Speaker 1: Wake that answer in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club. Yeah, I'm Charlamagne to God. Justs hilarious. We are to Breakfast Club. India is not here at the moment, but we have a special guest in the building. He's been here before a couple of times. Jordan Belfer.
Speaker 3: What's that's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: You guys are looking good today?
Speaker 2: You know how you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: Listen for a couple.
Speaker 3: Got a big surgery about three rotate a cuff right, and uh had a grabs that took. I had to take muscle from my laps and my Peck's a big deal. But I'm on the men there, so I'm solids or rock and right all rehab something rehab, do that and I do it. Yeah, a lot of golf, weightlifting, and I wrestled in college and I just had three surgeries before this. It was just like.
Speaker 4: Totally wearing tear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wearing tear. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Justin's never met you before, but she did see The Wolf of Walls.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're the real I'm the real wolf. I'm retired wolf, you know, the more benevolent wolf.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was a great movie. And uh, the thing with that movie is interesting for me is that like that those those events took place thirty years ago, but like because the movie came out in twenty and thirteen, it's still on TV. He was like, no, that happened like three weeks ago, right, like like is your daughter still three years old?
Speaker 1: My daughter's thirty.
Speaker 3: I have a grandson. So it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think after where you got the wolf from? Where did the wolf come from?
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, the wolf came from a show you don't watch, Jolligan's Island, Okay, So I mean the character Thirst and how the third is nickname was the Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 1: So it's like a joke about that. Yeah yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 4: So about the movie, how much of it was like really vinced? Like was it that? Was any of it add ons or like?
Speaker 3: So I was saying, like I said, ninety percent of it was true and this stuff and my life was probably even more insane because it was stuff that you just couldn't put on screen, would be X ray.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not bad, right, but the stuff that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't true, it was a lot of like characters, well like there collapse three people's actions into one character like Danny character got it was bad. Danny did it right? You know that was a diy Jonah Hill character, right, and they moved the tomeline around, but by and large it was really accurate.
Speaker 2: You know, you got a new book out called The Wolf of Investing. What came out fall the last year. My inside is playbook for making a fortune on Wall Street. You know the first thing people will say is why should you listen to him?
Speaker 1: Question? Big question.
Speaker 3: I think that you know, on some level, you know who better to expose what's going on on Wall Street? And someone that made the mistakes was parted on the inside, and and I think, you know, it's funny people say, you don't why don't you have a write.
Speaker 1: About the stock book? And I never did before.
Speaker 3: So my all my books about before was a bit about sales or my life story. Right. But you know, obviously I have massive knowledge about Wall Street around one of the largest drums on Wall Street in the nineties, the in the you know, IPO market.
Speaker 1: But I never thought of writing a book.
Speaker 3: But I think over the last since I started going out in two thousand and eight around the world and teaching sales and entrepreneurship, ethical sales, and I really helped millions and millions of people. And I think I've rebuilt my reputation to the point where I have a very large fan base who trusts me, and I've helped so many people. Like when I walk around people, so you changed my life, you change as I walk around people always if you changed my life. You know, I went into this business closing why Entrepreneurship, and I felt that it was like, you know, I felt comfortable enough.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to talk about investing.
Speaker 3: And I when I started writing the book, and I wrote what I considered to be the surest book of investing in they ha'ds so like unarguably the right way for someone to get welthing in the stock market. And it's eft opposite of everything I did back by the way, it's like the opposite of what I did when I actually went to check, like I was, you know, manipulating stocks.
Speaker 1: It's smaller stocks.
Speaker 3: The advice I'm giving in this book is really honestly, it's for any person of any age. Obviously the younger you thought, the better. But the thesis is as files, there's nothing any of that's revolutionary. It's just I wrote it in a really funny kind of laughed out loud, irreverent way, so people would kind of turn the page you made into a store because the truth is the best advice for investings out there. There's nothing you have to It's like I didn't do some analysis, like oh, eureka, I have this way. It's not like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, really, even with all this new stuff like bitcoin and you know, like that.
Speaker 3: So I listen in the book, I these two main investments I talk about. One is the S and P five hundred, which is an index, and so instead of buying just a random stock and try to trade in and out, which is a sucker's game by the way, right, And and what really bothers me and I have this big thing about cnbcing there and how they basically are like the worst thing that ever happened to the average investments.
Speaker 1: If you watch the CNBC, you'll.
Speaker 3: Think you can trade in and out of stocks short term to make money. And the fact is that the scientific academic studies going back to nineteen hundred that says it's virtually impossible.
Speaker 1: To make to beat the S and P. It's just like a pot.
Speaker 3: There's a few people that can do it right, and they're not taking It's like Warren Buffet if fews very few. No one could beat the S and P buy and launch, right, But if you watch the show, you'll think that's the best way to trade. To trade, go from oil into into crypto, from crypto into tech stocks, from tech stock into common and you're not gonna make money that way, right, So that one investment is the S and P.
Speaker 1: And I wrote the book.
Speaker 3: I think when I wrote the book, this was like thirty eight hundred and now it's five thousand, right. I also said bitcoin is a good investment, but small, like five to ten percent of your portfolio, right, the largest should be I think the S and P and at the time was twenty two thousand. Now it's seventy three thousand. But that doesn't the fact that I was right is irrelevant because it just as easily could have been down in one year. In other words, you can't look at investing as a one year proposition. I mean I wrote that, I said this is a bigcoin row I was twenty something. I think it's going higher, but it could be going lower. But I figured five to ten years from now it's massively higher. And the S and P was thirty eight hundred, and it might go to thirty six hundred. Maybe it's in four thousand. I an't think we go to five thousands and five thousand plus now. So I looked up like genius.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: It could have easily been down. So you can't invest and worry about the price the next week, the next month, or even the next year. I believe the best way, especially people in that thirties, twenties, thirties, forties, even fifties, Right, you have to take a long term horizon and rely on what's called compounding. So with the S and P five hundred, the idea is that you know, you take the profits and you just let it as it compounds and get you're dividends. You reinvest the dividends, you let the compound over time, even though it only turns ten turns ten percent a year. So you say to yourself, like, well, ten percent a year, how do I get rich on ten percent a year?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: If I put in thirty thousand dollars three grand, what does that do for me? Right? But what you don't realize is that the next year you have thirty three thousand and if it compounds, then you have a bit more. That compounding after it's like twenty years goes parabolic. So like literally, if you invest in like thirty thousand dollars in the S and P, and let's go back thirty years from thirty years ago, forty years ago, right, thirty thousand dollars two hundred dollars a weekend, you'd have like twenty five million dollars. Now it's like, and I just made that number up, so I could be off like five a table, but you're a massive amount of millions of dollars, right, So I think the trap that people forward to when they invest is they say, I only have five thousand dollars or ten thousand.
Speaker 1: I got to make a huge hit. I have to time the market.
Speaker 3: So they get trapped in trying to short term trade or they go on March and they get blown out and you can't. You could start with a small amount and end up with a huge amount if you have patience. That's what the book is about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the key is patience.
Speaker 3: Patience and also that you know you're not going to beat the S and P five hundred. So the corner stone of your portfolio should be this and there's no fees attached to it. You put your money in, you let it ride. So it's like set it and forget. It's passive investing.
Speaker 2: Right, don't even put it in there, and don't even like you.
Speaker 3: Can't because the trap is is that you know, you think that you know, well, the market's gonna will bear market.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, you have a bear market, but buy.
Speaker 3: You go back history historically it's always goes up over thirty years. So listen, it's possible the United States could be destroyed, but we have bigger problems than than your portfolio. Right, So that's that's the essence of the book. But also I go through a very very damning history and historically about Wall Street, how it got so fucked up? Okay, I go through that in detail, and it's pretty while when you read, like why is it that, like, you know, firms get away with murder?
Speaker 1: You guys know what's going on?
Speaker 3: I know, you know, like the bigger firms that I mean, they're engaged in massive fraud, but they also serve a very useful purpose. So they have like this kind of the Yin and Yang purpose. The purpose is without without the big firms, the economy would not run. You need to have brokerage firms and banks to provide credit, to give money to companies to go public, to do an oulysive compancy, which ones deserve money.
Speaker 1: To keep orderly markets. In other words, you need.
Speaker 3: Capital markets and you need a functional batting system to lend money, to raise money, to deploy money.
Speaker 2: Right, how much long do you think we'll have that? Because they've been I've been hearing rumors of potential bank crises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well but you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: The bank there's in the US that won't be bank those those buy them, they'll bail them out.
Speaker 1: They'll always bail them out. There's no way.
Speaker 3: So even like when you hear all this stuff, like there's always noise back that he's six months ago, and there's no way they're gonna let even the big one in Silicon Valley bank, whereas a lot of money they acted very irresponsibly, right, although they be not as they just got bad bad luck and responsibility, right, But you knew the government was gonna not let the depositors, because that's if that happened, I mean shit, like you know it would be so bad. But what happened is is that everyone would take them money out of the small local banks and all you would have is the big four or five banks out there. Right. I don't really think that's an issue. But what happens is that when you look at the success of the United States economically.
Speaker 1: It's based I think on two things.
Speaker 3: Number one, it really well ordered capital markets, liquid can and also that the dollar is the reserve currency.
Speaker 1: That's a much bigger threat.
Speaker 3: I think, like the dollar right now is you know, kind of losing its luster around the world, and if the dollar ever loses it completely, that would be a disaster for the US.
Speaker 5: You think, so with this crash course that you just gave me, because you know, I'm into it, but I ain't into it like that. I just learned a lot in first what you only been in here for ten minutes? Do you think it's a waste of time to even go to college or to take a like class on and stuff like?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: So I think those things that college is two sizes to it.
Speaker 3: If you want I have two children, right, okay, and a step as well. Right, if you want to be professional doctor, a lawyer, or something else, like my daughter's a psychologist right where a license is required. And I think, of course you should go to college and go down the path and do whatever courses you got to take to get licensed. And there you want to be an accountant a lawyer, right, that's one thing. Right, If you have no on entrepreneurial side, QUEU and you want to go and get an MBA is something you can do that. But if you're someone else that like is going to do either into the trades or you want to be an entrepreneur a music as a musician in music, right, I don't think there's any reason to go to college. Well, in college is a complete waste of time with ridiculously you know, pumped up.
Speaker 1: Tuitions that are just asinine if you ask me so, I would.
Speaker 3: Never recommend someone to go to college unless they want to choose that path.
Speaker 1: And my daughter it makes sense for my son, it didn't, you know.
Speaker 3: But for investing list, it's so listen for you, Like I said in a few it's it's so easy to manage your money because you don't need a money manager and you don't need a financial planner except for your taxes. Right, you just buy the most of your money eighty percent should be in the s and P five hundred. You take ten percent you put into a bond fund is in the book, right, bonds are like fixed income, so just to kind of smooth out the returns over the years, and then the rest and by the way, the rest you can speculate with.
Speaker 1: You can have fun.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with taking fun five or ten percent of your money and taking some flyers on whatever that means bitcoin.
Speaker 1: You want to trade a short term stock.
Speaker 3: But the problem is if you don't set aside any money for risk capital, then you might start using a.
Speaker 1: Lot more than five to ten percent.
Speaker 3: But like, if you do that in thirty years, you'd just be shocked at how much money you ended up with simply from a ten percent return, like and some years it's gonna lose twelve percent, but then like last year he made twenty seven percent. Right, it averages out, And basically it's like a set and forget can't go wrong investment in some.
Speaker 1: Level, like you put a good point up in the beginning, why trust me?
Speaker 3: On some level, it was like when I wrote the book, was like by kind of making right what I felt like because I have a really young audience and I said, every kid reads this book, the amount of money they're gonna save themselves by not getting suckered in. It's like to these you know, to high margin where you borrow money against your positions, which kids do all the time.
Speaker 1: It's a freaking disaster, right, So I.
Speaker 3: Figured it was. It was like kind of my gift back to everybody. I think the book really was and I think I succeeded. You know.
Speaker 2: I like what you said there because you know, even when we talk about politics and you you know, whether it's a politician like you know, President Biden who's done things like the eighty six mandatory minimum CINCE and eighty eight crack law in ninety four crime bill, people are asking him now since you're in the position of power you're in, right, those are wrong, yeah, should but that's what it feels like you're attempting to do, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I've been doing that.
Speaker 3: But like you met me when we met the last time with the sales stuff, right, and that book was hugely successful, you know, And and again when I walk, you know, I'll tell you what, it's the greatest thing to walk around the world. And it's all over the world and Peter confeious that you changed my life, Yeah, you made my life better or like also by the way, it's just that even if they haven't read anything I did, just the movie itself like the idea that a comeback like I really it's okay to curse here. I really fucked up, Like I really fucked up. And I was one of those peoples that I'm fucking guilty, like I'm on. I never tried to to like minimum what I did, right. I made like if you're in jail, everyone's like a minute said I like the.
Speaker 1: Fucking guilty, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Guilty, right, so, and of course I felt like shit about it, right, and people lost money. I paid back a ton of money the whole thing, right, And but you know, I'll tell you what the people a lot of young people are older people too. They see what happened to my life and how successful I am now, and they're like it gives them hope and and it's part of also my message.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. And we all make mistakes. And you could either there's two things.
Speaker 3: You could either be defined by your mistakes, right like you you can become your mistakes. I stirred up I'm a bad person, so I guess I'm bad now that's who I am. Or you can learn from your mistakes and get stronger and change and like cause you know, when you have pain like that, it's an impetus to change, right, And as long as you're wanting to put one foot in front of the other and do the hard work. And also I work really, really hard, and my hard work always ad been right you, it doesn't matter where you are, how low you've fallen in life, you could always turn and around. It's up to you, you know what I'm saying. And also part of that is learning specific skill sets. So for example, like with the sales book, right, that's like a sales is a skill that you matter what you do. You're always trying to not even self just communicate your ideas, your hopes, your dreams, the value that you have. It doesn't matter what line of work you're And you could be a mother trying to convince your kids to make their beds in the morning. You could be a teacher trying to convince your children and the value of doing their homework or just education in general. You could be a pastor trying to influence your congregation. You could be God for a bit, a politician trying to influence people to vote for you. Right, But in any line of work, that communication is critical, mission critical, and I think what happens and in any field, like in what you guys do, there's certain skill skets that you've honed over the years. You work really hard to get to where you are. You're an engineer, there's a certain skill sets are quiet today. If you start a business, you need to know certain entrepreneurial skills. A lot of times people they have the vision, they know what they want to do, but they're not wanting to learn the skills they need to succeed at it.
Speaker 1: So I'm a big believer in like.
Speaker 3: It's not just hard work, it's actually it's going to be some that whatever you're trying to do in life, there's going to be a mission critical skill that you have to perfect. And whether it's the you know, the ten thousand hours or whatever how many hours it takes, or being mentored by someone and not trying to jump ahead, which is by the mistake I made very young. I didn't use mentors correctly at the wrong one and you pick up bad habits, right, But if you if you want to put the hard work, and it doesn't matter how low you form, anybody can turn around, I believe. And at least you know, not even rich, but do really well in life. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And that and this book, I guess is sort of like the U.
Speaker 3: And I hate writing, by the way, do you write?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have somebody who writes with me, but I write, like my third book comes out in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, and that's awesome.
Speaker 3: This is my fourth book and I don't I write alone, right, I don't have a ghost writer at all, and help me. And I hate it, but like I love having written, right. The best thing is when the book is done right. It's a great feeling. So this is my fourth book, and I think it don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's one more book, but I got it.
Speaker 3: It's a grind when you do it, though, you know, but you know, so yeah, I think I think the book is is uh going to really help anyone who reads it? That's my uh.
Speaker 2: And you know, people don't realize you actually paid people back, you paid the people that you I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, the problem I had is that it was really weird because I had this huge fine, right, but it didn't represent the people who lost money. It was just like the people who lost money was much less. And then, like, you know, I don't want to get into this, it's a whole subject, but you know, noisy, but you know, I got some letter, some rapport from the trustee or from the bankruptcy of the whole firm, and it said like they had extra money leftover, they couldn't find any more people to pay back. And yet I still kept paying back for twenty more years. But that's spilled book. I never resented. I'm you know, here's the truth. I think this. There's two ways to live life. One is to get bitter and to have resentment and to want revenge. I'm just not liked. I never hold grudges that any anybody or anything. And I look forward, not backwards. And you know, right now, I'm very fulsted. I unfortunate. A lot of people don't get a second chance. So when you do get a second chance like I did, and then you know, the movie was so awesome, right, you know, you have to respect that and cherish that and also honor that and not fuck up again. So like I'm really really careful so.
Speaker 4: We're not getting too Wall Street too.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at Leon and I.
Speaker 3: We ended up on the same boat somewhere about two years ago, and we were kidding around how great the movie was, and like, you know, he said something really great. He goes, you know, I've never seen Marty so happy mart Scorsese on a movie set.
Speaker 2: You don't, we don't, we don't have we don't know.
Speaker 3: Him by I know Martinsese, right, I've never seen Martin Scorsese so happy on a movie set. He goes, like usually he's much more seriously, he was laughing his ass off and just he just had such and the movie reflects Marty's like the humor of it, like Marty was having a great time. He goes. I'm like yeah, yeah, and he goes, but there's not gonna be no sequel. Your life is way too boring. You too, You're too good. Now you're not doing drugs anymore. This is my guy right now. This is my red Bulls instead of cocaine, you know, which is not as strong by the way, you know, but it's more sustainable.
Speaker 2: Is it true that Donald Trump crashed the Wolf of Wall Street set?
Speaker 1: Who's what did I read?
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I read that, by the way, it's passed. I read where did I read that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 2: Kristin Mulatty said it. Kristin Kristin merely me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know its member.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, she played my first wife. By the way, his real name was Denise.
Speaker 2: He said, says she crashed. He said he Donald Trump crashed his set and acted the damn fool.
Speaker 3: Well you know there you go, right, what.
Speaker 2: Did you hear? Martin Scorsese compare Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: Do you no what he said? Come on, man, do you know.
Speaker 3: You know that? I don't read anything about myself ever, no comments, No, I never. I don't have Google or nothing, because I think that for me at least, right, I know in my heart that I do good ship. I know it. I know everything I do. I'm on like, I'm giving more value than I'm getting in money, at least I'm trying, by the way, right, So like, and and there's haters out there in this world, and you have tons of I'm sure.
Speaker 1: You have tons of haters.
Speaker 3: You must. You gotta have something, you know. And by the way, and the haters drive engagement, which is great, by the way, So like I just let them, like I don't. In the beginning, I used to look, I fight with them, what do you you know? They're like, how could you listen to this guy?
Speaker 2: After?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, this is just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Like if Jesus Christ was today and he gave the sermon on the Temple Mount, people say, what an idiot? Nothing new there. No matter who you are, they're gonna hate on you. So I just don't read anything about myself because there's even my wife is like, yeah, this is a great awk. I'm like, no, yeah, I don't want if someone tells me I'm so great, I don't want to know about it. I know who I am. I know my good, my bad, and my ugly and on the whole thing. And each day I try to be as good a person as I can.
Speaker 1: And if you recomment, you can go freaking crazy.
Speaker 3: What was this about Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: He said. Martin Scorsese was in London at a film festival and he said, paneled. Moderator Edgar Wright played a clip from Wolf of Wall Street and he said, some of your films people are punis for their sins, and Wolf of Wall Street they're celebrating. They're celebrated, right, Sked Wright said to Scorsese, who liken Bellford the Trump and his reply, he said, politically the country they elected Trump. It's about kill go, get the money, do anything you want. You can't do anything to me. When he's saying I don't have to pay taxes to a certain extent because I have smart lawyers, he's right, it's true. It's legal. Doesn't mean it's right, but it's legal. Scorsese said, to the former presidents multiple indictments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd push back on that a little bit. I'll tell you why, because I suffered the consequences from my actions almost everything I did not. I did not leave jail with any money.
Speaker 1: I was broke.
Speaker 3: I started from scratch and and my comeback started with money I received from the Wolf of Wall Street book, and half of it went to pay back investors, so I was fifty percent one to investor. So it was really very I had really tough years in the beginning, So I pushed back on that. And also, you know, I think that, you know, I really try hard not to be a polarizing figure. I really do, and I don't know if that's good. And in the beginning, there was a few years ago I was a bit more polarizing because there was things that bothered me about COVID, you know, And I said, you know what, I just stop. I don't stop my position. I'm here to help people, to give entrepreneurial advice, stocking whatever, and I just want to I just stopped, so, like you know, and admittedly my engagement dropped it when you're stopped being as controversial.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think, listen, I think you could love.
Speaker 3: Trump, but you could hate Trump. But I mean, it is shocking that it seems the more bad things they say about him, the more people embrace him. I can't quite figure that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's shocked.
Speaker 3: I've never seen I thought, like the first time, even before he got elected in twenty sixteen, like that thing with the tape ran, I think.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, this guy's done.
Speaker 3: And then when he came out and he's like saying you just completely like nothing, I was like, what a stupid And I was like, holy shit, it actually worked.
Speaker 2: But eventually crashing Yeah, well yeah, when did we ever seen it? Not like it's inevitable. Yeah, like Trump, he said he was a great president.
Speaker 3: Listen. I think that Trump the president. I look at all I can say is the world when Trump was president there was no wars. Now, some of that is could be coincidental, like cause some of it's just luck, right, but there was peace, There was energy with energy independent, I thought, you know, regulations, we were sort of less intrusive on business. And he was an asshole, like he was not he was like he he divided people, but you know, like there's like so he had this his personality was so abrasive, and I was like, what do you like, just stick to the fucking policies which were working. Immigration was was was tight at the border, and I believe those and I'm proving my parents, my great great grandmas and my grandparents were immigrants, right, So it's not that I'm anti immigrant, of course, I think, but legal immigrants. And there's the problem with that because the immigration system screwed up. That needs to change also. But I think the country was in a much better spot, except for the fact that he pissed so many people off in the process, and part of them being a great president is trying to unite and not divide. So, you know, but I have to say as a president, the world, the country was in a better spot. I think the world was in a better spot, and I think Biden's is a I don't think Biden is mentally his mental client think he's almost senile. I wouldn't quite say senile, but although I would say that this whole thing about the her report, right is nonsense, like and and Stewart had a great piece of it.
Speaker 1: So like the biggest thing that caused them naesure is being deposed.
Speaker 3: Like everyone who's got a kneesure on the deposed someone right, if you got something hot, you see the stuff in Georgia, like that lawyer, you could remember any of I don't remember.
Speaker 1: What happened yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Lawyer, So I think it's a bit unfair.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's more seriously the flubs he makes when he can't remember stuff and loses his track on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not as bad though, and they're not as bad. It's not as bad.
Speaker 2: I think it just depends what highlight reel you're.
Speaker 3: But seriously, I don't think i'm as fair the horror Bork like he's er every I didos, I don't remember what they I don't know right, So it's some fair Listen in the country will de saw. But I think whatever happens in the election, and I'm not a fan of Biden not I don't think you are either. I think, yeah, yeah, I just since if Trump gets elected, I hope he learns from the mistakes of like dividing and saying ship that is inflammatory and you just check that.
Speaker 1: At first, I was hoping that you.
Speaker 2: Kind of already went too far past that though, Like when you try to lead an attempted coup of this country, what you said was just a moment of foolishness. So yeah, was two things can be true. It is a moment of foolishness to try to lead in the tempt I think it.
Speaker 3: Was a riot, you know, I look differently at it because like they weren't armed. Then you see a real coup, you know, people come in with guns and its organized.
Speaker 2: Get it right the next time. Practice.
Speaker 3: I think it was an ugly moment. Obviously, was terrible and disgusting for the country.
Speaker 2: Right anything you should, you should? You should? We should rip up the constitution to overthrow the results of an election. Yeah, His lawyers said that he never agreed to support the constitution. You really want somebody who don't believe in the constitution to be the leader.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you something that I said.
Speaker 3: I was the first. I think I was the first person to say this. You go back to my social mediause I have a big video on it. Right, I'm gonna repost this. But right after he lost and everyone's saying, it's fraud, it's they stole the I'm like, no, it's not, it's not. There's no fraud. Okay, this fraud in every election, but that's just whatever. It's regular fraud and there always is, right, but no more than usual. Right. Trump lost the election because the Democrats played an amazing game of mail in voting and ballot harvesting legally like you can legally. The way they were doing it is they had all this early voting, and Trump said saying, go to the on the day of the election, go and you know, don't do mail in voting. So what happens is you have the Democrats have thirty do every day whatever the days before thirty forty days before. Bouts are sitting at everyone's desk, at everyone's house.
Speaker 1: The coffee table. People are knocking on the doors.
Speaker 3: Do you feel at your ballot and get your ballot, you get it, and this commercials ruwing. So you have thirty days of voting on one side and then the Republicans are basically showing up on election day. You're not gonna win like that. And that's why Biden got say how did he get eighty million votes? Because it was It's easy to do mail in voting, so they took advantage of what was happening. It was legal.
Speaker 1: I don't think the election was stolen anyway.
Speaker 3: I think they just want much smarter and more effective at harvesting ballots.
Speaker 1: And that's the new game.
Speaker 2: And nobody talks about the well, we don't talk enough about the series of unfortunate events that year was. Yeah, yeah, George Floyd, Yeah yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a disaster.
Speaker 2: I don't think President Biden wins the election of all that that's not going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so again, And I think the worst thing of it all is that there's two people that like, I mean, I don't think anyone really I would like to say two different people running absolutely. I mean right, so, like you know, I mean eighty and seventy eight, it's not in the eight. It's not age. My mother's ninety one and she's sharp as a tack. My mother like really shocked.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be president?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It should be president, right, you know, honestly, even like it's sick. I'm sixty one years old now, Okay, I don't think I'm as sharpest when I was forty five. Now I have more wisdom and experience, and I think that's important. So I'm certainly hav enough acuity to be president if I'm not running trusting, right, But the.
Speaker 1: Point is, I think that when you get into your seventies.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, I don't think you're sure, just so you're not the person you are, I think there should be you know, certainly some at least mental acuity tests and also the job ages you I mean, so I think it's pretty sad that at this point we have an eighty or an eighty year old and seventy eighty one, seventy seven or seventy eight, right, you know that's the best we can do.
Speaker 5: I'm done with this fucking politician. Okay, So your ex wife, right, Nadine? Or is it is it?
Speaker 4: Didn't? You said no, no, no, dye? Is she still upset? It said that she's still upset.
Speaker 5: She's still upset and that you haven't given her an apology for what she feels like you ore one I want?
Speaker 4: So you know that is it?
Speaker 5: Because are you still upset that she posted something about like posted details about you guys' relationship.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's no no. I think this is you're into the personal stuff here a little bit. No, Listen, we have we have two children together, right, and we've always gotten along really well over the years, right. But she said some stuff that wasn't true, okay, and not that it's not true, but she's playing the victim, okay, as if she was the innocent flower and I corrupt her and they're just like, listen, I'm never going to minimize the mistakes. I was a drug addict. I was wild, okay, and I and I really never cheating her that much. I was with hookers mostly, and I know that's you know, some people have different opinions on that.
Speaker 1: But she was she had an affair with the trick she had.
Speaker 3: She was banging the trainer, okay, so like and you know, and by I did four quaaludes a day, she would do one a day. She was doing drugs with me as well. And I said to your message would be more powerful if you didn't make yourself a victim this whole thing. You're part of it, and it takes two to tango. And that was my only thing, was the positioning herself as a victim, because she was a very sophisticated young girl. Okay, you knew exactly what was going on the whole time.
Speaker 2: And did you have over releaseship?
Speaker 3: No, No, just cheating each other, cheating, cheat it too. And she did drugs too, and I did a lot more, and you know I had to go to rehab.
Speaker 1: She didn't. So I have not no listen, I.
Speaker 2: Really had one one penis, you had multiple quiz.
Speaker 3: I was, I was so out of control and the drug depol But I just I think my point was, and we've already we already made peace in this whole thing, right, But I said to.
Speaker 1: I think your message would be far more powerful if you.
Speaker 3: Take some ownership for your for your rolling it, versus trying to say you're a victim. I think that's ridiculous. You know, I don't think victim works for anybody. I think it's much better if you take responsibly for your own mistakes that you made. And I think it makes your message more powerful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I agree with that. I don't. I think there's a difference between victimhood and when somebody actually did you dirty, and there should be some atonement for it, right, Yeah, you know what I mean, because you wouldn't call anybody that you got over on when you were wolf victim. I mean they were victims, but you wouldn't tell them that victimhood don't work for them because they were telling Yeah.
Speaker 3: But anything that I would ever apologize to my ex wife about I've apologized many many times. Wait long before while we were getting divorced, and over the years we were very close for many years after very many very close.
Speaker 1: You know, we always got along really well.
Speaker 3: And I just didn't like it was succesious, weird things, saying things that were just blatantly untrue, like like online to try to get clickbait stuff, you know, and it really wasn't at a ball. I never read it ever. I don't read anything online. But I have a new wife who reads it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure she bught it to you, and.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, And that was really what it was about. And also we have children together, and I thought it was inappropriate, you know, but she knows what she wants and she apologized to me for that as well.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I think she I think that she stopped doing it and we get along well now, so you know, and I whole long, I wish nothing but the best.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love that, you know, she's the mother of my children. She was a great mom. Sherely was.
Speaker 3: She was a great mom. And I think she always says I was a great dad. I hope she says that, right.
Speaker 4: She never said the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 3: It was a great mom, you know. And uh, and we have two amazing kids together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: I got a couple more questions just about the investing in at Wall Street. You said earlier that America could be destroyed, right, and there's a lot of people who feel like America is on the decline, right, do you think America, the American economy is still a wise investment.
Speaker 3: I would never bet against the American economy. I think I think the American commy is still a great investment. And by the way, when you're buying the S and P five hundred, right, that's what you're buying. You're buying the American economies, the five hundred biggest companies, right that drive the American economy. What I was referring to before, I think the danger and I think it was so huge. If if there's one major mistake the Biden administrative administrat you made was freezing Russia out of the out of the monetary system. Okay, freezing Russian sovereign assets, cutting them off from SWIFT was a huge blunder because all did was drove them into this other system. They're trying to this brick system, yes, right, So, and it makes other countries So wait a second. So we're using the dollar as our reserve currency, and you don't like us, You're going to freeze our sovereign assets and cut us off. So it's a reason for other countries to run away from the dollar.
Speaker 2: So it's Brazil, Russia, India, China, craft Africa are all looking to establish this new reserve currency.
Speaker 1: To compete with the dollar, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the fact that the dollar is a reserve you don't know how I mean, you do know. I'm sure it's so important for the economy because it allows us the only reason we can keep printing money, and printing money has this huge deficit because everyone around the world sucks up these extra dollars. I go to all my wife's Argentinian. When I go to Argentina, everyone is it's all dollars. Everything's being collected in dollars. Transactions are all in dollars, the big ones, right. So without that around the world, we wouldn't be living the standalone that we have. So the dollar is just so important. And I think to drive Russia, do whatever you open to ride them out of the system. It just made them buying yen and this like now they were China right. Didn't make any sense to me, and it didn't. And the Russians aren't stuffing right now. Their economy, I think, is doing pretty well because selling oil still of me like it didn't matter. You know, I'm not pro Russia in there, I have nothing. I've gone to Russia many times. The Russian people are a most amazing people. I love them, the Russian people. My biggest event was in Moscow, thirty two thousand people. Wow, and it's a beautiful city. I love Russian people. Hate that the war's happening. I've been to Ukraine Kreev three times. You know, I'm saying love Ukrainian people, right, but to sanction them with freeze their assets and just making them and eventually they'll get the money back when the war's over, right, But to do it drove them out of the system, Like that's stupid. Could the dollar collapse, I don't think it collapses unless there's some sort of like you know, black swan event, like an EMP pulse that knocks everything out.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it happens like that. I think it's more a slow decline where you start to see that the dollar now maybe becomes, you know, fifty percent of the global currency of the world transactions versus eighty five wherever's eighties in the eighties somewhere, maybe a little lower, and it used to be.
Speaker 1: Like ninety five.
Speaker 3: It's getting it is already starting to unwind, right, But I don't think it happens And I could be wrong, But I don't think it happens in the next twenty years, in and in others, you know, one day it's just done. I don't think it happens that way, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Wall Street, right, How can someone extract the benefits of Wall Street without being drawn into the dark side right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: So the dark side is putting on CNBC right and listening to the pundits and thinking that you can speculate and short term trades like buying a stock today at thirty dollars and cellar to thirty two number one you get. I mean, human beings, by nature are the worst stock pickers in the world, and listening to a stockbroker is just is like idiotic.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what it's.
Speaker 3: The Wall Street investing in thing is the one exception to the rule that we've all grown up with that if you want to get the best result, seek out an expert to help you.
Speaker 1: Get the best results.
Speaker 3: So, for example, if the pipes in your house crack and you have a leak, I suggest you call a plumber, a licensed plumber, to fix your pipes.
Speaker 1: Don't try to fix yourself. You can get a much better result. It's worth of three hundred dollars to get your pipes.
Speaker 3: Six. If your electricity shorts out, all right, call electrics. Don't go yourself and try to fix your electricuty right, much better results worth the five hundred dollars. Right. If you're sick, yeah, you eat surgery. Don't try to cut you cut me open. There, go to the doctor, a licensed, professionally expert to get you surgery and get you healthy. Right. That works in all professions except investing. It's the one exception where the people that manage money and give you advice don't get you a better ald to get you a worse result than if you did it yourself by simply buying the S and P five hundred. They're all trying to beat the S and P five hundred, and they never do. Now again, there's a few them that do. They're not taking your money. They're trading for multi billionaires and it's a closed market. And then you have the rest of these so called hedge fund managers. Those are the rock stars that can beat the market right, and the rest of the people bask in the afterglow and the return suck. When they take their twenty percent performance bonus at two percent matching, you're not going to beat the S and P five hundred. You do much worse. So it's so simple for an investor to get the value of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So Wall Street takes all these companies public, and if they do well, they end up in.
Speaker 2: The S and P.
Speaker 1: Five hundred.
Speaker 3: So if you own the S and P five hundred, you get to extract all the benefits and you don't play into all the nonsense, the noise about short term trading, the latest sector. It's just all the fancy leverage products. It's just a waste of time and it's been it's not this is not me. I didn't come up with this. Warren Buffett says the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: He gets to say.
Speaker 3: All the people are really a sincere and even a sincere money manager your frails. They just buy the fucking S and P five hundred and hold it. And if you want to smooth that, you could buy a little bonds in there as well. You very I hate bonds, but still you know the formula say you should buy some bonds as well. I talked about that in the book. But really the S and P. It's like, it's so simple.
Speaker 1: So that's how you extract the value out of Wall Street. You buy the S and B, open up.
Speaker 3: An account at van Dot or black Rock what they all have these accounts. There's no expenses. You could buy it in one trade and then every month put a little bit of money in and don't worry if it's up or down. If it's down, great, If it's upright, that doesn't matter because over the long term it's gonna compound like ten point two percent of the average and like over one hundred years. Right, it's gonna keep doing the same thing. And there no guarantees, but it's pretty much like that's what it's gonna do. And if you keep making small investments and reinvestor dividends, it grows so dramatically. In the beginning it's slow, but after ten, fifteen to twenty years it starts to skyrocket. You could end up with literally millions and millions of dollars, even if you don't have millions of dollars to invest. That's how you extract value from wall streed and don't play into the bullshit if you receive newsletters or stock just not wipe that you except if you want to speculate and have some fun. But that money is like casino money. That's the secret. It's really simple and in the book, and the book is really explains how to do it. You know a little bit more about the taxes and stuff, and it's a great read.
Speaker 4: You bring one exactly.
Speaker 1: He's got some.
Speaker 2: Wolsting he's keeping having at home for hisself.
Speaker 4: I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I have one at home. I'll find it. I have a couple.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't carry because of my arm right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, right, whole nother arm. I was down then saying I'm a book today. You know, I love the Breakfast Club. I'm a father, a fan.
Speaker 3: I listened to the Breakfast Club, and your career is awesome. And but I love you know, I love the most how freaking honest you are about politics, that you're not like just a shill. And I really respect that more than you could imagine. I respect that because there's nothing more than I hate when I watch TV and there's people are just shilling for the Democratic Party. You're like dead Ball's honest. That's great and I really respect that. I think it's the point. You have a young audience, and young people need to hear that, you know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jordan. The Wolf of investing is out right now, is Jordan Belfoot. Thank you for coming brother my pleasure. Thanks Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Wake that answer up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club