Speaker 1: It's bringing Jeffrey in the Morning and welcome to the podcast Exclusive.
Speaker 2: Today, we are doing a very.
Speaker 1: Exciting gen Z versus classic movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my God.
Speaker 1: We talked about it last week because jose and I were both shocked that Alexis had never seen Wayne's World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the movie she had like kind of seen in SML. Maybe I don't think I haven't.
Speaker 4: No, she had no idea. She had no idea.
Speaker 1: So we had her watch it this week and before we get into anything, what did you think the film was about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I thought it was just kind of like two stoners who are in a band.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know what happens. After that, I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, all right, I'm always curious because, like I know, right now, you've got your roommate.
Speaker 4: At your house is like her sister is sleeping on her count saying with us.
Speaker 2: There's four of us total in the home in a t.
Speaker 4: Two people on the couch, okay, and neither are paying rent.
Speaker 2: No, what is this a welcome home? You are very welcome. Just leave on my couch. Max. Here's my question.
Speaker 1: So, now you've got three other people locked into probably watching this movie, which is.
Speaker 4: How did they react when you told them that you were all going to watch Wayne's Worth?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: So, actually they hadn't seen it.
Speaker 4: Oh they hadn't.
Speaker 3: No, I seen it, So that's good that you guys can all watch it.
Speaker 2: Except they didn't watch it with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they wanted to watch Crazy Anatomy instead.
Speaker 2: So I did watch this alone in my bedroom. I'm gonna say, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like this movie would be less funny if you watched it by yourself. Yeah. I agree. You're in the homies, so I'm really curious it says you're in your bedroom on your laptop and my laptop.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're watching on your laptop.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Tough times then tough times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I know.
Speaker 1: You also revealed earlier this week that you like to look up the plot of every movie you watch before you watch it.
Speaker 2: I do because they give me anxiety. I don't like watching a movie not knowing what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But does the movie do on purpose they build your anxiety?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 5: Stresses me out and I don't want to watch so I need to know.
Speaker 2: But I did it with this because it wasn't.
Speaker 5: A very stressful like and it wasn't afraid someone was about to die or something.
Speaker 2: That's when you look it up, or like, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we did to get a background brooke that before I watched it and left to watch it. Producer Boyd. We talked to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I thought I would hate it, hate it the way he talked to us.
Speaker 2: About it, So I blow very, very low.
Speaker 1: We were in the AUK studio and Producer Boyd goes, oh, you're having her do a movie review?
Speaker 4: What movie?
Speaker 1: And I said Wayne's World? And he's like, God, why would you pick that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I put it in her head. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: And then I started doubting myself, like, isn't not as funny?
Speaker 4: So I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes, because you me, I always like to be right, even if it's an opinion, I still want to be right. And I'm like, Okay, it got seventy nine percent. That's pretty good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so exactly. So I was thinking the worst of the worst. It was better than I expected. So did anything make you.
Speaker 4: Laugh out loud in Wayne's World?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I actually like laughed out loud. I laughed in my head to bits because you're alone. It's probably people I would have laughed, but again in my vedroom alone.
Speaker 4: What made your head?
Speaker 2: I did. There's a lot of things.
Speaker 5: First of all, I do like Stacy, the kind of psycho girl into him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Every man ever was in love with me really like the hottest woman that they had ever met.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: For my age, it.
Speaker 1: Was like, I think, a sexual awakening for many of my guy friends when they saw her and wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just think it's so funny to have them having girls like all into them.
Speaker 2: It's just funny concess. I also like the scene.
Speaker 5: I took a clip a sound from it when he got his contract. I think it couse reminds me of me when I get a job.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, yes, I like what.
Speaker 1: You've done here.
Speaker 2: I go to any professional thing in my life and I'm thinking, Yo.
Speaker 1: Yes I see a clipboy, I will sign that.
Speaker 2: So I did like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about the Bohemian Rhapsody car scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Alice Cooper is different than Queen right, It's very different.
Speaker 2: Okay, see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you look about the Alex Cooper scene with Alx Cooper.
Speaker 4: No, there's a scene she's like about and they're all in the car.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 2: Starts saying, all of them joy. Yes, yes, yes, I know you're talking about. Was I supposed to love that part? I want to sing along?
Speaker 3: You want to head Well, it happened, I see him, so.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just wondering for our next car trip together. If you're prepared for when I put that on, because.
Speaker 1: There is an expectation in my car, then we definitely airband and you know headband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I did that. Gus give me the point.
Speaker 5: Like, I didn't like skip any parts, but I definitely zoned out a chunk in the middle there.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the car park.
Speaker 5: I did watch that, but I just mean, like some stuff just happened, and then I rewinded to see what I missed.
Speaker 2: You was the Alice Cooper park?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, we suck, that's what.
Speaker 2: That was happening.
Speaker 5: I was confused because I missed it, so then I rewinded to catch on.
Speaker 2: But like I didn't know who else Cooper was.
Speaker 5: That didn't hit me the same, and he's not big now, you know, like if that was someone iconic.
Speaker 2: Now I would.
Speaker 1: If it was Harry Styles, Yes, I would be in sync bowing with that. Okay, Okay, I mean Alice Cooper is their Harry Styles, yes, okay. So what's the cringiest part of Wayne's world?
Speaker 2: Garth is a person?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: Just like when he laughs and like it's just like.
Speaker 2: When he was like daydreaming and did that like Foxy.
Speaker 4: Lady that my last name was fox.
Speaker 2: So that was huge for me.
Speaker 1: You guys, Yes, people did it to me all the time with the.
Speaker 2: That is so weird.
Speaker 5: I would never have heard of that till I saw that. So there was a lot of points with him. But I liked his dog and nice dog.
Speaker 2: But the hair that kind of matched his You forgot the dog of his was a highlight. Okay.
Speaker 1: So if they did a remake of this movie, who do you think should star as Garth and Wayne?
Speaker 4: It's so hard because it's originally you know, Dana Carvey and Mike Myers.
Speaker 2: Oh so hard. I could see Pete Davidson. I could tell the people I don't know who who also matches him. Yeah, it's like if Owhen Wilson was younger.
Speaker 4: Maybe like someone you know, like Timothy Shallow make polic.
Speaker 2: It because Davidson and not like skate skit like the FNL. They do make me think of it.
Speaker 4: What if they change the genre of music.
Speaker 1: What if this was to Taylor Swift lovers living in their parents' basement, a swifty podcast that would yeah.
Speaker 5: Which also, actually speaking of this reminds me we need to talk about the ending.
Speaker 4: Okay, the fake endings that they.
Speaker 2: Do three times. That was the worst part of the movie. Was it like a daydream? Or so they do one.
Speaker 5: Where like he doesn't want to sign the record deal with her, everything goes bad, the girl's pregnant, whatever, they redo it Scooby Doo style, take up his mask, and then it's.
Speaker 2: The ending that killed me. No, they honestly got me on board at the.
Speaker 5: Movie and I was like, all right, this is actually like a decent movie, and then that happened.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're all right.
Speaker 1: The joke went on too far for Max is Okay, how many things one through five would you get? It?
Speaker 4: Should your generation watch Wayne's World?
Speaker 5: It's so hard because like, I don't think you need to watch it for like the actual quality of it, but it's so the quotable like it's kind of like mean girls, Like I watched it and there's so many things I heard that I've heard in my life and I had no Okay.
Speaker 4: So just to be in on the pop culture, reverence on the pop culture.
Speaker 1: And so when you dress as it as Garthur Wynne for Halloween, it's.
Speaker 5: Still a thing I see a lot of people because it's probably I never understood why. Okay, it's actually because the only things that I remembered in the movie are the things you're talking about, like the iconic moments like the Bohemian rhap city.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the plot.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much longer it'll be iconic, you know, like to my little brother and stuff.
Speaker 2: Will he need to know what shwing is?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot of life left to live in me as all hoping.
Speaker 2: Let's say three z's.
Speaker 3: Three z's. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's harder than rotten tomatoes.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's gen z versus classic movie.
Speaker 1: A podcast exclusive if you like it, would love it if you could follow the podcast.
Speaker 2: We're jests. Well, I'll bringing chance.
Speaker 1: We'll be back one day with a brand new Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: I have a great and safe Saint Patrick's dang. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know what the worst part of all this I never learned to read.
Speaker 6: It's the best