Speaker 1: Today show is pre recorded. Y'all know what time.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know y'all bat all at all given them.
Speaker 3: Black all bu busy listening to show.
Speaker 4: I don't joy ye joy.
Speaker 5: May have you got to do that.
Speaker 2: Turn you love? You gotta turn. I can't.
Speaker 1: To turn the mouth the turn.
Speaker 3: You probably got to turn the mouth out, turn the water up, looking, come.
Speaker 6: Come out?
Speaker 1: You think I sure will? Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: You are listening to the voice, Come on dig me now, one and only Steve Harvey, Oh yeah, man, got a radio show. Do you understand that? I'm telling you God been big in my life. God, God is a gentleman.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: I want to I want to point that out to you. God is an absolute gentleman. He will not come in unless he's invited. He don't just barge into your life. He gives us the power of choice.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: If you say you got it, I don't need you, he lets you have it. If you say I need you, come see about me. He right there.
Speaker 1: It's just a real simple thing, man.
Speaker 7: So always say to people this, if you've gotten yourself into something, and please know I have I.
Speaker 1: Man see that.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm so adamant about it because I've gotten myself in some circumstances and positions in my life. Well, I've been, I've been. I've had some low moments. Man, I've had some moments where I did not know what to do. I didn't know what was next, I didn't know how to go about it. I didn't have no more ideas. I was stuck. I thought a couple of times, well, might not make it past this one. But then if I don't make it past it, what's gonna happen? And then I held on to this little thing that my mother kept talking to me about. She said, sometimes some when you ain't got nothing else in you, just hope, she said, just hope it'll be all right, you know. And what I've learned in my life is that hope is the beginning of faith. Hope is just is there possibility out there for me? I show hope, something happened. See hope is okay, man, Because like I say, for me, the way I've lived my life, hope was the beginning of faith.
Speaker 1: It was just the idea.
Speaker 7: It's just the thought that something could change for me, that something could be a little bit different from me, that maybe man just maybe for some reason, I could be saved, I could be rescued, things could turn around, it could hit any other direction. Maybe I could quit messing up. Maybe somebody will forgive me. Maybe somebody will just say all right. I don't know, but I can't count the times I've been in that position. But then once I hope a little bit, and then I remember. Also my mother, because she was a Sunday school teacher, she taught me the most valuable lesson I've ever learn in my life. Nothing has been greater in my life than my faith. She taught me to pray. Mama used to say, when it get real, dog for your son, prayer changes things. She said, When you seem like you lost and you can't find your way, stop and pray, she said, because prayer.
Speaker 1: Change is things.
Speaker 7: You know, when you get a point in your life when you've done all you can do and you can't do no more and you just don't know what to do next, she said, stop, son, pray and combine that prayer with that hope that you got, she said, because that hope is the beginning of faith.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 7: If you pray just hoping, she said, to God, come through for you. That'll give you confidence that he can do it again. And then after a while, you quit hoping, she say, and you start believing, she said. And that's when you're on to something. If you can turn that hope into belief, that hope into faith's that's the ability to believe in something that you can't see.
Speaker 1: But the key though, the faith is you're believing in something that you can't see. See. Hoping a little bit different from me now, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 7: Like I say, oftentimes to tell a lot of people who can explain this thing a lot better than I can to you, hope is just kind of I don't know how to I don't know how to say it, but I'm just telling you, hope is you're just hoping it work right.
Speaker 1: You just have a thought in your mind that you know.
Speaker 7: Man, whoever you are, or whoever you are, whatever you are, to me, God, I show hope something change.
Speaker 1: Hope helps.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: If you ain't strong enough to have faith, have hope.
Speaker 7: Hope, and then if you pray with some hope and God answers your prayer, then that hope gains a little confidence, and after a while that confidence becomes faith. Now I ain't just hoping, but I'm believing. I'm believing in something that I cannot see. Faith has been the key to my entire existence, even when I didn't have any It was faith, as I look back on it, that has gotten me here. And not just faith, but my faith. See, you will only get to where you're going in your life based on your faith.
Speaker 1: See. A lot of people get the word faith confused, like what's your faith?
Speaker 7: And then they start going down this whole list of all these different religions out here. But really an essence, man, when I talk to people about faith, I'm talking to you about your your belief. How much do you believe in the unseen?
Speaker 1: See? Faith is the core of all that is happening to me today.
Speaker 7: It is the faith that I have in my relationship with God that enables me to just oftentimes if I stay on the right course and believe a certain way and act a certain way, his blessings just poor.
Speaker 1: They just come.
Speaker 7: And it comes in a lot of little ways too. I've started to notice. See, it ain't just a lot of people think blessings is money, Nah, man, that ain't it. It's coverage. It's every time my plane lands safe. It's every time they predict bad weather and I get up in the sky and don't be no bad Whether you know this is this is favor. These are blessings that get poured out to me. Somebody call me and offer me something, not money, but an opportunity. See, blessings come a lot of ways. But once you tie in to God, once you tie in and you start doing the best you can do, and you start asking for him to make you a better person, to help shape and mold you into the kind of man or person that he wants you to be. You be amazed what God can do with you. Man, if you just invite me in and allow him to be a part of your life. I mean, what you got to lose out there? Come on, why would you not change? Why would you not allow God to be a part of your life. God got some big plans for you. If he didn't, you wouldn't keep waking up.
Speaker 8: You're listening.
Speaker 1: Show, ladies and gentlemen. The time has come.
Speaker 7: Time to give thanks, gratitude, get your mind right wrapped around another blessing, another opportunity. That's it, and that's a new day. You Come on, man, come on, please don't take this regreted these days. It's precious. They can only be given by the Creator.
Speaker 1: It's him.
Speaker 7: He done done it again to Steve Harvey Morning Show is because of him. You are because of him. Man, you know what, we in good hands. If you got to be in somebody's hands. God's hands is the place to be.
Speaker 1: Not all state not you know, I mean they got good hands. You know, they's always good to have a good neighbor. You know, all that's not you know, yeah, yeah, But man, when you in God's hands, you got some going.
Speaker 7: Steve Harvey Morning Show Sheldy Strawberry calling for real Mississippi Monica Jr. And the legend that is Nephew talking Junior. Look a little better today, man, I'm good man, just a little bit. Though you're steal a little tight eyed though were no sleep. No, I'm I'm not tight your voice. Can I give you a suggestion, Put the holls in the back of your throat at night, Just set it in your cheek at night.
Speaker 1: That helps your voice because you need to coat it at night.
Speaker 7: Get you some halls. Okay, That's what I do when my voice go bad, I put the halls in the back of my cheek.
Speaker 1: At night.
Speaker 7: It slowly dissolves and as you swallow, it just coats your throat, makes you feel better.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna do that tonight. But you know, man, my mom call.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute time. Man, I'm not gonna joking. He gonna lay down with his holes and choke on this damn hall. I'm not temmy.
Speaker 9: I had my family come from you with the holls in your Yeah, well you ain't gonna get no go ahead. Yeah, I just said. I had my mom and him come by here. Man, My mom and my ating them. They came down here and saw me yesterday. So that's why my boys gone cause we was in here laughing because they couldn't believe that I'm still married too, So it was it was impressive.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: They was like, boy, this boy really hanging in there. So you know, man, I'm Junior's just been.
Speaker 6: A year to year.
Speaker 1: That's a long time for me. No, you ain't even at the hang in that stage here? What'ging that? When is that?
Speaker 7: That's how I know you ain't gonna make it. Listen to me right now, Junie, you and the honeymoon faith, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me I am what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 9: Why you don't have no faith in me? Y'all be doing it because if you come in here and you just sound like you got a penitential story, like I've been in a year now, you know, you just sound like like, you know, like we waiting on with you to be released or something. Dog, it's always like you you're waiting on when you're gonna get out.
Speaker 1: You just said your mama and your grandmama came down there and can't be vis man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, family, Yeah, yeah yeah, dog, amazing, man, I'm pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: They put something on your books. Yeah yeah, he got visitation.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: God, tell me some penitentiary story every time you talk. Yeah, man, I'm just you know. That's why I said you look a little better today. Yeah. Just support me, that's all I need. To Just support me.
Speaker 7: Damn every day though, I'm telling you, I'm all right. I can't support nobody of Daja.
Speaker 8: Coming up at thirty two minutes after the hour, we'll hear from back right after this. You're listening morning show, It is time now for the nephew to run that prank back what you got for his net?
Speaker 1: This right here is a pecan tree. Pecan tree let's go catch on.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm sure to reach h LC. Hey, let me let me. Hey.
Speaker 10: My name is Marcus, my mom and them little next door to you, Mr, and missus my mom and daddy little next door to you. And I was calling because y'all got a pecan tree in y'all backyard, I mean right on the fence line and to keep you know, pecans and stuff keep falling over into my mom and them yard. So I tald to see if y'all can do something man, where y'all can pick up I mean, my mom and them have got a little older.
Speaker 1: You know, we've been picking them up for a long time.
Speaker 10: But I need somebody to, like, maybe you can cut the limbs back that's hanging over so that they won't, you know, the pecans won't be falling over into my mom and them yard, cause you know, for them to be bending over like there picking up them pecan and it's a lot of them. So, you know, mister, I just wanted to holler at you and see if you don't mind maybe cutting the limbs back, because even when we turn the lawnmower on and stuff, man, it's just you know, the pecans and stuff be coming out of the lawmo just shooting all over the place.
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, mather con trill is an old for con tree, and it's fout well, and I can't see me cutting it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not saying you can't.
Speaker 11: Have nobody to maintain your yard, but I mean you is your mother. You can maintain your mother's.
Speaker 5: Yard, Sir.
Speaker 10: I go by my mother's house, you know, every other day and check on them. But I don't have time to go in the back and pick up pecans and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you just it don't seem no more than like maybe four or five limbs that's hanging over there. But they're four or five limbs, I mean they there's a lot of pecans falling off of that.
Speaker 11: So mava con tree is shady. I goes back there, there's nothing, no kind of nothing back there. Okay, want to rake the yard whatever, sir. I'm not cutting my tree for like that, sir.
Speaker 10: Listen, what I'm what I'm trying to get you to do is I'm not I want you cutting your entire tree down. I just want you to cut a few limbs, sir, so you know those that way that those are the ones that are hanging over it won't be you know, the pecans won't be falling over into my mom's them yard.
Speaker 1: And and you know, like I say, they are older now, man, they can't be bending over like that.
Speaker 10: So you know, I'm I'm just coming to you as a man right now and asking you, will you please cut this down so these pecans can quit falling over my mom.
Speaker 1: And them yard.
Speaker 11: Almost then you all you can do is someone, okay, someone I know your mother. Don't cut your yard.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a guy that it's a guy that cuts the yard.
Speaker 10: But even when he cutting the yard, these pecans is flying out from underneath the yard the lawn more they they So the lady, we're gonna be breaking windows over there.
Speaker 11: What kind of lawn person you have that don't pick up before they cut?
Speaker 5: That's food?
Speaker 1: Why am I arguing with you about picking up stuff and all of this?
Speaker 10: I'm asking you to cut a funky left five limbs So these dogs on pecans they.
Speaker 1: Are falling off my mama yard.
Speaker 10: You want to cut, You're gonna make me come over here and cut the I would come cut the whole damn tree down.
Speaker 6: You ain't gonna put my tree. I grew that tree from when I was a kid, and that tree gonna stay in there your long as I say.
Speaker 10: Though, sir, look, I didn't ask you like a man to cut your little funkey pecan tree down.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I ain't fin the hat.
Speaker 6: No what, no what?
Speaker 5: Guess what?
Speaker 6: You you you bad?
Speaker 5: Ugh?
Speaker 11: You come cut it up in look.
Speaker 10: Sir, tonight today rather this evening. It's either gonna be two thingight happening. Either you gonna cut these five limbs that I won't cut off in the cut, cut the whole damn pecan tree down.
Speaker 11: That's my tree in any game, nothing's gonna with my tree. I'm here right now. You're not hearing them in yard right now? Come on, it's you over that right now, right now.
Speaker 1: I will bring my right hold back.
Speaker 6: You know what, I just get my number in a.
Speaker 5: Way got your mother.
Speaker 1: I got it because it's the same.
Speaker 10: It's one address less than my mama. You gonna cut this damn tree down.
Speaker 11: I'm wasn't on a good anyway, man.
Speaker 6: I ain't use my preaching stelling in the long tip any way. I've been waiting on him like you.
Speaker 1: You lost your damn mind.
Speaker 6: You live, young punk.
Speaker 11: I told you once, then I told you twice.
Speaker 6: I'm on you, young, don't do that.
Speaker 1: See that's what's right.
Speaker 6: You know what you can do.
Speaker 11: Tell your mama to make a forcran pie and bring me a piece.
Speaker 1: What you say by my mama.
Speaker 11: Tell her to make a precan pie and come for me. Tell my mama what make a forcan pie with?
Speaker 1: Make a pecan pie.
Speaker 10: I don't want no pecan pou We don't even eat pocn pie.
Speaker 1: We so sick of these damn pecans. You got followed over in the backyard. You got to do something about this.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm trying to I'm trying not to hurt you, old man. I really am hurt me.
Speaker 6: Hurt mean, come on, hurt me for me.
Speaker 1: I'm on my I'm on my way. Is your south side? Is you outside?
Speaker 5: You know how?
Speaker 11: You know what I say?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 6: I'm here, I'm here, I'm I'm a man. Your mama way, dude, you get out.
Speaker 10: You get out my mama driveway right now, get out my mama driveway.
Speaker 11: A wan up putting me out.
Speaker 12: I went on the You'll get your getting you back in your driveway. You get out my mama driveway. Get out of you, Get out of my mama driveway.
Speaker 6: Woa crying for now?
Speaker 11: Tell you I'm here waiting on you.
Speaker 1: You get out of my mama Get out my mama drive away.
Speaker 11: Baby, Raby, go cook me someth me because I'm gonna sit here.
Speaker 1: I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 11: With you listening, you don't want I'm saying to say. I'm waiting at you at your mama house.
Speaker 1: This his nephew. Tell me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your brother.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 11: I don't pay this conner.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm gonna put my feet man, I'm gonna.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna so man, I don't play. I'm too old this conner.
Speaker 1: LC do me favor. First of all, get idem people, yad, go back to yo yard.
Speaker 11: You giving me blood.
Speaker 10: Ain't nobody mad boy your pecan tree noney? That ain't nobody finna cut it down. Ain't nobody tripping you?
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 11: Got a liter now, man, I've been carrying my grandkids school listener. Listen, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all, oh, y'all, some man.
Speaker 1: I got one more question for you. Tell me what is the baddest radio station in the land?
Speaker 11: L season the Steve Harvest.
Speaker 1: So that's it?
Speaker 8: Anyway, that coming up next to his ask the CLO or Chief Love Officer Steve Harvey in the building right after this, you're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show coming up at the top of the hour, and entertainment news. Lakers fans are mad after Kobe Bryant's parents try to auction off Kobe's first championship ring. Caitlin Jenner and lamar Odom have teamed up to do a sports podcast. It's called Keeping Up with Sports Get It, and Lil Wayne is accused of lying about his drug use to get nine million dollars in pandemic loans. We'll talk about all these stories coming up at the top of the hour, but right now it is time to ask the CLO. This is from Kim and Albany. Kim writes, I gave my eight year old niece a bag of clothes that my daughter had outgrown. My niece rudely said she didn't want the old clothes. My sister got offended that I offered her child to gently used clothes, and now we're not speaking. What's wrong here?
Speaker 1: Stop giving people your old clothes. Everybody old water, gently old ass clothes.
Speaker 7: You can call him gently used if you won't, will your old ass clothes your baby?
Speaker 1: And played all in all this hit.
Speaker 8: She ain't won't hand me down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she ain't want them. That ain't your that ain't your child? What you doing giving stuff away the little eight year old kids? And then they didn't want and then the mama. Man, you know, people don't like to appear to be poe in front of other people.
Speaker 1: She stopped doing that.
Speaker 7: I thought she thought she was doing some kind there's some real needy people out here. Salvation Army, good wills.
Speaker 1: It's not a place.
Speaker 7: You don't throw the rud cross a lot of stuff. Stop trying to help every damn body. She's all over here flexing. I'm by my baby, so i've been because because let me tell you what the other mama heard. Let me give you something that look right to wear, because what you've been wearing over here, Lord, I know you could use these. That's what her mama heard. She didn't look at it from her point of view.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, And now they're not speaking because.
Speaker 1: Of its strong here. But did you stop give nobody other baby?
Speaker 7: No damn old ass clothes. If you go buy your knees some buy some nice clothes. You bought your daughter some nice clothes, but you're gonna give her to hand me down.
Speaker 1: See how that worked. That's how.
Speaker 7: If you want to give somebody something, give them, take them chopping down that TJ Max or something. But oh no, you're gonna pack up all this old ass message.
Speaker 1: She said it was.
Speaker 8: They were gently used like old draws, nice old draw I can't give underwear saw me, they said clothes.
Speaker 1: But you know what, everybody don't see it that nobody want all that.
Speaker 8: Obviously her sister didn't. You're right all right. Moving on to Vonda in Kalamazoo, Wonda says, I found out that my husband was cheating on me after he left his wedding band in a hotel room. I checked his email and went to get the ring. I gave it back to him and didn't say a word. He's been scared for days. What should I say to him?
Speaker 7: God, I don't know, I don't know, I don't you done? Went down to the hotel, got the ring. Yes, yes, now you'd have handed to him, and I ain't said nothing. What should I say to him? Anything? Anything you say at this point is very effective.
Speaker 1: She has a lot of power, right, Oh.
Speaker 7: My goodness, you could you could say, I could you could just drop little thing? Hey baby, you got your ring? You know you can say little So I'm telling you he on edge right now. She said, next time you leave it, let me know, so I don't have to go down there. Yes, I got the cleaning lady number. You'll let me know if you leave it again.
Speaker 1: But when she when she walked in and handed it to him, he didn't know what to do.
Speaker 8: He remembered exactly where he left it at that moment.
Speaker 7: But see, guess what though, see you now, I'm gonna tell you the problem you made later. You donet waited too long because he done came up with a good.
Speaker 1: One by now what can he say?
Speaker 8: Steve?
Speaker 1: Come on, hey man, some fellas was down there.
Speaker 7: We had a card game going on, and I had put my ring up as one of the bets because I had lost all my money. So I put my ring in the pot and then I won the pot. But when I scraped all the stuff off, I guess my ring fell on the floor. Now I'm down there gambling. Yeah, I'm gonna have something for you know, you can't give me four days. I'm gonna go and you give me three four days. I'm gonna get some friends involved.
Speaker 1: Oh, this lot, this alibi gonna be solid.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have maids down there. I'm gonna play maids. I'm have maids down there. Time my boy they was in there with that card party.
Speaker 1: Just crazy, all right.
Speaker 8: Moving on to Bianca in the DMV, Bianca says, my friends and I were playing truth or Dare. My boyfriend wasn't there, and his friend got a dare to kiss me in the mouth. We pecked on the lips, and I told my boyfriend about it. He threatened to break up with me. Why is he mad over a game?
Speaker 1: Did you say a game?
Speaker 7: You're down that kissing men, and but now you want it to be a game. Let's just turn this around. Your husband somewhere playing a game of truth for day and you ain't there. The truth of the dad was to kiss this girl in the mouth. He gonna take the kiss. He come home and then he tell you about it. Where you at ready?
Speaker 5: No way?
Speaker 1: Where you at ready.
Speaker 8: Well, it's just a game, honey.
Speaker 1: Where you at with it? It was a game for me.
Speaker 8: Too, Yeah, we played games all the time.
Speaker 1: But why would you kiss herd though? You know that's crazy?
Speaker 10: I mean she was doren, that's the reasons, you know.
Speaker 1: She was like shoot on the other side, I looked at her. M you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're gonna break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is over.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, last one?
Speaker 6: This is us.
Speaker 1: Did you go home and tell it that hard?
Speaker 8: Well, because somebody else would have. I think that's well, well, we'll just see them waiting from you. Rodrick in clear Water, right, Steve. My girlfriend is a little rough around the edges, so I try to expose her to Finder dining experiences. But all she likes are crispy lemon pepper wings all flat. Will I ever be able to change her? Should I stop wasting my money on her?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: If you ain't got that, bouy, none but chicken and Wayne, how much money you wasted? You said, I don't understand the wasting the money on her.
Speaker 1: Cheap date.
Speaker 7: No, man, I don't. I don't think you break up with somebody over there. You just keep slowly exposing them some stuff.
Speaker 1: People. People.
Speaker 7: People can forget a lot of stuff, but they don't forget exposure. You never forget exposure. You can forget names, places, addresses, times, but you will never forget how you felt. Keep introducing her to the finer things, and then she'd get used to her. Introduce her to a salad. You need some grainery, you.
Speaker 8: Need something all she likes.
Speaker 1: Her crispy lemon peppers, all flats, all flat every day.
Speaker 6: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a little bit of bottle to you in there. Sometimes give me all day and limon pepper though you be thirsty? Yeah, man, what is?
Speaker 5: What is?
Speaker 1: What does she want?
Speaker 8: Rushing that down with.
Speaker 1: Probably a beer? All right, wife, foam on the top, lift all that.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Clo. Coming up next, we'll have some entertainment news for you right after this. You're listening hard Morning Show. According to TMZ, the late Kobe Bryant gifted his father his first LA Lakers Championship ring back in two thousand. This was Kobe's first ring of five championship rings he would win throughout his NBA career with the Lakers. The ring is fourteen carret gold with forty diamonds. When social media got the news of the ring being auctioned, the outrage poured out. Reportedly, this is not the first time Kobe's parents have tried to sell uh this ring and other memorabilia, and back in two thousand and six, Kobe attempted to sue his parents because he wasn't notified of the beforehand and did not give them permission to sell any of his items. The lawsuit allegedly led to Kobe and his parents' relationship ending. Wow, and so now they're doing it again.
Speaker 1: Uh so, Kobe, Kobe's fans, they're upset.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very much. They're selling outrage as they should.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh you know, do his parents need the money? Is that what this is all about? Your things here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah they need the money.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah. You know, man, look I don't you know. Yeah, I hate to see situations like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sad. Well, here's the deal. You know, they.
Speaker 6: Don't I don't know.
Speaker 7: You know, he gave it to them. Now before if he had a problem with him selling it, he was here, you know, give it back to me. If you're gonna sell it, give it back to me. I gave it to y'all for sentimental reason. Now he's gone, m h.
Speaker 1: Sitting there on the ring. You know, they have a right to sell it because it's there's what what what?
Speaker 5: What? What?
Speaker 1: Don't sit right with the fans at highest hide Look, but the ring is just sitting.
Speaker 7: There, you know.
Speaker 8: And if they need the money, okay, wow.
Speaker 1: But when people people passed away sometimes, yeah, that's what happened. That's what happened, you know.
Speaker 8: And other news out of l a former NBA player Lamar odom and Olympia and Kaitlyn Jenner have teamed up for a new podcast. It's called Keeping Up with Sports. That's the name of their new podcast. They were both once featured on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, of course, with Lamar being the ex husband of Chloe Kardashian and Caitlin, of course, was Chris Jenner's ex and the goal of the podcast is to take a fresh look at what it takes to be the best at what you do.
Speaker 1: The first ain't nobody, Ain't nobody watching abody Combo?
Speaker 8: First episode.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm commenting on anybody watching.
Speaker 8: That man Sugar Ray Leonard was on the first episode.
Speaker 1: Did you see it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: On social Yeah, yeah, interesting. I think that's an interesting combo. Keeping up with sports. I love the name a playoff. Keeping up with Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it ain't neither one of y'all keep up with your Kardashian Oh you mean Lamar and Caitlyn.
Speaker 7: I don't think the name catch it at all. I think it's waste of damn town. I don't find them interesting. They just watched people. To me, they're not interested to me. They're not interested to me.
Speaker 1: Lamar's not a great talker or can about what Caitlyn think.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll see, we'll see how it does. Okay, all right, we're moving on to Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne is accused of lying about his drug use to the US government so that he could get eight point nine million dollars in pandemic loans. This happened back in twenty twenty one now. According to The Business Insider, Lil Wayne listed his company as a drug free workplace, and he made his employees aware of the dangers of using drugs. The Small Business Association is in the process of monitoring all recipients of the loans, and Lil Wayne's Young Money Touring Company, Inc. Was flagged. If anyone is found to have violated the rules, they could be forced to go to a drug rehabilitation facility.
Speaker 7: Well wow, well, well that's all in Boys down Neck, Baby, Wayne master P new cast was businessman. Yeah yeah, Slim Slim had them boys together, man, boys down in the en. They broke free before anybody. They showed them all what.
Speaker 1: To do Fresh Oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 8: Everything is legit because he won't be messing up his Super Bowl performance right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: We'll see because the Small Business Administration is in the process of monitoring all recipients of those loans, So we'll see how this one comes out.
Speaker 1: The next Super Bowl. I predict Taylor Swift in New Orleans coming up to twenty perform.
Speaker 8: You keep saying that, Yeah, that could very well happen too, Yeah, that could very well happen. And is that who you want to see? You keep predicting.
Speaker 1: I don't know one Taylor Swift song?
Speaker 8: Yes you do.
Speaker 1: You remember you used to seeing it when she was little? We are never ever ever.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be hard to follow usher though. Don't you think it's gonna be real hard to find it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well no, because it's a year later. But you know, they say it was gonna be hard to follow Michael. They said about Prince, they said about Beyonce.
Speaker 1: It's a year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people forget if you next that night, yeah, I don't suggest your ass go out there.
Speaker 8: But a year later, it's at night, coming up at twenty minutes after the hour. The first ever. If you guys heard about this, the first ever Miss Biggest Booty pageant that is going down tonight in Atlanta, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, my honor wiped. Y'all ass out.
Speaker 8: You're listening. Morning show rapper t Pain has planned it's the first of its kind. It's called the Miss Biggest Booty Pageant, and it takes place tonight in Atlanta. T Pain's new single is called Biggest Booty, and after it's released, he posted a call to action on Instagram and x looking for the biggest booty out there. He wrote, you could be Miss Biggest Booty. All you gotta do is make a twork video and use the hashtag Miss Biggest Booty. You must be twenty one and over to enter. The pageant is described as a Miss America inspired pageant and variety show, with fifteen contestants competing for the grand prize of five thousand dollars and the crown. If you want to go check it out. They got VIP money right there, VIP VIP seating ranging from one hundred and thirteen to three hundred and two dollars, and last night that was almost sold out the VIP section. Okay, just keep that in mind.
Speaker 7: So I got an aunt can come down there and win this whole damn thing. Ain't had no BBL or nothing.
Speaker 8: But she's gonna have to talk big is this thing?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know about that. Bert.
Speaker 7: If she can, if she can get up them steps, thought up them steps, she's gonna win this thing right here?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: Okay, well yeah, I mean, you know you've hosted the Miss America, the Miss Universe pageant, I should say, for a number of years, Steve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm not gonna be doing this one. You're not gonna do nothings. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: Three hundred dollars ticket will that's the first place try going roll yep, call it.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna win. I hate to tell you that, but you have big out booty.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna want. I had a girl on fairly fewd the other day. I know I'm sitting down there, Georgia. I'm talking about she was down there.
Speaker 1: We're want.
Speaker 8: There's gonna be in Atlanta. It will be passed, it will be packed.
Speaker 1: There gonna be some people coming from my am in no trust me.
Speaker 8: But Atlanta got the big, the big.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 1: No, she comes, the one with the biggest one. Oh, she's strolling by.
Speaker 13: So much as that is in your Oh, here she comes, walk on by.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 1: You need to be there. Yeah, little Black loses walk on By performing tonight the Biggest Booty.
Speaker 10: I want to see the one though, I didn't want to see that pull up to the bump of baby in between.
Speaker 8: All right, that's tonight in Atlanta, coming up in thirty four minutes after the hour, Steve Tommy, your nephew has a question for you. Right after this, you're listening hard morning show. All right, Steve, your nephew has a question for you.
Speaker 1: I'm right here, all right, that's right here.
Speaker 10: I'm calling this. I'm calling this living day to day. So let's go back. Let's go back. Let's go back to mid eighties. You're doing your comedy things.
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 10: I'm I'm gonna make it real tight on you. Let's see how you get out of this. All right, all right, I'm Steve. You're trying to get the Friday. You got a gig on Friday in Cincinnati that gave paid five hundred dollars for a weekend. But right now it's two yeah, yeah, yeahy rent Is due. Lights are off. Rent Is five hundred light bialists sixty dollars to get them, to get them turning back on. All you got in your pocket two seventy five to your name, all right, the food in the frieze and went ba because the license out.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, how you gonna get to Friday?
Speaker 10: The gig is three and a half hours away, comedy club and Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Now here we go.
Speaker 10: I got two hundred seventy five dollars, You got two and seventy five walking up and throw something at you now, all right.
Speaker 1: A couple of calls and came through.
Speaker 10: All right, peanut call, he got a job for midnight at West Side Market.
Speaker 1: They short handed.
Speaker 10: They need somebody over there on Wednesday night to holes down the floors at the meat market. I sit down, put fish in there and get it ready for the next morning. That gig paid fifty dollars for that night. Fifty dollars. One more thing for you. Bubba doll passed by the house. His brother getting out of jail. He got to go down the landcaps to pick him up. All right, but now he got a package. He wants you to drop off and shake her heights. He said, you dropped this off, he gonna give you four hundred dollars Wednesday morning. You got to get to Friday. Okay, right here we go.
Speaker 1: First of all.
Speaker 7: First of all, I ain't got nothing to do with dropping off no package up in shaking the heights back here eighty five, cause back people can go up there by van. They the knowed I was up there doing something that's four hundred dollars ain't nothing for some damn prison time. So I ain't dropping off no package. We can ignore that right there. What was the first one you said? The first one was.
Speaker 6: Old?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: I ain't going down there cleaning no damn floors, because once I got into comedy, I was committed to it.
Speaker 1: So I ain't cleaning no floors. I ain't dropping off no damn package.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to jails for his ass down there in Lancaster because I don't look good in Lancaster outfits.
Speaker 1: Now Here we go. I got two, I got two seventy five. Rent is due.
Speaker 7: I'm finish, go make five and the lights is off. Okay, damn them lights. I'm gonna take that two seventy five. I'm gonna go down to Giant Tiger. I'm gonna buy me twenty four candles. Have them lit all up around the house. I don't need no damn lights. We ain't gotta worry about this refrigerator getting this back on, because I'm gonna go down there at the quick trip and I'm gonna eat down there while I'm standing in the aisle.
Speaker 1: I can get some meat.
Speaker 7: That ain't no problem. Then I'm gonna gasp up the car back in eighty five. I could gas up the car for ten dollars. I drive on down to Cincinnati. I make this five. I get back with that five hundred. I got that two seventy five. I'm down the two sixty five. I'll just spend about another twenty five dollars on some groceries. I got about two fifty left. I get down here, I make this five hundred. I pay this rent. Got to have this rent on. Now, them lights on down there, I go down there, I put something on them, damn light. Now, I put a little something down on them lights, and see if I can talk to some girl down there, see if she can cut them on just temporarily until I come back with the other half.
Speaker 1: If she can't, I.
Speaker 7: Can't give her that whole sixty, So I just keep That's why I bought some twenty four candles. I blow them out for I leave the house, so I can just light them every time I come in. Now, I don't light all of them. I just like the ones who room I.
Speaker 1: So now, now I got this wrint back and I still got two fifty. What but why would we not take some of the two fifty and turn these lights back on?
Speaker 7: Though I ain't got to do that, because I'm gonna just go across the hall, get me a stenchion cord and plug it up to the people house next door, and then I'm gonna have me a little bit of juice.
Speaker 1: All I need is a lamp in there. But you said you was gonna buy some groceries. You did say grocery, So what's with the groceries? Yeah, no, no, that was twenty five dollars worth of grocery. Get down to the gig.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I got down two old Oh, y'all's I been here before. But I get that refrigerator, but I get that core across that with the double unit on it. I glove refrigerating one lamp.
Speaker 1: I'm back.
Speaker 8: You need to be You need to be on the show Survivor Steve coming up coming up next.
Speaker 1: Thing that was coming as you know this all day. That was easy. That nothing right there. I ain't even slip five hundred coming in we can.
Speaker 8: We'll hear from the Nephew with the bring phone call for today right after this. You're listening Hard Morning Show coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my Strawberry letter for today and the subject is he wears more shapeware than I do. We'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few but right now it is time time for the Nephew and today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, everybody has one. A lot of people don't admit that they have one, but a lot of people have one. Okay, right, all right? Call has one? I'm not sure if Monica got one tonight. I'm not sure Monica got one.
Speaker 1: This right here is work husby, work husby.
Speaker 10: You're my way, right you fellas out there is rolling trust and believe your wife has a work husband.
Speaker 1: All right, take a listen. Here, here we go, cat, no work husband.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to reach Gary. Gary.
Speaker 8: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello? Who is this? Hey? This is Tony Man. I work with your wife. Pam is right, she's fine, she's fine. Man. I'm I'm one of a coworkers. Man. I wanted to reach out to you. You know, I've been working with her quite some time. I'm kind of like what they call her, her work husband.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: You may have heard her mentioned me before, Tony.
Speaker 11: Wait wait, wait, back up, back up, because I may be a little sleep What did you say a cousin?
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no, no, nothing like that. Man. It ain't but one husband here. Okay, Now I got that. I'm a work husband. You know, you know, like, you know, be just something playful at the job. They be saying, what are you talking about? Well, you know, it's just just something you know, playful. They be saying, you know, uh, when you hang around somebody a lot. They say he's a work husband or your work wife, you know, something like that. But not not nothing nothing heavy, nothing heavy at all. Man.
Speaker 11: All right, what's what's up?
Speaker 5: Man? I mean, what's up? What I was calling? Man? Trying to ask you? How long? How long have you and Pam been married? Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait, what's what's your name again?
Speaker 5: My name is Tony.
Speaker 11: Okay, we've been married about eight or nine years.
Speaker 5: I mean, what's up? How long do you do? If you don't mind me asking? How much longer do you see y'all y'all being married?
Speaker 6: I kind of do mind you?
Speaker 11: Okay, what hold up?
Speaker 1: How did you get this number again?
Speaker 5: Man? Like? No, I got to I got the number out of out of Pan's phone. Man, I wanted to call you myself.
Speaker 6: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa back out of my wife's phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dog, I don't I don't even ask out whoa on whoa?
Speaker 6: Why are you in my wife's phone?
Speaker 5: Man? No, dude, I mean I just got it off a desk. Man. I wanted to. I wanted to, you know, I wanted to reach out to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Kind of having black a private conversation with you.
Speaker 6: Gu's all, well, what first, why are you and my wife's phone? You calling me? Dude? I mean this this, this is how this this husband things.
Speaker 11: It's really is really blowing me right now.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just it's just that's the work husband, man, that's all it is.
Speaker 6: What is a work?
Speaker 5: Husband? What are you?
Speaker 11: What are you doing with my wife?
Speaker 5: You know that's just like you know, like you know, I'll bring her some coffee and donuts to the job, or you know, get us some lunch and stuff. Man, if she don't feel like going.
Speaker 6: My wife don't even like doughnut and if we got a new coffee machine just two weeks ago, So why are you bringing my wife food?
Speaker 5: Hey? Man? Listen, really, I really, I basically I just called for this year. How long do you foresee y'all being.
Speaker 11: Married to death?
Speaker 5: Do us?
Speaker 6: What do you mean? How long are we gonna be married?
Speaker 11: What's your namby is?
Speaker 6: To man?
Speaker 5: Tony? Tony, let me toy.
Speaker 6: I don't give a damn you ask you me this? Hold on, let me let me call my wife. Hold on, hold on, say.
Speaker 5: Hold on hello hello Gary, Well Gary, Paul.
Speaker 6: You better call me within two minutes, right, now it's ten thirty eight. You better call me my head for here you're black be sleeping outside? Hello Tory?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 11: Are you ask that?
Speaker 5: Why you call her?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a conversation me and you having together.
Speaker 6: Hold on on hear you're talking about you? You want wife's work.
Speaker 5: Husband?
Speaker 6: It ain't but one husband up in here? What my lad name? And she don't keep it till death do us part? Now, I'm glad you called.
Speaker 11: Me on a Friday.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad because I got all weekend to think about that swizzing.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna give you because.
Speaker 5: This out here now, hey man, man all I'm trying to figure out how much run with? Do you think you want to be married to her?
Speaker 6: Or? Oh? Yeah, this Swiven's gonna be phenomenal. Are you better get right with Jesus on Sunday? Because I grant dance tea. You're gonna meet a Monday morning. I'm taking my wife up there early, and I want to see your black.
Speaker 5: I'm just the dog. All I'm saying is if you don't want to be be mad to any longer than maybe we could work something. Now, that's all I'm.
Speaker 6: Asking a workout partner. All we need to work out is be there Monday, because I'm sure the hell's gonna be there pushing early Monday, waiting for your work husband. Mind.
Speaker 5: Okay, look man, I'm gonna don't work. I'm not trying to look. All I'm trying to do is have a deeper man to man conversation with you.
Speaker 6: Man, all right, you don't call me trying to bout you bring in my wife donuts and coffee and all up in up phone. This ain't no decent conversation.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm her work husband. Everybody everybody, most people have a work husband or work wife. Man, that's that's known in the corporate work work husband.
Speaker 6: You hear what I'm saying, what a work husband and you I'm gonna be there Monday eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm not finishing. Go back. Look, you know what I'm Finnah, Just call Pam. I just call Pam.
Speaker 6: I only call me back in about a minute and fifteen seconds. We're gonna wait for her to call me back.
Speaker 11: Work husband, mind miss.
Speaker 6: On a Friday?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that it was just it was just a question.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to see if you didn't want to. Maybe we could work.
Speaker 6: Something out if I find out if this is any truth to anything you're saying. Oh, it's gonna be the layout on night to night.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody finna do nothing to my baby? I mean, ain't nobody gonna do it?
Speaker 6: What did you tell your baby? Nah? Man, I'm just saying the Monday and this is the work husband.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 6: Man, No, you got nothing to say to me on Monday.
Speaker 5: No, no, No, I got something else I need to say to you. Are you listening?
Speaker 6: You better talk to Jesus because I'm gonna be up there on Monday at eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got I got one more thing I need to say.
Speaker 6: You got nothing to say to me yourself Monday?
Speaker 5: I got I do. Got one more thing to say to you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, go ahead, I say that you listening, I'm listening to this for work coverage.
Speaker 5: Well, just what I want to tell you?
Speaker 11: Tell me?
Speaker 5: This is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your brother.
Speaker 6: Eric put you up to this. I'm so glad it's a joke. Somebody was about to die.
Speaker 5: So you alright. Man?
Speaker 11: Oh man, that's a good one. You all right? I need a drink?
Speaker 5: Man, Man, yeah, Man, I got one more thing. I gotta ask you, man, what is the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 11: Y'all crazy?
Speaker 1: And now you have it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All you work wise? I tell what it to? Are you work wise?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 8: Popt?
Speaker 10: You coming to town Montgomery to the gum Baby, y'all don't want to miss this show.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, this is gonna be a good one. Montgomery, Alabama, the thirtieth, that Saturday.
Speaker 1: Night of March. Get your tickets.
Speaker 10: They on sale right now at the Montgomery Performer Art Center. It's means Celebrity of the Comedian J. J. Williamson and My Mad Earthquake were shaking it up all right, laying in the cut on Stee April fifth, April Fool's Comedy Jam. It is Stars Study. You got Lyne It Love, You got Bryan Hooks, John Tay, Wayne's, Tracy Morgan. All of this is hosted by Ripped Michaels. You got Justin Larry's, you got Coco Brown, you got dal Hughgley. You got Bruce, Bruce, I gotta take a brother. You got Tory Hart. Now you got nephew. Tommy Man, did I get everybody?
Speaker 1: Now? He j thirteen of y'all DJ by DJ Nvy. It's thirteen of y'all. I did thirteen much time? Is that up? I saw the Fly. That's a that's a nine hour comedy.
Speaker 10: New York City at the Barclays, Brooklyn and the House Friday night, April the fifth.
Speaker 1: Nigga's on sale right now?
Speaker 8: Are you tired just talking about it? Tommy Man, boy, I'm well?
Speaker 1: BK all right? Thank you.
Speaker 8: Nephew Coming up next, Strawberry Letter, the subject he wears more shapewear than I do. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter. And if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEVARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 1: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: It is strawberry letter.
Speaker 8: Thank you, f you subject. He wears more shapewear.
Speaker 3: Than I do.
Speaker 8: Here Stephen Shirley, I'm newly divorced and dating again at fifty three years old. My aunt set me up with a handsome bald man that has a great smile but a quirky personality. I cannot figure out what's up with him until recently. He's a school administer and he does educational videos for the school district, so he's really into how he looks. On our first date, he told me that he bleaches his teeth regularly and he gets fillers in his face. We have been dating four months and he still won't tell me how old he is, but he looks like he's slightly older than I am. I enjoy his company and I got used to him going on and on about himself on our date. He always jokes about holding his stomach in when we were on date, but I do the same thing, so that was no big deal. He's fun to hang out with, but he has a problem with being honest and telling me things about himself. Excuse me, Here's what happened. He's back. His back and tummy always felt firm, so I eventually asked him if he wears a back brace. He said he just got a muscular back. Not true. This past week, we were intimate for the first time, and I finally saw what's hiding under his closed He had on a very fitted tank top that pressed against his chest and stomach. It looked like a compression shirt. He had on a pair of skin tight biker shorts that went down to his knees. After he got naked, he looked twenty pounds heavier. His skin was squishy and wrinkly. He said he's self conscious, So I tried to reassure him, but I was really turned off. I am worried that he might be concealing other stuff. What should I do? Learn to love the fat or let him go? You're worried that he might be concealing other stuff, other stuff, Like what what else is he concealing? I'm really trying to understand what exactly is your issue here? You like him, You enjoy his company, you like hanging out with him. You said he's handsome, he has a nice smile that he bleaches regularly on. He has a good job, But your problem is, I think, is that certain things you want to know about him that he hasn't told.
Speaker 1: You yet, Like what how old he is?
Speaker 8: He hasn't told you that. I guess you can google that if you really really wanted to know. And he's still not telling you. He wants you to think he's younger. I mean, what are you trying to say. You say he doesn't talk to you a lot, he doesn't open up, But then you said earlier in the letter that he goes on and on and on about himself. So when he's talking about himself, do you think to ask him whatever it is you want to know about him. I just think you're mad because he wears body shapers and you don't think body shapers are very manly. That's what it sounds like. He doesn't seem to be happy about him either, because when he undressed with you, he confessed that he was self conscious about his body, and you said you didn't want to crush him, so you try to reassure him, but you got turned up. Listen, everybody looks different naked. Some people look better to naked, some people don't look so good naked. So I say, if you like the man, and he's only about twenty pounds underweight. Why don't you guys, you know, if you really like him, you like hanging out, hang out at the gym, work out Steve.
Speaker 7: Girl, girl, you know you are so kind surely that it irritates me sometimes you are just such a kind person. You always be nice to these people they call in and fat ass sitting up in here lying to this woman all downtown. That's just gonna get to it now, I ain't mean, I just like ten truth. Let's just gonna get to truth. Then he wear more shape wear than I do. All right, you divorced and you start dating again at fifty three years old, Mom set me up with a handsome ball man, had a great smile but a quirky personality. Why is he available? You know you gonna find out that he older than you, But why is he even available?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: You need to learn some history. I ain't quit figured out what's up with him until recently. He's a school administrator. He does educational videos for school. So it's really into how he looks on his first date. Now, this is what he told you, that he bleaches his teeth regularly. How often do your damn teeth need bleaching. But are you chewing your damn cigarettes? Why do you all the time gotta bleach your damn teeth? What are you eating? And he gets fellers in his face? Now, theny way, we need to start showing some concern because when you start getting fillers in your face, you trying to make your face look fatter.
Speaker 1: So what if he don't get the fellers? I'm thinking skeletal.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking he's sitting up there looking like a damn skeleton, so he gotta put some fat in his face. Now hold on to that thought, because I'm gonna tell you why he's looking skeletal. I have figured this letter out. So now y'all been dating for four months and he still won't tell me how old he is. He looks like he's slightly older than me. He is, And let me ask you a question. What man don't tell his age? That's really not a thing for us. I'm very rarely here, man tell me none. Now, don't ask me how old I am?
Speaker 5: Dog?
Speaker 1: What kind of dude is this?
Speaker 7: That's not really im Women, I understand you know it's improper to ask a woman how much she weighed, how old she is but a dude.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: Oh, I enjoyed company, and I got used to him going on and on about himself. He's joked about holding his stomach in, but I do too. All right, So both of y'all sucking your stomach in, that ain't no problem. But when we come back, though, I'm gonna tell you what he is the problem. I didn't figure it out.
Speaker 8: Hang on for part two of Steve's response up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's strawberry letter, subject he wears more shapewear than I do. We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is he wears more shapeware than I do.
Speaker 7: Fifty three year old woman back in the Dayton Game. Her aunt set up with a very handsome man, a very very handsome, but he has a quirky personality.
Speaker 1: They go out of date. He tell her that he regularly bleaches his teeth. Who regularly bleach? They damn teeth? What are you eating?
Speaker 7: I'm assuming instead of smoking this cigarette, he eating them. Really, it's up to you and tobacco. I can't think of why you need to regularly bleach your teeth, But then here was a chaka. He gets fillers in his face. Now, why would a person need phillis in his face? For when naturally you get older, your head and face get bigger. But unless you have done what I think he's done, he's sitting over there looking skeletal. So he got to get some fellers because his face is sunken, eyes is sunken. He looked like the dead now, and he won't tell you how old he is. Most men don't have a problem with that. So now you have a problem with the man that is into hisself. And you've gotten used to him talking about hisself on date. You enjoy his company and everything. And he joked about holding his stomach in when y'all was on dates, and you said, that's cool because I hold mine into. Ain't no big deal. He's fun to hang out with, but he has a problem being honest and telling me things about himself. Here's what happened. His back and Tommy always felt firm, so I eventually asked him if he wears a back brace.
Speaker 1: He said no, he got a muscular back. Really you mad about that your back, damn.
Speaker 7: Muscular dog with your old sunk in the ass face. Now all of a sudden, your back is in shape. But you just told her you gotta suck your stomach ain lie after lie after lie. He's just sitting up there, just a big old swoll, just sitting up there. Y'all can't even enjoy your date because he just swore. But anyway, this past week we got intimate for the first time, and I finally saw what was hiding under his clothes. He had on a fitted tank top that pressed against his chest and stomach.
Speaker 1: It looked like a compression shirt. Y'all.
Speaker 7: Remember back when we was doing the show in Atlanta, that company came over and gave us all that compression stuff.
Speaker 1: And I put that tank top on, Yeah, and I couldn't get it off.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: We had to cut it off.
Speaker 7: Bought that damn tank top with all so tight. It was a slimming tank top, but it mashed your chest down too. I didn't like it, but I caught hell getting it off, So I am familiar with these compression shirts. He had on a pair of skin tight biker shorts that went down to his knees. That's the compression draws well.
Speaker 1: In other words, he had.
Speaker 7: On spanks t shirt and a spank's bottom, and then after he got naked, he looked twenty pounds heavy. His skin was squishy and wrinkly. Now let me tell you what happened. This is why he gets face fillers, and this is why he wear all this compression stuff. Boy used to be real fat. Then he got that surgery because he vain. He got a lap band and he'd lost a whole bunch of weight. Now his skin is sagging, squishy and wrinkly, and that's why he's embarrassed. He got a lap band, that's why he wearing all this compression stuff. But he took his clothes off and all hell broke loose. And that's what she got. And that's why he don't talk about hisself. She talked about he looked twenty pounds heavy in his skin, saggy and wrinkly. He had that surgery. I'm worried that he might be concealing other stuff. Well, he don't tell you about hisself. The man not being honest. Y'all have a good time long as he ain't talking, because he's usually lying So what happened to that musk glass back he had? So it turned into a spanks top and a spank's bottom. Now he's squishing, he's soft. Do I learn how to love the fat or let him go? Well, you got a choice to make. I don't know how the loving was, y'all was intimate for the first time. Was he bringing it or was he bringing it like a fat man? You gotta make that decision. Was he bringing it or was he bringing it like a fat man? So you got to ask that. Well, it's over quick and it's slow.
Speaker 1: He tied? He tied. If he's exhausted fast.
Speaker 8: Oh, if he's overweight, you're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, yeah, he ain't got no DaMina.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Was his skin in the way?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: How bad was his sagging?
Speaker 8: Was his skin in the way?
Speaker 7: Well, when he was standing there, could you see everything? Because you keep talking about he's concealing some other stuff. When he was standing there, was his skin sagging down? Didn't look like he had on the mini skirt. I'm just asking, Wow, he's the thing. You need to consider. How much loose skin, big boy have? It ain't going nowhere. You gotta go get that surgery, get that skin, take up cut off. But he'd just spent all his money bleaching his damn teeth and putting him face fillers in. That's why his face need that fat in it, because he done sunking. He skeletal. Now how muscular was he?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: If he's a nice guy and y'all have a wonderful time, do you got to find out about it? Gotta get your hands on that driver's license. Next time he getting naked, just walk over there to the counter. He can't get up real fast cause he got to pull all that skin together. Just going over there and open up the wallet right in from and take a look at that driver's lie.
Speaker 8: You se your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey that boy got that band the Strawberry Letter podcast on the Free iHeart he got Coming up now it is Junior and Sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Right after you big old loose ass does stop talking.
Speaker 8: You're listening Harvey Morning Show. It is time now for Junior and Sports Talk. What you got junior?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Well you know, man, it started yesterday March Badness playing tournament. Listen, Howard University falls to Wagner seventy one to sixty eight. It was good for They had three chances to tie the game at the final second.
Speaker 1: It was close. Man, it was a good game man, you know, but you said it and well they played like men, they did. Yeah, they played like men. You they played like men. You know, So you know you can't win them all?
Speaker 9: Still screaming, h yeah yeah we still we still we still got another HBCU game tonight.
Speaker 7: It's one of the great education institutes in this country. So lost their basketball game. They make leaders though.
Speaker 1: Hell that that's true. Okay, how do you feel about this one?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Gramblin versus Montana gram University, you got.
Speaker 7: The well, oh I root for h A h for Howard. I rooted for Gramlin. I don't give it damn by No, damn Montana.
Speaker 1: That's not where you concerned that.
Speaker 7: No, they got the fly black people in the play up there, mad damn by Montana.
Speaker 1: Come out, GSU, come on, yeah, man, we're rooting for you. Tonight.
Speaker 9: Colorado State and Virginia Playoffso last night that game was so one sided they had Colorado State pulled it off, knocked Virginia out sixty seven to forty two. We found something else start. Yeah, that's blowout. That wasn't even worth watching. It was one side the enime who lost again Virginia sixty sixty seven to forty two.
Speaker 1: Mans.
Speaker 9: But you know we got the number one is playing Houston versus Longwood. That's one you got Longwood. I don't know Tommy who Longwood is, but we better not lose. I know that much better not lose to Longwood.
Speaker 1: You hear about a school you don't know when the number one seed playing, you think that's bad.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a Cinderella every year, man, every year theres a Cinderella doing something nobody thought they would.
Speaker 1: No, it said Virginia, Tommy Longwood University, Longwood.
Speaker 9: Okay, then got you come they got a long shot. But here go another one time, another university. You don't know where it's at. You cont versus Stenson. It's another number one versus Yes, Stenson like the cologne throw back, Yes, a throat like the cologne. And North Carolina gonna play Wagner. So we're gonna, man, do you see which number one gonna fall first?
Speaker 1: Do you think you have an idea?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, they're gonna be around for a minute. Yukon is in the toughest bracket though Yukon is a number one, but they face him everybody.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're gonna see how this march man. Just go Shirley. It's gonna be a good one, all right.
Speaker 8: Junior, thank you. Coming up at the top of the hour, a woman needs advice Steve on how to deal with her fiance's dirty old daddy and uncle. We'll get into that right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Steve.
Speaker 8: Archie from Charlotte says, my fiance and I dated for a year before we got engaged. I never met his family until last month when I went home with him. He warned me about his daddy and his uncle being frisky. They're dirty old twins with filthy mouths and wandering eyes. My fiance's mom told me to ignore them because none of their quote parts work anymore. That wasn't funny, and I was offended by the tw staring me up and down and flirting with me. My fiance didn't tell them to stop it. He called me bougie and said everyone knows that they're just playing. Why wouldn't he tell the twins to knock it off and leave me alone.
Speaker 7: They look the mama told you that's how they are, that's how they You know, it's family them.
Speaker 1: His uncles in stuff. Lady. He told you going in. They frisky, They run their mouth. You can't stop old people.
Speaker 7: Your fiance can't controlling people. You was on car, he told you what was gonna happen. Just relax now, you know, not to go back over all Uncle Nathan, your Neil.
Speaker 1: House no more. That's how the foul twins you ain't never heard. You ain't never had that. Oh my god, they were looking at me. Why didn't you stop them? Lady?
Speaker 7: Come on, now, you know how families can be. This old black family. They're not fit to change. The mama told you that their parts don't.
Speaker 1: Even work no more.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about them, gun, just family issue. He not man in the family. And you had to go down there to see him. You've been a year four you see him. That it be another year fo you see him. No, you know why he ain't tried to take you down there. He tried to get you in love with him first before you met the food. So he already take her down here and meet these ingland.
Speaker 8: Uncle, all right, we have time for another one. This is from Tracy and Houston. Tracy says, my divorce will be final soon, but my husband is already engaged. Not only did he cheat on me, but he publicly proposed the day he filed for divorce. A lot of our mutual friends were. Yeah, a lot of our mutual friends were at the proposal dinner, and now they can't even look me in the face. My own mother said that my husband kept telling me he wasn't happy, but I acted like it would get better. I understand that I wasn't being realistic, But can can I get some support? Is he the only one that deserves happiness here?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, you can be happy too, but you ain't gonna be happy worrying about him. He'd a moved on.
Speaker 1: He gone.
Speaker 7: You sitting up here wondering what everybody else opinion is, go live your life?
Speaker 1: Can I get some support here? But what you want? Stop wallowing in something? He gone? After y'all filed for divorce, he.
Speaker 8: Proposed, Yeah, same day he gone.
Speaker 7: All y'all friends was at the engagement party, proposal party, whatever it was, they gone. He told you he wasn't happy and then you tried to act like he was gonna get better. Well, it show did for him, So come on, lady, let's move on, pick up your marbles and go somewhere else. He gone, and and and you and you and you can quit.
Speaker 1: Won't in him?
Speaker 8: Was her mother trying to give her a hint when she said what the husband said? She told them, yeah she did.
Speaker 7: But see everybody know how she is, but she won't support she wants everybody knows, lady that you know how you are.
Speaker 1: Stop this.
Speaker 7: Let's move forward. The man told you he wasn't happen, you ignore it and act like it was gonna get better.
Speaker 1: Get better?
Speaker 8: How Yeah, she said, she understands that she was not being realistic.
Speaker 1: Okay, well not get realistic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he don't.
Speaker 1: Get your fantasia. You don't want me, Go for yourself. That's sham like that. Worry about him, Go ahead and free yourself. You don't want you don't talk to me.
Speaker 8: We'll have more of the Steve Harvey Morning Show right after this. Sing us out, Steve.
Speaker 1: If you don't wold me, don't talk to me. Hey, hit it, free your shape.
Speaker 8: You're listening. Hary Morning Show. Bluebell ice Cream all you lovers of Bluebell ice cream, will they have a new flavor. If you're a fan of buttercake, this is a one for you. I'm assuming it has the taste of the buttercake that they serve at Mastro's restaurant. Well, anyway, new flavor. Mm hmmm, that buttercake is good, isn't it? Anyway? The new flavor is called Gooey butter Cake. Gooey butter Cake. It has cream cheese swirl and chunky cake batter pieces. It's mixed throughout, mixed throughout the ice cream. In January, Bluebell released it Cinnamon Twist ice cream with cinnamon rolled chunks, brown sugar and cinnamon icing swirl. But sadly, these two new flavors are only available for a limited time. So if you like the buttercake, you better go ahead and get it now. If you like that cinnamon roll, go ahead and get it now.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know that gooey buttercake sound good. I don't get on grocery store. Yeah I tried, you know, saying butter pecan Let me see what they wor shut.
Speaker 14: That was some exciting ass news for me, breaking now and some today right one blue bell, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: The interesting choices too, cinnamon roll and everything.
Speaker 10: Yet I don't know about sinner roll. I went hang doing the center row that good.
Speaker 8: Boy twist.
Speaker 1: Boy, you're talking about blue bell taste like cinnapon What all right?
Speaker 8: Coming up in thirty three minutes after the hour, we'll play around him. Would you rather right after this you're listening morning show, it's time now for a rounded? Would you rather? Would you rather picture this? Would you rather no bathroom doors in your house? Or would you rather no pass coat on your phone?
Speaker 1: Got to put that doll that day you right now? That dog got to be. Got to have that dole, that damn bathroom, honking damn about that pass hold. You got to change your whole family right there. I'm not even gonna have a family if I don't have that doing that? What did you eat?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: We ain't got no dough in that bathroom. I could set that phone right there in the hallway at the doorway. You ain't gonna come get it, But.
Speaker 8: Tell me, you know you are about the phone.
Speaker 1: You know about the bathroom you're gonna have doing the bathroom you live.
Speaker 8: When it comes to the phone, all right, we did you rather coworkers can read your mind? Or would you rather your coworkers can see through your clothes?
Speaker 5: Don't?
Speaker 1: God damn, but y'all like that.
Speaker 5: What y'all can do?
Speaker 10: No matter what co workers can do. Yet, whether you can read my mind? Y'all can read my man? One read my mind, so you can really understand how I feel?
Speaker 7: Please, Steve Hell, if you can see through these clothes, you'll know what's on my mind. Yeah, look over here if you want you good morning, Good morning to you. Yeah, Steve, we're just talking about I heard you.
Speaker 1: Sure all right?
Speaker 8: Would you rather your mid section is reversed, which means your butt your booty is in front? Okay? Or would you rather your faces reverse? Which one my face looking at the back or.
Speaker 1: Covid. I just have to have my booty in the front. I could just do that. Is it not taking my bottles and putting it behind me.
Speaker 10: I don't want my face to be on the same side my ass on, so I didn't need them switched up.
Speaker 1: Long as they switched up.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, if you got a big enough gut, it kind of look like your ass in the front anyway. I know a lot of dudes look like they looking out over the ass all day long. All right, well you ain't being over and tie your shoes up. Probably your ass is in the way anyway, all.
Speaker 8: Right, would you rather learn the latest TikTok dance or would you rather go dancing with your act?
Speaker 1: I'll be all on TikTok all night long on ticture.
Speaker 8: Junior hears it, okay, trying to get it together and get all those steps, all those moves right.
Speaker 1: And Steve, this ain't Texas.
Speaker 8: You can't hold of it.
Speaker 1: That's how hard I'm willing not to go dance with her head.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: We'll close out of the show at forty nine minutes after the hour with Steve Harvey, and it is our last break of the day.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're.
Speaker 8: Listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. All right, guys, here we are last break of the day on this Wednesday. It's been a good day. Yes, yeah, don't forget that. Tonight you can catch an all new episode of All Move Steve.
Speaker 7: All new all new shows coming through. Yeah, Judge, keep rising, keep shouting, keep rising, keep.
Speaker 1: Knowing you can always count on me. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: So it's on ABC ten, ninth Central, also streaming on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no idea what the episode is about tonight, but it's new.
Speaker 8: Are you enjoying doing the shows.
Speaker 1: Like show is dope, The Judge Show is dope.
Speaker 8: It's funny, it's fun Yeah, you can be yourself on that show, close to who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a case and I don't give a damn. Oh we know it. Yes, Well, Junior, what you got on your mind at closing? Man?
Speaker 9: Well, uncle, let me ask you this, unc man, It's like, what makes you want to keep pressing forward?
Speaker 1: Like being a mogul? Like you're a mogul. When did you get the idea you want to be a mogul?
Speaker 7: Well, right after I figured out poverty wouldn't work, you know, once I once I had came to that conclusion about problem. You know, you know what man like you have to understand. I think it's a couple of things people should do. Should You should decide on what you're willing to accept, and you must decide on what you're willing not to accept, accept and not accept. And then you have to come up with what you're willing to do and what you are committed to not do. And that clears some things up, and so you know, my desire to be in business and to attempt things was just to constantly have a vision or a dream out in front of me, just to follow the scripture that a man without a dream of visions you'll perish. I don't care who you are, you gotta be shooting for something. And I just offer to people not to get discouraged when there's something that you're shooting for is not unfolding at the pace you wanted to unfold, because you have to remember that God's timing and your timing is oftentimes completely different. That's been the toughest lesson for me to learn in my life, that God's timing is completely different from mine, because I can't tell you how many times I've waited on something and could not figure out what in the world was taking the Lord?
Speaker 1: So long?
Speaker 7: Are you not listening to me? Did you not hear what I said? I said in six weeks now we had this six month mark, and you still ain't let it happen for me. But delayed doesn't mean denied true true. But a lot of times, man, when you ask God for something, here's another thing I had to learn. He's saying okay, I'm well give it to you. But he got cleared some things out first, because he hears conversations you didn't hear. He saw things you didn't see. And so what he does is he does things on your behalf to you on or nothing about. Have you ever wondered why you didn't get something right when you wanted it, but when you got it it was better. But if you assess the situation, you'll oftentimes find out that the circumstances surrounding the what you have is different. Like he maybe removes somebody from your life. He had to reposition you and your job. He tells a lot of things, man, because you don't know what's all under the surface of what you're asking for, because a lot of times what you're asking for will affect other people. And he got to make sure that you got the right people around you position. So when he give you the blessed, ain't nobody over there trying to smack it out your hand, knock the plate out, empty your food, turn it over and you don't know it. But there are people in your life who are like that. You know, there's people pulling in your life for you to a certain point and after that, they're not pulling for you. There are people pulling for you in your life, but only to a certain point.
Speaker 1: That's a whole word right there.
Speaker 7: It's a it's such a shocking thing to discover. Now are people in your life who are happy for you as long as you stay within there. There they are parameters of what happiness will be. You step outside of that. Oh no oh no no no, no no oh, you're getting too big for your breches or who you think you are now, you know, so a lot of that happens. But my motivation is always uh to try to be better and to be and and and and then I'm now more conscious of what I ask God for. Usually what I'm asking God for usually entails to bring about the benefit to help more people. So I'm constantly getting blessed. I'm I'm constant getting blessed man, because my motivation has changed.
Speaker 1: It ain't just about me.
Speaker 7: My doing more and better usually provides jobs, gives an opportunity trying to help some people. So I'm constantly getting blessed. And that's in spite of what anybody says about you. You know, your deal with God is your deal with God. If God put his favor on you.
Speaker 1: Man. It ain't nothing nobody can do about that. Amen.
Speaker 7: They can hate on you, they can talk about you, but they stop nothing. Once God put his favor on you, man, you in a blessed position. Now that favor it don't come with our challenges. That's a part of it. So those are just some teared bits of things that I've learned in my life over the years, and it just keeps me motivated because and you know, look, man, God is in a blessing business. I'm a recipient. But I also understand that there's test that comes along with everything. You can't get to the next level without taking some steps, and them steps is usually tests. I'm okay with the hardship too. If I pass the test, I get to the next level. You can't go to the tenth grade till you pass all the paperwork in the knife. Those are my closing remarks. Welcome to life, college, so much harder.
Speaker 10: For all.
Speaker 8: Steve Harvey contests. No purchase necessary, void We're prohibited. Participants must be legal US residents at least eighteen years old, unless otherwise stated. For complete contest rules, visit Steve Harvey FM dot com. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show,