Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, you guys.
Speaker 2: Really are like the hip hop early morning late night talking.
Speaker 3: About this club is the most powerful hoppulart urban radio show in Maybe.
Speaker 4: That's from the Black Mothership in New York City's j Envy, Charlemagne to God and Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 5: Thank y'all for being cultural leaders, man. I appreciate what y'all do.
Speaker 6: Put the culture collectively known as breakfast club.
Speaker 7: I'm always nervous when I do the breakfast club because sometimes you.
Speaker 8: Say stuff and it's just gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 9: Everybody waiting good morning, you would say yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Jess hilarious that morning, Charlamagne to got peace to the plan.
Speaker 2: It is Monday, Yes, since Monday, back to the work.
Speaker 5: We Good morning, y'all hear how y'all feel out there?
Speaker 2: Mane are you feeling Jess?
Speaker 8: I feel that I haven't been asleep yet.
Speaker 5: Red?
Speaker 10: Why yeah, because I.
Speaker 8: Got a my loan. I dropped off my truck and I got an electric car loaner.
Speaker 2: And you didn't charge it.
Speaker 8: I never ever, will ever do that again?
Speaker 2: Electric?
Speaker 10: It's just yeah, it's like you have to know where to go and all that. If it's not If it's not Tesla, it's hard to find them.
Speaker 3: They usually make adaptors though, that you can use a Tesla. They didn't have I guess maybe not now.
Speaker 7: Ain't nobody got time for that? Man, your laptop and phone. Uh, that's hard enough keeping them charged up. Now you have to get to a car.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the whole car drove from my home because I went home this weekend and it took me. But it's only a four hour drive, right, But I had to stop twice in charge the car. The first one was just school. Four hours got me what fifteen fifteen percent?
Speaker 8: That's it, yep.
Speaker 10: And then I went to like American something around around like in Jersey somewhere, and it got me the rest of away.
Speaker 8: I will never do it again.
Speaker 3: Yes, like you said, Tesla, because the Tesla had them charge their stations everywhere everywhere, damn.
Speaker 7: But ain't nobody got time for that? If you got to stop every.
Speaker 3: Well, they used to give you about three hundred miles though, so you have when you fully charge's three undred miles.
Speaker 10: Some charges are stronger than others. If it's free, it takes longer to charge.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, salute to all dance dads. I was at a dance dad weekend. I mean from Thursday to Sunday. My daughter had competition. And when I just say, it's a lot, man, it is a lot.
Speaker 2: So salute.
Speaker 3: It was a must have been about a thousand kids competing, might have been probably about twenty dads. There was no dad's. There was nothing but mom's. There was no dad's there. But I had a good time. So let me salute to Brooklyn. Brooklyn won number one overall in her category. Okay, she from the age group from seven to nine, so every seven year old, eight year old, nine year old. She was number one in the competition she won. And in London she is ten years old from ten to twelve. She won a special program but they only take five kids out of the thousand kids and they take them on the road. So she won that this weekend. So my kids were super duper excited. They're super duper competitive. We had a good time, Like I had a great time watching the kids. This is the first time I ever seen a kid get a stand in oovation Brooklyn got a stand in ovation, which was amazing. I had a great time at a wonderful time, meeting so many different people, meeting so many different moms that listen to the show. So I want to say salute to all the dance moms and dance dads out there. I had a great time. Y'all showed me a wonderful experience this weekend. So, and your bump is bumping this morning, jessin, Lord, have mercy. The first thing Jess said to me when she walked in, I said, Hey, j just how you feeling hungry?
Speaker 7: I mean, that's the crazy part about the world that we live in now, Like you really can't tell who's pregnant because everybody's stomach big.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 7: But it's a difference between pregnancy stomach and like just stomach stummach, you know what I mean, Like that stomach pregnancy stomach sits up right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Fat stomach just falls. Don't you start a big fat stomach. Now you're gonna start fat stomach.
Speaker 5: I sound like big fat stomach behavior.
Speaker 11: Don't start that big There is a big fat stomach, babed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like no structure to its just you.
Speaker 2: Know, absolutely, Christ.
Speaker 3: Well, we got some special guests joining us this morning. David Alan Grad will be joining us.
Speaker 7: Yes, luty, David Allen grid Man, he's starting in the new movie The American Societiety of Magical Negros, Yes, which is.
Speaker 6: Out right now, that's right.
Speaker 2: And also Jordan Belford, the Wolf, the Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 7: Ye, he's got a new book out, The Wolf of Investing, my playbook for making a fortune on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: So he'll be here this morning as well. All right, well, let's get the show cracking when we come back.
Speaker 3: We got front page news testing figure oh will be joining us, and it's the Breakfast Club. Go morning, good warning everybody. It's tenj Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 5: What up tis?
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Dj MV Jess Hilarious, Charlemane the God happened Monday?
Speaker 5: Good morning, FIFA, Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Fanny Willis.
Speaker 12: Yes, Well, we have been waiting on this, or at least I've been waiting. I know a lot of other folks have been waiting to see what was going to happen in her hearings. So Judge Scott McAfee ruled that Fulton County District Attorney Fannie Willis could continue prosecuting the election interference case against former President Donald Trump and his co defendants, but the judge gave an ultimatum take a listen.
Speaker 13: Fulton County Judge Scott MA kafee gave District Attorney Fani Willis an ultimatum Friday, step aside from the twenty twenty election subversion case involving former President Trump, or has her former romantic partner, Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade withdraw within hours. Wade tendered his resignation effective immediately to move this case forward. The district attorney praised Wade as an outstanding advocate. The former president called him a disgrace. There was no evidence, according to McAfee, that Willis financially benefited from her roughly year long relationship with Wade, which included trips to the Caribbean and California, but the ruling did note a significant appearance of impropriety. McAfee was sharply critical of Willis's behavior, citing a lapse in judgment and calling her conduct during a hearing last month unprofessional.
Speaker 12: So now the judge may also issue a gag order based upon the comments that she made at the church at the MLK service that was a big part of the hearing, saying that she was basically Donald Trump saying that this was all about race. That's also another thing that may come up as well. Donald Trump could could possibly sue her for defamation. This is this is far from over, guys. So she has been you know, giving a green light. Obviously mister Wade has resigned. We knew it would be him, obviously you know, would not be her. But there's still a lot more that can happen with this. Congress is also asking her the House of Dishary Committee, they've started an investigation, so we can probably look to expect questioning with that, and just so much more so, many of the organizations that she's affiliated with that she has to be held accountable to, like the Bar could possibly you know, question her as well. So this is far from over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with all that you just said, I wonder if it's smart for her to even stay on this case because she will continue to be a distraction and she will continue to be a target and as far as headlines is concerned, you want the headline to constantly be that Donald Trump is on trial for attempting to, you know, overturn the results of an election. As long as Fanny's on this case, that seems like that's always gonna be a be story.
Speaker 12: Sadly, it's absolutely gonna be a bee story. Even on this weekend, Donald Trump was posting memes and we've seen this meme before with the uh when he was asked the question of has he ever been with her a loan? And then she pops up and you're listening to the Marvin Gaye song and then you know, because it takes he has a big, long pause before he says no. So that's a popular meme that went around. But when you have the former you know, president of the United States and somebody that she's accusing of election interferials, you know, posting that type of content, he's absolutely gonna post it. He's definitely gonna say that that, uh, this was a witch hunt. He's gonna believe that because of this, and in addition to all the other stuff you know they're dealing with in Georgia with the throwing out the other charges that he's had. So, yeah, Charle Matne, it is gonna be a distraction. We just have to be honest about this. I think the best thing is to allow somebody else, if nothing else, to be the face of this case. You know, a lot of folks don't like that. You know, they'll say, oh, no, don't do dad. You know, she shouldn't have a set aside Trump. We have a set aside, but at some point we have to look at what's more important, ego or the case that's.
Speaker 7: Right, because when Trump puts those memes out, you know, he keeps doing stuff like that that keeps the Fanny story to a side and keeps Trump attempting to overturn the result of an election the B side. So yeah, yeah, I wonder, I wonder if it's even smart for her to stay on this case.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was much rather get off myself than be put out, you know. But so, you know, we'll see how it goes. But I'm not sure if this case is going to move forward in August as they expected. So you know, we'll just see. This is one of the strongest cases that they had against Donald Trump. So this whole thing, you know, having a pause for two three months or have a lot of long This has been just to talk about this has been a huge distraction.
Speaker 3: So all right, the lattest front page news. What are we talking next out well?
Speaker 12: Senator Bernie Sanders is pushing for a thirty two hour work week. Want to see if you guys are on board with that, with the same pay with just thirty two hours. And then you know, we talk a lot about blue collar jobs. There is a shortage of plumbers, and so speaking of workers, I want to let you know about that as well, give you some data behind when we talk about all the time in the breakfast club. We'll talk about that at the seven o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open, let us know how your weekend was, what you did, all that good stuff. Eight hundrendk five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 14: Is the breakfast club the morning the breakfast club? Is it your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad.
Speaker 5: Or black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 16: Morn clubs from three oh two?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: How's everybody doing? Dj MV Chess and show Nigga?
Speaker 2: Hey? King? How you doing? Yo? What's that good?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 16: This won't get a SPE's what?
Speaker 2: Shout out?
Speaker 16: My daughter tays her birth that she's fourteen years old, Jadia, Daddy loves you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you're doing for for a birthday?
Speaker 16: Mona took her the Key West a couple of days ago, so okay, probably check her out and give her some money.
Speaker 2: All right, I have a good one. Brother. You sound very enthused about it. You sound very enthused about this today.
Speaker 16: No, I am about I ran downstairs and take my shower.
Speaker 17: Yet I ran down there to get on the phone and make sure.
Speaker 2: I made this call.
Speaker 7: I'm very happy, okay, just making sure all right, brother, it is my shower.
Speaker 6: Sir.
Speaker 16: Hello, who's this Michelle?
Speaker 18: How you doing that?
Speaker 16: Morning?
Speaker 14: Money?
Speaker 8: Bay?
Speaker 15: This morning? I just wanted to tell y'all go morning, and I always did here.
Speaker 8: Y'all.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, listen, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: On this Monday. I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 7: If we were looking for some energy, from our calls this morning to get us pepped up.
Speaker 2: We would we wouldn't be pepped up yet.
Speaker 5: All right, come on, hello, who is this?
Speaker 2: What's your name? Kelly?
Speaker 12: Not too long ago?
Speaker 2: Cali? Good morning.
Speaker 7: You ain't even bothered to clear your throat before you called us. That's how much y'all. That's how comfortable y'all.
Speaker 2: All with us.
Speaker 12: Every morning. Yeah.
Speaker 18: Well, I was definitely on update on how the leg was going.
Speaker 15: So he is. The bone infection has not gone away, y'all.
Speaker 3: The bone infection, We don't know what you talk my mama, You gotta you gotta fill us back in.
Speaker 15: Okay, Remember how he had that leg simple leg fracture? Who and they turned him into a pipline and talent.
Speaker 8: Of care at home.
Speaker 3: Oh that's you, that's your boyfriend. He had a he broke his leg and something. He had surgery and did work out right, and then you was taking him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, most a million dollars worth of hospital though.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, remember she sounded just like that time.
Speaker 14: He's stuf.
Speaker 12: He's just stuff and can't cook.
Speaker 11: A million dollars in hospital buildings in sane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 15: That's ridiculous, especially when I wasn't up.
Speaker 12: To us, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm glad.
Speaker 15: I don't know all of you guys, Ryan take him yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: You need about nine hundred and ninety nine thousand more olds you olds.
Speaker 12: It's just been a problem to take us.
Speaker 16: It's very good here.
Speaker 2: Every morning. Well, thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: The phones are crazy, alright, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vin, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 6: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 7: What's up this?
Speaker 18: Candice Colophone, South Carolina?
Speaker 2: Say can.
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 18: I would say I'm from but Sean Manager.
Speaker 12: You kind never heard of it.
Speaker 18: It's a little small town called bupt exactly. I do you want to be here of it? So you get to Georgytown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never heard of buck for it.
Speaker 18: It's a small town. But you should look up the history of it. It's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: The history up South Carolina.
Speaker 5: South Carolina Okay, we'll get it off your chest.
Speaker 18: Congratulations, just hilarious, singing baby. I honestly just wanted to call and tell my kids to have a good day school to day and shout out my website.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the website.
Speaker 18: Our website is w w W back Gleam Station dot shop. I tell Cosmetics, and I'm just happy to be out of school for this week. I'm a cosmitize teacher and I'm back in school, so I'm happy to have a frame break.
Speaker 2: We off.
Speaker 5: So at the side of the call, all right, have a good one. Hello.
Speaker 15: Who says this morning is present?
Speaker 2: They precious?
Speaker 15: Two times and two months. I got y'all back a year.
Speaker 2: What's up, Mama, Uncle Sala.
Speaker 15: I just want to tell you that I am currently going through or starting the journey over thirteen Sir Court and their quote at the post on Instagram or sometimes the backbone of the strenth that I need and one of the things you posted it's not the world's job to not disturb your piece. It's their job to have underserveable pieces. I'm focusing really hard having.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That quote actually came from Elliott Connie, who was a great psychotherapist he focuses on a solution solution focused therapy, So you should you should, you should check him out.
Speaker 15: I definitely will and be des hilarious. I love you all both as well.
Speaker 8: I love you and should see you, y'all.
Speaker 15: Don't mess with the pregnant woman. We will see will get y'all.
Speaker 8: All right, mama, But thank y'all so much.
Speaker 15: I appreciate I got there.
Speaker 7: You just gonna hang up on the I'm sorry after everybody that called in sounds like Monday, Okay, I just want you talk to though, y'all all sound like Monday?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Off your chest?
Speaker 16: Every I'm going on a Crans transgender cruise ship in September, and I just want to let everybody know by me and my friends.
Speaker 11: You said you're going on a transgender cruise ship fo theme cruise trip?
Speaker 16: What to the Bahamas transgender theme cruise trip?
Speaker 11: Transgender themed cruise ship?
Speaker 7: So is it a plane that identifies as a boat or is it an actual boat?
Speaker 2: Now it's a boat.
Speaker 16: It's a cruise trip. It's a cruise and there's gonna be uh lots of trans women on the crew where we're gonna have fun.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, congratulations, do you what about the transmit name will be there.
Speaker 16: There will be some transmen there.
Speaker 8: Okay, good in them too.
Speaker 2: And the comments and says you shop.
Speaker 16: The whole community, whole community, everybody, everybody, okay.
Speaker 5: In the comment it says you're a straight guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, myself straight you identify?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said, but you know I love it.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have for anute.
Speaker 8: Fine, tell us about it, all right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, let's call it hush clos September.
Speaker 11: Well, it's called hush, so maybe you should be quiet about it now.
Speaker 10: I got a call up when he when he come back and tell us about it.
Speaker 8: Okay, I definitely will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five. When we got just with the mess coming up, Yes, we got more UK news. I sold you all my sources beheading me out to part two.
Speaker 5: What is everybody playing around for? Part two?
Speaker 8: Coming up? UK?
Speaker 5: When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club owing everybody.
Speaker 3: It's d j en Vy, Jess, Hilarrys, Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club, good morning.
Speaker 2: Let's get toes with the message is real?
Speaker 10: Robber midw just don't okay, so and.
Speaker 8: U K News, u K News and UK News.
Speaker 10: Yes, Kate Middleton's seen for the first time after surgery. Allegedly. This is what they claims. Reports have been coming out that Kate has been seeing for the first time, which is like, I still believe it's a lot because there are no pictures. It's just here say, like, Okay, she's been saying, she's been saying. I just think this is another pr stunt because since I've reported this, so many people have been looking for in and out the country. Really, yes, we got people over here like, oh my god, since just told us about it, and now we want to know where she.
Speaker 5: At you.
Speaker 10: Because we're trying to figure out there, over there and over here. It's just another princess dying the situation. We don't want that. They're saying that she was saying, but we ain't got no pictures yet. But it's believed that Prince William got a little mistress. Okay, Yeah, that's what I want. During my digging, that's what I found out as well. Her name is Sarah Rose Hanbury.
Speaker 2: You got names?
Speaker 10: Yes, excuse me, I'm sorry, Yes, And I have connects Sarah Rose Hanbury. She is the marchioness of Chellum Deli. I what yeah, Chalmum Delly. So the mistress has a baby, right, and it's rumored that that baby might be Prince william baby.
Speaker 8: The baby name is Iris.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, she has other children as well, but this one they're trying to say that it may be Prince William's baby.
Speaker 2: Prince William married Kame Midleton.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, so is it really a mistress if you can't find your wife or if.
Speaker 8: You had none, that's another situation.
Speaker 10: In twenty nineteen, Kate asks William about this alleged affair with Rose, because.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something. Rose was in the circle.
Speaker 10: Rose she's like a good friend of the royals and she is also a wife. She one of William's old friends, David rock Savage, that's one of his friends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so he asked her.
Speaker 10: He laughed it off, like girl, no, it's nothing to it when she asked him. When when Kate asked William about it in twenty nineteen, and and like we still have yet you see to see them together, the mistress and will But we know what Roles look like, and we know what Kate looked like. Got you and we haven't seen Kate. They put a little picture up under the headline. But that that picture something telling me that she took that before she even win it for her surgery December of last year, so you know, I mean of January this earlier this year, because she's not saying with nobody. They just found another picture that she probably never posted and they put it of her, and that's crazy. And then also in the in the photoshot picture of Kate and the three kids from Mother's Day over there in UK, her Ring wasn't on. That's what I forgot to tell ya, har Ring wasn't on.
Speaker 7: Ever since you've been doing these UK news stories, there's been a lot of sightings of Kate Middleton and Baltimore. I promise you Kate Middleton is not in the Whole Foods in Baltimore.
Speaker 10: Yeall, No, I promise you, and I promise nobody said it. And I'm not playing. This is not a joke, not a joke.
Speaker 2: Take you serious?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm just telling you what, kay, I don't know. I'm too tired to be playing today.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: Moving on, man in wheelchair goes on a stab in.
Speaker 10: Spree in Queens I've seen that, all right, Yeah, I see that now, I no disrespect. Yeah, I know, I know the suspect of the man in a wheelchair, like I said, And we have the report from CBS.
Speaker 19: New York Police called to fifty fourth Street near thirty first Avenue in Woodside around twelve thirty Saturday for reports of two people stabbed. Investigators say the suspect is a man in a wheelchair. The second victim, a sixty nine year old woman, suffered far more serious injuries and remains at Elmhurst Hospital. Police are questioning him trying to understand his state of mind.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 19: A woman is hospitalized with serious injuries to her face in Torso and tonight. Police have not yet identified the man that they are questioning. So far, no word on potential criminal charges.
Speaker 10: So I'm thinking, like, nobody caught this nigga, right, But then I was doing some hold up hello, okay, thank you. Yes, he is in custody. They just called him, absolutely called you.
Speaker 8: I can't regt im.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, they actually did catch him. They they've been called him, but they just called me because I told, you know, I talked.
Speaker 8: To these people and told him I was going to report the story.
Speaker 10: And that was the only report that I had heard from New York that he was not identified.
Speaker 2: It was not like he was on the run.
Speaker 8: But no, no, they caught him going up a ramp.
Speaker 2: Really wow.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 10: So, And the crazy thing is, I'm like, all right, if you were the second person, how do you see him rolling up on you did the STABU that exactly?
Speaker 7: She's sixty nine years old, and you're not suspecting somebody in the wheelchair.
Speaker 2: But what about the other two? Stab one?
Speaker 7: You think he just stabbed him in a row like he just think he just went down the line on the one block.
Speaker 2: Probably I know that's not what happened.
Speaker 11: Well, you didn't, just you don't know what's happened at all.
Speaker 7: That's like if somebody came in his room and stabbed one of us, you're like, oh, shoot, that's I'm sure he didn't just go down the block stab.
Speaker 10: If we see him stab me and just running like he ain't, it's not That's not how this happened.
Speaker 2: I'm sure these were different incidents at different.
Speaker 5: Times, just randomly just standing people do out the.
Speaker 7: Day and probably you're suspect you're walking up on you with a Starbucks CuPy in his.
Speaker 5: Wheelchairs not walking anywhere.
Speaker 2: You're walking rolling? He was home, said, okay, stop.
Speaker 7: You you know what I mean. You're not thinking nothing of it. This guy in a wheelchair.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well he is in custody, and I hope he serves a lot of time, because that's crazy. I don't care if his legs working out, you don't roll up on them by instead of them.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 10: Okay, now real quick na a CP Image Award winners. I'm gonna run down a few. We had some amazing people win Our Color won last night. Outstanding Actress and Emotion pip An Emotion Picture Fantasia One for Color Purple, Outstanding Supporting Actress and Emotion Picture, Saraji p Henson. She won Outstanding Comedy Series Abby, I mean Avid Elementary.
Speaker 8: That was the winner.
Speaker 10: Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series Mike Apps for The Upshots, Congratulations. Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series, Quinta Brunson Avid Elementary, Outstanding Actor in the Drama Series Damn send E Drees in Snowfall, Congratulations. Outstanding Hosting a talk or news information Show Cherry Shepherd. She won Congratulations. Outstanding Hosts in the Reality reality competition, game show Variety DC Young Fly for Celebrity Squaz.
Speaker 8: Dropping clues Bonar for my brother, Thanks very much, Yes.
Speaker 10: Outstanding Reality program, Reality competitional game show wild'n Out. One Drop a Clues Bonar from a family shout out the Big Mac and the Building. Also Outstanding Children's Program Gracie's Corner. One Drop a Glues Bam for the kid, I Love that, oh Oh and Real Quick. Outstanding Music Video Visual album Sensational Chris Brown featuring the Veto and lo j Y Chris brown E won Legacy Yes, and then another one WHOA Outstanding do a group All Collaborations the Era feature one who Chris.
Speaker 5: Brown How We Roll LEGA?
Speaker 10: I Love you a Christmas I definitely did, Thank you very much. Yes, and don't forget y'all. He dropped his sore, eats and everything. He'll be going on tour all right, and that is just with the mess.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now, when we come back, Tessling figure Out will be joining us and we'll kick it with her.
Speaker 2: Next it Don't Move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, You're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's teen j n V Jesseelariy Charlomage, the goud we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: All right, now, what up to?
Speaker 12: What's going on? DJ and V? Charlemagne, the God Jess Hilarious, the Queen.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you said, now, Odell Beckham, We're gonna start off with some quick sports. Odell Beckham, junr. Looks like you're saying good bye to Baltimore. They didn't re sign them with the Ravens.
Speaker 5: What team?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 9: What? What?
Speaker 5: What's the good fit from Charlemagne?
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Have no idea?
Speaker 5: That was older though, ten years but he still.
Speaker 7: Did what like five hundred yards last year in the session said he said he wants to go to the chief, the chief.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, well, let's jump right into it. Let's talk Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 12: Senator Bernie Sanders is pushing for a thirty two hour work week with the same pay as forty hours. Now we've heard about this many, many times, but but no, it's still pushing and fighting a good fight.
Speaker 17: Take a listen, any full time workers, the amount of time they work in a week could look a little different. A new proposed bill introduced by Senator Bernie Sanders would establish a four day work week in the US with no reduction in pay. The bill would lower the threshold required for overtime pay from forty hours to thirty two hours as a way to create a better work life balance and productivity, but some say this might create difficulty for employers to implement it across their workforce and have potential negative impacts on business operations.
Speaker 20: Businesses are struggling right now with workforce issues, so there aren't enough employees, so having a reduction in hours of employees I think would really create a burden on businesses and organizations getting their work done and doing the things required, you know, to be successful with what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I love it. I think it's great.
Speaker 7: I mean, who the hell is gonna complain about getting the extra day off and you get the same pay, Like, who the hell wouldn't do for that?
Speaker 3: So are you working the same amount of hours like extra days on Monday, I guess the other days?
Speaker 2: Or is it.
Speaker 5: So lesson? People ain't gonna go with.
Speaker 2: That because it's gonna be a lot of business.
Speaker 7: When you say people, you mean the businesses, businesses and the employees and the people that's working absolutely want that.
Speaker 2: But the businesses may not go for it.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a lot of businesses that can't open on certain days. There's gonna be a lot of businesses that have to shut down early. And I think it's gonna affect people. It's gonna affect people too, Like when people need to go to grocery stores or shopping or whatever stores they go to, a lot of their stores are gonna be closed because they're gonna be nobody working there.
Speaker 12: So what Charlemagne is saying is the people who are working are gonna be withing it and being saying with the people who want to pull up on that Friday or this Sunday, kind of like how we already have to do what act you play on Sundays? People are gonna be like, no, I want my business to be open. But let me give you some other points, because there might be some employees who say, no, I don't like this because they're going to have fear that their jobs may be sent overseas. So let me give you just a couple of pros and cons to it. So Republican Senator Bill Cassidy and Louisiana said the third two work. We will destroy some employers and employers will have to shift those jobs overseas. They'll also automate those jobs. You know, we already have to deal with AI coming in and taking folks jobs. They said, this is a way that this can actually make it happen even faster because of the increased expense, and it would dramatically increase prices to stay afloat, meaning so if a business, to Endy's point of it, if a business has to reduce hours, then they may have to up the charge on other things to make that difference. Now, some folks are saying this would never work, but you can look at Spice, Iceland and South Africa. They are some nations who have implemented this trial for day work week for select companies. They also here in America. Massachusetts has introduced to bill last year that will provide employers with a tax credit if they shift to at least fifteen workers to four days a week. So there's a way of you know, getting around it's there. And then in California, lawmakers have introduced the standard work we get thirty two hours. So if that, if that bills goes through, we'll get a chance to see how it looks in real time. So what do you guys think.
Speaker 7: You know, Dubai and Abu Dhabi have for they work weeks as well. I think France too, if I'm not mistaken or I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Like Italy and I know France they shut down for the month of August, Like the month of August they shut down, like nobody goes to work.
Speaker 5: It's it's they totally shut down.
Speaker 3: So if you ever try to order something, like if you try to order furniture or whatever it may be, they'll tell you you have to do it before a certain time because they shut down. It's called summer shutdowns where they say the quality of life is better. I don't know if that's true or not, but I wouldn't be mad at at things like that as well.
Speaker 7: And also does every is everybody gonna have the exact same day off? Like is it gonna be everybody off on Friday or do they stagger it out? They would have to stagger it out. Yeah, if you stagger it out throughout the week, that mean that would ensure that, you know, the businesses won't ever close.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 12: I think I like the solo cons Charlae Man is saying any not man that and be saying, way, hold on, let's go down and kind of see, you know.
Speaker 7: And also we were were saying things like, you know, businesses would have to close. No, they wouldn't because people have days off now and the businesses don't close.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about?
Speaker 12: So what are you talking about when you say that?
Speaker 3: Because it off so usually have said you have two days off, but you know some businesses only have one work or two workers in it.
Speaker 5: And those businesses what it is.
Speaker 7: They stay open, though, is what I'm saying. They're open. Most businesses open seven days a week.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 12: We'll see, we'll see what it looks like. And they said this may not pass, but you know, it's all about the things that you that you fight for. You know it may not actually happen, but you have to continue to keep putting on the floor, continue to have the debate.
Speaker 2: It sounds like I like it.
Speaker 7: I think you get more out of your employees, you know what I mean when you give your employees days off, you know, the reset mentally, the reset physically, the reset emotionally.
Speaker 11: I think you'll get more out of your employees that way.
Speaker 12: You absolutely are you're right on it. And the data shows that Charlemagne for sure. But you know, there's just still the conversation. If you rea setting an AI take over your job, you're gonna be resetting without a job too. So I think there's some balance. I think it depends on the industry, depends on the job, depends on you know. I do like the idea of giving employers tax credit for those that can afford to do it, kind of giving them the choice rather than mandatory, So you know, we'll just see.
Speaker 16: I'm with it.
Speaker 3: I just think it's difficult because if that means the hourly and wage will go up, right, because that means you're not working forty hours a week, you're working thirty two hours a week. You're making the same payment, so instead of making twenty dollars an hour, you're really making like twenty eight dollars an hour. And I don't know if businesses can actually survive with not having workers working at that time.
Speaker 12: Right, that's what they're saying. That's what they're saying. They're gonna have to make that money up somewhere, so they might shift some of those jobs overseas, or the price if it's a retail store, they might up the price because you're right, they still have to pay. This makes them still pay for forty hours a week.
Speaker 7: So you're right, Yeah, and working more is not gonna keep AI from taking your job.
Speaker 2: Okay, when AI is.
Speaker 7: Ready to take jobs, they gonna fire y'all because people to have AI.
Speaker 11: So don't think just because you work more, it's going to keep AI taking your job.
Speaker 12: Well, that's our post positive note thing for the day with us. I do want to tell you this quickly. Go speaking of work, and so we got a little bit of time. You know, we talk about it all the time. Folks call in, you know about plumbers and carpentry, and I just want to let you know. There is a report that says that license trade people who install and fixed bathroom fixtures. The lack of those folks have drained the economy thirty three billion since twenty twenty two. Now, this report says that the US will be short five hundred and fifty thousand plumbers by twenty twenty seven. They said that the plumber short shortages drive up costs for families. It hurts businesses as well because you can't expand new businesses. It also creates delay in floods. It's Also, the plumbing people don't want to be plumbers because you know, the negative I guess stereotype about it, so they're having a hard time recruiting. A lot of young folks don't want to go into being a plumber, even though it's well paid, but you know, doesn't have a glamorous reputation. So they are saying that the US needs more carpenters, electricians and other technical trade people. And employment at trade schools has fallen as more young people are opting for a four year college degree. So I thought there was some good data to put out there. That's something we talk about at the time of the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, salute to all the trade schools, shout to Lincoln Tech.
Speaker 3: But like you said, yeah, we always need plumbers, carping as, electricians and h VAC people.
Speaker 2: Those people are so needed each.
Speaker 12: And every day, and we need to back in the school.
Speaker 5: So continue to push for that absolutely.
Speaker 7: Thank you, tes absolutely, and make sure you follow that Tesla figure on all social media platforms and subscribe.
Speaker 2: It's a great shot.
Speaker 7: No chase of podcasts on the Black Fat Guy Heart Radio podcast network hosts about Tesla figure O.
Speaker 3: All right, and when we come back. Comedian and actor David Allen de Grill will be joining us. He has a new movie, The American Society of Magical Negroes, and we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk to them when we come back. It's The Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Warning, everybody is DJ Envy Jess, Hilarrie Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building, Man, the Great David Allen grizz Bless.
Speaker 6: Up, man, I'm great, man, woke up.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: You look so good still?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Not that is that a complement? It is you said you look so good still?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 7: The American Society of Magical Negroes, Yes, sir, what is this movie about?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Magical negro was a trope that Spike Lee coined back in the nineties, and a Magical Negroes.
Speaker 2: That character we all know.
Speaker 6: He's an all knowing, all wise black character, no backstory, no family. He was just a dude hanging around and he had to answer for everything. He was like, I can fix that rocket ship, you know, driving this daisy the Green Mile. You know we've seen all that stuff. So it's about a society, a mysical society of these black people all over the world that de escalate and intercede in conflicts with white folks to save and preserve black lives.
Speaker 2: That's basically what it is.
Speaker 10: It a movie for white people because the title itself, they wouldn't even become saying it.
Speaker 6: But like, you know what, you'd be surprised the reaction to the clip. You know, this is the world we live in. Nobody saw the movie. They just reacted to the clip. White people would come to me, Can I say that?
Speaker 5: I was like, say what.
Speaker 4: The in word?
Speaker 6: I was like what in word? So it was like, negro is the other in word. It was like, y'all are more worried about negro than you are the real in words. So that was a paradox. I mean, I'm older than you, guys. I grew up in a time in which, during this civil rights struggle, we aspired to be called negroes as opposed to but that was long ago. So it's a sorry, it's a satire. It's a commentary on all of that whole notion, a little love story and all of that mixed together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's interesting though, because in the movie, like you know, they are trying to make white people comfortable, but it's a movie that will make them uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: I think, yes, well that's the subversion, okay, because you know some black people like, well, we will make nobody comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 6: I think some black people want it to be like the Magical Society would be really a subversive, militant group taking out all racist white folks.
Speaker 7: But that's not really the movie. That's not really this movie. But yeah, man, I mean that's what we're doing. But when you make a movie, you wanted to I guess, reach a broad audience, right or do you care if this one does?
Speaker 6: Always? All right? I mean that is the goal. But Kobe our writer and director. He's the first time writer director black. And I say that because I've been asked a lot of times. You know, what was your first question after I read the script? Well, my first question is did a black person write this? Because I'm gonna tell you why. If I would have been told, oh, this is the first time white director, I don't know if I would have done it because I didn't want to spend six to eight weeks and believe me, I've done this well, I have to explain black exactly.
Speaker 2: Man, I can't say.
Speaker 6: This, this is offensive. You need to rethink this. I didn't want to that's why. Yeah, No, I didn't want to do that. So once I found that out, I said, okay. And I like working with young directors of color, young women of color directors, you know, because it's why my way of mentoring in terms of I want to show you how you should be treated on a set as a young director, because I've seen I've been in situations in which the director is arguing with the cinematographer, with the lighting designer. You can't do that. Well, I want to shoot no, and we're not gonna do that. So, you know, I wanted to kind of show through action this is how it should be rung. We didn't have any trouble. It was you know, it was a great, great experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you played Roger.
Speaker 10: Yeah so when you first were presented the role, what about it like got you interested in being a sci fi comedy being doing well?
Speaker 6: You know, I know black men like that. I mean I was exposed to when I when I was young and growing up in Detroit. My dad was a doctor. I grew up around doctors, lawyer's, professional black families. But I didn't want that. I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to be an actor. So I got that he should go to law school. Yeah, that kind of thing. It's funny. My grandmother was born in nineteen hundred, so she would tell me stories much like the one I say in the movie, about these racist incidents and in a segregated America in the South, and as a little boy, I would say, well, Grandma, why didn't you fight back? And she would say that is the way it was. And I don't want that. Yeah, I didn't want that. I'm gonna fight back. So that's that's always the way it is. The next generation, they don't want to wait. They don't want to wait. John Lewis was the radical young voice in the movement, and he was the one advocating we got to yell louder, we have to fight harder. I'm tired of marching and praying. So there's always that friction.
Speaker 2: So a lot of that is.
Speaker 6: Goes on between me and Justice where he's like negroes. I mean, magical man, come on, why don't you magical society of black folks? I mean, do something about the name, you know, so there's all that playfulness and stuff. It felt like justin throughout the whole movie was struggling with belief in himself.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: It all leads up to that final speech where it to me, it really hits home.
Speaker 2: I just want to.
Speaker 6: Live in US society, and you know, when you're not trying to kill me, I deserve to be here, be in this presence.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: One of the one of the craziest lines when he's talking to his white coworker and they're talking about on Lee, who's a love interest, and uh, Justice calls him out about some microaggression and he says, well, I didn't know she was a person of color. I thought she was white. So therefore I'm culding, you know. You know, it's like, what's she white? I couldn't She's biracial.
Speaker 2: And Justice is.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 6: But I've had situations like that, why you know, or or a black person who is maybe Afro Caribbean and they're saying some foul stuff. Well, I don't know. I didn't know. So if I'm in the clear, you know, and all those nuances that I really like because it's real too. I mean, I know I've been through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got more with actor David Allen Gray when we come back, don't Move.
Speaker 5: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning to everybody.
Speaker 3: Is DJ N g J hilarious Charlamage, the guy we all to Breakfast Club was still kicking it with David Allen Gria Charlamage.
Speaker 2: And it's funny.
Speaker 7: You talked about the backlash, and I guess I saw a little bit of it when the trailer first debuted, and it was like they making a movie and it's.
Speaker 2: A bunch of black people with magical power. They make white troops.
Speaker 6: I said, they wanted they cloned Tyrone, They wanted us to come out with gun.
Speaker 2: You know, No, that's not what it is.
Speaker 6: But I was never worried because at that point nobody had seen the movie. Again, you're responding to a thirty second clip, But that's the world we live in. Yeah, it's you know, social media, people gonna say what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't look at it that they were trying to make white people comfortable in the movie. I looked at it as they were trying to be comfortable, like they were trying to just figure life out and survive.
Speaker 6: Like that's what it is exactly. Now, I'll tell you something. This happened when I was in tenth grade in Detroit. I remember a Detroit police officer was brought into a class my classroom, and he walked us through surviving a stop with the police. Now, I doubt if it happens now. So he basically he gave us the talk, and it went like this. He said, you know, when a police officer pulls you over, what are you gonna do? When we were kids, I'm not gonna do another. I'm gonna say, why'd you pull me over? I mean so well, you could say that, but what I would suggest is you keep your hands on the steering wheel and you roll down the window. Well, why you can't make me roll down the window? Absolutely right, But keep in mind that gentleman has a firearm. You probably don't now he's upset with a firearm. I would suggest you roll down the window because if you don't roll it down, he's gonna break it. So we went point by point by point by point how to survive. You can fight in court. Now, you could fight at the roadside, but you have a better chance of survival to fight in court. So those are the kinds of things that I experienced as a young person, and I think a lot of that goes into that character. I'm not that character, but I understand that character.
Speaker 7: You know, that kind of thing in Hollywood. Is there such thing as having to make white people comfortable.
Speaker 6: In order to work?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: But I mean, you know what I think back. You know, I auditioned for some of the magical negro roles. I was just too crazy to get them. They never can Davis reading for Rassus, I'll drive you. I was always too too nutty to my to my benefit, you know. But uh yeah, man, we all do, I mean, not everybody, but those were because you know, in the eighties there was Eddie Murphy was before Spike Lee and these other voices. Uh he was the black comic lead, you know, who took over for Richard Pryor. But now we have all these black creators, black female creators, say Ava du Vernay, who's a revolutionary, you know, So we have more voices. That makes it healthier. The one question I hate is, you know, Charlemagne, what do all black people think, Lord Charlemagne, Charlemagne, what do all black people want? Charlamagne, Charlamine? Who are all black people going to vote for I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not all black, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I encourage everyone to vote. I'm not sitting here trying to tell you who are what to vote for. But we have a healthier democracy when more people participate.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm met.
Speaker 8: Speaking of voices, you are the voice of the Oscar.
Speaker 6: That you know, it was so much fun.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm old friends with Jimmy Kimmel, And first of all, I defy you to tell me who was the voice last year. So you have been offered a job like it was really great, but you don't even know what the job is. Yeah, So my first question was, well, how many tickets do I get?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the party.
Speaker 6: You know, I have a sixteen year old daughter, and when she was a little girl, she said, Daddy, take me to the Oscars. And if you have little kids, they think you could do every thing. I was like, okay, I mean, but you got to get a movie, and you got to finance the movie, and you got to cast me Daddy in the lead in the movie, and then you gotta hope Daddy gets nominated for an Oscar. Then we all gonna go to the Oscars, and she was like, you so silly. So it was great to take her to the Oscars and we had a great evening and it turned out to be a ball man. I mean, my job was not to screw up anybody's name and don't mess up the name of the movie. Yeah, but I didn't really, I wasn't on under pressure. It was you know, I'm cool. It was really really fun though.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 7: What do you think about people supporting this movie like the American Society of Magical Negroes. When you hear that automatically all black people feel like they should go out and support this film, what do you feel like if they don't listen.
Speaker 6: I would not be here if I didn't believe in the movie. I would say go watch it. If you don't want to watch it, that's fine. I ain't gonna come to your house and you know, kill you. We all have a choice. It should be an evening of entertainment, and a great viewing experience is one that elongates a conversation because you know, good and well, if you see a great show or if you see a great movie, what are you gonna do? You're gonna text your friends you're gonna tell your loved ones. Man, you gotta come see this. So if we're successful, that's what should happen. And again, I you know, I think the movie's really funny. It's a new voice, a new black voice that I really love to support. And hopefully he will hire me again, you know. But that's what I'm here.
Speaker 11: And also it made me think like the magical Negro trope.
Speaker 7: And I know Spike Lee made it up, but isn't that something that like white people think in a way, It's like like Barack Obama is a magical need.
Speaker 6: They but they they created it. We didn't create it. We didn't create that. No white people did. And traditionally to have that character with that is not a whole human that is like a spirit, a cipher. I mean, this is like an angelic figure.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: That's not what we wanted. What we wanted is to be included as whole people, whole human beings. But ultimately, you can't depend on someone else to tell your story. You have to tell it yourself. Now, the way it used to be, we weren't allowed to tell it ourselves. And I still got up until a few years ago, David we like your idea, but it's not us. It's the international market. You know, Black movies are very hard to sell this and that, so there's still all of that out there. But in fact, mixed race casts of big movies are the biggest sellers in the world market. The Fast and Furious franchise Say What you Want has the most diverse cast probably of any franchise, and it is the biggest selling And one of the reasons is that. Okay, so for a long time we were sold a story that was not true, and we're changing. I say, we the industry, they whatever you want to call it, not enough, but we're changing.
Speaker 2: You know. I think Holly lies.
Speaker 7: And the reason I say Hollywood lies, they do because they see They'll say, oh, you know, it's it's it's about the money.
Speaker 6: But I know, I think your bias is trump the money a lot of times. Well also power.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: I remember when Barack Obama was first elected and I was watching I think it was in an MSNBC, and the reporters were just giddy because it's a fact that the electorate is changing and becoming blacker and browner every day, and Yay, we're going to be in power. And I sat at home going, you don't think white people can hear you. You don't think they're listening, because to expect someone to relinquish power gracefully is a fantasy. To expect the old power strure to say, well, it's our turn and give us the keys. Okay, it doesn't go like that, And I think that really is at the root of what we're seeing now, because if the electorate is changing now, all of a sudden, you hear the Maga crowd going, well, maybe a dictator is not that bad because the numbers are not working in their favor. So you know that's what it is. I knew this was coming because you know, it's just it through history had never gone like that.
Speaker 2: All right, will move.
Speaker 3: We got more with David Allen Grid. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Jesse, Larrie Schlam and the God. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with actor David Allen Grid. We're still kicking with actor and comedian David Allen Grid.
Speaker 8: Yes, being an og in comedy and I'm a comedian myself, so I would like to know this, What are your thoughts on all like the beef with the comics and everything that's going on right now.
Speaker 6: First of all, what I was gonna say when I walked in here, as I said, on need some brown lick up in here. It's common sense over there. No, no, you need it right here, man, it's common sense. Watch club.
Speaker 2: I look.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the ratio of SIPs, ma'am. He takes one sip while the guest is taking five or six. I saw Mounique about it. After an hour in she was licking up, she was lubricated.
Speaker 2: I don't think Shannon drinking it all. No, man, watch it again. He's real slick.
Speaker 6: He goes, I think that's Charlie man, who you want to kill?
Speaker 1: You like everybody. I won't kill everybody, you know.
Speaker 6: He said, here, have some more.
Speaker 1: He was like, Charlie, man, you want to slap everybody?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 6: Man, you didn't getting me up in there. My advice is bringing your own cop. Bring your own cop. Man. Stop drinking what is in that bottle? Damn yah, man, that's not really my thing. Man. I don't do all that. And at this point, if somebody goes on club shad shape, they're loaded. I mean they packed up. You're going there for a purpose. You're not going there to talk about your big new novel you wrote. You're trying to settle some scores. It's crazy, man, it is crazy. I'm just a spectator. I don't think I've seen one interview in its entirety because they go like two three hours. Yeah, I've seen clips.
Speaker 2: It's bizarre.
Speaker 6: I'm like, y'all, I'm drinking coffee, going damn. I guess they don't like each'ather. Yes, yeah, man, you know what.
Speaker 10: I want to see this last question. I know, y'all go listen. I would like to see a Living Color reboot.
Speaker 6: And you asked me last time, we can't do that.
Speaker 8: Why even if you write for it and then you cast me.
Speaker 2: What I do think?
Speaker 6: I think in the next generation has to do their version of it. You know, you guys say that it was like Remember Coming to America, but goes, oh, man, you should bring that back. Oh they should reboot that. They rebooted, and everybody said, well, y'all didn't do it right. Yeah. I mean it's like the original movie was a comedy, it was not a history of ancient African royalty. So you know, you wanted to bring it back and then you want it to be what it should be. Today, we just can't do it. We were buck wild and even when we put yeah, when we put in a Living Color on, there was no social media. You could call the station, you could write a letter where you could facts. You didn't have a voice that you could immediately counter and protest what you're watching. So I remember the head Leaves, which was the Jamaican Family. We were saying so many Jamaican curse words. Fox didn't know what we were saying. The Jamaican viewers did. By the time they wrote in and told Fox we were on to the next thing. Yeah, So that's how we got ahead of the censors. But it's more media now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess what it is about all of us younger commers. We just we look at that.
Speaker 10: That's the stuff we look up to, and that's the stuff that we wish we could do. That's stuff we want to see. And it's not coming to fruition these days.
Speaker 6: It's different, man, because as soon as you utter there on it while you say that you're wrong, you're bad, apologize, take it back, to take it down. It was guerrilla television. When we did the Super Bowl halftime go back and think about it. Before a Living Color did that, the super Bowl halftime entertainment were like, you know, Christian young people up with people, you know, square dancing. There was no competition. And what happened was after we got that audience, people did not turn back to the super Bowl. That's why the next year you saw Michael Jackson. You saw all kind of stuff because of us. And I think more people know it now, but for a long time it wasn't really talked about. I mean that that shows you the power. You know, you can still get wild and plus now maybe you don't have to be on network television. You remember when Prince he put I think it was musicology straight out digital, and I'm like, oh, this dude is crazy. Ain't nobody gonna download the album. It's not gonna work. He was ahead of his time. He's ahead of his time. So I would probably say that if you're gonna do something really crazy, go that route, release it yourself, do a podcast yourself. Then you're uncensored. Your voice is pure. I don't know how many people watch, but and I'm.
Speaker 8: Very unsensited, and i think I'm in the wrong job, Like you know, because wait, slow down. I've been working here, check.
Speaker 10: Man, and I've already been slapped with like eight phobia stuff I never even heard of.
Speaker 8: They told me today, you bibliophobic. I said, you love the Bible.
Speaker 2: And that's how she knows she's doing it right.
Speaker 7: To her point, I think what she's saying, what showed like a living color, y'all represented a sense of freedom.
Speaker 2: If you're getting.
Speaker 7: If everybody coming at you and saying you said this, and you said that, you shouldn't have said that, you should have said that.
Speaker 2: You're doing it right.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely right. Everything is not for everybody. And if you perform and tell your jokes, your humor and everybody happy, then that's homogenized. Uh, that's deluded, just bland stuff. And we don't like I don't like that. I don't I mean a little.
Speaker 2: Dangerous. You know what I want to ask you for?
Speaker 7: You go in the nineties too, like, because you know, there's all of these conversations about, oh, you shouldn't wear to dress and you shouldn't do y'all did men on film men will dresses?
Speaker 2: We just laughed.
Speaker 7: I didn't think nothing of it back then. When did that change? I think I understand our history. I understand black people's history, i e. Black men's history in this country, but we weren't the only ones. Every major comic of any race has crossed dressed. I don't do it in real life. If I did, that's another thing. But I did it thirty years ago. But there is this thing of you know, black men being emasculated and all that stuff. I don't look at it as that deep.
Speaker 6: It was a comic device, so I don't really hang too much on it, but there does seem to be this almost fetish about it about us. There's some truth in it, but there's also an over fascination in just that. Let me just put it like this, there are a lot of black people and black people in power who are being compromised and manipulated that never put on a dress. Okay, So don't get hung up on just that. And one more thing I wanted to say. I know you get flack for how you speak about the electorate and who you want to support. We need that voice. We need that voice. At the end of the day, I trust people are smart enough to decide for themselves, right, So speak your mind. That's all I'm saying. Absolutely, thank you, brother, Yeah, man, love seeing your card, saying man.
Speaker 7: David Allen Grid the American Society of Magical Negroes is out, so now right, Yeah, it's all okay, So make sure y'all go check that out.
Speaker 1: Don't make me put a dress on again.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Dakfast Club Morning, everybody is d J n V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning on this Monday. You ready, just let's get the jests with the mess.
Speaker 5: Just Roberry don't do is gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Statt good morning.
Speaker 19: So.
Speaker 10: Cannice Owens, in one of her recent interviews, was talking about, uh, how she you know, feels like Lizzoe was problematic and she's speaking about the incident, the specific incident where she wore the assless leather pants at the NBA game back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 12: She's like, if you.
Speaker 8: Don't like it, it's your problem.
Speaker 21: It's like, no, you are being problematic, and yaw, you're playing the game where you do something outrageous.
Speaker 17: And then when we outrage you pretend that we're the crazy ones.
Speaker 12: I'm not dealing you. Stop gaslighting me.
Speaker 21: Okay, you're very large and you got your ass cheeks out on the side of the I am I'm allowed to now comment on that.
Speaker 12: I reserve the right to.
Speaker 8: Now comment on that, and I do.
Speaker 12: And then they pull it out and just coming off through a lozen.
Speaker 2: That's from Joe Buttons podcast, right, Yes, it is okay. I mean she does have a point.
Speaker 7: If you do something like that publicly, people will have the right to comment on it, and all those comments are not going to be in your favor.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no, especially not you know, if you're very large and you know, and you're at a and you're at an NBA game on the side, like you know, you got fluenceets and all that. By the way, even if you were skinny people like you were little, I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you got a thong on, your ass is out and you're shaking it. I'm talking about then when she turns slow, not mine. Now, Now, the outfit was warned to garner attention. Absolutely, and then you get the wrong type of attention. Yes, you Christ, you can't control what people going to say about you. Yeah, absolutely, Now, look, she has every right to wear what she wants, but that comes with caring what you want?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: So I do?
Speaker 8: I do agree with Canvas on those notes, all right.
Speaker 10: Diddy's charter school reportedly falling apart, so I've been seeing all over the weekend. In twenty sixteen, Diddy co found a Capital Preparatory Harlem. The school is located in East Harlem, one of the New York City's poorest neighborhoods. There are five hundred students from grades six to twelve, and the majority of them are black and are from low income families. Several news outlets have been reporting on Diddy's charter school crumbling. All the reports connect the school to Ditty while they report all the things going wrong. Now, some of the things that are going wrong short the shortage on teachers, kids grading, kids' grades being mixed up and incorrectly recorded. A lot of fighting and behavioral issues with the kids. Now, what's messed up about this is Diddy isn't even affiliated with the school, not anymore, Not anymore. And June twenty twenty three did he was celebrated for his work in education. Five months later, Diddy's Harlem charter school was forced to sever tize with him after Cassie's allegations against him. So, if Diddy isn't connected to the school, you know, and hasn't been since last year, why are we reporting or why are reports not weak doing it? Why are the reports all week headlined Diddy's school is crumbling.
Speaker 2: Using Diddy's picture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's the celebrity, he's the person attached to it, but he's not attached to attached to it. Well, they just let him go last year, like six seven months ago when all of this stuff started happening, right, So if the school started.
Speaker 3: Declining since then, that hasn't nothing to do with me, That has not to do with did Diddy has no nothing in that school? These are right now, that's what they're doing it for clicks. Those the shortage teaches and all that. That is like recent, that's right now going on. So yeah, so they're just attaching his name to which.
Speaker 8: I do think is wrong.
Speaker 7: I mean, and even if he was attached to it now, like that's not his fault, it's the administration's fault.
Speaker 2: Right, He's not doing the day to day.
Speaker 10: To school right right, right, But anything like you said, the clickbait and you know, just to make it a bigger story, right, you know, because of what he's already going through. Okay, Gilberterena's flirting with Saucy Santana. So Nick Young was on a recent episode of No Chill with Gilbert Arenas. During the conversation about his time on College Hill, Nick spoke about his friendship with Saucy Santana and at the time, Gilbert didn't know who Saucy was, right, and he had an interesting reaction the first time he heard about it, and he looked them up.
Speaker 5: This is what he said, college yell.
Speaker 2: So listen, who else was there? Saucy Tantana? That's my dog, Saue. Who's that?
Speaker 16: You know that that rapper is a rapper?
Speaker 2: Kretia fran the City Girls Home with Saucy Santana.
Speaker 12: Yeah, don't look it up because you're gonna say something funny.
Speaker 18: Don't look it up, you dog.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, No, not this.
Speaker 2: That ain't apper.
Speaker 5: That ain't a rapper.
Speaker 8: So Saucy heard this audio and responded in some tweets.
Speaker 10: We know Saucy ain't scared to check nobody correct, you know, he said, I really be having to check these niggas. What the f is funny about a straight man saying he cool with me. I'm one of the realest niggas you'll ever f in meet. I literally just talked about this on Love and Hip Hop. Niggas be scared of what they what their peers gonna think. Bitch's funny about being cool with me. I'm very respectful. I don't size niggas, I don't try niggas. I do me and be in my own lane.
Speaker 8: Nick know that. That's why it was the first name he mentioned.
Speaker 10: And we also know that because Claudia was just up here, and she also said that they were cool, like they were close, you know what I'm saying, Like they got to know like each other, like just you know, from man to man. After Saucy responded, Gilbert doubled back and tried to explain why he reacted that way.
Speaker 5: But he might have taken her a little street fall.
Speaker 8: This is what he said.
Speaker 4: I've never seen somebody with nails and the beard that was probably just threw me and threw me off.
Speaker 2: And then and then when I hit the video, tork, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 16: Stop no, no, no stop.
Speaker 4: If I had to wait between who's better, I'm trying to see him or making a stylion.
Speaker 18: Start the sound.
Speaker 2: I don't know who.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna throw my dollars to dogs.
Speaker 4: A good show is a good show. Listen, I got rules, you got you listen. You can't talk, No, you can't look at me.
Speaker 2: It's all y'all being there like the year shaking.
Speaker 16: My can you say that?
Speaker 8: And he's still playing like we trying so hard now to be canting.
Speaker 7: Listen, sometimes you gotta play a gator void cancelations.
Speaker 5: I got one for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna turn this whole thing around. Confuse everybody.
Speaker 10: When he started playing with him back, man, Yeah, all you have to do was say sorry you playing big.
Speaker 5: Clown you and meganize. He said, I'm gonna pick you. He just went on like you know, I'm gonna turn this whole ship around.
Speaker 8: What they say is like when you said I'll spread the ass.
Speaker 10: Yeah, those were the bleepers that y'all can catch coming saying I'm gonna post them this Thursday off.
Speaker 2: It's all funny games and tell somebody gets a bonum?
Speaker 10: What what?
Speaker 3: Very personally? Yeah, all right, well thank you jes with the mess. Now who you're giving your donkey cheese? Speaking a bonus.
Speaker 7: We need a man named Frederick Lloyd Day to come to the front of the congregation. Okay, he was arrested for uh doing in appropriate things.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss, all right, we'll work at that.
Speaker 14: Next, it's the breakfast club cook boardy, you're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Ext you shot on the Donkey of the Day is something.
Speaker 8: To go hold you the reason he gave me donkey other day and I deserve that.
Speaker 7: You need to know.
Speaker 8: You need to tell them, I am, you have.
Speaker 12: Tell them.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey of the Days.
Speaker 15: A read.
Speaker 5: But you're so good at you're trying to charlamagne.
Speaker 1: She only wants charlamage to.
Speaker 8: Solomon who he's a dusty.
Speaker 1: The other day to man well sexy red donkey.
Speaker 7: Today for Monday, March eight, teams goes to a thirty four year old Florida man named Frederick Lloyd Day. Now, what does your uncle Shla always tell you about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. Now, Frederick was booked in jail and charged with battery on a specified personnel because he's an extra horny human. Yes, it's all funny games until someone gets a boner.
Speaker 2: I just told you that.
Speaker 7: What do you mean, Uncle Sharlack. It's all funny games until someone gets a boning. Well, let me read the headline for you from news Channel eight. A Florida man was arrested for touching himself and groping EMS paramedic during transport.
Speaker 2: You see, Frederick was.
Speaker 7: Arrested after allegedly masturbating and groping an EMS paramedic inappropriately while he was being taken to the hospital.
Speaker 11: See police will call to the Cancer Center Alliance.
Speaker 7: Of Naples after they received the multiple report that a man refused to leave the building and locked himself in the bathroom. When police arrived, they found Frederick Lloyd Day in the bathroom standing next to a pile of paper towels. Okay, that's a telltale sign that he was in there scratching Yoda behind the ears. Yes, he took his talent to South Beach and the arrest report showed that the officers saw Frederick scrapped into a stretcher with a noticeable erect penis showing through his basketball shorts. You know what they say, there's nothing like a clown with a boner to remind you that you're having a nightmare. And this was a nightmare for this EMS worker because the report goes on to show that Frederick was poaching the egg, shaking hands with the milkman while the EMS paramedic was taking his blood. Well, I would say the EMS paramedic was taking blood from the wrong place. Okay, they should have been taking blood out of his penis. You take the blood out of the penis, then, while I no hot custard slinger. Now, the paramedic tried to get this cocker saus Recks to stop, but it has been scientifically proven that when you are trying to get a homo erectus to stand down, they simply can't.
Speaker 11: So he attempted to reach for the victim's leg.
Speaker 7: The victim okay, the EMS paramedic told him, do not touch me, but Frederick looked into the victim's eyes and continue double clicking his mouth.
Speaker 2: So the victim Grabbeda's hand and repeated, do not touch me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Dropping the clues bonds to that EMS paramedic respect to that victim, because the last thing I'm touching on this dude, is his hands Okay, you've been boxing the one eyed champ all night, so I know your hands is covering knuckle babies all right, nut butter and peanuts, putting everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching that man's hands.
Speaker 7: Now caught in the WBBH in Naples Fire Department lieutenant saw the interaction and stated that Frederick continued to try and touch the victim by removing medical equipment and even unbuckled himself from the stretcher.
Speaker 11: Mind you, he's with the paramedic because he.
Speaker 7: Was complaining about foot pain and claim that he was bitten by a bug, and when he arrived to the hospital for treatment, the staff didn't allow him in due to.
Speaker 11: Disorderly and destructive behavior.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna tell you something, man, when you read this story, when you hear this story, all I could think to myself is the EMS paramedic should have let him die. I don't think he was facing anything life threatening, but if he was, if you can't let your perversion take a back seat in order for you to get the medical help that you need, then why should I, as a paramedic care more about you than you do about yourself.
Speaker 11: I know, I know, paramedics and public servants. They have to treat people regardless of personal feelings.
Speaker 7: But damn, what if the paramedic that's treating him has been molested, okay, are sexually assaulted.
Speaker 11: All of this can be triggering for that person.
Speaker 7: You're asking a lot of humans when you're asking them just to bypass their personal feelings. I'm supposed to help you while you sexually assaulting me. If the paramedic chose to not help them, would they be wrong?
Speaker 15: Huh?
Speaker 2: Something to think about.
Speaker 7: Please give Frederick Lloyd Day the biggest he hull. That's crazy, all right, it absolutely is.
Speaker 8: I'm convincing. Just look up gays crimes that happened over.
Speaker 2: There was no gay in this, I don't think unless the MS paramedic was male.
Speaker 8: Just always be like boners, speaking of boners, I need a boner.
Speaker 2: I didn't know your story and just with the meth had boners in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but why do you even have to make that transition because it was a good segue.
Speaker 11: I was already talking about boners. You were talking about boners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just didn' say anything my bonus. You just said boners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you was thinking about.
Speaker 6: You bought it all together. That's what the show is about, about creating a story every day.
Speaker 2: So I bought it.
Speaker 7: All they're listening on the podcast is gonna be seamless. Mmm, y'all download the Breakfast Club podcasts to the twenty million people that listen to the Breakfast Club podcast mostly when y'all listen to.
Speaker 11: It today, it's gonna beanless, right I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, when we come back, Jordan Belford will be joining us. The Wolf Wall Street. Wolf of Wall Street to be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Boring.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Larry Slam and the guy we are the Breakfast Club got a special guest in the building, Jordan Belford.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 5: What's up everybody? You guys are looking good today.
Speaker 11: You know, Jess has never met you before, but she did see The Wolf of Wall Streets.
Speaker 9: Yes, and you're the real I'm the real Wolf of I'm retired wolf, you know, the more benevolent wolf.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was a great movie.
Speaker 9: And uh, the thing with that movie is interesting for me is that like that those those events took place thirty years ago, but like because the movie came out in twenty and thirteen, it's still on TV. He was like, oh, that happened like three weeks ago, right, Like is your daughter still three years old? My daughter's thirty.
Speaker 5: I have a grandson. So it's pretty funny, you know.
Speaker 11: I don't think after where you got the wolf from? Where's the wolf come from?
Speaker 5: Believe it or not?
Speaker 9: The wolf came from a show you watch, Gilligan's Island. Okay, so the character Thurston how the third is nickname, was the Wolf of Wall Street. So it's like a joke about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 10: So about the movie, how much of it was like really vinced? Like was it was any of it add ons or like? So I was saying, like I said, ninety percent of it was true.
Speaker 9: And the stuff and my life was probably even more insane because it was stuff that you just couldn't put on screen, will be x rayed, you know, right. But the stuff that wasn't true, it was a lot of like characters, well like they would collapse three people's actions into one character. Like Danny character got it was bad, Danny did it right? You know that was a guy Jonah Hill character, right, And they moved the timeline around, but by and large it was really accurate.
Speaker 7: You know, you got a new book out called The Wolf of Investing what came out fall last year.
Speaker 11: My inside is playbook for making a fortune on Wall Street.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: The first thing people will say is why should you listen to him?
Speaker 17: Question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, big question. I think that you know, on some level, you know who better to expose what's going on on Wall Street? And someone that made the mistakes was part of it on the inside. You know, it's funny people say, you don't why don't you ever write about the stock book? And I never did before. So my all my books about before is a bit about sales or my life story.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: But you know, obviously I have massive knowledge about Wall Street around one of the largest ROMs on Wall Street in the nineties, the in the you know, IPO market, But I never thought of writing a book. But I think over the last since I started going out in two thousand and eight around the world and teaching sales and entrepreneurship, ethical sales, and I really helped millions and millions of people, And I think I've rebuilt my reputation to the point where I have a very large fan base who trusts me, and I've helped so many people. Like when I walk around, people say you changed my life. You change as I walk around people always have you changed my life?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 9: I went into this business courses Why have Entrepreneurship? And I felt that it was like, you know, I felt comfortable enough. You know, I'm going to talk about investing. And I when I started writing the book, and I wrote what I consider to be the surest book of investing. They had so like unarguably the right way for someone to get welping in the stock market. This is that opposite of everything I did back by the way, it's like the opposite of what I did when I actually went to check, like I was manipulating stocks and smaller stocks. The advice I'm giving in this book is really honestly, it's for any person of any age.
Speaker 5: Obviously the younger you thought, the better.
Speaker 9: But the thesis is as files and there's nothing in here that's revolutionary. It's just I wrote it in a really funny, I kind of laugh out loud, irreverent way, so people would kind of turn the page you made into a story. Because the truth is the best advice for investing is out there. There's nothing you have to It's like I didn't do some analysis. I oh, eureka, I have this way.
Speaker 6: It's not like that.
Speaker 9: Okay, really, even with all this new stuff like bitcoin, and you know, in the book, I use two main investments I talk about. One is the S and P five hundred, which is an index.
Speaker 5: And so instead of.
Speaker 9: Buying just a random stock and try to trade in out, which is a sucker's game by the way, right, and and what really bothers me and I had this big thing about CMB singing there and and and how they basically are like the worst thing that ever happened to the average investments. If you watched CNBC, you'll think you can trade in and out of stocks short term to make money. And the fact is that the scientific academic studies going back to nineteen hundred that says it's virtually impossible to make to beat the S and P. It's just like a post. There's a few people that can do it, right, and they're not taking It's like Warren Buffett, a few is very few. No one could beat the S and P buy and large, right, But if you watch the show, you'll think that's the best way to trade. To trade go from oil into into crypto, from crypto into tech stocks, from tech stock into common and you're not gonna make money that way, right, So that one investment is the S and P and I wrote the book. I think when I wrote the book, the se was like thirty eight hundred, and now it's five thousand, right. I also said bitcoins a good investment, but small, like five to ten percent of your portfolio, right, the largest should be I think the S and P and at the time was twenty two thousand. Now it's seventy three thousand. But the fact that I was right is irrelevant because it just as easily could have been down in one year. In other words, you can't look at investing as a one year opposition. You can't invest and worry about the price the next week, the next month, or even the next year. I believe the best way for especially people in that thirties, twenties, thirties, forties or even fifties, right, you have to take a long term horizon and rely on what's called compounding.
Speaker 5: So with the S and P five hundred, the idea is that you know, you.
Speaker 9: Take the profits and you just let it as it compounds, and you're dividing, you reinvest the dividends, you let the compound over time. So I think the trap that people forward to when they invest is they say, and you only have five thousand dollars or ten thousand, I got to make a huge hit.
Speaker 5: I have to time the market.
Speaker 9: So they get trapped in trying to short term trade, or they go on margin and they get blown out and you can't. You could start with a small amount and end up with a huge amount if you have patience.
Speaker 5: That's what the book is about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the the key is patience, patience, and also that you know you're not going to beat the S and P.
Speaker 5: Five hundred. So the cornerstone of your portfolio should be this and there's no fees attached to you put your money. You let it ride. So it's like set it and forget it's pass it and best thing right.
Speaker 11: Don't even put it in there and don't even know.
Speaker 9: You can't because the trap is is that you know you think that you know, well the market's gonna bear market.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough, you have a bear market, but buy you go back history historically, it's always goes up over thirty years.
Speaker 9: So listen, it's possible the United States could be destroyed, but we have bigger problems than than your portfolio, right.
Speaker 5: So that's that's the essence of the book.
Speaker 9: But also I go through a very very damning history and historically about Wall Street how it got so dump Okay, I go through that in detail, and it's pretty wild when you read, like why is it that, like, you know, firms get away with murder?
Speaker 2: All right, we got more with Jordan Belford when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the DJ Envy Jess hilarious Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Jordan Belford, charlamae, is it.
Speaker 11: True that Donald Trump crashed the Wolf of Wall Street set?
Speaker 5: Who's what I read this? I read that it's passed? I read where did I read that? Was that?
Speaker 11: Kristin Mulatty said it Kristin Kristin merely me, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: She played my first wife. By the way, his real name was Denise.
Speaker 7: He said, said she crashed, He said he Donald Trump crashed, he said and acted the damn fool.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there you go, right, what did you hear?
Speaker 11: Martin Scorsese compare Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Do you no what he said?
Speaker 6: Come on, no, man, do you know.
Speaker 10: You know that?
Speaker 9: I don't read anything about myself ever, no comments, No, I never. I don't have Google or nothing, because I think that for me at least, right, I know in my heart that I do good.
Speaker 19: I know it.
Speaker 5: I know everything I do.
Speaker 9: I'm on like, I'm giving more value than I'm getting in money. Only some trying, by the way, right, So like and and there's haters out there in this world. I'm sure you have tons of haters.
Speaker 5: You must. You gotta have something, you know. And by the way, and the haters drive engagement.
Speaker 9: Which is great, by the way, So like I just let them, like I don't in the beginning, I used to look, I fight with them.
Speaker 5: What do you you know? They're like, how could you listen to this guy?
Speaker 2: After it?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, this is just ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Like if Jesus Christ was today and he gave the summer in the Temple mount, people say, what an idiot?
Speaker 5: Nothing new.
Speaker 9: That matter who you are, they're gonna hate on you. So I just don't read anything about myself. Because even my wife said yeah, this is a great ark. I'm like, no, yeah, I don't want someone tells you I'm so great. I don't want to know about it.
Speaker 6: I know who I am.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know my good, my bad, and my ugly and on the whole thing. And he staid, tried to be as good a person as I can. And if you recomment, you can go freaking crazy.
Speaker 5: What was this about?
Speaker 7: Donald Trump was in London at a film festival, and he said panels moderator Edgar Wright played a clip from Wolf of Wall Street and he she said, some of your films, people are punished for their sins, and for Wall Street they're celebrated, right, sked Wright said. To Scorsese, who likened Bellford to Trump, in his reply, he said, politically the country they elected Trump, it's about kill go, get the money, do anything you want.
Speaker 11: You can't do anything to me.
Speaker 7: When he's saying I don't have to pay taxes to a certain extent because I have smart lawyers, He's right, it's true.
Speaker 11: It's legal. Doesn't mean it's right, but it's legal.
Speaker 7: Scorsese said, it the former president's multiple indictments.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'd pushed back in that a little bit I'll tell you why, because I suffered the consequences for my actions almost everything I did not. I did not leave jail with any money.
Speaker 5: I was broke.
Speaker 9: I started from scratch, and my comeback started with money I received from the Wolf of Wall Street book, and half of it went to pay back investors, so I was fifty percent on to investor. So I was really very I had really tough years in the beginning.
Speaker 5: So I pushed back on that.
Speaker 9: And also, you know, I think that, you know, I really try hard not to be a polarizing figure. I really do, and I don't know if that's good.
Speaker 5: And in the beginning, there.
Speaker 9: Was a few years ago I was a bit more polarizing because there's things that would bother me about COVID, you know. And I said, you know what, I said, stop, I don't want to stop my position. I'm here to help people, to give entrepreneurial advice, stocking whatever, and I just want to I just stopped, so, like you know, and admittedly my engagement dropped it when you stop being as controversial. But you know, I think, listen, I think you could love Trump when you could hate Trump. But I mean, it is shocking that it seems the more bad things they say about him, the more people embrace him.
Speaker 5: I can't quite figure that out. Yeah, but it's shocked.
Speaker 9: I never said I thought, like the first time, even before he got elected in twenty sixteen, like and that thing with the tape rand I think.
Speaker 5: Oh, this guy's done.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, this guy's done.
Speaker 9: And then when he came out and he was like saying you just completely like nothing, I was like, what a stupid And I was like, holy, it actually worked event Yeah, well yeah, when did.
Speaker 2: We ever seen it?
Speaker 11: Not like it's inevitable.
Speaker 2: He said he was a great president.
Speaker 5: Listen, I think that Trump the president. I look at.
Speaker 9: All I can say is the world when Trump was president there was no wars. Now, some of that is could be coincidental, like because some of it's just luck, right, but there was peace, there was energy with energy independent. I thought, you know, regulations, we were sort of less intrusive on business.
Speaker 5: And he was an act like he was not.
Speaker 9: He was like he divided people, but you know, like there's like so he had this his personality was so abrasive and I was like, what are you like just sientific policies which were working immigration was was was tight at the border, and I believe those and I'm throwing my parents, my great great grandments and my grandparents were immigrants, right, So it's not that I'm anti immigrant, of course, I think, but legal immigrants, and there's a problem with that because the immigration system screwed up.
Speaker 5: That needs to change also.
Speaker 9: But I think the country was in a much better spot, except for the fact that he picked so many people off in the process and part of them being a great president is trying to unite and not di vibe, so you know, but I have to say as a president the world, the country was in a better spot.
Speaker 5: I think the world was in a better spot.
Speaker 9: And I think Biden's is a I don't think Biden is mentally his mental CLIs I think he's almost senile. I wouldn't quite say senile, but although I would say that this whole thing about the her report, right is nonsense, like and and and Stewart had a great piece in it. So like the biggest thing that caused them naesure is being deposed. Like everyone has got a kneesure on the deposed someone.
Speaker 2: Right, especially if you got something hot.
Speaker 5: You see this stuff in Georgia, like that lawyer, you could remember any of I don't remember what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Lawyer, So I think it's a bit unfair.
Speaker 9: Like I think it's more seriously the flubs he makes when he can't remember stuff and loses his track on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but not as bad.
Speaker 5: Though not as bad. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: I think it just depends what highlight reel you're But seriously, I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't know it's fair at the horror books, like he's that every I did, like, I don't remember what they I don't know, right, So it's something listen to the country will the saw. But I think whatever happens in the election. And I'm not a fan of Biden, I'm not. I don't think you are either. I think, yeah, I just if Trump gets elected, I hope he learns from the mistakes of like dividing and saying that is inflammatory and you can just check that, you know.
Speaker 5: At first I was hoping that kind of.
Speaker 7: Already went too far past that though, like when you try to lead an attempted coup in this country, what you said was just a moment of foolishness.
Speaker 11: So yeah, things can be true. Yeah, it is a moment of foolshness to try to lead.
Speaker 9: I think it was a riot, you know, I look differently at it because like they weren't on. Then you see a real coup, you know, people coming with guns and it's organized.
Speaker 2: Get it right the next time, just practice so again.
Speaker 9: And I think the worst thing of it all is that this two people that like, I mean, I don't think anyone really I would like to.
Speaker 5: See two different people running absolutely, I mean right, so like you know, I mean eighty and seventy eight, it's not in the eight. Listen, it's not age. My mother's ninety one and she's sharp as a tack. My mother, like, really, shot.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be president?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it should be president, right, you know honestly, even like it's six, I'm sixty one years old now, Okay, I don't think I'm as sharp ast when I was forty five. Now I have more wisdom and experience, and I think that's important. So I'm certainly having enough acuity to be president if I'm not running, trust me, right, But the point is, I think that when you get into your seventies and I don't know, I don't think you're a shue just so you're not the person you are. I think there should be, you know, certainly some at least mental acuity tests and also the job ages you I mean, so I think it's pretty sad that at this point we have an eighty or an eighty year old and seventy eighty one, seventy seven or seventy eight, right, and your career is awesome. And but I love you, know, I love the most honest you are about politics, that you're not like just a shill. And I really respect that more than you could imagine. I respect that because there's nothing more than I hate when I watch TV and these people are just shilling for the Democratic Party. You're like dead balls, honest. So that's great and I really respect that. I think it's a point you have a young audience, and young people need to hear that, you know.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Jordan the Wolf of the best thing is out right now is Jordan Belfoot.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming, brother, my pleasure.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. More than everybody.
Speaker 3: We are to Breakfast Club. Yes you're good, Yeah, I'm good. Do they have zoomba for pregnant women?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Probably we are to Breakfast Club. Let's get with the mess.
Speaker 16: Jesus real, Robert Millwood just don't do is.
Speaker 5: Gonna bring numbers.
Speaker 8: The Breakfast clubs.
Speaker 10: Okay, story story stories, and Barrose wants Kanye West to pay her twenty million for inspiring My Beautiful, Dark Twisted Fantasy album.
Speaker 8: She always playing.
Speaker 10: Cardi b dropped three hundred and fifty thousand on her best friend's RICO case Star Brems. Uh is the best friend starbrem All right with these niggas can do it then, so this is you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's her front.
Speaker 10: Absolutely. Donald Trump promises blood bath if he's not elected.
Speaker 8: Oh we say this up. If I don't get up in there, we are you gonna.
Speaker 2: I think that was.
Speaker 7: Slightly out of context though, because he was talking about the auto industry in particular.
Speaker 8: Uh auto Okay, Well, he said blood bath basically you.
Speaker 7: Know, everybody took that line and ran with it, which is kind of strange, right, because it's like, you don't have to take Donald Trump by the context. He gonna give you something to talk about. So when you kind of take him out of context in that way, whenever people hear anything crazy. He say, They're gonna be like, well, was this immedia taking him out of context again?
Speaker 3: Because they made it feel like that if he wasn't elected, he was gonna wild out of something.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen. That's what it seemed like.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought through until I watched the whole thing and I'm like, well, he's talking about the auto industry in particular.
Speaker 8: But he knows what he's doing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: You know, we always always so it's gonna be a blood bath and auto and the bloodef in the streets. Basically, Uh, Dwayne Wade unbothered by painted nail hates Okay, that's what's up that. Listen if somebody's like, if somebody is securing, like I want to get their nails painted people.
Speaker 7: But you know, it just sound when you say I'm unbothered and you got your nails paint, it just comes off a little.
Speaker 5: Sad, right, right, But.
Speaker 10: Absolute, man, Look, everybody wear the pants and ours all right. Coiler Ray is on a journey to become her better self. That's amazing and I'm glad that more people are doing that. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Shanty.
Speaker 8: Let us know how she said, I'm on the journey.
Speaker 5: She can't get did okay?
Speaker 8: All right, that's what's up. Brandy Evans says she will never put on a kidd in hell.
Speaker 5: Br what happened to.
Speaker 10: The main strip of Mercedes from P Valley And they had her on the red carpet and the guy asked her, He said, so, what would you like?
Speaker 8: What is like a fashion?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 8: No, ex to the wrong damn thing? No, when is P Valley coming back? And she was just sitting up there for me. I hate I hate a kitten heel your kid getting.
Speaker 5: Here, don't She said, she don't like it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 10: It gives very much. Hillary claiming if you ask me, But we want to know where the show is, all right? Social media uses? Oh my gosh, what social media users speculate Envy is on house arrest? Ma ligro Uh said on Twitter, the people want to know why Envy is shooting from the comforts of his home. Is a given house arrest? They talking about Friday, Yes, when it looked like you was in a motel with them curtains.
Speaker 5: I wasn't in the motel. It was in a hotel. It was my daughter's dance.
Speaker 2: Competition.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, it is.
Speaker 6: Funny though, whenever you broadcast from home, they think you're on house.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They don't even be home all the time.
Speaker 3: But y y'all be disrespecting me, like you think that hotel is my crib with the curtains and all that and the little window.
Speaker 5: No, you could have let your mother duckree.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, Tracy Ellis ro shut down the possibility of a girlfriend's reboots.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, she said that ship has sailed, and I understand, No it hasn't.
Speaker 7: You're the only one that want that, right right, No, Because here's the thing that y'all don't know about girlfriends. Y'all used to watch girlfriends. Girlfriends didn't have no closure, Like it did not end. So there's so many different loose ends that they need to tie up. So that's the reason we want closure. We don't want to reboot the show. We want the actual great ending for the show. He thinks, more us here the Wayne Wade and him just talking about girlfriends, keep gently pressing against the air, like don't money bothered?
Speaker 10: All right, all right, but by the way, all the women still look good, but they feel like yo, like you just said about power.
Speaker 5: Everything needs an ending, and that's my point.
Speaker 11: Girlfriends didn't get one.
Speaker 2: Girlfriends did not have an ending.
Speaker 7: All my people out there that watch Girlfriends know it did not Happenn Dying David.
Speaker 10: Ellen Grid said the same thing. But I said, do you see it in Living Color reboot? He said, he said no, and it couldn't come back today anyway. I'm pretty sure they got a final episode, though, I don't think. Ain't Living Color gota final episode? It didn't just abruptly in Okay, all right, Well Drake gives pregnant fans twenty five thousand dollars and invite and invite into the VIP section.
Speaker 8: He loved pregnant women. That's why what she come up with for his baby. But he won't because Charlamagne and Guard did that.
Speaker 6: So that's all good.
Speaker 10: That's my that's my friend. That's just that is not your best friends assound you by that friend word. No stop, okay, stop don't.
Speaker 2: You can't up.
Speaker 10: You can't be using that word loastly now you're shoot so many people hate me. You want to fight because I said they ain't my friend. Well you just prove my point.
Speaker 2: You ain't my friend.
Speaker 10: All right, Bruno Mars reportedly owes MGM casino fifty dollars due to unpaid a million.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, fifty I was gonna say that. Don't take that little fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny?
Speaker 5: Fifty million dollars fifty million.
Speaker 7: Yes, I went through your show. You had a sold out show in DC at the MGM, right that DC my trip. Yes, it was at the MGM Oxen Hill, and I remember being there on a Saturday and for whatever reason, people they was like, man.
Speaker 2: You just missed with Bruno.
Speaker 7: Mother.
Speaker 11: I'm like, wo, would I just miss Bruno Mars?
Speaker 2: Bruno like that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, like what you mean? I just missed him? They was like, oh he was here all week gambling.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, yeah, the show last week, a week the whole week, was here all week gambling.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you just missed him.
Speaker 5: That's your friend.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 10: He was raking up that deck. Fifty million dollars I think fifty million, fifty million. And they say, I've seen the headline say that they basically own him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I just thought it was weak. I'm like, he was here all week. He had a show here last week. And he stayed the whole week gambling. Yeah, nomber the fact that they were telling his business.
Speaker 8: But yeah, they but they have like he has like a contract with MGM though residency.
Speaker 6: He makes like ninety million, ye fifty, that is crazy.
Speaker 10: Actually, Doctor Drake calls Eminem the best rapper of all time.
Speaker 8: That's because that white man and him a lot of money. And that is that is amazing that he thinks.
Speaker 6: That that's his opinion. I mean there's other people that think that. I disagree.
Speaker 7: I mean, if I was being objective and I was just making a top probably five to ten rappers of all time, Eminem would be in there.
Speaker 10: Be honest, Okay, yeah, he would definitely be on you. I don't know, okay, all right, Well that is just with the mess Thank you es, thank you all. All right now the People's Choice mixes up next.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 6: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Audible selection of audio books is unmatched finance, fitness, motivation, and more, plus all the new releases. You'll find exclusive originals and podcasts. Listen on Audible is a game, change your dream bigger. Sign up for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: It's Women's History Month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history.
Speaker 2: Check out this phenomenal woman Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is tj NV, just Larry Schelamine the God we Are The Breakfast Club is Women's History Month.
Speaker 8: Jess we repping Wendy Williams.
Speaker 10: Okay, so today I'm nominated Wendy Williams, the radio and TV personality that has everybody missing her and she came up with a phrase, how you doing?
Speaker 8: How you doing right? Prior to our TV show?
Speaker 10: She rose to fame and built a devoted fan base throughout a successful twenty three year career in radio with her nationally syndicated radio show, The Wendy Williams Experience. In two thousand and eight, she launched her TV talk show, The Wendy Williams Show, Which is missed and I wish it would be back. Well, I know we can't have it back, but I wish it never went off air, which has earned several Daytime Emmy nominations for Best Talk Show Hosts and Entertainment Talk Show. Wendy was also inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in two thousand and nine, and she also now has her Hollywood star.
Speaker 8: Y'all clap it up, clap it up, Shalla.
Speaker 2: Mate Louther Wendy. You know, I got a number love with Wendy.
Speaker 11: You know, I probably wouldn't be in the position I am right now.
Speaker 7: If it wasn't for you know, Wendy Wanes and her husband, regardless of you know how I may feel about her husband.
Speaker 10: But yeah, yeah, well I'm not nominating. I mean, you know, it's women's history. I'm not talking about her husband at all.
Speaker 7: I say, you got a salute, Wendy, because when you could easily say no, I don't want him as my host.
Speaker 5: Well, when you try to sell your mixtape to it, she said, get out.
Speaker 7: Didn't believe. She told me to get the f out of this studio and take that mixtape to her husband.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it wasn't for Wendy. You're right, you would not be where you are. You're right, Okay, you're right.
Speaker 2: I love all right, girls, Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: My husband.
Speaker 11: I would just just does that to me a lot.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 7: She will make me say things, she'll put words in my mouth. She doesn't on purpose, and I don't know why I fall for it, but I do it every time She's like, no, no, you are upset.
Speaker 2: You're upset Charlemagne, Yes I am. I wasn't but I am.
Speaker 8: Now you need to heal.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Positive notes up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is see Envy, Jess Hilario, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Yes, and salute to Jim Kerr.
Speaker 3: Today was his fiftieth anniverse Jim Kerring on radio, So salute to Jim Kerr legend in this game. Nice Tlo Man, you got a positive note.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: And I don't know why I keep doing this every day, but I do it at the same time every day, and I gotta stop it. I gotta start doing it more throughout the show until we sell out. But the second Annual Black Podcast Festival is happening April twenty seventh, Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta at Pullmanyard, same place it was last year. We got Wallowing Gilly on that stage. We got Poor Minds Podcast on that stage, Drea and Lex, we got Mandy and Weezy Horrible Decisions. We got Debbie Brown with deeply well Black Tech. Green Money Podcast will be there. Will Lucas covering your financial literacy. Ess Hilarious will be there doing Just Fix My Mess live on stage with her carefully reckless podcast, The Baller Alert Show will be there. It is hosted by b Dott and Pretty V. So make sure you go get your tickets thanking everybody that's been buying tickets. Man, go to eventwright dot com or Black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival to get you tickets.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, Now the positive noticed simply this.
Speaker 7: Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.
Speaker 11: Have a blessed day, breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 5: Y'all finished? So y'all done.