Speaker 1: It's the radio segment that just challenged Adam Sandler to a weird mouth noises contest. Yeah, whoever wins, the entire audience loses. Oh, audience participation not encouraged.
Speaker 2: But get your tickets now with stories.
Speaker 1: The secondary weird news stories around the globe, just like everyone else does, except we've got a laser. Those other mouth weirdos just don't This first laser stories out of Canada. Thirty four year old Nick Faturo's just spent the last year living and surfing in Costa Rica.
Speaker 3: Oh damn so jealous.
Speaker 1: And when he got home to Toronto, he opened his mail to find a shocking letter from the government saying he was dead.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. That's how you found out. Yeah, screw the light at the end of the tunnel. You actually get it.
Speaker 1: You have to open an envelope to let you know. It was a long one too. The fourteen page letter from the Ministry of Justice was hoping to collect money from his estate for an outstanding speeding ticket that he never paid. Well, that was somebody's got.
Speaker 3: To And how does a thirty four year old who just spent a year surfing in Costa Rica have an estate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does remember contesting it back in twenty twenty two, but totally forgot about it during his extended vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as one would.
Speaker 1: Yeah. More than anything, Nick is just very grateful his mother never saw the letter. Who was collecting his mail at the time. Mom, He said, that would have been a major shocker for her. Oh regardless. He's tried to call the government to let them know that he is very much alive, but can't get anybody on the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe he needs to write a letter back.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, they did respond to the news station covering the story and said while they are happy to find out Nick is alive, it doesn't erase the one thousand and ninety two dollars that he owes them for the old speeding ticket. Oh whoops, looking at that. He's dead again.
Speaker 2: Country.
Speaker 1: This next laser story is out of Ohio. A thirty seven year old dad named Adam Sizemoors facing charges after he kept calling his son's school to complain that they were giving the kid too much homework. Oh yeah, he did. He called the elementary school multiple times in just two days to say his son had so much homework that they didn't have any time to hang out with each other.
Speaker 2: That's kind of sad.
Speaker 1: It's kind of sweet though that. Yeah, he really wants quality time with his sons and he wants to play video games.
Speaker 3: Amount of time you called the school and complained you could have just gotten the homework done.
Speaker 1: And also when he told school officials this news, he was verbally abusive to the staff and used vulgar language.
Speaker 3: I just want to bleep and hang out with my bleeping kid.
Speaker 2: They say.
Speaker 1: He threatened the principal at one point and told him he better quote put his big boy pants on because he might be coming down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, threaten people. He gets the job done.
Speaker 1: The school eventually stopped picking up his calls. Okay, so Adam called his local police department instead.
Speaker 2: I hope the police arrested Adam.
Speaker 3: Sounds like that may have been the case.
Speaker 1: And he didn't just call once, but eighteen times. He kept asking to talk to the chief of police and said things like, I.
Speaker 2: Pay your salary.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, he cares about his kids.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? Yes.
Speaker 1: Eventually he spoke with the chief's assistant, who told him that he could come down to the station and talk to the chief of police. In person. Yeah, Well, Adam wasn't okay with that. He demanded the chief of police come to his.
Speaker 3: House and Baby gave him options I pay the gas in those cars.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen. Yeah, but several officers did show up at his house to arrest him.
Speaker 3: That's a homework lesson for the kid Consolation prize.
Speaker 1: He was charged with menacing and telecommunications harassment, both misdemeanors. So it begs the question is this guy total psycho or best dad ever? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want my parents to fight for me to knock.
Speaker 3: Yes, my dad went to jail for my a in math. That's right.
Speaker 1: Let's go to your next laser story out of London. Those who are lactose intolerant should probably avoid trips to Europe in the foreseeable future. And I say that because we've all heard of sushi conveyor about restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still want to my god, are you telling me they're gonna combine it?
Speaker 1: Well, in Britain they're doing the same thing, but with cheese.
Speaker 3: Yes, Could I just put my mouth at the into the conveyor belt and have everything go in?
Speaker 1: The innovative restaurant is called pick and Cheese and Their conveyor belt is almost one hundred and fifty feet long, delivering an array of cheese plates all around the restaurant, paired with complimentary condiments and snacks.
Speaker 2: So you have like the crackers waiting.
Speaker 1: I'm showing them the pictures too. It looks like really fancy dishes.
Speaker 3: They're all under glass, which you know, very different than the sushi place I go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And if that isn't enough, patrons can also enjoy a selection of charcouteries that are circling around the room.
Speaker 2: Like some honeycomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me some pershudo. You know.
Speaker 1: Maybe the best part for cheese lovers is that Pick and Cheese offers a bottomless plates experience every Wednesday for less than thirty dollars per person.
Speaker 3: I'm hopping on the cheese tray and jaff and I'm not getting off.
Speaker 1: During this hour and fifteen minute session, guests can enjoy as many plates of cheese off of the belt as they so desire.
Speaker 3: This is so good to backfire on them.
Speaker 1: Reservations are highly recommended in order to secure a spot for this cheese filled feast. Wow, and then probably make a reservation with your doctor.
Speaker 3: My god, can we put the wine on the conveyor belt too?
Speaker 2: Desert?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: How lazy are we? Patant just have a wine hose next to it?
Speaker 3: I guess just suck up.
Speaker 2: This next lazer stories.
Speaker 1: Out of the interwebs. Are you one of those responsible adults who gets back to zero unread emails each day? Or is your inbox full of them? I'm a hybrid, so I keep it out A thousand oh' that's responsible.
Speaker 3: I bet I have over thirty thousand oh my.
Speaker 1: Well, A new study found letting it stay cluttered like that might be affecting you and your mental health more than you realize.
Speaker 3: I get rid of them. I'm like subscribed to eighty different things just because I want ten percent said.
Speaker 2: Off, Yeah, unsubscribing is the hardest part Brook.
Speaker 1: They found that a cluttered inbox can leave you feeling flustered and disorganized all the time, and it could even be costing you hundreds of dollars a year in things like unnecessary late fees if you miss a bill that's stuck in there Somewhere. That said, fifty two percent of people with cluttered inboxes claim they like the way they do things and they aren't going to delete Jack.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate email. I am so over it. If you need something from me text, I think everything should be on text.
Speaker 1: Or find me in person. Oh wild, Yeah, come come to where I work and tell me face to face if it's really that important.
Speaker 3: Just the electrical company, like, excuse me, Jeffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why this guy doesn't even have an email anymore. If you want to reach him, he's kind of like Batman. He's got to throw a spotlight up into the sky with a Nike high top in there.
Speaker 3: That'd be so sweet, and he's.
Speaker 1: Going to be there before you know it. And that's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same
Speaker 2: Time on Monday, brooking Jeffrey in the morning and