed her situation on television, but you know, God bless the dead, Jerry's bringer, like people didn't even know he had cancer. So what do you say to people who feel like celebrities have an obligation to show you the bad since you've seen all of it.
Speaker 13: Jerry didn't even tell me. Right, like a month before he passed away, he called me up and said hey, because he had nothing going on in Stanford at the time. You know, Judge Jerry was over everything. So he called me up and he said, Hey, I'm having dinner with all his old guys, his crew security because they'll work on my show. And I was taping that day and I said, Jerry, I don't want to go to dinner with twenty guys. And when I'm done taping. I'm exhausted at then to my tape day because I'm doing like six stories a day. So I said, you know, I'm gonna pass him, and he goes, I really want to see Steve. Well, Jerry, you know, doesn't talk like that. You know, I really want to see it. So I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: You go to dinner.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna go home, rest a little bit, and then when you're done, you go meet me for a cigar at John Starks as a place in Stanford, Connecticut, cigar bar. So I met him there and it was crazy because we were two guys that never talked about the glory days, like, oh you do remember this, Remember that we didn't do that. He has a grandson and my son is about the same agent or both athletes, and we would always talk about our sons. But we talked about politics a lot and just what was happening currently in our lives. We never talked about the glory days. But that night we talked a lot about the glory days, which I didn't think anything of it at a time, and it was kind of fun because we never do it. But he never said, hey, Steve, by the way, I'm gonna I'm dying a tank odic cancer. Wow, and never mentioned it, but I knew something was wrong because I said, Jerry, like you okay, you know, because is like shaking really bad and stuff. He goes, no, No, I'm okay, I'm okay. And that's the kind of guy he was. He didn't you want to put that burden on me, because I would I'd be sad and depressed and worried about the guy. And and so we had a great time and he got up hugged me. I love you, Steve, and I was like, well, I love you too, Jerry. Of course I love you.
Speaker 4: And that was it.
Speaker 13: And I then a month later passed away. So wow, you know, that's the kind of guy Jerry was. I don't think he wanted to have people make a big deal about him. He he didn't want the burden people with his illness, and so yeah, I respect it. But again, just like with the Wendy Williams thing, when you're at your lowest, you know, and I think we've all been there, you know, I don't think you want a camera on you when you're going through that simple as that.
Speaker 2: Have you dealt with it?
Speaker 4: Death?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: You know, kind of haven't been a year yet, right, No, it's in April, it's coming up. It was almost like losing my father. And I always say, no man had a personal interest in me, you know, kind of watching on for me, being there for me my own father, and so we were very close, and Jerry was so great to me and so generous and caring and you know, so yeah, I mean it was a big loss of my life.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Is it true that you have a human hair collection from the Jerry Springers show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so were trying to make a wig out of it.
Speaker 13: It was stupid, man Like. Some women would always fight and I'd be pulling each other's hair out. So one day I took the strand of hair and I just wrapped it up in a little tiny ball. Well, then after that, every time there was a fight, I would add that hair to the ball. Well, it got to be the size of like a bowling ball after you know, like ten years. And it was so gross. Man, You take him out all his hair and there was all different colors, and you know, there's a lot of probably wig air in there. And I used to just keep it. We had three chairs. It was Jerry, the executivelucer and me, and then my wife serves four chairs, and right beid, my chair was in the corner and I would just throw this human ball of hair back there. And then I got my own show. So I don't even know what happened to that big ball of hair. Oh wow, I hope nobody kept it.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, would you be in an ex police officer, what do you think about how the world is taking towards cops now? Like things have changed right now with bail reform. You know, criminals are getting out fast. It feels like cops are scared now to do anything because everything's on camera.
Speaker 13: Well, when I think in New York, thedn't they take away their community like you can be personally sued, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I mean you know we didn't have that when I was a company. I mean, who's going to jeopardize, you know, their financial wellbeing to you know, listen, I think I'll put it this way. When I was coming out of the Marines in nineteen eighty nine, I wanted to be a cop, just like my dad. And it was a good job, you know, like you got pension benefits all this stuff. If I was coming out of the Marines, there I would never take that job, not in a millionaires. So, I mean, I think policemen really are not a good job. You know, you fight all the time, and like you said, you make arrest and people are back out on the street, especially here in New York and Chicago's the same way. So it's not a good job.
Speaker 2: Do you have a timetable on when you want the show to run?
Speaker 13: Its course, I love doing the show, and I you know, I'm only sixty. God, I was thirty when I started on TV. But I don't yeah, okay, yeah, it is. Come on, man, now, when you say sixty, see you don't think it's old because you're not there yet. When you become sixty, it sounds old and it is old. But so they answer your question is I love doing the show. I enjoy it. It provides me with a great life, so I don't. I'm never gonna say I'm gonna quit. But you know, TV's changing, it's difficult and it's tough now, you know, and now they're exploring all these different avenues to bring revenue into the show. But I would definitely like to hit twenty. I'm at seventeen. I'm going to season eighteen nice round number twenty. If it would go longer, I guess I would do it because I just finished taping last Wednesday and now I won't go back to work until last week in August. So I get a nice quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, clearly it works. Seventeen seasons.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, congratulations, that's right, the Steve Wilko Show in the seventeenth season, and thank you for joining us again.
Speaker 1: One second, what is your skin regimen? You do not look like a six to zero white man.
Speaker 4: You do not.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I shave.
Speaker 1: I don't do any like you don't do anything.
Speaker 2: I don't do anything. Okay, you're aging like a black person. The guy in the world. That's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning Morning, everybody. It's d J A n V. Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, Happy Wednesday, Home Day, and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 1: Jesus real, Jessica. Robert Moore, just don't do is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I thought this was going to be covered in front page News, but I got my good sis back. So Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry approved eleven bills last week. Some of these bills include expanding death row execution methods and legislation that eliminates the option for parole. Now, nitrogen gas and electrocution were added as methods to carry.
Speaker 1: Out the death penalty.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: One of the biggest changes that is that residents eighteen and older can carry a concealed handgun without a permit.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I've seen that yesterday in the news. Eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: There's no way, yeah, right, And.
Speaker 6: This goes into effect on July fourth, like fourth of July, fourth of July. It's gonna be a bunch of pursing, right, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a setup.
Speaker 3: So you eighteen years old, you can go to the store and buy a fire arm.
Speaker 1: Yep, you don't need a p to purchase.
Speaker 6: You don't need a registration of firearms, you don't need license to own, and you don't need a permit to carry.
Speaker 1: Nope, you don't.
Speaker 2: That's going to end well Yep.
Speaker 1: Louisiana reportedly uses slave labor in their prisons. I mean, this is what we know.
Speaker 6: For people who don't know, that's some news I just dropped on y'all. And Nola is the sixth most sixth most dangerous city in the world. This is so intentional that I wrote that.
Speaker 1: I have to say.
Speaker 6: I'm let me just say, this is so intentional, right, Mark, And I also dug up this quote. Right, I know may be doing this, but this is a meaningful one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: A Phoenie Chikor said America will give you all the tools that you need to destroy yourselves.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: In fact, that's very much Yeah, that just trumps any any other quote he ever said.
Speaker 2: This is what happens, like just can't go to sleep and she stays up and watches it washing its This is how we get in, you know.
Speaker 1: And I just think it's crazy. And I saw one law maker and said, this is going to lower the crime rate?
Speaker 6: What you know, what I mean, they're intentionally setting kids up, setting you know, black people up.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: I just think you're eighteen to be able to have that much power in your hand and not necessarily be grown. I think it's it creates It creates a big problem because.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest problem is that there's no background checks. Whatsoevernumber one, you're only eighteen. Yeah, you know, like clearly they're not doing any type of mental competency test. Nothing, like you can just walk into a store and get a gun. Nobody knows what your emotional well being is, your mental well being nothing.
Speaker 3: But you're not even grown yet. Just to just imagine the things that you did at eighteen. Yeah, right, you're getting in the fights, and you know what I'm saying, you're not even mature. Now you have a firearm in your hand that you feel like gives you even more power.
Speaker 6: Lot of teens that are still angry and has so much strumped up anger at eighteen.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And and now listen there, it doesn't cover you know, you can't get a rifle or shotgun.
Speaker 3: Only handguns. You know how easy they are to get already. We usually can get a handgun at I mean a rifle of shotgun at sixteen usually.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, this doesn't cover that, saying no for that, but the handguns. Yeah crazy, All right, So that's the recipe for disaster.
Speaker 1: I have a July fourth.
Speaker 3: And then not only that, when the police pull you over when you got a handgun on you, Now that's another thing they got worried about.
Speaker 2: Not dead because it's it's clearly illegal, right you shure you sure.
Speaker 4: Your yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the fact that if you have enough time to pull out your license registration, if the police police pulls you over with a hand, good on you.
Speaker 1: And then the legislation that eliminates the option for parole.
Speaker 6: They set them up like they're literally setting them up to be killed and put thrown in jail forever and said okay. In other news, Jennifer Lewis almost died after falling ten feet.
Speaker 2: I saw that, man.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 6: Jennifer Lewis had a ball fall two years ago that almost took her life. She recently spoke about the incident in an interview with Robin Roberts, and this is what she said.
Speaker 1: I saw the infinity pool out on my deck.
Speaker 3: So I went out and I'm walking.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden, criticle.
Speaker 14: I had fallen ten feet into a dry ravine full of boulders and stones and sharp rocks. Robin, there was a non sectioned off and there was no sign that said caution. My right hip took the impact, my shoulder went up against the stone and pitch black. I didn't know I was falling, nothing would move.
Speaker 6: And yep, and she was vacationing in Africa after wrapping film or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, and so she said.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she was reading like a good audio scripted.
Speaker 1: Original, Yes, like May Angelou or something. I was like, oh my god, this is so nice. But it wasn't. Because she also said that she thought that she would die.
Speaker 14: There are wild animals, because when Laurie shined her flashlight down there, she didn't know there was a kate buffalo ten feet away. When Laurie ran to get help, I heard a lion roar. My last thought, because I am Jennifer Lewis, was what ahead.
Speaker 1: The king ain't the queen.
Speaker 6: I'm glad she can laugh about it, because I was ready to say, listen, next time you come up here, she ain't gonna be hitting no.
Speaker 2: Splits storyteller is I think a little bit of hot sauce might have got put on that story.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: They both.
Speaker 2: Do they exist in the same terrain.
Speaker 1: I don't know a buffalo and a lion in Africa. You know, things be different, she.
Speaker 3: Said, Africa, things be different.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if I'm the lion, I would rather the buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not necessarily.
Speaker 9: Not.
Speaker 3: If somebody's just laying there, you ain't gotta fight them Buffalo wings though, Shut up, yo.
Speaker 6: She fell in the whole ditch of rocks and boulders, shark ten feet She said. The fall was like boom, and her friend would flashed that flashlight down there, and she saw the buffalo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm looking at mad videos of buffalo and lione fight and she and.
Speaker 1: She ran to go get help. Oh my god, and she heard the lion roar, so she gotta do.
Speaker 2: Ye would have been easy to eat. I'm saying, buffalo and no joke, the biggest hall lawn that's not moving. How did they get them? For the wings?
Speaker 6: How they were But you know what you are dumb. That is not what we're doing here. Buffalo wings do not come from a buffalo.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's wrap this up. That's Jess with the mess for the second hour.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I have missed the buffalo. We hive me your dog.
Speaker 2: I need a woman named Jennifer lin Rossi to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with her. Please, okay. She is a prime example of why you don't mess with nobody churn. But as parents, we gotta make better choices when people do mess with our charin. We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast s lookalboarding.
Speaker 1: Let's don't be a dunky because right now you want some grip.
Speaker 3: It's time for Donkey of the day, so we have before I need to be a man with the heat.
Speaker 4: Did she get today?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Doesn't I had become Donkey of the day the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Bitch you.
Speaker 2: Yes, donkey today for Wednesday March. Third Teeth goes to a forty five year old Texas mother named Jennifer Lynn Rossi. Salute to Jennifer Lynn Rossi. She's a mother and I understand going above and beyond for our kids. Okay, we all should, all right, don't let nobody.
Speaker 3: Play with your churn.
Speaker 2: And you have to be willing to go scuorshed earth. You have to be willing to burn everything to the ground to protect your child. But you don't want to put yourself in a position where you go too hard and end up in jail. Okay, because if you do something to protect your child and it causes you to lose your freedom, then you won't be here to protect your child anyway, So it defeats the whole purpose.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: It's so easy to get tricked off the street as a parent because if somebody messages with your child, God forbid, somebody hurts your child, that is a good enough justification to knuck always. But the law is still the law. So if you go to seek parental revenge because somebody mess with your child and you break the law, then well you going to jail. That's what happened to Jennifer Rossi. See, her son was getting a slightly bully, meaning somebody was stealing from him at school. Okay, stealing his drink to be more specific. So Jennifer decided to take matters in her own hands and teach this defaul lesson. That's called it. ABC seven News for the report.
Speaker 1: Police you know also knew this morning.
Speaker 12: A mother from San Antonio is behind bars after she allegedly tainted a gatorade for her son's classmate. Core records say that the forty five year old mixed to lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and gatorade together in a sports bottle before instructing her ten year old to give it to his classmate who had stolen.
Speaker 2: His drink the day before.
Speaker 12: But shortly after the child consumed the drink, he became sick and was taken to the hospital. Now, though the drink was non toxic, Jennifer Rossi was still charged with injury to a child causing bodily injury.
Speaker 2: Now, let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: It was non toxic.
Speaker 2: Though, right, it was non toxic. But let me tell that young man someting. You could have swallowed a lot worse. Pause. Okay, yo, lemon salt, vinegar, gatorade. That ain't nothing but ingredients to clean a sink. Okay, you chased that down with a shot at apple side of vinegar. Now you have created a concoction for steady and healthy weight loss. But think of all the other things that could have been in that drink, like bodily fluids. Okay, could have been urine, could have been vaginal with this child, could have been the seeming of an eight month old Siberian husky. There's a lot of different things Mama could have put in that drink. You're lucky she didn't hit you with some good old fashioned roots. Yes, voodoo say voodoo, jes see, I know some women. I know some women you play with their kids, they gonna give you something to drink that will make you fought uncontrollably for duration to set spell. Okay, not no normal farts either, the kind that is never silent, loud, aggressive, probably even burn a little when the past through your ainus. Can you imagine never being able to silently fart ever again, and every time you fought it hurts. That's what would happened to you if you play with the wrong person's kids. So you kind of got off easy. Okay. Lemon salt and vinegar. That ain't nothing but a douche douche.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Notice that I know it's not you put some salt in yeah, right on fire.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, it's just vinegar. It's vinegar and something else. But it ain't no salt.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, Jennifer's a nurse and she, like you just said it. She says she knows the mixture to be non toxic. Correct, what the victim still got sick? Okay, you know why the victim got sick. Probably dehydrated. Little boy probably didn't have enough water in the system. That's starting vining coul drive his ass right up. But once again, you're lucky you didn't end up somewhere coughing up a frog, young man. Okay, stop stealing from people, young man. But that's not why we are here. We are here because his parents, as adults, we must make better decisions, We must make better choices, because we must believe in the golden rule. Yes, what you do to someone will ultimately come back to you. You shouldn't do to someone else's child what you wouldn't want done to yours. But that said, there was other ways to hands of the situation. A phone call to the principal, phone call to the teachers, a phone call to the child's parents. Better yet, pull up to the school and complain, see the child's parents, see the child's parents face to face, and figure it out. I know that sometimes you can't wait for others to do it. You want to take things into your own hands. I agree with that, unless that thing you're taking into your own hands is somebody else's child. Because now you gotta smoke with me as a parent. Okay, I know that my son was a d head and he had no business stealing your child's drink, But you don't have no old business doing something that could potentially hurt my child. Now I need a piece of your hair. Okay, I need a piece of your hair to take it to my doctor. You know, and one little mix, one little mix walk up to you right after schooling. Now I'm going to have you sexually attracted the Golden retriever for the rest of your life. Ah, the duration of such spell. Please give Jennifer linn Rossi the sweet sounds of the Hamilton's fleece.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog gee.
Speaker 6: Of the.
Speaker 3: Dog gee. Oh the day yee.
Speaker 2: You got that stupid look on your face in me, you are totally wrong. Okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: You gave the little boy who was hospitalized too much smoke. First of all, should feel what if he was poor and didn't have his own juice?
Speaker 1: You don't even know this.
Speaker 3: Wh Are you stealing from my kid? And bully and my kid though, But you can't steal from my and my kid ain't got no gatorading heirs the all day long, we said bullying, bullying.
Speaker 2: That's what they call it, slightly bullying. Oh, because he stole the gator I guess he had been harassed. He always harassed. The little has my son. He always harassed my son.
Speaker 3: A little, short, little kid can't fight back, can't do anything back.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what I don't know if the little boy is shorting all.
Speaker 3: And if he said harassed, that means they probably complained before he was harassed. And now I complain, they don't do nothing. And this little kid, your little son, is still bullying my stop.
Speaker 2: Stealing from I got something for you.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna diarrhea all day.
Speaker 1: So this is built up, yes, from okay, the sort of little concoction.
Speaker 3: She probably complained and they did nothing.
Speaker 2: By the way, you shouldn't do stuff like that anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway. What if he was allergic the vinegar? What if he was allergic to like? What if from my son and bullying my.
Speaker 2: But she shouldn't be trying to hurt the other little boy too. There the other way in handle that. Jesus, she's a forty five year oldoman. This is ten year old kids.
Speaker 6: We be talking about teach his son how to kick him, and the donats nothing that could work too.
Speaker 2: You got to teach you kids stick up for themself.
Speaker 1: He's trying to raise a little science.
Speaker 3: Is serial okayttle short, little sons and they're just big ass football player. Now I gotta kick him in and us. And then then he dragged my son all through the playground. Make it worse.
Speaker 1: Where are you bullied as a kid? I was okay, I can now, Lord, somebody stole his juice?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: The mom messed up. The mom shouldn't said give the boys. Mom should have said nothing. Mom should just.
Speaker 9: You know that.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't said nothing.
Speaker 2: The mom shouldn't have did that to the little boy at all. Little child.
Speaker 3: The boy shouldn't be bullied my child.
Speaker 2: Sure, but there's other ways to handle that.
Speaker 12: Mmm.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for that, donkey.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Ernie Hudson will be joining us.
Speaker 2: It's a legendary Ernie Hudson Winston from Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Ye see the black guy from Ghostbusters. That that's the easiest way to do it. No, yes, man has the name Winston.
Speaker 2: Is that a more.
Speaker 1: Only black guy that was on that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ernie will be joining us when we come back, of course, cetamore, Ernie Hudson. They're launching Ghostbusters. It comes out next week and we'll talk to them when we come back.
Speaker 4: So don't move.
Speaker 3: It's to Breakfast Lugal Morning, the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. That's right, the brother Ernie Hudson. Welcome, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's great to be here.
Speaker 2: Ghostbusters is back Frozen Empire in March twenty second.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's I saw it a couple of days ago, and I'm excited about it. It's a good movie. I think it's what the fans have been sort of hoping for since the first couple. I think it's a big movie and there's a lot going on, but I feel good about it.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about the legendary role in the Ghostbusters. Now, how did you get that role? We've seen you in the eighteen we've seen you in Dukes of Hazard, But how did you get the role for Ghostbusters?
Speaker 2: How did that come about?
Speaker 11: Well, they had a movie called Space Center with Peter Strawns and Molly ring Wall back in eighty two. We shot in eighty two, came out in eighty three and it was a big studio movie, but it didn't get the traction like a Ghostbuster. I even Rerightman produced that movie. Harold Ramis was one of the writers, and a year later they were doing Ghostbusters. I thought I'd automatically be able to get an audition, but they refused to see me because the character and Space Hunter was just very different character. He was bigger than life. My head was shaved, you know, and so I couldn't get an audition. It took me months before I could get an audition for the film, and finally they saw me after it seemed like they had seen everybody and I knew I sort of did really well in the audition, but I went. They had me come in maybe about six times, put me on screen tests three times, and eventually, you know, I guess I just went out against a whole bunch of other folk who was one of those things where you feel like people would rather have somebody else, but.
Speaker 4: You know, in case we can't find anybody else, we got earned over here.
Speaker 11: And I always say, by the time I got the part, it was like I can't even celebrate, you know, I'm like me and the kids everything so long. Yeah, I'm like, you know, yeah, you know, a aren't you excited that you got the role. Yeah, but I mean it's been you know, in three months.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like they wanted another white person or did you feel like it was race back then?
Speaker 11: No, Well, as a black man, everything that's ever happened in my life, I can attribute it to race on some level in my mind. I could do that if I wanted to, you know, but I also realized it's much more complicated than that. I knew that they wanted a person of color because I think originally they thought about Eddie Murphy. Eddie had worked with Danny Aykroyd and that's what would have been. But Eddie was doing I think Beverly Hills Come, so he was busy. So then it became well, let's get some so a lot of my you know, Hispanic friends. It was seeing pretty much anybody. But so, yeah, so they were definitely wanted person of color. But the thing was in The Space Hunter, the character is bigger than life, was kind of a take charge guy, and I think they felt that wasn't the character to be with in this movie because he had to be, you know, that fourth man on the team and not had Addie Murphy done, it would have been a whole different time, you know different things. So so you know, I don't know, you know, I always in Hollywood, I always say you never know when you're working, you don't really know why you're working. And if you're not working, you'll never know why you're not working because nobody will ever tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the first bunch of advertisements, we didn't see the brother, right, Yeah, we didn't see that brother at first. We see the three white guys with a ghostbuster.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, later on we started seeing the brother pop up. So I was like, That's what always made me feel like, damn, was it supposed to be another oversea but yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: There was always an excuse, you know.
Speaker 11: But I've always attributed the work I do or in this business, like when I was growing up, you know, trying to get a girlfriend. You know sometimes you you know the girl, she will let you sort of you know, come over to the house, but she ain't never gonna as we say, Shane, don't never going to give you nothing.
Speaker 4: Because you ain't. You ain't you know what I'm saying. But you think you are.
Speaker 11: You keep going over there and hope, and I think with the studios, especially at that time, they kind of wanted you around to do your job, but not necessarily to be that fun person because all the excuses, you know, soloverseeds or whatever, so you're not intended to be that guy. It's not necessary to put you on the poster, it's not necessary to include you in the promotion. And that just was, you know, taken for granted.
Speaker 3: When did that start to change, because we've seen the change a little bit, and why to change?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm a huge change and certainly in the past fifteen years, you know, because I mean I see things on TV that when I came out here in the sixties, you couldn't even convinced me. You know, I see you know, brothers and sisters producing and you know, not only was it not done, we didn't even think it would be possible. So the assumption was they ain't never going to whoever that big day is. And that was a big thing to overcome. And it took a lot of younger generations to come along and show us old guys that yeah, no, no, you can you can ask, you can step up and it's possible.
Speaker 4: But it took a while.
Speaker 2: It felt like back then it was it was it was much more organic too, Like now it feels like a lot of forced diversity.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, once you sort of get an idea, oh, let's open it up, then you go oh, well yeah, so everything is sort of there's the original, there's there's you know, what's serious, and then you get a bunch of people imitating. Oh well, if they made money doing that, we don't. Oh they did. They had a black guy Starr and the thing, then we can get one too. But they got a creative guy. They they there was a reason for him being there. Now it's just a matter of it wasn't just because he was black. Oh we'll do that show and we'll just we'll get anybody. And sometimes I feel like the demand for skill and talent in some areas isn't as high.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 11: Some of them has to do with content. I mean, it made a lot of movies, TV shows. I don't know how people find stuff on TV. There's a lot of it, and some of it isn't very well thought out. How did that ever get made? And who is this person? And why is he where he come from? So you're gonna get a lot of that, and maybe that's not a bad thing, But the real creative stuff. You know it, you can feel that, you can see it, and I hope we don't lose that because at a certain point you know that that the people who will demand excellency. And also I think sometimes I'm just speaking for an African American and sometimes we will In the old days we would do well if that's what they want to see. I can do that too, and we do a lesser version of our own story because we think that's what they want to see. So a lot of has changed. It's a lot of play, but it's it's moving, but it's I think moving in the right direction, and hopefully it doesn't change.
Speaker 4: We did Roots.
Speaker 11: When Roots came out, it was the biggest television show in history. I mean, it's huge, and we got all excited because we thought this is going to open the door. We're gonna work now in the door closed.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that was after you've proven the success with the ratings, Why wouldn't they make more of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would think. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think it's a fear of losing fear if we open that door and they're gonna come through.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 11: This is just you know, people ask me things and I answer, I don't know if I'm just telling you what I fit, So it might be whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think it's a fear. It's a big fear of if I let you be all you can be, then who's gonna want me?
Speaker 2: Fear a black planet?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's like, you know, I mean, if the girl wants you, then why would she want me? You go because you bring something to you know, It's it's a lack of confidence in what you you bring. You know what I mean, you don't that you you're creative, you don't have to steal everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the colonize is gonna colonize. But I can't help my nature.
Speaker 11: And I'm not gonna I'm not gonna kick you out of space program. I mean, it's like we can all play it.
Speaker 3: We got more with Ernie Hutson when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, good morning. Everybody is dj n V, Jess Hilaris Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Ernie Hudson. He's the from Ghostbusters movie that comes out next week. He's the brother. He's a black guy in Ghostbusters. I when you got the when you got the script for Ghostbusters, right, what was your first reaction? Right, these big packs on your back and you're shooting goals. I don't know if you believe in ghosts or not. Then you say this ain't gonna do nothing? Or was it one of those things like this could be a hit?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: Man, when I got scripted, I've been fortun to come on. You're always looking for that thing that that won, you know, that role. And I was a single dad after two sons I was raising and uh, and you're always hoping for them. You know, it's the dad, and dad's going up for this, Dad's going up for that. I got this script and I thought, Man, if I get this role, I mean it was it was the role came in the very beginning of the movie, and it was all the way through. It was a great role.
Speaker 3: You know it was a sequel.
Speaker 11: You knew this was gonna be long enough. I know this is gonna I don't care if we just do this. If they let me do this world, so it's gonna be a whole different player. And uh, let my boys raided and we are all excited. And I knew when I went into the audition. I'm you know, it's one of those things where this is this is my moment, and I went in and killed it.
Speaker 4: You know, this is mine.
Speaker 11: And then when they it didn't happen, it was like, oh, we want me to come back again. It's like, because I know, I don't know what I could do different. But so the original script was that now by the time we got to the movie, the character had been basically cut down and there have been a lot of changes, you know, and suddenly that wasn't the thing I signed up for.
Speaker 3: Remember what you got paid first the first one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it's probably any secret. And I'm saying this because I look back on all this ghostbus and stuff. It's a real learning experience. It was exactly what I needed to do to be able to be where I am now. So whatever minimum was, I think probably for Ghosts Busts, I might have made forty grand for the whole movie.
Speaker 2: What about Mercy, Like, because you know y'all had toys, y'all was on lunch boxes.
Speaker 11: I've seen my face everywhere, even to the point where where you know, they take my history, you know, my personal history put it on the box. But you know, you sign these things unless you got a real good attorney who can nail some things down, you never see that money.
Speaker 2: Damn even for the march was your likeness? Yeah, no, you get a protact, you shoot the studio up, man, Come on you.
Speaker 4: You never you never never see any of that.
Speaker 11: Now, I will say, the other guys in the movie, they had good attorneys, and so they have made a lot of money, you know. And uh, now the audience don't know the difference. You know, they just assume certain things. Relatives assume certain things. But then you but it's how do you make peace with yourself? I mean, how do you go? Okay, I didn't handle that well. But how do I still feel good about myself? How do I still get up in the morning? How do I still you know, keep stepping forward? And I think that's, you know, the key to I have a lot of friends, a lot of people I've known who come out to Hollywood. Uh and after a few years they leave angry, you know, and what the studio did and didn't do, and you know, but that's not how I want to live my life, you know what I mean. I want to stand you know, I'm seventy eight years old. I'm still want to be able to get up, feel good, and you know, I want to have a good life and be an example of what's possible.
Speaker 3: But so much of that he said seventy eight eight.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 11: Whenever I say that and people don't say anything, I say, no, Yeah, I'm very blessed. But I also know that we When I was a kid, my grandmother taught me that Jesus says He's the light of the world, but we're all the lights of the world, and so we have a responsibility to be an example of what's possible. So, whether I'm in this business or just in life, you want to show up, you know, showing what's possible. You know that you know, and you know you see it and you glow and whatever and that. Yeah, that's what God can do as opposed to you know, in this country, maybe in the world. You know, people of color, certainly African Americans, Africans, you know, they try to sell on how much less. So you definitely want to step up and be all that you can be in spite of what the circumstances look like.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about what did you think about the all Women's Ghostbusters. Well, reviews weren't too great.
Speaker 11: Well, I, you know, we had a different time when then I grew up, you know, and it's a lot about empowering women, and I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good thing. But how we do it could be you know, discussed.
Speaker 11: I didn't mind that All Women Ghostbusters as much as I didn't think it should be a reboot, you know, just make another movie. I mean, it's been thirty years. You don't got to do the same story. So that was my biggest complaint. All the women and it are brilliant and funny, and I'm a fan of all of theirs. I just thought it was executed differently than I would have done it, and the fans were expecting something different. I don't think it was. I don't think it's a terrible movie. Actually it's kind of fun. But I don't think it was what the fans were expecting. And I think the movie after that movie, after Life Ghostbusters after Life was kind of a reinjuredduction to the original idea of Ghostbusters. And I think in this one coming out is now we're into we step further into it.
Speaker 2: How was it continuing the Ghostbusters franchise without how well, you know, Harold was a glue.
Speaker 11: He was a magnet that held everybody together because everybody had their personalities and people would sort of go in different directions. But Harrol just had that way of pulling, keeping things on course and keeping the games together. And for a lot of things that came up for me, a lot of that sort of learning we talked about. Harold was always a guy who would just go hey, and he just you know, and he would kind of explain things.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, for me, it Ghostbusters I started.
Speaker 11: We talked about how the movie was kind of disappointing because they cut a lot of the parts. And over the years, what I do like about the franchise is Winston who sort of came in looked for a job. The land was his steady paychecking and I believe anything you say to.
Speaker 4: You know, over the.
Speaker 11: Years, he's become a billionaire and now he owns the ghost Busses franchisees, and he's now kind of the Nick Fury of the ghost Busters, and he's taken into another level. He's interested in the science of what's really behind the ghosts, and so there's another level to Winston that I appreciate the fact that they introduce and it makes him more of an interesting, interesting guy to play.
Speaker 3: So what is the Frozen Empire about? And for some of the younger generation that might not have seen the original Ghostbusters, do they have to see the originals to see to understand Frozen Empire?
Speaker 11: No, No, I don't think so. I think it's it's definitely for the fans. But yeah, no, I think the movie stands up, you know, on its own. Obviously, were the legacy US old Ghostbusters, you know, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Anti Pots, We're sort of there, but then it's a new team, a new family that we met in the Ghostbusters Afterlife. But it's yeah, it's kind of blending the two. It's kind of a nice But I hope this opens the door to move into other areas. I mean, every culture has its ghost stories and you know, all over the world. I'd like to see that, and I'd like to see some serious ghost busses where we get to deal with some not so funny demons that a lot of people believe in and live their lives by it.
Speaker 4: So I'd like to I think it has a lot of possibilities. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I believe that there are other dimensions. I think we only have five senses. If it doesn't show up in one of those five senses, wouldn't even know it's there. So there's a lot more going on. I think we all know that. You know, here, you know, we're finding rays and things that we didn't even know existed. I don't know how the telephone gets through the walls, but it's it's happening. So as we discover more. But yeah, I believe that I don't believe this is the end of our existence.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've you know, I grew up in the culture that believed uh, and I've always believed that. I'm I've been guided by you know, ancestors, you know, family. I think we're I think there. I think we're not in this alone. And I think unfortunately some people don't understand. I think if people believe that, they would probably make better choices.
Speaker 3: I always want to know the theme song, Yeah, Ray Parker, Ray Parker, that theme song was so big. It's probably one of the biggest theme songs when it came down. Do you know how that came about or was that just the producers or had so much soul back then, I mean it.
Speaker 11: Was yeah, yeah, no, I well, I don't think you can separate the movie from the song. I mean, I think the studios probably would have liked to have done something else, but it's just it's you know, it's in the DNA, you know. And Ray Parker, you know who wrote the song. I think he and I don't know the whole deal, but I think maybe the studio didn't expect it to be the song and probably gave him a lot more of the rights than they expected. So he's doing very very well, you know. So you know, I can walk into his fourier of his house and I go, Okay, you got paid. We got a better deal than I did.
Speaker 2: So no, I've seen some stories about that, that Gray Paulk and that's all. He made some money.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, he'll be in town. Actually he'll be in town. So he's a good dude too, So I'm very happy.
Speaker 13: And he's right.
Speaker 3: I think he wrote mister Telephone Man like he's he's busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we appreciate you joining us. I know you got to go, and good luck the movie comes out. March twenty seconds and The Ghostbusters, The Frozen Empire. Ernie Hudson.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joinings, but I appreciate you, guys, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning. Everybody, be all to Breakfast Club. DJ n B, Jess Larry Charlamagne, the God and let's get to just with the miss This is real.
Speaker 4: Just go Rob the Lord just don't do you know?
Speaker 3: Live Just is gonna bring you numbers.
Speaker 4: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Stat slashes.
Speaker 6: Okay, y'all after getting off the phone with you know some of my people at m alright, it's the hospital in Manchester Infirmary. Two women died after being served chicken Mao sandwiches at a hospital in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Now they died from lysteria.
Speaker 6: Both women had underlying health issues, and they died days later. This all happened while there was a nationwide alert for a hysteria breakout. For those who don't know what listeria is, I'm coming, I'm coming. It's a bacteria that contaminates food. Lysteria itself isn't fatal, but it can cause an illness called listeriosis, which can be which can be fatal for people with weakened immune systems. All right, so the source of the bacteria was linked to an external food supplier, not the hospital kitchen, because I know y'all probably like, well, if if the sandwiches came from inside the hospital, that's.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I thought.
Speaker 6: But after you know, meeting with my team of researchers there, right, it's not going and it's not going on the hospital because they get is going going on who they get their food from, an external food supplier, North Country Quality Foods, not the kitchens at the hospital. They're putting together a jury of five men and two women, which began on Monday.
Speaker 1: So it's still going on now.
Speaker 6: North Country Quality Food supplied the chicken to the Good Food Chain, the sandwich makers.
Speaker 1: All right, so they are the sandwich makers.
Speaker 6: And look, the Good Food Chain made up to forty thousand sandwiches a day, supplying around seventy hospitals.
Speaker 1: Now, listen the victims.
Speaker 6: One victim was a Jamaican fifty six year old retired nurse with breast cancer.
Speaker 1: She died two days later.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, energy can't send a healing energy. Listen listen England, Okay, listen. The other was an eighty four year old retired chemist shop assistant.
Speaker 1: She had a weekend immune system too.
Speaker 6: Neither of them had any other notable reasons to cause death other than the fact that they were both served the chicken sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Now, I know you got your UK sources and they've been feeding you all this news. And yeah, I'm sorry for that family and their losses. But why that story from twenty nineteen? What what I'm just asking.
Speaker 1: Because our listens so it links to the recall world.
Speaker 6: Y'all, hysteria has is trying to take over again, right because okay, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: On don't care today? Do I chime in on what's going on?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I only reask me question I next you nothing So the recall world and this may affect your household to shredded bags of cheese from the Sargento brand is being recalled to you because there has it contains listeria as well. Yeah, the turkey sauce, the turkey sausage. They put turkey sauce, what the hell? From the Johnsonville brand and the those soul the dose salad kits, they're all containing listeria.
Speaker 1: Picking it up, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Just listen to finish.
Speaker 6: And then it's like, why is there so many recalls on our food supply? So that's also telling us something as well. I believe it's population control and it's other ways for the.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: Come on, pregnancy senses? Don't over right now? Hospital to make money, to.
Speaker 2: Make more money, Okay, okay, I like I like the ten foil pool sisty math you got on right.
Speaker 1: Now, Thank you so much. Yes, yeah, so be proud of me and just shut up. All right. That's just what it is, y'all.
Speaker 6: So, you know, prayers up to their family, But y'all need to really really think about the stuff that y'all are shopping for, because I don't know, like why they're contaminating our food so much.
Speaker 1: That's what we really need to be worried about.
Speaker 6: We feed Sargento cheese, bags of shredded cheese, the Mexican cheese like to our families, our kids and all of that.
Speaker 4: They care.
Speaker 2: They care about capitalism, so you know, everybody's just trying to make money. So they're throwing all types of products and everything in the food. It's just the chemicals and all kinds of other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just really, really horrible.
Speaker 2: So I like your UK sources.
Speaker 1: Though, thank you. I'll be back with more UK news tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I hope this ain't just London feeding you stuff. What London?
Speaker 1: Who's London anyway?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Porsche Williams.
Speaker 1: So I have a theory on what's going on.
Speaker 6: You know my opinion, O pushe is experiencing some type of car I'm right now, and I know she's gonna be mad, all right, Karma, Yeah, Falling Painter used to be you know, Philippin, I mean Felon will Body, You're right. She was married to Simon Goubadi before Porsche. Uh. Failing and Porsche were on the Real Housewives of Atlanta together. Most people believe that Porsche played Failing to get next to her husband because when they was introduced, Fallon brought Porsche to our house, right and whole time she was out to get her husband. Okay, okay, Now Porsche is experiencing the same thing. Porsche's the voice is with Simon even isn't even final? What the hell is y'all writing? Porsche's the voice with Simon isn't even final? And people are already connecting him to another woman, right, but now this has not been like, this hasn't been confirmed or whatever.
Speaker 1: He was on a boat chatting with a woman or whatever. But apparently that's his next victim.
Speaker 6: And this is a woman that a lot of people because he's not telling these women that he is a scammer.
Speaker 1: Okay, allegedly that's what you know with my sources. I feel like, but this is my thing.
Speaker 6: You was so happy to get married to this man or whatever, and you didn't find out what he did. Now I understand that's why she At first I thought it was for a storyline for her to come back to the Royal Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: But I feel like she she just didn't check. She didn't know. She was so happy. You know, they had like four or five weddings. We'll pay for that. You know, she's all she on vacation every week. Who was playing for that? You know, all types of stuff.
Speaker 2: Is going on.
Speaker 1: You know, you didn't like what did he do?
Speaker 6: Now he said that he works in oil and all of that, right, but it's just giving scam, all types of scam.
Speaker 1: And now that she's married for him and he's in all this debt.
Speaker 6: You know, No, I'm not gonna put because I'm a little bit of Nigerian too, and I don't appreciate you saying that. You know, but now that is coming out, he got all this debt and stuff. She's married to him, so she don't want any of her money being taken away and nothing like that. So she yeah, she bouched it, but she wouldn't be going through this had she gotten to know the man before she married him instead of just wanting to be in at lifestyle.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's what it is. So that's my thory in y'all. I don't have to say nothing.
Speaker 3: Just with the mess.
Speaker 2: You know, people gonna say something, they're gonna be all in the comments.
Speaker 1: Well that's on them.
Speaker 2: I probably gonna say something.
Speaker 1: Well it it doesn't matter. I have sources. O.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's just with the mess. When we come back, we got the people's choice, Max.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: It's Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history.
Speaker 4: Check out this phenomenal woman.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is dj n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage, the guy we are. The Breakfast Club is Women's History Month and we are wrapping Young at May today.
Speaker 6: Yes, I love her name looks, so I'm gonna say again. Katura Casanova Marrero better known as Young a Man. All right, so she has been repping the Rainbow flag proudly, and in fact, she told us the Breakfast Club that she knew she was gay around the first grade. The Brooklyn native has been wrapping from the age of nine and has released two mixtapes before her twenty sixteen single Ooh, we love that song. We love that song about No, that's not how we say. We just say ooh, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much ed.
Speaker 6: The song peaked at number sixteen on the Billboard Hot one hundred and went platinum five times.
Speaker 1: I love her so much.
Speaker 2: I really love how you repping for the studs this week. Absolutely amazing. People don't really acknowledge the studs like they should. They don't get studs of respect they deserve. Even though I think studs are toxic, You know.
Speaker 1: What, you think studs are toxic?
Speaker 4: Not all?
Speaker 2: But man, have you ever seen two studs in a relationship two scorn studs?
Speaker 1: That is not two scorn studs in a relationship, do you know.
Speaker 3: Studlationship with each other, with each other man, Oh my god, No, that's like younger man Snoop going together.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. To imagine how that would Begine, I don't want to imagine. No, no, no, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, salute to Ellen's generous who you gave, you gave all you rep Monday.
Speaker 1: That was Monday Day.
Speaker 3: It was Snoop, It was Snoop. Yeah, today is young man. You can't wait for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't even tell you all tomor because this is a real good one.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody in CJ n V. Jess, Hilario, Schelaman the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here, charlam mate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to remind y'all thank you to everybody who's been getting their tickets for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which happens April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman Yards. Okay, Wallow and Gilly gonna be on that podcast stage. Just hilarious. With Carefully Reckless gonna be on that podcast stage. Dre and Lex from the Poor Minds Podcast gonna be on that stage. Mandy and Weezy from Horrible's Decisions gonna be on that stage. The Ball Alert Show gonna be on that stage. Debbie Brown with Deeply Well gonna be on that stage. Will Lucas with Black Tech Green Money gonna be on that stage. So make sure you get your tickets. We sold out last year, looking like we're gonna sell out again this year. So thank you to everybody who's been getting their tickets at event bright Our go to Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. Okay, it's hosted by Pretty V and b dot. All right, are gonna be hosting the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival this year is so we'll see you April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 6: Y'all, And also y'all, make sure y'all get y'all tickets to the Longer Way to Return for Jesselarious to come to New Jersey Stress Factory Comedy Club.
Speaker 1: Now the other shows are sold out.
Speaker 6: The only show that you can get is That's the Way It's tickets Friday at seven thirty, so got a couple of tickets. I believe it's like forty or fifty left. So make sure you get your tickets. Shaw, I will see y'all. You'll get tickets at jelarius official dot com.
Speaker 2: Crazy part is I think they can only get tickets for your tables. Oh my god, it's only tables. So it's only like tables, okay, y'all.
Speaker 1: So my new manager just from the yeah, well, tell people stop calling you.
Speaker 3: I came in here earlier.
Speaker 6: I was like, hey, y'all, y'all, I'm about to do shows and I just got booked in Columbia, South Carolina.
Speaker 1: He was like, I know they called me, boy, call you everybody around the world.
Speaker 2: They did, but they said, how can we get to Jesseelarius because she's been been down there before. But I guess the old manager isn't there anymore. Yeah, a new one, don't have.
Speaker 6: I used to belong to another agency, but they merged, and it was they went all over the place.
Speaker 2: And they don't. They didn't. They didn't. They didn't get the child.
Speaker 1: That's what you want to be so bad. I'm like, no, I'm not giving you no money.
Speaker 2: I just connected. I connected them to our manager.
Speaker 3: Thank you father.
Speaker 2: The notice this people grow when they are loved well. If you want to help others heal, love them without an agenda. Have a nice day.
Speaker 3: Prep