Speaker 1: Welcome the Guys We Find the Anti Slut Change Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Christina Hutchinson, I'm Karen's sister and I'm yea boys friends. We bring up to its flooding, your horning and your shame.
Speaker 3: Hey it was what?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, hello fuckers, how you doing where you've been? We're a condom. Welcome to another episode of Guys We Fuck It's the Anti slut I mean podcast. I'm Karen Fisher, I'm Christina Hutchinson. Welcome to the show, and please welcome Eric Freddy.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's behind he's doing the be boo bee boo bee boop. We changed cameras. He got here at you know, seven in the morning. Apparently was here last night.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Loves working.
Speaker 1: Yeves obviously had an unstable childhood. Hell ya, trying to make up for it and we appreciate that. Yes, thank you so much for showing up.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 1: We've been really teasing for weeks that Eric is coming and then it keeps being Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So here he is. Yay, he's here.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 2: How you feeling, Eric?
Speaker 3: I feel fine. I got to I got a sinus infection right now.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, this is perfect. There's always because Mike always had an ailment. So the listeners are going to feel so comfortable that you are, you know, ten years younger and still still got altinuously ailing makes and pains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my back is messed up. I guess a sinus infection. I got a thing in my nose.
Speaker 1: I feel like that your back might be because of the work you do and being so tall, you're always hunched over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's that and the flights.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, do do ride? Just riding in a plane really suck for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah is the word.
Speaker 3: I hate it so much?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get like Delta comfort, like a little bit of extra leg room?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, and you don't deserve it. You didn't earn it yet. Yeah, you gotta work harder. The best, pretty hard.
Speaker 3: The best is when you get like the three seats right in the row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a rarity, but yes, it is nice.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'll take even one open seat next to me and coach. I think is better than comfort easily, Yes, easily, because then you could at.
Speaker 2: Least put your little toes on it. Yeah. I like that, And I just you know, and no one's elbow is on me.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't hear something clicking in the back of someone's throat. Oh.
Speaker 2: I hate when other people make noise. I always know.
Speaker 1: I always know it's gonna be a problem when someone sits down and looks at me and goes, hi, oh, that's gonna that's gonna be a flight.
Speaker 2: The best is when somebody sit. You're in three seats.
Speaker 1: You have the window, the middle seat they don't show up, and then the end seat they have a cute ass dog. That's always fun. That happened to me once. I rarely get a dog in my row. I had like a big dog like the dogs sitting on the floor by my feet. Yeah, I've had that before. That would be cute. I never get that they're such good boys.
Speaker 2: That's sad, sad, sad. I did have that bus that the on the bus the dog that.
Speaker 1: Someone threw up on. Oh, I sat on my lap, I remember, and I didn't mind. That's how much I love dogs. There was human throw up on the dog and I still pet the dog. No, no, no, there it was a yeah, a negligent owner. I was like drunk on this bus. This is back in the day when Christina and I had to travel by bus at like Mega bus. Everywhere they they the owner threw up on the dog. The dog hated the owner. He ran to the seat behind, which was me and Christina jumped in my lap and I quickly realized he had human vomit on him. But I was like, he needs pets more than this. Vomit's gonna bother me. I was like, I can wash off the vomit. These pets are gonna last forever. Yeah, they're gonna make an indent on that dog soul. Oh, poor guy, Yeah, the poor dog. Rather Yeah, I felt bad.
Speaker 2: I felt well, I do feel bad.
Speaker 1: The guy was obviously in a bad place, but he didn't need to bring the dog to the bad place with him, No he didn't. Yeah, where were we? I have no God, I wouldn't have remembered that. I mean, probably going to like I would get it. It would have to be somewhere like DC, Baltimore, Philly, like on the way to one of those those the only places like I think that Mega bus goes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I's taking the I feels Baltimore. Maybe what we were going to.
Speaker 1: I feel like we used to take the bus to Baltimore, like to Magoobi's or something. Yeah, probably that would make sense. Yeah, it's a little quick, quick, quick trip. Yeah, guys, are you in Los Angeles on May eleventh, Well, you're in luck because Kurin and I will be doing a live recording of Guys We Fucked at Netflix as a joke festival at the Regent Theater. Oooh that's big. Yeah, it's a big one, so buy your tickets. Five hundred and fifty seats. They'll make us look like chumps.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Joel Ronson, I'm gonna have to say it's son of John Ronson. It's going to be performing music because you know, we feature independent artists on the show all the time, so we thought it would be cool if we really brought the podcast to life with that. He's very British and very excited. Oh British, Oh my god. We were talking on the phone with him last night. I'm like, you are the most British. I feel like you should live in a forest. Yeah, he's British in person. And then we spoke to him on the phone for the first time yesterday. Even more Britain, way more British. It's exceptionally British. Yeah, so come see his British ass play some music. And then our American asses talk to a very special guest for an amazing episode.
Speaker 2: Of the show Man.
Speaker 1: What a good guest we have, and yeah, they're phenomenal and you're gonna lose your shit bring a bar bag, yeah, and then go bar from the toilet. And if you are in Springfield, Missouri, March twenty second and twenty third, I'm headlining the Blue Room and I'm very excited. It's gonna be a good time. Come see me Friday and Saturday, two shows both days. Ooh ooh, all right, if you want to send us an email, it's sorry about last night' show at gmail dot com. This subject line says, how do I avoid all these eggshells?
Speaker 2: I'm walking on?
Speaker 1: Hi? Christina Crin and Eric? Oh sweet, look how excited he got?
Speaker 5: We Eric?
Speaker 1: Have you got I've been kind of tracking your followers. Have you gotten more followers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I've gone up probably like four hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's make that better. Everybody, come on. But that's still nice. That's still nice.
Speaker 3: Wait before we start, can I plug dates?
Speaker 2: Oh? Boy, here we go? Now you will allow go ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm coming to Edmonton six through ninth of June.
Speaker 2: Coming to I wouldn't have said it like that, Oh Am, I coming. I got a six through ninth of June. What do you? What are you British? Are you writing a letter to your loved one? Across the seat? June sixth through ninth? This is American Podcast.
Speaker 3: June sixth through ninth. I'll be in Edmonton. They pull up the calendar, I got a bunch of unless you have at the end. Never mind, this is your hazing, Eric.
Speaker 2: I hope you're enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hi Chris Cina Current and Eric Loyal fucker here.
Speaker 2: I saw you guys at your.
Speaker 1: Recent La Valentine's Day show on Male Even Baby at the Comedy Store, and despite there being some truly unhinged audience participation at the eight pm performance, I had a great time finally seeing you guys live. I should have been at the lad show. I mean, now, what's an our fault? Thanks for everything you do and for making our Valentine's Day special. Now to my problem. I'm a thirty one year old female and my thirty two year old male partner and I have been together for five years. We connected while dating because of our similar career aspirations and desire to achieve a sustainable work life balance sounds hot, our similar spectrum of political views and sense of adventure, a few common hobbies and interests we share together, et cetera. He was the most incredible uh support one year into our relationship when my best friend of ten years took.
Speaker 2: Her life during COVID OOF.
Speaker 1: That's right at which time I was simultaneously in graduate school pursuing two master's degrees after struggling with my mental health and anxiety working in the film industry during my twenties. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him during that time. He's very supportive of my new boss bitch career path and architecture, and I feel the same about his career ambitions too. We often bouse ideas off of one another, and our collaborative synergy is great. We moved in together two years ago, and despite the typical hurdles of establishing boundaries and carving out alone time, we make a great team. I'm incredibly extroverted, and he is super supportive of me going to spend time with my friends.
Speaker 2: Before the butt.
Speaker 1: I know I have a lot of male friends, which doesn't seem to be an issue for him. Well, we figured if you're an architecture or film or any of those things, he is your work, and yeah if you're if you have a job. He is very introverted and needs space for his solo hobbies. I mean that just sounds like one long masturbation, Babe, I have too much solo hobby, which I respect and understand. We split all of the domestic responsibilities equally too, and I can absolutely see ourselves sharing a life and a family together in the future. But our senses of humor and communication styles are incredibly different. I'm a very witty and sarcastic person, and it takes a lot to offend me in general.
Speaker 2: Nice. Oh no, is this a guy who can't take jokes? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nothing, the woman's job, yeah, oh an offended blee. A lot of my friends are comics or entertainers, and although I am not one, I do enjoy the witty banter of being around funny people. Conversely, he is very sensitive and desp I said it with the such venom. I'm sorry, I don't Actually I don't mind a sensitive guy, but but sensitive to humor. I do mind, and despite having fun and lighthearted conversations with humor involved, it only takes one joke of mine too trigger him. Trigger will often be having a completely normal conversation when I'll make a sarcastic slight at something almost never a personal slight towards him, and he'll become extremely offended, shut down the conversation, and quote needs space for hours. So this is a clue. This is a clue that he's a posy ass bitch. No, that he has some issues he's gotta work on. Oh, I recognize that sometimes I do say offhanded thing yees, she could also, I think a lot of times, and this is I'm gonna say this is a women issue. A lot of times women will write us letters saying they're funny, and I can tell they're just being a huge cunt, Like I can just tell, and like it takes one to know one, right, I can tell that you're just you're a huge content making passive aggressive comments that you are disguising as humor, the same way men do it online like women are people love it too, the same way men will say terrible misogynistic things to women or sexually perverse things and go, I was just joking. Right, Women do that too, It's just in a different way. Yeah, it's just in a way when they want they want to bring something up, but they can't do it directly, so they do it passive aggressively through.
Speaker 2: Humor, And then when they had called out, they're like, not, ah, yeah, I'm just a funny girl, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I say often the things that would really offend him, in which case I'm working on being better at taking accountability for my actions. Right there, that was kind of a tell swallowing the fact that I'm not always right and apologizing to him. But sometimes I truly don't think I've done anything worth apologizing for, especially when I'm cracking jokes about the world around us or a situation having nothing to do with him.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to do with him, That's another story. Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this typically sends us into escalating fights that are extremely frustrating. For example, recently, my boyfriend was venting to me about how he had lunch with a friend who was always twenty plus minutes late and how frustrating can be to have your time wasted like that. He was speaking very diplomatically and I responded with, Oh, that's just like my friend so and so. They both live in their own little alternate realities. My boyfriend got so upset that I would make a comment like this about his friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is weird.
Speaker 1: I think he got upset maybe because you're make about you, and seemed even more upset that I would say that about my own friend. Also, that's not even barely a dig, right, why would I? Also, people, as someone who's at late a lot, people are people are obsessed with that like that it's like some deep plan that late people have And it's like literally it's like either it's like they just have too much to do usually or they're just like bad at managing time. Like it's not like it's not like a freaking prigin to waste your time. I recognized how it could be perceived as mean and apologize, but I truly don't understand why he took it so personally When I had nothing to do with him. He sulked over it for hours. Oh I hate a sulking man. Wait, this is nothing I hate more than a sulking man. My own my own friend talks about how she's aloof all the time, so why does he care so much? These types of arguments also happen when he's upset slash triggered about something that has literally nothing to do with me, i e.
Speaker 2: Work or friend issues.
Speaker 1: When I sense he's upset about something, I often get defensive after I ask him what's going on because he responds with an angry or standoffish tone, so I assume he's upset with me, and as a result, I tend to make the conversation about me or our relationship, which again escalates the situations. I know I can afford to be more perceptive in these scenarios and just give him space, but it's so hard to not get defensive when I'm trying to communicate and understand the needs of my partner and I'm met with an angry tone. Where's the part where you like that's fun to where it's fun to be around him? This seems like a large percentage of the relationship. He says he's aware of his sensitivity and short views and his inability to articulate his feelings sometimes and is working on it. It's gotten better over the course of our relationship, but it's still a pattern I want to break. If we were going to be together long term. I mean, you've already been together long term. I feel like I'm often walking on eggshells and it's not my job to regulate his emotions. I don't want to sacrifice parts of myself to appease him, but I want to make sure I'm not minimizing or constantly misinterpreting his feelings too. It's also you've been a lot together a long time to still not kind of understand what's going to make him upset. And just to avoid saying, I've done some research on HSPs highly sensitive person This is another label for I'm not going to own everything doesn't yeah exactly, everything isn't a disorder. Sometimes someone's just a sensitive little baby boy, and think he might be one, but I've never brought it up to him, and he is not interested in therapy.
Speaker 2: There's a huge red flag.
Speaker 1: Thinking he can work on it on his own. I want to look up what it actually says for I've never even heard of highly sensitive person as an actual diagnosis.
Speaker 2: I have but like.
Speaker 1: And a lot of like personality disorders, like borderline personality disorder that can often times come with this sensitivity to like the person who is borderline thinking that they're always being talked about, or that you're trying to dig at them when you're genuinely not right and they're like overly, they're hyper sensitive to looking out for something that's not there, and it's very frustrating. So like it literally on psychology today, it literally describes highly sensitive person as. There are a subset of the population who are high in a personality trait known as sensory processing sensitivity. Those with high levels of SPS display increased emotional sensitivity, stronger reactivity to both external and internal stimuli, pain, hunger, light, and noise.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is this a you like, this is insane.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I have all those things. You just kind of have to toughen up. Yeah, it says, Oh my god, it says what the fuck. HSPs are thought to be more disturbed than others by violence, tension, or feelings of being overwhelmed. They may, as a result, make concerted efforts to avoid situations in which such things are likely to occur. On the more positive end of the trait, high sensitivity it is thought to be linked higher levels of creativity, richer personal relationships, and a greater appreciation for beauty. If you react strongly to criticism, become physically and emotionally overstimulated more easily than others do, and have a rich inner life, You're on another plant. I thought was a nice way of saying that you may score highly sensory processing sensitivity. You may also feel as if you have a higher capacity for empathy and are quite sensitive to others' moods. I mean, this is just a type of person. The fact that they're actually labeling it I find to be alarming. Okay, so I think he might be a highly sensitive person, but I've never brought it up to him. Not interested in therapy, So I'm worried this will never change and I'll be stuck. I'll be stuck in an emotional communication style with this relationships you leave it. So my questions to you guys are, how can I be a better partner to him in these moments while still advocating for myself? Oh my god, this is so tiring being a relationship and my personality. And how can we actually break this pattern of miscommunication to avoid these situations as much as possible in the first place?
Speaker 2: Wow? Sorry that was so long.
Speaker 1: One to thank you for your help if he has to go to therapy or I think that's a deal breaker. This is because that is awful. Walking on eggshells around a person is awful, and doing it for that long is not.
Speaker 2: It's gonna chip away a you slowly and you're gonna hate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand how you've gotten through five years, quite frankly with when you don't understand each other's communication style. That seems like the number one thing that you would need to understand two last five years together. So if you if you won't go to therapy by himself, try ask him if I'll go to a couple's therapy with you, because I think what you really need to work on anyway is your communication with each other. Right, So that would make sense because he no doubt he's being ridiculous, but I feel like you're probably also being more of a confany There's a better way to go about this, and this is where this is where therapy comes in. It's it's going to be a huge relief to you guys, to have like an unbiased person help you both navigate this conversation and to call both of you out where you deserve to be called out. You know once they get of a sense of your dynamic. Yeah, because it seems like you you might wear the pants in this relationship, which you know, which you gotta be careful of that dynamic.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm saying these things as someone who knows with someone with masculine energy, yeah, and as somebody who has been very sensitive my whole life. And like you get like I get but hurt and I'm working. I may I get less bread hurt as I get older.
Speaker 2: You could just got to work on it.
Speaker 1: And but you have to also explore, like why does he feel pangs in his heart when you say something like, oh my god, my friend is also late, you know, when he's bringing up how late his friend is, Like you know, there, he needs to get better at communicating with you. What the fuck is going on in his mind? Because was it was he trying to tell you something he just wanted to be listened to, and he didn't want your commentary Like maybe that's what was happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's for him to get mad that you said that about your own friend doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: But also the fact that she used she used the phrase advocating for myself when it has to do it, Like when when it's about conversations that aren't even about you, I feel like you're fighting the wrong fight, right, Like I don't feel like you have to, Like I think you know, you know, cause you use words like boss, bitch and this kind of stuff. Right, So that to me is saying that, like you, you might be over correcting the way a lot of women do who kind of weren't always like strong and maybe kind of built up this strength inside them and then they were correct on the other side. And so like, if you constantly feel like you need to advocate for yourself when you're just having like pretty caught casual conversations with your boyfriend, you might be over correcting. Like you can also just kind of like no, like, these types of jokes are jokes I have to tell around my friends, not my boyfriend, Like you don't need to keep telling the kind of jokes that upset him in this quest to advocate for yourself, like unless you feel like you're truly having to change who you are and your core sense of humor around him. Like we all know the types of jokes that certain people like, and certain people don't and we can steer clear of those around certain friends or family members.
Speaker 2: Like, it's really not that difficult and let us all a therapy goes because you should go to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next subject line, I'm so comfortable that I can't come. Hi curn and Christina longtime listener of the show since twenty eighteen, including the luminary stint while we're still there, So thanks insert the obligatory level. Guys changed my life. Also, like Christina found out as an adult, I'm a donor conceived Ashkenazi Jew, so I really enjoy hearing about Christina's story on that. Anyways, I'm twenty seven years old and I'm currently in a nearly two year relationship with a guy I met on Hinge. Emotionally, things are going very well, and I think it's the healthiest relationship i've been in yet. Physically, things are pretty much really good, except one issue. In the past year, I've had a really hard time orgasming. I've always been on antidepressants since twenty seventeen, and so I don't think it can be chalked up to only that, although I'm sure it's a factor. But also when this started happening, things in my life were just going really well, so I don't think it can be related to emotional upset either. The thing is when we spend the night together and I get in bed with him, I just want to snuggle up and cuddle and get nice and warm and cozy. To the extent I even think about sex, it's honestly just anxiety about him initiating, because then I have to take off my clothes, get chilly and also get active.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't want to fuck. You know you're friends, You've turned into friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if this is what you're thinking about, oh, that's why you're.
Speaker 2: Not coming, because it's your friend.
Speaker 1: When we have sex, I prefer laying on my side or him being on top of me, just laying down, being comfortable. I also don't prefer morning sex when I'm as dry as a bone or the Sahara desert down there.
Speaker 2: I didn't use to be like this.
Speaker 1: A previous boyfriend called me a sex pot and couldn't keep up with me. I wonder if it has anything to do with aging and twenty seven that's not aging.
Speaker 2: Relax, pump the brakes anyway.
Speaker 1: I've been reading a book Christina mentioned on the podcast previously Mating in Captivity. It's a great book which posits that comfort and sexual attraction are contrary forces, and that you need to get uncomfortable to regain sexual attraction in a long term relationship. The thing is, while the book is helpful on the main point, I'm having trouble thinking of ways to actually implement this.
Speaker 2: My questions are the following. Number one, do you.
Speaker 1: Guys both agree with the book's basic premise that you have to get uncomfort to regain wanting waning sexual attraction in a long term relationship. Number two, If so, what does getting uncomfortable look like to you? What advice do you have on getting uncomfortable and regaining that sexual attraction. I'm gonna have trouble masterbaining tonight because of this list of questions about orgasming. Like you know again, like, yeah, we're talking about sex. You shouldn't be using the word implementing. That's your number one issue. You're going about this like it's some kind of a fucking study. Yeah, lick your finger and start rubbing your clip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see something. Like what are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: I would say less talking and more doing, But the doing should be kind of a minor like just like you know, like when you're at a bar next time with him, like take you know, if this feels natural to you, This is just an example I'm thrown out there. If it doesn't resonate, throw at the fuck in the trash, take his hand and put out on your pussy or something like that, like something like super random and flirty and hot in public. That's like just a blip, and then maybe that'll get you going. But also consider that you don't want to fuck him anymore. Yeah, and it happens, It happens. And if this is something like did you go off on how much you loved him?
Speaker 2: I don't not really did you go on now? Because the other girl did?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, so there's a solid foundation here that's worth working on. You. You know you like them. You said it's your most emotionally healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: That's great. Well, you're twenty seven.
Speaker 1: It's going to get even healthier as you get older, or you're Riverbeck. But you know, sometimes that happens. But I think that I think that I would I would consider pondering the fact that you are no longer attracted to him, and why what are those reasons, and you got to ask these questions to yourself and then kind of gauge from there. If you think this is something that could be revived, if this person is life changing and you love him so much.
Speaker 2: There's ways to work around that.
Speaker 1: You can go to a sex club and not necessary, you don't even have to take your clothes off. That could be very exciting. I think one thing that Esther Perell has said. She said it on her podcast once that I was like, oh god, damn, is attraction plus obstacle equals excitement. Sout find a way to put some type of obstacle in there, you know, get.
Speaker 2: Creative, watch porn, I have unual masturbation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to read this little part at the end. I assume at this point you guys will recommend some form of communication with the boyfriend. He definitely noticed I haven't been orgos. I mean he has much lately. Well that's I mean. I would hope he knows if you're not coming, and has brought it up a few times. But I told him it was a me problem, not about him, and something I needed to figure out on my own. I told him, when I figure out a solution, I'll let him know. And I think it's you both. I think it's a problem with your guys' relationship. I think it doesn't make you horny. Also, Eric, I forgot. We didn't really tell you.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: If you have an idea, you can chime in, but I we will throw to you. Since you are closer to twenty seven than either of us.
Speaker 3: I do have either the worst advice or the best advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, let it go, and that's uh, we'll let you know which one it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to I used to date a girl and she had higher testosterone levels.
Speaker 2: Did she get them checked the normal?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, okay, check she had Yeah, he didn't need to check and he just needed to look at a face. No.
Speaker 3: No, but she had higher testosterone level. So that made her like crap, she's so horny all the time. And so maybe the advice is cold showers.
Speaker 2: Uh does that increase your testostery?
Speaker 3: Cold showers?
Speaker 2: This little girl doesn't like to get chili. Oh that's true. She hates being cold, she.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it helps you be more comfortable being chilly. Yeah, it helps your nervous system. It helps you, It helps your nervous system.
Speaker 3: Fucking relax and the cardiovascular system that opens up makes it easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think like if you want this relationship to work out again, like not you want to Yeah, sometimes this is what people don't understand. Like so in this age of like being like I don't want to say overly sensitive, but like being really in touch with our bodies and stuff, sometimes the same way is you have to like have a conversation you don't want to have in a relationship. Sometimes you have to like kind of push yourself over a hump sexually to get horny again. Like yeah, it's weird because sometimes it does feel like you're molesting your and that's when you know it's time to go. But like sometimes you just get in this like comfy phase where you do want to cuddle and you're over eating at night and then you don't feel morney that kind of stuff you need to work to get past that.
Speaker 2: That is part of the relationship.
Speaker 1: You like this because there's a lot of letters that we get that are from girls who are like I just kind of want to cuddle on a hangout, Like I gotta that's like not acceptable in a relationship and it's not gonna fly, Like no one should ever be forcing you to do something sexually that you don't want to do. But being sexual is part of being in a romantic relationship, and so it is pretty much required. Unless you guys have a conversation together that that's not you're not gonna seek that anymore in your relationship in general, you're both kinna be kind of gonna go asexual, which I've heard of before, or you're gonna you can seek sexuality elsewhere. Yeah, So unless that is discussed, please film again. Unless it's communicated otherwise that it's pretty much required to stay sexually active to be in a relationship your partner. Yeah, And it's part of it that I've said this on the show so many times, But I was in a seven year relationship that I enjoyed the whole time, And one of the main reasons was because our sex life was fantastic the whole time. There's ebbs and flows and stuff, but we never we don't think we ever gotten no rut, and if we did, it was because I was like, get off me. But it didn't last for very long. I was dming. This woman DMed me because she heard our bonus episode or another homeporate woman on an issue kind of similar to this, because she was commenting, I talked about the last Luminary Bonus episode about an issue that I'm having in my relationship with regards to like uneven sex drives, and this woman was like, I really appreciate you talking about that. I feel the same way. Her and a boyfriend had gone to a sex therapist.
Speaker 2: They they or her husband.
Speaker 1: Maybe they ended up opening up the relationship because it turned out her partner, her male partner, was like, I'm just not really that sexually active, Like I don't want to fuck many people, but you can fuck whoever you want.
Speaker 2: And it worked for both of them.
Speaker 1: But one of their therapists said, uh, our therapist said to us, either someone eats when they're full or someone feels hungry all the time.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh ooh.
Speaker 1: That resonated. That resonated with me, and it's like, what's it going to be eating while foam? Meaning just fuck each other, Just do it. It's not the worst thing, you know, unless you unless again, you feel like you're molesting yourself, unless you feel like you're raping yourself with your partner's body. No one deserves to be part of that not you and not your partner, because.
Speaker 2: That is not a fun thing to be on the receiving end of. So, but you know, we all know sometimes when you get it in you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, right sex, I love it, and then you keep you and then then you don't stop, you know, you get on a little wave of fucking right. For me, it does concern me though, that even when you guys are ending up fucking that you're not coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even kind.
Speaker 1: Of when you you know, eat when you're full, as Christina said, you should still be coming, and the coming is very it's like ninety nine percent of the time mental, I would say. So there's a disconnect somewhere and you got to fix that.
Speaker 2: Oh there's pictures.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean to me, it just feels friendly. And he looks like a guy that would you would easily go into friend mode with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that smile, he's too, he's gentle. Yeah, he's a gentle energy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a friend of mine who was had a similar thing with the girl's saying, and they went to Amsterdam and went to a sex club. They didn't like. They didn't switch it up with each of the they whiskey and yeah they just fucked in a sex club and now it's.
Speaker 1: Been good, so yeah, just buy it and it gets Amsterdam to go to the red light districts. Yeah, take a cold shower in your hotel room and then get on.
Speaker 2: Over that sex club, baby girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think sometimes, especially in your late twenty is like when you go into front moll with someone, there's this fear like I don't want to lose this person because I've never experience to friendship, especially with someone of the opposite sex if your heterosexual, on this kind of an intimate level. But you need to learn to decipher the difference between someone who is a close intimate friend, because we think there's friend and relationship when in reality, there's this gray area in between. And I have this with a lot of my gay friends where there isn't we are more intimate than me and my gal pals, you know, you know, there's like a sexual like vibe there, but I don't want to be their girlfriend. And that is a space that you have to learn how to recognize. And that space is not enough for to sustain a relationship and lot so people will get hurt in that space word. This next sub subject line says, what do you do when you hate his family?
Speaker 2: You don't talk to him?
Speaker 1: Dear Curna, Christina a huge fan of the podcast and always appreciate the unfiltered advice you give to all your listeners. The issue I write to you about today has been an ongoing annoyance in my long term relationship, which is that my boyfriend's family is god awful just happening on Gilmore Girls. In the beginning, I really tried to get to know them, making an effort to ask his mom to get lunch the.
Speaker 2: Therapy's your mistake? What you don't got to do that?
Speaker 5: Girl?
Speaker 2: There was your mistake, girl right there?
Speaker 1: Too much, too thirsty, inviting his sister in law to get drinks to celebrate finishing her finals, relax families, and spending copious dinners with them. As it's been made apparent how important it is to my boyfriends, oh okay, oh god on attach. It doesn't seem important enough to him though for him to try to help facilitate any connection between me and his family. There you go to break up, hanging out with them, break up and will often leave me alone with the women and his family while he dicks off with the men.
Speaker 2: All Right, this guy sucks.
Speaker 1: I've gotten to the point that I'm really just tired of putting any effort in as his brother, sister in law, and mom can be genuinely exhausting, constantly interrupting everyone else to talk about the latest gossip on people none of us know, making any little thing into a competition, and never asking anyone else about their lives. I truly love when no one asked me about my life. It's my favorite thing. Openly mock my relationship to my boyfriend and say backhanded comments to me that make me feel like shit, like what, who cares what they think? All for my boyfriend to claim he didn't hear it when I bring it up afterward. Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Girl, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You think this guy's whole family sucks and he's great, that's very rare. First off, his mom has a lot of opinions about me that I wish she would just confront me about.
Speaker 2: How old are they that are spending this much time with a family. I hope you're seventeen. Yeah, if you're not seventeen, this is fuck so weird.
Speaker 1: First off, his mom has a lot of opinions about me that I wish she would just confront me about. I'll frequently catch her looking me up and down, to which she will say something like, Oh, I've never seen you wear that. Shut the fuck up, what does that even mean? You know what I would have said back, eh, middle finger. She makes the same huge deal about my tattoos every time they come out, and it's constantly fucking with my hair.
Speaker 2: Ew huh she touches your hair? This is weird. No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I live in an artsy kind of alternative city, so I don't personally think my style is too crazy.
Speaker 2: It's not. It literally doesn't matter what your style is.
Speaker 1: I like to express myself with my clothes, makeup, et cetera, while maintaining an overall professional facade. As I work in the medicals, you're defending yourself when nothing needs defending. Sometimes she'll ask me something about my life, just to immediately interrupt before I can even get the sentence out, often projecting across the room to have a full conversation in her native language with her mom or whoever is there to listen, and I'm left wondering why she even asked the question if she didn't intend on listening to the answer.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she's one of those no woman is good enough for my son moms.
Speaker 1: There's also there also might be like a cultural thing where she like, if this chick's white, she doesn't want her son with a white chick. Most of what she does is somewhat typical old person behavior, but it's just really just a cherry on top. All old people aren't rude, just you now, Yeah, some people are, and she's probably like fifty five. She's probably not even a old but again, I hope this writer is seventeen. Yeah, but it's really just the cherry on top of the other dynamic. I have to deal with his sister in law. Who even cares about someone's sister in law that's not even family. What his sister in law does a lot of the classic caddy bullshit. She walks or stands in front of me to close me off from the group. I would laugh so hard if that I'd be like, what the fuck it makes?
Speaker 2: Passing comments about my race?
Speaker 1: Okay? She ill to her husband when she knows I'm the only one in earshot, I'm confused who is everyone's different races, but like, who is Who's race one? Yeah, she interacts with me briefly, only to try to shove alcohol down my throat before turning to her long winded transphobic story about a client at her botox clinic while consistently misgendering them.
Speaker 2: I'm openly queer on my.
Speaker 1: Social media, so I can tell she's deliberately trying to pick fights with me. But I grew up with all brothers and always respond the same way by being as neutral as possible, and my response are pretending I don't hear her.
Speaker 2: That's a good tactic, Honestly.
Speaker 1: This tactic has worked for me in the past with Caddy women, and generally works with her as the night progresses. But I always have to restart with each get together and wait for her to tire herself out and lea Me'll never hang out with his family again. It sounds like you hang out with this family a lot. Yeah, she's all you there all the time, weird, She's always I mean. But the bottom line here is he is doing no work to facilitate the relationship between you two so that he doesn't love you and I and also yeah, and how dare you fucking tell me it's really important for me to bond with your family and then you're not there to manage it in any way.
Speaker 2: And there's no way he doesn't know his family sucks. There's no way he doesn't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, he might, he might not, but I think that also could be because he sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's always asking me what my boyfriend bought me for my birthday, Christmas, et cetera, only to chime in immediately by showing me a screenshot of the new Gucci purse she got, just because, making sure to let me know how expensive it was.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, what is a saltburn? I know?
Speaker 1: His brother, though, is probably the most obnoxious of them all. He's a public defender in our city and loves to tell detailed stories about his cases, most of which you involve not if you can't, if you know, if you don't say like who it is, most of which involved him having to defend a client who brutally murdered an animal or is facing rape charges. He tells these stories while maniacally laughing that some bitch broke up with him, so he broke into her apartment while she was at work and killed her dog.
Speaker 3: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: Too bad he didn't realize her ring camera was going to catch the whole thing. Okay, He's constantly belittling my boyfriend, calling me the man of the house and him the bitch in the relationship, and making his family sucks wild claims about how I'm controlling just because I'm not a cheerleader housewife type like his spouse. If he knew anything at all about our relationship, I could be open to his criticism, but I can't make a comment about anything without him coming at me ready to start an argument. One time, in particular, I can't believe your soul in the relations I wouldn't have even gotten through the paragraph he wan and still been in the relationship.
Speaker 2: Did you that's crazy?
Speaker 1: One time, in particular, he worked himself into a screaming match with himself after he tried to incorrectly man explain something to me related to the field I work, into which I finally responded, wouldn't I know? Though, It's easy to tell that all he wants is for women not to talk or have opinions, so I've resorted to just distracting myself with random thoughts and staring into space while he's droning on, waiting patiently for it to be.
Speaker 2: Time to go home. Pull you through this.
Speaker 1: All of this being said, what really drives me crazy is that my boyfriend just sits there as I'm fighting for my life with these people. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's fucking yeah, that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: He is so deep in his illusions about his family that he still asessed me to show up for hangouts again and again when it's super clear that it wouldn't make a difference if I was there or not. I've even made the joke that he could get a cardboard cut out of me to bring to dinner instead, and my cardboard self would get the same level of interaction as the real me.
Speaker 2: He does. It's just really just a waste of my time at this point. Yes, correct. He always insists that his.
Speaker 1: Mom didn't mean that comment like that, and that you just haven't spent enough time with them.
Speaker 2: But it hasn't gotten better.
Speaker 1: He's always like, yeah, it was weird that my brother yelled at you like that instead of sticking up for me in the moment. It's getting to the point. Yeah, it's not getting to the point. It's past the point. Yeah, it's getting to the point that I'm not even sure if staying in this relationship is worth this treaty.
Speaker 2: It's not. Yeah, I mean this, and I mean yeah, you already determined you needed to break up with them before he told you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I don't even know how hot this guy would need to be for this. His cock would have to be so huge and he'd have to be trying to put it in me all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me to a little bit tolerate this.
Speaker 1: But since my boyfriend's mom just started implementing a monthly dinner, this literally is Gilmore girls with us, I felt the need to reach out for some straightforward advice on this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Leave, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else I can do other than completely shutting down in these environments?
Speaker 2: Is it okay? Yeah? This is ridiculous, dude?
Speaker 1: Is it okay for me to decide not to hang out with his family anymore? If my boyfriend refuses to do anything to help, you should refuse to hang I don't understand why I want to be with this sky. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want a man to defends your honor? Hey?
Speaker 1: Doing that?
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous. He's too much, He's he's still stuck in his mom's teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll he'll get through it eventually in his life, I hope, hopefully. I don't know that he will know she's twenty eight and he's thirty. Oh wait, no, my boyfriend is twenty five. Okay, he's twenty five. Okay, you should definitely still break up with them. But he'll learn on his own and it'll be a crushing and he'll do whatever he wants with it.
Speaker 2: But that's his own journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there any way to help him not be a pussy dump them? I've spoken about this many times with my boyfriend, to which he always apologizes profusely for his family, but nothing changes about how he responds when we're in the moment. I'm curious about each of your experiences with your partner's family, and I don't hang out with.
Speaker 2: My partner's families.
Speaker 1: You guys are just like you guys are living this life that you've seen in movies and on TV that you don't need to live. I don't like hang out with people's families, and so I don't hang out with people's families.
Speaker 2: It's really quite simple.
Speaker 1: And I also don't make them hang out with mine and if they're not okay with that, that's not the person for me. Like it's just not they don't really have a family, so Jerry's out.
Speaker 2: But I was this guy, I was.
Speaker 1: Your boyfriend for a while for sure, and I would get like a pissed off and offended, like Steven used to say stuff about my mom a lot, and then I realized he was right eventually throughout the relationship because we were together for a while, and then one year at Smith's.
Speaker 2: The only thing me and Steven agreed on it I'm actually quite frankly.
Speaker 1: One year at Christmas, we had this annual Christmas tournament that we had every year at my house in my basementhere we would like compete for Christmas presents.
Speaker 2: It was really fun. But in the middle of it and Steven's family, who I oh, angels and saints. Thank God. That was very helpful for me.
Speaker 1: But they came over and we were all there and and my ex boyfriend called my mama bitch and it was just a record scratch and I was like, oh, oh, that's not good.
Speaker 2: But I was like, oh, it's kind of right. Oh what do I do?
Speaker 1: And then they had a fight in front of me, and honestly it was pretty cool. But he did defend my honor and it honestly made me be with him for another year and a half. Right, But that's interesting because that's defending your honor though, So that that's easier for him to call your mama bitch than to call his own mama bitch, right, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: Definitely, yes, I mean now I can yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so I think that's like men have a lot of trouble with their relationship with their own mothers.
Speaker 2: It's really weird. Do you have a weird relationship with your mom?
Speaker 3: No? I love my mama.
Speaker 1: Okay, but even though you said that was fucking discussed, you're still stuck in her booby.
Speaker 2: You love what mama?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just said it like that, did Troy you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It worked.
Speaker 3: No, I have a good relationship. We talk like once a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's health. That seems healthy. That's all I know about you, guys.
Speaker 1: But so she wait, she says, I'm curious about each of your experiences with your partner's families and if you've ever been in situations like this where you fell completely alone and trying to navigate someone else's family and how long it took you to give up if it matters for contacts, I'm a twenty eight year old female. My boyfriend is twenty five, his brother is thirty one, his sister in law is thirty, and his mom is in her sixties. Your boyfriend's two immature, like I think twenty and twenty five. You're willing to see the age gap there. You got to wait until like, yeah, this is just not working. Yeah, this isn't working. Give up, go up, Yeah, I'm sorry, give up. We'll move on like this a little baby. Give up on him and stick with yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Or what might make you feel better is go go to that family dinner and just troll and get into the argument.
Speaker 6: Because that might that might make you feel it might make you feel beout its to how have you not lost your lady boner for your boyfriend's inability to stick up for you or to like fucking tell his brother to shut the fuck up like that?
Speaker 1: To me?
Speaker 2: Uh uh no, no, no, that is not Oh that's such a pussy behavior.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to call his own mother a bitch, but he just has to like chime in and go, hey, why are you treating.
Speaker 2: Her like that.
Speaker 1: It's so simple and it shows so much respect towards you. If he expects you to hang out with his family and he's not doing that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Break up, break up, break up, break up, break up. He's like still part of his worth it.
Speaker 1: He is still part of his original family and he's not ready to build a family with someone new.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's a difference. That's a difference between a boy and a man. Like a boy chooses his mother first, a man has to choose his wife first.
Speaker 2: There's no way around it.
Speaker 1: I would never ever go with someone who is choosing his mom over me. And I know that a lot I know, and I know that's like a big argument that a lot of people have, and some people are comfortable with choosing their their mom first. I would even take like being on the same level as mom. I would take that, but not not being a second choice, because then there's no point in me marrying you. Yeah, to no point, it's fine.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yea being a man is creating your own family and then prioritizing that being an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, next subject line.
Speaker 1: My partner is overweight and it's affecting our sex life. Hi Current and Christina. I'm a huge fan. I need a good, honest roasting. I'm twenty eight year old female. My partner is a thirty year old male. I've been been with my partner for almost three years, and when I met him, he had a bit of a beer belly, and over the course of our relationship.
Speaker 2: He has gotten bigger.
Speaker 1: To give you an idea, he's five ten, weighing around two hundred to two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Pounds, way too much. I was like, I don't know how much guy's weigh I don't even know.
Speaker 1: My dad was six foot six and didn't even weigh two hundred pounds. I mean he was thin, but not like skinny, like super you know. He was like, you know, at times, like a buck ninety at six six Eric.
Speaker 2: Can we ask how much you weigh? I'm go, oh, okay, there you go, got it. Yeah, it's boy weight. I can't it's hard.
Speaker 1: Before we even got together, he mentioned that he wanted to lose weight. So I entered into the relationship expecting him to fulfill this promise to himself because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Have any reason not to.
Speaker 1: I thought he was great, cute and I figured I could be a little patient and wait for him to get in shape. Not only has that not happened, which is disappointing, but worse, my libido has checked out of the building as a result. Also too, like when someone just isn't working on themselves, Like they don't have to be fucking stick thin and they don't have to be jacked, but like when they're not healthy, it is such a turn off. Ugh, you could be physically attractive and not take care of yourself, and I think that's so disgusting. I very recently took a job and we have agreed to do long distance and have been for about three months so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're slowly breaking up with them? Yep. Yes.
Speaker 1: Up until then, we were having sex maybe once a month when we were When we were living together, I just stopped wanting to have sex. But now that we are apart, my libido is perking back up again because you're not around him, and I'm masturbating a lot. Yeah, because he's not there again he is mentioning that he wants to work out. There is not the mouth to work out. There is no try, there is no try, there's only do. Okay, you either do it, or you shut the fuck up about it.
Speaker 2: We live in twenty twenty four. If you want to work out, you literally that moment.
Speaker 1: Go to YouTube dot com and pull up any of the thousands of work.
Speaker 2: Up videos that are for free or on TikTok or on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I saw all these booty chicks on Instagram that give you booty workouts where you need no equipment, you barely even need a mat and they fucking burn your ass. There are so funny. Yeah, Or go for a fucking walk around the plot.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even have to be all right.
Speaker 1: Up until then, we were just having sex maybe once a month when we were living together.
Speaker 2: Stopped wanting to have sex. Now I'm masturbating again.
Speaker 1: Uh. He is mentioning that he wants to work out, and he has started to a little. But I don't want to wind up in the same position as before, especially now that I'm starting to rethink how important sex is to me. My libido has returned and I want to be sexually attracted to my partner. The only thing worse than a boyfriend not working out is a boyfriend who works out a little.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Krin's completely correct in.
Speaker 1: My head, you had like two pound weight that you use like during soul cycle that's on the back of your bike.
Speaker 2: And he's going like this, I'll work at today it. I mean, look brick by brick baby, but come on, come on.
Speaker 1: And also what is his diet like, because if he's eating shit food, he's not going to have the motivation to work out. So he needs to start there and then I'll actually have some more energy to like lift a five pounder, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's depressed.
Speaker 1: Also, if you're if you started dating him and head a beer belly that was actually from beer, not just like you're not just using that like colloquially, like, yeah, he might be a depressed alcohol Like good chance that there's a lot more depressed alcoholics. And I think we're you know, we're calling everyone narcissists and we're calling out things.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Looking at the core issue that a lot of men are overweight alcoholics that are depressed, okay, and it makes them not want to fuck, It makes him not want to work out, makes them not.
Speaker 2: Want to be there for you. Yeah, and you don't have to be there for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we've been together for three years and he's the best partner I've ever had. Oh maybe I've never had a good partner before. All right, I'm so tired of this. This is the best, this is their healthiest. Well and then you tell us this laundry list of things that are the problem and the best relationship I ever had. There just wasn't that this many issues?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, uh well the only issue that she's saying, I get, well, these two she's he's she and he doesn't want to She doesn't want to fuck him. That's a big She doesn't want to fuck him.
Speaker 1: And he's saying he's gonna work out and he never does that. That that to me, I can't trust you for a future. I don't know if you want kids or not, or like if it's a maybe or whatever.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? That person's not gonna be a good dad.
Speaker 1: But also people tell you who they are. Right, So you met him, he already had the beer belly. What'd you think he was gonna all of a sudden get chiseled, Like, like, when you need someone, you should factor in your head if they got thirty percent worse looking, would I still be attracted to them? What you need to walk into it with because the fact because most people.
Speaker 2: Get less attractive in a relationship.
Speaker 1: It is extremely rare that they get better looking, and if they do, they're probably preparing cheating it on you.
Speaker 2: That's what that's for. That's why we get swollen get out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've been at the last relationship I was in was with somebody who was like, always wanted to work out and never did. And I'm like, I swear to fucking God, if you tell me you want to work out one more time, I'm going to punch you in the face.
Speaker 2: I saw him go to yoga like once or twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh, I'm like.
Speaker 2: You don't drink do something anyway.
Speaker 1: But then but then my partner now, like one of the many things I love about him is like I don't have to tell him shit, like he knows. He's like, I mean, way too many cookies late at night, and he's like, and then I'll like, fucking go hard, balls to the walls, work it every day.
Speaker 2: Go for like I'm like, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I am not involved in his wanting to make himself better in any way.
Speaker 2: And it's such a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 1: So I will say as somebody who's enjoying that in a partner right now.
Speaker 2: It could be you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is nice in the mirror and goes, wow, I look like shit, maybe I should fix this so he's.
Speaker 2: The best way. Yeah, it's nice, it's so nice.
Speaker 1: Don't many times? Yeah I looked in the mirror and go, well, yeah, you ain't looking good. Let's do something about this. We got we gotta turn right round back into the backs of the gym. We've been together for three years, best partner I've ever had. I'm not ready to walk away yet, so I really need some guidance on him. He's not ready to walk. Yeah, I'm all right. He's not ready to run, he's not ready to lift. He ain't ready to even go on a bicycle.
Speaker 2: Walking the operative word. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you can trick him into working out by going for a bike cry, But I'm like, no, this shouldn't be on you. I've never mentioned how his weight okay, I've never mentioned how his weight and lack of action doing anything about it is affecting our sex life because I don't want to hurt his feelings. Oh god, he is genuinely a good man and I don't want to hurt him.
Speaker 2: What you allow is what will continue.
Speaker 1: In quo, that's a quote that she she wrote, So how do I course correct? Now? You have to have a conversation with him. You have to have to have to. How else would he know that this is what you're thinking. He deserves to know what you're thinking, and you deserve to have your partner know what you're thinking. He's not gonna guess it. Odds are he doesn't feel great about himself. Maybe it Churt's right, maybe he is depressed. But you have to broach this conversation. Depressed or not, you can still go about it in a respectful way and say, look, we've been together for three years, and I have to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: My attraction to you is waning.
Speaker 1: Because I hear all this talk about you wanting to get in shape and take care of yourself, but you don't get in shape and take care of yourself, and that is such a pussy dryer. I gotta be honest. And one thing that I know would fix it is if you actually follow through with all the promises of taking care of yourself. Because if you don't follow through with that and you keep making empty promises. This relationship is going nowhere and I'm gonna have to break up with you, but I want it. I love you so much that I would love to have a discussion to see if there's something that you know we can we can do. Yes, See, you can talk about you can talk about someone's weight from the perspective of health.
Speaker 2: Because just don't just yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to have to be like I'm not unattracted to you that kind of thing. You can be like the reason you can be like I don't I am my attraction for you is like waning because of like your lack of motivation for helping yourself, like it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 2: My attraction for you is waning because you are fat.
Speaker 1: You see, those are two very different different sentences, and like the way Christina just worded it was like you're still getting it the point across without actually saying like your esthetic appalls me, which is what you feel in your heart. You know, there are ways to express things in a less hurtful manner while still getting your point across, you know, Because it's also like there's so much walking on eggshells that we do as women because we're so afraid of hurting everyone else while people literally murder us.
Speaker 2: So maybe we should get over it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can hurt someone's feelings, you know, because they're going to shoot you up in your yoga class. My husband's best friend started started dating his dead best friend's widow.
Speaker 2: That happens a lot. That happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, High Current and Christina a long time they're dead with who the fucking matters? They're probably honestly, and they're probably's probably happy for their boog getting some dick doesn't matter. Yeah, Ever, hig Current and Christina longtime fucker and luminary subscriber. I love to hear your thoughts about the situation my husband and I are currently in.
Speaker 2: I hope it makes sense. Yeah, that's every letter we get. Your husband is not in it either. I injected myself into a situation that I'm actually not in. Maybe help me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this email, I lookt outside yourself. Now you're bored in your relationship. My husband, John in quotes, had been friends with this guy, Ben in quotes for almost ten years. They considered each other to be best friends and also co workers. Ben has clinical depression. Welcome to the club. Ben.
Speaker 2: Uh, I mean I'm not in it, but a lot of men are. Yeah, that was the other men and other emails.
Speaker 1: Is extremely pessimistic and can be charming, fun and hilarious on a good day.
Speaker 2: Oh fun.
Speaker 1: John has a lot of hobbies that bring him joy and is an optimistic person. He says the good in people and really gives everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: John's a sucker.
Speaker 1: The last few years of John's friendship with Ben were pretty rough for John because Ben always has a cloud of negativity over him. He has low self esteem and self worth. Nothing makes him happy, not his dog, not all, not the house he bought, or his six figure salary.
Speaker 2: I cant understand the house and the and the salary. The dog, Yeah, how does it?
Speaker 1: Because you have to look within for happiness, you can't source it outside yourself.
Speaker 2: But that dog should bring something out. Yeah. If a dog might, it doesn't make you happy, it might be the end. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's actually when I became really concerned about my mental health after my dad died, When like, sometimes even my dog wasn't like doing it for me.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is this is a problem.
Speaker 1: He complains about everything and is a total energy vampire, and that bad energy was starting to affect John, and he slowly began to distance himself. Ben eventually moved away last year to Seattle. John noticed his day to day noticed his day to day life improve. The best way I could describe their tenure friendship in a nutshell is John is Ben's hype man and cheerleader. He was always so accommodating to Ben's emotional needs and Ben could never reciprocate.
Speaker 2: All right, a lot of what you saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also it's just like I like how we're making out, Like John is this little perfect angel boy, and Ben's like, you know your But also it's like it was John who chose to stay in the relationship that long.
Speaker 2: He could have left at literally anytime. Yeah.
Speaker 1: John lived in a different country, Finland, for his entire high school years, which is where he met his best friend Hank. All Right, Even after John moved away for college across the world to California from Hank, they maintained their friendship and visited each other when they could. Hank married and when his wife Bethany was eight months pregnant with their baby, they got the devastating news that he had a brain tumor glio blastoma. Before he was scheduled for surgery, Bank asked John and I if we could be the god parents to his baby.
Speaker 2: We accepted.
Speaker 1: The next three years were a fucking rollercoaster of emotions for all of us. Hank went on to get ninety percent of his tumor removed and everything was looking great. When Hank finished his first round of chemo and radiation, John and I booked a trip to go see him and meet our god baby for the first time in person. Ben invited himself tagged along on the trip.
Speaker 2: Sidebar.
Speaker 1: We are both people pleasers and didn't have the heart to tell Ben during his depression that we didn't want him to come. We learned a hard lesson of boundaries that year.
Speaker 2: Yo, Ben, Bo, you're too sad, You're gonna ruin the mood. Please don't come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you could have just said you could have just been like this is like we're using this also as like a romantification for each other because we're married, right, we're together whatever. This is the first time that he and Bethany met. Ben was annoying this entire trip, and I vented to Bethany about my regret for not speaking up and telling him myself that I didn't want him to come. But Bethany also had a moment where she vented to me about Ben because of the awful things he was saying about saying moms on tinder.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: This is where she let me know that although ninety percent of Hank's tumor was removed, the doctor said that it will come back, and when it does, there was no get getting rid of it. Ye Bethany and Ben, Oh my god, they they're hooking up, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: They estimated that he had ten more years to live. I mean that's a long time. Yeah, So, I mean that's that's enough time for the love to fizzle out.
Speaker 2: True, you know, ten years.
Speaker 1: I'm even gonna well fuck you by the end of the that what's going to take you first, the tumor or my annoyance with you. So it was weighing on her that she would eventually be a single mom. I mean in years, put in the car before the horse. But obviously he died sooner.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Shit, that's terrible. Fast forward.
Speaker 1: The tumor came back a year later, and in November of twenty twenty three, Hank passed I mean that was a really bad estimate by the medical community. Yeah, passed away after being in hospice care for three months.
Speaker 2: They were really off the estimation. That was really off. Yeah, John and I attended his funeral.
Speaker 1: After the service, we hung out with Bethany at the bar at a bar for a long long time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Girl, get that drink in you yo.
Speaker 1: Towards the end of the night, Bethany casually brings up Ben and says that he's been an unexpectedly good supportive friend to her while Hank had been in hospice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's where you know, sad people kind of thrive. Once we were alone, John told me that he felt sick when he heard Ben was being an emotional support to her, because, in John's words, Ben has had a pattern of of finding.
Speaker 2: Vulnerable women and swooping them off their feet.
Speaker 1: Oh now, Ben could be happy when he finds a sad lady who needs some dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean this is like a common pattern. It's been his pattern ever since I've known him, and it always plays out the same way. They're either in or fresh out of a relationship, and he texts them every day because they're emotional support and sleeps with them, starts a relationship. John also let me know that he had not heard from Ben in a month. It's unlike Ben to ghost John because he is one of two friends that this guy has.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I thought he was dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, John Hank Hank's dad, right, anyway, John took Hank's death extremely hard.
Speaker 2: Ben knew how much Hank meant to. John's got to be weird for John.
Speaker 1: And when John needed Ben's support most oh no jo to find show up and be.
Speaker 2: A good friend. Ben was Bethany's pussy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ben wasn't there.
Speaker 1: He was too busy, for lack of a better words, grooming Hank's wife.
Speaker 2: Grooming. Yeah, I wouldn't say grooming in this situation. Yeah, I mean, it's just taking advantage of a vulnerable woman, beth Grooming Bethany might be the move for some dick right now, you know.
Speaker 1: So it people listen like, I've never fucked anyone more repulsive than when I was grieving my dad. So it's just just absolute disgusting human beings.
Speaker 2: It just happens.
Speaker 1: And you know what after after like the smoke cleared of the grief, I was like you know what.
Speaker 2: Good on you. Good good on the guy getting in.
Speaker 1: There, for the for the couple of discussing people that I like, You know what, good on you for taking advantage, for taking advantage of a situation, because you haven't taken advantage of of you know, how you look, or your personality to.
Speaker 2: Me, or your body or abilities correct.
Speaker 1: Or your act for that matter, several of them real really bad at comedy.
Speaker 2: To try to make.
Speaker 1: To try to make a longer story short, Ben booked a trip to Lapland and invited Bethany. Bethany texted me to let me know that she was going on this trip as Ben's plan B, because he had initially invited two of John's other finish friends and they declined, Ben's got to.
Speaker 2: Really clean it up. It's Ben.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, wait wait wait uh okay, by the way, can't tell John.
Speaker 1: About this trip until after Bethany told me. Feeling guilty, I wished her let going on this trip with this insufferable person and told her to let me know how the trip goes. They came back from this trip and neither John nor I had heard from them sus a week after the trip their trip, I reached out to Bethany to get an update, and she wanted to schedule a FaceTime.
Speaker 2: That's never good.
Speaker 1: That same night that I scheduled the time to chat with Bethany, Ben called John. Ben told John, well, our friendship blossomed into a romance. Fucking gross, and you're still too invested. John told Ben that he had crossed an ethical line because he began talking to her while Hank was in hospice. John's just in pain. Yeah, I mean, you know, seems like making a making a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ben's strategic.
Speaker 1: He seems more like carpe dim you know. He also told them that.
Speaker 2: Your wife, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He also told him that he was repeating his pattern of finding vulnerable women.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna want to He's not gonna listen to that.
Speaker 1: It's also kind of just like he can let him do that because Ben, maybe maybe Ben needs to learn and knock that ship off, and maybe Bethany needs to learn to not take that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's on their own lesson. Yeah, and he was.
Speaker 1: He told him he was repeating his pattern of fighting vulnerable women, and he he was hoping he wasn't doing that to Bethany out of respect for Hank and his very recent death. These letters are so long, the timing is slimy, and also there were so many other single women in the world. Maybe don't hook up with the dead best friend's w Your spend is going to hook up with the dead best friend's rife.
Speaker 2: That's his mo o.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's not going to stop until something happens. But that's not on you or or boo John to do. But you know what you can do, stop talking to him.
Speaker 2: The only thing.
Speaker 1: Weirder than like one person really invested in another person's relationship is when a couple gets really invested. And I've had I've had couples really invested in like my it's very fucking weird.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. It's very weird.
Speaker 1: He was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but everything that this that his gut was telling him might be happening happened. Ben later sent John an email trying to redeem himself, and John responded by ending their friendship. Good Well, it seems like that should have happened a long time ago. When I talked to Bethany the next day, I found out that this Lapland trip that was to happen in January, was booked in October.
Speaker 2: Her Hank died in November. Well again, it's there their strategy. This none of this surprises me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bethany told me that she genuinely thinks that Ben hooking up with her was not his intentions, but that she really likes him now. We had a long talk where I did share with her my concerns about Ben that I thought she should be aware of because it's not just her life that this man is going to affect, it's the babies as well. While you are overt stebbing her boundaries wildly. H he hates kids, and she will find out that it's her kid. It's the reason why his last relationship of four years ended. I ended that conversation telling her that I will not be talking about Ben to her anymore since I don't have anything nice to say.
Speaker 2: Good, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: She just wanted to make sure that John and I will still be her friend and be there for the baby as her godparents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should do that.
Speaker 1: And I let her know that we were not upset with her and we wanted to maintain our friendship with her. I also told her that if in her heart she feels that this is the right thing for her, then she needs to ride the wave because at the end of the day, she's a grown woman and she knows what's best for her.
Speaker 2: If someone called me and told me.
Speaker 1: That I needed to live my life the way I needed to live it, because I'm a grown woman, I would knock them out. The baby had her third birthday a week after this conversation, John and I sent a card. Wow, you're amazing. Almost two weeks go by and I haven't heard from her. She's a Okay, you don't You don't have to call someone when they send your baby a birthday card.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys are really you guys are really fucking annoying. Yeah, I think that's the theme of all this. Yeah almost, I think. Yeah, the dump them and get a hobby. Yeah. Almost two weeks go by and I haven't heard from her.
Speaker 1: So I texted her to ask how the baby's birthday went, asked how they were doing, and asked if the card made it. That is obnoxious, says some shit, My mom, that's Obnoco.
Speaker 2: Saying, oh that's obnoxious. You know what, No, I didn't. You don't need to call to respond to a card.
Speaker 1: It's a card is a one way she said, oh yes, and I mean I up in a house where we had very strict rules, like my parents had very strict rules about like sending fake you know and and yes matter type shit like that, So I am not you are taking this to another level. She said, Oh, yes, we got it. I forgot to say thank you.
Speaker 2: You don't need yeah, yeah, she doesn't need to think you.
Speaker 1: We texted back and forth a little until she stopped writing back, I won't lie. That rubbed me the wrong way. Everything rubs you the wrong way. You rubbed me the wrong way. We normally would have gotten a picture of the baby with her cake or something. Well, shit changes. Oh my god, I get that this baby is your your god kid. I assume what that where they're coming from the kids.
Speaker 2: We have to fake a fake thing. We have to do we have to go do the live soon.
Speaker 1: But I assume, uh, I assume that this is coming from like a like being.
Speaker 4: Hurt that like like you're not over the death of Hank and it's too soon for you guys, But that's okay, like they're doing they can do that, like they can do they can do whatever they want and it's okay.
Speaker 2: The fact that it bothers you is that's you should work on that.
Speaker 1: You should really interrogate why this bothers you, what the real reasons are, because guess what, you cannot control anybody else's behavior, and if your happiness depends and if your day going well depends on somebody else's behavior being a certain way, you're doing life wrong. I promise you you're doing life wrong. Were we all are guilty of doing this, but you really need to visit that this iseah oh wait, oh oh this picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I can do this in two minutes.
Speaker 1: I can't help but feel hurt since she seems to be icing us out because of this guy.
Speaker 2: No, she says, you're annoying, yeah.
Speaker 1: When she expressed so much concerned about losing us after Hank passed away. I am also still helping John through his grief and seeing him heard about Ben tainting our relationship with Hank's little family that left, and also death brings out really the kind of a lot. The worse in people breaks my heart makes me angry. John and I want to be there for the baby and honor Hank, but it's already hard with the distance. We can only do so much from Afar, And now it's even harder because it seems to me that Bethany is picking this person that she barely knows over us.
Speaker 2: She's digmatized.
Speaker 1: I guess as of now, I have taken a step back on checking in Bethany since our last text exchange. I left the ball on her car court. What you guys say, are we overreacting?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, if you really care about Bethany, you'll be there for the baby and you'll stop fucking talking about the boys.
Speaker 2: The end of the sort. You and John just go fuck each other. You guys are so hot.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're really cute. That's Ben and that's Hank. Oh Hank, all right, p Hank.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's Bethany.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, let her grief in the way she wants, and if she could like have a reprieve from her grief by fucking this new guide, it's not gonna go well, everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Let her do it. Yeah, let her do whatever she want to do it. This is a post husband death. That's your rum spring up. Yeah, you can do whatever you want. Yeah, honestly, Yeah, and be there for her and don't bring up Ben.
Speaker 2: Just shut the fuck up about Ben. Let her enjoy it. Yeah, you guys are you guys are muddling.
Speaker 1: I would go so far as to say you should allow her to talk about but maybe she's excited about Ben and it's just something to distract her for a minute. Yeah, from the grief. She just had a baby with a man who passed away.
Speaker 2: And you want to be so heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John, I got his grief. You don't really seem to have that closive relationship with Hanks. I mean, all right, but and then also, but it's like it's like you want to be good friends, but on your exact terms. Yeah, and that's not what being a good friend is, so reconsider that. Reconsid Sorry, I know you wrote this email thinking that we were gonna not let the other people, but we ended up not liking you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: That's what you get when you write us we're gonna be honest, and I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: Eric, Do you want to promote your dates now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sure? I was gonna say. Also, it sounds like they'd be good friends with the family that that other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the critical family. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all y'all nosy, all the nosy people should hang out. You have to let people get like, we need mistakes in life. We need a nosy person daycare when you just go there meet other fellow adults who are also nosy and gossipy, and y'all could just get it out on each other and leave us people out of it. Yeah, you can do things like if you want to hang out with them together and be like, oh, I'm gonna take the baby to fucking like Lego Land or something for the day, and you and John take the baby and do that and let Bethany get fucked by bed exact, let her get that date.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's how you be good God parents. And Eric, we can see you live.
Speaker 3: Are you guys ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? Edmonton June sixth through nine, Vancouver August one through four, Phoenix September five through eight, Minnesota July nineteenth.
Speaker 2: Whole day. It's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. We're in Minnesota, Plano, Texas eight through eleven.
Speaker 2: And where can we get these tickets?
Speaker 3: You can get them on Houseicomedy dot com. All of the they're all House of comedy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's on the brand. All right, there you go, Eric Freddy. Everybody go see him live.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of Guys We Fucked, the Anti slut Jimmi Podcast. Don't be at Meddling Front. We'll talk to you next Friday. Guys We Fucked is presented by Luminary Create In and hosted by Karin Fisher and Christina Hutchinson. Editing and music coordination by Mike Coscarelli. Theme song by Rob Patterson and Jake Cozen Suck my wet ass pussy.
Speaker 2: Christina said to cut that before, but now it's in airy. Yeah, let's keep it.
Speaker 5: Whokres the pains to them right? Well, you love me, but you don't care. It's wrong as you crave.
Speaker 1: Me when I'm not there.
Speaker 5: It feels like I'm losing mumber.
Speaker 1: You fair feeling this hide.
Speaker 5: Empty stairs that you said good bye you if I can kno bear the feeling moping broken. You told me that.
Speaker 2: You loved me, then you love me in.
Speaker 5: This feeling jobwhelming, but I can't it wasn't. I can and.
Speaker 6: Help you.
Speaker 1: You, hi, baby, I'm the one
Speaker 2: The children every time week