Speaker 1: All right, if you're running for office or you're looking at somebody to vote for come November, I am going to explain to.
Speaker 2: You the type of people we need in Washington.
Speaker 1: And when I say need, I'm talking about people that actually care, that actually take their time to ask thoughtful questions, that actually aren't there self serving and just putting out propaganda. Now, I say this because I'm going to play for you in a moment two different things that happened the last twenty four hours, both very different issues.
Speaker 2: One dealing with global warming.
Speaker 1: Another issue dealing with a judicial nominee, both obviously important issues. Now, there are a lot of deadbeat Republicans in Washington, d C. There are actually some Republicans that have been elected that are honestly, really stupid. There are a lot of Democrats that have been elected that are extremely stupid as.
Speaker 2: Well, and I expect them to be stupid.
Speaker 1: But I do expect Republicans and Conservatives to be at a higher level than the lowest common de nominated with the Democratic Party. Now, I say this because there are certain centers that are just special. One of those that I'm going to play for you is John Kennedy. John Kennedy from Louisiana is a guy that if he's asking you questions, you'd better be paying attention before his committee. Democrats are trying to spend fifty trillion dollars, not billion, fifty trillion dollars for the United States of America to become carbon neutral. They held a hearing about this and they had expert witnesses that were called to tell Congress why we should spend fifty trillion dollars to become carbon neutral in America. One of the Democratic witnesses they brought before the committee with someone that Senator Kennedy wanted to ask some questions of. This is a quote expert witness. These aren't just random people that are there. This is one of their expert witnesses, and this witness is there to tell Senator Kennedy and the rest of America why we should spend fifty trillion dollars to become carbon neutral in just a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to what then ensued.
Speaker 3: What is what is carbon dioxide?
Speaker 4: I'm I went to high school, but that's uh. Carbon dioxide is a guess. Okay, I'm not I'm not a I'm not.
Speaker 5: A professional to talk about carbon dioxide so much.
Speaker 1: But well you, by the way, let me tell you who's talking. This is a guy whose name played in front of him, says mister gush Schumacher. Mister Gus is an American cross country skier.
Speaker 2: And an Olympian.
Speaker 1: This guy, who is an expert, just says, hey, I'm not an expert. Now that's not a good start, right. It gets a hell of a lot worse. Before I play the rest of this, I want to tell you about my friend's over at Patriot Mobile. And for ten years, Patriot Mobile has been the America's only Christian conservative wireless provider. And if you've got a cell phone right now and you're with Big Mobile, you need to switch now, because when you pay your bill, you're actually supporting the Democrats in this election coming up, Yes you are. Big Mobile gives big donations to hardcore leftist causes and organizations, as well as candidates running at the local, state, and national level. Big Mobile gives big donations to Plan Parenthood year after year after year. That is where your money is going when you pay your bill. If you're like me and you say enough is enough, switch to Patriot Mobile. I look down on my phone. I have the word Patriot in my top left corner. I know I'm making a difference. Patriot Mobile offers you dependable nationwide coverage, giving you the ability to access all three major networks out there, which means you get the same coverage you've been accustomed to without funding the Left. And when you switch to Patriot Mobile, about five percent of your bill every single month is given back to support organizations that stand for free speech, that stand for religious freedom, that stand up for the sanctity of life, as well as our Second Amendment. And then part of your bill every month will go to support our military, our veterans, our wounded warriors, and our first responder heroes. Now you're doing all this every time you use your phone, So switch to Patriot Mobile. Go to Patriotmobile dot com slash ben that's Patriot Mobile dot com slash ben or call them and switching is easy. You can keep your same cell phone number. You can keep your same phone you have in your hand right now, or upgrade to a new one if you want to nine seven to two Patriot it's nine seven to two Patriot get free activation when you use the promo code ben. That's nine seven to two Patriot or patriotmobile dot com slash Ben. All Right, I want to get back to this back and forth again.
Speaker 2: This is a expert.
Speaker 1: This is a guy who you're supposed to be Congress and the American people are supposed to be listening to. Mister Gus, an American cross country skier and Olympian. He says, well, I'm not an expert on carbon dioxide. The dim witness did say, it's a huge part of our atmosphere, is it. It's actually a very small part of our atmosphere about zero point zero three five percent.
Speaker 2: Keep listening.
Speaker 3: You want us to abolish it? Right?
Speaker 5: No, There's always going to be carbon dioxide.
Speaker 6: Right, So what is it you want us to do? Let me back up, because I want to. I mean, you're here as an expert, tell me more about what carbon dioxide is.
Speaker 4: I'm here as an expert cross country skier who sees the changes in my winters and the landscape that I live in Alaska, and so carbon dioxide is what I see it as is you know, it's a gas that exists in our atmosphere, and is.
Speaker 3: It the major part of our atmosphere?
Speaker 5: It's a huge part of our atmosphere.
Speaker 3: It's actually very small part of our atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, but yeah, I don't know what are you asking specifically?
Speaker 6: Well, you say we need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. I'd like to know first if you know what it is you want us to abolish fossil fuels.
Speaker 5: I never said that.
Speaker 3: You never have said that.
Speaker 6: No, okay, what do you think we ought to do with fossil fuels?
Speaker 5: What will we do with fossil fuels?
Speaker 3: Yeah, should we make any changes?
Speaker 4: I would like to see a decrease in the use of fossil fuels. I think there's a possibility to use more electric generation.
Speaker 6: Over over what period of time? Ten years, fifty years, one hundred years.
Speaker 4: That's not I would like to see it come as fast as possible.
Speaker 5: While continuing how fast, sorry, how fast?
Speaker 6: I don't have a you don't know for that, No, okay, you just think, well, how much will it cost for us to become carbon neutral in the United States by two thousand and fifty.
Speaker 5: I'm not a professional on that.
Speaker 3: I don't have any You don't have any idea. No, you just think we all to spend the money.
Speaker 5: I'm not an economist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's going to cost money. You were lass that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we've also talked about the trade off of what the cost of climate change as emergencies will cost in the future.
Speaker 6: Also, so right, but it's going to cost trillions of dollars come carbon neutral by twenty thy fifty.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: I do not know.
Speaker 3: You don't know. You just think we all to do it.
Speaker 5: I don't have a great answer for you.
Speaker 7: But I think if we spent if we spent those trains of dollars and became carbon neutral by twenty and fifty in the United States, which you advocate, how much will reduce world temperatures.
Speaker 5: I don't have an answer for that.
Speaker 6: You don't know, No, you just think we all to spend the money and then see what happens.
Speaker 4: I think, as an athlete, I think if we spend that money and invest in our future, hopefully those temperatures stop rising and maybe the snow at least stabilizes where it is for me. But yeah, I don't think anyone knows for sure.
Speaker 5: I don't know anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, when my colleagues invite witnesses to come to us to tell us advise us on passing legislation, always check out the background of our witnesses, because I'd like to know who I'm talking to. I checked yours out in mister Schumacher, and I want to be sure I understand it as I valuate your testimony. On June eighth, twenty twenty, you tweeted, I'm going to quote the war on drugs was intentionally created to incarcerate black people? On Moss end quote the war on drugs, you said, was intentionally created to incarcerate black people? Moss who intentionally created the war on drugs to put black people in jail?
Speaker 3: Who were you talking?
Speaker 5: I don't remember typing that.
Speaker 3: You don't know it's on your Twitter feed?
Speaker 5: Maybe a retweet. I don't know. I haven't used that in a while.
Speaker 6: Well, even if it's a retweet, it shows your support, right.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Yeah, But it's not the topic of this conversation though.
Speaker 6: Right, right, But it has to do with you're here giving us advice, and I just kind of like to know a little bit more about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I'm here as an athlete giving you my story and what I've seen in my.
Speaker 6: On August twenty seventh of twenty twenty, you tweeted this quote. I'm gonna quote police are paid with taxpayer dollars. If they are not answerable to us, we can demand new service.
Speaker 3: And that's what this is.
Speaker 6: Abolish the police in favor of that new service.
Speaker 3: End quote. You think well to bile some police, do you?
Speaker 5: Again? Not the topic I'm here to talk about today.
Speaker 3: I know, but you tweeted do you think we ought to about some police?
Speaker 5: That's not what I'm here to talk about.
Speaker 6: Should we do that before or after we get rid of fossil fuels. I'm not going to a dress that you don't want to address it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need more people that are elected office to do what Senator Kennedy just did. You're an expert. This is who the Democrats brought to Congress to give us all of this information. Giving us all this information, ask them questions. They can't answer the damn questions because they're not experts. They're activists, they're radicals, they're extremists. And by the way, they don't even know how much carbon accid is in the atmosphere, which they're saying.
Speaker 2: We just spend fifty trillion dollars to get rid of Senator Kennedy. By the way, wasn't done asking tough questions.
Speaker 1: He obviously decimated this kid, this young adult, whatever you want to call him, This olympian, right, who's telling us we had to spend fifty trillion dollars to get carbon neutral and doesn't even know how much carbon dioxide's in the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: But we'll move on from that. Right, let's move to something else. It's even a bigger deal.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Granted, spending fifty trillion dollars is a big deal, but let's talk about judicial nominees. Senator Kennedy had a lady by the name of she is a judge. Judge Nancy L. Maldonado was in front of him. She is a Biden judicial nominee, and he decided, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Ask her some questions.
Speaker 1: And the nominee struggled to define what an assault weapon was. Yet she is on the record is saying she wants to abolish all assault weapons in America. And this is a judge that you could be in front of in a court one day. Listen to how this went.
Speaker 6: You said, quote, assault weapons may be banned because they're extraordinarily dangerous and are not appropriate for legitimate self defense purposes.
Speaker 3: Close quote. Tell me what you meant by assault weapons?
Speaker 8: Thank you, Senator Kennedy. Just to clarify, Just to clarify there, I was local counsel are supreme.
Speaker 2: But you wrote the brief.
Speaker 3: Tell you what you meant by assault weapons.
Speaker 8: Senator Kenny. Actually, I did not write the brief. The brief was written by you.
Speaker 3: Signed the brief though, correct.
Speaker 2: I signed the brief.
Speaker 3: Sign a brief.
Speaker 6: You're testifying to the court that everything in it is true, right, yes, and I they're your words in terms of the court. Right.
Speaker 8: Well, you're you're correct, Senator Kennedy. I would never sign what you meant by assault weapons. So I am not a gun expert. And at the time that brief I think was about ten years given the.
Speaker 6: Court advice about say ban assault weapons. What is I'm just you told the court you weren't you were you were an expert. Just tell me what you wanted to.
Speaker 8: Ban, Senator sitting here today, as I said, I did not write that brief.
Speaker 2: I was local counters a brief.
Speaker 8: I understand at the.
Speaker 3: Time maybe what you wanted to ban, that's all I want to know.
Speaker 8: I don't remember the exact definition of assault weapons in the ordinance that was that issue.
Speaker 6: So you submitted a brief to the appellant brief, you signed it, and you don't know what and you said aboassed assault weapons, and you don't know what you wanted them to abolish.
Speaker 2: Senator.
Speaker 8: At the time that I signed the brief, I read the brief because our Supreme Court required someone an.
Speaker 2: Illinois bar member, to sign the brief.
Speaker 8: I was not responsible for researching the content.
Speaker 3: You were watched for the brief.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely, and sitting here today, I do not remember are the characteristics of of that were that were cited in the ordinance for the assault weapons ban. It's not an area of practice that I have specialized in. I'm sure ten years ago I would I could have answered your question. It's sitting here today.
Speaker 3: Promoted record.
Speaker 2: Senator, I stand by my record.
Speaker 3: I stand by my record.
Speaker 1: I stand by my record. You think you deserve to be promoted? Simple question not He's not being a jerk. He's asking a simple question someone that wants a big judicial nominee position a judge. The question let's go back to the very beginning. So tell me what you meant by assault weapons, this judge, So I'm not a gun expert, and at the time that that breathed, I thinking I was about a tent. But you've given the court advice about it, right, You're an expert in the court. You're giving the court advice and you're saying ban assault weapons. What is I'm just you told the court you're you are, you're an expert. Just tell me what you want a demand. She can't answer the question. Now, I play these two different clips from you, because my point is this, we need to elect better people to Washington. Two that are there not to grandstand and go around and wear their suits and their you know, pant suits and act like they're a big, you know, big to do people. We need people to go to Washington and when there's someone up for a major position or job within our government or a massive policy that we're about to change, for example, spending fifty trillion dollars to go carbon neutral in America, like that'll bankrupt us. It's kind of a big deal. And the Democrats bring their experts. We need somebody that's going to know how to ask them questions about what they think and what they believe in and what they're doing. I'll give you another example, not from I'm Senor Kennedy, and this deals absolutely with our national security. An Air Force general has now come out due to questioning and revealed that there is a quote alarming number of drones crossing into the US airspace at the southern border.
Speaker 2: Now, what is the definition of alarming?
Speaker 1: Is the first question when I see this headline, I'm like, all right, well, what's the definition of alarming?
Speaker 2: Like, what is really alarming? What does that look like?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: The Air Force general revealed to Congress that the number of drones crossing into the US airspace at the southern border is now more than one thousand a month.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would agree that is an alarming number.
Speaker 1: More than one thousand drones per month are crossing into the US airspace near the border with Mexico. A top general is telling us, Okay, so who's flying the thousand drones per month? And are we shooting any of them down? They're coming into our airspace right like, so are we taking them out? They then go on to say the number of unmanned drone incursions not only is alarming and presents quote a growing potential threat to national security. Is what Air Force General Gregory Glot, the commander of North American Defense Command and US Northern Command said at the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, how did we just find out about one thousand drones a month crossing into the US airspace near the border with Mexico?
Speaker 2: And who is flying those drones?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How did it get to the point where it was a thousand before you and I heard about it? You want to know the only reason why we've heard about this because of another US senator who's asking the right questions. And if there's a theme for today's show, it is this theme we need less need. We need fewer elected officials that are on TikTok and more elected off officials that are in Washington asking real questions. Senator Ted Buddy's, a new senator, a Republican from North Carolina, said, quote, the number of incursions was something.
Speaker 2: That was alarming to me as I took command last month.
Speaker 1: Last month, you think, yeah, that's what That's what this army commander said while talking to the centator, like, hey, I just got there, you just got here. Hey, the number of incursions is something that was alarming to me when I took command last month. So how long have we had a thousand drones per month crossing into the United States airspace near the border with Mexico. Is it been months, has it been six months, Has it been a year, Has it been two years?
Speaker 2: Have been three years? Have been four years? I just want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm genuinely curious, what like, how long has this been going on? And how did it take a new.
Speaker 2: Guy in the Senate to even ask the right question to get to this point?
Speaker 1: And the other question is how many other senators knew this? How many other people in our military knew this? That refuse to tell the truth or to let anybody know. How many other questions are not being asked that we should be asking to deal with our national security at the southern border, that no one is asking the question because they don't. We don't have smart enough people in Washington to actually ask these basic, simple questions, whether it's coming from Center Bud, whether it's coming from Senator Cruz, where it's coming from Senor Kennedy. The fact that you usually know the people that are going to ask the real tough questions, and the list is so short compared to that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's one hundred members of the Senate.
Speaker 1: Folks, How often am I talking about the one hundred different members not very often, and it's because the majority of them they don't give a crap about actually asking real tough questions or looking out for America's best interests.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I want you to hear Senator Button again, Freshman Senator asking the right questions, uncovering an alarming number of drones?
Speaker 2: Who are that?
Speaker 1: Are that are coming into American air space the southern border? Over a thousand a month, and none of us were told about any of this until he asked the right question in Washington.
Speaker 9: It's my understanding there's been a lot of drone incursions along our southern border.
Speaker 3: How many drone incursions have we had?
Speaker 5: And what are they doing?
Speaker 9: Senator? The number of incursions was something that was alarming to me as I as I took command last month. I don't know the actual number. I don't think anybody does, but it's it's in the thousands. I have talked to Customs and Border Protection, who are responsible for the U S incursions and in the in the border along with d O J and they put the number at thousands over what period of.
Speaker 3: Time is that thousands?
Speaker 9: I would say in the probably over a month, we could probably have over a thousand a month.
Speaker 3: General, do they, in your view represent a homeland defense threat?
Speaker 5: Senator?
Speaker 9: They alarm me from the being the person responsible for homeland defense. I haven't seen any of them manifest in a threat to the level of national defense, but I see the potential only growing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Not only did you say he sees a threat only growing, there's like fifteen follow up questions.
Speaker 2: I've got.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was last month, the month before, the month before, the month before, the month before, right, Like, what are these numbers?
Speaker 2: Can you get those for me?
Speaker 1: That's number one. Let's move on from that. I got a second question for you, Who the hell's find these drones? Is it human traffickers? It sex traffickers, is it child rapists? Is it drug dealers? Is it those bringing across fetnoh and heroin and crack cocaine and acid and and and and pills laced with feedennol? Like I want to know, I mean this sincerely, Like we might need to know some of this stuff one day. It would be important that we know who's flying these drones. Are we doing anything to stop these drones from coming across our southern border?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do we have a way to shoot them down when they when they come over into our airspace, Like I would like to volunteer.
Speaker 2: That would be a really fun spring break for me.
Speaker 1: I would love to go to the southern border and I would love to go down there and shoot drones if they're being flown by the cartels out of the sky. I think that would be a really fun uh guy's weekend trip of like who can get the most drones and and knock them down?
Speaker 2: Like that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: But in all seriousness, this is three examples, and I'm going to do a better job of when this happens highlighting it because I think we need to start expecting more, a lot more. We need to be expecting a ton more from our elected leaders. Our leaders are not doing enough, okay, Like our leaders are not doing even close to enough as they were in the past. Like our leaders should be doing a much better job of asking basic questions. We don't do enough to ask questions. We don't do enough to make the people that are making the policy answers. Like I still cannot believe that this is the first time ever we've found out from an air Force general that we've got a thousand of these drones that are incurring per month crossing into US airspace near the Mexican border. They're obviously up to no good. Are we even trying to stop them? Is there an initiative to them? He said, Look, I see the potential threat only growing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: This is what I do know, because after this came out and top near artificials know that while the number of incursions alarming, they haven't seen them manifest in a threat to the level of national defense. Okay, well, what does a drone look like if it's being used a threat to the national defense?
Speaker 2: It would have I'm assuming, like armory on it, like bombs on it.
Speaker 1: We've seen these drones have been used for attacks, for example right now between UK or Ukraine, I should say in Russia. We've seen these be used in the Middle East to attack American soldiers.
Speaker 2: So it only takes one moment for this to change.
Speaker 1: Now, what we think the majority of these drones, after asking other experts, is is this Mexican cartels are using the drones to track the locations of American authorities along the US Mexico border in order to quote more easily smuggle humans and draw uggs across the southern border, according to US.
Speaker 2: Customs and Border Protection officials.
Speaker 1: The Rio Grand Valley Sector chief told the House Oversight Committee in February of twenty twenty three, so this is last year, over a year ago, that in her Texas sector alone, more than ten thousand drone incursions and more than twenty five thousand drone sightings had been reported in the last year just in her sector. The adversaries have seventeen times the number of drones, twice the amount of flight hours, and unlimited funding to grow their operations, is what was said by the Rio Grand Valley Sector chief. So to be clear, the sector chief and again none of us have heard about this until today, told Congress that the drug cartels in absence have a seventeen x at vantage on r safety and.
Speaker 2: Security measures at the Southern border.
Speaker 1: When it comes to drones, the adversaries have seventeen times the number of drones that we the American government have, they have twice the amount of flight hours that we have, and they have an unlimited funding to grow their operations. So what she's really warning us that we again, this is a year ago, they warned us about this, but none of US heard about it because no one is asking the right questions. What we're really finding out is that the cartels have an air force, and their air force is massive. Their air force is well trained and organized. It's not human beings up in airplanes. It's drones everywhere. In January of twenty twenty three, we have found out for the first time today this is over a year ago, authorities discovered drone footage of border patrol agents allegedly shot by human smugglers during a raid that was believed to be a safe house used to hide migrants illegally crossing the US Mexico boundary.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Human smugglers use it using drones to survey the border patrol is a growing trend that we've observed along the border. Is with the San Diego sector, chief agent said in a statement, quote, this technology provides transnational criminal organization, so transnational, So this could be starting in China, veetnel coming over, then it gets to Mexico, then it's coming over again. Or it could be terrorist organizations like CAMAS or has Bob. We don't know who's flying all these drones. We know it's a lot of cartel members, but it's a transnational criminal organization with new capabilities that are eager to exploit American weaknesses. So I think it's fair to say the drug cartels and those that are bringing in the number one killer of people in this country and the number one killer. We all know what the number one killer is of people forty nine and under the number one killer of people forty nine and under in this country is FETNYL. And the people that are bringing in have an air force, okay, have an air force to bring it in that is seventeen times.
Speaker 2: The size of our US militaries.
Speaker 1: And Border Protections air force when it comes to drones and surveillance at the southern border.
Speaker 2: We found all this out today because one senator asked the right questions.
Speaker 1: We found out that the people that are the experts on global warming actually aren't experts.
Speaker 2: Because of another senator who asked the right questions, we.
Speaker 1: Found out that these experts want to spend fifty trillion dollars and don't even know what it would actually do to the environment if they got what they wanted. We found out from Senator Kennedy that there's a judicial nominee who couldn't define what an assault weapon was except she told a court that she was an expert on assault weapons and that we should ban set assault weapons. And this is someone who is actually right now, right now in America, a judge looking for a promotion to an even bigger post as a judge this November.
Speaker 2: I say this as sincerely as I can.
Speaker 1: We better start looking at candidates, not just to get a warm body or a quote conservative to DC and then we think, all right, we did our job. We need to start asking the right questions, and we need to start finding, most importantly, the right people to run for office who will go to office and will actually fight and ask the questions that I just described today. If we don't, we're going to continue to screw up this country. Make sure you share this podcast with your family and your friends. Please put it on social media wherever you are, and I'll see you back here tomorrow