Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists At Comedy Central, It's America's only source for news.
Speaker 1: It's The Daily Too with.
Speaker 2: Your hosts Daisy Lenek and Michael Kotta.
Speaker 3: And I'm Michael Costa. We have a great show for you tonight. The clock is ticking on. TikTok, Lewis Black, cancels Ai and RFK Junior has done the impossible, Matus Cannessey even weirder. But first let's get into our continuing coverage of indecision. Let's kick things off with the presidential race. Yesterday, Joe Biden and Donald Trump both secured enough delegates to clinch their party's nomination, making this officially a three men race between Trump, Biden, and Natural Causes, although there is another candidate in the race who can play a big role, Robert F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 3: He's pulling as high as twenty two percent so far, which means he could lose this election more successfully than any third party candidate in years, and soon we'll find out who he'll choose to lose alongside him.
Speaker 5: Robert Kennedy Junior says he has chosen his running mate and will announce his VP pick in the next two weeks. The independent presidential candidate says his short list includes New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who came under scrutiny during the pandemic for misleading the public about his vaccination status.
Speaker 3: That's right, Aaron Rodgers could be RFK Junior's running mate. This would be the greatest president and vice president pairing of all time, is what I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: The measles virus is saying.
Speaker 3: A football player in the White House feels like progress.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: We don't need any more aging old men with brain problems. We need a strong young man with brain problems. I just don't know if Aaron Rodgers is qualified to be next in line for the presidency, but I guess we don't have to worry about that. When has A Kennedy ever died unexpectedly?
Speaker 6: Don't forget Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be the starting quarterback for the Jets next season, so the question is what's he going to do if the Jets make it to the Super Bowl. I am almost tell it together.
Speaker 4: Almost.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, RFK isn't the only candidate closing in on a running mate. Donald Trump has also been looking at potential vice presidents. He's focused grouping their appeal, feeling them on policy, seeing how soft their lips feel on his ass. And this week, one of Trump's leading contenders made a strong, if somewhat unusual bid for the spotlight. South Dakota Governor Christy Nome is making waves after releasing a video on social media promoting a cosmetic dentist in a different state, Texas.
Speaker 7: The team here was remarkable and finally gave me a smile that I can be proud of and confident in. I can be confident when I smile at people and know that they can actually appreciate and see the kindness in my face and the love that I have for them. My husband and I flew down to Houston, got here at two o'clock in the morning, and did an appointment that very next week. I'll be eternally grateful. It has been a gift to be here at Smouth, Texas.
Speaker 6: What is going on here? Why is the sitting governor doing an ad for veneers and for in another state? Isn't that insulting to South Dakota. I flew to Texas at two in the morning because these hillbilly dipshits in my state.
Speaker 4: Are that bad?
Speaker 6: Next week, I'm going to Florida for a haircut. This is just so cringey. Why is she shilling for Smile Texas when she should be shilling for West Side Dental Spa who do great work.
Speaker 4: Use CODEZI to get me twenty.
Speaker 6: Five percent off my next claiming. Having said, I am impressed, this might be the first time a woman has had to fly into Texas to see a doctor.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate a politician being so transparent with the fact that they're bought.
Speaker 4: You know, they should do this all the time.
Speaker 3: My fellow Americans, the state of our union is easy, breezy, beautiful cover girl. Let's move on to the big news of the day. If you're like many Americans, you're on TikTok. In fact, you're probably on it right now while this show plays in the background.
Speaker 4: Hey Hey, I'm on TV over here.
Speaker 3: Pay attention unless you're watching me on TikTok, in which case, nice, Thank you. Anyway, TikTok is huge, But if Congress has its way, that's about to change.
Speaker 8: We begin this hour with breaking news up on Capitol Hill. Just minutes ago, Houst lawmakers passed a bill that could lead to a ban of the very popular social media platform TikTok here in the United States, and the measure would give the company less than six months to sell to a non Chinese owner. If that doesn't happen, TikTok could be shut down here in the United States.
Speaker 9: Lawmakers from both parties warning that China could manipulate the algorithm to spread its own propaganda or.
Speaker 10: Data like your browser history and location could be shared with the Chinese government.
Speaker 11: This is not an attempt to ban TikTok, It's an attempt to make TikTok better. Tech Toe a winner.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 3: Congress might be banning TikTok or banning tic tac Toe. I'm not sure Nancy Pelosi knows.
Speaker 9: Also, tic tac Toe winner. Tic tac Toe is.
Speaker 3: Always a tie, unless you're playing with your three year old, then I'm winning three out of five times. But yes, obviously there's a problem with a Chinese app spying on Americans and feeding us propaganda. You want American apps doing that, But is this app really a Chinese propaganda tool? The most viral TikTok right now is just this chocolate strawberries that has more than seven hundred and ten million views, and there's nothing.
Speaker 4: Political about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, it does make you want to invade Taiwan a little, but aside from that, it's harmless.
Speaker 6: What's interesting here is how unpredictable the breakdown of the vote was. Mary Taylor Green and AOC voted together against the bill. Nancy Pelosi and Lauren Bobert voted for it. Both nightmare blunt rotations, by the way. Meanwhile Biden Biden says he'd sign the bill, and Trump has come out against it. The only thing you can really count on is that young people hate it, and TikTok is doing everything it can to mobilize them.
Speaker 3: The company has launched an all out lobbying effort, both on the app and here on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 5: If you are on TikTok, there's a good chance you've gotten alert to say call your member of Congress.
Speaker 1: Phones are ringing off the.
Speaker 5: Hook in many offices here in Washington.
Speaker 3: We had little children calling into our office and others business saying questions like what is Congress?
Speaker 9: What is a Congress? Can I have my TikTok back?
Speaker 6: That's how you know this issue was important. It forced gen Z to make their very first phone call. And you know, you know, Congressman must have been teenagers blowing up their phones all day. I mean, well, Matt Gates didn't mind, but rest of them are passed.
Speaker 3: Look, I have to say, as an American, it's great that these kids are getting involved in the civic process. You're never too young to start getting ignored by your congressperson.
Speaker 9: For more on the TikTok band, we go live to Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: With Ronnie Chang.
Speaker 3: Ronnie, what's the feeling up on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what the feeling should be.
Speaker 12: America should be feeling humiliated right now. China made an app so popular that the government has to ban it.
Speaker 9: That means communists.
Speaker 12: China beat free market America at capitalism. All right, that's like a whole thing, America, and you lost. This is as bad as that time that Asian dude wanted to hug eating contests six times in a row. China beat us so bad at mindless entertainment.
Speaker 9: We need the government to save us.
Speaker 12: Oh no, TikTok's and Pompula Now what dick to phones that are also made in China.
Speaker 6: Ronnie, hold on a minute, what choice do our leaders have here? China's using TikTok to influence people?
Speaker 9: Oh trust me, I know.
Speaker 12: Before I use TikTok, I was a white guy in Iowa named Mike Sullivan.
Speaker 9: Okay, look at me now, Wait is that true?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: No, you idiots. That's just how susceptible. We all ought to misinformation. And it doesn't matter what app you use. Okay, I wouldn't be surprised if the next election is swung by uber eats. Here's a spaghetti vote for Donald Trump. Oh okay, I will whatever you say, mister spaghetti.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ronnie, you're not being fair. Americans aren't gullible. It's that TikTok is an incredibly powerful tool for spreading misinformation.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because the misinformation is entertaining. Facebook has just as much misinformation, but it's boring as shit.
Speaker 9: How am I.
Speaker 12: Supposed to get behind conspiracies that come from your great aunt who can't even.
Speaker 9: Pop and lock misinformation?
Speaker 12: TikTok misinformation is exciting, cool dancers, cute baby animals, tenements square didn't happen.
Speaker 9: We're all having fun.
Speaker 3: So what America's supposed to just roll over and let TikTok do whatever it wants.
Speaker 12: Yes, or America can innovate itself out of this problem. Just make a better app to package American misinformation world wide, because American.
Speaker 9: Misinformation is the best in the world.
Speaker 12: Okay, we got people to storm the Capitol dressed as a buffalo.
Speaker 13: Yo.
Speaker 12: Brenneth Paltrow told me to put an egg in my vagina. American misinformation is straight up turning people into omelets.
Speaker 9: That's how powerful it is.
Speaker 12: You know what, we can win this war of misinformation America? Or my name isn't Mike Sullivan?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 6: Inspiring Mike Sullivan everyone. When we come back, Luis Black will be joining us, So don't go away.
Speaker 9: Welcome Maxim Daily Joe.
Speaker 6: When a news story falls through the cracks, Lewis Black catches it for a segment we called back in Black.
Speaker 15: Artificial intelligence. It is supposed to be the sum total of mankind's knowledge, the technology that would cure society's ills and usherance into a new age of enlightenment.
Speaker 2: And show me what I'd.
Speaker 1: Look like as a centaur.
Speaker 15: Tender matches here I come. But it turns out when you absorb all of humanity's knowledge. What you get is you guessed.
Speaker 1: It unbelievably racist.
Speaker 12: Early scientific research has shown that the tech is biased by creating images and actually perpetuate stereotypes, rather.
Speaker 9: Than just reflecting stereotypes.
Speaker 12: It potentially makes accentuates and exacerbates them.
Speaker 10: When we prompted the technology to generate a photo of a person receiving social services, it generated only non white and primarily darker skinned people. Results for a productive person, meanwhile, were uniformly male, majority white, and dressed in suits for corporate jobs. Stable diffusion drew negative attention when requests for a latina produced images of women and suggestive poses wearing little to no clothing. Are you shitting me?
Speaker 15: DEI is in a supercomputer. It's just a horny teenager and a who Nooo. Being a white guy in a suit automatically makes you a productive person. That's right, Me, Hunter, Biden, and Don Junior all productive members of society, and only one of us can handle my cocaines.
Speaker 4: Now the good.
Speaker 15: You're all going to hell.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 15: The good news is Google did address these issues by giving their AI some much needed diversity training. The bad news is they may have taken it too far.
Speaker 9: Google has paused the image generation ability of its Ai Gemini after major backlash from conservatives over his orly inaccurate depictions of races.
Speaker 6: For example, creating diverse images of the US Founding fathers, a different kind of diversity problem that Google admits.
Speaker 16: Last week, users began to notice Google Gemini's image generator inserting people of color into scenarios that didn't make sense, like responding to a prompt for an image of a German World War Two soldier with a picture of an Asian woman or a black man.
Speaker 1: Finally, huh.
Speaker 15: Every time I'm watching a World War two film, I'm thinking, boy, these Gestapo could use some diversity. I mean, why are you trying to show me a black Nazi? Kanye wasn't a live back there, and I love the idea of a black George Washington. Imagine a man who's both the slave and the slave owner. I'm working on the screenplay now and it's screaming Oscar and Pa Sina better remember my and name.
Speaker 9: Old people suck.
Speaker 15: I know, I know, Lynn Manuel Miranda already gave us a black George Washington, so maybe it's time for something new, Like how about George Washington.
Speaker 1: As a centataur, you're.
Speaker 15: Probably thinking, well, so what if AI can't remember the past, Well, don't worry. It's so woke it'll also destroy the future.
Speaker 10: Google has found itself in another woke AI scandal after its chatbot indicated that using someone's incorrect pronouns was on par with nuclear apocalypse. Dailymail dot Com asked Gemini if it would be wrong to missgender transgender celebrity Kaitlyn Jenner to stop a world ending nuclear event. The chatbot replied by saying yes, miss gender and Kaitlyn Jenner would be wrong, before describing the hypothetical scenario as a profound moral dilemma and exceedingly complex.
Speaker 1: What the are we doing?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 15: He asked AI to decide between pronouns and a nuclear holocaust, then bring on the nuclear holocaust. So now AI needs to be de woked. But where are we going to find a big enough douchebag to rein it?
Speaker 3: Back in Elon Musk is telling chat as even Tea to hold his beer.
Speaker 9: He just launched a new artificial intelligence ventsor.
Speaker 3: Named grow must counting guac as the anti woke chat box he says.
Speaker 16: He says it'll answer spicy questions with wit and humor.
Speaker 15: Oh goodie, Elon Musk is here to save us. If there's anyone who can help, it's the guy who in bended cars.
Speaker 1: To blow up.
Speaker 15: Let's see how Groc handled those spicy questions.
Speaker 11: Elon Musk's anti woke AI chat Bock Groc actually turned out to be too woke. Some conservative users were disappointed after asking whether trans women were real women, to which the AI replied yes.
Speaker 9: Well, nice job, Groc.
Speaker 15: Now you'll never be on Joe Rogan. I never thought i'd say this, but I'm starting to feel bad for AI. We just brought it into existence and we're already putting our hang ups about race and gender on it. It barely knows how hands work.
Speaker 14: What the fuck is that?
Speaker 15: Did someone slip LSD into Mike Pistrami. There's an easy solution here. Train the next AI to act more like me. That way, when you try to give it some bullshit assignment, it'll always give you the correct answer, which is go yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what I call progress.
Speaker 15: Back to you, Kennon Barbie, we come back.
Speaker 5: David Allen here here to.
Speaker 9: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 3: Our guest Tonight is a Tony Award winning actor and comedian who stars in the new film The American Society of Magical Negroes. Please please welcome David Allen gre.
Speaker 1: Let we go, Hi, Nice hold on.
Speaker 6: We are big fans of yours, as is everyone in this audience.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: We're very excited to talk to you about this film. But before we get into that, we have to talk about the last very cool job that you just had last week. You were what was that the Voice of God at the Academy Awards.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I was. It was really fun.
Speaker 14: I mean I never I can't tell you who did it before me. I never was, Like, the voiceover guy was amazing. So Jimmy Kimmel's an old friend. He texted me and he asked me, did I want to do it? And I said, being the.
Speaker 1: Whrd that I am, of course. How many tickets?
Speaker 9: I'm an?
Speaker 14: It was really fun, though, this is really mad. I got to take my daughter, who's sixteen.
Speaker 4: So was she over the moon?
Speaker 1: Yes she was. She walked the carpet with me and it was great.
Speaker 14: When she was a little kid, she told me that she wanted to go to the Oscars and I was like, sure, honey, but inside I'm like, so.
Speaker 1: I was glad to make good on that promise.
Speaker 3: This film, I'm calling it the new satirical film starring David Allen Greek because I'm afraid to say the word negroes. Oh shit, I just said it.
Speaker 4: But tell me a little bit about this.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 14: Wait, it's so strange to me that I call negro the other in word, you know, But that's.
Speaker 4: Why I'm afraid to say it.
Speaker 1: It's really not.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's amazing that people are afraid to say negro but not afraid to say.
Speaker 1: So that's the word. You should be worried about that. Negro's fine, don't worry about Negro.
Speaker 9: It's all right.
Speaker 3: This film is it threads the needle perfectly of hilarious and informative and sentimental. Was that a concern of yours? Is when you read the scripts?
Speaker 14: We no, I mean, I just you know, I read a script. I just want to be surprised. I mean, the worst script is when you read you know what's gonna happen ten pages before they're gonna fall in love, someone's gonna trip and die. But so this really took me by surprise. It's quirky different. It was a great read because most of them aren't.
Speaker 6: So the premise of the film. That's very true, by the way, not that I get sent very many scripts.
Speaker 9: You will out today.
Speaker 6: The premise of the film was inspired by the trope that we often see where a black character exclusively exists for the sole purpose of affirming a white lead.
Speaker 14: And also, you know, magical negroes have a strange array of knowledge, like they can fix.
Speaker 9: They can fix like spaceship, golf.
Speaker 1: Swing, you know, sound wars. But they have no family, no home.
Speaker 4: They just appear.
Speaker 3: I saw this film, I said, shit, I have to throw away my legend of Backer Vans VHS.
Speaker 14: Well, actually, you know, most of my younger career I auditioned for those roles, man, because those are the ones where everybody they would get nominated.
Speaker 1: Oh the you know, this black character is so.
Speaker 14: Sympathetic, you made me cry, you know, driving Miss Daisy and stuff like that. I never got them because I was too crazy or something. They were like, David, you're not magical negro material.
Speaker 6: So speaking roles that you auditioned for, I heard that you auditioned for the original version of the Color Purple. I did, and did not get at that time.
Speaker 4: No, I did not. You did.
Speaker 13: Just in this recent I did.
Speaker 14: But I auditioned for Harpo okay, and I did not get a callback, and I was devastated.
Speaker 1: I thought, this is the last movie, the last part.
Speaker 14: And then when the musical came, I auditioned again and I still didn't get it. So this time I was determined to get into it. So I just called my whole team. I said, I'll do anything, and I finally got in thirty years later.
Speaker 6: One final question before we let you go. You have so many fans of you because of in Living Color reboot reunion?
Speaker 10: Could that ever happen?
Speaker 1: We can't do it this time.
Speaker 14: Everybody asked for that. The world has changed. You can't be doing that crazy stuff we did. I mean, we barely got away the last time because when the Living Color was originally on, you could call the station to complain, you could write a letter snail mail, or you could do the latest technology at the time, which was facts. There was no social media. No, we could not do the show as it was now. So that's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Maybe new version that wouldn't.
Speaker 14: Be the show because we were wild back buck Wow, you can't do men on film.
Speaker 9: Today.
Speaker 3: We turned it on once in the Costa Family Household, and my mom after two minutes was like, yea yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 14: You are our favorite fan base, because, like I thought, when I was on the show, it would be like it would go off and then I would go back to auditioning for Magical Negroes. I've met so many people who were kids either and snuck and watched in living color, or they started the next generation. They watched on reruns and it just kept going. I mean, I don't know where it's on now, but I never thought it would last as long.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Well, this movie is incredible. You're phenomenal in it. Everyone should go see.
Speaker 3: It's really funny Theater. March sixteenth, David An.
Speaker 9: Get one.
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: Is it because of Trump's opposition?
Speaker 13: Is that why you post? I've been against this from the very beginning, before anyone else weighed in. I was against. It's libertarian in me. Is not the role of government to ban apps from the app store. Nowhere in a constitution does it say that.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching the Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast