Speaker 1: According to TMZ, the late Kobe Bryant gifted his father his first LA Lakers Championship ring back in two thousand. This was Kobe's first ring of five championship rings he would win throughout his NBA career with the Lakers. The ring is fourteen Carrett gold with forty diamonds. When social media got the news of the ring being auction the outrage poured out. Reportedly, this is not the first time Kobe's parents have tried to sell this ring and other memorabilia, and back in two thousand and six, Kobe attempted to sue his parents because he wasn't notified of the auction beforehand and did not give them permission to sell any of his items. The lawsuit allegedly led to Kobe and his parents relationship ending.
Speaker 2: Wowf and so now they're doing it again.
Speaker 3: Uh so, Kobe, Kobe's fans, they're upset, yank you very much.
Speaker 2: So outrage they sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh you do his parents need the money? Is that what this is all about? Your thinks here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah they need the money. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know, man, look I don't you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, situations like that, Yeah, that's sad.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the deal. You know they I don't, I don't know. You know, he gave it to them.
Speaker 5: Now before if that he had a problem with him selling it, he was here, you know, give it back to me. If you're gonna sell it, give it back to me. I gave it to y'all for sentimental reason. Now he's gone, mm hmmm. Sitting there on the ring. You know, they have a right to sell it because it's there's what what what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: Don't sit right with the fans at hides hide. Look, but the ring is just sitting there, you know, and they.
Speaker 2: Need the money.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, But when people people passed away.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, yeah, that's what happened. That's what happened, you know.
Speaker 1: And other news out of l a former NBA player Lamar odom and Olympia and Kaitlyn Jenner have teamed up for a new podcast. It's called Keeping Up with Sports. That's the name of their new podcast. They were both once featured on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, of course, with Lamar being the ex husband of Chloe Kardashian and Caitlin, of course, was Chris Jenner's ex and the goal of the podcast is to take a fresh look at what it takes to be the best at what you do.
Speaker 4: The first abody anybody watching the.
Speaker 2: First episode?
Speaker 4: Anybody watching that mass Sugar?
Speaker 2: Ray Leonard was on the first episode.
Speaker 4: Did you see it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: On social Yeah? Yeah, interesting. I think that's an interesting combo. Keeping up with sports, I love the name, a playoff. Keeping up with Kardashians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it ain't neither one of y'all keep up with your.
Speaker 2: Kardashian Oh you mean Lamar and Caitlin Yella.
Speaker 5: I don't think the name catch you at all. I think it a waste of damn town. I don't find him interesting. They just don't watch your people. To me, they're not interested to me, they're not interested to me. Lamar's not a great talker or can about what Caitlyn thinks.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, we'll see how it does. Okay, all right, We're moving on to Lil Wayne.
Speaker 1: Lil Wayne is accused of lying about his drug use to the US government so that he could get eight point nine million dollars in pandemic loans.
Speaker 2: This happened back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: According to the Business Insider, Lil Wayne listed his company as a drug free workplace, and he made hismployees aware of the dangers of using drugs. The Small Business Association is in the process of monitoring all recipients of the loans, and Little Wayne's Young Money Touring Company, Inc. Was flagged. If anyone is found to have violated the rules, they could be forced to go to a drug rehabilitation facility.
Speaker 5: Well hm wow, well, well that's all the boys down there, baby Wayne master p new cast was businessmen.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Slim Slim.
Speaker 5: Had them boys together, man them boys down in the end. Oh, they broke free before anybody.
Speaker 4: They showed them all what.
Speaker 2: To do fresh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: Everything is legit because he won't be messing up his Super Bowl performances right now.
Speaker 1: We'll see because the Small Business Administration is in the process of monitoring all recipients of those loans, So we'll see how this one comes out.
Speaker 4: The next Super Bowl. I predict Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans coming up twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you keep saying that. Yeah, that could very well happen too. Yeah, that could very well happen. And is that who you want to see you keep predicting.
Speaker 4: I don't know one Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 3: Yes you do, you remember she used to seeing it when she was little.
Speaker 2: We are never ever ever.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard to follow usher though. Don't you think it's gonna be real hard to find?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, because it's a year later.
Speaker 5: But you know, they say it was gonna be hard to follow Michael, they said about Prince, they said about Beyonce.
Speaker 2: It's a year Yeah, people forget if.
Speaker 5: You next that night, yeah, I don't you go out there?
Speaker 2: But a year later result.
Speaker 4: At night.
Speaker 1: Coming up at twenty minutes after the hour, the first ever have you guys heard about this? The first ever Miss Biggest Booty pageant that is going down tonight in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it, Yes.
Speaker 4: My honor wipe y'all ass out.
Speaker 2: You're listening. Hardy Morning Show