Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's Steve, j Envy, Jesse, Larry Show, I mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in.
Speaker 3: The buildings and out right now. Not now I'm busy, Ladies and gentlemen joining Lucas.
Speaker 1: How you feeling I'm good man, You good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: How y'all feeling good?
Speaker 2: Products going on in your life? The girls?
Speaker 4: So that's so good.
Speaker 2: Not now I'm busy, man, tell me about that album title.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's just not now I'm busy. It's really you know, the space that you know, I've been in my life for the last couple of years, you know, just really not having you know, really not having time, you know, for a lot of things that are even important.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. So just trying to balance everything.
Speaker 5: And there's also a double message if you listen to the album as well, about you know me, you know, killing my own self to become the new, the new you know version of myself that I am today.
Speaker 6: Now let's talk that title though, when a lot of people say staying busy is a response to unresolved trauma, So are you really busy, Are you trying to avoid something?
Speaker 5: I think that's I think I think that sounds pretty accurate, to be honest with you, I think it's a little bit of both as far as like really being busy for sure, and then you know, a response to unresolved trauma for sure.
Speaker 3: Now your albums, your videos and the stuff that you put out, you think about it before you put it out, right, you're just not doing a record. It's like it's almost like the music you're putting out is intentional to to help.
Speaker 2: Where does that come from? Because you know, watching.
Speaker 3: Your videos, it's like it's the movies. They're self movies, but they always have a message like it's meaningful.
Speaker 5: I think, honestly, I think it's beyond me. I think that, you know, when I create these records, I think that every when I'm writing it, I feel like I'm channeling like something greater than me, a higher power or something that's like helping me write these records for me to be able to tap into, you know, to talk about some of these things that I talk about, you know, like with the record I just released Best for Me, you know, general shout out to my brother Jelly Ro. I've never been addicted to, you know, drugs, but somehow I was able to write from a perspective of that as if I was, you know what I'm saying, And same thing with you know, I'm not racist, you know, same thing with I'm sorry or any of the other records that touch on suicide or you know, touching on other things that I'm channeling something greater than me that's helping me create these records. I don't know how what, but I know that I'm getting some type of help from the higher power that's helping me create these records and to channel those actual emotions.
Speaker 4: You know, on the concepts of some of those records.
Speaker 7: And you're also helping other people too, like because if you're able to speak to something that you've never even experienced, and you feel like you're like you're kind of being used as a you know, a messenger for things, like you actually are hailing people as well. And it's been like a four year gap since ADHD you know you dropped that twenty twenty. Is that why it was such a gap, because you were because this is not now I'm busy, But what what did the gap come from?
Speaker 8: You going through certain things?
Speaker 2: What I think.
Speaker 5: In between that, you know, really finding myself because this is the first time that I've ever been able to kind of relax and not be put in survival mode, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, this is the first time I've ever not you know, the first time I haven't been in survival mode, you know, financially me a financial you know, survival mode where I'm actually you know, able to try to find myself, you know, because up until then, I didn't really know who I was as a person, because it's like I was always sidetracked by survival mode, you know what I'm saying. And it's like, once I had the financial stresses tookn off me and I was able to take a step back and get to kind of, you know, know myself. You know, I started really going through stuff, you know what I'm saying, and I started to learn more about me and you know, just as a person, you know what I'm saying, and a lot of those things kind of shape me into who I am today.
Speaker 2: Pause I was gonna was that a pause?
Speaker 6: I didn't catch the pause that one, and I got gay to go back and go back and.
Speaker 2: Shape them.
Speaker 3: But deeper, I was gonna ask, you know, listening to your project and over the years and watching your videos, right, mm hmmm, and lyrically you get busy, dead nice, right, whether it's a song that's helping people, are you just on some street ship. I started thinking of it day. I'm like, why would we have those conversations, right, and we talk about the j Coles, and we talk about the Kendricks, and we talk about the Drakes. Why don't they ever talk about joining Lucas in those same conversations Because.
Speaker 2: You get busy and lyrically you're a problem.
Speaker 3: And I think everybody would say that, But when we have those discussions and conversations, they don't necessarily mention, So it's up.
Speaker 5: But sort of interesting thing about that is there's two parts of that question. Number One, I think that any of those artists that you name got like ten years on me. Drake was in the game ten years before I came in the game. Kendrick was gotten a game to like at least seven eight years before I got in the game. J Cole's been in the game about seven eight years, but he came in when Kendick came in post And.
Speaker 4: That's number one. Number two.
Speaker 5: I am in those conversations when you're talking to people like you know, Marshall, he's talking to Eminem. You know, he always mentions me. You know, he puts me right next to them. He always talks about you know what I'm saying. Even in the records, you know what I'm saying. It'll be like, you know his favorite artist is you know, sometimes he even thought my name first. You know what I'm saying, Joiner, Cole Kendrick, you know what I'm saying. And he has you know he it definitely acknowledges that, and and you know he's in my mind, you know, he's considered you know, one of the greatest, if not the greatest. So if I'm getting if that guy is saying those things, and you know, then I guess that means that stand for some right mean some. So I don't really Apart from that, I don't really care. Like if I mentioned with you know, those guys, I don't think I have enough time in yet they have more time than I do, you know what I'm saying. So I haven't even had the time that they have to That's all.
Speaker 6: You know, you talked about, you know, killing yourself on the album what is the significance of you killing the old version of yourself at the end of the album.
Speaker 5: Well, the significance of it is, you know, the old I like to say that a lot of people, a lot of people that have a revelation, you know, and they tend to grow pause.
Speaker 4: You know. I would say.
Speaker 5: That they're enlightened, you know, by their experiences of life, and that causes them to become a different person in a positive way, right. And I would say that through my experiences and the traumas and things that I've been through, actually created the reverse effect and made it so that I'm growing in more of a negative way, right, not even by choices, Like because of the traumas and things that I've been through, I'm no longer you know, susceptible to being a nice guy.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm no longer bubbly, I'm no longer you know.
Speaker 5: As positive as I used to be, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, due to my traumas, I've grown into you know, a different version of myself that.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 5: Maybe a trauma response in which Charlemagne said, you feel me? So I had to kill off, you know, in order for me to to grow in my own ways. Pause, I had to kill off that version of myself because that version of myself got used, you know, that version of myself people took advantage of.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you know, the new person that I am today is no longer susceptible to those things, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Did you have to write that figuratively so you didn't do that literally?
Speaker 6: Like did you have to write about feeling yourself off so you didn't actually do it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I ain't never you feel me. I ain't never really ever been suicidal, you know what I mean? I never been suicidal. But I just knew when I started, when I had took the time between albums, and you know, I'm just going through real life shit as you heard in records like Broski, you know, records like cut You Off, you know with NBA. You know, as I'm going through real life ship and I'm really starting to learn who I am, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And you know I knew that I had to. I had to get rid of the old me.
Speaker 8: Why didn't we get the experimental album?
Speaker 5: So we didn't get the experimental album because it wasn't something that I felt like I wanted to stand behind pause Right, it was like.
Speaker 2: Your pauses has been a little off. That one was.
Speaker 8: Now as fas as just make you think, like, man, what do you say? But you know.
Speaker 1: That excuse me?
Speaker 5: I think the Experimental album for me, I felt like was a little bit too left field even for me. Right, it was like I found myself, like, you know, going back into like I started going back into creating records that I felt like didn't really represent to where I wanted to be and who I am now. You know, I dropped the record Blackout with Future. You know what I'm saying in that record, You know, I'm talking about some shit that I used to talk about before I got on, which is like, you know, if I didn't make it, then I would be you know, selling the you know, kilos and shit. You know, but these are things that I was rapping about before I even got on. You know what I'm saying, Like, if I didn't break into the music industry, then I was gonna move from selling eight balls to kilos, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I'm in a place now where it's like, why the fuck you even talking about that shit.
Speaker 4: You already where you.
Speaker 5: Need to be, you feel me, So it's like, why are you going back to that shit? And it's like, you know, and it's like, I think I did it on some like culture shit.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 5: And it's like, I'm not about to jump on a record with future and flex get on my lyrical shit, and you know what I mean, that shit kind of why I to do so it's like, let me just dumb my shit down. And it's like, you know, and I decided to do that, but also knew that before I released the record, or when I was doing the video and I'm sitting there and I got all this bread and YadA, YadA, YadA. You know, I'm just like, damn, I feel like this don't feel like the type of shit I want to be on right now. But I'm like, fucking I'm gonna do it, you know what I'm saying for the culture And I did it. And when I put it out, it was the response that I got from it was exactly how I was feeling, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But at the same like people telling you, like why you on this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But at the same time, right, but a lot of people don't know me though, you feel me, Like they look at the storytelling shit and they just assume like, oh this, you know, he not about that or he did. Like niggas don't know like where I come from, you know what I'm saying. They don't know joining before Joda got on, you know what i mean. So a lot of niggas don't know that type of shit. But these are records that I've done, records like that before, you know what I'm saying. And it's like I'm in a different place on my life now. So it's like, you know, when I had dropped it and I got that response, you know what I'm saying, I'm just like, damn, like I already know, like almost the whole album was shit like that. I got all these features from all these artists and shit that you know, I felt like was like culture shit of like what's in now, But it really wasn't really you know what I'm saying exactly the nigga that I you know what I mean. So it just didn't make sense. So it was like fuck that, I'm scrapping this shit, you know what I mean. So I made an executive decision to scrap that shit.
Speaker 2: You talked about Broski earlier and cut you off.
Speaker 6: And I always wondered, like when you had people do you dirty and those type of situations had it made a challenge in to form like deep connections with people, being that everybody might have their own yeah, hitting agendas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: It started made me realize, like why niggas like Marshall move a certain way?
Speaker 1: You feel me because like with that niggas like getting on the phone with him, it's.
Speaker 5: Like you you you could probably hop on the phone with Barack quicker than you can hop on the phone with Marshall. That nigga's calling you from a line with his manager's assistant is calling you.
Speaker 4: From a one hundred number.
Speaker 5: And then it's just like elevated music and it's like, please hold Marshals coming to the phone.
Speaker 1: You can't have his number, nobody has his number.
Speaker 5: He's not accessible. You can't talk to him. It's like hopping on the phone with the President, right. And it's like I always wondered, like why do this nigga move like that. I had a conversation with him on the shoot of A Lucky You and I'm just in his trailer and I'm like, yeah, man, like anytime you want to talk, anytime you want to build, and like, you know whatever, you know, you can hit me, you know what I'm saying. Like we could talk and we could build on his music shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's just like I could tell he was really like real stand office, you know what I'm saying. And I would ask Roy's like, yo, why is he like that. He's like, man, that Nigga's just been through a lot of shit. You don't really like, you know, he's very close off from people, right, And I'm just like, damn, and I never understood it, right. And it's just like when I started, you know, experiencing this shit that I was experiencing.
Speaker 4: I got it instantly.
Speaker 5: I'm like, this is why this motherfucking don't want to He don't want new friends, like he don't want you feel me.
Speaker 4: And it's like I get it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And he was the biggest star in the world at one point. So imagine he's still live.
Speaker 5: Yeah, niggas gotta drop a fucking album and he's still he can't just be outside. He's not the nigga that could just be outside like that. You can't just walk the streets of fucking New York like you got you know what I'm saying, Like it's the whole thing. He's a he's a big deal, like to this day, you know what I mean. And it's like he moves like that for a reason. You know what I'm saying, He's not You could probably j Z be texting niggas and shit, you know what I'm saying, Like some niggas don't know how to handle trauma and all that shit, you know what I'm saying. But I'm starting to get into the space now where it's like I'm starting to understand why these indus street niggas move. When I came into the game, like Yo, these niggas is weird, first thing I'd say, like why the fuck these niggas A is so weird?
Speaker 1: But now I see why niggas is weird.
Speaker 2: You gotta have boundaries, boundaries.
Speaker 3: I was aske with your with your videos right art a lot of art. How long does it take to prepare those videos?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I'm watching your videos and even the one with Jelly Roll or Roll Timmy and the fact that it's high budget. I mean, in one after you got a tank in one video, but not only that, you got the actors in the video knowing the lyrics before the song came out. So that takes time, and it takes preparation. It's it's almost like it's like a real movie. So what is the preparation for a joint of Lucas video?
Speaker 5: So I'm creating a visuals before I'm creating the song. Really right, So I'm I already had the videos and the visuals in my head right before I that was a pause.
Speaker 2: So I'm like videos in your head. I'm like, no, it was a heavy breath.
Speaker 5: So I'm creating the visuals like mentally already, the script is already written. Now I just gotta write the song. I already see it. I see the house, I see the guy. I know this is about da da da ya, And I'm like, I just got to create the record.
Speaker 4: I gotta find the beat.
Speaker 5: Now that I've found the beat, and then I'm writing, and I'm meticulously trying to find the character in my head of who's gonna play this role. And once I lock in on that character, from the moment the song is done, I'm now contacting a rapper, and the reason why I'm choosing a rapper is because I know a rapper is gonna memorize it really quick. I know that it's not gonna look weird when their lip syncing it right. So I'm choosing rappers specifically, or if you have any type of you can be a singer, an R and B singer, but if you know how to memorize some shit, you know it makes sense. But I'm not going to choose somebody that doesn't do music, you know what I mean. So I send it out. I tell that person they have a certain amount of time to learn it. You know, nine times out of ten they're excited to do it, so they learning it quick.
Speaker 4: Roteini was excited to do it.
Speaker 5: What's interesting about Broski is I never seen to this day, I never seen one episode.
Speaker 1: Of Power Really Wow to this day, never seen it.
Speaker 5: And I stayed away from watching it on purpose because I don't want to be influenced by a lot of these shows. And then you start bleeding in through my videos and it now niggas is like.
Speaker 4: Oh this shit look like that? You feel me?
Speaker 5: Because I'm a creative, I try not to watch certain things because I don't want to be influenced by it, right. And I actually seen Roteine me in this movie called For the Love of Money. It's an independent film with him and Kerry Hilson. It's the first time I ever seen Roteiny act and I was like, yo, I was like, I like his character.
Speaker 4: I love his character, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And at the same time, I was writing bros Ky and it was just like I started to have his his faith in my mind paused very I can't say that I can't get him.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Niggas can't get day. So motherfucking.
Speaker 5: I knew that I wanted him to play the role, and I sent him the record, and you know, he memorized it. We shot a video in like two weeks. I edited direct everything myself, and then I was holding onto that for a little bit because it was a part of the album and I was still creating the album in real time, and I wanted to drop it, you know, while I was dropping.
Speaker 4: Some of the other records.
Speaker 3: You know, that one was so hard because I think everybody has been through that, like a friend that you've helped and you felt like the friend looked at you differently.
Speaker 1: So it's it.
Speaker 3: It hit because it was like, damn.
Speaker 6: You might be the only person in history who can put out a song in a video that overshadows a whole project.
Speaker 1: Yes, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Like the strangest thing, like Roski will come out and it's like that's what people want from joining you know, best best for me will come out and they're like, oh, that's what I want. But you know, you got a whole album coming up, you know what I'm saying. You do you ever think yourself I might have to do a whole album of visuals?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I was gonna make turn bro Ski into like a series, you know what I mean with rotey and like really create a story out of it and like go crazy with it. So I was entertaining that.
Speaker 1: For a little bit.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I thought about it, about doing the whole album serious thing or whatever, But I just I just haven't done it yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well when you do, I mean I add sometimes yeah.
Speaker 1: I got you, and I just I really just been wanting to like with that an industry.
Speaker 2: I got you are like elevated music.
Speaker 5: I think that these music, I think these these these music videos are very inspired by movies, not from specific movies, I mean just the feel of it. Pauls right, it's like it's very cinematic, and it's like I'm creating my own movie within the visual, within the music. And I think that's subconsciously me trying to I really, I really uh wanted to get into movies, being in being doing movies, you know what I mean, acting in movies. So that was really subconscious, subconsciously me trying to bring that into fruition so these actors can see this. So you know, these directors can see these movies or these videos and be like, yo, I gotta get him in a movie.
Speaker 4: I got to make a movie with.
Speaker 5: Him, and YadA, YadA YadA, right, And that was what I was trying to do. When it work, right, because then I was able to get Mark in the joint, and I was able to get these other actors and Roe teem Me and YadA, YadA YadA, and then I ended up actually right then, I ended up actually getting in movies with them.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: But they called me to be Mark Wahlberg put me in a movie my first movie ever. Shout out to my brother Mark Wilber and then Will Smith had me and Bad Boys for you know what I'm saying, which is fired that's.
Speaker 4: About to drop.
Speaker 2: That's an exclusive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I supposed to reveal that. I think I think I revealed it, I posted it or whatever. You just wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 2: You got a big role.
Speaker 5: Nobody in that movie has a big role except Martin it will, you know what I mean? Because of the because of the direction they went in with the movie. Everybody that comes in the movie is it's a section and then they're out and then it's just like onto the next person that comes in the movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to see you act as much as I want to see you create.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure you got something in the works, like your own personal.
Speaker 1: I think that when you say create talking about music or movie, TV show on.
Speaker 4: Audio, TV show like how like uh.
Speaker 6: Like fifty Child's Game? You know, Atlanta, What's Dave Dicky? Little Dicky does Dave?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just seen ben Stable ships fire too.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 5: I like that, but they got going on. But even that, right, even the opportunity like that to do things like that, I feel like I'm setting myself up for that when I kind of create my own visuals, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on Bobby's murder?
Speaker 6: You know, speaking of people giving you propers, he said that you were the master P of this generation and he questioned why more people don't talk about you making a quarter.
Speaker 2: Million dollars a month independently? M what do you think about that?
Speaker 5: I thought that was I thought that was fire. Like you know, first of all, call me the master P of the generation? Is it's fire? Because master P was that's pe you know what I'm saying, Like, that's like that dude is like the he's like the first one of the first cats to really do this for real, like you know what I mean, independently and like really do it. So like him calling me that, it was just like wow, you know, I didn't know he never he never displayed that to me before. So him going on, you know, saying that was like, wow, I didn't know he felt that way, you know, But I think that that's dope that he aspires to, you know, become independent and you know, make his money. And you know, the music industry has changed a lot, So you know, I think that I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was dope DMX is on the album How did you get diverse.
Speaker 4: X?
Speaker 2: Break that down?
Speaker 3: You an exit the studio?
Speaker 1: How was that so?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I didn't go for it to symbols on it too.
Speaker 5: I spent some time with X, went to we played pool a few times. I got to pick his brain. He gave me a lot of advice.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: I had real nigga conversations with Axious about like his life, his upbringing, and I was able to ask him a lot of personal questions just so I can understand him because I kind of had a feeling at.
Speaker 1: Some point that he was going to go before the time, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a million percent.
Speaker 5: So I made it a point to ask him as many questions as as I wanted to ask him.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he's a HOMEI bro.
Speaker 5: He'll hit me up at like that dude wild hit me up at like text me at like one in the morning, like yo, let's go out type ship.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm like, all right, let's roll and we go hit the you know, the Billard or something. We would just go play pool type ship. But he was a very interesting guy and he was a real one, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was from him.
Speaker 8: I don't think X was from him.
Speaker 6: I think from another dimension. Yes, yeah, he's never met somebody like DMX. Nothing about him was like a human.
Speaker 1: He's different, like nothing, He's different.
Speaker 5: And then and I think, and one thing I loved about X was that you know he was he was he was had a very tough exteria, right, he was very You never questioned his sexuality. He was a very tough exteria, but on the inside, like he would pray for you, you know what I'm saying. Like Hill, he was very He was a very emotional guy to get He's been through a lot of ship, you know what I mean. And I when I had a conversation with him, you know, one day, you know he had he was pretty much I was explaining to him how how me being signed to a label at this time, I was just like felt defeated because I wasn't getting what I needed to out of the situation. And we had a real conversation in which he gave me some advice. And right after we had that conversation, I wrote, I'm not racist. Wow, changed my entire life. Right after we had that one conversation and he said, start from the jarm board, come up with some come up with something groundbreaking, force the hand of the label, make them believe.
Speaker 2: Wow, y'all been at a relationship or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did he do the years ago?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: You have more than one ex verse?
Speaker 4: I got another? Like, yeah, I got another ex verse too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know you talked about collabing with Future and you got a young Boy on this album. But then you said, you feel like sometimes you gotta dumb your lyrics down when you get on records with Future, So like when you collab with somebody like a young boy, like like why, like why if you got to turn your volume down?
Speaker 5: It's not that, it's just I think sometimes I think that I'm such a fan of a lot of different types of music.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 5: Like, there's Future records that I love, you know what I mean? He got some he got some bops, like young Boy, Like, he got some bops. Maybe not all of them. Don't you don't love all the Future's music. We don't love all the Jointings music. We don't love all of anybody's fucking music. Right, But the point is is I'm a fan of you know, a lot of people wouldn't be surprised to know that. I listen to a lot of different types of shit, and it's like if I jump on the record with certain people, you know, I'm not trying to go off like that. I want to go into their world sometimes and I want to like have fun with it and you know what I mean, like play with it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Pause pause.
Speaker 5: That one was a pause?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Someone?
Speaker 7: When when rappers get like big, like you know, well, so yeah you paused from me, All right, fine, but when you know, when they make it to a certain level of success, a lot of them have to move out of their city.
Speaker 8: How involved are you with your city?
Speaker 1: Or are you When you say.
Speaker 4: How involved are I what you mean by like.
Speaker 8: Do you still live there? Like how often do you go back?
Speaker 5: I got like family there, you know what I'm saying, So so i'd be around sometimes, but I'm very like cautious, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't just be outside like that.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But yeah, well, because of like I just situations you've seen happen, like you know in rap, or just because it's something that personally happened to you.
Speaker 5: Nah, ain't nothing really personally happened to me. Ain't nothing, ain't nothing ever happened to me. The you know what I'm saying. But you just gotta be ready, you feel me. So if I am outside, I'm out outside without a strap.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. If I'm outside, I'm out outside like.
Speaker 5: Ready for whatever, because you just never know, you know what I mean, when you're in a position now, I'm in pause.
Speaker 8: Positions. You know I got you.
Speaker 2: That was crazy, that a crazy one.
Speaker 3: I was with your family. You know, you have two kids, and of course you have your sister here today. How are you with your family and breaking down the business and teaching them?
Speaker 4: I don't I keep that separate.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man, I keep the music. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just that when I'm with family and family time as family time, I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't even like mixing business with family. And you know, explaining business. It's like, you know when you say that.
Speaker 1: Who asked that you?
Speaker 5: You you rite the business? When you explain when you said like breaking down the business, what you mean by that?
Speaker 3: A little bit of everything? So especially with your kids, letting him know where it comes from. How hard it is because the route that you're taking is a route that most people could never figure out doing independent on your own. You're investing in.
Speaker 5: Your My son is about eight years old, so his he karate you know, video games. Like he's not in a place where he can even understand or comprehend that right, And it's like, you know, I don't I try to let him be a kid, you know what I mean, and keep him away from I don't want him to grow pause before his time, you know. So they're not almost two year old, you know what I'm saying. But when I'm with my family, his family time, it's like I learned how to separate the two, you know stuff I'm working on working and when I'm with my family, I'm with my family, I'm not working and having my face family and doing her that I got my little sister here, you know what I mean, Because like it's like my homie, you know what I'm saying. I want her to come, you know, to experience all this because she works. She's a you know, she's an RN, you know what I'm saying. So she worked hard in her fields. She don't really get the time to like really be around any of this shit. So it's like I'm proud of her. So it's like when she got to you know, you want to come out to the breakfast club, you want to come out here and do this, do that? She's like, hell yeah, I could take a little time real quick and come do this, you know what I'm saying. So apart from that, my mama, she'll roll with me, you know what I mean. She loves going to concerts, she loves doing shit like this. She loves you know, where you go in New York. I'm going to New York. I'm going here. I'm going there, and I want to take her so she can really experience the shit too. She went she was on a Bad Boys movie set. I want her to really, you know what I'm saying, like experience this shit with me, you know what I mean. But when it comes to creating and it comes to like that, I try to keep that shit like separate when I'm with because I don't want to be like recording and making music and then with my kids. And then I got it like I don't want to feel like they're not getting the time that they need for me. So it's like I just separate time, you know what I'm saying, what.
Speaker 6: If I'm a cousin who wants to work in the frozen yoga spot? Can I ask you about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I got my niece that she worked there, like ship, you know what I mean. Now that's like on the outskirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, something you want to franchise?
Speaker 4: I feel like I could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, need that.
Speaker 4: I feel like I could.
Speaker 2: What made you want to do frozen yogurt?
Speaker 5: Because I was I was always in the morning. I stopped eating breakfast, I started drinking like protein shapes and like ship like that. So I was always spending my time at like this one spot. And I was like, you know what, I'm about to just do my own ship, my first break and mortar, you know what I'm saying, Like my first business outside of the Tully, you know, the music ship outside of that.
Speaker 6: So I want to ask you about a line from that Jelly Roll said, and best for me said, how can you love someone and learn to let them go?
Speaker 2: You think that's achievable from your experience?
Speaker 5: That's my middle name. Mm hmm, that's my middle name. That's one of the biggest that's one of the that's one of the things about myself that I recognize, as you know, a part of myself that I hate but I love at the same time that I'm able to do shut that switch off, you know.
Speaker 8: Are you ever unable to do that? And that's why you what.
Speaker 5: It's like that I became desensitized to pain, you know, desensitized to hurt, you know. So it's like, in order to not really feel it paused, you know, I I learned how to create my my my own light switch to where I could just shut the light off and nobody's safe from that light switch, you know what I mean. And it's just a it's a pretty fucked up thing to have, you know what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 2: It's it's.
Speaker 5: It's real difficult sometimes to you know, build real relationships when you can do that, you know what I'm saying, When you could just shut off a switch and then just be like, you know, and nobody's safe from that. I've had to do it to family, friends, girls, you know, and it's like, if you if you experienced it at the level that I've experienced it with some of the closest people to you, nobody say.
Speaker 4: Nobody say.
Speaker 6: I think some people think unconditional love requires the acceptance of harmful behavior, and I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that though.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 5: A lot of people think that just because you love them means that you got to keep them around, but you got to deal with bullshit that you don't want to deal with. I feel like my mental health and my peace of mind is the most important thing to me above anything else, right, Like my sanity is the most important thing to me. So if you keep, if you bring in, if we clashing, there's an incompatibility there, right, And it's like that has to be addressed or else we're just gonna be incompatible.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: And it's like a lot of people think incompatibility just is within relationships, but it's really within friendships, it's within workspaces, just within a lot of different things. Right, It's like, how compatible are you to me? And you know, and it's like once I realize and once I see that we're not compatible, that's when I got to go ahead and flip that light switch off. And then you take that like I never cared about you at all, But that's not the truth. The truth is I still love you. We're just not compatible. You gotta go your way and I gotta go my way, you know what I'm saying, And it's a tough thing for me to even do because it's like, damn, like I gotta I have to do that again, you know what I'm saying. So it's hard to have, like, it's hard, it's hard to have real genuine relationships when that happens, you know what I me. I'm saying. So, but then you're still protecting you thought.
Speaker 2: A couple more questions.
Speaker 6: There was a there was a go for me of a woman who was killed and you donated ten grand, but then she ended up being.
Speaker 2: In your music video. Did you know that she was in your video before you donated?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew her.
Speaker 5: I know her personally. Oh okay, okay, yeah, I know it personally. And it was just a sad situation, you know, very sad, very sad situation.
Speaker 4: For the city. You know.
Speaker 5: It's another reminder that you know, you be here one day and tomorrow you'll be gone, you know. And it's like what happened to that young woman and her daughter was was horrific, you know. And it's like I felt guilty because she was in the video and she in the video, she was rapping in the car that she died in the car, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's like it was just haunting and you go back and watch it.
Speaker 5: I'm still thinking about taking the video down just because I just just you know what I mean, Like it's just it's just so.
Speaker 6: You know, it was one of them spooky coincidence. I mean, like you can't hold yourself accountable.
Speaker 5: Nah, I'm not holding myself accountable. It's really just like it's just I don't know, it's a freaky thing.
Speaker 8: But still to see in it actually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's just a it's one of those things. Disgusting, man.
Speaker 5: And it's like, you know, her daughter had passed away to both of them in the car. Wow, somebody had ran up and spray the car up with her daughter. And her daughter was supposed to be on the first verse on in that song, but I chose another little girl instead, you know what I'm saying. But I didn't know her daughter as well, and it was in her the mom and a daughter was really good people, you know what I'm saying. So that really was tragic.
Speaker 4: And she was.
Speaker 5: In the military, you know, so yeah, she served the country, you know what I'm saying. So resting piece to absolutely resting Pieza shorty.
Speaker 6: Last question, are you working on a joint album with Will Smith? Because that was that was a rumor too.
Speaker 4: I want to say some one called a joint album.
Speaker 2: You help him do his album though, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I'm you know, you're working on some music together. You know, I got Wheel in his bag, so you know, I can't wait for the music to actually drop.
Speaker 2: What's the first offering some of the Bad Boys fourth contrack?
Speaker 5: We're actually about to go create something for the Bad Boys for contract when I when I go on to his crib in a couple of days, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Joining you working my brother, brother, you are working.
Speaker 3: New album is out right now? Not now, I'm busy and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Brother going on this tour, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm going on a tour from and May, from May to June, Drew, what's the dates? May eleventh, the June fifteenth, not now, busy the door featuring my man uh Millie. You know he's from the city. To shout out to my bro mill and Daks. Daks out there doing the things I put him on the on the joint too, so that is cool. So he's going on there. Anything else you want to say, Album out Friday, album mouth Friday, anything else you want to say.
Speaker 1: That's it, thank you Lucas. Yeah, Joy and Lucas.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning wake that ans up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.