Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Y'all know what time. Y'all don't know y'all.
Speaker 1: At all at all, So.
Speaker 3: Don't give them a bu busy listening to show.
Speaker 4: To I don't Joy, Yeah, Joy, you gotta do that.
Speaker 5: You turn.
Speaker 6: To turn the mouth turn you probably got to turn the mouth out, turn the water the mon jo.
Speaker 7: Look come.
Speaker 2: Come out, you think, Uh huh.
Speaker 8: I sure will. Good morning everybody. You all listening to the voice, come on dig me now, one and all that Steve Harvey got a radio show. Okay, today is simple. I want to tell you. I want to just talk to you about effort today. Just about effort. You know, it's it's it's it's a word that people use to describe sometimes trying. But what I found out about trying is trying is just a noble way of saying you didn't get it done. I tried when and then everybody go, well, he tried, that was the best.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's not.
Speaker 8: Exactly true though, that that's that's not exactly true. You are and I want to talk to you about that because I don't want you to be one of the people who just tried. See trying, I mean, I gotta tell you to attempt something, You're gonna have to first try, but I want you to change your mindset from trying to getting it done.
Speaker 2: See, that's a big difference.
Speaker 8: I'm really more apt to listen to the person that says to me, I'm gonna get it done. I'm gonna try. What try does is it allows you to fail. It's the person that has the mindset that I'm gonna get it done. It's the person who changes the complexion of things. I'm gonna get it done. It's very different than I'm gonna try. You know, look, man, I know this sounds a little harsh, but you gotta stop feeding yourself these little old wise sayings that ain't it was a valiant tribe. Hey man, you talk to anybody that took second place in the super Bowl and see how they feel about their valiant try. The only way to gain God's real blessings is you have to try something. Stevie backpeddling. Now, listen to me close. You have to put forth an effort to allow God to put his finger on something to bless on your behalf. You must start to attempt now, insaying getting it done and I'm gonna try that's a difference of two different faiths to me.
Speaker 2: That I'm just talking about me.
Speaker 8: Now you may be different, so I can't say this about you, but I can say this about me. If I say I'm gonna get it done, I have a lot of faith in it. I am going to get it done because I just don't see failure as an option. A lot of times now, if somebody says to me, like the Olympic team invited me out to curl one day, which is throw these stones on the ice.
Speaker 2: If you're not familiar with it's very simple thing. And so I said, man, I'd like to give that a try.
Speaker 8: I went in full well knowing I may not come away from this little curling lesson as a person who could make the Olympic team.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to try it because I thought it looked cool.
Speaker 8: And I always wanted to get it done. When I failed twice, I threw a stone completely into the other lane, I lost that little ice shoe. It shot out under me. But you know what, I kept trying though. I kept trying until I got four of them stones in that circle right where I aim. But now had I given up after I failed, After I threw that stone in the other lane after I shot my shoe down all the way to the bottom side, the little ice shoe they give you. I never what did it, but because I was trying, something got me together a little bit because of my effort, and it caused me not to fall the next time, not to throw it in the other lane, not to shoot my shoe to the back of the wall.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, my trying became something.
Speaker 8: Now had I stayed out there and it wasn't so cold, and I went back week after week after week after week, I.
Speaker 2: Promise you I could get it done.
Speaker 8: I could at least know how to compete in a game of curling.
Speaker 2: Might not be the best.
Speaker 8: I might not win the championship, but I could have got it done to the point where I could have competed in a game of curling.
Speaker 2: So sometimes if you're.
Speaker 8: Scared to say I'm gonna get it done, just go out there and get started.
Speaker 2: You know, learn from every attempt that you make.
Speaker 8: See, don't quit writing yourself off as a failure every time don't go right. And when I fail on that ice, I could have said, man, I can't curl, but hold up, man, I'm watching four other women out here curl, four other dudes out here curyling, the little kids out here curling. Hold up, Pardner, You know, man, So I learned when I threw that stone on the other ice, when I failed, when when my shoe shot off, I learned from every attempt a little bit more about it. And then I said to myself one point in time, man, I'm gonna get this stone in that circle. I'm gonna get this stone in this circle. And guess what I got it done. Now what you're saying to me, Steve, I'm saying to you that you gotta get started. That you got to put forth an effort. Give God something to bless. Oh God, bless me, Oh God, bless me.
Speaker 2: Bless you?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Bless you? Where? Bless you? How?
Speaker 8: Stop basing your results on what you're thinking. You gotta think higher. You get God in your life, man, He allows you to think higher, bigger, better more. I'm sitting up here in my debt. I came up with a plan to get out of debt in five years. I came up with this plan right, I was sitting up and I was tripping on it. Now, I said, wait a minute, man, hold on. This is what I came up with. I said, God created heaven and earth, all of it, the mountains, the sky, the valleys.
Speaker 2: The oceans, trees, the birds.
Speaker 8: The Indian Ocean, all of it, made all of it in six days, and then he rested on the seven. So why am I taking to God the five year plan? If he can create heaven and earth in six days, why am I walking in there talking about help me in five years? How is it gonna take God five years to getting me out of debt? And he made heaven and Earth in six days. Math Hell, Man, I ain't that big. You ain't that big. You ain't in that much trouble. I ain't in that much trouble. See, God got a way of showing you some things, man, but it's gonna take some faith, and faith gonna take some effort on your part.
Speaker 2: Man, get out and do something.
Speaker 8: Man, you God will bless you a little bit and he give you a little bit more courage. And then all them attempts you making is gonna and all this so I'll try. You know what that turned into. I'm gonna get it done. And at the end of the day, that's what you have to do. Because trying to pay your rent and not paying your rent is two different things. You can you can try to play your pay your rent, or you can get it done. Now, how long you think you gonna stay in that house trying? You got to go with the mindset of getting it done. And if you can put some stuff out there and give God a chance to put his finger on and bless it for you the most stuff he can do for you, quit looking around at what everybody else got and gonna get some of it for yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you're listening hard morning show ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: It's here.
Speaker 8: I'm amazement. I just keep on having this feeling over and over. You know, I'm in twenty twenty four. I decided to really really focus on what God has done for me so I can show more gratitude.
Speaker 2: And it's really working, man, and it keeps me in.
Speaker 8: A state of awe, because I just can't believe how good God is being. Now. I know a lot of people that's listening to me still have a lot of wants.
Speaker 2: Some of you have some needs, some of you have some concerns.
Speaker 8: I understand that, but man, can you not be grateful for what you have just for a moment, because he's done a lot for you and brought you through a lot, and whatever you're going through, he gonna bring you through that too, because his track record and your track record for surviving unsurmountable odds and difficult times is one thousand percent. So release some stress from yourself because this too shall pass. That's a garan t ain't nowhere around it, Ladies, General Steve Harvey, Martin Show, Shelley Strapberry calling for real Mississippi, Monica Junior and the Legend of Nephew Tommy Junia.
Speaker 2: Julia much ease.
Speaker 10: You really believe that you see it every morning, you graceful every morning morning like this, Hey Doug, and guess what you You've rich it and all of them you still attitude.
Speaker 2: Well for long, not for long?
Speaker 8: Well, But but see the alternative. It's only ying and yang. It's only positive and negative. It's only good and evil. It's only right and wrong, and there is no alternative. So if you start your day off the right way, it at least helps you get off to a good start. To start it off the other way is you're gonna get the direct opposite. I just choose to at least start my day. Now, do I expect some things to go wrong? Not really, But I am a where that the things happen. Yeah. No matter how great you start your day, it's called life. It's going to happen, and I wait on it to happen to deal with it. See, Junior, what I think has to happen for a person in your position is you have to develop coping skills, as does everybody. And I think that's the thing that some people overlook. We have to develop coping skills. The reason we are tested throughout life is that so we get better at passing the tests. And in passing the test is how you develop coping skills. See, things that used to stop me don't even slow me down no more. Things that used to hurt me have no longer have an effect on me. Because I've had those problems and learn how to deal with them, I develop coping skills. But people don't want to view it that way. Too many people go all, oh, here this problem come again. Damn how many times I got to deal with this? No, that's exactly it. How many times have you dealt with it and you survived it? So now that you're aware of that, developed the skill set of calling it survival and learning and call it experience instead of calling it the same old problem. You can't get me with the same thing over and over and Oh, I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm too blessed to be stressed. I ain't got time for that. Thank you God.
Speaker 11: All right, coming up in thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from the nephew as he runs that prank back.
Speaker 3: Right after this you're listening Morning show.
Speaker 11: It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back.
Speaker 3: What you got for us today, nep.
Speaker 5: It's time to get a little makeup, you know, a little makeup, not no facial makeup, not even back makeup, but a little but make up, little butt makeup.
Speaker 2: Can you can you do my makeup?
Speaker 5: Keep wanting smooth guy, some smooth give me that this coloration and all of that, the part of people that you don't see.
Speaker 2: Let's go cat dog. Can you do my makeup?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 7: Hello? Manw we do uh? Brandy plue? Yes, this is Brandy Brandon. My name is Carl. I'm calling. I got a You can't highly recommend it. You actually you're you actually are? I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm saying it right. As a makeup artist, makeup styleist, what do you call it?
Speaker 12: It's makeup artists. I'm a professional makeup artists okay.
Speaker 7: And you work at the you work with the makeup counter and correct Okay, Listen, I got a I got a photo shoot coming up, and I wanted to see about sometime this week maybe the following week you could actually come and and I hire you to actually make me up with my photo shoot. Is do you do a lot of photo shoots at all or you?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, I should do. I've been in the business for ten years, so I've been around several photo shoots.
Speaker 7: Okay, good deal. So what's I mean? You have any time this week that I can actually just come in and we can do like a trial run or something.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll actually be here Friday for about six hours. Well, Friday works for you. I'm here, I start at eleven.
Speaker 7: At eleven, I mean I can come in like maybe like around three on Friday if you if can you squeeze me in at that time?
Speaker 12: I sure can.
Speaker 7: Okay. What's what's so good? Is there a certain makeup for for men, it's.
Speaker 12: Kind of works out. It works out the same as for women. In total shoots. You just need some type of cream, foundation, something even out the skin tone. Uh, powder you down to take away the oils, cover up any blimmishes or anything like that. It's pretty much the same. Of course, you don't get the whole eyeshadow and lashes and stuff, right.
Speaker 7: Right, right, right right. Well I'm not making all that, but I just trying to, you know, just trying to look good on camera. Let me ask you this, how much makeup have you done as far as men? You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Several?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm very comfortable with it.
Speaker 12: You'll be fine, trust me.
Speaker 7: That's what I was really worried about it, if you were going to be comfortable with it, because I mean, have you done I'm a little conscientious about a few things, you know what I mean? And uh, have you how many butts have you done?
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, how many what.
Speaker 7: Like like like butts? You know? How many? How many butts have you made up?
Speaker 12: I haven't made up any but like are you like you mean?
Speaker 6: Like ass?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean, because see I'm actually doing a nude photo shoot and uh, you know, I got a couple of scratches and you know, some old scars on my butt, and you know, like you said, you know, I'm a little shy about you know some of that souse. You could actually hope they actually make sure that those scars don't show, and you know you say you kind of you know, uh make sure everything is doesn't look oily, you know what I mean. And I just need to get my.
Speaker 12: Well, but I didn't when I didn't understand what you're talking about. I may not be the makeupout it.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 12: I'm not seriously, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Do your but I mean we're just talking about makeup though. I mean, you know you're talking about but I'm not about.
Speaker 12: To put my makeup brushes that I use on people's faces on your ad, like tell your photographer to like photoshop that.
Speaker 7: Okay, That's why I'm coming in to see you on Friday. I want you to do everything and make me up there in the store so I can see what.
Speaker 9: It looks like.
Speaker 7: I want to see you you were going to come into.
Speaker 12: My job and make me do your like what are you what planted or where did you think that was gonna work. You cannot come into my job. How are you going to come my job naked? Seriously?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, I was gonna wear a robe. I'm not gonna just, you know, walk on this or not.
Speaker 12: Don't you even think about coming into my job? Who referred you?
Speaker 9: Who talked?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 12: Need to delete this number?
Speaker 2: Do not.
Speaker 12: I'm not about to get this job.
Speaker 7: Done, okay, I don't want to you. Why is it a problem what you're doing? What is the problem what you're doing my butt and putting some makeup on it? Now if I need to buy you some brushes, I buy you some brushes and you can.
Speaker 12: Take I don't want you to buy me anything. I don't want you coming into my job. I don't want you calling me ever again to do any kind of.
Speaker 7: Work coming in there. And I'm now.
Speaker 12: Listen, I am a professional makeup artist. Clearly you don't know what that means.
Speaker 7: So professional, then you will take out the part that's bothering you and through the job. Lady, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: If my story is on it, I want to clear.
Speaker 12: I want to call on you before I get real ignorant. I'm not about to finish this conversation. Do not come into my job. Do not call me to do your That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 7: So so so, I guess it's say to go around and let people know that Brandy is not professional because you can't do part.
Speaker 12: Radation is good in the streets.
Speaker 7: Boot.
Speaker 12: You can't go around and tell anybody that I'm not professional. Nobody ever called me to be there. Get some skincare for you? How about that, and then you won't need any makeup.
Speaker 2: I know you did.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna sit here now start talking about my if I told you some of my deepest secrets to let you know, I want to come in there and get.
Speaker 12: Some makes when you're bad for telling the stranger your deepest secret.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know what. I'm coming up to your store anyway on Friday, all right, and I'll talk to you a boss.
Speaker 12: I'll let them know it for you. You heard me. Don't come in my job and look if I lose my job over your foolishness, I guarantee you will be paying all my bills.
Speaker 7: Okay. The bottom line is, I'm coming in there with my robe off Friday. Somebody gonna do my butt. You your manager, you're not.
Speaker 12: Coming you know what how about you come up here right now? How could I go ahead and take care of the situation right now? I'm hearing now, can you come right now?
Speaker 7: I'm up there right now with my roll bull am my law.
Speaker 8: More.
Speaker 12: Well, bring bring your butt up here right now. We'll see if your budgets done. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 7: Okay. Well, the bottom line, who is your manager anyway? What's she at?
Speaker 8: Is she there?
Speaker 12: I am the manager?
Speaker 7: Now what? Okay? See that's what the damn problem is. You got your little self a little position at your job. Now you're trying to throw your weight around if if a person wants to get their butt done. Okay, look do you see avatar?
Speaker 9: Them?
Speaker 7: People have makeup all on they butt all on their back and every where.
Speaker 12: Not you call them. You call them and ask them to do your butt. Don't call me. I'm hanging up. Do not call me anymore.
Speaker 7: They gonna make up artists. What are you look?
Speaker 12: This conversation is over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's over because you know what. Let me know something. Do you know who you're talking to? Do you know who you're talking to?
Speaker 12: Do you know who you're talking to?
Speaker 7: I know who I'm talking to. I'm talking to Brandy. But do Brandy know who Brandy talking to?
Speaker 12: Clearly somebody who is ignorant.
Speaker 7: Okay, well let me tell you who I am. This is Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harby Morning Show. You just got franked by your girlfriend Carmen.
Speaker 12: You are lie ye, I'll get off the phone.
Speaker 9: I'll get it.
Speaker 12: Why do that? I hope nobody's listening.
Speaker 7: I got you good. I got you good.
Speaker 12: Good with the butt, Yeah, for real, get you some skincare problem.
Speaker 7: Maybe I got one more thing. I got to ask you, what is the baddest And I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 12: Land, all the damn Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: All right, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 11: Coming up next it is Ask the CLO with our chief Love officers.
Speaker 3: You're listening Morning show coming.
Speaker 11: Up at the top of the hour. In entertainment news, the latest on the TikTok band. Country music star Jelly Roll regrets pretty much all of his one million and.
Speaker 3: One tattoos he has all over his.
Speaker 11: So many and Bruno Mars reportedly owhs get this guy's I was wondering where Bruno Mars was he owes MGM Casino fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's the rumor.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 11: We'll talk about all of these stories at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the clo.
Speaker 3: This is from Amber in Chicago. Colo.
Speaker 11: Amber says, I'm twenty eight years old and I've been married for a year. I haven't had the urge to be intimate with my husband in two months. He said, he'll leave me if I keep this up. Should I lie to him and get a note from my doctor to get him to stop pressuring me?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 8: Well, you can go get the note from the doctor. That ain't when he said nothing about your doctor. He said, if discontinue, he gonna leave you. Even brain note from doctor, isn't.
Speaker 3: It two months?
Speaker 2: But you clearly need to hear what he told you.
Speaker 8: Though, now you want to go get a note from a doctor, which is not true, But you just they had the desire to have sex with two months. He said, if it's keep this up, he's gonna leave you. He done told you that. Now you really need to find out why you have no sexual desire. They got pilled for women for that, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Yeah, a year though they're going to be married a year.
Speaker 3: And two months have gone by without it.
Speaker 2: He out, and you're twenty eight. He out, You're done.
Speaker 8: He not going to do that. We'll tell you right now. He don't see you'll come in there. You could tell me something like that. I'm sixty seven. I'll ride with you. He ain't going for sid You said you worked through something problem. Yeah, they, you know.
Speaker 11: Get some need as a husband, shouldn't be more compassionate though, he's just saying he's out.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean, what about a sexual therapist?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Out the marriage? Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean what what you've done? Stopped after one year? What's that about?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean yeah, I think they you know, they need some issues right there for sure?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 11: Moving moving on to Domingus in Savannah, Dimingus writes, my wife slept with an old friend of mine years ago before we met. He's in town and wants to come by. But I don't want to keep I want to keep them separate. She said we should invite him out for a drink. Is it normal for me to still be jealous about their history?
Speaker 8: Hell? Yeah, we ain't going No, damn well, he can take it as all over town.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna be here with us.
Speaker 3: What's he thinking though, what does the husband think?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: But see what is she thinking? We take him out?
Speaker 8: So he thinks why we want to take him out?
Speaker 11: She's thinking it's over done with. They don't know each other back then, what's the big all that?
Speaker 3: What's he thinking?
Speaker 2: He thinking?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: Hell no, you ain't bringing the fox in the hen house. You're not starting to campfire in the living room because number one, the dude ain't forgot at no way. I'm sitting up here there with you, and you just slept with my wife, don't care how far back.
Speaker 11: It work, and you don't even give a damn.
Speaker 8: And you are autumatic enemies.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 11: Moving on to Marlena and Queens. Marlena says, I'm dietting a man that has stinky feet. He's tried everything to fix it, and I've seen all of the powder and the sprays in his bathroom. Can I suggest some medical ways to fix it? Or will that be too embarrassing for him?
Speaker 8: I liked ways for that. You've got to burn them insoles on them shoes.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 8: See he's dealing with trapp funky. See powder works on people. It's all types of stuff. Powder works on people, but it ain't working on you. Is in them shoes and the leather and the insoles and themsel nikers.
Speaker 2: It's in the shoes.
Speaker 3: So he needs shoes away.
Speaker 2: He gonna have started.
Speaker 1: Shoe collection, the whole new shoe collection.
Speaker 8: It's in them shoes, classics, it's in them shoes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So you put all the foot powder and stuff on you want.
Speaker 8: If you stick it back down in that level, you stick it back down in that phone, it wins.
Speaker 3: Okay. So this is not a medical condition, you're saying, no, sir.
Speaker 11: No, so, because that's how she wants to fix it. But she doesn't want to embarrass him, and she likes him. She wants them around.
Speaker 3: She wants the people.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, tried it, the man and tried everything. He know their problem. But it's in them shoes, all right, the materia down in them shoes, and they gangst. What about the sons, No, see you can wash them sop.
Speaker 2: What that insult?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she need to get all that down in some pine sop, all of it.
Speaker 2: That way, at least your feet and smelled like furniture.
Speaker 8: The peal whoa he smelling like hot furniture.
Speaker 2: That's being else.
Speaker 11: All right, last one, this is Roe and Providence. Roe says, my five year old had a temper tantrum in church after I took my phone away from her. My mother said, I disrupted church for no reason. I'm trying to teach my child how to behave at church without my phone or iPad.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing wrong? Well, but now we need to get down and what's really wrong?
Speaker 3: What's really wrong?
Speaker 2: What's wrong the ass?
Speaker 3: But in church?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, no, come on outside every time about going to pull me down to the back of that church and snatched me out in that home. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: So when I take you back up in here, the only signs they can hear out of me is just.
Speaker 3: Here the whimpering.
Speaker 8: If you, if you, if you let these people know you cry, We're gonna go right back out in the hall.
Speaker 3: I'm really giving something he cries for. Yes, they don't do that anymore.
Speaker 6: Steve, But why can't Why can't the child have have the phone with the pet phones or either put the child to his church serving the Lord? What about putting her in children or he in children's church?
Speaker 8: In five stop sending the heathen asked kids of yours Donalds to Bible school as soon as you walk out. It turned it to a damn detention center. Stop doing that.
Speaker 3: They don't understand the message.
Speaker 8: Five dropping off the kids at Bible schools.
Speaker 11: All right, thank you, Clo. Coming up at the top of the hour. We'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening Harvey Morning Show. The US House of Representatives voted three fifty two to sixty five to ban TikTok in the US unless his parents parent company agrees to sell it. While half of American adults under thirty opposed banning TikTok, only one in five supported. A majority of US adults do support the ban of TikTok and US government devices. The biggest concerns about TikTok are the amount of time that young children spend on the app. The federal government is saying the Chinese government is using it to spy on us. However, if the band goes down, what happens to the thousands of influences outs influencers out there. The TikTok economy actually generates millions of dollars through advertising and other means, so a band could be more than just an annoyance. Lawmaker said. The bill is moving slowly in the Senate because they are more divided on the issue, so it can possibly happen. A ban on TikTok.
Speaker 8: I bet I don't lose no sleep about it all.
Speaker 6: And let me tell you, in my house, the teenagers are like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: They're upset the young people.
Speaker 6: It's pure panic mode over here, sat right, Let's let's do a march.
Speaker 3: And other entertainment news.
Speaker 11: According to billboard dot com, big part of country music star Jellyroll's look, of course, are his signature tattoos. In a recent interview with GQ magazine, he is not a fan of his own tattoos. He says, quote, I regret ninety eight percent of these tattoos, ninety seven percent, almost all of them like core philosophies.
Speaker 3: I root it, and I root it my life.
Speaker 11: And when I was seventeen, and now that I'm forty, I'm like, what the blank was I thinking? The jelly Roll has a misspelling on one of its tattoos. It was supposed to say surviving the struggle, but they forgot the tea and it says, surviving the struggle.
Speaker 5: What so.
Speaker 3: He's not into his tattoos anymore? Tommy, you have a few tattoos.
Speaker 2: You do? Come on tattoos? Boy?
Speaker 3: Do you all want tattoos? You want more tattoos? You like tattoos?
Speaker 2: One sleeve is enough?
Speaker 3: I'm good on your whole arm meanings? Yeah, so what's on it?
Speaker 2: There's a lot on it.
Speaker 5: There's a cancer ribbon on its survivor Okay.
Speaker 2: No, man, people can do whatever they want. No damn body you can. They want to go down there with what you want? You want one?
Speaker 6: I'm not going to matching tattoos.
Speaker 3: I'm sleeve though, Steve.
Speaker 6: Put Tommy's face. Put Tommy's face on my loving nephew.
Speaker 8: Think about what you said right there. I think about that. Chances that that happened.
Speaker 2: You won't do it? Do what you a pitch of Tommy on your lift shows you know what else you do when you have a tattoo. No, no, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: You don't have any tattoos.
Speaker 2: Now, why don't you clear your thoat? We on the radio. I know that, but I ain't got no voice. Oh okay, okay, I got you.
Speaker 3: It sounds deeper though, I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna give this?
Speaker 2: A picture of Timmy on your lift shoulder? Though? Can you do that?
Speaker 5: You should get your mustache your logo on. Now that's you get that'd be good. It was a family on family a few two weeks ago. All of them got tattoos of me when they found out they was coming on the show What the Girl and the girl is the tattoo artist. She put it on her family, four of them and one of them didn't do it before of them had tattoos on their arm and she bought the tattoo gun on Amazon.
Speaker 6: Okay, so what what is the tattoo of you?
Speaker 1: Your mustache?
Speaker 2: The face?
Speaker 3: Seriously?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, no, they put them on that permanent man. I wish I was stunned.
Speaker 11: Wow, wow, I can't either. So now Jelly Roll says he did this when he was seventeen. So, I mean, we do a lot of crazy things when we're young.
Speaker 8: Tommy just did he is no Tommy, yep, but all but but it ain't. But the only thing you ain't got just a cancer ribbon on? Now I understand what's the other stuff.
Speaker 2: It's tribal.
Speaker 5: The rest of his tribal tribal warriors warriors stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't in our family. What is you that wnt?
Speaker 8: What tribe shun't put on yourself that we ain't discussed.
Speaker 6: He's a tribal, he didn't watched too much of yellow stuff?
Speaker 2: Ain't no, damn? What is you talking about?
Speaker 3: Native Americans? Americans were not.
Speaker 8: We ain't that either. Hate him put something tribal on his own? I like it, I love it. What is it though? What is we tribal from?
Speaker 2: Tell me? I'm gonna call my sister because maybe she could.
Speaker 8: Tell me what my sister know everything? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, my older sister moaning or anything. Tribe Tommy from the tribe.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what that is. I ain't mean to say that. What tribe I'm from? That the lily, the lily Puis tribe. You know.
Speaker 8: Tom To tied that big head, the one that jumped and tied that man down that time there was a big wall, big war when all the little people got big all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: About setting up and tied his ass down.
Speaker 3: Coming up in twenty minutes after that.
Speaker 2: Was Thomas's favorite story. He was a little blood.
Speaker 11: Well we'll talk about Donald Trump coming up, and he said it's going to be a blood bath if he doesn't win the election.
Speaker 3: Right after this, you're listening Morning show, Donald.
Speaker 11: Trump says it's going to be a blood bath for the country if he's not elected. He further added that the US will not see another election if this is not one while speaking.
Speaker 3: At auto industry rally in Ohio.
Speaker 11: At an auto industry rally in Ohio, Trump made the remarks while speaking about the possibility of an increasing trade war with China over auto manufacturing. He said, quote, now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a blood bath for the whole that's going to be the least of it.
Speaker 3: He added, it's going to be a blood bath for the country.
Speaker 11: That will be the least of it. But they're not going to sell those cars. They're building massive factories, So his bloodbath comment is about the auto industry.
Speaker 3: Following his remark.
Speaker 11: Trump's niece Mary Trump took to x formerly Twitter, of course, to warn others of the seriousness of her uncle's statement. She said, Donald Trump does not deserve the benefit of the doubt, and this isn't a blanking joke. His statement is both a threat and a promise. The corporate media needs to start acting accordingly. In other words, believe what you're here.
Speaker 3: If he says it, believes.
Speaker 8: He's not that bright to mean something else. He don't do double connotations. He said exactly what he's thinking. Yeah, this man right here said it. If he don't win the election, it's going to be a blood bath. And that's the least of it. He showed you that before. Yes, I don't know, but you know, it's just I don't care what he says. These fools are going to vote for him. Yeah, because they are just as immoral as he is. And for those of us that care about our children, I grant you, we got to get out to vote.
Speaker 2: Look, man, this got buff Steve.
Speaker 11: What what about the people who are saying, oh, he can't possibly mean that a blood beth.
Speaker 3: Come on, he's gonna be Come.
Speaker 8: On in broad daylight, go down there and storm the capitol.
Speaker 3: Who you saw the people, yeah.
Speaker 8: Q nine, all of them organizations, proud boys, everybody was down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but they saw it. They still don't believe it.
Speaker 8: But listen for him to be talking about pardoning these people the day he gets in.
Speaker 2: He's gonna pardon all of these people.
Speaker 8: So now, all those police officers that lost their lives, all those people that were injured and killed, all those people's lives who were threatened, that means nothing because you feel as though they were down there on your behalf. And he's telling you if he don't win this, there never will be another one in this country? Are people not listening to Everything he's saying is self serving? There is nothing he's saying for the good of the country. Everything this man says is to benefit him.
Speaker 1: I'm going that word, Harvey.
Speaker 11: Yes, Yes, coming up at thirty four minutes after the hour. Marriage rates are up and divorce rates are down. We'll talk about it right after this. Wow, you're listening, Harvey Morning Show. According to cnn dot Com, the marriage rate in twenty twenty two returned to pre pandemic highs. New government data shows that after a year of COVID nineteen pandemic lockdowns, it put many engagements and weddings on hold temporarily. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, a unit of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there were over two million marriages in total in.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty two.
Speaker 11: That's the first time the totals surpassed two million since twenty nineteen. The divorce and annulment rate dipped back in twenty nineteen, but in twenty twenty it bounced back. However, the divorce rate is slightly on the decline again. And here's a question for you guys. Why is marriage important? Why do people feel the need still to get married?
Speaker 2: Let's start tell you what.
Speaker 3: I don't get married.
Speaker 2: I got married.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 10: I can't adulte by myself. That's why I'm sick. I need somebody to take care of me. That's what I got married.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, love, commitment, love.
Speaker 2: I didn't get married for love. Don't but what love? You didn't get married for love?
Speaker 1: I love the person that take care of me.
Speaker 6: I do you got married to have a caretaker's?
Speaker 2: Do y'all have sickle sel?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, well I do? I know? I got married.
Speaker 1: Ken feel married and she's a nurse. It was a win win, It was a win win over here.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all looking at. So did she get married?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Then let me assy something, Jude. Did she get married? Because you're patient?
Speaker 7: Right, we ask?
Speaker 2: What was she?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes? Don't nobody want to marry nobody and tied to their damn job. I mad her because I'm sick of hell. I got me a nurse. Which did she man you? Because you're a patient should work all day? And then she come home and here your ass is laying up.
Speaker 1: Here, still working.
Speaker 2: Junior.
Speaker 8: I tried to lob this ball to you to give you a chance to make a dunt.
Speaker 2: Let's just start with Junior. He's the newly wed.
Speaker 8: Newly weds have a nice, nice sense of what marriage is. Is more rosie, I hand the ball off of your ignorant act.
Speaker 2: You're talking about you.
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 8: The hell?
Speaker 2: Well, we ain't got it. Well, I'll tell you what thing I say? What my prescriptions are?
Speaker 1: Freaking healthcare? Marriage?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, you can do this over. You got a chance to do it over, to.
Speaker 2: Do it over.
Speaker 3: I just told you, Oh god, ye do it.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 11: Let's let's move on. Steve, who's next?
Speaker 1: You can get I can get an IV bag for you can't.
Speaker 3: But we're not.
Speaker 6: He dropped the mic when he said that, Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 11: Right, here's the question again. Maybe you didn't hear the question. Why is marriage important? Why do people feel the need to get married because marriage rates are up, divorces down.
Speaker 3: That's how we started, Junior.
Speaker 8: I got married because I got big lips and I needed to marriage somebody with smaller it just any reason, Tommy's.
Speaker 5: God, I love my wife. She is the best thing in the world to me.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we have to match. We have to match, juniors, and oh we gotta managine Junior.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, what's the real reason again? See one more time? You got married because what?
Speaker 8: I got married because I got big lips and I needed to marriage somebody's a smaller lips.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me go.
Speaker 5: I married somebody shorter than me so I could be taller than them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, started, junior.
Speaker 2: You think I'm gonna change my answer.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you something, me getting married to her, extending my life twenty years.
Speaker 7: I' here.
Speaker 2: The hell is y'all mad at me?
Speaker 9: Folk?
Speaker 2: Because I got married for help? Getting married for help? No, you need a throat loss and Jode, Yeah, that's why you work on that today.
Speaker 8: That's why you go once was like this last week, though deeper, it is deeper than by.
Speaker 5: That is wrong with your throat. It is a high deep, it's.
Speaker 10: A I bet, I bet I'll be here twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 11: All right, hey, all right, show coming up next, it is the nephew with the prank phone call for today. Right after this, you're listening Hard Morning Show. Coming up at the top of the hour. Right about four minutes after, it's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is she has no idea what he's doing. We'll get into that find out what that's all about coming up, But right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call.
Speaker 3: Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 5: Well, Shirley, Uh, you know this could be dedicated to you because this is a it's pecan tree, but for you it's probably pecine p can, p can tree. I don't know who says p can it can, it's a pecan tree. All right, let's go man, it is percand.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm trying to reach uh LC.
Speaker 9: This is hey.
Speaker 2: Let me let me Hey. My name is Marcus.
Speaker 5: Uh my mom and them little next door to you, Mr and missus my mom and daddy little next door to you. And I was calling cause y'all got a pecan tree in y'all backyard, I mean right on the fence line, and to keep you know, pecan and stuff keep falling over into my mom and them yard. So ill to see if y'all can do something man, where y'all can pick up I mean, my mom and them have got a little older. You know, we've been picking them up for a long time. But I need somebody to, like, maybe you can cut the limbs back that's hanging over so that they won't you know, the pecans won't be falling over into my mom and them yard, cause you know, for them to be bending over like there picking up them pecan and it's a lot of them. So, you know, mister, I just wanted to holler at you and see if you don't mind maybe cutting the limbs back, because even when we turn the lawnmower on and stuff, man, it's just, you know, the pecans and stuff be coming out of the lawnmow just shooting all over the place.
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, my mather cone trills an old con tree, and uh, it's fout well and I can't see me cutting it.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, I'm not saying you.
Speaker 9: Can't have nobody to maintain your yard, but I mean you it is your mother. You can maintain your mother's yard.
Speaker 5: Sir, I go by my mother's house, you know, every other day and check on them. But I don't have time to go in the back and pick up pecans and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you just it don't seem no more than like maybe four or five limbs that's hanging over there. But they're four or five limbs, I mean they there's a lot of pecans falling off of that.
Speaker 9: So mava con tree is shady. I goes back there, there's nothing, no kind of nothing back there. Okay, to the yard whatever, sir. I'm not cutting like that, sir.
Speaker 5: Listen, what I'm what I'm trying to get you to do is I'm not I want you cutting your entire tree down. I just want you to cut a few limbs, sir, so you know those that way that those are the ones that are hanging over it won't be you know, the pecans won't be falling over into my mom's them yard. And and you know, like I say, they are older now, man, they can't be bending over like that. So you know, I'm I'm just coming to you as a man right now and asking you will you please cut this down? So these pecans can quick falling over my mom and.
Speaker 9: Them yard almost you. All you can do is hard someone, okay, someone I know your mother. Don't cut your yard.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's a guy that it's a guy that cuts the yard. But even when he cutting the yard, these pecans is flying out from underneath the yard the lawn more they they So the lady, we're gonna be breaking windows over there.
Speaker 9: What kind of lawn person you have that don't pick up before they cut?
Speaker 7: That's food?
Speaker 5: Why am I arguing with you about picking up stuff and all of this?
Speaker 2: I'm asking you to cut.
Speaker 5: A funky left five limbs so these dog cons ain't a following off.
Speaker 2: My mama yard.
Speaker 9: You you want to cut you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna make me come over here, cut the whole. I would come cut the whole damn tree down.
Speaker 9: You ain't gonna put my tree. I grew that tree from when I was a kid, and that tree gonna say that your lord, as I say, though.
Speaker 5: Sir, look I didn't ask you like a man to cut your little funkey pecan tree down.
Speaker 2: Now, I ain't fro the hat.
Speaker 9: No what you know what guess what you you you bad know you come cut it.
Speaker 5: I fin look sir, tonight today rather this evening. It's either gonna be two things happening. Either you gonna cut these five limbs and I won't cut off Fenna cut cut the whole damn pecan tree down.
Speaker 9: That's my tree in any game, nobody's gonna with my tree. I'm here right now. You're not hearing the yard right now. Come on, it's you over that right now, right now.
Speaker 1: I will bring my.
Speaker 2: Right hold back.
Speaker 9: You know what, you get my number in the.
Speaker 5: Way, got your know I got it because it's the same.
Speaker 2: It is one address less than my mama. You're gonna cut this damn tree down.
Speaker 9: I'm waiting on them. But anyway, man, I ain't using my preaching stelling in the long top any way. I've been waiting on them like you.
Speaker 2: You lost your damn mind.
Speaker 9: You live young, conk. I told you once, then I told you twice. I'm on you, young. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: See that's what's right.
Speaker 9: You know what you can do. Tell your mama to make a forcran pie and bring me a piece. What you say about my mama, Tell them to make a pecan pie and come for me. Tell my mama what make a corn pie.
Speaker 2: With make a pecan pie? I don't want no pecan pie. We don't even eat pocn pie.
Speaker 5: We so sick of these damn pecans you got following over in the backyard.
Speaker 2: You got to do something about this.
Speaker 5: Man. I'm trying to I'm trying not to hurt you, old man. I really am hurt me.
Speaker 9: Hurt mean, come on, hurt.
Speaker 7: Me right for me.
Speaker 2: I'm on my I'm on my way. Is yall outside?
Speaker 1: Is you outside?
Speaker 9: You know how?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 9: Say you know what? I'm here, I'm here, I'm I'm a man. Your mamaway you get out?
Speaker 5: You get out my mama driveway right now, get out my mama driveway.
Speaker 9: I want up putting me out.
Speaker 5: I'd you'll get your get y'all fucking your driveway.
Speaker 2: You get out my mama driveway. Get out of it. You get out of my mama driveway.
Speaker 9: WOA crying for now? Tell you I'm here waiting on you.
Speaker 1: You get out of my mama get out my mama drive away.
Speaker 9: Baby baby, go cook me some me cause I'm gonna sit here.
Speaker 2: I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 9: With you listening, you don't want to say to say, I'm waiting at you at your mama house.
Speaker 2: This is nephew.
Speaker 5: Tell me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your brother.
Speaker 9: Man, I don't pay this gunner. Man, I'm gonna put my feet man, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: I don't say I'm too old. It's kind of.
Speaker 6: L se.
Speaker 2: Do me a favor.
Speaker 5: First of all, get im people yard, go back to yo yard, and.
Speaker 9: You were giving me hot blood pressure.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody mad by your pekan try noney that ain't nobody finna cut it down.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody tripping you? Alright?
Speaker 9: Got a living now, man, I've been carrying my grandkids school listeners. Listen, man, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all, boy, y'all. Something else, Man, I.
Speaker 2: Got one more question for you.
Speaker 5: Tell me what is the baddest radio station in the land?
Speaker 9: L season the same of it.
Speaker 2: So come on, let's get some breaking praise up in here.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, come on, some breaking praise up in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, I already said it. I said it last time.
Speaker 5: I was gonna be what in Montgomery, Alabama? Me and earthquake checking it up along with Celebrity the comedian and JJ Williamson. And then I thought, that is March the thirtieth Saturday Night. I don't want to make sure I get the dates right on that March thirty Saturday night tickets on Seal It. Right now, make sure everybody in the gump get ready to bring your black hat. Were gonna throw them up in the air together. We're gonna have a big, big, big fun going on in the gump, all right, and laying in the cut it is Friday, April April fifth in New York City.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 5: What what called what what what what what at the Barkleys. Now do you want me to run down the line up on this thing right here? This is an April Fool's Comedy jam. You got Brian Hooks, you got Shawntay Wayne's, you got Nephew Tommy, you got Tracy Morgan. This is all hosted by Rip Michaels. You've got Bruce Bruce in the house.
Speaker 2: You got d L.
Speaker 5: Hughgley, you got oh my god, just hilarious Coke Cooke Brown or Tory Hart, dj Envy in the building. Line in love on the show, Where is.
Speaker 2: Y'all five minutes each.
Speaker 3: It's an extra comedy extravagant.
Speaker 2: I ain't never heard of many.
Speaker 5: Damn people don't show before you not on April filth Friday night. Man, it's the April Fool's Comedy Jam. It's at the Barclays Center. Oh my god, Brooklyn in.
Speaker 1: The house, DK, Baby BK.
Speaker 2: Tickets on sale.
Speaker 8: I want to go up there just to see if all y'all gonna get on stay.
Speaker 5: We all gonna be ons day. Everybody got detached, yes, sir, all right, all.
Speaker 11: Right, nephew, that is a lot, all right coming up. Strawberry Letter. The subject she has no idea what he's doing. We'll find out what that's all about right after this.
Speaker 3: You're listening.
Speaker 11: Morning show, and it's time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationship, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve Harvey FM Calm and click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 3: We could be reading.
Speaker 11: Your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: He could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here it in strawberry.
Speaker 11: Letter Thank you nephew's subject. She has no idea what he's doing. Here's Stephen Shirley. I'm a thirty four year old married woman and I'm staying at my cousin's house temporarily while I'm working on a project in Austin. My cousin is fifty two and her husband is forty eight. My room is on the other side of their house, by the kitchen. I've heard my cousin's husband on the phone mumbling late at night, darn near every night since I've been staying with them. He's usually on the couch every night until three am, and then he goes to bed. My cousin is up and out early in the morning for work, and then her hubby is free to FaceTime some woman that has an annoying laugh. She's tickled by everything my cousin's husband tells her. I can't hear all of it conversation. I just hear her giggling. I've seen him come in from work, hanging up the phone as he reaches the back door. The worst part was running into him recently at the grocery store's seafood counter. I playfully said. I was surprised to see him in the store and asked if he was cooking dinner. He told me, yes, he was making dinner, but not at home. I almost choked. He beat me to the house and he was in the showers, so I assumed he was joking. When I saw him in the grocery store, I went and peeked in his car, and the grocery bags were on the back seat. Around seven thirty pm, he threw on a sweatsuit and headed out. I decided to ask my cousin if she knew where he went. She said he was going to the gym so he wouldn't have to get up early in the morning to go. He walked in at two am and slept on the couch. My cousin has no idea.
Speaker 3: What he thinks he's doing.
Speaker 11: Is it best to stay out of this or can I give her a few pints? Well, I mean, come on, I think you already know the answer to your own question. And I think you know what Steve and I are going to say. We're going to say, this is not your business.
Speaker 3: Of course. Yeah, you're staying at their house.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's what I'm saying as well. I know you think you should be doing something because this is your cousin you want to help. You feel compelled, you know, to help her see this loser of a husband she has for who he really is.
Speaker 3: But you have to stay out of this.
Speaker 11: Come on, now, your cousin is going to end up having some sort of misplaced anger towards you, you know, and getting mad at you for telling her all of this. You'll get put out and you won't be able to finish your project that you're doing. That's the reason you're staying in the house in the first place. I say you stay focused on what you came therefore, hurry up and finish so you can get out of the house asap. That is the only thing you should be concerned about right now. Whatever he's doing buying breakfast, I mean he buying a dinner and all that he's with his cheating, She's bound to see what's what he's doing if she even cares before too long. Anyway, you don't have to have anything to do with that who leaves groceries in the car and bags.
Speaker 3: I mean, your.
Speaker 11: Cousin and her husband are going to have to figure this out on their own. They do not need your help, Steve.
Speaker 2: Oh can we do another letter? Can we? Can? We just do another letter?
Speaker 3: It's so odd one we have for today? Just do it.
Speaker 2: It's just so obvious, though, Why are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is of course.
Speaker 2: How many times have we had to tell people?
Speaker 8: Mostly me though, because Shirley will switch up on you in a minute. Shirley would yes about me, just give your Well, I'm just saying I was really surprised because Shirley will, girl, you have to tell her.
Speaker 2: I've heard you do.
Speaker 3: It maybe a long, long long time ago. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Oh so what has changed?
Speaker 3: This is not about me just giving me will?
Speaker 2: It's about this. Let we gotta do something because the letter ain't nothing you doing?
Speaker 3: Glasses?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, these are off.
Speaker 2: These ain't got nothing to do with this letter?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 2: I bug the glasses online?
Speaker 3: Okay, they're cute.
Speaker 8: I actually did the face fitting in and everything. I don't have nothing to do that day. Nothing.
Speaker 3: Back to the letter.
Speaker 8: You're a thirty four year old married woman. You're staying at your cousin's house temporarily. You need to get out now, you say, your cousin fifty two and her husband is forty eight. Now, all of this stuff you're doing really technically, technically, it's speculation.
Speaker 2: Technically, And I'll tell you why. I've heard my.
Speaker 8: Cousin's husband on the phone mumbling at night, okay, what he say? What he say? Was he planning a birthday surprise for his wife? Was he playing in an anniversary surprise for his wife? He was mumbling, lay that night? What did he say? Cause you don't know. And it's every night since I've been staying with him. He's usually on the couch every night to three of them, and then he go to bed. My cousin is up earlier and going out for work when her husband free to FaceTime some woman that has an annoying laugh. So now you don't know what they say at night, and you don't know what she laughing at during the daytime. But it's an annoying laugh. She's tickled by everything my husband tells her, but you don't know what he's telling her. I can't hear all the convers sations, Jess hug Gigli, Lady, this is a letter full of speculation. You don't even know what they say it and you've admitted it three times already. I've seen him come here for work. Hang up the phone as he reaches the back note. So now you don't even know what he said outside either.
Speaker 3: Hang on, Steve, hay On.
Speaker 11: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letter, subject she has no idea what he's doing. We'll get back into it. Get Steve's response at twenty three minutes right after this. You're listening.
Speaker 3: Morning show.
Speaker 11: All right, Come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry letter. The subject is she has no idea what he's doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but then you don't either, because according to this letter, you don't know a damn thing either.
Speaker 2: Now let's go into this letter.
Speaker 8: You stand at your cousins house because you're working on a project down in Austin. She fifty two, her husband forty eight. You thirty four. My room on the other side of the house by the kitchen. Now listen to this. I dodn've heard my cousin's husband on the phone mumbling that night. Okay, what he say?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 8: You don't know because he mumbling and damnitar every night since I've been staying there. He's usually on the couch every night to three of them, and then he go to bed. My cousin up in early after the house, going to work, mornings, going to work, and her husband free to FaceTime some woman that has an annoying laugh. Okay, what she laughing at? You don't know that either. She's tickled by everything my husband tells her husband. She's tickled by everything my cousin husbands tell her. I can't hear all the conversations. What, Oh, you can't, So you still don't know what's being said, what's being discussed. You don't know nothing. I just hear her giggling. That's it. So now you you're gonna break up the massage over some giggling and some mumblet and you don't know what nobody said. I've seen him come home from work. Hang up the phone as he reaches the back door. Oh, he outside talking. Now you don't know who he talking to on that phone when he reached the back door. It could be her, but you don't know that. It could be a business call, but you don't know. It could be his boy. He could be buying some weed.
Speaker 2: You don't know that.
Speaker 8: You see what I'm saying the worst part though, what she thinks she got some information. I ran her to him at Richly at the grocery store seafood counter. I playfully said, I'm surprised to see you at the stove. I asked if he was cooking dinner. He said, yeah, he making dinner, but not at home. Oh, truth, truth, Yeah, I'm making dinner, but not at home. I almost choked. He beat me to the house and he was in the shower, so I assumed he was joking.
Speaker 2: Well, he wasn't.
Speaker 8: When I saw him at the grocery store, I went and peecked in his car and the grocery bags was on the back seat. Okay, what's the problem. He told you he was cooking dinner, but not at home. So around seven thirty, he threw on a sweatsuit and headed out. I decided to ask my cousin if she knew that where he went. She said he was going to the gym so he wouldn't have to get up early in the morning. Okay, so he was heading to the gym with his sweatsuit on. He walked in at two am and slept on the couch.
Speaker 2: Long time.
Speaker 8: At the gym, then after you go to the gym, you gotta go eat somewhere. So he took the seafood and he made dinner wherever he made it at. Somebody told me one time, the lifestyle got kitchens in it. Really, somebody told me somewhere Lifestyle got it. You can do your hair down the lifestyle. You're a little facial down the lifesty. Somebody told me that. I ain't never been in the lifestyle, but somebody, just somebody just told me that. They say you can do. You can rint an office down at lifestyle. They got snack bars and everything that lifestyle.
Speaker 11: So you just go to the grocery store, get your dinner, cook it there, work out, get your hair.
Speaker 8: Down that lifestyle. Some lifestyle gyms is open twenty four hours. He walked in at two am and slept on the couch. My cousin has no idea what he's doing, and you don't either. You have no clue. You speculating, but you ain't heard him say nothing. You ain't heard him talk to no woman. You know there's a woman on the phone giggling, but you can't hear no conversations. He hang up the phone. When you get in the back door. I got it, oh, I oh, oh, I got how he looks. I see exactly how it looks. And one and one is two. Yeah, But the problem is you doing arithmetic, not her. Is it best to stay out of this? So can I give her a few hits? Yeah, gonna give her some hits. You a gonna be out of Austin though, I tell you that right now. I'm gonna tell you that right now. Yo. He spent your last days in Austin, gonna get your little money together for the hotel and everything. But now, what are you gonna tell your cousin?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: He'd be on the phone at night.
Speaker 8: I know, girl, he got a business. He'd be mumbling he don't want to wake everybody up. He hang on the phone before he comes through the back door. He trying to spend quality time in here, trying to put a gross job home. He went down at the grocery store and bought some seafood, and he go where did he take it to? He told you he was going to cook dinner somewhere. Yeh uh, huh, Well where where did he go?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I thought you knew.
Speaker 2: See, lady, it ain't add no for you.
Speaker 8: Now, if this is the wife writing a letter, Shirley would have a whole nother answer for her.
Speaker 2: Girl. Leave him. You know what's going on with you? Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, no, I still say a speculation because you need to find out what's being said on the phone call.
Speaker 11: You be trying to figure out a lie. Post your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app Free Never sounded so good. You can download it today now. Coming up in forty six minutes after the hour, Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: Right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show. All right, it is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. Junior, what you got.
Speaker 10: Well, it starts today, gentlemen. March Madness. Let's get ready for it starts today.
Speaker 2: March March Madness. Today. You're ready to get ready for markin.
Speaker 3: Boy, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: I'm let me get it out time. You can't get it out.
Speaker 3: Hate none, I.
Speaker 1: Know sure, I don't even care.
Speaker 2: Number one seeds though sports five years.
Speaker 8: With spots, number one season you have Nathaniel Wishers.
Speaker 10: You can't Houston, Purdue and University of North Caro Line.
Speaker 1: They're all number one seeds, number one.
Speaker 10: Ow yeah, Houston University, Houston, Man, We I don't see Cleave.
Speaker 2: Don't have a you know, man, you're running your mouth for a lot.
Speaker 10: What you mean running your mouth for a whole lot?
Speaker 1: Because we just we just we we were doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Cleveland don't have a large college. Is that is that Houston's fault? Not at all.
Speaker 10: Here's the people that got snubbed though. University of Virginia, they played to Night and Howard. They're trying to buy their way into the tournament. But I just go for Howard. University of Howard is up for the tournament. Yes, we're gonna We're gonna root for Howard Howard University, Howard University, Howard University.
Speaker 2: You congratulations.
Speaker 8: You ain't gonna be rooting a long congratulations though, Come on, man, a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Holler now, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, holler now you just no no this dog, dog dog, this is the big turner.
Speaker 2: Get in the n I T you have a run. Come on playing. It's not even for them, it's not do the sports. Take your heart out of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I believe, I believe in how University.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 8: I believe it's a great institution. I believe it's one of the great HBCUs. I believe they turned out some masterful people. The vice president from my Howard University. I believe in Howard University. Okay, yes, but we're talking about basketball.
Speaker 10: Team they about to play tonight.
Speaker 1: Up you go down, be watching and rooting.
Speaker 2: I ain't killing their dreams. I hope they do win. But come on now, tell university, come on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, for you gave it a good try. Thank you.
Speaker 11: Coming up next to the on top of the hour, Steve, a man on social media, needs your advice. He says his boss's nephew is his new coworker and he is whack. We'll talk about that right after this is this our show?
Speaker 1: Wait about.
Speaker 3: You're listening morning show?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: So Steve, this is from James on Steve Harvey FM. He says, I work in the office at a family business and my boss just hired his teenage nephew to work with me.
Speaker 3: The kid is the worst entitled.
Speaker 11: He's entitled and lazy and seems like he doesn't even want to be there. My boss is expecting me to help him get started and teach him the ropes, but the kid has no interest in doing the job the way it needs to be done. I'm having to walk a narrow path here being nice to this kid and doing right by my boss. But how long do I let this go on before I tell my boss that his nephew isn't a good worker. I feel like it might be me who ends up losing out in this situation. And it's a shame because if my boss expects his nephew to do the job, the business is going to suffer.
Speaker 3: What should I do his nephew.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm gonna tell you right now. You're gonna hang in there at least twenty years.
Speaker 2: At least that's how long I've.
Speaker 3: Had speaking from experience, are we.
Speaker 2: I had my nephew call my sister a same damn thing.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't a teenager though Telly was grown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how he acted though.
Speaker 3: Adolescent?
Speaker 2: So what should he do?
Speaker 1: He just gotta deal with it, that's what dog.
Speaker 8: Ain't nothing you can do. It's his nephew. You see what I've been going through? This food and come work.
Speaker 2: Out the day.
Speaker 1: I know yesterday he just popped.
Speaker 2: No, I've been dealing with this forever.
Speaker 3: Remember he used to call from his bed.
Speaker 2: He talk to you.
Speaker 8: What you don't know is that the lady and they all asked me, what you're gonna do about this.
Speaker 6: We don't think it's fair Tommy, that you get special treatment because you're his nephew.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: This hard left here? What's going on?
Speaker 1: You work when you want to weekends?
Speaker 5: We're talking about this seventeen year old boy. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 11: We're not telling you learn by example, and we have a great example on this show because we're.
Speaker 8: Talking about a nephew that got hired by the boss.
Speaker 3: It's stupid.
Speaker 2: This sound just like.
Speaker 1: It's not fair to the rest of the crew.
Speaker 5: Uh huh. What do y'all want me to do? Not be his nephew? What do you want me to do?
Speaker 9: Do? Better?
Speaker 2: Better? I'm doing all I can right now.
Speaker 11: You don't think you're entitled. You know that you special treatment?
Speaker 2: No, I think he's harder on me than he's he is on y'all.
Speaker 1: He not hard on us because we're here.
Speaker 3: We come to work.
Speaker 5: I came in alive about a few minutes later, and y'all that's weighing, y'all live?
Speaker 1: What is it our yesterday?
Speaker 5: You were?
Speaker 2: Why is you counting?
Speaker 3: How long I'm here on Monday? I'm surprised he was even here period.
Speaker 5: And I'm surprised that mean too, because I should have just told y'all I wouldn't coming, but I decided to come on in anyway. And now y'all counting? Now I was that I was here? Why is that?
Speaker 3: That's mean? Shot?
Speaker 11: You can you help this nephew?
Speaker 2: I can't help this nephew? What Steve hell? I can't? I called nepotism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nepotism.
Speaker 2: It's called nepotism. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: This baby he.
Speaker 1: Has to suffer like we do on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not suffering daily with me? What is this? I don't say that. Don't say suffering, don't say.
Speaker 3: He's listen. Here here's the line, listening.
Speaker 2: Don't don't don't say suffering. He listening.
Speaker 3: And it says he's stupid, that one of you.
Speaker 2: I'm not stupid. And a minute going too far? Now you're going too far. Now that you're not.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna do your number one trade and act like you ain't dead. That's what you're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Do now you ready to drop a line?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, that wasn't stupid. I think I added that.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever said you were smart? Nobody.
Speaker 3: Darn it. We have to move on.
Speaker 11: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up in two minutes after the oubur Right after.
Speaker 3: This, you're listening Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Dallas native and world track star Chakari Richardson is one of the new faces of Nike's new fashion collaboration with the French band French brand Jacques Muse. In a commercial spot, Chakai is slamming battle ropes on the floor. I don't know if you guys have seen this, but these are not battle ropes. They are her braids and the ropes are woven into her own hair. There is also a picture of Chikai on huge billboards in downtown Dallas. So we got to say congratulations to the world record breaking track star Chakari Richardson on her brand new Nike deal.
Speaker 8: Well, she yes, that's what she's doing right now. She's a comeback story. She's one of the great comeback stories because they completely wrote that girl off and they dogged her and they dogged her.
Speaker 2: But that girl right.
Speaker 8: There, she get out on that track. She's not a joke. But you know, and of course you know in the beginning, she kind of handled it and salted a lot of people, and it caused the media to turn on her and not support her. Because I spoke to some high level people in the media, I say, hey, man, why is Sheikha Richardson not getting well?
Speaker 2: You know, just down some things to the media.
Speaker 8: But you know, look, man, when you're young, you got to make decisions based on where you are and based on what they did to her with that whole weed incident. Oh, it was crazy what they did to that girl. She kept the faith and she put into work. She's a bad bass something man.
Speaker 3: Congratulations once again to her.
Speaker 11: All right, coming up at thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around it.
Speaker 3: Would you rather? Right after this.
Speaker 11: You're listening morning show, It is time now for a round of would you rather? Would you rather feel tight regardless of how much rest you got?
Speaker 3: Or would you always? Would you rather feel hungry? Always regardless of how much you ate? You want to feel tired or hungry? Which one?
Speaker 2: Skip? That time? I don't like time?
Speaker 1: Okay, hungry.
Speaker 11: Huh, I'm hungry again. Would you rather have a bottomless bag of money or an unlimited supply of sex and money?
Speaker 2: You got money, you gonna have.
Speaker 1: The rest of it goes together.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's like they.
Speaker 11: Would you rather be trapped in an elevator with four people that have really bad dreath or four wet dogs?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hang with them dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dogs can't.
Speaker 2: We got no.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be in there with them people because I need somebody to help me get out of him dogs.
Speaker 2: You're sitting there stinking. I'm gonna get everybody clothes and listen.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 8: I almost standing on your shoulders and push the top of this elevator. When I get up on the top, you hit number two.
Speaker 3: Steve, you want me to do?
Speaker 2: Hold me?
Speaker 6: Steve?
Speaker 2: Age words?
Speaker 3: No, Age words?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 11: Would you rather be successful career wise with a turbulent personal life or have a happy personal life with moderate success?
Speaker 2: Junior?
Speaker 10: Give me these problems, give me these issues, so successful person?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, that's okay, okay, all right, Tommy success success, all right, But.
Speaker 3: Your personal life is just crazy though.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: Since you lay you're gonna.
Speaker 11: As Well, be is crazy because of you, though, Remember that because you're crazy, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not fil to not be successful. That's too hard.
Speaker 1: I've done.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 3: You just have a crazy personal life, but you're successful.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You go whatever. I just go to work, see you when I get off.
Speaker 11: Hey, crazy, Would you rather eat only steak, just steak for a week?
Speaker 3: Or would you rather eat just ice cream for a week?
Speaker 2: Both of them?
Speaker 5: Man, you're gonna be backed up all that s all week.
Speaker 2: I don't know what your little sick ass talking about. Some ice cream? Fork that's cold? No, you can't be cold, fool.
Speaker 3: That's today's brown.
Speaker 2: Why did you just say n ice cream?
Speaker 3: Would you rather?
Speaker 8: We'll be back to close. Keep looking out for you right after. Okay, I'm right out the states.
Speaker 3: You're listening Hard Morning Show