Speaker 1: What does your day job have in common with that old VCR taking up space in your attic?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, well we have one of those in our attic.
Speaker 3: Will get rid of anything? Seriously, what do they.
Speaker 4: Have in common?
Speaker 1: They are both severely outdated. It's brooken Jeffrey in the Morning. Make sure to follow our podcast by the way, rate review and subscribe if you haven't. But I say that because a new poll of two thousand working Americans found over half fifty seven percent feel that a normal nine to five job no longer works for them.
Speaker 2: O creach, Yeah, preach, let's go to four days a week. Who's with me?
Speaker 1: Fifty jobs without a flexible work schedule are a completely outdated idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the problem with our job is it's really based on your job as you listening on your way to work.
Speaker 3: So if you could change that up, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: If you haven't noticed, plenty of Americans already abandoned nine to fives a while ago, started working from home, or have launched their own epsy stores or full time influencers and creators.
Speaker 5: So their life is their job now.
Speaker 1: That's right, very difficult, But that's not all people don't just want to work differently. The survey also found we want to be paid differently and more often too.
Speaker 3: Okayeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Instead of paychecks every two weeks, they prefer tinier paychecks every day every day. Maybe I want a little paycheck for each day's work that you take home with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, a life of a server that was your life.
Speaker 2: You can be broke the next morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how it felt. I don't feel like you would barely get across the next day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll feel good to have a bad day.
Speaker 5: Were you realize how little you mean?
Speaker 1: The average person who only gets paid twice a month and big paycheck says they tend to blow through it all and run out of money faster because you're like, oh my god, I got two thousand dollars, I can spend money on anything.
Speaker 4: But again then you're like.
Speaker 3: Fifteen hundred for rent, ye, fifty fill on my gas tank.
Speaker 5: It doesn't all come through.
Speaker 1: But speaking of blowing it all, come on over here digital JACB with a shock.
Speaker 5: Collar question of the day they went all over us. We are ready to receive the questions.
Speaker 6: Well, for some reason, I cannot get the number fifty out of my head.
Speaker 3: Oh we're back yesterday year.
Speaker 6: It might be because that's the exact age gap between myself and my secret lover Brooks Mom. Or it could be because yesterday Alexis successfully identified the Rubik's Cube as the toy that's celebrating its fiftieth anniversary this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's the first one.
Speaker 6: Still, Alexis was the only person who was even close on their guests, which is why today, just like fifty cent back in the year two thousand, I decided to give the rest of you a few shots he redeeming yourself, redeeming yourself.
Speaker 5: No wonder loves you so much you're.
Speaker 6: Running it back with another fiftieth anniversary edition of blenty of dwenty. Just like yesterday, I'll give each of you a short description of something that happened exactly fifty years ago, and you just have to tell me what object, person, or the invention is. Okay, Now, let's start with the woman who said sorry fifty times already this morning.
Speaker 4: That's Alexis. Sorry, Alexis.
Speaker 6: If you remember the lyrics I want chicken, I want liver, it's only because you've seen Austin Powers. But the ad jingle was created for what product?
Speaker 1: That's right that we didn't brook force you to watch that movie for your guys as an unaccredited podcast that we put on our website.
Speaker 2: No idea. She had already seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I've seen it.
Speaker 2: We don't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you've seen it. So what does he say at the end?
Speaker 3: I should watch it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: What else would be chicken and liver? If it's not food, we do you have to see the brand? Just dog food.
Speaker 4: Just any sort of statement would be great.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll say for dog food, dog foodles just looking for meo mix the cato. I want chicken, I want liver mix, meo mix, please deliver, I want to buy.
Speaker 4: Fifty years ago this year.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jose, a guy named Howard Wexler wanted to create a board game that was played vertically. Milton Bradley ran with it and started selling it in February of nineteen seventy four. Please name that game.
Speaker 3: The only vertical game that I know and I love is rat Trap.
Speaker 5: What about Jenga? Stack those vertically?
Speaker 3: Oh that's really smart? Helping him so much Jenga is Swahili?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: What's his name? Howard Wexler.
Speaker 3: Howard Waxler not very Swahilian?
Speaker 2: Is that a Swili bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like building or something like that in Swahili. No, because it's the most popular vertical game, I'm gonna go Jenga.
Speaker 4: Jose said Jenga. That is the game I was looking for. Was Connect four? I feel good when you say it. Tacto played vertical. Yes, Brooke, we're on to you.
Speaker 2: My mom already texted she wants you to know. Apparently that your forty year difference.
Speaker 6: Oh joke with me, I brook your questions here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: People might be familiar with this liquor if they've gotten a whiff of Brooks thermos in the morning. But nineteen seventy four was the first time this European based alcohol hits Dore shelves.
Speaker 4: What was it? Oh man?
Speaker 2: I mean my first People like Bailey's a lot. You know, I'm not actually a fan. I think it's too sweet.
Speaker 5: What place is that from?
Speaker 2: I think it's Irish?
Speaker 5: Isn't it Irish?
Speaker 3: And I tell you what I think it is, pepperminch No, it's so goodffe Oh yeah, when you're an alcoholic, you know, matter some Jaegermeister.
Speaker 2: God, you guys are awful. I was going Kalua, but I don't believe that that is European days.
Speaker 3: With his, though, you are right, and the k and Bailey's would be more.
Speaker 2: Event and it felt like something my parents drink a lot of.
Speaker 3: I'm torn.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick with my original of going Bailey's.
Speaker 6: Brook went with Bailey's that is Bailey's Irish cream. Throw a little in your coffee this morning once you're done driving years old this year, Jeffrey, we're on to you. This cosmetic procedure might be considered pretty common if you're walking around Rodeo Drive these days, but fifty years ago it wasn't. Back then, a father and son duo first started selling this specific type of plastic surgery, and now it's the second most popular in the United States.
Speaker 1: What wasn't okay, So it's the second most popular. Number one must be nose jobs. So number two after that's gotta be come on.
Speaker 4: Dig down into your la private school room. Got jeff this is your question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are those mom's rockets? What do you think I mean? I guess I'll just go with the obvious boob job.
Speaker 6: Jeff went with boob job that is number one most popular United States right now. Nose job is number three on the list. I was looking for liposuction. Turns fifty years old this year, Brookie, you're the winner of Edition of plenty of twenty fifty at the anniversary edition.
Speaker 1: So brook gets to choose who gets shot today and they'll be singing candy shop by fifty cents.
Speaker 2: For disappointing his entire community where he grew up.
Speaker 3: It's definitely Jeff.
Speaker 2: You should know your plastic surgeons.
Speaker 1: Trust me, there was a lot of boob jobs at my school among the children, not even among the parents.
Speaker 3: So I feel like after you're born in LA, they're just like, we're gonna do the notes job and then we'll give you the baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll take it to the candy shop. I'll let you lick the law leapp that's your shot collar question of the day. Got your phone town calling up in just a few minutes.