Speaker 1: All right, we are tired of people asking how radio still exists. Okay, that's just what your friend said. Can you tell him that nobody.
Speaker 2: Listens to it? And podcast? Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: It's starting right now.
Speaker 3: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And who in this room do you think would do the best on a reality TV competition showed?
Speaker 2: What's the competition?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just anyone, any of them.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Brooks pretty competitive.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've always wanted to be on The Amazing Race.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember I hunted down Phil Cogan for years to try to convince him to put me on there.
Speaker 3: I thought it was to date him. No, I don't know. I think Brook loses her glasses on the first challenge and.
Speaker 1: That would suck her in Survivor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I only asked because a brand new reality TV competition show is about to take over the streaming world, and it's all thanks to famous YouTuber mister Beasts.
Speaker 4: What is he doing?
Speaker 3: He said, he's teaming up with Amazon to create what he says will be the biggest reality competition series in television history.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to do some extreme stuff. If it's him, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be called Beast Games, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't think it's so funny that he's mister Beast and he looks like, yeah, the farthest thing from a best.
Speaker 4: Maker.
Speaker 1: Sure, mister sloth, mister p.
Speaker 3: What do we know about Beast Games? Yeah, honestly, really nothing. But it will feature one thousand contestants who will all compete for five million dollars, which is the largest single cash payout in television and streaming history. And he's got that money even cast.
Speaker 1: A thousand contestants.
Speaker 5: That is a sa subscribers everywhere on every channel.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but like with logistics of that are ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Mister Bes also going to be the show's hosts, and he says, quote, my goal is to make the greatest show possible and prove that YouTubers and content creators can succeed on other platforms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're ready to prove that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a millionaire platform. A release date has not been announced, but chances are it's coming out sometime in the future.
Speaker 1: Fun little so so far. More details would be helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to know a little bit more, But anyway, let's move on to our own reality TV competition show, a radio competition show, the shock Collar Question of the Day with the show's version of mister B's Digital Digital Jake, Digital Jake.
Speaker 6: Like mid March seems like a random time for this, but the website mental Floss just posted a list of things turning fifty in twenty twenty four, and there are some big ones really, So, if you were born in nineteen seventy four, like Brook's younger cousin was.
Speaker 2: Younger, no defense to anybody that was, but I was not alive during that period.
Speaker 6: Well, if you were, then you're ready to put on your platform shoes and bell bottoms so you can play guess the item that turns the big five to zero in a brand new blenty of twenty. I'll give each of you a few hints on what the creation is, and you have to tell me the name.
Speaker 4: Hush.
Speaker 6: We'll start with the woman who uses fifty SPF on her toes before she sends out footpicks. That's Alexis.
Speaker 1: Keep those healthy, Alexis.
Speaker 6: This was invented in nineteen seventy four by a Hungarian guy named Erno. He originally called them magic cubes.
Speaker 7: What is it like a Rubik's cube?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not really magic unless you were to get it solve it eight ball.
Speaker 1: If it used to be a cube, shame and then they made it a.
Speaker 8: Ball instead cube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the other thing I could think is a Rubik's cube.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to go that, Jake Rubik's cube. It's correct.
Speaker 6: Alexis Jose's turn.
Speaker 3: Jose.
Speaker 6: A guy from New Jersey named Joe Woodland came up with the idea and drew it in the sand while vacationing in Florida back in nineteen seventy four. A few months later, it completely revolutionized shopping.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 3: What was shopping like back then? Where they like didn't have something, but now we have it? Was it technology? Did he draw a computer in the sand? A square specifically for shopping?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: He was like, there's an arrow from the airplane to the computer, and that's how we're gonna make it.
Speaker 4: Amazon.
Speaker 3: Amazon?
Speaker 2: Was I just clicked it's Amazon, James.
Speaker 3: Jose said Amazon.
Speaker 6: That is incorrect, Jose.
Speaker 3: He drew a barcode in the sane.
Speaker 1: Anything not a very good artist. It's just lies.
Speaker 3: Let's move over to brook.
Speaker 6: But this candy was invented in the UK in nineteen seventy four, but didn't hit shelves in the US until nineteen seventy nine. Their famous three word slogan, created by a New York ad agency, helped propel them into the stratosphere. What candy is it?
Speaker 2: Your word slogan got me because at first I was thinking Cadbury eggs.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, three words slogans.
Speaker 1: I don't know what their slogan is.
Speaker 3: Kicking mouth, give me a break?
Speaker 4: No wrong way?
Speaker 1: KitKat? You think you think KitKat?
Speaker 3: Give me a break? Break ypenated?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll go KitKat, Brooks saying KitKat.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 6: Incorrect. I was looking for skittles. We're over to Jeffrey, now, Jeffrey. This popular game came out in nineteen seventy four and was derived from miniature war games. It got so popular that has Bro bought it and distributes millions of them every year. What is it?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? A lot of board games that we talk about come out in like the thirties and the forties, So what would have come out in the sixties about war? Like literal war, then we're talking risk and stratigo. If you're talking like war of Bodies, then we're talking twister. Oh okay, we're talking like War of Oceans. It's battleship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that's a war. Yeah, it's very warry.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Is that a verb adjective war?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it is. Let's go with the most basic war game. We're gonna go risk.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey went with risk. That is incorrect, Jeffy, I was looking for Dungeons and Dragons, which turns fifty this year. So that means, Alexis, you're the winner of today's plenty of twenty fiftieth anniversary of this.
Speaker 2: Ship well versed in fifty.
Speaker 6: Year old day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the job, Alexis. So you get to choose who gets shot today, and they're gonna be singing Sweet Home Alabama by Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Brook, the theme song of my sorority. Really yeah, say Delta gam In.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, guys, awesome Blue Sweet Home dell To.
Speaker 3: We're all going to do a beer bong after that, And that's your shock collar question of the day.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Imagine you've been in a relationship for over a year and things are amazing.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: You think that they're with you because they find you so attractive, you have so much chemistry together, or like Brooke and her husband, you already had the same last name anyway, so it's super.
Speaker 1: No paperwork involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only to find out years later none of that was true. In fact, the only reason they ever wanted to go out is because of a small piece of information that they heard about you through the grape vine, and they have been keeping it a secret the entire time. I thought it was romance. One of our one of our listeners, wants to confess the real reason she dated a guy back in college and she's felt guilty about it ever since. In a brand new mass speaker. It's coming up right now. You don't hear me your confession. I can't take back Earl Arms speak. I got a text of seventy eight five nine two that says, as a nanny, I've seen many first steps and heard many first words, but I would never share that with the parents.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Wait, that is the angel's words are already Nope, you don't want to know, working mom, you don't want to know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm guessing because they were all curse words as the first really like that Brook would you be proud though, if your child's first word was some sort of heinous profanity.
Speaker 2: I'm I will say my last name being Fox was very difficult for their children. Okay, yeah both of them.
Speaker 3: People were like, you just teach them that. Yeah, why is she so proud of her kids? But hey, you know what, if you want, you can always have your baby come on our show and let them say their first swear words live on the radio, and we'll protect them by masking their little tiny baby boys. We've got a woman who's ready to say some naughty things on our show anonymously using the fake name Tara, So let's talk to her. Tara, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hey, thanks so much. It's cool to be talking to you.
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, Tara, keep it clean. Okay, I'll.
Speaker 3: Voice changer is on. You are the mass speaker. Whenever you're ready, we want to hear your confession.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 9: So this goes back to my college days. So it's going back probably ten years.
Speaker 11: I went to a.
Speaker 9: Random frat party, as you know you do when you're in college, and I was like hanging out with a bunch of friends and there was this guy there and he just like was kind of staring at me from across the room for a while.
Speaker 1: Was that a good thing? Or was that a creepy thing?
Speaker 9: He was cute enough, it wasn't creepy.
Speaker 3: This is the ugly test.
Speaker 5: If you look creepy, automatically, you're probably a little lugly.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes it's the drunk girl and you're just staring because you're worried for them. Really because I care.
Speaker 2: Because you care.
Speaker 1: That's a funny excuse.
Speaker 3: So what happened.
Speaker 9: So eventually we did talk for a while and he was like, he seemed pretty nice. You know, he was kind of cute. I hadn't seen him around before, and so I asked him, like why that was, or would Dormy was din or whatever? And he mentioned he was from a small town called Meredith, New Hampshire. I know that's a random detail to remember, but my mom's name is Meredith, so I was difficult to forget where he's from.
Speaker 1: Oh you're like, wow, there's a town named after my mom. That's still cool, all right.
Speaker 9: So he just said like he came up on weekends fairly often because a friend of his was at school.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even a student there, no.
Speaker 9: But he would come up to visit. Yeah, so he he gave me his number. He was nice enough not to ask for mine, And I have to be completely honest, I had zero intention of ever reaching out to him.
Speaker 2: She's cute enough, but he didn't even go to school.
Speaker 1: And she's drunk at a party, like she's not looking for a relations.
Speaker 3: Reject him.
Speaker 9: Well, I was just gonna not get in touch. I guess that's rejection yet, you know, go back to my life and this was just it was like sometime I think the next week, I was in a class and it was like a big lecture hall, so you don't always really know many people in the class. And randomly I heard behind me explaining that they were from a small town called Meredith, New Hampshire, And I'm.
Speaker 5: To me, like, do you know this guy that's always it's like if anyone's from Spirit, like Idaho, they.
Speaker 2: Got if anyone's from Idaho, they asked you.
Speaker 3: It is a very large place, so you asked that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh my gosh, this is so crazy, Like excuse me, but I literally met someone from there and they were like, oh, yes, to tell us too, like everyone knows everyone. So his name is Todd, and I was like, do you know him? And they said everyone knows Todd and I was like, okay, see, they're a really good thing.
Speaker 3: The mass murderer of the Meredith New Hampshire. Of course we know him. Or you mean the most lovable guy in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah's amazing. He saved a bunch of puppies last week.
Speaker 9: What did you learn exactly? So they explained that just a few months before that he won the lottery. He won four million dollars.
Speaker 2: A college kid winning four million dollars. How many years did he have the most?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was really crazy, and I think, I mean, this is where it becomes like a moment of truth about who I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, you called him?
Speaker 9: I called him that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 9: Didn't tell him lie. I actually never ever ever mentioned the lottery ever.
Speaker 2: Did he ever bring it up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: Strangely, like he just said like he had come into a little money. He just said it like that once, and I was like, I'm not gonna pry.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna pry because already know I'm not asking about your money.
Speaker 3: I just thought you were so darn cute at that party. I just couldn't stop thinking about you this entire time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you guys go on a date?
Speaker 9: We dated for a year and a half.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Okay, was it a lavish life or what happened?
Speaker 9: It wasn't too crazy. It wasn't like he was like throwing diamond neck was my way. But we went on some really amazing vacations.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 2: Did you learn to be attracted to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean we had a great year and a half relationship. But you know, when you're in your really early twenties, obviously he's.
Speaker 12: Changed a lot.
Speaker 9: I was changing a lot. It's just like it kind of we grew part or whatever, like we ended amicable.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. Do you know, like is he is he still living a rich man's life somewhere.
Speaker 9: Or I mean I'm Facebook friends with him. He doesn't really post a lot so he's not like showing off or anything like if you're gonna win some many dollars with the lottery, he's doing it the right way, takes nicecations, he's a good guy. It seems like you if that's the money or something, who knows.
Speaker 3: That was That was until she met a guy named Adam Bezos and was like, I have a really, really smart brother. She's like, oh, I should meet him sometimes anyway, thanks for telling us that text in seven eighty five nine to two. If you have a confession you've been holding on to, we can hide your voice and make you the next mass speaker. Your phone taps coming up right.
Speaker 4: After this freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We've done plenty of phone taps on people who work in office buildings where we'll call and say, hey, we're Corporate HR, and that works because a lot of the times they've never met the higher ups. Sometimes they're not even in the same city.
Speaker 1: Right you say corporate, You're like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe you. I'd say Brook is perfect at that role.
Speaker 1: That's a compliment or not, but thank you.
Speaker 3: She's just got that natural smarmy elitist better than you and you're in trouble. Guess what it's for type of come.
Speaker 2: On, it's.
Speaker 3: Because it's March madness time. She calls a guy today posing as Corporate HR to tell him I know what you're doing and you're in big trouble or is he you're gonna hear in your phone tap right now?
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi, David's yeah, this is David. Who's this Hi.
Speaker 2: David, we've never met. I'm corporate HR. My name is Winnie, Winnie Bago.
Speaker 10: Oh Hi, what's going on, David.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get right to the point with you. It's come to my attention that you're the ringleader for a company wide march madness bracket.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 10: I wouldn't use the word ring leader.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, but you're organizing it.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, all right, there it is.
Speaker 1: There's the admission that we were looking for.
Speaker 10: I don't know if I did it anything. I didn't admit anything.
Speaker 11: Yet.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, David. We already got the anonymous email about it all. The person even mentioned how much money each of you are putting in. And Sharon lives the problem.
Speaker 10: I didn't know that this would be a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm really David. You didn't know gambling was going to be frowned upon at the company.
Speaker 10: I mean, I wouldn't consider it gambling. There's no true like winner. I don't keep any of the money. No one keeps the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you take money in, but nobody gets it. Let me see.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Trying to say I'm really sorry, I don't really know, you know it's a problem. It's a problem because the amount of money your group is wagering is actually grounds for potential termination and even jail time. What that's a joke, right, I'm dead serious. I'm actually right here with the general manager of the company.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're trying to determine what we should do about this.
Speaker 10: Please don't fire me. I can't lose my job. I didn't realize this was an issue. I'm still sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, David, that was hard for me. David, are you there?
Speaker 2: David? Yes, did you hear the door close?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 1: The GM was just in my office.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 13: He was standing over my shoulder making sure I read you the Riot Act.
Speaker 10: What are you are you saying that I'm not in trouble right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: I mean not really, Like it's just a corporate bolk talk, you know, to keep the employees unhappy.
Speaker 4: Really need for me.
Speaker 2: Is some sweet action. Excuse me, bro I want in on the bracket and I think we should raise it to three hundred dollars a person.
Speaker 10: What are you are you messing with me right now?
Speaker 13: So, as I was saying, David, why do you want to end up.
Speaker 2: Reaching for the sop in the shower with the other fifteen desperate men staring at you like a piece of meat.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're asking for?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 13: I'm well, if you're smart, David, you're gonna rip up that bracket and give back everybody's money today. Do you understand me?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I will rip up the bracket right now. I'll go to my desk this second.
Speaker 2: David, It's fine, he's gone.
Speaker 10: Who's gone?
Speaker 1: What is clockwatchers all over me today?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 10: What is happening?
Speaker 1: We said, listen, we.
Speaker 13: Don't have a lot of time for t you know the other employees. We're just gonna call in sick. We need to go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: What head down there tonight.
Speaker 13: We're gonna put some parlays, hit up a couple of poker rooms, bet on some carriage races.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about? I am.
Speaker 2: I may have a little gambling problem, but.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I got it under.
Speaker 13: Control, so there's nothing to worry about. I've done this before before. I don't I could actually borrow a couple large from you.
Speaker 2: I'm a little sweet.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I lost.
Speaker 1: My shirt on the Pacers next game.
Speaker 2: No, please, no, what no, David, I'm not going to Vegas with you. I can't believe you'd even have the nerve to ask me that you clearly have a gambling problem.
Speaker 10: No, I don't you do. You're the one who said.
Speaker 13: Consider yourself suspended until further notice.
Speaker 10: I don't understand what you're even saying.
Speaker 2: You're suspended until lays this prank phone call airs, then you can go back to work.
Speaker 1: He's got a kid.
Speaker 13: Yeah, David, David is actually Brooks from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're doing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 13: Are you trying, David, David, your co worker Neill set you up.
Speaker 10: I hate stel Man.
Speaker 1: He said, you're the one that.
Speaker 2: Organizes the March Madness bracket at work and there's a bunch of money on the line.
Speaker 1: No, he wanted to screw with you, David.
Speaker 10: Really today, I need to medication.
Speaker 2: You sto in Vegas with me.
Speaker 10: I'm not going to Vegas with you, you weirdo. You're crazy.
Speaker 4: The week of every morning was tap weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: A lot of great first dates come down to one moment, one thing that happens that sets everything else in motion, whether that's seducing them with a really sexy dance move. Oh you're going in for that perfectly timed first kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Or in Brooks case, when she wandered over to her husband and muttered a joke about having STIs.
Speaker 1: No no ut.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, urinary track infection.
Speaker 13: Okay, the same thing, friend, He need some cranberry juice, you know, down whatever works.
Speaker 3: And for two of our listeners, that special moment came down to one bad yell perview. Not only did it set their love story in motion, it led them back here once again for a second date update update. And we're going to do it. Right after this second date update, we have a return caller on the phone who actually did a second date with us a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right.
Speaker 3: That either means we helped her so much she's been in a long committed relationship this whole time, yeah, or we traumatized her so badly that she's completely avoided dating until now.
Speaker 2: Probably the second Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was probably mostly Brook's fault. But her name is Amanda. Amanda, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing Amanda.
Speaker 12: I think I'm a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only thing I remember from the last time is the guy didn't want to go out with you because you wanted to put hot dogs on your salad or something like that.
Speaker 2: Salad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is totally normal. And brooks home too.
Speaker 1: I have called you Amanda in a long time. I remember you.
Speaker 3: Now that's ancient history, though. We are moving on and we're happy to have you back. Let's talk about this new guy that you met. Who's he?
Speaker 2: So he's the lead singer in a band, A little band, a famous band.
Speaker 1: Where we're at, I.
Speaker 12: Mean, they're pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think Kloger, isn't it You saw Nickelback?
Speaker 1: No, Nickelback would be calling back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're desperate for fad Where did you meet this guy?
Speaker 12: So, my best friend Jess got married about a month ago. I met him at the wedding. Well, he was working the wedding and I was part of the bridal party.
Speaker 2: So he was a singer in the wedding band.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 2: Amazing wedding bands and some not. Oh my god, I never thought about that. I would they get so much action?
Speaker 12: Am I healthy?
Speaker 14: Wane?
Speaker 12: I keep feeling like Adam Sandler movie you guys are mass with Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Literally called the Wedding Singer.
Speaker 3: Tell us about how you and and Chris like connected at the wedding. How did that even happen?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm just gonna be honest. It was a stressful day and like my friend she's she was a little bit of a bright silla.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: It was just like I'm going to try to get as much fun of was wedding as I could.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're the first bridesmaid to say that.
Speaker 12: Oh my money is going to the liquor, and yeah, we get.
Speaker 3: On board with that.
Speaker 1: You had some liquid courage going on.
Speaker 2: It sounds like I did.
Speaker 12: And like throughout the time they were playing songs and I was dancing, and I think I was dancing like a little bit too much, but I was trying not to span girl with a like extra de's thread.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so you're like giving him eyes or something.
Speaker 12: I was winking.
Speaker 11: I was thinking, there is like a middle.
Speaker 5: Ground here where you want to show him like you're impressed by his musical skills, but not overly impressed, where you look like.
Speaker 2: I just see a drunk girl winking really hard.
Speaker 1: He takes you lost a contact.
Speaker 3: Probably very few times panties get thrown on stage at a wedding. Yeah, take us, Take us to the most romantic part of you and Chris.
Speaker 12: When they had a break, I went over and I just like introduced myself. Okay, So I brought over some chicken skewers. I brought over some food to the band and I was like, hey, do you guys do something to eat?
Speaker 1: Went over a man, give him some food, free food.
Speaker 12: They were like really happy that I did that. So, like the whole reception, everything was really great. And I danced a little bit too much. I'm going to I admit to that.
Speaker 2: Always had a thing, can you dance too much of the wedding get The more people dance, the better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a forty five minute dance limit on all weddings. If you go to the limit, you have to pay.
Speaker 12: When they put Shakira on and you think you can barely dance, you dance too much?
Speaker 1: Oh when did it move to romantic with the singer?
Speaker 12: Well, I wanted to stay over and help clean up, and honestly, I just wanted more time to talk to him.
Speaker 3: So you helped tear down the wedding I was helping.
Speaker 12: Because it had to be done by a particular amount of time. Yeah, that would give me more time to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, So there's a win win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: It's like, hey, do you want to go for a drink after this? And he's like, no, I got to go home, but I wouldn't mind having a drink here.
Speaker 5: So you wanted to have a drink there with you? Yeah, at least it wasn't like a full rejection like he was, yeah, let's hang out here.
Speaker 2: So there's like a bar attached somewhere, so yeah, yeah, it was inside.
Speaker 12: So we just went back in and we were just chatting for like thirty minutes. We exchange numbers. I had a great time. But calling him and I haven't heard it back from him.
Speaker 2: Do you think you read it wrong?
Speaker 1: Like maybe he's not even single? Yeah, it's like this the girl who brought him foods, who's being nice back.
Speaker 3: How long has it been since you guys were at that wedding together?
Speaker 11: Honestly, like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a long time.
Speaker 2: Have you reached out to him?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I texted him and I called him a couple of times, but nothing, so I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're gonna call Chris for you in just a minute. Here, we'll try and get you a second date update and you can tell him I want to grow old with you. She gets the reference. It's from Wedding Singers.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the song. Oh, Amanda's just going to be you and me on our own during this money.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we can just do the movie punch Okay, yeah, we'll quote the movie.
Speaker 3: Try and get your second date update right after this. Hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 3: Thank you SMUs, you're getting it.
Speaker 2: I want to do?
Speaker 1: Is this movie even good?
Speaker 3: I'm playing this song from the movie The Wedding Singer because my co host didn't know what I was talking about when I quoted this song.
Speaker 2: Is that Adam Sandler?
Speaker 3: That is Adam Sandler Singer? But you don't remember the movie.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: The main reason I'm playing it is because one of our listeners, Amanda, met the lead singer of a wedding band The other day and was super turned on. It's hard to compete with Adam Sandler rocking a mullet, but Chris, who she met and was singing in the band the other day, was even hotter. That's why she's stuck around late after the wedding was done to help clean up, just so she could spend more time with him after that night, Though no second date has emerged. Brook thoughts theories, would you like to badger the witness your I.
Speaker 1: Mean, did you even ask him if he was single?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 1: There goes my number one theory.
Speaker 3: Well what did he say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: Good, good fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, I don't know, maybe, yeah, I'm a married man. I don't be a clue that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you were more sloppy drunk than you thought you were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but as the lead singer of a wedding band, he would know that he's seen that before and.
Speaker 1: Would give her he wants to go out with it on a date.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm coming. I'm trying to come with a positive attitude here. Brook has no interest. So let's just call him and we'll see what he asked to say. You ready, Amanda, I'm ready?
Speaker 2: You got this.
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey is this Chris?
Speaker 17: This is him?
Speaker 3: Hey Chris, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chris, you're on the show with us.
Speaker 14: Okay, the random.
Speaker 3: Sorry, don't worry about my co host. You just focus on It's just you and me. Right now. We're doing something called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners, who you met the other night at a wedding where you were performing. Do you remember Amanda. One of the things she said that she did was brought some chicken skewers out to you and your band.
Speaker 10: She was aid, Yeah, I do, I do remember her?
Speaker 2: Oh you do? Oh Okay, that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, I bet you meet so many people with what you do.
Speaker 5: It's pretty clutch getting food deliver to you. I mean, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's a wedding band happened at every gig.
Speaker 3: Really required to feed the band in the contract. Okay, but I mean food aside. We were hoping to get a sense of what you thought about Amanda. He liked her at all.
Speaker 14: Yeah, she she was just a very very like.
Speaker 3: A good dancer is that what you're gonna say.
Speaker 10: She was a lot.
Speaker 3: She was a lot, like a lot of dancing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely a lot of dancing.
Speaker 18: That's that's for sure.
Speaker 10: But I think the biggest.
Speaker 18: Thing that really really like threw me off is that she left us review on Yelp.
Speaker 2: Wait what and she didn't tell us this part was she's just trying to help you out or something. I mean, she obviously thought you were a good singer and also attractive.
Speaker 5: Hopefully that's someone on the review she's like five stars, he's so.
Speaker 3: Hot a review.
Speaker 17: Actually I actually left the three story you star three stars, and she like wrote, oh, the music was really good, but the lead singer never called me.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that is way too much information, Like it's like a dating review.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was extremely awkward and for me, like that really crosses the line, you know, like this this is my business.
Speaker 3: And could you see it as a grand romance suggestion?
Speaker 10: Three stars?
Speaker 2: I would try every social media like dming on literally every app before that, though, were you planning on calling her back before you saw that Yelp review?
Speaker 15: I mean maybe I was thinking about it, but I've been busy, so it wasn't a matter of just like, oh damn, I haven't called it, but then when I saw that review on yelp, Now, I just feel like her doing that makes me think, like, what else is she capable of in terms of a dating situation?
Speaker 3: And I guess that's true. I mean, what lengths would she go to? Would she like call up a radio show and have them call you out.
Speaker 1: Of so much more uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Because that's what's happening. And I feel like she's also on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I guess it's your chance to respond to the review.
Speaker 10: You guys are killing me here, Amanda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Amanda.
Speaker 3: You seriously left him a negative review.
Speaker 12: It's not negative. It's not like you totally suck that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I don't go to three star restaurants, you know, like three stars.
Speaker 15: That's the thing, Amanda, Like you leaving that affects my business. You know, people are looking to book a wedding band.
Speaker 3: They look at reviews like are you are you understanding that? Amanda?
Speaker 12: No, I totally get it. I'm willing to negotiate.
Speaker 3: Oh ghost.
Speaker 12: Like talking about I don't know, I mean, like, how badly do you want me to change.
Speaker 5: That review, you can take it down.
Speaker 3: You're going to hold his review ransom?
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, just like black.
Speaker 12: I don't know ransom negotiations are trying to sounds like she's smiling.
Speaker 3: What are you saying? If Chris does go out on a date with you, are you willing to take it down or change it to a five star glowing review?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: Two dates to.
Speaker 2: That sounds crazy?
Speaker 12: Okay if we if we do one day, I'll do four stars. I'll promise that. I think I promise that, actually one.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, I have to.
Speaker 15: I do admire her, her tenacity and a roundabout way of getting my attention.
Speaker 2: Are you seriously considering this business?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 12: Can I totally get points for creativity? Like give me some here?
Speaker 10: Hey, I'll give you that. That's for sure.
Speaker 3: It was Survivor.
Speaker 10: I think you should probably win.
Speaker 1: So survivor't like that?
Speaker 3: If anything, she could go with you to any of your future wedding gigs and dance a lot and hype you.
Speaker 12: Up, totally help manage just saying and negotiate.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go that far. I was just going to be danced to get the whole crowd into it, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just shocked that Chris is entertaining this idea.
Speaker 14: Hey, you know, it's a tough world out there, and I would leave.
Speaker 3: Amanda sounds over the moon. This is going We need to officially hear Chris say yes to a second date that we will pay for.
Speaker 18: Hey, it's one day, Like I think, one day, I could probably get you to to leave a five star, So I guess I would be down.
Speaker 2: She's going to marriage just to save this business.
Speaker 3: I think that's the plot to a wedding singer. So, uh well, congratulations you too. You guys got a date?
Speaker 10: Yeah, very unexpected.
Speaker 1: And Amanda, if you could leave us a review, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're called the Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: Show, broking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Guess who's bad? Amanda and Chris are here to give us an update. Chris, how's the relationship going?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 15: Actually, you know a lot has changed since going on your Guys show.
Speaker 1: Really wait, this is like the Yelp review of what happened? What does that mean?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: So after your show, Amanda and I actually ended up going back out yeah, and ended up together.
Speaker 3: Nice Okay, And.
Speaker 18: It's funny because she started coming to some of the weddings that I was performing at.
Speaker 1: Oh weird bring your girlfriend to work day.
Speaker 3: How was it going to with him?
Speaker 12: It's going really well.
Speaker 11: Like I was there to be supportive.
Speaker 2: And don't lie, to get free cake, I know it.
Speaker 12: And free cake and drank and it was funny. At one wedding, Chris started playing a love song and halfway through the song.
Speaker 11: He called me on stage and he told everybody that he's met someone special and yeah, I was really sweet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And everybody was like tearing up.
Speaker 18: They're like, oh my god.
Speaker 10: You guys, I'm crying.
Speaker 1: Because they just paid Chris a bunch of money.
Speaker 2: That's odds.
Speaker 14: Christ was actually also leaving out is that when she came up on stage and.
Speaker 10: Everybody was having a moment, she started saying with me.
Speaker 14: And uh oh, little duet actually had a pretty boy, so everybody was sort of blown away. Actually a really good boy. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Now you guys are business partners in more than that.
Speaker 14: We are no longer together as a couple, but we are still in the in the same band.
Speaker 3: You guys broke up, yeah, okay, but you still work together.
Speaker 2: But now you're in the band together. I guess that's an awesome thing that came from it.
Speaker 10: We're yeah, like we're on great terms. Everybody enjoys Amanda, and she's been doing a great job in the band.
Speaker 14: So like I think, all in all, it worked out cool a lot of time, sometimes because I say maybe that she wants to join the band the whole time.
Speaker 10: That's why, that's why she.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's Amanda's band now.
Speaker 2: And it's like when Friggy came on to the Black Eyed Peace, nobody cared about them for her.
Speaker 12: Guys, I'm pulling, no doubt. Just don't tell him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well glad it has kind of worked out for you too. It's not romantically, but professionally. Keep us updated. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: We've done a lot of travel hacks on this show, and some of them are all right. But I can't believe I've never heard of this new one. I actually tried it and I can say for sure it is awesome and I will never fly the same ever again. Us A wedding ceremony has gone viral in the UK because you won't believe who objected to the marriage during the ceremony and they caught it on video. We're gonna play you all of the audio in a brand new click shot. We're gonna do it right now. Did you all see Kate Middleton is finally out and about looking great?
Speaker 2: Or is it Kate Middleton?
Speaker 3: It's her. I can't believe the first words that she said to the press.
Speaker 1: Oh what she said?
Speaker 3: She leaned into the microphone and told all the reporters TikTok click shot. Sounds like we got another van TikTok where we cover the biggest tiktoks of the past week. Let's get right to your first TikTok click Shock, which is a travel hack that was posted by a former airline employee named Darby.
Speaker 2: I love these, give it to me and I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe I've never heard of this one before. Really, it's getting millions and millions of views. I'm sure one of you must have seen this or known about it. But I'll play you the first part just so you get an idea.
Speaker 16: The morning of your flight, you're going to text yourself your flight number, Okay, but the key is you have to include your airline code. So, for example, if I'm flying American Airlines flight six eight six. I'm going to type AA six eight six Delta is going to be d l Alaskan's as you get the point. Okay, if someone's picking you up, send it to them. If you're ubering, send it to yourself. That text will become a link to tell you everything you need to know about your flight.
Speaker 1: Oh, it like links in your phone.
Speaker 3: You understand. So I tried this on my phone. I just chose a random one. I did Delta flight Phoenix to Detroit. Just texted myself the flight number and it automatically creates a link for you on your phone. You just click the link of it, and then you do preview flight and it shows you everything to know about the flight. Like it even shows you where it's at, right a little picture of it.
Speaker 1: Does it work for any phone? Or is it only an Apple thing? Do we know?
Speaker 3: Don't tell me I can't do that. Yeah, I mean I have the phone to try it. But said, that's what comes up a full report on your flight status, and what else can it do? Let's keep listening.
Speaker 16: You're gonna go through security, click your little open your phone, click on your link, and though oh on gate D six If it changes.
Speaker 11: It'll change in that link.
Speaker 16: Over's picking you up. Can did I see your little layer plane flying across the screen? You know when you take off, you're supposed to land at eight thirty in the morning, and then mid fight, it's like there's a great tail wind or something and you end up landing at eight o six. Yeah, it'll update on that link, and whoever's picking you up can see exactly when that fight satis changes.
Speaker 12: The greatest hack.
Speaker 16: I never look at the screens.
Speaker 3: I never have to look at the screens on the airport anymore. Can you You know how many flight tracker apps I've downloaded over the years and then deleted them because they're all so janky and terrible.
Speaker 1: Why why you just use like the airline app?
Speaker 3: I downloaded those, those are bad too. Or how many times I've been wandering around the airport trying to find a screen that tells me what baggage claim my bag's gonna come out of? Oh yeah yeah. And all I had to do this whole time was just text myself the flight number.
Speaker 1: I feel like your life has changed.
Speaker 2: I sound angry, I'm.
Speaker 3: Myself and I didn't know this. I'm so happy. This was a TikTok shot. Oh, let's go to your.
Speaker 2: Next TikTok click shot.
Speaker 3: And you've probably squeezed a lot of produce at the grocery store or the farmer's market over the years.
Speaker 1: I love to squeeze them. You are talking my language.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a woman named Taylor Stanley who just posted a clip that got tens of thousands of views after she went shopping for groceries and saw something a little bit different than your average melon squeeze.
Speaker 2: I just went and grabbed some groceries.
Speaker 7: A lady walked over and she's sitting in front of me at the blueberries and strawberries, and she opened up the blueberries and started touching them. After she squeezed the blueberries, she put them back and did it until she grabbed the one she wanted and walked away.
Speaker 4: Is that no yuck? Huh?
Speaker 3: What do you guys think? Is that over the line to squeeze blueberries? You just eat one.
Speaker 2: And that one out of the blueberries. I feel like anything that's sealed, like in those little plastic things, you can't eat them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just checked the bottom from moldy.
Speaker 2: Do those berries go bad in literally three hours? You gotta check them.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to wash the fruit anyway when you bring it home.
Speaker 1: You're so small.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just is weird to squeeze something so tidy.
Speaker 3: A lot of people in the comments support the woman squeezing the blueberries. One person said, I saw a woman do this at the grocery store aldi the other day. She emptied out an entire container of strawberries and filled it with the best ones from all the other containers around it, which I can't believe. I never know to do that before.
Speaker 1: Kick kick her out. You can't do that. That's over the line.
Speaker 2: There's a boundary, Jeff, and she crossed it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I go to a produce section and just some people are just spread berries. I'm blaming you.
Speaker 3: I'll take the blame and I'll enjoy my delicious fresh strawberries while you go complain. That's a TikTok click shot. We gotta get to your final TikTok from a woman named Stacy Blankenship, whose video got over five million views almost a million likes too, because she was attending an outdoor wedding at a farm in the UK and when the efficient got to the part where she says, if anyone present objects to these two being married, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Speaker 2: I want this to happen so bad at what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That I don't think they asked that question anymore.
Speaker 3: In the UK, they do. Something unexpected happened.
Speaker 19: In order to proceed, I must ask the person here law you should declare it now none very.
Speaker 3: I love how it happened twice. That cow was not going to let that marriage. That's how you know it wasn't an accident, because the first one was funny. The second one he charged it up. Despite some very strong points brought up by Bessie, the couple still decided to go through with the marriage, just to spite that cow.
Speaker 1: The Cow's like it's only gonna last six months and called it.
Speaker 3: Those are your.
Speaker 4: Story for the day, Broking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We've got Garrett on the phone today.
Speaker 2: Why the sad Well.
Speaker 3: Garrett is a lawyer who I guess specializes in tax and employee benefits. But Garrett, I wanted to ask you a question. Theoretically, let's say someone works at a radio station where the air conditioning unit has been broken for upwards of three weeks and management isn't doing anything to fix it. Is that a situation where we could call you and do some sort of lawsuit thing to get the ball rolling company on company airwaves?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No comment, no comment, Okay, not specifically.
Speaker 2: The only suffering that's happened is that we're hot.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 10: That seems pretty.
Speaker 3: Emotional distress in your professional opinion? Is it a good idea? Had to sue the company that you work for. Let's talk.
Speaker 11: Let's talk.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need some legal counsel. We're going to do that after this experience, it's not that well, you never know. I'm not defer to Garrett, who's the expert. Meanwhile, let's send Brook out of the studio. Brooks leaving Garrett. You know the game works. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you could say past. But you have to beat Brook outright. If you want to win, are you ready? Let's do it? Best of luck. Your time starts now on this day in nineteen sixty three, what famous San Francisco Bay Prison closed its gates for good?
Speaker 10: Alcatraz?
Speaker 3: What's the name of the ferry in Peter pan think about the Nets are a professional basketball team from which borough in New York, Brooklyn. In twenty twenty three, comedian Taylor Tomlinson replaced what former talk show host on NBC or CBS, David Letterman. What California NBA team was originally located in Minnesota Lakers, which has a higher popular the country of Canada or the state of California.
Speaker 10: State of California. It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Garritt blew through those questions like a season vet. Well done, Brooks coming back into the studio. So after this phone call, what's on the books for today? Garrett?
Speaker 20: So, I'm actually heading to a basketball tournament with my son, the state state championship. So let's yeah, that goes a shoutout, Yeah, noah my son. No, let's getting an extra hundred buck team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about the team.
Speaker 20: Cares it's Newport Select Basketball.
Speaker 10: Let's go night, right, go to Newport Knight.
Speaker 3: Shout out to what position? What position?
Speaker 10: Does know?
Speaker 3: A play?
Speaker 10: Mostly small forward?
Speaker 3: But he plays them all wall ron on there, that's right, damn all right, Brooks there, turned are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm deep into the baseball season at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go. Here we go your time starts now on this day in nineteen sixty three, what famous San Francisco Bay Prison closed its gates for good? What is the name of the fa in peter.
Speaker 1: Pan tinker Bell.
Speaker 3: The Nets are a professional basketball team from which borough in New York. In twenty twenty three, comedian Taylor Tomlinson replaced what former talk show host on CBS.
Speaker 1: Seth No the English dude, it's not Seth Meyer as well say it.
Speaker 3: What California NBA team was originally located in Minnesota?
Speaker 1: The Lakers. That would make sense because Minnesota has lots of lakes. I'm going Lakers.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see you both did when we go going to the scoreboard with Jose.
Speaker 20: The computer show that these radio waves are coming from Uranus.
Speaker 3: God. Okay, we definitely heard these jokes before.
Speaker 1: I like that one was really good.
Speaker 2: You got five my god?
Speaker 13: Right, you should tell you uranus joke in your next lawyer meeting.
Speaker 3: Okay, is also a leak in the studio. Not just air conditioning is broken. They're losing it in here, Garrett playing it jat five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brook, you didn't get the same amount of questions. You were one short.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, and it mattered.
Speaker 3: You only got four James a beauty Brook. Yeah, great work. Let's go over the answers for everybody on this day in nineteen sixty three, Alcatraz is the prison that closed its gates for good. The fairy in Peter panis tinker Bell. The nets are from Brooklyn. In New York, comedian Taylor Thomlinson replaced James Cordon.
Speaker 2: On CBS Chubby English Guy.
Speaker 3: The California NBA team that was originally located in Minnesota was the La Lakers. Yes, because of all the lakes there. The higher population between the country of Canada and the state of California is California have thirty nine point twenty five million people. Canada measly thirty eight point two.
Speaker 2: Wow, and they're all in the bottom little tiny bit crazy.
Speaker 3: It's true Northern Territory. Garrett, Congratulations. Not only did you beat Brook you get one hundred dollars, but just for playing, you also win two tickets to see Lil Wayne performing. That's a coma on May seventeenth day. All right, do not miss Lil Wayne when he comes to town this spring. Make sure you get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com. Hey, what does a lawyer do with a hundred bucks?
Speaker 5: Like, do you like wipe your mouth or no comment at your job?
Speaker 3: I like it, Garrett, thanks for being on with us. Man, come back anytime. Bring a new Windbrooks Bucks again, same time tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.