Speaker 1: Wait up, wait, what you guys really are like the hip hop early morning, late night talking to Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show in a.
Speaker 3: Mad not from the Black Mothership in New York City's You take Envy, CHARLEMAGNEA God, Jess hilarious.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all for being cultural leaders, man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate what y'all do for the culture collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you.
Speaker 6: Everybody wait coming good morning Usa.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo yo Jess, hilarious, Morning, CHARLAMAGNEA God, please stoo up playing in this thurthday.
Speaker 4: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: Turny music yet a little read?
Speaker 9: I feel great. I feel blessed, black and highly favored. Somebody got their head dig where you came from, where you going?
Speaker 4: How about that where you coming from? Where you're going? Man?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to look really really cute today. Okay.
Speaker 5: I took my los out, you know, and then I put on my my nice little wig. Got it revamped. It's the same weak I had on in the roll out.
Speaker 1: Where you going?
Speaker 6: I call it the roll out.
Speaker 8: We had a man on when you came in this morning. I'm mink to the floor. Dress where you're going?
Speaker 6: I'm going back home after this.
Speaker 4: I felt like putting some clothes on that dress.
Speaker 6: Like this is the comes to radio station.
Speaker 4: Yes it look good, you feel good?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yes I did. You wasn't out last night?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Won't make sure? No, I wasn't out less making sure?
Speaker 5: No Roman and go home rooms like you know what, I'm gonna stay up here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Roman, still up here.
Speaker 9: Well, you gotta tell the people who roam is. I'm shureing people that follow Jesse Larius know who room is. But Rome is Justice baby father, baby father, her first baby father, original baby father, told you not the original? And today is National co Parenting Day. Yes, okay, so he'll be joining us, he'll be joining us later this morning. I had to talk about how him and just cold parents because I've said it before, I've never seen a co parenting situation like him and jests, like they call each other brothers and sister, but.
Speaker 4: They had to get there. It had to get there.
Speaker 6: They had to get there.
Speaker 4: That's right, and we're going to talk about how it got there.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, and then also Candice Owens will be joining us.
Speaker 4: Candace Owens will be joining us. This morning, I got a lot of calls about Candis.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I got a lot of d ms, a lot of hate messages, and.
Speaker 1: Now mine was fifty to fifty.
Speaker 8: It was a lot of people that I was surprised that was really interested in what she had to say, and they said they follow her and love her. And then I got a lot of people that what the hell y'all got her rolled?
Speaker 4: You know, but I didn't see nothing. But I don't be paying attention to people.
Speaker 5: So people yesterday, I people told me so Charlae Maine, like it was a lot for him, like, oh, tell uncle Charla or Charlene. You know, they was like staying to tell you, like, you can't bring nobody here like that, so please.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've been telling me that for years. I like a conversation over confrontation. You know, these people would just be talking about folks but never talking to them. Yes, you know, I don't agree with that ever.
Speaker 6: Or a small talk you don't like the small time.
Speaker 4: I don't do small talk.
Speaker 9: Speaking of small talks, y'all, y'all talk small I talk, biggie.
Speaker 4: It's a difference speaking of small talk.
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 4: What you got to come in?
Speaker 6: May twenty first?
Speaker 1: What's going on doing to press for him?
Speaker 5: He catch it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean I did catch it.
Speaker 9: But you know my third book, yes, Get Honest to Dieline, Why Small Talk Sucks, does come out May twenty first.
Speaker 4: You can pre order it now, so thank you, and you're welcome. Yes, you're welcome.
Speaker 6: I appreciate when I hear about it later.
Speaker 4: But Candice on to be up here.
Speaker 8: She'll be joining us next hour, next hour, That is correct, all right, Well let's get the show cracking tesling figure out will be joining us. We're gonna talk to her a minute, and what's popping in the news, and then we got worldwide just with the mess.
Speaker 4: That's not what it is?
Speaker 1: That the word world wide mess? Allud? You know what I mean? Loud, wrong record of the moment. Morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's Steve env jessellariyas Charlemagne the guy. We are to breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 6: What up, tis what's going on?
Speaker 5: DJMV Jessillary. It's charlemagnea goutte morning.
Speaker 4: Let's jump right into Trump.
Speaker 5: Well, Trump is asking his supporters to help him pay for his bond. You know, we talked about it before and kind of joked about it and said, oh, well, the supporters of guid will help him.
Speaker 6: So that's basically what he's doing.
Speaker 5: So yesterday, Donald Trump's campaign called for donations from one million of his backers, warning he could lose his New York properties, two days after the former president failed to secure the bond to cover four hundred and fifty four million dollar judgment in the civil Fray case. So a message went out to the supporters saying, keep your filthy hands off of Trump Tower. This came from a joint fundraising committee that allocates the money it collects to the campaign and a separate political committee that has been helping pay Trump's legal bills. The message was sent by text message and prompts for supporters to donate amounts from twenty dollars and twenty four cents up to three thousand, three hundred. Trump is doing this because he claims he cannot get a bond of one bond company to cover his four hundred and fifty four hundred and fifty four million dollar bond. But Attorney Letitia James said, in all this cap Trump could break this up and get several different companies to cover you know, the total amount, and stop saying you just need one company to do it.
Speaker 6: Here's our statement. Take a listen.
Speaker 11: Based on the false premise that they must obtain a single bond from a single shorty for the entire judgment of four hundred and sixty four million dollars, she suggests simply dividing the bond into smaller chunks among multiple shorties. She calls Trump's bluff on not wanting to do a fire sale to raise money, which the Attorney General says force her office to do the grunt work of liquidating Trump's assets.
Speaker 5: So this message went out to the Trump supporters again and it said, so before the day is over, I'm calling one million pro Trump patriots to chip in and say stop the witch hunt against President Trump.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: The deadline is March twenty fifth, that's Monday before for the Attorney General starts going after his property.
Speaker 9: All I've learned about America because of Donald Trump, that there's no checks and balances. There's absolutely no rules in place for people like Donald Trump, and by people I mean white, privileged and wealthy, because I can't believe we have a president or a person who's running for president with all these criminal charges, owes all these money in civil suits, and he's able to raise money from his donors. You know, you can use your campaign money to pay off your bonds, and that's okay. There is no job in America. They would let somebody work if they was facing the things that Donald Trump is facing. But he gets to run to be leader of the free world, and it's nothing in place to stop him. Insanity, not even just a job. There's some place you can't even get an apartment.
Speaker 5: What happens, so let let alone the job, even keeping the roof over your head. So yeah, this is really interesting and I'm definitely gonna stay on top of this. I want to know how many people raise money, because I believe they're gonna chimpion.
Speaker 6: I really don't I.
Speaker 9: Figure at this point. Donald Trump is a colt leader. He's probably been a cold leader for a few years now. But Maggie is a colt. I was in the gonna hold the guy. Now test I was gonna ask is it separate or is it? Is he actually using his campaign funds and it's that legal. You can use your campaign funds that you're supposed to be using.
Speaker 4: This campaign is doing people who issued the donation appill But.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a different like, you know, one it was a goal funded me, one was this, that and the other.
Speaker 4: So he's using his campaign funds for that.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a it's a political action committee, a pack. And by the way, check out straight Shot No Chaser on the Black Beed podcast network.
Speaker 6: I broke down packs. I believed two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: So this is a pack that is set up, a political action committee that's set up to help with the funds. So it's not directly coming from the same bucket, but it's the same people.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 5: Oh, there's still some conflict of interest that you know, because.
Speaker 9: Tad when you got Trump's campaign asking for the donations. Yes, it's the same bucket, same people, same everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess it's.
Speaker 5: Well it is again, so kind of it's a fundraising committee, the same people, two different buckets. But it's kind of like if if you got the same people in charge going two different things. You know what I'm saying, like, where's the where's the checks and balances?
Speaker 6: Where is the.
Speaker 5: Inappropriateness, where's the conflict of interests like we saw with the Fannie Willis case where it is too close to comfort. You don't know if you're donating to when you're sending out an email to somebody you know that's saying, hey give me twenty dollars and twenty four cents. You don't know if you're sending it into the campaign. You don't know, if you're sending it to the to the bond. You don't know what you know. So there's a lot that goes into that, and the waters are too close too money.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when you got a fundraising effort led by a joint committee distributing funds of the Trump's campaign and a separate political committee covering his legal expenses, it's the same damn thing.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, that is front page news. What are we talking next hour?
Speaker 5: Test Well, President biden impeachment hearing went down yesterday. There was a lot of back and forth, a lot of shade throw on. I'm gonna talk to you about that. And in California, if you're arrested. They used to put your fifth picture on social media, but now it's going to be covered up by a legohead.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna tell you about that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: We'll get into that next. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines wide open, it's to breakfast club the morning.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this knowledge?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 13: Off?
Speaker 1: Knowledge?
Speaker 4: Was finding? How you doing?
Speaker 12: King?
Speaker 14: I'm like, man ain, oh god man. Finally y'all got candles on on that. And I liked it because everybody.
Speaker 1: Don't think the same. And I read a book.
Speaker 14: She has some good points, you know what I'm saying. She's saying, it's a black community accepting her.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 14: I think some people always accepted us, just like we accept black republics, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I mean, like you just said, everybody has an audience, you know, and everybody has people that don't like them music.
Speaker 4: So it is what it is.
Speaker 8: I always say everything is a conversation, right there is. You know, we can't get to a resolution if we can't speak to each other.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 14: Absolutely. Hey, one more thing, Charle Magne, you are on your book broout, You're gonna do the same thing you did.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 14: Black Tribragion comes to Dallas.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm going everywhere. I'm going. I'm going everywhere on my book till my book.
Speaker 9: Comes out May twenty first, I think so like starting that week, I'll be everywhere. I'm coming to Dallas, I'm going to Austin. I'll be all over the place.
Speaker 14: Your man, I don't have no private party.
Speaker 4: Man, come to the man I'm doing. I'm gonna be right there in Barnes and Noble.
Speaker 14: Well, I'm gonna pull up on you for real like I did all the all the time.
Speaker 9: Where was I at last timer in Dallas? I was at two book tours and dollars I know. I went to Barnes and Nobles.
Speaker 14: Was just Paul Queen too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll definitely be at Paul Quins too, to Paul Queen College. I'll definitely be there.
Speaker 14: One last more thing, one last thing, man, I need you. I need to talk to your people. Man, I'm part of this business UIG Group with sales sport. Man, I want you to pull up.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, Charlaman don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 1: No, I can tell Hello.
Speaker 14: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 15: If Charlo lamb Courtney from Alabama? What's up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: Call just too?
Speaker 15: Oh my pat just mother? Good morning? Jest Starry started, Sorry.
Speaker 6: Good morning, It's okay?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 15: Though I wanted to get off my chest. I think people need to give candide into a chance. Like I was just telling the other guy wrong fuck is right twice the day and he actually said pretty interesting stuff on Joe Budden's podcast. So I'm ready to hear what she has to say.
Speaker 9: Prest There is nobody on this planet that you agree with one hundred percent, like nobody. I don't care how much you like that. So I don't know why even people had that mentality. But you know social media or have you thinking that, uh, everybody is hated. You can't be hated if you got.
Speaker 4: Millions of people listening to you all the time, like can this owns the So some people hate that. Some people like us, right, right.
Speaker 15: Then the girl makes sense, I mean, she makes sense, so I'm ready to hear.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, we're gonna chop it up with her next hour, so just keep a lot, brother, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast clubs a day.
Speaker 4: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Wait up, whether you're mad or.
Speaker 6: Black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 3: Call up now. Eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Preakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 16: We's this good morning, missus Tree calling from ninety seven point nine. I'm making Georgia. I just want to take a few moments out real quick and acknowledge my precious system miss Jests on this Women's mont and give her a standing ovation or for her aterrialism she displayed towards Miss Wendy William. That was very classy of her to not kick her while she was down while everybody else was kicking Miss Wending down. As a matter of fact, after Miss Jess said what she said and the dualted Miss Wendy William the Brat came on and.
Speaker 12: Said that the lady made a pass at her. You don't kick a person down, Wendy down, you try to pull them up. And I appreciate that and her taking them on not being messy but being a tremendous walman much.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that, Thank you, Trey, peace in love, and I do agree. You don't kick people when they're down, but it depends what the person, who the person is, and what they did to you, okay, because you might need to keep them down. They get up, they might kill your assaction.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 1: It's Nikki.
Speaker 17: Get it off your chest, Nikki, Good morning club Today. This is my mom seventyeth birthday, so I just wanted to shout her out. That is my world. You know, she's an amazing grandmother wife, so you just want to show her some love today.
Speaker 6: Happy born day, Happy birthday, Mama.
Speaker 4: She's so fine.
Speaker 6: First of all, what, yes, yes, she is very fine.
Speaker 17: Everyone who knows my mom, Yes, she's very fine. She got cursed and everything.
Speaker 5: He asked you, He asked you like you was gonna be like no, like why exactly?
Speaker 17: Come on down?
Speaker 6: Thank you baby.
Speaker 17: You don't have a Facebook page Instagram, but you don't have a face.
Speaker 4: Got all the seventy year old be on Facebook. I ain't know she would have. I g okay, Lord, thank you.
Speaker 6: Alone.
Speaker 1: No good with mama.
Speaker 17: But thank your YouTube.
Speaker 8: Bye bye by now get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. Now just with the Worldwide Mess. Yes, it's coming up.
Speaker 5: What we're talking about as we're expounding, unfolding and breaking down more of the quiet on set documentary.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. Absolutely Okay, nothing.
Speaker 1: By you k today.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be in the third hour. I'm quishing that. It's a lot of juicy news.
Speaker 5: But y'all, I get seven minutes per hour to do just with the Worldwide Mess, so please bear with me.
Speaker 6: So I'll be breaking this stuff down over the course of the weeks.
Speaker 8: Okay, right, And that comes up next to Don't Move, It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Go Morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning, everybody. It's the j MG.
Speaker 8: Just hilarious, Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Now Charlemagne has this podcast festival going down in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I do It's Saturday, April twenty seventh.
Speaker 9: Go get your tickets right now at black effect dot com, Slash Podcast Festival our event bright dot com. But today is also National col Parenting Day. I am very excited about National co Parenting Day. And not next hour because next hour is Candice Owns. The hour after that Justice just hilarious is original? Baby Father Baby Rome will be here to talk about how they cold parent because they have such an interesting co parenting situation.
Speaker 5: I don't like original because you're trying to meet Chris. Sounds like he's not original. He's original in his own little way.
Speaker 4: You want to see I don't want to see one. You want to see part two?
Speaker 6: Part two just Roman Chris. That's it.
Speaker 1: They have their names, ain't okay, you're right, here's the OG.
Speaker 4: I like he's the OG. I enjoyed room story.
Speaker 8: Well we're gonna talk to Room, not next hour but the following out. But right now, let's get the jests with the mess.
Speaker 1: This is real?
Speaker 6: Ye news is real? Is Jessica Robert Moore?
Speaker 8: Just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Don't world wide worldwide mess. Good on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Just with the worldwide matter. Okay, so you might want to run a little bit. All right, So the Nickelodeon documentary recap. So Dan Schneider showed signs of inappropriate behavior early in his career. One of his first shows. He is the writer, he is the producer. Yeah, he's the showrunner, all of this stuff, right, gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Dan, don't ask questions because this is a lot already question, thank you. So one of his first shows, he hired a female writer for having friends at you know, he fired a female writer for having friends at her house over the weekend. He was like famous for getting too personal with the people that worked on a set, you know what I mean? He was two in their personal lives. And Amanda Bynes actually wanted to run away. For those who don't know, Amanda minds, y'all should I don't know what's wrong with y'all. But she wanted to run away from home because her parents told her that she couldn't date an older boy. But Dan Schneider helped her run away and convinced her to file for emancipation, but the emancipation didn't go through. Now, emancipation is when you can basically get permission from the state to be free to do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: Before you're elite and before you're legal.
Speaker 5: Right, and that would like exclude him from child laws, so he convinced her to do it. He reportedly convinced a lot of his child actors to get emancipated because it would exempt them from exit them from child laws.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry dealing with their parents.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: The doc shares the names of multiple predators on set.
Speaker 10: In two thousand and five, there was another case. Is Zelle Channel, a worker at the Nickelodeon lot in Burbank. He brought a child to the lot, a boy, and was convicted of abusing that child on the lot. He actually had prior convictions as a sex offender, and Nickelodeon didn't catch it. Jason Michael Handy, Brian Peck, and Azelle Channel. These are three predators who worked at Nickelodeon, all in a short amount of time.
Speaker 4: Horrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, Brian Peck was not a writer.
Speaker 5: I not said he was a writer yesterday, But if y'all pay attention to everything I report about this, I originally said that he was a dialogue coach on set, So yeah, I do apologize. One of the child actors, Kyle Sullivans, spoke on a surprising friendship that Brian Peck had. For those who don't know, a quick Google search says John Wayne Gacy, who was an American serial killer and sex offender who raped, torture, and murder at least thirty three young women. And I'm a young men and boys yup in Norwood Park, t near Chicago, Illinois. That was his That was actually his pinpal. He actually like was in like kind of like a little bit of love with this guy.
Speaker 18: Everyone went to Brian's house for a barbecue, and.
Speaker 1: His house was a little off.
Speaker 18: He had a room that was just dedicated to like vintage.
Speaker 4: Toys and comic books.
Speaker 18: I noticed a painting in the room that stuck out to me. It was of a birthday clown holding balloons, and Brian got very excited when I asked him about it. He flipped the thing around and on the back it said to Brian, I hope you enjoy the painting, best wishes your friend John Wayne Gacy. It was a self portrait of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, and Brian actually developed a pen power relationship with John. He kept like this pile of letters and photos from John Wayne Gacy in his nightstand next to his bed.
Speaker 5: Very very weird yep. And then Jason Handy was also who the lady also talked about. He was also an employee on the set. He was a production assistant a PA on the Nickelodeon set. He was along with kids very often. Yep, he was along with kids very often. He was arrested on multiple charges after the police got an anonymous tip about him, and he had built relationships with child actors who had small roles on shows as extras, promising them future roles and we have audio frame as well.
Speaker 7: Law enforcement had been tipped off about Jason Handy's inappropriate behavior towards.
Speaker 6: Children, so in two thousand and three they searched his home.
Speaker 7: They find this enormous trove of child pornography, over ten thousand images of children, including seven hundred and sixty eight images of young girls in erotic poses, two hundred and thirty eight images of young girls in sexually explicit poses, and two images of girls engaged in bondadjectivity. One of the CDs included having video files of miners engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They also found his journal and he admitted to some crazy things. He also wrote about his relationship with a nine year old girl who was a guest on The Star Show.
Speaker 6: Cousin Skeeter, I am a pedophile, full blown.
Speaker 7: I really have been giving in to my desire for little girls these past few weeks, and I even struggle on a day to day basis of how I can find a victim to rape if I have to.
Speaker 6: And this was These are all people employed by Dan Schneider.
Speaker 5: Schneider yet Nickelodeon, but Dan Schneider, he was over top of everybody.
Speaker 9: I haven't watched this documentary and don't plan too because I don't want that in much spirit. But I just want to know what happens next. It's just going to lead the charges being bought against these individuals. Have charges already been brought against the.
Speaker 5: Yes, actually, Brian Pack, remember I reported a story about him. He was Drake's predator, Drake Bell's predator he spoke about and he only served sixteen months in jail and then he went to work for Disney.
Speaker 6: They gave him a job at Disney.
Speaker 9: So yeah, yeah, I just want to know what's gonna come out of putting all of this out there, because if nothing comes of it, then they're just exploiting these kids trauma for profit.
Speaker 1: Well, you see what's happened.
Speaker 8: It seems like more and more of these kids are coming out and talking about other people that have been sexually assaulting them and doing these type of things, which is what we want because we want to protect these kids and these child actioralsll.
Speaker 4: That's what we want.
Speaker 9: If it leads to people actually being arrested by olle, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then a lot of people are they have mental illness because their story has never been told what I mean, So I still think that it's you know, of course they should be compensated something happens, and then also like these people should be put in jail and all that, but just still to know about this, you know. That's the way my son don't want to do TV. I would never even let them. I don't even care. Like you know what I'm saying, Stories like this should be told, just for both sides of it.
Speaker 6: You know, industry is very wicked.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that is yes, with the mess, the worldwide mess, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now when we come back, Teslin Figuro will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with test and then Candice owns to be in a building. It's the breakfast Good morning.
Speaker 3: You're checking out the breakfast club on everybody is DJ n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamaga, gud we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Let's get in some front page news. What up tis?
Speaker 6: What's going on? Dj mvjess Hilarious, CHARLEMAGNEA guy, good morning.
Speaker 8: Now let's jump right into it. Let's talk about lego heads in California.
Speaker 4: Boss.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is really interesting.
Speaker 5: Guys, make sure you go look this up and just thought this was a really interesting story. In twenty twenty one, the state legislature in California pass laws preventing law enforcement from posting monk shots on their social media accounts accept in certain situations. That's when the department began using emojis to block the faces of suspects seeing and arrest photos, but they eventually settled on logo heads.
Speaker 6: Lego heads. Take a listen.
Speaker 19: The Muriada Police Department getting a lot of attention lately over these social media posts not showing the suspects faces instead covering them up with lego heads.
Speaker 2: At least five years ago we started. We began publishing a weekly round up where we put out booking photographs of arrest that we made during the week. Those posts, specifically, would sometimes get a little off track, focus more on the physical appearances of the suspects that we posted about versus the.
Speaker 1: Story and the good work that our officers were doing.
Speaker 19: At first, they started using emojis. Even Shrek made an appearance in one post. So why then use lego heads a little of fun, get some attention, you know, game? The social media algorithms generate some attraction. It likes following stuff like that. Plus, it's now against the law for law enforcement to post mug shots of suspects in most circumstances. The new law has changed the way Riverside police do things.
Speaker 9: We such an unserious country. Did you hear what he said? Basically they just cloud Chase literally said they doing it for the grant that I'm telling you man, we are such an unserious country.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: Everybody in their mama is chasing an algorithm, and it's that.
Speaker 6: It is, including the police department.
Speaker 14: So that's that.
Speaker 1: Like why, Well, their point.
Speaker 5: Is that I guess they want to see want people to know, Hey, you get arrested for this, or you get arrested for that. This the work that we're doing and so that's just a way I guess that's how they're doing that outreach to get people to.
Speaker 9: And also I guess the biggest point that wasn't said in the news report, at least I missed it is that the images of suspects involved.
Speaker 4: In non violent crimes for him being shared.
Speaker 9: I was like, why would they wouldn't want to share, you know, the faces of murderers and pedaphile not violent?
Speaker 4: Non violent? Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, maybe if you were drunk and this, you know, maybe you got arrested for it, and once you hey, you know, we'll arrest you, and you know, it's not a game. And kind of use that as a way to promote you know, awareness on what they're doing and to keep people, you know, engaged. Remember that I used to have. I don't know how many states do it, but they, you know, like put out mug shots every week of people maybe do stupid stuff and you get a chance to kind of follow some people watch that type of stuff.
Speaker 6: So this is just their way of you know, awareness, and a.
Speaker 9: Lot of people are innocent until proven guilty, you know, so it's like you might you might get a mug shot and you know you probably did not you might not have committed the crime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And they said people were focusing on like what people look like.
Speaker 6: But you know how social media is.
Speaker 5: Instead of talkalking about, hey, this person got arrested for X y Z and you need to be aware of this, they're talking about, oh, look at his hair or look at his clothes or look at it. So they just said, okay, we'll just take this part out and just deal. You know, look at the make the issue the focus and not the person.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask.
Speaker 8: I know one time, they have an app where you can see where all the pedalphiles live in your area. Sometimes you're supposed to oh yeah, yeah, there's no sign or nothing like that. They don't make you put a sign in your lawn.
Speaker 9: And they do because I haven't seen seen the sign.
Speaker 5: Before you have it, or you'll go to jail for not you know, identifying.
Speaker 1: Because I haven't seen a sign in the lawn.
Speaker 4: And well that's good, I mean, I know that's good.
Speaker 1: Or that people are not putting the signs.
Speaker 5: They're not putting the signs up what it is, But you can definitely go on you can definitely go online and put in your address and see who is. It's actually quite shocking. I recommend people do it. You'll be surprised you know how many people around you, uh may be in that database.
Speaker 6: Very very interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, well let's discuss a body now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So fireworks at the House hearing yesterday for the Biden impeachment inquiry. So have you missed it. I'm going to give you a quick recap on what happens. The Republicans and Democrats call witnesses to support and refute claims that President Biden was involved in his son, Hunter Biden's business dealings.
Speaker 6: Take a listen, Lee.
Speaker 20: Tonight a fiery inflection point in the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, excuse me, mister Bublinsky, that's my time.
Speaker 20: House Republicans holding a hearing designed to feature Hunter Biden, who had asked to give public testimony but declined to appear. Instead, the committee heard from a pair of former Hunter Biden business associates who testified. Despite President Biden's denials he was involved in his son's businesses, he was.
Speaker 19: An active, aware enabler who met with business associates such as myself to further the business.
Speaker 20: They say Joe Biden participated in person and on speakerphone in meetings and dinners with Hunter's foreign business partners. Hunter's former business associate Jason glanis testifying from prison.
Speaker 18: The Vice president said he some plus offerers and then all we say travels and Matt said, well, okay, you'd be good to.
Speaker 21: My whole wofe.
Speaker 5: So Democrats said that there was no evidence of a crime. They invited les Lev Partners and ex associate of Rudy Giuliani, and he said he was hired to dig up dirt on biden business ventures in Ukraine.
Speaker 6: Take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 4: I found precisely zero evidence of the Biden's corruption in Ukraine.
Speaker 20: In an exclusive interview, Partners accused Republicans of being willing accomplices of the Kremlin.
Speaker 4: They're not getting down to the truth. All they're doing is pushing the same Russian narrative and propaganda.
Speaker 6: A couple other things. There was a lot of back and forth yesterday during the hearing.
Speaker 5: Florida Representative Muskolwitz called Republicans bluff. He said he will help the Republicans out and make a motion right now to go ahead and Pete. He said, if y'all gonna do it, do it. Let's get it out the way. Take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 22: Why aren't you guys calling for the vote in your committee? When is it going to happen?
Speaker 1: We don't disnap impeachments like you guys. We actually do the facts. We do oversight.
Speaker 4: You're never You're never gonna call for it.
Speaker 1: You can predict the future.
Speaker 12: How you know?
Speaker 22: You guys only have six more months probably in power, right until the elections.
Speaker 19: This is a constitution put a time limit on the oversight.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did.
Speaker 4: I didn't read that in the constitution.
Speaker 22: So if you believe you don't, you don't can't call for the impeachment now. Then what you're admitting is you haven't yet proven that he's committed a high crime and misdemeanor.
Speaker 4: You haven't proven it yet, otherwise you would call for it. I assume this is a big nothing burger, y'all.
Speaker 1: What was at the time?
Speaker 9: Everybody, everybody, both of these campaigns just need to get out there on the campaign trail, rodes leans up and attempt to energize people.
Speaker 4: Trump's charge is not gonna stop him from running.
Speaker 9: And this Joe Biden fake impeachment pro man gonna stop him from running.
Speaker 4: Easy, everybody need to get to work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting you say that, because that's one the one last clip I want to play where he said they're never gonna do this impeachment. This is all just a big bluff. TAKEE play that last one, and so I just think.
Speaker 4: We should do it today. Let's just call for it.
Speaker 22: I'll make the motion, mister Sherman.
Speaker 4: I want to help you out.
Speaker 22: You can second it, right, like, make the motion to impeach President Biden. Go ahead, sure, Sue you second it. Nothing Okay, we got nothing.
Speaker 4: So I wanted with my last.
Speaker 22: Couplements show the American people that they're never gonna impeach Joe Biden. It's never gonna happen because they don't have the evidence.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a show.
Speaker 22: It's all fake. They just want to do these hearings. It's not leading to impeachment. They're lying to their base on Newsmax and Fox leading these people to believe that they're gonna eventually impeach the president.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna happen at all. Ever, period you had Republicans.
Speaker 9: You had some Republicans say months ago that you know, they were just looking to do this as get back for the two times that Trump was impeached. So it's like, you'll stop wasting the americans people time, Stop wasting the American people's time.
Speaker 4: Everybody, just get out there on the campaign trail.
Speaker 9: And you know, both of these individuals, Trump and Biden need to go out there and try to win this election the old fashioned way by shaking hands and kissing babies.
Speaker 4: Better go out there and energize the people and stop these stunts.
Speaker 5: And knock it on doors and getting it done. Because, as we talked about yesterday, you have a lot of people that are showing up to the polls just to say I don't want to deal with either one of you. And those are period that you need to be concerned about. For sure, there's always going to be more people who.
Speaker 6: Sit at home.
Speaker 5: People say that every day. Oh, people sitting home. People sit at home all the time. What I with this threat that we're seeing now is that you have people on both sides, Republicans and Democrats, that are getting out of their bed, putting on their clothes, driving down to the poll just to say I don't want either one of y'all. No, those are the ones that you really need to be concerned about. And people can say, oh, it's not a big dealer, it's just one hundred thousand people. But one hundred thousand people can make a one percent two percent difference, you know, especially in a swing state, so it makes a big difference. We saw that in Michigan in twenty sixteen. So yep, get out there, shake hands, kiss babies, do what you need to do, and to pass out checks or do something. Do figure out what you're gonna do, because this back and forth is just drama.
Speaker 1: And people are over it.
Speaker 9: That's why I'm man. I'm part of the exhausting majority. I don't give a damn about either party. Democrat are Republican, and I feel like, if you're black in this country, you damn sure shouldn't be beholding the either party. You shouldn't be beholding the Republican and you shouldn't beholding the Democrats period.
Speaker 1: I can give it all right, or a politician.
Speaker 9: Politicians in this period like, I'm strictly voting my interest nothing more than nothing less.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Well, thank you?
Speaker 9: Tis absolutely and make sure you follow at tesnen figure on all social media platforms and subscribe to this great shot no chase of podcast on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network host about Tesney Figures.
Speaker 8: All right, now, when we come back, Candace Owens will be joining us, So we're gonna kick it with Candace Owens.
Speaker 4: So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ env just hilarious, charlamage the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guests in the building.
Speaker 4: Oh they're not gonna like this one. We have Candace Owens. Welcome.
Speaker 1: How you feeling?
Speaker 6: I feel great?
Speaker 4: Where did all of this begin for Candace Owns?
Speaker 23: You know, I feel like I have this a very regular story. Like I was born in New York, raised in Stanford. There was nothing, you know, particularly that stood out in my childhood that mean me think that I was going to go into politics. I feel like I landed into politics kind of accidentally. And I say accidentally because I was I thought I was a liberal my whole life, you know, I thought I was on the left my whole life and really didn't pay attention to politics in any meaningful way. And then, you know, when Trump was running for office, I didn't want to be elected. I was like this, not because I thought he was a racist or a sexist, but just because I thought it was crazy to go from Obama, who had a certain decorum about him too, suddenly this sort of brash New Yorker. But I thought it was weird when all of a sudden, the people that liked Trump, you know, everyone thought he was like this iconic symbol of business. He was in rap songs, everybody Trump was, the status flipped on him in one second. I just didn't I didn't buy the narrative that he was in the media for three four decades and suddenly you wanted me to believe overnight that he was like Adolf Hitler and a racist. So I just didn't trust the media's narrative about him, and so I decided to actually listen to what he said. I still didn't vote for him in twenty sixteen, but I wanted to just listen to what he actually said. And then when I saw what he was saying versus how it was being reported, I just found out to be extremely dishonest. So I started researching more, learning more and then I got kind of angry, like just with the lies, because I do think Black Americans are intentionally manipulated emotionally by the media and you know, kind of kept dumb but emotional intentionally by the school system. And I started reading up on like Thomas Soul, Shelby Steele, a bunch of black scholars I originally had dismissed as Uncle Tom's and you know, irony now as I get called am uncle time all the time, so I got what was coming. But yeah, and then I realized that actually I've always been a conservative, I just didn't know it. And economically speaking, of course, the conservative arguments make the most sense.
Speaker 4: Does that bother you that people call you and Uncle Tom?
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 23: First off, because if they've read the book, uncle Tom was the hero, but also because I get it. You know, how can I fault people for something that I would have engaged in for the majority of my life. I thought the same thing about black conservatives, like I thought it was this betrayal, but I never actually understood it. It was just an emotional response. And I think that kind of is if you come out of the public school system. I can't imagine how you could be a black conservative when just the way that they even tell us our own history is just not true.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 4: Do you think that that's true with most people though?
Speaker 9: Like you know, like when you think of a Trump or just anybody, you're you're fine with them, but then you learn like their politics or you learn what they believe spiritually, and then you're like, uh, you're turned off from it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And I don't even think it's necessarily the politics. I really do.
Speaker 23: Think the media plays the biggest part in it because Trump, as far as I know, Trump's been maybe he used to be a Democrat, but he's been a Republican and a conservative for a long time. I mean, we know he had to have been a conservative in terms of economics. You know, he's wealthy, so you'd be hard pressed to find someone that's wealthy and you know, advocating for Marxists beliefs. But yeah, I just feel like it's more about the media wants power. The media has a vested interest in things politically, and they like to make us think that we're having this open conversation and we're learning the.
Speaker 6: Truth about people.
Speaker 23: But these are just hatchet near jobs, libeling people, and I diluting a ton of people to turn against their own dust interests.
Speaker 4: Now you said something earlier, you said that you wanted to listen to what Trump had to say. In twenty sixteen, you still didn't vote for him. So looking at the country now, right of course, this Trump is Biden. Who do you think is better for our community?
Speaker 6: Obviously?
Speaker 23: Well, first and foremost, just for everybody. You should have a president that's you, not mentally deteriorating like Biden is. I mean, he's in full mental deterioration. It's crazy to pretend anything else that's happening right now. It's scary, first and foremost, because we have real enemies out there, and you have a person that can't lead. You know, he can't remember what he ate for breakfast, he's saying things, and the amount of times that he keeps talking about his dead son as if he's alive.
Speaker 6: It's very alarming.
Speaker 23: And I don't say that with any ill will in my heart either, because he's showing signs of when my grandfather, who passed a couple of years ago, his minds are diminishing, and you start to see those early signs of dementia. The way he walks his gait, the way that he's falling. That this is crazy. Everyone should be outraged, whether you're on the left or the right. But in terms of the better candidate for black Americans, I asked people the question, how were you living under Trump, the person that they told you was going to put us back into chains and we were all going to be slaves again.
Speaker 6: How is the economy under Trump? And how are you doing today?
Speaker 23: And every time you ask that question, everyone knows that they were living better under Trump because he was deregulating the environment and there were just people were just living better under Trump. And he is, in my opinion, a better president because at least he's telling you the truth and he's telling you what he actually thinks.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 23: One of the things that I hated the most about him when he first came on the escuator, I was like, oh, he's way too brash. You know, Obama sounds way more polite. But I asked the question, do you want to be politely lied to or have somebody that's at least telling you what they think about you in no uncertain terms. So you know, I like Trump for a ton of reasons, and for me, it was always about the economic argument, and I knew that he was going to be a better candidate for Black Americans because of that. Especially, you know, build the Wall sounded so wild right back.
Speaker 6: In twenty sixteen.
Speaker 23: It sounded wild, It sounded enophobic, and I was saying, if these illegals get into the inner city communities, the first people that are going to be harmed are going to be Black Americans.
Speaker 8: People actually were mad at you right when you got into a conversation with Ti at the Revolt Music conference, right and you were saying that and people didn't understand it. But it seems like people are understanding what you were trying to say back then.
Speaker 23: Yeah, And I am so happy to have those moments because, like I think tis a trash person. You know, I'll say that a thousand times over, because first and foremost I had spoken to Ti prior to that event, Like TI was the only person on stage that I actually knew, and because for the same reasons that I met you, Kanye had put us in touch. We had talked, and I know that TI thinks more conservatively, so he was literally putting on a show. And so it just makes me wonder, especially with all the stuff that came out in the did he lassuit?
Speaker 6: Like who's controlling TI? Because that was wild.
Speaker 23: He was literally putting on a show like he didn't know me on stage, like he was surprised I was saying the stuff. He was way more level headed and rational when we were on the phone, and I still look back in the moment, I'm like, what was he doing? It was just it was like a circus act up there, and he was doing something that I thought was harmful because we were actually having a great discussion, and yet he created a little moment and that was all the media ran with the fact we were on that stage for hours, they ran with that moment, and I was really upset about it.
Speaker 6: But you're right.
Speaker 23: I was talking a lot about legal immigration and saying something that we need to pay attention to because eventually the black vote's not going to matter. Something that that they worked so hard for is not going to matter. They get enough of legals in what are we at ten million under Biden, and they're doing it intentionally like it's going to be the same thing that they did to black Americans in the sixties, what Lynnon Bange Johnson's did when he established welfare ism, in.
Speaker 6: The Great Society Act.
Speaker 23: They want to get these people in, offer them handouts and turn them into economic slaves that will continue to vote for Democrats because they're getting free handouts. And it's incredibly racist first and foremost, but because Black Americans are still a lot of Black Americans, I just say, are still living under this deception that Lennon Bange Johnson was a good president even though he wasn't a vowed racist.
Speaker 6: I mean, he hated black people.
Speaker 23: I mean so many times, I mean hard are referring to us as the N word. I'll have those N words voting Democrat for the next two hundred years. And this man is being held as a hero because he had to sign the Civil Rights Act essentially with the figurative gun to his head because the country was on fire.
Speaker 6: You know, JFK I just died and there were.
Speaker 23: Riots in the streets protesting because of racism, and he did not want to sign it, but he did. And with the other hand, he signed the Great Society Act and incentivized welfarerism and you know, programs to incentivize not marrying black men. You know, to think that we had government agents knocking out a door, going into the homes of black women and being like, there better not be a man that lives here. We're just here to check to make sure. If you want this check, dad can't be home. Every other ill that Black America is facing today is because we've removed fathers from the home. So I am like a big you know, I use my platform to talk about men a lot and the need for male leadership. Everything that is so harmful. This you know me too, false feminism, all of this crap. It's anti man, and it's anti man for a reason, because a society cannot survive without strong men, a household cannot survive without strong men.
Speaker 6: We need strong men to lead homes.
Speaker 23: And so the fracturing of the black family I think was the test, like like we were the mice in the experiment, like let's see how that goes, and now they're kind of doing that writ large and I just I hate feminism so much I can't even tell you because what it's about is it's just an attack on them.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 1: We got more with Candace Owens when we come back. Don't wolve. It's the breakfast club, Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ.
Speaker 8: Envy Jess hilarious, Charla mean the guy we are to Breakfast club is still kicking it with Candace Owens.
Speaker 9: Charlemagne, you said, no government anywhere has a right to commit a genocide. Ever, there's no justification with genocide.
Speaker 23: Yeah, that is going to age so well. Genocide is always wrong. It is guys. It is always wrong and doesn't matter at any point in human history. Any person that is advocating for genocide is always in the wrong. And when I wrote that tweet, I was referring to Brian mast was a congressman. He got up and he literally said in Congress that there's no such thing as an innocent Palestinian.
Speaker 6: And I was like, that is genocidal.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 23: As soon as you say an entire group of people are all evil, you are now laying the groundwork to justify a genocide.
Speaker 6: And that to me was wild. So I spoke up against him.
Speaker 4: Now with the politicians, right, how are people better on under Trump?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: Like, what are some things that you can point to?
Speaker 23: Well, I mean, like I said, common sense, everybody was looking better on the trunk put just in terms of the environment for people that were entrepreneurial, definitively one of the first things he did was he started slashing regulations, like, you know, slashing these barriers that prevent people who want to go into business from starting a business, because they learned that there's all of these government agencies that are you got to get this into place, You got to get this in place, you have to get you know, this license. That's that's government agencies that are actually standing between you and starting a company. And so on his very first day he was just like cutting regulations left and right, saying throbus went out, broke, this went out, bro this went out, which freed up the markets. At the end of the day, what I am is, I'm a free market capitalist. Free the markets allow people to compete fairly. Stop allowing the government to stop people or you know, de incentivize them from creating new jobs. I'll give you an example. A cousin of mine wanted to start a food truck. Great, awesome, love for you to do that, and he looked into like how many certifications and barriers there were before he could actually start the food truck. That is the government growing powerful. Essentially, you have to have money or you have to know somebody to play the game for you to be able to start from nothing and make something of yourself.
Speaker 6: Economic mobility is really what it's about.
Speaker 23: So, I mean, that was one of the things I loved the most about Trump is that he was very sensible.
Speaker 6: He has a very good business head.
Speaker 23: He understands the business environment, and every person should want to, you know, should be aspiring not to work for a bunch of people that don't have your best interest, but.
Speaker 4: To So many businesses have failed though, Yeah.
Speaker 23: But even failing is a part of the entrepreneur Things that I've tried to do have failed, right, And I don't ever let that be a barrier, Like I think that there's always this psychological mindset of people that are are fearful to fail. That's the best way for things to happen, because you learn so much and failure and people always want to point to and mock somebody for failing, like, oh, she tried to.
Speaker 6: Do this, and then she felt, well, leash, she tried, right, what are you doing?
Speaker 23: Yes, And you learn from them, you grow from those losses, you know, and that's enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 23: That's the thing that really bothers me too, is like that that's psychological conditioning of like, well, what's the point in trying cause you might fail. It's like, no, you should try and you might fail, and then you'll learn and the next time you try, you might make something of yourself.
Speaker 9: I won't go back to something you said earlier because I know a lot of people will hear you say, well, Ken, it's just speaking a lot about you.
Speaker 4: Know, the black family. But then you married a white man.
Speaker 23: For me personally, I never thought of my husband as a race. This is very interesting to me that to see people go, she's she's married to a white man. I look at my kids. I'm not like, oh, my kids are mixed. I married the person that it made the most sense for me to marry. I have a mind that is just you know, if you even knew half the things that I'm thinking about, stuff that I'm reading, just go go, go, go go all the time. It's it's difficult for me to find It was difficult for me to find a partner. That was a challenge to me, you know, the challenge that I needed, whether you want to take an academic challenge, whatever it is, with my same interests. It just was what you will know, a lot of times school think that when people come together it's because of how they look. Actually actually read this in a Thomas SOULWLK, but maybe it was Shelby Steel book. People tend to marry their IQ.
Speaker 6: Which is interesting.
Speaker 23: You think, like if you see two black people together, oh, it's because they are two black people, but actually they are probably better match based on their IQ.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 23: I fell in love with my husband just because I think he is one of the most brilliant people ever. You know, I love him very much. The stuff that we talk about, I'm like, there is no other person that I.
Speaker 6: Could have married.
Speaker 23: We have three beautiful children who are growing up in an environment that I am just so happy that I was able to you know what. Every parent wants to give your children better than you had, you know, and thats all I can say.
Speaker 5: I'm just the luckiest person in the entire world. Have you ever dated black man before?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, I dated black men, which is another thing that I always find really funny because the media tries to portray me as someone who only liked white guys. Actually, if you want to be honest, I started off on a really strong Asian kick.
Speaker 6: In my life. I thought I was gonna marry an Asian man.
Speaker 23: I did my first boyfriend was Japanese, my second boyfriend was Korean.
Speaker 6: I just really loved Asian men.
Speaker 23: Was weird, yeah, con agent population is yeah, I mean there's age population everywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was, there a higher one in connect No, I think.
Speaker 6: I just pursued Asian men. I don't know. I just liked Asian guys.
Speaker 4: And as always fetishized as Asian men.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: You're a q TI performing earlier, but you know your your you got a platform too, so do you find yourself performing?
Speaker 23: I'm genuine, So there's never going to be a person that comes on to my show or a person that I've talked to that is going to be like the Candice then flipped up, you know when the cameras were on and started saying things that she didn't say to me privately.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean about a performance. Why did you do that? You and I had spoken on the phone multiple times.
Speaker 23: I know what you think. I know that you're you, you ve your conservative, So what was that?
Speaker 6: Actually? What was that?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 23: For me, I actually say what I believe, you know, I actually believe the things that I'm saying and people just find that to be incredulous. How could a black person not be a Democrat. How could she not honor Lynen Vane Johnson's dream to have you know and words voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.
Speaker 6: Because I learned my history properly after I left school.
Speaker 23: You know, because now I see that the people that I thought were my saviors are actually avowed racists, and what they really wanted to do was just to recreate the slave plantation. And when I see people like Ti, it gets me angry.
Speaker 6: It does.
Speaker 23: People should be angry. People should now be questioning full stop, especially after Didty lawsuit, like, what's really what's not who's being blackmailed? You know who maybe you know is being controlled by certain people?
Speaker 6: What do you mean? What's up? You guys have definitely covered it right, Absolutely is crazy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 23: It suggests that he was the Jeffrey Epstein of Hollywood, that there's a blackmail ringing, that people are being given drugs, they're doing things while they're drugged, and then those people are controlled. Right, Because if you're a rapper and your brand is hardcore, and I have a video of you kissing a guy and I'm like, I'll release it unless you say or do or take this position.
Speaker 6: That's a blackmail ring, right, So, oh, he wasn't.
Speaker 23: I'm just saying that the Diddy lawsuit kind of led me to ask some larger questions about okay, because I have been feeling like in my heart that something weird's going on with black media. You know, I'm like, what is this trash that we're trying to sell as good music? This is not This isn't black culture. I hate that black people even call it black culture because that's like no, vultures came in and took black culture, turned it into something else. Like I said, I've said it many times. I grew up listening to Lauren Hill. Stop trying to tell me this is black culture. Like I grew up and my grandfather's listening to the Temptations. Stop trying to sell to me this is black culture.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 4: This is why monolithic. I mean, you're like even you're you're an example of it.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not saying we're a monolith.
Speaker 23: I'm just saying that black people create magic when they want to. Okay, there's no singer that is better than a black singer. If you want to go tip for tech. Give me the best, you know, white singer versus the best black singer, Like we have unbelievable talent. Right, So, if you're going to tell me that what we are now making mainstream is the filth that I hear today, I'm gonna start asking questions about who's condoning this move.
Speaker 1: We got more with Candas Oons when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Envy Jess, Hilarry Charlemagne, the guy we're still kicking it with, Candace Owens, Charlomagne.
Speaker 24: I also believe that Hollywood was created by the CIA.
Speaker 23: Well before we say Hollywood was created by the CIA, I guess I should clarify because you know, first off, you guys do know if the Pentagon has a budget for film, there's a whole department.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 23: There you go, That's all you need to know. There's an entire department in the Pentagon. They get involved with films, and they get involved with films for the purpose of propaganda. They always have, well movies, I should have said Pentagon instead of CIA, tons of them.
Speaker 6: I should show you the listenship pull it up is wild.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Pentagon Apartment for Hollywood, tons of them have to even transformers, even transformers like you know, because they're concerned about certain narratives they get involved with, like World War films, like how are we telling a story about history?
Speaker 6: Usually it's because.
Speaker 23: We're lying about what we did or trying not to make Americans aware of the crimes against humanity that they commit overseas.
Speaker 9: You know, Peentagondas funded some films Black hawged Down, Red Down, GoldenEye.
Speaker 23: The more you know, so now you understand your experience in theaters is what your government wants you to think. They want you to think that this is how things happen, and it's usually not at all how things have actually happened.
Speaker 9: Six of the best movies made would help from the Department of Defense.
Speaker 4: This is military.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't have said CIA. I should have just said the government.
Speaker 4: But yeah, read Dawn Apollo thirteen.
Speaker 6: It's all about iron man I don't know that was on a list. What iron manna? That's her limit right there?
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 6: Now, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: What is the what is the point of it? Just control?
Speaker 6: Yeah, propaganda, it's crazy.
Speaker 23: You grow up in school and you think propaganda belongs to the East or something. Propaganda is the name of the game of our government. They again, never want you to look into the crimes that they are committing, so they constantly trying to sell themselves as.
Speaker 6: The good guys.
Speaker 23: They did the most, They rescued and saved the world. They've never done anything bad overseas. If you are living and you believe that the American government hasn't committed crimes against humanity, you just you had to wake up from the propaganda.
Speaker 1: You just got it.
Speaker 23: You got to you gotta learn real history now always taught to you in a textbook.
Speaker 6: That's all just propaganda. You know, we've done horrific things.
Speaker 8: You mentioned Kanye put you on the phone with TI and some other people. What's your relationship with Kanye? Because I know one time y'all were going to do a business with each other and yeah, just Phisladelicia.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you know, I was under so much pressure it was actually insane to say horrific things about Kanye when all that stuff started going down.
Speaker 6: Was it two years ago now?
Speaker 23: And the truth is is my relationship with Kanye began long before I ever met Kanye. I really do credit creation of like my spirit and my character with listening to his music and having the courage to step out of the bounds of what people say that you are allowed to be, Like his song power, I played that so many times when I got into politics, just realizing that I was going to take a lot of bullets. People were gonna say a lot of things about me, but really the power is within me to just not care. That is why I think that a lot of people don't understand like what Kanye means I think to the black community. And that's why the media couldn't take them down because the media didn't create Kanye.
Speaker 6: That's the truth. They didn't create them.
Speaker 23: And so I will forever defend what Kanye has meant to so many people who grew up on his music and listen to his music, like the just no knowing that you can that you have within yourself and you have the power within yourself to be something.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 23: He's obviously still creating music, still loved very much. Do I agree with everything that Kanye does. No, I don't even think Kanye A grews all the stuff that Kanye does.
Speaker 9: He performs a lot, Yeah, he performs a lot. He throws under the bus when he when he needs to, though me. Yeah, it feels like about it just feels like he's quick to distance himself from you at certain points.
Speaker 23: You know, I think that a lot of the way the like what do you mean by that?
Speaker 9: I guess I think about one moment in particular, when everybody got mad at him. It was I don't know if it was it's something you designed. It was the blexit shirts or something, and you said he designed them and he was like I didn't.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So I think that actually time has been good with that situation because I couldn't say a lot and people thought that I was like lying, like Cannis lied. First off, I never said that Kanye designed the T shirts. Ever, I said that he designed the logo. And Kanye did design the logo. He had helped us, like you know, I have photos of it. Like, but at that time, Kanye was going through a lot personally and I just didn't think.
Speaker 6: I just decided that I was just going to be the bigger person.
Speaker 23: I could have clarified it in the media, but I just lollowt everyone to call me a liar because, like I said, I'm like a fiercely loyal person, and because I knew of lot so that was going on personally with him, I just didn't want to add to the avalanche, you know, of people criticizing him. But again, I never had said that Kanye designed the T shirts, but he did help us with the logo.
Speaker 4: What is Kanda's one's definition of black excellence?
Speaker 6: That's a very good question, you know.
Speaker 23: I think black excellence would just be excellence period, because I always try to say the reason why you should we should remove ourselves from saying white excellence black excellence is because I've realized that there's been a power in people trying to segregate our minds in that way.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 23: Excellence, to me, I think is independence. I think it starts with independence of thought, like actually challenging yourself and challenging your beliefs and constantly re examining them, not thinking that you have it figured out. But I think that once we achieve higher education levels, and I'm talking about black people in mathematics, black literacy rate, jumping to what it should be, which should be one hundred percent. If if we're being honest, if you're sending somebody through the public education system, then we will start to see necessarily black people achieving more in our society. So I just personally think that we should be focusing on the black literacy rates full stop, and also creating our own companies, you know what I mean, and not having our voices controlled.
Speaker 24: We have a few questions for you, just just a few just to just to questions coming from these are black quiz questions.
Speaker 6: Question, so are we on Twitter? Where we at?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: Where did MLK deliver his famous I have a dream speech?
Speaker 6: Oh in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Yes, ding ding ding ding ding Yay.
Speaker 6: How many fights did Will Smith get into before his mom got scared?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 6: Wes Philadelphia born and ways on the playground? Is my husband? Most of my days chilling out MAXIM relaxing, all cool and all shooting some b ball outside of the school.
Speaker 23: One a couple of guys they were up to no good, started making trouble from my neighborhood.
Speaker 6: I got in one little fight. One It was just why, it was a little one.
Speaker 5: No, you can't you can't think no song like it was a I thought you would scuffle.
Speaker 6: His mom got scared. Yeah, his mom was overreacting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The following is maya Angelou's first body of work, which is the following I'll let you, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Wasn't give you.
Speaker 1: Following means you gotta give us. No.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know why the cage bird sinks.
Speaker 6: The first one. That was a tough one. Yeah, my favorite.
Speaker 23: I was just giving you my favorite, my favorite one until a rise is my favorite. My Angelo poem finished this lyric temporary layoffs, good times, easy credit ripoffs, good time scratching and surviving good Times.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's before my time?
Speaker 1: Okay, good answer, Yeah, that is.
Speaker 6: Before my time. That's a little bit right. Yeah, I know. But how were you watching that? I was?
Speaker 17: You were?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 23: I never watched it, I was, I watched. I feel like I watched every other show except except Good Times. Yeah all right, yeah, but that's Good Times would have been the eighties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was born in ninety two, but I watched it with my grandmother.
Speaker 23: I did not watch it, So I watched almost all of the other ones, but not that one. Okay, I knew it was good Times, but I didn't I didn't know the this is the easy one.
Speaker 9: Who's the first black woman to serve as the US Supreme Court justice, the first.
Speaker 23: Black woman to serve as a Supreme Court justice black woman?
Speaker 6: Is it now? Just now? It's her? She just literally just got in there, and I cannot you just give me the first letter. See, look at you is a little tricky. Her name is a little trick. Give me, give me the first letter. Wait, how do you actually say that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 6: Kentalk k she has a tricky first name. And it's just response. God is good. God is good. Amen, you're gonna say God is great. I'm gonna do show God is good all the time and all the time.
Speaker 4: God is good. That's right.
Speaker 6: Where's that from?
Speaker 1: Church? Is actually?
Speaker 6: But why do you say all the time?
Speaker 1: Back from black church? God is good all the time?
Speaker 6: Church? Everybody said it. No, I guess I didn't go to enough black churches growing up.
Speaker 4: And what's the correct amount of raisers to add to a potatoes out?
Speaker 5: Zero?
Speaker 6: Okay, absolutely zero?
Speaker 23: It's actually offensive. It was almost it was almost a racist question. That is the wildest thing I've ever seen Caribbean because you just don't put raisins in the salad.
Speaker 4: Well, it was a.
Speaker 9: Pleasure, Yes, I believe. In conversation over confrontation.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 9: I think that you know, nowadays people just be wanting to talk to people just to have a moment in Yeah, and it's like, YO, have a conversation with a person. Let a person put their ideas out there and let people decide how they feel about sitting.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Right, And the biggest thing that I want to say is like, please stop putting reasons in potato salad.
Speaker 1: That's all you got. That's that's what you want to say, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 23: Thank you guys so much for me. I really appreciate this, and I'll come back anytime.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Candice on this lady, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 4: The next feature on.
Speaker 1: The Donkey of the Day is something that could hold.
Speaker 6: For you the reason they gave me donkey other day. And I deserve that. You need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 4: I am you have the boy.
Speaker 6: Tell them.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day. It's a read. But you're so good at Charlomagne.
Speaker 4: You know what you want Charlemagne.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Solomon, who do you give a dusky other day?
Speaker 21: Soon?
Speaker 25: Man?
Speaker 24: Wow, old donkey Today for Thursday, March twenty first goes to an elementary school named Connamar Township. Cornamar Township is in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, and they recently had to apologize for an assignment bought home by a fifth grade student last week.
Speaker 9: Would you like to hear what that assignment was. Let's go to ABC seven News for the report.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 25: Conawa Township parents Kenneth and Sharon Poole tell us their daughter brought home an assignment last week instructing students to pretend to be a white master looking to buy a slave.
Speaker 13: So we got an assignment in our daughter's schoolworkfolder. Basically, it was like a colored worksheet that indicated that it was titled Auctions Winnings to the Highest Bidder, and it was an assignment wherein the fifth graders were supposed to portray slave masters and identify, you know, what qualifications they wanted in their slaves.
Speaker 26: The Pools say the assignment asked the students to draw and describe the living quarters as well as various scenarios that would occur on a plantation. They say their daughter lost points when she wrote she would treat the slaves nicely in a statement to six News, the superintendent of Conowell Township Elementary School says the assign I was intended to help students to comprehend slavery, but a different approach should have been taken. The couple says they're relieved to hear the assignment has been pulled from the class and they hope that other schools can learn from this reporting. Somerset County Bailey Wojik.
Speaker 9: Six News let the record show that the pools were white, and it warns my cold heart to see that they were disgusted about this. I mean, you know, listen, the notion that all white people are racist is asinine, But every now and then we have to be reminded that all white people aren't created equal, Okay, But that reminder goes out the window when you think to yourself, there was a fifth grade teacher out there who thought to themselves that it was okay to have an assignment where the fifth graders were supposed to portray slave masters and identify what qualifications they wanted in their slave Also, how many kids completed this assignment, how many parents sat at home with their kids and when their kids said, Mommy, daddy, what qualifications should I want in the slave? The parents helped them with it. Jesus, can you imagine, Let's not get it twisted. Though many of the enslave was skilled laborers and those skills were a vital part of the American economy. You have to think a lot of them arrived here with a wide range of traditional African crafts.
Speaker 4: So you had something that did weaving, wood carving, pottery making.
Speaker 9: You had somebody enslave that was skilled in rights cultivation, they had, you know.
Speaker 4: Media skill.
Speaker 9: But the fact that a little fifth grader potentially could be sitting around the table discussing with his parents the qualifications they are looking for in a slave in twenty twenty four, Jesus.
Speaker 4: I wish you bother us.
Speaker 9: Even more is at the pools that they contacted the teacher and principal. But they say that the school officials were initially unwilling to even remove the assignment.
Speaker 4: Are apologize.
Speaker 9: In fact, in a statement to six News, the superintendent of Connomar Township School District says the assignment was intended that helps students to comprehend slavery.
Speaker 4: What a different approach should have been taken?
Speaker 9: Yeah, how about the approach the freedom, the approach, the emancipation. They would never be an assignment in the school where someone said, hey, we wanted to help students comprehend the Holocaust, so we decided to do an assignment that taught students how.
Speaker 4: To be Nazi's.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 9: Wouldn't happen, wouldn't be tolerated, teacher, superintendent, principal, janitors, all the principal, shoppingers in the classroom would be gone if that happened. Not to mention, were in an era where these kids might grow up and be canceled for an assignment they participated in when they was ten. And these kids don't know no better, okay, in your adults clearly don't know any better.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're just simply teaching white supremacy.
Speaker 9: And why this is why the whole notion of waiting for racists to die isn't gonna work. Because I read a quote once and that quote is real. They said, white supremacy, it's not a shark, it is the water. Please give Connamar Township in Somerset, Pennsylvania the biggest he Huh. Now, Today's National co Parenting Day, it is, and you know, just just Hilaris's baby father.
Speaker 4: Room.
Speaker 24: That's right, him and just have one of the best cold parenting situations I've ever seen. But it took a while to get there.
Speaker 9: It took a while for them to get there. It took a while for them to get there. And so when we come back, they will be here. That's right to discuss how they co parents.
Speaker 8: How it started, how they got to a place where they can co parent in the best way, and.
Speaker 4: We'll ask a bunch of questions. We'll do that when we come back to don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. The Breakfast Club only got against j MV Jess Larry and Charlamage.
Speaker 23: He died.
Speaker 1: We are to Breakfast Club. We got a special guest.
Speaker 9: In the ballet because today it's National co Parenting Day, so we had to bring in a man who I feel like him and just have one of the best co parenting relationships I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Room is here here.
Speaker 8: Wow, Well just say, I want to know who gave Room some liquid this morning, And I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I didn't give it to it. I just told him where the ball was. Help yourself, Help yourself. That's fine, he said it was.
Speaker 5: You said it was apple juice, and so I was about to take a step, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, was not you one apple juice? I just ain't thank you. Was gonna pick the cup up.
Speaker 9: You and just have the best co parenting situation I've ever witnessed. How did y'all get to this point?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 24: And she thinks she my mother first and foremost, But it took time. I felt like, you take the feelings out of it, and you realize that the child is the most important part of the relationship because it's still a readship.
Speaker 1: Whether you're intimate or not.
Speaker 24: You can do magical things, magical things, And I think that me being a dad that I was and that I am still today, I wanted that. I felt like if we wasn't gonna be together, it was no need for us to beef. We've created over time. Whereas now she's my best friend. She she's my safe space. I feel like, you know, I convent to her because sometimes all the time I need it. But I feel like when I was pouring into these other women, they would use it against me. Whereas though now now that she's pregnant, I don't really call it and say certain things because I know she's going through certain things mentally now, So Jess is always in my safe space though. So it's like she's always been a person that I go to a call, give me advice, some advice I don't take, but just to hear, but just to hear her give it to you, just to know that she cared, because like, I don't really have nobody.
Speaker 4: How did y'all meet How did you meet Jess? And how did y'all start dating? Back then?
Speaker 1: What did you see it when.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, this is this is somebody want to it's crazy because we grew the smile.
Speaker 1: He's starting to smile.
Speaker 4: He goes back.
Speaker 24: No, because my mom, my mom was alive, my mom down. I was ten, My mom was alive. We went to the same church. My mom died. My father like really took me away from everybody. So now it was like fast forward with like seventeen, it's faceball and she came across my timeline and I was like, okay, so I did a dot dot dot and I put a basketball emotion.
Speaker 4: You thought she was a w No.
Speaker 1: Just shut up, Junior played with you. She bid on it too, Okay.
Speaker 24: I think I was like, I'm just coming to get my ball, coming to get with mine something like.
Speaker 4: That, and why the basketball room. I needed to know.
Speaker 1: I've seen it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Basketball.
Speaker 24: No, I seen somebody do that. Like, I don't know what I seen basketball. This is eleven years twelve years ago. So I'm like, I don't know. I just did it because I thought it was It was corny, but I thought it was you know, but it got our attention. What do you think just when you saw the basketball?
Speaker 6: I just said, what is this?
Speaker 5: I just typed that back and he said it was my ball, It's my ball and I'm coming to get I'm coming to get it or something like I'm coming.
Speaker 6: To get with mine. And I was like, okay, what's that? I remember? That was giving what it was about it?
Speaker 4: But it worked.
Speaker 1: It worked.
Speaker 8: So y'all started talking, Where was your first date? What was your first when you started first talking?
Speaker 1: What was your honest? Man, Jessica did a lot.
Speaker 24: I'm gonna say this before a lot of these young guys became Jody, I was Jody and.
Speaker 1: That first date, big date. I'm gonna say it with six flags.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, doing all right, doing it big.
Speaker 24: But before that we did a lot of other things. But after that it was we did a lot like she introduced me to a lot. Actually we both was the same age. But she helped make me become God become and the man coming to man and then yeah, then boom.
Speaker 8: I just always says that you are you were overprotective, make sure she was good.
Speaker 1: But she always said you can't fight. Oh my god, No, she never seen me fight. I never had we fought.
Speaker 6: I got that from.
Speaker 4: Of course. I'm not want to fight her.
Speaker 1: Bro Oh, it's crazy because I just got a picture from the window.
Speaker 4: You bust the.
Speaker 24: Minds one window? Would I fish?
Speaker 4: What what happened?
Speaker 1: You can't be her then if she could break a window from a fist out.
Speaker 4: When you're trying to fight, what happened?
Speaker 13: Wrong?
Speaker 9: To take a sip thinking about that happened?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 24: My step like, Jessica pull up, mindre gat together, Jaska pulls up. I had a girl in the house. So my brother like come to the top of the steps, like just at the door. I'm like, all right here I come. You don't even wait for me to come.
Speaker 1: He let her in. He let her in. Oh boy, I walked right past him and his friends with the girl. That's a good end the steps.
Speaker 6: But what did I see when I walked down the steps? Drone?
Speaker 24: You didn't see? And then she tries to fassage this story. Ashton, I had a portable rocking backs in that where I could put it in the trunk, send it to her, bring it back. Ashton was in a portable rocking joint. Me and the girl was on the on the bed. I had on basketball short she had on her uniform pants. She gonna say, she's been saying, was midle c.
Speaker 1: This is correction She's a correctional officer.
Speaker 24: So like she's sitting, she's facing me, but her legs is like you know how that go just to come down and say she keeps she gonna say, oh, we was naked.
Speaker 1: We was not naked. It had been happening. I don't get naked.
Speaker 24: And when she topps it up, Oh my gosh, she's never gonna tell the kids anyway, she banged the girl.
Speaker 1: You beat up the girl.
Speaker 24: She didn't beat up, banged, and I picked up and walked up the stairs and throw outside.
Speaker 6: You could never lift me.
Speaker 24: You never see what I'm saying. She never wants to She never wants to admit the truth.
Speaker 4: So on the field. Couldn't fight.
Speaker 6: No, I ain't know she would fight or not, but she at one time.
Speaker 5: And then she got up and then she put on her uniform and went unless went upstairs.
Speaker 1: I promise you, I wish it was and.
Speaker 5: Started fighting that that. No, my son was not in no portable nothing. He was on the floor on a blanket and the cat was looking at him like he wanted to eat him.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was.
Speaker 24: Under the carpet. So I will never lay my I wouldn't even lay on the floor arguing about this eleven because she never want to tell the truth. She was drunk out of her mind, and I'm trying to figure out who was just getting off of work. I had you didn't, Damn you did not just get off for he was fired at that time.
Speaker 5: So I got fired right after that. I was working at McDonald's. That's when I was still like.
Speaker 12: This.
Speaker 5: And if I was drinking, okay, I was drinking on the job, but I was at work. So and then I came to get my son and did.
Speaker 24: Not come get just soun because it was my weekend. So I get until Monday from day.
Speaker 1: Kid, Why would you come me now you was coming to be nosy.
Speaker 4: I didn't have to come to me.
Speaker 21: You was looking for the passing your water if you come to get she because she go home eleven years still years old.
Speaker 24: Man, that's my How did you break the wind her hand and you walked out see this car? No, I threw ass out, not that she was not that strong.
Speaker 1: You did not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I had you and it was steps jazz right.
Speaker 6: There had never ever eaten right now, could not do that the window.
Speaker 1: I was just really really because he.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't give me my son, give me my son.
Speaker 6: You called the police and try to say.
Speaker 1: Call the police, call the police. Never called the police.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I didn't call the police. Pause, listen, every very to everybody here is well, I'm from the jailous right there, right around the corner.
Speaker 1: You can walk it. So the commotion they walked to, I don't know how he came.
Speaker 5: He called the police on me and then going and then when the police came, I was I just sat in my car.
Speaker 6: I was mad.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, I can't move here to get my son. And Nicole did tell me your come on this pull off. He's not giving you the baby. He not give you the baby. I was like, all right, cool, but I was mad, so I didn't pull off police paddy wagon pulled up and got out, and you was like she right there?
Speaker 24: She was I trying to get you. How did I try to get you locked up? When I'm the same one call try to bail you out with no money?
Speaker 6: I don't know why you ever thought you could buil somebody out with no mind.
Speaker 1: I ain't sleep that night out you have a been You ever went through a woman phone? Of course? Could you eat after that? Yes?
Speaker 4: You could?
Speaker 24: Well I couldn't. I'm comparing that to you when she went to jail. I couldn't eat.
Speaker 1: I couldn't sleep, you know, and sick I got I didn't I didn't want in jail.
Speaker 4: I call the police.
Speaker 1: We got more with Rome.
Speaker 8: If you don't know who Rome is, of course that's Jess Hilarious baby daddy, and today is National co Parenting Day and we're having a conversation with Rome.
Speaker 4: So don't go anywhere. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody. It's the DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's too kicking it with Rome. That is Justic's baby daddy.
Speaker 8: Today is National co Parenting Day, and they are excellent co parents and we're having a great conversation, Charlamagne.
Speaker 9: So now when you hear this story, nice and you say to yourself, why they there on National co parent Day? Because they are like the best of friends. Now they call each other. Jess calls you her brother. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: How did y'all get there?
Speaker 4: Do you look at her like your sister? You said, Mama, I was going to.
Speaker 24: Say what she said created that like my mother, like when we are the town, I'm gonna disclose too much.
Speaker 1: But she thanks you my mother. No, I just know she likes to control, like she know how I am.
Speaker 24: Though, like me and Malone, I think part of that controlling Pau is like she cares and sometimes, especially when I'm under the influence, I done dumbash.
Speaker 1: So did you know that? You're yeah, I don't know, just assist in the back everybody like you know, everybody knows.
Speaker 24: But I hold myself accountable to that mind you Now, I ain't gonna say you I learned Fromoman sick because I done did the dumbash.
Speaker 4: Over and over again.
Speaker 24: But I think in that aspect that's when the mother of the mother with the v coming, but the brother called me brother and sister.
Speaker 1: We're like, honestly without the child, like it's dead.
Speaker 24: It seemed like a Amazon cameras off, like you can't fake this or make this up.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Rome started that room started calling me sis first, and then I started calling him bro. I you know, I'm like, yeah, we do have like a sibling dynamic in some way. You know, he's still confides in my mom. He like, my mom is our mother, Like it's not it ain't nothing crazy, it's nothing intimate. Like seriously, I always say this. People be like, yeah, right, I can literally walk past and I don't do this. But what I'm saying I can walk past this man niggad and he does. They be like girl, what Like I'm talking about seriously, like how do you.
Speaker 4: Know each other's spouses or each other's boyfriend or girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Like how do you deal with his girl? And how do you deal with with.
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 24: I never told you, Abody always tried times. It's cool, though, it's cool, get but this is and now this is the friction part. Now we got over that, but this the the friction part was my business. I'm getting her, but the friction part was her getting into minds. But she's still a woman.
Speaker 1: I'm still a man. So women tend to do that. And this is not no shame of women.
Speaker 24: I don't mean no disrespect by saying, but I think women tend to do that, especially a woman that care about you.
Speaker 8: She said, sometimes you make bad decisions and she's there as your sister to make sure you're good, regardless if it's life relationship or whatever.
Speaker 24: Correct said that with me personally, I never really like I talked to about certain things. But I never really liked my family to get into no intimate situation. Yeah, because guess what, y'all can feel a way about this person. However y'all want whether it's negative of good. If I'm gonna deal with this person, I'm gonna deal with her like the female can smash it out me yesterday.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. I might get over them. But it's like that's why I always That's how I was always able to.
Speaker 24: Distinguish the too, like when Jessica with her men, when she comes to me, like, I don't know, like I ain't never pillow talking or sneak dish or nothing, like I don't really care for like it ain't nothing that I don't if you put it in that sense. But when she comes to me with a man, I tell her ain't right. But both of y'all got to because you're gonna want to know who around your son. I never did though, yeah, I never so in the beginning stage, Yeah, don't have my summer.
Speaker 1: But I grew out of that.
Speaker 24: So now it's I trust my child mom enough to she won't bring no fast around my child, so I don't say, oh, don't have this. That's never been a problem. It has been a problem was because envy me except for my last dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dogs. Who the dog?
Speaker 1: My dog, Chris, Chris, it's my dog. I ain't gonna hold he.
Speaker 24: I think he's the I think like honestly, me and Jess man like, I think it's been times where a woman didn't like me and her situation.
Speaker 5: But guess what, bye, Yeah more so on and yeah it'll be more so on his end because it's much more of them. But the thing is, yeah, the thing is like I don't like when because I even tell him what he's doing wrong too, Like, yo, don't cheer her like that.
Speaker 6: This is how how how you going to introduce me to it.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 5: Now I done got to know where, you know, and whether she had a kid or not. Most of the time it's the ones that have the kids. But it's like, yo, you gotta do right or just be single, Like, don't keep hurting women in the process of trying to find what you're looking for. I mean, I know that's all a part of dating, but when you have kids, it's different, you know. And then he be like, oh, that's why I don't like you to be getting into it, you know, And then I don't like he He attracts a lot of toxic women too, like abusive relationships where women will put their hands on them.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what, all right? You know, but he don't. He's like, no, but I might be with of the mom. What she just black your eye? What are you talking about? You know what I'm saying, like, no, we're not doing it.
Speaker 1: But Claire, I had a black guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, well she busts her nose.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 6: Women have put their hands.
Speaker 24: On you, and that's why, and that's why she's my dog, Like I think she's the only one really honestly, the one to get the under my skin, Like it's a certain wordplace she used and I don't care what tone she used it in, but to say that, it's like I was really never told how to love.
Speaker 1: When I moved my dad, my dad move my dad and my step mom, which is my mom. Now me and my mom have a great relationship.
Speaker 24: That's my step mom, and my dad was married, but my dad was cheating, like saying, like my dad showing me.
Speaker 1: That, right, I'm thinking cool. So like when even when I started dealing with women and stuff like that, multiple women and.
Speaker 24: All that, my dad was like, yeah, so absolutely, And I'm thinking it's cool because that's how you be.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: I'm being taught like and every man in my life that I looked at as a role model to me was the same way.
Speaker 1: So it's like what you expect. But the good thing is now it's like I'm old enough now in mind you I ain't perfect.
Speaker 24: Now I'm seeing it. I'm trying to, you know, change it. But I never was taught to love properly. So and I never my trust issues up from my dad because I'm seeing what he's doing.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying when it's done to him, his reactions like damn, you were just doing this. How you gonna get mad?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 24: So it's like every relationship I've went into I had an exploration date me, I put an X ray on myself. I said, she's gonna get she gonna get get what I'm geting.
Speaker 4: I'm gone.
Speaker 24: So I never really gave a woman the commitment, not even commitment, but I've never give the woman a chance to really love me. But even with the kids, like even having kids with other ones, I haven't. And this is like I said, no distress to my children, moms. A lot of my my children came out of vulnerability, explain and explaining that. So I will meet a woman who I may feel like she's what I need, another safe place or whatever the case may be. But I'm already vulnerable from a previous relationship. I have a child, knowing I don't want to be with this woman, but I feel like I'm forced to be with it because it's a child.
Speaker 1: Mhm. And I've done that.
Speaker 4: You know multiple times you needed a therapist, not another baby, Mama.
Speaker 1: I need correct they at the time of me at the time.
Speaker 24: And vulnerability you know women, you know women, women can they be masked up, but like I never really knew how to be alone. Like I feel like I got to have somebody laying next to me because even before my mom died, my mom was sleepnked. This is a back then thing. How old were you with I was ten, but I was a mommy's boy.
Speaker 4: Did you ever? Did you ever really properly so grieving?
Speaker 1: No, I really grieved.
Speaker 24: All I did was I thought it was gonna help me by going to school for social work, because that's what she was.
Speaker 1: But I never really probably a grieve, and that's a that's a process.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 1: I do want to get, you know, back in the gym.
Speaker 24: I do want to get a therapist, but I don't want everything else around me to be intact so that I could fully commit, because if I ain't fully committed, it ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: All right, We got more with Rome.
Speaker 8: If you don't know who Rome is, of course, that's just hilarious, baby daddy. And today is National co Parenting Day and we're having a conversation with Rome. So don't go anywhere. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club is still quickly with Rome, that is Justic's baby daddy. Today is National co Parenting Day and they are excellent co parents and we're having a great conversation Charlamage.
Speaker 9: How did y'all that's the most thing, most I won't say the most important, but one of the most important things.
Speaker 4: How did y'all realize we don't have feelings for each other?
Speaker 14: No? More?
Speaker 4: Like how did that just go away? Like y'all have y'all love each other? But not that way.
Speaker 6: I got my answer, you want to go first, you can go first, show, because I'm still thinking.
Speaker 24: When I stopped caring about who she dealt with, when I wouldn't even like I wouldn't even care.
Speaker 1: Like, how did that take three years? So like when action was like three yeah, it was still like really yeah, it was like three years.
Speaker 24: But at that but honestly that three years, like I had caught a big check, so it's like, you know, I was almost half a man.
Speaker 1: So it was like the pain that I had. Whatever the case I would I would pay. I would like just bout block it out.
Speaker 4: But other than that, like you ain't trying to stun on her a little bit.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: I never no, I never no.
Speaker 24: I'm waiting for that. I never intentionally stunned on her. I never did that.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 1: I did everything she possibly could ask me to do. And she said on.
Speaker 24: One of these souls something about a B G. E. Bill And I'm addressed that I never wanted. I'm addressed that now with the be so sold, i'ma explaining her lights got cut off.
Speaker 1: I got a five hundred thousand dollars checking you listen. No, it wasn't right then and there, but it's over time, mind you, because like mind a lot of my place. She helped me.
Speaker 24: She helped me get a lot on the back end, but in a time like I helped her. Whatever the case, I didn't know she was moving with a man.
Speaker 6: I didn't move with a man.
Speaker 24: Well, she moved man in with her. Yeah, all right, okay, after he had you and the dog too, now in her business. So I don't know that he's not there, So boom, here's his So here's here's here's my logic. And I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say to her after I explain it. My logic was, all right, man is in the house, boom, be eager cut off.
Speaker 1: So she like was wrong.
Speaker 24: I'm like, well, I take my son with me. But that wasn't me talking. That was the girlfriend I had talking.
Speaker 6: Oh, you ain't tell me that.
Speaker 24: I never told you that because as a woman, you ain't trying to hear that, and I just wants as a man and you be and me, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: So I didn't want to tell you that because I have felt less of a man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but now I.
Speaker 8: Understand that if somebody else is smacking the cheeks, you listen. So the girlfriend was living, so the girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Was like, don't talk about no house ahead.
Speaker 1: So the girlfriend was like, I took a certain amount of money off the bank.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 24: She was with me, She like, why are you giving it to Jessica. I'm like because she needed? And she like I never said them here. I never said the reason. I never said the reason. Yeah, yeah, I never said the reason though. She was like, what exactly do she needs? Because I know you ain't giving her. No, she don't need a bag or nothing like that. I'm like, no, it's something else. She like, well, don't she got to living with her? And mind you, I'm drinking at the time, you're thinking the same thing.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you weren't even thinking that till she said it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't thinking that. But I'm drinking and I'm like, no, what You're right?
Speaker 4: Why you ain't a just though crazy people say I.
Speaker 1: Was a young emotional boy boy just.
Speaker 6: R's a bunch of money And with that hurt, hurt young man got a lot of money.
Speaker 24: Everybody put me over and got some money. I make myself happy, and that's how.
Speaker 4: I went broke.
Speaker 6: Everybody except me.
Speaker 1: What I was like and granted.
Speaker 24: Right now on today, I'm gonna say I truly, sincerely apologized for not taking care of you the way I should have, and I'm gonna take my glasses because for a long time.
Speaker 1: That hurt me.
Speaker 24: And it's like I never ever, ever, especially I never ever ever ever meant to do that to you. And it's like, now, that's why I even I work so hard today and just try to even just give you something.
Speaker 1: But in due time, lets you come back. I ain't you know.
Speaker 24: I hadn't made that back when broke again, made it back when broke again. But my biggest downfall, the comments denominade was alcohol and women. Them two problems never allowed me to really freach my full potential, even when I seen a couple of years ago. You've seen it twenty nineteen when I was single, when I went moved back by myself, I ran flourished. But if women holding me back, I'm so one, you dunk. I felt that that was my duty, but because I had certain people in my in my ear that I thought had the best interest in me. But when the bag ran out, they left. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not a sorry person. I apologize.
Speaker 5: Okay, I appreciate that, but listen, I was not I was talking to and he moved in months after. You think he was gonna move into a dark house. You think you think I wanted to see how I was living. No, And when you said, I asked you, like, yo, can you just get my my lights on? I'll pay you back. That's when I was scamming and doing all that shit that it got slow too. So I'm like, all right, you was like, no, I take my son. Nobody taking my kid, not even as far, Like as long as this ash instead of the dark, we was good.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. Like I still had candles, We was playing, We was doing all that.
Speaker 5: We would stay outside that until it went until it got dark, and then we were going in the house. And he ain't never asked me why the lights thing coming on?
Speaker 6: It don't matter.
Speaker 5: So as long as he was good, I was good. I just wanted to be able, you know what I'm saying, and just be like, yo, get.
Speaker 24: Should and you should have. Guess what that made you a demon? And when I say demon, I said, in the best way, that turned you up. And I got to teach my kids, especially my oldest boy might leven, ye old bro, like, I don't want you to go through something bad to learn a lesson. I don't think everybody should have to go through something bad and learn a lesson. But in your case, I feel like, yeah, that put that battery in your back. And know when that battery came in your back, you ain't it ain't treat me no way. It took still a minute for us to create that bond.
Speaker 4: But y'all have it now, and I think y'all both should give each other some grades because y'all yeah, and.
Speaker 1: I always was a hurt young man.
Speaker 4: So but I love this story as it shows the foundation and how now yeah, and how y'all treat each other. Now you know, I don't know you, but the way she talks about you on the radio, and like you said, she is a mother. She protects you, she holds you down.
Speaker 1: I just love to see it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, sometimes I'll be telling ustuff talking about room like that.
Speaker 6: He always did, like.
Speaker 4: Why you be talking about room?
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 4: She don't mean no harmby now. She don't.
Speaker 1: Like I said, man, like I wish a lot of other people would take from us. And that's why got to be on TV.
Speaker 4: That's why you're writing the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, book coming, everything, book coming, everything coming?
Speaker 9: You think the most important thing? Because I want you to say, with a lot of this, but what's the most important thing? It takes the cole parent. If y'all just leave it on that, because the national co.
Speaker 5: Parent the day yo, I started up communication, Like a lot of people be scared to hurt each other feelings, and a lot of people be afraid to have uncomfortable conversations, whether it's about kids, unhashed differences whatever. Like one day me and Rome just literally met up and just we just talked about everything that. You know, he felt like I did him wrong in certain situations. And then he felt like like I will always try because he says, I'm controlling a lot, and I do take that, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I own that idea, Like I was trying to control how he parents sometimes, like how he would raise Ash and all of that type of stuff. We just put everything on the table and just just was like, all right, you're moving forward because it's really about Ash.
Speaker 6: And that's really like when we after that, it was like no looking back.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, whatever. Cool.
Speaker 9: I'm sure it's a discussion that will continue on not even just the monkst you know, just in Rome, but it's a month anybody out there. That's right, you're dealing with corpor aking issue. But I think Rome, you know, Rome is talking to a lot of different issues that a lot of us men go.
Speaker 4: Through, you know what I mean. So I'm happy that you was vulnerable this morning. Right, that's right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: And their book is coming soon be a Black Privilege publisher. Simon Shoes, All right, well it's wrong. Yes, it's the Breakfast Club, the Morning Wake.
Speaker 1: You're like's into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a Woman's History month and We're celebrating the most influential women in history.
Speaker 4: Check out this phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Woman morning everybody.
Speaker 8: It's the ej Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club now each and every day, Jess represents a woman for Women's History Month, Charlomage, and I think it's only right that we represent our sister, Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 4: Don't try to get on her good side now, I'm.
Speaker 1: Always on her good side.
Speaker 4: What you mean, thank you?
Speaker 8: Yes, it has been a rough morning for Jess, but just to hear and you know, working with just the last couple of months, you really understand where she came from and how she really grinded. You know, stories of her working at McDonald's and living in an apartment with no lights and having candles and having to keep her her son outside until the lights went off, and continue to strive and continue to struggle but continually producing content and being a self made woman and made herself hot and to the place where she's at now and being able to do shows and comedy festivals and headline shows and sell out shows and of course be the third co host of this Breakfast Club where you actually absolutely positively took it to another level. I just want to say, we appreciate you, Jess, thank you, We love you Jess, and we ride for you.
Speaker 1: Jess.
Speaker 8: And of course you know you've had backlash and problems, but you for them, You've overcome, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Just know I love her. My love is through actions.
Speaker 6: Language was different.
Speaker 4: Shut up, and I tell Jess I love her all the time on off, probably more off air than anything. But you know, we joke with Jess up here a lot. But Jess is very strong minded. She handles her own. She comes up with amazing ideas and skits and I can't wait to see the next ten years of what Jess.
Speaker 1: Is going to do.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and I just want to check this. If you need a DJ or any of your shows, you.
Speaker 1: Know I'll be there all thank you.
Speaker 6: I will, I will think of you.
Speaker 1: But we love you, Jess. I mean we come back.
Speaker 4: We got the positive notice the Breakfast Club good morning.
Speaker 1: And that was another phenomenal woman in history.
Speaker 8: Warning everybody, it's DJ VJ Larius Charlomagne, the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club Charlamagne. You got a positive note, Yes.
Speaker 9: The positive note is simply this, man, the state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club, you
Speaker 1: Don'na finish, or y'all done.