Speaker 1: Listen to your shirt every single day.
Speaker 2: Yo, breakfast clue, we got Danny the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: What that ass up on a breakfast club?
Speaker 4: Baby, I can't say breakfast club without these breakfast clubs.
Speaker 5: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 2: She got platforms and partners all over the place within. Your man is so high people want to be in.
Speaker 6: Listened to a Fred Fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are. DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlemagne the God. You guys really are like the hip hop early morning in late night.
Speaker 3: Talk to guy, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yo, Hey, good.
Speaker 7: Morning usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yes, hilarios that morning, Charlamagne, God, Peace to the planet is Friday, Good Morsage.
Speaker 7: We are here another day to sir, our bless Black and Holly Favorite. Your microphone town sounds terrible? What the hell they got you broadcaster from man man? It sounds that bad.
Speaker 9: It's better now whatever you did just now sound better.
Speaker 10: But God he is They're gonna say house the rest again.
Speaker 8: And I'm actually at Hampton University my HBC, which is pretty dope because this is the first radio station that I started with WHOV, which is a college station.
Speaker 7: So yeah, they still got the first sign ever behind you last time eighty eight point one.
Speaker 8: That's right, still got the first sign. So I was down here at Hampton. They had their forty second annual conference on the Black Family. So me and my wife was talking about talking to the students about our fail now six kids and now met and us dating through college and all that stuff. So we had an opportunity to talk to the student yesterday. So I'm here at Hampton University.
Speaker 9: Did y'all do a book signing? Did y'all bring copies of Real Life Real Love?
Speaker 8: No, we did not bring copies of Real Life Real Love. But we are coming back because our new book comes out at the end of the year, Real Life Real Family, where we talk about our family and and kids at different ages and different times of our lives.
Speaker 2: So we will be back to do that shortly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Breakfast book Club, that's right.
Speaker 7: We are big on literacy up here. You're talking like your book ain't on.
Speaker 10: Like you, I only got one. I'm like eight, that's all You need.
Speaker 7: That's all you need. Okay, that's all you need. Listen drop one the clues bomb for Kendrick Lamar. Dammit, Okay, playing with Kendrick Lamar way too much. I don't like God y'all been playing with Kendrick Lamar's name. All right, my brother, go get some therapy, get some healing.
Speaker 2: Drop.
Speaker 7: What I've been telling y'all is one of the top two most important hip hop albums of all time, which is Mister Morale and the Big Steppers. I think in the future, y'all gonna realize that that in four four forty two of the most important hip hop albums of all time, if not d two most important. Man, try to go get some therapy, and y'all want to just be out here acting like he you know, don't got it no more.
Speaker 2: He had to let y'all know.
Speaker 8: We're gonna play the record before let's do some station business. Jasmine Guy will be joining us this morning. You will kick it with Jasmine Guy.
Speaker 9: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 7: When the Queen Jadamin Guy pulls up, she has a new TV one uncentried that comes out this Sunday, uh at ten pm on TV one.
Speaker 8: That's right, and also Uncle Luke and the producers of the Freaknick Documentary will be joining.
Speaker 7: Us to j Allen and Nikki bios or The Freaknick Documentary is screaming right now on Hulu. It's gonna be a fantastic Friday. Two people that absolutely positively shaped my childhood. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so a different world definitely shaped my childhood. And Uncle Luke absolutely positively that's shaped my childhood.
Speaker 9: Beast way before making the Stallion way before them.
Speaker 7: Oh, you scribing the ground please, Okay, when he said put your hands up, your back down load now hydraulic to the flow.
Speaker 3: That's why you're statement to statement.
Speaker 9: That was back in the day when people weren't afraid to dance.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 1: Your you like I know, Envy, you ain't never scraping no damn ground from New York.
Speaker 7: And you don't know how to follow directions. Uncle Luke's giving you directions. So you don't know how to follow directions. You know to the left? Yes, and you better play all that this morning. I want to hear all that this morning. All right, Well, let's get the show crack. Now, let's jump into the record into the direction. Fantastic record for Metro Booming Future feature in Future. I think it's called like that. Dang right, that's what it's called. Right, that's called like that. Kendrick Labar okay taking shots, headshots, direct head shots at Drake and j Cole. I love it. I love it. Drop on the Koch Bomb for Kendrick. The guys up next the one. All right, good morning, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm talking about. Submit to the God.
Speaker 7: Kendrick LaVar Man Gold and Dustin Healing drops the most important hip hop album of all time. Mister Morlan the Big steps and y'all got sporty and started playing with his.
Speaker 9: Name, and for good who to Gold is Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: Demits Nobody was playing with his name.
Speaker 7: They've been playing with Kendrick name. They've been playing with Kendrick name a little bit. I don't like nobody was playing with Kendrick said, I'm tired of healing. I'm gonna start traumatizing y'all back, Let's go k dot hurt people, ka people.
Speaker 9: That's right, tired of playing.
Speaker 8: With y'all, Well, maybe he should go back. If he's tired of healing and wants to hurt people back. Maybe he should go back, Maybe he needs to change their.
Speaker 9: Listen, listen. Healing is not linear.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, nobody ever said healing with linear, Right, That's why ither in therapy every week.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well let's get in some front page news Morning Test.
Speaker 1: Good morning, DJ and be Jess hilarious, Charlemane, God, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Good morning.
Speaker 8: I would know way we were jumping into, but our producers didn't send me what you were about to talk about. So I'm just gonna say, Tess, what are we talking about this morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all love throwing folks under the bus.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning.
Speaker 1: One hundred migrants attempted to enter the US illegally by rushing the border wall yesterday. I don't know if you got I saw this on the news, but they were pushing down the razor wire, knocking over guards in the process.
Speaker 11: Take a listen on the Texas Mexico border tonight, Border patrol officers arresting hundreds of migrants after if they broke through a razor wire fence in El Passo. According to Customs and Border Protection, a large group breached the barricades between the real grand and a section of border wall. Earlier this morning on social media, Texas Governor Greg Abbott said the Texas National Guard and DPS regained control of the situation and did restore that razor wire. Now, this comes after a lot of legal back and forth this week over Texas Senate Bill four. That's the law that would allow state law enforcement to arrest anyone suspected of coming into Texas illegally.
Speaker 3: As of now, that law remains on hold.
Speaker 7: Hey man, you have to let them in when they're willing to do all that, Okay, when they are willing to go through all of that to get hit. And there might be some people we need on our team treated like an obstacle tours, an obstacle course, like Mexican Ninja warrior.
Speaker 9: If they can get through all that, they get citizenship.
Speaker 2: But we got to find out who's actually coming in the country.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: There's absolutely, positively some good people that are just trying to flee from their situations. But there are also some people that we don't know right, people from other places.
Speaker 2: So we just have to know who's coming in the country.
Speaker 9: Everybody got to be better.
Speaker 1: Of course, Well, you can better believe they're they will be using this on the campaign trail. I can hear Trump talking about it now. Just some background. The National Guard, they were attempting to organize them in the smaller groups, but the situation grew tense after some women and children were separated from the adult males. As a report mentioned you can see online and go check it out, that the migrants, mostly men, were rushing the troops, you know, actually just running over them. A group of men would hood these gloves and winter jackets. They can be seen fencing away and dashing through the wire as a group of five guards formed a defense position to.
Speaker 10: Fill the gap.
Speaker 1: So they really were literally pushing the line ines today Charlie Maine. So if you put their hands up directly on the my to keep them back in response to being pushed, and as a scene of the scene became louder and more chaotic.
Speaker 9: Right, they didn't shoot them.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm shock.
Speaker 7: I'm shocked that none of them got shot. I'm shocking, no gunfire, nothing went off. But if you're willing to go through all of that to get here, it makes me, it makes me think, you know, what are you running from? You know, so I think you know people like that, you really do have to sit down and have a different type of conversation with because I don't think they overheard to cause trouble if they're willing to go through all of that to get here.
Speaker 2: All right, lot is front page news. What are we talking next hour?
Speaker 1: Tests Well, if you this is a crazy story medical breakthrough. A pig kidney for the first time was trans transplanted into a human being, So I really want to tell you about that. And then Carl Russe, so you remember the young lady that said she was kidnapped after seeing the baby on the side of the road. She had her day in court yesterday, so I'll tell you about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll get into that next. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open. It's a Friday, dammit, so call us up right now five eight five five one, and again, salute to all my HBCUs out there.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast logo.
Speaker 4: Morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 9: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: This is Derek from Jersey.
Speaker 13: How are you this morning?
Speaker 2: Hey Derek from Jersey. Get it off your chest? Brother.
Speaker 12: I just want to say good morning to the entire Breakfast Club. How you doing, brother Leonard? And just hilarious?
Speaker 13: How are you good?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 12: Good listen. I just wanted to ask a question. I'm seeing a commentary online in regards to the Breakfast Club's morality and integrity is being questioned by certain interviews that you have, for example Candice Owens and vet Ramaswami. I wanted to know what you guys think of people thinking that your morals and an integrity are in question because you conduct these type of interviews.
Speaker 7: YO, tell them, I said, suck my say Charlamagne to God said the radio bro, you're right, but tell them to God said, I don't give a damn what they talking about, because you know, I come from an era where I used to watch Oprah Winfrey, Phil Donahue, Barbara Walters. They would sit down with all types of people, and it was people that they might have agreed with, people that they might have disagreed with, but they still had the conversation. I'm about conversation over confrontation, So I.
Speaker 9: Don't I don't, I don't care.
Speaker 7: And and by the way, if you look at the Breakfast Club over the last fourteen years, I dare you to find another show radio, TV otherwise that has had the diversity of guests on that we have had.
Speaker 12: Wow, I would have to agree with you. I was I was paying attention when you guys had the Rush Limbaugh interview and then you in interviewed when I'm Aswami and I'm seeing canvae owns. Now, you guys are not afraid to take on the uh dare we say taboo interviews? But I like the fact that the Breakfast Club keeps an objective point of view in regards to who they interview, because I don't hear you interject your how you say political standings or whatever, But you're just conducting an object an objective interview. And I really appreciate that because a lot of the mainstream news medias and other radio outlets are not using the same objectivity. So I just wanted to give the Breakfast Club their propers for staying objective. You may not like who you're talking to, but in regards to what we're trying to get accomplished and get in this country moving forward. We need interviews like this and discussions like this in order to seat the movement pushing forward.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and appreciate you call brother.
Speaker 7: And the one other thing I would add, even the people that a lot of people may like, those people are controversial to a whole other sector of absolute America. Absolutely been up here, Dick Gregory been up here.
Speaker 8: You know what, Barack Obama, joke Wide and Kamala.
Speaker 9: All of those people are polarizing.
Speaker 1: And then still like even with the Canvas owns, people are still putting words in her mouth that if you can tell people didn't watch the whole interview, like they just watching clips and they just perceiving what they think, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, so I just black people like that.
Speaker 7: And if there's things that you wanted that you want to talk to Canvas about it, there's things that you want to address her about, stop being a sucker and have her on your platform and bring all of that, Bring all of that stuff that you want us to bring up that you say we didn't that's not that's not the way we wanted to have our conversation. Bring them on your platform, Bring her on your platform and you have you have that conversation.
Speaker 8: With I won't say this though, Charlamagne. You told people to ask your deed. You and threatened people with a good time because you're running the wrong person and they might actually do it out in public.
Speaker 9: That's what you got out of this whole conversation.
Speaker 3: Say, is that a good time to you?
Speaker 9: Envy this whole conversation, that's what you got.
Speaker 8: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Hit this up now.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast sets yourself up every morning.
Speaker 4: The Breakfast Club. Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: Wait up, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 3: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred and five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Frankie.
Speaker 2: Hey, frankiehere you calling from I'll call from Columbia eight O three. What's happening our game Cocks player tonight? That is what's happening.
Speaker 14: I'm comforting you next month. My daughter told me. She told me that this weekend is like, yeah, Lamaine.
Speaker 6: Having a podcast?
Speaker 14: What so I want to go say what I'm about to order the ticks.
Speaker 6: Right now that's right.
Speaker 15: Go uh.
Speaker 7: April twenty seventh, in Atlanta, Pullman Yard at the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 9: Get your tickets at Black Effect.
Speaker 7: Dot com, Flash Podcast Festival or event bright dot com.
Speaker 9: Go get them.
Speaker 6: That's what thank you.
Speaker 14: Every look, I was calling little trick this out. So I just bought a car. I don't know what my look is with car.
Speaker 13: In the last two years, I had nine cars.
Speaker 14: I done bought a car twelve days ago.
Speaker 2: I wake up this morning, it won't even start.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, maybe you should go to a dealership that offers a warranty.
Speaker 2: My last kid, well, you should have a warranty on it then.
Speaker 13: Right, yeah, yeah, No, I gotta wait from I gotta wait from it open up, and I'm gonna take you right back to them, because it's like, look, you know, I paid for what I paid for twelve days.
Speaker 14: That's not adding up call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you should get Usually get it from a dealership. They'll give you warranty if there's an issue of problem, to give you a loan until they fix it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 13: I've been on it all morning. I'm just not, like I said, just wait to wake up but hey, look, I can't wait to see y'all next month's hilarious.
Speaker 14: I'm so proud of you about to do anything. I actually once you've been on here, I started from going back watching your movies and all that stuff like that. Can't you your say, I'm very proudly congratulations on the baby.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, bag and stay away from them lemons.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll be good.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 13: DJ Envy? Just Hilary and sharl the man the dog, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Forever man, I go.
Speaker 13: Hey, listen, man, you know I'll be trying to call you know how that go? You know how gonna stop? Listen, man, I just want to say congratulations to you just on the pregnancy and receiving that third spot as well deserved. And I also just want to say, may God continue to bless your families, the whole Breakfast Club family staff up there with great health and much success. You know what I mean. But listen, it's bar time, baby, check it out, I said, listen, taking time just the outline, see what I got in place, protecting my speech through paragraph either to dyt oh G them bars fifty. They remember me taking time off the slot. They call me contemporary take cover. There's not a test a type of simulation your head. These shots, the meat exam and the transmutee, So why not. The game is gonna need of something that's threaded right. Too many water down on that yo, stringing that puppet light from sitting low, pull up slow. They claiming they next to blow. So I show them rookies the vest and how it's supposed to go on the bright lights. I'm the best.
Speaker 16: They ain't got nothing for me and knockdown shoot a big shot with visions of Rob Harvey switching up on them. The nine need's been real good to me. So for twenty four I wrecked for gg and Kobe respect for me all Rob p g.
Speaker 2: Bars got some balls, Jesse got some balls this morning.
Speaker 3: Just no, I'm.
Speaker 9: Good, you got oh you go ahead, I got something in a minute.
Speaker 2: One two one two one two one two on O g Rob.
Speaker 8: Early this morning, Charlemagne invited mad people to his d Now it's a line outside, but that ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Beat me because Virginia. That's why.
Speaker 7: Hold up, wait a minute. Like I'm meek s w V. I'll make you weak. Don't like me, you can kiss my cheeks.
Speaker 9: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Cars all right, Thank y'all.
Speaker 13: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 8: Y'all good love, brother, allright, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. When we come back, we got just with the world wide mess coming up.
Speaker 1: The story I was trying to get to yesterday is very important. The Nickelodeon documentary recap.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get into that next. Don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is d j n V, Jess hlarrys charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. Now let's get to Jess with the world I miss you.
Speaker 10: Use is real, whether it's robbing Moore just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 9: Nobody talk them world which jes worldwid.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Gloves.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that intro. Thank you, Taylor. I love that all right. So people expect for me to be funny every day. However, I want to keep speaking on this Nickelodeon documentary, but from the perspectives of some of the family members of these child actors and the documentary. Drake Bell spoke on his dad's reaction to Brian Peck being charged when he got that sixteen month sentence, and this was the guy who sexually assaulted Drake Bell.
Speaker 9: I get a phone call from Drake.
Speaker 6: I go, what's up. I haven't heard from you for a while, and.
Speaker 18: I was like, did you see they got him? I go, what do you mean, Brian they arrested him?
Speaker 2: I go, you're kidding.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 3: I knew it.
Speaker 18: And my dad just goes, I am so glad that he was not able to get his hands on you. That's very emotional and I just starting to rekindle our relationship and I just couldn't so I just said, yeah, they you know, they got him.
Speaker 2: He's like, Oh, I'm so glad.
Speaker 18: I knew he was going to do something to someone.
Speaker 7: How did it make you feel when he finally found out?
Speaker 9: I'm not I'm not the same today.
Speaker 2: The Paine's still there from the moment that I knew.
Speaker 1: And he's crying because he recalls that conversation when Drake called him and told him that Brian Peck Gott sentenced right. But the thing behind that was Drake Bell was anonymous at that time, and with him and his dad having you know, like a relationship change, they fell apart. Remember when his dad was removed from SAT and replaced with his mom. He thought that it was another kid. Whole time it was him, you know, it was him, And he just said he didn't have the courage to tell his dad because they were rekindling their relationship old time, you know. But Drake was anonymous and that's why he just chowse out to tell his dad at that time. So the last part of him crying when he actually found out.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, that was you the whole time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: That was the time of the documentary. Now, Brian Hearn was one of the young black male actors on All that. His mother was very present on set and she spoke up about things that she felt was inappropriate, like you would think any black mother would. First day film me, they set up the scene like he was selling drugs and I was like, oh, the black kid.
Speaker 3: Gets to beat the crack dealer. Why are we having a dumb jokes?
Speaker 10: It was complaining too much. I became the odd blaw.
Speaker 19: They were fitting me for the little fetus role. But you know, they have to put a bodysuit on you, and obviously it has to be skin tone. Someone said the skin tone should be charcoal.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 19: That was a moment where I felt like, oh, I could go get my mom about this, But also I know my mom, and I know that she would have rose hell.
Speaker 10: Well, I would have let my mom raise hell. But then he was very very young.
Speaker 1: His mom also complained to his agents about inappropriate things that she would see on set, but his agents told her it look be quiet, because you're going to mess up his chances on set, Like you know. Eventually, Nickelodeon did end up firing Brian before season three, and he said he believes that the network wasn't trying to get rid of him, wasn't just trying to get rid of him, but they wanted to get rid of his mom too, because she was obviously a problem from the beginning. Chris Massey is another Nickelodeon actor who was a main character on Zoe one on one.
Speaker 3: Now we know he is the oldest brother.
Speaker 1: To Kyle Massey, who was a star on That Soul Raven, But Zoe one on one was one of Dan Schneider's shows. Chris massey mother got on social media to support Dan Schneider.
Speaker 20: I posted a comment about somebody that has been nice to us, somebody that has never done anything to us. When I said that it was a parent's fault. Who allows their children to get a ride with a staff member to work, who allows their children to spend the night with staff members, That's.
Speaker 2: What I was talking about.
Speaker 3: So for when all these people.
Speaker 20: Are instagramming me and saying all these things about me, I really I'm skin and that don't bother me.
Speaker 2: I'll give what theyre talking about.
Speaker 20: I didn't watch the documentary and I have no plans on watching the documentary because I want to remember Dan Snyder as the person that he was to us. We had an exemplar rewride with Dan Snyder, and just because he's white, I'm not gonna turn.
Speaker 3: My back on him.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's because he's white.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So that thank you.
Speaker 1: That was my argument. Now, although she's not wrong about those parents like I totally do agree. Just because you feel like nothing happened to your child does not mean the predator is innocent and that he's not a predator. After that, Chris Massey, who is her son. He said, my story will be told from me, not from my parent, a friend, a coworker, me and only me, So please stop messaging me about what my mom said, respectfully. So hopefully she talked that over with her son after she made that video, because apparently they'll be coming forward with a story as well.
Speaker 9: Can you say talk that over? What you mean, like, little pop Pop, don't be talking back to me.
Speaker 1: No, we talked that over with his mom, Like you don't know what happened, obviously, just because we didn't open up or I didn't open up, or you don't something you don't know, don't mean that you could just go and take to social media speak for me, you know, because maybe he was a scared child as well at the time.
Speaker 10: So more on dance Snout Schneider.
Speaker 1: Though, after watching the documentary, is clear that Dan Snyder allowed his set to be extremely unsafe for kids. Even though he wasn't flat out accused of sexually sexually abusing any children, some of his behaviors and skits were super inappropriate. He would also have the kids giving him massages on set, but yep, and a lot of his skits resembled scenes out of porn films Ariana Grande putting her foot in her mouth and moaning, and a lot of and a lot of the scene and most of the scene female actors stroking items that resembled a penis with a substance squirting out of it, and any.
Speaker 3: Of the Pickle Boy skits we do well, I remember boy, Yep.
Speaker 10: Yep, yep, it was a pickle Absolutely that sounds.
Speaker 2: Crazy like a cousin of Bang Bros. Hickelboy.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So wait, so are the families suing? Are they suing Nickelodeon?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about that yet. That's why I'll be you know, covering this over and over time. But Drake asked people. Drake Bell asked people to keep to be easy on Josh Peck. So Josh Peck was drake co star on Drake and Josh, and Drake also recently got on social media to ask people not to go so hard on Josh Peck. Now, their relationship just went their separate ways. They were just like brothers or close friends in the show. But that doesn't mean that they you know, they were just working in business and a lot of people was like, yo, your co star has been really quiet, and so they've been in this comments like your silence is speaking louder than you saying anything. And so Josh had made a big I mean, Drake had made a video like yo, go easy on him. He has been supporting me behind closed doors.
Speaker 10: He just doesn't.
Speaker 9: Publicly.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to be publicized, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And they're like I said, their friendship fizzled out because of other problems. You know, they were just two different people. You know, they got married, one started a rock band, so that was that. But he has been quietly supporting him.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Damn man. Yeah, all right, wicked people worldwide mess. But you know it's just sad they're crazy because you never know, and.
Speaker 7: None of these industries have to be like this because the people make these industries. You hear folks say the industry is wicked. The industry is wicked. Know what's wicked as the people in this industry. These situations could be beautiful, these opportunities could beautiful, but you got to get the predators up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but like you said, there's no checks and balances, like there should be somebody that's watching over these shows to make sure that this is not happening. Not just the parents, I think producers and the people that's giving these people millions of dollars to create this.
Speaker 7: People are watching it, but they're turning a blind eye because the money making money.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I say the industry, and I don't say, you know, obviously it is the people, but in the industry, because there's more people that it could be somebody that we know, it could be somebody that we don't know. You know what I'm saying, like you don't know, well who is and who isn't in on any of this things. So I just say the industry it can be right.
Speaker 2: Well, that is just with the worldwide mess.
Speaker 8: Now when we come back, Teslin Figurreo will be joining us for some front page news and don't move us to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast club. Good morning. Everybody is dej V Jess hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. What up, tiss, who's going on DJ?
Speaker 1: And be Jess hilarious, Charlomagne God, Happy Friday, Good morning right here.
Speaker 2: But let's start off this Friday with talking pigs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking pigs.
Speaker 1: Doctors have performed the first transplant of a genetically modified kidney from a pig into a living human.
Speaker 10: Take a listen.
Speaker 21: For the first time doctors have transplanted a genetically modified pig kidney into a living person.
Speaker 6: It happened in mass General in Boston.
Speaker 22: Today the announced the medical milestone, a sixty two year old patient recovering well, actually expecting to be discharged soon. This announcement marks the latest development and what is called xeno transplantation, the term that means healing human patients with cells, tissues, or organs from animals. Doctors, of course, praise the man for his courage and taking on an experimental procedure. They say that procedure, though it could be a first step towards major changes in treating people with failing organs.
Speaker 23: An abundant supply of organs resulting from this technological advance, it may go far to finally achieve health equity and offer the best solution to kidney fayer, a well functioning kidney transplant to all patients in need.
Speaker 7: Man, if that becomes to know them, and that's gonna be a very tough decision for a Muslim to make. Okay, imagine you in the NI and you need a kidney. But the only thing that can change your life is a kidney from a pain.
Speaker 3: You are crazy.
Speaker 1: And then and then what about what about like part pig part of human identifying as a pig like this is damn non Chlaman.
Speaker 8: You don't eat folk, you don't eat bacon, So don't try to mess with the pig now.
Speaker 7: But I'm saying that's why I'm say it'd be such a tough decision for a Muslim to make Oslama bacon. Bro, You're gonna need to do something in your life on the line. You want to be it for your children. And the only thing I can say you was a pink.
Speaker 1: Now all josep aside, though, I really do think this is amazing. The doctors thought that the new kidney, that this new kidney could last for years, but they acknowledge that there are many unknowns to an animal, you know, actually using animal transplants. But the patient is very grateful. He said he saw it not only is one way to help him, but a way to provide hope for the thousands of people who need a transplant to survive.
Speaker 10: Now, they actually started to just give you a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of background, experiments taking blood and skin from animals began in the sixteen hundreds, so this has been I guess something that's been done before, but researchers really started.
Speaker 10: Looking at this in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 9: So all jump side.
Speaker 3: This is really like an amazing thing.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people who are waiting for transplants and maybe you know, this is the way to go.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think.
Speaker 1: There's some critics though that say they don't really like mixing the animals and the humans and the you know, they're not really big fans of it.
Speaker 3: What do y'all think?
Speaker 7: Clearly, those are kind of like our cousins, right, because I mean we all animals. Yeah, we were all created by the same entity and somewhat in some way, shape or form, and we kind of they smarter and much better. Some of them are much smaller and much better. And we knew we do help each other live, right, because we have to eat these animals and stay alive. It's like a circle of life. So to me, this is just another extension of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they give us some sense if they start mixing us together. That animals don't beat the don't get about color, none of that. Just like, look, come over here with us.
Speaker 7: Now, what if what if the kidney, the pig kidney start changing us that we start wanting to play in the mud, start eating any damn thing that gets big as hell?
Speaker 1: But no reason already you know, you know, y'all ain't learned nothing from that sensitivity track.
Speaker 9: I identify as the pig test. That'd be crazy.
Speaker 7: You're get in trouble saying something crazy, be like, look, I got a pig, kideny you identify the pig?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, guys in other news that sensitivity trained, clearly I didn't help it at all.
Speaker 3: I didn't help it all.
Speaker 10: I want to give y'all update on Carly Russell.
Speaker 1: As you guys know that had the whole world stopped when Alabama, a woman who confessed the line about being kidnapped has played. She did play guilty to criminal charges related to the hoax that set off the national search last summer.
Speaker 24: Take a listen, Well, this all started on July thirteenth, Carly Russell called nine one one, and she told authorities that she had seen this toddler walking along the highway near Birmingham, and then she reappeared two days later claiming that she had been kidnapped and taken in a vehicle. But very quickly it became clear that she had falsely reported this crime. Today in court she stood up and it was an emotional day. She you know, had reversed previously pled not guilty, but today acknowledging her guilt and saying that she was sorry to her community and of course to the people who spent time and resources looking for her. She's not going to spend time behind bars. The judge felt that that wasn't a good use of resources. Instead, she's going to have to pay restitution about seventeen thousand dollars and do about one hundred hours of community service while under probation.
Speaker 2: That's how they did it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it sounds fair.
Speaker 2: I think it sounds fair.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They also said she must continue receiving medical health counseling as a condition for the probation.
Speaker 10: She spoke up in court.
Speaker 1: She said she wanted to Generally, she wanted to apologize for her actions and the resulting negative impact inflicted onto others. Said I made a grave mistake while trying to fight through various emotional issues and stress. I'm extremely remorseful for the panic, fear, in various range of negative emotions that were experienced across the nation.
Speaker 10: She said.
Speaker 1: I want to acknowledge and take accountability for the pain and embarrassment that I inflicted upon my family, my church, friends, neighbors, community, and all of those who were directly involved in search efforts for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that sounds fair.
Speaker 7: Year probation eighteen thousand and restitution one hundred dollar community service and like you just said to most importantly as part of her probation, and she got to continue to receive mental health counseling, you know, because clearly she's going through something mentally and emotionally that will cause her to do this.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 6: Mad.
Speaker 1: I don't think people sometimes just do things and then when it get caught it's like, oh my god, Like all right, yeah, you know what I'm saying, because I'm telling you like I've done think I've never done anything to this extent like this buying a guy. But like when you are longing for that attention and you like yo, like you'll go to some drastic measures.
Speaker 3: But that don't mean you mentally ill. Well you need it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 1: I know to me it's a nice little clean up, but you know what I mean, I think what she got is fair, but all of mental health, it's just Shorty just did that. Sometimes sometimes you just do what you learn from and I think she did learn from it. I know they said it was about the guy, and you know, there was a lot of speculation of conversation with that. But I would really like to hear from her. I wonder if she'll ever sit down with somebody and kind of say.
Speaker 9: You know, we don't need to hear from Calli bro. I kind of want to know those Charlotte.
Speaker 1: If recent he's got a book deal, Calli Russell, shit, you know you should write our first book, you know, under your company, Calie Russell, real story, you should write that.
Speaker 9: Rewarding bad behavior like that.
Speaker 2: That's not what I just kind of want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious. I don't want to have to depend on Toby and tell the story story.
Speaker 9: We got the whole background, but.
Speaker 3: Day did and she didn't work with TV on that.
Speaker 9: She did know the Pentagon Pentagon work with Touby to do her.
Speaker 2: Movie Thank You Test, Thank You Test, Thank You.
Speaker 9: Oh you can find Test.
Speaker 7: You can go to her podcast Trade Shot, No Change of podcast on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network, and you can follow that Testling figure on all social media platforms.
Speaker 8: All right, and when we come back from Human College, Jasmine Guy will be joining us now at Jasmine Guy will be here. She has a new episode of Uncensured on TV one that is on Sunday, March twenty four.
Speaker 2: Love Jazzmine Guy, I'll come back. I love when Jamin Guy visit.
Speaker 7: You hit me the first time she came up here, she was up people coadem Hartist and she's up here by herself today, but a loving Jamin Guy pulls up.
Speaker 8: That's right, so we'll kick with her next and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 25: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guest in the building, the legendary Jasmine Guy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How you feeling.
Speaker 10: I felt great.
Speaker 1: I love doing your show the last time and I got a lot of positive feedback.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 26: It was a different kind of interviews other than the you s. My daddy was like, you were a little too comfortable. You act like they were hit your house. Champagne, right, yes, champagne whatever that was.
Speaker 10: I didn't even like it. And I was drinking that.
Speaker 26: But my father said that you would put more in when I was looking at Kadeen.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 26: He said, whenever you looked at Kadeem before, more in there. So I'm I'm thinking, I'm just drinking.
Speaker 10: One glass, probably.
Speaker 26: Swanty whatever, but I'm drinking anywhere seven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 10: Embarrassing.
Speaker 9: Is that got you to talk?
Speaker 10: You were just sitting back there just laughing.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was good because you ask questions that people don't usually ask. You know, we get the same questions over and over, especially about different world, and.
Speaker 7: You've done so much more since since. Absolutely, like right now you want your first Emmy this year? Congratulations?
Speaker 2: How did that feel?
Speaker 3: She went for the Chronicles of Jessica Wools. Yes, that was a trip.
Speaker 10: So I was going to Mexico to hang out with my girlfriends and I land and I.
Speaker 26: Get all these touts from people saying congratulations on your Emmy nomination and I really thought people would messing with me.
Speaker 10: I didn't even call them back. I said whatever, I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even And then when I realized I really had been nominated, I thought it was for the show Harlem Chronicles of Jessica Woo I had done too. It was before COVID. It was a long time ago, and I only worked on it for a day.
Speaker 26: It was a very interesting project to me because the production company was a couple, a small black production company. The superhero in the piece had autism, but her powers that whatever put her on the spectrum made her a superhero.
Speaker 10: Their daughter had an autistic child.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So I said, well, I'll do it because I know after this they're going to need distribution.
Speaker 26: And who knew that's what you know. What I'm saying, my love for them and what I know about you know, pitching ideas.
Speaker 10: You're gonna need a name.
Speaker 26: I know, I've heard it all, and I said, well, I'll be your name. This is gonna be good. And it was a short series, like a WE episode series. The other Oscar nomination I got was also from an independent black company and it was my nephew, Emmett, and I played em Mattill's aren't on the night that he was taken from their home, and I was like, oh, I do not want to go to Mississippi. And I'm telling you, we stayed right down the street from where he got abducted.
Speaker 9: The Mississippi still got that same energy.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I felt ghosts, you know, And I did it And they got nominated for an Oscar night when the director called me, he was a graduate student from NYU Film School. His mentors were Spike Lee and Casey Lemmon's right beautiful brother and the and the crew and everybody.
Speaker 26: I had a great artistic experience. But when he told me, you know, we got nominated for an Oscar, thought he was messing with me.
Speaker 9: That sounds a lot though, like about how you know.
Speaker 7: I guess Black actors and actresses are conditioned in Hollywood that when they get told that they're even nominated, they don't believe it.
Speaker 10: Well, when you ignore long enough, you got the message. I got the message.
Speaker 1: If you're not nominating a different world, Debbie Allen, Susan fails our wardrobe department, any other actor on that show. I stopped focusing on y'all giving me my props. I know who gives me my props?
Speaker 26: And I told the actors, I said, we just got to be good, you know, forget all these accolades or whatever. They obviously do you know how many times they said to me, even on I think I did Dennis Miller, remember Dennis Atlanta talk show. He started with, so, how does it feel being between number one and three?
Speaker 10: And I was because I just sat.
Speaker 26: Down, you know, you come out all cute more than and I was like, he said, that wasn't a good lead in question?
Speaker 10: I said, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 9: You're talking about Coveye and Tears.
Speaker 10: Everybody said we were number two because we came.
Speaker 3: Between them, Okay, And that was the first question.
Speaker 10: That was the message.
Speaker 26: That was the message that we got as actors as you know, performers, and we never got our props for not just the acting, but it was Debbie Allen, Susan fails me.
Speaker 10: Three black women in charge of that show, you know what I mean?
Speaker 26: We could have been on the cover of essence, and I just knew who really saw us and who really understood us.
Speaker 2: Why didn't work for that?
Speaker 10: It's the same way said.
Speaker 26: Just look, okay, So Carcy Warner Our producers also produced a show with Whoopy Goldberg called Bagdad, Cafe Grace, under Fire, and The Roseanne Show and The Costly Show. Right, so we're they never asked us to do anything. They asked rose anbar to sing the national anthem in which she grabbed her crotch because she can't sing.
Speaker 10: But we got five singers on our show.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: You could have had done me, Kree, you know. Never, I don't know. I just got things.
Speaker 26: We got things on our own, and I never felt a part of that network. Then when I saw what happened with Friends, I was like, Yo, that would have helped us. It would have helped us with work after the show. It would have given us some props, you know that we could have used for future projects. I pitched a lot. I have my own production company after a Different World.
Speaker 1: All of my projects were rejected, but then I started to see them.
Speaker 3: That was wow.
Speaker 26: You know what I mean, It's like a bad relationship. After a while, you gotta understand, Okay, I ain't what you want.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask.
Speaker 8: You know you mentioned earlier that you know, when you do these interviews people, that's the same questions about a different world? Are you tired of talking about a different world since you had I mean that was thirty years ago, But then I said seven thirty seven.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 8: But then I see you on the HBCU tours going from school to school. I see you having those conversations. Are you just done with talking about that part of your life?
Speaker 26: I'm not done with that part of my life. Because people are exploring. They're asking me the same things. What's your favorite episode? They want me to see the wedding show.
Speaker 10: That wasn't my.
Speaker 1: Favorite episode, that's your favorite episode. I love when the kids ask questions. So we go to these schools, we have a moderator. This past when we did spell them in Morehouse and Clark, we had seven of us.
Speaker 26: I love that too. Usually it's no more than four of us. And when the kids get to ask the questions, their questions are different. They're not asking those same things. I mean, really, you could do your research and know the answer already, of course, but the kids are like, when you were nineteen blah blah blah, when you first left home, what did.
Speaker 10: You think about your character?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 10: I mean intelligence? Especially them Spellman girls.
Speaker 1: First of all, they acted like we were rock stars. They were just after shame when we came out. Then one girl said, Miss Jarnell, Miss Charnell, I want to thank you for being a presence for dark skinned girls. Miss Jasmine, thank you for showing me confidence. And Miss Cree, thank you for being the odd ball.
Speaker 10: That was her. She was saying, I see you and you helped me see me.
Speaker 1: And you don't know you're doing all that when you're just playing your role, you know, But I know Debbie knew. I knew Debbie knew what she was doing when she hired Korea and Janelle. That second season was very deliberate.
Speaker 8: All right, we got more with jazzmin Guy when we come back, don't move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilariy is Charlamagne the god.
Speaker 14: We are.
Speaker 8: The Breakfast Club were still kicking it with different world's own Jasmine Guy.
Speaker 10: Good Morning.
Speaker 8: Got to ask a question, this is a personal question. When you started off dancing as a child, right, did you know what direction you wanted to go into? So I got two girls that dance, right, Oh, and then I travel all over the country dance with these these little babies, and I mean they are amazing one to one first prize overall seven year old or one thousand girls first prize.
Speaker 2: But what Yes, they get busy. They take it serious.
Speaker 8: Six days a week, four hours a day, gymnastics, flipping, backflip dancing.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's a it's a lot, but I've.
Speaker 8: Learned to love it, like really enjoy it. But you know, as a dad, I always think, like, well, what's next after dancing? Like what do you do as a dance Like when you get to high school and college, like what happens from that? Did you know what you wanted to do going into Alvin Aley?
Speaker 2: And Okay?
Speaker 26: So when I was a little kid, I just kept asking from classes like once a week Saturday turned into three, turned into five, you know. And when I saw Alvin Ailey and I saw revelations, I realized that I could do this as a job. I didn't realize that you could dance as a job other than be a dance teacher.
Speaker 1: That's all I was seeing. And I told my daddy, I said, I have my calling. I want to dance with Alvin Ailey.
Speaker 26: So from twelve to seventeen, that was the trajectory kind of on the level where you are with your girls, because I danced every day. After that, I went to perform in arts high school, I joined Atlatin Ballet, went to North Carolina School of the Arts over the summer because I knew that I was not technically proficient enough to get into the A Ley company, but I was also performing.
Speaker 10: I played at Nita in Westside Story and I was young.
Speaker 26: I was like thirteen, and I could already act and I could sing.
Speaker 10: Because you know, you gave fake dancer you could either dancer you can't. I mean a fit. It's an athletic, you know.
Speaker 7: So that's when I knew I want to talk about another training you've probably got, because you know, you carry yourself with a certain sense of legalness. Right when you look at Debbie Allen, when you look at fore Lisha Rashad, they have.
Speaker 2: That same regal energy. What did those two teach you?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh, everything. I mean, Debbie was ahead of me.
Speaker 1: Every time people told me, well, you're mostly a dancer, we don't know about you acting, or you're a comic actress, we don't know about you doing drama.
Speaker 10: In my mind, I go, Debbie, did I just let them tell me what they thought? I couldn't do. And it wasn't just that I knew I could. She's already done it. She just did it. She had two.
Speaker 26: Lines in the Fame movie when you see her next she's directing, choreographing the show she's producing.
Speaker 10: You can't let other people tell you what you can do. You don't know.
Speaker 1: And the other mantra I always had, especially like when people were certain choreographers. You know, it's not a nice world, the dance world. They're reading me or cussing me out, whatever, And I would say.
Speaker 10: You don't know, you're not God all I in my mind, So.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't cry because I was like, don't you know, don't you stand up here and let him make you cry, because he's saying, you know, you think you're something, you'll never be anything.
Speaker 10: And I was like, you don't know, you're not God.
Speaker 26: How you're gonna proclaim my destiny? So you have to be able to talk to yourself. And Debbie is the same way, Felicia is the same way. They have a sense of self. Because Debbie told me about how they rejected her at North Carolina School of the Yards because she didn't have a body for dance.
Speaker 1: But she got a booty in whatever, and she said, and I took this booty all the way to Broadway, Darling.
Speaker 26: Okay, you don't want me in your school, Well, I'm gonna go to Howard and then I'm going to be on Broadway and then and then and then.
Speaker 10: You can't let other people tell you what you are and what you're not. And I refuse that.
Speaker 1: I refuse that on just a general level, Like there were little dancers in my class that were great dancers, but a little chunky or whatever.
Speaker 10: And I heard how the teachers talked to them, destroying them. How dare you? How dare you take your responsibility and do that to her.
Speaker 26: You'll know what she's gonna be, and you're only gonna go with skinny, tall people.
Speaker 10: I just don't like that.
Speaker 26: If you don't teach kids an art form, don't add your bitter two cents to it because you didn't with your fat ass.
Speaker 9: That's not that's not politically correct. The politic correct term is big back.
Speaker 3: No, it's not just women say that discovery.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying.
Speaker 9: Term didn't he discovered.
Speaker 26: I'm no, that baby got big bag's sound.
Speaker 10: Right coming from us.
Speaker 26: That's I heard you yeah, it just comes up every now and then, and if they don't see me with a man, like I was at an Oscar party at Georgia's and I was dancing with Debbie and all the fame dancers were there, like, you know, she keeps all her people.
Speaker 10: They got me, you know, photo of the week, me and Debbie and they're talking about me and the hair salon. I knew it.
Speaker 1: I think they together, and Norm calls me he loved it. I said, well, i'm single.
Speaker 10: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, that's some fun I said, funny for you because you're like, yeah.
Speaker 10: I'm with Debbie and she's with Jasmine. Then it came up when I was at a least. I don't know what it is. I don't care, but I don't want to have to undo it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then you know, in New York, I got hit on and stuff and I was like, okay.
Speaker 7: But what made you think that?
Speaker 6: I like?
Speaker 10: It bothered me. You know, it's just developing into my womanhood.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to.
Speaker 26: Walk and it was funk night and I would go there by myself. Sometimes you can't always have somebody come with, you know. Sometimes I think it's because I'm alone. You know, my best friend at a Lea's. We were walking through the park and unbeknownst to us, we were walking in the wooded gay area, Glen the valley, jail, the jail, okay, and somebody's eyes there. You didn't know we were in a certain area whatever, because I don't know. And then when I got back to the school.
Speaker 10: They were like, you know, they're saying that you and so and so. I was like, I don't even have a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: How can I have a girlfriend? Okay, like I can't even work.
Speaker 10: You know, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: But when I was younger, it did because I was still developing.
Speaker 3: And they was pulling up on you.
Speaker 10: I was developing as a young woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was still kicking it with Jasmine.
Speaker 6: Guys, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's the DJ and on this fridayes Hilaarry's Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club. We have Jasmine guy in the building. Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: Would you ever do a memoir? I know, I mean, you know you got done since it coming out this weekend, but would you ever do a memoir?
Speaker 26: I would need some help you know, I would just need some help. I can't write it myself by myself.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, most people get help with him memoy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I loved reading Jada Pinket's book Worthy because, like you know, Mvy were saying early and you were saying, it was such a privacy.
Speaker 9: In the nineties. So to get those stories from.
Speaker 7: That era when she talks about you and poking, just yourll friendship, just that friendship of black Hollywood.
Speaker 1: It's just like man and now I was like privileged enough to hang with them because there's so much younger than me.
Speaker 10: You know, it was just easy.
Speaker 26: You know, her birthday party and we went to the Dragonfly, which was funk night that night.
Speaker 10: I liked me some funk Obviously, I'm.
Speaker 26: Like, it's fun night and a Dragonfly. But and you know, accepting of me because well, I'm sixty two. So when I'm on the show, I'm twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 10: They eighteen nineteen. Now it's not a big deal. But back then, I wasn't hanging out with no you know.
Speaker 26: I remember I went to a restaurant with Cree and as we're walking to the restaurant, she said, do they card, I said, card, I mean I had never been carded because eighteen, you know.
Speaker 10: I said, how old are you? She said, I just turned eighteen. I said, what the hell am I doing?
Speaker 1: You know, are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: Condemed too.
Speaker 26: I saw them as kids, I like grown ass man when I was young, thirty thirty two. But now that they have embraced me yet I appreciate it because they kept me current and kept me interested because they, Jada and Cree, are out the box thinkers.
Speaker 1: They bring creative ideas to the table that I never would have thought of.
Speaker 10: And I love that. And of course, you know, keeps me laughing Hawk and I would like that too. He always had ideas.
Speaker 26: I felt so unaccomplished, you know, because he would say something and then do it. I would tell him an idea and not write it and not finish it or it's still like on my show Shelf. Mostly I wanted him to know that I felt he was a great actor. And I heard the murmurings of, oh, he's just being himself or whatever. They're just writing on his fame as a rapper. I said, everybody that raps ain't acting on there. There were a lot of rappers that had movies that man can act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean his performances were after change, and I just wanted him to know that and not listen to that. One time in newsweek, they used to have a little blurb like scar of the Week or Celebrity of the week, just a little blurb.
Speaker 10: And they said and surprisingly handsome rapper. I said, how insulting.
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: I didn't, Yeah, why was that surprising? He's supposed to be ugly because he's a rapper. I found it racist. Then when I when I won one of my Image awards and I go to the press tent, there were two little white girls there and all they did was ask me about what I felt about Tupac getting an Image award.
Speaker 26: They kept asking me if I thought he deserved an Image Award, and I said, well, I don't know what the controversy is. Well, you know, because of Dolores Tucker and this, that and the other, and I didn't know. And I said, well, can you tell me which songs you're referring to? At the time, I had only heard dear Mama Brenda had a baby and keep your head up.
Speaker 10: I honestly didn't know what the controversy was. About because these are.
Speaker 26: All uplifting female and she said, well, I don't know which song.
Speaker 10: I haven't heard the CD.
Speaker 26: I said, well, why don't you do your homework and then come to me and asked me. I was so mad and the thing he saw that article and heard that I stood up for him, and she never forgot that. And I think that part of why she was cool with him staying with me after you got shut Yeah, because she didn't based on what they knew about me and seeing me on the show, she didn't realize that.
Speaker 10: I was like that, you know what I mean? And one of her friends said, oh, you a soldier now, and I was like, I'm sorry, are we at war? I didn't know what she meant by you.
Speaker 7: Were you afraid during that time? Like when you took park in after he got shot? Did you feel like what if they come looking from him in the Yeah?
Speaker 26: There were times because of the the regularity of my going in and out of my apartment, I felt like it would be easy if I had been on the radar for anybody to you know, follow me or come up.
Speaker 10: And so there was that.
Speaker 26: And I didn't live in a secured building like a doorman building. And I was scared of the like I had never seen a real bullet wound, just you know on TV like White, PD Blue and when I played a badass in this movie. But I was concerned about that, you know, actually caring for the wounds and making sure he was gonna be okay.
Speaker 10: He could have been in the hospital for.
Speaker 26: At least two or three more days on antibiotics.
Speaker 2: Everybody has walked out.
Speaker 8: He signed himself out, so you had to help him out and help meet and help him get himself back together.
Speaker 1: When he left Bellevue, he went to his girlfriends, and he realized it was equally accessible.
Speaker 26: He just felt like a sitting duck in the hospital. But everybody knew he was at his girlfriends. Nobody knew that we were friends. So him coming to my apartment was more like the Diary of Van Frank.
Speaker 10: I just put food under the bookcase. Yeah, I was on the down load.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what kind of publicity might have come from that, but it wasn't anything I was interested in publicizing.
Speaker 10: So I just shut the family down. I was like, you tell me, anybody, where's those you you know? Because I didn't do that for that reason.
Speaker 26: It was a personal reason, that's sure, And that was one of those moments where you know, y'all don't get that, and they they respected it all these years until the documentary, they've been wanting to, I guess thank me.
Speaker 1: But their love and I'm part of that family now has been enough. I don't need public thanks for what I did on the personal level. The documentary said, Okay, Jasmine, you can talk about that part of it now, because I really thought, well, just you know, I'll go to my grave with certain things. Not because I'm ashamed, but I don't like the exploitation factor of things that you do in your personal life for your kids or for people you love or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sure you talk about this on a sense that this is my last question, Like when's the last time you spoke to him?
Speaker 2: Like before you die, you remember the last conversation.
Speaker 1: And I was visiting a Feini and Stone Mountain when they had a house there and he came through.
Speaker 10: Now this is after he had been in prison for eleven months. I haven't seen him for a while. Yeah, so I saw him at the house. That was the last time.
Speaker 2: You remember the conversation.
Speaker 10: It was just like, hey, you know, and he was like, I'm strong now because he was infirmed.
Speaker 26: So he wanted me to see his you know, little prison push up muscles, knuckles were all black from doing it on you know, he wanted.
Speaker 10: I was like, yeah, you look good. And then he went out with his friends and you know, I hung out with a.
Speaker 26: Fainting The thing that really hurt my feelings about him getting shot like that.
Speaker 10: When he was with me, I thought I was helping him go to the next part of his life, like grow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 26: I was like, we're gonna go to prison. And then got shot again, and I knew that second shooting wasn't it was. Yeah, the first time, wearing his appendages now in his lungs. I'm so disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he told me he was gonna it wasn't gonna make it past twenty five.
Speaker 26: I always thought he was just talking all the time. That's legend put that in the book.
Speaker 10: I was like, I'm not writing a book about you. Stop telling me that.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I'm never telling anybody anything about this experience. I thought it was ridiculous for him to say he wasn't going to live past twenty five. I treated him like I treated my little cousins that make these statements about life.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that hurts.
Speaker 2: I can't wait people to hear your story. You live the life God.
Speaker 8: I got to watch him since this Sunday March.
Speaker 7: You are a cultural icon. We appreciate you so much, we value you. Just thank you always now, thank you, Jazzma guy, it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 7: We gotta encourage Jazman Guy to do a memoir. And not only you gotta encourage Jazman gott to do a memoir. Somebody please get just hilarious her own orange juice, because I am tired of every time I come in here with my orange juice. She walk up to me every morning and be like, who gonna drink that? You're gonna drink that deboo?
Speaker 3: I don't take it. I just be like, hey, do you want it? Because like you deydated, I do.
Speaker 9: I got my tea, my lemon ginger, honey, my orange juice in my water.
Speaker 3: I took it one day because you took you on to drink and I'm like, you're gonna wait for it to get room temperature, but why don't you just get your own?
Speaker 9: I forgot get just a juice every morning.
Speaker 2: What just only got six minutes. Let's get to jest with the world wide.
Speaker 3: Messing so much is just robbing Moore.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 10: Talk, don't stand nobody talk world world.
Speaker 2: While on the Breakfast Club, she's a coaching ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 2: This's time to set it off.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Monique, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Monica asked ray Je to stop speaking about her and Brandy's potential tour. So recently, Regje came to the Breakfast Club and he verbally announced and encouraged tour with his sister Brandy and Monica cold headline and he was asking questions like who would open and all of that type of stuff. And Monica saw the interview and also recalled from the other day ray J comment on her live about the tour idea. He actually like kept commenting and so she would see it, but of course she ignored it on her live. She obviously felt the way about it and took to her Instagram story to tell ray J chill Monica, and Monica said that she received no, all right, gonna be all right, so when she posted she basically said she basically said that she received no contract or no calls about the tour, while also asking rey Je to stop speaking on her in public. But I liked this specific part in her In her I'm not gonna say rant. In her response to ray J, she said, Brandy is a legend. She's one of one with an extensive catalog that I deeply respect, and a voice sent from having the conversation being had without sheet and I it is beginning to muddy.
Speaker 3: The water severely. And I agree with her.
Speaker 1: But I thought when he was up here and he was just saying that, even when he comment on our story the other day, I thought that this is something that he presented to them already, right, but they might have been like, boy, get out of here, you know what I mean. I thought that he had already spoken to them, but he didn't. And I also believe that Reje don't be meaning no harm or whatever. But he just has to know there are certain avenues. And you've been in the business for a long time, you know, you know how to move, you know what I mean? These are two legends.
Speaker 8: Actually, he was just putting it in an atmosphere I thought I thought he just said that's something that he would love to see.
Speaker 7: No, I think y J is actually doing that for I think he's actually doing that for his system, because I promise you he's probably having these conversations with his system behind the scenes Brandy, and you know she may or may not be with it. So he's putting it out into the ecosystem so people start talking about it, and then maybe that'll move Brandy to want to do it a little bit more.
Speaker 9: Are even promoters, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Promoters start making offers the live nations and whoever else in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so why not speak with Monica about it too?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's your Sister's not the only one that chin you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And I don't even know if Brandy's doing shows. Monica is doing a ton of shows. Monica is always.
Speaker 9: Like that, right, roll with Nikki right now, right right right.
Speaker 1: But I mean, obviously this wouldn't be a tour tomorrow, you know, it would take time and all of that stuff forhrsuals, set bills and all of that. But that's why Monica is saying I received no contract on no calls about it.
Speaker 3: You know, so I'm totally with her.
Speaker 1: But y J did respond to Monica's comments on Angeley Ye Way up with You with an apology and play number two.
Speaker 27: Listen, Monica, if I said anything wrong, I apologize. You are a great artist. You and Brandy have made history together, and all I want to do is just kind of like shake it up a little bit to get y'all to see that.
Speaker 2: To see what.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was cut short, but yeah, he just wanted to finished the line that's your cousin, all right, But yeah, he basically want.
Speaker 3: People to see that.
Speaker 1: It's a big money maker and then there are two legends in the game and they should do it.
Speaker 3: I'm all for the tour.
Speaker 7: I am too, And we also gotta let's not act like this is the nineties, because you know, I thought about this, and I've said this before, I prefer Monica's catalog. Brandy's amazing, She's an incredible talent, great songs, but I personally prefer Monica's catalog. So what Monica also said was neither one of us are gonna be an opener. We're gonna have an opener, and then we're gonna get to the co headline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how she is?
Speaker 2: You ain't see that.
Speaker 8: The other day Charlamage, when I was trying to put it together, you y'all made it seem like Monica was the open and I was like, just because, no.
Speaker 3: No, listen, I said that.
Speaker 9: I never said that.
Speaker 3: All right, calm down. I did say.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, I do think that Brandy shit, you know, in the show, Monica opens. But I also did say they co headlining. Who would they have come? But you know before them, they can have like other R and B acts, but who comes out first? Maybe open was a bad word.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I actually said they should go like like song for song like they did in the verses, like Monica, Brandy comes out those song. Monic comes out those song, and Monica comes out, Brandy comes out and the song.
Speaker 6: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: But then that's a replica of the verses, and I just feel like, we do you need it? If I'm listening to Monica, that's the vibe I'm on. If everyone listened to Brandy, that's the vibe I'm on. You know, I don't want I don't like back and forth.
Speaker 10: You go, now, you go, now you go gear like no.
Speaker 3: No, So that's it.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it happened.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it does happen. I hope and hopefully they reach out to Monica and give an offer and stop.
Speaker 3: Playing with her.
Speaker 1: All right, Philly rapper Quillie, why is his name Quilly? He claims Meek Mile told his entourage they couldn't come with him.
Speaker 3: To Ditty's parties.
Speaker 1: So Quilly sat down to the podcast when he spoke on an anonymous person and Meek's.
Speaker 3: Crew, he said, basically, this is a real short story.
Speaker 1: He said basically that this anonymous person was not allowed to go to certain Diddy parties with me, probably only the daytime ones.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's what they allegedly, that's what That's what he said.
Speaker 3: So oh, but it is audio.
Speaker 2: We got audio my bay the Diddy the party parties.
Speaker 28: He was in college going to a couple of parties with me, right and meet to my inside man that he can't go to two, two or three parties yet, so he got left like at the at the crib, Airbnb, hotel, mansion wherever.
Speaker 2: He was like, he couldn't go Monday and Tuesday you can go.
Speaker 28: To this party, but Wednesday and Thursday when we go to this other mansion party you gotta stay back. That's just coming from my inside guy, like I own that party. Like when they say Diddy party party, Yeah, a few people was around at that time.
Speaker 2: They couldn't got leave me alone.
Speaker 1: The weekly parties are probably you know PG thirteen, real cool networking, they saw serve orders, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But the weekend parties meet like, uh uh, you can't go to these.
Speaker 2: What leave meek alone?
Speaker 5: Thing?
Speaker 7: Man? It sounds funny now when you just head Diddy, it just sounds hilarious, right, But like that don't mean anything. Just because the person says, hey, only you can come to this party, that means just don't bring your crew.
Speaker 3: He probably was protecting him.
Speaker 7: Nothing that has nothing to do with protecting him. Okay, I mean, allegedly, you don't invite everybody to your house.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But did he has I'm pretty sure didd he has a house for parties, and then he probably have a house for the party parties, and then he has his personal house.
Speaker 7: What if the party parties at his personal house, he don't want them at the person Okay, that's I don't know these negroes.
Speaker 9: I know that your people, but don't bring them.
Speaker 10: Right Okay, what I'm saying. Okay, so he was protecting.
Speaker 2: Diddy, who was protecting Diddy?
Speaker 1: The niggas from Philly, Like, don't be bringing all these Philly people many you go out, yes.
Speaker 9: Yes, what you're saying, what you want to you want a bunch of people from.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't want much of them while niggas, you're right, you're right, but I don't want to go to man.
Speaker 9: And that was from an Academics podcast, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, Mick Mill speaks out on his decision to finally block DJ Academics. Give me some hand class for that, because he is growing up. This is what he's surely this is what he should have been dead after threatening to kill that man. But yeah, he definitely should have been blocked him because ain't no way you letting this this man get you.
Speaker 7: Academics has been bullying Meek Mill. He has been social media bullying Meek Mill. Yeah, should you should? You should block your bullies.
Speaker 1: It's because Meek is letting him the response and Academics just goes away when we don't talk.
Speaker 7: About him, like he goes away. That's acts world. You're not gonna beat act in his world. How you gonna beat acting social media?
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 9: That's his world.
Speaker 7: Now you you know, you catch him in the streets, that's a whole different thing. I don't wish no violence on nobody, but if you catch him street, that's a whole difer thing. But you're not gonna beat him in social media.
Speaker 3: Unless you're another Internet person.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 9: Sure, but you gotta be and in that personality, you ain't that hor.
Speaker 10: To meet.
Speaker 9: Yesterday, Meet tried to tweet.
Speaker 3: Hold On, I just was sorry, hold on, I'm saying he tried to tweet.
Speaker 2: No, he did try to tweet.
Speaker 9: Where is this tweet he tried to?
Speaker 17: Know?
Speaker 7: He this is the tweet yesterday from me. I would do the same. Fanatics is basically the garden is eating where dreams come true?
Speaker 3: Ha l O L.
Speaker 9: I think he was trying to say garden to eating, y'all.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 9: Garden is eating.
Speaker 29: Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, that's right.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna be that like guys, it's just the mess.
Speaker 1: It's just the mess for the second hour. And I'm not coming back because they cut my third one today too. All right, give your donkey to man for after the hour. We have a woman named Michelle Young who needs to come to the front of the congregation. Uh, we'd like to have a word with them.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next, So don't move. It's to breakfast lug, good morning, wake if you're like into the breakfast club, Charlavage. Some donkey to day is just sad himself. Charlotte man ready, I never heard them donkey other day.
Speaker 9: Said it again, Charlama.
Speaker 13: I'm a duncan.
Speaker 3: Yes you are.
Speaker 6: That, Charlotte Vane say that's true.
Speaker 7: Yes, Donkey Today for Friday, March twenty second goes to a woman named Michelle Young. She's forty six years old and she's from Burlington, Iowa.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 7: She faces charges of reckless use of fire, explosives, destructive devices, and possession of drug for araphernilia. You know, earlier were talking about the Collie Russell story, and Collie Russell is on probation and as part of her probation she has to go to mental health counseling. And Jess, you said something I agree with. Everything is in a mental health issue. Some people just make poor choices. Yep, very true. So I'm interested to hear what you think about Michelle Young's situation. Did she make a bad choice or is there something emotionally and mentally wrong. Let's go to Casey RG, ABC nine News for the report.
Speaker 21: Police six, a Burlington woman is facing charges after police say she set fire to a porch. According to a des Moines County arrest affidavit, it happened just after four thirty pm yesterday on Vineyard Street. Police say when they arrived on scene, forty six year old Michelle Young was standing on the porch. She told them a friend lived in the home, but the resident who saw the incident on her home security camera said she didn't know this woman at all and had never seen her before. Young is charged with reckless use of fire and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Speaker 7: What did that sound like? Mittal Health Fisher's a just porchose let me give you? Wanna give you some information? Okay, I'm gonna give you some more information. Michelle Young set her friend's porch on fire because her friend didn't answer. Now, full disclosure. This is how I be feeling when people I love doing answer the phone. When I know my wife is home and she don't answer the phone, I'll be wanting to set things on fire. When I called Jesse Hilarius and she don't answer, But then I see her back to back posting videos and pictures.
Speaker 2: On her story.
Speaker 7: I'd be wanting to set things on fire, but I don't because I'm mentally and emotionally stable. Oh and one more fun fact. Michelle Young said this was her friend's house, but as you heard in the news report, she didn't know this woman and the woman didn't know her. Would you like to know some more details? Michelle Young told officers she believed the home belonged to a friend. She also said that she saw a sign that said which is welcome, and because she was a witch she identifies as a witch, she lit some items on fire, set the porch on fire. Now, I don't know too many people who have a sign in their yard that says which is welcome unless it's Halloween. Was just a sign that's been up since Halloween? Was there even really a sign? And even though the sign says which is welcome?
Speaker 2: Welcome to do?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 9: Did the sign say you're welcome to commit arson? Was it a fire sign? Meaning she was in aries Leo sagittarius all.
Speaker 7: I'm simply wondering is jes Do you think this woman needs some type of mental health counseling or does she need an exorcism? Before you answer, would you like to see her picture? Would you like to see her pi? Nick zoom in on this?
Speaker 3: Okay? Oh wow? Mentally ill?
Speaker 10: And oh yeah, because you're gonna need therapy after to get them out of them.
Speaker 7: Is there a difference between demonic possession and mental disorder? See, some of y'all need a psychotherapist, but some of y'all need an exorcist.
Speaker 9: Okay, And that's the problem.
Speaker 7: That's the issue we don't discuss enough, and that's demonic possession.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I encourage y'all to go to therapy all the time, but some of y'all don't just need a therapist. Y'all actually need an exorcist.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: We love to say that ain't nothing but the devil, but y'all don't even know what the devil looks like.
Speaker 9: Look at this mug shot.
Speaker 10: Look down.
Speaker 7: This woman looks like one version of five different characters from the Wizard of Us. How can one person simultaneously look like the Cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow, Dorothy, the tin Man, and the wicked witch of the West. Look, see, when you dance with the devil, the devil just not alternate. The devil changes you. You're not gonna tell me this woman has not been changed. Okay, this woman did not always look like Gary Owens if he transitioned into Jaye Owens.
Speaker 3: Okay, she did give a little Gary.
Speaker 7: A little a lot Gary's sister. It's either Gary sister or Gary. Right, Gary gonna get that Netflix special one way of you hear me? Please give Michelle Young, the sweet childs of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you are the dog.
Speaker 9: Of the day, the dog.
Speaker 2: Ah the day. Damn.
Speaker 7: Look at this one to today, sir. She looks like the joke if the joker wanted to speak to a manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's Oh.
Speaker 7: Look look at this gry Oh god, she looks like she holds a barbecue every January sixth insurrection. This is Gary on sister. I don't care what nobody says. He's Garyans said. You know what, I'm gonna transition into Gael and then I'm gonna get my first Netflix special.
Speaker 2: God, all right, we come down on. Luke will be joining us.
Speaker 8: Of course, The Freaknik documentary is out right now Luke and the producers of the documentary will be joining.
Speaker 9: Jay Allen and Nicky Bowles.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're gonna kick it with them. Next it don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Olding.
Speaker 8: Everybody's d J n V Jess Lara Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. People are nervous about these three individuals and then they're gonna ruin their lives with this new documentary. Ladies and gentlemen, we have Jay Allen, Nicki Bows and Uncle Luke. The documentary Freakness, the Wild Freaknick the Wildest Party Never Told, streaming now on Hulu.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 8: That's good, good now. We've all seen it, and a lot of people who have it were very nervous. They thought they were going to see older videos of Uncle Luke throwing money on them. They thought they were going to see videos of themselves at Freaknick's, you know, torking on calls. They didn't call it torking back then. It was booty shaking on cars. They weren't gonna see that. But the doc is not really like that. It kind of explains the story of the origin, how it started, how it helped so many people, how it helped the land of music and all that.
Speaker 2: So break down the documentary and why you guys wanted to put this together.
Speaker 30: Yeah, we were a few years behind. You know what the essence of Freaknan it was to be able to attend. So when Nick and I created the original concept, you know, we knew we were missing the stories. And that's when we went and found Uncle Luke and found Jermaine so that we could tell the story the right way. And essentially, as we were putting it together, everybody had a Freaknick story. So what you see is a hybrid of everybody from the DC Metro Club to you know, the people that were at the end telling the story about.
Speaker 8: Now what y'all know about freedom, because y'all weren't that. Y'all weren't there, So y'all want to hear stories from uncles, aunties.
Speaker 31: And what anybody coming back like you will wait for them to get back so you can see what happened. They coming back with the shirts with the big Looney Tune characters and the Bart Simpsons and all of that, and the music, all of that coming back and you're like, oh, I can't wait to go, only for it to end before you.
Speaker 2: Can get there.
Speaker 9: This is interesting though, that I think about it.
Speaker 7: Jay and Nikki y'all wanted to do the doc, but the OG's like the Lukes who not just where they have provided the soundtrack for it?
Speaker 9: Did y'all not want to tell the story?
Speaker 6: Luke?
Speaker 9: Just because you're like, you know what some things the best left on said? You know what I mean, something the best left off the record?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 15: No, I mean for me, you know, it's it's always telling the stories, you know, because my story has never been told, you know. And I looked at my whole career, you know, my stories you know have not been documented, you know, for whatever reason, and uh, you know when I jumped on this, it was it was about, you know, my whole life story, you know. I was I did a deal with film company and I looked at the actual script that was written for my like biopic, and then I was like, half of my stories.
Speaker 6: Ain't being told.
Speaker 15: So, you know, I didn't enter into a deal with Swirl Films to be able to do these different parts of my life stories. So when Jay and Nicky mentioned freak Nick, and I was like, that's another part of my life story that wouldn't have been in a long stripted film, you know, And so be amongst that story and other stories, you know, so you know that I'm doing for the next couple of years.
Speaker 6: You don't document those stories and put them out, you know, this is just one part of it.
Speaker 7: Could you ever do a proper anything about Uncle Luke in this era? Everybody's so sensitive people want to cancer folks.
Speaker 9: Could you ever do that properly? Because you would have to you can only do it one way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could only do it one way.
Speaker 15: And that's why, like, like I have a I'm doing a bio pick with Will Packer, and we negotiating with a couple of different companies, and the unique way of how we put that together, you know, kind of took the sensitivity out of it, because, yeah, you live in a different era, you know. And even with this right here, you know, Freaknick is a large part of my story, you know, and you know I put the freak in Freaknick, And so you know, you had to do it in a unique way because if you did it, if we did this story a certain type of way in this life that we live in right now, we're probably all be in jail.
Speaker 8: Did Uncle Luke ruined Freaknick and changed the HBC proper picnic of what they were trying to do. They were trying to be the DC people that couldn't afford to go home, were trying to create this brilliant and nice space. And you know, the Greeks were stepping and there was barbecue and there was food. And then came let me say, you you know.
Speaker 3: You're talking about I would say he enhanced it.
Speaker 2: You'd think Atlanta wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 9: Obviously, I'm not gonna say it wasn't ready.
Speaker 31: It just didn't know it was ready because that him coming there, wilding out and all of that made other people come there and made other acts come there. And then that's where the music came from, and the South got something to say and all of that, and I mean, Uncle Luke.
Speaker 8: And look what made you want to go to Freaknik? Like was it the buzzing at the time? Because it was small at first, and then you took it to another level.
Speaker 15: I mean, you know, you having a party in Atlanta and it's called Freaknink.
Speaker 3: I got to be the ambassat.
Speaker 15: So I mean, so, I mean basically, you know, this was at the time when I went, it was the height of my career, our career or the controversy, going to jail, doing all these different things, you know. And then I hear about this little party going on in Atlanta called Freaknink. So then when I heard it, I thought it was a freak party, you know, real talking about I need to be there.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm the king of freakingness.
Speaker 2: I gotta go show my face in this joint, you feel me.
Speaker 6: And then at the end of the day, you know.
Speaker 15: We went there and did that, plus some shop videos and all these different things, and come to find out later on down the line, it was like no, no, no, it wasn't no, it wasn't that.
Speaker 6: Type of party.
Speaker 15: There was some people out there with little tps and then little you know, candos and all that. They were trying to have a little Greek thing. And before you know it, you know, I put the freaking in the picnic.
Speaker 7: What what was the difference between Freaknick and the classics in Florida? The closet was was wild too.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, I mean, you you had different you had different degrees of it all lot and I lived through through through the mall.
Speaker 9: You had Murder Beach, yes, sir, Black Weekend.
Speaker 6: The same situation. You had Murder Beach. Then you had Daytona Beach, you know.
Speaker 15: Then you from Daytona Beach, you had Caravana and uh in Canada, So you had different versions of these different parties. You know, that was generated through young people. And then you had Gatherstone the Beach week like what it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was some sort of beach weekend out there that we would go frequent Philly.
Speaker 15: Greg Yeah, Philly, Yeah, yeah, I remember you know, doing that, doing that party, watching people run by my hotel naked. So you had all those type of parties and and uh, you know and Freak Nick was just one that you had to go to.
Speaker 2: During that time.
Speaker 8: Did you ever get the money you were supposed to get? Because I'm thinking about it now when Uncle Luke pulled up, it wasn't like a regular rapper where he could just perform with a DJ.
Speaker 9: On the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you had a lot of people pay. Did you actually get what you was both? Because you you had mc hammer type staff like you had mad people.
Speaker 6: No, no, not type staff. I haven't had a whole seven twenty seven.
Speaker 15: I remember going to Japan and I'm like, man, you got all these people in here, war drove and all that stuff, like how you pay him? But yeah, I mean my my crew was a big old I mean it was mostly girls. It was girls, was and DJ's and you know, we ain't had too many securities. It was it was new artists like Pitt Bull would be on the bus, you know, Trick Eddy would be on the bus. You know, guys that I was breaking along the way, you know, using my popularity to spend them off to hopefully had him become a hit artist.
Speaker 8: All Right, we got more with Uncle Luke and the producers of Freaknick when we come back, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club the Morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the guy Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: We're still kicking with Uncle Luke and the producers of the Freaknick documentary that's out today, j Allen and Nicky Bows, Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Did you hear earthquake?
Speaker 9: When he was up here? Luke and he said that he dropped the nuclear missile. Why they call you broken that.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 32: When you drop a nuke on the in the country, it's called it broken out when it's a new all your own friendly soul and everything as an accident right now if you.
Speaker 2: Well know, man, it's just you know, I told him, you underst thing.
Speaker 15: I'm in Boxtairs, Louise out of that street, Port Louisana.
Speaker 2: This when Luke was at the heightens this thing. I had one hundred and fifty bad chicks.
Speaker 32: I said, I'm going and they sent me out here and changed the ordness on the plane.
Speaker 2: So they brung it on itself. Yeah, I heard that you can't miss your show.
Speaker 15: When I heard that story right here on your show, it's like, I'm like, oh lord, this man, this man fit to blame me.
Speaker 2: My dog too quick.
Speaker 6: I mean, hey, but that was that was funny. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Do you still feel like hip hop forgot about Florida?
Speaker 6: No, no question about it.
Speaker 15: I mean we it was we had to go on you know, me and trick that we had to actually go on social media and say, hey, you forgot about it.
Speaker 6: That's what the is going on.
Speaker 2: We're a part of this, We're major part of this. And then people start calling up and like, oh, we're sorry, Oh we want to have invite you.
Speaker 6: We want you to be a part of this. And if it's like that, so I mean that that's that's been happening in my entire career.
Speaker 15: And that's that's why, you know, before I was mad, but like right now, being able to tell all these stories in different forms of freak Nick Coach, Luke, Uh, this other show that we're partnering up with Lebron that we getting ready to do on you know, scripted series that could be the.
Speaker 2: Book of Luca.
Speaker 15: Ah, that's gonna be probably the Dark Side of Lucay. Yeah and so and and give you a real story of Miami. And you know, between that and the in the in the movie that we're doing with Will Packer, and then the other uh, the other show with me coaching that we're.
Speaker 6: Doing with Smack and straight Hand and all them.
Speaker 15: So you will see all these different pieces of being able to tell these different stories, which I'm.
Speaker 6: Happy right now.
Speaker 15: So I pretty much created a damn film company out of the whole thing because they didn't tell the story.
Speaker 6: And then I'll get to tell.
Speaker 9: My own story with you Hip Hop Pie and Nail Look, that's.
Speaker 7: What pisses me off when people have these conversations about hip hop pie anders and hip hop moguls. You wanted the original ones. We don't get down South hip hop without Uncle.
Speaker 2: You don't think they realized what he sacrificed and went through. Yeah, I don't think they understand.
Speaker 9: And you fought the government for hip hop.
Speaker 2: For Itawyers, and we.
Speaker 8: Got locked up, got locked up like he fought for hip hop.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 30: They left him out to fight by himself, like he was literally fighting just like you said.
Speaker 15: Man, nobody came to my defense. There wasn't no nobody in the industry. Matter of fact, people in the industry was talking about me. I mean they would go on Donnie Simpson Show other rappers and be like, oh, that's not hip hop.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 15: He got to the point where when we did shows with hip hop artists that they would put them on last and then they were all leave because you know, how you're doing show, everybody on the side seeing who rocked the stage, and so we we we had to go through a lot, you know people, but then people start understanding, and that's why, you know, I was happy that we put Savager part of this because when he looked at you know, you know, this young kid is trying to understand, you know, just what went on. You know, this part of history, you know, and and people like Aside Rocket, you know, I sit down in conversation with him, you know, man, I'll just embrace the history. So you got some artists that go deep into it and then they just want the vibe and like know where it came from. But then you got a lot of people that really try to brush it up under the rug. But you know, this doctor, this doctoruld be the beginning of something big. I think because this is the only this only description of the South. You know, on this level, you don't have nothing that ever been done on the South. And I think a large part of it didn't want to tell the story because then a lot of people have to give me too much credit, you feel me. So you know, when you do that, then it'll be like, Okay, who's the part of this? And not telling these stories?
Speaker 7: Why you think they tried to ban what you was doing when literally all you was doing was making people dance, making people have sex. But you have all these artists who's killing people on records, selling drugs on records, I don't see nobody trying to band them.
Speaker 9: Why did they try to ban you?
Speaker 6: I was the first, you know what I'm saying, It was the first to cuss on the records.
Speaker 15: A lot of people don't understand Miami is half naked people walking around everywhere, you know, strip cause it was naked. So so when when when they came after us, it was because, you know, for a couple of reasons, won the album covers. You know they you know, they were exotic. Then the back of the album cover the titles were you know, face down the ass up. Hey once you know that I do that because I had no money, you know what I'm saying. You know, the music industry was against what I was doing because I was taking sales away from everybody else, you know, and then when you take sales.
Speaker 6: Away, then it's like, okay, we gotta shut this down.
Speaker 15: So then they seeing typic Gore al Gore's wife, after me, you know, and put me on this list. You know, they they tell George Lucas at that time, my name was Luke Skywalker Records, you gotta suit us. So they were pulling me from all different was, you know, not how to pay him a big ass settlement George Lucas. Yeah, I had a big ass lawsuit. Just that's why I don't look at no Star Wars right everything Jesus records.
Speaker 2: He sued me in and uh I had to pay got them back then you can tell us not right or no.
Speaker 15: It was a half a million dollars. You know a lot of people think that it was one case. It was actually three cases. It was one the royal opposer case. Uh, that went to the Spring Court.
Speaker 6: I won that. If I don't win that, you don't. You don't there's the more satire, that's the more Saturday Night Live and none of that.
Speaker 15: You can't you know, make a joke about somebody. Then they had the also satire that was a satire case. That was a satire that didn't just change music, that changed TV and the Internet and the internet because right now they used my case for any Internet claim, whether it's intellectual property, it became an intellectual property, uh satire case.
Speaker 6: And so when you had that.
Speaker 15: Going on, you know, now I got I gotta go get this this ruling overturn that the record is deemed I've seen by this federal judge. And then I then say Kim, we go down the street and perform and then go to jail for it. So I got three cases going on at one time, plus you know, plus all the other.
Speaker 6: Happening around me trying to run a record company.
Speaker 25: And all that.
Speaker 15: And that's why, that's why, you know, I got really really really deep into the into the politics of it though, you know, and uh, and seeing where it was coming from.
Speaker 2: What you did is really to fight for hip hop, for the next artist. But the artists didn't support you at all.
Speaker 8: All the hip hop artists basically said you but you still knew the bigger picture.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I look, I looked at it from a bigger picture standpoint because I know, all right, he's more stupid right now.
Speaker 6: You know, the industry is not supporting me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I remember going to the Grammys.
Speaker 15: And and it was like, we want you to go to the Grammys and everything, and I go there, I sit down on the third row and they man start having this big speech by you know, artists being attacked, and we're fighting, you know, we're sporting all this and everything, you know, our artists for free expression and everything. And right now we want to honor a person who's out there on the road doing it every night, Madonna, I ain't ever went back there.
Speaker 6: He grabbed me.
Speaker 2: This was the last time when you know, uh no that it was crazy, man.
Speaker 15: But but again that that's why I got so deep into politics, man, because I know everything is political.
Speaker 7: I'd love to see that genre of bass music come back. There's a couple of artists that's that's doing it a little bit. And I started you was in the studio with Kresha.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's bringing it back. She's bringing it back. I mean the song that that we did together. I mean, you know, because I don't go in the studio for nobody. I mean people call me all the time, you know, go and sample the you know what. You know, only two people could get me in there, MISSI. I went in there with her, uh before Covid in the with Kresha, you know, and uh you know, I heard the track and I was like, okay.
Speaker 6: I can put that, you know what I'm saying. And we went in there and got it out real, real easy.
Speaker 15: I think it's gonna be a big summer club banger and everything, and I'm looking forward to people listening to it.
Speaker 8: Ladies and gentlemen, make sure you check out freak Nick the Wirelace Party never told school.
Speaker 7: Now they should build a statue of Uncle Luke in every major hip hop.
Speaker 9: C I'm not even joking New York l A.
Speaker 6: Do I get to have my jenitals hanging? No statue?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 2: Like Nikki Bobs Uncle Luke. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is d j NV just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to pass the AUSJ Yeah, DJ comes, come spending.
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 30: Guys?
Speaker 32: Oh?
Speaker 10: I thought he was being stink.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not gonna be conversation.
Speaker 10: We're about to have.
Speaker 9: We roald conversations.
Speaker 10: We can get into the music.
Speaker 3: Let's start off with like that with Future and Metro Woman.
Speaker 29: Yeah yeah, get up with me. Sneak this the first place, shooter. I hope they came with three switches. I crashed out right brack this mety mild. If I had two got two teams with me, I'm snatching chains and burning tattoos.
Speaker 33: Just love.
Speaker 29: Too many soldiers. Nothing the players say. If you walk around, let's stick and gonna boat drop the location. I still got PTSD. I'm the Big Three.
Speaker 3: It's just big meat crazy now.
Speaker 7: N y l A went to Saint John's University because of J Cole. J Cole is her personal favorite rapper. We've had so many conversations on air and off air, and I tell her all the time, stop playing with Kendrick lamar.
Speaker 9: He's the one yo.
Speaker 33: Nobody, nobody has ever played with Kendrick Lamar so and this is why I was like, man, I'm so annoyed that this happened because I got to come up here.
Speaker 10: And deal with shenanigans.
Speaker 33: But I feel like Kendrick is an innocent bystander, and the beat between Drake and Kendrick, I do, Yeah, I feel like cole.
Speaker 9: Is A is a innocent He picked the side you want.
Speaker 2: You want to be a first person shooting.
Speaker 6: To be fair. You want to be fair.
Speaker 33: When first person shooter dropped and I came up here and I'm like, yo, why is Kendrick not on this record.
Speaker 10: He's a part of the Big Three.
Speaker 9: It makes no sense for them to do a tour without him.
Speaker 7: I said that now, but he's not an innocent bystander because he threw a shot. Now, it was a competitive shot, but he said whatever the big Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was a shot either.
Speaker 2: If you say.
Speaker 9: You're saying you're the greatest, now you got to it.
Speaker 2: But now ja Cob spitting, Cob, embody and everybody on.
Speaker 33: Their own record, Cole hasn't spitting.
Speaker 8: I'm ready fish, I'm ready, fished, I'm ready and.
Speaker 33: I'm only saying I'm not ready because I've just never seen cold and war mode.
Speaker 1: You know, like we've seen what's wrong with saying I'm the greatest, Like, yo, you can say that wrong when you when you when.
Speaker 7: You say you're big three, but I'm the Muhammad Ali at word, Okay, I want to see but that's not.
Speaker 1: Really it's not, but I want to see it.
Speaker 10: That's this impredible what it really is.
Speaker 33: It is between I feel like it's between Future and Drake, and it's between Kenjick and Drake, and I feel like it's everybody against Drake.
Speaker 7: You know what's getting lost, well, you know you know what's getting lost in all of this was getting lost in all of this is Future is one of those ones we have. We have to start putting Future in Metro up there with some of the greatest reproducer combinations of all time. I'm talking Dre and Snoop, Outcast and Organized Noise Premiere and Guru Day up there, and you want to talk Big Three, it's Kendricks future and filling the blank.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's Kendrick Future and filling the blank.
Speaker 33: Privileged couldn't wait for something like this to happen.
Speaker 10: You gotta be honest.
Speaker 3: I think this is fun.
Speaker 10: Like, this is fun.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to see you.
Speaker 33: I'm excited to see what the guys do with the pen.
Speaker 2: I do different bad guys.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 33: The timer has started, though, Like I'm ready for this, That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to see it.
Speaker 33: And I don't even want to wait to dream about fest like for a response, I feel like it needs to be That's right.
Speaker 9: They can't take the high roll. Kendrick been asking for smoke for years since Control.
Speaker 10: You can take the high road, honestly, No, Cole is.
Speaker 7: The one that really need to jump out because you said you Muhammad Ali and you got an album coming out.
Speaker 33: Yes, you the one that really needs someone that really need to come out because Future and Metro got to be for Drake. They don't follow Drake. They did don't follow Cold followed Drake, n followed Drake. They tweeted out we Don't Trust You, and then the album dropped we Don't Trust You.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, the album is called we Don't Trust You. Yes, and they followed them Wolves.
Speaker 3: So you know that means crazy war.
Speaker 2: Into two of us. Got to get into two of the guys, all right.
Speaker 33: I wanted to do the Big Sean freestyle. I know Big Sean dropped the new record today, Car Precision, but.
Speaker 9: I feel like, right now, Sean, stop, this is what always happened to you get lost in.
Speaker 10: The big This is Big Sean's freestyle he dripped to promote the new record.
Speaker 25: I think where I lack most as an artist is consistency. I just haven't had the energy to compete within him. So y'all so called big A three, But every first I laid fans, let us say, man, it can just sleep, bust one hundred million records up. Though it is in a dream. Even if you was my son, you couldn't be let on me. My life got more layers than a secret identity. And I'm all money and like Nippi j Stone whipping up, bring.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 9: There was a year.
Speaker 7: There was a couple of years, Sean was lyrically better than than a lot of them, and I was I was saying that Sean was really really lyrically in his bag.
Speaker 9: He's still, He's still, but there's a disconnect.
Speaker 31: What do you think it is?
Speaker 33: Probably what you just said, like do you think Adam, like, I know the Big three is cold? I mean, is Sean for no?
Speaker 2: What you mean.
Speaker 5: Big three is Kendrick future, kindred future? If it is drinking cold, that's the four. The Big three is Kendricks future filling the blank. But that I know the other two is drinking cold?
Speaker 10: Lyrically, are you really the future with with cold?
Speaker 9: I'm just talking about musically and not let music doing.
Speaker 2: We got to get into that.
Speaker 10: You got to keep Cold in the top.
Speaker 9: Sewan is up there, but he's not one of the big four.
Speaker 33: So I gotta say, I am tired of talking about the Big three, like I'm tired of still talking about people from the blog era, and I'm just ready for the next regime.
Speaker 9: Because who they still setting the ball?
Speaker 3: I thought the big thing was Nikki, Wayne and Drake. I mean that's everybody said three and that's what I thought that was. I ain't never noticed. I think they are the Big three as a label.
Speaker 9: Like Wayne is a legend, he got statute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never on the monument, This is true.
Speaker 33: I just feel like if like pop Smoke was still here, and if xx X was still here, it would be different conversations.
Speaker 10: They wouldn't still be shooting across. They would probably could stop.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think.
Speaker 7: I definitely think Pop Smoking would definitely have a place, but they wouldn't be competing for no, but they would be the conversation.
Speaker 33: We wouldn't still be having the same conversation. We would not be having a conversation about a beef that's ten years old, is what I'm getting at.
Speaker 10: Like this is entertaining.
Speaker 33: But lastly, I'm gonna ended on a high note. Sir, who's one of my favorite R and B artists, Droughts today. His new project is called Heavy and the record that I have is nothing even matters.
Speaker 9: Solutor, Sir, Yeah, definite. All I know is is a damn shame.
Speaker 7: The Brother Kendrick gave us one of the most important hip hop albums of all time. Gave us a soundtrack, The Assistant, The Healing of a Generation. Mister Morale and the Big Steps, and y'all thought y'all could play with him. Now you got to deal with this problem.
Speaker 2: Offspring.
Speaker 3: Also nobody thought you could play with him.
Speaker 33: But I'm tired of you taking Cold out of the Big three just because you want to three and Blank.
Speaker 9: But don't do that to call.
Speaker 7: Honestly, if I had a Big three, it would be Kendrick Future and No, No, No, we got it out him.
Speaker 9: It would be it would be Kendrick Future and Cold. That's three, and then Drake would be.
Speaker 2: You would put Future in there over Drake, Like are you dumb?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 29: Like what?
Speaker 32: No?
Speaker 7: Him?
Speaker 10: You don't think he would do that?
Speaker 9: Absolutely complex.
Speaker 10: It's a complexion.
Speaker 2: To do with the music that Drake is half white. Cole is half white too. You gonna fly?
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 33: Well make sure you guys follow me on the gram At Nila Simone, I got playlists happened with It's a certified Vibe, the Vibe Higher Playlist. We got our next show case going down April nineteenth.
Speaker 31: That cafe it rely in.
Speaker 33: Brooklyn and then mix you got to into my podcast.
Speaker 10: We need to talk, okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Well it mixes up next to the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 4: You're checking out the Breakfast Club. It's a Woman's History month and we're celebrating the most influential women in history. Check out this phenomenal woman Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is dej Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamaine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's women's history moreul we reping today jests.
Speaker 3: We are repping Brittany Grinder.
Speaker 1: Okay, so today we're nominating Brittany Evette Grinder. Now, I know a lot of sillsn't like when you say their middle name because I'm my best friend career. They don't like that because not times out attend the middle name is, you know, more girlier than the first name. Because when I'd be like Shena Marie, She'd be all right, come on, bitch, So you know, like, don't don't put me all day lated.
Speaker 9: Sheen is your Sana?
Speaker 3: Is my best friend?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, who's the sid? Yeah her name is Shanna Marie Good but sorry, Sena.
Speaker 32: So.
Speaker 1: Brittany Grinder who is an American professional basketball player for the Phoenix Mercury of the w NBA. She is a two time Olympic gold medalist and a seven time WNBA All Star and if you didn't know, since Grinder was a freshman, her two hundred and twenty three block shots at the all time single season record established, establishing her as one of the greatest shot blockers and women basketball history.
Speaker 10: And people always say she looked like my boyfriend.
Speaker 7: So she actually said that I saw her. I saw when you posted a picture of you and Chris. Yes, and she love for commed. I forgot what the comment was.
Speaker 3: She was like, now we all link up. And I was like, girl, no.
Speaker 9: Funny, y'all going to double dating. People looking at Chris and look at Brittany and be.
Speaker 2: Like, what else?
Speaker 3: Who are you here with the twins? But she cut her locks though, was she even more handsome?
Speaker 15: And then.
Speaker 3: She's still got his locks?
Speaker 10: So yeah, but she is heavily married and I like her wife too.
Speaker 3: So but I like that, y'all.
Speaker 7: But I love you Brittany. All right, Jess, happy woman, salute to Brittany Griner.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 8: Now when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody, you, stevej Envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne, the guy, we all the Breakfast Club. I just want to Salute again Hampton University. I got a chance to actually broadcast from Hampton you Versity. This is where I actually started my radio career. I started here at WHOV which is the college radio station at Hampton. I was able to do midnight mixes and get on air at midnight. So the fact that I'm broadcasting from the same station, it's pretty dope. I was down here for Hampton's forty second annual Conference on the Black Family, where they have people just coming up here talking about black love and raising.
Speaker 2: Kids and dating, the ups and down. So me and my wife were up here yesterday speaking on a panel. So salute to HBCU Jay Lang who runs the WHOVP.
Speaker 8: I appreciate everybody and getting me in So again, slute to all the HBCUs out there, all.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And I also want to remind people man, make sure to go get your tickets this weekend for the second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. It happened Saturday, April twenty seventh in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullmanyard, same place it was last year.
Speaker 9: We got Gillian Wallow on that stage.
Speaker 7: Just hilarious is going to be on that stage doing her podcast carefully Reckless, We got the Poor Minds Podcast, dre and Lex Horrible Decisions, mandn Weezy gonna be on that stage. The Ball Alert Show gonna be on that stage, deeply well with Debbie Brown and Will Lucas, Black Tech, Green Money. So make sure you go get your tickets at event bright dot com our Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. Same thing as last year, man, all the food trucks, all the different activations like to pitch your podcast. We got the Business of Podcasting panel, a whole lot of good stuff, man. So we'll see you Saturday, April twenty seventh at Pullman Yards and Atlanta. VIP tickets are already sold out, but plenty of general admission tickets are available. Well, not plenty, but you know it's on pace to sell out, so go get yours. You know why they're still available?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, leave us on a positive note, that's right.
Speaker 7: The positive note is simply this, whether it's friendship, our relationships, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing. How do you feel about that, Jess, that's good? Okay, she's like, that's good. A little basic advice, but it's good. It's good.
Speaker 9: Okay, y'all have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Breakfast clubitch is you don't finish for y'all done,