Speaker 1: Well, the ads are done. The best part of the show is over.
Speaker 2: Now you're just stuck with a podcast mancial. Yeah I knew you came for that, but sorry, you're gonna get this now instead. Oh and don't forget to follow the podcast wherever you're listening.
Speaker 1: And thank you.
Speaker 3: If you guys had to look around this room and pick one person who you think every once in a while after using the restroom they just skip the hand washing part. Who would that be in this room?
Speaker 4: I don't know if any of us would skip hand washing.
Speaker 2: I think it's Jeff okay, not just because Brook follows me to the bathroom every time I go okay, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you're like that guy that's like, we didn't touch anything us foot to flush the toilet.
Speaker 3: She's like directly quoting me. Let's just say it's me. After this gig, I might not be allowed to get a job at Chili's or Taco Bell or any restaurant. You shouldn't because there's a new vice coming out called the Hands Scanner. I love it, and it's described as a hand washing lie detector.
Speaker 1: So basically, scared is basically what it is.
Speaker 3: If you're working at one of these restaurants and you use the bathroom. Right when you get out, you'll have fifteen seconds to put your hands underneath the scanner. I love this. This is attached to the wall within seconds. It can identify any residual contaminants that you may have missed.
Speaker 1: I want to one in my house. I'm going to catch those kids lying.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 6: I didn't believe you.
Speaker 1: That was too quick.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't just stop there. It'll send a message directly to your supervisor about the results. Like James hands are thirty six percent contaminated, he needs to go back into the bathroom and wash again.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, especially for preparing food or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish it was followed by like just a full body hand sanitizer spray down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like one of those tanning.
Speaker 3: And they're already installing these at restaurants all around the country to make sure of it that employees actually wash their hands before handling your food.
Speaker 7: Okay, guys, it wasn't an employee here, but I was in the outside bathrooms recently and the guy walked out of the stall, made eye contact with me, and then walked out.
Speaker 1: And then you said, see you in the studio. Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how cause everybody's coming after me. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think I was like.
Speaker 2: No way, there's a woman that's notorious for it in our women's bathroom.
Speaker 3: It might be kind of cool to have some of those hand scanners here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our company has loads of extra money just lying around to spend on random stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like the air conditioning unit from nineteen ninety two that they can't fix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't been fixed in three weeks, and I actually love it in studios. It's a ball me almost eighty five degrees. Anyway, I don't want to be negative anymore. Let's just head on over to this joccolic question of the day. Okay, with the human hand scanner digital Ja, he doesn't taste tests before we come in, they call me.
Speaker 6: March fourteenth is Pie Day because in the number three point one five, which happens to be the exact number of wine bottles Brook is consumed so far this morning.
Speaker 1: It's not for yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has restraint forever.
Speaker 6: Clearly, Brook knows how to celebrate this holiday properly, so the rest of you will need to step it up and demonstrate your love of pie by answering trivia questions not only about math, but also about the delicious pastry kind of pies to in a special Pie Day edition of Balenti of twenty Let's start today with Jose j Jose one through twenty.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, are we start?
Speaker 8: You're pretty fly for a pie guy, Okay.
Speaker 6: I have decided not to take away points, edit that out. I'm gonna go for Jose's going number four. Jose. In the UK they have lots of weird things they put into pies and even stranger names for them. One is called a stargazy pie, which is a unique dish filled with eggs, potatoes and what kind of stinky dead protein looking back at you?
Speaker 8: What star gazy is it?
Speaker 4: Because like you're high after the rotting fermented thing.
Speaker 1: Honestly English food.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you said eggs and potatoes and then there's a.
Speaker 6: Stinky dead protein.
Speaker 2: I bet it's the same color as whatever else is in there, because I swear all English food is kind of beige, stinky dead.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go skunk.
Speaker 8: Is this kill for UK?
Speaker 6: Jose's going with bona fide skunk meat? That is incorrect. I was looking for was sardines. Here's a picture of a stargazy pie. The sardine heads through the crust, so they appear to look skywards.
Speaker 3: That Jeffrey doesn't look that bad.
Speaker 4: It looks worse.
Speaker 6: It looks worse than this is right, all right, Jose is out of our.
Speaker 1: Let's move over to Brooks.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brook, give me number one through twenty Please sixteen, number sixteen. Brook, you have three seconds to solve this problem. Thirty seven minus ninety.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 6: It is correct, just under the buzzer.
Speaker 5: Math.
Speaker 6: Yeah, saved. Let's move over to Jeffrey. Jeffrey, give me a number, please, number eight, Jeffrey. According to a survey by the American Pie Council, very reputable, pumpkin and apple are our two most favorite pies. But which pie ranks third? And hint it could be banana cream?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: What about a klon.
Speaker 4: Is like a particular like you're craving it.
Speaker 3: My first thought was marion berry, but I feel like that's very specific over cherry.
Speaker 7: Well, it's because berry marion berry, they're very similar berries.
Speaker 3: What about chocolate pies?
Speaker 4: Chocolate meringue is very popular.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with some chocolate here. Give me chocolate Moose.
Speaker 6: You sure you don't want to go with banana cream?
Speaker 3: Jeff, I think you're trying to throw me off with your hands. I'm gonna go chocolate, please.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey went with chocolate. That is correct, Jeff with banana cream.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm still refusing to go with banana.
Speaker 6: Cre okay, good because that would Pecan is our third favorite pie. Banana cream is fourth, Cherry Jose is fifth. Okay, so far, Brook's the only one to make it through her question alive to get this right or Brook's gonna win. Give me number one through twenty please five number five. Maybe the most famous movie about math is Goodwill Hunting What Two famous actors who are buddies in real life and start in the film won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not demon right, but I don't know who the other one is a DiCaprio.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Go Matt Damon and DiCaprio.
Speaker 6: Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio is incorrect. You got one of them? Are looking for ben Affleck. Yeah, so that means Brook You've won pie Day. Thanks that three point four bottles of wine that was.
Speaker 3: Of twenty All right, well, Brook, now I'm gonna say this really clearly, you get to choose you today. You don't have to do it yourself unless that's who you pick. That was embarrassing and they're gonna be singing whoever it is American Pie by Don.
Speaker 2: McLean Alexis, because I guarantee once she doesn't know this song and she doesn't know Ben Affleck and.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, so bye bye miss American Chevy to the levee, but the levee was drying.
Speaker 3: That's your shot collar question of the day.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you hear about what somebody else does for a living and you say, wait, that's actually a job professional water slide tester while eating soup. I missed that one on monster dot com.
Speaker 4: That would be so hot and cold at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's oh cool. That's kind of how we felt when we talked to one of our listeners who is making bank right now after creating a hilarious new product we'd never heard of before, and she says she got the idea on the day that she was fired from her beurise toge that.
Speaker 1: Is Lemons and lemonade.
Speaker 3: My friend, that's what started it all. You're gonna hear what it was in a brand new mass speaker coming up.
Speaker 10: You don't know me, concession.
Speaker 6: I can't take back army speak.
Speaker 3: I got a Texa seventy five nine two that says I drive a motorized wheelchair and whenever I feel a fart coming on, I'll slow down slightly, so when I do toute, I can speed up like it was a turbo boost. That's awesome. You gotta find the little simple things in your life that make you smile. I guess, and what's simpler than going on live radio and confessing your deepest, darkest secrets to the entire world.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows it's you. We got a voice, no.
Speaker 3: Worry that brings a smile to everybody's face. We've got a woman ready to give it a go today. She's chosen Mandy as her fake name. Mandy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: She's like my real name's Amanda.
Speaker 6: No one will know.
Speaker 3: Keeping you anonymous for this Mandy. Whoever you are, the voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, let's hear your confession.
Speaker 11: Okay, so my dream I now should be an actress.
Speaker 1: That's a big dream, thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but just to you know, pay the bills and everything while I work on that. I'm a barrista and I've been doing that for about two years.
Speaker 1: Okay, that seems pretty normal.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And so I've gotten pretty good at latte r. I can do a couple of different designs, and a lot of regulars that come in will ask me for specific designs.
Speaker 3: I've always been so impressed by people that can pull off the latte art because I can't do it. I've tried, You've tried.
Speaker 1: Where you tried. Do you have an espresso machine?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: I go into other people's houses and try it on Mars they let me strange. Yeah, but good for you. You must have a you have a lot of talents, clearly, Mandy.
Speaker 11: It took a lot of practice, and so I like to just like mess around and experiment. And so I was making some latte art of some less than appropriate design.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what I'm requested when I'm going to your coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that's so funny. So I did get.
Speaker 11: Called back up to the front, and so I just left the mug there and someone ended up taking it out and serving it to a customer. No, and she obviously didn't look at the lape art.
Speaker 1: You mean your coworker didn't look at the.
Speaker 11: La coworker did not look at the lape art.
Speaker 3: How dare she?
Speaker 11: You know, when it's busy, you just move in.
Speaker 7: It sucks as if it's the shape I'm thinking, even if you turn it upside down with the car, it doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Mean yeah, it's a clover.
Speaker 6: Yeah too long?
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 11: So then they gave it to the customer, who did not have the sense of humor that you do. Oh and so he like looked up at her and then he just started yelling like he must have been having a bad day regardless, because he just started yelling at her.
Speaker 3: I would have made my day instead of ruined it. Though, if I got like some funny arm in the cup, I'd be like, oh I know that.
Speaker 1: Like they're like, this is.
Speaker 3: What happened with that customer.
Speaker 11: So he started yelling at her, and she got so red. She was so kidd She's just she's pretty young. So so I I I'm not sure because I could tell she was so uncomfortable and about the cry. I wasn't gonna let her be on the hook for that, so I took responsibility for it, like I was just messing around.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, oh, it's a heart, it's your dirty mind that turned it into that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I should have blamed that on the customer. So I ended up getting fired for it. Warning yeah, no, not even a warning.
Speaker 2: I bet your regulars were so sad that the lady is gone.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, exactly. I figured that they would miss me, so I kept practicing at home. I can't up with a little backup idea.
Speaker 1: He's selling two of them in the back alley behind the.
Speaker 8: Cop everybody wants a phallic Pham Street coffee.
Speaker 11: No, no, I actually I started selling the designs online.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you mean shipping milk?
Speaker 9: Obviously, So I started photographing those like Naughty Lackey Arts, and I sold some of the paints and the prints on Etsy brilliant.
Speaker 11: I don't believe how much it's blown up.
Speaker 1: Why is that a secret?
Speaker 11: Well, so I haven't told any of my friends, so they have no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I would bring a bachelrette party into your coffee shop.
Speaker 1: So fun.
Speaker 3: They fired from the coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you need to open a twenty one and over coffee shop.
Speaker 8: You need to hire to wear like scantily clad things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've got guys in the shirtless I think that could actually go a long way for you. Yeah. So are you doing this? Is this like your new full time gig that you're doing? Oh yeah, do you have a new job?
Speaker 11: Oh no, I wish. I mean the dream is still acting, you know, so I'm still pursuing that at the same time. But this is just a really nice, pretty easy and fun way to pay rent and mutility.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't put this particular stuff on your acting resume, though, because you might get into some movies that you don't want to be invoice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's just when you start.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but that's my secret.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should keep it a secret. I think you should tell everyone you.
Speaker 8: Need to like swell your success.
Speaker 2: You may get banned on social media, but you could try for a while there.
Speaker 3: Text in seven eight, five nine two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your identity, mask your voice, and make you our next mass speaker. Your phone taps.
Speaker 5: Coming up right after this breaking Jeffrey. In the morning.
Speaker 3: Today we call a guy who's having his house completely remodeled by a contractor. It's been two months so far and they've had to move out during the renovation, but periodically they'll get updates on how it's going. And today he's gonna hear from the window guy with some unusual news that I don't think he's gonna be thrilled to hear. You're gonna hear it though, in your phone. Tap right now? Hello, okay, boss, move it to the left.
Speaker 12: Hello, a little more.
Speaker 3: Okay, almost Saturday. Hello on the phone, I said, gentle, Oh god, that's not good.
Speaker 12: I can hear you.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi, I need to speak with the homeowner. James.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's me.
Speaker 3: Hey James, this is huge organ. I'm working with your contractor, Victor were we're the ones installing the windows on your house today.
Speaker 12: Okay, was that my window that just broke?
Speaker 3: Oh? You heard? You heard that?
Speaker 12: Yeah? What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know? I don't worry about that. Let me focus on that. I have a different problem. I was, well, not a problem. I just needed to speak with you because I'm letting you know we're giving you thirty percent off what was originally quoted to you? Okay, why, well, we just wanted to do the right thing because we did make a.
Speaker 12: Tiny air what kind of what kind of air? Sorry?
Speaker 3: You know what air? Makes it sound like a negative thing. I like to think of it as a unique opportunity that most homeowners would never get.
Speaker 12: Just spit it out, like, what are you talking about? So, okay, happened? What's going on?
Speaker 3: So you know you had twenty four windows on your order to replace them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and and.
Speaker 3: You actually got a complimentary upgrade because every single one of them are one way windows.
Speaker 12: The hell is a one way window.
Speaker 3: You've seen those giant buildings with that right where you can see out of them, but nobody can see in.
Speaker 12: And I don't want that in my house. I want the windows that I ordered.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why you're getting thirty percent off, because that's what you have.
Speaker 12: Now. So you're saying that I get thirty percent off because I have windows that I can see out and nobody else can see in.
Speaker 3: Well, kind of we reverse kind of we reversed it so people can see in, but you just can't look.
Speaker 12: Out that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: No one else is doing that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's a reason nobody else is doing it.
Speaker 3: I know somebody who works at architectural digests and they're like, what this is groundbreaking?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know someone who lives in reality and wants normal windows. Where are the windows I ordered?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you where one of them is. It's in the skylight over your guest bathroom.
Speaker 12: We put it in the other twenty three.
Speaker 3: Well, no, you got to focus on the guest bathroom. We did it absolutely perfectly, no flaws, and one of the plumbers said he could even see a plane fly overhead.
Speaker 12: Awesome, So you did one twenty fourth of your job.
Speaker 3: Well, look, you're not thinking of the positives of the one way windows. That way, if you're coming home and there's intruders inside, you could see them, but they couldn't be able to see you.
Speaker 12: Did you just hear what you just said?
Speaker 3: That is the see that would save you money on a security system that you don't need.
Speaker 12: What would make you think that that's a good idea? And I would want that in my house. Look, whatever you have done, whatever you're doing to stop, reverse it, put it back to how it was.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we can't reverse it once these bad boys are in.
Speaker 12: They're in for good witting, They're in for good.
Speaker 3: It's perma glue. I mean you've seen the commercials for it on TV, right, you know they're famous jingle P Perma Perma Who use perma perma perma glue? That's what you do. It's perma glue.
Speaker 12: What in the world are you talking about.
Speaker 3: It's the latest construction thing, perma glue.
Speaker 12: You know what I am on with you?
Speaker 3: You're moron or of a Victor signed off on all these things, though, I can assure.
Speaker 12: You or on the phone, all.
Speaker 3: Right, well just please hold hello. This is Victor.
Speaker 12: No what now?
Speaker 3: I am contractor for the for this house. Who is this?
Speaker 12: Who the hell are you bring on a stupid sake accent? No?
Speaker 3: I am Victor, the contractor.
Speaker 13: No, I'm here to tell you we have these one way windows the same as the KGB uses. Your family very safe, very very sick.
Speaker 12: What the hell was that?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 13: That was the old radio equitment that we are using to do this prank phone call on you? What your wife Sienna says? You just got punked? Like Ashton Kutcher What.
Speaker 12: The hell are you talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about a prank call on the radio. You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is the phone s what Yeah, yeah, dude, your wife Sienna set you up.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She said that you guys moved out of the house a few months ago during the renovations and it's been really stressful, so she wanted to just have some fun with you.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, it has been awful. That is hilarious.
Speaker 13: Yes, it's awful, but not as awful as having normal windows you can see in and out of.
Speaker 3: Okay, down to twenty one windows, but not break.
Speaker 12: I'm not gonna have any windows left.
Speaker 5: The week of every morning was fun Tabs weekday mornings on the Twenties brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: I don't think this has ever happened on the show before. Where mid call we just had to pause and tell the woman on the phone to just breathe. She was that worked up. Yeah, but you know what, you might feel the same way if you were in her shoes, dealing with her neighbor next door and the tiny problem that's been slowly ruining her life. We're going to try and help her fix it with our fingers, all eleven of them, and you're gonna hear what that problem was. We're gonna do I use an extra one when.
Speaker 1: I text I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: You'll hear her problem in a brand new textual.
Speaker 1: Why do I ask questions?
Speaker 3: If it's coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: Text?
Speaker 3: You will then text?
Speaker 2: You will.
Speaker 3: There's a saying that good fences make good neighbors. Yes, there's another saying that says bad neighbors make good fertilizer. I don't support that one, but I will say I do see the point, because annoying neighbors can really get on your nerves and create unnecessarily problems for you in your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 3: And apparently there's something that's going on with one of our listeners, Allison and her next door neighbor.
Speaker 2: Please tell me the neighbor's still above ground after Jeffrey's intro there.
Speaker 3: Let's find out. Maybe she needs to text the Morgue or something. You can pick them up. Allison, How you doing?
Speaker 10: Oh do I need you guys help?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Alison, we're not that close of friends.
Speaker 1: Man. I'm not taking one down.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you. I have these neighbors. So a few months ago they got this cute white dog and it was fine. I heard some barking, and then the barking got more. Every single time there's a wind blowing a squirrel, a rabbit, we have rabbits in the backyard barking, driving me nuts.
Speaker 2: I mean really, okay, just it feels like you're gonna break right now just even talking about it.
Speaker 3: Is there anybody that you could get rid of all the squirrels and stop the wind in your neighborhood that.
Speaker 1: I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, really, so get this. I've already texted neighbors and I said, hey, listen, because I hate confrontation, you know, I was like, please, the dog's been sparking for five hours, could you just like you maybe take him in a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, though, I will say, when we first got our dog, we didn't realize that when we would go out to the bars at night, she.
Speaker 1: Would stay out barking all night.
Speaker 2: And so finally one of our neighbors wrote us a no, and we felt terrible.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Of course, we didn't let the dog out at night anymore.
Speaker 4: Almost something happened in my apartment complex I remember one of the yeahs was like, we didn't even know.
Speaker 3: Ye, so how did how did your neighbors react when you sent that message to them?
Speaker 10: Well? See, now see, you guys would act like a normal neighbor. Okay. So they said, all right, we're going to do something about it. And oh my god, that's with the dog anyway. So they said that I know.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you're very wound up about this, Alise, and we can understand why. Yeah, but just relax a second. We're here to help you. Yes, And it sounds like you actually got a decent response from that.
Speaker 1: They said they'd take care of it.
Speaker 10: Well they didn't. They didn't take care of it at all. A matter of fact, the barking got worse. So I sent them another text method.
Speaker 1: Now we're getting messy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh god, what did you say there?
Speaker 10: Okay? So I was like please please, and I put three pleases, you know, please stop your dog from barking. And they just never responded after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds too polite. No, neighbors don't respond to that.
Speaker 1: No, please, please please is not polite. One please is plate.
Speaker 2: Three pleases is like condescending almost, Okay, but.
Speaker 10: For the record the first time, I was very nice. I mean this says like the third text I've sent, I just I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we could tell, We can tell people other.
Speaker 3: Than the dogs barking all the time, are they bad neighbors in any other way?
Speaker 10: They're fine everything else I have. There's nothing else wrong.
Speaker 14: Really, Okay, Okay, I'm not a complainer.
Speaker 10: I hate confrontation.
Speaker 3: I'm not a complainer. But you will come on the radio and voice all your pleasure about it, which is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we needed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for this segment, we get that the healthy, safe place to do, but you don't want to ruin the relationship because like living next door to someone that you hate or hates you is going to be even worse than the dog barking.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, do you remember in New York City a really long time ago where that you know, there's the son of Sammy's the thing that made him snap with the dog barking.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to the fertilizer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not sure one hundred percent if exactly like what she wants to do with this text message.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to know. After she just made that reference.
Speaker 3: I mean, Alison, what's your overall goal with doing the call this way?
Speaker 10: All right? Okay, So here's the thing. I've been listening to you guys. I love, love, love you guys, and I thought, you know what, these are the people to help me. I just know it, And I just want to know. Do you all have any kind of like ideas or anything I could say? I mean, I just I'm have a.
Speaker 3: Loss here and I think you But as far as the goal of the texting here are you trying to say we need to figure out one text to get the dog to stop barking?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, well, I mean the first thing we have to do.
Speaker 3: They agreed to it before, but nothing happened.
Speaker 2: But the first thing we have to do is even get them to respond again, because they have left her unread.
Speaker 1: They don't like her, right.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: If we text about the dog, they're knocking her answer.
Speaker 3: It's just been the whole vibe of your relationship lately has been so serious between you and your neighbors. Maybe we should start off on a lighter note with like a dog pun or a dog joke, like a knock joke.
Speaker 1: I don't I like it. You don't like that, Alexis. I mean, I wouldn't reply to anybody's puns, so maybe.
Speaker 3: We won't go the pun to do the knock knock route. You're like, knock knock, who's there? Your dog's still barking? Dogs?
Speaker 10: You know what you guys, humor. I've noticed in my whole life humor always works. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: All right, that is it. It's a take.
Speaker 2: So let's make sure that we also included it's going to be the knock knock joke, who's there?
Speaker 1: Your dog?
Speaker 3: Who's there? Your dog's still barking? Yeah?
Speaker 12: That one.
Speaker 6: They're not going to get it to reply to it.
Speaker 4: It should just be a random dog joke.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, do I like the dog? I like the knock knock?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 10: That's maybe if I put a happy face and it's like emoji's or something, I would take this as.
Speaker 3: Route you need to do.
Speaker 6: Cry.
Speaker 7: I would literally read this and be like this is the most backhanded.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I want to see what they respond it.
Speaker 7: Anyway, entertainment, all right, bro knock knock as it's still barking.
Speaker 2: If you add a laughing crying emoji and a cute little puppy emoji like, yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Even though this is probably some of the worst advice we've ever given, I do want to try it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's remember it is Jeff's idea.
Speaker 3: I will take full response.
Speaker 1: Out by don't put it as a paragraph.
Speaker 3: That's a good call. Good call. So maybe the knock knock period return here the are question mark return, Yes, your dog's still barking emojis, laughing emoji and a dog emoji.
Speaker 10: Ye, okay, got it. I'm going to get a shot send.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know, it's going to get a response.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's going to get a positive response, but it's going to get a response.
Speaker 3: That was one of the two goals that we sent, so we'd be halfway there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, maybe it just haha back all right, you know so.
Speaker 3: You sent that out, Alison. Yeah, Okay, we're going.
Speaker 1: To come back to warn her neighborhood or.
Speaker 3: We're the greatest peacemakers of all time and they should use this technique at the United Nations. Yeah, we're going to come back and we'll continue with textual healing right after this We're on the phone with Alison for another segment of textual healing.
Speaker 1: And I'm worried about her heart rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's stressed out because she has an issue with her next door neighbors, who actually, from the sound of it, seemed like very nice, reasonable people, but they are fed up with Alison because Alison keeps texting about their barking dog. She's messaged several times before pleading that they get their pupp to stay quiet. Nothing has worked, which is why Alison came to us for help, and we decided to go with a little knock knock dog humor. Yes, and we had her text your neighbor, knock knock, who's there? Your dog still barking in the backyard? Laugh emoji dog emoji.
Speaker 4: Cause funny to us because we can hear the right.
Speaker 3: But just one of our goals of this whole thing was to get them to respond.
Speaker 1: They've been her on red totally.
Speaker 3: Alison, have you gotten anything back from your neighbors yet?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I totally got a respond.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Oh my god. Is it good or bad?
Speaker 4: With our job? Our goal?
Speaker 1: I am dying to hear what they said?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, was it okay? This is what they wrote back. They said, We've tried, but Barney needs to express Barney the dog needs to express his emotions, and we took him to the vet. This is what our vet said. If we get a holistic vet and Barney has to express himself, that's what they told me.
Speaker 3: He's barking for his mental health.
Speaker 2: Then my dog sees a holistic VET to.
Speaker 4: A holistic acupuncture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel about that? Alison? What's your reaction?
Speaker 10: I am beside myself. I mean, what the world health?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 1: Well, she has a holistically you should try barking expressed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now we need to respond alexis, what do you think you're expert? You're an expert at dealing with like high confrontation and you love dogs.
Speaker 1: That plays the bagpipes and I don't say anything to that guy. Yeah, but you're mates twins. Sister is in vet school.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're pro dogs.
Speaker 1: The neighbor actually we usually say it's the neighbor's fall.
Speaker 3: Well, let's let's use I mean, they clearly trust what their vet says. Maybe we can go off of something like veterinary Yeah, yeah, what if.
Speaker 2: We throw some information back at them, because I mean, the thing with holistic health is sometimes there's some gray area. And what if you said that's interesting, because that's not saying you agree or disagree with the holistic fat you.
Speaker 1: Just say that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Maybe your dog could express themselves in other ways, like playing fetch, or have you thought about getting one of those doggie pads where it talks.
Speaker 1: To you when it pushes the butble.
Speaker 3: Or some sort of like dog art class that lets you get your rage after paint.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Why not? I mean maybe I should take a little more calm approach.
Speaker 3: All right, that sounds like you like it, Allison. Let's text it then, Yeah, yeah, all right, let Brooks say that again so that Allison can text.
Speaker 1: You just say that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Maybe your dog could express itself in different ways good perhaps perhaps, or one of those dog pads where it can talk to you.
Speaker 8: Okay, good, good thing.
Speaker 4: This is a Twitter and you don't have like a cap limit on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you remember I write it?
Speaker 3: I think that's good because at that point you're not attacking them anymore. You're trying to be helpful and part of the solution.
Speaker 7: And Brooke did a good job. Asking questions is good because you're trying to help and learn.
Speaker 3: And like it. I know jose is giving Brook the credit there, but let's give Alexis credit for that text. Okay from the.
Speaker 1: Brook took the words out of my mouth before I say that.
Speaker 2: It was like telepathectly, like a deer in the headlight when you ask after you stole my answer.
Speaker 3: Yea thought, Allison, go ahead send that if you haven't already.
Speaker 10: Okay, I just said it. I send it already.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: You sound like that. Sounded like a small dog.
Speaker 10: There should stand in the backyard and bark.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Do you work from home? Is that why this is such an issue for you? The dog barking?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, you read my mind?
Speaker 14: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: I work from home the mind reader as well.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey to me, can you guess what they're going to respond with Brooke? What are they going to say back to our text?
Speaker 2: Well, they're probably gonna shoot down both her ideas.
Speaker 10: You know, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Thought that maybe we could send him an Amazon link next.
Speaker 12: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: They just they just responded. They said that I have to respect the free will of all creatures. And they remained free, And she said he chooses to be an outside dog, we have to let him be free.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean the only answer is.
Speaker 2: You then have to wake up at two in the morning and start practicing drums or something.
Speaker 1: I mean in retribution.
Speaker 3: Well, that's getting ugly.
Speaker 10: You know what, maybe I should take You know, my mom always used to say, take the high road, right, get high.
Speaker 1: These people aren't even on the road.
Speaker 3: Look, maybe because maybe we just lean into this even more. That's what alexis in her all her wisdom would tell you, don't try and push back constantly, try and lean into it. And instead of fight with them, why not say you know what, you're right? That immediately disarms them. Wait wait, wait, see, let me finish your right. Who are we to say when and where your dog can bark? I want to get to know your dog better. Please let me dogs sit further you on your next vacation.
Speaker 12: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: What do you I don't trust did you hear Alison?
Speaker 3: I don't trust her being alone when he disappears under your care. It's like it was the dog's free will. Who was I to stop your dog from wanting to go.
Speaker 4: Back to the genie?
Speaker 2: This is not my idea, that is it broke.
Speaker 3: So seriously, though, are you open to like dog sitting and maybe that'll disarm the tension between the two neighbors.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing. I love animals. I just don't want them barking in my face twenty four hours a day. But you know what, maybe if I got to know him, you know, and he is pretty cute, and I don't know, maybe I should just I really, maybe I should just take the high road.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: And why did you both take the high road. Be nice to the doggie, but leave the front gate unlocked.
Speaker 12: Just in game?
Speaker 2: I mean that is free will, because they're actually going against their dogs free will by keeping them in a caged Uh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't tell don't tell them, you know what. You're right though, it's an interesting point.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's exactly what you should text to your neighbor.
Speaker 1: So we didn't really solve anything here.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we've at least got the communication going between the two neighbors again, and there's not so much like anger and animosity between you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what, you made me laugh. You did solve something because you make.
Speaker 4: That's our mission, guys, that's what we always want to.
Speaker 1: Don't actually like lose the dog on purpose? Right, we understand that was a joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just kidding.
Speaker 10: Ye, coyotes and stuff, right, No, no, no, all right, Well, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To call that a successful edition of textual Healing because we're out of time here.
Speaker 1: But I like your loose interpretation of success.
Speaker 3: Alexis calls it success, and that's all that I feel about this one.
Speaker 5: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: There's a video making the rounds of a guy returning back to a restaurant hoping to get a refund and the manager just lays into him. You're gonna find out the hilarious reason why. Plus, one of the biggest celebrities in the world just made one of the most embarrassing gaffes in the middle of one of her concerts and somebody caught it all on video. We're gonna play it for you coming up in a ran new TikTok click shock, we're doing it right now. I can't believe that, after forty years, Folgers is finally changing their famous slogan. Now it's the best part of waking up is what in your cup? Woo TikTok click shock.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, they're trying to attract some younger pizza.
Speaker 3: Everybody needs a little bit of that in the morning, and you can only get it here on Brook and Jeffrey. It's TikTok click shock, where we go over the biggest tiktoks from the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click shock, which is from a guy who is getting absolutely roasted for attempting to get a seven dollars refund from Little Caesars, saying that they gave him food poisoning.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it feels like a valid reason, Jeffrey to get a refund.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if it was just like that. The only problem is he ate most of the pizza and came back to the restaurant the same day with the mostly empty box poisoning. Good question. The manager was not having it.
Speaker 2: Here's the clip staple of coccus meningitis.
Speaker 7: He got staple of coccus from all.
Speaker 1: Of this scarlet futter.
Speaker 4: That's not what I said.
Speaker 1: Keep your napkin, though, I'll hear your mind back. You have to record me. I know what I said. I came in here, can I say?
Speaker 3: And you've got garlic butter all over?
Speaker 5: No wonder you got six?
Speaker 6: Oh god?
Speaker 4: Am I allowed to talk?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: You just talked before you've turned your camera on though, right, Yeah, you need to work on your customer service. I don't let liars come to my store. I am not a liar.
Speaker 5: Just because you bought a seven ninety nine.
Speaker 6: No, thank you, No, you told me a moron.
Speaker 3: The video is pretty funny because you could see he's handing this empty box through the drive through window with empty garlic butter packets all over the place. This made you sick.
Speaker 1: Why would he post that video? He makes him look so bad? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: The top comment got one hundred and thirty five thousand likes and said why did you eat half the pizza and bring it back? You are a moron. Another person said she ended you so bad og. I would delete this if I was you.
Speaker 5: Especially.
Speaker 7: I love that she said, oh you were talking before you started hitting record, because that happened so much one sign of an in so that makes you think he probably did say something.
Speaker 1: Is it deleted?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 1: He's cad?
Speaker 6: You have deleted?
Speaker 3: Still out there? I just pull that audio from it. Of course, his title is Little Caesar's Pizza Manager crosses the line, but everybody seems to side with the manager in the comments. So better luck at Papa John's, dude. Maybe better luck over there. That's a TikTok click shot. Next TikTok click shot. It is out of Inglewood, California. Someone was recording during a Madonna concert there when Madonna's suddenly stops singing during the show. Actually heard, Okay, then let's skip it.
Speaker 1: Then do it, do it. I'm just already uncomfortable before.
Speaker 5: You play it.
Speaker 3: If you didn't see it or hear about it. She stopped singing in the middle of the show and started scolding a fan for not standing up during one of her songs, and you.
Speaker 4: See everybody in the whole crowd is standing.
Speaker 3: And then she found out and realizes, oh, they're in a wheelchair. Here's the audio over there.
Speaker 1: Why are you sorry? You gotta give her. She handled it well. She did handle it well. But also, like Madonna, how old are you? Like most of your we're talking like people.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 8: She actually walked over to them with her walker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's almost as embarrassing as when Brook threatened to call a child's parents at the orphanage, my mother and oh oh, I'm sorry politically incorrect.
Speaker 1: It was uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: But the Madonna video got over twenty eight million views.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah again, I am so grateful, Like what Brooks said that she addressed it and.
Speaker 3: Was like, my bad, because if not any publicity is good publicity. Right, that's a TikTok click shock. Let's get to your final TikTok click shock, and I'll just ask, when traveling on an airplane, does turbulence freak you out?
Speaker 4: It's bad like a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, I've had one time where people started praying next to me that was a little frightening. We like got stuck in like the jet of a big, huge jet and it literally flipped us sideways.
Speaker 1: It was really.
Speaker 3: Scary, kind of freaky. A lot of people, that's a really big deal. They didn't like it. And so making the rounds on TikTok right now is a flight attendance trick on how to deal with it. If you're ever caught in turbulence and you're feeling nervous. Oh really, see if you can decipher it through her fancy foreign accent.
Speaker 10: This is taylorstic what's your top cabin crew secret travel hack?
Speaker 3: Mine is when turbulence hits, basically, change your jelly or submersed in jelly and just.
Speaker 11: Like around in your seat like a little jellyfish.
Speaker 14: You'll feel so much better.
Speaker 4: I think we'll get this one ago.
Speaker 1: A jellyfish.
Speaker 8: I immediately get it, and I love it.
Speaker 1: Why wasn't it more alcohol?
Speaker 7: Think about it though. Relax your whole body. Every bump is just gonna like.
Speaker 2: That thing they gave you playing cards where you're doing on corners and you just slam into the person.
Speaker 3: But basically if you miss that the flight and it says, do not tense up. Instead, try to relax like your body's made of jelly. Let's bumps jiggle you around like a little massage, so it calms you down and you don't feel scared.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll try it. I'm not buying it.
Speaker 3: It feels like it goes against every instinct that you have.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like if you're if you're ever face to face with a shark, just don't be scared and pretend that you're an even bigger shark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fix your hands above your head like a.
Speaker 3: Little fin, and those are your stories for the day.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, we have.
Speaker 3: A new player on the line, and I love when we get new players to this game. It's like a fresh daisy sprouting out of the ground. And Brooke walks over to that daisy and takes a sniff and then stumps it out because you're a winner. Oh okay, you don't want anybody intruding on your turn.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. You're just a weed to me.
Speaker 3: Today's fresh daisy weed. Her name is Teresa. Teresa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What propt died you to call in today?
Speaker 14: I've called him a couple of times and just got lucky and got through today.
Speaker 3: Apparently Teresa is a longtime listener to the show and even used to have a crush on somebody here. Teresa, I am flattered.
Speaker 12: Hello, well sorry, but it's.
Speaker 4: With my luck in dating. I thought you were gonna say Producer Void.
Speaker 8: Doesn't even talked to me.
Speaker 3: I needed something to cry about during my bathroom break. Thank you for giving me that, jeff I'm really proud.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: It's a drinker back in the day, So that's out of the studio. I don't have any our feelings. Teresa, Let's just go over the how the game works. It's thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat Brooke outright to win. Are you ready?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 3: Good luck? Your time starts now. Today? Is Pie Day? True or false? Albert Einstein was born on Pie Day?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: True?
Speaker 3: Chef Wendel is the mascot for what Cereal Branda? What's the only continent to have both alligators and crocodiles in the wild?
Speaker 14: Africa?
Speaker 3: For the ninth year running. What toy brand is the most valuable in the world? What is the most common state flower in America? Ooh, Marco Polo was a real person? True or false?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 3: Teresa play that like a true veteran of this game. Didn't even seem nervous at all. Is that true?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 14: I was very nervous.
Speaker 3: Oh really, well, and apparently I'm seeing my screener. Teresa works as a manager at a local nonprofit that's anti poverty. Brook is notoriously anti poverty. So that's really really you guys have a lot in common.
Speaker 1: Is there poverty? People?
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying you're not a fan of the poores.
Speaker 10: Is not true.
Speaker 3: I don't believe the No, that's really cool to what does your nonprofit do?
Speaker 14: So we help people that are like at risk of being evicted, help them to stay in their homes.
Speaker 1: That's great work, great work.
Speaker 3: So when we all lose our jobs here, can we just call you directly? Because I feel like it's coming. We're going to keep your number just in case. Okay, Okay, Brook, here we go. It's your turn. You're ready. Your time starts now. Today's Pie Day. True or false? Albert Einstein was born on Pie Day?
Speaker 1: Oh, I wanted to be true.
Speaker 3: Chef Wendell is the mascot for what serial brand?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What is the only continent to have both alligators and crocodiles in the wild?
Speaker 1: South America?
Speaker 3: For the ninth year running, What toy brand is the most valuable in the world?
Speaker 1: Mittel?
Speaker 3: What is the most common state flower in America?
Speaker 7: Mm uh Rose Marco Polo was a real person.
Speaker 3: True or false?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 1: I think he got lost all the time on the ocean.
Speaker 3: The same game. Yeah, as you just shouted out into the sea, Marco, were you? Let's go to the scoreboard with Jose well that and a nickel get your hot cut a Jack squaw.
Speaker 2: Terreesa, you got three correct today, Teresa, I'm not feeling confident.
Speaker 8: That's good, very good game.
Speaker 7: And Brook you got the same exact amount in Brook god Fall.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm happy, but I like Teresa lot.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Let's go over the answers for everybody. It's Pie Day? Was Albert Einstein born on Pie Day? Yes he will eighteen seventy nine. Chef Wendell is the mascot for Cinnamon host Crunch. He's that chef with the spoon on the box. The only continent with both alligators and crocodiles in the wild is North America, in Florida specifically.
Speaker 1: But you we get both down there, yea.
Speaker 3: For the ninth year running. The toy brand that's the most valuable in the world is Lego. The most common state flower in America is the rose. Five states. Marco Pola was a real person. Yes he was, That's true. He's from Italy Merchant Explorer writers.
Speaker 1: Do they really get us get lost all the time? Is that why we came up with that game?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I need to research into this now.
Speaker 3: Teresa. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to beat Brook. But the good news is just we're playing. We're giving you a pair of tickets to Massive the Power of Pop Culture at MoPOP. It's their newest flagship exhibition exploring global pop culture and its impact on our daily lives. It's open March sixteenth, and tickets are on sale now at MoPOP dot org.
Speaker 14: All Right, cool, thanks so awesome.
Speaker 1: We forgot to ask, what's your favorite part of the show.
Speaker 14: I like wind Brooks Bucks, I like the true.
Speaker 3: All right, called back in for sure, and we'll be back to the wind Brooks Bocks the same time tomorrow
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.