Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And who in this room do you think would do the best on a reality TV competition showed?
Speaker 2: What's the competition?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just anyone any of them?
Speaker 2: Don't Brooks pretty competitive? I feel like I've always wanted to be on The Amazing Race.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember I hunted down Phil Cogan for years to try to convince him to put me on there.
Speaker 3: I thought it was to date him.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I think Brook loses her glasses on the first challenge and.
Speaker 2: That would sucked her in Survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I only asked because a brand new reality TV competition show is about to take over the streaming world, and it's all thanks to famous YouTuber mister Beasts. He said he's teaming up with Amazon to create what he says will be the biggest reality competition series in television history.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to do some extreme stuff. If it's him, it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be called Beast Games, all right.
Speaker 2: I think it's so funny that he's mister Beasts and he looks like, yeah, the farthest thing from the beast, and Maker sures, what do.
Speaker 1: We know about Beast Games? Yeah, honestly really nothing. But it will feature one thousand contestants who will all compete for five million dollars wow, which is the largest single cash payout in television and streaming history. And he's got that money even cast.
Speaker 2: A thousand contestants.
Speaker 1: That is a say, subscribers everywhere on every channel.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but like with logistics of that are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Mister Beasts is also going to be the show's hosts, and he says, quote, my goal is to make the greatest show possible and prove that YouTubers and content creators can succeed on other platforms.
Speaker 2: You're ready to prove that, I mean, he's a millionaire.
Speaker 1: A release date has not been announced, but chances are it's coming out sometime in the future.
Speaker 2: Little so so far. More details would be helpful. Yeah, I would love to.
Speaker 3: Know a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But anyway, let's move on to our own reality TV competition show, the radio competition show The Shock Collar Question of the Day, with the show's version of mister B's Digital Digital Jake, Digital Jake.
Speaker 3: Like mid March seems like a random time for this, but the website Mental Floss just posted a list of things turning fifty in twenty twenty four, and there are some big ones really. So if you were born in nineteen seventy four, like Brooks younger cousin was.
Speaker 2: Younger, No offense to anybody that was, but I was not alive during that period.
Speaker 3: Well, if you were, then you're ready to put on your platform shoes and bell bottoms so you can play guess the item that turns the big five to zero in a brand new Balenti of twenty I'll give each of you a few hints on what the creation is, and you have to tell me the name.
Speaker 2: Hush.
Speaker 3: We'll start with the woman who uses fifty SPF on her toes before she sends out footpicks. That's Alexis.
Speaker 2: Keep those healthy, Alexis.
Speaker 3: This was invented in nineteen seventy four by a Hungarian guy named Erno. He originally called them magic cubes.
Speaker 2: What is it like a Rubik's cube? I mean, it's not really magic unless you were to get it solve it.
Speaker 3: Eight ball If it used to be a cube, shame and then they made it.
Speaker 2: A ballad cube. Yeah, I mean the other thing I could think is a Rubik's cube.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go that Jake Rubik's cube. It's correct, Alexis Jose's turn. Jose. A guy from New Jersey named Joe Woodland came up with the idea and drew it in the sand while vacationing in Florida back in nineteen seventy four. A few months later, it completely revolutionized shopping. What is it? Whoa?
Speaker 1: What was shopping like back then? Where they like didn't have something, but now we have it?
Speaker 3: It was it technology?
Speaker 1: Did he draw computer in the sand? A square specifically for shopping?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: He was like, there's an arrow from the airplane to the computer, and that's how we're gonna make it end.
Speaker 2: Okay, how Amazon was?
Speaker 3: I just clicked it's Amazon, James Jose said Amazon. That is incorrect, Jose. He drew a barcode in the sale.
Speaker 2: Not a very good artist.
Speaker 3: It's just let's move over to brook. But this candy was invented in the UK in nineteen seventy four, but didn't hit shelves in the US until nineteen seventy nine. Their famous three word slogan, created by a New York ad agency, helped propel them into the stratosphere. What candy is it.
Speaker 2: Your slogan got me because at first I was thinking Cadbury eggs. Right, yeah, word slogans. I don't know what their slogan is.
Speaker 3: Kickin ye, give me a break?
Speaker 2: No wrong way? KitKat? You think you think KitKat give.
Speaker 3: Me a break?
Speaker 2: A break hyphenated all right, I'll go KitKat, Brooks saying KitKat. That is.
Speaker 3: Incorrect. I was looking for skittles. Were over to Jeffrey. Now, Jeffrey. This popular game came out in nineteen seventy four and was derived from miniature war games. It got so popular that has Bro bought it and distributes millions of them every year. What is it?
Speaker 1: Hmmm? A lot of board games that we talk about come out in like the thirties and the forties, So what would have come out in the sixties about war?
Speaker 3: Like literal war?
Speaker 1: Then we're talking risk and stratigo. If you're talking like War of Bodies, then we're talking Twister. Oh okay, talking like War of Oceans. It's battleship, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a war. Yeah, it's very warrym hmm. Is that a verb adjective? War?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it is. Let's go with the most basic war game. We're gonna go risk.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey went with risk. That is incorrect, Jeffrey, I was looking for dungeons and Dragons, which turns fifty this year. So that means, Alexis, you're the winner of today's plenty of twenty fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Of this ship, well versed in fifty year old day.
Speaker 1: You're the job Alexis. So you get to choose who gets shot today, and they're gonna be singing Sweet Home Alabama by Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Brook, the theme song of my sorority. Really yeah, they say Delta Gamma instead of Alabama.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, guys.
Speaker 2: Awesome blue Sweet Home del together, you don't the gamba?
Speaker 1: All right, We're all going to do a beer bong after that. And that's your shock collar question of the day. Your phone taps coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,