Speaker 1: All right, you found us on a Friday. Welcome to the podcast, Alexis. How many five.
Speaker 2: Hour energy bottles did you count in the trash?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 2: I think it was eleven? Oh guys, fifty energy?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Let's just hope Jeffrey's heart doesn't explode His fuel for his parody song.
Speaker 1: Today's song of the week is in well today's podcast.
Speaker 4: There it goes.
Speaker 2: Let's start it now.
Speaker 5: What does your day job have in common with that old VCR taking up space in your attic?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have one of those in our attic. We'll get rid of anything.
Speaker 6: Seriously, what do they have in common?
Speaker 5: They are both severely outdated. It's brooken Jeffrey in the Morning. Make sure to follow our podcast by the way, rate review and subscribe if you haven't. But I say that because a new poll of two thousand working Americans found over half fifty seven percent feel that a normal nine to five job no longer works for them.
Speaker 1: O creach, Yeah, preach, let's go to four days a week.
Speaker 2: Who's with me?
Speaker 5: Per Jobs without a flexible work schedule are a completely outdated idea.
Speaker 7: Okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the problem with our job is it's really based on your job and you listening on your way to work.
Speaker 2: So if you could change that up, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: If you haven't noticed, plenty of Americans already abandoned nine to fives a while ago, started working from home, or have launched their own Etsy stores or full time influencers and creators.
Speaker 6: So their life is their job.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: That's right, very difficult stuff, But that's not all. People don't just want to work differently. The survey also found we want to be paid differently and more often too.
Speaker 7: Okay that.
Speaker 2: What you're saying.
Speaker 5: Instead of paychecks every two weeks, they prefer tinier paychecks every day.
Speaker 7: Every day, maybe a little paycheck.
Speaker 6: For each day's work that you take home with you.
Speaker 7: Okay, a life of a server that was your way.
Speaker 2: You can be broke the next morning.
Speaker 7: How it felt. I don't feel like you would barely get across the next day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think it'll feel good to have a bad day where you realize how.
Speaker 2: Little you make.
Speaker 5: The average person who only gets paid twice a month in big paycheck says they tend to blow through it all and run out of money faster because you're like, oh my God, I got two thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I can spend money on anything.
Speaker 9: But again, then you're like fifteen hundred for rent, fifty.
Speaker 7: Bucks a fill on my gas tank.
Speaker 6: It doesn't all come through.
Speaker 5: But speaking of blowing it all, come on over here Digital Jacob with a shock dollar question of the day they went all over us.
Speaker 6: We are ready to receive the questions.
Speaker 10: Well, for some reason, I cannot get the number fifty out of my head.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're back there yesterday year at it.
Speaker 10: It might be because that's the exact age gap between myself and my secret lover Brooks Mom. Or it could be because yesterday Alexis successfully identified the Rubik's Cube as the toy that's celebrating its fiftieth anniversary this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's the one. Still.
Speaker 10: Alexis was the only person who was even close on their guests, which is why today, just like fifty cent back in the year two thousand, I decided to give the rest of you a few shots he redeeming yourself.
Speaker 3: Redeeming yourself.
Speaker 10: No, you're running it back with another fiftieth anniversary edition of plenty of twenty. Just like yesterday, I'll give each of you a short description of something that happened exactly fifty years ago, and you just have to tell me what object, person or the invention is. Now, let's start with the woman who said sorry fifty times already this morning.
Speaker 3: That's Alexis. Sorry, Alexis.
Speaker 10: If you remember the lyrics, I want chicken, I want liver, it's only because you've seen Austin Powers. But the ad jingle was created for what product?
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Didn't force you to watch that movie for your guys on a new podcast, put on our website to give that idea.
Speaker 2: She had already seen it. Yeah, if I've seen it, don't it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you've seen it. So what does he say?
Speaker 2: Maybe I should watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, what else would be chicken and liver? If it's not food, we do? You have to see the brand, the dog food.
Speaker 3: Just any sort of statement would be great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll say it was for dog food, dog.
Speaker 10: Food, just looking for mew mix the cat. I want chicken, I want liver mixed meal mix, please deliver, I want to buy. Fifty years ago this year old, okay, was a guy named Howard Wexler wanted to create a board game that was played vertically. Milton Bradley ran with it and started selling it in February of nineteen seventy four. Please name that game.
Speaker 7: The only vertical game that I know and I love is Rat Trap.
Speaker 6: What about Jenga? You stacked those vertically?
Speaker 1: Oh that's really smart, helping him so much.
Speaker 7: Jenga is Swahili?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: What's his Howard Wexler?
Speaker 7: Howard wex not very Swhelan.
Speaker 2: Is that a Swahili name?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it as like building or something like that in Swahili. No, because it's the most popular vertical game, I'm gonna go Jenga.
Speaker 3: Jose said, Jenga. That is the game I was looking for. Was Connect four?
Speaker 2: I feel good when you say.
Speaker 3: Tacto played vertically? Yes, Brook, We're on to you.
Speaker 1: My mom already texted she wants you to know, apparently that your forty year difference.
Speaker 3: Loves a joke with me. Brook, your questions here?
Speaker 10: Okay, people might be familiar with this liqueur if they've gotten a whiff of Brooks thermos.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 3: But back in nineteen.
Speaker 10: Seventy four was the first time this European based alcohol hits door shelves.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 1: I mean my first people like Bailey's a lot. You know, I'm not actually a fan. I think it's too sweet.
Speaker 6: Is that from I.
Speaker 2: Think it's Irish? Isn't it would?
Speaker 7: Can I tell you what I think it is? Pepperminch. It's so good. Oh yeah, when you're an alcoholic, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: Ter God, you guys are awful.
Speaker 1: I was going Kalua, but I don't believe that that is European days.
Speaker 9: With his hint though, you are right, and Bailey's would be more event.
Speaker 2: And it felt like something my parents drink a lot of. I'm torn. I'm gonna stick with my original of going Bailey's.
Speaker 3: Brook went with Bailey's.
Speaker 11: That is.
Speaker 10: Bailey's Irish cream. Throw a little in your coffee this morning once you're done driving. Years old, this, Jeffrey, We're on to you. This cosmetic procedure might be considered pretty common if you're walking around Rodeo Drive these days, but fifty years ago, it wasn't. Back then, a father and son duo first started selling this specific type of plastic surgery, and now it's the second most.
Speaker 3: Popular in the United States. What was it?
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's the second most popular. Number one must be those jobs. So number two after that's gotta be come.
Speaker 2: On, dig down into your LA private school room. Yeah you got, Jeff, this is your question, Javin B. Yeah, what are those mom's rockets?
Speaker 12: Got?
Speaker 6: What are you thinking? I mean, I guess I'll just go with the obvious boob job.
Speaker 3: Jeff went with boob job.
Speaker 10: That is number one most popular United States right now. Nose job is number three on the list. I was looking for. LiPo suction turns fifty years old this year. Interesting, Brookie, You're the winner of edition of plenty of twenty fifty, the anniversary edition.
Speaker 5: So brook gets to choose who gets shocked today and they'll be singing candy shop by fifty cent.
Speaker 1: For disappointing his entire community where he grew up.
Speaker 7: It's definitely Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: You should know your plastic surgeons.
Speaker 6: Trust me.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of boob jobs at my school among the children, not even among the parents.
Speaker 9: So I feel like after you're born in LA, they're just like, we're gonna do the notes job and then we'll give you the baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll take it to the candy shop. I'll let you lick the La lep. That's your shock Collar question of the day.
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, We'll talk.
Speaker 5: About a missed opportunity. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Even though Saint Patrick's Day recently happened one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year, an alcohol company just announced that they'll be releasing next month pizza flavored beer. Oh yes, beer that tastes like pizza.
Speaker 6: They could have.
Speaker 5: Done this for Saint Patty's Day. People are willing to drink literally anything. Or they could have waited till October for National Pizza Month.
Speaker 1: You could go to your kitchen, right, I'll throw a slice a get a beer and do a blender and.
Speaker 7: Get it just.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 5: They decided to do it in April for some reason. I'm gonna have a picture of the pizza beer up on the Brook and inst the stories here.
Speaker 1: You know, coming up to the warm months, all you want is a stinky.
Speaker 9: Beer, and now I'm to order my beer, like, hey, can I get an I p ay Well.
Speaker 5: This alcohol company's partnered with frozen food brand Tombstone to do this, so it's not just pizza flavor, it's frozen pizza.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 1: I hope it's one of those that's been in the freezer for five months and you can kind of.
Speaker 2: Taste the freezer burn still even after you cook it.
Speaker 5: It's described as having hints of crispy crust, tangy tomato sauce, savory herbs and spices, with a spicy pepperoni finish in your beer.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, I feel like guys are gonna buy this and say they bought a girl dinner and a beer.
Speaker 5: If you're able to keep it down, then you'll enjoy the seven percent.
Speaker 6: Alcohol content offer.
Speaker 5: And the best part, this four pack of limited edition Pizza beer will cost you about fifty bucks. Wait, fifty dollars for a four pack of pizza beer.
Speaker 1: I guess they really will say I bought you beer.
Speaker 2: Actually it might count.
Speaker 9: Now and make a pizza that each slice is the equivalent of a full beer.
Speaker 5: Would you want to pay an extra for high quality products like this?
Speaker 2: That is disgusting? That is gross.
Speaker 5: That's why Laser Stories is one hundred percent free, giving you the quality that you deserve coming out.
Speaker 1: Wait, when you say that you deserve it, I don't feel like you mean it in a good way.
Speaker 6: Do deserve it? It's laser stories.
Speaker 1: Next take it.
Speaker 5: It's the radio segment that just challenged Adam Sandler to a weird mouth noises contest.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoever wins, the entire audience loses.
Speaker 6: Audience participation not encouraged. But get your tickets now with stories.
Speaker 5: The semonary red weird news stories around the glob just like everyone else does, except.
Speaker 6: We've got a laser.
Speaker 5: Those other mouth weirdos just don't. This first Laser Stories out of Canada. Thirty four year old Nick Faturo's just spent the last year living and surfing in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Oh damn so jealous.
Speaker 5: And when he got home to Toronto, he opened his mail to find a shocking letter from the government saying he was dead.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. That's how you found out. Yeah, screw the light at the end of the tunnel. You actually get it.
Speaker 6: You have to open an envelope to let you know. It was a long one too.
Speaker 5: The fourteen page letter from the Ministry of Justice was hoping to collect money from his estate for an outstanding speeding ticket that he never paid.
Speaker 6: Well, you're after that was somebody's got.
Speaker 1: To And how does a thirty four year old who just spent a year surfing in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Have an estate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does remember contesting it back in twenty twenty two, but totally forgot about it during his extended vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as one would.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: More than anything, Nick is just very grateful. His mother never saw the letter. Who was collecting his mail at the time. His mom, he said, that would have been a major shocker for her.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 5: Regardless, He's tried to call the government to let them know that he is very much alive, but can't get anybody on the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he needs to write a letter back.
Speaker 5: Thankfully, they did respond to the news station covering the story and said while they are happy to find out Nick is alive, it doesn't erase the one thousand and ninety two dollars that he owes them for the.
Speaker 6: Old speeding ticket. Oh whoops, looking at that. He's dead again.
Speaker 7: Ticket Another random country.
Speaker 6: This next laser story is out of Ohio.
Speaker 5: A thirty seven year old dad named Adam sizemoorris facing charges after he kept calling his son's school to complain that they were giving the kid too much homework.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, he did.
Speaker 5: He called the elementary school multiple times in just two days to say his son had so much homework that they didn't have any time to hang out with each other.
Speaker 7: That's kind of sad.
Speaker 5: It's kind of sweet though, that he really wants quality time with his sons.
Speaker 7: He wants to play video games.
Speaker 1: Amount of time you called the school and complained you could have just gotten the homework done.
Speaker 5: And also when he told school officials this news, he was verbally abusive to the staff and used vulgar language.
Speaker 1: I just want to bleep and hang out with my bleeping kids, they say.
Speaker 5: He threatened the principal at one point and told him he better quote put his big boy pants on because he might be coming down there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, threaten people, he gets the job done.
Speaker 5: The school eventually stopped picking up his calls. Okay, so Adam called his local police department instead.
Speaker 7: I hope the police arrested Adam.
Speaker 2: Sounds like that may have been the case.
Speaker 5: And he didn't just call once, but eighteen times. He kept asking to talk to the chief of police and said things like I pay your salary.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he.
Speaker 6: Cares about his kids.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: Eventually he spoke with the chief's assistant, who told him that he could come down to the station and talk to the Chief of Police in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Adam wasn't okay with that. He demanded the chief of Police come to his house.
Speaker 1: And they gave him options I pay the gas in those cars.
Speaker 5: That didn't happen, but several officers did show up at his house to arrest him.
Speaker 6: To come the chief.
Speaker 1: That's a homework lesson for the Kidsolation prize.
Speaker 5: He charged with menacing and telecommunications harassment, both misdemeanors. Okay, so it begs the question is this guy total psycho or best dad ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I want my parents to fight for me to knock.
Speaker 1: Yes, my dad went to jail.
Speaker 2: For my a in math.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Let's go to your next laser story out of London.
Speaker 5: Those who are lactose intolerant should probably avoid trips to Europe in the foreseeable future. And I say that because we've all heard of sushi conveyor belt restaurants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still want to go.
Speaker 2: My god, are you telling me they're gonna combine it?
Speaker 5: Well, in Britain they're doing the same thing, but with cheese.
Speaker 1: Yes, Could I just put my mouth at the end of the conveyor belt and have everything go in.
Speaker 5: The innovative restaurant is called Pick and Cheese. Their conveyor belt is almost one hundred and fifty feet long, delivering an array of cheese plates all around the restaurant, paired with complimentary condiments and snacks.
Speaker 7: So you have like the crackers waiting.
Speaker 5: I'm showing them the pictures too. It looks like really fancy dishes.
Speaker 1: They're all under glass, which you know, very different than the sushi place I go to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: And if that isn't enough, patrons can also enjoy a selection of charcouteries that are circling around the room.
Speaker 7: Like some honeycomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me some pershudo.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: Maybe the best part for cheese lovers is that Pick and Cheese offers a bottomless plates experience every Wednesday for less than thirty dollars per person.
Speaker 1: I'm hopping on the cheese tray and jaff and I'm not getting off.
Speaker 5: During this hour and fifteen minute session, guests can enjoy as many plates of cheese off of the belt as they so desire.
Speaker 2: This is so good a backfire on them.
Speaker 5: Reservations are highly recommended in order to secure a spot for.
Speaker 6: This cheese filled feast. Wow, and then probably make a reservation with your doctor.
Speaker 2: After my God, we put thee on the conveyor belt too.
Speaker 7: Desserts.
Speaker 6: God, how lazy are we?
Speaker 2: Restaurant just have a wine hose next to it. I can just suck up.
Speaker 6: This next lazer stories out of the interwebs.
Speaker 5: Are you one of those responsible adults who gets back to zero unread emails each day? Or is your inbox full of them?
Speaker 7: I'm a hybrid, so I keep it out a thousand.
Speaker 6: Oh that's that's responsible.
Speaker 2: I bet I have over thirty thousand of them.
Speaker 14: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well, a new study found letting it stay cluttered like that might be affecting you and your mental health more than you realize.
Speaker 2: I get rid of them.
Speaker 1: I'm like subscribed to eighty different things just because I want ten percent off.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Unsubscribing as the hardest part.
Speaker 5: Brook They found that a cluttered inbox can leave you feeling flustered and disorganized all the time, and it could even be costing you hundreds of dollars a year in things like unnecessary late fees if you miss a bill that's stuck in therewhere that said fifty two percent of people with cluttered in boxes claim they like the way they do things and they are going to delete Jack.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate email. I am so over it. If you need something from me text, I think everything should be on text.
Speaker 5: Well find me in person. Yeah, come come to where I work and tell me face to face if it's really that important.
Speaker 1: Just the electrical company, like, excuse me, jeff Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's why this guy doesn't even have an email anymore. If you want to reach him, he's kind of like Batman. He's got to throw a spotlight up into the sky with a Nike high top in there. That'd be and he's going to be there before you know it. And that's how means Laser Stories has come to an end for the day. We'll do it again at the same.
Speaker 12: Time on Monday, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: By now, you've probably heard all the conspiracy theories surrounding Kate Middleton.
Speaker 6: And her mysterious absence lately in the Did.
Speaker 1: I spend three hours on TikTok maybe.
Speaker 6: Going off that specifically?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, but what if I told you that's not the weirdest celebrity rumor that's been making its way around the Internet. Lately, a bunch of really strange theories have been popping up, including one about the real identity of Taylor Swift. We're gonna dive into some of the wildest ones and some I think you might actually be true. We're gonna do it coming up. What is really going on with Kate Middleton?
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the Morning tell us this has.
Speaker 5: Been everywhere after she got abdominal surgery in January. Has been totally m i a except for the weird photoshopped image of her that came out on British Mother's Day, which she took responsibility for. Some people think she's actually dead and her sister Pippa is going around pretending to be her. Some say she's preparing to become the next celeb to appear on The Masked Singer True. Some people think she's divorcing Prince William after he had a romantic affair. And I will say, I remember Alexis taking a trip to London not too long ago, returning home looking awfully happy.
Speaker 2: You tell me that Harry would be more your type. Get into the family. Some people make sacrifices.
Speaker 5: Lots of speculation around Kate and the Royals, but this is definitely not the first time the public has spiraled into wild conspiracies about famous celebs. A lot of people think that I'm Hugh Jackman's butt double in the Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Movie when I first because of the hair.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna comment on that, but THEOD find some of the most interesting ones for us.
Speaker 3: To dive into today.
Speaker 5: Craziest conspiracy theories like this one says Kylie Jenner is secretly broke. I've heard this because some people think the Kardashians are all living way beyond their means and have totally run out of money, especially Kylie though, because she's been day catch up. She's been desperately trying to sell her eight figure Beverly Hills mansion lately. She already owns over eighty million dollars in real estate that she constantly is to pay mortgages and staffing season You think your age.
Speaker 2: Always, can you imagine what AC costs for that.
Speaker 5: She's got a seventy three million dollar private jet, and they say the only reason that she keeps launching all these new businesses isn't because she's so passionate about being an entrepreneur, because she desperately needs the money.
Speaker 8: Oh she is hitting like every angle of like clothes, makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything they do.
Speaker 1: Feel like I mean, Kardashians feel like they're running their own QBC channel at this point.
Speaker 4: Don't you think I think?
Speaker 5: I think they put out the best products in the world personally.
Speaker 1: Okay, I sorry, Yeah, I got a Skims brawn I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't need to know everybody's underway in the room. Okay, let's move on. Now we're moving on. Here's a weird one.
Speaker 5: Some say John Sina's naked Oscar skit was a secret Satanic ritual.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 5: John Cena at the Oscars came out to present the award for Best Costume Design and went on stage holding nothing but an envelope covering his little job.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because it's costume design, but he's naked.
Speaker 6: Or is it more than that?
Speaker 5: Because conspiracy theorists say he was secretly performing a Satanic humiliation ritual, which was a signal to fellow Satanists in Hollywood, who will now give him even higher paid acting roles and make him even more famous than ever before.
Speaker 7: The number one Sorry, there's.
Speaker 1: No way that man is humiliated did you see his muscles.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the craziest celebrity conspiracy theories that have been floating around the Internet lately, and this next one, Okay, I might actually believe this.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Keanu Reeves is immortal?
Speaker 5: Hear him say some say they think he's part of a secret society of immortals that's existed for centuries amongst humans. And they say he's been photographed at major historical events throughout time.
Speaker 1: So he was actually in the theater when Abraham Lincoln was shot.
Speaker 2: He was one of the actors.
Speaker 8: I feel like our listeners might believe this about Brooks's immortal wilts.
Speaker 7: It was John webs Bood.
Speaker 6: It's all coming together.
Speaker 5: I believe Plus hasn't really aged at all across the three decades that we've been seeing.
Speaker 1: Never is doing his botox or filler or whatever he's getting done. You can't tell.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, he doesn't look like fake.
Speaker 6: He's got the same plastic surgeons as the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: I heard they don't look real Jeffery, So I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Next conspiracy theory, Beyonce is actually Solange's mom.
Speaker 12: What you ever heard this?
Speaker 7: And I actually think I have.
Speaker 5: Some people believe Beyonce gave birth to Solange when she was a teenager and her parents decided to raise Solange as their own to allow Beyonce to continue pursuing music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but their age difference isn't enough for that.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: They're five years difference.
Speaker 6: You know how easy it is to forge a birth certificate?
Speaker 2: Brook, No, it's public record, public record.
Speaker 5: If anybody could go in and change it, it would be Beyonce.
Speaker 6: She has that power.
Speaker 7: That's where it's proven.
Speaker 4: Fall Come on, have fun, jumpy.
Speaker 5: Next conspiracy, Taylor Swift is actually a famous Satanist from.
Speaker 6: The nineteen nineties. We all know that one's true.
Speaker 5: Don't need to explain onto the next celebrity. How about this, Katie Holmes had her own secret entrance installed at Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: This compared to the satanist Taylor Swift that was.
Speaker 5: Just proven true by Whole Foods is the favorite grocery store of Satanists all around the world.
Speaker 2: I have seen a lot of naked people in the produce.
Speaker 6: They said.
Speaker 5: In order to evade Papa Rozzi after she divorced Tom Cruise, she moved to an apartment in Manhattan right above a Whole Foods, and the building architecture allowed her to go from her apartment down into the grocery store through a secret set of stairs.
Speaker 2: Just a set of stairs. At everybody in the apartment complex it was allowed to use.
Speaker 6: No one will ever know.
Speaker 9: Remind you, jeff used to live above a grocery store.
Speaker 6: I will have you killed for sake.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And it turns out the thing with the Cole Foods might actually be true, because gawker proof Whole Foods sometimes do have secret entrances for VIP clientele.
Speaker 15: That real.
Speaker 2: How do we get it past.
Speaker 1: To one of those who needs a key to the city, Give me the key to the secret entrance.
Speaker 5: The whole mood text in to seven, eight, five, nine to two tell us, do you believe the latest conspiracy theory that Brooke Fox is actually a vampire that keeps her youthful appearance by feeding on the blood of orphan children.
Speaker 7: She's a lizard person.
Speaker 2: I love how you say. I'm reverse agings.
Speaker 6: Your phone TAP's coming up next.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Today's phone tap took weeks of planning to pull off because one of our listeners asked us to prank her sister, and they're scheduled to have a lunch date at this very fancy restaurant. So we told her after they put in their order with the waiter, she should excuse herself to the bathroom and text us what dish her sister got what? And just stay in there until we're done. You're gonna understand why when you hear it in your phone tab right now.
Speaker 12: It's another Hello Hello?
Speaker 6: Uh Denise? Is it?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Who is it?
Speaker 6: Are you you just al Visto?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, perfect. So I have a couple of questions about your order.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Who is this?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 5: I guess you could call me your chef. I guess this is more of a loose term. My name is Box.
Speaker 16: What's your name?
Speaker 6: Box?
Speaker 12: Fox?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: You got you have it? Box?
Speaker 16: Okay, So help me out here. I just put my order in with the waiter.
Speaker 5: Yes I know this, But I am the one who's making your food today across the way at my place.
Speaker 15: Why I'm a restaurant you you do not.
Speaker 5: Think that they actually make the meals inside the restaurant?
Speaker 16: Do you know?
Speaker 6: That's how I know you are a funny woman, this is funny.
Speaker 11: I don't think it's funny.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 6: See, this is not how restaurants work anymore.
Speaker 5: No food is actually cooked there, not after the recent health violations.
Speaker 16: Help violation.
Speaker 6: Yes, so it is just me in my kitchen right now. Box.
Speaker 5: I'm making the orders from all over. In fact, I just made a big mac off of YouTube.
Speaker 6: It's quite easy.
Speaker 16: No, this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is sounding very crazy, I know, but I love it. I am looking at your order here. You want the pork medallions with a sweet onion demi g lies?
Speaker 6: Is it glass?
Speaker 15: And how would you even know that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yes, with the waiter he has texted me or order, so I can't have you number. I do think that he has spelled the food item wrong. It sounds very fancy, Dennis. Do you know how to spell demig lies so I can type it into the YouTube.
Speaker 1: I'm not selling for you.
Speaker 11: If you don't know what you probably shouldn't be cooking.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Please, I have another order coming in from the olive garden. Can you please hold chop.
Speaker 1: Chop?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, this is cringing.
Speaker 11: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Can you excuse me? Come here? Please?
Speaker 6: Okay, I am back. I apologize for the wait. Just so you know. I have run out of the sesame seed buds. So are you okay? If I.
Speaker 5: Can get them at seven eleven for for very cheap.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 12: I ordered pork medallions with sweet onionem Wait, is this not Chad? No?
Speaker 6: I apologize. I have so many people on hold.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I just is there is there anybody inside of this restaurant named Chad?
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 16: I don't know. I want to make this.
Speaker 17: We're so clear you're not cooking anything for me.
Speaker 3: You understand.
Speaker 6: The burghers are for Chad.
Speaker 1: I don't want burgers.
Speaker 18: I don't know who Chad is, and I don't want you cooking for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you just put me on your speaker phone, I would shout for him and perhaps he will answer you.
Speaker 19: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, But your sister, Rachel, she never mentioned you had such a fifty mouth.
Speaker 6: It's been very surprising for me. How do you know my sister she is in the restroom right now.
Speaker 5: She said I should put minimal effort into your meal and into this prank phone call on you.
Speaker 11: I'm are you serious right now?
Speaker 5: Your sister Rachel asked us to do a phone tap on you. My name is jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: You're on the radio.
Speaker 5: Your sister Rachel has been planning this for weeks. She told us about your reservation at this nice restaurant, so she went away to the restroom just to tell us what you ordered so we could call you.
Speaker 20: You don't understand this is a very nice restaurant and screaming, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, I understand that you are very angry, but before you go, do you know how to spend DEMI? It is a complicated word that's familiar.
Speaker 6: And how much? How much would you be tipping me tonight? You're a naughty woman.
Speaker 12: The weak up every morning was fun taps on the twenties, freaking Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: In the morning, Alexis.
Speaker 5: If you ran into a really hot guy at Target and you wanted to meet him, what's your strategy? Do you just walk right up and introduce yourself directly?
Speaker 6: Do you accident?
Speaker 5: Are you going more cooy like accidentally crash your shopping cart into his cart down one of the aisles?
Speaker 1: Oops, I carry a basket.
Speaker 2: I don't do a cart. Carts are embarrassing?
Speaker 5: Or do you throw a bottle of shower gel on the floor and say, oh no, I dropped the soap and now there's bubbles all over me.
Speaker 2: You take my clothes off.
Speaker 5: I wish it was around man and that could help me. Darn.
Speaker 6: He really went to the clothes off thing pretty quickly.
Speaker 12: He says, hot.
Speaker 7: We were going to go with bring that up well.
Speaker 5: One of our listeners went a slightly different route when she saw a hot guy at Target and hatched a play that was so devious who even Alexis approved. Yes, it does involve secretly contacting the guy's mother. You're gonna hear how she went the extra mile to get herself a date in your brand new second date update.
Speaker 6: Oh no, my clothes up.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it, your selections, We're gonna do it right after this hold on second date up date. Most people will tell you can't force true love to happen.
Speaker 7: Everyone should tell you.
Speaker 5: But maybe you can trick love into existence. What you know, put your hands on love a little bit, mold.
Speaker 6: It a certain way, considering love.
Speaker 5: Brooke did it when she threw herself in front of her husband's car when he was trying to leave his work at the TV station.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And then she was like.
Speaker 5: Well, I could sue you, or you could take me out to dinner.
Speaker 1: You could look forever find that guy that's uninsured.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of lawsuits.
Speaker 5: And Brook's not the only person who's tried to meddle her way into someone's heart. One of our listeners, Kendra, says that she ran some interference to get herself a date with a guy. But she says, if we can get him to answer, because you know, sometimes people won't, but if he does, we are not allowed to tell him the real background story what she is willing to tell us though. So let's welcome Kendra to the show. Kendra, how you doing?
Speaker 16: I'm great? How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Give us some new ideas.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like you have some maniacal plan that you hatched.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so can we learn the name of the guy?
Speaker 16: Oh my gosh, I mean his name is Jacoby.
Speaker 2: Jacoby, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, how soon into meeting Jacoby did you know like I need to know this guy, he needs to be with me.
Speaker 2: It was instant, instant.
Speaker 16: I was stopping at Target and there was this spark when I saw him, So I casually sort of followed him through the stores he was shopping and street.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you weren't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's some reason I see you slipping.
Speaker 5: From I picture like giggling coming from.
Speaker 6: Behind the record clo.
Speaker 2: Hiding in the middle of a closes rack.
Speaker 16: Yes, And then I was behind him and I went to check out and I was able to just barely see his credit card when he put it into the machine, and I saw his name.
Speaker 2: Oh, say number.
Speaker 13: No, I saw his name, and.
Speaker 16: He didn't see me, and so he left the store.
Speaker 6: And wait, you didn't say hi to him?
Speaker 16: No, I was just.
Speaker 1: Well, Jacoby said, Jacoby's probably amazing even I remembered it.
Speaker 6: What do you do with his name?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 16: Well, I went to social media?
Speaker 2: Obviously you can find someone just by Wow.
Speaker 5: I love how you act like you've never tried to look someone up on social media before.
Speaker 1: But someone that I've already met, not someone I've never talked.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they look like? And you see the profile pig too.
Speaker 6: Were you able to find him, Kendra?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, god, you have a private detector in this.
Speaker 6: You were able to learn anything about him from it?
Speaker 16: Yeah? Well, I was able to determine from his social media that he was single.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, how.
Speaker 5: Do you end up like actually getting in contact with the guy. When does that happen?
Speaker 16: Well, I didn't actually reach out to him right then, but I did find his mom's Facebook.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, you're deep in this.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to make sure it does have a hotter brother?
Speaker 16: Why would you go to Well, it just seemed like it would be even more natural if there was a different way that I was introduced.
Speaker 1: Huh, dide, you're going to DM his mom.
Speaker 16: Well, it turns out that his mom is in a book club that's in my area.
Speaker 2: Okay, so okay, and.
Speaker 16: I love to read, so I sent a request to the book club to see if I could join.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, okay, it's just you and a bunch of sixty year old women in a book dub.
Speaker 16: Yeah. I went to the book club, and my god, we started up a.
Speaker 2: Conversation and organically obviously, well.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and she was really nice and she thought I was really sweet and charming. So you know, I just happened to mention that I was single, and you know, there are no good single guys out there.
Speaker 1: And you know, that's the literally the opening for any mom to then introduce.
Speaker 7: The sun, which reminds me, Barbara, do you have any children?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the bait's been cast.
Speaker 6: So what did what did the mom say?
Speaker 16: Well, she asked me for my phone number that you could pass on to him.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, it's such a mom thing.
Speaker 1: Dude, if you found this, if you found out a woman with this far to meet you, would you be complimented or creeped out?
Speaker 5: This is the type of thing you don't actually tell them until you're into your like twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So now you've given your phone number to this guy's mom, and does he reach out to you?
Speaker 6: I'm guessing yeah.
Speaker 16: A couple of days later, I got you must have a.
Speaker 7: Good relationship with his mom.
Speaker 1: Then his mom had a picture of her from Facebook, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So were you able to get a.
Speaker 3: Date out of it?
Speaker 16: I did?
Speaker 21: He did that.
Speaker 16: He asked me on a date, so it worked.
Speaker 6: Give us a nutshell of how the date went.
Speaker 16: It was a real casual date. We went and had coffee and you know, I made sure it was cute. We actually started talking about our respective dating histories, and.
Speaker 2: That's a lot over coffee.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean we were talking about specifics, you know. Just he said he's been in love with two people in his life.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, what did you say to his two loves?
Speaker 16: I told him the truth. I don't think I've ever been in love.
Speaker 1: Oh I feel like that would be a good answer it men take it as a challenge, wouldn't you try me?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 5: At no point during this coffee day did it ever come up like the real way that you met him.
Speaker 16: No, no, it did not.
Speaker 6: All right, so how did it end? Oh?
Speaker 16: It was a very natural, normal feeling date, and it gave me a nice say hug.
Speaker 2: Have you see his mom a book club?
Speaker 16: Yeah, she's kind of alienating me. She's getting farther away.
Speaker 2: That means shar talk.
Speaker 6: Nothing's worse than book club drama. Yikes.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, according to your email, that date happened about a week ago. So we're gonna come back and try and call Jacoby here for you. And remember, we can't tell him anything about how she actually got this to happen, So we just talk about the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I think that that's fine.
Speaker 5: They're just going to talk about his two true loves when we come back and get your second date update.
Speaker 6: We got enough to come here, I'll do it right after this. Hold on second date update.
Speaker 5: This is one of the most interesting dating stories that we've heard in a while about how someone gets together and just try to follow me on this. So girl sees cute guy at target, follows him to the register, sees his name on his credit card, takes it home, and finds his social media determines he's single.
Speaker 2: Each step is getting a little bit wild.
Speaker 6: This is where it takes a turn.
Speaker 5: Connects with his mom, joins her local book club, befriends her, and casually mentions that she can't find any good single men anywhere these days.
Speaker 1: It does kind of read like the start of a horror film, single white female thing.
Speaker 5: But the next thing you know, she's on a date with Target boy himself.
Speaker 6: An in depth discussion about true love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's wild because now not only is he not calling her back, but his mother is also avoiding her at the book clubs.
Speaker 7: Something happened.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, and we have to take all of that information and put it to the side, forget it. We cannot talk about any of it. Kendra has specifically asked not to bring it up. If we're able to get Jacoby on the phone.
Speaker 1: There's some good stuff to talk about still, though, you know, Kendra, are you worried that he's somehow found out everything that Jeffrey just said?
Speaker 16: No, No, there's just no.
Speaker 5: I guess she's hiding underneath his desk at work, right and he hasn't mentioned it once, so he has no idea. Let's give him a call, though, and hopefully we'll get a reason or see if there is a reason why he's not calling you back for date number two.
Speaker 6: But here we go. I'm dialing his number right now. He Hello, Hey, is this Jacoby?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Didn't he Jacoby?
Speaker 7: We found ye.
Speaker 6: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hello, We're really excited to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Man, oh man, you don't even.
Speaker 11: Know all right, I'm not I'm not too familiar with the show radio station.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 5: So we're we're doing something called the Second Date Update, and one of our listeners has asked us to reach out to you to try and figure out if we can get you on a second date with her, because you've already gone out with her once.
Speaker 6: Her name's Kendra.
Speaker 11: Ken Kendra, Yeah, I know Kendra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you guys went to coffee together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I kind of set you guys up.
Speaker 11: It is weird. How do you guys know all this question?
Speaker 5: Well, she told us about it, at least a little bit of it, not like every single detail.
Speaker 1: But she said that you.
Speaker 2: She met your mom at their book club.
Speaker 11: This is true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she said there was a really nice coffee date. You had a nice conversation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we were. It was a nice time. But well, I'm sorry, where's this going? Like what's happening right now?
Speaker 5: We're trying to help her figure out, like why a second date hasn't happened?
Speaker 6: Like, how do you feel about Kendra?
Speaker 11: She's cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have a plan to call her and ask her out again?
Speaker 11: Uh? This is very awkward. I don't on that. It's okay, okay, hold on, hold on. It's not bad, guys. It's not like it's not a bad thing. It's just I don't see it long term.
Speaker 2: How can you tell in one coffee day? I mean, it feels like you would need more than that.
Speaker 6: Well made you say that?
Speaker 11: So she is not really big on love.
Speaker 14: She actually told me she's never been in love before at all, like ever.
Speaker 1: Okay, it doesn't mean she's not big on love. It just means that she's never been in the right relationship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is that how she said it? She said I don't like love.
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, no, she didn't say she don't like it.
Speaker 15: She says she's never been in love ever in her life.
Speaker 11: Well, not everybody has understood understood. But here's my mindset. I want to settle down.
Speaker 14: I want one person to be committed to like that's it, like my person. And it does concern me, and it does worry me that maybe the reason why she hasn't found love is that maybe she doesn't want it at all, like it's not wanted, and maybe she's still probably.
Speaker 11: Playing in the field. I'm not sure, but it does. It does raise my eyebrow. It does raise it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say, like you didn't want to be your first love because first love is so chaotic and rash, and.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well this so now you're not even willing to give her a second date. That's where your stance is on her.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure she's ready for a commitment. I'm not.
Speaker 21: You not upset you my.
Speaker 11: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hey, sorry to U kind of spring this on you, hear, Jacobe. But Kenja has been listening to this conversation on the other line quietly the other time well, which I gotta say is totally unlike her.
Speaker 15: So I cannot even believe this.
Speaker 16: Okay, you're questioning my commitment and you don't even know what I went through to meet you.
Speaker 13: What do you mean?
Speaker 11: What do you mean?
Speaker 16: I saw you in Target? There was something special about you. I mean the way you put your stuff in the card and you were.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no, no you you must have had it mistaken, like you met my mom at a book club.
Speaker 11: You didn't meet me at Target.
Speaker 16: That was not an accident.
Speaker 13: I followed you to the register, and I saw your name on your credit card, and I went to social.
Speaker 18: Media and.
Speaker 11: Wait, wait, whoa, no.
Speaker 18: No, no, just Kobe, you're gonna listen to me.
Speaker 21: And I found your mom and I found out that she was in a book club right around the corner from my house.
Speaker 18: So I asked it joined the book club, but that process, and I went to the foot clubs and I met your darling mother and wait, daddy, and she no, I'm not gonna wait, You're gonna listen.
Speaker 21: Okay, process mother, do you know how many recipes that woman has for chickens? And I said, so happens I'm single?
Speaker 16: She said, oh, you're free and charming. I have I have a single fun.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I'm done. I'm not I'm not listening to anymore of this. I don't need to hear any more of this.
Speaker 6: So is this?
Speaker 5: Is this the kind of stable woman that you've been looking for? You at this entire time?
Speaker 21: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna permitted, were maybe a little right.
Speaker 2: We had no idea that that was going to happen.
Speaker 18: You shut up.
Speaker 13: You knew exactly what was going to happen.
Speaker 3: You told us not to mention you knew.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, this is okay.
Speaker 11: I don't I don't know what crazy we call that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jo, I think you're being a little bit too harsh on the woman that just realized that she loves you. Oh God, you shadowed her cold, cold heart, and after years of not finding any love, she finally found it.
Speaker 21: Sarcastic, don't you know I had to look to find all of your stuff?
Speaker 18: Jacoby.
Speaker 5: You know, Kendra, I think you you've proven your commitment. I think he gets the point. Why don't you take a breath for a second and just let us talk to Jacoby a little bit.
Speaker 16: But I tell you your oil needs to be changed. That's Necker is off you.
Speaker 2: Oil. I think it's an analogy, but I'm not.
Speaker 16: You know it's right on his car window.
Speaker 12: What is going on?
Speaker 1: We don't know anymore, Jacoby, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I regret supporting this at the beginning.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, like no, no, if anything, I feel like I've dodged a bullet, and.
Speaker 5: The only Dakobe This bullet isn't able to be dodged. Even though it's not Valentine's Day, it's going straight for the heart.
Speaker 2: There's normally bullets on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 6: Want to upgrade and get with the time on you.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned.
Speaker 5: I just need to ask Jacoby if you would like to see Kendrick one more time.
Speaker 12: You couldn't even.
Speaker 2: Say that with a straight face, whether you say yes or no.
Speaker 5: She would love to hang out again, and I'm unpack all of this information face to face and we would.
Speaker 6: Pay for that meet up.
Speaker 11: You guys give like give cars for a straight orders. I'll do that.
Speaker 2: This department shook.
Speaker 5: I think we do have a gift card to the subway across from the courthouse, so that would get you pretty close if you meet Kendra there.
Speaker 6: No I need answer. Oh answer, No I'm not I'm not doing this.
Speaker 11: I'm not doing this.
Speaker 6: Hang up, and yeah, I did not see that coming.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: If love doesn't work after this, then I don't know how it.
Speaker 1: Ever, if you need the audio for your case, just go to our podcast.
Speaker 16: When y'all could just drop the sarcasm and your podcast stuck.
Speaker 6: She has a point, so she is committed to that, to hating our podcast. So I stand by here brooking Jeffrey in the morning. I mean, that call did not go quite how we want to.
Speaker 2: This is like the second time in a couple of weeks that I feel bad.
Speaker 6: You feel bad about helping people.
Speaker 1: The other person.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we had no idea what we're dealing there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will say we did hold up our end of the agreement, though we didn't tell him the truth of how they met.
Speaker 6: She offered that up all by herself.
Speaker 7: I know, I like, how rude him that I am committed.
Speaker 2: I started with what if he knows? And she's like, there's no way he could ever find out? Yeah, okay, terrible secret keeper.
Speaker 5: I felt like another ten seconds, Jose would have been the one to let it slide, but nope, we stayed strong. You did it and you can't end this on us. And for that, I'm giving everybody in the room a gold star.
Speaker 7: For the day and for the record. I said it under my breath like a million times.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, But if you ever want to get a second day update, I promise you we can do a better job than this.
Speaker 2: I just want to go to that book club with the mom. Didn't hear all the ladies gossip about what just happened.
Speaker 6: You're already part of a book club.
Speaker 16: I know.
Speaker 6: Email the show if you ever need help though with your dating life.
Speaker 5: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and check out all of our second dates on our podcast at Brooke and Jeffrey wherever you get.
Speaker 12: Yours freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know, there's only been two times in my whole life where I made my father cry oh wow?
Speaker 2: On purpose or was it a sweet moment?
Speaker 6: I was never on purpose?
Speaker 5: The first was when he caught me in my room looking at a certain magazine. Oh well, it was actually a map book and I was circling all the truck stops in a ten.
Speaker 6: Mile radius and he just could not take it.
Speaker 12: Oh stops.
Speaker 6: Something for that place.
Speaker 5: The other time, though, it happened when I was thirteen years old at my bar mitz.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's actually and this.
Speaker 5: Is true, when I got up in front of the entire congregation and I sang that infamous song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which was this guy.
Speaker 1: That one?
Speaker 5: And when I was singing, I looked out into the crowd and there was my dad in the front row with tears just streaming down.
Speaker 2: His proud mother was taking notes on all the things.
Speaker 11: You were doing.
Speaker 5: And Jeffrey, I don't know if he was proud and was like tears of joy or if he knew at that moment my life was doomed forever. Let's make my dad cry one more time when I go live in front of a nationwide audience with my brand new song of the week.
Speaker 6: It's coming up. It is time for my song of the week.
Speaker 5: And when you think of springtime, what are the things that immediately jump into your mind?
Speaker 6: Flowers, blooming for sure, bees buzzing, swallows, swallowing. Almost picture it right now, I bet you are.
Speaker 5: But one of the biggest signs that spring is here, at least for me, is the official start of baseball season. It's back, baby, you got professional baseball and all the major leaguers making hundreds of millions of dollars adjusting their sports cups.
Speaker 7: And that's just the sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's totally fun to watch, but really, the true passion of the sport starts in the little league.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, done, Brooks kids are doing it right now.
Speaker 1: I'm assistant coaching two teams third base coach right here. That's right.
Speaker 6: In fact, Brook's son doesn't even know the coach is his real father.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's exactly the type of ways that baseball brings us all together.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's gonna be awkward at next practice, Jeff.
Speaker 5: And well, I know it's really exciting for all the kids, for the parents moments somewhere, I mean, you have to look beyond the three crying kids on the bench and the little boy wildly swinging the bat around near the coach's baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the eighteen emails to help volunteer please volunteer. You need to be volunteering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of stress around being a parent of a little leaguer, but it's a unique time and it needs to be selling.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why, in honor of the start of Little league baseball, instead of doing smash mouths, might as well be walking on the sun. It's young Jeffries should bench that kid, But he's the coach's son.
Speaker 6: One so good already, you know it's true. All right, I'm gonna point when i'm ready points good.
Speaker 22: Spring has a woe and now my nightmare span of sign my kid up for the local little league. But half the kids out there just crying and to buy and watch them swing and miss ten times while them balls said on a tea.
Speaker 6: Their tiny things kirtz grass the wrong end of the fat. How many runs's that?
Speaker 7: No one knows?
Speaker 3: They don't keep tracking.
Speaker 20: It always happens parents, yeapping un conventional kids, eyes on the ball, be like Shakira, now and swing with your hips.
Speaker 6: At second base.
Speaker 22: Bad both all hits the runner down south out in left field.
Speaker 20: There's price head turn chasing butterflies, just like our old college days.
Speaker 7: They're headed straight for third base.
Speaker 22: We never want should bench that kid bug, he's a coach's son.
Speaker 6: No, jaydon run the other way.
Speaker 17: The other way you gotta know when all tells boo shout out to the dug out puffy chess in while suggesting.
Speaker 19: They know more than the coach in their full down chairs.
Speaker 7: Day wine, all down the foul line.
Speaker 19: More shrieking and clacking than a boo from a Laddin.
Speaker 17: Yeah, some kids as like Klaus little Jack just pulling his pants down.
Speaker 6: Keep from mine day one. Please don't eat dirt off of them, mound Bud.
Speaker 17: Each team is gonna get one all star kid does more smashing and dashing than flashing hulkaverd sat to say somehow hard there's not a loud big Stanley come by by side, let's say it and filled with sprite.
Speaker 6: And if they parent it's hard bread. They'll do the world's saddest way by standing up looks like go water rippled in a.
Speaker 3: Come oh, come on now, Paris.
Speaker 7: The seven of us can do better than that.
Speaker 12: Ready one, two.
Speaker 19: Three, Marbles will smolder at the young hot assistant coach, the catcher's mom dropping him.
Speaker 6: She's down to Mota. I heard a cheer look over some kids. Just Scorida Homer, now the team.
Speaker 20: Mom's all jacked up on her fourteen diet soda. Every ass fat chief clasps louder than an imax brought. The mama brought the stacks of a rice Chrispy snack. So grab your packs and just relax, because even last place still gets trophies and free pizza.
Speaker 3: Che Tu party.
Speaker 17: Something so talty that by shout, those bath pangs all come out.
Speaker 6: I love tear me up right, God.
Speaker 7: Who made all baseball pants fly?
Speaker 20: And while my kids had to play, I got one eye on his face, the other one streaming MLB on MS one.
Speaker 5: The little Leager season has been gone, where every hits an in videos.
Speaker 6: Home ride just sad on that old bleachers in the sun, that snacks shot corn dot g even beat the Russ.
Speaker 4: Oh God, baseball, let's go dude.
Speaker 1: My dad coached me growing up and we weren't allowed to get ice cream unless we won.
Speaker 2: Oh my husband said that was messed up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think we should go back to it.
Speaker 6: And you walk him after the game too.
Speaker 12: And I'm not.
Speaker 2: Overly competitive or anything.
Speaker 7: No healthy, I want to tell everyone go to a literly game. But then I'm like, I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Could just randomly go to other Sure, sure you can.
Speaker 7: I don't think I could.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't be the grown man who's just wandering around the.
Speaker 2: Leap You're okay to go to they're looking for volunteers of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, text in seventy eight five, tell us what you thought about the song of the week. We'll post this video up on all of our socials at Brooke and Jeffrey on our TikTok, on our YouTube and Instagram everywhere with all the lyrics and happy baseball and out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your.
Speaker 6: Song of the week.
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We got a text to seventy five nine two that says I loved playing Little League baseball when I was a kid. Yeah, I mean hated the sport, but the post game nachos and slushy from the snack hut where everything.
Speaker 7: All we had was what tell the Brook orange slices. That's all I as an adult, and that's.
Speaker 3: Not what everyone likes.
Speaker 1: The chips of the fig tees and oranges. We had pepper belly with freedom chips and you put chili over the top.
Speaker 5: So good we I'm so cavvy are Bagelsay?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But if you missed it, instead of singing the old hit song by smash Mouth, might as well be walking on the sun saying my own version called should bench that kid, but he's the coach's son. Great to celebrate the start of little league baseball and all the parents who get to witness the sheer chaos that unfolds.
Speaker 6: On the diamond in front of them, and so more texts coming in on the text board. Ye, Brook, what do you got?
Speaker 12: I love it?
Speaker 1: This one says, OMG, I'm crushing on my son's little league coach so hard this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he might be married.
Speaker 1: But okay, but they say there's no crid in baseball and no wonder where either.
Speaker 6: Oh is that the rule?
Speaker 7: Extra underweard?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe not for the parents.
Speaker 6: I had mine during the song. Maybe I shouldake them off and do it again.
Speaker 5: But if you missed it, if you want to hear it one more time, it's going to be up at the Brook and Jeffery YouTube on our Facebook, Instagram, and our TikTok all of it at Broke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Is that your favorite little leaguer?
Speaker 12: Brook and Jeffrey In the morning.
Speaker 5: We got some fresh meat on the phone player Derek, who is coaching his three daughters in basketball, ages fourteen, twelve.
Speaker 6: And nine. Oh, Derek, you know, if you have a couple more babies, you could feel the whole team.
Speaker 15: What do you think I would have loved that, but a little too much for my wife.
Speaker 11: I think.
Speaker 9: Are they just basketballs constantly bouncing around your house?
Speaker 7: Inside? Outside?
Speaker 11: Yep, yep?
Speaker 15: Every night.
Speaker 7: I used to annoy my mom my. Dad gave us a basketball hoop one summer and I annoyed the crap.
Speaker 3: Out of my mom.
Speaker 7: I was like, Oh, I'll just go outside and do it and she can still hear it on the baby outside.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 5: What's the number one lesson that you want your daughters to learn from basketball?
Speaker 15: Just to enjoy it and have fun?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: I heard you say? Is everything?
Speaker 7: She's just like Draymond Green, throw rights and left hulks. That's how you play basketball.
Speaker 6: It's worked for him.
Speaker 2: Don't get ejected. Are you even playing?
Speaker 3: Are you driving? Hair?
Speaker 6: All right? We got the competitive energy going in the studio.
Speaker 5: We'll see how Derek does. We're sending him brook out and while she leaves let's go over the rules. He got thirty seconds to answer as many questions as possible. If you don't know when, you can say past. But you have to beat brook outright if you want to win. Are you ready, Derek?
Speaker 11: Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 5: Your time starts now. Reese Witherspoon celebrates a birthday today. Was she born in Alabama? Mississippi or Louisiana?
Speaker 15: Alabama?
Speaker 5: What kind of juice is used in a bloody Mary tomato? With thirteen thousand spaces?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 5: West Coast Airport Parking Garage is the second largest parking lot in the world.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: What video game company is a ten percent owner of the Seattle Mariners. Chum Lee is a reality TV star on What Show? In the board game Battleship? How many hits does it take to sink the biggest ship? An aircraft carrier?
Speaker 11: Five?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 11: Work there, Derek.
Speaker 5: Brooks are gonna come back into the studio. And I see here that Derek is also the CEO of a tech startup company that makes smart light switches. How's that going, Derek?
Speaker 11: Pretty good?
Speaker 15: Pretty good? We're about nine years in and doing well.
Speaker 7: We're so smart about him.
Speaker 15: So with smart light bulbs, you've got to keep the light switch on all the time from work with Alex and these other things. So ours are just the switches that you can turn on and off. But the key invention is that anybody can insult in a few seconds without turning off the power.
Speaker 2: Didn't we already have switches you can turn.
Speaker 12: On and off.
Speaker 6: Derek invented that. Okay, that was his idea.
Speaker 9: He means, you can turn the light off, but it'll stay connected to your echo and everything correct.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, if the lights are that smart, maybe they can call in and play win Brooks Bucks one day too.
Speaker 7: My gosh, what is one of the lights?
Speaker 2: What did the lights make me feel?
Speaker 12: Dumb?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We're gonna feel dumb here in the second. You gotta answer your questions. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This hope a light bob goes off.
Speaker 11: For your band.
Speaker 5: Your time starts now. Reese Witherspoon celebrates a birthday today. Was she born in Alabama, Mississippi or Louisiana?
Speaker 2: Louisiana?
Speaker 5: What kind of juice is used in a bloody Mary tomato? With thirteen thousand spaces?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: West Coast Airport Parking Garage is the second largest parking lot in.
Speaker 2: The world Seattle Tacoma Airport.
Speaker 5: What Video Game Company is a ten percent owner of the Seattle Mariners Nintendo.
Speaker 6: Chum Lee is a reality TV star on What show.
Speaker 2: Love is Blind?
Speaker 5: In the board game Battleship, how many hits does it take to sink the biggest ship an aircraft carrier?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, this was an interesting one.
Speaker 15: I think I don't know.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go over the scoreboard to find out. Let's go to Jose.
Speaker 3: Patrol Man.
Speaker 7: I love the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Derek, you got to correct today?
Speaker 4: Ooh nozo?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you got the same amount of questions in is my smart light switch on? Her off?
Speaker 7: You are smarter than a smart switch. You got five?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 7: My good game.
Speaker 5: Tough go on your first try there, Derek. Let's go over the answers for everybody. Reese Witherspoon has a birthday today. She was born in Louisiana. She turns forty eight today. Happy birthday. It's great, bloody Mary uses tomato juice in it. There's thirteen thousand spaces in the second largest parking lot in the world.
Speaker 6: That's at SeaTac Airport.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The only reason I know that is because it's like a fun fact. My husband loves to talk about it. It is a bit because at one point I think it was the biggest when it was, and he, for some reason, has a lot of passion behind that fun fact.
Speaker 6: Just like brings it up at wedding, birthday party, comes.
Speaker 2: Up more than it should.
Speaker 5: The video game company that's ten percent owner of the Seattle Mariners is Nintendo. Chum Lee is a reality TV star on Pond Stars.
Speaker 15: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when the side characters in the board game Battleship an aircraft carrier is sunk after five hits.
Speaker 2: Both got because I love to take my kids down.
Speaker 15: A regular played game.
Speaker 6: Yeah nice, It wasn't enough to beat Brooke today.
Speaker 5: But just for playing you do win two tickets to see Lil Wayne perform at the Tacomadome May seventeenth. Don't miss Low Wayne when he comes to town this spring. Gets your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 15: Awesome, thank you, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: How was the first time? How would you rate your just experience overall being on the show with us?
Speaker 15: A little bit nervous, but I'll get you next time.
Speaker 7: Okay, just like a basketball game, we were a little bit nervous. Daughters, but we'll get them next time.
Speaker 6: Thanks for playing man. Come back anytime. We'll be back to do Windbrooks Bucks the same time on Monday
Speaker 12: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,