Speaker 1: This is a miracle, there is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the deafinitely spawshooting rampase.
Speaker 3: Then, yes, it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.
Speaker 4: And so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Okay, White supremacist violence, it is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 3: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. To the practice club bitches, sur richnny, please tell me why was I your.
Speaker 4: Donkey of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, let's discuss donkey today. For Wednesday, March twenty Feth goes to two white former Mississippi law enforcement officers who were members of a self.
Speaker 3: Styled goon squad.
Speaker 1: Yes, their names are Hunter Elward, who was a thirty one year old former Mississippi sheriff's deputy, and Jeffrey Middleton, of forty six year old former sheriff's deputy who federal prosecutors described as the ringly of the goon squad. Now, I know some of y'all believe I'm a race baiter, and you're saying to yourself, now.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to say the officers were white?
Speaker 1: Well, race plays a very important factor, because these officers ran up in these people's house without a warrant, all because the neighbor reported that several black men were staying at a white woman's home and reported seeing suspicious behavior.
Speaker 3: I put suspicious in air quotes.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, this is Mississippi, a state that didn't officially abolish slavery until February seventh, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, simply because someone forgot to do the paperwork.
Speaker 1: True story, the state of Mississippi had never submitted the required documentation to ratify the thirteenth Amendment, so slavery didn't officially get abolished until February seventh, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: To when a state like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the suspicious, all right, suspicious behavior is simply all these black men living with a white woman, all right. That damn neighbor probably was thinking to himself, I got porn hub.
Speaker 3: I know black gang bang hardcore when I see it.
Speaker 1: So he decided to be the fun police and call the police. And this is what happened. Let's go to WAPT sixteen AGC for the report police.
Speaker 5: This has been a historic day and historic sentencing.
Speaker 6: Hunter Elward, the man who shot Michael Jenkins in the mouth, got twenty years in prison, the first member of the Ranking County Goon Squad to be sentenced. Elward apologizing for the actions of he and others for abusing and sexually torturing Eddie Parker and Michael Jenkins in what started as a suspicious person investigation but later led to a cover up. Hunter Elward stood in court and apologized to both. Ben Parker stood up in court and forgave him for.
Speaker 3: You know what you knows giving and what he is doing. I forgive that. Other than that, he's you know what I'm saying, what he did and he has to be punished with it.
Speaker 6: Yes, Elward put his weapon in Jenkins's mouth, pulled the trigger, but it didn't go off the first time. He did it a second time, severing Jenkins's tongue as the bullet exited his throat. Jeffrey Middleton was sentenced to seventeen and a half years in prison, the reported architect of the Ranking County Goon Squad in the assault. In January of last year, six officers tortured. The victims tested their tasers to see which one was the strongest, and tried to cover all the evidence. After prosecutor say Middleton said he had no problems killing anybody.
Speaker 3: God bless that brother. He better than me.
Speaker 1: I would have had to talk to my therapist, my wife, all my spiritual leaders to get to that level of forgiveness. They tortured, sexually tortured this black man last year and a brutal.
Speaker 3: Attack that was based on race.
Speaker 1: Six cops came into this man's home with no warrant and assaulted these brothers with stun guns, a sex toy, and other objects. Let me tell you something, man, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Okay, therefore I grew up on Wu tang torture tactics, and I always said that Wu tang torture tactics were extreme.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I never thought in the civilized society Wu tang torture tactics would ever be necessary. But after hearing this story, I disagree with myself. Okay, sometimes you gotta get medieval on these fools. All right, these are some of the things that need to happen to these offices. In prison if you knew the Wu Tang torture tactics.
Speaker 5: Listen, torch, what will bet post with your cheeks spread out? Put a hango on a throad and let that she sit there for like a half hour, Take it off.
Speaker 3: And stick it in you. Yeah, I can lay your nuts on the dresser. Just your nuts laying on a dresser and bang them. She put a spike back, I'll.
Speaker 5: Pull your tongue out your fouth and stabish with a rusty screw driver.
Speaker 3: Story building out there, just my favorite one.
Speaker 5: I sow your told clothes and keep feeding you and feeding you and feeding you and feeding you.
Speaker 3: Is it possible to sow but closed?
Speaker 4: Jesus, I mean anything close?
Speaker 1: I wonder. Listen, y'all know. I'm a mental health advocate. I love therapy, I love meditation, I love plant based medicine. Were all on a healing journey, you notice about me. But I also believe in edgy and once you put out, you will get back. It's a really simple concept. If you live your life with the mindset don't do anything to anyone that you wouldn't want.
Speaker 3: Done, and you are someone you love, then you will live a great life.
Speaker 1: So that said, I want these cops to receive the exact same energy in prison that they administered on the street. See, if you ask me, this isn't the first time these officers have done this. This is just the first time they got caught and punished for it. I have no problem with I for an eye dil though for a dil do in this situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know what I for an eye means?
Speaker 1: The principle of justice that requires punishment equal in kind to the offense, not greater than the offense, as was frequently given in ancient times. So if someone puts out another's eye, one of the offender's eyes should be put out. Now I've heard people say, IE for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Speaker 3: That is not true. The whole world will not be blind.
Speaker 1: In fact, nobody would be blind if whatever you did to someone got back done to you. I really believe that people would move a little different, a lot different.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: What those members of the goon squad don't understand is that it's all fun and games until the inmates got the dial though. Okay, and listen, I see the comments from social media sometimes and folks say, Charlamagne, you make everything about race. It's usually white people saying that, and I don't even get upset. I understand simply because race doesn't really exist you because it has never been a barrier. Black folks don't have that choice. That's a quote from a Nigerian writer's name who I cannot pronounce.
Speaker 4: The tim Amanda and goziad say it. Play one more time, tim Amanda and Gozia.
Speaker 3: Even when I hear it, I can't. You know, there's no in it what that means? Let me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to kim Amanda and Gozia dtier.
Speaker 1: It'll feel like I'll be spitting all over the place. Yes, blessens to that queen dropping a clue bomb for her. Just remember, whenever you tell a black person they making everything about race, just remember.
Speaker 3: That quote from Chi chi Okay.
Speaker 1: Race doesn't really exist for you because it has never been a barrier.
Speaker 3: Black folks don't have that choice.
Speaker 1: Please let Kathy Griffin give Hunter Elward and Jeffrey Middleton the biggest he huh.
Speaker 3: Please give this giant jar male the biggest he hull state was this again? I'm sorry, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Let Chelsea hand looking in on this he haw he haw that is way too much.
Speaker 4: Dan maynaies and I feel.
Speaker 3: Like Chris Rock got something to say. Man, oh my girl, my girl working this morning? Right, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: You don't think they should get the death penalty though, Yeah, like let's stop playing.
Speaker 4: Well and I do you have that in Mississippi?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: What they still do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you believe in I for an eye, nobody got killed sadly, I mean nobody got killed.
Speaker 3: Thankfully.
Speaker 4: He shot him in his throat.
Speaker 1: He did shoot him in his throat. They got they gotta I think twenty just happened to survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: They trying to kill him, that he should be fried.
Speaker 2: It's crazy and then hopefully when people see that you die from this, like it's not just you go to jail.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like the prison. I like the twenty years.
Speaker 4: But he pulled the trigger. Nothing came up, so he pulled it again like he knew what was up.
Speaker 1: I personally liked the twenty years in prison, especially if they're living amongst general population. Two police officers. Everybody knows what they did. Everybody their name is a pretty high profile Mississippi. You know, it's just like just just so it made some deal hotels deal.
Speaker 3: With that man.
Speaker 7: But then nah, then you got to take a shower to clean himself off.
Speaker 4: I say, ten years and then death penalty.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. You don't like the twenty years of torture.
Speaker 1: You understand these police officers in prison for doing what they did to a black man in Mississippi.
Speaker 4: You know, they may kill themselves.
Speaker 3: That might be true.
Speaker 4: They may commit so becau don't nobody want to go because they feel like they can't go through twenty years of that? Nah, most of them is they can't go through.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Why why even give them an option to get out?
Speaker 2: They're still in the twenty years they give them for good behavior, so they have to do what fifteen fourteen?
Speaker 3: They still can live.
Speaker 1: Listen, they got twenty years, do you know? You know sometimes we don't even see these cops get sentenced at all. I don't know what to tell y'all.
Speaker 2: They got twenty years, okay, how they should have to non God, we ain't looking for.
Speaker 4: Them answers from you. Ain't all know what to tell y'all? Like what we just saying what we think?
Speaker 3: That's right, I'm just saying what I think why are y'all Why y'all? I don't know. Yeah, maybe just tells.
Speaker 4: What everything to tell you.
Speaker 3: Is, okay? If they like that, I like booty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Envy, you sound like you want to be in there with them or something.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Okay, you got a lot of ideas you wrote you were down over there. I just said, just kill him.
Speaker 7: I didn't say no, no.
Speaker 3: You started to say the mother things that you stopped yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, when we come back saying wrap it up, not in prison, NBC.
Speaker 2: We have Charles Coleman and Tremaine Lee joining us. We're gonna kick it with them when we come back, and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you ever injured, Michael the Bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.