Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded, y'all know what y'all don't know y'all, but all at all. So don't give a black bus bush. Yeah, listening to.
Speaker 2: Show up?
Speaker 3: I don't join.
Speaker 4: Yah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joy.
Speaker 5: You don't you.
Speaker 3: Turn?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 7: You gotta turn?
Speaker 8: I can.
Speaker 1: You have to turn the mouth to turn? You probably got to turn the mouth, turn out, turn the water of the money.
Speaker 2: Come come on, you'll think that I sure will.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, y'all listening to the voice? Come on, dig me now one and on. Is Steve Harvey got a radio show?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man, boy, God has been good to me. Man, I can't really count at all. You can't either, you know, it's all in perspective. You really can't count all that God has done for you if you look at every little thing. It's unbelievable the things He's done for us. How many times, you know, we got through something without even talking to him about it. He just he just blessed us with it. How many you know? It's just it's so much that the fact that you wake up in the morning, the fact that you still have a place to stay, the fact that you know may be struggling out here, but guess what you still going to work. You know, you live in check to check, but you're making it all. You got all the plates spinning. You know, it's hard. You got a lot of plate spinning, but you keep him up there somemer every now and there. One break, but he put two more back up there to look a little bit better, and you got to get to spending them so it all works. And then you got a lot of people who just can't seem to mentally put it together as to you know, why their life isn't in a position that they wanted to be. We talk about this oftentimes, but I don't want to try another angle with you to day.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe it's you. Have you ever thought about that? Maybe it's you.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's no external force that's at fault, like you keep making the excuse to be You know, so many people out here, Well, if this hadn't ha done this, if he hadn't have done that, if she hadn't have done that, I would have been further along.
Speaker 2: I wasted all my time, my years with this.
Speaker 9: Man, and he did this, and I could have been here and I could have been there, and this woman she did this to mean, if she hadn't have done that.
Speaker 2: I could have been here, and I could have been there. Maybe it's you.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's not really that external force that you keep making it out to be. See, I've done this to myself before. Once again, I'm talking to you about something I know about. I've done this to myself before. I've had the reason I wasn't where I wanted to be. I had it figured out as some external force. I had worked it out in my mind. Clearly it wasn't me because of so and so or if this hadn't happen, and if they hadn't have done this, I would have been further along up the road.
Speaker 2: That's what I was saying. But hold on, man, boy learned a valuable lesson.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 9: See, if you don't ever let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go. If you don't ever let it go, it's gonna be hard for you you to go. I was listening to Bishop td Jake's one day and I heard him say, you can't drive your car if you gonna keep looking in the rear view mirror. You go outside and try that, Try to drive your car, but keep your eye in the rear view mirror. All you looking at is where you're being. All you're looking at in that rearview mirror is where you passed or should have passed, something you should have moved on from. All you're doing is looking in that real view mirror at what happened back now.
Speaker 2: If you don't stop.
Speaker 9: Looking in the rearview mirror, you're gonna crash your car over and over and over again. All you got to slow it down so bad in order for you to keep looking in that rear view mirror. If you don't learn to let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go forward because you keep reviewing the past. The past is the past, and I know it's hard.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: I watched a show and this lady said, well, I just can't ever forgive them for that, or guess what, guess what God may have already forgiven that person. That person may be extremely remorseful, could have gone to God and got in forgiveness for it years ago. But you you sit here and you keep hanging on to the back. I can't ever forgive that. Then I heard Bishop Jakes come on the show one time and say something that really really struck home. You keep drinking the poison waiting on your enemy to die.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 9: I just shook my head and went, wow, you drinking the poison. Waiting on your enemy to die. Revenge is poison to you. You know, if hatred is poison to you. Unforgivingness, when you won't forgive a person, that person could be going on with they life made the right with God. Don't know how you feeling. They skipping through life. Now you make adjustments every time you see them. And it takes energy. Man, it takes so much energy to hate. It takes so much energy not to forgive to Now they come in the room. You got to avoid them. Stay over here, Oh here they come. Now you got to make a situation over here. They come into the house his family reunion. Oh oh, here they come. Or where they gonna be in the basement. I'm going to be on the third floor. I want to go out here and get some barbecue. She out there and the barbecue staying, Oh lord, I don't want a barbecue. I just eat to take this out of people, man, take themselves all out of position, trying to make adjustments, when if you it would simplify your life, if you.
Speaker 2: Would let just let it go.
Speaker 9: Maybe you ain't where you need to be because of them external forces altogether. Maybe you're not where you need to because of you, because you won't let it go, you won't move forward. Look at this, ladies. Let's say you've been in a situation with a man for years. It didn't work out for whatever the reason, it just didn't work out. I got what you say he did. I got what he did, I got he all of that, YadA YadA YadA. When you get through, did not God get you through it? Did not he allow you to survive it. I got you, got some cuts on you, I got you been a little bit bruised, But did.
Speaker 2: He not get you through it?
Speaker 9: So, now that he's freed you from it, now he done went on. He got a whole nother family over there somewhere. Now he trying to make it right because maybe he learned the mistake he made and now he trying to be a better man. He just trying to get it right now. But you sitting there holding on to it, you drinking the poison, waiting on your enemy to die. So now instead of you enjoying the blessing of finally being free from a situation that was not healthy, for you. You create an even more unhealthy situation in your mind by hating, by having revengeful thoughts, by hoping he fall on his face. Maybe you even doing something to the other situation to make sure they struggle.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you.
Speaker 9: Drinking the poison, waiting on your enemy to die. Maybe you ain't where you ought to be in life, not because of your external forces, but maybe it's you. If you don't let it go, it's gonna be hard for you to go. You can't keep driving your car looking in the rear view mirror. Come on, man, Forgiveness is not for the other person. Forgiveness is for you. Morning show, ladies and gentlemen. Right now, it's a new day, right now, new beginning, right now. God done done it again. Woke us up this morning. Some of you getting off work, whatever your situation is, consider it a blessing because it don't have to be it really don't. I know you may not be where you want to be. I know you still got some aspirations, some hopes, and some dreams. I know everybody facing something, but guess what you're facing it. You got a chance to look at it. And he then gave us a new day.
Speaker 2: To deal with it. I'm here for it.
Speaker 9: Steve Harvey Morning Show, Shirley Strawberry is out today. Call it for real, Mississippi, Monica Junior, and a legend that is Nephew Tommy Hey. Steve Harvey Morning Show Jr. Good morning, Yeah, good morne unk. You know everybody faced something. You know, everybody faced someone. You know I'm facing something too.
Speaker 10: But you know yesterday the man rolled in here and told you that by my headline, I'm facing nothing. And you really hurt my feelings about that. And you said you want me to face the future. Look all these facing you're doing it. You got to face I don't want to face nothing.
Speaker 2: Well you haven't. The man said a lot more face.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna just out the gate. He started off, Okay, yeah, pull up, pull up.
Speaker 11: This is just no.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 12: You said I got a lot of okay, go ahead, No, no, no, because the man said it would hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: How you talking?
Speaker 10: See you you don't respect people's feelings. I think you overstep your bound sometimes because you just did it just now. Like I said, I'm facing something. You said you got a lot more face, like right, like you don't think that's wrong and you don't see.
Speaker 9: Not wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Well, well I'm being honest with you. I couldn't help it.
Speaker 1: You can help it.
Speaker 2: No, it just come out. I don't know what you said.
Speaker 10: I got, you got a lot more face and then you just put your hand back under your chin like that.
Speaker 9: Went like God, dog, I don't get how that came out. It's automatic. It's just like you say something. My response is instant.
Speaker 12: I don't even have to do you be thinking about what you finla say to me or anybody else. Whoor you just say it?
Speaker 2: Well, see, you can't say it unless you think it.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, So Junior, your feelings are hurt because yesterday I ask none of that bother you.
Speaker 1: When Steve talks about your hairline like the guy brought up in a letter, yesterday.
Speaker 12: I slept on it. So I asked about this moment.
Speaker 2: No, you ain't slept on nothing.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Tommy.
Speaker 9: When you come to me and you tell me about what they be talking about me down at the barber shop, I don't can tell you how I feel about that.
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: No, I take something for you not to well what.
Speaker 2: You doing that?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 12: I swear to God this right ass more shopwork photo. Yeah, what is you doing down at the barbers?
Speaker 1: What you think I'm doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just asking what you doing doing that?
Speaker 12: What are you doing down at the Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey Jr. Hey Junior. When you in the chair, do the barber ask you to keep your chin on your chest? We gotta go.
Speaker 7: Come it up at thirty two after the hour. Hey, No, don't run that prank back right after this. Don't say nothing.
Speaker 2: You hold you here down. I do see how when you hold it back. That's why the barber tell him put his chin on his chest.
Speaker 1: So he want to run that frank back right after this?
Speaker 13: You're listening hard morning show?
Speaker 1: Time Now to run that prank back with the nephew.
Speaker 6: What you got?
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna jump this thing off.
Speaker 4: You know what calling this is for you? This is Oak Trio. Yeah, preoi. You know this man getting ready to get married and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the deal. Here we go, let's go Oak Treo.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm trying to reach Marvin Police.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mar speak Marvin.
Speaker 2: How I'm calling you from doctors office.
Speaker 4: I'm actually the lab technician and you you came in and got a physical I guess about a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and my understanding this is for your for your occupation.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, okay, you're in What do you do for a living when you're a Oh yeah okay, Now I was giving you a call about I'm here looking at your records and all the testings that you actually went through. Wow, let's see, have you had any Have you had any activity or any problems around your naval area?
Speaker 14: Nah?
Speaker 5: Been fine?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, everything is fine. But I mean if you you haven't had any any type of nothing, no breakout or anything around your navel or whatsoever.
Speaker 5: No, as me about my name. Now everything's going straight?
Speaker 14: Man, Okay, see what's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Actually, you've been diagnosed with oak triocitis, and triosis is actually a fungus that comes out of South America. And you have no activity whatsoever around your navel?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Man saying man, oak trio it's.
Speaker 2: Oa triocitist, sir, And what what do you say that?
Speaker 4: What that is is actually your if you haven't had it yet, you say you haven't had any activity, there's gonna be like a small little tree that's gonna be growing from your navel and it gets about six inches long and it probably bears probably about twenty five to thirty leaves on it, but it's very small.
Speaker 5: WHOA wasn't that big boy? You see a tree gonna be growing out my name?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a small tree.
Speaker 4: And uh, what's gonna happen is I'm gonna have to get you to come back in, probably in the next month. We're gonna need you to come in so we can check it out. But it's got to grow its fullest potential before we can actually do anything to it.
Speaker 5: Nah, I can't come in in a month. I gotta come in today. Man. Somebody got to we get this prible and resolved. Man. I'm gonna get married. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't.
Speaker 4: It has to grow with fullest potential, sir. And uh, the full term is actually like about four weeks before we can ask me.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm not waiting for those four weeks.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 5: Somebody got to come to me something right now. Man. I ain't finna go married. Man. Have to fly the time, man and have something going out. My neighbor man out going crazy man.
Speaker 2: Sir oatriosit. This is something that's very rare.
Speaker 4: We were actually getting this assignment from overseas in South America on how to treat this.
Speaker 5: And I don't give it down. Where is it? Man, somebody's gonna have to come give me some help right now. Man, I'm finna get ready to get married. Man, I'm not gonna be putting up with it. Man, somebody in this office. Man got to come down there and do something for me.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: And what you say, If you say I can cut it out myself, sir, the.
Speaker 4: Best I can do is probably trim it a bit, you know, and maybe knock a few leaves off. But I cannot touch the full stock at all. Man.
Speaker 5: You can cut this for the bandaid, do something.
Speaker 3: Cut it right now?
Speaker 2: You cannot, sir.
Speaker 4: If you cut it as a possibility of hemorrhaging, and you're going to really create a bigger problem.
Speaker 2: Than what you have already.
Speaker 5: And I'm trying to get this school that. Man, you didn't kill me. Ain't nobody never will drive down there and get this prove with that. Man, I'm gonna get married in two weeks. Man, We're gonna fly to Jamaican.
Speaker 15: They can't.
Speaker 5: Now, somebody can do this for me. I poorly.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 2: You cannot pull it out. You're gonna create.
Speaker 4: Man, You're going to create a bigger problem if you try to pull it out.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 5: The problem is already there. I'm trying to get this problem.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: You mean to tell me that big hospital. Ain't now sap me church you.
Speaker 3: Want me to do?
Speaker 5: Man's I have talking out of my summer and you're killing men.
Speaker 4: Ain't you can do, man, sir, Oak triositis is not something that we treat all the time.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it hails from South America, so we got I.
Speaker 5: Don't give help from Great Britain, somebody that I forbid to come down there and help me poorly fund man, sir.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're going through, but we have to let it grow is full term, which is four weeks, sir, the full root of it having to grow.
Speaker 5: Man, I am grow. Man, it's going to go down right, nah, Man, y'all gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Do something, man, sir, there's nothing we can do. We can probably trim it a little bit, the trim get some.
Speaker 5: Training, man, do something, sir.
Speaker 4: There's nothing we can do at this point but sit back and wait and let it grow its full term.
Speaker 5: Okay, can we get you waiting, man, somebody's feel to help me, right, nah.
Speaker 2: Man, Sir, can we get an appointment for you in the next four to five weeks? Can we do that?
Speaker 5: No, you got to get a pointment from me to day. I'm finna get better, man, I'm finna fly to Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I can't have no kicking out of me. I can't sit at the lapport. Man, he's gonna embarrass me like that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: Have to kick it out, my neighbor.
Speaker 2: You crazy, sir. I understand it.
Speaker 4: And like I said, oak triositis is very rare, and it's something that we haven't treated that many times here in the States, but overseas, the message that we're getting is that we need to let it grow its full term.
Speaker 5: So we ain't. Nobody in the Maryland got oak tree.
Speaker 2: Man, it's oakrios, sir.
Speaker 3: So I get it.
Speaker 5: I don't nobody else in America got it, Sir.
Speaker 4: I could not believe that you were coming up with oak triosts here in the States. It's it's something very rarely seen here. There's been two people in the past that has been diagnosed with this and they actually passed away.
Speaker 5: So now you tell them die and you're gonna chill me three weeks. Man, I'm coming down there today. Man, somebody coulda.
Speaker 1: Do something for me.
Speaker 2: There's nothing that we can do today until four to five weeks.
Speaker 5: I gotta go get married. I'm flying to Jamaica. Man, did you what I just said?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm hearing what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But I can't do anything if you don't see the tree already coming out.
Speaker 2: Of the navel yet.
Speaker 5: Somebody got to do something now now, I'm damn what you want me to do.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know what I want you to do, sir, but I have one more thing I can tell you.
Speaker 14: What you got to say?
Speaker 5: Man, are you listening listening to you?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: That's his nephew Tommy from the Steve Harpin Morning Show. You just got pranked by your boy.
Speaker 13: Ear Man, you.
Speaker 5: Gotta be pus man. Man out my wigs, Man, you too, listen you tomming man. Man, they'll be going crazy as hell. Man, I'm looking all of my damn labor things. The tree filler go out. Man, I'm on the air, man, No, you ain't on the air right now. Man, I'm already nerve to get married in two weeks.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I got one more thing to ask you, Marvin Man, what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 5: Land, Harvest Morning Show. If you're listening, your asses out the wigs. Yeah, yeah, you out of there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be stupid in another hour, just this whole time, I'll be right.
Speaker 1: I love it. Come next, ask to see Hello, you're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news Lenny Kravitz receives his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Flashy Bishop Whitehead from Brooklyn is found guilty, and our very young Earl Duke of Attingham is here to tell us what's going on with the royal family.
Speaker 1: They have been in the news a lot.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it's time to ask the clo Cloak yup Cloak. Capri in Paramus says, I went on a date to a bar that my ex boyfriend goes to all the time he was there, he came over to say hi, and he shook my date's hand. Later, my ex texted me and said I look beautiful and happy.
Speaker 1: Did my plan work? Is my ex jealous?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if he's jealous. He wanted to say something to you, acknowledge you. Maybe he's a class guy. But he wasn't afraid to go over to the guy because obviously he felt like he was just as good, if not better than that guy. Like it ain't like he was over there looking at the rock, you know, was you know, looking across the room at the rock. He was probably looking over there and more like a Tommy type, you know. Yeah, well I'm more approachable than the rock. Yeah, yeah, I would think I had a better chance if it don't go right with you than the rock.
Speaker 2: You know, it go wrong with the rock. You know.
Speaker 9: I know you're a little badger in all this hell, but you know, but I'm sexy though. Down now, I don't know if he were up. That's why a lot of people don't see a lot of people don't see that. That's what I was saying. A lot of people don't say nobody and Junior, Junior, really he's still mad about Bob shopping.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so go ahead, car, Yeah he's back, all right, Rosanna sentence. I'm married to the most unconventional woman on the planet. She started hanging our clothes outside to dry, like back.
Speaker 1: In the day, and she's trying to scale back our whole lifestyle. I'm not a caveman, and I'm sick of it. How do I tell her?
Speaker 9: Well, just like just like you text us, just tell her. But obviously there's something going on financially. She's trying to save money. She don't want to run the dry. Now, things real bad when you don't want to cut the dry Come on now, cause I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Costs to run.
Speaker 9: And I'm not trying to be bullgie, but if you can't cut your dry, that drought and I ain't and we was po. I ain't never heard my mama say.
Speaker 12: That cut that draw and there he was and you never heard mama.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know we had to shut the door before we let all out, but you know, I ain't never heard my mama say.
Speaker 1: Turn that drow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to try to clothes now. You got clothes out on the clothes line though, that's back where all that though?
Speaker 9: Because whoof Yeah, something going on. I can't help you. It's a financial decision she'd have made.
Speaker 7: Okay, you ready for the next one, Yeah, Judy in Brentwood says, I've been married for eighteen years. My husband has started getting lazy with his hygiene and he will go for two days and not shower. He said, where it's forty eight hour deodorant, so it's all good.
Speaker 1: It's not though, and he smells like onions. Why can't he smell it? Oh?
Speaker 9: No, you can't smell yourself. That's the key to that's the key to being funky. You can't not your mouth. Yeah, you can smell your knowles if you catch it right, Like you reach up on the shelf for something, you go, okay, that dog now, and then you look round make sure an't nobody there, you know, But like your breath, you don't really know.
Speaker 2: You can be knocking folks out and not even know it because it's there. It's there. You're gonna have to have a talk with him.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have to be persistent, and you gotta be insistent, and you gotta just let him know, Hey, this ain't working for me. I don't know what's going on, but it is not working for me.
Speaker 2: And then prove to him that it's not working.
Speaker 9: How does she do that? Don't touch me, get your hands off me quick? Bring you breathing on me? Why you breathing on me?
Speaker 16: You know, questions like that kind of because you take a shout can yoda and a forty eight doll I don't even know if I know which one is. Fourty eight dollar degree theaters that go to day. I ain't seen it work. I'm not willing to test it, Feud. I got cards and I'm walking paths to long day. I can't test it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I use an old spice high endurance, high endurance.
Speaker 2: In some days it has an endured.
Speaker 9: As I put on high endurance and turned it into low tolerance.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you work the test.
Speaker 12: You putting everybody to just do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I don't recommend it, thog.
Speaker 1: So Judy just needs to tell him, huh.
Speaker 2: A shower. I always feel good when I take a shower energy.
Speaker 9: I'll be tired sometime, but I just feel good, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, freshened you up? Yeah, all those things here, Judy taking man, what's going on? Eighteen years?
Speaker 17: Girl?
Speaker 1: You could tell them all?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 7: Here we go, Jilani and Tupelo says, I need to know if I'm being petty or not.
Speaker 2: I date a man.
Speaker 7: The love's calling me pet names, and that's my pet peeve. I've been called boo bay, sweetness, and sugar all in the same day.
Speaker 1: Why can't he call me Lannie?
Speaker 7: Am?
Speaker 1: I asking for too much?
Speaker 2: Damn man?
Speaker 17: What is that?
Speaker 2: A man calling you sweet little names? You don't want that.
Speaker 9: That's your pet peeve. Somebody calling you a sweet name, that's your pet peeve. Sister for real, for real sister.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like it. She doesn't like boo babe, a babe, boom, sweetness, sugar.
Speaker 2: I call her call her by name, Lonnie.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, okay, I tell you what, going in there and telling him to stop calling you that, just going in there and telling I think she's being extremely petty. But then you know what, so many people what the woman want to be called her name? But damn man, what's what's the matter? You know everybody, marg you got pet names. You know I got a pet name for it. She know, I mean, damn you with somebody for a long time. I think it's being petty. But you have every right want what you want. But if that's to fight you didn't pick, do you know how many fights you're gonna have to pick? Damn, that's that's that's irritating you. Kindness lady going in there, you're going in that telling so maybe you.
Speaker 7: You can break it down to her as to why he is doing that. Why is he calling her a pet?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe he just being a fabe. Babe.
Speaker 9: This is my babe, this is my boo, this is my whatever it is. I don't say boo. I don't like to turn boo myself, but hey, boo, that ain't my tim But you know, Marjorie got her pet name. She know what I'm calling her. That's it ain'ybody. Nobody else does not call it that, but she knows.
Speaker 1: So you have for your wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish, I wish I would be walking around my house and hear somebody else calling it.
Speaker 9: It's exclusive, right, yeah, yeah, So I don't see why you're upset. But if that's you, that's your pet peeve, then you could go ahead and tell it to it. But now when he stopped calling you that, Okay, that's what she grew that. Yeah, somebody else might like to be called bath.
Speaker 7: All right, well, thank you Colo coming up at right top of the hour entertaining news right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show.
Speaker 7: According to People magazine, fifty nine year old Lenny Kravitz was honored with a Hollywood Walk of Fame star on Tuesday at a ceremony with loved ones by his side, Zoe Kravitz, his daughter, of course, and Denzel Washington. I didn't know they were boys like that a longtime friend. Each gave speeches at the event.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to Denzel showing love to his buddy Lenny.
Speaker 3: He's a friend.
Speaker 5: I wrote down the definition of friend.
Speaker 2: I looked it up web study.
Speaker 18: A person who one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual.
Speaker 1: Typically exclusive of sexual relations.
Speaker 18: Well, oh, lord, a companion. A companion, it said, A boom companion.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They dassed each other up after that, denzil Yeah, did you know that, Steve that Denzel and Lenny Kravitz, Well, boys like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh okay, cool. Yeah, I'm cool with den I know Lenny. We took some pictures in Paris. A couple of times.
Speaker 2: I run up in to him. I ain't got his number, nothing, Oh I got then number. We holler.
Speaker 9: Then then Denzel kind of ign't it. I don't like to say that about people. But because he called with straight foolishness, He called with eight footage and to be all out of character because you're going this Denzel Washington hall where you're at, and you got to take his call and then and then he'd be flexing.
Speaker 2: He'll show you where he at. Guess where I am? I see it, though I know you wish you was here hall.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great French drift.
Speaker 12: How long y'all being friends?
Speaker 2: You in Gizil?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 9: Probably eighteen years? Maybe, Wow, I've known him before.
Speaker 2: That, but uh, that's cool. He got toys like you. He got the boats and the and the and the jets and all that. Of course you don't want to say it was a little rich question.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, yeah, well, well let me say that he's been he's been doing this a little bit longer than me.
Speaker 2: So another buddy, you go over there.
Speaker 9: And you can go over there flex back with him if you want to ask, be broke, I love you, go play with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Ain't struggling.
Speaker 1: He's comfortable for sure.
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 2: No, no, it way past comfortable.
Speaker 3: You at?
Speaker 12: If he where where you at?
Speaker 2: You just well, I'm comfortable.
Speaker 1: The other check other.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he don damn near flat line. He's so comfortable.
Speaker 1: Well, let me say this.
Speaker 7: In addition to Zoe and Denzel, stars like Marla Gibbs was there, Channing Tatum and Burning White see what was there?
Speaker 1: So Lenny studded for his uh star in Hollywood Walker Bay.
Speaker 7: So congratulations to Lenny Kravitz and other entertainment news. According to CNN, Flashy Brooklyn passed. Lamar Whitehead was convicted Monday in federal court of using parishioners retirement savings to try and trying to extort other church members. Whitehead known for his you know Louis Vatan suits. You see him rocking the Louis Finde all those designer luxury designer labels and extravagant trying to rock that jump or no yeay, yes yeah, remember he made headlines Back in twenty twenty two, he and his wife were robbed of one million dollars worth of jewelry at their church. He's also made false statements to the FBI. Each one of Whitehead counts carries a maximum sentence of twenty years, and except for lying to the FBI false statements, that's about five years, says sentencing is July first, and he plans to appeal.
Speaker 2: Do y'all remember this guy, Doug.
Speaker 9: Yeah, appeals don't work with the feds. God, they don't come down there unless they got you. The fans is not. That's a different knock on the police knock on your door. You know you got tickead, you got bench one. Yeah, time for questioning. The FBI knock on your door that.
Speaker 2: They have it.
Speaker 12: They pretty much have everything.
Speaker 9: No, No, they got it, thog, they ain't got No, they ain't got time to waist. If you see their FBI or a t at Yeah, alcohol, tobacco, firem them initial locker them blue jackals, they're yellow riting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wind breakers FBI.
Speaker 1: You ain't never.
Speaker 12: They ain't never in a rush. They know what they're coming there for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they built their case, that's for sure. Yeah, they're not in a rush. All right.
Speaker 7: Well, and finally entertainment news. Quickly, we got to check in with the Duke of Attingham.
Speaker 2: He has to.
Speaker 20: Only got six day. Second, why is a guy that wound morning Cherry?
Speaker 2: What's going on? What other is that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: First of all, the Queen Camilla, she has a Barbie doll what's.
Speaker 2: Up with that? What have you heard about that? I'm saying, very very unattractive doll shopping?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, the Bobbie people must have lost their mind. It was we got tired of making cute doll. Let's make someone. Let's make someone to see if the children will love this one.
Speaker 7: Whit Wait, Duke, what's up with Princess Kate fixing pitches and stuff?
Speaker 1: We run out of time.
Speaker 2: Come back tonight. I'll be back on the next night.
Speaker 7: This is a pardon okay, all right, Duke hole tight coming up at twenty minutes after the hour and we'll get more information about the royal family with the Duke right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Morning show.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 7: Last break, the Duke of Attingham was here telling us all about Yes, yes, yes, Royal family expert. So now we talked about the queen. She has a barbidal Now what's going on with Princess Kate. She's been missing. Then everybody was concerned about her health. Then she put out this picture and now everybody says the picture has been altered in the images.
Speaker 1: It's not her. What's happening?
Speaker 2: How to be all talking?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 9: What Princess died, was the last time we didn't have to fix these ploutos everywhere around the house with their clients flout on shopping. They take people out of it. They've had some people, we've had them completely remove. Shut up, joe y'all hang over here trying to write these jokes for sun your help. That's horrible. What's happening at their palace now? Ever since Princess died, left and lay him, moved on with that beautiful young lady's.
Speaker 1: That's Harry Duke.
Speaker 2: Whatever, No, with the one with the largeous black girl.
Speaker 9: She left left right, She just left because it was just tired on the ran says about help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 9: That's all you got photos shop lots sometimes with them broms having not the most attractive people I've ever said.
Speaker 1: It's not about her looks. This is Princess Kate, not the Queen.
Speaker 9: It's all about looks. Why do you think they're taking them head and all the photos? I think the queen was wonderful the way she was, she was a wonderful woman.
Speaker 2: She was just elder lady.
Speaker 9: That's the way you're uphost love. But if you're not hell the heller leave. You're not some house to look elder, so you gotta fix your photos. And I'm pretty sure that the people down at Mattel who make the body doll and having to make some second thoughts about.
Speaker 2: This morul with making woman's doll is a troucious doll. I was trying to play with the doll they all day. I just had to lay it down. I'm just can't. I can't take it.
Speaker 1: You off for this duke, you know that, right, But the duke.
Speaker 9: I was little white girls all over there UK, just going crying, mommy, ain't mommy, I'm bought another bbby.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 12: Do anybody have the King's wife? Anybody had?
Speaker 9: King just came and made us take it. They passed them out and we gave them out free. You ain't even have to buy them. Anybody giving her about. They're all over the streets of London, children crying, leaving them, abandon Them's not true, duke, Fuck now.
Speaker 2: Why God, mommy?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 2: Courses Walma, momy, I want to Barby back.
Speaker 1: Nobody cried about that doll.
Speaker 7: All right, dude, thank you for coming coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour We're going to check Steve's voicemail.
Speaker 13: Bye, Duke Turdo, you're listening hard morning show.
Speaker 7: Time Now to check Steve's voicemail. Eight seven seven twenty nine. Steve is the number. If you would like to leave a message for Steve, please do so and you might just hear your call on the air.
Speaker 1: Steve, Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh. This message was left a female listener. She has a I've got some wardrobe advice.
Speaker 1: For you to check it out.
Speaker 6: I would like to say that Steve Harvey looks a lot more slender if he wears just just the one button down, not for you know, the double breasted suits, and he looks like he's lost thirty pounds when he wears just the single one.
Speaker 15: I enjoy watching him all the time.
Speaker 17: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Bye.
Speaker 2: Well you look frown. You got the dover breath. That's what she told you use a fat ass with them dover breath. Well that's not what I heard.
Speaker 9: I heard it looked like I lost thirty pounds, which is exactly how much I've lost him.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. All you heard it.
Speaker 3: You are here.
Speaker 2: You don't hear the double breast part.
Speaker 12: The double breast suit quit wearing.
Speaker 2: The double breast, is what the lady is saying, because you look fat with them all. Well, I think you need to stand on your tippy toes when you take pictures. So well, what else.
Speaker 9: Were man Junior says, you want to say something?
Speaker 2: You need your damn baseball cat ain't.
Speaker 9: Ain't anybody else take ain't.
Speaker 2: Know why I ass you know about.
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know what that's I'm just saying, you know what you come for me. I ain't say nothing to the caller. I accepted that I picked out the part I chose to deal with. I don't know what to tell you. I ain't got nothing to say. But then you know, Chim and Chime want to jump in over here something you know. I can't say nothing, but I got something for both of these two right here. You know that's how you got to handle it. You know, if you're all upset, I was talking about your hairline, you know, you say something else.
Speaker 2: You know you came in this morning, you was about your hands. The next call a calling, and first of.
Speaker 9: All this email bag until the email asked you something joints.
Speaker 2: I don't go ahead, car, okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: This message was left the guys.
Speaker 7: Supporter, a Trump supporter wants you to get your facts straight.
Speaker 17: Uh uh, you see y'all talking about Trump, y'all talking about how he riot he said, let's go down If you actually watched the video, Trump said, let's peacefully walk down there.
Speaker 2: To the Capitol.
Speaker 17: So don't sit here and put something out there because you're making yourself look not very intelligent, because.
Speaker 3: You really need to see you didn't incite the right. The riot was going on.
Speaker 17: It already had started eight minutes prior.
Speaker 5: To the speech evening ending before he even said that.
Speaker 17: So get the facts, okay, don't make us look bad.
Speaker 2: No hold on, man, let me give you the facts.
Speaker 9: The fact that a president you think, would say, let's peacefully walk down there, full knowing the rhetoric that was said before, but peacefully walk down there for what to overturn the government? To peacefully walk down there?
Speaker 8: For?
Speaker 9: What to overturn a right nunjustifiable election? When a president sends a group of people to a protest. What kind of president are we talking about? So I got my facts straight. What your ass need to do is get your head out to saying and out of Donald Trump's butt. So you can see what's really going on. You just says stupid as the rest of them. Don't call my show and tell me I ain't got the facts. When you sit up here, if you listen to the tape, he said, let's peacefully walk down there. Why would a president knowing the audience, knowing the Q and none knowing that all these people in here know the militia groups that's in the audience looking at the close they got on and the riot didn't start eight minutes before. That's not true. They they were down there waiting and they he sent the rest of them down there. Maybe amen, Maybe you didn't watch the tape. Were you familiar with the people whose lives were lost? Did you figure? Did you see the property damage? Did you see the actions of the protesters? Did they look peaceful to you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: Now what fact? You won't me? Get straight home?
Speaker 8: What you on?
Speaker 2: You want to get straight?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next to the nephew.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next, you're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after it's today's Strawberry letter. The subject is I think my wife is ashamed of me. But right now is here, Oh what today's bread, Paul, what you got, nephew, This.
Speaker 4: Right here is bump and grind. Bump and grind. That's what we're gonna do this morning.
Speaker 2: Cat off nothing room. Yeah yeah, let's go get Hello.
Speaker 11: Hello, I'm time Marcus, Marcus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is Hey.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 19: I can you?
Speaker 15: Manad Hey, hey listen, let me turn the radio now for gad.
Speaker 11: Hey listen, I live in and uh.
Speaker 3: I live in the apartment building.
Speaker 11: That you just moved into.
Speaker 3: I live in twenty one A and you live above me in twenty two A.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 11: I actually got your number from the lease in office.
Speaker 8: I told him I wanted to welcome you to the apartment building, man, but I didn't want to really raise no opbrows. But I was really calling about you know. You know, first of all, let me go ahead and say welcome to the building.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 11: I hope that you and your your uh is that your wife that lives with you?
Speaker 15: First of all, thank you, brother, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: But why would you need to have my number to do that?
Speaker 15: You could just came knocked on my door man, boy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we'll see whatever the reason why. I mean, I really called and got the number. Was kind of reach out to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: I don't be wanting to start no trouble with nobody like that. I want to you know, I want I want my neighbor to be cool with me, and I want to be cool with my neighbors.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 8: So I was reaching out man, because you know the noise, man, I was.
Speaker 3: I'm I work at night and.
Speaker 8: I sleep during the day, man, but it seems like they you guys moved in, man, in the middle of the day.
Speaker 21: It's you know, I mean, I know what it's like to have a lady hold on, hold on, holda holda You're hearing marriage is coming from my place in the middle of the day, right.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm here, I'm getting I'm here, and you're making love to you lady. Man.
Speaker 14: I mean, yoh, man, now you know what it did.
Speaker 15: You might be hearing something from a mother another unit. Man, it's definitely not coming from us because I'm at work and my you know, my girl is there, but she on a computer. You know, she's looking for a gig right now?
Speaker 11: Hell look it okay, okay, okay, wait a minute, now, So you live in a firement twenty two A. Right, yeah, okay, see I live in pointy one A.
Speaker 3: Your your bedroom is above my bedroom?
Speaker 5: Where then heldo, holdo.
Speaker 15: He's telling me that you're hearing yourses that sounds like somebody's making love coming from my crib at this time of day, and I'm not there and only my woman is there.
Speaker 3: Dude, Man, you know I did.
Speaker 15: I'm not trying to be ruder any day. I appreciate you calling and and you know name right now that any where you shop you went right, uh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, Look, I mean you call you mean all right, So let's get to the bottom of this one time, you saying you hearing this, what kind of hands are you hearing?
Speaker 15: Exactly?
Speaker 8: Tell me, hey, hey, hey, hey, you know what, man, there's probably just a big mistake. I mean, maybe she just hanging some pictures or something.
Speaker 14: Bro, you know, living my life.
Speaker 3: I don't know pictures, man, we ain't even what pictures your I mean.
Speaker 15: You calling me like you hear a candle after my.
Speaker 14: Crib you're talking about?
Speaker 8: Hey, man, listen, Marcus ipodgiz, I'm I'm I'm you know, no, my mirror.
Speaker 14: You telling me I'm here.
Speaker 3: You know I say what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: I don't know what you're on, but I'm.
Speaker 15: A mid No, I'm not going you. I understand that money.
Speaker 14: You calling me telling me you hear the where is coming from? I could and should like somebody, And now you're telling me that whatever thought it was.
Speaker 8: Hey man, all I'm saying is maybe it's just a legitimate mistake. I don't say, may she hanging the pictures of moving the burnie.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 15: Just man, I keep telling you that, you know picture. Ain't nobody hearing this.
Speaker 14: It shouldn't three minds coming from.
Speaker 15: I said, hey man, I ain't trying to I ain't trying to start no trouble.
Speaker 3: Man, And you're not trying to know what you tell me that.
Speaker 11: All I was going about was trying to get a decent, decent rests.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 8: I work at night, brought.
Speaker 3: It's all I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: Man, I'm not trying to get it.
Speaker 3: It's the great guys ship.
Speaker 14: I don't kill it.
Speaker 3: You calling me telling me that's just being good.
Speaker 15: You're leases a man like that.
Speaker 14: I ain't even believe it.
Speaker 15: You got to ride a dress when you live at man, you live a.
Speaker 8: Yes man in apartment twenty one A, and your place is above mine.
Speaker 15: Man, Man, hold on, man, hold on, we pulling suck over?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 5: Hold on what second?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 15: Because you're talking song through it?
Speaker 3: Hey, man, look, I'm not I'm not trying to have no trouble.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to have no trouble. Bro I do come to I was working there, dam I do sifty hours a week while we did like this. Okay, okay, I'm not all I'm saying is man.
Speaker 14: I thought I.
Speaker 3: Thought you was making love to your your woman. Man, That's what I thought. That's why I called you to ask her to keep the noise down.
Speaker 14: I don't want the h in my wife. You much right up.
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 14: You go that he go with it? Twenty what a that come the resty hill could get good at it?
Speaker 3: You ain't really from left tould no hold on, hold no, hell on, dude, you're not coming to my apartment to hear nothing now. I ain't got nothing to do.
Speaker 17: With I want to.
Speaker 3: I ain't letting you in my house.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: If I no, man that you got going on upstairs? You gotta control your woman.
Speaker 2: Man, It ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: I'm telling me when woman wasn't even know.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you.
Speaker 3: I know it on there weighing it out for the last two weeks between twelve and two. I know that you got you talking to James Man. I'm coming to your health. You ain't coming to my apartment.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm not it.
Speaker 14: I ain't man.
Speaker 3: Listen, No, I ain't got nothing to do with it. I'm telling you troubles many.
Speaker 14: I got one more things I need to say you man that you listen for my Chris.
Speaker 3: I got one more thing I need to say. All right, all right, better unless they better be telling me open and don't. Are you lessen?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm listen.
Speaker 3: Listen, nephew, tell me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 5: You just got praanked by your own boys.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Oh what the.
Speaker 14: Ver twenty one?
Speaker 3: Ain't man step away from twenty one eight? Please listen, new.
Speaker 21: You tire me from the Steve Harvey Morning till your boys got me to break you man?
Speaker 5: Oh oh.
Speaker 14: Damn are you at twenty one eight?
Speaker 21: Jille, I'm right outside my apartment, man, I'm red. Blow ahead, Hang up, man, sapt you tell me still tell me. Man, How you doing brother?
Speaker 19: Oh man, Man, Tommy, you had me going, Man, I was coming up. Man, I'm serious, Man, I got one more thing I gotta asked for.
Speaker 2: I let you go.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: What is what is the maddest radio show in the land?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 3: Man, it's the Steve Horvey Morning.
Speaker 15: Show without a doubt.
Speaker 3: Hey man, step away from twenty.
Speaker 5: One, A step away.
Speaker 2: And there you have it right now. Plate great, IGNit's straight stupid. That's how we're doing it this morning.
Speaker 22: All right, all right, I'm up be stupid this weekend, man, and it starts today. It starts tonight in Richmond, Virginia. You do understand that, don't It's show tonight, Who Friday, Who Saturday? One on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I think I got forty tickets left for Sunday show at three o'clock. The Nephew is in Richmond, Virginia. The funny bone is jumping off tonight. All right, don't be late, Do not be late. Come on up in there and get it while the getting is good, because the nephew gonna show you what's up and coming.
Speaker 2: And it's me. Yeah, it really is really.
Speaker 4: Laying in the Montgomery, Alabama, the nephew headed down there at Montgomery the gulp, that is March thirtieth at the Montgomery Performing Arts Center. That would be me, that would be JJ Williamson, that would be celebrity the comedian and the one and only earthquake in the building in Montgomery, Alabama. Black hats up. Let's go, baby, you want to come down to Richmond, man and hang out with me? Get on, stay in let me Virginia funny bone. Yeah, when the last time you've been down there?
Speaker 8: I do all that.
Speaker 9: Last time I done? Now, I played golf with h Bruce Smith smith Y' that's it there. That was a big boy right there, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was the day I played with him.
Speaker 9: I played the round of Golf's first time I ever played a round of golf with the same ball.
Speaker 2: One Oh, I've never done that. One ball, one ball on the eighteenth house. I thought about it. I was so nervous.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you, sir, Thank you, nephew. Coming up next Today's Strawberry Letter. The subject is I.
Speaker 1: Think my wife is ashamed of me. You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show time.
Speaker 7: Now for today Strawberry Letter and if you need advice on relationship, dating, work, sex, parenting and more. Submit your Strawberry letter to Steve Harvey FM dot com and click submit Strawberry letter.
Speaker 1: We could be reading your letter like we're going to read this one today. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 2: Buck it up?
Speaker 1: Hold on tight.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I got caught up in a moment. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is a Strawberry letter. Yeah, appreciate you, pimp. Listen, Shelle ain't here today, So this is how we do it. I'm gonna read the letter, call it, go respond, then I'll respond.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: Subject is I think my wife is a shame to me. Just Stephen Shirley. I'm a fifty eight year old married man. I'm a dump truck driver. I retired from teaching after thirty years.
Speaker 2: In the classroom.
Speaker 9: I was only fifty five, so I decided to reinvent myself and get back to work. I was talking one of my homeboys that has a hauling business. I hadn't talked to him in years. One day I ran up into him and he was telling me how he bought a truck and he gets a lot of business hauling dirt, tree limbs and debris and he sets his own rates. He said he already made twenty seven thousand this year and it's only March. I went to my wife with the idea of buying a truck and taking a class to become a certified driver. She shot that idea down. She said I should go find something better to do. I went in one year in after the other one, because I had already had done some research on how to start my business. Then I talked to another buddy of mine that's a fire and he said when people have fires, they need damaged furniture and clothes to be hauled off. He said, it's so many possibilities fe in come if I own a truck. So I went and leased a truck. Then I completed my training. I've been driving for four months and my uncle lets me park the truck on the side of this convenience store. My wife is very upset about my new profession. I think she's ashamed of me. I over talking to her bulge ass mama, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: That tone.
Speaker 2: That you don't say, ask yes.
Speaker 9: I overheard her talking to her bullge and mama, and she says she hopes this is just a phase. Because I have a PhD and I'm driving a dump truck. I was hurt and I wanted to tell her to stop asking for my dump truck money. Then how do I build with a wife who is ashamed of my new hustle and refuses to support me?
Speaker 2: My lord, take it away, caller?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Steve Well.
Speaker 7: I mean, she sounds like she's not it, which you knew because she specifically told you that. But since you knew how she felt, you just can't be mad at her feelings. The good news is that she's not threatening to leave you. So I think you just have to keep hustling to pay the bills, because if you don't contribute to the household, and if you don't help pay the bills, that's a whole another issue. So if your wife, I don't know, if she starts talking about divorce, then you have a decision to make.
Speaker 1: But go to your wife.
Speaker 7: You have to talk to her and maybe you guys could come together at what new ideas.
Speaker 1: She will support for you hustling and and support you in that. But for now, you have to keep hustling.
Speaker 7: You have to contribute to the household because I'm telling you, as a wife, if you come in there with no contribution.
Speaker 1: You're going to have a bigger, bigger issue. Hello, Hello, you got to something to the table. What you got to see?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 8: I go.
Speaker 9: I think my wife is ashamed of me. I think you right. I think this is ignorance on her part if you asked me. Here's a man who's fifty eight years old and he was in the classroom. Now, teacher's already underpaid, but you know, obviously he did well enough to retire. Some congratulations to the brother. He was in thirty years in the classroom, and so he fifty five, he decided to reinvent himself. He ran up in the buty it had a dump truck, and was telling her how much money he had made. He had made twenty seven thousand dollars so far for the year, and it was just now March. So he went in there and told his wife about this idea he thought about of raising some more money and taking a class become a certified driver. She shot the idea down. Here is the key to this whole letter. She shot the idea down and said, I should go find something better to do. See you got that PhD. She thinks you ought to put it to more use and go do something what she considers better to do. But see, what some people don't understand is owning a business. It's probably more valuable at this man in this point in his life than going to work for somebody else. This man has an entrepreneurial spirit. He wants to freedom setting his own rates. He wants to freedom of being his own boss. He ain't going back to work for nobody else. He put thirty years in for somebody. This man that came up with an idea, why I can make extra money. I don't mind working with my hands. I'm gonna support my family, take care of Now you in here tripping. Now she kind of ashamed of him, And I think in this letter is now we're gonna get into it in the second half. But that's exactly what then happened.
Speaker 2: Now she wrong for this. I think one one hundred percent incorrect in the way she's handling this.
Speaker 9: Ain't like and he's already making money because he made a statement later on in the letter that I'll read to you when we come back that says he's making money. But it's her thought of the imagery what her friend's gonna say, why he driving the dump truck. So when I come back, I will finish off. Okay, all right, put her on a nice little package in a bowl, and I will also tell you dog how to be successful under these conditions.
Speaker 1: All right, good news.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of Steve's response at twenty three after the hour you're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show.
Speaker 7: Okay, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I think my wife is ashamed of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well i'd heard that before.
Speaker 1: What's that about? You come on with the recap.
Speaker 2: That's why you call in. And I've had a lot of experience, had a lot of fiddy you ant married man.
Speaker 9: He's a dump truck driver. He retired from teaching and he was sitting at the house, you know, for a while. He was only fifty five, so he wanted to reinvent himself. He ran up in the buddy. He had a hauling service, and he told him he had a truck and he was how much extra money you could make by hauling debris, trees, furniture, dirt and all like this, and said he'd already made twenty seven thousand dollars and it was only March. He said why that's a good idea, man. So he took the idea into his wife and she shot it down. And the key word for her was, I think you should go find something back to do. That's a very busy statement. So that went in one end out the other because he was already researching on how to start his own business. Then he ran up in another homie of his that was a fire yeah man, and said, when people got fires, they need people to haul off they old clothes, debriathe furniture, all mattresses, all this help. He said, there's a whole lot of possibilities if you own a truck. So dude in the letter went at least a truck. Then he completed his training. He been driving for four months and his uncle let him park the truck on the side of his convenience store. My wife is very upset about my new profession, and I think she's ashamed of me. And you know how he found out. He overheard her talking to her bugy as Mama.
Speaker 1: It does not say you're adding to the description now.
Speaker 2: It should say.
Speaker 9: Little bugey as Manmi, You and your damn mammi in that running your mouth with your manmi. She says, she hopes it's just a phase because I have a PhD. What do the PhD have to do with the man wanting to be a businessman? What does the PhD have to do with him wanting to own his own service? What does a PhD have to do with him making extra money? What does a PhD? How does a PhD allow you to be your own boss?
Speaker 2: The man?
Speaker 9: See, PhD does not allow you to be the man? Not in his world in education, his PhD will allow him to get a job somewhere. Every job you get gonna have a supervisor attached to it, most of them.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: He tied of it.
Speaker 9: So now he was hurt, and he wanted to tell her to stop asking for my dump truck money. Oh so, oh right, Oh so you closet embarrassed. You're gonna spend the money that the jump truck may but you don't want him to drive a dump truck. Well, the drug don't drive his damn self. So that's kind of crazy. Now, he says to me, how do I be old with the wife who is ashamed of my new hustle and refuses to support me. Now we have a problem. I'm pretty sure some other people like myself, have been in a situation where you couldn't get support from somebody that you felt was your teammate or something like that, your livy in person, your spouse. You know, we've all had that happen to us. Well, one thing about it. When I was told, if you go out there on tour, don't ever come back. I was told, if you really love me, quit your job, quit doing that and get a regular job. You see me on this radio, don't you? You see me on Family Few, don't you? Cause I didn't give damn what you was talking about. I have the right to pursue my dreams, and my dreams is valid.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: If she had, if she had an alternative for you, I could understand, baby, instead of having a dump truck business, let's open up this tax service, because you know both of us are accountants. But that ain't the case. Well, baby, let's don't don't do the dump truck business. I would rather put the money in this home remodeling service. Yeh, But but that ain't what she did. All she did was complain about you driving the dump truck because it's embarrassing to her. Because she bugy and her mama bullgy, So you have a problem. I'll support myself though. See, I just keep on doing what I'm doing. It's hard, you know, it's kind of crazy though. Man, you can run up into you can be married to a person that don't support you and tell you what. Ladies, let me just say this too, women, do you know the thing that hurts me and the most that they don't really mention? You know what bothers us more than anything? What's the lack of appreciation? It is the lack of appreciation. Nothing bugs your man more that that he won't say it to you than if you don't appreciate him. Well, why I got Well, he don't appreciate me. Well, I ain't talking about that. I'm talking about women who have husbands and men who are out here going to work and bringing it in the house, trying to make it work. All we want is an occasional pat on the head. I know it's hard out there, but thank you so much for the way you try to take care of this family. We really really appreciate it, and that would go a long way with some people. But instead of just taking the money and then complaining to your bullshy.
Speaker 1: Mammy, Yeah, thank you, Steve and Hot half.
Speaker 9: Of the money that you're getting off the dump truck.
Speaker 7: Pusher comments at Steve Harvey FM on the Gram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never Sounded So Good? Downloaded today Now coming up at forty six after the hour, Junior is in the building Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show time now for Junior with today's Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: What you got Junior?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 12: Uncle Tim to me, I'll show this.
Speaker 10: If you had half a million contract and you want to help your team, would you restructure your contract?
Speaker 12: Would you do that for the team?
Speaker 2: Half a million? Yeah? Five hundred yeah?
Speaker 5: Half?
Speaker 12: Would you instructure your contract?
Speaker 2: You to get your money straight first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Half a million?
Speaker 10: I mean talking half half a bill is really? Would you restructure your contract to help your team? I don't know what Papa ma Home is doing that.
Speaker 12: He got half a billion dollar contract.
Speaker 10: He said he gonna restructure to help the team because he wanted to win another Super Bowl, so he gonna give up. Uh, he gonna restruct his contract free of twenty one million dollars to bring in new players.
Speaker 12: I don't see why I would do that. I don't know why I don't love a team that more.
Speaker 9: And now when he say he gonna restructure, he not giving twenty one back. He's just moving around the way he received it. But would you do that for the team though, You'd be surprised how creative they can be with finances.
Speaker 2: He moving that money around.
Speaker 9: He coming out on top, and you got five hundred million and we're talking twenty one million.
Speaker 2: That ain't even ten percent.
Speaker 4: Hmm, Junior, if our heart give me your half. Um, I'm not finna give you none of that.
Speaker 1: June, You're not gonna restructure?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: What's so Selfish'd better get in there and restructure your damn set?
Speaker 12: Well, just say this, no, Telly, did you see who this Texas saying?
Speaker 10: Now we finally showed up in We got running back Joe Mixon from the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 12: Don't he coming to the Texas?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 12: We got Joe Mixing? What we gotta run it back?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: Now, I don't want to I don't want to bloat, but you know, y'all are y'all aren't free agency to y'all? Did sign James Winston y'all, y'all about to sign him Winston. Yeah, that's what the Cleveland Brown crab leg Yeah, crab leg Winston.
Speaker 12: That's who they finished signed. You got your missing though.
Speaker 2: See, y'all, y'all better hide all them crab y'all. He is on the water though. Well, he tell y'all this, he.
Speaker 1: Wanted a backup quarterback.
Speaker 12: You got a good one.
Speaker 1: Quacks in Cleveland.
Speaker 9: I ain't mad at Jamis, so y'all ain't slow down now. Texas got a good team, but they ain't that y'all. Hey, Uh the boy from uh Titans was out there, Henry. Henry was out there.
Speaker 8: Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: But he y'all got crab legs and massages, that's what.
Speaker 7: Because I don't want you at the top of the yard. Just get it out the crab legs at Okay, coming up? Steve is mad at the top of the hour. Man on social media needs advice, crowd about his boss. We'll talk about it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show.
Speaker 1: Elliott on Steve Harvey FM. Wright.
Speaker 7: Hey Steve, I'm one of your blue eyed Soul Brother listeners. I've been working for the same company for four years and I love what I do. I also love my coworkers, my boss, that is until last week. We were all in the breakroom having lunch when my boss revealed that he believed the earth was flat. I laughed, thinking he was kidding, but no one else around the table did, and neither did he.
Speaker 1: So I asked him, hoping he was joking, I said, are you serious? He assured me.
Speaker 7: He was and proceeded to lay out some flat earther talking points. This point I decided to change the conversation and talk about sports or something. Apparently my co workers were aware of his beliefs and just never talked about it. I'm not sure I can work for and take directions from someone so dumb.
Speaker 1: What's my next move?
Speaker 2: Hey? Br bruh.
Speaker 9: Listen to me, man, you don't leave your job because your boss stupid. No, you're gonna mess up your income because you work around dumb people.
Speaker 2: What are you kidding me? Listen to me.
Speaker 9: Let him think the earth flat if he want to. Okay, so let me ask you something. If the world was flat, don't they mean there's an edge? Yep, yep, yep. So when you go over to the edge, when you see people go we gonna go around the world.
Speaker 2: How they do that?
Speaker 9: Has he ever seen a picture of Earth from the satellite the Round one? Yeah, dude, he think that's a saucer?
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: So Steve. He's struggling though. So he's struggling with how's this man gonna lead me? And he thinks like this, No, no, no, why you letting him lead you? You just hey you no no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: You just work there. Man.
Speaker 9: But dog, don't nobody lead you just get your check and go home watches people.
Speaker 18: Dog.
Speaker 9: I wish I would, man, I don't care nothing about what you think or believe. I've never had a boss, you know, some man. That's the reason I had to get out of out of work the work world, because I never had a boss that I thought should have been in charge of me. I just never met the man that I thought should have been in charge of me. The last person that was in charge of me. His name was Jesse Harvey. Oh my damn daddy, man, not the only person I thought was worth charging me. I let him be in charge of me, and I was cool. But he taught me a lot. I ain't don't, man, I ain't never met nobody I thought she'd have been in charge. I've never had a boss that I bowed down to that. I said, Man, this dude is smart. I hope I bet him one day. I ain't ever hope that. Bob Cook, Jim Neighbors, Riley Patterson, Tom Hawks, I ain't ever had a boss.
Speaker 2: You know, all of them done though every dog.
Speaker 9: My coolest boss I ever had was Jim Neighbors at Ford Motor Company. Coolest dude I ever had, man, young black dude out of Tennessee with a bear. I thought that dude was real cool. I ain't want to be him.
Speaker 1: But you respected him and took, you know.
Speaker 9: That respect for him because he had respect for me. I thought he was a cool dude. But I ain't want to be here.
Speaker 12: He ain't know that, but you know he was your supervisor at four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't gonna stay here, all right.
Speaker 1: So you're telling Elliott, don't worry about all that, just go do your job.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 9: What you're worried about what he thanked the world flat for? Well, I just met an atheist the other day in Family Few. I didn't walk off the set, but.
Speaker 1: That's not your supervisor. That's what he said.
Speaker 12: That's your show.
Speaker 1: That's your show. You're the host.
Speaker 12: You can't walk off.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't give a damn if the president of Freemantle was a Trump supporter. I don't give a damn.
Speaker 2: It probably is. I'm not finna mess with my money up because you because you stupid.
Speaker 7: Okay, No, all right, there you go, Elliott coming up. We'll have more trending topics on the Steve Harvey Morning Show at twenty minutes after the hour.
Speaker 13: You're listening Harby Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, I got a little music news for you guys today.
Speaker 7: New Addition has added more dates to their residency at the Encore Theater at the Wind in Las Vegas. There will be six new shows that will take place throughout the month of July. Michael Bivin said, Yep, we're coming back in July. Y'all tell your family, your friends. New Edition is getting started.
Speaker 12: The Strip.
Speaker 7: Edition, the first leg of New Editions, sold out residency. It kicked off back like the last week in February, like on the twenty eighth, and I know a few people that went and they said it was off the chain. It was really really good. So they are back in July. Get ready and before they get.
Speaker 1: Many tour forever.
Speaker 2: That is what I mean, just as people Man, that new addition is some cool people.
Speaker 1: Man there are Man Yeah yeah, all six members.
Speaker 7: You get to check them out, Bobby, Johnny, everybody all around.
Speaker 1: What you're saying that about all the groups?
Speaker 10: Ricky here, we can here, we can Jonas he got a residency in Vegas too, don't don't.
Speaker 1: Hm hmmm, you've just been checking sir. No, I'm saying Steve's been checked up with you.
Speaker 17: I talk.
Speaker 18: We gotta.
Speaker 1: Coming up. We got another round.
Speaker 2: Would you rather call down there before you go?
Speaker 13: You're listening.
Speaker 7: Morning show time now for Would you rather let's get it started? Would you rather fight Mike Tyson or Floyd Mayweather?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 12: Really, clothes line Floyd.
Speaker 2: So hard to take this woman. It ain't gonna hurt Nils back.
Speaker 1: Doing no boxing.
Speaker 12: I'm out here wrestling, Juli.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna be able with Floyd.
Speaker 17: You do know that, don't.
Speaker 12: Yes, I said I'm clothes line, I'm wrestling.
Speaker 9: I ain't nothing you can do it. You can't do nothing with Floyd. I know I can't do nothing with Mike tyst I can do something with Floyd. You can't do a damn thing with Floyd. Y'all need to stop this here, profession box size, bro, this is an ass women. You're gonna take his speed is now? It's not gonna work out.
Speaker 2: I take that. I take that killing I'm not I'm not fooling with Mike.
Speaker 12: What we're gonna do it?
Speaker 9: If it did, I didn't say you needed Mike, but you actually you're finish. Go in here with uh Floyd Floyd and go home.
Speaker 2: Clear.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're still gonna need some medication party. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not fighting Floyd foul No got to wrestle Floyd.
Speaker 2: Don't boy it all right?
Speaker 7: Would you rather marry the person of your dreams or have the job of your dreams?
Speaker 2: One or the other?
Speaker 4: Job the job of my dream I can get the person later. I need the job of my dream. Man and man you married?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 1: Did you look at my face?
Speaker 4: Did you just say, why are you y'all to ask these questions? If y'all don't want to ask, that's your answer? Well, you know what I just I'm just gonna quit answer.
Speaker 2: Huh. I understand the answer. I happen to have both.
Speaker 1: So, But would you rather the person of your dreams or the job of your dreams.
Speaker 2: Except what I say, we accepted it.
Speaker 1: Moving on, Come on, Jr. What you got ain, Steve?
Speaker 12: Hey, I just got in here. Hey, that's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, the you can say that's well.
Speaker 9: See, Tommy is absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 9: If you get the job of your dreams, you can probably attract the person in your dream. But if you got the person of your dreams, they can help you build and have the life of your dream. So I think the most important factor is the person. Yeah, okay, it's the person.
Speaker 1: The person.
Speaker 9: The person is the key factor. A woman is like an elevator button. She could take you up or she could take.
Speaker 2: You down, and you leave that. Youve got to get the right person because you get the wrong one. Partner.
Speaker 1: We feel the same way about men.
Speaker 2: All right, you absolutely yeah?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Coming up forty nine minutes after the hour, we will close out the show with Steve's closing remarks.
Speaker 1: Right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show.
Speaker 1: It's our last reck of the day Steve on this Thursday. Wow, this week went by pretty fast. You got some closing remarks for us, sir.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do, okay, my closing remarks today is to Junior. I want to apologize to Junior. What I want to offer an apology to Junior because I didn't know what Junior. I found out earlier that was hurting his feelings that I had mentioned his hairline on the radio. So I want to apologize for mentioning your hairline on the radio and let you know that I didn't know that bothered at you.
Speaker 2: It's just really amazing to me how it bothered you.
Speaker 9: And look at this, you know, for you to come in here every day and sit here and give your best and all and all to the Steve Harvey Morning Show, and yet to sit there and feel somehow challenged and to feel like you and them in the best life.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: I just want to take some time out to apologize to you.
Speaker 2: I didn't really.
Speaker 9: Mean to hurt your feelings, and I didn't even really to be honest with you, don't see how it is hurting your feelings.
Speaker 2: The fact that it does makes me have to apologize. I'm not hurt. Yeah, well it was hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah call it.
Speaker 2: Didn't he say he was hurt.
Speaker 1: You're acting like you were hurt. You brought it.
Speaker 7: This was yesterday and then you brought it up today. So stevens apologizing Jr.
Speaker 2: This lane hurts his Lyne.
Speaker 1: You shut up, nephew.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to take this time and the closing remarks do something I've never done before.
Speaker 18: Junior.
Speaker 1: This is big.
Speaker 9: This is I want to apologize to Junior kire space for bringing it up, for mentioning.
Speaker 2: It, bringing it up and bringing it back.
Speaker 9: Well, the WB started a long time ago. I was there when the WB started because they bought my contract from ABC. And when the WB started, I had a hold and deal with ABC. The WB bought the talents of Steve Harvey from ABC. WB was back then. WB is also making a comeback. The WB is not a TV network anywhere anymore. The WB is Junior's headline man.
Speaker 1: Not how thought you were going deep?
Speaker 12: What I would try to learn something You is learning something.
Speaker 2: The WB stands for way back. It's way back there now.
Speaker 9: But the redeeming factor in all this is and I won't applaud you, sir, because the fact that you are, in the words of LTD, holding on.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm so very hard to do when hand gone.
Speaker 9: H So, in my humblest way, I've set the tone to do something I've never done before, and that's to apologize to JR.
Speaker 1: I see, I was with you at first, and then you.
Speaker 12: I thought the WB story color was gonna teach me something.
Speaker 1: I did too. My bad, Junior, My bad.
Speaker 12: I thought, you know what this, This is the type of mentor you're gonna be to me in front of the world. This is how you gonna mentor me.
Speaker 2: Really, it's called tough love, JR.
Speaker 9: It's called mentoring you to prepare you for things to come, and to prepare you for things that's gone. It's not easy trying to get somebody you meanted to face the truth. Way'm mored face. And sometimes when you're talking to young people, you got to get him to identify the problem. And I think we've all identified it. Now hold your head back up. It's the same thing.
Speaker 12: Why should you even say, huh okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I just said that. I mean just he said he's finished, so do you.
Speaker 12: But I said go ahead, And I.
Speaker 9: Thought you said go ahead. You you have you're going way ahead. And it's all good man. I've been just looking at you, man, and it's me and Tommy. You know we went only just let ours go years ago. We just let it go because we just saw it. It was it was just tired of fight. And it's all good though, junior man. We've got a lot of love for you and everything. But like it's certain things like not that bad, it's not it's not. I want you to quit what I want you to do. I want you to stop saying stuff like it's not that bad. Okay, Well then how bad is it? And the glare from the light above your head is shining all the way up to the heads the set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means that's what now?
Speaker 12: Because if I say that get killed again? I can't.
Speaker 9: No, no, just go ahead and say it. I ain't gonna say you got it. That's just always say say it again.
Speaker 12: That's just the glare is because glare.
Speaker 1: Glare can't happen on hair.
Speaker 2: Nobody nobody gets a glare off their hair.
Speaker 13: Poor j.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a glad because it's a lot like it's like your forehead got baby all on it.
Speaker 1: Look at the time, Steve, time, when you sit in a chair, what you asked them to give you at the barbershop. We have asked you to be quiet this entire segment.
Speaker 2: We have asked you you all off the top.
Speaker 1: Take us home, Steve, goodbye.
Speaker 9: I you asked for when you asked for a raisor lining, or you ask him to use Take us home.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, have a great day today. Talk to God. He'd absolutely love to hear from y'all. Stay in peace.
Speaker 3: Now ask God by.
Speaker 8: Some hell.
Speaker 13: For all Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void We're prohibited.
Speaker 7: Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated.
Speaker 1: For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com.
Speaker 13: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show