Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into another episode the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined today as always by Scott Bogman and Pat Fitz.
Speaker 2: Morris.
Speaker 1: Fitz will notice I'm wearing my Maryland hoodie because in the middle of recording today's show, Wisconsin and Maryland are going to tip off in the Big Ten Tournament, two teams we are both very optimistic about, he said, sarcastically. I would not recommend anybody watch that game. It's gonna be a sight, you know, just really really ugly, right fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, worm.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anyone will be able to take advantage of betting against Maryland and either well in the NIT, if they're able to make that, I don't know if they're a positioned for that, but I would recommend betting against Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: In the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 1: The word is that Maryland would actually decline an NIT invite because all of their good seniors are just done with the season. The vibes are bad, they're out, like, wouldn't even participate, so they couldn't field a team. It's been that kind of a year in College Park for hoops that of course, is not what everybody is listening for, so we will jump into the actual show, which is as always a loaded one. We are reacting to free agency from a Dynasty perspective. I just want to let everybody know. All of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. From there, you can also navigate to our staff Dynasty rankings on the site. I want to also let everybody know that tomorrow and we're recording this Thursday, So Friday March fifteenth, this week, there's going to be more Dynasty talk over on Discord with Fits and Bogman hosting a live stages. That's Friday March fifteenth at five pm Eastern. You can check that out at fantasypros dot com slash Stages. Go check out Discord anyway, even if you can't make that time, because they will always be on their answering questions in their channels. Everybody's there to help you out and talk fantasy, but specifically for a live stages again Friday, five pm Eastern this week. Also, one more thing to note Tomorrow I'll be taping a free agency winners and losers from a redraftive with Debro and Ericson. So if you're looking for the non dynasty just kind of general winners and losers of this early time in the offseason as well, you can find that too. We've got tons of free agency content coming your way. To be sure to stick with us for all of that, guys, let's drive right in. I mean, it's you know, free agency impact in Dynasty. The the you know, scope of the of the episode is pretty clear. I want to start with the running backs. Usually we start with quarterback just because it's such an important position, but those first two days, especially of the legal tampering period, it was really like the running back show. We talked a bit going into free agency about how because the rookie class isn't so good, maybe there might be more interest in these veteran guys. That was clearly how it played out. So, Bobman, before we get into anybody specific, what was your takeaway just from all the running back shuffling around in those first couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of it was surprising, but a lot of it was, you know, very need based. So we talked about this with Ericson on the flagship, right, and Ericson and I got Austin Ekler right. I don't know if we got anybody else right, he might have got I think he might have had pollared to Tennessee. I wanted him going back to Dallas. But yeah, a lot of big moves here, a lot of fun moves, exciting ones, and I'm happy to see the first guy here move on to a better situation first, so Fitz can quit hating on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, jump right in. I think this is actually when Ericson called as well, and it's Saquon to the Eagles. Obviously, Saquon comes with a ton of pedigree. He's such an exciting player, was not in the best situation in New York. Fitz Bogwin just kind of sets you up here. Are you going to hate Saquon less now that he's in Philly?
Speaker 4: I will probably hate him less. And yes, Like one of my big hang ups with Saquon is that he has not been all that dynamic in the passing game since about twenty nineteen, which is a long time ago. And I don't know that this is going to be that much better for him as a pass catcher. The Eagles had the twelfth fewest running back targets last year, just ninety three. And you know, you have to be a little bit concerned about Saquon potentially used losing short yardage touchdowns with the tush push, but much healthier ecosystem, and I think you have to be pleased with that if you're a Saquon stakeholder. It goes from maybe one of well not even maybe one of the worst offensive lines in the league too, won that. Yes, the Eagles just lost Jason Kelsey to retirement, but they still have Jordan Mylotta Lane, Johnson, Landon Dickerson.
Speaker 2: This is by guard in the league now, Landon Dickerson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So this is a really good offensive line and I think it can only help Saquon.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited. I moved him up in my Dynasty rankings.
Speaker 4: I've got him RB ten now, even though he's aged twenty seven and you know, might not have that long to go before he hits the age.
Speaker 1: Cliff Bob, mean, do you think that the overall touchdown opportunity is going up or down? Because obviously everybody's talked about the fact that because of the tush push, it you know, kind of Robs, these Philly running backs, of those short goal line opportunities. But there's just more touchdowns to be scored in general and Philly than there were in New York City. You think overall, in the aggregate, this is better specifically for his touchdowns or worse.
Speaker 2: There's a possibility toush Push has done. Guys. I mean, Kelsey was the main of that piece, so maybe that is done. Plus you're gonna have to pay. Uh, You're gonna have to pay Hurts a lot of money. Do you want your quarterback putting himself in those piles for the majority of his career? It was fine for two years. Do we want to keep doing it? Like I know, I know Hurts is never gonna back off. He's he's gonna want to do it. But you just paid Saquon. Let him take the brunt of that at the end. He's way bigger. So you know, Hurts had the finger injury in one of the piles last year too, So uh, let's let's give that ball to our big boy in the backfield. Let's give it to Saquon and let him score all those touchdowns. So I'm I'm excited about it. I think there's gonna be way more opportunity even if the tush push is still round, because the Eagles have a competent offense and the Giants have not had a competent offense for a long time.
Speaker 1: Would you have he's ECR in Dynasty, he's nine fits dismentioned he has him ten? Where do you have him?
Speaker 2: I have him a nine. I don't know if I can move him up because I have guys that are way younger than him, and Walker and Kyrone right above him. But he's definitely not moving down anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think overall, definitely. You know, I'm with you, guys. An exciting move, for sure, A surprising move on day one, Josh Jacobs to the Packers fits. As the Packers fan, I'm curious what you think, just you know, from being a Green Bay fan, but also of course from the Dynasty perspective. This was a move that I don't think many people saw coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it coming either. Were to be totally honest with you, I thought maybe they were going to retain Aaron Jones and just draft another back, and that wasn't the case. We know that maybe they wanted to get a little younger at the position. It's interesting because Jacob's numbers last season were the worst of his career, not only the surface stats like yards per carry, where he averaged three point five, but also things like yards per contact per carry not good and PFF and some of the other sites that are looking to quantify offensive line performance would tell you that the Raiders and the Packers weren't that far apart in terms of their offensive line play last year. I mean, I think the Packers line is better, but I don't know. Just watching Josh Jacobs last year, there was really nothing with the eye test that made me think he had tumbled over the cliff or you know, had gotten demonstrably worse. I don't know how you guys feel about that, So I don't know. I'm optimistic, like I've always thought that Jacobs is one of the toughest, hardest nose runners in football, and he can catch passes. So I think he's gonna fit what the Packers want to do.
Speaker 1: Feels like a good opportunity also, right, I mean, just that this is a young, ascending offense. I know Jordan Love threw a lot in the red zone last year, which is part of how he had a lot of fantasy value. But if you have a guy like Jacobs who's done it before, you would think that he would be considered a pretty strong option down there as well. Bogman, again, you know this is you know ECR thirteen, just outside RB one territory in Dynasty. Where do you think you have him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have him at excuse me, I have him at twelve. I could move him up a couple of spots here as well, maybe two ten, like right underneath Barkley. And I think the thing that you saw that was different in Vegas last year for Josh Jacobs was just terrible quarterback play, right. I mean, there is Derek Carr. I wouldn't say is great, but he is serviceable, and we did not have a serviceable quarterback in Vegas last year between Aid and O'Connell and Jimmy g So I think knowing that, knowing they had stack boxes, I think that hurt Josh Shakos. Plus he was coming off, you know, a season where he led the league in touches in the yard. So I think that I think this is a much better situation for him and he becomes the wildly vet of this team at twenty six years old, you know what I mean, because they're so young and we know they can pass. And I think Josh Jacobs is the best part of Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon put in a one guy. So I think he's going to be a monster. I think he's going to be a lead back. I think this year in particular is gonna be huge for him, and moving forward, I think he's gonna be pretty solid there as well. They still need depth, but Jacobs is going to be the main cog.
Speaker 1: So given this landing spot, is see somebody you're looking to maybe buy low on coming off of last year?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, if you can buy low on Josh Jacobs, I absolutely would.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the guy that he's replacing in Green Bay, Aaron Jones moving within the division to the Vikings coming off of, you know, his worst season for fantasy since his rookie year. Obviously getting older can still do some things and help the team, but you know, clearly isn't the same guy he was when he was, you know, an elite fantasy asset. So fits, I'll start with you again for the dynasty perspective, Aging running back changing teams usually not a great formula.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, really good player. But Aaron Jones is twenty nine and he's going to a team that there has to be some question about the potency of the offense with the quarterback situation. And this is coming from someone who still is holding out a little bit of hope for Sam Darnold, like proving himself starting caliber once again.
Speaker 2: The fifth I mean, everybody likes every team is gonna give him a shot.
Speaker 4: But so Aaron Jones did close the regular season with three consecutive one hundred yard rushing days, then tacked on two more in the playoffs, including that three touchdown performance against Dallas. Good player, really good player, But age is a concern. The supporting cast and the change of scenery might not be an upgrade, and you'd be hard pressed to call it an upgrade for sure. So I've got him RB thirty two in Dynasty. I don't know if that jives with U Bogs and ECR.
Speaker 2: I got him at thirty one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's up at twenty six in ECR for the record a little bit.
Speaker 2: Higher there, you know, Fitz and I I've added the rookies so that that is where he is with rookies before the draft. You know, obviously that's kind of a crapshoot, but look, Aaron Jones proved that at the end of last season. They're still juice in there, probably just not as much as there has been. And this is a team in the Vikings that when you lose a guy like her Cousins and you go to Sam Donald or you know, even if they draft what our boy Thor wants and JJ McCarthy, they are going to run the football more. They have to write. So I know O'Connell is a pass heavy guy, but Aaron Jones is gonna get the football. I mean, I really this really hurts my feelings for my guy, ty Chandler. I thought, you know, they're so quick to abandon the run in Minnesota, at least they were last season. We'll see what they do this year with Donald or whoever. But I do think they are going to have to run the ball way more this year. And that's good for Aaron Jones and maybe good for Ty Chandler as a change of pace guy too.
Speaker 1: Worth noting on Jones too, and this might be a knock against him given the age, but he was dealing with injuries last year. Was his first time since twenty eighteen that he played under fourteen games in a season. He played eleven last year, so that obviously led into the overall ranking being lower. And to your guys' point, he certainly finished really strong from a yardage standpoint, even if he wasn't getting the end zone at the end of the regular season. One person who I expect to get in the end zone quite a bit next year is the next guy. That's Derrick Henry in Baltimore. It was the match made in heaven. Literally everybody going into this free agency period said, you know what I'd really like to see is Derrick Henry lining up in the backfield with Lamar Jackson. I shouldn't say everybody, everybody except for fans of AFC North teams, including Scott Bogman. But this was just like the fun obvious pairing. I'm really glad it happened. From a Ravens fan perspective, I'm glad that they didn't have to go, you know, as deeply invested financially as some of the other running backs went. You know, Saquon and Jacobs got really pretty reasonable deals, especially considering with the state of the position has been in free agency in recent years, Derrick Henry two years, sixteen million. It's like a one year, nine million guaranteed and then hopefully he's good enough that you get another year. What a fit though, I mean, I know he's thirty. This is a Dynasty show, so you can't get two over your skis with a running back that age. I just pointed out how a running back changing teams who's aging is not a good formula. But boy, is it just exciting to think about Lamar Henry when Keaton Mitchell is back. Those three in the backfield together is going to be a sight to be hold, bagman. I'll start with you as a Steeler, Sam, but also more importantly as a Dynasty manager. What did you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, I have him at nineteen so, and I had that before he was in Baltimore. And there's a couple guys I might move him ahead of. Really I don't want to because of the years. You know, he's six years older than Javonte, He's six years or four years older than Naji and three years older than Tony Pollind, So it's hard to put him ahead of those guys who probably still have maybe a little more gas left in the tank. But we've talked about Derek before. He is a freak of nature. This Derreck Henry is still one of the best backs. As he's slowing down. He was the best back by so much that it's just hard to It's hard to slow this guy down. And it's a perfect fit in Baltimore. We know he's going to be getting a lot of carriers from Lamar. It makes Lamar more dangerous because everybody's going to be keying in on Derreck Henry too. So it just helps this offense a lot. And I'm really glad they spent the money on him so the Steelers can snap up Patrick Queen. So you know, I think it worked out for everybody. Worm Let's say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was not I expected to lose Queen. I was not expecting to lose into Pittsburgh's That was an unfortunate downter. But I mean, Derek Henry was RB eight and half PPR last year, even with his like taking a big step back clearly from what he had been. To your point, that's how good he was prior to last season. He scored fourteen touchdowns last year. Are you telling me he can't take all of Gus Edward's touchdowns and more next year. I mean, this is a rushing attack.
Speaker 2: That Will Levis next to him for most of the season, and now it's got the MVP next Toime.
Speaker 1: Now he's at the MVP and a team that wants to run in near the goal line and doesn't want to run with Lamar near the goal one. They prefer to just smash it back into the line and let him fall into the end zone. And that's what they have in Dereck Henry. I mean fits again, it's he is thirty. So it's fun to get hyped because of the name and because of the excitement of seeing what this backfeel is going to look like next year. But there is reason to throw some cold water on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as the Dynasty agist on this show, I'm happy to be the guy getting out the pail of cold water. So I've got Henry RB thirty one in Dynasty. But I will say that, look, even though I'm not going to be taking him in any Dynasty startup drafts because of the way I like to build if you are in win now mode and Dereck Henry is on the roster of a team that's really not in win now mode, you should be kicking the tires on him and maybe throwing out some offers. And if you have Derek Henry on your roster and you're not in win now mode, you should definitely be looking to dal him because I mean this, I think this is going to perk up enthusiasm for Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: I do think, like, I know this is a Dynasty show, but in redraft, I think I'm going to be really aggressive about getting him next year because I just don't see any way, given the way this offense operates and how good we expect it to be assuming health, I don't see any way he scores less than like like absolute floor is like twelve touchdowns and I think very likely more like fifteen. Again in this offense, the way they want to run it. What we just saw from gust last year, who I love, but is not Derrick Henry. Like the rush in the touchdown equity alone, I think is going to make him and RB one next year. And I don't think he's going to be drafted that highly just because I think people will be afraid of the age. I mean, do you again, I know this a Dynasty show, but in redraft Bogman. Do you think that's crazy?
Speaker 2: I know, not at all. I mean, I'm gonna have him. I'm gonna have him absurdainly high in redraft. And you know, I don't want to take him because I don't want to have to root for your rappers all year. But I'm probably going to be high on him, and he's probably gonna be a guy that I get a lot, So I will probably be rooting for Derrick Henry right along with you this year, a lot worm, so we can I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to message you about him every time he scores a touchdown, especially against the Steelers. I want to bring up the guy who's replacing him, who's atually ranked much higher in Dynasty that at least Henry is RB twenty five in Dynasty and consensus Tony Pollard is RB eighteen. A bit of a surprise here. I did not expect to see him in Tennessee. Certainly, I thought there were a few other options that made more sense for Pollard. But you know, coming off, you know, relative to expectations, certainly a disappointing season, but one where he seemed to get healthier as it went on. The Titans we've seen under previous regimes are certainly willing to give a ton of work to their running backs. It's now a different coaching staff, so we'll see how that plays out here. But Fitz will start with you, Tony Pollard to the Titans. What was your reaction to that? And do you think think RB eighteen is too high? Too low?
Speaker 2: Just right?
Speaker 1: In dynasty?
Speaker 4: I think everyone was expecting the Titans to bring in someone to pair with Taija Spears and not count on Taija Spears to be like a workhorse back, especially since taij Spears has no ACL in one of his knees and we don't know what the durability is going to be for him. But I didn't realize they were going to make this sort of an investment. They did have money to throw around, they were in really good salary cap shape, so I don't know. I think Pollard goes back to being the sort of timeshare back he was earlier in his Dallas career, and maybe that's a good thing because the efficiency didn't really travel into a beefier role for him last year.
Speaker 3: So hopefully he owns the passing downs again. Although TAIJ.
Speaker 4: Spears was actually pretty good on passing down so I don't know quite what that's going to look like for the Titans this year.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is.
Speaker 4: Health, like, hopefully we get improved health because Pollard said he wasn't fully healthy last year until the Dallas Carolina game, which I believe week eleven, So you know, he had that injury at the end of the twenty twenty two season. I think it was against the forty nine ers in the playoffs. A hip drop tackle, bad high ankle spray and fractured lower leg. Had to have tight rope surgery, which is kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: I'm optimistic. I've got him RB twenty two.
Speaker 4: I know that's below his ECR, but you know that includes rookies, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I suspect some rankers are going to downgrade him slightly because of the landing spots. So all in all, like not horrified by where he's going, even though their offensive line was bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It could be an offense on the rise. There's a lot riding on Will Levis's shoulders this year though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely bog mean, what do you make of Pollard in Tennessee. You know, I look at the new coaching staff here, Callahan, and I think of what Joe Mixon was to Cincinnati for a little bit. I think Pollard has that type of a ceiling right of one of the better backs in the NFL if they give him that workload. There's so many ifs here in this situation, right if will Levis works out, if the offensive lineman can be an improved group this year, because they were awful last year, and Derreck Henry was good behind a bad line last year too, which is kind of crazy to think of. But they you know, they brought in Calvin Ridley, they still have DeAndre Hopkins, and with the new staff hopefully upgrading this offensive line too. You know, I'm I'm positive on him, and I just I haven't moved Tony Pollard at all. I have him in this kind of tier with you know, Pacheco, Naji, Stevenson, Javante. So you know, wherever you want to put him in that group, in my opinion, is fine, but I'm not gonna I'm gonna bury him like her guy fits over there. I'n kerry Tony Pollard quite yet. So not done, not done with Tony Pollard quite yet the landing spot of Luke Warmond, but I'm not really moving him.
Speaker 4: How are you guys, How are you guys feeling about Taije for dynasty?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: That hurts? I mean for me, I think I think it just really hurts because you know, Tony Pollard is a main back and you paid him. You know, when you pay a running back, you're usually gonna use them pretty heavily. So I think for the first year or two here, it's gonna be heavy Pollard tyj will be the be back, the change of pace or whatever. In my opinion, I don't think he's gonna even be like a third down back. I think he's just gonna be a change of pace guy, which sucks. And you know obviously he has, like you said, fits the knee injury, already missing the ACL So I really don't like it for Tysha, don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's tilted more than like sixty forty though, toward Pollard, and even that I would be maybe even surprised if Pollard got as many as But he's gonna just six the.
Speaker 2: Goal line stuff, I think.
Speaker 1: But he just struggled so much with that last year that I'm really curious. I don't feel like I have a good sense of what this backfield will look like because to Boggs's point, they just spent a lot of money on Pollard. You don't do that unless he's planned to use him. But to Fit's point, like again, we saw last year that he was worse without a Zeke Elliott to share the backfield with. So I mean he will get the favorable end of the committee, I would assume, given you know, the money and investment and everything. But I think he's selling more of a committee.
Speaker 2: That's that's my thing is they're very similar, right, So I think if you are super confident, tij, you wouldn't bring a guy that is, you know, that is very similar to him, but maybe just a better version. So that that's my concern about time.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point. Where do you guys have spears In your dynasty rankings? He's up at RB twenty one in ECR. I think that probably just hasn't been fully updated yet to reflect you know, the Pollard edition, but right now he's pretty highly ranked.
Speaker 2: I got him at thirty three.
Speaker 3: I think I'm thirty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, one other player who I think is also aging, but that also might be a part time player. Is Austin Eckler to the Commanders, a guy who in the past has specifically asked his coaching staff for fewer carries, but obviously has been you know, historically efficient, very good in the passing game, you know, going to the Commanders, this was another match that I think a lot of people saw coming given the Anthony Lynn connection. Now Bogman will start with you here. Austin Eckley, He's RB twenty nine in ECR. Is that too high to lower?
Speaker 3: Just right?
Speaker 2: I think it's probably a little too high. I think, like you said, this is a guy moving more in the direction of becoming a different type of player. Right, So if Brian Robinson I still think is a better back than him, maybe not. Maybe Brian Robinson isn't. Maybe they don't like Brian Robinson. I'm not sure. Obviously his new coaching staff, it's Cliff Kingsbury. You worry about carries, but also I don't think you really need to worry about carries because two times the Cardinals with Cliff Kingsbury calling plays were below average. They were both nineteen that's the bottom twenty two and nineteen, but they were sick since seventh and carries per game, rush attempts per game, I should say in the Sandwich years there, and I think we forget how up tempo this offense is. There's going to be plays for Robinson and Austin Eckler, so very very up tempo offense. Pass heavy for sure, and Austin Eckler fits better there. But I still think Brian Robinson is a better back. He's younger as well, so I think Eckler is moving into more of a third down role, and like you said, he's wanted to have carries taken off. I think that's something he definitely discussed with Anthony Lynn before. So look, if he has a hot hand, they'll they'll write him, they'll give him carries if he's having a good stretch. But I think for the most part he's a beat to Brian Robinson, so I'm really not The landing spot is fine, but I think we need to take what Eckler is going to do with a grain of salt because I think he's a different back at this point in his career.
Speaker 1: Fits what do he make a Eckler in the Nation's capital.
Speaker 4: If you play in a dynasty league with me, and you are consuming this show, I ask that you not make me any trade offers involving Austin Eckler, because I will be batting them down like King Kong batted down biplanes from atop the Empire State Building. Once the milk goes bad, I do not want to consume it, even if it's poured over some deliciously sugary cereal like cinnamon Tell's Cronch or peanut butter Captain Kronch.
Speaker 3: Just avoid that with Eckler.
Speaker 4: I have no interest in a twenty nine year old Loston Eckler, who was completely ineffective in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three fits is carrying over some of the serial discussion we had in a recent you know, eating getting together Cinematos crunch is one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Apple jacks brought up. I mean, apple Jack's probably my number one.
Speaker 1: I'm not really an apple jack.
Speaker 3: They still make those.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so I was.
Speaker 1: I was not allowed to have sugar cereal in the house growing up. Oh my mom, who is visiting, So say, in case you could hear me, I love you very much, but she she would not allow sugar cereal. So honey, bunches of votes and frosted mini weeks were like the most unhealthy we were allowed to have. Everything else had to be healthier, So I never had like the Reesi's puffs or the cinnamon toast crunch or cocoa puffs or any of that. You know, Lucky Challenge votes underrated. Yeah, I think it's great. I mean I am a big fit. Also, those two mixed together really well. But that's enough cereal talk. Let's go to DeAndre Swift to the Bears. What are the first deals we saw on that day one of the tampering period.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a surprise.
Speaker 1: This is a backfield that had pieces that people have been interested over the last couple of years. I was happy to get Roshawn Johnson in a lot of you know, second rounds of Dynasty rookie drafts just.
Speaker 3: A year ago.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look as good now, and that they've you know, given money to real money to Swift. But Bob, when I'll start with you again here Swift to the Bears, what do you make of that?
Speaker 2: I hate it. I do not like this landing spot at all for DeAndre Swift. I think he was in the perfect situation for himself. In Philly, it worked out real well behind one of those great offensive line and like we said, everything else poured together and more opportunities for him and all that stuff. It is the opposite in Chicago. Unless Caleb Williams comes in here and is Patrick Mahomes. There's just not a lot of room for a smaller back. I think bigger backs fit better for this offense right now. Like Roshan Herbert is kind of does the same stuff that Swift does, in my opinion, maybe not as well. So I was just surprised to see Swift get so much money. I think this is going to be a similar situation to what he had in Detroit. And I just really do not like the landing spot. I am not. I wasn't high on Swift going in because he was a free agent, and I did not think Philly was going to bring him back, and they ended up not bringing him back. So I just really don't like the landing spot for Swift. You know, if somebody else would have landed there, I think if Josh Shacobs had been in Chicago would have been like, Okay, here we go, here's a main back. But I think he's going to be a piece of this backfield and I don't like that, So I'm probably going to be passing on Swift everywhere if it's where you're Adam.
Speaker 4: Swift Man, I think he's one of the hardest guys to value in Dynasty or Redraft for that batter. I mean, Detroit rejected him after several seasons, the Eagles saw what he offered and said thanks, but no thanks. Then Chicago turns around and gives him a pretty decent contract. But you have to wonder if he is going to clearly just relegates Roshan Johnson and Khalil Herbert to the dustbin, or if it's going to be like a committee. I mean, this has to be a downgrade for Rochan right like there was really and there was very little evidence last year that he could be capable of carrying an NFL backfield, So I understand why they wanted to add something, but boy, this is going to be murky.
Speaker 1: How would you how would you rank the three guys, you know, Roshan, Herbert and Swift in Dynasty?
Speaker 4: I mean Swift, Swift is still top twenty for me, Like he catches passes boy based on Week two and week three last year he looked like a world beater for Philly, and then after that, I don't think he had another one hundred yard game after having what like three hundred combined rushing yards in those two games. So he's still top twenty. For me, that might be too high, but that's just where I end up with him. And I'd rather have Roshan in Dynasty than Herbert just he's got the youth, and I think he's got a versatile skill set, so he could conceivably play on any of the three downs. I just Herbert's another guy, have no idea what to do with anymore, Like it looks good whenever he plays, but no one seems to want to give him a significant role.
Speaker 1: Do you see that backfield similarly, Bagman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Fitz described it perfectly with you know, murky, I think that's the right word. I have Swift at twenty nine. I don't like him. I don't you know, he had scored six touchdowns with Billy last year, So you know, if you score six with Philly, how many I know, I know hurts out a lot, but how many of you score on with Chicago? I don't know. I just I really don't like the spot. I think, like Fitz said, Herbert has to be the odd man out here because Swift and Herbert do similar things. Right, Roshan is your bigger, hulking back that's really good on pass downs too in terms of blocking, So I think it's going to be Roshan and Swift. I don't know what the split is going to be, but I think, you know, like we said with Pollard, when you pay a guy like Swift, I think he at least initially gets the bulk of the carry. So you know, a seventy thirty sixty five thirty five split something like that in Swift's favor. I just I don't know. I don't think he can do it. So I'm not a big fan Fitz.
Speaker 1: Antonio Gibson to the Patriots, What do we making that one?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 4: I'm the original Antonio Gibson Truther. But it's hard to find the silver lining in this signing because it just feels like a lateral move. He goes from one mediocre offense to another. Now he's behind Remandre instead of Brian Robinson, and I think Remandre's better than Brian Robinson. So hard to see Gibson getting significantly more touches out of this. About the only positive is that the new England coaching staff probably isn't going to bench Gibson every time he fumbles, just you know, lock him away and fumble, jail and throw away the key like Ron Rivera did every time. So still, though I've got him like RB fifty eight for Dynasty, I just don't see much reason for optimism.
Speaker 1: He's forty six in ECR. Are we forty six Antonio Gibson, Bogman? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have him at fifty one, and I tell you what, I think I can find the silver lining here. If Alex van Pelt wants to put him out in the slot, maybe a little bit more right because this is a guy that played wide receiver at Memphis. He came into Washington, they moved him to running back. They don't have any speed on this team still, so you know, maybe this is an option in the slot on occasion, but Stevenson's going to be the main guy. You know. I don't even know if Gibson when it's all said and done, after rookies are drafted, I don't even know if I have him as an RB four. So probably an RB five later will move with the offense not being good and you know, we don't know who the quarterback is right now.
Speaker 1: You can probably go quickly on this one. But Devin's Singletary to the Giants, what do we think about that? I mean, obviously the significant amount of carriers are opening up with Saqua not there, but Singletary hasn't really been able to take advantage of that so much in the past. Fits. What do you think about him?
Speaker 4: Not super excited long term, but in the short term, I actually think it's good for him in terms of playing time, even if it's not the healthiest offensive ecosystem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, you know, a good spot in terms of he's going to get a lot of touches, but not a very good offense. So you gotta hope if you're rostering single tear that you know, Daniel Jones looks like the best version of himself and they add some talent at wide out.
Speaker 1: This next one I'm really intrigued by, actually, Zach Moss to the Bengals. Obviously, Joe Mixon is God, We'll get to that in a second. But Moss, when Jonathan Taylor was not playing last year in Indy, had some really nice performances. I had him in a dynasty league where I wanted to lose. I was trying to rebuild, and he kept winning me games on accident because he just kept playing, you know, above what I thought he was. He was really capable of. But when he had that backfield to himself, he was getting the workload, he was doing the passing game, He's doing it everywhere. I was really impressed there could be an opportunity here. I know Chase Brown obviously is somebody that there was you know, we've had some some degree of interest in in the past, but Zach mosson since the Bogman, I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I like Zack Moss. I think Zach Moss is a very good running back. The problem with Zach Moss is that he has missed games in every single season that he's played. And it's not just missing games, it's also the questionable tag, the doubtful tag, the if he plays, how much are they going to give him stuff? So that is, you know, Zach Moss is a highly skilled running back that cannot stay on the field. I think he's probably better than Chase Brown in terms of just being a runner. But Chase Brown availability is the best ability, and that dude has it. He had all kinds of carries at Illinois and look great, and now he's got an opportunity in a very good offense and Sincinnati to possibly take a much bigger workload than he had last year with Joe Mixon there. So I like the opportunity for both these guys. I think Moss is better, but I think this is going to be closer to fifty to fifty than anticipated.
Speaker 1: What do you make of this backfield? Fits? To me, Moss is the type of guy whoere maybe not necessarily going out and making a bunch of offers for him right now. I'm probably not looking to sell him either. He just feels like the type of player where if you had him already, you're about to kind of reach some of those rewards with the added value, but it's not like he's going to be like a league winner or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good way to put a worm like. I think the Derrick Henry signing is going to spawn a lot of trades because he should be on win now teams, whereas the Zach Moss signing, I think is just like the stakeholders want to keep him, and no one's really rushing out to go and trade for him either, So I.
Speaker 3: Agree with that.
Speaker 4: We were probably expecting him to sign as a backup somewhere, and this is better than you could have expected from Moss going to a really good offense where he's going to play. And I'm really excited for Chase Brown now, like I've got Chase.
Speaker 3: I've got Moss.
Speaker 4: RB fifty in Dynasty and Chase Brown RB twenty six. And what we saw to Brown last year was really exciting, even if it was in a pretty limited dose, But we're going to get a heavier dose now this year in that really good offense. And what I'd like this to look like is in Ezekiel Elliott Tony.
Speaker 3: Pollard type split where Moss is.
Speaker 4: Playing the Zeke crawl, albeit you know, he's a pretty water down version of peak Zeke Elliott's and uh, Chase Brown.
Speaker 3: In the Pollard rawl.
Speaker 4: Like I think that is how this could work out really well, if you know, if Moss can hold up.
Speaker 3: Because Bagman mentioned the injury concerns.
Speaker 1: Am I forgetting do they have any kind of name as RB three? I feel like this could be a team. Okay, Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris, that guy has never Yeah, those guys special to get traction.
Speaker 1: I bring that up to say I wouldn't be surprised that this is a team that maybe drafts like a you know, Day three running back as well to pair with those two since neither of them really is fully proven or anything yet. And this is again we've talked about a lot. It's maybe not the best running back rookie class, but there there are role players available, so I could see them maybe trying to get kind of a third name into the mix as well. The guy that's leaving since he uh and is traded to the Texans Joe Mixon uh, somebody who has been a really, really valuable fantasy asset in the past and is now in just a sublime landing spot. But I was talking with ericson, you know, a couple of days ago when the straight first happened, that you know, to what degree do we think mixing is actually kind of washed? I know he had a bit of a bounce back last year. Again, the landing spot is really great. I'm not that excited about the player at this stage in his career. I might be a little overly negative though, what do you think fits.
Speaker 3: You framed that really well?
Speaker 4: Also, wor like man I didn't know, I wasn't very enthusiastic about mix in with the Bengals because there were always the rumors that they were going to release him, and you know, eventually that happened.
Speaker 3: But this is just a.
Speaker 4: Good landing spot for him because at least we have clarity with Joe Mixon now. And I agree he's, you know, not one of the ten most talented backs in the league, even though he's been really productive, a good rental for dynasty managers in when now mo just like Derrick Henry and I don't know. I mean, i'd say his value is equivalent to in early second round pick in super flex drafts.
Speaker 3: Like I think if I were.
Speaker 4: In win now mode, I'd be willing to give up that sort of a pick or maybe like one O eight or one O nine in a one QB dynasty league because like, he's going to be able to help you. This is a great offense. He's going to carry the load mostly by himself. I think Damian Pierce is just a strict backup, So there's absolute twenty twenty four value for him, maybe beyond so you know, even though I'm not, you know, projecting a lot of value into like his third year with the Texans.
Speaker 2: I ask you a player debate here, Uh, you'd rather have Joe Mixon or let's go with Nick Chubb Mixon about Mixon or Zach Charboney. That one's tough, right, Yeah, I mean I I I got him next to each other. That's why I asked you. I think that problem for me fits fodds.
Speaker 4: I had mix In behind sharbon Ay, and upon this signing, I moved Mixing ahead of Sharbone.
Speaker 2: I having two spots ahead of Sharbonnay. So and it's difficult, though, because you know, for me, I do look even in Dynasty, I look in a shorter window. I look for three years, right, But I think Mixon is one of these guys that you have to look at year to year moving forward. Because he does not produce for Houston, they will cut him, and who knows what he is then he might be nothing. And charbon Ay is just beginning his career. So sorry, I don't it's tough.
Speaker 4: I don't have it in front of me. What was the duration of Mixon's contract with the Texans. Did they give him three.
Speaker 2: Well, they traded him, so it's well, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's right, So it was a trade, not a release, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually, I think I have it on my sheet here, I can look at it. His contract with Houston now is only this year. So oh okay, six point one against the cap. So let's quickly wrap on the running backs with Gus Edward.
Speaker 1: Did the Chargers? We can go quickly ad on Edwards. But I just bring it up because there is you know, Kerry's available here with Eckler God and it's a team that you know, now that they've Greg Roman will want to run the ball a lot. Obviously, Gus Edwards has excelled in a Greg Roman offense before. Maybe more kind of like we've talked about some of these other aging running backs, a win now type of player to go after, but I think he's a type of player that could offer for like the eighth consecutive year sneaky value, you know, just based on touchdown equity and the fact that the team runs so much. What do you think, Bob mean quickly on Edwards?
Speaker 2: I mean you said it too. I mean, you know there's an opportunity here. The Chargers don't have a lot of money, They have other holes to fill, so running back is going to be pretty low on that draft list. So yeah, I think us Edwards for this year holds value for the future, probably not so much, but we've said that about him, like you said, for eight years, and he keeps holding a little value. So I mean an RB four isn't bad fits.
Speaker 1: What do you think is he going to be a good mentor to Blake Korum?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Bogs You know, Jim Harbaugh is going to draft play Korum, So yeah, I mean Edwards is going to share work. He turns twenty nine in a eight April. Dynasty leagues are PPR leagues, and Edwards doesn't catch passes.
Speaker 3: I'm just not interested. He's like RB sixty eight for me.
Speaker 1: By now, most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online, the powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager. But the question is, have you tried it? It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts, a rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated. It's not. The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than the standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elites, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure? You can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality Sports Online dot com. Guys. I know we went pretty long on the running backs. They were kind of the story of early free agencies, so I think that was reasonable. We'll go a bit quicker on the other positions because there just hasn't been as much quarterbacks. The obviously big one is Kirk Cousins to the Falcons. This is something that we talked about in some of our preview shows. What it could mean. I think the general consensus was maybe a bit of a downgrade for Kirk, but certainly an upgrade for the guys around him. Bogg mean, what's your biggest takeaway. Is it a downgrade for the Vikings guys. Is it the downgrade for Kirk? Is it the upgrade for the Atlanta guys. What's the biggest storyline from this transaction?
Speaker 2: I think it's the upgrade for the Atlanta guys. You know, there are questions with Kirk though. He's coming off this Achilles injury, so it's not like this is a clean move. So we're gonna have to see what Kirk looks like in camp, what he's moving around like, is this does this get reaggravated or anything? Obviously we hope not. They just dropped the Brinks truck on him, so we're assuming he's gonna be okay and out there for week one and look fine. So if that is the case, which we all hope and assume, then yes, it's the Drake London moving up. Kyle Pitt's moving up, maybe just more in the overall, probably not positionally because he's already so high. And for Minnesota, I mean, it sucks for Minnesota, San Doarnold is whatever. But I think for Atlanta it's a nice boost for Kirk himself. I mean, I'm gonna move him down one spot. I'm gonna move him below Matt Stafford, right because they're both eighty eight babies, they're both the same age, and he's not coming off this injury. Stafford's not coming off an injury. And I would have had I had Kirk ahead, assuming he was gonna Lanta Minnesota, because, like we said, Kevin O'Connell loves to a man in the run. He loves to pass the ball, especially with Kirk. I think that changes with Kirk gone. So I think this is a lot I'll move for the value of Kirk Cousins, but it boosts the guys around him, and we like that fits.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hard to put Cousins in the top twenty five in Dynasty rankings because he's gonna turn thirty six and is coming off that Achilles injury. But he's always been a better fantasy quarterback than real life quarterback, and I think he is capable of finally unlocking Drake London and Kyle Pitts, who you know, not only are rid of Arthur Smith, but gain this quarterback who's proven to be a really good distributor. Maybe Cousins can even unlock a certain diminutive former Purdue wide receiver who we're going to talk about later.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, for sure. Just just quickly on the Vikings side of it, though, are you guys downgrading Jefferson and Addison and Hockinson. I know he's got the injury at all, like significantly with this.
Speaker 2: I mean, those guys are QB proof. There's not a lot of QB proof guys in the league. Weren't, but you know, Jefferson proved it last year. He's putting up big games with Dobbs and guys like Pat, so I think he's fine. And Addison made Kenny Pickett all that money apparently, so you know, I think these guys are somewhat QB proof.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, I'm not downgrading them in terms of dynasty value. It sucks for them the short term, but they've they're young guys with long career runways, so I wouldn't, you know, significantly downgrade their value.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw four backup e quarterbacks your guys' way. Pick one that is at all interesting, and maybe the answer is zero. Sam Donald to the Vikings could be their starter, depending We'll see what they do the rest of the off season. Russell Wilson to the Steelers could be their starter. Sorry, Bogman, Jamis Winston to Cleveland, where we just saw what a backup quarterback can do, you know, if Deshaun Watson continues to be ineffective or you know, not healthy. And then right before we started recording, Desmond Ritter to Arizona for Greg Dortsch, who was just you know, referenced by by fits. We'll get to him in a second. But of the quarterbacks, Donald Russ, Jamis and Ritter, anything here, Bogman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Donald, you know he keeps getting shots, and you know, can we say that he's had a fair shake. I think he probably has that He's probably not the guy, but the Jets were miserable, Adam Gase, the Panthers. Look at the Panthers, look at all the mistakes that that franchise has made. They've been terrible. And then he didn't get a shot because brock perty was busy leading the Niners to the Super Bowl. So I don't know that he's gotten a real fair shake. But I also would say that a guy that is super talented wouldn't be on his fourth team. So Sam Darnold is potentially getting another shot here depending on what the Vikings do in the draft. But I think he's the only one that really holds interest. Sure, Wilson's gonna start for a year, but he's washed. Ritter's trash. I mean, he's nothing to me. And then you know who is the last guy here? Oh Winston Winston and Cleveland is not bad, but I think Winston wants to be a backup. I don't think he really wants to play, so there were other opportunities he probably could have taken if he wanted to start, So I think he's fine holding the clipboard. I think it's probably the best place for him anyway, So maybe there's an opportunity for him to play. But out of this group, Donald is the only really interesting one to me.
Speaker 1: At all fits What do you think about this group before?
Speaker 4: I don't want Ritter or Winston on my Dynasty roster, just no use for him.
Speaker 3: Wilson.
Speaker 4: This at least preserves his value by giving him a home for twenty twenty four. I've got him QB thirty for Dynasty. I don't know if he's the same guy he was before, but at least he's got a job. Donald is interesting, like I don't know if he can be a league average starting quarterback, but there have been interesting flashes. I think it was what early in the twenty twenty one season, like those first four or five games with the Panthers, he was actually good.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 4: I think he had like four rushing touchdowns in those first five games, as decent as a passer.
Speaker 3: Then the wheels just kind of came off. But then the following year, is that one he.
Speaker 2: Had motto or was that in New York? I can't remember the mono.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say the mono was in New York. I think then that was when he was with the Jets. Then in twenty twenty two, when Baker Mayfield the one guy, and like DJ Moore, has played with a litany of mediocre quarterbacks throughout his career. Like DJ Moore, ha managed to produce with like Kyle Allen, and all of a sudden couldn't get going with Baker Mayfield. He and Mayfield just couldn't get on the same page. The Panthers trade Mayfield to the Rams and Donald comes in and actually gets DJ Moore jump started again, So like, I'm curious if Darnald has learned enough now with his time on the bench. You know, we've seen that formula work for quarterbacks in Green Bay. A guy gets to sit and learn and all of a sudden they get a chance to play and they look really good.
Speaker 3: So maybe that happens with Darnold. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I forget when I said this out lad if I said right now Moore or Greg Dortch. But the guy that Ritter was traded four was more. Dortsch, of course, is a guy in arizon that lot of people are excited about. So as we moved to the receivers, I want to ask you about both those guys. Rydelle Moore a guy who when he was in college, we were talking about it before the show fits when he was at Purdue, like there was some real legitimate excitement about him, has not panned out in Arizona. Dorchy's a guy that people have loved to see when he's gotten opportunities, kind of a favorite like fantasy sleeper in the industry. Either of those guys interest you more now that this trade has gone down.
Speaker 4: Man, Like, I don't know, I mean, it seems like there's not any more opportunity for Rondale in Atlanta than he had in Arizona. Like Arizona, there was probably a better path to targets than there is now. I don't want to give up on the guy because I loved him so much when he was at Purdue. I mean, when he was a freshman, he averaged like better than one hundred yards from scrimmage a game, basically one touchdown per game, beat Ohio State more or less single handedly when he was a freshman. It just hasn't worked out for him, hasn't been able to stay healthy. It just seems like a very limited short area receiver.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't say I have a lot of hope that this is going to rekindle Rondell Moore's dynasty value.
Speaker 1: Bogman, this was such a dynasty trade, like a long time week. Two guys just distressed assets, Like, yeah, sure, I kind of need a quarterback. Maybe Ritter will have a shot, Oh yeah, okay, maybe more kind of fixing out. It feels like a dynasty league trade that just happened in the real NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rondo Moore would rank fifth of guys with his last name at wide receiver in the NFL, DJ Moore, Elijah Moore, Sky Moore. I mean you're putting him behind Sky. Really, I'd put him behind Sky. I'd put him behind Chris Moore as well.
Speaker 3: So geez.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, Rondo Moore is done. I maybe Atlanta unlocked something. He just doesn't have the speed to separate any small He can't make contested catches, which makes him nothing in the NFL. Moved a running back. Uh so I don't. I don't know what he's look, you know the same it's a whole different regime. But this is the same franchise that put Patterson at running back, So maybe they want to do that with Rondelle Moore. I don't know, but he ain't a wide receiver. I know that.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's jump ahead to We'll skip some of the bigger wide receiver names for the time being and go to Darnell Mooney, who also is going to Atlanta. Seems like a really good fit in terms of can maybe get some defensive interest but not take two many targets away from like Drake London or Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 2: So kind of a perfect fit.
Speaker 1: I think as a complimentary piece in terms of what Dynasty managers are looking for out of their stars, right Bogman, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I think this is a good landing spot for him. I mean, how many you know of those compilations did we see of you know him wide open and then just be overthrown by whoever fields or whoever was quarterbacking in Chicago. So I do think there's an opportunity for Mooney here in Atlanta to be something. I'm still gonna have him like in the sixties. Probably among the wide receiver is deep, and we have a big class coming in two So in terms of value it's not high, But in terms of upside, there is a lot with Mooney. There is nothing with Rondo Moore.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, it's Mooney is down at wide receiver seventy eight in dynasty. Any interest in bumping him.
Speaker 4: Up or I've got him sixty five? Mooney is an underrated wide receiver and I like this signing a lot for Atlanta. I think it's gonna help them, But it is hard to see targets being anything but sparse for Mooney.
Speaker 3: With you know, London pits.
Speaker 4: It just it seems like Mooney is gonna have a boombust profile because he's not gonna be targeted heavily. There're gonna be some splash plays in big games, but it's gonna be really hard to predict him. I'd rather have him in best Ball dynasty than in managed league dynasty, where you have to set a lineup every week.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the biggest wide receiver move Calvin Ridley. I get a surprise. It seemed like the Jags. It seemed like maybe the Patriots were in on them. He goes to the Ty four years, ninety two million, very big deal, bog mean. Fitz and I have talked a bit about Ridley on a you know, quick recap microcast yesterday from day three R free agency. So I want to start with you and get your opinion on this deal.
Speaker 2: I think this is good for Tennessee. I don't know if it's good for Ridley. It's fine for Ridley. I also find it funny that, you know, all the memes we've seen is, hey, look the Titans for plus eighteen hundred to get Calvin Ridley and he winds up there. That's strange. But there's that, and then there's also you know, just the fact that I think he can come in here and be a number one and be the number one four Will Levis. So they also didn't they trade Agent Brown because he wanted one hundred mil for four years. They gave Calvin Ridley ninety six. I mean, I think you might have messed up there, Tennessee, which is why Mike Frable has gone now. But look, just the landing spot is fine for Calvin Ridley. I think it's fairly lateral because Trevor Lawrence and Jack did not look good last year. So I think it's a good spot for him to potentially be a number one. Uh, but it's not super exciting. It's fine. It's very lateral to me.
Speaker 1: What do you make Bogman quickly of Levice right now in Dynasty because he had occasional flashes, he was a guy that's pretty divisive during the draft process. He now is throwing to DeAndre Hopkins at Calva Ridley. He now has both Spears and Tony Pollard in the backfield, the skills, and they are going to draft an offensive lineman in the top ten. You have to believe like there are a lot of pieces in place for him to take a step forward if he has it in him to do so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, you know it's gonna be how quickly he picks up this offense, right, and that that is the big thing with him is we know he has everything that's unteachable. He can run, he has a gigantic arm, So it's about the processing. It's about being able to fit, and it's about being able to make throws in the pocket and not bail out real fast. So there's a lot going into his development. But if you are going to develop a guy like Will Levis, you have to surround him with talent, and I think the Titans are moving towards that, So I think it's a smart idea. I think adding a guy like Ridley helps the overall offense and it helps your quarterback too, So I like this move for him a lot fits.
Speaker 1: We already reacted to this on Yesay's microcasts, but from a Dynasty perspective, quickly, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I like it for Levis, but I don't see any silver lining for Ridley's value with this signing.
Speaker 3: He goes to a team.
Speaker 4: That already has a very well established, accomplished wide receiver, and one that has an unproven quarterback. I mean, we saw Will Levlis lighted up in his debut last year four touchdowns, and the rest of the season was like the Chris Farley meme where he's like really excited and then it just turns to like.
Speaker 2: Jojo the Idiots Circus disappointment.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like, I just I don't see how this really helps Calvin Ridley's value.
Speaker 3: He's twenty nine.
Speaker 4: What he gave us last year wasn't a bad performance, but it was definitely below superstar level. So I'm just I'm not excited about this.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the guy that is now in Jacksonville replacing Calvin Ridley, and that's Gabe Davis. This is another guy who bogged me we talked about last week. If he couldn't figure it out with Josh Allen, how is he going to figure it out somewhere else? He's now attempting to with the guy who has all the talent in the world and Trevor Lawrence but hasn't quite taken that next leap yet. What do you make of Davis's dynasty value in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: It's not good, you know, I think exactly what you said is we can't figure it out with Josh Allen, how you're going to figure out anywhere else? Right? So, I mean maybe Trevor Lawrence has more touch on those downfield throws, but he has not looked good. He's not lived up to his hype. I guess I should say it's not that he hasn't been good, he just definitely has not been the next chosen one that we all thought he was going to be when he came out of Clemson. So a good spot. You're fourth in the pecking order in terms maybe fifth in pecking order in terms of receptions, behind say Jones, Christian Kirk, Evan Ingram, and probably drives et In as well. So I do not like the spot for him at all.
Speaker 1: Fitz I was surprised to see that Gave Davis is still only twenty four. He'll be twenty five in a couple of weeks, so he'll be twenty five byutes time the season starts, obviously, but still just twenty four years old. I mean, he there's time right there. He could maybe figure it out if if Lawrence kind of also takes the leap and he gets used more. I mean it's kind of hard to get used more than being the number two receiver in that Bill's offense. But I guess I'm just trying to kind of grasping at straws here for some optimism.
Speaker 4: Well, think back to that playoff game against the Chiefs. Like a guy who stinks could not have that sort of a game, So it's not a bad landing spot. I probably like Trevor Lawrence and have more optimism for him than Bogman does. But I guess the issue with Gabe Davis has been his ability to earn targets, and I don't know if he all of a sudden becomes a pro and at target earner in Jacksonville. So like Darnell Mooney, he is a guy I'd rather having a best ball dynasty league than in a managed league where you have to decide whether to start him every week.
Speaker 1: That performance in the playoffs against Kansas City, that was such a prime example of like signature significance. Like if a guy does that, there has to be some level of competency or greatness in him, because that doesn't just fluke into a performance like that. He was dominant. The other big name ride receiver changing teams, Deontay Johnson traded to the Carolina Panthers for a cornerback in a late round pickswap. This is another one that fits, and I talked about a little bit in the micro cast yesterday. So Bogman, I'll start with you again. I mean, a guy who got all the targets he could possibly ask for in Pittsburgh with poor quarterback play kind of looks like he's going into that same spot, but maybe actually coming from one of the places where Carolina is a quarterback upgrade. Possibly if you bake in some improvement in year two for Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: Yeah you'd think so, right, Like, you know, improve this often of line so he can keep your guy upright right that that is the big thing for the Carolina Panthers here, And they added two guards so specifically on the interior was the issue last year. So I think it's very very those were better moves for Bryce Young than adding up bunch of targets here for him, because if the kid doesn't have one Mississippi to throw the football doesn't really matter how good the targets are. So they addressed that first and then they traded for Deontay So look, good riddence to Deontay. I don't like him at all. I think he's a terrible teammate and I'm glad he's gone. But in Tonio fantasy, I think he's awful. I punched Mitch Trubisky in the face. That's why Kenny Pickett came and came in and started the game. The first game that he did is because Deontay punched him in the face. So he's not a good teammate. He got in a fight with Mika Fitzpatrick in the locker room last year too, so he's definitely locker room cancer. But he's talent. He's very, very talented, and I think they were lacking any type of speed, a guy that could snap off a route play over the middle. They didn't have a tight end last year that was very good for Carolina. So you add someone that can actually catch the ball with a little bit of juice too, I think you help the overall offense. So I think this is a good move for Deontay. Like you mentioned, worm probably improved quarterback play even from a young guy, and Bryce Young looked bad last year, so I think it's a positive move overall for Deontay. Even though I do not like him as a person.
Speaker 1: Bog Win, give you thirty seconds on Mike Williams getting released.
Speaker 2: Who cares if he's Dustin done?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Can can I hear Bogman's take on what the Deontay Johnson trade does for Pickens value?
Speaker 2: I think that for you know, Arthur Smith is a one wide receiver type of guy. If you noticed that last year, probably he's a one wide receiver and a john Nehus Smith type of guy. But you know, Drake Lennon was the only one really getting consistent target. So I think it's good for Pickens, but they do need to add somebody else because now this you know, Calvin Austen is the two now. So well, actually Tyler Boyd they signed today, So Tyler Boyd is the two now. But I still think you need a little more juice and speed someone over the middle. So I think they're probably going to add someone in the draft, and they're usually pretty successful at adding wide receivers in the draft.
Speaker 1: Not the most exciting tight end class. But just to name three moves here, Mike is SICKI to Cincinnati, Noah Fans staying with the Seahawks new offensive coordinator there now obviously, and Hayden Hurst while we were recording, this goes to the Chargers. Any of those three again, Kasiki to the Bengals, fans staying with the Seahawks, Hurst to the Chargers. You know, fits, I'll start with you here. Any of those three stand out to you or not really interested in any of them.
Speaker 4: I was hoping for a change of scenery for fan to see if another team could potentially leverage all that athleticism. No interest whatsoever in Hurst, Kasicki I'm a little confused about. I don't know if this is just another IRV Smith situation where all of a sudden we get interested in him because he's going to be in this good offense. And then it's this ad hoc tight end situation with Tanner, Hudson and Drew Sample and Gasiki all sharing targets. So I did move Gasicki up some, but I feel like it could be a trap.
Speaker 1: Bog mean, what do you think about any of those three?
Speaker 2: I know Offent I think is a possible guy to get a little more in a new system. It's Ryan Grubb coming in, so we'll see what he has. I assume they're going to run the ball a lot with McDonald as the head coach there, you know, run the ball, play defense. I think it's going to be the name of the game with Walker and Charboney, but there's too many targets. So Gazicki in Cincinnati. He'll probably have a couple of big games, but he'll be very hit or missed. So not a lot of excitement from the tight ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Also not really interested in Hurst, but you know, back reunited with Greg Roman, for whatever that's worth. I think probably not a lot that was jet packed. We got through a ton of players there, obviously very heavily weighted towards the running backs like we alluded to, but that was the way this free agency went. So I appreciate everybody sticking around to the end of the show. For Bogman and for Fits, I'm Ryan Warmley. We'll see you again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy pros Dnasty Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At, Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com. Slash Fantasy pros,