Speaker 1: All right, Steve, your nephew has a question for you.
Speaker 2: I'm right here, all right, that's right here. I'm calling this. I'm calling this living day to day. So let's go back. Let's go back. Let's go back to mid eighties. You're doing your comedy things. So here we go. I'm I'm gonna make it real tight on you. Let's see how you get out of this.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, uncle Steve. You're trying to get to Friday. You got a gig on Friday in Cincinnati that gave pay five hundred dollars for the weekend. But right now it's two yeah, yeah, yeah, rent Is. Two lights are off. Rent Is five hundred light bills, sixty dollars to get them, to get them turning back on. All you got in your pocket two seventy five to your name, all right, the food in the fridge and went bad because the lights is out.
Speaker 1: All right, now, how you gonna get to Friday?
Speaker 2: The gig is three and a half hours away, comedy club in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Now here we go.
Speaker 3: I got two hundred and seventy five dollars, You got two five.
Speaker 2: I ump and throw something at you now, all right, A couple of calls and came through. All right, peanut call. He got a job for midnight at West Side Mark. They short handed. They need somebody over there on Wednesday night to hold down the floors at the meat market. I used to down put fish in there and get it ready for the next morning. That gig paid fifty dollars for that night. Fifty dollars. One more thing for you. Bubba Dog passed by the house. His brother getting out of jail. He had to go down the landcap to pick him up. All right, but now he got a package. He wants you to drop off and shake her heights. He said, you dropped this off, he gonna give you four hundred dollars Wednesday in the morning.
Speaker 1: You got to get to Friday. Okay, right here we go.
Speaker 3: First of all, First of all, I ain't got nothing to do with dropping off no package up and shake the heights back here eighty five because that people can go up there by van. They they the knowed I was up there doing something. That's four hundred dollars ain't nothing for some day in prison time. So I ain't dropping off no package. We could ignore that right there. What was the first one you said?
Speaker 1: The first one was oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I ain't going down there cleaning no damn floors, because once I got into comedy, I was committed to it.
Speaker 1: So I ain't cleaning no floors. I ain't dropping off no damn package.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to jails for his ass down there in Lancaster, cause I don't look good in Lancaster outfits. Now Here we go. I got two, I got two seventy five, rent is due. I'm finisha go make five and the lights is off. Okay, damn them lights. I'm gonna take that two seventy five. I'm gonna go down to Giant Tiger. I'm gonna buy me twenty four candles. Have them lit all up around the house. I don't need no damn lights. We ain't got to worry about this refrigerator getting this stuff back on, because I'm gonna go down there at the quick trip and I'm gonna eat down there while I'm standing in the aisle. I can get some neat that ain't no problem. Then I'm gonna gas up the car back in eighty five. I could gas up the car for ten dollars. I drive on down the seat and that I make this five, I get back with that five hundred. I got that two seventy five. I'm down to two sixty five. I'll just spent about another twenty five dollars on some groceries. I got about two fifty left. I get down here, I make this five hundred. I pay this rent. Got to have this rent on. Now, them lights on down there, I go down there, I put something on them, damn light.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I put a little something down on them lights, and see if I can talk to some girl down there, see if she can cut them on, just temporarily until I come back with the other half. If she can't, I can't give her that whole sixty. So I just keep That's why I bought them twenty four candles. I blow them out for I leave the house, so I just light them every time I come in. Now, I don't light all of them. I just like the ones who room I'm in. So now, now I got this rent back, and I still got two fifty.
Speaker 2: What but why would we not take some of the two fifty and turn these lights back on?
Speaker 3: Though I ain't got to do that, cause I'm gonna just go across the hawk at me a stenchion cord and play look it up to the people house next door, and then I'm gonna have me a little bit at juice. All I need is a lamp in there.
Speaker 1: But you said you was gonna buy some groceries. You did say groceries. So what's gonna do with the groceries?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, No, that was twenty five dollars worth of grocery. Get down to the gig. Yeah, that's why I got down too old. Oh y'all, it's how been here before. But I get that refrigerator, but I get that cold across there with the double unit on it.
Speaker 1: I glove refrigerating, one lamp. I'm back in this. You need to be.
Speaker 3: You need to be on the show Survivor Steve coming up, coming up next thanking.
Speaker 1: You asked me, you know this all day? That was easy? That nothing right there? I ain't even slick. Five hundred coming in weekend. We'll hear from the nephew with the prank phone call for today. Right after this, you're listening Morning show