Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know y'all ball at all?
Speaker 4: Given the.
Speaker 1: Black busy.
Speaker 5: Listen to me, I don't joy Joy, you gotta do.
Speaker 6: Turn love you, you gotta turn. I can't.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth.
Speaker 5: Turn you probably got to turn mouth turn out.
Speaker 2: The way up.
Speaker 7: Look, come.
Speaker 2: Come on, you think I sure will?
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody you are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now.
Speaker 2: One and only.
Speaker 8: Steve Harvey got a radio show. I say it every day because God been good to me. God has done some things in my life that's truly been just amazing. It really amazing. Ain't even really the word. They don't really have a word for what He's done for me. I'm just out of superlatives. That's why I say it every day. Steve Harvey got a radio show because God is in a blessing business.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. God.
Speaker 8: God can help you turn your life around. Did you hear me? God can help you turn your life around. Whatever you're going through. God has an answer for it. See but it's to going through to get us though, ain't it. Because I was having a moment yesterday and I set my wife down, I said babe, I just need to talk to you going through a little bit right now. I just wanted to share which I'm a little down right now. And my wife reminded me, just reminding me to see, this is what a man, This is what a good mate does. A good mate reminds you just of things that sometimes you forget when you get off track. Because you know, I consider myself a motivational type person. I try to listen to people and then give them something I've learned along the way on this journey I've been on. I try to give a person a takeaway. But even being that person, sometimes I get off track myself. I get a little low sometimes, you know, I get a little down. Sometimes I sometimes I forget some of the stuff.
Speaker 2: I say.
Speaker 8: It ain't that I forget it. I guess I just get caught up in the grind of doing it. And sometimes I get I get a little off course and I forget some of the things that my wife or a mate can be good for you to remind you. And she just says, Steve, God got us. She said, have you ever known noticed that? Every time you get in a spot? And she say, and I know how you must feel because you're out here working and you keep turning around and old stuff keep popping up, and you get a call from your accounting and hear this then went wrong, and that then when you study trying to fix it, but you steady going wild?
Speaker 2: Man, what is it? She say?
Speaker 8: But you ever notice he always always, no matter what, provide a way, and he ain't ever too late. Oh, you might be going the deadline is approaching. The deadline can come and pass, but then they have a grace period for you. And then sometimes, man, it's just you go down there after the grace period and they take the payment anyway, and you're good anyway. But see, ain't that God bringing you through it? It may not be when you want it, but he right on time. Jazz before you get put out, jazz before they turn. Maybe they cut the lights off, but you get it back ones faux company come or just before the weekend get here. See he always comes through for you. And she had to remind me of that what you going through is necessary. Look, circumstance and hardships and pitfalls are always untimely. If you keep the law of attraction in play, if you keep believing that that's that he gonna see you through this, just like he do when you don't believe it. That's what the old part is, though, ain't it. Ain't God brought you through even when you didn't really have the faith to say he was gonna bring you through. But because of grace and mercy he brought you through anyway. But because you forgot to thank him, or you didn't pay attention through to come through, you just was telling people, Oh, man, if you the same. It was so jacked up. Man, I was so turned up. I ain't know what I was gonna do. I almost got put out. I was gonna see key word almost, And you forgot that part right there, And then I was it looked like I wan man, and and it seemed like every month I go through this same thing. And then now yeah, then somebody ought to just say, did you pay it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I paid it? Did you get put out? Now? I'm cool? See.
Speaker 8: See, you need somebody on your shoulder to say that to you, and then you need somebody to come right behind him and go, man, ain't God good?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: That's how this works. See, you keep getting in situations, but he keep getting you out. Now if you jump, look listen, to me, hold on, hold on. Let's say you in a frying pad in the skillet and the oil is up and you in that frying and you uncomfortable being fried God somehow. Or let's just say you managed to get out of the hot grease in the frying pan, and you standing there next to the skillet looking at the fire continue to heat the grease, You get out, and then for some unexplainable reason, you dives right on back in there.
Speaker 2: Ain't that how we usually do it?
Speaker 8: I'm just asking you, God, get you away from the man you've been asking to get away from. Then you go right back over there, a star us seeing him again. It's amazing how many times God get us out the fire and we walked right back in there. Ain't it amazing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 8: I mean, really, man, see this how I break life down for me? So I don't get over here stuck on, stupid with myself and then get to doing something ignorant like blaming God. When really, man, God has given us, as human beings, the power of decision, and we all make decisions.
Speaker 2: How many times? Man?
Speaker 8: See, sometimes it's a blessing. In getting locked up, you can ask a lot of caps. I know, man, to tell you it was a blessing for me, man, because I was just headed the wrong way, steady, but he locked me up, set me down.
Speaker 2: Made me miss my family.
Speaker 8: Being out here being a free man, made me realize that my family was important. Made me man, really see this girl for what she was. When I get out, Man, I'm on the straight and narrow. Well, then when you get out, see you can't be talking about no oh man, I can't find no job. Now I'm gonna go and do what I gotta do. No, no, no, no, no, partner, you got to do now what you're supposed to do. See that don't do what you gotta do got you in trouble in the first place. See everybody, see see the hood got a lot.
Speaker 2: Of ignorant rules. We done create it.
Speaker 8: I gotta do what I gotta do. I gotta feed my family. Well, the only reason you gotta do what you gotta do is because you didn't do what you were supposed to do. See if you just went on to school like you Mama kept telling you. Ah, Man, I was watching forty eight Hours yesterday and a dude named Nesto was on that and Nesto Latino dude said, Man, my mother told me quit hanging with these guys. They were gonna nothing but trouble. I should have listened to her. He doing thirty years right now. You can't blame God. That's why I talk to myself this way, so I don't get stupid and start shifting to blame the wrong way when it's really on me. How many times has God got you out of something and you walk right back into it? Man, why don't you take these blessings God give you and go on about your business. That'd be the best way to do it, don't you think That's what I think? So I thank God my wife for reminding me that God got us anyway, that God gonna pull you through anyway.
Speaker 2: That Have you noticed, Steve, we ain't lost a beat. Oh.
Speaker 8: I know it's hard out here, but really you ain't lost a beat. You still moving forward, You still dressing nice, You still look good when you come into that job. Everybody don't have got to know you. Your house is in.
Speaker 2: Bad shape, and all that God got you.
Speaker 8: Man, if you just hold your head up, man, quit complaining all the time by what you ain't got. And as in words of my daddy, slick Harvey. Stop talking about what you ain't got and take a good look at what you do.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 8: That's improper grammar, but that always stuck with me, and maybe it'll stick with you.
Speaker 2: Quit talk about and looking at what you ain't got, Take a good look at what you do.
Speaker 1: God, you're listening, morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I keep saying it, but it keeps feeling brand new to me.
Speaker 8: God has done it again, and I keep getting and you know, it seems like I just get more and more amazed at it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: I hope you don't take these days that He keeps giving us for granted, because man is not a given. You know that, don't you. It's such a blessing to wake up. It's such a blessing to have life. Man, Thank you God, I show appreciate mine. This is Steve harl Morning Show. Get your gratitude together. Because you get your gratitude together, it affects your attitude and that has a direct correlation to your altitude. They've called the tubes. Now let's go Shirley Strawberry call it for real. Mississippi Monica Junior and the Legend of Nephew Tommy what is on wave mine today, Junior.
Speaker 2: It is more and more intriguing to me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what, uncle, you know uh wint got a hair cut yesterday and uh, based upon everything you've said last few days, because listen, uh can't you can't you tell I got a hair You don't see that either.
Speaker 2: You got to bring this up.
Speaker 1: That's how you know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 10: Anyone I want to want bob shop. They said, dogg, I'm not gonna do you. I'm proved to Uncle Steve that you got a hairline, and they edged me up. You can't see it this morning.
Speaker 2: You don't see it.
Speaker 11: Look at me, Look look at it.
Speaker 2: If you look the same.
Speaker 10: Sorry, it's okay, you don't see it today today.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta lie.
Speaker 8: You gotta see your bible, your barble has to make you think you have a line.
Speaker 6: Look at it.
Speaker 2: It's there, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 8: Can I make a Can I make a suggestion? You know I don't think he see what we see? Let me take a picture of muscreen?
Speaker 2: Why can I make a suggestion?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 9: What time?
Speaker 2: What time? Gulian? If you really want to know what you look like, don't go to that barer for about six weeks.
Speaker 11: Just let everything, bro, just let everything grow and and and I promise you in six week you're gonna see who Junior really is. Just let's let's six week go. Don't don't don't touch it. I don't don't touch it. You're gonna see sections here and that.
Speaker 8: Just let's six everybody look at their phone, Well, everybody look at you every day.
Speaker 2: Every day. I understand what you said.
Speaker 1: Why did you send us that, Steve?
Speaker 2: I need you look at your phone. I need you look at you. You ain't right now you tell me what you mean for that is what you're gonna do. No, I just showed to you. I see you want us to see what ain't down? What you want to tell you?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Dog, don't now, Dog, you bought yourself. I didn't bring this up. You came in here without the baseball cap on the day. Okay, you think you're glowing.
Speaker 5: I got a line.
Speaker 2: I see it. If used to really be focusing on right relationship, what you can say?
Speaker 8: Hold what you just say, Ju, that's not the truth, that's not that's not that's not not. Okay, Hey, do me a favorite turn to the side. Right now, let's turn to the side we go.
Speaker 13: Coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew. Is he runs that prank bag right after this.
Speaker 2: You'll see what call it shadows.
Speaker 1: You're listening morning show. It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 2: What you got for us, nest Bump and grind, bomb and grind. Yeah, we've all done it. Don't act like you have. Let's go catch bumping right.
Speaker 12: Hello, Hello, longtime Marcus, Marcus, Yeah, this is me. Hey, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Pretty good?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I can he you.
Speaker 12: Man. Hey, hey listen, let me turn the radio now for say, Hey listen, I live in and I live in the apartment building that you just moved into. I live in twenty one A and you live above me in twenty two A. Uh huh. I actually got your number from the lease in office.
Speaker 14: I told him I wanted to welcome you to the apartment building, man, but I don't want to really raise no oyebrows. But I was really calling about you know. You know, first of all, let me go ahead and say welcome to the building.
Speaker 12: Man. I hope that you and your your uh is that your wife that lives with you. First of all, thank you, brother, I appreciate it. But why would you mean to have my number to do that? You just can't knocked on my door man, boy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see whatever.
Speaker 14: The reason why I mean I really called and got the number was kind of reach out to you. Man. I don't be wanting to stign no trouble with nobody or nothing like that. I'd want to you know, I want I want my name to be cool with me, and I want to be cool with my neighbors. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So, so I was.
Speaker 14: Reaching out man, because you know the noise, man, I was.
Speaker 12: I'm I work at night and I sleep during the day. Man, But it seems like since you guys moved in, man, in the middle of the day, it's you know, I mean, I know what it's like to have a lady hold on.
Speaker 9: Hold on, holda holda You're hearing marriage is coming from my place in the middle.
Speaker 14: Of the day, right, I mean, I'm here, I'm getting I'm here, and you're making love to your lady.
Speaker 9: Man. I mean, yoh, man, Now you know what again, you might be hearing something from a mother another unit. Man, it's definitely not coming from nuth because I'm at work and.
Speaker 4: My you know, my girl is there, but she want a computer, you know, she's looking for.
Speaker 12: A gig right now, hell, look it, okay, okay, okay, wait a minute. Now, So you live in apartment twenty two A. Right, yeah, okay, see, I live in twenty one A. Your your bedroom is a.
Speaker 9: Well my bed room were holdo, holdo, you're telling me that you're hearing uses that sounds like somebody making rub coming from my crib at this time of day and I'm.
Speaker 4: Not there, and only my woman is there. Dude, Man, you know I did.
Speaker 12: I'm not trying to be rude to any day.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you calling and and you know namebright and all that there you shake you in right, uh yeah yeah yeah man, Look.
Speaker 4: I mean you call me all right, So let's get to the bottom of this one time you.
Speaker 7: Seeing you hearing this?
Speaker 12: What kind of runs are you hearing?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 14: Tell me, hey, hey, hey, hey, you know what, man, there's probably just a big mistake. I mean, maybe she just hanging some pictures or something.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 4: You know, literally no pictures, man, even pictures your I mean.
Speaker 9: You calling me like you hear caming after my crib.
Speaker 12: You're talking about many Hey, man, listen, Marcus, I go, I'm I'm you know, no my mind?
Speaker 4: You telling me I'm here, you say what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you.
Speaker 9: Are, but I'm a mid No, I'm you understand that money?
Speaker 4: You calling me telling me you hearing resons coming from I could and shound like somebody. And now you're telling me that what we thought it was you he man.
Speaker 14: All I'm saying is maybe it's just a legitimate mistake. I don't think makes you hanging the pictures of moves, the Bernie or something like that.
Speaker 4: You just man, I keep telling you that you know picture. Ain't nobody hearing this.
Speaker 6: It shouldn't do.
Speaker 4: Its coming from my cold.
Speaker 12: Man. I ain't trying to I ain't trying to start.
Speaker 7: No trouble man, And you're not star what you tell me that.
Speaker 14: All I was going about was trying to get a decent, decent rests.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 14: I work at night brought us all I'm talking about. Man, I'm not trying to get the great guys ship.
Speaker 12: I don't kill it.
Speaker 4: You calling me telling me man, that's just being good for you. Leg a man like that.
Speaker 9: I ain't believe it. Oh you got the right address.
Speaker 4: Where do you live at?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You live on.
Speaker 12: Yes, Man in apartment twenty one A, and your place is about mine?
Speaker 4: Man, Man, hold on, man, hold on?
Speaker 12: We pulling stuck over?
Speaker 7: Man over what second?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 12: Because you talk us off to hey.
Speaker 4: Man, Look, I'm not I'm not trying to have no trouble.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to hand no trouble.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I do con I was working there then, I do fifty hours a week while we did like this. Okay, okay, so I'm not all I'm saying is man.
Speaker 12: I thought I.
Speaker 4: Thought you was making love to your your woman.
Speaker 12: Man, That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: That's why I called you to ask her to keep the know it down. I don't want to my wife.
Speaker 12: I ain't right up.
Speaker 4: There you go, you go with it? Twenty what a from the King Hill Clid?
Speaker 7: You do it?
Speaker 4: You ain't live from left Clid? No, no hold on, hold no hand on, dude, you're not coming to my apartment to hear nothing.
Speaker 12: Now. I ain't got nothing to do with this.
Speaker 7: Man, I.
Speaker 4: Say, I ain't letting you in my house.
Speaker 2: Man, By no minute you.
Speaker 4: Got going on upstairs. You gotta control your woman.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: It ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 9: I told me. Wasn't even.
Speaker 12: I know. See, I know.
Speaker 4: The weighing it out for the last two weeks between twelve and two. I know that you got you talking to James. Man, I'm coming to your health. You ain't coming to my apartment.
Speaker 12: Man, I'm not.
Speaker 7: It ain't man.
Speaker 12: Listen, No, I ain't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you troubles many.
Speaker 4: I got one more things I need to say you man that you're listening for my cris. I got one more thing I need to say. All right, all right, you better do let's say better be telling me open and don't are you lessen? Yeah, I'm listen.
Speaker 9: Listen, nephew telling me from.
Speaker 4: The Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got branked by your own boy.
Speaker 12: Wait a minute, what the.
Speaker 4: The twenty one eight man? Step away from twenty one? Ay, please listen, Nephew, tire me from the Steve Harvey Morning till your boys got me to break you.
Speaker 12: Man? Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Damn are you at twenty one eight?
Speaker 12: Joe? I'm right outside my apartment, man, I'm ready blow ahead.
Speaker 4: Hang up, man, nephew, tell me still.
Speaker 12: Tell me man, how you doing? Brother? Oh man?
Speaker 9: Man, Tommy, you had me going, man, I was coming up.
Speaker 12: Man, I'm serious, Man, I got one more thing I gotta ask you for.
Speaker 7: I let you go.
Speaker 12: Man. What is what is the maddest radio show.
Speaker 4: In the land?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 9: Man, It's the Steve Harvey Morning.
Speaker 4: Show without a doubt. Hey man, step away from twenty one, A step away.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in a minute. I'll be back.
Speaker 1: As the colour Chief Love Office. You're listening.
Speaker 13: Morning show Coming up at the top of the hour, And entertainment news, Beyonce revealed the name of her upcoming country album and the country music legend weighs in on it. Atlanta didn't stop with the Freaknik documentary, so get ready for the Magic City docuseries. And Winny Williams ex husband is demanding money. What that's all coming up at the top of the hour. But right now it is time to ask the clow.
Speaker 1: Did he not see what we saw? Unlike time?
Speaker 11: Come on now.
Speaker 13: Kenisha in Tulsa says, my husband took our four year old to his seven year old birthday party at his ex wife's house. Our son said all in food was good, way better than mine. I know I can't cook, but I know he's just a child, but I can't let it go.
Speaker 1: Did he really mean it?
Speaker 2: He meant it to his soul to day that he don't even he fought. This food is good.
Speaker 8: It's way better than our fo You just said, I know I can't cook, but you thought the baby didn't.
Speaker 2: See that that. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: When the baby and when a fourio old can draw comparison, you really can't what you've been giving this job?
Speaker 2: Dad whole baby right there? Well, there you go. There you have it.
Speaker 8: Did he really mean it to the core? See that once again you don't want to hear it though. We just went over that with somebody on this show.
Speaker 1: Just the denial.
Speaker 2: It can't get no more obvious than a four year old teller.
Speaker 13: They are pretty honest, all right. Moving on, I think we've had enough of that one. Moving on to Selena and Arlington.
Speaker 8: And the reason you want to move on because this is about cooking and you can't believe you just get drug into it and said she said, well, let's just move on. Like you and a Harry Shirley can relate to this shirley baby that came home and told her the food at the school cafeteria is way better than.
Speaker 2: Mama.
Speaker 8: The food of chucky cheese is way better than the food. Hey, mama, who we went to see uncle in the hospital. The food in the hospital. Wow, she didn't heard all this.
Speaker 2: Now go ahead and.
Speaker 13: Shitty, oh, thank you, thank you. But this is from Selena and Arlington. Selene says, my sister's husband is cheating on her. My husband showed me the chick and she's so darned ugly. I can't see how he does it. My husband said that. My husband said that ugly women don't nag you, and they're freakier in bed. Does he have an ugly so piece too?
Speaker 8: I don't know why husband would get in that he's stupid because he showed know a lot of information about him. So, uh, that wasn't the smartest.
Speaker 1: Thing to do for her husband to say. Did she tell me?
Speaker 8: She sighed pieces, they don't nag you, and they way more freaky and pay him. Well, he showed me he had a lot of side piece of information.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she has to draw her own conclusion. What should he have said?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, Why he in that? Why did he show you the girl stupid?
Speaker 1: Did she tell her that her sister?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: Moving on to Venus in Birmingham.
Speaker 13: Venus says, I have a secret admirer at work that puts treats on my desk daily. I had a security guard check the cameras and and it's the new married guy. I wanted to stop immediately. Should I confront this guy about it? Or send an email to human resources?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on now, damn, why you want to go to human resources?
Speaker 1: She wants it to stop.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what you said. All you gotta do is just say, hey, please, I know you're married. I'm not that type of person.
Speaker 8: I don't want you to stop or else I'm gonna have to report it because I feel uncomfortable. You get to do a chance man. Hemn, she's going to HR for. Oh I can't stay at.
Speaker 2: HR I said, have you been down there before? Five times a year?
Speaker 8: And all that is about a joke out and said in front of one of these family, I did a joke about a certain group the other day last week, I got in trouble for I looked at the audience.
Speaker 1: In the audience and you just decide.
Speaker 2: They was behind the camera. Yeah, they was behind the.
Speaker 1: Camera yourne Yeah, because there was a.
Speaker 2: Little family of them behind the camera. They was.
Speaker 13: All right, last one, Steve, This is Frankie and Edison. Frankie says, my wife can't sleep without being right under me. All of a sudden. She likes to cuddle all night and I'm not in the mood all the time. If I turn away, it hurts her feelings. She doesn't get my hints. So how can I get her to stay on her side of the bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's roight love, buddy. Yeah, they do like they wont to. Yep, they do like they wont to because that's what they want. You don't give it to them, then you ain't gonna get what you want.
Speaker 2: So dog's paying in the bed. They don't get off you pin what that's you want off of you? Just I mean what we're writing. You won't to answer. No, no, no, no no no no no no no us No one's writing us.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See that's the problem. You keep thinking, these people talking to you, can you help me with any damn thing?
Speaker 13: Okay, So you see you have any hints for this guy so he can get her on the standard out of the bed.
Speaker 8: Really, ain't you know if I just what you should do when she do that? Get up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, come back, get on her side.
Speaker 2: Oh you wanted to be in the bathroom now, okay, okay, well.
Speaker 1: Because that's what it's for the bad whoa your mic off?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: Some level of inglands that I just you had to sit frustrating your uncle.
Speaker 2: This boy here's so damn stupid.
Speaker 1: He's serious. He just wants to know how can he keep his wife on her side of the bed?
Speaker 8: Bruh, br br Look, man, we don't have no Look when you don't want to, it hurts her feelings. I don't have a solution for you, man, none of us do. We've all dealt with it, and you just got to deal with it. It's called marriage, though. But he ain't getting That's what he's not getting. Know.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody want that all night? You hot? Hot, hot?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: Damn gone, you ain't doing nothing, man, what.
Speaker 1: He all the time?
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody in the move of that every night?
Speaker 11: Was wrong?
Speaker 8: I need a damn teddy bare She wants her man, She just wants to every night, though, I got to go to work.
Speaker 13: She probably has to go to work too, well, to work, go to sleep, sleep she can, and she's up under you.
Speaker 8: Here's the problem. Women don't understand your cuddle position is comfortable for you. Now we got to turn in a direction that we don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I feel.
Speaker 1: For the brothers coming up next.
Speaker 7: For you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Clo, you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 13: Beyonce revealed the name of her first ever country album. On her Instagram page, be posted an image that is believed to be on the cover art for the album. The image was of a saddle with metallic accents and a red, white and blue sash with the words Cowboy Carter written on it. Cowboy Carter is set to be released March twenty nine and available now to pre order. Country music icon Dolly Parton gave Beyonce her full support, saying she loves Beyonce, She's beautiful and a great sinker.
Speaker 1: What an endorsement from the legendary Cowboy Carter. Love it all right?
Speaker 13: Moving on, Not only will there be a Freaknick documentary, now, there is a Magic City docuseries coming.
Speaker 1: It's viewed at south By Southwest this week.
Speaker 13: Drake and Jermaine Dupree de Prease The produced the docuseries Magic City and American Fantasy, and it covers the evolution of Magic City over the years to now becoming the top strip club in the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 13: Magic City and American Fantasy tell the story of the owner, Michael Barney, better known as Mister Magic, and how he started Magic City back in nineteen eighty five. Will keep you posted on the release date because I know you're interested.
Speaker 3: Here's some people in Freaknick and Magic City. They thought they were safe. No campras back then. That's a whole show.
Speaker 2: Look like you want dog.
Speaker 13: So what were you doing in nineteen eighty five, Steed, Because mister Magic, Michael Barney was starting Magic City.
Speaker 8: October eighth, walked into Hilarious Comedy Club for the first time in the comedy club.
Speaker 2: Won fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: October eighth, nineteen eighty five, Tuesday night, walked into a comedy club, Hilarities Comedy Club, won fifty dollars, went to work the next day October ninth, quit my job.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, exactly what I was doing. So you said you're not in this docu sries Magic City.
Speaker 2: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 8: I didn't have no money for magiclu first time. I wouldn't Magic see Joe Toy took me oh after the show in ninety one.
Speaker 2: Okay years one?
Speaker 1: How for eleven years later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have no money to be in there.
Speaker 1: You couldn't make it ray, make it ray?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. It was a light drizzled in't it. It was just cloudy. It wasn't even overcat right.
Speaker 13: But congratulations. So, like I said, we'll keep you posted on the release date. And this story has upset a lot of people online. This is according to an exclusive report by The Sun. Wendy Williams's ex husband Kevin Hunter, is demanding two years of back payments from the divorce settlement court. Documents claim that their marital settlement agreement payments were suddenly stopped when Wendy was placed in a guardianship in twenty twenty two, and he wants the payments to be resumed. According to the documents, Kevin Hunter stated that he relies on the money for his living expenses and not getting the money for twenty three months has greatly affected him. Hunter stated that he's met with Wendy. He's appointed guardian, but he still has not been paid. This did not sit well, needless to say, with Wendy's fans or anyone who knows how Kevin Hunter and Wendy Williams marriage ended. Fans started bashing Hunter for having the audacity to ask for Wendy's money, and the advised Hunter to quote, get a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, get a job.
Speaker 2: Then you have another baby.
Speaker 3: This man had a whole family, a whole down the street, down the street, and this woman is sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were to take care of your house down the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by sick.
Speaker 8: I just you know what, man, just as a man, some form of compassion, yes, for just another human being, the mother of your son.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 8: Look, you ain't got to move back in, you ain't got to be in love, but just some form of compassion, just as a man. I'm just not that way. You would never hear me at first. I'm not asked. I'm not begging nobody for nothing, you know, nothing at all. Nothing. I'm not feeling to ask you for nothing. Yeah, I'm not feeling lower myself. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 13: He relies on the money for his living expenses. And not getting the money for almost two years has greatly affected him.
Speaker 2: So your ass had just sat there.
Speaker 3: It affected her when you cheated and had a hole? Yeah about what affected well? The woman's not doing well? I mean, how about that? Yeah, the woman is just not doing well? Man, Come on, I don't.
Speaker 13: And you know there the guardianship and all of this stuff. You know, come on, she doesn't even have access to her own money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I saw that. The hustle, baby, you gotta get your hustle on, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get a job in the comments.
Speaker 2: That was his hustle.
Speaker 1: So he feels that he's part of her success in her career.
Speaker 8: So I've heard that before you Oh, no doubt, no doubt. Hey man, do you know how many people made me? You know how many people are responsible for my success? How many people sit up and just talk about how they're responsible for the empire, the branding.
Speaker 2: All of that. There's people out there claiming that about me. Man. Please. Wow.
Speaker 8: If you have the ability to make a person, to turn a person into a brand, to create a star, if you have that ability, if I were you, I would make me. I would just go make me instead of finding somebody else turned into a start, you have that.
Speaker 2: Ability make.
Speaker 1: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, Donald.
Speaker 13: Donald Trump has revealed what he plans to do on his first day as president.
Speaker 1: If he's reelected. We'll talk about that right after this. You're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 13: As if the world needed another reason to not support Donald Trump for president, here's one more. Trump has stated that if he is re elected, his first order of business will be to pardon all of the people that were convicted of crimes related to the January sixth, twenty twenty one attack on the US capital right there, right there.
Speaker 2: He also pretty much says, yes, he thought it was consent. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 13: Okay, there's more. He also promises to seal the US border. On his truth social website, Trump wrote, quote, my first acts as your next president will be to close the border, drill baby drill, and free the January sixth hostages being wrongly imprisoned. In response to Trump's statement his written statement, a spokesperson for the Biden campaign said, Donald Trump has shown he'll do whatever it takes to hold hunt to power, including excusing and encouraging political violence.
Speaker 8: Why would you pardon somebody who participated in a riot. But the reason you want to partner them is because they participated on the riot on your behalf for you, Yeah, for you.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So these people, they listened to what you said. They went into a.
Speaker 3: Federal building to try to harm congress people, destroy their property in their office, kill people, Capitol police officers.
Speaker 1: In the line of duty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the decision that they made to do and carry out. Well, that's what overthrow the government. They agreed with you, to overthrow the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean it makes perfect sense to us. Why would you do that?
Speaker 13: But there are still people who know that this that still will vote for him. They're absoring this, and that's the problem.
Speaker 1: You know, what he did.
Speaker 8: That's the sickness of our country. That's the real that's the real America we live in, you know. But come on now, we're dealing with the nation from the get go. How this, how America was born, was off off of off of thievery and theft, murder. Took everything from those Native Americans to survive.
Speaker 2: You learn how to live. They taught you how to live.
Speaker 8: They taught you how to trap, They taught you how to feed yourself, They taught you how to plant coin.
Speaker 2: They taught you all this here.
Speaker 8: Then you took them and you moved them to a reservation, and then told them they were savages. They weren't savages. Were they saving your ragged ass life. It's to say, man, if you look.
Speaker 2: At this, why came over here? I ain't nothing? The ain't nothing.
Speaker 8: And then they are always somebout who over here being this, How y'all get over here? It ain't Chos did the same thing to the Asian Americans. The Chinese were building the railroads. You bought all these black people over here to build. Black people built this nation.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is all because of the backs of black people.
Speaker 8: The moment somebody ain't like you. They don't belong here. But how Joe asked, get over here. They sent the worst of the worst over here on them boats, and here y'all build a nation, man, please them them Native Americans should have left y'allas.
Speaker 13: And the registering vote h coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour, We're gonna switch gears and bring Roscoe in because he is waiting in the wings right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning Show, All right, Carla, your buddy Roscoe is here.
Speaker 2: What you got.
Speaker 4: Right here?
Speaker 7: Everyone?
Speaker 2: My hole showt dedicated to truck driver. They don't like noice Steve character.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bother you what.
Speaker 2: We don't give a damn about him driving your trucks. Stay save baby.
Speaker 1: Down the road, not me, not me, And we're going.
Speaker 2: On everybody.
Speaker 1: Costco. Let's let's get this thing jumping.
Speaker 3: So it seems like the new trend country music country album.
Speaker 1: Beyonce is about to drop her album Cowboy Carter.
Speaker 5: What I fear.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna happer, It ain't going happen, no way, pick it up.
Speaker 8: What I figure it ain't gonna happen. You just ain't going down no way. Yeah, that ain't nothing new to me. I was righting countries old.
Speaker 2: I'm you gotta know when the whole of them.
Speaker 8: No, when the phone no, no, when the walk away, no, when you run. You never count your money sitting at the table. Damn me time enough for counting?
Speaker 2: When no day? Whoa we done? You're trying to say you wrote that, I ain't trying to say nothing. That route I thought that was. You always think it wrong. You always think it wrong.
Speaker 3: For real though, Kenny Rogers, though, come on now, Roscoe give credit where credit Kitty Rogers.
Speaker 8: I know Kenny, I knew it. I knew I knew, I knew Kenny. Daddy was his name. Roy Rogers.
Speaker 1: Were doing country.
Speaker 8: The hot country is that you can't get no more country? Rollo, what else you got?
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 11: That was it.
Speaker 3: I was just wanting to talk to you about country, to see if you have been in the studio, if you're thinking about dropping a country album.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I wrote so many countries.
Speaker 3: So Dolly partners, Uh given Beyonce her blessings. I think Beyonce make her so Joelene on this album.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know about all that right there. You know I used to holler Dolly though you talk to me, oh you Holly Dollar.
Speaker 1: Over then now working nine to five?
Speaker 2: I sure.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't never. I don't never. You know, kids, and tell you never heard rock O dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You've always been a gentleman, always.
Speaker 2: Been a gentleman. I'm just saying we used to holler.
Speaker 8: All I'm saying I don't say nothing about miss pardon, fine woman, class and everything right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well she do like black people though, that's for sure. You like black people.
Speaker 1: I will always love you you know she wrote that Whitney.
Speaker 2: Since no no no no no no no no no no no, what I wrote that, I always love you? I wrote that. She gave it to Whitney, but she wrote it for me. I told you how you to holler at her?
Speaker 1: I will always love you.
Speaker 2: You wrote that about me?
Speaker 1: Oh, because you all used to kick it back.
Speaker 2: I used to kick it and then she said, well damn near, so she went on, gave you the Whitney.
Speaker 1: Did you know when Whitney was singing it.
Speaker 2: That it was for you? Hell yeah, because I had talked to them about.
Speaker 1: It, putting on them Houston.
Speaker 12: Is that.
Speaker 2: What a confusion here?
Speaker 1: We're all confused.
Speaker 2: I know, way mold. I didn't y'all know. I mean, I've been reading on Holliway, come on, I told them about it. Themn A new What are you talking about?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 8: What I mean?
Speaker 2: They broke up?
Speaker 3: Coming up next the Nephew and today Frank you're.
Speaker 13: Listening morning show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter and the subject is I don't think my husband likes black women. We'll get into that and find out why, and what's that's all about everything, okay, and a little later yeah, what your husband?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 13: But first the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. What you got for his nept today?
Speaker 11: This right here, Shirley, This is called triple casket. Triple yeah, yeah, yeah. See. Explain y'all real quick. We've had three people pass in the family. Understand, three people have passed, But what we would like to do, if possible, is get a custom casket. Well all three of them can fit in that war triple Okay, I mean if the funeral on the same day, we might well going on lay them the rest togelbo. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Who do you want us to say? Oh that's genius.
Speaker 2: You better believe it. Yes I do.
Speaker 1: Why is yes the same day?
Speaker 2: Why why everybody had their own day? I'm sorry? Well what is our We're doing it on? Here? We trip a cask. Let's go.
Speaker 7: Come on, Kats Mortuary. This is Calvin. I help you.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing? You said, Calvin?
Speaker 12: Right, yes, sir, how you Calvin?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 11: My name is Brandon Man, Brandon Giles. I'm calling. We've got somebody that uh has passed. Actually three people passed away.
Speaker 2: I thank you for that.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 11: It was kind of expected. Uh so you know, it wasn't something that caught us off guard. But you know, but all in all, you know, we still grieving about losing our loved ones. But uh, but I wanted to give you all a call. We're trying to pick a particular funeral home on who we want to uh take care of the services.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir, yes, sir, okay, I can definitely help you with that.
Speaker 7: And uh, once again, I just want to, you know, just let you know that we can pretty much do the whole game that we we can make sure that you need to take them from you know, from from now on, we're here for you. Wanted to get that out. What is your name? Need?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 7: You said three people?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, yes, okay. I wanted to bring attention to you. Do you guys customize caskets?
Speaker 7: Yes, we do, gold plating, uh, engraving.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 7: We even have a new thing where we can put the picture of the person on the outside like a semi gloss coating a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't I don't need that on no goal or nothing like that. Listen, listen, what I want to do.
Speaker 11: Is it any way that you could maybe, uh customize a casket that can accommodate three people?
Speaker 12: Uh? Yes, like we we can.
Speaker 7: We can customize each individual casket for each individual.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, Calvin, I didn't want to ask. What I'm saying is if I want to like like I said, like I said, I could they was all close. You know, I don't have a problem with all three of them being in the same casket.
Speaker 7: I get you, Uh, you know, to my knowledge is as far as I've been in this business, I've never uh, I'm not really sure we can actually do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean what I mean, but what's the problem if we can get them all in there?
Speaker 7: And well, sir, I mean I think that's a I don't even think if for one, it's legal in this state or any state. Uh, three people in one casket and ethics wise, I uh, that's not really something that can I say that we actually you.
Speaker 11: Know, but if you customizing a casket, Calvin, then you ought to be able to put as many people in there, if you make it deep enough and wide enough aught to be get three people in there.
Speaker 7: Right, Well, the customization is is the outer side of the casket and maybe you know some people uh even put TV screens on the inside or some of their their their loved ones, uh, memorable mementos.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 7: We customize it for that, you know, color wise.
Speaker 2: Uh So what about when when is a person real big?
Speaker 11: Uh? You know, a heavyset person. You know you got to have a casket that can accommodate the right Yes, but okay, so so you ought to be able to put you ought to be able to put three people in one casket if they can fit, if you put two one way and one the other other way, and you ought to be to have all three of them in there at one time.
Speaker 7: Is there anybody else around you and your family that can help talk with me about this?
Speaker 2: I'm talking right now.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to get I'm trying to accommodate my clothes and get them straight, and I'm asking you can we get them in a casket that one casket that can accommodate three people if you put two pillows.
Speaker 2: On the body end.
Speaker 7: That's not something we're really that ain't.
Speaker 11: Just used to doing cap But I'm calling you telling you that's the way I want this customize.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: All right, brother, look brother, brother, just to chill out with customs, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to get three people are Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Have a standard plan. It'll be a low end standard plan for three individual caskets.
Speaker 11: We ain't got We don't have enough money for three individual caskets. I keep telling you that we got room for one casket. We we just need this big enough, man, so you could get everybody in there and close the door.
Speaker 7: I'm not good. I'm not I don't want to go back and forth with you, sir. I know this is the time.
Speaker 11: Then you ain't gotta go back and forth with me. Builders that I need so I can bury my family.
Speaker 7: I don't really know what to tell you, sir, but I'm just really trying to help. I'm trying to Won't you tell.
Speaker 2: Me you're gonna get three people in the casket looking good?
Speaker 4: We cannot do that that man.
Speaker 2: I'm the one going through bereavement.
Speaker 12: I understand that. But you are you're you use the foul language.
Speaker 7: We can't do it, brother, you hear me, No, that's no.
Speaker 2: No hold on my cousin them said they wanted to use no, sir, No, we can't. Okay, Look, I'm.
Speaker 11: Look man, man, y'all gonna bury these three people, and you gonna put all three of them in the same damn casking man, two on one on one end and one on the other.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 7: Man, Sir, if you're a drinking just stop.
Speaker 2: I ain't nobody. Let me tell you something, man, Let me say this to you. Your name Calvin, right, yes, yes it is, sir. Okay, so Calvi Calvin. Let me say this to you.
Speaker 11: Either y'all gonna bury my cousins the way I want it, or Calvin, you're gonna get your who you talking to?
Speaker 2: That's what's going now.
Speaker 7: Now, No, now, that's it, right there, sir. I've been trying to be as professional as I can. This whole conversation is as.
Speaker 12: Crazy as it is. But now I ain't nothing crazy about.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you told you I want you to bury my cousin.
Speaker 7: Come on down here. I got the place to put your body and your cousin's body.
Speaker 12: How about that?
Speaker 2: Huh are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because you you know you don't.
Speaker 11: You don't sound too damn confident. You don't sound too confident, Calvin.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm gonna tell you right now, this ain't the place, and I'm not the one you will be in the ground messing with us. Matter of fact, if you come here, I'm gona you up. How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: Calvin, Okay, Calvin, let me tell you something. Calvin, me and Tommy gonna be down there today. Then I'm bringing Tommy with me.
Speaker 7: Who is Tommy?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 11: This's a nephew tim Me from the Steve Harvey Morny Show. Baby, you just got brank Calvin.
Speaker 7: Yo, y'all had me bring the whip. Tell ya, I just want to know who up to this. Yes, I'm I'm a whip regie. You bet watch what you drink? You bet watch what you e I'm on your.
Speaker 2: To Hey, for give me this.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: What's the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 7: Man, you know it's nothing but the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Y'all got got got.
Speaker 11: And there ye have it, the Triple Cast. Okay, still still in Richmond, Virginia. Sold out all weekend. Man, y'all get ready for a good time. Had a great time last night laying in the cut.
Speaker 2: You already know. Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 11: That is March the thirtieth, and then I gotta tell y'all about April Fools Comedy Jam. Oh my god, star star studying Apri Fools Comedy Jam. You got Lonnie Love, you got Coco Brown, you got DL, you got Bruis Bruises, you got Nephew Tommy, Oh my god, you got Tracy Morgan, you got The list goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 2: I tell y'all more about it.
Speaker 11: But that's the Aperpool's Comedy Jam at the Barclays in New York City.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next?
Speaker 13: Strawberry Letter for I don't think my husband likes black women. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening to Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is now time for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and we will get your letter and we could be reading it live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 1: And you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry letter.
Speaker 13: Thank you Nephew's subject, I don't think my husband likes black women. Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm twenty years old, yeah, forty years old, and married to an older man. He's an entrepreneur and I'm in the insurance field. He's out and about rubbing elbows with big wigs every day. At least that's how he describes his line of work. He dabbles in real estate and he owns a few parking lots and he just acquired another one. When he's at home, he's sleep or he's on his computer. We used to cook it home together and watch movies.
Speaker 1: That was our thing.
Speaker 13: But over the holidays, he said that lying around watching movies is a waste of my time and waste my time when I could be spending the time working on myself. He suggested that I get a hobby like playing tennis or golfing. I rolled my eyes when he said it, because I'm not interested in sports. He told me it was just like a black woman to cop an attitude.
Speaker 1: And roll my eyes.
Speaker 13: Lately, he's made remarks about me not being driven or having ambition. He said it's a cultural thing and black women.
Speaker 1: Like to settle.
Speaker 13: I've been at my job for twenty two years. I can retire in eight years. I love what I do and I don't want to be self deployed. Saturday, he asked when I was getting my braids taken out and getting a more professional hairstyle.
Speaker 1: He said, if it's not braids, it's a weave you and these hairstyles.
Speaker 13: He's also said my behind is nice now, but as I get older, I might want to start working out so it doesn't spread. I usually ignore him, but I went off that day and he said he expected me to react that way because black women are so reactive. I think he's got something against black women, or maybe it's me. I don't feel comfortable at home anymore. Excuse me, what is going on with him?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 13: You know what I say this, When a person lets you know who they are, believe them. Okay, he's shown you who he is and how he feels about you and black women, and excuse me, that's who he is now. The one thing that a person should never do is compare their partner to someone else. And he's being so nasty about it too, just because you're not doing what he wants you to do and how he wants you to do it. Now, all of a sudden, something is wrong with you now you have an attitude or you're an angry black woman. It's one thing to get those type of still tereotypes from others, but not from your own, especially your husband. Come on, you should be angry and hurt. It's okay that you went off on him. By the way he's talking to you now. All these comments about it being a cultural thing and just like black women to do this or that, and about your braids, they're mean, they're insensitive. It sounds like he's out and about now. Like he said, he's meeting new people, women especially, and he's changed, as people often do in relationships, and he thinks the grass is greener now on the other side, just because he's out now. You say you usually ignore him, but I say to you, don't ignore him this time.
Speaker 2: If you think you need.
Speaker 13: To start taking better care of yourself, handle that. Take from it what you need and discard the rest.
Speaker 2: But do it for you.
Speaker 1: Do it for you, not for him.
Speaker 8: Steve Well, I don't know how we keep dancing around this big white elephant in this room.
Speaker 2: But I can't.
Speaker 8: I don't know what the hell we talking about him, because you know, ain't nobody mentioned or racing this letter except for the fact that you said, I don't think my husband liked black women. Well, let's wait a minute, where did that come from. Why would you just I don't like my husband likes black women. Now I read the whole letter, and you never once mentioned who your husband was. So now what you've done for me is you've allowed me to open up the door of speculation. I am free to now read in to this letter what I want to read into it and read in between the lines.
Speaker 2: Now, you ain't saying nothing in this letter about your husband being black, and you did not mention that your husband was white. Buddy got white dude wrote all over him in this letter. Nah, you the married of white dude. Now you can discover you don't like your black ass. Oh here we go. I said, no, no, no, no, share ain't no need to looking at me on your zoom. You had your turn.
Speaker 8: I ain't nobody gonna say nothing about this letter button me. I'm here for it. Let's begin. I'm forty years old and married to an older man. He's an entrepreneur. I'm in an insurance field. He's out and about rubbing elbows with big wigs every day. At least that's how he describes his line of work. He dabbles in real estate. He owns a few parking lots and just required another one. When he's at home, he sleep on his computer. He sleep on his computer. We used to cook it home together and watch that was our thing. But over the holidays, he said, lying around watching movies here we go is a waste of time when I could be spending that time working on myself.
Speaker 2: Here is a husband.
Speaker 8: You did not say how old you long you all were married, but it's gotten to the point where something is starting to happen. He suggested that I get a hobby like playing tennis or golfing. That ain't a black request, No sa nosa, Very few black men coming the house and go. You need to pick up a hobby like tennis or golfing. First of all, I don't want my wife play golf. That's the one place I go where I and get away from everybody for four five hours. And I don't want her up there playing no damn golf. Steve wan't my ball.
Speaker 2: How I do this?
Speaker 8: How I swaying that, well, I need some moball, let me use your club. My club's too long for you. But we're not gonna do that. So he was the first inkling that you could be married to a white dude. He suggested that you go play tennis or golf. Now, it's a lot of blacks to play tennis and golf. So I don't want to make you think that lie to black tennis players, good ones too, A lot of good black golfers. I play golf. I'm not a good one, but I play. Oh, I think I understand. In fact, can I tell you what I'm thinking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour, we'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show. We'll have part two of this strawberry letter. The subject is, I don't think my husband likes black women. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is, I don't think my husband likes black women.
Speaker 8: Now, for this woman to say this, y'all and then not tell us whether her husband was black, white, Latino, anything like that, It all it leaves is a letter speculation so all I could do is dig into it my way and read between the lines. Now they don't watch TV, no more movies and cook together. So now over the holidays, he told her, you could be better spending your time working on yourself. Okay, so somebody's getting disgruntled now where he's out dabbling and working out in the field like you say, and now he's starting to meet some different kind of people. I think he suggested that I get a hobby like playing tennis or golfing. A lot of black people play tennis, a lot of people play golf. The Black Enterprise Golf and Tennis Classic used to be one of my favorite events to a tend.
Speaker 2: I used to love going down there hanging out.
Speaker 8: With them bushy as black people, I really man because they was all in corporate America, everybody me. But they asked me not to come back down there. One time I said something that American Airlines event that didn't go really real it is he is about the letter, It's about the Black Enterprise Golf of Tennis Class, which was excellent, excellent, excellent, brother Earl Graves.
Speaker 1: And his vision was outstanding for that.
Speaker 8: Miss him dearly anyway. Uh, then you said, said, I'm not interested in the poort. Then he said, he told me it was just like a black woman, the copper attitude that roll my. You should have said, oh, like your mama, But then you didn't say that cause his mama white. See that, I know comebacks in this letter that I know snappy comebacks. That's why I'm thinking the lady is thrown off because she married. She thought she married a well rounded person that didn't see race or color. But it's starting to show up in this letter.
Speaker 2: Lately.
Speaker 8: He's made remarks about me not being drink and have an ambition. He said, it's a cultural thing, and black women like to settle. What black women you talking about, dog, because that ain't who I'd have met. They some of the hardest scrappers and hustlers I've ever met my life. Black women, you talk about somebody can pick up the ball and run with it. You talking about somebody know how to hold it down, you know how someone you know how, somebody know how to put it all together and make it work.
Speaker 2: That's black women.
Speaker 8: Yes, all of a sudden, his thing is it's just like a black woman, copper attitude and roll away. And then he said it's a cultural thing. Black women like to settle. How does a cultural thing? I'm getting confused in this letter. I've been on my job twenty two years. I could retire in eight I love what I do and I don't want to be self employed. Saturday, he asked if I was getting my braids taken out and getting a more professional hairstyle. Oh okay, oh, oh okay. Oh you went down there and saw the little movie Bobbie hunh All right, now you on long straight? Hell okay, he said, if it's not braids, it's a weave you and these hastyles. He's also said my behind is nice now, but as I get old, I might want to start working out so it don't spread. I youally ignore him, but I went off that day and he said he expected me to act that way because black women are so reacting.
Speaker 2: I don't understand this letter. I just really really don't. I don't really give it.
Speaker 12: Damn.
Speaker 8: If your husband black or white, I don't like him. I don't like you sitting there talking about it.
Speaker 2: But what should he don't you think.
Speaker 1: If he was white, she would have said that though, that's.
Speaker 2: What I think.
Speaker 8: But see no, But okay, but well, no, not necessarily. I would think she would say he was white, but she didn't. Yeah, but then she says, I don't think my husband like black women. He got a mama and he married you. So I'm a little stuck on this. But it's something else to this letter, I really am. And that's what I think.
Speaker 2: We don't know if we got a white letter. I think he's got something against black women.
Speaker 8: Or maybe it's me. See that's what makes me. I think he got some against black women, or maybe it's just me. I see, it just sounds like I don't feel comfortable at home anymore.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what made me think it's white dude. Now I don't feel comfortable at home anymore. Because the only way this can work is one of these two things. All I can gather from this letter is this right here, that she's either tired he's tired of her, yes, or or.
Speaker 2: In his business is lying to work.
Speaker 8: He's been running around meeting all types of these new people, and now he said, Wow, what I got at the house ain't all that after all?
Speaker 2: Braid your body gonna spread.
Speaker 1: Hell, you know, all that round.
Speaker 8: But I really don't care y'all if he black or white? Right, if you married the white dude not now now his true colors then came out. And if you married a black dude.
Speaker 2: Leave him.
Speaker 1: Why he's real Hollywood.
Speaker 8: I mean, but I'm leaving the white dude or the black dude. It just don't sound like this relationship. You need to stay like like like your butt is okay right now, but as you get older, it may spread.
Speaker 13: She's right, it doesn't sound like he likes black women. Black or white, it doesn't matter. It doesn't sound like this man likes her anymore.
Speaker 8: Or it's an anti black So all of a sudden you came to this. See, I don't really know if it's a black dude all white dude, but I know you.
Speaker 2: Don't need to be with him. Yeah, Amen, of that?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: You put my butt in a box, kiss it. Don't miss a corner.
Speaker 13: On Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check us out on the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeartRadio app where free never sounded so good.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to his junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Hard Morning Show. It's time now for Sports Talk with junior.
Speaker 1: What you got junior free agency is here.
Speaker 2: The face of the NFL is changing.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 10: Derrick Henry signs two year deal or twenty million with the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: Oh my big god, super Bowl Baby.
Speaker 1: That's the old I was thinking up.
Speaker 10: Lamar Jackson, Dereck Henry, vote, Odell Beckham, junr.
Speaker 2: Who got the ball? Winning me? Man got the ball.
Speaker 10: We don't know what's gonna happen. Man, it's like having two running backs to the backfield for Baltimore right now.
Speaker 7: They got it.
Speaker 2: They got they got to be favored to go to the super vote.
Speaker 10: Also up, you know Cleveland, you know, Uh. I don't want how to tell you, but y'all lost Joe Flacco, Joe going to the Coats going to the y'all Lostjo Fla, But y'all did pick up somebody though, Jamie and Whisky. Not not just Jamie, Jerry Judy, Jerry Judy, different.
Speaker 2: Receiver. But how you feel about the Browns Now Browns is good? Man, watch it same home Mark.
Speaker 1: Jerry Judy, Nick Chubb.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all got a line up.
Speaker 10: I ain't gonna give it.
Speaker 2: If Chubb, If Chubb can get healthy, he had a bad, bad injury.
Speaker 8: I was hoping we picked up Derrick Henry because I don't know if he's gonna be able to come back from that injury.
Speaker 2: Man, that was nast Everybody wanted Henry. Yeah, everybody want to hear me. We're not getting everybody but the Titans.
Speaker 1: That's just let him go, carry the whole team.
Speaker 2: But New York gonna pay for letting go, Yeah they are. And he went right over the Philly rivalry team. Giants will be going nowhere to what they done.
Speaker 10: Man, Giants put all the money on Daniel Jones. They put all the money on Daniel Jones. It's all good though. You know what in Chicago, Justin Fields could be a backup this year because he has not been traded, has not been dealt.
Speaker 1: We killed it for him.
Speaker 10: Was Kirk Cousin going to the Atlanta Falcons just away from him to go now so he could.
Speaker 2: Be He ain't nowhere for him, go back.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams from USC hold up.
Speaker 2: Man, let me slow every about it down.
Speaker 8: Everybody keep picking these boys out of college, and they all often to come in here and do what y'all's boy did in Houston. Ain't nobody deal with this boy did in Houston except the boy in Houston, c J. Nobody did in the NFL that whole draft where they had rolls in Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Josh Josh Allen was creaming a crop in that group. Yeah, Ku in college.
Speaker 1: All right, Junior, all right, thank you, Junior. Coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 13: Can a man that's used to having threesomes ever be happy being monogamous? That is the question for you, Steve when we come back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Morning show. This is from Sandy and Flinch.
Speaker 13: Sandy says, my boyfriend and I met three years ago and we had casual sex with those strings attached at first. During that time, we had threesomes and I allowed him to film some of our experiences. When he asked me to be his girl, I put all of that in the past. We've been monogamous for a full year, but now he's asking to bring another woman into our bedroom. He told me in the beginning that he got all of the freaky lifestyle stuff out of his system. Is is he a lost cause? Can he be monogamous?
Speaker 1: What I would say, I wouldn't even.
Speaker 8: In his head, you know, he needs some more legs, and now he needs more options he got he got too many free hands. He wants some stuff happening to him while it's happening to you. Yeah, no, and started you know, you know you went along with him. You know, good luck, lady. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: Bring him on in.
Speaker 1: So he is a lost cause you're saying, I just told you what he wanted.
Speaker 8: Now if you don't give it to him, he ain't gonna stop wanting it. So Keisha and Ledonna can't come over. No, he's no, no, he's not gonna do right, that's not what he does.
Speaker 2: He did it for a little while. That's what she told that he did for a little while with her.
Speaker 1: For a whole year.
Speaker 2: She said with her, please stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been monogamous. We've been monogamous full year.
Speaker 2: Do you not understand what we said? He says, you're not understanding.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the woman rose, He didn't went and threed somewhere else, Shirley.
Speaker 2: But if it ain't three people, he ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: He wants to bring someone else in.
Speaker 13: She said, they won, all right, we have another one, so you don't think there's any helpe for this guy.
Speaker 2: Look at the film. You see here you talking about this fault in the film, that's him looking at.
Speaker 1: Him the whole year.
Speaker 2: They were good. His question is.
Speaker 1: Sure, His question is is just you?
Speaker 8: He got it when he got about the bed and hit the button on the camera. Did you see how fast he was back.
Speaker 2: In the frame?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 13: So there's no hope for this guy. All right, we have time for one more. This one's from Yushin in Dover. I'm in love with another man's wife. It started out as a business deal. I am thirteen years younger than she is, and she was paying me for sex. I ended up leaving my wife for her, but she broke her promise and she's still married. If she calls, she expects me to drop everything to be with her. I can't date other women because she'll cut me off. I've tried to leave a few times, but I get sucked back in. I have a good job now, so I want I want to move on with my life. Quite stop, so obvious.
Speaker 1: I want to move in.
Speaker 13: I want to move on with my life. But I can't imagine never making love to her again. Will she ever leave him for me?
Speaker 8: Bru no, no, no, Now you learning what women learn? You know, just you just gotta reverse on you. Sides can't become mains.
Speaker 2: You slow cutlet fries, baked bean, you dirty rice.
Speaker 8: You ain't fitting beat the chicken. You not fitting to beat the chicken. You the mac and cheese. You that little water ass soup ass mash potato with their little white gravy they put on that. You the side, don't You're not fitting to beat the chicken. Quick crying?
Speaker 2: Go on with your life? What you talking about? I can't. She won't let me see nobody else.
Speaker 7: How she know?
Speaker 2: But how does she know? You seeing somebody else? Do what she called?
Speaker 8: You supposed to drop everything else? You've been dropping everything, Margaret. I'm coming over there.
Speaker 13: All right, coming up in twenty minutes after the hour, we will have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Right after this.
Speaker 13: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, Tommy, Today's Friday. Tell us what's happening.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to love, ready.
Speaker 2: To getting down to the nitty gritty. Yo, tune in. We are still in Dallas, And let me.
Speaker 11: Say this, I am excited because I did get the phone call that there will be more ready to love to come. And it feels good to get that phone call and I'm yes. I can't reveal the cities yet, but we got two cities laying in the cut.
Speaker 2: So ready to love. We'll be back again. I'm still holding strong.
Speaker 11: And on Saturdays, hey man, BCQ Black College Quiz is kicking butt.
Speaker 2: Man. They are liking it all over the country. Black College Quips.
Speaker 11: Why I'm hosting a bunch of HBCU students that are competing for scholarship money with the man. You want to talk about some knowledge and wisdom on black history? It off the chain?
Speaker 2: Man, Could you trust me? I know the question, I know the questions, I don't know all the answer. Could you be on that topic? Could you.
Speaker 1: Nude?
Speaker 2: Check out Black College Quiz.
Speaker 11: It's on the different different markets, is on different networks, So you might be on NBC on this one, ABC on that one, on.
Speaker 2: Check so on and so on.
Speaker 11: But tune in and check your boy out b c Q Black College Quiz Man Saturdays.
Speaker 2: Get your knowledge of wisdom all of the African American history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black is excellent, son shine, Yeah, and congratulations, I'm ready to love.
Speaker 1: There will there are more to come. I love that too.
Speaker 3: You can't drop a heads on the city up northgo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, say that?
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 13: All right, more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour. We'll play around. I would you rather right after this you're listening Harvey Morning Show, It's time now to play around it. Would you rather when you're having dental work, would you rather local anesthesia or would you rather be completely totally knocked out?
Speaker 2: Knocked bussy out all the way? Yeah? Shot junior, Yeah, knocked out?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it wasn't clear, just food.
Speaker 2: Can't stay up and take no more pain? You got knock all right?
Speaker 1: When you're aroused?
Speaker 2: Question you must what you say?
Speaker 1: I stopped you in mid sentence.
Speaker 13: All right, when you're aroused, would you rather drool uncontrollably? Drool uncontrollably or would you rather sweat all over your body?
Speaker 1: Which drooling sweat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I do both of them. Yeah, I drooling as sweat that same time.
Speaker 11: See, I'm gonna go with drool though, mm hmm, Yeah, you're a slobber, sureley, Yes, yes.
Speaker 9: All that.
Speaker 11: He can.
Speaker 1: All day, all day, had some yesterday. They were delicious, No.
Speaker 2: Damn different, just as long as I'm a rouse, I don't all right.
Speaker 1: Would you rather go barefoot everywhere? Just everywhere your barefoot? Okay?
Speaker 13: Or would you rather wear Trump's gold tennis sneakers his shoes?
Speaker 2: Oh, man, don't do me like that. Oh well, but name here I come.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna put them damn shoes on. Because I can't go in no public bathroom barefoot.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't do.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I be watching people.
Speaker 8: They be at the pool and there going the restrooms barefoot, walk right in there and walk back.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 8: It's because if you've been in the man's bathrooms now it's nasty.
Speaker 2: Man, it's I know they are. But Mann, that dog find it right on the floor.
Speaker 13: Remember RFK Junior on the plane walking around barefoot? Remember that is he.
Speaker 2: Walking around barefoot while he campaigned.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was, no, but on the plane he was. And everybody was like, ew all right, okay, that's today's rounded. Would you rather.
Speaker 2: Going up in forty bad today?
Speaker 1: Or maybe you guys just sucked how about that?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, try trying to try to take a deep breath, like we ain't do that good? A questions.
Speaker 8: You guys stuck today, trying to make something out of nothing all the damn.
Speaker 13: Time coming up in forty nine minutes after the hour, Steve will close out the show right now.
Speaker 2: Would you'd rather breathe a whole your breath?
Speaker 1: You're listening to morning show? All right, guys, here we are, last break of the day, last break of the week. Steve, what are you going.
Speaker 2: To leave us with today? Well, here's a deal.
Speaker 8: You know, we were talking about the you all read the Wendy Williams story and her ex husband wants back paying money and all like this. It just got me to thinking about who we are. I'm just talking to me in right now. I feel really, really comfortable speaking about manhood because that's what I am. I'm an expert at manhood. I'm not an expert at your situation. I'm not an expert at your set of circumstances. I'm not an expert in your house or your marriage. I said, I'm an expert at manhood. You can't tell me nothing about being a man nothing. You can't teach me no new principles of it. You can't tell me how ought to be. I got a lock on that as do millions of other men, as do millions of men who are listening to me. So see, I'm not saying I'm the only one. But once you're a man, and once you're a full grown man, you got a lock on that, because it's real simple, it's really really simple what we have to do. The mistake we made was we were so busy climbing the corporate letter, so busy being a beneficiary of affirmative action, so busy trying to earn our keep, that we forgot to teach the two generations behind us. And now we have the problem that we have today. And that's why I have a minering program, because I'm trying to go back and catch them at an earlier age to try to instill some of the principles of manhood to them.
Speaker 2: Do you understand this about us as men? We have two major obligations when it comes to women. Two that we have to do.
Speaker 8: We have to provide for them and we have to protect them. Those two are an absolute must. They are non negotiable. You don't get off the hook from this. When you have children, you have to protect them and provide for them. You don't get off the hook there are no exceptions. There are no exceptions to the rule. There are no set of circumstances. As you could pray. Well, I ran up on hard times, got it. I understand that when you get off them hard times, your job is to protect and provide. When you have a woman, your job is to protect and provide.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 8: That's the deal. And I'm sorry, man, but you just don't get away from those two things. Now, those are the non negotiables.
Speaker 2: Now you can have.
Speaker 8: You know, you can have some you can have some other qualities. That could be great. If you're a great communicator, it would be great. If you were a great lover, it would be great. If you were a great a caregiver. It would be great if you were really really great at sharing. Oh that's good, but I got news for you. Two things is just not up for bargaining. Protection and provision that you have to do. I don't know why these young guys and got off at it. And excuse me for signing old fashioned. I really don't give a damn how you feel about me. I know the rules, man, And because you don't know the rules, I'm not gonna stop knowing the rules just because your ass has set up a new set of them. You go and all these women talking about what she bring to the table. Hey, man, if your focus was on what you brought to the table, what she brought to the table can be limited, you understand. But if you find a good woman, what they gonna bring to the table is so much more that you can't bring. Women are one of the greatest attitudes in the world. Man, I don't know where we done got off thinking that we deprive all of a sudden. I don't know when women done got off at giving man that title. The Bible says, when a man findeth a wife, he has found a good thing. Because you know why, because God knew that in order for a man to be all he could be, he was gonna need a her. You gotta have her, man. They the real deal. They the missing elements. They do things we can't do. See all those two things that we're supposed to be shoe ins at, protection and provision, Well that other stuff, man, they got a lock on that. Nurturing, caring, giving, sharing, supporting, loyal, loving, kind, tender. They remember everything. They don't forget nothing. They know everybody's birthdays, They remember all of the attitudes. They take care of families. They do all of that.
Speaker 2: Man, It comes with a good woman.
Speaker 8: But you so busy man, trying to find somebody that can take care of you when it's your damn job to take care of her. I don't know how we got away from this. I don't know how we didn't teach it right. But I'm here to tell you now, Uncle Steve, is about the business of that. You have got to those do those two things. That's what you are as a man. If a woman has the responsibility of bringing all human life into this world. Do you understand the magnitude of that That women are the only ones that can make a human life. That's huge.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: You are here because of some woman somewhere. We all are here here because some woman somewhere. Don't you understand that, Brothers, So when you're talking about what they bring to the table, that's a big brain, don't you think seeing as how you wouldn't be here if somebody didn't didn't.
Speaker 2: Have that brain.
Speaker 8: Let's just be real, So quit trippling with women so hard. Get your sugar honey iced tea together, man, and be a damn man. You were made to take care of somebody's daughter. That's your damn job. And I'm sorry I don't feel that way. Oh man, man up dog, because that is your job. That's your role in this whole thing. That's the deal.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: So if anybody told it to you, now, you know, so get to providing and get to protecting somebody's daughter somewhere. If you don't, you're living out your creed and that ain't my fault. Have a nice day, y'all, See you tomorrow.
Speaker 13: For all Steve Barbikhan. It has no purchase necessary voidware prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit STEVEHARVEYFM dot com. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.