Speaker 1: So the stage play Super Freak The Rick James Story is set to open this summer in Atlanta. Super Freak was written and produced by iconic playwright you know him very well, Tommy to carry Us Johnson, Uh huh. And we'll explore Rick James life and legacy with all the music and drama that it was filled with. Stokely from Mick Condition will play Rick James and reportedly he comes very very close to macing to matching Rick James powerhouse vocals and stage show. Super Freak goes beyond Rick James's fame and shows how he overcame adversity and addiction to become a legendary artist. So, Steve, I know you don't like musicals, that's a known fact. But would you go see Super Freak The Rick James Story, the stage play starring Stokely?
Speaker 2: Do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I don't know why y'all asked him miss all the time. You know, he not go.
Speaker 2: I'm not going down like like this. I don't mean. We just keep saying, where is this story going? Let's let's get up out of here? Intermission?
Speaker 3: We heard eight song what we're doing?
Speaker 1: But you love music?
Speaker 2: I love music? On the radio. I love music on my phone. I love live concerts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like that. Yeah, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Rick don't have the music that fits into a musical. That's what I wanted.
Speaker 1: That's going, especially because.
Speaker 3: They can.
Speaker 2: But it's like going to you know, all them you know church plays they used to have. You know, it's just not for me. I'm hey, it's all right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna move on now to CBS and the NAACP because they've announced a new Black daytime soap opera. It's called The Gates.
Speaker 3: The Gates is.
Speaker 1: The first black daytime soap opera in thirty five years and will feature a predominantly black cast. The focus will be on an affluent black family and an exclusive gated community. The Gates promises multi dimensional characters, juicy storylines in black culture front and center. Tommy, I think you should go audition for The Gates. The Gates, Uh huh soap opera, CBS.
Speaker 3: I'm looking to The Gates, and I hope I don't know you. Okay, I got that should be good.
Speaker 1: An affluent black family and an exclusive Who would.
Speaker 3: You be good at playing? Tommy? Like, what type of can I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a militant dude in the gates that don't get along with nobody.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be me. I'm gonna be that guy in the gates.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this. Do you still want to play? Because you said this before a while ago, the Bobby Brown story. I mean, who a gonna be? Can you say you wanted to be?
Speaker 3: Tell me?
Speaker 1: Tell me you did say.
Speaker 3: Want to be Bobby Brown?
Speaker 2: Here, you're gonna be Bobby Brown? Could I play Bobby Woman? Bobby Blue? You ain't fitna be Bobby Womack. Yeah, I mean you ain't fitna be Bobby Brown. That's a damn sure. All that dance and his ass used to.
Speaker 3: Do dance though, huh, Bobby don't dances no more. No, all right with the rest of the group. Bobby standing to the side, he jump a little bit. You gonna get off the king right shoe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh yes he will.
Speaker 1: Finally, Oprah will explore the growing trend of people using alternative weight loss methods to lose weight fast, and a new TV show is called oprah Special, Shame, Blame and the Weight Loss Revolution. The special there next Tuesday, March eighteenth, Oprah recorded a special with a live audience, and she speaks with medical experts and people who have taken ozimpic, people who have taken Manjaro Wagovie and other prescription diabetes and weight loss medications. So you know, I'm sure each one of us knows someone that is taking one of these weight loss drugs. Would you to lose weight the old fashioned way or the fast or fast tracks your weight loss with one of these methods.
Speaker 3: I mean, I understand people doing it.
Speaker 1: If it's safe.
Speaker 3: I mean they should have been did something because tomorrow. Yes, see, especially.
Speaker 2: In America, man, because this is a hard country to stay in shape, and because of our food in the way it's processed and made. And I mean, we we do a pretty bad job with preservatives and chemicals in food. We do a really bad job as a nation. That's illegal and the you know, pholic acid does not exist in.
Speaker 3: Other parts of the world.
Speaker 2: Preservatives are not allowed in other parts of the world.
Speaker 3: GM does not exist.
Speaker 2: We were in Africa one time and uh and we were ordered some watermelon. One of the Americans that was with us said, man, y'all ain't got no watermelon without no seeds in it. The Africans were so confused. How you think it's growing with Broun, They would, that's not a thing over there that cannot happen. And that's that's when I realized that a lot of times we're doing a bad job with food.
Speaker 3: So all right, I'm okay with all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Whoever you Twenty minutes after, have you ever taken a joke too far, guys and offended your wife or family member or friend. We'll talk about that with these comedians. Right after this, you're listening morning show