Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Fantasy Pros NFL Draft Show. I'm your host Derek Brown. With today's show, we are going to run through the wide receivers eleven through twenty per consensus on NFL mock draft database dot com, as well as Thor and I are going to talk about all these guys in depth where we have them ranked and stuff. But before we get to the show, I've got to tell everybody, all the listeners to show, we have a special guest coming on next week to discuss our guys from quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end, our guys from this draft class. We're gonna have special guests John Middlecall from the Volume on the show next week. Baby, and anybody that is not familiar with his work, look, you're in for a treat man. He is a fantastic host over at the Volume Network. He spent time as a writer with The Athletic covering the San Francisco forty nine ers, and he was a scout for the Philadelphia Eagles for three seasons four. I'm excited, dude, this show is gonna be fire. But Baby, people got to be tuning into the Middle Cough Show next week.
Speaker 2: Man as well, Yeah, I was on with Middle Cough last week. That guy knows his stuff, sir. We got a real tree coming for people next week. Definitely tune in for that.
Speaker 1: Oh it's gonna be good man. We're just gonna be laying out the love list for all these dudes we love, man. So look, I don't want to take too much time at the top of this show, man, but people got to get subscribed, they got to tune into that. And we're gonna start this one off with some fire man, some absolute just molten takes, and just burn it down because my eyes are deceiving me. They have to be deceiving me here at Thor. The first guy we're gonna talk about, apparently is wide receiver twenty in this class right now per consensus on NFL mock draft database. Dude, it's Javon Baker, and I'm gonna let you kick this off. Why I collect myself because how in the absolute heck my wide receiver six in this class is buried at wide receiver twenty. I don't know, but you go ahead, Thorn. It's all you baby for right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're even higher on them than me. But he is definitely being slept on. That is a criminally low ranking. This reminds me of a guy last year that was being slept on as well that ended up going in round two. The guy that I comped them to, Rashid Rice. You know, a guy that came out of SMU and was able to contribute immediately. Javon Baker tested seven eighty five ras at a little over six one two hundred two pounds. Former five star recruit early on his career, was stuck behind all those receivers at Alabama. Went to UCF. That's where he realized his potential. Well built, sudden mover plays with attitude de bro out there in my notes. In my notes, I say press corners better bring their boxing gloves and their tap shoes, varied release package with a matrix of footwork. He's not explosive off the line. He's a build up speed guy, but he gets the releases off of it clean. Downfield killer seventeen point one eight dot. Despite good but not great speed and in large part because of his my ball determination, attacks the ball in the air and latches on ndebtor by contact, he was unsurprisingly one of the classes best contested catch receivers.
Speaker 3: Despite that bloate at a dot.
Speaker 2: Javon Baker went twenty for thirty six in contested instances the past two years, mostly in downfield scenarios. A contortionist in the air when reeling in poorly thrown balls, and he had many partly throwing balls from John Rice Plumbley and then the backup quarterback at UCF because John Rice Plumbley would get banged up and so UCF would have to throw in their backup quarterback frequently the past couple of years.
Speaker 3: Baker isn't the most.
Speaker 2: Agile player, but overall his routes are better than adequate, in part because he understands leverage and tempo, and in part because he can so quickly throttle into and out of his route breaks. I like the job that he does stacking. That's in part why he does so good downfield. He's capable at win at all three levels. He's also a yak threat. De bro, this guy is being slept on, dude.
Speaker 1: I love him. I love Javon Baker, and I'm gonna reiterate that for the people at home. I have him at wide receiver six or where do you have him ranked that I have him at wide receiver thirteen right now. Okay, okay, so we have a divide there, So I'm gonna lay out the love list. Tell me where I'm wrong here because I know look, I'm not gonna say I have rose covered glasses, but I really love this player. So I want you to kind of knock me down here at PEG because we are seven spots apart from each other. So I will acknowledge right now. Nothing that Javon Baker did in his testing surprise me at all. Him going out running a four or five, him testing okay but not great and a lot of different spots did not surprise me. Him jumping out of the freaking gym with the vert again not surprised. If you turn on Javon Baker's tape from the very top, Baby, he can contort his self in the air. We saw that in mobile. He is a back shoulder in the air above the rims specialist. The dude, is you talk about my ball mentality? I talked to him and met him in themobile and discussed this with He has that dog in him and he knows it. Man, that is his ball when he goes up in the air for it. And some people can and again, some people can look at all the contested targets and things like that and say, well, he doesn't separate. If that's what you think about Javon Baker, you're wrong. You're flat out wrong. The dude has some of the best route running chops in this entire freaking class. He will set up corner, he will set up corners and make them look absolutely silly, send them into the shadow realm while he runs an out route and he's wide open, and you almost have to go back to the tape and say, how the hell did this happen? So I love his game, man, and I think the thing that he was used mostly as a downfield receiver at UCF, and that's not even the highlight of his game. That's not even the best parts of his game. Like, he can get deep, but it's not because of this raw speed. It's not because it's not because of the raw athleticism. He can win deep because of his route running chops and his nuance in his routes and how he sets up corners. That's why I look at Javon Baker as being a high volume wide receiver at the next level. Because even though he was asked to you talk. You brought up to a dot. He was asked to stretch the field at UCF. He's so freaking good underneath, and his route running is underrated. Man Like, I don't look at him as a downfield thread in the NFL like I want him to go and eat defenses alive in the five to fifteen yard range. Now, if you ask him to stretch the field, he can do that. But again, this all comes back to and my comp for him. I'm not going to tell you that it's hot or it's hyperbolic, but same athletic testing, same size. I have a late second to third round great on him, and that's exactly where this player went for. My comp for him is Chris Godwin. Now we are apart in rankings here, chop down the tree man, tell me what he where? Where am I wrong or at least where are some of the limitations in Baker's game or what do you not like on him?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I mean I'm not going to argue with any of that.
Speaker 2: And the thing that at the NFL level that I think is going to play up to your point is the thing that I loved about the.
Speaker 3: Game that his game that we didn't get to see enough of UCF.
Speaker 2: It was the thing of streaking across the middle, getting hit on the hands, and then continue.
Speaker 3: Trucking up field.
Speaker 2: He was really good at that stuff, and a lot of times when in those instances you'd see him spearing the ball outside of his frame and not lose any momentum to facilitate those yak opportunities. He had a lot of yak yardage in college despite that. Like I said, the blow to d Ada, a lot of it was coming on those those intermediate looks that he got and a lot of times it was not on the money throws. I think at the next level he goes into a system where it's like the timing sort of patterns with a quarterback that has accuracy, it's going to play up his his yak ability and different stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You have system that he came out of.
Speaker 2: Think, you know, as Gusmel's on, think back to early career bo Nicks at Auburn. This stuff he struggled with, you know, is the downfield throwing stuff Gusmell's on. He loves to use the quarterback's legs the run, go up tempo and then take the deep shots. It was a lot of the same stuff with Baker. He didn't see as much of the intermediate stuff. Javon Baker is really good at that. My concerns with them, Dee Bro, and they're you know, maybe nitpicking, but it's the reason that I'm just a little bit lower than you. Certainly way higher than consensus. The drop rate was over ten percent the last couple of years, years combined. Now, I will say, I don't think that this is bad hands. I think it's concentration. However, it goes to what my bigger concern about Javon Baker is, which is, you notice, the thing I love about his sort of attitude is like when he's in it and things are going well, it's the thing you talked about.
Speaker 3: He's a dog.
Speaker 2: He has sort of that infectious competitive nature, you know, and he sort of gets his team going. He's one of those guys, you know, like a basketball player. He throws down a dunk or he has a big block, and all of a sudden, the whole team gets jacked up. That's Jeavon Baker. But then on the other hand of it, you'll notice games where Javon Baker was not getting as involved. Maybe John wright Plumbley, his accuracy was off, or the UF backup quarterback.
Speaker 3: Was in and was not throwing as well, or they were running more.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Javon Baker, maybe his routes did not have the same pizazz or on concepts. Maybe where they were at the other side of the field, you might notice he was loafing a little bit on some of those routes. Sometimes his head is more into the game than the other times. And and that's my theory about the drops, that they are one hund concentration drops Javon Baker. It's sort of the hot and cold thing with him. You get the one hundred percent engagement with Javon Baker. That's when the kid looks like a stud that we need to see that all the time. If we get that all the time with him in the NFL, I think that's where a team could get a steal on Javon Baker relative to his price point.
Speaker 3: That's my big thing with him. But I'm a big fan of his game, just like.
Speaker 1: You, d bro Man, especially a friend of the show, and Tony Pauline put out this, I think it was over the weekend, said he. Javon Baker has official top thirty visits set up with New England, the Texans, and the Chiefs. I'm here for all that, baby, and look especially the Patriots in a spot where he would I think Javon Baker could quickly and air quotes quickly. I think he could quickly ascend to the top of that depth chart if you would air drop him. He'd be earning targets from week one. Man. So I'm so here for that man. But over from Baker to another talented wide receiver that I'm not telling you it's being slept on, but he's not getting the hype that a lot of these other guys in this class are getting. And I think it's kind of to the detriment man because he's extremely freaking talented wide receiver. Nineteen perkinsensus Johnny Wilson thor where do you have Wilson ranked? And what are your thoughts, man.
Speaker 2: Johnny Wilson. I have eighteenth, just a little bit above consensus. I go back and forth with Johnny Wilson, but I guess I'm closer to eighteenth, probably more.
Speaker 3: And this is probably a Johnny Wilson evaluation thing in.
Speaker 2: General, where the way that you see Johnny, you know, it's like, what is it the Roarershack test, the way that you see Johnny Wilson, it says more about you than it does Johnny Wilson. Let me give the listeners a little walk through memory lane. As far as my process went, my biggest mistake ever as far as evaluating receivers was HACKEM Butler. I ranked HACKEM Butler wide receiver one in his class when I began doing this. This was, you know, multiple years ago, early on in my career at NBC, when when I started doing NFL draft work. Johnny Wilson his you look at his overall in his career, the numbers and the analytical profile is so similar to Hawking Butler, and then the the athleticism in the frame. It's like looking in a mirror. I'm talking including the yards per route run, the drop rate, the A dot everything like Hockey Butler was twelve point seven percent drop rate, fourteen point five a dot two point five nine yards per route run. Johnny Wilson two point five two yards per route run, fourteen point four a dot, twelve point eight career percent, career drop rate at Florida State.
Speaker 3: Those are the things that concern me.
Speaker 2: But the other stuff is, you know, in the same stuff that excited me about Hackeing Butler, it's the same stuff that excites me about Johnny Wilson when you look at it from the service. The kids enormous six foot six and a half two hundred thirty one pounds, his raz nine to eight eight. Now, of course you know that he didn't do all the tests, you know, it was the North South stuff, but very very fast and explosive in that package. He can obviously jump. He has the enormous catch radius, so you love all that stuff. He's taller and heavier than Mike Evans, Alan Lazard, Equadimia Saint Brown.
Speaker 3: He's all also one of his class's best.
Speaker 2: Blockers, you know, just just sort of washes over people, happy to get after them, and he plays on the boundary. You know, when we went down to Mobile de bro you and I we were praying that they were going to try him at in the slot as a big slot. We want him, We would love to see Johnny Wilson at the next level as the big slot tight endfella. But the first couple of days we had to admit he had done well enough in you know, as a boundary guy both in the one on ones team drills, different stuff like that, that he had essentially proved that at least at the beginning of his career, he deserves the opportunity to be the outside guy. The one thing that I'm hoping for Johnny Wilson that that did not occur for Hockeing Butler when when it wasn't working for Butler initially in his NFL career, you would have loved it more quickly he would have, you know, moved over into that slot, big slot, big tight end role in the slot. I would like for if Johnny Wilson, if it's not working for him on the outside, to quickly move into that big slot role at the NFL level. But I do believe he does deserve the opportunity, based on what we've seen on the film and what we saw on Mobile and what we've seen in the athletic profile, to at least start with that he can create the separation. He does have that enormous catch radius. It's the margin for air. Debro is going to get less in the NFL. As you know, he does not change directions extremely fluidly, so it's the north south stuff. He does sink the hips and he can come back to the ball and he can pinu you behind him.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to get around that guy.
Speaker 2: And he has the again the enormous frame with that enormous catch radius, but the hands need to get better. He has been dropping balls all of his career. It's the one issue you have with him right now. But you have that bullet in your holster. If he fails as the bound of your receiver, hopefully you can convince him to try to be the big slot tight end. I like Johnny Wilson enough. I think he deserves to go later on day two. I just don't love him because of my past experience. And that's Johnny Wilson's agent calling and saying, bro, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: I've got around three grade on Johnny Wilson, and Dude, I will say this, I absolutely understand where you're coming from with the he Keem Butler stuff and with the size, and I think that Johnny Wilson, I think there's some differences there. Now are the drops a big concern for Johnny Wilson? They absolutely are, and we cannot bury that because the drop rate stands out. You do see concentration drops, you see some technique stuff with him as well, and so that has to be discussed. Man. But dude, I just I love the upside and the talent that this guy oozes. Like we're talking about a player that in twenty twenty two was fourth and yards per route run twenty fifth MPFF receiving grade amongst all FBS wide receivers with at least fifty targets. So the talent is there. And you talked about the size profile, but again, like a guy his size should not move the way that he moves. It's just straight up, man. And we saw when they did move him inside for a few reps in mobile he looked great. He's too I mean, it's a really easy problem to sit here and make for a defense with a player of his size and movement skills. It's like, okay, well, you're too big for linebackers, and you're too or too big for nickels, and you're too fast for linebackers. Like this is I mean, you're talking about literally mismatch nightmare for one. He'd be he'd be so frickin good. And and are the drop problems a concern yes, But with this type of player, if he hits in the NFL and he puts it all together, man, he could be special. And I'm only talking about like, even if we only get him as a as a sixty forty like forty percent slot, even on those reps, he will make defensive coordinators want to pull their hair out. Man. So I love his talent. Again, I've got him as the He's a wide receiver eleven in my ranks right now because part of this is me betting on that type of upside. Now, is there a range where could you rank a bunch of other guys that have similar upside but questions to their game, Like could you put ad Ni Mitchell above him? If you loved Ady Mitchell? Could you put Kean Coleman above him? Sure? But I think he's firmly in that conversation of the back top twelve of wide receivers, and he should be in that kind of conversation. Now, where you want to rank all these guys is totally up for grabs, man, But I love Johnny Wilson's talent. Think he hears his name calling round two or excuse me, round three of the NFL draft big time talent man, but moving over from Johnny Wilson and big time talent too, a player that comes from well, big time lineage. He's got the NFL bloodline. Baby. We got to talk about the wide receiver eighteen per consensus, and I am I'll just say this, I'm right with consensus. I have him as my wide receiver eighteen. You know, I'm not emphatic about this player that is Brendan Rice out of USC thor what are your thoughts on Brendan Rice, because you and I have talked a lot about Brendan Rice. It's not that I hate the kid. I just don't see one standout strade from him that really gives him an ace in the hole to be much more than like a wide receiver three or four on an NFL depth chart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm even a little bit lower than on you. Than you I Brendan Rice number twenty one in the class. Okay, I think the best case scenario you're looking at like Michael Wilson from last class. But I liked Michael Wilson more than I like Brendan Rice. Saying Brendan Rice six to two almost and a half two hundred eight pounds at the combine almost tested as an eightieth percentile athlete four or five flat. You know, he skipped out on the agilities, which a lot of people did. Of course, he's Jerry Rice's son. His routes did not have the pizzazz and the nuance that you sort of what expect from being Jerry Rice's son. The thing I like about him he does have good body control for his size. I like his ability to make plays near the sideline and in the red zone. That's the thing that you like about him. Although I will say, you know, he has the good uh uh touchdown numbers the last couple of years. Keep in mind that USC's overall touchdown numbers were passing touchdowns were extremely elevated just because of that environment. So the overall percentage a little bit down in terms of that. To just keep that context in mind. You know, in my notes, I had his inability to separate, force his quarterbacks to thread the needle to him. And Rice is not as good in contested contested situations as you'd think. USC wanted him to be Drake London and he just wasn't that kind of a player. He's he's okay, but you know, the projection d bro. It's either you're looking at a low end wide receiver two in the NFL, or like you're sort of mentioning solid backup receiver, you know, on the boundary. But that's that's sort of what you're looking at in Brndan Rice, a guy who's somewhere in between the those two things. I do not see a standard at the next level.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either, And the m I comps. People could say is derisive, but I mean that this is kind of how I see his game in the NFL. I think he's gonna be a solid wide receiver probably four in an NFL A depth chart. Maybe he gets pressed into being a wide receiver three if he goes somewhere and they need boundary help. But Nick Westbrook Akine is the guy that I comp him to. Yeah, and I just look at a guy that doesn't have any one standout trait to where you're like, this is his ace in the hole, this is his juice, this is his trump card. This is how he wins and what he does and what he provides for your team. I think he has average burst off the line. His route running's okay, but not amazing. You can see even considering his size, he doesn't separate. Will you see corners once they get their hands on him, some guys can lock him down. Now where he excels or where he how he wins is based off of that size is based off of the six two two oh eight. The physicality in his routes like he has the upper body strength to kind of toss guys off of him at the top of his stem and really use his strength to get some late separation. But is he an easy separator? Is he a fluid mover? No, he looks like he's lumbering a lot through his routes. Man, I don't see him as like being the guy where it's like, can you win consistently underneath Probably not? Can you consistently take the top off of a defense, probably not. Can we roll you into the slot sometimes and you can bully some smaller nickel corners. That's kind of where I think maybe he gets the best matchups. So I don't even look at him as like an eighty to ninety percent boundary receiver. I think again, kind of like my comp here, I think probably a sixty to forty guy, probably a fifty to fifty guy, depending on the team and the scheme that he goes to. But I don't see him even as a full time starter in the NFL. I think that if you're pressing him into being your wide receiver three, probably means that you probably have a better, like a bigger need there. He's probably more likely a white wide receiver four and probably carves out a pretty decently long career as that man. But I just don't see him as a guy that's going to be in an NFL passing attack, a player that is going to earn a high target share. And I know that you don't see him that way either. But over to a player that I was surprised, I was, Oh, man, I'll say this, I was surprised when I turned on the tape because I was not expecting a guy that I got into this, laid into the process and his film to like him this much. And per Wider he is the wide receiver seventeen per consensus. I'm gonna go ahead and put respect on his freaking name here. Th Or Jermain Burton comes in as the wide receiver seventeen per consensus. He is my wide receiver ten in this class. Man, I really really like his game and last year. Now, if you look at any season for Jermaine Burton, he's not gonna blow you away with the counting stats putting up thousand yard seasons and stuff. But last year we did see the efficiency on a per route basis jump up. And if I to be honest, if he would have gotten better quarterback play from Milroe under center and at Alabama, his numbers could have been even better. And if you have a problem with that, take go watch the last year versus LSU and tell me how he should have not had a huge monster game when he's dusting corners that entire game and Milroe is airmailing him on go routes. Man. But back to his skill set. Last season we saw him ranked twenty fifth in yards per route run thirtieth and PFF receiving grade. That doesn't even do justice to his film. For Burton has speed for days, and people look at him as a field stretching guy. Can he do that? Absolutely, That's mostly what he was asked to do in college. I think his game again much kind of like Javon Baker in the sense that they were categorized as field stretch in their collegiate offenses. There is more to his game than just that he can win at all three levels. He has speed and acceleration. Dude, his acceleration is fun to watch. Again, going back to the LSU game, there were times where like he buries up his pacing in his routes, so he'll throw a little hiccup in there, and all of a sudden, he goes from zero to sixty and like poof, like the blink of an eye, and you see the corner just like rocking back on his heels and all of a sudden, say, oh crap, I'm getting burnt. And then he starts pulling away from them down the field. But this is also a player who has route nuanced. He incorporates headfakes, jabs, pacing variations in his routes. I think if we're talking about one of the most slept on wide receivers of this entire freaking class man. I love Jermaine Burton's game, and people are gonna hate this comp because this player has not he is not panned out at the NFL level yet. But you and I, way back in the wayback machine talked about this guy coming out, and you know how much I love him. Or at least loved him as a prospect. So this is a lot of respect on his name my conference. Jermain Burton as with Shat Bateman.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot. Yeah, And I like Bateman coming out too my comfort.
Speaker 2: Jermaine Burton is a guy that I watched a lot earlier on in my life.
Speaker 3: Bernard Berrian, you remember.
Speaker 1: Him now, I do remember him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jermaine Burton is he's he's an interesting player where for all four years of his college career he contributed for really good teams, blue blood playoff championship contender. Started his career at Georgia all and then you know, went over to Alabama. All four of those years had four hundred plus year seasons, four and a plus yard seasons, including as a freshman at Georgia, So you know, and you're talking, you know again, really good tea teams. But he never topped eight hundred yards. So he was a contributor but never the star. But you mentioned sort of the offensive environment he was in last year. Jalen Milroe, He's a Jylen Milroe, fabulous athlete, not the precision pocket passer. I think that Jermaine Burton's game is going to greatly play up with a quarterback who is accurate. The things you like about Jermaine Burton really really good route runner. It is so clear that he has been with the best of the best that college football has to offer as far as coaches over the last four years. You see on the field that guy is a competitive dog, and you can extrapolate that he is the same in practice, a guy that wants to improve every day. And the first three years of his career when I was watching him, like heading into last year, I talked actually with an agent about Jermaine Burton last summer and my sort of take on him at that time was like, yeah, he's interesting. You know, he's but like, you know, the upside I just wasn't sure was there at that time. But he showed something to me this past year. He took his game up to another level. The athleticism is certainly there. Nine zero six raz he had the four four five forty with a thirty eight to five vert, got over eleven.
Speaker 3: Feet in the broad jump.
Speaker 2: He has the explosion with the speed you know you were mentioning that explosion and the acceleration I also love in conjunction with that and the speed. He's a glider on the field, and you have that with the route running know how, and it just makes him really really difficult to stay with. So he makes himself available to the quarterback. And then I love I love those guys that are competitive, you know that are are getting up there in the corner back and yeahpen and different.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: He's just a vibes guy out there on the field.
Speaker 3: So you love stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Because he contributed all four years at you know, four teams that were contending on the highest stage possible in college football, you know that he's a guy who is going to get drafted and then immediately going to the NFL and be able to contribute played on the perimeter. He's going to be able to go on the boundary right away in the NFL. Jermaine Burton's a good player. I have him a little bit lower than you wide receiver fifteen, but I certainly respect his game quite a bad man.
Speaker 1: I just I'm so curious where he goes in the NFL draft because I feel like some team is gonna get a freaking steal. And I'm not even gonna break into all the off the field stuff and I know people have concerns about off the field stuff with him. Look, we're just gonna simply talk about players, their skills, skill levels, their talents and stuff, because I'll leave all that for everybody else to speculate. But again, just wrapping up Burton strong freaking hands man, especially at the catch point. His collegiate career, he had a two point eight percent drop rate for that is freaking fantastic, as well as a fifty two point six contested target catch rate. So Burton, I just look at him and like he's he's a complete wide receiver man, and he's being shoved into this field stretcher role or this box, and to me, he doesn't fit in that box. He is a better and more complete player than if you're talking about him just being a field stretcher in the NFL, where that's all he brings to the game. I'm going to emphatically implore that you go back to the film and you watch him again because you're missing something. But over to the next wide receiver we're gonna discuss here man, and for the first of the Washington guys, we're gonna bring up here wide receiver sixteen per consensus Jalen McMillan. Thora, I know you got some interesting thoughts on him, and I'm kind of I'll kick this off before I run this to you. Man, I'm kind of surprised that he is behind Jalen Polk in the consensus and because, to be honest, both of these guys are in the same exact ranking territory for me, like I've got them hugged up next to each other as wide receiver nineteen and wide receiver twenty in my ranks. But what are your thoughts for Jalen McMillan. And I mean, I don't want to discuss these guys together because McMillan's at wide receiver sixteen. Polk We're gonna get to eventually, but it's probably gonna happen anyway. Man, what's your thoughts on McMillan.
Speaker 2: Well, with your permission, I actually would like to tell us together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead. I mean, I can't see him put any rules on you for this show.
Speaker 2: So do you think so Polk is is consensus wide receiver PUL thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yes, Polk is a wide receiver thirteen. And I don't, for the life of me understand why that far.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna say this right from the get I disagree with that. Yeah, I don't discuss so last spring in Deebro, you'll recall this Tennessee, Jalen Hyatt had the Round one buzz throughout the process, and Cedric Tillman he was seen as sort of the mid round afterthought, And you know, we sort of spent the process arguing that Tillman was in fact a better player and prospect. The only reason that people thought differently was because Tillman had gotten hurt his last year on campus, which gave Hyatt the chance to break out during the underbelly of Tennessee schedule. This year, Jalen McMillan is Cedric Tillman and Jalen Pulk is Jalen Hyatt.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so beautiful. That's that needs to be hung in the louver. That's a wonderful take. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Let me give you guys some stats. In twenty twenty two, McMillan and Roma Dunsay were virtually indistinguishable as Washington's top wide receiver. In fact, McMillan had four more catches than Roma Dunsay and two more touchdowns, while at Dunjay had forty seven more yards.
Speaker 3: Polk was by.
Speaker 2: Far was way behind as wide receiver. Three was the clear after thought. Those things change in twenty twenty three only because Jalen McMillan had a knee injury against Michigan State in September. That injury cost him either the entirety or almost the entirety of the next eight games, so it wiped out the next two months of his season. It would be over two months before he would play in a full game again. And and you know, so you're wondering why has McMillan been undersold this process.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: It's because analysts are basing their assessment of Jalen McMillan on his twenty twenty three tape.
Speaker 3: That is flawed process.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, the good for the good of the Washington Huskies. Jalen McMillan attempted to cut it out and return for games against Stanford and Oregon in October.
Speaker 3: Before he was healthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then he had to leave those both of those games immediately because his knee still wasn't up.
Speaker 3: To the task. He wanted to come back early on.
Speaker 2: It would be until November twenty fifth against Wazoo, when McMillan was finally able to return and play a and I'm using rabbit air quotes here, a full game. He clearly wasn't one hundred percent even still then, but he did catch five balls for like twenty five yards. It was more like a decoy, and then he could do sort of short stuff.
Speaker 3: He still wasn't able to do the full thing.
Speaker 2: But this is an extremely tough kid who you cannot judge off the latter half of his twenty twenty three film because of that context, debro, let me give you another stat here. So, Jalen McMillan and Jalen Polk were on the field together at Washington for twenty games the past two years.
Speaker 3: When Jalen McMillan.
Speaker 2: Was healthy for a full game, okay, when he was healthy for a full game, and Polk was there twenty games the past two years.
Speaker 3: I want to give you both of those guys' stats in those twenty games.
Speaker 2: Jalen McMillan in those twenty games one hundred and twenty four catches, sixteen hundred and fifty seven yards, fourteen touchdowns. Jalen Polk stats in those twenty games, sixty eight catches, twelve.
Speaker 3: Hundred and ten yards, nine touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Y wasn't even close. Wow, it was not even close. McMillan's tape you go back to twenty twenty two. When you have that is when you can accurately judge Jalen McMillan. That tape shows a slot receiver with an extremely advanced understanding of route running. I appreciate his his work against zone in particular, finds the open grass, immediately flashes himself to the quarterback in quick order. He's a clever route runner who baits defenders one way to go the other. He is a build up speed guy, but he has the downfield utility when he gets a free release with some with the open grass in front of him, and then he's showing the ability to track the ball downtown so he can make the plays in that third sector downfield. He also because of that threat, you have to play it. You know, you have to respect his ability to make plays down the field. And the thing that he can do off of that is stop on the diamond, come back to the ball. So those are the sort of two things that he can do off of that. He has really good hands regularly speared balls outside of his frame in college. One undersold thing about Michael Pennix's tape, which deebra you and I have talked about, the accuracy was not always pinpoint, so sometimes it would be outside the guy's frame. McMillan did a really good job of reeling those things in and then turning around becoming the runner.
Speaker 3: Nitpicks about him.
Speaker 2: Lacks the play strength, he can be jarred off his route. You do want him in the slot because if he was on the outside, the press coverage would give him trouble. But in the slot he's fine. He's gonna get his free releases on that. And he's also not great and contested catch his situation because of the lack of play strength and stuff like that. The only other thing not a huge yak threat. But overall this is this is a guy who is a really good He projects for me to be a strong NFL starting slot guy. For me, he is a better prospect than Jalen Polk. You don't have to listen to me. Listen to what you heard from Washington. Listen listen to Kaylin de boor listen to Michael Pennix Deep bro with with your permission. I'm do you mind if I go right into to Polk or you would you like to respond to the McMillan stuff first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just let me wait in on McMillan here, and then let's dive into Polk here. So, and to frame this for everybody, So, Jalen McMillan is the wide receiver sixteen per consensus on NFL Man Draft database, and Jalen Polk is the white receiver thirteen. In my ranks, they're right back to back with each other. I have McMillan wide receiver nineteen and Polk at twenty. I agree with almost everything you freaking said Thor McMillan. Again, if you're watching the twenty twenty three tape, turn it off. He wasn't fully healthy. He looks like somebody trying to run in mud. He's he had no kind of foot speed. I mean, he basically was just a catch and fall down. Could not separate just one versus underneath coverage, could not break tackles. It was twenty twenty three tape was bad. And but again it's because he's gutting through a knee injury. If you turn on twenty twenty two, I agree with you. Emphatically build up speed best in the slot. He will not play on the boundary in the NFL straight up, because his play strength is not there, man, and it shows up in the routes. You could push him off his routes. It shows up at the catch point. You talked about a twenty. He only secured twenty percent of his contested targets in college.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Also there is some drop issues. And again we could talk about ball placement and Michael Pennix for days, but on McMillan, I don't disagree with you at all. I think he's a big slot in the NFL. I think he's a better prospect than Polk. My com for him was Marquise Lee. I do not think that he goes as high as Lee did in the draft. Now, nobody's projecting that because again smaller school, not USC things like that. I think he's probably a round four, round five grade for me. But anything else to tie a bow on for McMillan, but that I just ran through and yeah, let's kick it to pulk Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I had McMillan as sixteen wide receiver. Sixteen, I have Jalen Polk as wide receiver twenty.
Speaker 1: Hand holding with that then yeah pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Polk came over from Texas Tech, transferred over to Washington, didn't break out well, breakout again, I'm using the air quotes.
Speaker 3: Thirty was the first year that he contributed. I guess see me today.
Speaker 1: McMillan injury and an injury plague season to break out, we'll say that, yes.
Speaker 3: And that was his fourth year.
Speaker 2: So last year twenty twenty three, that was the year where he had eleven hundred and fifty nine yards in the nine touchdowns. But that was the one year where it was the standout season. Is his fourth year on campus. So that's what's led to a lot of hype for Jalen Polk. I've seen him in the top ten list for some analysts on their wide receiver list.
Speaker 3: I just think that that's rich now, you know.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that he was the clear wide receiver three when everyone is healthy in twenty twenty two, and he didn't get to break out until McMillan got injured this season. When McMillan got injured this past year, Pulk goes on for the next five games. He posted one hundred yard games, but in the last seven games of this past season. So we're talking from the beginning of November on, so in the heart of Washington's schedule and then into their college football run, the Pack twelve title game, and then in the college football run. Jalen Polk had a receiving line in those seven games of twenty three catches for three hundred twenty five three yards and two touchdowns. That's basically an average of three catches for forty six yards per game in a pass happy offense. And troublingly, in two of those games, even though he played the full games, he was held to zero catches one of those games. McMillan did play in one of the other ones he did not, and and Polk he just disappeared. The thing I do like about Pulk and his EVA. You know, it's a thing that everybody mentions. His hands are awesome. If you put it inside of that kid's catching, he ain't dropping it. He will come down with the ball. So that that is the thing that you like about him. He in college, he you know, they played him inside and outside, so he showed that versatility there. But here's my thing with his EVA and one of the reasons why I rank him lower. I think he said it to the slot in the end, I don't think that he will be playing on the outside in the NFL. He simply is an explosive or sudden enough for the boundary in the NFL. And I also worry that consistent NFL press coverage is going to give him trouble on the outside.
Speaker 3: So for me, he profiles as.
Speaker 2: A non explosive, big slot receiver at the next level who separates by altering his tempo and setting up defenders, but isn't great after the catch. Basically an efficient player who's going to catch what's thrown for him, but is not going to give you any explosion or a ton of yak stuff. I think this is a cap value player. That's why I rank him lower and see him different than a lot of other analysts.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you. You were so on the nose with him being a slot wide receiver in the NFL. And I'll also throw this back. I think he was a slot wide receiver in college. That's all he basically was. And let me quantify that all of those routes on the outside and all those snaps on the outside are false and fake window dressing. Because most of that stuff happened in bunch sets where he's the second guy in that set, he's getting the off coverage, or they were moving him the emotion, so again he was facing off coverage. So basically, we're talking about a wide receiver that masqueraded as a part time boundary receiver. But if you go turn on the film and see how he was actually used, he really wasn't a boundary receiver. Like did he line up with the outside? Sure? Are you gonna post that up and say he can do do that in the NFL? Hell, No, there's no way, dude. And a lot of this is they hid him that way because you talk like you mentioned it Thor's His releases need refinement. His burst is average at best. They had him running out and ups at freaking Washington, and I'm like, why you're throwing back shoulder balls on out and ups or he he's got a guy in his back in his back pocket the entire time because he doesn't have the requisite burst or the raw speed to create separation running these types of routes. He's a big slot and he's not gonna be a great one in the NFL. Man, Like, I don't see him playing the boundary, and I mean there's really again we go. Him and McMillan are extremely similar players in a lot of aspects, and people don't look at them that way, and I don't understand why they're basically what and what as far as skill sets. There is some tran like some differences in their games, but both of them project as big slot wide receivers to the next level. And the only difference that I see really in Polk's game versus McMillan's is that he's just way better at the catch point. He's not a great separator, he doesn't have a ton of twitch, and I'll say Polk has less quick twitch than even m millon does. So like anybody ranking Polk's either their top ten, you're gonna come knock on the door, come at me on X or thor, and come tell us why you love Jalen Polk so much, because I don't freaking see it. Man. But before we bust into these last four wide receivers that round out wide receiver twenty through again, I gotta tell you all right now, ma'am. By now, I know that you've probably already heard about reality sports online, But if you haven't kick that volume up, baby. This is the most powerful fantasy sports platform where owners get to build and manage their fantasy teams like an NFL general manager. The question is have you tried it? If you haven't, get into this today and you got to go see with all the buzz in the dynasty communities about free agency, multi year contracts, rookie draft, multi team trades, franchise tags, contract extensions of first round rookie options, automated contracting, salary cap functionality, and a ton more. It's not complicated, it just takes another level of strategy. You think you're among the fantasy dynasty elite, this is the platform to test your metal. You could test out your general manager's skills for free in a mock free agency auction right now. Use the promo code Fantasy pros to receive a ten percent discount on your team or league today. That's the promo codes Fantasy Pros for a ten percent discount on your team league today. Fantasy just got real, baby at Reality Sports online dot Com or number fifteen Wide Receiver Perk Consensus tes Walker Man comes with a lot of hype. I don't see a ton of sustance. But tell me where I'm wrong and what do you think about him? Dude?
Speaker 2: I I have tes Walker ranked as wide receiver nineteen.
Speaker 3: He did have.
Speaker 1: I got wide receiver twenty two.
Speaker 2: Manh yeah, he did have the You know he ran the four to three six Salvage a little bit of a draft process.
Speaker 3: It did not see out very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did not have a very good senior ball. But you know he put up the nine eighty seven ra as at six one and a half one ninety three. He's a well built field stretcher, not explosive off the line, does have the elite straight line build up speed, downtown duties is what you're bringing tes Walker in for it. The things I like about him uses his frame well down the field, solid ball skals. When he's down the field, he needs to clean up the concentration drops out. Running remains a work in progress. That is being kind stating at me. The way he played only twenty eight games of FBS football and only eight in the Power five last year. The NCAA was being punitive with him at the start of the season when he had transferred over to North Carolina from Kent State, so he got a very late start on the season. By the time he finally got thrown in mid stream, they just asked him to run the very limited routes that he was running beforehand, So it made it pretty difficult for tes Walker to fully flesh out his game or work on that kind of stuff. So then he was just running the you know, basically, like I said, the same kind of stuff for Drake May you'd see a lot of the go routes and then the comebacks and different stuff like that, but you know that was basically, Yeah, you'd see the occasional lazy drag, but his overall routes lack pizazz and snap. They're telegraphed. It makes it difficult for him to get separation. Usually when you saw him open, it was a function of the coverage and not something he had done.
Speaker 3: On the comebacks.
Speaker 2: For instance, he didn't see him sprinting full board to sell the nine route and slam on the brakes. On those routes, you know, he could be going less than full speed to make it easier for him to make the choppy turn to come back. He's gonna have to make to hang his hat initially on the downfield prowess that he has, because that's that's the one thing that he's bringing to the NFL, and it's the thing that's going to get him overdrafted relative to what you know, it's overall skill set at this point, then the rest of it is going to have to be developed at the next level.
Speaker 3: The overall thing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's sexy on the surface, but it is an extremely raw skill overall skill set overall.
Speaker 3: That's why I had to rank him lower Debro like that.
Speaker 2: That's the thing people need to understand about this guy coming in, Like, you do have this size, you do have that speed, you do have the downtown utility, but the rest of it is just so raw. I'll toss out one other thing about him that I like, just because the rest of it's kind of negative. One other nuance about his tape that I did notice that that I liked about the downfield stuff. He has the light hands, which helps him down the field. You know, he uses the body well he can get down the field. And then he's one of those things where he doesn't telegraph to the defensive back until very late that the balls come in, so that helps him as well. But the rest of it if he doesn't develop the routes, he's just gonna have the cornerback playing off of him because you're never going to be afraid that he's going to be able to beat you on the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 1: M Look, man, I don't have a lot of good things to say about Tess Walker. Again, just like you're talking about I look at him as a very, very raw, situational deep threat, and I don't know if his game ever revolves into being anything more than that. I think that he's gonna get overdrafted because of the testing metrics. And this again goes back to I don't really freaking care if a wide receiver runs of damn four to three. If they can't get open and they can't run routes, you're not going to get open in the NFL. The amount of guys in the NFL that you could just say, Okay, I'm faster than you, I'm gonna run by you in the NFL is slim. It's very slim. Now. Is he gonna have moments because of that speed? Sure? Are those moments gonna come on broken plays or they hide him in a bunch formation or something. Probably because you just don't see the route running process. You don't see the releases, you don't see the nuancedence routes. Again, asking him to run comebacks or anything where he's got a gear down and sing his hips good luck. I know that he ran with the raw speed, but it's build up speed, dude. So again, if you're out there hyping, and I haven't heard the hype much for tes Walker recently, but it did earlier in this process, just put some context around this tes Walker and see if you really want to get your hype wagon buried to tes Walker last year amongst all wide receivers of fifty targets, seventy first and yards per route run, and it ain't getting better as a roll through the page one hundred and seventy seventh in PFF receiving grade, two hundred and seventy first in YAK per reception. It ain't great, baby, But look he's got speed. Think if you want a guy that could go run clear outs for you all game, every game, every week, then tz Walker's your man. But moving over from one field stretcher to a guy that's going to make his living underneath and as a manufactured touch guy, because that's all he was in college wide receiver fourteen Malachi Corley thor God, I want to say something nice on this show man, but these ranks are not helping us out here. For Malachi Corley, I've got a wide receiver twenty one in my ranks. Please tell me you've got some love to spread on Corley, although I don't think you do.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: You know, dee Bro, he's been getting a lot of comps to a very famous receiver and no bad guy. You know that is used all over the place, and you know a variety of ways you manufacturer touches for him and self like that.
Speaker 3: I'm talking of course of Amari Rodgers, the guy that I that I can comment.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm kidding, of course, No. Well I set that you set that up perfectly. That is that is my comp uh MELOCHI. Corley has been getting apocry full comps to Deebo Samuel. He is absolutely not Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 1: You need if you think he's Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 3: Just out there.
Speaker 2: Amari Rodgers was a guy when he came out, you know, he had played for for Trevor Lawrence and was a guy that got a lot to hype his process and I fought.
Speaker 1: Thirty two years old when he came out of Clemson team something like that.
Speaker 2: I remember fighting people his entire process because I was saying all they did was just shuttle handoff, like long handoffs to him down the line from the slot. He he didn't run any roads like the the last season, you know, people would They were pointing at Trevor Lawrence the amount of screen passes that he threw, but the quote unquote screen passes, it was just the shuttling stuff off to Amari Rodgers, Melochi Corley.
Speaker 3: He is a running back playing wide receiver.
Speaker 2: His quote unquote catches, they were all manufactured touches like the air raid system that he played at at Western Kentucky. Obviously a gimmicky system, but his role in the slot there was essentially to be the running back in that and they would manufacture him the short touches and then it would be the yak yardage like Malachi you create from here. He has the thick running back build. He is a tank after the catch like that's where he impresses people and the people that give him hype. What they're talking about is when he has the ball in his hands. That's where he looks good. Easily led this class with forty broken tackles in twenty twenty two. He had a bunch last season as well, though he didn't play in quite as many games. He has tremendous power and balance for a receiver while he's running again, far more akin to a running back in the open field, which is not a surprise because he began his career at Western Kentucky as a running back after he had initially signed as a cornerback. So this is a guy who made his way to wide receiver once again using the air quotes because he's still not a wide receiver. All of his production came off screens essentially he does. You know, the Deebo stuff comes because he you know they'll they'll give him the handoffs and do different stuff like that. He can give you utility with that. But the issue with him, Deebo. You can do other stuff with him, You can do receiver stuff with him. You can't do that really with Corley. The only time he catches balls down the field. You saw the occasional time where they would send him down the field and then you know it would but it would be the straight go route, right, So be Manufacturer, Touch Manufacturer Touch Manufacturer, Touch, Manufacturer Touch, hand the ball off to a manufacturer Touch Manufacturer Touch Manufacturer Touch, and then one go ball right when when they would get a one on one shot with him, and then occasionally he would reel in those things. But he's a straight gadget guy that can break tackles. The past two seasons, Corley had eighty nine catches behind the line of scrimmage. He led the nation in scre three yards both times that stuff wasn't closed. He caught the ball just fifteen times twenty plus yards down the field, troubling twenty three point five percent contest to catch rate last year despite a five point five a dot that ranked deebro get this number four hundred and ninety fifth in the FBS. He needs to be drafted by a team that is going to use him situationally and super duper gadget heavy early on, or this could be a problem. If you ask Malachai Corley right out to get to run routes and win even ten yards downfield, it is going to be a problem. The team that drafts him needs to understand what Malachi Corley is and then try to develop him like, that's that's my whole thing with Malachai Cory. I'm not trying to beg on him too much. It's you have the run after the catch thing. Understand that he's basically right now a running back playing wide receiver. The rest of it you're gonna have to to flesh out. Remember Deebro, when Leviscus Chanel came in, or Rondo Moore came in, some of these manufact extra touch guys, or even Amari Rodgers, Like we're mentioning they got too much hype. I'm just trying to give people realistic expectations for Corley. I hope the NFL gives them the same and you can try to develop them from there.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with anything you just said. I'll add on top that he led the nation and screened targets last year with fifty one, which accounted for forty four point three percent of his target volume, and that that was exactly My comp for him is discount Rondell Moore, and he's just a manufactured touch guy that really you can't point to route running, you can't point to anything outside of Okay, we put the ball in his hands and ask him to go break tackles, And the other thing I'll say here is that I don't think his tackle breaking ability is going to translate to the NFL coming from Western Kentucky as well as people think when you're breaking the tackles and rest conference.
Speaker 2: To USA last year was the worst conference in college football. Western Kentucky played and in a bom nation of a strength of schedule.
Speaker 1: For you to put him in the SEC, he ain't breaking tackles the same way that he did a Western Kentucky Like, I'm sorry, and if you're hyping out there hyping Corley, I'm sorry, but this is just we're talking about player archetypes and we're talking about usage and how you're going to project these guys to the NFL as a manufactured touch wide receiver. I just don't see him garnering that type of usage, the high end, heavy target usage in the NFL, because again, I don't think that his game is well rounded and I don't think he's a special enough talent to say, Okay, he's going to necessitate these touches at the NFL level. So I'm sorry, people, but we're just not as high on Malcolm Corley as consensus right now, but moving over to a guy that again we're talking about. We have been poo pooing the last few prospects that we've discussed on here. Now we get to talk about a guy we freaking we love back and I will kind of do a self own here. Okay, I went through mister Ricky Piersoll's tape the first time before Senior Bowl, and I didn't have a ton of all twenty two to dive into him. So I was not huge into him because some of this comes down to what games did you watch? How many games did you get a chance to watch, and what did you think of him? So if you're talking about a sample size of one to two games, so I can get right ups and I'm looking at this guy's game going into Senior Bowl versus now I was able to run through his entire season at Florida and really dive through his game. Did I love Ricky Pearsol? He's I mean, I got a second round grade on him. He tested like a monster at the during the process, and you turn on the tape, man and it's nuanced route running for freaking days, head fakes, jab steps, reading leverage, using all of this to his advantage. He is a versatile wide receiver that can offer you inside outside versatility. He is a monster at the catch point. I mean, dude, that that catch that he came down with versus Charlotte just needs to get put on a loop when they talk about him at the NFL Draft when he gets selected in the second round of the NFL Draft, just put that one catch on a loop and just keep it playing. Keep it playing, baby, because he freaking deserves it, because it is magic. It is total magician skills. But thor, before I give you my comp which I know you love here, what are your thoughts on pearsaw Man.
Speaker 2: Pearsaw is my wide receiver seven. He should be a touch baby. He's my wide receiver seven. To go go ahead, go ahead it love it, yeah, and really open the eyes with the testing. This kid has had a dominant pre draft process that that's what solidified him there and the ras actually might have even gone up. I'm looking at the updated looks like it's actually closer than nine to nine. Now it's the percentile's gone, but the last three, so let's just talk about the on field first. The last three seasons for Ricky Pearsaw he was the wide receiver one for Jayden Daniels. We know Jayden Daniels at Arizona State. Then he was wide receiver one for Anthony Richardson at Florida. Then last year he was wide receiver one for Graham Mertz at Florida. Graham Mertz will probably be a Day three guy next year. Then of course he's had the you know he was great down in Mobile, then goes to Indianapolis and blew the roof off the plays with the awesome testing profile, including this speed he did. He did the whole gamut of it. I mean, that's what's so impressive about the testing. A lot of these guys duck the three cone in the shuttle.
Speaker 3: He did not.
Speaker 2: He had the best three cone of any of the guys that did at six six four with four to four to one speed, forty.
Speaker 3: Two inch vertical for Ricky Pearsaw.
Speaker 2: But on the field, advancefield for route running, understands coverage designs, will modify his path to get into the open grass against zone, modulates his tempo to keep defenders at bay. You mentioned the head and show I love how he does that. You know he's got the jittery upper body. You know, it's like he under like he puts himself in the head of the guy that he's against, and so he's always trying. It's like a poker table thing where he's always trying to give them false tells. And then he has the athleticism as well, and then the footwork and different stuff like that, so he's always putting these false ideas in their head, and then he has athletic trump cards as well. So that's why you see him so consistently separate, and just the numbers to back that up.
Speaker 3: Last year, Ricky Piersaw.
Speaker 2: Receiving great against single coverage ninety percentile separation percentile ninety first, so we're talking the upper levels of this class. The truly exceptional hands for Ricky Piersaw. It's probably the best thing about his profile. Eighty six point eight PFF hands grade last season. Spears balls outside his frame on the move with regularity. You mentioned the Charlotte catch. He has a highlight reel of one handed catches and just stupid catches. He was there's a staple of the sports under Top ten the past couple of years, which I had a fun time talking to him about when we were down in.
Speaker 1: The ear when you set him up with that, man. But he should be man. He should enjoy that. He should absolutely enjoy when people bring it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's yeah, just tremendous hands and he's a kid that played both inside and outside in college. I he he told us that the NFL had talked to him about playing the slot. I think he could do the interchangeable thing at the next level. The only question will be one nippick about his profile lack of play strength. You wonder buck getting pressed. But I think he could do the interchangeable thing. But if nothing else, he's gonna be a really good starting slot immediately. But I think he could handle some boundary stuff as long as you can get him the free releases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, man, I think he could play inside outside. I think he has the route nuance and the physicality, especially the raw athleticism to beat press. I'm not worried about it at all. Man. But Ricky Peter saw our wide receiver seven of this class and the final guy we're going to bring up today, wide receiver eleven per consensus, Thor kick us off here, baby with the last guy here, Roman Wilson, wide receiver out of Michigan.
Speaker 3: Roman Wilson is my wide receiver ten.
Speaker 2: He's almost five foot eleven one eighty five, so a little bit on the smaller side, and not that he's not an elite athlete at that size, so that's one of the reasons that he gets nitpicked and could get picked a little bit lower than maybe I'm going to argue that he should. He was seventy fifth percentile in terms of that. But extremely fluid on the field, and the thing that his athletic profile has, it's the speed four three nine speed. He's got quicks on the field out of that out of the slot as well. Assignment minded player who Michigan's NFL staff greatly trusted.
Speaker 3: He was the focal.
Speaker 2: Point of the design timing concepts in all the high leverage situations for Michigan's offense. They it was a run first offense, but when they were throwing it was the third and lungs. They were often going to Roman Wilson beyond the sticks in those situations, and he often came through. He's not great in true contested situation due to his body composition, but he has the concentration in hands to make tough catches in congested quarters, and he consistently makes plays downfield when he can free himself, so he has the ability to make plays at all three sectors out of the slot. He's a bursty route runner, tough to stay with one on one. I love his ability to throttle up and down at will, changes directions fluidly without losing momentum. He's good at finding the open spot against zone squats for his quarterback quick, quickly, very reliable hands. Only had one drop in zero fumbles during the run to the national title last year, only two and zero respectively the year before that. His counting stats for sure suffered due to Michigan's off the run first ethos and then of course the starters got pulled in a bunch of games last year because they were flogging teams in the blowouts.
Speaker 3: But Wilson's value where.
Speaker 2: You can see, you know, it's sort of like JJ McCarthy, where when you start to look at the per play stuff and the efficiency stuff, that's where he starts to shine. And Wilson last year number one in the FBS amongst all receivers and expected points added per route run. He was also top ten nationally in QB rating on targets. You know, a couple of nitpicks doesn't break a ton of tackles.
Speaker 3: Isn't a huge.
Speaker 2: Jack threat, but he's super duper reliable, super efficient. Slot must be accounted for. And like I said, Ken win at all three levels of the field. He's going to start immediately in the NFL and he's going to contribute for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean I like his game. I definitely I think the shortcomings of his game. He wins basically with speed, speed, speed, speed, and he can do it and he's got the four to three speed. But like you talked about, you appreciate his game because again, the the per route metrics are really strong with him twenty ninth and yards per route run twenty second in PFF receiving gray last year outside of you know, not having the volume counting stats, which we've talked about for days with Michigan's offense and adding context there. But the way he wins is with speed, and you talked about him, man, he is going to be a starting slot wide receiver in the NFL. Could you put him at some Z and considering can he beat guys off the line and stretch the defense? Yes, I think he can do that. But you're not going to ask Roman Wilson to generate a ton of YAK, break a ton of tackles. He can generate yak via the speed. But why we're talking about him as a starting slot wide receiver outside of the fact that he did have a sixty percent collegiate slot rate, is that he struggles to play through contact in his routes and break tackles and it shows up on his film. So you're not gonna put him outside and if he gets pressed at the line, he's probably gonna have problems. And we saw some of that immobile as well. But if you're asking Roman Wilson to do what he does, put him across the middle of the field, put him in space, and let him go run away from dudes and beats on coverage. He can do that for you. I've got a round three ish kind of grade on him. I think he probably goes anywhere between round three round four of the NFL draft, depending on how team that they love him. I mean, you talked about the four to three speed. It's all over his tape, man, But a kid that I like, where did you have him as wide receiver? Ten? Right, Thor, Okay, and I'm not far off of you, like I've got him in the same kind of general area. I've got him at wide receiver thirteen. Man, So again a player that we both can like, we both like, but he is going to play a certain role in the NFL. But Thor, this was a blast of an episode. Man. We ran through all of these wide receivers wide receiver eleven through twenty per consensus again. Before we get up out of here, man, people who've got to be subscribing, got to be tuning into next week's episode with our special guests from the Volume Network, John Middlekoff is going to dice it up with us. We're gonna talk about our guys at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end. If you're getting ready for your Dynasty rookie drafts, you gotta be using the mock draft simulator at fantasypros dot Com slash simulator for Thor and I. We chopped it all up, man. We got all these wide receivers, and don't worry, we're gonna get into the nitty grit whre to you this class. We have a Sleepers episode that will be coming up in the roll of Dex, So stay tuned for next week's episode with John Mittlecoff. It's gonna be a blast. Tons of fire coming out there for Thor and I.
Speaker 3: We're out of here.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Dynasty Football Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 3: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros