Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into another episode of the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. I am Ryan Wormley, joined as always by Pat fitz Morris and by Scott Bogman Fellas. We are mock drafting today. It is my most fun type of episode that we do. We are doing a Dynasty Superflex rookie mock draft.
Speaker 2: This is two point zero fits.
Speaker 1: You actually missed the first one, which we do with Cody Carpenter, who was you know, kind enough to join Boggs and myself. Did you learn anything from listening to the first one? Did you watch the tape to see what types of picks we'd be making.
Speaker 3: I have been neglectful in scouting you guys, but I actually scouted Cody. Oddly enough. Yesterday we joined Thor and Deebro and myself joined three of the player profiler guys for a six man mock draft. So that was interesting. I have the book on Deebro and Thor, now I just don't have it on you guys. So I guess I'm gonna learn a lot today.
Speaker 1: I'm a wild card, okay, I'm little Finger and Game of Thrones complete believer in chaos, so you really can't learn anything from me. I'm gonna be one ladder from the last one. Chaos is a ladder. Great line from the show that wasn't actually in the books, by the way, so you know, really good, good moment there.
Speaker 2: Just to let everybody know.
Speaker 1: All of our early twenty twenty four consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. You can also navigate from there to our dynasty rankings as well if you want to take a look at where we have these guys ranked. Let's dive into the mock and Bogman put together the sheet. He gave himself the first overall pickie.
Speaker 2: Where are you starting to stow? Is it the obvious pick? Look? I gave myself one because I struggle with one right now. Maybe that'll change by the time the draft is over. But I think Marvin Harrison Jr. Is such a lock. But in a super flex mock, which is what we're doing here today, I think it has to be Caleb Williams. And you know, Patrick Holmes is what we want out of Caleb Williams. Are we gonna get it? I don't know that's a big ask. But Patty Mahomes is never really QB one. He's very high. He's in the top three constantly, but he hasn't been that like crazy overwhelming number one QB. Maybe one year he has, but he's always in that top three. Superflex is limited by the amount of players. It's only thirty two right quarterbacks in the NFL, so you know that is the number that you have, which is really twenty eight or twenty nine, because there's always a couple jobs that are in flux. So to me, it still has to be the most guaranteed product coming out. That's Caleb Williams. So I'm gonna stick with Caleb Williams and pick him at one one.
Speaker 1: Fits just to confirm you would make the same choice, right, I would.
Speaker 3: I would, And like I understand the temptation of Marvin Harrison Junior there, but I would also take Caleb one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a consensus, you know, unanimus across the board for the three of us at least fits.
Speaker 2: Are you going with Harrison at number two?
Speaker 3: Then I am gonna take Harrison, And you know it is super flex and Drake May and Jaden Daniels are tempting, but man, I'm just totally sold on Harrison. And we've talked about this worm. Like I live up in Big ten Country. I've been watching Marvin Harrison Junior for a while now, and I'm just like bowled over by how good he is. I mean, he's he's got a Hall of Fame dad, and Marvin Harrison is like bigger, faster, you know, amazing ball skills, underrated route running ability. It's not like he's any slouch there. I think he's just gonna hit the ground running in September. And I mean I think he's top ten for redrafts honestly or maybe just out. I think I might have him as my wide receiver eleven. But like he's gonna make an impact right away, and I like him more than neighbors. Like I don't think it's that close between those two neighbors is really really good. But you know, I don't think there's any argument that neighbor is better. I know that there are reports that there are some NFL teams that have neighbors ranked higher. Like if I was an owner and I heard that, I would fire my entire scouting department.
Speaker 2: Oh, I completely disagree with you. I one percent disagree.
Speaker 1: I neigh I was gonna I was gonna bring up too deepro fits. And I taped with him just yesterday on the main feed, not the Dynasty show, and he had Neighbors ahead of Harrison in his rankings. Would you go so far as to have that Bogman or you just think it's a lot closer than I.
Speaker 2: I don't. I gotta be honest, I don't know, but I put them so close to each other that it's like if someone took Neighbors ahead of Harrison, I'd be like, Okay, I get it, but I do have right now, I have Harrison one. But it's just Malik Neighbors. Is that they're both so good, and it's just like the stop and start speed and the way that Neighbors breaks out of his routes and doesn't slow down. It reminds me so much of Antonio Brown, and I watch a lot of it Tonio Brown, right, and I haven't seen many guys like him. I think the thing that Antonio Brown still has done better than anyone I've ever seen is the hand usage. He and not getting flags for the hand usage either is kind of crazy from him. So that is a learned thing that you know maybe these guys will develop, but I love Harrison. He's so much of a guarantee. That's why I had him at one one. But I also love Neighbors. It makes it. And this is the real reason I put myself at one is because I don't know what I want to do with four depending on what you do at three, So I'm like putting myself to the test in this mark.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to go one. Yeah, I think I think three is actually really interesting. I think Kayley Williams one and Marvin Harrison Junior two will be the most common start to every rookie draft out there. There will be some that maybe are slightly different, but I think that will be the most common start. So three as of right now, and I'm not sure if this is going to change, even if the other guy goes higher than him. On draft day, I'm gonna go with Drake May over Jane Daniels. I know, given the running ability that Daniels has become very popular as the number three pick in sort of the early super flex rookie mocks. I'm enamored with May. I think he would be a very easy number one overall pick in other years where there wasn't a Caleb Williams. I know that he didn't have the greatest final season at UNC. I think he was not given a lot to work with, both in terms of the players around him and the offense he was playing in.
Speaker 2: I think it natural ability is amazing.
Speaker 1: He reminds me a little bit of and I'm not saying at all in terms of he's as good as his player. He reminds me of CJ. Stroud in terms of the narrative going into rookie drafts last year. Was at the start of the season, he was up there. It was like Bryce Young CJ. Stroud, and then as the season went on, as draft season went on, he started to fall. And you know, guy's like Anthony Richardson, the uber athletic freak kind of overtook him. In a lot of rookie drafts, you could get c J. Stroud at like one oh four. I got him at one oh six in a super flex draft last year. In in terms of these rookie drafts, I see May starting to follow a bit as well. He's not falling for me. I really like him. Even if Daniels goes two overall and Dre falls to three or four or wherever. I think I was still like May better in terms of my fantasy drafting.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that, Bogman? So in terms of fantasy, I think I have I'm gonna have Jane Daniels ahead of Drake May depending on the landing spot. Honestly, whoever lands in Washington is going to be my two because of Cliff Kingsbury in that system. So, but the running up side is so big now He's not, you know, guaranteed to be a hit like I thought Lamar was because Lamar did it for multiple seasons, right, Jane Daniels started for multiple seasons, but he only looked really good when he got Brian Thomas and Malik Neighbors, and you know, he was a big part of that, but so were those guys. So I just think the rushing upside for Daniels is too big, especially if he lands in Washington, which is now I guess he's the betting favorite. But this, like, it's funny because I feel like we get more clear after we get out of the top four or five picks here in terms of how I would rank the players. So to me, this top because it's so much talent. They're all so good, and there's so many different opinions. I mean, FITZI, you don't like Malik as much as you like Marvin. There's a lot of people that have that same mindset. But there's also a lot of people that like Rome over both of them, which is kind of crazy to me too, and I like Rome a lot, so to me, this top is so interchangeable. It's so close because I do think Drake May is more guaranteed to come in and light the world on fire than Jane Daniels. So that's why you know, if he lands in Washington, I will have him over Daniels, even with Daniels rushing upside, because the system fit is great. He can run a little bit. He's gonna be throwing the ball a ton in Washington. But if Daniels lands there, I think I got to take the rushing upside. So the landing spot is huge for those two guys, which is kind of crazy because so good but fitsy. What do you think of Drake May over Daniels.
Speaker 3: I agree with it, actually, And I think Drake May's running ability is really undersold, Like he is an aggressive runner, and I think he's got the body type that is going to hold up better to NFL punishment, the sort of punishment you get as a running quarterback in the NFL, Whereas I'm kind of worried about Daniels and how long and lanky he is and the overall sustainability of his business model in the NFL, because if it is Jade Daniels going to Washington, like I, you know, as a Washington fan, I would not want to be seeing my quarterback taking these big shots from Micah Parsons and Kevon Thibodeau NonStop, you know, and like we saw too. Yeah, and man, like, I forget who used the term. It might have been one of the Ringer guys who uh said that Jade Daniels says a little Johnny Knoxville in him, Like he he is taking some bumps that you don't want to see him take.
Speaker 2: So I think that might have been Nate Tice who said.
Speaker 3: That okay athletic, okay, yeah, so yeah that I get it too. When you watch Jayden Daniels play like he takes some shots that you don't want your quarterback taken. May is also just so good on the deep ball. I mean, I think he hit like a long pass on like five point seven percent of his dropbacks last year. Like he's really good with the arm, Like he can make throws at every level of the field. Like I think May is a terrific prospect who is getting maybe a little overshadowed just because he's got company at the top, But like any other year, most other years, he's he's one on one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm an NFL franchise, May is my guy over Daniels. Not real close, but for fantasy, it's get that rushing upside. What if Daniels is in Washington and May is in New England? Does that change your mind at all? Or is it just take into what you see on.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know the uh and it's so funny to say this based on the Patriots past success, but Washington does have a much better infrastructure for a quarterback to walk into, There's no question about it. But I would still prefer May even if he winds up in New England.
Speaker 1: My dream scenario, and I don't know how likely it is, and obviously it's not really what Thor and deebra are predicting on the NFL Draft Show, but my dream scenario is that Minnesota trades up and it's surprised not for McCarthy, but it's for May instead.
Speaker 2: And I've you know, not gonn Home. I just want to see Thor. You just want to see Thor get mad? Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's that's an added added bonus here. So I'm going May three, Bogman. That's kind of already established that. You know, Daniels, you know, it's kind of the four pick here. So if it's I'm curious at five the guy that you're going to take, is he something that you would have considered over May or Daniels or do you think those two quarterbacks in whatever order, are the right picks at three and four.
Speaker 3: I think they're the right picks of three or four. And I'm gonna take Malik Neighbors here. And so just because I think Marvin Harrison is better than Malik Neighbors doesn't mean that I'm not super high on Neighbors. I think he's a can't miss star. I just think, you know, if I were assessing their Canton possibilities, I'd put Marvin Harrison at like fifty to fifty and maybe Malik Neighbors at thirty five sixty five or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's fair too. And look, you know, Marvin Harrison is a stud. I'm not sitting here telling you you shouldn't like Marvin. Marvin Harrison's amazing, you know. I just think Malik is right up there with him, that's all. And that's four is tough for me too, because you have to take Daniels in super flex in my opinion, Yeah, but I could. I love Malik, so you know, just the logic to me says you've got to lean quarterback in those scenarios. That's why I went with Caleb and went with Jaden. But Malik is such a good pick here. Now I think there's one more pick and then it starts to open up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, can we just remark about the like, what a great year this is to be picking like one O four, one O five, one oh six, whereas most years like things start to get a little old shakier after the first two or three.
Speaker 2: I include one O seven in that as well.
Speaker 1: And in fact, yeah, yeah, I would actually say, because I'm up here at six, I think this is the first spot in the draft where the landing spot actually might flip the next two guys, because I think it's very clearly one of brock Bauers, a Roma Dunsa and I think if, like, if one of them goes to Los Angeles and has paired up with Justin Herbert, and the other one goes to New York and has paired up with you know, to the Giants, and it's paired up with Daniel Jones, that might be enough to kind of flip who I prefer. I'm gonna go with Bowers just because of the uniqueness of having sort of an elite tight end. I know it didn't work out with Kyle Pitts, but you know, I'm not gonna hold that against the next kind of elite guy to come along, and it does seem like he's very likely to end up in a good spot. Maybe it's with you know, Aaron Rodgers and the Jets, maybe it's with Herbert.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's somebody else.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but but I very very easily you could ask me tomorrow and I might say Adunsay. I am head over heels with Adunza as well. To me, the top seven in this in this class is very very clear. I think number eight is clear as well, but he is a clear eight for me. But between six and seven it's gonna be the way I kind of see it is. I think one and two is a tier. I think three, four, five is a tier, and I think six and seven is a tier. You might, you know, sort of, you know, bicker with me about where those tier lines actually are, but either way, I do think it's the top seven. I'm going with Bowers today. I could easily go with with Odunzay tomorrow. I love them both.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you mentioned that, because I mean, what you'll get in your drafts if you are you know, you're already in the league that's established, and you're drafting in this spot six, seven, eight. It's really going to depend on what the h the manager needs at this spot, right. It's not You're never really gonna see a hard and fast BPA. We can't all be the Baltimore Ravens right and just sit and take the best player available, regardless of whether he's a need on my team or not, and just play him when you need him. Most people want their points right now. They want their points right now, so you're gonna see interchanging things here in this spot. I am gonna take Roma Dunsa at seven, the wide receiver out of Washington, over JJ McCarthy, even in a super Flex, just because the landing spot is still way up in the air for McCarthy. I mean, if the Giants take him, and now Daniel Jones is the starter but probably gonna end up being McCarthy at some point. What happens if Daniel Jones is just good again after coming off of this ACL and having some rest time, and then obviously they would want to trade him the next year because they don't really like him, it seems like, But is McCarthy gonna get any playing time? I know, Rome steps into wherever he goes and he starts to day, So for that reason at seven, I'll go ahead and take Roma Duneesa. But it is it is kind of a tough choice for me, knowing the quarterbacks are worth more to super Flex, so I'll let FITZI make that decision. Next to where you going fits, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I guess I have to take the Michigan quarterback JJ McCarthy, you know, and like he's uh, he's been a tough evaluation and it was last well, the fall of twenty twenty two, where I kind of wonder to myself if he was going to be considered a Day one or Day two NFL prospect because he was used so sparingly, you know, like if averaging twenty three to twenty four pass attempts per game for a team that had a great defense and a great running game. So but yeah, like the tools are there. It's an NFL caliber arm for sure. Andy's mobile and he's got you know, pretty prototypical NFL size, So I totally get it. I don't agree with Thor who likes him more than Drake May, but I understand why he is a first round NFL pick and pretty much a slam dunk to be taken in the first what twelve picks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean he at this point, he's definitely going top ten.
Speaker 1: And I think it's super flex drafts too, Like he he's going to be the eighth pick in a lot of leagues, because I don't it'll be very hard to make the case for him over those elite seven options.
Speaker 2: But in super flex, if he's a guy who's going.
Speaker 1: In the top twelve picks in the NFL draft, it's there's such a drop off.
Speaker 2: Then I think to the rest that I think it's gonna be hard to pass on him.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you about that where I'm like, say, you know Thor's wishes are granted, and JJ McCarthy does wind up in Minnesota and now he's throwing to Jefferson and Addison and eventually TJ. Hockinson like, you don't think maybe he passes up hours and saying a lot of drafts kid you not.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask you the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: Does he go higher than eight if he's throwing to Justin Jefferson and Jorn Addison in Kevin O'Connell's offense.
Speaker 2: I think the answer is probably yes.
Speaker 1: Like certainly in super flex, I think there will just I think there's very likely to be teams that have a need at quarterback and therefore what they're they're gonna take him over like a brock Bowers, because they'll say, listen, I just I it's super flexed. It's not tight end premium. I need the QB, even with a tight end who's as as talented as Bower. So I don't know that he gets into light the top four picks in super flex drafts, but but I do think he could go in that seven, six, maybe even as high as five, depending on how badly a quarterbacks needed.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see him go ahead of May in some drafts. If May goes to New England's That's what I was.
Speaker 2: About to ask you fits, Yeah, like, well, let's flip it though. Let's say May goes to Washington Jane Daniels in New England where we know like he's gonna have to do a lot himself because the wide receivers are not great. Or do you want McCarthy and O'Connell's system.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm pretty I'm pretty steadfast in my ranking of Caleb May, Jane Daniels, and JJ McCarthy. I'm not sure landing spot could move me off that, okay, but I will say New England versus Minnesota, Fort Daniels and McCarthy, Yeah, that'll make me think twice about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, worm, you're up for the first. Uh, non obvious.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna say, this is the reason why I didn't want to be picking third is not because of three and six.
Speaker 2: It's because of nine.
Speaker 1: And even with that, like Diet Tribe on what we would do with McCarthy, Like I saw not one hundred percent sure, I think just for I think I think this is where it's gonna get really landing spot dependent, right. Sure, for a while I have been very high on Troy Franklin. I am not out on Troy Franklin, but I don't I think, I don't know this early part of the draft process has been that kind to him. We've seen, you know, there's been a lot of like talk about how Brian Thomas, like in a lot of people's eyes, is the clear wide receiver for in this class. Obviously Xavier Worthy, you know, broke the record running the forty yard dash. You know, it's I'm not going to take a running back here, and obviously this is not a spot for quarterback or a tight end, you know, amongst the guys who are left. So it's definitely gonna be a wide receiver. And I think there's a strong case to be made for like any of like five of them. I'm just gonna take the speed and I'm gonna take Worthy here. But really like Thomas, like ad and I Troy Franklin, like Kean Coleman, like you could you could convince me on a given day of the order being different on a lot of those guys. I'm I'm going to go with the speed and just take Worthy and assume that he gets in a really nice landing spot at the end of the first round with it with a ready made quarterback and a team that is ready to use him and win.
Speaker 2: Now, I obviously I love that pick of Xavier Yeah, Texas, guy's going high. I like to see him going in the first round. And NFL mock drafts, I like to see him going first round and fantasy mock drafts. Fits. Is that what you do is worthy of your guy here? Or would you take somebody else?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And I don't hate the pick, but I would have taken someone else.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh? Is that guy the guy that I'm gonna take here? Is that Brian Thomas from LSU?
Speaker 3: That is probably the direction I would have gone.
Speaker 1: I will say those were the two I was ultimately between, was Thomas and Worthy.
Speaker 2: It's the size, man, You know that that is difference here and the long, speed and landing spot is gonna matter for all of these guys. You know, Xavier Worthy in Kansas City is way different than Xavier Worthy in New England, of course, you know, or Carolina or wherever. You know, they struggle with QB play. But I think that a lot of these guys might be QB proof. I don't think they are. I don't think every guy is going to be. And obviously there's going to be a bust in here somewhere among all of these wide outs, but it's hard to see where the bus is going to be. There so much talent. So I think Brian Thomas, Xavier Worthy at Night Mitchell I would throw in fits I know would throw key On coleme in this group as well. Not everybody would, but there's a lot of wide receivers that are in this range here that are very very good.
Speaker 3: Well you set me up nicely, bugs, because I am going to go with Keon Coleman here, and yeah, there, it is a very tough group. But I am a Keon Coleman guy, and I know you've got my back on this, Bogs, but I had to defend this when I took Keon Coleman at maybe it was like one ten in that draft that we did with the Player Profiler guys yesterday. Deebro doesn't like Keon Coleman, and I think Thor is sort of lukewarm on him, But look, I realized he's not going to be an elite separator. But he is the same kind of wide receiver that Des Bryant was for the Cowboys, that Mike Evans has been for the Buccaneers, maybe sort of that George Pickens is right now for the Steelers. He is a guy with extraordinary ball skills and size. I mean he is a rebounder and he was literally a rebounder because he played basketball for Tom Izzo at Michigan State in his first two years in college before transferring to Florida State. I know, the four six ' two he ran at the combine is going to be off putting to some people, but when the wide receivers were doing the gauntlet drill, he had the top speed. He hit twenty point seven miles an hour. No one, not even the Burners at NI Mitchell xavior Worthy hit that speed and Coleman looked silky smooth running that. This guy's got good hands. I mean, he can just pluck balls outside the frame of his body and he can't be that slow. Guys, because he was returning ponts at Florida State. If you're worried about a guy's speed, you're not putting him back there to return ponts, and Kean Coleman was doing that for the Seminoles at his final college season.
Speaker 2: He looks smooth with the ball in his hands, too, like, and look, you know, there's plenty of guys that have size and no speed and that doesn't translate to the NFL, right like, but I think those guys are I think I think Coleman is more of a Michael Pittman. He's more of a Drake London. He's a big wide receiver that has enough speed and you really don't even need that speed at that size, right you have to have the good catch radius, which he also has. So I'm in on Kean Coleman as well. I think it's a very very solid pick here Fits I like it.
Speaker 1: You know that Fits wasn't on the last mock draft episode we did because I believe I got Kean Coleman at like two oh five in that one, so he would not.
Speaker 2: Have fallen there with Fits here.
Speaker 1: And really, like I said, I know, I was like kind of hemming and hauling about my pick like worthy Thomas Kean Coleman. If you if we just like put those guys names in a hat and drew them out randomly, and we just took that order instead. I'd be fine with it, Like I really, they all bring something different to the table. And again, I think landing spot's gonna be really crucial with this whole stretch of receivers. I'm gonna take another receiver wrapt things up. I'll take Ady Mitchell and another Texas guy just you know, athletic freak, you know, high upside play. I'll be really curious to see where he lands. But this is still this is the range where I might, if I really had a strong need, think to myself, whoever I think RB one is, maybe I would consider if I really needed it, you know, in a real draft. But as a mock, I'm just I don't think any of these running backs. As much as I think some of them can be really nice role players, I just don't think any of them are worth taking over any of these, you know, stretch of four or five Tier two wide receivers.
Speaker 2: So I'll go with Mitchell here.
Speaker 1: But again, you know, on a different day, it could be one of these other couple of guys and I wouldn't be upset about it. Let me give a quick recap here of round one. Caleb Williams one oh one, Marvin Harrison Junior one oh two, Drake May one O three, Jane Daniels one O four, Milik Neighbors one oh five, Brock Bauers one oh six, Roma Dunsay one oh seven, JJ McCarthy one oh eight. Not a ton of shocks there, and then at one o nine Xavier Worthy won ten, Brian Thomas one eleven, key On Coleman one twelve eighty, Mitchell bobbing. What are your quick thoughts on Mitchell?
Speaker 2: I mean, Mitchell, I like you, and I think Fitz and I kind of had a fight over the Texas guys too, because he couldn't believe I wasn't higher on Worthy than Mitchell. But I think Mitchell is more ready to go right now. I think Worthy's also ready to go, guys. I don't think he's like gonna be a slouch or anything, but I think Worthy has more upside. So if you're playing for longer, you know, you maybe you're not gonna win this year or the following year, but then year three you're gonna start hitting your stride because you're rebuilding or whatever. In that situation, I take Worthy if I want to win today and again, landing spot will make the difference between these two guys because you know, you're a different player if you're in New England versus if you're in Kansas City, Right. But I think Mitchell is ready to go today. I think he's ready to score touchdowns today. I think he's ready to be more than you know a guy, because like they're gonna take Worthy off on rundowns, Like if he goes to the Ravens, you know he's not gonna see every snap. He's gonna see a lot of snaps, but not every They're not going to put him in a position to block every single time. So it just depends on Landing spot between those guys. But I think Mitchell is more ready to play every single snap and do everything right now.
Speaker 1: So Mitchell, I like just a little bit more fits Mitchell in the first round, even with the last pick. Do you like it or pro con?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I like it. I mean I like both guys. The only thing, like I'd push back on the idea that Worthy is less ready to go. I think he's more ready to go because he's the better route runner, you know, Like it's Worthy is a really good route runner, Like he totally reminds me of DeVante Smith as a really slightly framed wide receiver who's just silky with the route running and the ability to you know, separate and.
Speaker 2: Get off the line too, better than I remembered when I went back and watched him. He is more ready than I thought initially. But I still think that. I just think, like, you know, of the downs, like you're not gonna ask. It's like Mike Tomlin said, they asked him a long time ago, are you gonna let Chris Rainey block? He's like, usually you don't want to tell your boat with your ferrari, you know what I mean. Like, so they're not gonna make him block that much depending on where he goes. If it's a team that runs a lot and they need a player like Worthy to stretch the field, you just can see the field less than Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I get it, Like the weight is the way. It's a little concerning. No one wants to draft Tevon Austin the sequel, right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, or to two at well a more you know recent reference there.
Speaker 1: So by now most of you have probably heard of Reality Sports Online. The powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy team like an NFL general manager.
Speaker 2: But the question is, have you tried it?
Speaker 1: It's time to go see what all the buzz in the dynasty community is about. Free agency, multi year contracts or rookie drafts, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions, first round rookie options, automated contract and salary cap functionality, and much much more. I think it sounds complicated.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: The best thing about Reality Sports Online Fantasy front Office is that it doesn't take any more time than a standard league. It just requires more strategy. Think you're among the fantasy elite, Well, this is the platform to test your metal. Still not sure? You can test out your general manager skills for free in a mock free agency auction. If you like what you see, use the promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's promo code Fantasy Pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. Fantasy just got real at Reality sportsonline dot com. All right, guys, let's go into round two. Bogman, you are up at the two to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm between three players here, but I'm gonna go with the one I think is probably more of a Lockport success than the other two. And that's Troy Franklin, the wide receiver out of Oregon. And I know he lost a little bit of stock because he wobbled in his gauntlet drill, didn't run a straight line. But that's also you're not catching six balls in one line when you're playing a real football game, So you know, I don't know. This is the part of the drills that I'm not the biggest fan of at the combine because we let one thing in the weight a little bit too. He came in under size of one seventy six, but he had the flu going in and he came into his pro day eight pounds heavier at one eighty four. So he is tall, he is skinny, I get it, which maybe you know, pushes him off of the group of you know, Ady and Xavier Worthy and all those guys. But I still think Troy Franklin's a stud. I think wherever he winds up, he's going to be everything that you wanted out of Gabe Davis. I think you'll get from Troy Franklin, and more so he is guaranteed here wide receiver is deep. I don't necessarily want to take a wide receiver, but he's the end of a tier for me, so I'm gonna take him right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fits, I really like Troy Franklin. Like I said, there was a time when I was taking him at the one o nine. I could see myself getting back there, you know, within the next month before actual rookie drafts are coming.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the pick here?
Speaker 3: Not gonna lie. I dropped him quite a bit after the combine. It just like didn't get what we were hoping for from him in the forty and you know, as I joked on this smock draft we did yesterday, like on that gauntlet drill, he looked like me coming out of the bars when I was an undergraduate at Wisconsin. So yeah, like I'm I don't know, I'm not burying him like I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I've learned the lesson from the Kyne Williams combine of a couple of years ago, where I don't want to write off a guy just because he disappoints with his forty time and drills, So don't want to write him off, but yet like in such a wide receiver rich draft, it just kind of that broke the tie for me. Like after the top three guys and maybe Brot and Thomas at four, like there were five or six or seven guys I had really close together in the combine. To help me sort those guys.
Speaker 1: Out fits, I want to go, you know, I want credit for the fact that I did to make a joke about you graduating from Wisconsin in the forties. So I just want you to appreciate the kindness that I was doing to you.
Speaker 2: But not not appreciate it. That what a kind guy. Yeah, that's how I describe you when someone's like, how is working with worm? And I'm like, just he's so kind. Won't make jokes about how old you are at all? No, not once fits. He's your next pick.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Lad McConkie, the wide receiver from Georgia. Just like a guy who really helped himself in the postseason with his senior ball performance and his combine. Yeah, I guess sort of the opposite of Troy Franklin in that regard, but like McConkie, Yeah, I know, he's never actually led the Georgia Bulldogs and receiving. But just you can see how he's gonna fit in the NFL. He's just such a smooth mover. His ability to quickly get off the line and get separation is going to make him pretty popular with whoever his quarterback is at the next level. So, like, I think he's a pretty pretty safe choice in the early second round.
Speaker 2: I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: He was going to be my pick if he went one more you know spot here. He has done a lot in this draft process that has risen him in my estimation and in other estimations.
Speaker 2: I just I'm just very certain that he's going to be a quality player.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he ends up being in the long run in terms of how high the ceiling is. I don't think it's a you know, so that low of a ceiling, but I am very confident with the floor I'm getting with his ability.
Speaker 2: Bogman, what do you think about mccacky. I like Lad mucaky. He is my next ranked wide receiver after Troy Franklin, so very very I mean, landing Spot's going to mean a lot to him because he's floating in the waters of like you know, he could either go to New England or Carolina, or he could end up in Washington where they're gonna pass the ball one hundred times a game, you know. So landing spot means a lot for Lad, probably more than some of those other guys. But he's still he's gonna be good regardless of landing spot. Lad is not the last wide receiver that I like. There's certainly plenty more that I do, but he was the last receiver that I needed to go off the board before I considered taking a running back. I am gonna finally break the seal on running backs. I'm gonna go with Jonathan Brooks, similar to the last stretch of receiver.
Speaker 1: By the way, another Longhorn. I am crushing it with drafting the Texas guys.
Speaker 2: And not me. Everybody, I didn't take one, you didn't leave one for me. I cannot be the one to take Jatavian Sanders. I need to. I need to break this streak, so somebody else please do it.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm gonna. I'm gonna take Brooks. I think if he didn't get hurt, he would have been the RB one in the class. And there's no one else who has sort of usurped that title, you know, in his in his injury related absence.
Speaker 2: For however, you wanted to find that.
Speaker 1: There are other guys I like, There are other I'll probably take, you know, throughout the course of this mock draft, but Brooks for now is my RB one.
Speaker 2: We'll see where he ends up going in the actual NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Again, landing spot's gonna really matter, especially in this running back class where where there's so many kind of role players more so than obvious workhorse, you know, three down backs. There's a couple that could get there, but I'm gonna go with Brooks. And like I said, it's not that I don't like any of the other wide receivers. There's a lot I like, but I think now's the time to get a running back off the board fits.
Speaker 2: What do you make of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that like, I just can't rank him as my top running back because of the injury and knowing that his first year in the NFL could be something close to a red shirt year because he tore his ACL in November, and you figure he's not gonna be able to go through a full training camp like at best side work, it's you know, gonna be non contact stuff. He's not gonna play in preseason games, maybe starts the season on the pup list, and if he misses training camp then doesn't really get to fully process whatever system he gets thrust into. Are they going to trust him when he's like cleared in October or whenever that might be. So I'm a little leery about that, And you know, I just I don't know that it's a Beejeon Robinson Breise Hall type skill set that even with the injury, I'm putting him ahead of the other guys. So, yes, he's one of these six or seven guys who I think are in the running for top running back in this class, but he would not be in my number one.
Speaker 1: Would you have gone with whoever your RB one is in that spot or do you think it's still an area where you go at a different position and continue to kick the RB can down the road.
Speaker 3: I would not consider running back in the top fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's interesting. JB's my guy, by the way, that is my number one running back. Obviously, I'm a little bit of a Texas Homer, but I think with Brooks, he's kind of the McCarthy of running packs right, like he was just buried. He was behind road Shann, He's behind Bejeon. So we just didn't see him until he got work in twenty twenty three. And when he got work he was awesome. He was so good. I wasn't even sure as a Texas fan he's going to be the starter going into the season because Texas brought in Cedric Benson or I'm sorry Benson, not Benson, Cedric Baxter, my bad. But with Baxter, he was a huge recruit. He was a five star running back, right four star running back. So it was like, is he gonna get it? Is Brook's gonna get it because we hadn't seen a lot of Brooks, and Brooks blew him out of the water. He was so good. But the ACL entry all that stuff. Look here, for me, this would be whoever the Cowboys draft are running back, right, that is who I'd be taking in this spot, but we have no idea who that is. And their doctors, as Debro has mentioned many times, are the ones that did the surgery for Jonathan Brooks. They're the ones that announced that he's probably gonna be ready for a little bit of training camp or he has a possibility, a shot to be ready for training camp. So I'm gonna skip running back here again and kick that can down the road. Like Fit said he would, I to take Michael Pennox Junior, the quarterback out of Washington, because it's super flex. I think that I think he has end spot of that second pick for the Raiders, you know, that pick in the second round in the forties. I think that is the lowest he could possibly go. I think if he ends up in Vegas, his stocks should be very high because it's Minshew behind him with Aidan O'Connell. I think he can pass those guys up pretty fast. Even though I know a lot of people like Gardner Minshew, I'm not a huge Minshew fan, and he has great targets if he ends up in Vegas. So, you know, quarterbacks are still the king in a super flex league. Their positional value makes them more valuable than they probably should be. And for that reason, I'm gonna take Michael Pennox right here. Yeah, Fits, is that the right A? Is that the right quarterback to take?
Speaker 1: And B is this the right spot to take the fourth or the fifth quarterback off the board?
Speaker 3: Yes and yes, And he's got me scrambling because that was going to be my pick with this next one. Like I say, for a guy with his arm talent, and he's like, I'm pretty confident he's going to be picked somewhere in the first round of the NFL draft. So I think, like in drafts right now, Michael Pennix is going to go somewhere in the second round, you know, actual drafts that people do in dynasty leagues, the rare leagues that do their rookie draft before the NFL Draft, he's probably a second rounder. I think after the draft he's going to start to move up into the late first Like the arm talent is just so exquisite. I know we're looking for that mobility dimension in quarterbacks nowadays, but with Pennock's arm, like, there's no reason he can't be just a rock solid QB two in fantasy for years to come.
Speaker 1: So are you going to take sort of the last quarterback here that would you know that a pick?
Speaker 2: Or not?
Speaker 3: Not? A fan of the guy we're talking about, man like debating between a couple of the wide receivers who I sort of like, uh, but I actually am going to go with a running back in this spot. I'm gonna go with my number one running back, Blake Korum of Michigan, and I just think he's the best pure runner in this class. Like, I know he's smaller, which some people aren't gonna like. And I know he's a little bit older as a prospect, which some people aren't gonna like. But man, like this dude just has contact, balance and vision and footwork and agility. And we saw it against Washington in the National Championship game.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't even know if you mentioned the best thing about him. The pile push. For a guy that's the ball well and he gets into a pile, he moves forward every time. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is a mighty mouse. He did the bench press at the combine twenty seven times. Unbelievable, dude, that's he did twenty seven bench press reps at the combine. So yeah, he is an impressive dude. And I've heard comparisons to Ray Rice. I've heard comparisons to Doug Martin. You know, I hope he turns out a little closer to Ray Rice than Doug Martin, but you know, neither comp that bad, So I kind of agree with those comps like, I think Korm is terrific and you know, mid mid second round, I'm pretty happy with him that.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't mention the other best part of him, which is that he's almost certainly going to be drafted by a Greg Roman led offense that doesn't have a lot of competition in the backfield.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that seem natural? Like would you Boggs? I know you mentioned how glorious Dallas would be as a landing spot for a rookie back and I totally agree. But where do you think Korm would be more valuable? With the Chargers or with the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: Probably with the Chargers because they're going to rebuild the You know that this is what Harbad does. They run the ball million times, So yeah, I mean probably he'd probably fit better and not have the learning curve isn't there for him, you know? So yeah, I think the Chargers probably are the better landing spot for him. I'm not convinced Dallas will pass him up though. You know, if JB isn't ready to go, they need somebody. Rico Daubdell is their number one right now because they just resigned him like two days ago, so it's him and Vaughn and everybody else has a running back pretty much everybody else in the NFL, So it's them, you know, I don't know where the next running back is going to go. Was Philly before they signed Saquon. I don't know where the next running back comes off the board.
Speaker 1: The one the one thing I would ask about, though, quickly on that comparison with ray Rice fits is Korum the pass catcher that Rice was, because that was a big part of ray Rice's value was he was so good on those checkdown passes from Joe Flack. He had the famous like you know, fourth and twenty nine he converted against the Chargers, but he was a pretty significant part of their passing game.
Speaker 2: Has Korm really been that at Michigan?
Speaker 3: No, But like that's that hasn't been a big part of that offense. So like it's one of those things where maybe he's capable of doing it, but just wasn't asked to do it a lot in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, just making sure I wasn't forgetting anything there. I there's a wide receiver that I really like here, and there's also a running back that I really like here, and I am torn between the two. I think just because there are so many other receivers that I will like later. If this next guy doesn't fall to me again, I'm gonna go at the running back. I'm gonna go with Marshawn Lloyd, who I know DRO would be very proud to see go off the board here. I mentioned earlier that there's no you know, true like obvious three down workhorse back in this in this draft, I think Lloyd maybe he doesn't you know, get there in terms of like you know, being you know, super stud or you know, Bjon level or anything like that, but I think he has a similar skill set in that there's nothing that I believe he can't do well.
Speaker 2: I think he's a really well rounded player.
Speaker 1: I think that he was not maybe in the best offense to showcase a skill set at USC.
Speaker 2: But I just think he's really talented. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 1: I really liked what I saw from him, you know, you know, with all the clips and stuff at the Senior Bowl. Again, Deebro you know or Coworker is a huge fan of Lloyd. I think he has him RB one as well. I really like getting him in the middle of the second round in these rookie drafts, and I know he's not your w one obviously his quorum is fits.
Speaker 2: But what do you think about Lloyd?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I like him, tough kid. There was some talk about that, like Theo Gremminger of Player Profiler was somewhat familiar with Lloyd's high school career and had some stories shit tell about that. Yeah, I like him a lot. I mean he's a guy who like Deebro and I have argued about several guys in this class, but Deebro really kind of talked me into Marshaun Lloyd and sort of opened my eyes to him so early in the uh, you know, the rookie process. I had him like toward the back of my top ten. Now I've got him at like I think RB four, RB five, So yeah, he's kind of winning me over.
Speaker 2: He's I was just.
Speaker 1: Gonna say quickly that I watched him a little in high school too, because he went to high school five minutes from the University of Maryland, and I was very much hoping that he would be a turpend and he was not.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go ahead, Bogan. So I'm lower on Lloyd, and it's not because of his skill at all. I think he's great. I mean you can watch him at USC. You know, maybe he doesn't follow the block every single time, but I mean he gets all the yards that he possibly can on every play. So he is definitely a good player. He's just had a little bit of an injury history, so because of that, I wonder if the light workload at USC was partially because of that, because of his previous injury history. So he's a little bit further down my board, but if he can stay on the field, he can definitely be the best running back in this class because it's a little bit of a weaker class.
Speaker 1: The injury stuff is why I sort of stopped myself from say he could be that three down workhorse just just because of the durability. But I think skill set is why I'm such a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's the skill set is there, like he is ready to be an NFL running back. It's just availability is the best ability. Yeah, the old scouting trope. So you know I have him at seven. All right, bog Wan, here's your next guy. Look, you haters have let this happen too much. Gimme Boonix the quarterback once again. It's super flex poise we're taking. We're taking some later wide receivers over a quarterback that is probably going to start at some point in twenty twenty three or twenty twenty four. Excuse me. And look, I saw in a mock draft the other day and I ended up doing it in my mock draft for itl in the war room as well. I could see him going as early as twelve to Denver because he fits the type of stuff that Sean Payton likes to do, and he has worked with quarterbacks with you know, maybe not a massive arm that's gonna bomb everything. You know, bon Nicks can still make the throws. He has mobility, and there's a possibility that he starts pretty quickly in the NFL, and quarterback is just a boosted value even for quarterbacks that aren't very good but are starting. So for me, give me bo Nicks in this spot because he's still on the board and he could be a starter this year. I don't know that he's really like falling.
Speaker 1: This seems like about the right range later He's mid round two for a guy. I mean, I know it's super flex, but like how much value is there and having like the QB twenty four, like I just don't know what kind of There's so many good quarterbacks in the NFL right now that it's really hard for me personally to make the case for Bnicks, being like, well, top eighteen guy.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is is that somebody is hoarding four quarterbacks in your league, right That's that's really the thing. Somebody is hoarding quarterbacks and wanting to, you know, bend you over the ben Erld to trade him to you. So sometimes you are forced to take one just because you know, even though he's QB twenty four, he's going to score more than wide receiver nine or ten a lot of weeks. So you know, it's just the it's the simple math. So the simple mass says he's probably gonna be starting at some point in twenty four, specifically if he's a first round pick. If he doesn't go in the first round, he is gonna lose value, and if he gets drafted behind someone established, he's gonna lose a lot of value. So but right now there's a little buzz of him possibly going to Denver, so I think I got to take him. Here fits very quick thoughts on Nicks, and then give me your pick here at two.
Speaker 3: Eight Yeah, Like, I don't know if I can see NFL star power with Bonnix, even if I squint really hard, But there is something to be said for how much playing experience he has under his belt in major college programs, And there's something to be said for that. We saw Rock Purdy who had played a lot in college, didn't have draft capital and was still able to come in and be a pretty effective NFL quarterback, maybe largely because he played so much in college. So yeah, I mean, like, I agree, this is probably around the spot in the draft where Nicks should go, although if he is in fact draft in the first round, we're probably gonna start seeing him go in the top half of the second round.
Speaker 2: Of rookie drafts. And who are you taking next?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Ricky Piersall, And man, I don't know if this guy was really like in my top fifteen at rookie receiver before the postseason started, and like Piersaw, good route runner and good ball skills, but man, he just lit it up at the combine and I did not see that coming. Ran a four to four to one and had a forty two inch vertical jump forty two inches like this guy is way more athletic than I gave him credit for going into the off season, and so now he's actually got me pretty excited. I know, four really likes him. So a guy would not have seen as a second round pick a couple months ago, Now I think is a second round lock in most rookie drafts.
Speaker 2: Fits.
Speaker 1: I legitimately like almost cursed when you said his name, because I was I was so ready to take him. I was with seeing Lloyd and Pearsall with the last pick, and then I was like, oh, he might actually get to be and I you know, I am a professional, so of course I held you know, I bit my tongue, but I starn it.
Speaker 2: I was very close to.
Speaker 1: Uh to letting loose with an expletive there, because I really wanted Pearsall.
Speaker 2: That he's a great pick. Bobin, what do you think, I love it? I mean Piersall, Uh, Piersall is kind of the end of a tier to me too. Uh, there's another wide receiver I like in this range. And there's still a lot of wide receivers too like also, but we're getting to the point where it's like, Okay, some of these running backs need to start coming off the board too, So uh, it just it depends on what you like and where your head's at. So I think, to me, I think he kind of opens up the board for you don't need to be mad. Now you can make a pick and it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: What's tricky for me here is there's still a lot of names that I like, but it's a lot of names where I feel like I should maybe be looking at more and like the early third than I am than I want to be looking at at like two oh nine.
Speaker 2: So it's like, do I reach on a guy that I like?
Speaker 1: I think you're right where peer salt to me was kind of the end of a tier a bit. You know, I was really high before the combine on Audric estimate, but obviously he, you know, has fallen out of favor after that experience. You know, somebody like Braylan Allen I was really high on early in the process. And you know, I know, I know Cody, our friend we've mentioned a few times. You know, a carpeteer has is still very high on Allen and he took him I think as like the two to oh one or something. And when he came on to do the rookie draft with us, but it's just a lot of people who it's a lot of players where I'm not walking away from this pick being like wow, I have stoked that this guy got to me, whereas I would have probably felt that way with Piercel.
Speaker 2: I am just.
Speaker 1: Gonna go with Braylan Allen. I think he's a guy who he could fill a role for an NFL team. There might be more upside there if he stays a little bit healthier. I know fits as a Wisconsin van has talked about how he's a guy that kind of just comes off the field a lot and gets dinged up, you know, maybe more so than you would like from a guy from his size, but just very young guy, which.
Speaker 2: I do really like, especially at the running back position.
Speaker 1: So because I'm not in love with anybody, in the value of anybody at this point in the draft, and again there's only been three running backs to come off the board, I'll go ahead and take Braylan Allen here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't hate it. Brahillan Allen is like two thirty five, might play as big as like two forty and actually moves really well, didn't run at the combine and elected not to run it as pro dan. I'm kind of surprised because I don't think he would have ran a slow time. But yeah, he does get dinged a little bit more often than you like, although he hasn't ever had anything major missignificant time. I think he's had more one hundred yard rushing games than any other running back in this class. And you mentioned it worm. Not only is he, I think the youngest running back in this class, he might be one of the youngest players at any position in this class. Like and man, you're you're not bringing this dude down with an arm tackle. But I guess the one reason why I'm not like super head over heels in love with him more so than you know, occasionally get nicked up a little bit is just that I don't see much pass catching potential here. And Wisconsin did involve him in the passing game a little bit, and he's got decent hands, but he's just not really fluid as a receiver. He doesn't, like, you know, gather the ball on the move and quickly turn it up field. He's just not the guy who's gonna win open space. So dynasty leagues are PPR leagues typically, and I think the PPR format is going to devalue Braylen Allen slightly in fantasy football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that's really fair bogging. What do you think? Yeah? I think you know this is the keyon Coleman of running backs, right. Some people really like him, some people really don't like him. And to me, the past catching, it's it's just like Fitz said with korm it's just not something they asked him to do a lot. I don't know if he could do it or not because we just didn't see him do it a lot. So you know, maybe we'll see him do it more. But if he goes to the Chargers, right, probably not gonna ask him to catch the ball a lot. They're probably gonna run the ball a ton. So it really depends. It's the speed for me. You know, if you don't have speed in the league, you just can't get there. So I just don't know if he has it. He didn't run the forty times, and he has a good reason. He said, Hey, look I didn't run. I am one hundred percent, but I didn't have time to train for this event, so I don't want to go out there and put a bad time up. So you know, I'm one hundred percent. Now, I'll just let my film talk and I think that will smart for him. So you know, he's still solidly above a lot of running backs in this class for me. But I do have him at like five, so you know, I'm just a little lower on him than a lot of people are. Bog when you're on the clock at two ten. Yeah, give me Trey Benson. I'm not even the biggest Trey Benson fan. You know. We talked, I think in the last mock and I said, he runs a little upright. I watched a little more. It's not as bad as I thought. You know, I think sometimes there's a little dancing there, but he's got the long speed. I think he has enough bursts too. And if he ends up in a good spot, I want to see him end up somewhere where he could potentially take the job. I don't want him in Tampa, you know. I don't want him somewhere where he's definitely a number two. But if he ends up in a spot where he can take a job like put him on the Giants compete with Devin Singletary, I think that's a winnable job. You know what, I mean, so give him to Carolina. I think that's a winnable job from Miles Sanders and Chewba Hubbard. So if he ends up in one of those spots, I think his value is going to be very high. But if he ends up, you know, in Seattle and now he's behind charbon Ay and Kenneth Walker or something, I don't know when he sees the field. So landing spot means a lot for Trey Benson. But I still think he's top three or four on every team's board. So I think he's going to go higher than a lot of these other running backs, and he's going to be prioritized to get the ball in his hands. So that's why I have him in this spot. I like Benson.
Speaker 1: I could have made a case for him instead of Alan taking a running back in that spot fits quick thoughts on Benson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, another guy I'm not quite sure what to make of. I know Bogman has said he thinks sometimes Benson goes down a little too easily. Maybe I've I've seen a little bit of that too, But then again, like there are times where you watch him planet it's like, yeah, this is an NFL running back, So I'm a little a little bit mixed on him. He's never been my one, but like I could see the case for it.
Speaker 2: And who do you have next?
Speaker 3: Boy, It's funny. I despise the University of Michigan football program, and I'm gonna take my third Michigan Wolverine. I'm gonna take Roman Wilson, a good speed receiver and a guy I think has helped himself in the off season process. And yeah, maybe he's I don't know if the games really compare, but maybe a guy who a La Nicocollins comes in a little under the radar because you know, the passing game is not prolific at the University of Michigan and winds up being a terrific player. So maybe Rum and Wilson could follow a similar path.
Speaker 1: I'm curious what you guys think of the pick I'm about to make. I'm gonna say, Jalen Polk out of Washington. I think he's a very good wide receiver who would be getting more steam if he hadn't been kind of overshadowed by an elite wide receiver prospect in Roma Dunsay in Washington. The fact that he was the number two on his own team in college is not a reason to knock him when the number one is a guy like a Dunsay.
Speaker 2: So I really like Polk.
Speaker 1: I think he's another guy who could land where he's kind of being projected in mock drafts. I think he can land in a pretty good spot and step in and be a contributor right away. And again we're kind of in the section of the draft where it's more just kind of to each his own, like the you know, yeah, pick the guy you like. I like Polk, so I'm gonna happily take him here at the very end of round two.
Speaker 2: Quick thoughts on Polk Bogman. Yeah, I like Polk.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I have two wide receivers ahead of him that are left on the board, but he's definitely in a tier of and this is what this tier that I have here is what makes the wide receiver class deep. They're still so much talent on the board, including Polk Lagette. I mean, you know, we haven't even talked about Tess Walker or Corley. You know, they're Baker Rice. I love these guys. This is such a good class, and I had him very high in the in that tier. So I think that's a pretty solid pick here. What do you think fits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, overshadowed somewhat by Aduns, you know, and really he's not even the only other Washington wide receiver who's going to be maybe a coveted fantasy asset. So yeah, I mean, like, I think he's a really good player. No issues with getting him here. I think this is about where he should go.
Speaker 1: Quick recap of round two Troy Franklin went to A one, then Lad McConkie, Jonathan Brooks, Michael Pennix, Junior, Blake Cora, Marshawn Lloyd, bo Nicks, Ricky Piersoll, Braylan Allen, Trey Benson, Roman Wilson, and Jalen Polk. I just want to quickly mention as well before we move round three, if you've got any dynasty drafts on the horizon or want to see how the latest free agency moves affect fantasy football drafts. Our mock draft simulator tool is now open at fantasypros dot com Slash Simulator. It's a fast and freeway to practice for any kind of draft, including dynasty, startup drafts, and rookie drafts. Again, that's at fantasypros dot com. Slash simulator. Guys, we've gone pretty long in the first two rounds, so we'll maybe go a bit faster here on around three.
Speaker 2: Start us off Bogs at the three to zero one. Give me Jalen Wright, the running back from Tennessee, a guy that has moved up. I think he moved started moving up more when a lot of people started getting to his tape. Right because you go through Braylen Allen, there's a lot of buzz coming in Brooks and Benson and Bucky Irving and guys like that. But Jalen Wright is a three down back and landing spot is going to mean a lot for the rest of the running backs here. But I have moved him. I mean, I love Bucky, Bucky is one of my favorite running backs here, but I had moved him down with his abysmal performance at the combine and he's small. Still. I still like Bucky and I'm still going to invest in him, but I have to put a physical power guy like Jalen Wright ahead of him. And he's got a lot of speed too. I mean, I think this guy can do a little bit of everything. I'm really curious to see where he ends up. And I think he's going to go higher than this post draft because running back is just a desperate position for people, even though wide receiver is good. I think a lot of people are going to need running back on their team. So I think right is going to move way ahead of being picked in this spot once we get there, especially if he lands on a team where he can play. But I think he needs to go right here. I think, if not a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: I considered him a few times with the earlier picks, so I'm totally with you. There fits here on the clock.
Speaker 3: Ray Davis running back for Kentucky, favorite of mine. Just versatile, tough, resourceful. I think he could play on any of the three downs, just like reminds me a little bit of Josh Jacobs stylistically and just how tough he can be running between the tackles. And like Jacobs, was experienced homelessness as a kid and maybe that sort of shaped him and lit the fire under him as far as being a football player and wanting to make that his profession. So I like this guy a lot. Like whenever I watch Kentucky, it was hard to take your eyes off Ray Davis.
Speaker 2: Bob and we talked a bit about Davis.
Speaker 1: I think Cody took him in the last month draft we did what are your thoughts at this point in the draft process.
Speaker 2: I mean motor, motor, motor, motor, motor, motor, and like you know, Fitz said, it's it is what probably defines him as a person, not a football player, but motivation. This guy is motivated to get up and work and get every single yard and every single blade of grass that he can on every play and every snap. So he gives his all in everything he does. And you want players like that, and you root for players like that. That's why he is a fan favorite already before he has a landing spot, so hard not to cheer for Ray Davis a great player.
Speaker 1: With the third pick in the third round, I'm gonna continue the running back run here, I'm gonna take Estima. I know he had a bad combine performance. I'm gonna say when we're at the we're at this point in your rookie draft, I'm just gonna trust what I saw and I really enjoyed watching him play at Notre Dame, and I think again, I think there's a role for him at the NFL level. I would be happy if the Ravens took him, you know, in the middle of the draft to you know, pair up in that backfield with the aging Derrick Henry. I just am a big fan of his and I'm not gonna let a bad couple of days at the combine at this point in the rookie draft. Uh changed my estimation of Estima to fit that she was not a pre playing fits.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Estime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so kind of like Braylan Allen in a way in that I don't see him playing on passing downs in the end, but put him in the right situation on a team that gives him goal line opportunities, not inconceivable that he could score a dozen touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I was going to actually, you said the exact same number I was going to say. I was going to say, if the Ravens hadn't added Derrick Henry and instead they drafted Estimate, I would absolutely be expecting him to step into.
Speaker 2: The Gus Edward. It's like a dozen rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think there's a couple of places where that could be taking place. Bogs, I'm curious your opinion of Estima, And also you're on the clock at two four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a higher on estimate. Of course, you know, the combine didn't do him any favors. He looks slow and all of that, but I don't know. You know my opinion on this. It's ninety percent film and ten percent combine. Sometimes it's reaffirming. Okay, this guy is slow. That's what we were worried about, and that is what happened with the estimate. But I think what he put on film means he can do it. Running back is an easily translatable position as well, so I think if he lands in a good spot, we could see some good numbers from him. But also he could be aj Dillon, and I was very high on ag Dillon and that did not work out. So he's more of a coin flip than I like. That's all my pick here this one. Look, I have to take one Texas player, so gimme Jatavian Sanders here. The slide will stop for the second title. I refuse to take him after I already took the other three. I thought you were gonna take him here. I kind of took right just to see if you would take him at that spot. But look, you know, tight end is deep. There's a lot of tight ends. That's why he's gonna slip. But I think Sanders, if he gets in the right system, you know, put him in Washington behind zach Ertz, let him learn for a year, and then become a downfield threat in Cliff Kingsbury's offense. I think he is extremely valuable. A lot of people didn't like Isaiah Likely coming in right, but he landed in a good spot for him with a guy like Lamar Jackson, and he can just you know, throw the ball up in the air and let the tall guy go get it right. So I think if Sanders ends up in a good spot, he could be used really well. There's also a chance he could be you know, behind a stud tight end like David and Joku and end up being Harrison Bryant, which is frustrating. So landing spot is going to mean a lot for Sanders. But he can catch the ball and he can run with it. So I am excited to see where he ends up.
Speaker 3: Fits your up So Boggs clucked his tongue at us earlier for not paying heed to the superflex format with regard to bo Nick, So I better act now, and I'm going to take Spencer Rattler, who I think has got himself back onto the radar for NFL teams. Maybe was never off, but like he had, you know, a star crossed college experience for sure, for this guy who came into the college ranks as a mega prospect and just like didn't didn't pan out to the degree that everyone thought. But I think he's really won people over in the off season. He's absolutely got an NFL caliber arm, which I don't think anyone questions, and like everyone who's talked to him says, he's a mature kid who seems like he's got a really good head on his shoulders. And I think, you know, he could challenge for a starting job in the NFL. Maybe not in year one, but by year two.
Speaker 1: If he got to the end of this round, I was gonna take him. There was no other quarterback I was you know, considering at any point. But I I mean, the pedigree has been there in the past, and I've seen similar things what you're saying about, just in terms of really good head on his shoulders, and there's some degree of you know, of natural talent there too. Bogman, what do you make of Rattler here in the middle of the third. Yeah, I mean, I don't want to like Rattler, right, Oklahoma guy. All that stuff was real arrogant at Oklahoma when he was playing Texas too, But.
Speaker 2: I mean, what more do we want to see? We know this guy can make every throw. He's matured a ton from his you know, early Oklahoma days and his you know QB show on Netflix days. He was eighteen. Everyone's an idiot when they're eighteen, so you know, I think he was branded by that a little bit. So I think he's done a lot of work to disprove that, and he has to me, so I'm glad Fitz took him so I don't have to. But I do think that he is going to go higher than we expect in the draft.
Speaker 1: I am now on the clock and I'm going to take Javon Baker, and I will tell you guys, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I have like a detailed breakdown on him. The biggest reason is trust in Debro, who just updated his rookie rankings. He has some wide receiver six in the class, and that is much higher than consensus if you check our rankings on the Fantasy Pro site. So I mostly bring him up because A, you know, I trust Deebro when it comes to rookie evaluations, not much else. And B I want to get your guys' opinion, and I'm assuming you won't be quite a size.
Speaker 2: Debro is again wide receiver six in the class. But Bogan, what do you make a Baker? I like Baker a lot, and you know, I do think that he's a little bit of a one trick pony now, you know, like he's a speed guy, right, but you put the ball in his hands and he flies. So it's a sexy pick here. I definitely, I definitely like it. But a landing spot again, is gonna mean a lot for it. I mean, obviously will for everyone. I keep saying this, but I just I'm curious to see where he lands. I don't want him to go to a team with a quarterback without a massive arm. He needs to go to San Diego or San Diego to the Chargers with Justin Herbert, right, he needs to go somewhere where the QB has a monster rocket arm to put it on him. So I'm curious of landing spot and see if he can pare up with a QB with a big, big rocket arm Bogman, you are up next, all right, give me Bucky. I know the combine didn't do Bucky Irving any favors. He looks slow, but just put on the film. Just put on the tape and watch this dude play for Oregon. He has burst, he follows a block well he had. He makes a lot of tacklers miss as well. So undersize not as athletic as we want for a guy of his size. I get it, But I am trusting what I saw with my eyes at Oregon, and I'm gonna go with Bucky Irving in the spot because I still think he's gonna be a valuable player, even if it takes him a little bit more to develop than we thought. So give me Bucky Irving fits. What do you make a Bucky Man?
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, I guess he's got to be this year's Kyron Williams. Really disappointing combine. Uh, just a guy like for the game, he plays, a guy who profiles as a third down back in the NFL. You just would have liked to have seen more speed from him at the combine, Like those were really disappointing. Forty ten What was he like?
Speaker 2: Four to six yeah or something, buddh Yeah, not good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I mean, like that's definitely slower than you want for a space back, a scat back. So that definitely knocked him down my board. But on the field you see it though, like you see him being a third down back in the NFL. So I have no issues with him here. I think he would have been going in the second round if not for the disappointing combine.
Speaker 2: You got next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm up at three oh eight and this guy would not have been available to me if Thor were in this. I'm gonna go with Kamani Videll, a running back from Troy, and it's it looks like videal, like Vidal Sassoon, but it's actually Videll I think. So he was super productive at Troy. I think he is the school's all time leading rusher, ran for like what like sixteen hundred yards last year. Really tough, hard nos runner, great vision and like you're not bring this guy down with an arm tackle, even though he's slightly smaller, and like Thor and I thought he was gonna run like a four to six at the combine. He ran a four to four seven and tested really well. So that was a pleasant surprise. And I think that, unfortunately, unfortunately, is going to put him on the radar of some dynasty people, because I think he probably would have been like a fourth rounder if he had run the four to six' one that we were expecting him to run. But with that good time at the forty like that, just in addition to all of the good stuff he put on tape, like, he's become an appealing guy. And I think for Thor, Thor's gonna have him like top five. I think in his running back rankings, maybe just outside the top five, but not very like he's not going past RBS seven in Thor's running back rankings.
Speaker 2: I know that what do you make of him? Bugs? I love Idell. I mean, he makes so many tacklers miss, he runs through arm tackles. He's got some wiggled too. He's a little bit of a right but you know, and he went to a smaller school. So I think I think this a lot of the stuff that we've been hearing about. Why why I just blank a lot of the stuff that we've been hearing about Quorum. I think we might hear about Videll if he played at a bigger school. Obviously the competition was lower two and that is why he needs to go later. But I think there's uh, there's some quorum nishes in uh Kamani Videll strong little back with some speed, so I love watching him play. I am now up.
Speaker 1: There's like three or four reis he is stressing. I'm just like it. I feel like I could go. I feel like I was saying this for the whole second half of the draft, but it's like there's like three or four guys here that I think you could make a really interesting case for I want to go with a receiver. I think I'll just go with leget Xavier Legett and just the pure kind of athletics is in play. Like not my favorite guy, but again, late third round in a rookie draft, I'm happy to kind of just say, like, this guy is very, very athletic and maybe gets with an NFL team that uses him well, and you know, kind of like a poor man's DK Metcalf. Not that he's that good, but so I'll go with Lagett here at the three h nine.
Speaker 2: Love Logett. That was gonna be my pick here, that's you totally sniped me worre him so great, great work. I think a little bit is being overblown about his Senior Bowl performance. Also the combine he didn't really help himself, but another guy where Yes, he wasn't great in the ramp up to the draft. But if you watch the film, very good wide receiver, very very good wide receiver, and you know the debo compas because they both played at South Carolina, and he sounds like one of my cousins. So if you all have heard him talk at all, But so i'm i'm he's endearing himself to me a little bit more. He already feels like one of the family. Give me for my last pick. Here, Malachi Corley, a wide receiver out of Western Kentucky. I know maybe I sniped Fits on this spot. I was gonna take Leaguet to let you have Corley, but then Wormy sniped.
Speaker 1: Me Courley was I was gonna maybe take, and then I picked Lagett, so they both would have been gone regardless. I mean, the debo comp is there for Corley too, right, And you know we talk about and Fitz has made this point a lot, and I think Fitz has drilled this into my brain too.
Speaker 2: It's uh the Ohio State game man. When he was going up against the best competition he was gonna see all year, he played his butt off. He was great. So there's a lot to like on Malachi Corley's tape. Route running, isn't it. But you want the ball in his hands? Uh, probably a guy for an offense that doesn't have a quarterback with a strong arm. You know, put him in uh, put him in Vegas with Gardner Minshew or Aidan O'Connell there and you know, let them throw the ball short. Put the ball in his hands and take it and run. That's what we want to see Corley do. And I'm excited to see where he ends up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Corley would have been the pick there, so that was a nice one. And Legette probably would have been the pick if you know so. But I do have one more wide receiver up my sleeve, Devon Tees Walker tes Walker of North Carolina, size speed prospect six too and really fast and like has some interesting ball skills and made some plays for Drake. May like developmental guy. I don't see him coming in and making a big splash as a rookie, but I think a guy who could maybe develop into a pretty decent starting NFL receiver with big play potential by like his second or third year.
Speaker 2: What do you think about tes Bagman? Yeah, I mean this is you know, uh he he hasn't had a lot of playing time recently, right, obviously he had the big thing with NC double, a bad performance at the Senior Bowl. So he's moving down boards. But there's a lot of that. There's a lot of clay to to, you know, fix this sculpture out of So I think, you know, if he gets in, he gets coached up, he's going to be really good. So I like that pick. There's a lot of potential there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to wrap us up with a guy that I think I played my flag on in the first you know iteration of this draft. Malik Washington, wide receiver at a UVA. He is short, he is really fun to watch. He breaks a ton of tackles. He's explosive, like probably limited to this lot because of the size, but I mean last year he had one hundred and ten catches, fourteen hundred yards, nine touchdowns at UVA. I just think he's he's a really fun guy to watch and I'm excited to see him go hopefully to an NFL team that will utilize him, you know in a really interesting, you know way.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that pick? Fits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very ultra productive. I know that pick drew some oohs and ohs when we had the mock draft with the player profiler guys. UVA could have used him on the basketball court the other night because they had trouble putting points.
Speaker 2: They could have used the media on the basketball court the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I like the pick. I think that's great value at three twelve.
Speaker 2: When classes so deep, worm you know that the guys that perform well are gonna move way up boards. That's why you know Washington would have been close to tes Walker going into this process in you know, early January, late December, whatever you want to call it, when people really start shifting their focus to the draft. These guys would not have been close. But this is what the process does, right. It raises guys like Washington, lowers guys like Walker, and they're picked right next to each other in a draft like this. So we'll see how the real NFL draft works. But Malik Washington is getting drafted. His performances in everything leading up to the draft have made him a very draftable player. Quick recap of Round three, Starting at three zero one, we had Jalen Wright, Ray Davis, Audrick, Estime, Jitavian Sanders, Spencer Rattler, Javon Baker, Bucky Irving, Kimbaie videll Is, Davier Leaguett Corley, Devontes Walker or Tes Walker, and Malik Washington. We've already run very long in this episode, so we'll go a little bit longer because I want to ask you fits was there anybody you were surprised didn't get drafted that you thought maybe you should have or would have or any other kind of main takeaways from this mock draft.
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's some other guys who could have been drafted, But I mean Will Shipley kind of comes to mind. I think with his I don't know, ready made passing down back skill sets, I think he's probably gonna go in the top three rounds of most twelve team leagues. That's about it. Like, nothing really shocked me here, you know. I know, deebro we did a mock where Debro took Troy Franklin ninth overall and got some cat calls, including from me, But like there was there was nothing that nothing egregious here.
Speaker 2: Today, I thought, what did you think, Bogman? Any main takeaways? Yeah, I mean I completely agree that there's some guys, you know, maybe I just there's so much talent, right so, but there's only one other quarterback like Michael Pratt. Maybe you could have knuck in here if you like him at running back. I like guys like Corendo and Isaiah Davis. And there's so many wide receivers you could interchange at the end with a couple of those last ones that I think we did a really good job here. I don't think there's a lot missing.
Speaker 1: Only two tight ends off the board, and I don't right, I don't think anybody else, even really like I would have even considered.
Speaker 2: I like Jeam Bell kind of.
Speaker 1: I think he's an interesting player, but like I never would have taken him over these receivers.
Speaker 2: I think that's the most correct thing that happened in this draft. There's only two tight ends going. I think that's probably exactly how it's going to go in most so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, I appreciate everybody sticking with us for this. You know, jam Packed Supersized episode. It was super fun there's nothing quite as fun as getting to do mock drafts, especially with these two guys.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it was informative and I know.
Speaker 1: I learned a couple of things. Hopefully everybody else did as well. Thank you everybody for tuning in. We will be back next week for Bogman and Fitz.
Speaker 2: I'm Ryan. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy pros At. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros