Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all at all, So.
Speaker 1: Don't given them.
Speaker 3: Black the Millican Buza listening to me to.
Speaker 2: Don't joy?
Speaker 4: Yeah you joy?
Speaker 5: You know you have.
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 4: Turn you gotta turn.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 8: I got to turn the mouth.
Speaker 1: Turn you probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the money.
Speaker 9: Look, come.
Speaker 6: Come on, you'll think, ah huh I sure, well, good morning everybody. You're listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey got a radio show. Okay, I want to talk to you today about success. But I want to talk to you about it like I usually do in terms of a principle of it, but I want to share something with you about it.
Speaker 2: And I was talking to my daughter about it.
Speaker 6: I've talked about my son in law about it, talked about it with all my children, and I'm really starting to express it to them now because I'm talking to a wide range of people constantly. But I want to share something with you. If you have any aspiration of being successful, I want you to realize, starting right now, the effort that is going to require. And that's why I think it stops a lot of people. I think a lot of people are never told or don't understand the sheer effort that it takes to become successful at anything in any area of your life.
Speaker 2: If you think that doing your best is enough, that I got news for you. It's not.
Speaker 6: Well, Steve, What if you've done your best, though, and your best ain't good enough? Well, let me ask you that same question. Hold on, if you want to be successful and you've done your best and best isn't good enough?
Speaker 2: What you threw that's it? But Steve, it was my best. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: It was the best you had at that time, in that particular day. But tomorrow adds something to it. You've never done everything. There is no you can't go no more, you can't add no more. I've seen marath runners end up crawling across the line. I've seen triathlone people man just staggering in the street and didn't want nobody to help them because they knew that would disqualify them from the race.
Speaker 2: You got more.
Speaker 6: Have you ever dipped into your reserve tank? That's what we're talking about now. See all of us have a reserve tank, you know, you know, on my ranch, I like to ride four wheelers. I have all terrain vehicles and all of them have a gas tank on it, and a gas tank in most of mine. Let me see all of them. Yeah, all of them have gas tank needles on them, and it lets me know. When I get down towards eight, there's a little lane that's red.
Speaker 2: That lets me know.
Speaker 6: Okay, Steve, you're in the danger zone. Now you're riding into the lowest part of your tank. But if I keep riding and I forget to get some gas in there, guess what when it runs out of gas. All of my all terrain vehicles, all of them, Honda Polaris, all of them. Those are the makers. There's a button on the gas tank itself that I can click and it says reserve. That means they know that for the hard core riders, they're gonna ride somewhere, they're gonna get themselves in a situation and they're gonna run out of everything.
Speaker 2: They gonna run out of road, they're gonna run out of gas.
Speaker 6: They've prepared because they know for the hard core rider, every hard core rider needs a reserve tank. And so there's a button that you can click on the gas tank that clicks it into a reserve, and it'll give you about fifty miles or twenty miles worth of gas in that Now, guess what in that reserve That may be all you need to get you the where you're going, or get you back to safety so you can refuel. Don't tell me you've done your best. When your best cut it what you're gonna do. See when best is possible, then good enough ain't enough. See that's good enough. But if the best it is possible, why would you not shoot for that? And you you are all capable of making it. But you've got to change your mindset and realize the effort that has to be put forth in becoming successful. You've got to do it relentlessly, over and over and over and over and every day. I try to do something to progress my life for the better. I try to do something every day. I wake up every day with the plan. Some phone calls, some meetings, some some some some interviews. Something man that's going to advance and move the brand forward. Because here's what's gonna happen. You are Let's say you reach your goal. Let's say your goal is to make now one hundred thousand dollars. Well, I got news for you.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: When you make the one hundred thousand dollars, you can't go nowhere and go on vacation and put your hand behind your head and say I made one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Guess what you got to do.
Speaker 6: You got to find a way now to maintain that one hundred thousand, to keep it coming in. See, you can't just get there and stop and rest and whoa. It is harder to maintain your success than it is to get successful.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 6: Let's say, let me show you this. Suppose it takes you five to eight years to find a way to make fifty thousand dollars. Let's say it takes you five to eight years to find a way to make an extra fifty thousand dollars, and you finally, through work and effort, you get to the fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: More, it's only just begun now.
Speaker 6: Because guess what, in order to keep the fifty coming in, you got to duplicate what you did to get there.
Speaker 2: And then, oh, here's what you're going to have.
Speaker 6: The audacity being a human being, You're gonna want another fifty because you're a human being because you gotta have something else to shoot for. Now you're gonna want another fifty. Well, now that guess what you gotta do now, Now you gotta do what you did before, plus you gotta come up with something else. Then after that you're gonna have the audacity because you're humans, You're gonna want another fifty.
Speaker 2: Says how this works?
Speaker 6: And see that that's the importance of your relationship with God because you're gonna constantly need it and ain't have a point where you're gonna be through needing it. But that ain't gonna become a point in your life where you're going through. Won't be through, won't nothing unless you then just gave up. And if you done gave up, who wants that? Come on, y'all, this is going to take quite a bit of effort, and if you think it'll come to you any other way, you're sadly mistaken. Because of all the successful people I know, I know that the effort they put out on a daily basis is daunting, and I think that the average person just doesn't understand the requirement of time and effort that it takes to get that and willingness to put it out. You got to cut a lot of monkey business out your life, all that hanging out, all that late and all that club and all that drinking, all that. You got to cut a whole lot of.
Speaker 2: Monkey business out to be successful.
Speaker 6: Man, if you're planning on being successful, get up early, stay up late, work, try, think, meet, greet, smile, attract. It takes a lot, let's go, but you can do it. God is pressed to passing out blessings all day long. Why are you not in line for yours? I'm telling you right now, I want everything God got for me because what he's shown me so far.
Speaker 2: Who if he got some moke? Man or man? How good is God?
Speaker 1: Huhst Morning show.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. He did it again? Hey God, almighty? Something else? I don't know. I just there are no words for how good God is. There's no way.
Speaker 6: There's not a superlative that really captures what God really is. Super capture, fractionistic, sbal adocious, don't do it, awesome, short, amazing, short, I just down know superlatives for it. He just all that, He everything to me, just everything, Yes, show me. I'm talking about solid, I'm talking about ain't ever let me down that's the one factor in my life that has been a go to plug for me that ain't never let me down. I'm talking about, ain't ever, ain't ever not had a answer, ain't ever not supplied my needs, been there for all my wants. Man, stop everything. That's how I feel today. Man, I'm man. I ain't got no wordy man and your righteous name. Man, Lord, hold me, Please, don't let me go. I've been let go before, networks, let me go, women, let me go. Lord, Please don't ever let me Yeah, Man, Steve Harvey Morning Show Shiron Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Junior, the legend of nephew Tommy Jr.
Speaker 2: What's going on today?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 10: Let me ask you something. Let's see how will you know your crew? How will you know your We want to see her in morning show commit a crime? Be committed crime?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: This just on your crew. Who's snitching?
Speaker 4: Who copy the please? Who wonta say it wasn't me?
Speaker 1: And who gonna say Steve it was Steve idea? Who won't Who gonna do this right here?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, start one at a time.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's snitching?
Speaker 8: Surely he was gonna say.
Speaker 10: Off the top, I ain't got no problem. Okay, who copping a pleat?
Speaker 2: Dang Monica?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, who's gonna say it wasn't me?
Speaker 2: Tommy, I'm sticking to my store.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, whos gonna say? I'm gonna tell you all right now it was Steve idea?
Speaker 6: That might be sure again, Yeah, mister, it was Shirley and Monica. Get together, come up with.
Speaker 8: That Steve's idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only if it was Steve.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you're gonna have to tell the truth. It probably was my.
Speaker 8: If it was your idea, then I'm snitching.
Speaker 2: So go to the wall with anybody on the show. Yeah, Tommy, I'm going with Tomas.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going with Tomas.
Speaker 2: What call it gonna do up? Call a solid though? See she who.
Speaker 6: As long as you gonna hurt her feelings, all your your card ties and safe.
Speaker 2: Your win shoes safe.
Speaker 8: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, William from the Nephew, is he runs that prank back? Right after this you're listening hard morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back. What you got for us, nephew, Tommy were.
Speaker 7: Running that prank back, sirly, we giving up for lint. We are giving up for lint right now. We're gonna I'm gonna give your wife up for lint.
Speaker 9: Man. Let's go get up, fellow. Hey, I'm trying to redorse me. Yeah, he was it this cliff Man, I work at the post office with your wife. How you doing, brother, I'm doing all right?
Speaker 5: Everything cool?
Speaker 9: Yeah, everything good man, everything good. Like I say, my name is cliff Man. I wanted to reach out and holler at you about a couple of things. If you got a minute, You got a minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything alright with my wife?
Speaker 9: Is something wrong is home? No?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 9: Your wife good man, Your wife good. I wanted to hit you up. Man. We've been working the post office quite a while. We've probably been in the same room a few times. Man. I don't know if you remember meeting me or not, but.
Speaker 5: Uh, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: But what I wanted to say, man, is trying to do better with my life dog, and you know, just trying to do better, you know what I'm saying. So you know, for lint man, I gave up a few things. You know what I'm saying. I just thought that would be a good thing, man, to try the things that matter the most that you're addicted to, you know, you want to get rid of. You know. What I'm saying, at least for LINT is what I trying to do. You feel me, Okay, I'm kind of confused. But what they got to do with me? Well, basically, Man, I'm giving up for LNT. You know, I decided to give up messing around with your wife. You know because because.
Speaker 5: Hold on, man, hold on, man, im at work. I don't know what you talking about. But back up and rephrase everything you just said.
Speaker 9: Well, like I say, Man, for LNT, I'm trying to I'm trying to give up stuff that I'm that I'm addicted to, you know.
Speaker 5: And I just don't tell me what they got to do with me and my wife though and you.
Speaker 9: But that's what I'm trying to tell you. Man, I'm trying to give up messing around with your wife for LNT. I mean, that's what I have given up. I've given up messing around with your wife for LNT. Man.
Speaker 5: What talking about?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Messing around with my wife? Man?
Speaker 9: Got no time for no games? Right now?
Speaker 5: Who is man like what's your name again?
Speaker 9: This is Cliff Man. I actually work with her for the last ten twelve years. But but what I wanted to really let you know is, you know, our schedule probably gonna change because what we used to be doing we ain't doing. So she's probably gonna be coming home a little bit earlier or things like that. But I don't I don't want you getting addicted to it, because you know, after letter's over, then you know we'll be back what we used to do.
Speaker 5: Man, what is you talking about?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Is my my wife said to be home in a minute. We're gonna talk about with me. Man, I'm about to hold on?
Speaker 9: What what are you?
Speaker 5: Are you in the city right now? Can I can I meet with you right now? Cliff?
Speaker 9: Right? Okay? But what I'm what I'm trying to say, well, like I'm trying to do better.
Speaker 5: You know, I gave up trying to do letter. That sounds like a bunch of to me. I got something for you and my wife.
Speaker 9: True, Okay, Okay, okay, Man, I mean, ain't you feeling me on trying to do better? Though?
Speaker 5: I ain't feeling the thing you calling me? Telling me my wife? I think we need to meet up and talk about this face to face clip of what you think.
Speaker 9: I mean, we talk right now if you want to have a conversation.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you just tell me your address and me and my wife's gonna just come on over there. How about that and we all sit down and have a little powwow. I don't know who thank you is? Man, but me and my wife been together over fifteen years and we ain't never had no problems with no like this, like the you're telling me on this phone. It sounds like a bunch of crazy to me. But somebody nick going today if they's truth.
Speaker 9: So what you need to do?
Speaker 5: You need to tell me your name, your number. And I don't know why you call from this black phone number.
Speaker 9: You hear me, man, I'm hearing you. Man, what I'm saying. The reason for the call was to let you know, you know, don't get used to her schedule because after Lint, it's gonna be back to the way it used to be. That's all the phone, man, what's up?
Speaker 5: He's you talking back? We'll get now. What's your what's your what's your what's your last name? Cliff, I'm finna come find you I'm finna come see you, not Jack.
Speaker 9: My name is Cliff. Like I said, I work at Clinton. I work at the.
Speaker 5: Post office with So okay, why come you call from a block number?
Speaker 11: Cliff?
Speaker 5: What's your phone number?
Speaker 9: Man? Hey, hey, man, listen, I'm not trying to have no confrontation with you.
Speaker 5: Man, it's already to confrontation. You can call my phone from a block number.
Speaker 11: I don't know you.
Speaker 5: You don't know me, and you're telling me you've been my wife?
Speaker 9: Are you serious? Did you know she was married? I mean what you mean did you know it was married? Yes? Or no? I mean yeah, I mean yeah, I knew she was married.
Speaker 5: Okay, what that he it is? You knew that from the jump. So that mean you've been disrespecting me from the jump. So now I got to get in your now you just in toll off on yourself. So here, regardless, I'm coming to see you today.
Speaker 9: Jack. Hey, my name ain't Jack Man. My name Clip, but you're not. I'm not to look here. I don't have no, I'm not trying to have no confrontation. I just wanted you to be aware of the schedule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I'm definitely aware of now Cliff, Who the hand is you?
Speaker 9: Man? Another thing? Man? I want to know real like, I know, I know your tattooed on your name on her little back. I've seen that. It's say Dorsey right the world.
Speaker 5: Whoa woah, woa whoa hold on, hold on man, you're telling me you've just seen the tattoo on us back?
Speaker 9: Because that what you're talking on her lower back, man, right right right right on above her tailbone. Yeah, I've seen it, Dorset, your name Dorsey? Right?
Speaker 5: Man? Who then is this man? What's your real name?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 9: They calm down? Man?
Speaker 11: Are you Are you cool with the come down you call my pom?
Speaker 9: Are you school with the schedule change? It is what I'm asking. What are you cool with her schedule change? And you see what I'm saying, Her schedule gonna come back to normal once lint is over with. I gave up messing around with her for leg But not man.
Speaker 5: I'm not cool with a thing. I'm about to be cool in your face in a minute. Now, tell me your name, tell me your number and your real address, and we're gonna talk about our list in person.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, what my name? What's your name? My name Tommy.
Speaker 5: Man, Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 9: Tell me what I mean? I mean, why you need my last name?
Speaker 5: Because I'm saying to come see you. What you mean why I need your last name?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Hold on, somebody get Edge on the phone. Hey, hold on, don't go nowhere. We're finna get Edge on the phone right now and we're gonna settle it right now. Hold on, you're on the phone. Color call for it. Ye tell me who what you're scared of?
Speaker 9: Okay, man, they call me nephew Tommy. Oh who my name? Nephew Tommy from Steve Harby Morning Show?
Speaker 2: What hell now?
Speaker 9: Shen set me up?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 9: Man, your wife got me the pray call you?
Speaker 5: Why sain't asking the phone? This needs to be against the law man the book.
Speaker 9: Hey man, I gotta ask you, baby, what's the baddest radio show in the land? Man?
Speaker 5: The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: I can guess I'm done with it, done with it.
Speaker 8: You need to be thank you that you're coming up next. It is asked the COLO, our chief love Officer, Steve Harvey in the building. You're listening Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news super Free. The Rick James Story is set to hit the stage soon. Here's a new soap opera featuring a wealthy black family living in a gated community coming to CBS. CBS and Oprah's a new special we'll dive into the new alternative ways to lose weight.
Speaker 1: That is all coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: But right now it is time for us to ask the CLO our chief Love Officer, Steve Harvey. This is from Moya in Kansas City, who says, nine years ago I left my husband and he moved another woman into our home. We never got divorced, and he's very ill. Now when he dies, I don't want to have to deal with that woman. Should I keep asking her to leave or involve the law?
Speaker 2: Well, you're not gonna have did she say when he dies?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She did, because he's very ill now very.
Speaker 2: Well, you're still married to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that on who moved in ain't gonna mean alted dob, It's not gonna mean a lotting. And the fact that y'all never got divorced and he godna move somebody there now he's sick is hell. Now you know he gonna die. Love he is very ill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do she know.
Speaker 8: Of the other woman?
Speaker 2: How old is rufus? Well? In need to find now. Anyway, y'all, don't think you have a concern.
Speaker 6: You ain't got to deal with her because by law you're married, and you said moved into our house. So I'm assuming your name is on that deed or something. This is gonna be real short and quick. Don't even worry about that.
Speaker 1: Because a woman has no legal right to be there now, not.
Speaker 2: All that squatter's rights and all that here. I don't know what this state is in, but that.
Speaker 1: Didn't Kansas City. Oh no, she has no rights right now?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, all right, all right.
Speaker 8: Moving on to Wayne in Philly. Wayne writes, I'm twenty nine years old and my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Just broke up with me.
Speaker 8: I butt got her while I was asking my coworker a lot of sexual questions.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: It was just a lunchtime conversation, and two other people were at the table. How do I make things right with my girl?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 8: I got to come on, how how can you fix it?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 8: There's nothing he could do? Ye, Okay, let's hear it, let's hear this. Lig Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: No, this ain't gonna be a lie. What is it gonna be?
Speaker 6: No, he got to come in here, this this belly side down on this one right here, big, you got to go listen. It was a group of us at the table. Yeah, I was a little bit. I was wrong for some of the things I was asking and I was just showing out in front of the table. I need you to forgive me, admit nothing. Here's my phone. We have no contact, we don't talk to each other. We were all at lunch. Now, your problem is if the two other people that was at the lunch see either way, you going me in trouble. If it was two other dudes at the table, you in trouble. If it was too and you really in trouble, and you really in trouble it was two other women at the table, Yeah, why you got so? When when's your ass become doctor Phield?
Speaker 8: But he was asking sexual questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what you talk about sometime at lunch Shure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why they broke up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, understand that he got to go. He got to cross all back.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not going to work.
Speaker 2: Some people need a flip phone though.
Speaker 7: Some people don't know how to just handle the phone situation.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 6: But more people, hell y'all butt die people all the time, and they and they see my phone call, they call right back.
Speaker 12: Oh no, he's hollering me helloud.
Speaker 8: All right, so he's gonna have to you said, he's not gonna have to.
Speaker 2: All he could do is prob. But there's no lie that I'm telling you what. No the butt dill and she heard you talking.
Speaker 6: Questions and see you didn't you ain't You didn't say that wasn't me at the beginning, which was your only hope. I don't know who you heard, but that was me. You know what, I know your voice. No, you don't, not not on the butt dial. That phone was in my pocket. But you didn't you did you never you never put the disclaimer out that it wasn't you. If you don't jump on this line. Initially hard to say this one. You had to joke.
Speaker 2: Who said soon as she said, you know I heard you talking on your phone?
Speaker 1: You heard what.
Speaker 2: You thought? That was me?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: Really like she doesn't know his voice, man, Dwight.
Speaker 6: People confused me and Dwight at work all the time. All the time I was sitting there with Dwight. I didn't ask nobody nothing.
Speaker 1: Why would I say, listen to this, here come the lies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you had to do that initially, and he had to get on that. That was Dwight. That was Dwight.
Speaker 6: We sound just the light and she don't have a recording, so I did who I'd have hammered her with that one.
Speaker 1: So when she said the lady said, Wayne, why did you ask me that?
Speaker 2: That wasn't you?
Speaker 4: There's two ways at the job. I'm talking about it Wayne up.
Speaker 6: There, it's Wayne. Well, let me talk to Wayne. He's from a timp service.
Speaker 1: Wayne too much. He broke up with your Dwayne's Wayne, Dwayne and then Wayne? Yeah, okay. Moving on to Coco and Denver.
Speaker 8: Coco says, I'm dating an ex pro athlete and he doesn't like to wear protection. I'm thirty six, so of course I want a baby. It's risky, but I'm willing to show him better than I can tell him that he needs to wrap it up. Would I be wrong if I ended up pregnant by him?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: That's just good? Playing with these kids? What's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 6: Y'all playing with these kids and these diseases. He don't like to wrap it up. He had ex pro athletes, crazy ex person. If he keep this up, get gonna be an ex person. Y'all, y'all get ship? Would I be wrong if I you want a baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's what's wrong with y'all?
Speaker 6: Y'all need to have this conversation this year you're gonna have a baby and ain't gonna have no man and all this?
Speaker 2: I don't like protection, man, get out of it. What's wrong with y'all? Too much?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Last one?
Speaker 8: Steve Miranda in College Park says, my twenty year old daughter had a baby on Valentine's Day. Her child's father ghosted her for weeks and he's back now. She wants to live with him. But I suggested he move in here so I can watch him. Am I being a good mom or a meddler?
Speaker 2: I think you being stupid to let this dude come in your.
Speaker 6: House for what's just as stupid so you can watch him, watch him do what you can't watch nobody get ghosts.
Speaker 2: He'd have done it once. What what you're gonna stop because he stayed at what? You're gonna make another one? In the why man? Man?
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 8: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 1: Morning show.
Speaker 8: So, the stage play Super Freak The Rick James Story is set to open this summer in Atlanta. Super Freak was written and produced by a comic playwright you know him very well, Tommy to carry us Johnson, and we'll explore Rick James life and legacy with all the music and drama that it was filled with. Snow Lee from Mick Condition will play Rick James and reportedly he comes very very close to macing to matching Rick James powerhouse vocals and stage show. Super Freak goes beyond Rick James's fame and shows how he overcame adversity and addiction to become a legendary artist. So, Steve, I know you don't like musicals, that's a known fact.
Speaker 1: But would you go.
Speaker 8: See Super Freak The Rick James Story, the stage play starring Stoker.
Speaker 5: You want to go?
Speaker 6: I don't know why y'all ask him this all the time. You know he not gonna I'm not going to do like like we just keep saying, where's this story going? Let's let's get up out of him. You have heard eight song what we're doing.
Speaker 1: But you love music?
Speaker 8: He love.
Speaker 6: I love music on the radio, I love music on my phone. I love live concerts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 2: Rick don't have the music that fits into a musical. That's what I want to come.
Speaker 8: Yes, well I'm going, especially because.
Speaker 2: They can. Yeah, but it's like going to you know, all them you know, church plays. They used to have.
Speaker 1: People, you know, it's just not for me. Sh I'm hey, it's all right, We're gonna move on now.
Speaker 8: Uh to CBS and the NAACP because they've announced a new Black daytime soap opera.
Speaker 1: It's called The Gates.
Speaker 8: The Gates is the first black daytime soap opera in thirty five years and will feature a predominantly black cast. The focus will be on an affluent black family and an exclusive gated community. The Gates promises multi dimensional characters, juicy storylines in black culture front and center. Uh, Tommy, I think you should go audition for The Gates, The Gates. Uh, CBS, I'm looking into The Gates.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know you Okay, I got.
Speaker 2: That should be good.
Speaker 1: And a fluent black family and an exclusive Who would you.
Speaker 2: Be good at playing Tommy?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: What type of cad.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be a militant dude in the gates that don't get along with nobody.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be me. I'm gonna be that guy in the gates.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this.
Speaker 8: Do you still want to play because you said this before a while ago, the Bobby Brown story. I mean, do you can you say you wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Tommy? Tell me you did he wanted to be Bobby Brown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, You're gonna be Bobby Brown. Could I play Bobby woman, Bobby blue.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: You ain't fit to be Bobby and womck Yeah, I mean you ain't fit to be Bobby Brown.
Speaker 2: That's for damn all that dance and his ass used to.
Speaker 7: Do dance though, huh, Bobby don't do them dances no more, no alright, and Bobby ain't doing all them dance with the rest of the group. Bobby standing to the side, he jumped.
Speaker 1: In a little bit.
Speaker 12: You're gonna get You're gonna get off the king, right, Bobby Brown? And show but Bobby break though, yes, oh yes he will.
Speaker 8: Finally, Oprah will explore the girl trend of people using alternative weight loss methods to lose weight fast and a new TV show is called an OPRAH special, Shame, Blame and the Weight Loss Revolution. The special there next Tuesday, March eighteenth, Oprah recorded a special with a live audience and she speaks with medical experts and people who have taken ozipic, people who have taken Manjaro, wagovie and other prescription diabetes and weight loss medications. So you know, I'm sure each one of us knows someone that is taking one of these weight loss drugs. Would you rather lose weight the old fashioned way or the fast track or fast track their weight loss with one of these methods?
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand people doing it, man, if it's safe.
Speaker 11: Shot, you.
Speaker 2: Did something because.
Speaker 8: Today gone tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yes, especially in America, man, because we this is a hard country to stay in shape in because of our food in the way it's processed and made. And I mean we we do a pretty bad job with preservatives and chemicals in food.
Speaker 2: We do a really bad job as a nation.
Speaker 6: That's illegal and the you know, pholic acid did not exist in other parts of the world. Preservatives are not allowed in other parts of the world. GM does not exist. We were in Africa one time and uh and we were ordered some watermelon. One of the Americans that was with us said, man, y'all ain't got no watermelon without no seeds in it. The Africans were so confused.
Speaker 2: It's growing with bro.
Speaker 6: They would that's not a thing over there that cannot happen. And that's that's when I realized a lot of times we're doing a bad job with food.
Speaker 2: So all right, coming on, I'm okay with all that stuff.
Speaker 8: We will be twenty minutes after. Have you ever taken a joke too far, guys and offended your wife or a family member or friend. We'll talk about that with these comedians right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 8: So comedian Mike Epps issued a public apology to his beautiful wife Kyra after he made some controversial remarks on his recent podcast interview. And the interview, Mike was reflecting on his life and he said, quote, one thing I'm going to get right before I leave this earth. I'm going to learn how to treat a woman one hundred percent right. That's something that I want to do for my mother, for my children, for my daughters. And now that I'm getting older, I'm realizing that you've got to treat a woman right. Mike received a lot of backlash online, with commenters saying that he was being disrespectful to his wife and the mother of his two youngest children. So, guys, comedians on the show, have you ever gone too far with a joke or a statement and you offended your wife, your family member, your friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Like right now, it's a lot of jokes about my wife right now on stage, and she ain't.
Speaker 2: Seen none of them in your new stand up show. Yeah, she ain't seen none of this.
Speaker 7: So I'm a little hesitant for her to come out because he's like everybody keep telling me, you're doing a lot about me on stage. I need to come see this, And I don't know she gonna like all that.
Speaker 1: What about your truth about your uncle Steve?
Speaker 8: What about that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Y'all? What he fine? He found.
Speaker 8: So he can take it.
Speaker 2: He can take it. I ain't.
Speaker 1: He can take BBI.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got him died to a saying.
Speaker 1: Have I yeah offended your wife or your family?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do all the all the above.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my wife got offended one time I did a joke because I told her she you know, she cussed like a white woman.
Speaker 1: So I don't really know how to react. You know, I grew over the black household.
Speaker 10: You know, she went to private school, so you know when she cusses at me, you know, you know, damn it care and it don't sound and I don't getting no reaction, you know, I just yeah.
Speaker 1: So she didn't like that.
Speaker 2: But it was funny as hell though, I know that, but not to her.
Speaker 8: She didn't like it. All right, Steve, have you offended your wife?
Speaker 6: Well, of course, you know, not my wife, but all my kids have come to me and all complained at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Daughters. So Dad, we don't want to be in your show.
Speaker 12: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: So stop using us, and I say, hey, sell the groceries in the srigerator. See, sell them rooms. Y'all got all them computers, Sell them new shoes up in there. Yeah you know what, you know what about all that stuff? Some damn jokes? Now, seeing that's how y'all ask helping to write none of these jokes. Damn it, you gonna beat the joke. I don't really give a damn how you feel about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me me out your mind.
Speaker 6: Everybody that benefited from the jokes, but ain't nobody gonna help right none, you better what no, ma'am, let's go. You are the joke, especially my daughters. Daddy, I would stop doing it, all right, So.
Speaker 8: You all are guilty. Coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, So tell me as a question for us that's been trending online.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that right after this. You're listening morning show, so tell me you got a.
Speaker 8: Question for us.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so this is for the crew, This is for everybody, y'all. Y'all, let me know what you think your answer would be? All right, here it is. That's a last Okay, you loan a friend three thousand dollars, all right? Last year, you loan a friend three thousand dollars, have not paid you back yet? Then you just you know, it's kind of putting damp on the relationship. You asked him, you know, you say, well, you know what, just give me a thousand. I'm in a buying right now. Give me a thousand, and we're just we let the other two slides. We won't even worry about it. They tell you all I got is five hundred. I can give you five hundred. And you went a buying so much you go ahead and take the fire.
Speaker 2: All right. So you get them your bank account, your information. They why you some money.
Speaker 7: Next morning, you wake up, it's five thousand dollars in your account, and you're looking at the screen trying to make sure you're looking at what you're looking at.
Speaker 2: It is five grand in the account. Now you grab your phone.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's eighty missed calls in the phone, it's eighty mixed calls.
Speaker 2: Now you look at your text.
Speaker 7: Oh, hell, it's one hundred different text messages you didn't miss from that friend that tells you, Hey, I made a mistake. I put an extra zero on there. Can you please send me forty five hundred dollars back of my money? So the question is do you do what A send the forty five hundred back? B, take hot your full three thousand and send the rest back?
Speaker 2: Or do you keep the entire five thousand dollars starting with call.
Speaker 12: B take my three and then give you your imain Yeah, yeah, yeah, seeing that you got it right, seeing that you have that three. But I'm gonna let you know.
Speaker 2: Now be sending two back. You take it your three, You send it two thousand back.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 12: Because it was five thouts yeah, right, I'm gonna keep her three whatever the remaining is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely doing b.
Speaker 2: You're getting your three out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna take my three and give it your two back. Yes, and changing my number.
Speaker 10: Boy to me, Dog, I have a brand new cell phone. I'm not giving nothing back. I give it a damn thing back.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, it took a year for me to get my freight. Now I got it to you. Ain't gonna get that too back, even.
Speaker 1: Just from an interest. Yes, I'm not finn Man.
Speaker 4: I got a new car too.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm gonna send him a scripture.
Speaker 8: And which one.
Speaker 6: That the Law would do exceedingly and abundantly over all? You think, I asked, and Jesus.
Speaker 2: See it.
Speaker 6: Five?
Speaker 2: Don't high in the world.
Speaker 6: You came through with this five after I was expecting five hundred. The Lord would do exceedingly and abundantly over all you think or ask, this is a blessing in Jesus. I don't care nothing about the miss calls them text messages, just like it took you so long to get back to me.
Speaker 2: You about to learn yourself some patience, homie.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a year. It's gonna be a by the year. Pardon now, I'm gonna give you the two back.
Speaker 6: You know out of it. But when when, oh, I know what, I got to sort some things out to make sure I don't need that too for nothing, you know, right? Yeah, no, then you know what I would really do though, seriously, what I'll go ahead, man, Thank you so much, man that you that oversight has really come in handy because I needed this in the worst way, man, So I wanted to I wanted to thank you for that, man, and I appreciate uh you clearing this up man in such a timely fashion. Here's your two thousand back. Man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Dog. You know, if you need me, call me.
Speaker 8: Coming up next the nephew and the Frank phone call for today right after this you're listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is figure me out or get out. Okay, figure me out or get out either. Oh yeah, we'll get into that find out what that it's all about in just a few because right now the nephew is here with today's Frank phone call.
Speaker 1: What you got for us?
Speaker 7: Now we're about to get stupid up in here. You'll pull over, pull over, but keep your seat belt on. How about that pull over, but keep your seat belt on? This right here is oak triosity. Oh man triosity. I mean that pull over. Put that belt on, put them hazard lights on. Put your coffee in that cup holder, hold on tight. This is oak criosity. Got dog?
Speaker 2: If you would hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach Marvin Police.
Speaker 11: Yesh, Marvin.
Speaker 2: How I'm calling you from doctor's office.
Speaker 7: I'm actually the lab technician and you you came in and got a physical I guess about.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, and my understanding this is for your for your occupation correct, Yeah, okay, you're in that.
Speaker 2: What do you do for a living when you're a.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm a driver?
Speaker 7: Okay, Now I was giving you a call about I'm here looking at your records and all the testings that you actually went through. Wow, let's see, have you had any Have you had any activity or any problems around your naval area?
Speaker 11: No, i''ve been fine, Okay, everything all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything is fine.
Speaker 7: But I mean if you you haven't had any any type of nothing, no breakout or anything around your navel or whatsoever.
Speaker 11: No, you asked me about my neighbor. Now everything going straight, man, Okay, to see what's going on? Man, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Actually, you've been diagnosed with oak triosis, and otriosis is actually a fungus that comes out of South America. And you have no activity whatsoever around your navel.
Speaker 11: No man saying thing, Man, oakrio.
Speaker 2: It's oriosis, sir.
Speaker 7: And what that what that is is actually your if you haven't had it yet you say you haven't had any activity. There's gonna be like a small little tree that's gonna be growing from your navel and it gets about six inches long and it probably bears probably about twenty five to thirty leaves on it, but it's very small.
Speaker 11: Whoa, whoa, wasn't that big boy? You see a tree gonna be growing out my nail.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a small tree.
Speaker 7: And uh, what's gonna happen is I'm gonna have to get you to come back in, probably in the next month. We're gonna need you to come in so we can check it out. But it's got to grow its fullest potential before we can actually do anything to it.
Speaker 11: Nah, I can't come in in a month. I gotta come in today. Man, somebody got to chill. We just tried to resolve. Man, I'm gonna get married.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, we can't.
Speaker 7: It has to grow it's fullest potential, sir. And uh, the full term is actually like about four weeks before we can ask me.
Speaker 11: Man, I'm not waiting for no four weeks.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 11: Somebody gotta come to me something, right, Nah, Man, I ain't finna go married. Man, have to fly out of time, man to have something growing out my neighbor. Man, i't going crazy, man.
Speaker 2: Sir otriosit. This is something. It's very rare.
Speaker 7: We were actually getting this assignment from overseas in South America on how to treat this.
Speaker 11: And I don't give it down.
Speaker 9: Where is it?
Speaker 11: Man, somebody's gonna have to come give me some help right now. Man, I'm finna get ready to get married. Man. I'm not gonna be putting up with it.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: Somebody in this office. Man got to come down there and do something for me. Man. And what you say, if you say, I can cut it out myself.
Speaker 7: So the best I can do is probably trim it a bit, you know, and maybe knock a few leaves off, but I cannot touch the full stalk at all.
Speaker 11: Man, you can cut this for the bandaid, do something? Cut it right now.
Speaker 7: You cannot, sir. If you cut it, there's a possibility of hemorrhaging. And you're gonna really create a bigger problem than what you have already.
Speaker 11: And I'm trying to get this fool that man, you didn't tell me. Ain't nobody that drive down there and get this pull with that?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get married in two weeks. Man, we're gonna fly to Jamaican. They can't now, somebody can do this for me.
Speaker 2: So you cannot pull it out.
Speaker 9: You're gonna created.
Speaker 2: Man, You're going to create a bigger problem if you try to pull it out, sir.
Speaker 11: Problem is already there. I'm trying to get this timer. Man, you mean to tell me the bigger hospital. Ain't now say me, sir?
Speaker 12: You want me to do?
Speaker 11: Man, it's not I have a lout of my and ain't you can.
Speaker 5: Do man, sir.
Speaker 7: Oak triositis is not something that we treat all the time. Like I said, it hails from South America, so.
Speaker 11: We got I don't give help from great Britain. Somebody said to come down there and help me pull it found.
Speaker 7: Man, Sir, I understand what you're going through, but we have to let it grows full term, which is four weeks, sir, the full root of it to grow.
Speaker 11: Man, I answer, grow, Man, it's going to go down right now. Man, y'all gonna have to do something.
Speaker 2: Man, Sir, there's nothing we can do. We can probably trim it a little bit.
Speaker 11: The trim get some train. Man, do something, sir.
Speaker 7: There's nothing we can do at this point but sit back and wait and let it grow its full term.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we get you I'm.
Speaker 11: Not doing no waiting.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: Somebody's feel to help me right now.
Speaker 2: Man, sir, can we get an appointment for you in the next four to five weeks? Can we do that?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 11: You got to get a pointment from me to day. I'm going to get mattered. Man, I'm finna fly to Jamaica.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 11: I can't have no kicking out of me. I can't shlapport. Man, you're gonna embarrass me like that. Man, I tak it out my neighbor.
Speaker 9: You're crazy, Sir.
Speaker 7: I understand it, and like I said, oak triositis is very rare, and it's it's something that we haven't treated that many times here in the States, but overseas, the message that we're getting is that we need to let it grow.
Speaker 1: It's full term, so we ain't.
Speaker 11: Nobody in America's got oak treat.
Speaker 2: It's oak trio, sir.
Speaker 11: So how do I get it? I don't nobody else in America got it, sir.
Speaker 7: I could not believe that you were coming up with oak triosis here in the States. It's it's something very rarely seen here. There's been two people in the past that has been diagnosed with this and they actually passed away.
Speaker 11: So now you tell them to them die and you're gonna chill me three man, I'm coming down there today. Man, somebody's gonna do.
Speaker 9: Something for me.
Speaker 2: There's nothing that we can do today until four to five weeks.
Speaker 11: I gotta go get married. I'm flying to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: I just said, Man, I'm hearing what you're saying, but I can't do anything if you don't see the tree already coming out of the navel yet.
Speaker 11: Somebody got to do something now. Now, damn what you want me to do?
Speaker 7: Man, I don't know what I want you to do, sir, But I have one more.
Speaker 11: Thing I can tell you what you got to say? Man, are you listening? I'm listening to you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 7: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harbin Morning Show. You just got pranked by your boy, earl.
Speaker 11: Man. You gotta be pleasing, man, Damn man, out my web man, you too, lift you tomming man. Man, they'll be going crazy as hell. Man, I'm looking out of my damn name of things, the tree full of go out.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 11: I'm on the man.
Speaker 2: No, you ain't on the all right now.
Speaker 11: Man, I'm already loving to get married in two weeks.
Speaker 7: Hey, man, I got one more thing to ask you, Marvin Man, what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land, Harvest Morning Show.
Speaker 11: If you're listening, your asses wi yeah, yeah, you're out of there.
Speaker 7: That's stupid on purpose right now, stupid for the purpose, and I would be stupid for the purpose this weekend. I got shows in Richmond, Virginia, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and just added one show on Sunday at three o'clock. That's the only thing up for sale right now. Everything else is soul I thank God, Thank God, I am coming to Richmond and funny mom, baby, Sunday at three o'clock. When you get about the church at one, get you something to eat on home chain clothes, fly it on over to the fronny Bone and get your laugh on. The Nephew is in town, higgins on. They ain't got a change clothes no more.
Speaker 2: Nah, they just come on. That's right. They don't wear what they used to wear. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I ain't seen a town on their church, and I don't know how long, So yeah, you're right, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just come on through there and get your laugh on, all right.
Speaker 7: Laying in the cut, my boy, Paul Davis's baby, We're doing it Saturday night, March thirtieth, Montgomery, Alabama at the Montgomery Arts perform Montgomery Performing Arts Center.
Speaker 2: Higgs on sale right now.
Speaker 7: Every quake, Nephew time and JJ Williams and celebrity to comedian. It's funny all day long. Everyone that hit the stage got what it takes and you're in for a hell of a ride. Higgs on sale right now. That's Montgomery, Baby, were going to the gulp.
Speaker 2: Baby. I might not be smart, but I never would love it.
Speaker 1: That name, all right?
Speaker 8: Coming up next, it is the Strawberry Letter and the subject is figure me Out or Get Out.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 8: You're listening Dave Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We guide it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 8: Thanking Nephew, subject figure me Out or Get Out. Dear Stephen Shirley, my husband and I met and immediately fell in love.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty eight and he's thirty four.
Speaker 8: I met him at work and he relocated and asked me to come with him after we had known each other for only two and a half months. Everything was rosy back then, and all I could think about was getting married and having babies with curly hair like his. My fairy tale life lasted for almost a year. We got married after I lived with him for about eight months. It was a difficult time for me because it was the first time I had been away from my friends and family, and I wasn't working. He was a bread winner and he didn't like paying for my upkeep, so I walked around with bushy hair on top and below. Because he also didn't want to give me the money to get wax, I insisted we go back to my hometown to get married.
Speaker 1: And he allowed it.
Speaker 8: I say aloud, because he has strict rules about everything. He likes me to dress modestly, and he screams at me when I speak out of turn. If we're having a discussion, I let him finish his complete thought and then I'm allowed to say what I want or ask questions. I'm writing you because I'm doing all that I can to learn this man. But each day there's a new rule or guideline to follow. Some days are completely normal, and he's a fun man I fell in love with. But yesterday he told me to figure him out or get out. Right after he said it. He said he was joking about getting out, but I think he was serious, and it slipped out. I will be a disgrace to my family if I go back home and my friends will gloat in my face. Is my marriage fixable or should I start packing up my life to move? Well, excuse me, you're miserable with this man. I mean, you know that's quite obvious. I mean, why would you stay with him? He's not concerned about you, your happiness, your upkeep anything. He's only interested in the things that serve him. I mean, marriage is serious. It requires more thought on your part than just having curly haired babies with a man. I mean you need to get back near your family and friends. I think so you can, they can be there for you after you leave your crazy husband with these stupid rules he's imposed and his control issues. You are not his child, you're his wife and marriage is supposed to be a partnership. But he's more interested in a dictatorship. It sounds like when he like when he allows you to do things, and all this happened in just one year. I think your folks might talk stuff, you know, they might have a lot to say and all of that if you do decide to leave, But I think the real ones will support you and help you get through this.
Speaker 1: You've let yourself go for this man.
Speaker 8: You've got to get back to who you are, get a real job, get out of there, and like I said, get back to.
Speaker 2: You, Steve Wow.
Speaker 6: You know I don't normally start at the bottom of a letter because I like to walk people through the process. But I'm gonna change that today. I'm starting at the bottom of the figure me out or get out? Should I start packing up my life to move? My response to you is this girl, go home, run home? Do you can't get out of town fast enough. I can't even tell you how bad this is going to get. If you think it's bad now, you sign on the dotted line for this foolishness here. People don't understand something God taught me this one time. He said, the day after you get married, the only thing that changes is the appearance of your left hand third finger.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: At Whatever you was before is gonna continue and probably worsen. I don't even know what you see in this here. You don't know the man because you moved too quickly. You twenty eight thirty four, you met him at work and he relocated and he asked you to come with him, and y'all only known each other for two and a half months. You say everything was rosy back then, and all you could think about was getting married and having babies with this curly hair like kid. But then you said your fair tale life lasted for almost a year. You said, we got married after I lived with him for about eight months, so I didn't quite see that. I thought they was getting married. But you had you got married after you live with it about eight months. It was difficult because you had never been away from your family and friends. You wasn't working. He was the bread winner. See remember now he asked you to relocate with him. You didn't get a job, You just went with him. But now he don't like paying for upkeep. So now you walk around bushy hair on top end below. We got to do something. Now all I'm saying we had to get cut somewhere. We're gonnad to get one cut. You know, I might not have money for two, but we got money for one one cut. The decision is yours anyway, because he don't like to give you money for your upkeep. You don't get money to get waxed. What and but you insisted that you go back to your hometown to get married. And then you say he allowed it, I say aloud, because he has strict rules about everything. He likes me to dress modernly modesty and screams at me when I speak out of turn.
Speaker 2: What wait?
Speaker 6: Man, hold up, there's a man that's living with a woman and don't let her speak out of turn?
Speaker 2: What woman is this? Where's she still?
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 2: She just speak in her turn? Where is she at? And it's not your turn yet?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 2: Okay? I don't know what is with that? All right?
Speaker 8: Hang on, Steve, that ain't the one I live with. We'll have part two of today's Strawberry Letter and your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the title is The subject is figure me out or get out.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening, all right?
Speaker 8: Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is figure me out or get out?
Speaker 6: Look like I said I started at the bottom of this letter. Yes, lady, you should pack up and move home. You should go home? She come talking about if I go back home, my friends will gloat in my face. It's my marriage fixable? Or should I start packing up my life to move girl?
Speaker 2: Go home? No, thisce is not fixable. You're married to a narcissist. That's what.
Speaker 6: You're married to a person who only considers himself. He asked you to relocate with him. You will relocate with him. He's the breadwinner. He don't give you money for upkeep. You can't get your hat done, you can't get waxed, you're walking around, you're feeling crazy, looking crazy. He got rules at the house, and then he was the one that started it for me, because anyway you say he allowed you. You wanted to get married in your hometime, he allowed it. But he has strict rules about everything. He likes me to dress modestly, and he screams at me when I speak out of turn, out of turn when my wife is talking, I be trying to get a turn. Let alone, huh speak out of turn? Where she who you married? Where does woman.
Speaker 2: Stay at tamp sharp talk to shop? I can't.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what that reason. I don't even know the end result of that in my house. But I can't, lady, I don't even know how you going for that? Right there, I let him finish his complete thoughts and then I'm allowed to say what I want or ask questions. So you're letting him treat you this way. I'm writing you because I'm doing all that I can to learn this man. But each day there's a new rule of guideline to follow. Some days are completely normal, and he's the fun man I fell in love with. But yesterday he told me to figure him out a get out. Judge Lynn told it said this to me one time about women. She said, her grandma told her, don't ever let a man have to tell you twice. He don't want you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: He is telling you in joke for him, but he's living the whole life. He don't let you talk out of turn. He make you dress a certain way. He don't get you no money to fix yourself up. So anyway, right after he said it, he said he was joking about getting out, but I think he was serious, and it slipped out. I would be a disgrace to my family if I go back home and my friends will gloat in my face. Is my marriage fixable or should I start packing up my life to move on? How you gonna be a disgrace to your family? So you gonna stay there? Lady, You better get out of here, for you mess un and have a child with this food. You don't have children, right now, go home, Go home. He not trying to do right. He about himself. Two and a half months you moved in with the dude in the left town. You don't know this guy, the person. You've got to know him. The real person has emerged. And what you're dealing with is a narcissist. And what you're dealing with is a control freak. And what you're dealing with a person that's cheap, that don't care about your feelings and how you look, and don't let you talk because it's not your turn I do. That's the only thing, the part that's the only redeeming part in this letter. I want to know what do he say to get you to be quiet? Why he talking?
Speaker 2: I just want to know what it is that you know. I don't want to learn nothing else.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I buy my girl. I do for my girl.
Speaker 6: Her up keepers immaculate. I ain't got no problem with that. You can shop, you can go take care of yourself. You know you can do what you want to do. I just want to know what did he say get you to stop talking? How do how can I get my wife to stop talking? Out of turn? How do I get my wife to let me.
Speaker 2: Have a turn.
Speaker 6: Sometimes sometimes I just want to turn. I don't want I don't want to interrupt you. Just can I talk without being interrupted? Because fellas, I'm gonna tell you, the biggest part for us is when we do talk, y'all interrupt that.
Speaker 2: How many times?
Speaker 8: This is very famous?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, no, no, here it is. Here's y'all's famous word. After we y'all in talk, we let you talk. Then we started talking. Oh no, no, no, no no no, oh no no no, oh no no no, that's not what happened. Oh I remember exactly what happened. No, this is what you said. Well, no, baby, what I meant was no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: What you said was.
Speaker 1: We'll get the facts.
Speaker 2: But see, y'all ain't see right there, see.
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 2: You need to do like this lady in this letter and wait your damn turn.
Speaker 11: I just need to know.
Speaker 2: That what I'm saying, that what I'm saying, what is this man saying to make you wait on your turn? That's all I want from you, just.
Speaker 6: Sitting that in look other than that, lady, I can't help you, but you can help me, though. Please tell me what he's saying to you to get him, to get you to stop talking till it's your turn.
Speaker 2: That's all I want from this.
Speaker 6: That all my years of Strawberry Letter, I ain't heard this one yet, but years old, I say, go home. He ain't trying to fix this. He wants it his way on the highway. And I don't know how far away from home you move, but I'm on the highway. You ain't got nothing, you ain't got no furniture.
Speaker 8: And it's only been a year. She can get out, all right, get out now.
Speaker 2: I don't give it damn.
Speaker 8: On Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the very free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good. Coming up next to Junior waiting in the cup with Sports Talk right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show and it's time now for Junior and sports Talk.
Speaker 10: What you got, Junior, Well, I'll tell you one thing. I want my last name to be Cousins, because Kirk Cousins is going to Atlanta one hundred and eighty me.
Speaker 2: I just want to be a Cousins.
Speaker 10: Money man, tummy and a hundred million guaranteed.
Speaker 1: This is second hundred million dollar contract.
Speaker 10: God godly, ah man, if you got a son, just they can start throwing the football just one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and eighty me?
Speaker 4: Do you feel like he's worth a hundred and eighty me?
Speaker 6: It's not what you're worth. It is what you can negotiate, Oh God, clearly, never what you're worth. It's what you can negotiate if But you took me a long time.
Speaker 2: Learning that well.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 10: Also here another big news, Sakwan Barkley going to Philadelphia and the Giants fans is mayd godly, did you see what Tikey Barbara said?
Speaker 1: Take Barbara said, you're dead to me. You're dead to me? You dead boy. He's hurt.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: They take that serious in New York, Philadelphia and the Giants.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, no, no, why you mad at sat Kwan? Jove's gotta pay the money the man asked for their football team. Say you what is Tiki Barbera mad at him.
Speaker 1: For because he went to Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: Dog he went to wear the money at Tiki the same place you the work.
Speaker 2: What you know what it is? Oh man?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Josh Jacobs leaving the Raiders and he's going up to Green Bay.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: He got him a four year, four the eight million dollar deal. So uh yeah, running Backs is moving. They're getting paid now getting paid.
Speaker 2: Come on, go to Cleveland. I was, come on going Cleveland.
Speaker 4: He ain't sign nobody yet, and Junior.
Speaker 6: I agree with you want her now? I found out you right, they got to pay Russell Wilson. Never got to pay him that thirty eight man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, they got to pay it to right yesterday.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 2: All right, But let's get to this though.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 10: Have y'all seen the story about Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott is founding a lawsuit against a woman who said she he sexually assaulted her back in twenty seventeen, and she was extorting him, said will be quiet if you give me one hundred million dollars. And this was in Plano in twenty seventeen, in the back seat of his suv. Now a hundred million dollars one hundred minutes just to be quiet.
Speaker 6: Not only am I not gonna be quiet? We can go, we can sign together, we can do so, we could have a group together. If you lying about that, no, no, no, no, If you lying about that.
Speaker 10: Now that's saying, hey, I guess they're coming back to him. So now he said, hey, listen, I'm not paying that.
Speaker 2: I'm found a.
Speaker 1: Lawsuit because he didn't do it. He said false allegations.
Speaker 8: So all right, coming up at the top of the hour, a man feels like he's been betrayed by his hairstylist and he needs some advice from you, Steve.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening Morning show. All right, So Steve, this is from Kingston and Richmond.
Speaker 8: Kingston says, I'm a forty nine year old man and my hair specialist adds hair to the front of my head for my hairline. I know you joke with Junior about this, but it might be hurtful. Let me tell you why. My hairstylist asked me. My hair specialist asked to do before and after videos of my hair, and he promised he'd cover my face. People still figured out that it's me because of my voice and the tattoo on my neck. My friend Chuck got the video and he spread it. I'll never be able to live this down. I want to knock my hair special it's out. How can I repay him for this embarrassment?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not.
Speaker 6: You're not going to be able to do that. Cyber space lives forever. So now it's out there that I won't address this part right here that it might be away for to Junior Junior. I didn't bring it up now day one or whatever his name is or what's his name?
Speaker 1: Day one and his name is kings You already give it to him. Yeah, nobody know him, but he's just trying to get to Junior and the stuff in here.
Speaker 2: Doing neck tattoos and putting him on video. Dog we know is you?
Speaker 6: Now, I know you tease Union. It might be hurtful. What I'm purpose for this it to try to hurt Junior, to get Junior to move forward. Now, I appreciate you Kingston for coming in and helping me with Julie together. It's trying to help you because I don't even know. But two things I need from you, Kingson. First of all, don't call me no more. Tell me how to treat my people that I mentor. And then secondly, can you send us your hairdresser number so let him see chill see what we could do that right here. The only thing wrong with kill is that headline.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 6: And if we can just get it to move up in front of the headsets. So when we on the zoom, like see like right now he got his hat on back, and see how you look he got his hat on back now right and see what he put his head sets on.
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 1: What is you prove it?
Speaker 2: Saying what I know you didn't. I know you didn't take your hat on some of my hea go now here go, no, no, not here go if dad go.
Speaker 6: Now, what you're not gonna do is tell me that I'm hurting junior fielder, because what me and I'm trying to get junior doe walk towards the light.
Speaker 2: You know, listen to me.
Speaker 6: If you start to brush in your hair and you put the brush on your hair behind your.
Speaker 2: Ears, no more, yeah do.
Speaker 5: This, no more.
Speaker 7: If you brush any head more than half, if you brush your head, that's it's time to get and that's all to.
Speaker 6: It in junior junior good though, man, junior great, Well, we don't have no this is just I don't I don't care what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love my hand.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 4: It's like King's saying, that.
Speaker 1: Can hurt your feelings? Is that hurting your feelings.
Speaker 4: Even you better get you, better get numb on this show. Better not better not have no feelings in here.
Speaker 1: That didn't answer the question. Yeah, I know it'll bother me.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna now ask me. Do I care?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Wait? No?
Speaker 4: Do you care about this hairline?
Speaker 9: Do you really? I do?
Speaker 2: I very much care.
Speaker 1: You don't care about your feelings?
Speaker 8: Your turls the way geez.
Speaker 2: She's gone, oh oh to committed to your blessing. She's gone.
Speaker 1: The hairline.
Speaker 2: It's a Hall of Note song right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Yeah, thank you Kingston.
Speaker 12: Appreciate you though, so you shout out you thinking Kingston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Kingson forgiving uncle some.
Speaker 6: More, some more, Ammo, please send us the number to your hairdresser that's putting these line and back on head, Junior, there is hope.
Speaker 8: All right, listen, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Seve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 8: So there's this nail spot in Atlanta. It's trending because the social media influencer posted a video while she was getting a pedicure and having Hennessy. Yes, Hennessy was being poured over her feet. The female influencer said in the video, quote, Atlanta, have you ever had a back massage or a mobile bar with signature drinks and snacks while you're getting your nails done? They have the twenty four carried gold pedicure where they actually put the gold on your feet and it feels amazing. So social media trolls began dragging the Hennessy pedicure and other beauty practices at the Buckhead.
Speaker 1: Signature nail salon.
Speaker 8: Even Hennessy reps jumped in on the chat on X and commentent quote, we hope not, but we.
Speaker 2: Hope that.
Speaker 1: You don't want Hennessy times. What is it supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Well, you get one of them little snippers that put that little bitty, tiny little cut on there, you put their hands on if you're gonna kick the teeth out your petty kids that right now?
Speaker 8: Have you had that a cut and your cuticle?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do what did it? Man say?
Speaker 6: I used two ladies to come by the house. Both of them Marjorie proved. The one of them is really really good and never no problem with this other one, she real fast, she do everything she really, she's like real herky jerking Paul.
Speaker 2: The other day.
Speaker 6: Man, you don't know it until they're gone though. Yeah the next day, little tender toes.
Speaker 8: All right, coming up in thirty three minutes after we'll play around it. Would you rather right after this?
Speaker 1: You're listening hard morning show?
Speaker 8: Time? Now to play around? I would you rather? Would you rather only have your top row of teeth? Or would you rather only have only be able to see straight ahead? So those are your options? Top row of teeth are only sea straight ahead like a horse, straight ahead, like a race horse.
Speaker 2: I got his teeth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so you don't need to turn ye teeth though, me and these teeth and me gonna be straight. What good is it if you turn your head to see that you ain't got no damn teeth?
Speaker 2: Not everybody?
Speaker 9: No, Now.
Speaker 1: To the left, to the right, all right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather butter be can ice cream? Or a banana pudding ice cream?
Speaker 1: Which is dead.
Speaker 2: Can? Who is that.
Speaker 1: Speech?
Speaker 5: But can?
Speaker 1: It's pecan? It's pecan?
Speaker 8: It depends what what?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: When I say pe can? You guys say pecan?
Speaker 2: Butter?
Speaker 1: Pecan ice can? I don't want that pian we're not talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, I always excuse me?
Speaker 1: Do you all have butter pecan ice cream?
Speaker 8: Because whatever?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 8: Would you rather?
Speaker 2: Nobody? That's why a lot of people don't.
Speaker 8: Fool with you, because I say, butter we can?
Speaker 2: What you can?
Speaker 1: Butter we can? What do you want? Butter pecan or banana pudding?
Speaker 8: Banana pecan pie?
Speaker 1: Pecan we can't pie? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I didn't know my co with this boos.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that dumb.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Would you rather which ice cream plate? I'd rather pecan?
Speaker 6: Well, based on how you saying it, I'm gonna go with the banana putting head and least he can't.
Speaker 2: I don't tell what the hell I'm finna get.
Speaker 6: The little tiny ass chips of butter pecan, butther butter pe can but can?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I can becas moving on, So everybody wants what we want, what we know how to pronounce?
Speaker 1: I want butter pecan, but I.
Speaker 2: I won't call her to start doing would you rather?
Speaker 9: She?
Speaker 1: You guys saying next Shirley next, No, the Casper slide or the wobble Well.
Speaker 7: I don't even know the castle slide. I'm the wobble all day separated us right.
Speaker 8: There, Yeah, all right, at forty nine minutes, that's today's rounded. Would you rather God, We'll be back with our closing. Steve will close out the show at forty nine minutes after right after this, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening hard morning show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day and Steve.
Speaker 8: We didn't get a chance to get to this question from Josinda and Kenwood before we get out of here. Jasinda says, one of the elders at the church gave me a handful of folded bills two sundays ago. I heard he was losing his marbles, so I kept the money so I could give it back to his wife this past Sunday. I put the four hundred dollars in cash in her hand and explained what happened.
Speaker 1: At the end of service. She confronted me like I want her old man.
Speaker 8: I told her to watch her tone and to be grateful I returned the money. How do I keep her from spreading untruths about me at my church?
Speaker 6: See right there, see right there? What a lot of times y'all. Be y'all understand a blessing?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 8: He should have just kept the money.
Speaker 6: If he losing his marbles, maybe the Lord send him to you with them loose marbles and put that four hundred in your hand.
Speaker 2: That's a blessing. What's you talking to his wife, Paul?
Speaker 1: Why she thought she was doing the right thing?
Speaker 2: Well you know now now.
Speaker 6: Now you're trying to take her little old ignorant ass he husband.
Speaker 8: That's what his wife thinks.
Speaker 2: Who wants who wants somebody that ain't rap right?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: Nobody? Nah, you don't sign up for that, especially the old man. You do not do that.
Speaker 6: Don't even worry about that. So, no, you did the wrong thing. And I don't know what you should do. You know, you could put it on the church bulletin board that I returned the four hundred dollars to uh elder reefers and cause he tried.
Speaker 2: To hit on me with it.
Speaker 6: But I know, my God, you can make it a church announcements. Thank you all for coming out of our church announcements. Brother Ponne all place four hundred dollars in my hand. But I knew it was a test from the Lord, because we all know he's not doing well. He's suffering with some loose marbleisms. And so what I've decided to do is return the money and tied to the church. I gave them four hundred at my tide and covered a couple of weeks. You know, you got to get creative, you know, when you're dealing with foods, you got to you got to counterfoolery.
Speaker 1: Already.
Speaker 2: What is you doing? You're on the zoom, Tommy, there's clothing.
Speaker 1: Were donna know that?
Speaker 2: Are we looking at?
Speaker 1: Legh?
Speaker 2: And that just happened to me. Man, I was on my fire side. Child, we got a dog. I was on my fire side chat and this man got on the zoom. I don't know who let him in.
Speaker 6: He laying in bed with your shirt on, and the chain went with him with the sheep pulled up just over his nipples, talking and I said, oh dog, my clothes at I ain't never had no conversation with no man and no bed dog.
Speaker 2: So he had his top up and talked.
Speaker 6: I thought he was in the hospital. And I'm looking at my nephew, and all of a sudden all I see is thigh.
Speaker 2: Well, what is your doing? I got shuts up, I said, what did he have? Lost his damn man?
Speaker 8: You know how easily just cracked.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to, you know, help lady at the church. All of a sudden, yep, rubbing his thigh.
Speaker 2: I'm going holder back talk. What is she doing? We on the zoom, I got a ten said, you got Tommy man.
Speaker 8: Spring trying to show everyone.
Speaker 2: Now I'm trying to see the coloration myself too much.
Speaker 7: So I think, you know, I think this is another subject. I think our kids. I think they think they're supposed to go somewhere every spring break. I think they that's that's just in their head. Now that you're supposed to get a trip, you're supposed to do something. I wonder where they got that from.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 12: Well, I tell you over here. My husband shut that down. He looked ata staycation. You just got a car going back up stair.
Speaker 2: Staycation. You just got a car at home. Go outside the city in your car, Hello, spring.
Speaker 1: Break House of driving to Carlo. She's a really really good driver.
Speaker 8: Oh that's good, really good.
Speaker 1: You know you're worry about the other people on the road.
Speaker 6: That's the problem, the drive. But that that's how my father taught me how to drive. He taught me how to drive. You already know what you're gonna do. You got to watch everybody else. Keep looking in that real view meal, look on your side, mill watch them. You know what you're gonna do. Keep your eye on them and that and that has kept that made me a really, really good driver. Yeah, but I was driving since I was thirteen because I had to take your mom at the church.
Speaker 2: I think the church.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest thing my daddy taught me was don't don't be the first one pull off that light.
Speaker 2: Hold up a minute, right, and they let a couple of seconds go. Yeah, because the fool is coming. The fool is coming.
Speaker 12: She does that too, she's at the lights. She'll look both ways and then she's really good. She likes to drive on the freeway more in the city because all have stopped and going into all that.
Speaker 1: Like to just get on the way, get a little.
Speaker 6: I remember, you know what, I remember the exact first time I ever drove on the freeway. I know, the exact first time I was in the sixty eight uh station wagon.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah, that was the first time I drove on the freeway.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, hell them people mad now them people on the freeway, they mad.
Speaker 1: Mad, calm down, Have a.
Speaker 6: Great day, y'all. Talk to God. He'd absolutely love to hear from you. In the meantime, y'all stay in peace, We all.
Speaker 8: For all. Steve Every contacts, no purchase necessary, void were prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise d For complete contest rules, visit steveharveyfm dot com.
Speaker 1: You're listening shoot the Steve Harvey Morning Show.