Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Brook and Jeffrey podcast.
Speaker 2: And did you guys know we have listeners in Japan, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy j Wait, those actually all have super hot men, don't they.
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 2: If you're listening from their DM me after this, k after you hear the full shower.
Speaker 1: I'm just starting right now.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And the other day I mentioned how embarrassed we were for missing National Procrastination Week. Yeah, we were gonna talk about it, but then something happened, I don't know, kind of slipped through the cracks.
Speaker 1: Well, we finally got there.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 4: It's a little late, and I think the reason we were so behind on Procrastination Week is cause and again this is also embarrassing to admit, but we also forgot something else. Oh No, turns out daylight Savings happened.
Speaker 6: A few days ago. No, and we were.
Speaker 4: Supposed to change all the clocks in the studio. Oh, that's probably why we missed nowtional procrastination because all of our clocks we're still on fall time. So I know we're a little late on this, but if you haven't yet, friendly reminder to set your clocks an hour ATAD.
Speaker 1: Nobody does that.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it just automatically happens on your watches, on your phone.
Speaker 4: Not on your ovens, and on your microwaves, which is which is the clocks that we use in the studio.
Speaker 7: You're like, ad, you just don't do it all year and it'll just change back.
Speaker 1: That's what I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's some other things experts say you should have done during daylight savings.
Speaker 1: Should have Okay, so again.
Speaker 4: I know we're late on this, but change the batteries in your smoke alarms.
Speaker 5: Did we do that here?
Speaker 1: I don't think we have smoke alarms.
Speaker 5: Oh well that's a problem.
Speaker 6: Room, No smoke alarm.
Speaker 7: There's a sprinkler in the corner, but I bet it doesn't want to.
Speaker 5: Who designed this from it was terrible.
Speaker 4: Also, clean out your fridge, pantry and medicine cabin. Experts say, do that, Alexis. You did that one though, right in the break room.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Have you been in there. It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how it steeks like there's nothing in the bridge and it still smells really bad.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well we're really behind on pretty much everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah at this point.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just glad that we got to it eventually.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you haven't done all those things like we haven't, get on it. Now, let's get on to the shot colic question of the day and send it over to Digital Jake for some on time trivia.
Speaker 5: Let's do it, Jake.
Speaker 6: Let's hey, would you look at that?
Speaker 8: Today is not only the birthday of rapper Jack Harlow, but according to this ancient sea scroll I just found, it's also the birthday of notorious pirates captain Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 7: Has a fictional birthday.
Speaker 6: One of the.
Speaker 8: Odds of that two Jack's born on the exact same day. No, this type of coincidence cannot go uncelebrated.
Speaker 6: That's why, whether you're.
Speaker 8: In the Caribbean, or Jack Harlow's home state of Kentucky, or actually anywhere in between, we're doing a Jack's Wild edition of blenty of dowenty Jack. Now, each of you will have a chance to answer a question about a famous Jack, and as long as you get it right, you'll stay in the game.
Speaker 6: Get it wrong and you'll be thrown in the brig.
Speaker 3: H Oh, what happens if we don't know Jack Brook us see this morning.
Speaker 6: Let's start with Alexis.
Speaker 8: Though, Alexis, give me a number one through twenty please too, Number two Alexis. This famous Jack was the star of the movie Nacho Lebra, but he also likes to rock, mostly in school.
Speaker 6: Which Jack is it day?
Speaker 1: Finally, when I know Jack fuck?
Speaker 6: Jack Black is correct? Alexis is still in it.
Speaker 8: Let's go over to Brook Brook and number one through twenty please four? Number four Brook This Jack was born in Arlington, Ohio, and became famous for the sport he played. He's also known by the nickname the Golden Bear.
Speaker 6: Who is he?
Speaker 1: Golden Bear?
Speaker 3: It must be some football player because they'd be big, right, Jack Donovan.
Speaker 6: Oh, it sounds like is that your final answer?
Speaker 7: Sounds like a big lineman, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I like you all right? Number eighty two? Jack Donovan pancakes a lot of thought when this one.
Speaker 8: When Brooks said, Jack Donovan, that is not a real person.
Speaker 6: We're looking for.
Speaker 1: Jack Nicholas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he won eighteen major championships as a golfer. He's in California. I went to cow Golden Bear.
Speaker 1: He's an actor. Oh that guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Let's go over to Jose for this next question.
Speaker 6: Brook is out. Jose. You're still in it, all right, Hose. Give me number one through twenty please fifteen, number fifteen, Jose. This fictional Jack is a king.
Speaker 8: He has a dog named Zero, and he's known for the way he walks and his link you walk, Yeah, come on.
Speaker 7: Zero, it has to be.
Speaker 9: I don't know if he's a king, Bill, but Jack Skellington is my answer.
Speaker 8: Jose went with Jack Skellington. That is, he was a king in the Night before Christmas of the Underworld.
Speaker 1: The King Halloween. Yeah all right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Alexis and Jose are still in it. We're over to Jeffrey in round one. Jeff, give me a number one through twenty please, number thirteen, Uber thirteen.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: This infamous Jack shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald. His actions and subsequent trial added another layer of mystery surrounding the assassination of JFK. What Jack am I talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh? Pretty sure.
Speaker 4: They based that Amazon TV show about this guy, Jack Reacher.
Speaker 6: So we were going with Jeff Jack Reacher.
Speaker 5: That's the best guess I have. Jack Reacher. Please.
Speaker 8: Jack r is correct. Jack Reacher is not. We're looking for Jack Ruby, nightclub.
Speaker 6: Owner in Dallas at the time.
Speaker 5: Same thing.
Speaker 8: So Jeff and Brooke are both out. We're down to Alexis and Jose. The next wrong answer loses. We're back to Alexis. Give me number one through twenty ten. Alexis. This Jack started an iconic film such as One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Shining and as good as it gets.
Speaker 6: Name him?
Speaker 1: Okay, I only know the Shining, but it's Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, it said Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 8: That is correct, Jack jacked up.
Speaker 6: Jose, you need this one to stay alive. Give me a number. I'm going to say number one, number one, Jose.
Speaker 8: This Jack is number five on Rankers list of most well known Jacks, and he's the co founder of the rock band.
Speaker 6: The White Stripes.
Speaker 7: Name that Jack is the name White Jack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jose said Jack White. That's correct.
Speaker 5: What how could you know?
Speaker 7: I learned that a long time ago, Very whoa.
Speaker 8: Very famous for their army. We're down to sudden death now, we're running out of time. So this comes down to you. If you get it right, you win.
Speaker 1: You can come out of Jack, you can lose.
Speaker 6: Jose wins.
Speaker 8: She truly doesn't care. No number here just the sudden death question.
Speaker 6: Here you go, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: Countless stories, movies, and books have been made about this infamous Jack that lived in the late nineteenth century and terrorized the town of London.
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 5: You don't Brooks, distant cousin, you know this thing?
Speaker 1: I might have to forfeit, Jake. I don't have one.
Speaker 8: Forfeiting the first ever sudden death of twenty looking for Jackie chan.
Speaker 6: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 8: It was Jack the Ripper, Alexis, and everyone knows that.
Speaker 1: So funny, Jackie, look at a murder podcast fan? Are you know.
Speaker 8: That man is?
Speaker 6: Jose? You're the winner of today's episode of BALENTI try to.
Speaker 10: Work, Jose.
Speaker 4: You get to choose who gets shocked today, and whoever it is is going to be singing loving on me by Jack Harlow only because.
Speaker 9: You're gonna do it the best, Jeff. I gotta go with Jeff Harlowe.
Speaker 4: Alright, I'm Vanilla baby, I'll check you out, and I ain't kill a baby twenty eight telling me I'm still a baby. I got love from Detroit, like that's your shot.
Speaker 1: Question of the.
Speaker 11: Day brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I know that some people hear our show and they'll call us childish? Why are because we pull immature prank calls every single morning?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we play fart noises for cheap laughs. Because some of us still sleep with stuffed animals every single night and practice kissing on them even Yeah. Sometimes, you know what, We're gonna prove how adult we really we are in our next segment by sharing our grown up thoughts and our grown up sensibilities.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm a big girl.
Speaker 5: Things are about to get real adults. What's on your mind? We're gonna do it right now.
Speaker 4: Is there anything more annoying than when it rains on a Sunday?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 5: The whole name of the days? Alie?
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 4: At that point do we call it rain day?
Speaker 5: It sounds like a headache.
Speaker 4: Hopefully no lies or confusion while we do another version of What's on your Mind, where we go around the room and share what we've been thinking about straight up, starting with Brook Brook, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: You know, the older I get, the more it's about the little things that make me happy.
Speaker 5: What does that?
Speaker 3: And for months now I've been tracking who has been using our restroom.
Speaker 5: Who's is this that Homer in the studio?
Speaker 3: No, No, the station building, because we share the women's bathroom with like a whole big corporation.
Speaker 1: It's not just our company.
Speaker 3: So when eight o'clock hits, there are other ladies in there, right.
Speaker 1: I never go in without somebody else in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: And so every day for the last like one hundred and two days, I have been monitoring what stalls they have been using. Oh my god, that listen, because I have figured out the most unused stall in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's five stalls to choose from. I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 3: No one uses the first stall, No one except for me.
Speaker 5: The doors.
Speaker 3: Yes, I go in there sometimes at nine thirty and the toilet seat is still up from the cleaners the night before.
Speaker 1: Your own research, Belie.
Speaker 3: It is like I have my own personal toilet in the women's bathroom because I figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: I think the most used is second to last. No, it's not, no, because everybody's trying to outthink other people, right, so they're all they.
Speaker 5: Into which the toilets they go to. It's just whatever one's open, you use it.
Speaker 4: They clean them every single day.
Speaker 3: I bet if people texting now, they all go to the end because they think nobody uses the end, but they're wrong.
Speaker 1: It's reverse psychology.
Speaker 3: The first toilet stall is the most unused.
Speaker 1: I am standing by it.
Speaker 3: I have done unofficial research and it makes me happy.
Speaker 5: You seem totally.
Speaker 6: Your mind.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 9: So a little while ago, I told you guys that I was thinking about maybe one day adopting a pete. This is a while back, yeah, yeah, right, So I'm starting to get a little more serious about it.
Speaker 5: That's exciting.
Speaker 9: I'm nervous, all right, because you know, it's a big deal to have a pet animals.
Speaker 7: But now I'm back onto cats.
Speaker 1: I think would be good for you really well.
Speaker 7: I mean I grew up with dogs.
Speaker 9: I love dogs, but cats just seem like so much more low maintenance.
Speaker 7: And everyone I talk to you they're just get a cat. Cats are smart. They can feed themselves.
Speaker 1: I mean, or you leave it out. I mean they can for like a weekend if you have food out for them.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm learning.
Speaker 9: So on my upcoming vacation to Hawaii, I have booked a two hour reservation at a cat cafe.
Speaker 5: Is that what happens at a cat cafe.
Speaker 4: You go there, you have coffee, and then you can choose to adopt one of the cats.
Speaker 3: My cat cafes like they'll have a couple of resident cats that live there, and then the rest are like, Yeah.
Speaker 7: That's actually what's kind of asking.
Speaker 4: You, guys, because I heard you were just gonna take one their complimentary with you.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 6: I don't know. To me, it could be the.
Speaker 7: Coolest thing in the world or the worst.
Speaker 9: Like you walk in and it smells like poop, or it's rainbows and butterflies and there's kittens climbing all over me.
Speaker 7: I can't stop lapping.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna go like that.
Speaker 3: You're coming all somewhere in between. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So my fear, though, really is I'm gonna love one too much and then I'm gonna have to pay for a second like first class ticket for it to fly.
Speaker 1: Home with first class.
Speaker 5: So it's very expensive.
Speaker 7: It's going to be an expensive kid.
Speaker 9: So anyway, wish me like and text me and if you've ever been to a cat cafe, give me advice on what it's like.
Speaker 7: I've never been to one.
Speaker 3: Call you cat Daddy, what's been on your mind?
Speaker 13: So last week I decided to get my belly button pierced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is this nineteen ninety eight? No, I missed the wave, but my friends did it at like fifteen, you know.
Speaker 6: And then one of them was.
Speaker 13: Getting hers re pierced, and I was like, yeah, I'll go with you.
Speaker 1: Is it already infected? I just remember everybody had infected.
Speaker 13: That's why they actually told me it's better to get it in your twenties.
Speaker 1: They said to take care of it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So I go get my belly button piers and you know, do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: They like, do the dot. They ask you how it looks and stuff.
Speaker 13: And I'm looking in the mirror and I'm like, definitely like a little crooked, little witch. And I have people please tendency. No, She's like, just let me know, just let me know if it looks off center. And I'm like, am I to question the professional? So I don't say anything.
Speaker 14: I get it pierced, I look down and I'm like, yep, it's crooked. And then I go ask my friends, you know, They're like, yeah, it's like definitely leaning that way.
Speaker 1: It's not the worst thing.
Speaker 13: Though, I'm just gonna like shift my body a little son when I stand straight, I'm gonna lean the other way to like balance it out. But yeah, it's actually like a permanent reminder now of my people pleaser tendencies meaning me wrong.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get the wrong tattoo someday.
Speaker 6: Let them go at it.
Speaker 1: They misspell her own name. She doesn't want to say anything. Probably I'm probably wrong. It's fine, Jeffrey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Would you guys say that I'm maintenance?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, really orders special printer paper.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, seriously, and then if you get your lunch order wrong, you hear about it for six months.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I didn't think I would say maintenance until what just happened recently, because I've been on a big pizza kick and it's from this one awesome pizza place. I don't want to give him a shout out because if I do, they'll be busy forever and that's going to be.
Speaker 5: Inconvenient with me. But they're really good.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, when it gets delivered, they'll put it out on my doorstep, and when I bring it in, I open up the box and it.
Speaker 5: Just looks amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, it smells incredible and I have to take a bite.
Speaker 5: And the problem is it's too hot.
Speaker 1: Wait they get it to your house too quick.
Speaker 5: Too warm.
Speaker 4: But I can't wait because as soon as I see it, I want it. So this is where the high maintenance part comes in, because lately I've been putting in the notes for the delivery driver when he arrives. If he could just wait in the driveway for like three minutes before he drops off the pizza, that would be the ideal amount of cooling time.
Speaker 3: Putn't you just wait when it's on the doorstep three minutes to open the door.
Speaker 4: As soon as I see it, I'm going to open it and need it, and then I'm going to burn my mouth will and I'll add more tip for waiting, like I'm not I'm willing to do that.
Speaker 1: So much money to sit in your car.
Speaker 4: And it's fun because now I get to look out the window and watch him, and he's watching me watch him, and we're both counting down together.
Speaker 9: He tries to open the door, You're like, ah ah, it's not been three minutes.
Speaker 7: Nah, you get back in that car.
Speaker 1: This is strange.
Speaker 5: That's a little stalemate.
Speaker 4: That we have, but it's added a little bit of excitement to the delivery process.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know how anyone would call you high maintenance and.
Speaker 4: Text in seven eighty five nine to two tell us how not high maintenance you are?
Speaker 5: And what's on your mind? It's Brook and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 11: The morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: When we share what's on our minds, the listeners come back and share what's been on.
Speaker 5: There is texting in the seven eighty five nine too.
Speaker 3: It's like my favorite part of today. Yeah, really, I'd love these tests.
Speaker 4: It does make us feel a little bit better. Like this one says, thank you guys for being part of my morning. On certain days, you guys give me a reason to smile.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And then on certain days would make you cry.
Speaker 5: Would say all day, just certain days we make her feel better.
Speaker 7: So it's like daily we're making her cry and then we're cheering her up the next day.
Speaker 1: Sure it's a healthy relationship.
Speaker 5: We go nother Texas. What's on my mind?
Speaker 4: I work for an apartment complex and I hate how people forget how to do anything for themselves once maintenance is involved.
Speaker 5: Wait a whole.
Speaker 4: Day for maintenance to come over when all they have to do is plunge their own toilet, switch their own light bulb. Things they could totally do themselves and act like it's brain surgery. Big slap emoji jo.
Speaker 9: Because I went down as for a light bulb one time and they were like, just call maintenance and I'm like no, no, no, I can do it, and they're like, no, that's their job.
Speaker 1: You don't have to put your own light bulb.
Speaker 7: No, I've never changed a light bulb, none of that.
Speaker 5: Just like living with mom and dad, and now that sexays what's on my mind.
Speaker 4: I found my old wallet from when I was six decade ago, and inside was fifty dollars. I was like, thanks me, that's a lot of yay you. Oh, but they're all crumpled up one so it's a little sketchy anyway. He protects coming in seventy five, nine to two.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: In the dating world, you gotta be on the lookout for red flags. Okay, sometimes you miss them, Like recently, Alexis told us she's been seeing a therapist, which is great, and just the other day she was in a session telling them about the latest dude she met at the gas station.
Speaker 3: Now, oh god, when you started the show, you were meeting dudes at gas station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it always works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy didn't have a car there or most of his teeth. He was just walking around quote looking to make friends. But Alexis gave her phone number to him.
Speaker 13: Anyway, what if I see him again?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, her therapist said, but you saw the red flags though, right, and Alexis responded, Oh, I thought it was a carnival. Gotta love her optimism now. But my promise to you is many, many more red flags, not the carnival kind, coming up when we do a brand new Battle of the Tinder Dates. Oh yeah, pay attention Tolexis. It's coming up right after this.
Speaker 11: Two hopeless das one dating app. Then dares you guys swipe right?
Speaker 16: The question is whose love life is more tragic?
Speaker 11: It's Battle of the Tinder Dates.
Speaker 5: It is the dating game show.
Speaker 4: Who's selling signs with the more attainable life motto? Live, laugh, lower your standards. Yes, it's Battle of the Tender Dates, where two of our listeners square off to find out whose love life is the most tragic. We'll explain the rules in just a second. First, let's meet today's contestants. In this corner, she teaches a fitness class at the local senior home, showing elders how to use their walking canes like stripper poles. Yeah, let's give it up for Granny Annie.
Speaker 1: Doing the lord's work out there.
Speaker 17: Any thank you, You're.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Well, thank you for what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Do we tip you now or later?
Speaker 5: We'll probably do it after this is over.
Speaker 4: And in the other corner, on dates, she likes to play strip poker and intentionally loses the first seventeen hands.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stripping heabity.
Speaker 5: She's known as a bad tell the ship. Here's how a game works.
Speaker 4: One contestant we'll start by telling one of their worst date stories. The other we'll try and come back and counter with the nightmare story of their own. We're going back and forth for three rounds until we declare a winner.
Speaker 5: We're going to start things off with Granny Annie. Let's go.
Speaker 17: So this guy planned a surprise date for me and what looks like a normal cafe, but it turned out to be a cat cafe.
Speaker 6: Oh so fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they're so fun. That's a great date.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, it would be cute, but I'm allergic, and I thought he knew that.
Speaker 1: I mean it's important to check, you know.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So we're there for about two minutes. I started getting sneezing and getting sweet.
Speaker 1: I still win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really tough out that date.
Speaker 9: You probably found out right when you walked in, like, oh wait a minute, that's everywhere.
Speaker 17: Well, he actually admitted that he remembered that I told him about the allergy, and then he wanted to see if I was lying or not.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean most people are lying about their cat.
Speaker 4: And you're allergic to shellfish? Here eat the shrimp. All right, let's go over down the shell can you counter?
Speaker 16: Okay? So I was a dinner with a guy. Yeah, and he tells me that I had something stuck in my teeth.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing it was, it was.
Speaker 16: But instead of me handling it on my own, he came onto my side at the table and took his finger, stuck it in my mouth and tried to get it out.
Speaker 6: Oh what a germ.
Speaker 7: That gross for the kids.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Hopefully Gaily did not say thank you.
Speaker 16: I was mortified because then the waiter came over and asked if everything was okay. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, no, everything's wrong. It's all wrong.
Speaker 16: It's not okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that means throwing it back to you, Annie.
Speaker 17: Okay. So this guy invited me to a hockey game and then he told me he was going to the bathroom and would be back okay. But next thing I know, I see him streaking on the ice. Completely new.
Speaker 5: That's a fun day.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. Did he talk to you about whether or not you'd bail him out?
Speaker 7: You know, by the way, getting onto the ice is really hard.
Speaker 5: What were you thinking when you saw that?
Speaker 17: I didn't know what to say or do. And then they tackled him, and on the way out, I see that he had my name chanted on his butt to impressed me.
Speaker 8: I guess.
Speaker 1: I just feel like that's a really cold arena to go naked.
Speaker 4: Ind it's gonna be tough to thatch it.
Speaker 16: Okay. So I was at drinks for a guy and I work insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 16: So he asked me how my day was, and I told him that I had this customer on the phone who was just time consuming, rude and you know, incompetent whatever, And I asked him how his day was, and he said that he had to deal with this uptight, condescending insurance lady.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, and could it be.
Speaker 16: It turns out that we had already met.
Speaker 5: What are the chances of that?
Speaker 3: It sounds like yout the wrong time?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay on third and final round, which means we need the best worst to date stories, lady.
Speaker 5: So Annie, what have you got?
Speaker 17: Okay? So I met up with this guy and in the first minute he pulls up my Tinder bio and asks me, who's the girl in my first two group photos.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why, no.
Speaker 17: No, and he tells me I think I knew her from high school. But we get her on the phone and he starts yelling and calling her bad name.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 19: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 17: He remembered her from the diner last week and that she didn't tip him.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, so wait, the only reason that this guy went out with you was because he recognized the girl from your Tinder pictures.
Speaker 17: Apparently so, because after he cussed her out, he just walked away.
Speaker 1: Whoa. So he was satisfied.
Speaker 4: Yea, someone got something that Michelle.
Speaker 5: This is your last chance, all right.
Speaker 16: A guy was over at my house. Yeah, I made it clear that I did not want him to spend the night, right, Okay, So he did leave, all right. But the next morning I get and I walk out to my looking room and I seen him sleeping on my porch.
Speaker 1: On your porch? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 16: Yes, he slept on my porch. So I walk outside and I kick him away, and he says he stayed there just in case I changed my mind. Oh oh my god.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe like he was drunk or.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 16: No, not even he texted me at two am staying still here.
Speaker 4: Oh man, some guys just won't give up. All right, got the final bell that means the match is over.
Speaker 5: We need to score it the lexus? Who do you give it to?
Speaker 13: I got to go Michelle for so many reasons, but him putting his finger in your mouth?
Speaker 5: You want to vote for Michelle Brooks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't axt sleep in his car outside my house before, so I'm going with Michelle as well.
Speaker 1: You don't need guys out there.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, tell Michelle one of the worst we've heard A long congratulations.
Speaker 18: I thought so.
Speaker 4: A congratulations and text in seventy five nine two if you want up here on the next edition of Battle of the Tender Dates.
Speaker 5: We got your phone tap coming up next.
Speaker 11: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Today, we call a guy who works at an office and he was told by a supervisor they're going to be implementing a brand new wellness program within the company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that part is one hundred percent true. The part that's not is our.
Speaker 4: Little twist, which is basically trying to convince him to talk crap about his co workers, which I know, on the surface might sound kind.
Speaker 1: Of mean, but fun.
Speaker 5: It's not mean if you say it's for mental health.
Speaker 1: That's right, Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: As we like to call it real talk.
Speaker 4: You'll hear it in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 3: Another Hello, Hi, Trent, This is landa floors from Real Talk.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, who's rlanda Floors?
Speaker 3: Your company hired a recently to delve into your feelings of inadequacy.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on what Yeah.
Speaker 3: Your supervisor, Tammy told me to call you on your direct line.
Speaker 10: I heard they were changing things up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in for a treat because your company's striving to create a healthier work environment, and one of the ways we can help foster that is by setting aside a few minutes for real talk.
Speaker 10: Can you tell me what real talk is?
Speaker 20: It's just where you can vent about anything or anyone that's annoying you.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm all for mental and emotional health, but this this seems a little odd.
Speaker 1: Good. I hear you getting on board to real talk. And since your.
Speaker 3: Session is right now and I can't really move it, can you just tell me about a co worker who's made you angry? You know, something that you want to get off your chest, just between you and me.
Speaker 12: I mean, I had no idea this was a thing that was happening, and.
Speaker 10: Another kind of person to talk bad about other people, especially the people I work with every day.
Speaker 1: Okay, just remember it's real talk. It's not bad talk, it's real.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 20: We had a real breakthrough with Dana from sales.
Speaker 10: You know her.
Speaker 12: I Yeah, she's really she's really nice.
Speaker 3: She is, and she just let it out. She told me confidentially that you have an annoying smile.
Speaker 10: What she said that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually have my notes right here. It says quote gets on her nerves every time she sees you enjoying something.
Speaker 10: Okay, oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 19: Right now?
Speaker 10: This really mean to say, why would somebody say that or even think that?
Speaker 3: That's what real talk is about, is really tapping into those inner feelings that are hard to get out. So I'm just gonna ask you again, is there any employee or situation that you're frustrated with?
Speaker 10: I mean other than Dana talking smack my smiles so that I can't change.
Speaker 1: No, we're moving forward.
Speaker 3: I like that you are really following the same path as Clint from reception.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, what did Clint say?
Speaker 3: He said he didn't really believe that you were sick when you took off last Tuesday.
Speaker 11: I had a.
Speaker 10: Doctor And how what businesses are that at Clint's anyway, he was just.
Speaker 1: Having real talk. It was just on his heart and in his mind. And you can't fault him for that.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't talk about him trying to hook up with the boss's secretary.
Speaker 9: So why is he out there talking about me being sick for a day that real talk.
Speaker 1: Clint is going to be so surprised when he hears that.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. You are not allowed to tell Clint that this is real talk. This is me trying to understand why I'm being targeted exactly.
Speaker 20: It is you trying to understand how you feel.
Speaker 1: And isn't that beautiful?
Speaker 10: This is happening, This is how was this productive? Is this good for a company?
Speaker 3: I can hear the stress coming off of your voice right now, and it is just releasing from your body.
Speaker 1: Wow, we just made a breakthrough.
Speaker 10: What kind of No, we're breaking down is what we're doing. You cannot tell Clint what I just said. Okay, we weren't even having trouble here at the office, and if that gets out, it can go really bad for me. I could lose my job.
Speaker 1: You know what. You have my word.
Speaker 3: I will not tell Clint, but I will tell your friend Morgan. Yeah, because she's the one that set you up for this real talk session.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is a break phone call.
Speaker 3: Wait, yeah, this is actually broke from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 19: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, actually real talk.
Speaker 3: Morgan said, you've been getting really frustrated with some of your coworkers and she thought maybe this could help.
Speaker 10: She thought she was gonna help by what putting all of this on the radio, me talking about Clint thinking and freaking out about this.
Speaker 1: I guess good luck at work later.
Speaker 3: Today, and good luck to Clint with that secretary.
Speaker 20: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We'll talk healthy relationship the day up every morning was.
Speaker 11: TAPS weekday mornings on the twenty, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a type, and today one of our listeners says there is only one kind of guy that she is willing to go out with. She won't even consider anybody else.
Speaker 11: I wonder what she's thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about h VMS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does you need to.
Speaker 5: You don't need ointment for it.
Speaker 4: It's an acronym and it does not stand for hot volunteer male Firefighters.
Speaker 7: Okay that no one thought that.
Speaker 4: Somebody else has that acronym only to the volunteer ones who are unstable in their employees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're definitely.
Speaker 5: Not like a got less to risk that.
Speaker 9: Way you do volunteer your body it has That's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: You're gonna find out who the real hvms are in their second date update right.
Speaker 5: After this second date up date.
Speaker 4: The way that trends go, It's interesting because I'd say lately with the calls that we've been getting for second dates. People seem to expect way more than they used to just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: You mean from like a relationship or from a first date.
Speaker 4: On the first date, we can't seeing people stay single waiting to find the right match because the options just aren't good enough.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like it wasn't magic the first time you met someone.
Speaker 4: They want to be impressed right away or they're not even going to waste their time. And that's why our listener today Ina says she only goes out with high value men.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: We'll find out in a second Welcome to the show?
Speaker 18: Actually is sorry?
Speaker 17: Yeah, okay, high value?
Speaker 3: I mean the first thing I think that comes everybody's mind is just like a dollar symbol.
Speaker 1: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 18: I mean, like not necessarily all about money, but I want to go with a guy that knows how to treat a woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and knows how to pronounce your name properly in the first five minutes. Like if this was a first date, you already would have asked for the check.
Speaker 1: He that you better have asked for the check, because yes.
Speaker 5: Because I'm high value and I would never let I know.
Speaker 4: We're all learning lessons here, But let's learn more about the guy that you went out with.
Speaker 5: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What was high value about Corey from his i'm guessing dating profile.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I'm at her online and like I thought, we can act it. He looked a part totally like nice outfit, like his car.
Speaker 5: This is a little bit superficial.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to think high value is less about how they're treating you and more about how much money they have.
Speaker 18: I can see how you think that. But like he also had pictures of him traveling, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Andy, his life Okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, lifestyle money is needed.
Speaker 12: First.
Speaker 13: There's guys who posted him like drinking with their friends in a basement still on their profiles.
Speaker 1: She's for someone who has interest.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he also does ging and golf, so he's like super active like that, as.
Speaker 5: Those are very rich hobbies.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but whatever he's we're not going to money shame him.
Speaker 4: And that's what's the most important. So did you end up going out with him in person?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 18: So we went out for drinks first, and I told him like, if drinks went well, we could go on to dinner, but if not, we can just be friends and I'm just there.
Speaker 1: Wait you told him that. What did he say to you?
Speaker 18: Honestly he was fine with it.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was the same, Okay, I mean that's a point of lexis, like maybe he didn't want to waste the time dinner.
Speaker 4: Have you ever gone out with a guy and after the first like thirty minutes of drinks you gave them a no?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh really it sounds like it's happened more than once.
Speaker 5: But you don't feel guilty about turning these guys away?
Speaker 3: No, why when I honestly, that is a great attitude to have in one that I do not have. Oh three hours, I'm a total pleaser.
Speaker 5: What happened in the first thirty minutes of drinks with Corey?
Speaker 18: But basically we went to speak easy you know, like a really upscale, fancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where the cocktails are always like thirty.
Speaker 5: Two dollars, Yeah, high value cocktails.
Speaker 1: You can't find the door, but we'll charge you more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I give a circle, so that sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 15: Ah.
Speaker 18: So we had like drinks and after thirty minutes, like I gave him jumps out saying let's go to dinner, you know, because it was going well, all right.
Speaker 5: He passed the first test.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean I felt like he liked me. So we went to a French restaurant for dinner.
Speaker 1: At that Okay, what were you connecting over?
Speaker 18: Honestly? Just like how fancy everything was?
Speaker 1: Oh that's what you connected over?
Speaker 6: Talked?
Speaker 4: Okay, what about connecting with Corey himself as a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, That's where I'm at, Jess.
Speaker 18: I mean like he has a good photographers give him my phone making pictures of me for social media with the food.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Will admit I'm a terrible photographer. So Corey has one up on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was cool taking photos of you. Like, what was his reaction when you asked him?
Speaker 18: No, he was He was cool because it was a really cool.
Speaker 19: Plant, Like the lighting was perfect, amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I ask you?
Speaker 9: Did we go on a date? Because I'm mister, take a picture of the food.
Speaker 7: Use me for my money, let's do all this. And I don't know, I just feel.
Speaker 1: Like, are you hitting on her? I can't tell you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I feel this is not an issue at all.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is a great date for you. Your Jose is perfect. Woman, Jose is already calling dibbs and.
Speaker 5: Go sound with But let's with Corey.
Speaker 4: This is probably rude to ask here, I know, but I just want like a ballpark idea, Like how much at this point in the night do you think the date has cost so far?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean I didn't set for it, but like I'm assuming dinner plus like the drinks was upwards of maybe three or four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, are you, Jeff? Are you theorizing that he just can't afford to take her on the.
Speaker 4: Second he can't afford it in maybe two years when he saves up for the next time.
Speaker 7: And then he has to her again.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm looking for a high value man. So if you can't keep up, I would like to know today.
Speaker 5: Answer, We'll get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 5: How did the fancy date end?
Speaker 18: So at the end he walked me to my car, I told him I had a nice time, and I don't kiss the first day.
Speaker 19: A lady does not do that.
Speaker 5: Am sorry?
Speaker 4: Did you go for the kiss and you told him that? Or how did that come up?
Speaker 18: He is lingering, But I told him that's my rule. I'm a high value woman and she needs to know that that's a value of mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like that message came across pretty clearly the entire night.
Speaker 7: We all value you already, all of us.
Speaker 5: Now, what's happened since that date happened? How long is it?
Speaker 9: Ben?
Speaker 5: Have you stayed in contact?
Speaker 18: He hasn't answered me, he's ghosted me completely.
Speaker 1: Has that happened to you before?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 7: This is why she's calling back.
Speaker 5: You know what, You're lucky.
Speaker 4: I know that you reached out to a high value radio show.
Speaker 1: Does she contact someone before us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So sorry, you have to settle for our show, but we're going to do our best for you.
Speaker 5: We're going to come back. We'll call Corey and try and get you a second date update right after this. Okay, thank you, hold on second date update. You know what I love about this show?
Speaker 4: I learned new things every single day.
Speaker 3: Really like about how people live and date totally.
Speaker 4: Like in part one of the Second Date, I learned a high value man doesn't necessarily mean he has a lot of money.
Speaker 5: It just means he has.
Speaker 4: Fancy clothes, expensive hobbies, travels the world regularly, and drops up words of four hundred dollars on a first date.
Speaker 7: John.
Speaker 1: That is not superficial.
Speaker 4: No, he might as well be a starving artist for all the subtle value that he was showing to Aina on the date.
Speaker 7: First class auditions joking.
Speaker 4: That's what we learned about Corey, and now we're gonna learn why he's not calling Aina back. A. How you doing? Are you comfortable over there? Can we get you anything? A perier with line perhaps Brook cut the limes sparkling or flat?
Speaker 17: We have that if you're offering okay.
Speaker 1: Brook, of course only jeff would be able to drop out.
Speaker 4: Pit Brook's gonna put the order in on Amazon, so that should arrive at your house.
Speaker 7: So sorry to be basic with the lines. We should have done cucumbers or something.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 17: Okay, you better.
Speaker 4: We're trying to learn how to be high value.
Speaker 1: I gave up on that a long time, but I like you. It makes you know what you want. You're going after it.
Speaker 5: And let's hope that Corey feels the same way. And it's just a misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call him right now here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Corey.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is Corey who's calling.
Speaker 4: We are a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Do you say all like you're like let down.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like, I don't know if I'm the guy who you want on the radio.
Speaker 4: Guys, Well, no, are you offensive ready? We got a specific request from somebody to reach out to you because you went on a date with this person the other night and they had a really good time with you.
Speaker 5: Her name's Aina.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, I know, Ana?
Speaker 5: Did you just you did?
Speaker 8: Ug?
Speaker 4: You made the same exact sound that you did when we told you were a radio show.
Speaker 1: Why did you hug us?
Speaker 12: I don't get calls from radio stations every day.
Speaker 11: I got stuff to do.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm sure you guys are all cool. That's no.
Speaker 4: What I meant was, why did you make that sound when we mentioned her?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I'm just like a little bit confused.
Speaker 6: Yeah, understand.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're getting a random call.
Speaker 4: Well what if I told you that she really really wants to see you again and go on another date with you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she doesn't want to go out with me again.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It feels like you even started the call like you don't want me on the radio.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want me. People want you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm telling you, help us understand what you're feeling right now? Why do you say she doesn't want to go out with you because she told us about the date and her review of it was pretty glowing.
Speaker 12: All right, that's nice to hear, but honored real talk. I mean, I know, is is hot?
Speaker 15: I mean but yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 9: Did we know, we know, we know you can you can do I can do.
Speaker 1: Guys are so weird? Okay, what what about her being hot?
Speaker 15: She's that, but I could tell that she was like not only going to cost me money, like big money, but I would probably spend the rest of my time with her being like her personal Instagram photographer.
Speaker 1: She told us that you took a really good picture of her.
Speaker 4: Welcome to being in a relationship with a woman. That's what you're signing.
Speaker 1: I never let my husband take pictures. She's horrible at it, and he doesn't for a profession. He takes the worse pictures he does. He's like so tall, and it's always like.
Speaker 4: I like how you took that opportunity to put your husband down for even trying to do something.
Speaker 1: It's not a personality flow.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what do you feel you felt like she was just using you for your camera skills?
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, I mean, it's like she's this influencer or something. I mean I was taking pictures of her by the statue, and her by the fountain, and her by the window, and her with her dinner. I mean it was all just like too much.
Speaker 1: So how many pictures do you think you took in one evening?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It doesn't well, she told us, She told us the only reason that she wanted so many pictures was because the place that you chose was so cool and you wanted to document.
Speaker 1: She didn't say that she took that many.
Speaker 5: Well, we didn't know that photo.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you would have been bad at it the first time, you wouldn't have ever had to take one again.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's on.
Speaker 15: You, I mean maybe. I mean the place was cool, the drink place was cool, to speak easy with cool, Frank Rasta was cool. Everything was was cool. But it was a lot of money, and I felt this night is going the way it's going, so I needed to even it out.
Speaker 4: Does that mean even it out like you had her take photos of you all over the restaurant too.
Speaker 12: No, not really, man.
Speaker 15: I saw how deep I was getting into this date, and so when she left me her phone to take like more pictures for some reason.
Speaker 12: While she went away.
Speaker 15: To the ladies room, I opened her Venmo and took what I thought was a fair cut of the bill and.
Speaker 1: Money from her.
Speaker 12: Never heard of girls doing this, even it out.
Speaker 15: I wasn't feeling any out the night.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you hear that other voice.
Speaker 4: Oh Mya's on the other line right now listening to this.
Speaker 15: Oh come on, yeah, Like, are you for real?
Speaker 12: Are you for real? Why am I talking to you?
Speaker 11: You're just.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm defending it. It's not like she was going to split the bill or anything. I mean, it was just this. It turned from a date into a job.
Speaker 4: Admit though it's a high value job, one that she respects a lot.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I didn't apply for this job. I mean, it just sort of got sprung on me.
Speaker 3: We were getting into it, Ana, I mean, she seems like what you see is what you get with her.
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 3: I know, like you sound like you were clear on what your expectations were.
Speaker 18: Yes, I was, and honestly, like, there are a lot of guys that want to go out with me exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, nobody asked wants to take picture, wants to spend money, on.
Speaker 5: We thought you were upset about the account.
Speaker 1: Thing, but you didn't even she didn't even notice.
Speaker 5: Yeah you heard that right, Yeah I heard it.
Speaker 17: I just opened that Vendo and I thought, right now.
Speaker 1: How much? Really, how much did he venmo to him?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 19: Oh my god, he too.
Speaker 7: That's a pretty penny.
Speaker 1: I mean, private photo shoot costs. It's kind of I do you believe you don't feel guilty at all? Cory?
Speaker 6: Do you have a.
Speaker 5: Problem with that?
Speaker 12: Don't?
Speaker 15: Why not cut it off like even it out? Like I said, I mean, if we ended up going out on another day, it would have been an even more expensive place.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're such like a if you're such a big guy, why didn't you just man up and ask her to split the bill with you?
Speaker 1: I mean, that is the right thing to do.
Speaker 15: Fine, if we were in that situation and I asked for half the bill, would you have given it to me? Now there we go.
Speaker 5: Take that Brook such a high value answer. He knows what he's worth. Two.
Speaker 1: In the end, these two high value people end up sounding pretty cheap.
Speaker 4: Seriously, Look, this is what happens. You go for a high value man and what does he do? He increases his value even.
Speaker 5: More by taking the money right out of your venmo.
Speaker 7: And he stands up for himself.
Speaker 4: That is wise, And I would be remiss if I didn't offer to send you guys out on another.
Speaker 3: Date with this undoing everything, if you ask them to go, yeah, because we'll pay for it this time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the time, we're going to cover the bill. What do you think, Corey, You're the.
Speaker 4: One I'm supposed to ask you want to go out with Dinah one more time.
Speaker 15: If she wants to show me who she really is? And that's when the whole night freaking take his pictures and all that.
Speaker 5: Sure, Okay, I get it. She's really hot, So.
Speaker 1: I know he said yes.
Speaker 5: Really, he just sounded like it to me. I know, are you up for it?
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 18: Well, he's stole money from me, but like it sounds like he's sorry about it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: At this point, I feel like you two deserve each other each other.
Speaker 5: Is this actually happening?
Speaker 18: I'll do drinks again and if that goes well, then we can see about moving the day.
Speaker 5: Should do Firefest Island.
Speaker 15: I don't have the cash for Firefest Island, but I'll take your kids card.
Speaker 4: Successful second date update perriers with lines for everybody.
Speaker 1: As long as your Panjack, I got it.
Speaker 5: It's looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: How much you guys want to bet that she's going to hand over her phone again and completely forget that.
Speaker 5: He then made himself on the second day, I knowing.
Speaker 3: He's just going to be the cycle where she she takes all the money, then he takes all the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's just gonna he gets it back.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be constantly trying to like at her phone like any type of cute purple lighting shows up anywhere, it's like, hey, come over here, like we should let.
Speaker 1: Me the whole thing. They really do, honestly feel made for each other.
Speaker 4: I'm really hoping that they make it for an update update, just to hear how much money has exchanged hands.
Speaker 1: He's hoping that his bank account makes it for an update update.
Speaker 5: I think kind of cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could be the next cute couple that we put together on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deep, next deep cute couple.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is email the show. We'll call that person who was in calling you back. We have all of our second date updates ready for you to listen to on our podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 11: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: What's the secret to getting rich?
Speaker 1: If I knew.
Speaker 5: The answer to that, I wouldn't be working here.
Speaker 9: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: We'll share those tips later.
Speaker 4: But people smarter than me over at the National Bureau of Economic Research just a a study which found that people from low income backgrounds a poor people, they're more likely to get rich if they spend time around wealthier people.
Speaker 1: How do you get rich friends?
Speaker 4: And yeah, just being around them, you're more likely to invest in the stock market. You're going to save up more money and learn tips and t to help you grow your wealth.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: The problem is making friends with rich people isn't as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 1: You get the money to invest in stop.
Speaker 4: You can't just hang out at the bank waiting to meet a rich person.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just checking ATMs.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who he had a lot of money from his family, and then he hung out with even richer people, and then he blew all of his money to.
Speaker 1: Try to keep up with Now he's a poor person.
Speaker 4: Luckily, there is a secret to meeting a rich friend. Oh, there is, and that's as simple as lurking around your local Applebee's.
Speaker 5: Me what I think apple Bee's? Yeah, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 4: Researchers found public spaces like libraries and parks can give you a chance to meet some like cross class interaction, but they're not as good as hitting up olive garden Applebee's or sharing a bloomin onion it out back.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's like the socioeconomic diversity is happening at our local chain restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yes, those are the most diverse places in America, affordable chain restaurants, and they have the largest positive impact on cross class encounters.
Speaker 1: I see that, But how do you meet somebody at Applebee's? You just walk up to their booth and sit down with them.
Speaker 5: No, you're give it a try.
Speaker 7: Hey, he's not ordering the one dollar mark, he's got.
Speaker 6: The three dollars.
Speaker 4: We can all laugh, But I know where I'm going to be this weekend at Chili's, trying to lady in the tramp some baby back ribs with a dude na monocle.
Speaker 1: Okay, just look for the one that's buying the top shelf.
Speaker 4: Hashtag life goals more coming up when we do Laser Stories right after this, it's the radio segment that's finally got the solution for your lazy or lethargic dog. Oh, if he needs a little peppinist step, have him chugged the new pet friendly energy drink Power Howl. Oh God, give your popper permanent Zoomies with an ice cold can of power Howl, available now through Laser Stories, the segment where we read weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser and those other labordontals do not. This first Laser Stories out of the United Kingdom, forty six year old guy named Martin Barnes did a bunch of hard drugs and then he decided, rug like that, how we're doing laser stories. And then he decided he was going to get in his car and teach bad drivers a lesson. That's right, Martin thought he could educate the world on the perils of driving wall on drugs by getting onto a freeway and deliberately crashing into cars wall on drugs.
Speaker 3: Okay, pretty sure that they covered that in my health class in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you don't do it. It's why you say no it was so dumb.
Speaker 4: He was in a silver BMW one twenty five, and according to reports, he called emergency services while he was doing it and told them he also wanted to crash into bad drivers to teach them a lesson as well.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 4: The police say his rampage lasted about a half an hour and he slammed into nine vehicles.
Speaker 1: Half an hour is a long, tough Yeah, like.
Speaker 5: I'll double that in ten minutes.
Speaker 7: That's a party, I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's so.
Speaker 4: Luckily no one was seriously hurt or died, and Martin was finally caught and arrested. When he got taken to jail, he told cops he was sick of people quote tailgating, lane hogging, and driving slow.
Speaker 1: You know what, I bet they all learned their lessons those nine people.
Speaker 4: Hopefully all those offenders will hear this story and finally learn the dangers of driving while on drugs.
Speaker 7: What a great start.
Speaker 5: It made sense after he did all those drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were also on drugs, got it.
Speaker 5: This next laser story is out of Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: A forty two year old man got arrested at his home in Green Bay recently shoving his daughter because she hadn't done.
Speaker 5: Her chores today, dude, And it doesn't sound like she was hurt.
Speaker 4: But the reason why this story is making news is because the man had his name legally changed a few years ago to D's Nuts.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, the joke that never gets old, right, ladies.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's just some people that shouldn't be fathers.
Speaker 4: You know, it's spelled d easy Nuts the correct way. And according to reports, D's Nuts had apparently been doing some drinking.
Speaker 1: Ah, man, I can't believe he would make the more poor choices.
Speaker 4: Cops say he appeared to be highly intoxicated when they showed up around ten pm and was out on his porch in his pajama bottoms with no shirt on.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 4: The police report says they quote walked up to the top of the stairs and took d'se Nuts into custody.
Speaker 3: I just want to know how does D's Nuts go in for like a parent teacher conference, Like, what does that go do?
Speaker 1: He probably doesn't go. Yes, that's a good point, mister nuts. We need to talk to you about your daughter.
Speaker 4: So they arrested him for battery and disorderly conduct. And if you're wondering these nuts wasn't his first name change?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 5: Back in twenty eleven he changed it to de Z Nuts with just one E, so everyone was calling him dead. It does nuts.
Speaker 1: What a mistake, you know, you got to be clear about that.
Speaker 4: He admitted the joke was not landing because people weren't saying it right. So that's when he decided to add a second E. In twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, no, no, not those nuts.
Speaker 5: Name as their stories out of Trader was.
Speaker 7: Everyone wants me to go here.
Speaker 4: Store employees at the Trader Joe's grocery store chains say that in the last week they've had a huge influx of customers, not for anything food or drink related, but because the mini totes that they're selling are so darn cute.
Speaker 5: Oh my good showing the photo to my host right now.
Speaker 3: I was just at Trader Joe's last night and I looked for these and they don't have them special.
Speaker 1: You can't get them.
Speaker 4: If you want to see them, they're up on our Insta stories right now at Brook and Jeffrey with the limited edition canvas tote sell for two dollars and ninety nine cents. They come in four colors and have taken social media by storm, garnering more than twelve million views on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I follow a trader Joe's Instagram account like a fan lady, and she found them like on eBay for like a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Excuse well, that's what people are doing now, posting them on eBay with prices ranging from five they say, to five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I see all fours.
Speaker 4: There was one seller reported who said he sold eight sets for one hundred and forty five bucks apiece.
Speaker 1: Why the why are people doing that?
Speaker 5: I don't understand selling them or buying them, buying.
Speaker 1: Them like they're two ninety nine.
Speaker 7: They're super cute.
Speaker 5: Well they're cool on TikTok right now, so.
Speaker 7: Go viral if you have that bag.
Speaker 4: The page of another seller show that one had been sold off for four hundred and ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents, with two more remaining if you're interested. So if you see them out there, you may want to get them. They are considered the new Stanley Cup for bags. Thinking I see this next laser stories out of Hippity Hoppity Headquarters. No Easter is still two weeks out, but you don't have to wait that long to smell like Easter.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, like Easter has a smell.
Speaker 4: I say that because a new product is grabbing the attention of Easter fans everywhere talking about Peep's body spray.
Speaker 3: Yees.
Speaker 4: Bottles of it have been spotted on shelves at discount chain retailers for five dollars apiece.
Speaker 5: They've got it in two different colors, pink and yell.
Speaker 4: The yellow one is marshmallow scented and the pink is strawberry cream cream.
Speaker 7: Okay, strawberry cream would probably smell pretty.
Speaker 1: It's as natural as the actual peeps are ye.
Speaker 4: In side note, the yellow one has a yellow peep on the label, but the liquid inside is blue, so it's a little bit confusing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bet they made it yellow originally, and they're like that looks too much like.
Speaker 5: Rubbing down anyway. It might be meant for kids, but don't let that stop you.
Speaker 4: There's also peep scented body wash too, from my new set to attract my husband Marcreol.
Speaker 7: Ever pulls up smell like a peep.
Speaker 6: I would be so mad.
Speaker 5: If you really want to drown yourself in it, go ahead and buy it.
Speaker 4: In related news, the National Confectioners Association says our obsession with candy is at an all time high. Apparently the US hit a new record and spent forty eight billion dollars on candy just last year.
Speaker 3: Because it's the only thing that's still change, he's I think we're just eating our emotions.
Speaker 1: We're all coming down, you know, four years.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you run across some peep's body butter, this guy wants some and he is willing.
Speaker 5: To pay a premium price for it. I bet maybe helps him get that thong into place. Oh that's what he says. That sound means late. The stories have come to an end for the day. We'll do it again the same time on.
Speaker 11: Friday, brooking Jeffrey In the morning.
Speaker 4: We've got Daphne on the phone, who works for Verizon Customer Care, and actually our jobs are kind of similar, because she says she spends all day bsing with people and trying to solve their problems, which is kind of like what we do with second date updates and are awkward Tuesdays, although I'm sure Daphne's a whole lot better.
Speaker 3: Although it would be nice, Daphanie to have you in studio because, oh my god, the battle we have with bad cell phone coverage of listeners hollidays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah is real.
Speaker 1: You better have the most crystal clear line I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Daphne?
Speaker 19: I am doing great?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: That does sound good?
Speaker 7: That sounds How many people do you brank phone call throughout the day?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many times do you actually say? Can you hear me?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 19: Actually? I would say at least four times a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're about to be the new spokesperson for your own company, sir. But let's send Brook out of the studio for a second so we can get to the game. You got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible, Daphne. If you don't know when, you could say pass. But you have to beat Brooke outright if.
Speaker 5: You want to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 19: I am ready?
Speaker 5: All right? Sounding good, feeling good.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Your time starts now. Actor and rapper Lonnie Lynn celebrates a birthday today. You know him better by what ordinary?
Speaker 5: Nicknamemm no idea of pass allumin is a measurement of what.
Speaker 15: Light.
Speaker 4: What's the most downloaded app last year? Snapschot in the In the UK, it's called a lift. What is this device known as in America?
Speaker 19: Elevator?
Speaker 4: Actress Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in what animated Disney movie Tangle?
Speaker 5: Oh nice, good work there.
Speaker 4: Daphne Brook is now coming back into the studio and oh wow, I just saw on my phone screener. Daphne has a birthday coming up. She celebrates it on Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're either an alcoholic or you're probably sober.
Speaker 19: I am very sober.
Speaker 7: Between.
Speaker 19: That's we'll never date an Irish guy ever again. The babysitting on my birthday is not fun.
Speaker 5: Never date an Irish man ever again.
Speaker 7: Babysitting on her birthday. He got way too wasted.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yeah, he's supposed to be taking care of.
Speaker 1: You on your I've dated non irishman and had to do the same thing.
Speaker 4: So Brook, here we go. It's your turn. You're ready, yep, your time starts now. Actor and rapper Lonnie Lynn celebrates a birthday today. You know him better by what ordinary nickname?
Speaker 11: L I don't know.
Speaker 4: A lumen is a measurement of what what was the most downloaded app last year Instagram In the UK, it's called a lift. What is this device known in America? Actress Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in What Animated Disney? Atlanta ranks first? But what is the second busiest airport in America?
Speaker 1: JFK.
Speaker 5: Good work, team. Let's go over to the scoreboard to see how you both did with Jose.
Speaker 6: I'm a funny guy, but I don't think that's funny.
Speaker 7: Daphney, you got three correct today?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Any word, Daphney.
Speaker 1: A customer service because she's just good at listening.
Speaker 6: There, you and brook you.
Speaker 7: Also three?
Speaker 4: I I did it, Dabney, but Tim sorry, the tie goes to the house, Daphne. Any complaints, send them over to Brooks desk. But let's go over the answers real quick. Actor and rapper Lonnie Lynn celebrates a birthday today. You know him better by the ordinary nickname. That was a clue, common, real subtle. He turns fifty two today. Illumin is a measurement of light. The most downloaded app last year was TikTok Yeah six hundred and seventy two million downloads. Instagram was second in the UK. It's called a lift here it's called an elevator. Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel in the movie Tangled came up back in twenty ten, and Atlanta is the busiest airport in America.
Speaker 5: Second would be Lax.
Speaker 4: Oh, eighty eight million passengers out of Lax every year, and that's busiest.
Speaker 1: It's like the amount of people, such a nightmare to go through.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, now, Daphne. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to beat Brooke.
Speaker 4: But just for playing you do win a pair of tickets to Massive The Power of Pop Culture at MoPOP, presenting their newest flagship x p Amibition. It's an exploration of global pop culture and its impact on our daily lives. The exhibit opens March sixteenth, and tickets are on sale now at MoPOP dot org.
Speaker 19: Awesome, it's a birthday thing. There you go, and I'll get you next time. Brooke, It's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I doubt it sounds like a threat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should be drunk, actually, Saint Patrick's say, is the anniversary of my first day in radio?
Speaker 5: Ever awesome?
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, no, I remember that day. It was the next day, my second day in radio. That didn't.
Speaker 5: All right? Well, definitely make sure you come back play anytime.
Speaker 4: We'll be back to do Windbrooks Books, same time tomorrow, Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,